Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. Cowboys blowing out of the backfields, exploding down the sideline. He is Hanging with the Boys, presented by Windstuff where Flavor gets its wings. Now, your hosts Nate Newton, Kurt Daniels, Jesse Holly and Shannon Gross, Welcome to the show Monday.
Speaker 2: You're looking live at Tostitos Championship Plause outside Ford Centert, the Star of Frisco, where it is eighty six degrees it feels like ninety one and the Lodonnite is sixty eight degrees.
Speaker 3: That is Shannon. He is Nate, This is Kurt. I am just Jesse. Together we make Hanging with the Boys the sports talk equivalentle Broille. People fee us.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: First off, they feel they feel you.
Speaker 5: Direct this to you.
Speaker 2: Do you think I can do a whole show without talking to my co host?
Speaker 4: Because I'm mad at y'all and you, Yes, sir.
Speaker 5: I'm mad at both of y'all.
Speaker 6: Okay, let's talk about This segment is brought to you by Wingstop.
Speaker 3: What Flavor gets his We allright, he let's talk about.
Speaker 5: Talk me Okay, Yes, this will be good. This will be a grad a good therapy session. Feels good. Come on, only good feeling. I'm gonna get out of the show today.
Speaker 3: You got you got a bard.
Speaker 4: Let's go. What's the problem is just.
Speaker 5: One both of y'all? You too, you my boy, but I got problems with both of y'all.
Speaker 3: One's ability show.
Speaker 5: To this accountability.
Speaker 2: Y'all told me there was nothing to worry about it in this game.
Speaker 5: We're good. We're good. We're good. Y'all told me to not tap the brakes.
Speaker 2: Let let it ride, Let ride.
Speaker 5: I invested, I ate the cheese, I drank the kool aid, and here I am on Monday morning after the Cardinals game. Oh my god, what happened? I'm gonna give y'all a chance that y'all built this up and we just smooth. Not a trap game, not any of this.
Speaker 4: It was not.
Speaker 2: We got out coach, we got out played, we got out assignment.
Speaker 5: What happened? Explain yourselves?
Speaker 3: I want you to.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 6: This is account of This is accountability of Monday, and we'll start with ourselves. Here's what I'm not going to ever do. Okay, I'm not ever going to not talk.
Speaker 3: I'm never going to do that.
Speaker 6: Believe as long was the Lord gives me a voice box, I am going to use it.
Speaker 3: If you can't, we'll get some brail. We'll get some brail. We'll get brail.
Speaker 4: You up.
Speaker 6: I am not, never, ever, ever, not going to trust what I see on film.
Speaker 3: That's just as you shouldn't.
Speaker 6: I've been at this thing as a player, as an analyst for far too long. Yes, yes, I know what I saw on film this game. Yes, no, no, no, both, I know what I saw, what we were on film. I know what I saw what they were on film. Now, Kurt even saying now, what happened on Sunday was a total embarrassment.
Speaker 3: It was deplorable, It was inexcusable.
Speaker 6: Everything they did, everything that they wanted to do, and that they did on film. Problem is, we didn't do anything that we normally do that I saw on film. And so when they had an opportunity to run the football for two hundred and twenty five yards, they did it.
Speaker 3: They did it.
Speaker 6: They didn't beat as much in the passing game, I mean except for one time, and we just go, hey, hey, this guy that's that's in the slot.
Speaker 3: I'm just I'm just gonna pass him off to someone.
Speaker 2: Else out there that ain't there, that ain't there, for six babies that ain't there.
Speaker 3: It's covered another s word. It was covered.
Speaker 4: Cover three and everybody else was a cover one. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So now, hats off to the Arizona Cardinals, right, this is why you play the game on Sunday. But yet, and still there was nothing that they did that was not available.
Speaker 3: First of all, we get into the red zone. We go one for five in the red zone.
Speaker 5: That's a problem officially.
Speaker 6: If we go one for five in the red zone, city lamb. Come on, now, I've been I've been, fight for least, fight for the football. That's a touchdown there, you know, we get a sixty one sixty to fifty something sixty one yard pup return for a touchdown on a on a on a holding call. I mean the penalties over one hundred yards and penalties, So could we have one?
Speaker 3: Should we have won this game? Yes? Did we win this game? Absolutely not?
Speaker 6: In all credit goes to the Arizona Cardinals because nothing that they did was a surprise.
Speaker 4: For what I saw on film.
Speaker 7: It wasn't a surprise.
Speaker 5: Then why it happened.
Speaker 7: Yeah, did they eat the cheese?
Speaker 6: We just for whatever, We just had guys doing We had guys who normally don't do dumb stuff. Dude, jay Ron curse was all over the place and nowhere in the right place. We got our We got our, We got our. We have one of our nose tackles who he two gaps over and the where he's supposed to be.
Speaker 4: They got beat up.
Speaker 6: Run the ball right out the middle Linebackers can't get off blocks. I mean, guys, just guys. Not for so many questions, Like, there were so many things that went wrong in this game, and it just felt like every time they tried to like all right, we're gonna figure this out, we're gonna figure this out, another mess up, another screw and then you felt like, offensively, all right, here we go, here we go, we got something.
Speaker 2: Going holding yeah, holding, no momentum.
