Speaker 1: Volume.
Speaker 2: We're back with another week of football, and Draft Kings Sportsbook is keeping us in all the NFL action with great offers every single game day. New customers can bet five dollars and get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bet pro five down on any of this week's epic matchups and.
Speaker 3: Walk away in Instant Winner.
Speaker 2: Football is more fun when you're in on the action, so download the app now and sign up with Cold Shannon. New customers can bet five dollars and get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bet only on Draft King Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL with Cold Shannon's crowny Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or visit ww dot one eight hundred gambler dot net in New York called eight seven seven eight hope n Y or text hope in why. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of boot Hill Casino and Resort licensee partner Golden Nugget Lake Charles twenty one plus. Age varies by jurisdiction, boyd in Ontario, se Sportsbook dot draft Kings dot com, slash football terms for eligibility, terms and responsible gaming resources. Bonus bet expire seven days after issuance. Eligibility and deposit restrictions apply. Hello, Hello, everyone, Welcome to another edition of night Cap. I am Shannon Sharp, your favorite UNC. He's your favorite number eighty five Cincinnati Bengo legend Chad o Cho Senko Johnson. Thank you for joining us. Let's jump right into it. The game you just watched Chiefs beat the Jets twenty three twenty I'm sure Vegas is very very happy that Patrick Mahomes slid down in bounds because they were giving nine points and who knows what would have happened.
Speaker 3: And Patrick Mahomes says, you know what, I'm not gonna take a chance.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to take a chance that we scored touchdown and they run the kickoff back on side and then something fluky happens, so you know what, they have no more timeouts.
Speaker 3: I almost slide down and bounds.
Speaker 2: He also threw his two hundred touchdown pass in his eighty fourth career game, fewest to two hundred TV passes in NFL history, surpassing my former colleague and hol class teammate, excuse me, Dan Marino, of eighty nine games.
Speaker 3: What were some of your takeaways? Let's start.
Speaker 2: Let's start with the Let's start with the Kansas City and we'll get to the Jets.
Speaker 3: Let's go with Kansas City. What was your big takeaway from the game with the Chiefs?
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously with the Chiefs, the Chiefs did what they could. I mean, it was very surprising with Taylor Swift being in the building that Travis Kelsey hadn't.
Speaker 4: Caught a ball into the third quarter. You would have thought they would.
Speaker 1: Have featured him the same way the NFL his feature Taylor Swift and all of their somewhat mercier's leading up to the game. Yet, other than that, they played good football. They played good football. They didn't blow the Jets out like everybody thought. Everybody thought it was going to be a runaway game. Obviously Super Bowl champion to come in and just run the Jets out of the stadium, but that wasn't the case. H They played good football. Obviously, Patrick Mahomes turned the ball over because of the great defense of the Jets, and I mean that. That's pretty much.
Speaker 4: What Listen, what what what creates those? Did he say what.
Speaker 2: Pressure? There was no pressure on him. Go back and read his lips. He said throw the effing ball. He was trying to guide it. It wasn't no pressure on him when he threw the picks. Yeah, did they pressure him, yes, but on those on those possessions, those were those were self inflicted wounds. Okay, what about the run game. Were you impressed with the case He's run game projecto? Yeah, most de partecto was the real deal.
Speaker 3: He the real deal.
Speaker 1: And matter of fact, I heard I heard Collinsworth the comparison, the comparison between him and Marshaw Lynch. You see the similarities and their styles of running. Obviously, I'm not saying he's Marshawn Lynch, and not not by any means, but the style he the style, the force of which you run with meaning like a Marion Barber Marshawn Lynch. You know, it's one more that's on the tip of my tongue. Where they ran with such anger like and there was there was intent behind every step they took, especially when they when they ran into running to their opponent.
Speaker 4: Other than that, I mean, it was decent. It was decent from their side.
Speaker 2: I think the thing is that the Chiefs got to do something with that right tackle. He's had ten accepted penalties in four games. Let that sink in, ladies. The record, if I'm not mistaken, is Brandon Browner. I think in twenty fifteen had twenty three in a sixteen game season. He has ten accepted. Not to count how many you know they got off the field. It was it was third down and he got a penalty, and it was the player with incomplete or they got stopped or something.
Speaker 3: He has ten accepted penalties. That's terrible.
Speaker 2: And you know what, and it's gonna bite you when you when you least needed to come into play. It's gonna because he gave him two points. He got him on the board.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: The funny thing about it is the offense is so efficient. The offense is so good they able to do that. They're so well balanced offense. I mean, in all three phases offen they can run the ball very very well, they can pass the ball very very well. They're one of the few teams in the NFL that can overcome those penalties. But like you said, at some point later on in the season and in a game of extreme importance, those calls are gonna cost them.
Speaker 2: You can't You're not gonna overcome those against a Buffalo. You're not gonna overcome those against the Miami, You're not gonna some of the better rights, right, You're not gonna You're not gonna be able to overcome those type of mistakes because they put so much pressure on your defense. Now your offense is because the Jets is not an offense that you know, you're like, oh man, we gotta go score thirty the posing team offense, like we gotta go skirt score thirty against Jets of Buffalo.
Speaker 3: You know you got to go get thirty.
Speaker 2: The Dolphins, you know, you gotta go get thirty or you're gonna be in trouble.
Speaker 3: And so mistakes like that.
Speaker 2: Turnovers, because turnovers allow bad teams, you bring them up to your level. Because you see last tonight, Ojo, it wasn't like the Jets were driving the ball until the Kansas City created short fields for him turning the ball over, and it got them some confidence, and all of a sudden, you can see like Zach.
Speaker 3: Wilson started getting a little little bit a little.
Speaker 4: Little no no, no, no, no, no, no, no. That's not what we're finna do. We're not finna do that.
Speaker 1: I mean, Zach Wilson played good football tonight.
Speaker 4: Wilson played good. What's happened?
Speaker 3: A chance to take the league? What you do?
Speaker 4: What you not?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, let's hope. We had a drop touch down. We had to drop down, we listened to. We had a drop test down. Hold on, we had an interception that Mosley could have could have picked off.
Speaker 4: These are game changers. These are there.
Speaker 1: They are about five or six players after to change the dynamic of that game.
Speaker 4: You're not gonna do it.
Speaker 1: Sit there and talk about, oh, the offense got confidence, that Zach Wilson got confidence because of what the Chiefs did. That's what you're not finna do. Hold On, we played with goddamn football.
Speaker 3: Hold On, let me ask you a question. Think about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, in the game that they the one game they won, they created four turnovers. The game that they got closed, the team created two turnovers. So tell me the game in which they didn't they didn't win, and with the Jets have gone up and down the field.
Speaker 4: But that has nothing to do with it.
Speaker 1: Okay, to your point, we loved we lost the game, but tonight was a great foundation for us to build off offensively, including Zach Wilson.
Speaker 4: He played good goddamn.
Speaker 1: For me and the fact that you're gonna see him not get this man any credit.
Speaker 4: With the way he played. I can't believe you. How would you sit here.
Speaker 2: And do show when it mattered the most, when he had a chance to go down and tag the lead. Tell the people that didn't see the game what Zach Wilson did.
Speaker 3: Don't get quiet.
Speaker 2: Now hold on for the people at home, Oh Joe Sinko is finished, explain to you the last series.
Speaker 3: Hold on just a second.
Speaker 2: I want you to explain to the people at home that maybe their cable went out or they don't get NBC on the rig. I need you to explain to the people what Zach Wilson did on the last series.
Speaker 4: We didn't make it.
Speaker 3: We need to do no, no, no, no, we didn't.
Speaker 4: We didn't. We didn't.
Speaker 5: We didn't do what we needed to do. We didn't do we did listening. Hold on, hold on, did the offensive line block? Did the receivers go out for a pass route? I need you to give them a play by play. I need you to be I need you to be the black Chris collins Worth and walk them through.
Speaker 4: I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't even remember that play. I can't remember what happened. I can't, I promise you I can't because I was so focused on all I couldn't even I can't even remember the bad. I can't even remember the bad.
Speaker 4: I just I just know.
Speaker 1: I just know based on what I saw tonight, the sample size and of playoff saw from Zach Wilson, it leaves me with a great taste in my mouth and knowing that Jess it gonna be okay, they gonna be okay. You want to talk about one you want to talk about one series. We know what happened when, when the when the game was on the line and.
Speaker 4: We could have the game, we know what happened. I don't need to harp on that.
