Speaker 1: What's that at the foot of back bed. It's spooky, Andy, I'm really sure it's dead. It's coming this way.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, Hell, I'm said.
Speaker 3: Hiross, Hey boo, it's me Ros. We have another listener episode this week, and I am so excited about it.
Speaker 1: This one is a good one.
Speaker 3: Oh maybe I don't say this enough, but you guys are the best, and I love you so much, and you really are helping me get through this weird, weird time and I can't believe it's been however many months now and it's still happening. And it's just always so nice to hear from you, guys, and I hope you enjoyed this listener episode today. I also want to thank you, guys, those of you that joined my Patreon, So I'm probably going to be talking about Patreon a lot from now on, just because I'm hoping that it can also be a really good visual aid that can go along with this podcast, especially as the weeks and weeks go on. I'm sure that there'll be certain things that we talk about that maybe I can delve into deeper on Patreon. And I'm also hoping to do a little bit of ghost hunting videos of my own and go to some haunted places. And I'm also going to be you know, doing some spooky things with you know, like dolls and ghost videos on YouTube and all that stuff that we talk about on the show that's kind of more visual. I want to get into that a little bit more. So, thank you guys for joining my Patreon and if you haven't, no worries. Your support by listening to this show is major. But you know, if you can stand a little bit more of me and if you're able to contribute, it would be so great.
Speaker 1: I have tears on.
Speaker 3: Patreon that start at five dollars a month to get that video content, and I just I really hope it will be a way for me to channel all this creativity that's been pent up the past few months because I am out of work, so it would help me so much so to do that. It is patreon dot com, slash roz dres Fales, and I'll be doing videos every Tuesday and every Thursday, that's today. I'm going to be having bonus clips from every single new episode from here on out.
Speaker 1: And this week I.
Speaker 3: Talk to four fantastic listeners of this show. First up, we've got Kathleen who works in hospitals, and she talks to us about hospital ghosts, which is so fascinating, and then she starts bringing more spookiness and I was like, oh, we got to put this on Patreon as a bonus, so when you listen to her talk, you're gonna be like, oh, I got to hear more. So after we've got Kathleen, we have Caitlin on the show today, who recently had a baby, brings the baby home from the hospital and stuff starts getting freaky around the house. And then we have our first ever listener calls in from Australia, which is a crazy time zone difference from me here in Hollywood, and he woke up early and he really brought it. So we've got Peter, and rounding out the show, we've got Annie, who grew up in a spooky, haunted house in New Hampshire. These listener episodes are so special to me and I just love doing them, and so please, if you would like to be on one, send me an email at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com with the subject line listener episode and we can figure this out out. So, without further ado, here is this month's listener episode on with the show.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, is this Kathleen.
Speaker 4: Yes, Hi roz Hi.
Speaker 1: Thanks for coming on the show.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you, thanks for having me of course.
Speaker 1: So wait a minute. You're a nurse, I am. Have you had hospital spookiness happen?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, for sure, don't you know it's.
Speaker 3: So weird, like we have barely ever heard that on this show, and I'm dying to hear about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, I've been a nurse for six years and most of the time it's pretty silly stuff. I think, like so, and I worked for a long time, so you know, like there was one time when I was charting and no, yeah, I was in a room charting and I felt the scratch on my leg and so I turned around, like what is that? And there was the security people pushing a dead body down the on the cart down the hall. I was like, oh, okay, Hi, I guess I just wanted to say hello.
Speaker 1: Wait, but did you did it touch you or it just like something else.
Speaker 4: I think it was just trying to say hi. It just scratched me, like, I mean, they were they were and I saw them go through the doorway. They were down the hallway. But you know, just like stuff like that. I think they're just trying to get my attention.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Is it a thing in the hospital where people talk to each other about this kind of stuff like, oh, I am nurses and doctors and stuff.
Speaker 4: I mean, like I'd be one of those people where every time I had to float to a different unit, I'd kind of get to know, you know, settle in. Just wait till about like one when we start charting it, I'd be like, Okay, so what kind of ghosts you guys experience over here? And I'd say, you know, most people, especially the old like krusty nurses, definitely have their their stories their experiences. And it's really interesting too, kind of like getting to hear the different ghosts, like the oncology ghosts or like the children ghosts, you know, like or like ghosts in the O R or units that used to be certain units and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Well, have you heard anything that like really freaked you out?
Speaker 2: Heard?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's one that this that didn't happen to me, It happened to It happened it actually different night that I wasn't working, but there was a patient who passed away, and I guess all of a sudden the call it went off in that room, and the nurse thought like, oh, maybe the you know, somebody bumped the light on accident, And she went back in the room and the patient was actually sitting up and looked at the nurse and was like, why did you guys put a sheet over my head? And they like literally like fainted. I guess the patient just like came back to life. There was this older lady and they were like, oh uh uh to like call the doctor, and the daughter like, yeah, this patient came back alive, so you might want to like erase that time of death on the death certificate.
Speaker 1: And then but she really was dead.
Speaker 4: She yeah, like the doctor like like had like listened to her, you know, getting here any heartbeats, And then he came back down and was like, yeah, I guess I'll just put those orders back in like for her medications. And then she ended up passing away another like thirty minutes later. But that was a pretty funny ordeal.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, where are where are you?
Speaker 4: I'm in San Diego.
Speaker 1: Oh amazing.