Speaker 6: There was every time you it was it was self inflicted wounds. And I don't want to take anything away from the Cardinals. The Cardinals did a fantastic job and what they wanted to do. But I mean, shoot the second player the game, first player, the game. You let Michael Michael bit the cheese on the fake. Let the dude just run right around them forty forty one yard. I mean there were a count there were a plthoro of things, a number of things that the Cowboys did wrong in this football game that gave them no chance to beat anybody, to beat anybody in the National.
Speaker 5: We'll get to those in a minute. You would care to explain.
Speaker 2: Yourself and number hold yourself to me, Yes, sir, you let me down.
Speaker 8: Yeah, man, I'm still hyped about this Cowboys. Okay, but the one thing, and y'all can hold me to this, because the only thing happened to the Dallas defense is what's been happening.
Speaker 4: He last year, the year before the year.
Speaker 3: Oh, I thought we just drafted a guy in the first round the Stone.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no, no, sorry.
Speaker 3: We resigned the guy. We resigned another guy.
Speaker 6: We brought him back that was supposed to Oh okay, this is the problem.
Speaker 8: You you took the genius out of the game, and that was your coach you took. You took Dan Quinn out of the game. He is great when he can get you one dimensional, whether it's run, our pass, he is great. But when you can do both and teams are hyped up about it, and then they're finishing in the red zone. He becomes just an average guy, just like everybody else.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, and uh.
Speaker 8: Jesse did a great job at explaining it about Curse and the the guys. Once they thought they had one issue resolved, there was another one. They physically, they physically beat us up defensively. I'm gonna maintain this in the whole year. If the strength is our defense, games like that cannot be played. They this should be the first in the last game of anything over one hundred and fifty yards rushing. Because listen to me, because the other teams that we're gonna face, the other teams that we're gonna face, if they rushed for one hundred and fifty yards with the talent that they do have, we're gonna be in some We're gonna be in.
Speaker 4: The world hurt.
Speaker 8: Now, we were sitting up here, we upset, were all mad, and I'm rightfully so. But they did a number on our defensive line. Our offensive line was stable. It took some ugly hits, but they were stable enough until they got into Like Jesse, you said, the red zone one for five. If we're gonna play the strength is gonna be our defense, and the head coach is gonna still try even in the game he's running the ball, giving our defense our opportunity to get over there or Jess and to make some plays. Our defense is gonna have to give us field position a lot of the times.
Speaker 4: A few turnovers a lot of the times.
Speaker 8: And you're gonna have to do that against opponents that are coming up that are better than the cognals.
Speaker 4: The cognitives are and will be who we think they are this year.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they got some young players, Rundell Moore, who's gonna get better. They gave us a look out of the backfield with them. I think Michael Wilson to get better to wide receiver, even though we gave him that big run, that big catch on him, blown assignment. If we're gonna play to the strength of our defense and we're gonna think that, this is what's gonna told us. If we're gonna be talking about Michael Parson every week, that is what's got to happen. You gotta make teams one dimensional.
Speaker 4: We did not do.
Speaker 8: That, and it showed up last year and it's showing up the one loss we've had early in this season.
Speaker 4: I'm still hyped about.
Speaker 8: These Cowboys, But are we mature enough as a football team to understand what happened?
Speaker 4: And it's cool, it's cool to say, Hey.
Speaker 8: It ain't but one game, we're gonna learn from it. You've been saying that about teams that have been coming in here running over us.
Speaker 4: He said it all last year, you said it the year before. When are we gonna really stop the run?
Speaker 2: Oh and don't think you ain't getting a healthy dose of Zeke coming in here this week on a mission to show Look what Kurt, you want to explain yoursel I'm at you too, just because you're in the middle of.
Speaker 7: These Yeah, I'm just guilty, but association.
Speaker 3: Of Yeah, don't let this do. Don't let this do. Separate working, dividing conquerors. You just you know what, we were wrong this time. We were just wrong this week. That's okay?
Speaker 7: Was this the case? I mean we talked last week sometime that you got to earn the right to have a sack party?
Speaker 4: That's right?
Speaker 7: Did they they earned that right? That did they? Were they being over there? Seemed like the Cardinals took advantage of their over aggressiveness.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, is that is that.
Speaker 7: How they're going to be attacked going forward.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna tell you what the book out let me. Let me say what over aggressiveness is. It's like you gotta tackle two tackles. You got defensive events. These are defensive vents, and these guys are fast flowing. You get everybody going this way and then they'll cut back and go the other way. Well, when you take a man and physically pick him up and move him, and.
Speaker 7: They were doing that some of the stuff I was reading, they were they had Parsons kind of he was being aggressive.
Speaker 3: That were dobbs.
Speaker 7: That first run, I mean, Parsons busted in and they went outside. That forced Parsons to maybe, you know, take a step back or hesitate, and then they started going right at him.
Speaker 4: That was one play. That's one play.
Speaker 7: See what about everything I mean they did, They seem like they sort of you know, Parsons does what he did. But I saw some guys didn't dominate like he has the other I.
Speaker 8: Saw some guys on their backs. I saw some guys tangled up with some guys. See, it's one thing if I'm I can't even give it now. It's one thing when you quick and you get around somebody real quick, and you going somewhere and they going the other way. But it's another thing when you trying to figure out how to get off this dude, how that.