Speaker 3: How many times do a game come down to a play?
Speaker 4: All the time? Session, all the time it happened.
Speaker 1: It happens all the time. It happens all the time. And I named some other plays. They're they're about five and six in the game of of of seventy today, seventy five plays to make a difference.
Speaker 4: I told you the tight end. Wait was that was that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: We had to settle for a field goal. Ball hit me right in the hands. Ball stop it? The the man slide on. I thought the dude played for the mask.
Speaker 2: The way he was trying to catch the ball, I thought he was a basketball player.
Speaker 4: But when he had his hand placement entirely the wrong way.
Speaker 1: Any ball below your waist, your hands shouldn't be like this anyway. Your hand's supposed to be like this, ready to cut the ball because it's already low.
Speaker 4: But you have been a catch?
Speaker 3: Ojo? What was that?
Speaker 4: That would have also been able to change the game.
Speaker 3: What happened? Let me ask you a question.
Speaker 2: What do we talk about running one way and the ball coming behind you? Yes, that's the way you do it, but a normal when you sliding, it's hard to open your hips up and turn your hands like this. It's a lot easier to be going away and put your hands like that. Yes, that makes the catch more difficult because it's gonna hit your hands and go down. But it's really hard to run one way, open the hips and get your hands up under the ball like that. Don't do that. O Joe that you caught ball for a living.
Speaker 1: Now you see what now see you said, you see him, You see him make excuses. You can see it making excuses. And I'm telling you, you know those two plays that that dropped touched down and that interception and just but the inch, it's a game of inches.
Speaker 4: It's a game of inches.
Speaker 1: Just like al Patino said, the six inches in front of your face, that's exactly what we Wilson, Zach Wilson missed Garrett Wilson on the d ball.
Speaker 4: It was six inches, yes, six inches, yes, that all.
Speaker 1: These plays, those are the three plays right there that would have changed the outcome of this game. And it's just unfortunate that it didn't go our way tonight. It didn't go our way.
Speaker 4: But I'm happy with the with the play from Zach Wilson.
Speaker 3: Knight.
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, even after the game, what did Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 1: Say, Zach play god damn well and had some hell of throws out there.
Speaker 4: Well listen, they rolled.
Speaker 1: Him out the pocket, getting them comfortable. You can see the confidence in some of the throws.
Speaker 3: He was ran a lot better than tonight. Oh y.
Speaker 2: In order for you to continue this to see this, Zach Wilson, You're defense is going to have to continue to create turnovers. Are you comfortable that your defense is gonna give me? Because the two games that they one game they won, they created four. The other game they almost won, they created too. So the games in which they didn't create any turnovers, what happened?
Speaker 3: We lost?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's okay because the defense. Remember this is this is a great defense. This is just not no any ordinary defense. This is a great defense. And they're going to continue to cause turnovers. It's going to continue to happen. But when of these turnovers, well, we're gonna have to do offense. And you notice I'm saying we Yeah, I'm I'm infiltrated because I support Zach Wilson. Yeah, because you we have to. We have to get points on some of these turnovers. If it's not it's not if it's not a touchdown, touchdown, we gotta get touched down. But if we can't get touchdown because the defense is playing so well, we got to get three points every time. I mean, I'm not saying every time they say no video game, this is real life. But if we can get points every time we get the ball, especially on turbo turnovers.
Speaker 4: It will make the game that much better for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, if I'm the Jets, I do see a little glimmer.
Speaker 3: I don't care. Will thank you Garrett Wilson. But oh Choe, I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't go into a game saying in order for us to win, I got to count on my defense to get turnovers.
Speaker 4: You don't don't have to think like that. Yeah, don't do like that. No, you don't.
Speaker 2: Haven't even come close to winning in games in which they don't create turnovers.
Speaker 4: We wasn't the same thing.
Speaker 1: But I'm I'm just saying, why why you gotta be so negative about my my jests?
Speaker 4: Man? Why you gotta be so negative?
Speaker 3: I've got to realistic picture.
Speaker 1: It's a realistic picture. But you don't know what's gonna happen from game to game. They can come out next week based on the confidence, you know what the officer coordinatorbody, sit back and look, you know what.
Speaker 4: Zach is feeling a little bit more confident. Maybe I can open up the playbook a little bit more.
Speaker 1: Maybe I could do more. Maybe I can do more and add a wrinkler to end.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: So, now that he has a little bit more confidence and he's letting the ball go.
Speaker 3: You do it.
Speaker 2: You do realize football games are like poker hands. Yeah, the last hand I had has nothing to do with the next hand I get. The last game you played got a damn thing to do with the next game that you play.
Speaker 4: So no show, don't it showed? Don't when you have a showing.
Speaker 1: When you have a showing like they showed it, like they showed tonight against the Super Bowl champs, it makes you feel a lot better going into next week.
Speaker 4: It makes you feel a whole lot better.
Speaker 2: Good they won against Buffalo than how they look against the Cowboys. Since since you there's carryover, you're telling me there's carryover, So how do they look against that?
Speaker 3: Monday night?
Speaker 2: He came up the bench reliever with six strong innings, won the game, and then the next week what happened when they started it?
Speaker 3: Okay, we're gonna move on. We'll get back to that. We'll get back.
Speaker 2: But the Bills Dominatedans defense. Right now, the best team the quarter Kansas City Bills, Dolphins, Ravens. Who's the best team in AFC?
Speaker 1: Well, obviously until somebody unseaes the Kansas City Chiefs they will continue to always keep that rain at the top, the top team in the AFC. Now right now, just because Buffalo was able to dominate, able to dominate the Dolphins, I still see more upside with the Dolphins as opposed to Buffalo, even though they.
Speaker 4: Won the game.
Speaker 1: Even though they won the game, remember when you play division opponents tendencies samilarity with what they do and what they like to do. So those games a little bit, a little little, a little bit easier from a defense defensive perspective on how to stop because you already know what they're gonna do. But before I got I know, I know, I know you're gonna say're gonna say for they if anything, I got him two A and two B.
Speaker 4: Can I do that? Can I do that? Please?
Speaker 1: And just for the sake, just just for the sake of the conversation and the topic I got. Let's let's go with the Bills first, the Bills two A and the and the Dolphin two B. And then I got the Ravens right after that. I got the Ravens right after that. And right now, I don't know what's wrong with my Bengals. I want to put my Bangals. I want to put my Bengals number four.
Speaker 3: So bad.
Speaker 2: But I'm talking about yet we got them coming. But let me tell you why. I like the Bills a little bit more than I like the Dolphins. And I like the Bills a little bit more than I like the Chiefs because you see the pressure that they're bringing.
Speaker 3: That's without Von Miller.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's gonna start practicing tomorrow, So within the next month or so, he's gonna be back on the field.
Speaker 3: Now, they did lose to Davius White to what.
Speaker 2: Looks like in Achilles, and so it looks like he's lost for Yes, looks like he's lost.
Speaker 3: For the season.
Speaker 2: But when you you pair Vaughn with Floyd and Russou and those guys Ed Oliver right, oh and Milano Matt Mlono, he's playing the second best linebacker behind Fred Warner. I think you talking about one A and one B. Right, that's a hard player.
Speaker 3: Jesson.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right here, he's all over the field.
Speaker 2: He's making plays, he's shooting gaps, getting in the backfield, he's diagnosing everything, and he's coming up with remedies for it immediately. So Miami, I mean they picked the Miami the Buffalo Josh Allen twenty one or twenty.
Speaker 3: Five for TDS perfect passer.
Speaker 2: Rating, and he had a rush touchdown. You can't play any better than that. You can't play any better. His only problem is turnover. Say, if he doesn't turn the ball over, they're almost impossible.
Speaker 1: To be almost impossibly. That's that's the thing. You actually picking the Bills, right. But then obviously he had Josh Allen had a great game today. But what Josh Allen you're gonna get? Are we gonna get the same consistent Josh Allen that plays this type of football week in and week out when you get to the postseason. Can we get the Josh Allen performance that we got today? Because if this is what we get from Josh Allen from this point on leading up to goddamn February, you might as well get a ass that god damn Lombardi right now, because ain't nobody beating the Josh Allen Buffalo Bills that you saw today, especially with what they can do defensively, and goddamn him, and goddamn I don't know what the hell Stefan Diggs eight for goddamn breakfast to day. I bet it was McDonald's. I bet it was McDonald's I bet Dolphins defenders. That's what he That's what he for breakfast, had dinner. Because they had no answer. He was able to get the ball to gave Davis. They ran the ball fairly well. And then you always have.
