Speaker 1: You are listening to What in the Winkler and iHeartRadio podcast. Welcome back to another episode of What in the Winkler. I have a very special guest today. We're just running down the whole family today. I have my younger baby brother, Max Winkler, director, extraordinary, showrunner, producer, actor. No, I'm not an act Okay, dad, husband, dream human anything else.
Speaker 2: No, you can keep going though. I like it.
Speaker 1: An excellent friend.
Speaker 2: Thank you, You're welcome.
Speaker 1: You're a really good brother. Honestly, thank you, so thanks for doing this with me today. My pleasure really happier here.
Speaker 2: You're so happy to be here.
Speaker 1: I'm excited. This is going to be fun because we've definitely had like an evolution of our relationship. Would you say we were always deat We've always been close, but how would you describe our relationship as kids and then our relationship now.
Speaker 2: It was contentious as kids at times, because I think you feel like we had very different childhoods, where I feel like we had pretty similar childhoods. I was just the favorite, but everything else was the same, except I was treated better.
Speaker 1: This is actually true.
Speaker 2: And I think it's probably true. And I have a few core memories about it, Okay, should I share? Yeah, I remember you being locked in the mini van with the windows cracked. Well, nanny, who I still love, who shall not be named, who was I guess abusive made you wait inside the car while we got to have McDonald's.
Speaker 1: Maybe we should just give a little background first of all, before we just jump into horrifying memories of my childhood. So what Max is saying is that we were three years apart. Yes, he is August eighteenth, nineteen eighty three. I am September thirtieth, nineteen eighty. We have an older brother that's nine years older. So when we were in when we were young, it was just us because Jeff was at college he went to Georgetown and he was so we had a nanny. I had a bit of a weight issue. I was a little chubby and Max was very skinny, and to this day is and I think that this ties into sort of like the body image situation that I will be discussing with mom. But basically, we went we would go to get a snack after school and sometimes it was McDonald's and Mom and dad said I was no longer allowed to have McDonald's because I had a bit of a weight issue, and apparently my nanny thought it would be a great idea to go to McDonald's because Max wanted it and leave me in the car as he went in and got his uh happy meal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was unfortunately. I think a lot of those things played into your narrative that we had.
Speaker 1: Oh it's a narrative, no, But I think for the most so like a glaring example, yeah, okay, but it's a narrative.
Speaker 2: Go on, no, because I think that was probably light abuse. Needless to say, I think our relationship is great. I think it was complicated, probably because you thought I had a very easy childhood, even though I clearly did not, and was just internalizing those issues which would come out in other ways and have you. I do remember some core things about our childhood. I remember a lot of fun that we had, me too. I remember playing games with you in the back of the car, pretending, you know, rating each house like a critic and saying, you know, I loved that, me too. I also remember going to Jenny Craig after Hebrew School and waiting in the car while you went to Jenny Craig. So it wasn't easy for me either.
Speaker 1: You're such a sick human, all right? Any other core memories.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember only loving you and thinking you were very cool and learning a lot about my identity and what I thought was cool through your boyfriends. And I always thought you dated really really cool guys, and I really thought your high schoolers now but I thought, no, Brandon Weaver's cool. And I love Nick Bregman still to this day. But I Brandon Weaver was your high school boyfriend who I just thought was very very cool.
Speaker 1: And actually ran into him as Sir Chow recently.
Speaker 2: He's in real estate now right.
Speaker 1: I thought he said he does like like like travel experiences, but I honestly don't know. I had a few martinis. It was hard for me to.
Speaker 2: Tell I loved I remember you dated this guy named Leo who I like went on vacation and like brought him back something from South Carolina like ju Leo DaCosta. Yeah, I thought he was really cool. I think I was like very looking for like sort of male role models and found that in your boyfriend's ohyah, tell that story.
Speaker 1: You took him to Las Vegas for your twenty first birthday. He was my boyfriend of three years and he cheated on me there, yes, with my father and my brother.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he also brought two friends to Las Vegas like that we paid for I remember being like, this feels strange that we're taking friends of this guy to Vegas and I wasn't aware that he was cheating on you. I was aware that he was securing the cocaine.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 2: It was my twenty first birthday. We were all on drugs and I ended up getting married that night.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, Yeah, who did you marry that night? Again? Uh?