Speaker 4: I've worked, but I've worked in Nebraska and Iowa, Idaho, and I like and for me, you know, like there's also been several instances where like I'm rushing down the room because I saw on the monitor like a lethal cardiac rhythm, and I like speed into that room, and then I realized, oh my gosh, there's nobody in here, Like I swear on the monitor like I would see this called like ventricular attack of cardia, and there's nobody in there like that, Like that's that's been weird. That was weird, that's happened before for me. Or I'll be like waiting for another staff ever together supplies to go into your room. This actually is kind of funny. And I was sitting there charting and somebody walks past the computer and on the hubway. I thought it was that the other church nurse, since I was like, oh, okay, like I'll be there in a second, and I go down. I followed this person down the hallway. They're wearing all black. I wasn't really like staring at them. I was kind of like looking at my stuff. And then all of a sudden, I get to the end of the hallway and there's no one there, and I'm like, oh my gosh, did I just really follow a ghost all the way down the hallway? Like that's impursing, like king, there's a mistake.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that so fascinating to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then there there was some like really like dark stuff too, Like well, there was good. So like one of the units I worked on, we would have patients that were there for like months and months and months at the time, and we developed relationships with them all and after they passed, it would almost be like losing a friend. And it's happened like three or four times where those people then visited me in dreams and you know, showed me like that they were fine, they were doing all right, and that was really really cool to see. And I would go back to work and like sell that to people. I'm like, yeah, like in my dream, I saw this person. He was at the grocery store, like like cooking. He was like all with his friends and his family and he's like up and walking and they're like, oh my gosh, this is cool. Like I don't know. That was all like the really happy stuff.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Worked in the er also, and there were a lot of times where I'd see like obviously like really traumatic like like horrible white people have died. And there's been some people that have attached themselves to me, and I go home and I'm just literally haunted by them for weeks until I think trying to figure out what to do, kind of like reliving like seeing the way they died, like outside of the er that's happened. That's been really freaky, but trying to think, Oh, there's been a couple I've learned like pretty quick on not to say, like like in it, not to tell like a patient that I saw someone in the room less I'm like one hundred percent sure that they're actually human. There's been a couple of times where like I think I see somebody in there, like or I'll see somebody kneeling next to the bed or standing there and I'm like, oh, that's sweet. Like they have a visitor, and I'll go in and I'll be like, hey, like I saw someone in here earlier, like Gemni's visit, and they'd be like there's no one in here, Like oh, like, oh, I'm actually thinking of another patient. Sorry, never mind. That's happened a couple of times where like now I know, like not to say anything unless I'm like one thousand percenture, Okay.
Speaker 1: I have so many questions. First, of all.
Speaker 3: Okay, so my first question, as as somebody that works in hospitals, do you what what why do you think uh, ghosts would be in a hospital now? Now, I would guess that there's probably a lot of spirits that don't realize that they have died and maybe they're still around. I mean, what, what do you think or is it is it them leaving you know, they're leaving their bodies and they're kind of wandering.
Speaker 4: Around or yeah, you know, I think it totally depends on the hospital too, in the unit. So you know, like in my time on like ice used or where you have patients that are in comas for a long time, Like I can literally see their spirit hovering above them and I think they're in this this space. I don't really know what it is exactly, but they're in this kind of in between for such a long time. I think their spirits kind of used to it and it's familiar to them. And you know, like some hospitals too, like ones that have more of a rehabilitation emphasis, they've got these like they look like playgrounds, like they've got all these fun like balls and blocks and things, and they think those attract a lot of child spirits because they look like they're fun to play with. And I know, like the hospital I'm currently at, the rehab department, stuff is always being moved around, like they come in every day and stuff just like all over the place. And then I think like in the like in the er, you have a lot of people that die like really suddenly, and they die in really traumatic, awful ways, and I think those like those spirits are just trapped, like they're just trying to figure out like what the heck is going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I can imagine, Yeah, the different different units would probably have different ghosts for different reasons.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then I don't know if you're familiar with like the Hillcrest area in San Diego, so that's where I am now, Yeah, and that's like grand central station for hospital ghosts because you've got UCSD, got scripts, you got like several different big hospital systems, and then plus a lot of little ones. So like I just see people like passing in, like in and out all the time throughout the hospital. But I don't think they're necessarily haunting. They're just they're just going wherever they're going, and right they're going wherever they see light. Or they see someone that can see them.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm wondering, like if ghosts stick around or if it's more just because you know, with hospital I mean, if you look at the living in hospitals, it's like people are coming in and out constantly, and so I wonder if it's like that for spirits as well, or if there are some. I mean, I'm sure it's so case by case, but I'm sure that there are some that linger around, but probably for the most part, it's probably like a temporary And.
Speaker 4: I think there's also just a lot of really random ghosts too, that aren't associated with the hospital. Like I had the hospital I'm at now, we had an VS worker take a really good ghost picture and I had to send it to me, and it's a woman in a lace dress, so like nobody that would be in the hospital. But I think just the area that it is, and I think it just it must attract other spirits as well, since there's so much commotion.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm sure, thank you for being here. This is Caitlin, right, Yes, it is hi, Caitlin.
Speaker 1: Where are you.
Speaker 5: I am outside of Chicago, Illinois. Love it.
Speaker 1: It's one of my favorite places.
Speaker 5: Oh, awesome. Yeah, it's pretty it's pretty fun. You know, it's very very uh, we're kind of getting a break from the heat finally, thank god.
Speaker 1: So that's good. Well, congratulations, I saw you just had a child.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, our first baby. He was born at the end of March, kind of right after everything shut down due to COVID, which was interesting, you know, definitely not when we anticipated. But it's all good.
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, I'm sure that had to be pretty wild. But then when I was reading your email, you were talking about some parent normal stuff that happened around that time.
Speaker 1: What happened, Yeah, so.
Speaker 5: Definitely also very unexpected with everything that was going on. So and I'll try to kind of, you know, get through the story and hopefully it makes sense and everything is all good. But so we brought our son home from the hospital, like I said, a kind of the end of March, and.
Speaker 4: You know, I'll kind of.
Speaker 5: Preface it by saying, we've never had anything weird happen in our home. We've lived here now for about three years. The home is about fifty years old, and only a couple families have lived here prior to us, and you know, totally fine, no weird experiences, no nothing, and you know, always felt comfortable inside the house and like I said, no experiences of anything weird.
