Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty and he.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: Too much news, That's what I say.
Speaker 4: If you'd have told me a week ago that we'd have been talking about that stupid Cindy's what's her name? Chick blonde Chickney Sweeney, Yes, blonde chick gene ad every day for a week.
Speaker 2: O would have said, how would that possibly happen?
Speaker 5: But here we are, says the guy who's soft on fascism apparently, and eugenics and Nazism, and am I leaving anything else?
Speaker 4: I ordered some of the Nazi gens yesterday. I'll have them tomorrow. I'll wear them to work, Yes, American Eagle, Is that a dog whistle?
Speaker 5: No? This is fidoh Kamara, Kamara, that's a dog whistle. The jeans are just genes anyway.
Speaker 2: One of the more.
Speaker 5: Interesting challenges we have in society, American society these days, although it occurs to me it's international, is what the hell do we do about our young women losing their minds like they don't get together with a dude or another female, which I'm told is a thing. They don't have a partner, a romantic partner, they don't have children, they have no interest in starting families, and so it would appear that they are pouring their feminine energies into radical politics. I mean to a huge extent. And we've talked about this because you know, you look at the poles of young women age seventeen to twenty seven and men, and they're politically just completely divergent. Right anyway, the gas have gone nuts in a way that has never been right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's completely unpressing young people.
Speaker 4: There used to be equal number of people lean right or left, usually more left than right for young people.
Speaker 2: Always has been no way.
Speaker 4: But boys and girls are the same now they're not like so many other groups, which is not yet.
Speaker 5: It's a weird, unprecedented demographic.
Speaker 2: Mutation.
Speaker 5: Anyway, What to do about it? I don't have any idea other and keep doing what we're doing. Y'all do what you do to try to rein in those you love. But anyway, so the whole Sydney Sweeney fake reversy over the Genes commercial refuses to die. And somebody did, some woman on the street interviews at some sort of gathering of pierced beher dyed sexually ambiguous looking young women, and got these answers. We'll start with fifteen Michael was they asked, She asked, is the question included? Go ahead, just play the first.
Speaker 2: One to Sydney Sad.
Speaker 6: Have you seen it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, I have?
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts?
Speaker 6: Trying to calm myself, but that would girl.
Speaker 7: Mmmm, Sydney Sweeney has good jeep, really like the eugenics in that it's dripping with it, And I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, okay, all right, so I mean that kind of stands on his own.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm interested to hear is does somebody actually make a case, make an argument, or do they just repeat the catchwords?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, it seemed to me there it's certainly until the end, I thought, Okay, she's got no, she just knows she's supposed to be upset.
Speaker 2: She doesn't have an argument for her. Yeah, but she heard eugenics right. Next one, Well, I.
Speaker 7: Get both sides of the argument, like she's talking about like actual genes, But then I get the other side saying like oh but like this could be like a play on words for like something else. But like, honestly, I think there's just so much more going on the world that like an ad about Sidney Sweeney isn't something that we need to pay attention to.
Speaker 2: Good for you, Oh wow, Wow, there's hope. There's hope next one. And when you saw it, what did you think of.
Speaker 8: I mean, I thought, you know, it was disgusting.
Speaker 3: I think it's it's.
Speaker 7: Just showing what kind of country we're turning into, because it's white supremacy at the end of the day.
Speaker 9: That's what this ad is representing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not a good look.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean, she knowed the blonde hair, blue eyed, white woman, you know, very cute, and a lot of the things she's been doing online have been a little bit questionable. It seems that she's definitely been, you know, pandering to a certain group of men online.
Speaker 2: That's interesting.
Speaker 4: So they turned it into particularly attacking her when, like I was saying, yesterday, I'm sure her agent got a call from American Eagle, would would you're a client be willing to oppose in jeans for five million dollars? Sure, she showed up for an hour, crawled around or sat on benches or whatever she does in the ads. And her jeans and went home. She didn't think she was doing anything. I would imagine that was going to make the news early.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the outrage against a product using sexual appeal to sell is well, that's that's cute.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's it's fine. Well, I'm young.