Speaker 2: To worry about him and his legs and his ability to make plays outside of the pocket. That's what makes him Because to go back to the previous game, think about it. What was it at the end of the game that got Kansas City just win? It was Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 4: Later home thirty thirty goddamned in the highway. We'll be doing. What are we doing?
Speaker 2: But the Bills played extremely well today. They put together a complete game. Like you said, division games are really tough. Buffalo made this look really easy.
Speaker 3: O Joe.
Speaker 2: You look when you played Cleveland, you played Pittsburgh, and you played Ravens n fort nipping tuck ball games in twenty seven, four, twenty twenty three. There was no forty eight twenty type ball games. Because, as you said, there is such familiarity. We've been in this division for a number of years. We know the personnel, we know what you like to do. Buffalo made this look extremely easy.
Speaker 3: Today.
Speaker 4: They made it look easy.
Speaker 1: But this is this is the thing, and I always say about the NFL for the casual fans that watch the game week to week, ain't no telling what's gonna happen. Ain't no telling what's gonna happen. We just saw Miami put up a seventy ball last week. So I guess in everybody's mind going into the Buffalo game, you're thinking they gonna run away with the game.
Speaker 4: But this is what happens. This is what happens week to week in the NFL. It's a toss up. It's always a gamble.
Speaker 1: That's one of the reasons why I don't play fantasy because you never know.
Speaker 2: You never know if you think about it. What got them in trouble is that anytime they brought pressure, they were relentless. On tour, they were not gonna let they were gonna make you make a decision right now. We're not gonna let you have time to find those speed merchants. We're not gonna let you find Waddle, We're not gonna let you find Tyreek, We're not going to let you find Burials. All those guys that can get down the field. And they were relentless and with their pressure. And if you notice, they were okay, Buffalo got it, scored, Miami scored, Buffalo scored.
Speaker 3: Miami's Chami, Buffalo scored. And then what happened.
Speaker 2: They started turning the ball over and then Buffalo scored again, and then Miami gets sacked, and then Buffalo scored again. And so even though they weren't touchdowns, they got points out of those drives in which Miami turned the ball over. And so if you you Miami, you gotta take care of the football. But you gotta find a way to protect tour. Sometimes that's goat personnel with the empty backfield, say scat that means five lineing and all the eligible receivers are out on routes. Yeah, you got to protect that quarterback. You got to protect to U and.
Speaker 1: One of the few ways that you can protect him because obviously some of the route they were doing there was really nothing short. There was either an intermediate or it was it was long man. Get the quick game going, Get the quick game going the site the stife for the pressure that they are putting. Get the ball out of his hands really quick, really quick, really quick. Get that get that front five that front four, get them tired, and then you can go down the field a little bit after after you mix up the run a little bit.
Speaker 2: They tried to get a couple of screens early, but the edge rushers did a great job of getting their hands up and deflecting the balls because they have seemed like they had they had something going. Let's get to the your Bengals one in three oh and two in the division. They have yet to just they have yet to score a first half touchdown through four games.
Speaker 1: Are you concerned? Is it time to panic yet? I don't think it's time to panic yet. I don't think it's time to panic yet. We are one to three.
Speaker 4: It's a seventeen game season.
Speaker 1: One thing my mama always told me and anything in life, when it comes to wanting to have success on the back end, it ain't a sprint, baby, It's always a marathon.
Speaker 4: It's not a sprint. It's always a marathon.
Speaker 1: And the marathon goes in three phases, and right now we're in phase number one, and it's not too late for us, but.
Speaker 4: We need to do but we do.
Speaker 1: What we do need to do is get back to the drawing board offensively and figure out how all these teams have seemed to have figured us out to where the things that we've been extremely efficient on is not working as opposed to the way it worked the past two years.
Speaker 4: Well, I said, like.
Speaker 2: What, I don't know. I hadn't run a whole lot of marathons in my life. As a matter of fact, I run any But I can tell you this. You can run a marathon, but you let those canyons run four and a half minute five minute miles, and you run twelve minute miles, and you see.
Speaker 3: If you catch them.
Speaker 1: Listen, this is the thing about it. It's like running the eight hundred or the fifteen hundred meters. Sometimes you don't need to get in the front of they listen.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 1: Sometimes if you don't need to be at the front of the pack, you just need to be right there in the middle or right down on somebody hip because at the right time, you got to know when to kick.
Speaker 4: That's all. That's all. That's all we're looking for you right now.
Speaker 1: That's that's that's the position that we are in right now as a team.
Speaker 2: Look at your offensive line and look at Joe Burrow, and you tell me, in all honesty, you feel comfortable with where you are right now?
Speaker 4: Can I tell you something?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: You know, you know what we've been talking about and fussing about in general through the media because I'm on the other side now. We didn't talk about that offensive line the past two years, you know, you know, do you know what we were Last year? We were in the FC Championship with that same office line, let me finish, let me finish nine. The year before that, you know where we were at with that same office line. We talked about we were in the super Bowl, That's what we were.
Speaker 4: Just FOYI.
Speaker 1: I'm just letting you know that same offensive line. Office line is a problem for many and many of teams.
Speaker 4: So what do we do? What do you do?
Speaker 1: You find ways to those who might be the week that on your office ave line.
Speaker 4: You find ways to manipulate and hide it. There are ways you can do it. Listen.
Speaker 1: I'm not an officer line coach, I'm not an officer coordinator, but I do know there are ways that you can hide the weaknesses on your line where you're struggling.
Speaker 2: O Joe, Yes, sir, you and I have talked at nauseam about how one year has no impact on the next So you climb the mountain and you get to the Super Bowl. Just because you almost got to the top, that doesn't mean when you start at the bottom of the next year, you get back to where you got to the previous year. So just because you guys started zero to two and you ended up in the a AFC Championship Game and you ended up in the Super Bowl, what.
Speaker 3: Does that go to?
Speaker 2: Do you look at the way your quarterback is playing, You look at your offense. Have yet to score a touchdown in the first half? Did they do that in the previous two years?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Or no?
Speaker 1: No, they was on fire or they were on fire offensively right out the motherfucking gate.
Speaker 3: Orlando Brown was trending again.
Speaker 2: So tell me why an offensive line would be trending again for the second times in four weeks.
Speaker 3: Tell me why Ojoe wait, he.
Speaker 1: Was trending because I well, I don't know what happened. No, not this listen all bushes Swift was in Nashville. I was in Tennessee. You know I was at the game.
Speaker 2: Yes, So why was he trending? If you were at the game, so you saw what a lot of people didn't see.
Speaker 4: No, No, I missed it because I left in the third court.
Speaker 1: I had to get back home. So now you're telling me something I didn't know.
Speaker 2: Hey, let's see Joe Burrow versus the Brown Weeks one, two sacks, ten quarterback hits against the Ravens, Week two, one sack, five quarterback hits against the Rams, Week three, two sacks, six quarterback hits versus the Titans, Week four, three sacks, nine quarterback hits. So, in other words, the man who's been hit thirty times and he's been sacked eight.
Speaker 3: Times, and you say, well, you know what eight We've been here before.
Speaker 1: Dude, dude, we Tennessee Tennessee Titans, Tennessee Titans defense.
Speaker 4: Where's it? Where's our identity? Where's the strength of their their defense?
Speaker 3: The what.
Speaker 4: That front?
Speaker 3: Telling hello?
Speaker 4: That ain't that front? We didn't just play?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, bunch of I don't want to be disrespectful.
Speaker 4: This is NFL.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey Simmons and then them you them young fellows and they what I'm just being honest.
Speaker 2: That's your offense. You keep telling me what did they do? What do they do? What do your offense do? When are you gonna tell me something that they don't talk about Tennessee.
Speaker 3: We'll talk about Tennessee in a minute.
Speaker 2: We'll get to them, and Derrick Henry bludgeoned them throwing running the football. Let's talk about your offense, because you told me two years ago they were in the Super Bowl. Last year they went to the AFC Championship, and you told me just a minute ago that y'all started out on fire.
Speaker 3: Is that y'all had to get your feet with on the defensive side.
Speaker 4: Now again, we've had the same offense. The struggle.
Speaker 1: This this is a tugging war. It's the same thing as it's it's it's a it's a give and take. We've had the same conversation at the beginning of every season about the offense, the line wolves. We know, there's really nothing I can say about the offensive line woes except that they got to get back to the drawing board and figure out a way to mask and hide those that might have a weakness.