Speaker 2: Her, she's a photographer. Now, she actually does very well. She is I think, a very complicated, controversial woman who was incredibly beautiful.
Speaker 1: That was that is your That was your that was your go to. Really pretty mentally ill. Yeah, controversial, that was your go to. Remember you brought someone to Jed's wedding and she spoke to cats the entire time on the island.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there were a lot of cats on the island, there.
Speaker 1: Were She would just talk to cats. At our older brother's wedding, Max brought a girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she was his girlfriend. I still talk to her.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You have a very interesting relationship past, Yeah, you sure do.
Speaker 2: So.
Speaker 1: It was very different than mine. Mine was very just like run of the mill. You know yours was very.
Speaker 2: Run of the mill. Was it run of the mill?
Speaker 1: You don't think so.
Speaker 2: I would never call it run of the mill.
Speaker 1: These memories are such great memories and also make me so grateful to be married to Rob.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm grateful for Rob too.
Speaker 1: We all are. If you could describe me in three words, then I'll do this for you. What would you? What would you? What would be three words to describe me?
Speaker 2: Sensitive?
Speaker 1: Yes, Supportive yes?
Speaker 2: And sensitive?
Speaker 1: I am very sensitive.
Speaker 2: No, I would say loyal. You're extremely loyal. You're extremely sensitive, yeah, and you are very empathetic.
Speaker 1: Those are very true, Okay. Yours would be extremely driven, a really hard worker. Yeah, and maybe driven. Uh what's the.
Speaker 2: Word when you're very like regimented?
Speaker 1: Yes? No, not regimented, Like you're very consistent, disciplined, consistent and like an extremely hard worker. And you are an amazing listener.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, thank you.
Speaker 1: You could be doing many things at once, but you are always there. If I ever call you and I'm having a hard time, which is often, you always pick up the phone and you listen to me.
Speaker 2: What is that face I'm just thinking about?
Speaker 1: I'm listening Okay, do you not agree with those things I.
Speaker 2: Think I do. I'm not a very good judge of myself. I don't. I'm not. I don't think I see myself the way that other people do.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, that's one thing I really admire about you is that you are a very very very disciplined, hard working human being. You work more than anyone I've ever met.
Speaker 2: I really like it, and you're good at it. Yeah, it makes me happy.
Speaker 1: You're really good at it. Yeah, and which is great because I had no idea what you were going to do. Yeah, So I'm really I'm impressed.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: And you've made like a whole life for yourself. Yeah, which is so I mean, you are, you know, forty one. Yeah, but to me, you're still my baby brother, and so it's crazy to see you. You know now everyone asks me if i'm your sister, which is such a beautiful thing, very beautiful.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: You're so welcome. Could you talk to me a little bit about what drew you to this career path, like what did you did? You did you because it was always wanted to do it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was very I wasn't good at very many things. I had really bad learning disabilities, had really bad add from a young age. I found reading it's extremely difficult. I found math extremely hard. I always had tutors. I always had a hard time and got in trouble in school because I just wanted to make people laugh or I wanted to walk around in the middle of a class. And I remember at an early age trying to like I was also incredibly convincing of my teachers to not like. I went to a school that was very progressive and I could ask for instead of writing an essay, can I make a movie instead? And it was just easier for me. And I loved the collaboration of it. I loved visiting Dad on the few film sets that were happening during the majority of my life that we weren't movies of the week in Vancouver, and I loved I loved like the circus element of it. And because I have such bad add it's way easier for me to be in my job than it is for me to be in like a quiet room or in any form of real life. But now I get to like show my kid that and she gets to come and visit me at work because this job I'm doing right now is so close to her school, and it like, I see because she clearly has my add I can see the fun she has for all the different departments and fun aspects of a set that I remember being like, oh, this feels fun to me.
Speaker 1: You have a three year old who is who you're talking about, and then you maybe on the way that's right, another girl, that's right. I'm so excited. And I got to be in the room when Frankie was born.