Speaker 1: Ever.
Speaker 5: And then we brought our son home from the hospital and my husband was home with me for about two weeks after I gave birth, and you know, we were just kind of going through the whole like newborn new parents, kind of dealing with that. And then about two weeks after I had our baby, my husband went back to work, and you know, he's in construction, so he's not doing the whole work from home saying that everyone is kind of doing nowadays, so he was physically out of the home during the day. I was at home by myself with the baby and our dog, and I started noticing just really weird things happening around the house, Like lights would be on that I know for a fact we're off, doors would be open that I know we're closed. I started hearing like footsteps, which was obviously super unnerving being like a young mom at home alone with like her baby, and it was just like all of a sudden, all these weird things just started happening. And I didn't really say anything to my husband initially because I was like, you know, I just don't really know how to approach this with him, because, like I said, it's just never been something that we've experienced in that home. And I posted my experiences on this like Facebook group that I'm a part of that kind of talks about like paranormal stuff, and a lot of the people on there were like, you know, is it possible that maybe it's like a grandparent or a parent or a family member who may have passed away, who's maybe like now checking in and being you know, their new addition to the family basically, And I was like, I mean maybe, but because I have now lost all of my grandparents unfortunately, and I was like, maybe that's kind of what I was thinking, kind of hoping for. But it was kind of a nice thought, but I never really felt that way, I guess, because like, whatever it was I felt in the house, it didn't feel malevolent, but it also didn't really feel good, if that makes sense. Like it just kind of felt very neutral and just kind of like, hello, I'm here, now I'm in your house. And my grandparents were all super lovely, amazing, kind, wonderful, warm people, and it just didn't feel like the presence that you would expect from someone like that, if that makes sense. Yeah, And you know, so I just kind of went about it. And you know, my son, when I would be holding him in the nursery, he would start to kind of focus on stuff that wasn't there, and he would kind of giggle at something like across the room, and I was like ooh, and you know again, people were like, well, you know, infants at that stage, you know, they kind of their their eyesight and senses are still developing, so they could see something across the room and just you know be like, oh, that's interesting, you know, because they don't know what it is. And I was trying to like or it could definitely be a ghost. And then with like everything going on, I was talking to another friend of mine who you know, she she's a little bit more into the occult and she's you know, very well versed and kind of like things that are paranormal or kind of you know that that all that kind of stuff. And I've always been into the paranormal, but you know, she's she's definitely like you know, she's she's a practicing witch and you know she kind of does like spirit work and stuff. And I was kind of talking to her about it, and I was like, you seem like someone that I can really talk to about this and try to, you know, maybe you can kind of get a sense of what's going on here. And I appreciate her because she also looks at things from a very logical perspective too, and she's like, Okay, you know, the things that are going on in your house, like, let's try to look at this logically. Like, you guys just had a baby. You know, new parents usually pretty tired, you know, they're exhausted, They're you know, kind of in a new kind of, you know, potentially stressful situation with you know, things going on with like their baby and and life and trying to figure it out. She's like, is it possible that you could just kind of be going through something where you guys are really tired and exhausted and the exhaustion could be playing tricks on your mind where maybe you're not remembering things or you know, just having you know, thoughts of things that you might have thought you did that really didn't. And I'm like, I would normally agree with you, but our child has been like an awesome sleeper since birth, which like we're super thrilled about like I mean, even as a newborn, he was only waking up once per night, and he started sleeping through the night at two months old, which was like even impressive to our pediatrician. So we've we've never we were never like the typical like oh Man, new pairs and you know that you'll see on like TV shows or movies or you know, people who have gone through it where it's like your baby's waking up like every hour wanting to eat and you're just so exhausted. We never had that. Really lucky, I know, we got so lucky, but you know, and so that's why when she mentioned that, I was like, normally it would totally agree with you. But our little unicorn baby, you know, we've thankfully been pretty well rested. So I don't think it's that. And you know, she's like, you know, because there was one situation where our home is structured like kind of a very typical Midwestern like split level home. So like you walk in the front door and you're in this kind of like landing area where like you look, you walk in the front door, and straight ahead of you is the sliding door to go out to the back patio in the backyard, and then you can either go upstairs or downstairs. Like there's two sets of stairs where you can either go downstairs into kind of like our den, TV hangout area, or you can go to the upstairs level, which is like the kitchen in the bedrooms and kind of like the dining room area. So like one morning, I got up and I went to the kind of mid level to let my dog outside. I went back upstairs to start prepping my son's bottle, and then when I went back to that middle landing level to let my dog back inside, the lights in the downstairs den were on, and I was like, oh, okay, And that really freaked me out because I was like, that was kind of the first moment where I was really like, Okay, is there someone.
Speaker 2: In this house?