Speaker 4: Offensively. There's nothing I can say, and I just said offensively.
Speaker 1: What we've always done is we've always risen to the top on the back end when it mattered most. The fact that we're in a hole right now, we're one to three. Yes, we are one and three. There's only one way to fix it. There's only one way to fix it.
Speaker 2: But normally a defense and an offense can only hide one player as long as it's not your quarterback.
Speaker 3: We can hide a week offensive line.
Speaker 4: You can't hide your quarterback, especially not in this day and age. You can't.
Speaker 2: You can't hid You can't hide five offensive lineman either. But in the previous two years, let me ask you a question. In the previous two years, with Joe Burrow dealing with a calf injury and seemingly I saw him on the sideline doing something with his arm.
Speaker 4: So he's a waterball, got hit, got hit.
Speaker 2: So he was dealing with that in the previous two seasons, the calf and the elbow.
Speaker 3: He was dealing with that. Yes or no?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: So you feel so?
Speaker 4: So this year I still feel good. Do you understand? Let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: Do you understand Joe Burrow is a pocket passing quarterback right that has the ability to run and escape as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well they went when they went on that Super Bowl run. What was it that Joe Burrow did? Got key third downs with what ojo legs? Yeah, now he can no longer do that. He also can't get outside the pocket and fry Jamar Chase.
Speaker 3: T Higgins has fractured ribs. So now again, do you.
Speaker 2: Still feel as comfortable talking about the Bengals moving forward because of what they did the previous two years? Considering your quarterback has a calf, an elbow. T Higgins has fractured ribs.
Speaker 1: T t at t be fine. Fraction of ribs you can play with man Tea. Put on the flat jacket what you call it, yeah, flap jacket. Yes, we put it on a flapjack. He'll be fine.
Speaker 4: And I think and.
Speaker 1: Joe said it obviously in the interview on how losing t Higgins has hurt them, because it hurt them tremendously because some of the things that they're able to do offensively when he's in the lineup, Even though they have some quality backups, it's still not the same with t not being in there. At eighty percent Joe Burrow listen to me, listen to me real quick, and eighty percent Joe Burrow that is hobbled but still has the arm in the in the mental capacity in IQ he has as a quarterback to get the job done. Is still better than other teams. Quarterback got one hundred percent if you don't mind why, which is why, which is why I feel the way I do about the Bengals. Why I don't have to say over one in three it's time to panic. That's why I feel that way.
Speaker 2: How many in your career, how many receivers have you known we're flapjackets just because they wanted to?
Speaker 3: Well, why don't receivers wear flapjackets.
Speaker 4: It's uncomfortable because you can't put your damn arm down for one.
Speaker 2: Wow, So it's just gonna be that either for t Higgins to put one on and go play wide receiver.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm just I'm just saying. I mean, you're not gonna have a choice.
Speaker 3: You go.
Speaker 4: You got to protect your ribs.
Speaker 1: Now, you got to protect your ribs. Listen, listen the flattackers they have to day with the way all the high end technology stuff. It wouldn't be the big fat ones with your r's be sitting on sitting on your side like that.
Speaker 4: You know they got they got some stuff you can wear that can feel comfortable.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you still but you still got to catch the ball. The ball. You got to get used to that ball catching.
Speaker 2: Cut kareem in off your body, because it's not like you can catch everything.
Speaker 4: Higgins catch with his hands. Don't do that.
Speaker 3: We catch the game called every ball with their hands. I did that.
Speaker 4: I never used my Bodame did I did?
Speaker 3: I pulled some tape. But I ain't gonna do that. I believe this slack. Okay, but.
Speaker 4: Hold on.
Speaker 2: Through four games this year, Joe Burrow has two touchdowns through four games. Last year, he had eight touchdowns. In twenty twenty one, through four games, he had nine touchdowns. So again I'm gonna ask you again.
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, can I tell you something?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I just told you it's not how you start, right.
Speaker 1: I just gave you the analogy about the marathon and the sprint, right, it ain't how you start. Just because he had your name and numbers from year to year, didn't you say you gotta down?
Speaker 3: Didn't you?
Speaker 4: But listen to me. Didn't you just tell me about climbing the mound, climbing the mountain.
Speaker 1: And yeah, when the next year come, you got to start all the way back on. Yes, Well, just because it didn't start the way it did the previous two years doesn't mean we're not gonna get what we want to get to.
Speaker 3: What you're saying, you told me to read.
Speaker 2: Even though we started bad, look at how we started last year.
Speaker 3: Look at how we started.
Speaker 1: Yet where the promise comes in at where there's nothing to worry about because you know where it's gonna get to.
Speaker 4: It just didn't start off the way it did the two previous years. We still got the same we still got the same regime, we still got the same personnel. That's how you know it's gonna be all right.
Speaker 2: But your quarterback is not as healthy. Everything predicated on idness. Listen, you're not listening to me.
Speaker 1: Joe Burrow at one hundred percent is the second best quarterback in the league behind Patrick Mahomes. Joe, But Joe Burrow at eighty percent is the third best quarterback in the league.
Speaker 3: No, not even close, not even close to being eighty percent.
Speaker 4: Man, stop playing with Joe Shiste.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing, oh your what you're over, what you're failing to mention, is that Joe Burrows at one hundred percent can rise that sinking ship, which is your poor offensive line. But see now, Joe Burrow at eighty percent, they bring him down they drown him.
Speaker 3: They drowned the rest of this team.
Speaker 2: It's not like you got it's not like you have the two thousand Ravens defense.
Speaker 3: That's not what you have.
Speaker 2: So now you needed you need, Joe, to be almost one hundred percent because of the inequities that you have at the glaring, what you have at the offensive line, your secondary, who your secondary. You can't keep losing the bond bells and the guys that they lost, those were those are big subtractions that you got.
Speaker 4: O Joe, Listen, we're gonna be alright again.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, I'm gonna check back.
Speaker 4: We're gonna be alright. It's early, matter of fact.
Speaker 1: Check back, check check back in with me when we get about week six and seven, and when I when I'm able to hit you with that what I told you or what I told you about that marathon, what I told you about when you win that fifteen hundred.
Speaker 4: You don't need to you don't need to leave the lap the first three four laps.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope you would stay stay right in the state, stay righting somebody hip pocket, you know, till it's time to kick.
Speaker 4: And when you kick, make sure you kick at the right.
Speaker 3: Time, O Joe.
Speaker 2: You know sometimes people just run a marathon just to say they ran one. I hope come week eight, y'all ain't just playing the remaining games just to say y'all finish the season.
Speaker 4: Okay, like that.
Speaker 2: The Kenyons, they're running to win the race. Sue Ellen down the street. She ended the marathon to say she chucking off a bucket lit. Okay, I don't want the Bengals to check off the last seven of eight games off the bucket list because they just had to finish out the season.
Speaker 1: You a non believer, and one thing, one thing we love to do. We love to make believers out of non believers. You keep that saying, You keep that same energy. Man, come when it started getting cold?
Speaker 2: All right, Cowboys blow the doors off the Patriots. The thirty five point loss was the worst in Bill Belichick's career, the fifty five points the Patriots have scored this season, or the Fuesdays scored in the first four game since he became head coach in two thousand, Belichick's first year. When you look at we can talk, we can address the Cowboys, because again, what do they get scoop and score a pick? Six that one touchdowns. Now they are what one red zone touchdown in their last eight trips.
Speaker 1: It's difficult to score in that red zone, man, I said, I said, I said it before and I'll say it again. It's very difficult. The closer you get to the end zone or the closer you get to into the into the opponent's territory and you haven't scored from you know, fifty sixty, you know fifty, you know from the forty, it's very difficult to score. It's very difficult to score. But the fact that the defense is playing so well, playing so well yet again and bails out the offense, that is a good thing because the tides are gonna turn at some point where the defense isn't gonna play so well, where the offense takes over and it becomes that week kind.
Speaker 3: Of like last week.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't know, I don't know what bingo hold on.
Speaker 2: You told me when the defense was though play well, that was gonna be the offense opportunity to bail them out.
Speaker 3: So I just went back to last week.