Speaker 2: You were unbelievable, I will say, like for all of the parts that can be challenging of being in your challenging the sensitivity, the unapproachability when you give a note about.
Speaker 1: Something extremely approachable.
Speaker 2: When if I'm trying to give you in the moment of wanting to give a slight adjustment, I find you impenetrate, impenetrable. Okay, but what and then you do this thing when you're in a fight, like babe, so you seem really cranky and tired, and it becomes a gaslighting and it creates a desire to perform violence on you, which almost happens.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, we many times. But but I'd like to just talk what would be like a note that you would give me that I would not be able to hear.
Speaker 2: Stop trying to control other people places or things.
Speaker 1: I am very open to that.
Speaker 2: Not in the moment. In the moment, it's who's wrong you? Why haven't Why won't they who's wrong?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: I wan't exactly, why won't they change? It's always like this, yeah, yeah, And for me, I'm like, your time would be so much better spent worrying about the things that you can control what you're doing now by having this podcast, which I'm so happy about.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you so much. Something about you that bothers me is that you talk like a therapy like you talk to me like I'm like one of your clients, but you're not a therapist. No.
Speaker 2: It's it drives my wife crazy, and I'm sure some of my friends. And it's so annoying because I hate when people do because I've been to so much therapy and I finally feel like I know nothing that I least know, like ways to not make myself go more insane, which is like expectations of people that are never going to change, like wanting them to come and pick me up from baseball practice, and like I've accepted that they're.
Speaker 1: Not coming back baseball practice.
Speaker 2: The housekeepers always did.
Speaker 1: First of all, they weren't housekeepers, they were nanny's. And second of all, like that is your big complaints.
Speaker 2: No, it's an example.
Speaker 1: I was locked in a car. Well, you went and ate French fries in my face. You had like your nanny big you up.
Speaker 2: You had a consumption problem.
Speaker 1: Wait, I just I want to talk about two things, and I don't want to forget them. So the first thing is, I want to tell the story about when mom went with you to therapy when you were young, and the story that you did with doctor Dan Siegel.
Speaker 2: It wasn't Dan Siegel, it was another one who was a guy named doctor Ross. Dad was away doing a play in New York. Yeah, Mom, I was acting out again, and my mother felt like I needed a mail presence in my life, okay, And I went to this guy and I was so pissed off that I had to have yet another therapist and another after school activity to like keep me off the streets.
Speaker 1: You're such a nightmare and.
Speaker 2: From like drinking and smoking and being like just totally missed, like an idiot. And so my mom sat with me and told him and I said, you know, the thing that I want to work on in therapy is when my mother continuously comes into my room without her clothes on while I'm sleeping in the night and claps around the house like a whirling turfish like, and my mom started laughing, and the doctor was like really concerned and was like, Stacy, that was a lie are me? It was total alive. I was just trying to not have to come back.
Speaker 1: I think that that's the funniest story. Something I was thinking about. Like, we've talked about ways were different, but are there ways that we're similar? Do you think?
Speaker 2: I'm sure you can't think of what.
Speaker 1: You can't think of one way that we're similar. You're sensitive too.
Speaker 2: I'm very sensitive in a different way.
Speaker 1: You act out in a different way like you act out. Your sensitivity is in a different way. But you're very sensitive.
Speaker 2: Too, very sensitive. I think we think the same things are funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think we both have our mother's sense of humor.
Speaker 1: We make each other laugh very very much.
Speaker 2: Yes, a wicked sense of humor that involves like people tripping and falling and stuff.
Speaker 1: Nothing could be better than that.
Speaker 2: I think we're similar in a lot of ways that I'm just unable to pinpoint right now. Do you think we're similar?
Speaker 1: I think we're both. I mean we when we're together, we laugh in a way that is uncontrolled, especially on family vacations. We have the same sense of humor. Usually it's at my expense. You're tripping me or tackling me to the ground.
Speaker 2: You're very good, like you really like are able.
Speaker 1: To laugh at myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's such a good quality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, except when I'm impenetrable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okaycept then and.