Speaker 4: I'm stealing this from Charles Cook of National Review, but he was making the point that so we've been seeing ads for the last however many years where you mostly have people in the ads that don't represent the majority of the country, whether it's the piercings, tight percent of the couples are interracial, for instance, right, which is fine, sir, and I get the blowback after years of every ad only having white people. But this ad features a girl who's like the probably the majority person in the country, if not majority, the plurality. The big I guessed group of anybody in the country is probably white women. I think it's almost guaranteed to be true. Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 2: So if you.
Speaker 4: Have an ad featuring the largest segment of society, even if it's not most people, that is attacked. If you have so many who represents a tiny chunk of people from Brooklyn, that's fine, you know, I don't care who's with whom, And I hope you all find love and live long, happy lives. But I need to write a movie or a parody of advill you move to Adville and every single couple is an Asian guy married to a black woman, you know, because that's the way ads are these days.
Speaker 2: It's hilarious, but that's fine. I don't actually care much next clip. And I've been seeing a.
Speaker 6: Lot of people online being like, Okay, well, if we ran the same ad with a black woman, it would be interpreted differently.
Speaker 2: What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 6: My thoughts on that is that, you know, a black woman probably wouldn't use the same inflection, and you know they didn't do that, so you know, they can say what ifs all they want, But the fact of the matter is is they used a white woman to spend a send a very specific message.
Speaker 9: But I am I definitely think if it were a black woman, it would send a different message, specifically because that's the world that we've created, that we've that we've grown up in, and so by specifically using a white you know, a white person, it completely disregards everything that we've spent the last week of centuries working towards and and so that just kind of it just it runs us the wrong way.
Speaker 4: She really think that American eagles number one goal, Really their only goal is not to sell as many genes as possible and make as much probit. You really think their goal was to send the message about white supremacy. That's what they're that's what they're in business for, That's what their shareholders want.
Speaker 5: I'm reminded of a line from an old song, I was happier than with no mindset.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: How odd it is and troubling and terrible and neo Marxist that it's become our highest hor in our education establishment.
Speaker 2: It's become their highest priority.
Speaker 5: To churn out young people with strong political views, when not very long ago at all, the vast majority of people in their teens in early twenties may have had a stance or two.
Speaker 4: Generally a little left leaning. I don't know if I buy stances. When I was twenty two, I really don't.
Speaker 2: Know what I did exactly.
Speaker 5: They were curious about the world, learning as fast as they could, wondering what they would do to make a living, looking for.
Speaker 2: Love, et cetera. And the strong political beliefs.
Speaker 5: Were way down the line because you don't need them, you have much.
Speaker 2: Higher priorities, or you should.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 5: I hope somebody writes the story someday so future civilizations can learn from our bizarre experiment in indoctrinating our young people into self hatred and radical politics. Yeah, if you're a young person and not like that, hang in there.
Speaker 2: Hang in there.
Speaker 5: So i'd a lot of your peers agree with you. They're just afraid to speak up. So whoever did that woman on the street think.
Speaker 4: I don't have the slightest idea if they interviewed five hundred people to get the ten most political people clips to air and make it seem like they are with that, or if everybody they talk to was more or less like that, I don't have any idea. I was very heartened to hear the other day so the new King of the Hill was coming back. I didn't realize King of the Hills on for like thirteen seasons or something like that, the cartoon. My son loves King of the Hill, And I said, do you know King of the Hills? He said, do you think I don't know that?
Speaker 2: Dad?
Speaker 4: And then he rattled off everything that's happening, so he knew about it and I didn't. But they come back and Hank and his wife are much older and Bobby has a grown up and has a job. But anyway, Mike, Judge and the people who make King of the Hill the cartoon realizing they needed to answer to the new world that exists since King of the Hill went off. They had to replace the voice of neighbor Khan or they felt like they had to, which was voiced by I think Judge, but one of the white guys who worked.
Speaker 2: On the show.