Speaker 1: Like last week, I mean, listen, what happened, what happened with what happened with the Dolphins, with the Dolphins and the Broncos last week. Whoa And then then you come then you come to and you come into a game against today against the Bills, and everything changes week to week. Different things change depending on who you plan. When you think about it, you thought Dallas is going there and gonna kill Arizona. That's just that's just that's the nature of the Beasts in the NFL.
Speaker 4: Week the week, you just don't know.
Speaker 2: We're gonna find out a lot about We'll know a lot about a lot more about the Cowboys over the next four games. They're on the road Sunday Night Football against the forty nine Ers.
Speaker 3: They get the.
Speaker 2: Chargers, they get the Rams, and then they get who do they play after that?
Speaker 3: Another team, the Eagles on the road.
Speaker 2: Three of the next four games on the road, So I think we'll have a better a better indication at the midway point exactly who the Cowboys are.
Speaker 1: So basically, out of the next three games, one of these games could basically be the NFC championship. Yeah, early NFC championship. Basically that's that's that's all it is. Yeah, that's all it is.
Speaker 2: Because I mean it's really top head. They basically you got the forty nine ers, you got the Eagles and you got the Cowboys. That's it, I mean, But then.
Speaker 4: Then what then what happens?
Speaker 1: You know, come playoff time, you get a game like surprisingly sometimes you never know, you get an Arizona come out of nowhere the way they played, the way they played the Cowboys last week, and something like that could happen come playoff time, where it's a team that comes out of nowhere and gets the opportunity and gets a shot and knocks off a team that.
Speaker 4: You would suspect would beat them anyway.
Speaker 2: These games mean so much more, not only for purposes because guess what, now we have a common opponent.
Speaker 3: We played you.
Speaker 2: When it comes to home field, you come now, you come back to the Bay or do we go to Dallas? You go to the Egles financial field or do you go to Dallas or do you go to the Bay.
Speaker 3: So these games.
Speaker 2: Are going to be very important because at the end of the day, if it's an NFC championship game, I want it in my building.
Speaker 4: You want to be home.
Speaker 3: It doesn't guarantee me anything, but I wanted it in my building.
Speaker 1: It doesn't I wanted I always thought about it as a player.
Speaker 4: Did you buy in the home field? El?
Speaker 1: And I when I play away at the way games, I can't even hit a crowd. When I play home, I can't even hit a crowd, even though they're right there on top of you. I mean just I'm just mentally, I'm in such a zone where I'm really not affected by any outside noise outside of what's going on in that moment on the field.
Speaker 2: I I was fortunate. I won one championship game at home. I won two on the road. The best part about winning on the road is like being able to celebrate on somebody else's field. And then the crowd is like leaving the stadium. Now you're at home and you lose. Those are your fans, and you.
Speaker 3: Empathize, like, damn, we let them down. Bro.
Speaker 2: We fought so hard to get home field so we could play this game in front of our fans, and we didn't get done and we let you lay an egg. But give the Cowboys credit. The Cowboys again, scoop and score a pick six. Uh.
Speaker 3: They played extremely well.
Speaker 2: They made the one dimensional and they were able to put pressure on Mac Jones all night long, so.
Speaker 3: That wasn't needed, even though he had good numbers.
Speaker 2: I think the thing that Mike McCarthy's gonna keep preaching guys, we've got to cast these possessions in kicking.
Speaker 3: Field goal gets you beat against good teams.
Speaker 2: Scoring touchdown when you championships, when you get into the red zone.
Speaker 1: And then when you're gonna you're gonna play teams that have a high, high our tank offense that's going to score points sometimes. And they scored him from far out because when you play the forty nine Ers, man ain't no telling what the hell they gonna do. When you play the Eagles, ain't no. You got to deal with Devontae Smith and A J.
Speaker 4: Brown.
Speaker 1: Then you got to swift come out the backfield, and they can score from anywhere. So you're gonna have to You're gonna have to take when you do get those turnovers, you got to turn them into points.
Speaker 4: And I'm not talking about three.
Speaker 2: Do you believe coach Belichick can pass Don Shuler? He's twenty nine to win away because see look, okay, coach ul has three hundred and twenty nine I mean three hundred and forty seven career victories.
Speaker 3: Correct, right, career victories.
Speaker 2: He has three hundred and twenty eight regular season victories. Coach Belichick has two ninety nine. So do you believe he can pass? Do you believe he can pass him?
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: I believe he could pass him. But he would have he would have to. You would have to go somewhere else. Yeah, no, no, no disrespect, he would have to. I think maybe the quarterback situation. I think maybe the quarterback situation. I don't know if if today is a good testament or test to mac Jones. I think Mac Jones is who he is. We've seen enough of Mac Jones to know that this, this is what we're gonna get. And you can't turn the ball. You can't turn the ball over. You can't turn the ball over because you don't have the offense to overcome turnovers.
Speaker 4: You don't have can't.
Speaker 2: Score on your possessions. The oppoland team can't score on your possession. It's hard enough to defend them when they have the ball. Now you're giving them points on your possessions. It's almost impossible to overcome back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean they don't.
Speaker 3: They don't.
Speaker 1: They don't have the firepower. Obviously, Thomas not there, Thomas not walking, and he ain't coming back. Yeah, yeah, he ain't coming back, and the offense is just different. It's just different, you know, as opposed to when when times a little bit simpler, when number twelve was at the helm.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, sometimes you don't realize how good you have something until it's gone, and you know, you start everybody start to believe, and whether it's a relationship, and you know, you're like, I find somebody else they're more me, that there are more you than they are met.
Speaker 3: And then you realize, well, damn, she did do an awful lot.
Speaker 2: She kept me organized, she kept me on point, She kept this in the order, cat got the kids ready.
Speaker 3: I didn't have to worry about all that.
Speaker 2: Then all of a sudden, sometimes I think Coach Belichick ball like, you know what, man, that's all me, Bro, I got this. I'm doing all the shopping. You know, I'm hiring all the help. And nah, bro, don't I don't think. I don't think he thought that. There's no way he thought that. And understanding and how special did you reset Wickersham feast about he wanted to get rid of Brady back in twenty seventeen for Jimmy.
Speaker 1: T You think, oh, yeah, well, guess did you did, you did you? I know who went upstairs and told him to get Jimmy g out of here? Because I don't want that over my shoulder.
Speaker 2: But if the man would so, why would he have to do that if he wasn't trying to get rid of it?
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean, I mean, yeah, right, you're right.
Speaker 1: I didn't think about it. But sometimes you know, that's like you have a girlfriend, you have a girlfriend. I'm just I'm just using this analogy so people can get a better understanding where I'm going to.
Speaker 3: Yes, people understand relationships.
Speaker 1: You got a girlfriend and you see something that's that is beautiful, they say, you're dating the seven. You see a ten, and you think that ten is so much better than what you already have at home.
Speaker 4: Right, you leave your girl.
Speaker 1: And you're gonna try and go date and date this ten and it comes out to be nothing like what you had before, and you end up regretting it and you end up being miserable.
Speaker 4: Right, And that's basically the situation.
Speaker 2: Give me the steady seven, that static seven. That's gonna be, like my grandma used to say, like an old shoot, that's gonna be there.
Speaker 3: They're gonna be tried in.
Speaker 1: Truth every time, every time, and there's a reason. There's a reason in the Bible the number of completion is number seven. I'm taking seven with you all day when you shoot craps and you want to hit seven dolls, seven dos, baby, talk to me, now, stay with me.
Speaker 2: The Bears blow the largest lead I think, if I'm not mistaken in the history, Justin Fields was having the day of days. He was having the game of his career beautiful until the final three drives he goes lost, fumble to tie the game, turnover on downs on the fourth That that was. That was coaching, because you kick the field goal and you then you go up three, and now you force them to either kick the field goal to tie you or get the touchdown to beat you, and then the game and the interception. Here's something that's very interesting. Oo, the Bears might be tanking for Caleb Williams because not only if they tank they get the number one pick, but they got Carolina's pick also, which could be the number two pick, So you could possibly get Caleb Williams and Marvin Harrison junr.
Speaker 4: You think what they where they do that? Will they do that?
Speaker 1: Would they would they really sabotage the play calling offensively and defensively. Defensively, weeke in and week out to get Caleb Williams and Marvin Harrison Jr.
Speaker 3: We see them doingall.
Speaker 4: Listen that that takes us.
Speaker 1: That takes us back to the situation and analogy that we just explained and having something at your disposals, having something that your ham that you don't even know what to do it, but you're trying to say, you know, forget this, I'm gonna try to go.