Speaker 1: Then I was just thinking when we were growing up, this is a question that somebody asked me, who got in trouble more? That's like a no brainer because you did horrible things and never got in trouble.
Speaker 2: To be fair, I was grounded like a significant part of my high school, so was I.
Speaker 1: But like, you never really got, like in trouble.
Speaker 2: When I got drunk at school and threw up in our class.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, so Max started a brand new school where my children actually go now and his first month at school, yeah, he went off campus with older kids, got drunk in ninth grade and then vomited in his Was it art history or something? Just regular art, just regular art, vomited in his art class. And I was a freshman in college at Wisconsin and I got the phone call and you were grounded for I mean months at that point. Mom was so upset.
Speaker 2: Yeah. That and when I joined a pyramid scheme called except and turned over. You used our grandparents to turn over their phone lines to this like food gazy phone line thing. And Mom told me she was going to put me in jail.
Speaker 1: Dad told me he was gonna put me in jail once too. I was going to be arrested for grand larceny. So we both were both still here high five. High five never been to jail. Neither of us have been to jail. That's a really that's a positive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: And then I'm trying to think, like, what's something that we've learned about from each other as adults that we didn't really see as kids. I think I always thought of you as my younger brother, and I don't know that like I had like a lot of like respect for you when you were younger, but now I have so much respect for you. And yeah, I respect your opinion. You're one of like my first calls.
Speaker 2: Why do you think that is?
Speaker 1: Because I think you're really smart, and I think that you are. You have an ability to see the bigger picture. At times you're talking like a therapist and it's so annoying, Like, just talk like a regular person. Okay, you're not a therapist, ok Okay, So I just find that to be like, I really do trust what you have to say and your opinion and your means a lot to me.
Speaker 2: That's really nice to hear. Thanks, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Would I've learned.
Speaker 2: I really think you're an incredible parent. I've asked you many many questions about parenting in the three years that Frankie has been on this world, and I just I find you. I think you're also very good. Actually, don't. I think we're wrong. I think you've been wrong about some people that you've thought are not good people.
Speaker 1: No, I'm right. No, I know the person you're thinking.
Speaker 2: Of, he's not You're wrong, Okay, I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I think he's a jerk, but I know he's okay, great. I mean I don't think about him every day, but I.
Speaker 2: Just he's good, great and would do anything to make you happy. We're not friends, but even though we would still do anything to make you happy moving on, and a couple of other people that you hold regis. I can't think of them, but I think you're not always right, But for the most part, you're very right about it.
Speaker 1: I think I am. Yeah, I think I'm very, very, very like spot on. I think I can always completely tell when someone is full of shit or not. You are insanely regimented about what you eat.
Speaker 2: I exercising that I want that does give me a sign infection. Never not.
Speaker 1: You're very, very careful. You would take bread off, you would like.
Speaker 2: Because I was allergic to gluten for a period of time.
Speaker 1: No, but you're just you're very You're very You're obsessed with working out.
Speaker 2: From my mental state, not because I want to be like a buff forty one year old, Like I don't think it's cool to be buff. I have to work out because I'm crazy. When I wake up in the morning, my brain is crazy. So I have to like meditate and work out and like do the things that requires me to like just get through the door and like be normal.
Speaker 1: If you could, if we could describe our sibling relationship in three words, how would you describe it?
Speaker 2: Close? Yeah, dependable, yeah, and the complicated yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: And then I was thinking, like something that you are really good at that I'm not good at is you don't you you don't like you? Can you can handle if someone doesn't like you, it doesn't ruin your day, It doesn't.
Speaker 2: No, I don't care anymore. Yeah, I think, yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm not good at that. Like if I have like an if I have a problem with somebody in my life or someone doesn't like me, or a friend gets upset with me or something I mean which you know, or I get in a car like a thing with a sibling or mom or dad or whatever it consumes me.
Speaker 2: It seems to ravage you like a rebel force. The thing you do to me that is so frustrating because I'm pretty comfortable with who I am.
Speaker 1: Oh I literally was just saying something I might admire about you.
Speaker 2: But let's talk nobody. I'm going to tell you because I know who I am, and you telling me to be somebody else to people and be like say hi to this person, like be nice to them, like because.