Speaker 3: There were a lot of times where guys didn't get off blocks.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm saying, like linebackers, defensive linemen, and when you start, when you when you.
Speaker 3: When you're talking.
Speaker 6: About the trench warfare, Okay, you're talking about a physical battle in a foxhole. I think that's the amount of space that you have.
Speaker 3: You don't There.
Speaker 4: Isn't yards that separate, yes.
Speaker 6: Right to where even if you go the wrong way, there's time for recovery. Everything happens right in front of your face. So when you, as a defensive lineman decide that I'm going to take a side, and you don't take the right side, like the right meaning not right or left, but the right side, correct gap, these guys just wall you off now and the running back cuts off that. When you see those those running backs they come and they bounce over a hole, that's because they you didn't got you didn't, Okay, cool, I'm just gonna bounce over.
Speaker 3: A hole and get up it.
Speaker 4: Colors just flash, and.
Speaker 6: So instead when when when you're in that, when you're in that that that that warfare. That's what makes it so physical, because I now either have to dominate you by recreating the line of scrimmage or I have to dominate you by pressing you back and then now being able to get off a block and get to the ball carry far too many times in this game. And it's evident, and and I'll show you guys clips of it through it and where guys were being physically moved. Guys were jumping, like literally jumping out of gaps and then they were just like okay, cool they were you talk about your your dual or your deuce where they were on one guy and impressive pressing press and then the lake he comes off, boom gets the linebacker and it was like a domino effect where you thought the linebacker was trying to scrape over the top and he ran right into that guard. Or those tight ends were double team. I mean they they they had a plan and executed it to perfection. And the Cowboys did themselves no favors by being more finessed in flash than physical. And when you're down there in that trench in the trenches.
Speaker 7: Arizona's not supposed to have a real good offensive line. So what's his saying going forward?
Speaker 8: See that's where they got you with number four rundewn Moore when they put him in the back for he went what forty five yard touchdown? Go back, go back and disapproved what we've been discussing here.
Speaker 4: Go back and tell me to me. That was a kind of slight draw play where.
Speaker 8: The quarterback got the ball, came up with it, showed you, and then put it down to him.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like a draw. How is that missdirection?
Speaker 8: When need to go up the middle of the field, he went up the middle of our field? Is that? How is that? That was a touchdown? How is that miss direction? You saw him, you had a chance to tackle him. How is that miss direction?
Speaker 4: How is when.
Speaker 8: Number six Connors come to our right side running to help develop the play while their office line moving out over line, All of a sudden, the tight end just wipe out everybody. He jump outside and go about fifteen yards. How you see him?
Speaker 5: You're reading your keys?
Speaker 4: How is that miss direction? Well?
Speaker 8: What's not happened is a lot of guys go out to get PFI and Bobo, Sol Joe and all of these guys, and they tell you that instead of you just getting all twenty two and looking at the film for yourself.
Speaker 4: So now, if you're not going to look at the film, then I can tell you anything.
Speaker 8: So but I choose to tell you the truth, Jesse, to choose to save you the truth?
Speaker 4: What do you choose?
Speaker 5: Kurt Balance.
Speaker 6: I wish somebody I would have with somebody to show us violence someday.
Speaker 4: I just feel bad because that's what I thought the Running game.
Speaker 3: That cookie looks like the Cowboys defense. Give me, give me a single nothing, nothing about you?
Speaker 4: What that cookie mean?
Speaker 3: All that looks like something like my dog throws.
Speaker 5: Looks beautiful though it doesn't ugly.
Speaker 3: It doesn't.
Speaker 6: It looks like literally it looks like something mamba would throw up. Wow, yeah it does.
Speaker 4: It looks like what type of cookie is.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm not so upset, because I'm gonna eat this in the break and I'm going to enjoy it, and I'm going to decide whether I'm talking to you all the rest of the day or not.
Speaker 4: If if if.
Speaker 3: I do us a favor, what do us a favor?
Speaker 5: What do not talk to us?
Speaker 3: Not talk to.
Speaker 5: We'll see when we come back, We'll hanging with the boys.
Speaker 9: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let your kiero, but You're one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiro's fresh flavorful, ready to serve guacamolea made with real half avocados, will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo Kiro's wide range of mouthwatering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section. Grab some today.
Speaker 10: Star Sports Tours is the only official fan travel partner of the Dallas Cowboys, offering exclusive game weekend travel packages with pregame, sideline access and photo ops with current players, cheerleaders, and Cowboy legends. You want to stay at the team hotel, attend the best tail game party in Texas, tour the Star and talk x's and od's with me Everson Wallas. With Star Sports Tours, you can visit cowboystravel dot com to book your travel package today.
Speaker 11: See if geek has your back no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So, whether you're a diehard fan or a dog reory care fan, we got them next time fan, or we'll never win again fan. Here for the tailgate or a first one through the gates fan. The Sea Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So, whether you're a here of a week fan or haven't been here in years fan, Seed Gig has you covered. Download the seat geek after the seed geek, you're a ticket the great Dallas Cowboys Seats.
Speaker 12: How's Wingstop sound christy juicy classic wings, made to order, cook to perfection and sauceed tossed and those eleven soul satisfying flavors paired with handcut, seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard, blue cheese or signature Wingstop Ranch, and of course spicy Cajun fried corn. I think you've heard enough, get your flavor delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 4: Back to Hanging with the Bulls.
