Speaker 1: Hey, thanks for listening to the Covino and Rich podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday from five to seven Eastern to the four Pacific on Fox Sports Radio. Find your local station for Covino Rich at Foxsports Radio dot com, or stream us live every day on the iHeartRadio app. It's like searching FSR. Hey, just trying to have fun on a Taco Tuesday. So much negativity and by the way, this footage of Nancy Guthrie's kidnappers gross news is gross. Feedback's gross. So we're trying to spread some positivity. All right, man, all right, we're having our.
Speaker 2: American halftime Super Bowl show. So everyone's uh. I think everyone needs to get late or something.
Speaker 1: I know, you know what. I think that's it. You know, it's the week of Love, Happy Bonde Times pop by Happy Bondent Times, week Pop Bogle, get.
Speaker 2: Some love, relaxing a little bit. I think romance might be the answer. It was a little pent up. Seriously, we're Covino Ritch, we be rocking out.
Speaker 1: Let's go on broadcasting live from the Fox Sports Radio studio. Remember, with the iHeartRadio app, you can stream us wherever where wheen have Shakira Styles. I was gonna say, if you need help, called Justin Tucker, but that's inappropriate. Fox Sports Radio twenty four to seven on the new and improved iHeartRadio app search Coveno and Rich wherever you stream your podcast, we'll never watch what you hear. On our YouTube page, you can join the live chat now. Covino and Rich FSR were streaming live. Hi, and remember, man, I know bad Bunny's not your type of American or whatever. A lot of people because we've seen the complaints. Yeah, but musicians have been raging against the machine forever. That's nothing new. I saw funny. I saw funny. And not every part of America is the same, not everybuddy's view of America is the same. But it's it's still America, right. People need to relax. It's not that deep really. And by the way, Kid Rock also reaped the benefits. Like we said, he's got a number one song in the country today, so congrats to him. Unfortunately, politics are always brought into things, even if you like it or not. I heard someone once say, why why does that have to be the case?
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It wasn't political, it was cultural. Like I said, it was a business move. Did you ever see there's like a famous post of someone hit up rage against the machine and they're like, you know, you guys should stop with the politics. And I think the answer was what machine? Do you think we're raging against the washing machine? That's true? Yeah, I thought that was pretty funny. People I've always you know, fought against the mon stick it to the man. That's that's part of rock and roll. That's a mindset. Why are we so butt hurt about these things? And you know what, I thought it was a fun fact for those that didn't know the original counterprogramming. The reason the Super Bowl halftime show is this huge monumental event, it's because of counterprogram It's because of counterprogramming to begin with, because before you got your you know, Michael Jackson's and Beyonce and Prince and Prince and you know the who, and you know, Bruce Springsteen and Katie Bruno, Mars Lady got gob guy. For all that, it was like again like people playing the trumpet and juggling, and then all of a sudden, it was a dancing bear in a tutu the year before, riding a tricycle, and then in the Sidney colorrecker in nineteen eighty eight, it was keenan Ivory Wayns, who is the genius to say, let's steal from this audience and let's pull millions and millions of people from the super Bowl to halftime in living color. And the NFL did not like that, so they made it a thing. They went Michael Jackson and never went back. That's really the truth. So counterprogramming is what brought us to this point. Anyway, It's nothing new, and neither is sticking it to the man. You know, nothing new. Every time we talk about halftime show spot our video guy, you always bring up one that I forget, but it sounds great. Why did I you always bring up like a Britney Spears Aerosmith boy, man, I don't know why I don't recall that one.
Speaker 2: It's the two thousand and one super Bowl Extravaganza. It was, Yeah, it was Arrowsmith in sync, Britney Spears, Mary J. Blige, Nelly. It was a really good, like mega mix of artists. No, but it was really good.
