Speaker 1: S part to UH training camp the first two days. UH A lot of.
Speaker 2: Energy and the way the guys are flying around, and I think that's definitely a great start for us defensively, UH pretty much trying to pick up what we left off in the spring.
Speaker 1: UH.
Speaker 2: Communication is always the key early on and really trying to avoid uh the mishaps right here for its miscommunication. I think the guys are doing the outsetting job number one of communicating to one another and as you can see being out there, UH flying around and getting to the football.
Speaker 1: So UH with that, I'll take you questions. H.
Speaker 2: How's the acclimation process going for you?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Coming in here with UH basically a holdover staff UH and just learning things as you go to UH.
Speaker 2: I think that's the key thing that you just said, is UH having an open mind to learn. You know, been around quite a bit, I've done a lot of different things, but UH it's not my way as the forty nine ers way. So easy transition from the spring to now and just trying to continue to build onto the things that we've uh stopped was in the spring.
Speaker 1: I sure like that here sooner than later.
Speaker 4: But in the meantimes, is it helpful to get a chance.
Speaker 3: To get a better look at some of those other guys who are kind of chocking position around him or beside him.
Speaker 2: I I it's a long season, and uh, you're always gonna have guys step up and have to play. I go back, and I look at the spring with the opportunity that uh those other other corners had with Money not being here. Uh, he had opportunity right now for uh Amory to get better. He saw Demo progressing, getting better. So I agree totally. You know, it's a change for you know, Drake to step up along with Austin Bryant and uh a lot of other guys.
Speaker 3: See, I I get the sense that Kim Law's got some momentum going.
Speaker 1: What are you seeing from him?
Speaker 2: Well, y, you know from day one, I've I've been talking about, you know, Ken Law and his progression.
Speaker 1: Uh. He stayed here all summer.
Speaker 2: Uh, dedicated himself for us, trying to continue to get his body right. Uh.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Mentally he's in a great spot and just a love the way he's playing, violent hands up front, getting off the ball, and the way he's turning and running and getting to the football is amazing.
Speaker 1: I know. Uh, Kyle showed one of the players in the.
Speaker 2: Team meeting this morning with him just coming out of the stack as we call it, and I'm just excited right now and just uh looking for him to have a great year.
Speaker 1: You our great appear to have a sack at one point. What makes him so difficult to block, particularly on passways?
Speaker 2: Uh, pad level, very explosive, a low center and gravity to the ground. He has a great quick first step coming off the ball, and he's very powerful defense.
Speaker 4: But yeah, pretty back pick your y defense picks 'em all r right away?
Speaker 1: Is there had energy when when party's bad? What what does the defense pick up against?
Speaker 2: Well, Uh, I think it's it's great energy. Uh across the board. We we know what he can do. We know what he was able to establish last year. So uh, guy's feet off him. You know, just my perspective. I I've seen all those guys progressing get better trades. One a tremendous job back in the spring as well. But perty does bring U a level of excitement.
Speaker 3: Yesterday who fung up made a play And Kyle said he'd have to go back and watch the film on the pass break up on the depault figure.
Speaker 1: Out how we got over there. What happened? What did you see on that plant? Uh? Great read, good anticipation.
Speaker 2: You know, we always teach those guys it's not so much where the quarterback is looking when he's dropping back, cause when he get to the top of his drop and he did a tr he he did a tremendous job really reading the quarterback's eyes anticipated had a great break and also understanding the formation. So we always say the formation is talking to you. Gotta listen with your eyes. So it's certain things that he saw pre snap right that gave him a jump on the ball.
Speaker 1: You talk about wanting to yuh cut down the explosive.
Speaker 3: Uh in the secondary all if you went up trying to go over the top of those times today?
Speaker 1: Uh, how was that working? How was it all tied together? Uh? It's time together.
Speaker 2: Just everybody understanding that I'm gonna make my play when the opportunity comes that. Uh, if they catch something inside and in front of us, it's not gonna beat us. You know, we gotta line up and play again. But we can't give up the big play. And you know we talked about that day one when we came back. You know, the Miami game was something that I talked about, uh and showed clips from last year. In the first play the game seventy five yards, So, uh, we weathered the storm there, but we wanna make sure we're not giving those up.
Speaker 4: So, uh, shall your brown get a a first team rep? And then he immediately came off the field.
Speaker 2: Uh are y are you.
Speaker 4: Doing that to give him specific looks against you know?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Is it thick alignment?