Speaker 5: Welcome back Hanging with the Boys.
Speaker 2: The second segment, each and every day is brought to you bly blotch bly bly dot com.
Speaker 5: Thank you blockchain dot com. All right, so thanks the cookies.
Speaker 2: Actually, really it looks it tastes better than it looks. I know, you fan, it's like blue throw up, is what y'all say. You know what it looks like those that like this stuff you put on your eyebrows to the wax, the blue wax.
Speaker 4: That's what it looks like.
Speaker 6: It looks like this looks like smurf bloo boo, like a like a smurf.
Speaker 5: Well, thanks for owning it.
Speaker 6: Like Chipotle a smurf had Chipotle impuked induced.
Speaker 2: Oh still taste it. I'm still gonna eat it. Well, thank you for owning it and explaining yourselves. And I'm gonna do like Nate says, You're not gonna win every week. You're gonna You're gonna lay an egg every once in a while. It's just I think, starting the season like we did, and you were so dominant, and you.
Speaker 5: Everybody's got you in the top two or three.
Speaker 2: In the league as far as teams, and then you play a team that everybody I think in this building thought had nothing and they beat you and you can't stop. They are imposing their will on you, and you're watching it and you're going not again and not the same way again that I mean, this goes all the way back to the playoff game in the coliseum. That's where it started when they got old dude off the couch the week before and he ran for two hundred yards against them. And it's like they hadn't been able to stop anytime a team.
Speaker 4: With Eric Dixon. He cut us up.
Speaker 7: So you think this is just the norm, Huh, They're just gonna have to can they pick? Is this an out?
Speaker 8: Liar?
Speaker 2: Is just a game where every aspect you you lost in every asquestion.
Speaker 8: Next three opponents and there'll tell you Patriots forty nine ers and by and what all of them can do win that, what all of them can do?
Speaker 4: Run?
Speaker 8: Okay, we gonna reason. I'm saying, I'm not finn worry about this one game.
Speaker 4: Here, go figure it out. Figured it. By the end of this three game run, we either will be like.
Speaker 5: Uh oh or we're good.
Speaker 4: If we just listen to name, maybe we can get past second round.
Speaker 3: You know, when you look, you're gonna figure this out.
Speaker 4: I'm down with this. The man. You're gonna know, bro, when you.
Speaker 6: Look at the like if you just look at the raw stats, like if you didn't watch the game at all, right, right, but you probably shouldn't know, right, but you you look at like you just look at ross Tats Cowboys offensively thirty three carries, one hundred and eighty five yards, five point six yards.
Speaker 5: Give me that every week?
Speaker 6: Right if you coverly paste that and say, hey, I can give you this amount of rushing yards every single week.
Speaker 4: I take it.
Speaker 3: You take it, right, you take it. Everyone Everyone will take their time of.
Speaker 4: Possession and time of possession.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's crazy, right, And then you say, now do I like that throwing the ball forty times?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 6: It's never been a recipe for success for the Cowboys, but in this particular game, when you're down, but then if you go, okay, two hundred and fifty yards, you know, give or take in a touchdown, you probably want another touchdown. This game came down to to me, red zone efficiency one.
Speaker 3: For five cannot go.
Speaker 4: I don't care. It's the key.
Speaker 6: I don't care who you're playing. Because the Cowboys did not have an issue twenty to twenty. They didn't have an issue there. It's when they got in the red zone for whatever reason.
Speaker 5: And that happened.
Speaker 4: They out the first two weeks too.
Speaker 7: They puttered out, it's everything, it's everything, it's every detail.
Speaker 5: How do you fix that?
Speaker 4: Can you?
Speaker 6: Can you practice? Can you keep practicing? You keep working? You you make it a point of emphasis.
Speaker 2: So do you chant your practice schedule to have more time for red zone?
Speaker 3: You can practice? You can't do that? Yeah, yeah, you can make the practice whatever you want it to be.
Speaker 2: I mean, hey, offense, we're just working red zone from here to here.
Speaker 6: You you can, and as a coach, you now have to go back and reevaluate your red zone packages?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 6: Are these working for us? Is this efficient enough for us? How can we get better versus the opponents that we're going to play because that's where it's going to be at. But okay, so red zone efficiency got.
Speaker 3: To be better than us. That's one. Okay.
Speaker 6: You cannot cannot have thirteen penalties for over a hundred dogs.
Speaker 3: You can't.
Speaker 5: That was awful.
Speaker 6: You cannot every time you turned around, whether it's pre snap, whether it's post snap, you cannot have over one thirteen penalties and one they said the play that we did was better than the penalty to do y'all gave us we decline, so would have been fourteen penalties. We don't even want the penalty. You guys can absolutely have it. And then you know, of course, defensively, you can't give up two hundred rushing yards.
Speaker 3: You just can't.
Speaker 6: There's no way that you're going to be able to compete in the National Football League with these three things that happened to you.
Speaker 2: Speaking of penalties, what I was in a place I couldn't hear what happened on that past interference.
Speaker 6: They called it in zone right, and then they picked it up for whatever reason, it was past interference.
Speaker 3: It was passing affairs. Yesterday's passing afference.