Speaker 1: I was hoping it was Metallica and you bring out a few rap guys and maybe Miley Cyrus because she rocks out a little bit, and then you get the bad money a few years from now. That's like their windows, their windows smaller, right, and it's in San Francisco. But I'm not complaining. I'm just explaining. I'm not the title. I'll love to complain. Can I tell you I don't want to be the type of guy. I don't want anyone to be like, are you just burying your head in the sand. You know what I worry about? Worry about you know what I gotta do today? My kids got baseball practice. I want to go home, get dinner, watch a show, chill out, come to work the next day. Let's star search. It's not it's not bad. It's the best, an easy watch on Netflix. I'm caught up on Traders, which, by the way, Danny g I thank you Caveno for both recommending Traders because that show. I'm not a big reality guy. That show is fantastic. It really is good. It makes show the host Ellen Cumming with his uh flamboyant don't want to be pee wee Herman that guy to talk about that got was fantastic. All you trade hos Hey, you know what it is when you got the post NFL Blues and you're still mad about the Super Bowl. You need something else, right, So check out Traders Star search, catch our show coven Own Rich FSR on YouTube. And I do want to make this clear. The Miracle documentary on Netflix about the nineteen eighty men's hockey team, and it's them now like days later. And there's always NBA and the Olympics if you want. But I do want to say this just to make it clear. Not a bad Bunny fan. Guys, never was, probably never will be Bugs Buddy fan. I'm more I'm definitely what's up, doc more way more of a Bugs Bunny fan, to be honest. You're a playboy Buddy fan from the nineties. You said you had that. And in the cl Smith City DVD in college, Oh man, every time my roommate left I watched that, I asked, can I'll go? Because today's story not to be all over the place, Danny, But I said to Kavino earlier too late. Today is the anniversary of Billy Madison hitting theaters.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh Billy Madison. Oh yeah, Oh, shampoo is better. You will protect me, t chlor Phil more like boor Phil, I said to Cavino. Tan chand good for me?
Speaker 1: I said on the anniversary of Billy Madison. Is there a VHS tape that you wore out more in college than Billy Madison? I don't know. Maybe Tommy Boy or Asina and Communo goes no Adam the call smith on.
Speaker 2: She was hot back then, bro back in my college days. So but do you put a sock on the door.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not a bad Bunny fan. I want people to think like I'm sort of on this bandwagon.
Speaker 4: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying it was. It was entertaining. Do you not have eyes? It was fun. I don't know. I didn't know what to expect, but it was better than I thought. People are so angry, and which is right? On a week of love? In a week of love, it's Balentine's week, Puppy, happy valent Time's papa. Go out, buy a box of chocolates, get some loving, relax and enjoy the week. Stop being so mad about everything? Why are you so mad? No, Cavino used to say, get some Russell Stover and bender. I used to That was back in the early two thousand a. Right, Let's say how to Michael in Chicago? What's up? Mike?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 1: What's up? Bud?
Speaker 5: Hey? What's up?
Speaker 1: What up?
Speaker 5: I had a fun journey here. I uh, it's just sitting around at this hot takes. It was kind of blowing up on thread.
Speaker 1: What's the hot what's the hot take? Buddy?
Speaker 5: Yeah, soken?
Speaker 1: Get it to Mike. You get to be a little Mike, Mike, Mike, Mike, I have a DHD. You're gonna have to be a little quicker with the story. Let's go, let's go. I got that he that add and high desks.
Speaker 5: I think neither team in the Super Bowl will be the first in their division next year.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what, I can't get what that take?
Speaker 4: For sure?
Speaker 1: That's Buffalo in the Rams, Buffalo and the Niners. Dare I say, Miami, No? I like better? Seriously, no offense. You know the premise, did you guys ever see School of Rock? Remember, of course the legend of the rent was way past due. And what was the whole premise of rock and roll? Stick it to the man? I was like, lesson number one. Stick it to the man. You know, the mon is the man, the government. That's like, what rock and roll is the big f you to everybody? Stick it to the man and all of a sudden, like we're worried about everyone caring about like the who cares? It's rock and roll? Why are we so sad about this? This is nothing new on a week of love, Week of love, I think positivity. I think everyone's just pent up. Send good vibes, going tender swipe if you're single, to find you find someone, just keep swiping. Someone will say yes, Al Alan, North Dakota, what's up, Al Alan? What's up? Alan?
Speaker 4: How are you?
Speaker 3: Buddy?
Speaker 2: Twenty four?
Speaker 3: I'm in my sixties and you know I'm not no bad buddy fan?
Speaker 1: First Amendment rights man. He could do whatever he wants.
Speaker 3: Anybody could listen to whatever they want to.
Speaker 1: And on one other day, yep, two weeks ago to call it you guys out.
Speaker 5: And it was about whatever you wake it up drunk.