Speaker 1: Max, you you have a personality disorder there. That's funny times that you don't say hello to somebody.
Speaker 2: But the people who know me know that that's who I am, and know that I'm trying my best.
Speaker 1: But I want and like I give you.
Speaker 2: That annoys me more than feeling neediness out of someone or feeling you're feeling neediness out of you to be like say hi to this person. I think you don't like me. It makes me shut down.
Speaker 1: That's not being needy. That's like giving you, by the way, that is giving you a note.
Speaker 2: But I'm you should take. I'm not uncomfortable. I'm whatever I am. I'm me and like sometimes like pleasantries in your kitchen with like people that you're in my exactly, but I'm me, And like if those people ask me to help them or do something, I would help them, Like I don't need to say hi to them.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no no. That's where you're wrong. You say hello to everybody. That's like how life works, that you're a human being on this earth, and if you walk into someone's home, you say hello to other people that are standing.
Speaker 2: But if I, first of all, I don't agree. Second of all, I need.
Speaker 1: Second, we need a we need a howard like a poll. Do you or do you not think it's important to acknowledge a human being?
Speaker 2: I do but what is my acknowledgment is different from yours. So sometimes like just a hand on the back and say like how are you?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Is how I say hi to somebody, and then I prove my worth as a good friend or good brothers you've described through time and like I just don't want to make small talk with like certain people.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, I think and tell me to.
Speaker 2: Do like perform more like I'm some kind of like a trick animal no repel.
Speaker 1: Fare, minimum of a human decency is not an animal.
Speaker 2: It is just literally me as as as a good brother you are to me and a good friend you.
Speaker 1: Are to people that are in your life, in your circle, but you sometimes have a hard time like in social situations.
Speaker 2: But because it just takes me a minute, okay, so just like allow that to happen. Like look at my relationship with your friend Simone. My relationship with your friend Simone was so awkward and strange because she's probably a little like me and we would just like not be nice to each other. And now we're friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I love that for you guys, and.
Speaker 2: It just took us what it took.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well I'll thank you. I will definitely take note of that.
Speaker 2: My relationship with Rob, Yeah, it's better than it's ever been.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys are close.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's my brother in law. I love him.
Speaker 1: He's the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, But like I still don't one hundred percent understand because I feel like sometimes I don't know that you're aware that you come off extremely rude and dismissive, and so I'm trying to I do.
Speaker 2: I am aware. I don't care as the thing, but.
Speaker 1: How could you not care? Like I don't understand that. How could you not care if you're making somebody else feel bad?
Speaker 2: Because I know I'm not rude and dismissive.
Speaker 1: But if you're making somebody else feel that way, how could you? In Like this is when I like literally think we're separated at birth in by like no, well, I guess separated birth. We're so similar. I don't know we're so different because like, if I have hurt someone, I want to die And why are you doing that? What did you do that?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 1: Okay? Moving forward? I think maybe you're on the spectrum.
Speaker 2: I know that I am so like, stop trying to make me into like mister, like I'm a brother, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Cool? Hat like I don't care. Okay, I love your kids, I love your family. Okay, great, So you love Lois Rhiness Okay, okay, great, she's regimented like me.
Speaker 1: Yeah she is. So it's Hillary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love Hillary. Hillary is some when I've had a roller coaster of a relationship with. Now we sit in the sauna, we catch up, we talk about things. Great, I'll just let you be you try it and don't take it on. And if somebody's annoyed with me, it's not about you. It's fine. Let them learn the real me through multiple interactions where I finally warm up and I can look them in the eye and say hello in a normal way.
Speaker 1: Okay, just take me a second. I thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I'm I don't want to be an asshole. Same wrestler has this experience with me too, and like.
Speaker 1: Sam Wrestler and I are similar in some ways very yeah, so we both But do you think that, like at any point are you like, Wow, this is gonna make my sister or Sam, who's your one of your very best friends, feel uncomfortable. So I'll just like do something out of my own comfort zone for that.
Speaker 2: I do just by saying hello, even in the most of it.