Speaker 2: Not not so much that you know, h we just got him in the rotation and and really uh long term, also trying to take some pressure off you know Gibson, you know, who's a seasoned veteran, and uh, we're looking at the long haul and and making sure that he's he's there at the end of the season, but also opportunity for those young guys to progress because again, at some point in time, we're gonna need him.
Speaker 4: Well, I was just having a a veteran like Ibsen and not CD's help that.
Speaker 2: Group just develop us.
Speaker 1: Uh. It's great.
Speaker 2: You know, we had some veterans that that left us, uh that were great players for us. But and uh, with Gibson being there, Uh, it's been a tremendous boost for us. You know, uh, God that's been around quite a bit can really be that vocal piece extension of the coach in that meeting room as well as the locker room. You know, you know Huff third year, but he's progressing and he's starting to learn and come along as well. Uh So I like his leadership in the way he communicates out there as an goal for you as or uh I he does because number one, he controls a lot based off formations and the communication that the nickel has to talk to the linebackers, particularly when we start getting motion and things that that are changing. So uh, we emphasize that the other day that you know, he has to be vocal, he has to take control, and he's done a tremendous job of that thus far.
Speaker 1: Well has has played outside so recently did you.
Speaker 4: See him blames and all sizes.
Speaker 1: He gives us that flexibility.
Speaker 2: I I think, you know, uh, the rotation that we have outside right now I think.
Speaker 1: Is pretty good, pretty deep.
Speaker 2: But uh, you know, you never wanna get to the situation where injuries come up. It happens, but he gives you opportunity to be able to go outside and play right now inside man, I mean I probably probably never been around a a a group like this on defense, particularly up front. The talent level that we have. Uh, yeah, see he plays three you know at times right there we can put him at you know, the the two ey and the nose as well.
Speaker 1: But uh, he's pretty effective. We just have the three technique.
Speaker 3: Armstead was saying yesterday that he's not really a real overly vocal R guy.
Speaker 2: You know, Nick pos is pretty low key and dead man.
Speaker 3: John Hargrave is a really amble, hardworking guy.
Speaker 1: Is there like a a s a presence in there that this kind of guy.
Speaker 3: That serves things up or I think they said it's up as the.
Speaker 1: Way we play. You know what, what do you see about that front seven? The sites? That's what I was a great echo.
Speaker 2: I I think, you know, the way they play speaks speaks volumes. You know, our vocal guys, Fred he's gonna get everybody going from the front and the back.
Speaker 1: So, uh, the the.
Speaker 2: Way those guys play up front, uh speaks speaks loud, you know. So Uh, I want them to continue to play hard, get off the ball, and do the things that we're asking them to do.
Speaker 4: What's been your impression of just seeing Fred and that energy you know in the first two days of camp when that things are maybe a little.
Speaker 2: Slow, and you know he's beating that vocal Uh again, he just brings the juice. I think it it It excites the uh the defense.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I I I go back and I think about a guy like, uh Thomas Davis in Carolina.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know that Fred's.
Speaker 2: That guy, you know, Uh, very vocal, but also his play is phenomenal.
Speaker 3: But if you've m you mentioned that the the guys at the front are unique in terms of how they played. They have really been around a group like that. You look at your path and other different stots. Is there anybody that they mind you of in terms of the group?
Speaker 1: Right? Well?
Speaker 2: Well, I I mean I don't like to compare, you know. Uh, that's the that's the thing with me. I think these guys are unique.
Speaker 1: Uh. And when I say it, n haven't been around a group like this. That's what I mean. A group. I mean, we got we have depth, you know.
Speaker 2: And it's not when one guy comes out that you feel like, Okay, we're gonna drop off.
Speaker 1: No, not at all.
Speaker 2: So Uh, the depth that we have across the board inside and out. Man that that's what I'm talking about. IVE never been around anything like this, so, uh, we've done a tremendous job starting with you know, with John and Kyle, you know, building this roster and and getting us the guys that we need to.
Speaker 1: To to uh play and succeed with. So I'm excited about that, right.
Speaker 4: I apologize, uh in advance for my questions, but.
Speaker 1: Uh you never had a side. Shall say that again, I'm sorry, Well.
Speaker 4: You know, apologize for my question in advanced who you adurs and your stories we have to write so here it comes. Are you or any family members members and the coaching staff that you know pretty jacked up?
Speaker 2: Or Taylor swith Well, I would say this, Uh My wife was pretty upset, uh cause she's back in North Carolina right now, so she was pretty upset the matter of fact that she wasn't gonna be able to go to the concert, so she thought about flying out here and yeah, so I'm not a real big fan, but she was definitely upset about it.
Speaker 1: Alright, appreciate you guys, take care. Thank you.