Speaker 1: Well the end you'll never know, how Ellen, He's right. You can do what you want to do. He's right about that. Yeah, you don't think social media did that. That really was unfortunate. Divided the country, A divided the country. You know, Yeah, yes, it's going there engine spin. It's good because it's good, it's less social. It's good because we get to see, you know, the old friends. But besides that, all of a sudden is you're watching clips of Nancy Guthrie's kidnapper. That's what you're doing with it. No, I just feel like social media has divided us. And unfortunately, and I say this kindly, I think he gave everyone some weird opinion that their opinion means a lot. Everybody's an expert. Everyone's an expert, and like, yes, do you know what whatever the hot story is, they're the expert. You could sit some topics out and be like, you know what? You know why I don't talk about certain things? Why do you think I don't go on deep hockey dives on the show? I don't know enough about hockey to go on a deep dive and no one would care, you know, like about noto hockey? Yo, there's no way on earth you beat me. Knock cocky and what is it called dome hockey? Like bubble hockey? No, you might beat me of that, but not your hockey. You're talking about hockey? No, No, the dome at the arcade, what is that called the big bubble dome? Looks like I just played air hockey. Oh that's great too a hockey of course, of course I know air hockey, Sam, but you don't know what he's talking about. It's almost like foosball, but in the in the like the little dome. I used to love that. Honestly, I'm gonna have one of those in my man cave one day. You think you yeah, dome hockey Dome Hawks. I have a question, do you think our show could whip Stu Gott's ass in a in a gaming competition of Pink Pop knock Hockeypool? So you think it was me? You, Danny g Sam Buyer, Spotty? You think you think those guys be toast? Oh? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I just my arm's a little wonky right now though, But yeah, yeah, for sure, I'm confident in that. But anyway, do what you want to do, guys. I feel like we would have a fun time partying with that show afterwards. And what's the premise? What they're asked, the premise is counter programming is what got us to the Super Bowl halftime show? Anyway? In Living Color nineteen ninety two, So Kid Rock does his counter programming good whatever? Who cares good for him? And by the way, I am the bull got one of my favorite rock socks. So what can we all rally behind after watching that documentary? I want to I want to talk about the Olympics for a second, but I did bring up that documentary Miracle the Boys of nineteen eighty. Not Miracle the movie, which was great. I'm talking about the documentary that came out this year on Netflix. I said it yesterday and I was fascinated. I can get behind Mike EROSIONI ERUZIONI the captain. Fantastic Mike Erusion. I'm not I'm not a hockey guy. But but watching that documentary wasn't it was not a you know, we were coming off a pretty wild time in the United States, right, sixties and seventies led to a lot of nationalism in the eighties right, A lot of people they said that the USA. You say that chance started and was first heard at the nineteen eighty Olympics for the men's hockey team. What what would it take do we need? Do we need someone to root for as a as a collective? Can we all get behind that's a good where or not? Remember we lost monoculture. We're all in our own lanes because of social media, because algorithm dreaming everybody's living different lives, everyone's different views. Our algorithms are leading us to different places. So we don't have that one connecting. You say, you say, I say, check out the WBC, check out the Olympics. But but see, the WBC is a great one. But the WBC a lot of people root for their their native land, like you might root for Mexico or Puerto Rica Mexico. But I want I want USA and it win. But what I'm saying is what can we all get behind a lah forty five plus years ago in nineteen eighty when everyone like, what can we all agree upon? It's at that could unify us. I feel like we like there's very few things that everyone agrees upon.
Speaker 6: Man that's tough, like Tiger King during COVID's.
Speaker 1: The last that's the last monoculture discussion we all had because everybody watched Kasa So Tiger. Maybe we all need that song back our life in the Tiger song, Man, maybe we need that. You know what I feel, Danny, Do you have a thought wonder if Kid Rocks sang that in his halftime he should have. I feel I feel like killed. I feel like I feel like Kid Rock would like to hang with the Tiger King people Tager. So I feel like, uh that show, Danny g I have a theory on Tiger King. If it was any other time but COVID, no one would watch it. I feel like we were in the most desperate of situations, like we're all stuck at home, like it.
Speaker 7: Would have been on TLC and it would have been like a part of rotation with like my six hundred pound life.
Speaker 1: You remember, remember the only people that won COVID was the Tiger King and the naked black guy in the The Bulls documentary. Yeah that during during COVID, it was uh last dance Tiger King and Wood and would and uh what is the link of the naked black dude on the bed that.
Speaker 2: Everybody passed around the puzzles hit a boom, oh wh people oh, people going on like like zoom and like drinking with their friend zoom snipe skype.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they pulled the cow. They pulled the cowhurd is what happened. That's exactly what That's what I call it. They pulled a column. So yeah, we need to find that unifying thing and uh, hey maybe it could be Cavino and Rich. Do you what do you think? All right, So let's talk Olympics, man, because that should be a unifying as we watch it. It is for the other nations as we watch the Olympics. I know the joke goes here we are everyone's all critical. Meanwhile you're sitting on the couch at your fat belly eating chips watching this. But I asked Augusta, who's one of the guys that runs this place with Big Mike? Who? Yeah, Augusta, lesser known Big Mic. He's Big places Mike's boss. So he's Miguel Grande. Miguel Grande, I said to Augusta, I go, what the Olympics are on? I go, yo, Augusta, if you had to perform or or participate in one Olympic event where you think you'd look the lead dumb, what would it be like? Where do you think you blend in the most and not look ridiculously out of place? Is there an event where you like freestyle skiing?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Because your freestyle and how they know if you suck or not?