Speaker 5: Do I need to grab my kid and my dog? Book it? Like, I mean, it was just it was so unnerving to just see that. And you know, when I was again, when I was talking to my friend about it, she was like, you know, sometimes our brains go on autopilot all the time, right, I mean we see it, like, you know, you walk into a room and you're like, why am I here? How did I end up here? You know, sometimes you just kind of do that, and I was like, again, most of the time, I would agree with you. But with my son, I ended up having a C section. So you know, when they give you kind of like the list of like rules to you know, make sure that you stay safe and healthy with your incision as it's healing, and you know, to not injure yourself or put a lot of pressure on your incision while you're you know, healing post childbirth. And one of the main things that they tell you is like try to limit the amount of times that you go up and down the stairs. So I was not like just going up and downstairs in my house willy nilly, Like going up and down the stairs is actually a pretty slow and arduous process. So I was like, it's not like I would have just gone downstairs and forgot about it and turned on the lights and been like, oh oops, you know, because I was like, I was like an eighty year old woman going up and down those stairs, even just to let my dog outside. So you know, it was just kind of weird. And again I didn't really mention anything to my husband.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 5: Finally, like there was one night where things just it got a little scary because, like we started noticing that there would be times where my son, we would put him in his crib and we would check the baby monitor and they're like he would have the little, you know, the little burp cloths that we used to kind of wipe his face after we feed him, and there would be a burp cloth in the crib with him, and we would be like, oh, what the heck, you know, And again, it's like we were kind of blaming ourselves for just like not paying attention and you know, not thinking about it and just putting him in his crib, and you know, it started kind of freaking me out a little bit because obviously, you know, that's a dangerous thing. You know, you especially a young baby, You don't want them in the crib with anything that could potentially cover their faces and you know, potentially suffocate them or anything like that. So we were just kind of like, you know, like me and my husband were kind of saying to each other, like, dude, make sure you're not putting him in the crib with the burp cloth, Like come on, you know, you know, we got to make sure that we're being like vigilant about that. And so There was one night that I was feeding our son and my husband was already in our bedroom. And it sounds so silly, but like I have, I was actually like talking out loud to myself, like to make sure that I was, you know, doing everything. I was like, Okay, I finished feeding our son. I am putting him in the crib, like I was narrating everything that I was doing, like not only for myself but also like my husband could hear over the baby monitor from the other room, and I was like, Okay, the burn brag is right there. I'm looking at it right now. It is on the bedside table, nowhere near him. I'm double checking the crib. There is no birdcloth in the crib with him, okay. And I walk out of the room, and you know, for about ten minutes, my husband and I are laying in bed, you know, talking to each other, watching tiktoks, you know, just kind of hanging out. And I say to my husband, I'm like, hey, can you check the baby monitor and see how he's doing. My husband checks the baby monitor and he's like.
Speaker 4: Dude, what the heck?
Speaker 5: And I'm like, what, what's wrong? And he shows me the baby monitor and our son has a burp cloth on top of him, literally right under his chin, and I was so upset, I mean I was almost near tears, and I was like, you heard me, Like you heard me talking to myself like an idiot, narrating everything that I was doing. I was like, it's impossible. It's literally impossible for that to have happened. And that's kind of what forced me to open up to my husband about the word experience is that I was having in the house. And he was like, well, awesome, because like he's a good Catholic boy, you know, he doesn't really believe in that stuff. Well he does, let me refrain that he believes in it, he just doesn't want to mess with it. And he's like one of those people where he's like if it exists, fine, but I don't want to acknowledge it, don't want to mess with it, don't want any part of it. No, thank you.
Speaker 2: And he was like.
Speaker 5: Awesome, Like what are we going to do about this? And I was like, I don't know because I don't even know like what it is. I mean, the only thing that I could tie it to was us bringing our son home from the hospital. But like, it doesn't make any sense, and I was like kind of, you know, when we were just kind of talking about it, and and you know, we just really weren't sure what the next steps were. The only thing was that we were just kind of upset about what was going on and the potential, you know, the fact that it was now potentially a safety issue, you know, for our child. And that was kind of when I realized, I'm like, well, any indication or any possibility that this was like one of my you know, loving grandparents or something before, well, now we definitely know it's not one of them. You know, that just kind of verified it. So, you know, we didn't really think too you know, we we were kind of like we didn't really know where to go from there. And then things kind of fell into place where the realization really started coming over us. Because so about a year before I even had my son, you know, kind of to rewind a little bit about a year before I had my son, you know, my parents are now empty. Me and all my siblings are out of the house. We're married, we have kids. My parents are now like kind of you know, alone in the house that we were raised in, and now they're trying to like get rid of all the stuff in their house now and kind of like give us the stuff that we used to have when we were kids, and you know, they're kind of like pushing it on us now where they're like, take all our stuff now. So about a year before my son was born, and we were over at my parents' house and my mom was like, hey, I've got this box full of like old board games that you used to have when you were a little girl. Do you want them? And I was like, yeah, sure, whatever, why not? And she brings out like this box of board games. And included in this box of board games was my old Ouiji board, so like I know, and you know, the typical like old nineties, you know, og board. And I was like, okay, thanks, and I put it in the back of my car. And when we got in the car, my husband was you were not bringing that Weuji board inside the house. And I was like, oh my god, it's fine, don't worry about it. He's like, no, I don't want that thing inside the house. I don't like that stuff. Don't want to associated with it. No, thank you. So, you know, we we get home and me being me, I totally forget about this box of board games in the back of my car for literally an entire year. Like I don't. I'm not. I don't really drive that much. I've actually worked from home full time for the past three years, so even when there's not a pandemic going on, I don't really I'm not a commuter. I worked from home.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: It was one of those things where I just kind of kept I kept forgetting that it was in there. Like I would be like, oh, you know, floating up groceries in the back of my car, and I'd be like, I should bring that inside the house over again. Yeah, yeah, So I just I just totally, yeah, totally kept forgetting about it until right before my son was born. We were kind of doing the final preparations for getting, you know, a baby into the house, and we took a child care class, and you know, a lot of that had to do with safety, and they said, I mean, it's good to to kind of put in to practice anyway, but especially if you have a child in your car, you should take out anything that isn't tied down, because God forbid, in the event that you're in an accident, anything that's loose in your car could become a projectile, which makes a car crash even more dangerous, especially to a child who doesn't have reflexes. So that's what we did. Me and my husband went into our car and we took everything out, you know, coffee mugs, cups, tools, like, anything that was in our car that wasn't like nailed down. Essentially, we you know, brought inside. And that included the box of stuff and the Ouiji board. And again I listened to my husband and I was like, oh, I'll I won't bring it inside the house. We'll bring it inside the garage. And again, you know, then I went into labor and my son was born, and again kind of forgot about it. And it wasn't until like one night again, a couple nights after the whole burpcloth situation happened with my son, where my husband he kind of like walked in the room and he was like, hey, when did you say all this stuff started happening? And I was like, like, right after we brought our son home from the hospital. And he's like, you mean when you brought the Wigie board inside the garage And I was like, oh uh yeah, oop, yeah, you're right, and he's like he's like, oh, my god. He's like, we need to get rid of this. This is ridiculous, Like you need to get rid of this. And I was like, okay. I was like, let me talk to my friend again, the same girl who was you know, who is kind of well versed in dealing with these kinds of situations. And I was like, I want to make sure that we do this properly, so let me talk to her, let me see what we can do. Because then I started getting really freaked out, like what the hell did we invite into our home with this thing? And That's the thing is like, even though I've had that Wuji board for a long time, I don't really have any like specific memories of ever really using it, you know, Like I mean, I'm thirty two years old, so the last time I probably used it was over twenty years ago. I don't know, maybe they did at some point, who knows, but you know, I yeah. So it's like I'm like, I don't really have any scary memories of it or anything like, oh man, remember that one time we used the Ouiji board and you know, such and such happened. So but I I mean again, it's like it is possible that you know one of my siblings used it, or I mean maybe my parents did use that. I have no idea, but it's like that was the only thing that we could think of being attached to the house.