Speaker 4: Get these new proof, these these new.
Speaker 1: Shiny toys that are that are doing extremely well at the collegiate level.
Speaker 4: Saving again, saving again. We just talked about that.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I personally, oh Joe, I do not believe the Bears would pass on two quarterbacks because they had the highest grade Bryce Young and Caleb Williams. I don't believe they'll pass on both of those quarterbacks. Do you honestly do you believe they would pass on both of those quarterbacks?
Speaker 4: I don't think so. I don't think so.
Speaker 1: But again, if you didn't know what to do with the one you got now, if you don't know what to do with the one you got now, what makes you believe you're gonna know what to do with the one you get from you as.
Speaker 2: Well another regime, because here's the thing now, are if I believe another regime would come in, if you stick with Justin Fields, that's three regimes.
Speaker 3: That'll be his third regime. Regime.
Speaker 2: Now, you said it was Matt Naggett and his play calling. You said it's ever Flew and that play calling. Whoever the OC is. So at some point in time we got to look as great if Justin Fields played in the first three the first up until those final three drives, it was awful the last three drives.
Speaker 1: Right, So I mean you you basing so you're not even taking what he did throughout the game where he was playing phenomenal football, great football at that based on you know what he has showed us so far at the beginning of the season and the growth where it could a one game all you needed is a little confidence and boom you had the kind of game he had outside of those those last three drives.
Speaker 4: So you basing his performance on those last three drives.
Speaker 3: Only ask your question. You go to you've been to Vegas. You have a game with in Vegas.
Speaker 4: Boy, I'm cheap. Now you know I ain't spending no money.
Speaker 2: But let's just say, for the sake of argument, you go to you go to Vegas. Argument Okay, Okay, you playing poker, You up twenty million, you got twenty million? How much you up twenty million? And then at the end of the night you lost it all. Are they gonna talk about that you was up twenty million? Or they gonna talk about the fact that you lost.
Speaker 4: Oh They're gonna talk about the fact that I lost.
Speaker 3: Oh So, so what are we talking about right now with Justin Field?
Speaker 4: Okay, I got you.
Speaker 1: Okay, when you put it, when you put it like that, I gotta put it. Listen, when you put it to me like that. Goddamn goddamn, Because quarterback, what do we measure?
Speaker 3: Tom Brady? Tom Brady and Peyton Manning, the greats.
Speaker 2: A lot of these guys they got They played bad the whole game, but when they needed to put something together, the.
Speaker 4: Last always come through every time.
Speaker 2: And Justin Towns was having the day of his life throwing the football. We know his legs are his legs are magical. But in today's game, you're not gonna win your way. You're not going to run your way to a championship with your quarterback legs.
Speaker 3: You're not.
Speaker 2: It's just not because they've set the game up, Ojo, for you to be able to throw all this incidental contact, all this holding all his hands to the face, all this what the fizers receiver, and you could only hit the quarterback in this area. Let that sink in, Ojo. You can only hit the quarterback in the in the width of his numbers. So this is twelve, or this is fourteen or whatever your quarterback number.
Speaker 3: This that's the only target you.
Speaker 1: Can hit, right, I mean that It is crazy when you think about it in hindsight. Another thing I would I would go back to is the NFL actually protecting themselves long term for anybody to try to come back.
Speaker 4: That's a whole other topic.
Speaker 1: But again, they've handicapped the defense to a point to whether it's a past happy league. And it's almost unfair. It's almost unfair, you know, for those that play defense, to the point where those that are getting paid defensively quarterbacks they deserve every dime, they deserve every dime they get because they can't do nothing nothing.
Speaker 4: They can't do nothing.
Speaker 2: Nothing because they can potentially if we go back and look, the Jets had gotten off the field, had gotten an interception from Patrick Mahomes and they got a five yard hold. It was thirty sixteen. They get a five yard pillar day on Sauce first down. That wasn't Man's.
Speaker 1: Robert Sala had every right to be going off on the sideline on that coach because that that could have changed the momentum, the shift of that game for them, and they ruined it.
Speaker 2: We talked about this guy last week, Chase Claypool, Chase.
Speaker 4: Chase.
Speaker 2: He wasn't at the game the team told. The team spokesman said he was told to stay away.
Speaker 3: He would.
Speaker 2: The Steelers traded him for the thirty second pick in the draft. They're hoping they can get a fifth or sixth round pick. I told you last week, imagine if TJ or one of your tea, one of your receiver teammates had said, oh, your nose, that's not that performance, That type of effort is not acceptable.
Speaker 1: That that had nothing to do with why they told him to stay at home. I think they told him to stay at home because of the comments that he made when a reporter asked him all the Chicago Bears using you right offensively, and his answer was no and basic based off his answer in b and honest and truthful on them not using him the right way, because as you can see, the Bears aren't playing good football offensively. They're not using any of their officers stars the right way, including DJ Moore or Darnay Mooney.
Speaker 3: Lemon can ask your question with Pittsburgh used him correctly.
Speaker 1: They traded it not not not to his soul potential. They traded him because of what they had in the receiver room.
Speaker 4: Are ready?
Speaker 2: Well you hold on, wait a minute. If he's what you said, he is, cree rise to the top regardless of what's in that room.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: If he is what you If he's what you said he is, why does it matter that Deontay Johnson or George Pickens or whomever else is in that room.
Speaker 3: Why does it matter if Chase Claypool is what you said?
Speaker 1: Listen that that's a that's an issue and a problem with personnel and the stealers organization and not wanting him around. But I have an understanding of watching him watching huh.
Speaker 4: But it's the NFL. Everybody good. It's the NFL everybody good.
Speaker 1: That's what that that's why they feel, or we can get rid of him and get the production from somewhere else and somebody else. That's just that's the nature of the business. That's the nature of the beast, and that is the way they think. And you know what, sometimes you don't get that. Sometimes you don't replace what you think might be better. The grass ain't always green on the others, Joe.
Speaker 2: You normally get one chance to go somewhere and then say, you know what, they didn't use improperly.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like the James Harden situation.
Speaker 2: You can't force your way out of Houston, force your way out of Brooklyn, try to force your way out of Philly, and think people gonna empathize with you.
Speaker 1: You can't keep saying when you when you're putting up twenty one, thirteen and in eight, yes you can.
Speaker 3: No, yes you.
Speaker 2: Can, because you see what's happening right now, don't you. Well, tauk to everybody gonna say how long before he's unhappy?
Speaker 3: Here?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: Anybody would take James hard Man, don't do that.
Speaker 3: Maybe me talk about what we talk about.
Speaker 1: One of the most prolific scores of all time. I am now coming off the driver. What man, don't don't do that. Don't don't do that. Come on now, And I know you're not trying to compare James Harden Chase Claypool. I'm no, completely different spectrums.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you how about this here, Antonio Brown.
Speaker 4: Yes, the Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: Steelers got tired of him, The Oakland Raiders got tired of him, The New England Patriots got tired of him. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers got tired of it. Don't tell me you can't wear at your welcome because you can, o Jo, And I don't care how great you are, right, okay with that? A man of comparison, how about how about ab A guy came off one hundred catch season thirteen fourteen hundred yards and what did the Steelers do?
Speaker 4: Moved on? Has it been so far since it's been gone? Man? Wait, wait, wait him?
Speaker 1: How has it been from my offices standpoint of receiver production since he's been gone?
Speaker 4: I'm just asking, I'm just asking you.
Speaker 2: Just you love You just told me you love George Pickens that I do.
Speaker 1: I do love him to death? You mean I have, But you still didn't answer the question. What has the production been the same since he's been gone. No, and just answer the question that's automatic. Have we gotten the same type of production av producer?
Speaker 4: Why why?
Speaker 1: So wait let me finish. Now stay with me, now, stay with me. So we haven't gotten the same type of production. J Claypool is going from the Steelers right because they were they're not They're not using they say they weren't using him, right.
Speaker 3: Right, that's what he said. I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: You got George Picking, got Deontay Johnson? Are they using are they using them? Fellas? Are using fellas?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: They're using them correctly. I just don't know that. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, if they were used, If they were, if they were using them correctly, they will still be able to put up somewhat of the numbers that Aby was no or on my trip.
Speaker 3: Hold on, are you comparing those guys the A B.
Speaker 2: Was A can make a case that he's he's an all decade receiver.
Speaker 4: Yeah, No, I'm just I'm just saying he can make a case he's an.
Speaker 3: You made the key.