Speaker 2: I remember they did, remember the Olympics.
Speaker 1: He's freestyle.
Speaker 2: Remember the the the breakdancing woman that one year?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, it was horrible. Australian, The Australian break dance lady, Like, what about like what about what they do? Like the the rifle, like they shooting? Like do you think like you a myth?
Speaker 2: Curling easy? I'm good at sweeping good sweet?
Speaker 1: Yes you At the at the bar in San Francisco, we were playing what are you like? A little shuffle boar? Yeah, you can shuffle board on ice. That's easy. Shuffle board on ice. A few beers, I'm down saving curling about a cross country skiing? I could do the Gazelle. I could do that, just my best Tony little. You have a Nordic track at home.
Speaker 7: You know you're very You're already halfway there, said cross country skiing?
Speaker 1: Is there anything else that comes to mind? I know it's a dumb hypothetical, but as you're watching, I'm watching couples figure skating, and to me, it's the most majestic, beautiful thing. Call me corny, but I watch a couple doing figure skating like that, I think it's Honestly, I think it's beautiful, majestic. Rich also loves synchronized swimming. Maybe you just love synchronousity. Well, you know what I feel like you're the type of guy that would go ice skating with your girlfriend and be along the wall the whole time. I'm like Rocky Balbo, You're gonna keep your sneakers on like bout Bow and absolutely you guys.
Speaker 6: Last hour talked about how the three of you, Spotty, Covino and Rich were all dancing at the wedding and it was just the three of you on the dance floor. How about ice dancing. Oh that's different than ice skating. Ice dancing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hear I could do that.
Speaker 2: The four of us could get together a pop slid team. Well you know what I wouldn't do.
Speaker 1: Have you guys heard story today? Did you hear the story today? Let's get this. There's a big story about this Norwegian olympian who has a winning record. It's not his first Olympics, it's not his first medal. His name is Sterla Holme La Red or something like that. Is a Norwegian dude, so sorry for the mispronunciation. Sterla, Sterla dude, Sterla one of bronze in the twenty kilometer individual biathlon. Right, And when they're interviewing this Tobbroni, this guy loses it and he confesses that it's been like the toughest run of his life, because you know, he's so emotional. But he speaks in Norwegian, but we will translate. I was, Sam, you want to head it there? I h.
Speaker 3: That sort with all that.
Speaker 1: Man, I really messed up and I'll never forget myself. Even though I don't know what he's saying, it's entertaining translation does he say? He says that six months ago? He's like, six months ago, I met the love of my life, all right, and three months ago I cheated on her and I hate myself for it and I'm very sorry. And dude is accepting like his award and his medal and everything. You know, you just won. You can chuve the newegend. He's so caught up in his emotions. I thought he was translating that was that was he so caught up in his emotions that this guy admitted to cheating on his girl on international television at the Olympics. That's a move I've never heard of before. So that brought us to again this very viral story. There's a few stories today. Like I said, the Nancy Guthrie thing is horrible, and then this story too, which is more fun. This guy is so emotional and I get that right, He's so caught up in his emotions. He uses this opportunity to try to get out of the doghouse because it's the Week of Love. That's why Coliny Canada hit us Upody goes this poor Norwegian guy, how cringey could you be? Yes? So he you know, it is said probably he went with a team and they're saying port hey, you know what, he's rich. It's the curse of the evil PENI because how do you meet the love of your life and then three months later you're cheating on her? What's wrong with you? Get a control, get control of yourself. Yeah, you know what is this guy doing? So he did mess up. You know how hard it is to find the love of your life. He found her, he found I found the love of a lifetime, and then he cheats on us three months later. So he goes on to national tele of international television right after winning the bronze and he's like, I'm sorry, I'm the worst. And that brings us to this rich you're desperate attempts to win her back on the Week of Love. Courtesy of the Olympics. The only thing that would have made that story cooler is if the gold medals stepped forward and he's like, now, if you want to be with the real man, that's great. I love that. What's up? I was saying? Someone actually translated a little bit of this, and here it.
Speaker 4: Is, I can't control my horny level.
Speaker 7: I mean, like listen, the guy just was like he was so control he meant it. He just couldn't handle it. You know, it was Scott Hansen.
Speaker 4: I can't control my horny level.