Speaker 6: Today is passing affairans on Tuesday, on Friday, and next Sunday. For whatever reason, they picked it up computer. I'm with you, I'm with your computer. New York got it out for us. Troy Vincent called down and said, picked the flag up, I'm with you, I'm with your computer.
Speaker 3: That's absolutely, you know, a passing affairs. But again, if.
Speaker 6: We're if we're in a place where we're depending on the ref to get the calls right for us to be successful, I get it. They're supposed to do a job, but make the play right, make make the plays when you're supposed to be making plays. You you you can't shoot yourself in the foot, and that at that rate, that.
Speaker 4: Hold on you.
Speaker 8: You misquoted yourself. You can't blow your foot off.
Speaker 3: You just can't.
Speaker 4: You can't.
Speaker 3: Man and and and you know.
Speaker 8: Brother, let me say, y'all, sir, they said, when you get this bad, yeah, you just gotta laugh.
Speaker 3: Specs the liquors, specs to spects, the looks.
Speaker 4: Get with you, like close your door to your eyes. You come out there next week, that's good.
Speaker 5: Next week.
Speaker 4: I ain't gonna join you, but do your thing.
Speaker 5: Hey, how how was the offensive line?
Speaker 4: There were guys that didn't.
Speaker 2: Start and that didn't look like it had a ton of time.
Speaker 5: But they look like they really good run blocking.
Speaker 4: They to me, they did.
Speaker 8: Tony Parlat did an excellent job. They trusted in Tony. He did excellent job.
Speaker 4: And it still comes down to what Jesse named. First.
Speaker 8: All of that was great, but until we got into the red zone. If they could have just got two scores, we win this game.
Speaker 7: At that point, were they not good enough, not strong enough?
Speaker 4: Just one strong enough?
Speaker 8: They were out scheming us uh and they were executing see it's one thing to oh man, the new personnel and this that and the other. Uh, they the one of the two times they use the more kid coming out of the backfield, the little quick tosses, and they just had a package therefore us that we wasn't respecting on defense, they had enough on their offense to make it happen.
Speaker 7: Offensive line once we got the red zone.
Speaker 8: Really no, they didn't pay attention to detail. They we couldn't run it in. These guys were getting up. These guys were getting up the field. Our offense a line was getting.
Speaker 4: Knocked back a lot.
Speaker 8: But what they were doing is trying to stay on their blocks even though they were getting knocked back, even though they wasn't getting great holes, even though Tony was kind of hesitating picking his holes. You know, they just just refused to give up. They're gritty group, young guys. Bass was at your right guard.
Speaker 5: I like what you saw.
Speaker 4: I wish you could have replaced the left the left tackle, but.
Speaker 7: I didn't have him playing guard and Tyler playing left tackle.
Speaker 8: Now I think I think Tyler want to go home. Tyler want to play one position.
Speaker 6: Now, let me say, can I say something about Tyler Tyler, Tyler Smith, Do I'm talking about Tyrant?
Speaker 3: Yeah, talking about Tyler or Tyrant?
Speaker 7: I was talking about, Oh, Tyler.
Speaker 8: I just didn't like, you know what, I don't like and I know you have to do this in New NFL. But if you ain't gonna play man, don't well Okay.
Speaker 6: So the one thing, the one thing about this is any National Football league, you gotta address the least offensive right. So whatever you were going to choose, I figure, I guess he was the closest.
Speaker 3: If an emergency.
Speaker 6: Happened, which could we not say close it was it was close, It was close to you know what is break the glass on this thing. But you got to dress out that is that is NFL rules.
Speaker 4: So I guess out.
Speaker 3: Of hate, out a heat to promote guy right.
Speaker 5: To promote from the practice squad.
Speaker 4: So that's why he did it.
Speaker 6: So I'm I'm guessing he was the healthiest of the three if emergency happened. I like you, guys, I'm like, I don't know why Tyler didn't bump out to left tackle and let too much say.
Speaker 3: That right guard left guard.
Speaker 13: But but think about it this way, Jesse. This thing happened on Saturday.
Speaker 4: His injury.
Speaker 13: So you're gonna move a guy that hadn't been practicing out there all week, and at least the other guy was practicing out there. Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it makes sense. But swing, I don't leave him home.
Speaker 4: Leave him home, and it is one game. Leave him home. He good, That is good.
Speaker 8: I think that the office line was only the issue when they got in the red zone. They were part of the issue in the red zone. That because if you could run it in ain't no issue.
Speaker 4: It is no issue.
Speaker 8: If you can run the ball into the end zone, that there's never gonna be an issue because everything works. But when you cannot run, when you just can't line up. I got, like I told him last night, I got.
Speaker 4: The perfect play.
Speaker 8: It's called Lord left, Lord right two tight ends your old line.
Speaker 4: The full back number forty eight, what his name? Lips?
Speaker 8: Get full back getting some touches Tony and Tony Pollard that your tail back? Are you the big Donald says? He says, he runs with so much violence. Lord, you gotta double on the inside.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 8: We scrape off to the linebacker and we let the full back clean what's ever hanging out there? And let Tony take it on in now either big Donald, that's start with this fancy stuff. When you inside the two his load left or load right.
Speaker 2: I'm telling you all right, we're gonna take our next break when we come back. Not only did the team make Jesse a storyteller, I'm not gonna call you a liar because you're not a liar.