Speaker 1: You just compared one of the best prolific NBA scoring the Chase Clo.
Speaker 2: What what I'm saying you only get grace in moving a handful of times. You can't keep moving and saying they're not using me correctly. At some point in time, you can't keep saying this organization is bad. Okay, you said Houston was bad. You went to Brooklyn, that organization was bad. Now you in Philly, Pheling is bad. You want to go somewhere else. You hold on, I forgot, hold on, I forgot about Okay, s so okay C Houston, Brooklyn, Philly. How many times do we get to change and the only common de nominator, the organization is still going. What's the common denominator the individual? So I'm just saying with Chase Claypool, I don't, oh yo, think about it.
Speaker 3: He went to He's a big kid. He's like six five two.
Speaker 4: Three really well, just like Brandon Marshall.
Speaker 3: If if you look at.
Speaker 2: His numbers, his Notre Dame numbers. Didn't didn't like man, because a lot of people thought the kid was gonna have to back up and move the tight end right something that something is going on with him internally, and I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: But these teams, oh Jo, you know, these teams will move.
Speaker 2: On, man, they'll eat thirty fifty million dollars like it's nothing.
Speaker 4: Quick, because they gonna make it up anyway, make it up. They're gonna make it up anyway.
Speaker 2: They they're not gonna have you dragging your feet on there. But he just got to make it up in his mind. Bro, you want to play football or not?
Speaker 3: Right? I don't know. I don't know what.
Speaker 4: I think we got something.
Speaker 1: He needs the right situation. I think needs to be in the right I don't know what the right situation is. I think he needs to feel welcome. He needs to feel welcome where he is. And that's that's all. It takes some time, Shannon. That's all it takes some time is for a player to be in a situation where he feels welcome where you team, where they where they where they where they want to use him, where they want to make him a part of an intricate part of the offense.
Speaker 4: That's all, you know what, That's all we want.
Speaker 3: You know why? I feel most welcome? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Bank, how you doing, mister Sharp? How are you today? I feel so welcome when I walk up in that thing on Joe. I don't know about you, but that's why I feel both welcome back. When they say with mister sharp, what can we do you today?
Speaker 3: What can we do for you today? Ain't that way you feel welcome?
Speaker 1: Sometimes it ain't even about the money. Sometimes they want to play for the love of the game. Man, I think I think it's frustrations. I think Chase Clay Chase Claypool frustrations about the love of the game, not the check. But it was about the check. He wouldn't be complaining about them not using them the right way. So I'm staying standing with my receivers. They're not using the right way and then not finished because they ain't using none of the motherfuckers they got over there.
Speaker 4: I cursed my bad.
Speaker 1: They're not using none of the receivers they got and not using DJ More right, and man, you.
Speaker 3: Know what, Djmore have a nice game today? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh today we we in week two hundred.
Speaker 1: He should have been having he should he should be having a nice game every week. Because if you want to win, if you want to take that donuts so you're not over, you got to get the ball.
Speaker 4: You got to get your special players, you got to get him involved in the offense and make it. I love everybody, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I love how it is week two hundred for everybody else except the Bengals. It's only week four for the Bengals, but it's.
Speaker 3: Week two thousand for everybody.
Speaker 1: Well, listen where the Bears haven't been in contention a very long time. We coming off goddamn two AFC championships, So it's different for us. We got a little leeway, We got time that, we got time to get it together. Got the last time when the last time the Bear has been to the playoffs. I'm just asking, yeah, exactly, exactly.
Speaker 3: Seventeen yea seven, something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Ce Matt Christian McCaffrey another outstanding day, one hundred and six rushing yards, seventy one receiving yards, four total touchdowns.
Speaker 3: He's the third player.
Speaker 2: In NFL history to have six hundred scrimming yards and seven scrimmage touchdowns in his first four games. He joins Emmitt Smith and Jim Brown, who did so twice. Is it time to start putting him in the MVP conversation or should he have already been there?
Speaker 1: He should have already been there. He should already been there because he was the way he was. He was a workhorse when he was in Carolina. Yeah, he comes to San Francisco and asks of the office that dynamic that they already had going on.
Speaker 4: And now he's the work course here and he's doing things.
Speaker 1: Just broke Jerry Rice's record for most excutive touchdowns in the game today.
Speaker 4: We had three, he had four, three or four Avenue yeah, four? Like what are we doing? He's coming out of the.
Speaker 1: Backfield, he's running off tackle, he's catching sweets. He lined up at receiver, he's lined up in the slot. He doing something everything. And then we talk about who's the best running back in the game. And this is what I do. When I think about the best at a position. I think about all thirty two teams. Now, I think about players that you can you can take. Let's say you're not you take Christian McCaffrey off off the fortninees offense. How many running backs in the NFL can go into the offense and do the same thing he's doing right now?
Speaker 4: Probably him, thank you.
Speaker 1: And when I thought about it, and I broke it down and thought about it based on what he's able to do. As far as being a Swiss army knife, the only thing I can come up the only person that can come up name I can come up with was album Kamara similar, you know, sty wise, you know, you know, different, different than their own right, but similar.
Speaker 4: But Christian McCaffrey is the best running back in the game right now. He just is. It is.
Speaker 1: He can do so many different things. He can do so many different things and do them well. And that's the kind of player when it's time to get paid. Let's say, if he had already got paid, that's the kind of player that wouldn't have a problem getting his money as a running back because he does every goddamn thing.
Speaker 2: If I'm not mistaken, I don't think they've lost the regular season game since he's been there. I think there were a five hundred ball club when they traded for him, and I don't think they've lost the regular season game.
Speaker 3: But he's been outstanding.
Speaker 2: And if he were to win the MVP, he'd be the first running back to win the award since Adrian Peterson won it in twenty twelve.
Speaker 4: Where Adrian Peterson was special man. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, Oh have mercy.
Speaker 3: He all got edes.
Speaker 2: Record twenty ninety seven rush yards that year. He's single handedly because Christan Ponder was his quarterback and guy was in the league. But Adrian Peterson single handedly put that team on his back and ran them into the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Yep, unbelievable.
Speaker 2: So you believe Christian mccaffe should be in the MVP discussion, Yeah.
Speaker 4: He should be in. He should be in the MVP discussion.
Speaker 1: But as you know, when it comes to MVP being the most Valuable Player, it will always go to a quarterback. It will always go to a quarterback unless you are just.
Speaker 4: Imacedly special what do.
Speaker 1: What he's doing is great, what he's doing is great, But at some point you know your Patrick Mahome is gonna come through and just us. And you know, even though they Josh shipped up, Josh has a chance to win it. He just got to be consistent. If he if he do what he did today and continue to do it.
Speaker 4: Man she.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you've been following, but the Rams have a guy.
Speaker 4: Goddamn hooker hooker.
Speaker 2: If duke in on these folks in the NFL, he has more yards than all four first round receivers combine. He has thirty nine catches, which is first in the NFL, five hundred and one receiving yards, which is first in the NFL, and he just scored his first touchdown. So his five hundred and one yards beat an Kwan Rucker four sixty three through for his first four games, his thirty nine catches breaks and kwan'svoting thirty catches also, and he's doing it.
Speaker 3: He was the twentieth receiver drafted. Yeah. No, I'm not saying the twentieth player.
Speaker 2: I'm saying he's the twentieth receiver that was taken. And he's doing it all for a grand toll of eight hundred and eleven thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: And can I tell you something real quick?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this is this is this is the testament of what I've always been saying about using the players at your disposal. That's exactly what McVeigh is doing. You have a guy that's a rookie coming out of college that is breaking all kinds of records, and in your scheme, you have the perfect scheme for him where you're getting the most value out of him. He's doing, he's doing, he's doing doing unbelievable things. But look what happens, Look what happens. You see how easy it is. This is funny that the Rams have figured it out. But you know what, it's funny that the Rams to figured out. You put your players in position to make plays, and what do they do? Every team should be able to take whatever philosophy they're doing over there with the.
Speaker 4: Rams, because Cooper Cup did it when he had the triple crown. Then other year.
Speaker 1: Now you get someone who was the twentieth picked receiver out of all the receivers when none of them are playing the way he is.
Speaker 4: But why is that? Because why is that? Oh, you got a factor this?
Speaker 2: Then also he's getting the ref that Cooper Cup would have gotten. Do you think he could have putting up these numbers with Cup in the lineup because all those targets would have been going the Cup.