Speaker 1: I mean, like listen, they just translated. I don't know. I just got this from the you know, powers of be Thank you. And again, it's six months ago. I met the love of my life and I made the biggest mistake three months later and I cheated on her and I'm sorry and blah blah blah. Right, that's I'm improvising here, But that was the gist. So now we posed a question to you before we play iron my Trivia and all that downhill scheme. Seriously, you're desperate attempts to get her back. I got one story and only one that I'm sharing. I have, unless I think of more, I have have a buttload of desperate attempts I you do. In fact, yeah, but I got one I'll share. I'm gonna write down the one I'm thinking about for you, and I have one and let's be you know, listen, we're a wide open book here in Cavino, Rich, I have an embarrassing try to win her backstory that you guys will definitely laugh at my expense. We'll get to that and more. We'll give away some prizes, Iron Mike Trivia all coming up this hour. Call now eight seven, seven, nine nine on Fox More Covin on Rich Next. Have you ever wiped with a piece of dry single ply toilet paper and wondered is this as good as it gets? Well, it's not. Gets a lot better thanks to the wet extra large cleaning power of dude white dude wipe. And when we say extra large, we mean business. So no matter what the size of your mess top to bottom, dudes, as you covered for a confident clean, they comfortably clean whatever TP leaves behind. No more maintenance wipes, debris, no way, irritation, no way, Nope, It's time to make the trade of the season and switch from TP to wet extra large dude wipes and start experiencing the confident clean of dude Wipes made from one hundred percent plant based natural fibers coming in a variety of sense shade, butter min chill. I joined the movement for a cleaner movement and live a skid free life. That'll happen for you. Look at that.
Speaker 2: I've been praying for skid free life for a long time and now the prayers have been answered thanks to Dude Wipes, available on Amazon and major retailers nationwide.
Speaker 1: Dude Wipes, Best Clean Pants Down, What a weird day? Huh, Bad Bunny, Big Stories, Bad Bunny, Savannah Guthrie's mom and Fernando Gate And we talked about it the first hour. How Fernando Mendoza was snipe from the show. Find out the details on the podcast if you missed it, or Covino and Rich FSR on YouTube. That's where we're streaming live right now. And by the way, Happy valent Times week, ba pa And since love is in the air, I was Sam playing some classic yacht rock you know things, Baby come back? I know, do you know? Baby come back?
Speaker 4: Ran them?
Speaker 1: You'll never know?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 1: Who is it? Is it? Player? Sam?
Speaker 2: That is correct? I mean it's not my yacht rock playlist. Dan gave the thumbs up double cut confirmation.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk some stories of love, but we're also giving away prizes, right because there's a lot of sad SAPs out there trying to get her back. Yeah, so we want to make you happy with some prizes. We got Iron Mike Trivia. We have a Cavino and Rich prize pack and it's what Danny g Coozi's and mini balls and footballs and things like that. Right, So, if you want to play, you want to win. Eight seven seven nine nine on Fox. That is our number. Let's do it multiple choice, eight seven seven nine nine on Fox. We'll get a contestant right now, Iron Mike asks some questions, you win some prizes. Eight seven seven ninety nine one Fox. But the reason we play Baby Come Back is because here's this dude winning an Olympic medal for Norway. Sterla Holme lag.
Speaker 2: Sterla wins a bronze in his biathlon competition and in.
Speaker 1: The celebration, look it's on TV right now, that was him.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Like five seconds in Norwegian, he just starts gushing about how he found the lover of his life.
Speaker 1: Showed it on TV right now. He ended up cheating on her, and he's trying to plea for her love.
Speaker 2: Back that I met the love of my.
Speaker 3: Life six months ago.
Speaker 1: Turned out. Did he just say and I'm sorry I have an evil penis? He did? Is that what he said? He did? He said, sorry, I'm so damn horny. Olympic village got me all horned up.
Speaker 4: I can't control my horny level.
Speaker 1: So he meant the love of his life six months ago made a mistake, cheated on her three months into it or something like that, and then attempts to get her back with his bronze medal winning speech.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so yeah, if he had gotten gold that he probably would have. Yeah, maybe, right bron who's impressed by the I mean brons is great.