Speaker 1: Saying hello to somebody that is out of your comfort zone. You are a sick human being.
Speaker 2: But guess who married Sam Guess who she chose to marry. Marry her when she married Jason Borg. You so clearly saying not being nice to her ex boyfriend who laughed so loud that I couldn't even begin to describe it is not a big issue.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well you know what, Max, I'm gonna try it out.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be one you matter, I really say hello to Okay, I say hello. I say hello to the ones who matter.
Speaker 1: That yat take that. That is that is the that is the little SoundBite of this. I can't.
Speaker 2: Let's get into it, like, let's talk about real stuff.
Speaker 1: Are you seeing a therapist right now?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Okay? Who is it?
Speaker 2: A great one named doctor Emily Cavell who's really helped me? Oh right right, my first therapist who's incredibly not my.
Speaker 1: First therapist any talking about studs.
Speaker 2: Thirty if no pri stuts was a doc named lou Katzman.
Speaker 1: Where is he?
Speaker 2: He changed my life? It's a she and she's dead. Shame on you. And she was one of the most important people to me of all time m hm. And she passed. And then I saw Phil Stutts, who I love and I still call when I'm in a GM about stuff. And I have all my note cards and I bring my note cards with me everywhere.
Speaker 1: You sent me to like one of Stutts's proteges ones to go well, No, it was the craziest experience I've ever had. That's what she was, drying mountains on a piece of paper. Yes, that is a tool, right.
Speaker 2: Stut's saved my life and really worked for me and was one of the greatest gifts that one of my best friends sent me there. And I see now another kind of more day to day therapist. I am to see her in case you forgot doctor Cavell. You didn't see.
Speaker 1: I absolutely saw her when my doctor was sick. Oh yeah, and I was referred to her.
Speaker 2: I love her. She's very helpful to me and like very empathetic and really actually cried when I told her about my dog dying. This is where we need to get to. Yeah, this is how it happens. This is real. We're getting real right now. You think I get special privileges, You think everything I do is whatever you because I'm easy because I'm a delight because I say hello to the people I love.
Speaker 1: I am easy, I am a delay.
Speaker 2: You're not easy. You are many things, but you're not easy.
Speaker 1: Oh, you want to talk about favoritism, Dad's going to come in here? Great, Like, who cares Dad's gonna come when we talk about favoritism, because we.
Speaker 2: Did talk about that about so Hamlet, your lack of empathy for Hamlet was because Hamlet represents I.
Speaker 1: Do have a hard time sometimes with Rob tells me I'm not empathetic to him as well. There are certain I think people that I feel the safest with. Sometimes I don't know, like I have like a block sometimes of empathy.
Speaker 2: But you believe, what we're not talking about with Hamlet was that mother put her obsession with me onto the dog.
Speaker 1: There is a difference, if we're going to be honest, there was a huge difference in the way that we were treated. Granted, we both had beautiful, wonderful, amazing childhoods. We are so fucking lucky beyond, but there was a huge difference. You could it was never the same, Like you could do something and I could do something, and I would get in trouble for it, and you wouldn't. Mom like you hates feeling needy. Unfortunately, children sometimes are a little needy. You for some reason, didn't trigger that in her, So it was a much easier relationship. It was very difficult for any.
Speaker 2: Others, and daughters is a complicated thing.
Speaker 1: I think that that's bullshit. Actually really yeah, And I don't think that that's I think that it depends. I think like people are like, oh, well, mothers and you know, mothers and sons and daughter. I think that that's bullshit.
Speaker 2: What if I was just cuter and funnier, Like what if? Like what if I don't know. I look at pictures of you, and I'm like, she was so cute and sweet and funny and nurturing, and she wanted to be a teacher. She helped the stewardesses like ye about coke. But like, maybe I was that cute and funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I have three kids, and I have one of my children who's definitely like a little bit more trying in many ways, and it takes.
Speaker 2: A lot more out of me. Do you have a favorite?
Speaker 1: No, I don't. I love them each for so many of the same reasons and so many different reasons, and I find and you will see this.
Speaker 2: When you came and liking my next child, I.