Speaker 1: So did you get rid of it or.
Speaker 2: What was that?
Speaker 1: Did you get rid of it?
Speaker 5: So that's kind of the funny part is after we so when my husband was like, you think it was the Ouiji board, and I was like, oh, no, I think it might be. I actually later that night went out to the garage to throw something away because that's where we keep our garbage bins and we also keep We don't really park in our garage. It's a little bit too small and we like my husband has like tools in there and a bunch of other stuff, so which is kind of a we just park in the driveway. We don't park in our garage. But in our garage we have my sons stroller and on the stroller we have this little portable fan that we use for when we take them for walks and if it's a little bit hot outside, well, I walk out into the garage and this fan on my son's stroller is turned up to full blast, and this thing is like, you know, it's one of those rechargeable fans, and it doesn't have that long of a battery life, so it's not like it was going all that time because it would have died out. And I walk back in the house and I'm like, hey, husband, did you turn the fan on our son's stroller? And he was like why and I'm like, oh, no reason, and I was and he's like, oh my god, what is going on? And I was like, it's on full blast out there right now. I was like, you better not be messing with me right now, even though I knew he hadn't been out there and neither of us had been out there. And he's like, oh my god. And he's like, I don't like this stuff. I don't like this stuff. This is why I don't like this stuff. And he's just like and I'm like, okay, all right, well, good to know that you didn't do this. All right, awesome? And that was very scary because it was almost kind of to me. It was almost like a message of like, yeah, I know you talking about me where I came from.
Speaker 4: And I was just like, oh geez.
Speaker 5: Well, So I kept saying to my husband, I'm like, I'm like, let me do this the proper way, you know, because that's always how people get into trouble with wigi boards in the first place, right is they don't close out the board properly or they don't make their intentions clear. So I was like, let me make sure I do this the right way. Well, the next day was garbage day, and my husband was so sick of it that he took the wigi board and he threw it out into the trash before he rolled the garbage cans down to the curb for the garbage man to come back up. So he took care of that problem because he was just like again, he's just he's very serious and he's just kind of like no nonsense when it comes to that stuff, and he's like, I don't care, Like now this thing potentially like knows and he's like, I just I don't want it. I don't want it. So the next day, when I found that out, you know, I did, I did sage the house and kind of talk out loud and just say like, hey, you know, we don't want you here. If you're a bad spirit, you know, GTFO. If you're a good spirit, sorry, but we don't really want you here. Either no more, yeah, right, like get out, goodbye. And you know, I will say, thankfully, that really kind of seemed to take care of it. We haven't had anything weird happening at all, you know that that's that seemed to be the trick that kind of ended it.
Speaker 4: But yeah, super weird and that.
Speaker 5: Was this is actually it was our experience.
Speaker 3: This is very validating for me because I don't know if you ever heard me tell my story like this, but you know, I acquired a Ouiji board that I never used, and things like this were happening around my place and then I just threw it away. And when I was in the thick of it, I didn't know what to do, and I also was I wanted to make sure I did it the right way, and I just decided ultimately, I mean, I was your husband in this situation, and I just threw it in the dumpster and everything luckily ended.
Speaker 1: So I don't know, maybe sometimes that works. Maybe that's all you need to do sometimes.
Speaker 5: Right, Like it's almost like the physical action of like tossing it and just being like nope, don't watch you here, Like maybe that maybe actually works. There's a ghost in my house.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, how are you?
Speaker 5: Is this Peter?
Speaker 1: Yes, it is Peter, my first person from Australia on the show.
Speaker 2: Really first one.
Speaker 1: Yes, I'm honored. Thank you for waking up so early.
Speaker 2: No problem at all. Seem so excited to do this.
Speaker 3: Me too, so I want to hear about Okay, you sent me two stories and I was absolutely blown away by especially the Wiji one.
Speaker 1: But let's do. Let's do the first one, which is your family home when you were young. Yes, what happened there?
Speaker 2: So I was about thirteen twelve, thirteen years of age and we bought our parents for their wedding anniversary screen security doors for the house. As you know in australia's very hot in summer, and it's very good to have these doors. Security doors attached to the house. Then you don't need to close the main doors so you can let the breeze through. But my mother never ever wanted to lock them, so they were security doors. She just felt safe. One night we'd gone to our auntie's house, we returned back to our house and the doors were locked. My father hadn't locked them, my mother hadn't locked them, neither had my brother. So well walked down to the back of the house, and my brother's bedroom window was opened and just the jar and he climbed through opened the doors, and of course my father went in first, checking all the rooms to make sure we hadn't been burgled or nothing was unsavory there. My mom went to her jewelry, my brother went to his record collection, and I just walked through the house. Or the house was lit up because my mother turned on all the lights. I walked into my bedroom and I could see someone laying in my bed. I couldn't physically see a person, but I could see the shape underneath the blanket, and for some unknown reason, I just jumped into bed and formed the same shape as that shape.