Speaker 1: I will share we all have desperate attempts to win her back. And I'll give you a one story right now, and Rich'll share one later. But we got to play some trivia in between all thatcted stuff, and dare I tell people? You know we're live from the Fox Sports Radio studio And for over forty years, Tireck's been helping people find the right tires for how what where they drive? Free road has a protection convenient installation options like mobile tire installation, tyrack dot com the way tire bind should be and have you ever wiped with a piece of dry toilet paper? And wonders is this as good as it gets? Us? Not switched to life changing wet extra large flushable Dude wives because weather just things better, Bill, but Amazon and major retailers nationwide dudewives best clean pants down. Let me hear your sorry, let's hear your desperate pleae strig because I thought of one for you. I was early on in my radio career. I was a van driver and like swing DJ, like on the air barely at the time, part time producer fighting for airtime. But I was on the air, but mostly like a promotions guy k Rock New York at the time. But I did get to meet a big radio star just at an event or whatever. And his name, get this, Paul Cubby Bryant, who still works for Ihearty does mornings on Light FM in New York. One of our good pals, Cubby, So he was on one of the biggest stations in New York City, a station I knew that my ex would be listening to and I knew all her girlfriends would be listening to Uh do you mean the station that I worked for? Yes? Oh yes, Z one hundred. And get this, this ties into sports. Unfortunately, a girl I dated for five years dance for the New Jersey Nets and left me for a player. I was crushed. Well, so she didn't only dance for the New Jersey netstitch oh no, no, yeah, And I was devastated. But I was determined to get her back, Baby, come back, So I used my resources in like a total chump, like a desperate loser I saw.
Speaker 2: I said to myself, I'm gonna call Paul Kubby Bryant and get him to dedicate us a song, not only her, but to the entire dance team because one of the girls is bound to hear it on New York radio.
Speaker 1: Y'all hit me up with some player or something. Sam, Yeah, I'm pictraying, So can you give me a two thousands? Yeah? And you know what, the dude came through for me with a solid Now this is a no fail plan. Z one hundred. Paul Kubby Bryant, I want to throw this one out to Cavino trying to get was like, probably probably your name is Jennifer.
Speaker 2: I bet the very nineties, and I'm not gonna give her props. Yeah, stick with Jennifer.
Speaker 1: Z one hundred, good luck Cavino. And you know what, I was like, Oh, this is it, She's mine, She's back. How could she turn that down? It didn't get bigger at the time. I would go any length to prove my dedication, my love baby come back. And you know, like sure enough, one of the girls on the dance team heard it and told her like, do you know they dedicated to you? It wasn't her answer, like how desperate? She was, like so mad about it, Like it just put me further in the doghouse. I remember Cavino once told me how he went to a girl's house. When a girl sees you desperate, it's over man. You like the John cusack with the BA doesn't work in the rain. And I didn't know that back then. I just looked more like a loser in her mind. Who looks cooler in that moment, mister confident dude that's with her, or like mister desperate dude trying to get her back. I'll tell you if I've been on both sides of it and I'll tell you desperate guy never looks good, but can I can? I thank Paul Kubbe Bryant for like doing me that solid though. Yeah, twenty thirty years later, you know, I'll tell you this, by the way, the only time I think I ever called the radio station. By the way, I'll tell you this. She finally heard the dedication. She wants to get back together. But I remember one time you told me you went to a girl's house. Yeah, of course, to try to win her back, and her dad answered the doors like, yell, bro. He came out and his uh tank top, let's call I can't say wife PETTERR anymore. No, no tank top is a gay was Dawn. Although I'm here to see your daughter. I'm really sorry about what happened. He's like, yeah, guess what, buddy, I'm like, what, she doesn't want to see you. And I was like, get off my lawn now go home. Like I said, when you're you've been on both sides of this where I've been the new guy, but you go there like a loser with flowers at the present and you think it's gonna win her over. I've been the new guy, and I've watched I've watched the old guy desperately try to win, and I'm like, oh, I'm in now he's out. And but I've been on the other side. I remember going I remember going to Binghamton University and my ex girlfriend dumped me and I went to K Jewelers at the Carousel Center Mall in Syracuse. Oh, man, that's a guarantee to win her back, because every kiss begins with K, is what I thought, but I guess not. I bought, like, I spent a couple hundred bucks on like a necklace, and that's like college money. I was like, wait, waiting tables. I bought her a necklace. I went to her or room. Oh, knocked on the door, some dude with a goateee and one of those white lacrosse hats.
Speaker 2: Like a backwards Beaver University. He's like, Yo, what's up, Pral, what's up?
Speaker 1: Man? I'm the cross guy. I remember being like, is Erica here. He's like, yeah, she's here, Hey, Erica, put some clothes on. Some dork is here with a present. She comes to the door. She's like, what are you doing here? I thought he broke up and she slammed the door on me. Driving back. Every disk begins with K Remember driving back from Binghamton to Syracuse. It's like an hour drive and I just listened to like sad music. And here's the fun fact. Because of that breakup, that next week, I was like a sad sap. My buddy said, oh, like Sterla Holme Lad. I was like Sterla Holme lag Red Region Olympian. And my buddy said, hey, when do you come to the college radio station with me? And wow? So I look get that. So it all started from Rich trying to get on the air just to get attention. That's true. All right, Let's go to dan Buy for an update, and what we'll do is we will play You don't think we'll have time for for Tyson Trivia? I don't think so. That game takes about eight minutes. You Tyson in today? No reason, Let's think about it. Let's go to DP. I do have a quick question.