Speaker 5: I'm not a liar.
Speaker 14: You're not.
Speaker 4: I'm a lot of things.
Speaker 5: You're not a liar.
Speaker 4: I'm not a liar. I agree.
Speaker 2: That's why I'm you choosing my worst carefully.
Speaker 5: The team did that?
Speaker 2: Did you dirty? This certain did Also did you dirty too? When we come back on the last second, hanging with the boys, tune in definder.
Speaker 4: They had to be.
Speaker 15: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and.
Speaker 3: They snapped the pres scout who looks right, it's not there. He escaped slaft. He'll one full per style.
Speaker 15: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 9: Prescott's gonna run this himself run it up the middle and he scores.
Speaker 15: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 15: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 3: How's wing Stop sound?
Speaker 12: Christy juicy classic wings made to order, cook to perfection and sauted tossed and those eleven soul satisfying players paired with handcut seasoned fries, housemade honey mustard blue cheese or signature Wingstop Ranch and of course spicy Cajun fried corse. I think you've heard enough, Get your flavored delivered at Wingstop dot com.
Speaker 11: See Geek has your back, no matter what kind of Cowboys fan you are. So whether you're a die hard fan or a dog really care fan and we got them next time fan or we'll never win again fan Here for the tailgate fan or a first one through the gates fan. The seat Gig not only makes buying and selling tickets easier than ever before, they made just about everything else easier to So whether you're here fan or haven't been here in years fan, see geek has you covered? Download does see Geek after the seed Geek You're a ticket the Great Dallas Cowboys Seeds James.
Speaker 14: Right here, you're twenty twenty two Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. If you know how much I love my Cowboys, and I am thrilled to be talking to you about the twenty twenty three Fan of the Year Award, presented by Captain Morgan. We're looking for the ultimate Cowboys fans to spice.
Speaker 16: Up the game.
Speaker 14: That means you eat, sleep, and breathe the Dallas Cowboys. If that's you, or if you know someone like me, then go to Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year and you could win tickets to Super Bowl fifty eight and so much more.
Speaker 16: Enter today, back to hang in with the Bulls.
Speaker 5: Hanging with the Boys each and every day.
Speaker 2: It is brought to you by Jigsaw, the official dating partner.
Speaker 5: Of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: All right, before I tell Jesse who who let him down?
Speaker 5: Or I actually didn't let him down but tried to.
Speaker 3: My dad, I'm gonna say he came back? Who dug him up?
Speaker 5: Okay, man, is this team still good?
Speaker 4: Yeah? We're good?
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, we're good.
Speaker 4: This is just a bit. I'm telling you. I'm one sided. I'm when we know that. No, I'm talking about defense, I am one sided. What does that mean that?
Speaker 5: Explain yourself again.
Speaker 8: We ain't going no further than with our defense taking us. You can get all the rest of on the other side of the ball. The other side of the ball is a work in progress. Really, until the office line get to be offensive line, they are work in progress. You treated just like you treated Dak injury last year. With three linemen out. You don't know how they're gonna play week the week. You treat it just like you treat that. Be safe, be smart, caters to defense. This gonna go down on the defense. That's how this is gonna go down. With Michael Parsons, this is gonna go down. Uh Gilmore. I've never played corner in my life. I've never faced the speeds you face. But I would take like three steps back, a little fucking back.
Speaker 4: Your job.
Speaker 6: Lots of stuff you guys remember reporting that in training camp. I said, as long as give more, keep everything in front of him, he's fine.
Speaker 5: Fine, And they would add it.
Speaker 3: Man, when you gotta run with it, that's that's the one thing that he struggles with.
Speaker 6: When you gotta open up and run with DJ speed speed stirs in the National Football League when he got it.
Speaker 3: It's tough. It's tough when you gotta through that hip, open and run. He's know that.
Speaker 5: Hell, but I mean from a fans that I know.
Speaker 2: The fans are like, do this and fire this, and do this and make this trade and go do like. Look, man, look it's three games in. This is not gonna be the last dud they throw. Either they're gonna throw one or I hope.
Speaker 3: They don't like this, but they're gonna lose.
Speaker 5: They're gonna lose another game.
Speaker 6: You lose to the forty nine ers, understandable, if you split with the with the Philadelphia Eagles, understandable. You can't have these loose. You can't have these No, no, no, the philip Stop Philly is a good football team.
Speaker 4: No, it's not.
Speaker 3: Yes, they are. Stop don't do don't do this.
Speaker 5: That you're gonna say, Miami points up.
Speaker 14: Sure.
Speaker 8: The reason I'm saying this the reason to stay with me. If you ain't hyped up to play the forty nine.
Speaker 6: No being hyped up and that don't take away from them being a good football team.
Speaker 4: But being the best you can be. This is this is your This is your fault.
Speaker 15: Man.
Speaker 3: I get it. But but losing to Philly, this.
Speaker 4: Losing Blen is doctor pussy man what James, No, he talked to Puy against Spider Man.
Speaker 3: That's not Mark. I don't know all that Marvel stuff.
Speaker 4: I don't know all that marble stuff. I'm not Kurt. I don't know.
Speaker 2: We're all getting I can't think to look look at take care about your spelling.
Speaker 5: Get flagged.