Speaker 4: You know, and you can't do that anymore, which is one of the craziest things. We've decided that, like a straight person can't play a gay person in a movie or voicing things, you have to be the race or gender or sexual orientation of the cartoon character you're portraying. Or somebody was hurt who got hurt by this? Anyway, So is it Ronnie Chang? Is that how you pronounce his name? Chinese comedian? I talked about him years ago when I saw his Netflix special. He's freaking hilarious and he does one of the daily shows now. I think he does a Wednesday night daily show. And we've played clips from him. Very funny guy. He's going to voice Khn on King of the Hill, and they were They asked him about that, like how big a deal would it have been if they didn't have an Asian voice doing the Asian character in King of the Hill. And he said, well, I think five percent of the Internet, which makes one hundred percent of the noise, would have seemed like a lot to a lot of people. But I don't think it really would. But I don't think it would actually mattered to anybody, he said. And I thought, that's so fantastic. Yeah, yeah, to not buy to not feel like you've got to say, oh, thank God that they chose an Asian person to do the Asian voice or or something horrible has happened. And Hank is Aria, who I like as an actor, you know, who's been apologizing now for years for doing the Apu voice on The Simpsons. I mean, who was damaged by that name? Find me the human being on earth who was hurt in any way. It's like standing with a case in the Supreme Court. Find someone with standing in this story.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I have been friends with known Indian people since my middle school days, and it hasn't come up yet. They're terrible pain and offense that the Apuu character wound would have occurred.
Speaker 2: Time to even imagine what it would be.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 5: Final note among the activists, they know that they just want to call euracist until they're in charge. It's a technique of capture the useful idiots. Like several of those young girls we heard they actually yeah, eternalized it. That's a sweetheart. Please to get a boyfriend, Get a boyfriend and a job and.
Speaker 2: Call me back in a year.
Speaker 4: Speaking of the Chinese, millions and millions and millions of Chinese were killed by the Japanese in World War Two, and they were killing them like crazy as we dropped the bomb eighty years ago tomorrow, which another part of the whole story that should be better known. I think when we're having this discussion about whether or not we should have used atomic weapons or not, we'll get to that a little bit later this hour. Some of the history stuff. I I'm looking up at TV. They're doing it right now. That story, among other things. Other way, stay here.
Speaker 8: Army diner chain Ihop has unveiled a lux version of his Dubai Chocolate pancakes, which it claims are the most expensive item.
Speaker 2: They are reserved.
Speaker 8: Well, the most expensive thing at waffle House is the ambulance ride.
Speaker 4: I've been to waffle House hundreds of times. I've never written in an ambulance once. I've witnessed some fights to the death, but I've never ridden in an ambulance. Right, right, unfortunate cliche coming up. Why we dropped the bomb on Japan eighty years ago tomorrow And Michael, I told you remind me of sailing lessons. Also remind me to talk about luxury beanbag chairs, which are thing.
Speaker 2: Wow. Two phrases I never thought i'd hear out of your mouth.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 2: You know, back to the waffle house thing.
Speaker 5: If you are going to be in a fistfight in a restaurant, it's likely to be offul House. Sure, maybe McDonald's second place. Terms of likelihood, I mean, I'm not likely to be in a fist fight in any restaurant.
Speaker 2: But unless somebody brings me a.
Speaker 5: Cab that's not quite ready, I'll tell you slap slap the tannins, the cabin, the.
Speaker 2: Tannin, too many tannins, the too.
Speaker 4: Hot pulp, put up your dukes, the tannins.
Speaker 5: So a couple of stories more or less from the world of technology. First of all, Mark Zuckerberg kind of declared war on the iPhone the other day.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 4: He announced that that would be awesome. I'm a big fan of free market competition.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, he old Azuk, who is Satan. By the way, if you're a new listener, we determined that years ago.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: But anyway, Uh, he's he's totally into the AI thing, spending billions and billions and billions of dollars on developing AI, and is quite certain that the hand held, the roughly wrecked angular glowing box will not be the go to hardware device in the future. He's convinced it'll be glasses or something like that.