Speaker 8: I'm not familiar with Paul Kubby Bryant, but is was he named nicknamed Cubby because of since it's the same name, but wouldn't be the same guy.
Speaker 1: He's a big radio star and I was a nobody and he hooked me up just because I was so desperate. Yeah, he's uh in New York. He was like the Jojo or the the like Seacrest type guy. Gotcha all right well.
Speaker 8: At the Winter Olympics, today, the US women's hockey team blanked Canada five to nothing in Group A action. It's the preliminary round men's figure skating. American Ilia Mallin is in first place after the short program. US mixed doubles curling team felt Sweden in the gold medal match today six to five. Matt shortstop Francisco Lindor could miss six weeks if you need surgery to repair a fracture at his left wrist. Matt's president David Stern said that Juan Soto will move from right to left field in twenty twenty six. Tigers are signing pitcher Justin Verlander to a one year deal. Lakers without Luka Dancic, Lebron, James Austin Reeves and Marcus Smarts night against the Spurs, Steph Curries out of the All Star Game. Raptors forward Brandon Ingram will replace him. On three reports, there will no longer be a college football bowl game played in Detroit, ending that game's twenty nine year run.
Speaker 1: Guys back to you. Thank you Dan Bayer, Dan Byer, Thank you Dan, dan Byer. By the way we share these stories because you know, hey, it happens to the best of us. Yeah, we've all been there and on a week of love. Don't worry, everything works out. By the way that desperate move and by way, your best move is to not do anything. That desperate move to try to get a girl back never ever works. Do you remember do you remember this move? Danny? Unfortunately, I think we've all been there. Have you ever driven past an ex's house and you see some dude's car there? Yeah, some dude. Oh, thank goodness, I got It's the most empty feeling when you're in like high school of college's staying a dude with an IRAQ think. It is like all you're thinking the whole time is like, oh my god, there's a dude in there and they're probably hooking up right now. He has a pathfinder. He has a path he has a pathfinder. You drive away in your Grandam's got an old red dots and truck. I drove. I drove away in my Plymouth acclaim. That was an asketting machine.
Speaker 2: All right, we got more Coveno and Rich next right here Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 1: Ready to tackle your financial goals Rich With wee Bowl, you don't have to sit on the sidelines, whether you're a rookie or a pro. We bol puts you in the game with tools to help you make the moves you want. Trade stocks, options and ETFs, or play the long game with cash management and retirement accounts, all on one platform.
Speaker 9: We Bowl.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They pair advanced analytics with real time data, so you could read and defend. Uh, you could read the defense? How about that adjustre strategy? Stay in control like that you pulled the porky pig right there? Baby? You could ab abby. You can meet Vega. Vega is your personal AI market assistant. You could ask questions like analyze my watch list or what's the outlook for this stock? And you get real time analysis, volatility insights, and fundamentals that can turn complex signals into plane English want a wider view of the field your portfolio, X ray the spot trends, managed risk and optimize the performance of your portfolio. Stop punting your financial future. Join Weebol's community to discuss markets, trending topics and ideas with fellow investors. Download the we Bowl app today on mobile or your desktop. We Bowl w E b U l L or visit we bowl dot com.
Speaker 9: We both financial LLC member s I PC FENRA Investing involves risk. For more information, visit wee bul dot com slash disclosures.
Speaker 1: Guys, it was so insane. I'm telling you. There's a lot of tension in the air. Big fight yesterday, Pistons, hornets and our producer Spot who does the videos here. Yeah, he had to go out into the lobby and tell Mike Tyson that we're not doing Mike Tyson trivia today. Mike Tyson gave him a weggie and punched him right in a sternum well deserved, and you're bearing the headline Fernando Gate and Fernando Gate's got the network up in arms.
Speaker 7: I actually have exclusive audio of what Mike Tyson said a spot You want to hear it, Yes, I do.
Speaker 1: Wow say he's gonna stomp on his testicles. I know a spot still recovering in the hallways, and I hope he's okay. Between that and Fernando Gate. What's going on? By the way, thoughts on Fernando Gate, let us know or let Colin know.
Speaker 6: How about that by the way, cove everybody that was holding for the game, I took there. I gave them my email address for the show, and they're all going to get a prize back.
Speaker 1: No way. Really, thank you, Danny G. And thank you for your preparation for the game. Danny G are super producer. You know what it is was? Can I sum it up like this? I'm sorry, Charlie Murphy, I was having too much fun. Rich and I are having too much fun, and we ran out of time for Mike Tyson, And I'm really sorry that Tyson came here, and I'm sorry that he punched the spot in the face and all that other stuff. So uh again, Live from Fox Sports Radio Studio. Ready to tackle your financial goals. We bill makes it simple to start investing, powerful tools, real time data, all on one app. Gets started at wee bul dot com or download the wee ble app today.