Speaker 4: They don't call this dude out because he got a bunch of tentacles.
Speaker 3: You know, they do call him.
Speaker 8: They do.
Speaker 3: There, Kurt, doctor what doctor op op O p P, doctor o p P.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna tell you something, man, you can't have these losses and the Cardinals are not good.
Speaker 4: You can have losses, you don't want it to be open up old wounds. You can have losses. You can't have this is saying there. You know you lose to what's called about two or three points? Are you something freaky happening? You lose it. I understand what you're saying, But now is the time.
Speaker 8: This is the year, if we if we're on the same page what you've been preaching before this disaster happened. This is the year, man, This is the year that you say, hey, okay, we beat the forty nine ers if it only by a field goal. This is the year we go to Philly up there and we beat them, and we beat them convincingly. You know you can't like case in their division. Everybody, Ah, man, you better watch out. Casey's the division. Oh it's jumping until they play Casey in case he went by three here, by seven here and sometimes even bout ten.
Speaker 4: Show you the Dunberne. But you know what that's that's maturity.
Speaker 8: That's what I'm hoping that this two hundred and twenty five yard I'm over with Jonathan Hankins. I'm hoping Osa and Galla Moore sitting there saying, no, man, not again, not this would not you gotta almost put what's the kid?
Speaker 4: Pray for the University of Florida.
Speaker 3: Chi Floyd.
Speaker 4: No, this would never happen again, promise you.
Speaker 5: But when you when you rather this, when you rather this game happened now?
Speaker 16: Then no, no, no, no.
Speaker 6: But if it's happen, you're not supposed to Cardinals, you're not supposed to lose.
Speaker 7: But it.
Speaker 5: Happened, wouldn't you rather it happened now? Later in the year it already happened.
Speaker 9: Run.
Speaker 3: The thing is this the thing that is absolutely true.
Speaker 6: I don't want this like like this is a game, whether it happens now and or later can come back to bite you in the buck.
Speaker 3: You cannot lose the football teams like that. But they did, I know, And so we move on. We we we we figure out.
Speaker 6: What happened because some things went wrong. What happened, and then now you're doing this, you make an emphasis on how to clean those things up. The Cowboys haven't been an overly penalized team this season, right, So I'm looking at this to say, you know what, that's a one off. The Cowboys have been a really good team up front. Yes, we've had struggles in the past in the run game, but for the most part, you stopped sakuon Barkley. You stopped Breist Hall and Dalvin Cook, two teams who heavily rely on the run, who have probably, if not equal to, or better than offensive lines.
Speaker 3: Then the aras on the Cardinals, you didn't do it this game.
Speaker 6: So I'm looking at those things and say, Okay, any given Sunday things happened. It happened, but this has to be rectified immediately. This can't be something that carries over and have a hangover for two or three weeks because these things will then compound. It will compound, and you can bet your bottom dollar next week against the Patriots, Bill Belichick is going to check under the hood to see if you right it, you're wrongs, to see if you worked on the things. And Bill Belichick has absolutely no problems stealing or borrowing or whatever you want to do from the team that he saw do it beforehand.
Speaker 3: Well, hell, if it worked for the Cardinals, why not try for us?
Speaker 6: And they see and see how that and see how that works out as far as the running game. But you can't have these type of losses.
Speaker 3: You you can't. You can't, you don't want to. It happens, It happens.
Speaker 6: But the things that happened in this game outside of the red zone, I do believe that is now an issue for the Dallas Cowboys. Penalties have not been an issue, and earlier in this season running the football against this football, they eliminated Briest Hall and Dalvin Cook, they eliminated sa Kuon Barkley, so it looked like they had fixed the problems. It reared this ugly head in this game. Now, if it happens again next week, sound the alarms, Sound the alarms.
Speaker 9: Good.
Speaker 4: Good?
Speaker 2: Are these fixable problems the things that happen.
Speaker 3: It's not like, oh, we're the red zone. I don't know.
Speaker 7: We got to carry carry over because a lot of these problems we saw last year. It's just a clean slate, all new theaters or yeah, it resists like last year. The Cowboys were one of the leaders in penalties last year. They couldn't stop the run last year.
Speaker 6: You know, it's but I want I look at what we've done this year, and I know it's a small sample size. Early in the season, the first two games that we played, we did. We weren't heavily pizels in those first two games. For whatever reason, we were this Sunday, those first two teams, we would all say collectively that those two teams that we played, the Giants and the Jets want to do one thing, and one thing, well, they want to run the football, and they didn't. They couldn't against the Cowboys, and they opted to do something else and got both of their quarterbacks head knocked in the dirt. The Cardinals, who, by the way, their head coach comes from Philly. So he has very very well recognition of what the Cowboys can and cannot do, or what they can and cannot do, what the canon cannot do very well. I think he went upon those things in his old Philly days said here's where some of the ways that we can hit them. I mean, Gann is very familiar with Michael Parsons, He's very familiar with Dan Quinn and how they want to do things that doesn't We probably probably look past that, but that doesn't go unnoticed when you have these games and when you can try to find an advantage, whatever that advantage is, you try to find it. But I think this Cowboys team as a whole, I'm not ready to punt on this team. I'm not ready to punt on now. I will say this because football is very fluent and we like to be an honest and upfront show, and things change from week to week. I came in here two weeks ago and I said that Michael Parsons might be the best football player on the planet.