Speaker 1: I know, you said, some unknown reason, but what I don't run.
Speaker 2: I know you think I think I should have ran, But for some reason, I just I don't know where.
Speaker 5: I just did it.
Speaker 2: I wasn't scared. And then all of a sudden, my mum walked past the bedroom door bedroom, and she said, what are you doing? It's too early for bed, and I just stood up out of the bed. I was She said, oh my god, you're so pale. I was shaking. And then that was it. It just left me. Whatever happened. I just felt normal again. And I guess because I was only thirteen, I didn't really understand what was happening, so weird. That was yeah, that was fine. My mum just laughed it off. I did tell her and she just said, oh, you're seeing things, You're just imagining things. So that was fine. The next night, it was a Monday night, I recall it clearly, and my sister and her husband had come over for dinner. Were all in the kitchen preparing the meal, was about to serve it up. I was making the sauce, my brother in law was carving the meat, my sister was doing vegetables or my mother was doing vegetables, and we're all in the kitchen area and then all of a sudden, the fridge started to vibrate and make a noise. We all sort of looked, and then all of a sudden, within inside the fridge, we could hear things being moved. So my brother in law went to open the fridge door and he grabbed the handle and it just wouldn't open, and he was trying to force it, but it wasn't budging. Then suddenly the noise that came from within was just like a mini hurricane or cyclone was inside the fridge. We could hear bottles clanging hitting each other, We could hear things falling over, we could hear liquid beings splashed. We could just hear this terrible, terrible grapp No, it wasn't it. It was like a groaning noise, just a midst of all these bottles and other noises from the things inside the fridge. We all just stood there in amazement. My brother in law couldn't open the fridge, and then suddenly the fridge just flew open and nothing was a miss in the fridge. Everything was still perfectly How was before this noise?
Speaker 3: WHOA, That's like an magic trick.
Speaker 2: It really was, because if you could hear the noise, like we could hear bottles smashing, we could hear it. The four of us were standing there, we could hear the noise. We knew something was happening in the fridge. It was like there was an earthquake. But I mean, we don't get earthquakes in Sydney, so it was just bizarre. And we just were so shocked by it that we couldn't talk, and we just continued preparing the food. Walked to the dining table started to eat in silence, and then my mother bursted out laughing, and that just broke broke the air.
Speaker 1: Did she believe you then about the maybe four?
Speaker 2: No, no, not at all. She's a very hard woman. She doesn't believe in anything like that paranormal. And you know, I hadn't ventured into it. I didn't understand. You know, of course I watched horror films, but I didn't really into anything two years later, so I didn't really understand it, and I just dismissed it.
Speaker 1: So did things continue to happen or was that the end of it?
Speaker 2: That was it two days, the Sunday and the Monday, and that was it in that house. Nothing else happened.
Speaker 1: So do you what do you think like triggered it was? It was the doors or what was it?
Speaker 2: I don't know because my parents had actually built the house, so it wasn't as if, you know, someone had died in there previously or anything like that. I've read that. You know, it usually does happen to females, but when they're thirteen years old hitting puberty, poltergeist can come into the house. Yeah, maybe maybe it was some pulter I don't know, because as I said, it only lasted two days, and.
Speaker 3: Maybe it was just a ghost that was like tired, laid into your bed. Then it was like can I'm hungry, went to your fridge, and then it was like here, these people don't even.
Speaker 2: Believe in me exactly. That's probably be more the truth.
Speaker 1: So tell me the Wiji story.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is a big one. This was many years later. I was living in London and my friend and I had left London to go live in Spain, and then we were suddenly oh she was she'd applied for a job and back in London, but we had already gone to Spain, and then they called her and asked us to return. So we returned back to London. We had nowhere to stay because we'd given up our apartment, but our friend she was house sitting and she said, come stay with me for a few days until you get back on your feet. So she was living in black Fries, which is in the heart of London, and it's in the city district. It's just high rises, not apartments, and that's about There's not much going for It's on the Thames. It's quite stark, gray, not a very attractive area. And so that night we'd gone out drinking as you do, celebrating that we'd come back to London. We turned back to my friend's apartment and she said, let's do a seiance. She had previously done one with me months and months before, so I was still extremely skeptical of sciances. So she made the reagible, just cutting up letters and the words yes and no and numbers. We've got glasses. She felt she knew what she was doing, so she might say the Lord's Prayer, she licked candles, she had the correct music on. She felt like she knew what she was doing, so we started. She started asking if anyone was there, and nothing was happening at first, and then all of a sudden, the glass our three fingers because it was servius. The glass was moving to letters two letters at a time, for example like PK, JD T Z. Just we couldn't understand it. Then. I can't remember which one of us thought. We said, are they initials? And the glass very strongly moved to yes. So sometimes the glass would move around the table and it would go to someone and for some reason, like I just knew I had to ask questions so we This was going on for half an hour, and then we gathered that all of the people that were coming through, because it was crazy for that first fifteen minutes, that it was a black death. People had died here because of the plague. And when we said that, the class automatically went to yes. So we all right, that's fine, we know someone had people had died around this area hundreds of years ago. My friend who's Spanish, she spoke Spanish because people came through and she just had the feeling that she had to speak Spanish. I for some reason, I don't know why, I felt I had a new not a newborn, but I had a baby in my arms, and I asked this this was a baby, and it said yes. It was just bizarre, like so many entities or spirits were coming through. And then suddenly the glass went to our fingers on it went to fog. Keep spilling the word from and of course we're laughing, oh, yes, you know the fogs always in London, Jack the Ripper Times, blah blah blah. So we were just sort of laughing it off. But the glass kept going fog. F I do very very strong, and with the three of us all taking fingers off the glass at a time just to see the other one wasn't pushing it, and then suddenly the glass just flew off and hit me in my chest. It was only like a little glass, but it just shocked us all. And