Speaker 4: I believe that's probably true.
Speaker 2: I don't know how soon or what it will be.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I don't either. But he announced that they're going big on both the software and the hardware thing. So I wish you well, fine whatever.
Speaker 4: I can easily see us moving into an age pretty quickly where we look back and remember when everybody used to walk around.
Speaker 2: Holding this device? How crazy was that? Yeah?
Speaker 5: And actually I was going to go into something else, but there's a fair amount here. He called his vision personal super intelligence and drew a path for finally achieving his desire to have an Apple like experience that combines software and hardware. Personal superintelligence that knows us deeply understands our goals and can help us achieve them will be by far the most useful.
Speaker 4: Pretty interesting to have Zuckerberg a competitor use the term a Apple like experience. But it's a good description. That was not part of the quote. Okay, but yeah, that's the way everybody's taking it. And let's see Zuckerberg.
Speaker 5: Once you get the display in there, there's also going to unlock unlock a lot of value where you can just interact with an AI system throughout the day in a multi modal way.
Speaker 4: I feel like we're so far away from it. I don't know if if I have to correct. So we have a dog named Pomp. I probably send a text that includes pup eight times a week. It always auto corrects it to pop. How is my phone not figured out by now that I use a word called pop a thousand times a year, But it hasn't until they fixed that.
Speaker 2: I'm not ready for AI to take over.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I would forcefully argue that Mark Zuckerberg's vision of humanity being constantly effortlessly online is a miserable It's a threat, it's not a promise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think there's anything you can do about that.
Speaker 5: Oh I won't have to because human beings will die out. We'll continue the trends we're doing right now, and that'll end it.
Speaker 4: Why we drop the bomb in Japan among other things on the way like glamorous beanbag.
Speaker 2: Chairs, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 1: The US Navy has dozens of nuclear powered submarines. Fourteen are capable of carrying nuclear weapons. Each Ohio class sub can carry twenty Trident ballistic missiles with eight nuclear warheads each, meaning one American Ohio class nuclear submarine could strike one hundred and sixty cities at once.
Speaker 4: I thought it would be good to play something current before we get into discussion about the anniversary tomorrow. Eighty years since we dropped the atomic bomb on Japan, we still have wars going on. Nuclear weapons are still a conversation. People are still willing to fight to the death over a variety for a variety of reasons. Nothing has changed on that front since World War Two. World War One was the going to be the War to end all wars. Then we had World War Two, which was significantly significantly bigger. And since World War Two, we've now had more people die in wars since World War Two than happened during World War Two.
Speaker 2: And I believe.
Speaker 5: As we speak, we have the most armed conflicts going on Earth that has been recorded.
Speaker 2: Really just heard that yesterday. I didn't know that it's like one hundred and forty or something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I get discouraged sometimes with my love of history and that I feel like it is wrongly portrayed so often, or narratives catch on and they just become the truth forever in some cases, and they're not accurate, and it's just the way it is. Like our our friend, we like, Victor David Hanson's he wrote a book a couple years called The World Wars, and he was trying to make the argument that it was it was really separate wars that we call it World War Two, but there were separate wars going on that really didn't have much to do with each other. This other book that I had been reading just recently, Operation Downfall by Richard B.
Speaker 2: Frank.
Speaker 4: It's the most recent book written about Downfall. Was going to be the was the campaign for US to end the war with Japan. Japan bombs US December seventh, nineteen forty one. They attacked US. Hitler had already been defeated at this point, and we needed to figure out how to finish off the Japanese who were still fighting like crazy. But the whole fight in Japan and fighting Germany didn't really have much to do with each other. There are a couple of instances when Japan and Germany kind of worked together, but if it ever came down to it, I mean, think about it. These are two incredibly racist regimes that believe the other side shouldn't exist un planet.
Speaker 2: Earth, so at least to stay the hell away.