Speaker 1: So now that's letting you know though, that's letting you know that it's plug in, plug out, plug in and plug out. Antonio Brown is going, okay, be plugging in George Pickings's Deontey Johnson. The product, the production should still be the same if you know how to use the players the right thing.
Speaker 3: No, I don't believe.
Speaker 2: I don't believe if you had another quarterback you would get this kind of production because Antonio Brown production a lot of it with dedicated on who big Ben.
Speaker 3: Big Ben is going to the Hall of Fame. Now, he wouldn't put Aby.
Speaker 2: Was not gonna be getting one hundred and twenty five catchup with no with no Picket, with no Kenny Pickett. He ain't gonna be having those fifteen to stop it shoping.
Speaker 1: Man a man a b man Aby could the mother Teresa could be at quarterback and Aby can go fourteen hundred.
Speaker 4: Don't do that.
Speaker 1: This ain't this ain't just just your average receiver. Now, We're not gonna do that.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: But look, the thing is is that the great It makes it easier.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I see what I'm saying. It makes it easier.
Speaker 1: But then you when you when you're when you're a special talent, when it's not easy, you can still make it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it goes way up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Look look at I mean Jerry, Jerry goes from Joe Montanna to Steve Young two first ballot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean me. Now, when I look at A. D.
Speaker 2: Hopkins and I look at some of the quarterback I'm not D Hopkins made All Pro with these quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: He liked that.
Speaker 4: He liked that his first first is his last name is him.
Speaker 2: Man, I mean he was case Keenan was throwing them passes and and and.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't remember the man, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't remember all the names of the quarterback carousel rock passes, and he was getting it done with everybody.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, look, I don't know man if Steele has got a tough goal because it looked like Kenny Picky got dinged at the end of the boy that the third come.
Speaker 1: Back that was a cl Was it the way he was he was walking, he was walking so gingerly. It wasn't walking like that. He grabbed his knee right away. Yeah, I'm hoping. I'm hoping it's not.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping. I'm hoping.
Speaker 2: So also, you know, it's just it's just tough, man, because this is a very this is a very physical game. These guys are getting they're getting bigger, they're getting faster, faster, they're getting stronger, and the collisions are greater, Joe.
Speaker 1: And you know it's not changing the dimensions of the field, Dope, the dimensions have not changed one bit. But everyone else is getting bigger, faster and stronger. So something gonna have to give. I don't care how much you try to protect the players. Something gonna have to give.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're playing, You're playing an inherently dangerous game. I don't care how safe you make the car. When you increase the speed, there's a greater risk that things going to happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, big trade. We talked about Dame getting trade to the Bucks. The Celtics counter of that move. They make up trade trade for Holiday. So now you got Holiday, Brown, Tatum, Perzinger's Al Horford and then now buck starting five is Dame, Beasley, Chris Middleton, Giannis and Lopez.
Speaker 4: Still who you like?
Speaker 3: Who are you with? Oh? Are you still with your No?
Speaker 1: Because I had people making fun of me obviously, just just just for context, being that I am a fan of the Heat.
Speaker 4: I purpose he put the heat first.
Speaker 1: But let me get into into my basketball turns and basketball knowledge and and and what I know of the game. Obviously, the Bucks, Obviously the Bucks are the best team in the ease. The Celtics, Oh yeah, most definitely, And they have it. They have they have a great squad. Obviously, they top heavy with just just just the top two. They top heavy with Jaylen Brown and Jason Tatum. I mean, when it comes down the stretch you need and then you need a goddamn shot. There's the only two you can actually go to. You don't know what you're gonna get from the rest of it, from the rest of the Yeah, yeah yeah, jewish nice, Yeah, jewish nice.
Speaker 3: The only thing.
Speaker 2: The only thing I'm gonna say about the Celtics they did give up some of their size with Robert Williams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so so they playing small now, which you're playing small?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I guess, I guess you know, because who My question is who you're gonna put on. You're gonna put Jingles on and you're gonna put a Horford on him.
Speaker 1: It's gonna stay healthy? How about that? Is it gonna be healthy? Which porzingis? Are you gonna get weekend? Night in and night out?
Speaker 2: Because the problem that you have is that you can't build a wall to try to keep Jannis out in the lane.
Speaker 4: Down because you got dag He hitting you from anywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: And there's still a big team because you got Yannis, you got low Pazz, you got Porters, so you still go sixteen or above.
Speaker 4: Got middle seven six eight, yeah, so wait for Middleton six eight.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Middleton's a big dude six seven, six eight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, Holiday like six five, I dog was Holiday.
Speaker 1: No, he can't not Holiday. Ain't that damn tall? Now what you think he might be six three? You look about six three on TV. I've never seen him in person.
Speaker 3: Holiday six five, Holiday six five.
Speaker 1: So that means everybody else, everybody else is that much toller than him.
Speaker 4: Where they have about sixty three or six two.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, them guys are joy No, I mean guy that you think. Oh man, no, no, they're not Militant's got to be at least six to seven.
Speaker 3: He's six seven.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I told you, yeah, yeah, I knew, I knew.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: So you got at six eleven, you got low pens and seven foot you got pop quarters at six ten and a half. They got a big team. So the question is it's gonna be a great It's gonna be a tremendous matchup. James Harden is unhealthy because and now you still got who you're gonna put on a Joel Ebid If you're the Celtics.
Speaker 4: Ingis you ain't got no choice.
Speaker 3: At seven three, one hundred and seventeen pounds.
Speaker 1: You have no choice because you have no sides anybody. There's nobody, there's nobody else you can put on them. You ain't got no dream, You ain't got no Draymond Green. That got that dog and him they that can just fighting and and and and crawl and scratch and you you know what I'm trying to say. That's that's gonna get it out the mud.
Speaker 4: You don't have that.
Speaker 1: So you got to put size on him, even though even though he lighting ass, you ain't got no choice.
Speaker 2: I mean, porzingis first of all, porzingis that man so skinny. He could look at look through a keyhole with both eyes. You don't normally you look through the keyhole. You got clothed with ther eyes on.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 2: That's how skinny that man is. Yeah, right, Look it's gonna Miami. Miami is gonna rule this because what they could have done is controlled their own destiny because not only did you let huh Milwaukee get strong, you let you let the p Celtics get strong. Also because now they gotta they got guys. They got three four guys that can go get a bucket in a crunch situation. You got j T, you got JB, and you got Holiday that can go get a bucket. Pazingers can scratch the floor knocked down a three. So now you're gonna open up lanes so those guys can get to the rack on you all three of those guys can put the ball on the floor. Holiday over the last three seasons is almost forty from the three in the regular season.
Speaker 3: Man, this we are.
Speaker 4: We're behind, We behind eight ball, We behind the ball.
Speaker 1: But what we do do is we play team basketball extremely extremely extremely well with no super super super duperstar. We play together as a unit extremely well. But it's gonna be tough. It's gonna be tough to beat the Bucks, and it gouna be goddamn tough to beat the Celtics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, gonna be very very very tough, very tough.
Speaker 2: So tomorrow night the Giants take on Seattle.
Speaker 4: Gino Smith, let's go, baby.
Speaker 3: I'm looking forward to that game.
Speaker 2: DK Walker the third, Kenneth Walker the third, and we're gonna see I don't think Sakwan is gonna play.
Speaker 3: So again, the ball is in Daniel Jones's hand.
Speaker 1: Have to which you know what you're gonna get, what we're gonna you get what we're gonna get it. We're gonna get another example on why you should have paid your running back. And I have nothing against Daniel Jones. I mean just like we listen, everybody talks about the quarterbacks and seeing it is what it is, and this is what you get based on the situations that they've been put in before.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what are we gonna get?
Speaker 1: And you're playing a great Seahawks defense. You're playing a great Seahawks defense. Man, I got I Could you want me tell you the score line? I can tell the score line right now. Twenty seven to twelve Seahawks.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, twenty seven to twelve Seahawks. And I'm telling you right now. You heard it here first.
Speaker 1: So if you're gambling, man, you might want to listen to me. Throw something on the floor for me. I'm gonna pick it up.
Speaker 3: Don't listen to that man. The man told you you don't gamble.
Speaker 2: Thank you, ladies and gentlemen for tuning in tonight. Cap I am shuning sharp your favorite ug. He's your favorite number eighty five Chad O Chosenko Johnson. We'll see you tomorrow night, immediately after tomorrow night's ball game.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, call me if you need me.