Speaker 3: Take it back, I take it back. He's now lumped in the group. He's not above TJ.
Speaker 6: Watt, he's not above Nick Bosa, he's not above Max Crosby, Miles Garrett. I think they're bunched together in the group that I'll say that there was a conversation that Cowboys were the best team in.
Speaker 3: The NFC over Philly in the Niners, they aren't. Not this week they are not.
Speaker 6: I think the Niners at this point in time is probably the front runners of being the best team in the NFC, followed by Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: We'll see what We'll see what Philadelphia does tonight.
Speaker 6: I said you got it before I thought that that that Ceedee Lamb was getting ready to knock on that door get into that elite category of receivers. Yet you know what I saw last night. I saw Davante Adams be a elite receiver. I saw Tyreek Hill be an elite receiver. I saw Keenan Allen do some elite I saw those guys step up and play some elite moments. I saw Ceedee lamp out yesterday, not just the one play all game. Just didn't look like he had any energy. So guess what you you ain't you? Ain't you you on the street, you on the curve, you walk, you're walking back to the door, but you ain't quite got there yet. So now guess what they come out againsting Patriots and things change. I may change my tone next week because football is fluid like water, like Bruce Lee said, and that's how I feel today.
Speaker 5: It's like Nate said, I mean, it's a small sample size. It's three games.
Speaker 2: Let's get through the He's next two, Let's get the Thanksgiving.
Speaker 4: Because these guys gonna make you the next two games is gonna say a lot. You're gonna right now.
Speaker 5: It's kind of like, are you what you were the first two games? Are you what you were this week? Get through these next two weeks.
Speaker 2: You have a pretty good idea of what this team is. And real quick before we go, a guy that tried to like throw your whole everything we talked about on the show last week is almost like it.
Speaker 5: You shouldn't have even.
Speaker 2: Talked about it, Michael Gallup, your guy that you said they were.
Speaker 5: This just really wasn't fitting. It showed up. Where did that come from?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 11: He did.
Speaker 3: Name the three routs that he ran. Don't worry, I'll tell you tell me. Goes, slants, and stops. They ran his routes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they they've ran his routes and and he he he excelled in the route that he's really good at running anything else and he wasn't really good at but slants, goes and hit stops MG thirteen all day. Yeah, and he showed up ninety something yards receiving needed it. Good for you, MG yeah, good for you.
Speaker 16: Brother.
Speaker 5: All Right, so we're not we're not on the cord yet going Oh my god.
Speaker 6: Freaking Mike, we gotta be better on the red zone, baby, freaky Mike. We gotta get into your creative back Brian Schotthamer. Freaking Mike, get get together.
Speaker 4: What your what your rocket?
Speaker 5: We gotta get But do we have to get together to be better this week? His his Mike's gotta.
Speaker 3: Get freaking freaking Mike.
Speaker 8: It's the red zone, red zone, red zone in our defense after brother defensive run.
Speaker 4: Man, we don't. We don't spend a first round pick on a big cake eaton and he ain't.
Speaker 7: We spent the first round pick playing charl snaps.
Speaker 3: M let me not say it because I'm as you can. You guys know this is positive jests and I'm.
Speaker 2: Not coming it sounds like somebody talked to you before the season started. Man, Principal office. I didn't get called in the principal's office. No more, I thought, I still do. I think this team is built.
Speaker 5: Who is this?
Speaker 4: Very well?
Speaker 15: I do?
Speaker 3: But Mazi, come on, baby, we spent the first flick on you. Come on, Come on, baby, come on, come on. More than what we gotta do.
Speaker 7: Three things Jesse said. No, not the run, red zone.
Speaker 4: See this over here, the Holy Trinity right here.
Speaker 5: A I'm gonna give you all. I'm gonna give you all a past son if I tell you what.
Speaker 2: If y'all talked me into getting on this Cowboys trained again this.
Speaker 6: Week, I'm gonna trust what you've seen on film. If y'all are not going to trust that, all right, we'll pull you out what. We'll figure out what that is later this week, because I'm done with y'all. If y'all talked me into something again and this happens, I'm done. Yeah, so much to be out on my I'll be out on an island by myself. Y'all have Nate, I'll just move over here and so.
Speaker 3: Much this show.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you something, Cowboys, that's.
Speaker 5: A little bit good stuff, good stuff.
Speaker 2: Don't give up yet, don't start trading everybody and fire.
Speaker 4: How about the ball.
Speaker 2: We're gonna slowly talk you into by Friday being Cowboy fans.
Speaker 5: If you ain't, you ain't riding, We'll get you back on the good side.
Speaker 3: Don't tweet me. We need to have Zike, Becke and Reds on Russia.
Speaker 4: Don't don't do that.
Speaker 2: Please, were good, We're good, all right, good show fellas, Chris, thanks for keeping us on the air with me tomorrow at the same time, same place.
Speaker 5: We'll take some calls.
Speaker 2: If you guys are wanting to blow this thing up, call us and tell us if you if you're if you're still on board, tell us fan feedback Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Just repeat what Jesse said. You'll be okay, You'll be okay.
Speaker 5: Whosa husa. All right tomorrow, same time, same place.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.