Speaker 4: The Nazis would have killed every Japanese a person on Earth if they had the opportunity, and vice versa. Japan was an incredibly racist nation. They believe they were superior to the Chinese, let alone the white mongrel United States. And this Franks guy is trying to make the argument that a lot of historians have, but it just hasn't worked yet. That World War Two started in nineteen thirty seven when Japan invaded China and started taking over that part of the globe because we're mostly from Europe, and we're so europe focused, and most of our World War two movies are about Europe and fighting the Nazis. We just we don't we think World War two started in September of thirty nine when Germany goes into Poland and all those countries and starts doing their thing. But the Japanese invaded China in nineteen thirty seven and started one hell of a war. Eight million Chinese had died at the hands of the Japanese before.
Speaker 2: Four Pearl Harbor. Eight million Chinese.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Japan was one of the most ruthless regimes that's ever existed on planet Earth. Why we regularly refer to Nazis or Hitler like the worst thing that has ever happened, I don't quite know. Stalin was worth worse than a Hitler, and the Japanese were more deadly than the Nazis. Japan controlled twenty percent of the planet, what they were fighting at the time that we defeated them, a significantly greater chunk than the Nazis took over, even though they took over most of Europe.
Speaker 5: And call it racism or bigotry or just resentment. But I've always reacted to the obscenely, unspeakably stupid statement from progressives that only white people can be racist, because ask a Korean about the Japanese, right, ask a Japanese person about the Chinese, Ask a Filipino about any of them, Oh my god, will they bring the hay anyway. But part of that is fairly legitimate resentment of I don't know, killing eight million of our people, often in horrific you know ways.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And things had gotten so ugly there at the end, fighting Japanese soldiers island by island as we tried to get close enough to the main island of Japan to at the time we thought we were going to invade. We ended up deciding that wasn't going to work because it would have been too deadly and too costly. Sixty between sixty and seventy percent of all of our casualties happened in the last year of the war. Half of all marine deaths happened in the last couple of months as we were fighting island to island. By the time we got to guadalc Canal, it was the first battle in which we lost more people. More men died that were US soldiers than the Japanese lost, and we just figured that that was going to continue as we got closer to the island, and then invading the island, we were going to take way more deads than they were going to take. So people who make the argument we shouldn't have drip the bomb, why do you think we should suffer more losses than the people that attacked us?
Speaker 2: What's the argument there?
Speaker 5: Well, and there are a lot of good arguments on that side. Loyal listener Mike San Francisco urged us me to read about the Battle of Okinawa, which raged for two months in three weeks and was one of the last big ones before we were either going to invade Japan or not. But one hundred thousand Japanese troops in Okinawa, fifty thousand Allied casualties, around one hundred thousand Japanese casualties, also including local Okinawan's conscripted into the Japanese army. According to local authorities, at least one hundred and forty nine thousand Okinawan people were killed, died by courst suicide, or went missing. So, yeah, the carnage at the end was, oh, it's unspeakable. It's unthinkable.
Speaker 4: It is a version of total war that is practically unseen on planet Earth. Why it doesn't get discussed more often, I don't know. And then as to the idea that Japan would have surrendered at any point, so Japan had never surrendered historically in their twenty seven hundred year existence, they had never surrendered to an invader, and more recently, during World War Two, no Japanese unit, not one, had to surrendered in any battle, no matter how defeated they were, they would continue to fight until they were all dead.
Speaker 2: That was just the last spent their culture.
Speaker 4: And it's kind of hard for us to get into the mindset of It's why the whole Kamakazi thing worked. They have a culture and a mindset that we do not have of where they would take such great pride to have their young son go get in a plane and fly it into a ship and die. They were perfectly okay with that. It made every bit of sense to them to serve their god king thing that they had going on. That we also can't quite wrap our heads around culturally because it not only was it a monarch, but it was a religious figure, and we just we can't it doesn't make any sense to us culturally the way that that worked. Roosevelt also believed, if you're a fan of World War One, you know the hole stabbed in the back myth that entered into Germany after Germany lost and we left their government, we the Allies, left their government in charge.
Speaker 2: Then the young.