then we said, okay, let's stop it now, so we My friend said what she had to say, she'd get out of the seance. I was, of course shaken just why the glass had hit me, so we went to bed. I had a sleepless night, obviously because I was just wired by what had happened. So I did get up at about six in the morning. I thought I would make the girls breakfast, so I had to go to the shops. So grab the keys, walked out of the building, and then realized that, you know, this is in the city. There's no shops around, so I had to walk quite a few blocks till I found something. And I came across a CHAOSK sevent eleven sort of shop and it was selling had like a petrol area to drive in, and then the shop itself. So I walked in there, grabbed the little basket, thought I'll get some breakfast producee and then I heard loud popping sounds, so I thought it's weird noise, and I looked at the window, couldn't see anything. There was another woman in the shop. I saw her pop her head up over the aisle and looked out the window as well. So we heard about four three or four pops, very loud pops. So that was it. We didn't say anything. Then I came to the checkout and she was in front of me, and she was a older woman, and she had ten cans of cat food. I just remember she had all this cat food. So she put it up on the counter. The main scanned it or whatever he did, wrung it up on the register, and then suddenly we heard the pop noise again and the door opened up right in front of us. This man just stood there and said help, and we looked at him, and then we heard another pop and then we saw blood splatter in the back of his neck. He fell down. We sort of dragged him in and then understanding, oh my god, this is gunshots and you know, this is London back in the early nineties, which was unheard of, well for me, yeah, tourists living there, and so we dragged him in. I saw him go from a normal color, just to pale. He just went so pale. And then we heard this noise of a car, and the woman who was buying the cat food, she yelled out to the shop assistant get the license plate number. So we're trying to can't this man down because he's sort of not knowing what's happened. Then he stood up and we're yelling at him to lay down in case, you know, the guvernment's still out there, and then the shop assistant yells out two. He was recite reading the license plate on the car to fgive four. And from that moment it's a bit of a blur. I've tried to understand. I know the man left. He wouldn't stay in the shop with us. He was covered in blood, but he walked back out. He got into a car and then he drove down the road. Unfortunately he crashed it like about you know, a minute later, because you know, he was bleeding so severely. The shop assistant said to us, guys, I'm calling the police, but if you want to stay, you can stay. If you want to leave, get out now. So I thought this is a best thing for me to get out. I don't remember paying for the goods but I must not because I had they were put in a shopping bag. All I remember is getting back to the apartment block, and by this time it must have been seven am. They had a dormanon and he looked at me and he said, are you okay? And that's when I realized, like I came to, I can't remember walking home by just getting back to my senses. It was when that dorman said, they go okay, and I looked and realized I had blood on me, and I said, oh, yeah, I just saw I helped someone in an accident, walked inside to their apartment, and that was it. Just the shock hit me. My friends had were awake there having coffee. They were trying to tell me, we're trying to see what had happened to me, and I couldn't make sense because I was just, you know, upset and shaking and just just in shock. So they gave me a drink of whisky to calm me down, and then I told them the story and we all sat there in disbelief for hours until we went back. I said, let's go back to the shop so I can see this really happened, because for some reason, it was just too paranormal to weed to unreal that you know, I had been given these letters the night before and then this major incident happens in my life revolving involving these letters.
Speaker 1: It's so crazy, it is.
Speaker 2: So we went back to the shop and the guy agreed. He said a drug deal that had gone wrong of some sort, and you know, the I had crashed the car and that was it. It was on the news that evening because you know, guns weren't a big crime. We weren't a big thing in London at the time, so it was on the news. And yeah, I don't know if maybe one of the bullets were meant for me, if I'd walked out the shop a minute earlier, I could have been hit by a bullet, if the spirits were trying to tell me something, I really don't know.
Speaker 1: Wow, either way, it's an incredible story.
Speaker 2: Honestly, when I tell people about it, they just in shock. I don't believe it, but you know, I have witnesses and I just can't work out why, Like why, what was the purpose of it? Yeah, you know, I'd love to find out, but we were too scared to ever do a sounce a getting that apartment block.
Speaker 1: I'm sure. Hello, Hi ros Hi Annie? How are you?
Speaker 6: I'mkay?
Speaker 1: How are you so good? Where are you?
Speaker 4: I am in Dover, New Hampshire.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Well I was reading the email you sent me and you were talking about some haunted house you lived in.
Speaker 1: What is going on with that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: So I grew up in a house in Rochester, New Hampshire. It was built in the seventeen hundreds. It was actually built before the town records, so we're not even sure like exactly how old it is or what happened there. Yeah, exactly, but yeah, yeah, had lots of spooky stuff happen when I was growing up and even as like a young adult.
Speaker 3: Well so did your family live there, Like were you born in that house or did you move into it later?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: No, I lived there my whole life up until like my early twenties, so it was like.
Speaker 1: Kind of always known that it was haunted.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean my parents would say like that my sister and I were imagining it, but like I totally believe it was.
Speaker 1: Oh so your parents never experienced it.
Speaker 6: I mean they they say they didn't, but I mean my mom was there one time when we heard stomping in an empty room, and she called for my dad, who like came and confirmed that there was like nobody in that room. So like, I don't know, I think I think they just didn't want to believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, so what are some of the things that happened to you?
Speaker 6: Oh so my sister and I both heard like a little girl's voice pretty frequently, like she'd be like talking or singing.
Speaker 1: What would she be talking about?
Speaker 6: Oh, we we didn't hear any any like actual words. We just hear like from the other room, Like.
Speaker 1: Well that's enough. That's enough for me be terrified. Was she singing? What was she singing?
Speaker 6: Like like generic creepy child horror movie sing sings me things?
Speaker 1: Oh god, So did you ever see her?
Speaker 4: I kind of had a funny experience in my twenties.