Speaker 1: Thought the same thing, and then it's like, I don't when I started having when after I had Ace and I was gonna have Jewels and Gus. Actually, when the director at the preschool that I worked at forever told me how to explain it, and she was like, it's not that you're hurt, you know. It's not that you have to split time. It's not that you have to split your heart in half. Your heart just gets bigger. And it's so true. It's like lighting a candle. One candle lights all the other candles, you know, like it's interesting.
Speaker 2: Because I actually was very concerned that I would not like Frankie as much as I liked Hamlet. And the day just went into labor, I was crying, sobbing in the car going to have dinner with Margaret White Spin and armand whitespin about that change, and I ended up the next day she was born. I never a Hamlet, never slept in our house again, and I moved on very quickly.
Speaker 1: But you were really sad when Hamlet died, even though he never in your house again.
Speaker 2: And heartbroken. Yeah, so I'm.
Speaker 1: Sure that I'm happy him was stead.
Speaker 2: It's made my life a lot more complicated. Frankie still believes that he's on a farm and that she's going to go see him hard, but it has made my life like there is not I wouldn't say. I would say, like, there's not that same experience of a loaded gun being in the house that there used to be, right even.
Speaker 1: Though, but by the way, I think that you as a parent have to make all of your children feel equally respected and equally valued, and sometimes your needs outweighed the needs of the other people in the home.
Speaker 2: Is it possible that I had less needs?
Speaker 1: No, you have a tremendous amount of needs. Really, max, If.
Speaker 2: You really, I get go on, so, like, what are my needs?
Speaker 1: You just like it's like if you want to take a bath in mom's bath.
Speaker 2: All I want to do is all I want to do is take a bath in my mom's bath and work out in the morning. Is that too much to add? That's what I want. I would live in this house if I could. If we were in Italy, I would live If we were Italians, I would live in this house. I would bring a little more room for the first of my life. I'm kind of thinking like maybe I don't want to be here anymore. But up until a year ago, I would have happily you did house like you.
Speaker 1: Did live here because you were filming and you rented out your house and you did it.
Speaker 2: But we were only here for little spurts at a time because we were in New York for the whole year. But I would still live in this house if I could, I know, and very very never, I've never taken a bath as good as the bath in mom's bathtub, the way she washes my hair. It's here's what I love a bath. I love a couple of things. I love that there's a television there. I love the depth of it. I love that I know how to use the machine perfectly and get it just the right scalding.
Speaker 1: Tempchine the bath.
Speaker 2: I like to get into a bath so hot that I can only get in a tiny bit at a time. I don't like to constantly refill it. Okay, I like to watch sports in the bath.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. And this feels like really important information to have. I'm so great.
Speaker 2: I like to wear her robes.
Speaker 1: You do you wear her robes?
Speaker 2: I will tell you a secret. I slept here recently when Mom wasn't feeling well. Yeah, and I did not have It was very cold in the house, yeah, because mother likes it arctic arctic chill, because she's an Arctic fox. And I couldn't find something asleep, and I don't have clothes here, and so I slept in one of mother's night shirts.
Speaker 1: Swear to god, did you doctor doctor Emilikavell about it?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think it's weird. I felt so. First of all, men slept in night shirts all the time in the Middle Age so they could use their bed.
Speaker 1: Okay, so now we understand you're also a historian.
Speaker 2: And I slept in a Yes, that's my that's my soliloquy, that history.
Speaker 1: Historian, dog trainer, therapist.
Speaker 2: And I continuer, Yeah, and it was one of the best sleeps of my life.
Speaker 1: Could get some. Mom gets them from London.
Speaker 2: I've never been able to.
Speaker 1: I'm sure she'll give you them, moll.
Speaker 2: I don't even wear underwear. It's very uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: And so I was sleeping in this night sure was perfect.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you so much. You have been an excellent guest. It's time to be all done now, So thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Speaking about favoritism, here's Dad. Oh my god, Dad, Thank you.
Speaker 1: So much for joining us for this episode of What in the Winkler?
Speaker 2: Tell a friend in the Winkler?
Speaker 1: What in the Winkler? What in the Winkler? Thank you so much for joining us.