Speaker 4: Hitlers of the world, people that had fought in the war, started this whole. Our government stabbed us in the back, and it's the dirty Jews that caused it. Thing that grew and grew and grew and led to the rise of the anger of the German society and Nazi Germany and World War two and all that. Roosevelt knew that, and he didn't want to leave in Germany or Japan any He wanted to make sure Roosevelt believed Germany and Japan, every man, woman and child in the country had to believe they were defeated. To make sure that they either one of them didn't rise up again. They had to all know they were beaten, completely beaten.
Speaker 2: They were their own government didn't stab in the back, None like that happened.
Speaker 4: They were soundly defeated, and that was one of the reasons they had to take it clear to the end the way they did, combined with that nobody had ever surrendered, so there was no reason to think they would ever give up. The Japanese we now have we've only had this for thirty years. We now have the communications that were going on in Japan. Thanks to Japanese historians. There are only six people in control of the whole decision, they called the Big Six. Five of them were in the military, and they had no interest in surrendering whatsoever, and they were willing to lose tens of millions of Japanese civilians. They believed if we if we surrounded him and did a blockade and tried to starve them out, which ended up that was going to be the plan. If we didn't drop the bomb, We're going to surround Japan and starve millions of people until they surrendered, which would have killed way more people than the bombs killed. But the Big Six in Japan, they figured, if twenty million Japanese starve, the world opinion will finally turn against the Allies in the United States.
Speaker 2: And will be very hamas like strategy.
Speaker 4: Exactly, and we'll be able to negotiate a much better situation. They're perfectly comfortable with that for anybody who argues that there is a way out that would have been less deadly than the nuclear weapons. Also, I mentioned it the other day, but worth mentioning again, around two hundred thousand people were killed by the bombs. It's hard depends on where you you know you do the cutoff because cancer later and everything like that. But around two hundred thousand died from the bombs that were dropped eighty years ago tomorrow, and then on the ninth the other bomb. Twice as many Japanese as that died at the hands of the Russians in the very same weeks, as Russia was coming on and taking ground and trying to take it back from the death much more ruthless than we were.
Speaker 2: When you ever hear anybody say anything about that.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, self hate tred is the hallmark of the progressive and they're proud of it, and they stoke it, they like it, and it's just it's it's a perverse.
Speaker 4: They had a million men ready to defend a ground invasion, some eight thousand planes, maybe half of which we're going to be kamakazis attacking every one of our ships, which would have been That's why they ultimately decided, and we've only known this since the nineties, that our navy decided, who ain't going to do this? That's a no. We're a no vote on that. So the ground invasion was not gonna have it because it would have been too deadly. It just absolutely couldn't be done. So it was either starve them out or drop the bomb. So I went to the Oppenheimer movie with a friend. When was that three four years ago that that Oppenheimer movie came out. This friend was a super lib But anyway, we're driving away from the movie theater and we're having a conversation about the whole should we have dropped the bomb or not? Kind of got started the conversation, and it was very funny because it took us ten fifteen minutes of driving and saying, I know, can you believe that there are some people that believe that Before we realized we were, we had completely different positions. We're both saying, I know, it's crazy that people believe that. I was thinking it's crazy that people believe we shouldn't have dropped the bomb. She was thinking, it's crazy that people think we should have dropped the bomb, and at some point and it got very quiet in the car after that, we realized, oh, oh, we're completely on the opposite side of this, because those of us on whichever side, just can't believe the other side believed what they believe. And I'm on the side of obviously we should have dropped the bomb. Who wouldn't have given the circumstances. But there are plenty of people that think it's just nuts that we opened up the can of worms, and it's one of the great black marks in US history that we crossed that line and dropped in atomicbaham. Yeah, what's the other pushback? The best put what's what's the college kid college professor.
Speaker 2: Pushback on dropping the bomb?
Speaker 5: That Japan was prepared to offer a not unconditional, but more or less complete surrender, and that it just had to be worked out over the course of a couple more days of conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no documentation for that.