Speaker 9: We both Financial LLC and member SIPC FENRA. Investing involves risk. For more information, visit wee bule dot com slash disclosures Now.
Speaker 1: If you want to hear more about Fernando Gate first hour of the show, listen back. It's really man, It's causing a lot of stress and a lot of buzz here at the studios, your thoughts at Covino and Rich at Fox Sports Radio show's buzzin. I'm looking at it. I'm looking at all this feedback. I said, we're living in a really interesting world right now where I hate this, know what, I hate, dannyg The more controversial, you.
Speaker 2: Know what, as football's over, so pubble don't know what to do with themselves, the more.
Speaker 1: Feedback and interaction, so it's like a weird thing, like, oh, man, don't rich. You are not allowed to turn into like a broke rob Parker. I'm gonna tell me.
Speaker 6: He said that he's right over there, but that means he's one on one, and that means you can't start copying.
Speaker 1: A man at gig. Sam Dornold needs to win a championship. Football's over. Then he wins a championship. It wasn't because of him. I just think people want to stir things up because they're bored. It's got to be, it has to be. I'm so bored with life. I'm so angry about something that I need to start fights on social media. I just saw the most wild piece of feedback because it's so inconsistent with everything I do on the show. Someone's like man Rich Rich Davis is a really hateful guy. Like I feel like that'd be the last word to describe me. You might say he's a dufus. If anything, you're oddly positive, like his takes are stupid. He's uh.
Speaker 2: I hated the look. I hate his look. Foolishly positive floats around the hall.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, like to me, it's like, hateful guy if anything, If anything, I'm like, I'm annoyingly friendly. Rich walks down the hallway singing, Hi lady. It's like a radio life for me. He's like an angry Mickey Mouse.
Speaker 7: There's a dark, foolishly happy, go lucky over there.
Speaker 2: I would not describe its hateful any dark side and there, Sam, you haven't seen.
Speaker 1: It, but it's just a wild like social media and divisive or divisive however you want to say it. Divisive or divisive type topics. Bad Bunny just have an infiltrate sports because it was the halftime show. You give any type of an opinion, you know, people go buck wild and bananas. Dude. If you say bad Bunny, was I you love Trump and you're racist. It's like what, I don't get it. You know, I don't get it at all. The whole thing is that makes sense? Hey, sonya, let me on the Let me on the show on a question. What do you think is more likely? Let's put let's play it. What's more likely? Because there are two things that involve me because I'm such a hateful guy. Rich Davis the most hateful guy. Hey, hey, I'm glad you not me. Two of my favorite players, two of my favorite players. In fact, you could argue my two favorite players are both shooting for opening day debuts. Do you think Francisco Lindor, who they're saying it might be out six weeks, will be ready for opening Day? Is that more likely? Or George Kittle has announced that he wants to be ready in eight months for Week one of the NFL after that injury. Do you think it's more likely that Kittle starts opening Day or Lindor starts Opening Day? As you know, Yeah, you think he was right. He was ready to go to WBC until paperwork got in the way. Yeah, well, be six weeks, might have to have a hand surgery, a little surgery, and willing to play Worldsball Classic in March. He can't be that hurt. Okay, I'm just that's just my guess. I don't know. You asked the no, and I just wonder, like Kittle, you're gonna have to compete with your defending Super Bowl champions in the Seahawks, You're gonna have to worry about the Rams who are running it back with Stafford. If he could be ready for Week one, don't you think he's gonna want to try to like I got him later in his career. Do you baby it or what do you do with that? What do you think Danny Jake? For Kittle? Do you try to rush that back or say no, no, buddy, come on, no, what's week four? It's fine? Week three?
Speaker 6: Yeah, nope, No need to rush the NFL season. As you saw with your nine ers, you just need a strong second half of the season.
Speaker 1: Dron second half, barrel into the playoffs, will momentum and there you go. Well, hey you watch Star Search tonight. Yeah, I'm gonna go. I have to go to baseball practice now, Hi, didn't do you know the most hateful guy that worked for kids every day, he's the most hateful guy. I was need to take it out on all these kids, the poor guys.
Speaker 2: You, you little sons of bitches, Get out of here. I will see you guys tomorrow. Great fun show today. Appreciate all the feedback.
Speaker 1: Until tomorrow, have a great Tuesday night watch the Olympics, have some fun and I will see you later. A rivendarci baby, see you in the Promised Land later, guys come by.