Speaker 6: I was sitting by this tree, this maple tree that I really liked, super old, big tree, and I like closed my eyes and like I envisioned like this like maple tree, little girl, like kind of fairy creature. So I don't really know what that was about her, if it was just my imagination, but I was I was like, maybe there's something to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could be. What was this that happened during a slumber party.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so that was really creepy and a lot of my friends remember that. So we were hanging out in my bedroom. This was like in middle school, and we were sitting by this like creepy little closet that I never used, and we just heard, like from the other side of the door, knock, knock, knock, and we all went completely silent. And then we heard it again, knock kN knock, and we were so spooked we like ran downstairs. I think we ended up sleeping downstairs that night.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, people think that three knocks are the devil.
Speaker 2: Ooh.
Speaker 1: I did not know that that's what people say.
Speaker 3: I mean people that believe that route they think that demons do three knocks because it is kind of their way of I guess you.
Speaker 1: I guess what I've been told was sort of like they're making fun of the Trinity?
Speaker 3: Is that what we would say, the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit. It's like, there, that's what I've heard, but I don't know. That's just what paranormal TV shows tell me.
Speaker 1: But it did it seem like it was something evil.
Speaker 6: I think at the time we thought it was like a demon come to get us. But like, after I stopped being afraid of like spirits, I was kind of interpreted more as like a playful kind of thing. Like it was like a group of girls all hanging out having fun, like and if there was a little girl's spirit, I imagine that she maybe would have wanted to join in on that.
Speaker 1: How many girls were over? I think it was around three see three three girls, three knocks?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do you think it was it at three am? Because you know that, but that would just make it perfect.
Speaker 6: No, it was it was probably like around nine thirty.
Speaker 1: Oh so it was still early.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Interesting. What about sleep paralysis there?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, so that used to happen to me all the time and it's never happened ever since. But yeah, there was one night my friend and I were sleeping in our living room and I had sleep paralysis that night and felt like a force was like trying to take over my body. And that same night, my friend said that she saw somebody like walk by the door. And then we were so freaked out when she like mentioned it and we realized that we were the only people there that.
Speaker 1: Night, So who was that?
Speaker 2: Was that?
Speaker 1: Also a little girl or somebody else.
Speaker 6: Well, she thought it was my mom, So I think it must have been like, you know, tall enough to be a mom.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: I was also reading that you were telling me about what your sister had had some experiences, what happened with her with a plush toyeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so she acknowledges that this might have been a dream, but she just remembers it like it actually happened when she was really little. Her stuffed animals like became illuminated with like a glowing electric blue light and started dancing around her room.
Speaker 3: I mean, so I didn't mean to laugh like at her, but that's just that's kind of a cool visual.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it could be worse.
Speaker 3: But then I was then I was reading more about what you were setting me, and then you're talking about you saw something blue too, You saw an electric blue gritting face.
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so that was like in my twenties. I opened my eyes and I just saw this like glowing blue face like hovering over my face, smiling at me. It kind of looked like a like a jack O lantern face, like the eyes in the mouth where the were the only things, and they were the ones that were glowing, and I was just like and then I was like, well, I mean I've made it this far and I've only had like good experiences, so I'm sure there was just some cheeky spirit coming to creep me out a little.
Speaker 4: So I just went back to sleep.
Speaker 1: So what do we think? How many spirits do we think are in there?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I it seems like a girl, a grinning face, a mom height.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I don't know, because like I did have times where I was like uncomfortable, like all the times we had sleep paralysis, but I think there was a lot of times where I felt like very comfortable and like there was a lot of good energy there.
Speaker 3: So, but you guys don't know the exact history when it comes to like people dying there or anything like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: But is your family still there?
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 6: Unfortunately, my mom sold the house a couple of.
Speaker 3: Years ago, and so she never really had an experience other than that stomping.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's right. She's she's like a tough broad though, so I feel like even if she did experience something, she'd be like, oh, it must have been the wind.
Speaker 1: But one if it's like a face hovering over you when you're sleeping. She's like, Oh, it's just the wind. Yeah, right, crazy. So had you had any other experiences?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just remembered when that was really scary. When it happened, I was like I was in middle school and I was home by myself for some reason, and this was probably in the evening, like I don't know, four or five o'clock, and this was back in the day when we had answering machines or yeah, without the phone ringing. The answering machine like clicked on like somebody was leaving a message, and like creepy, heavy breathing started coming out of it.
Speaker 1: That's spooky.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, that's what I don't understand.
Speaker 3: If this was like seventeen hundreds ghosts, I never understand how they can do, like how they know how to do an answering machine, right, I don't know because I've seen those videos on YouTube where it's like kids trying to figure out what an answering machine is or a VHS tape and they can't even figure it out. Yeah, I can imagine like a seventeen hundreds ghost trying to figure out how to do that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe it was like a seventies ghost or something.
Speaker 1: It could be. But when when did your parents move in there?
Speaker 6: They moved it.
Speaker 4: Eighty seven, I think eighty eight, so.
Speaker 1: We don't know. It could have been a seventies ghost. Yeah, I've been ghosted too.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much to Kathleen, Caitlin, Peter and Annie. That was truly a good one. So again, please go to patreon dot com. You can see that video of me showing you guys my drag closet and I'll do all kinds of random videos from now on. So you just let me know what you want me to do a video about, and you know there's a good chance I'll probably make a video about it as long as I can keep my clothes on or maybe not.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Whatever you guys want. Times are tough, I'll do anything at this point. Also posted today is that exclusive bonus clip from today's episode, and you can find that on the second tier of my Patreon. You can find me on Venmo at Queen Roz. You can find me on Cameo at rozdres Fales. Please join our Facebook group Ghosted by Roz dres Fales, which is a great place to leave your ghost stories. And I always want to do these listener episodes every month, so please send me your ghost stories at ghosted Bye Roz at gmail dot com. I love you all, both living and dead.
Speaker 1: But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me on a podcast network.