Speaker 5: There are a couple of communications from a couple of people that hint that that might be possible, and they extrapolate from there and feel free. We can talk about this as long as you want, But on the at home sociological why do people believe what your friend did. It occurred to me, and I've said this many, many times, that if you are on the left, you get a great deal of social reinforcement, a lot of pats on the back, acceptance for being a self hating American.
Speaker 2: But it's funny. I hadn't really looked at it from the other perspect.
Speaker 5: If you cannot be accepted in those circles, if you are a patriotic American who thinks, by and large, we have been a great country doing mostly the right thing. I mean that is you are drummed out. That's It's like committing an act of violence, you know, at a social club.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 5: There's no hearing you're gone. That's enormous social pressure for those people. Well, just as a response to your thing for we and we can break. And I don't want to get two in the weeds on this, but the Big Six made all the decisions for Japan. If there was going to be any sort of surrender, they would have to do it. There's no indication anybody in that group wanted to surrender. And five of the six were in the military and they absolutely were into fighting to the last man.
Speaker 2: So it just was never going to happen right anyway.
Speaker 4: I wanted to get this on on the fifth because I have a feeling tomorrow you'll hear a lot of news from mainstream media pushing the idea that we did something wrong, and I'll be interested to see how that plays on your evening newscasts. Do you have any comment on naming of this text line four one, five, two nine KFTC. Well, before I get into it, do you have a compelling reason for why we the eighty year anniversary of US dropping the bomb on Japan is tomorrow? Do you have a reason why we focus so much more on the fight in the nazis European part of World War Two as opposed to the Pacific War.
Speaker 5: I don't know that I've perceived that in the same way you did. I've always been into the Pacific War, partly because my father in law served there, and I've always been acutely aware of it.
Speaker 2: I don't know, maybe a culturally, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I know, factually, in terms of movies and books and everything, like, the whole European theater dominates and has forever. I think it's because it was just so morally more clear cut things got so ugly against the Japanese bit by bit, island by island, where both sides were just so. The book i'm reading read several of them, Twilight of the Gods by Ian Tole, which is considered one of the definitive.
Speaker 2: Books on it. He had a start. Oh, by the way, we got a text the Japanese.
Speaker 4: The text was, it's cute that you think the Japanese surrendered because of the bombs. It was because they knew Russia was coming. There's no documentation about that. If you have a book that says that's true, that's a common narrative, but there's no documentation that that conversation was being had by the Big Six who made these decisions in Japan. So if you have a different book that says they were, you know, feel free to text me.
Speaker 2: I'd be interested in reading it.
Speaker 4: For instance, on one of the islands, and I don't remember which one it was, but this became a common thing. Our marines would come across dead US soldiers who had had their genitals cut off and shoved in their mouths, sometimes while they were alive, by the Japanese. So the Japanese soldiers had come across you know, a wounded marine cut off his junk stick in his mouth, So we got more and more brutal, and it just it got that way to where it was just like freaking Lord of the Flies, total war, as awful as it could get, foot by foot, trench by trench in the mud and the blood and your own feces and everything right across the islands, And that's what it was going to be in Japan. And it had a story in there of collecting gold teeth became a thing, so US soldiers would collect gold teeth, And it had a story in there about one US soldier coming across a wounded but still alive Japanese who he then took his bayonet and started digging in the guy's mouth trying to pry his teeth out while they're still alive. Some of his fellow US soldiers said, dude, that's not cool. Came up and shot the guy in the head to put him out of his misery. But that's the sort of warfare it was there at the end, and it was going to be that times. Who knows how many thousand on the beaches of Japan if we actually invaded.
Speaker 5: Well, and I think have got more coverage, partly because a film crew could do what they did then go back to Paris or London or whatever, and so you can't do that in the islands of the Pacific coming up next hour. Among the other things progressives have completely screwed up in America, our libraries like actively, like they're doing it deliberately. This is not some sort of paranoid wackiness.
Speaker 2: I've got it. In their own words, stay with us.
Speaker 5: If you can't stay with us, grab the podcast subscribed Armstrong and Getty on demand
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty