Speaker 1: Sale, freak out, Let's play ball. Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros.
Speaker 2: This is Leading Off, brought to you by bet MGM, the King of sports Books.
Speaker 1: It's me, Joey p Joe piece Apia with me.
Speaker 2: Today is the Welsh and of course it's you hanging out on our Fantasy Pros MLB channel, which is great because we have got all the Leading Off shows on here, We've got all the videos on here. I just did the Waiver Wire video that should be out this weekend. The by Low Cell High is out. So many things going on welshon today. We've got a very fun show planned for of all peanuts and our cracker Jacks.
Speaker 1: So how are you living, buddy? How you doing?
Speaker 3: How would you react if I walked behind me, ripped all the bats off my wall, started kicking the wall and punching the wall. How would you react to that? What would you think? I would be amused that you would think I'm a crazy person. What if I also told you I made millions and millions and millions of dollars as a professional, and I went in to a place where kids are just trying to learn how to be, you know, adults and professionals, and I went in and I destroyed their building because I got a couple of calls on the outside of the strike zone. That's all I'm saying here, What would you do? What would I'm a crazy person? Yes, and his also name is Chris, but it's a different last name.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, well, you know, you know, totally normal, totally you know, it's just fine, it's fine, you know, it's.
Speaker 3: I think everybody think that's up. That sounds like everybody around him his camp being like, it's fine, he's fine, don't worry, he'll be okay. As he literally tear it was like tearing off pieces of wall or something, destroying Chris Sale went bonkers. If everybody doesn't know, and I know we're gonna.
Speaker 1: He did, and uh, he's not the first guy. The last guy, which I remember who was?
Speaker 2: It took the back to the gatorade bottle like a thousand times to the jug.
Speaker 1: You know remember that. I forget it was And he just went back and forth like he was chopping down a tree. I can't remember. I think that's health.
Speaker 3: I think that's healthy. Take a bat to a gatorade jug. There's not a lot of clean up there's not a big financial issue, but going back in a dugout and absolutely tearing off the wall, tearing off boards and what looks like like hold like he tore everything off. Chris Sales got to take a chill pill. He's got to calm down just a tiny bit, like just the Eancy bean Sea bit. But you know what I will say, I'm kind of jacked up for him to get back into the major league. I'm kind of excited to get that energy back into a rotation.
Speaker 2: That's the difference right there, and that's the kind of energy we're bringing the Crysale energy today to the show. Let's start with Chris Sale in his five walks, and the rehabs start certainly taking out his frustration, no doubt about that. Darren Ruff at a pinch at game, tying homer, and then you had Josiah Gray twirling a gem of the Phillies, kyleege Schwarber going yard not once but twice.
Speaker 1: Man KYLEI. Swarber.
Speaker 2: Every day it feels like we're talking about Kylie s Warber hitting bombs. Christian Javier was touched up for five runs though against Case, So another bad night at dfs' two nights in a row. Not very happy about this Showiotani, though happy about that ten strikeouts, another sho hel Tani jem another Showyotani moment where he continues to show out your thoughts on shool Tani and the MVP race after get another big out.
Speaker 3: Oh have it. I mean, we can't do it every single freaking show, but I feel like I want to. Look. This is I think a four straight scoreless starts. He's had a streak. He's got going on three straight, he's got double digits on strikeouts. He has been a monster. And Atani's kind of in that, like, you know, there's a couple of guys we have to start clicking into, like who are your don't even need to do research type of guys at this point for betting see McClanahan strikeouts, you just go over. I think Jordan Alvarez has kind of almost dropped into that total base marker where you can just take his over and Otani, yeah, he's always kind of lived in that. But there's that little streak at this point. Whatever number they throw at you today on the board, man, who is it? I'm drawing a blank who it is? But there's an eight and a half on the board. I think it's Dylan c So I think that's who it is. There's an eight and a half strikeout marker that's on the board to take today. That's a big number. The guys like McClanahan and Darvish are the ones. You can take that with even cease at this point and you chalk it up to the game if you don't hit it, but they hit more often than not. That Tani just one an absolute fricking roll.
Speaker 2: The Otani number, by the way, on betting pros is two and a half in the consensus Aaron Judge at minus one ten. Uh but on Fanuel, it's all the way show Hey Otani yet two? So well, okay, so them is two point two forty right now, what's.
Speaker 3: The judge on on FanDuel?
Speaker 1: The judge is even, So that's not that GM minus one ten.
Speaker 3: That's a really interesting point is Otani hasn't really well Fandal, he's moved if he's to two and he has moved. He hasn't really moved on DK, but Judge has even though Judge it is thirtieth home run, he's moved to even like less or even money less predominant on the minus. So he's the trajectory that's moving, not even Darbish, not even Otani at this point, which I think is pretty fascinating as we go.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: And also Paul Goldschman is at even right now on the consenses line. So and I remember I think we were getting in on him, what twelve to one, ten to one. I think we try to warn everybody at nine that was probably going in that direction. But I mean, it's even money now. And Machado slipped all the way to five hundred, where Peter A. Lonzo was a plus five fifty. And that's at betting pros dot com. If you want to check out all those lines, obviously they are there for you. Other headlines from yesterday, Max Freed six shutout frames against the cards, Bobashett itt a go ahead, Homer. How about a lot of Bobashett headlin this year? I feel like, what not so much, you know, not so much the bobushed headlines this year?
Speaker 1: Also the Orioles Prospect.
Speaker 3: D L.
Speaker 1: Hall struck out fourteen guys at Norfolk.
Speaker 2: Now. Dal Hall is a guy that had some command issues, but certainly has the electric stuff as the kids like to say, any profile stuff you want to share with him as somebody that people should be adding maybe for August and September perhaps is do you think Dale Hall gets a shot at some big league starts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely think on the back half of the year. He's one of those guys. He's just missed a ton of time over the last couple of years, and I think that's something that holds back a little bit. But when you've got you know, their main catcher, when you've got Ali Reschmand up in the majors, I think it allows them and maybe makes them feel more comfortable bringing up some of these younger guys on shorter stints. They just need consistency out of DL. Hall actually did a draft with Eric Cross, who writes over Fantasy Pros, and James Anderson. This is on one of Eric's podcast when we were drafting prospects starting pitchers, and I took d L. Hall in that. I think it was like my fifth or sixth starting pitcher in this picture draft for prospects. Because I think he's a big, big strikeout guy. I think there's more relief risk in him than there is with Grayson. But Grayson's not an option here and dial Hall totally is. So I think probably like a mid August, I could see them a little cup of coffee preparing for next year. That is a definite possibility for people want to look out. And you know, the only thing I wanted to bring up. I've been talking a lot. We did this over and in this league. You and I've kind of done it about these different values of player versus player and stuff like that. And we did one yesterday where we were talking redraft of Julio Rodriguez versus Juan Soto, which I'd fascinating results, Joe, But it got me thinking about the Bobaschett thing. Where would you go Bobaschett versus Julio Rodriguez right now, twenty four year old Bobaschett, who's done it big time in Dynasty, when you go Julio.
Speaker 1: I have no hesitation with Julio. I just think Julio was that complete package player.
Speaker 2: And it's not the Boba Chet's not all star caliber player, but I think I look at Julio as top five major league talent.
Speaker 1: Stuff like.
Speaker 2: That's how I view Julio of what I've seen of him this year whereas Bobashett I think is a you know, arguable first second round tannel depending on how you value him, the depth of your leagues and all that stuff, depending on what you know he does in the next eighty one games. That would certainly go a long way to make me feel better. But I sput Julio in the higher tier. Personally, I disagree, And.
Speaker 3: It's not that I disagree. I mean, what Julio is doing is incredible. But let me give you a line twenty nine homers, twenty five stolen bases, one hundred and twenty one runs, one hundred and two RBI with a two ninety eight batting average that you would kill to have as a Julio Rodriguez line and seems very obtainable. That was Bobashett last year. That was bobashev twenty twenty one line last year. So my only point.
Speaker 2: To is some of that came in in those you know, rinky dig ballparks too.
Speaker 3: They played one hundred percent. I'm and I'm not advocating for it because I have Julio Rodriguez over him, but I think it's really interesting where we are and I feel like Bobaschet like you said, like we've been talking about him right now, and you know, he's really played at such a lower perform level that I think his dynasty value is maybe at an all time low two fifty thirteen homers, five stolen bases, but he's still projecting out to be, you know, maybe a twenty fifteen guy with two seventy batting average if he doesn't really really pick it up. So the Bobachet stuff I find really interesting. And you know, maybe even in the bye territory, like is he a bye on the back hound?
Speaker 1: He's definitely a bye. You know, somebody just showed me a deal.
Speaker 2: I know it's Tiosca Hernandez and and somebody else.
Speaker 1: For Boba. Sheet was like, no, you can't do that. You got to you gotta keep you know, you gotta stick with Bobachett here.
Speaker 2: And sometimes players do this where they have massive seasons very young, and then they're always kind of chasing that one year. I think Bischet's better than what he's played in the first eighty one games. With the second eighty one, let's let's see what he does. But Julio, to me, has this different feel about him, the same way I felt about Wan Soda, where I just I just want all the shares. I just want to be in on that, especially, you know, because what he's doing in the stolen base side is something. You know, this guy looks like a prototypical thirty thirty guy we haven't seen in baseball in a while that can be that kind of dude for a long time, and most people still play road leagues.
Speaker 3: Interesting. The interesting thing too, that I really give credit to Julia with is that he overcame the adversity early on, Like the league really got out of him. He got really bad strike calls. He was just being attacked in different ways. As you know, a young guy would be professionally in the majors, and he overcame them, and he's defeated it to a level. This is like a Stranger Things type of defeat. He's eleven at this point. You know, he just can you cannot take him down and continually just keeps pushing Vecna back.
Speaker 1: All right, it's it's good. Look, it's good. It's good.
Speaker 2: Jonathan India departs after a hit by pitch on the foot. We had Bobby with Junior out of the case lineup again today and Kyle Tucker getting the day off as well today, so was Joey Vados.
Speaker 1: So just if you're playing those daily leagues, just make sure you got that. Let's go to the mail bag.
Speaker 2: We got a little mail bag on our Discord channel Fantasy Bros dot Com slash chat.
Speaker 1: In case you did realize this.
Speaker 3: Is a new channel. I think it's a new channel.
Speaker 1: This is a new channel. We open up the bag. Let's see what's inside the bag. Here you go.
Speaker 2: This is from Derek from Texas a AC. What are some strategies for rebuilding dynasty teams? Who are some current prospects that you would build around?
Speaker 3: Welsh Well, I would build around Juli Rodriguez if you had a choice. Sure, yeah, that would be an obvious one. Let me pull up my prospect list here to give you a couple guys. The main strategy, by the way, I would say, is acquire the best possible while also looking for the best volume. I think a lot of people get very hyper focused on I need all these dudes, but make sure you're getting like, really substantial players. Players I would want to build around right now, Corby and Carroll Jordan Walker with the Cardinals is a monster's only twenty years old and he's already at double A and he's been just balling out. Gunner Henderson with Baltimore has been phenomenal. You talked about Anthony Volpi as one and if you want to go really lower, and you know Penning the how much everyone's paying attention. You know some of the hottest guys right now, Jackson Surio with the Brewers, Ellie de la Cruz with the Reds, and Ezekiel Tofar with Colorado. These are all some of the biggest highest movers that you know, if they were those are guys that I would be trying to acquire if I'm trading away big like redraft pieces. You know, good players that are maybe getting a little bit older, the Goldschmids of the world, those type of guys, I would be trying to get collections of those guys.
Speaker 1: I throw Alvarez in that list from the Mets too. He's rising very quickly.
Speaker 2: That kid can play uh and look hard to find offensive catchers, so if you can find one, it's a huge win for you.
Speaker 1: Rutchman is like that too.
Speaker 2: Again, I'm always tough on catchers, and you know I am, because the transition becomes very difficult.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, that's then other piece.
Speaker 2: I would also be looking to buy a lot of the Jonathan India types, the guys that are nice players that are you know, not having good sophomore year, like kurell Off India, like all those dudes. I'd be trying to get a bunch of those guys on the cheap two if I was really building.
Speaker 3: Such a great point hit on one of them that I could.
Speaker 1: They're more cost effective to get.
Speaker 2: It's going to cost you a lot to get Julia, It's gonna cost you a lot to get you know, uh, a lot of these prospects that Welsh is talking about.
Speaker 1: So for me, that's what I would go.
Speaker 2: I would start finding these major league ready guys that are still young, that are still kind of finding their way.
Speaker 1: I think that's a good path as well.
Speaker 3: The only thing I would add too, what's interesting in the place I think we are in prospects is we don't have the I don't think we have the crazy guys. I don't think we have the guys that push the envelope of I have generational talents that are near the top. Not to say I love Riley Green and Corbyn, Carrol, But we don't have the Julios, we don't have the Wander Francos. They don't have any of those guys. So I think the top is more accessible than it's ever been because it's not quite locked in. And then I think what people are holding on to is some more of the like outside the top fifteen, the really young guys that people don't want to trade. So I think it's actually a really weird time for prospects that you just go throw out there, get a couple of guys. But I love the idea of get the kiroll Offs, get the India's Hell, Wander Franco is probably cheaper than he has been in the last year right now, just because the.
Speaker 2: As another guy with throwing that grouping two Llois missed a lot of time. Like that's a that's a great player. You can probably get a significant discount. See what happens is he comes back. All right, let's talk about this. The Orioles became the first team in Major League Baseball history to give up but go ahead or tying home run the seventh, eighth, and ninth and still get a win.
Speaker 1: So there you have it. That's certainly a good time.
Speaker 2: I want to take a look at this also because I want to take a look at some of the leader boards here. Halfway through the season, we have Tony Gonsoon the era of one five to four. This is unsustainable. Okay, it's at the very top. I'm telling you right now, Martin Perez a two point three four. He's the eighth guy.
Speaker 1: Overall.
Speaker 2: The rest of the guys in the top ten are five, but it's Gonsol at the top at one five to four. We have to be aware of this. You have to start shopping him. He's been in the video like three times. I feel like this year, and he keeps pitching well, and I know he's ten and zero and I get all that, But at the same time, it's like, you know, look ahead, You've got to start looking ahead. And then I want to ask you about this too. Yeah, because at the top here of the board for home runs, we've got Judge at thirty Schwarber at twenty seven, both eighty games into the season. Now for those guys, so here's my question. Do either of these guys make it to fifty in your opinion?
Speaker 3: I think Judge does. Yeah, I think that's a I almost think that's like a four. I think that's like a lock. It's four. One.
Speaker 1: Conclude about Alvarez twenty five?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I actually think Alvarez is a better shot than Kyle Schwarber does, even though I know Schwarber's just been bonkers. It's just a two twenty six batting average. That's that's tough to maintain the entire season consistently through to keep hitting those homers with a bad batting average. He could get there. I wouldn't like be shocked if you told me he got there. But I think Jordan Alvarez can get there. He's already halfway home with over three hundred bating average. I missed a little time, judge, you know, far beyond that. I think those two are fifty homer shots for sure.
Speaker 2: Byron Buckston stats on the air twenty two homer co hold on, I'm not choosing violence. I want to take the temperature. Twenty two homers. That's very good, forty RBI, forty six runs scored. He's played sixty four games. He has just two stone bases hit in two eighteen. What grade would you give Byron bucks In with the two eighteen batting average, the eight forty five ops and the stats that I threw out there for you, how would you gree the season so far?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would say it's like a bus Yeah, that's what I think too. Yeah, he's good. He's doing what he was doing last year, except there's no contact being made and whatever is going on with his approach there. That's the main problem with him. And by the way, that point is something right there that I put in the cell column over and Fantasy pros as Gonsolin has not only a over two run differential between his Sierra and x FIP to his era, but he also the lowest qualified pitcher babbitt to any hitter is Gonsolin. And what it's under two hundred. The only pitcher that's pitching two two hundred babit is Tony Gonslin. That's going to change. The run differential is going to change. That's why I kind of out. And unfortunately, you know Buckston as well, man, you can't have an under three hundred obpm be a superstar. He has all the skill sets, but apparently, you know, the contact ability has completely changed, and we'd be having a completely different discussion if he was hitting two eighty even if the stolen bases were gone because oh yeah, he would be in this same marker as these other guys.
Speaker 2: He had to give you the steals or the batting average. Not giving you both, I think hurts because you can find twenty two home runs and you can find that in different spots. You drafted Bucksing because you thought you get the steals at least, but you're not getting that.
Speaker 1: So but look another eighty one games. We'll see what happens there. Uh. Fun facts, we got two of them today.
Speaker 2: First one from Sarah Langs, who does great work on Mlbuh. Joey Otani is the first player since RBI became an official stat in nineteen twenty with ten plus strikeouts, multiple RBI and stolen bases in a single game.
Speaker 1: There you go. You like that, I know you love the first time ever?
Speaker 3: One first time ever? Yeah, look at those and it said I've have had almost that combo with one RBI instead, And it's just a bunch of people no one knows about. And Bob Gibson.
Speaker 2: It's Bob Gibson, It's Whitey Ford, it's it's pitchers. Also, fun fact, speaking of the Angels, don't know how fun this is. The Baltimore Orioles have more wins than the Angels have this year. Just want to I want to marinate on that for a moment. That is a huge disappointment. You have the reigning MVP who also pitches, You have Mike Trout, and you have thirty eight wins on the year.
Speaker 1: Welch, that is depressing.
Speaker 3: Well, and you've also got the reigning MVP potential free agent after next season and Goka walk. At some point they got to put up a shut up with this team. And this is a collection of wildly bad choices from Noah Sinderguard to Anthony Rindon and the money that they're putting in that there's gonna be a point where this team is gonna make a decision on who are we and what are we Not that I'm not not doing the whole like do you trade Trout type of stuff, but it's like, what are you doing with this team? You're just gonna sit sit in this space for the next eight years with Mike Trout and a bunch of other people. Otani could be gone. You've never retooled. Unfortunately, with how baseball is, you can spend money, but you have to retool the Cubs are a prime example right now is they had to get some pieces that can get in. They have to see what they've got. They got to replenish their minor league system and then they can go out and spend the money when the free agency is right. The Angels consistently do it wrong.
Speaker 1: Well, they also what you do.
Speaker 2: The farm system has been the biggest letdown too, because that's the thing you keep looking for.
Speaker 1: It is like, where are the pictures coming through the system.
Speaker 2: When when's the last picture that's come through that system that we've been really excited about that's delivered.
Speaker 3: I mean, Redets had a real hitter, but then they got sent back down.
Speaker 1: No, No, I'm just saying like, well, no, he was a shining moment. Does not make a good picture.
Speaker 3: But he was a very mean, a predominant college pitcher. He was a very big name. He was the best pitcher in their system. Came up, had a no hitter, but they completely fell apart because he doesn't strike out anybody right, You can't just and also it's a guy that needs to pitch to contact and it ain't work because it's getting hit really hard. It takes time to adjust. Here's the other problem, they just don't have a bunch of them. Sometimes you have to have a whole cavalcade of them. You've got to be like the Tigers, where you've got unfortunately all of them aren't working for the Tigers. But you've got to have Manning and Mize and Schooble. You've got to have three, four, five, six of these guys. So if two or three work out, you've really built int your rotation. The problem is they never work out. Their player development sucks. It sucks out here in Arizona. It's been known the way they've just poorly developed players. They had every single minor leaguer doing the same batting stance where you come in and then you turn your body over. They change every single minor league's batting stance in twenty nineteen. It was at the rookie ball level. And it's just like a laughable thing that they continue to do. They can't develop pitching, they don't develop.
Speaker 1: Hitter very well.
Speaker 3: Don't look at Joe Adell, and they can't sign anybody welse. So what would you say, Angels.
Speaker 1: You do here?
Speaker 3: What would you say you do here?
Speaker 2: I mean the Angels need a complete overhaul the organization. I mean from president all the way down. I mean to me, it's just, you know, they fired the manager, and the manager ain't the problem. The problem is the front office, and the problem is the scouting department. The problem is all that other stuff.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: You got Mike Trout, you got Joey Otani, and you got nothing else to show for it, really, and it's just it's miserable.
Speaker 1: What's not miserable.
Speaker 2: Fastest players to reach fifteen home runs and twenty steals in their career Julio Rodriguez number one, eighty one games.
Speaker 1: There you have it.
Speaker 2: Number two, by the way, for fun, was Ellis Burks eighty two games and eighty seven. Then you had Barry Bonds do it in eighty six and ninety games. Eric Davis do it in ninety one games in nineteen eighty four. So that's a little fun fun company there. Ellis Brooks boy, Ellis Burks was a guy who was very exciting player when he came up, and then he kind of struggled for a while and then found some second life in college.
Speaker 1: And that was a fun team. I like that version. That was a fun group of guys. This day in baseball nineteen ninety three talk about guys in their own planet.
Speaker 2: Imagine if this happened today, the social media bonanza that would happen. In nineteen eighty three, Reds pitcher Tom Browning decided that he had seen the view from the dugout for enough, and he left Wrigley Field and decided to watch the Reds beat the Cubs from a rooftop of a three story building across on Sheffield Avenue. He was fined five hundred dollars for leaving the dugout.
Speaker 1: And the ballmark during a game.
Speaker 2: But I mean that to me is hilarious, Like I could love you know, It's not something you'd see happen nowadays.
Speaker 1: It's very nineteen eighties baseball.
Speaker 2: But imagine like just Twitter and social media going nuts with a player who just decided to go watch a game up on Wriggley Field.
Speaker 3: I could see like buildings, I could see like an old actually Chris Sale. Actually, if I'm thinking about it, like you gotta have a real player that just doesn't care anymore. I'm envisioning like a closer and older closer who's just kind of like whatever, you know, they control their destiny complete like Craig Kim Craig Kimberll, just going out into the stands like I'm gonna just watch? What are you gonna do about it? Like that type of guy, But sales personality would be the player that would do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, let's move on here to the stat heroes and zeroes, But before we do, it's do a little trivia.
Speaker 1: Who was the last player with multiple stolen bases in an All Star game? There you go.
Speaker 2: My hint is he played or he began his career with the Chicago Cubs. That's the hint I'm giving everybody. The last player with multiple stolen bases in an All Star game is who? If you think you know, drop the name in the chat and that is over at Fantasy pros MLB. Of course, go ahead and drop that name. You have to be a subscriber in order to guess the trivia question for the day, Got any guesses?
Speaker 3: Began with the Cubs.
Speaker 1: Began with the Cubs, and this to a few other places. It's pretty recent. It's pretty recent, I will say that. So there you go. That's they you think about it.
Speaker 2: Stat Heroes Corbyn Burns ten ks, no earned and seven innings Joiotani, same thing, Corey klub or the clue Tubes. Five k's, no earned, six innings. I wonder what the Yankees think about Corey Klueber games like this. Luis Severino six innings, no earned, three strikeouts, so not the greatest strikeout night for him. Was good for Josiah Gray with eleven You got the good Jose Barrios this week, hooray six innings, one earned, six k's and Mitch White six k's in five and two thirds. The hitters last night, Aaron Judge three for four with a bomb forri Polonko two dingers. Nice to see Polonko hitting two, Kyle Schwarber hitting two. Brandon Nimo, who's been very solid this year, three for five with a homer, three RBI, three runs scored. Aaron Hicks two for two with a homer. He was one of our lineup fielders yesterday. Hunter Dozer two for three with a homer. Gio Orchella three for five with a homer. Luis Robert, who has not been on this list enough this year. He was my early MVP. Long shot Boyle Boy was that terrible one home run. Thank goodness. I made other pivots and movements. Andrew Benin Tenny two for three as well with a stolen base, so he got any answers there, Peanuts and cracker jacks. Let's see Jan Pierre is incorrect.
Speaker 1: That is not right. Uh, but somebody says Soriano that is also not correct.
Speaker 3: Came in my mind. But he was a Yankee. He started with Star with.
Speaker 1: The Cubs and is not correct either, nor did he start with the Cubs. So there you go.
Speaker 3: Rizzo was a Red Sox and then all right, let's do the zeros.
Speaker 2: We'll give some people supports on Christian Haavier five earned bad, Shane Bieber five earned bad, Lance Land five earned bad, all five innings for all three of those, Derek hall O four with four k's, Jock Peterson four with three same for Dylan Carlson, J T Real Muto, Jeremy Pania, and Byron Buxton with two k's of his own batting average down to two eighteen and the obp.
Speaker 1: A sterling two nine three not good, not good, not good.
Speaker 2: The answer to the trivia question, by the way, if you all want it or you want to keep guessing.
Speaker 3: We're nine, it's ruining everything for the show for me, So.
Speaker 1: I need to know who it is now, Starlin Castro, Starling.
Speaker 3: He wasn't. Didn't you say outfielder?
Speaker 1: No, I said, I said, who started?
Speaker 3: Yeah you didn't. I think I just didn't. I know. I'm just saying I injected it into my brain. I'm not saying for some reason outfielder was in my head and I let that stick. Starlin Castro had multiple stolen bases and all he made the All Star Game.
Speaker 1: That was the start.
Speaker 2: It might have been one of those like one representative things, you know, like you get that like that one guy.
Speaker 3: The Brewers. Yeah, okay, that happens sometimes.
Speaker 1: Here's a question for you for the Pantzon Cracker Jacks. This is from Cooper. What's up, guys? What do you think of de Grom's value? Right now?
Speaker 2: Someone offered de Grom and Louis Robert for Trout and Streder. Strider has the RP eligibility, so it makes it interesting.
Speaker 1: Thanks, guys. So what side would you want to be on?
Speaker 2: Would you want de Graam and Robert or Trout and Strider rest of season? Obviously we'll just call it redraft here.
Speaker 3: I would I think it is so risky. But Grom and Robert. I'm I had a big old discussion about this yesterday, this kind of piggyback what you and I talked about the whole Max and Value conversation where you de Gram as well. De Groom's a couple weeks away, but like you should really start thinking about what level do you think he'll be on his return and do you live in a world where you have to be concerned.
Speaker 2: With if you're giving me like I don't. I don't feel warm and fuzzy about Strider. If that picture was Charlie Morton instead, maybe that gets it done for me. But Strider to me is still very big.
Speaker 3: On I'm assuming he had you know what. I don't think he said what so by the way he said, it's a points league, so de Grom like all day every day.
Speaker 1: That's the other thing too, and the points league always want the picture typically.
Speaker 3: But whichever side is that side? So I don't know if you were being offered that, take it if someone wants it, No, it's not enough. I would keep I would just keep de Graam at this point, because I think that's one of the things I suggested people go out and start fishing around and see if you can get to gram. I would not be moving my de Grom because you theoretically might be getting the best pitcher back in baseball, and Robert for Trout can be a theoretical wash.
Speaker 1: All right, Let's take a look at the home run board. Same thing. High.
Speaker 2: Koby's still at the top of thirty one. We've got a bunch of people. We've got Drew and a bunch of others tied for eighth at twenty four. Delgadillo is still there too, Mike Marisol hovering around. So a lot of change there. But certainly we need to get some new now it's some new names out there.
Speaker 1: I want to see.
Speaker 2: It's funny that board's gotten very stagnant this week, so there's a chance here for people to make some ketchup.
Speaker 1: I hope some people like Kyle Schwarburg yesterday and see what's going on there.
Speaker 2: Let's get to BETMGM because it's the king. Hold on, Oh my god, I've got wires around my crown. Welsh, you can't have wires around the crown.
Speaker 1: Look at this.
Speaker 2: This is what happens when you work at Fantasy Bros. And you have five thousand wires of five thousand things. But anyway, over at bet mgm, the King of sports books, you can bet ten dollars win two hundred just by using the protomo code leading off. That's one word leading off. Download the BETMGM app or go to betmgm dot com. Bet responsibly, but do it with the bet mgm app and the promo code leading off. Joey Otani total basis today one and a half plus one ten.
Speaker 1: I like that. Joe musk Grove six and a half.
Speaker 2: It's a high number on fandul for ks, I want it minus one fifty two, don't care. Justin Verlander six and a half. K's is the number two against KC it's plus one oh eight. I would take the dip there, Welsh, anybody in particular stick out to you on the prop market.
Speaker 3: Yes, the Otani and Verlander one. I like Verlander. I think I might like the most. I almost put this on my list the two that I got for you today. Tony Gonsolin versus the Cubs. Cubs have been striking out a little bit more over the last three I believe it's been eleven k's over the last three games. They've been averaging per game. Tony Gonsolin. It's at five and a half and it's gonna be close to plus money. The betting pros has got you on the under. I like the over, so it's gonna be a little bit over on plus money over on DK. Five and a half. Tony Gonslin and probably my favorite of the day, Austin Riley total bases. It's only a tiny bit juice minus one twenty seven. Five of six games in July, he has multi hit games, so give me the total base over one and a half on Austin Freakin' Riley. It's a great matchup for a lot of different braves today, but Riley, this one specifically gets me going.
Speaker 1: Yeah and Austin Riley spoiler alert, it's gonna be my home run call for the day.
Speaker 2: Let's fly through some dfs on DK. Garrett cole is at ten point two against the Red Sox. Very expensive, He's gonna be chalky, I think, regardless. I'd rather have Spencer Streider as my secondary arm at eight and a half and then play around with the combinations of Cease, Musgrove and Gonsolin. Gonsolin's nine to four, Musgrove Is nine to seven, Ceases nine to eight. I'd have three lineups, one with each with Spencer Strider as the secondary arm on DK.
Speaker 1: On FanDuel.
Speaker 2: Strider at eight point six is fine, and then you've got to look at how much you gotta spend. Me Musgrove is even more expensive than Garrett Cole, So look, Dylan Sees a ten point four I think is the most cost effective.
Speaker 1: Cash game guy out there.
Speaker 2: But Stryder is the guy I think tonight when you're trying to look at potential cash tournament arms, excuse me. And then there's Tony Gonsolan at ten k, which you can float around with two, but I think Sees gives me a little bit more strikeout potential.
Speaker 1: The Mets, the Yankees, the Braves of the stacks.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at the lineup builders on each site. They're both cheap sites. Guys Carlos Santana, No mar Maazara and Jesus Aguilar all under three k on DK and on FanDuel.
Speaker 1: Those are the guys I look for. I'm looking for Austin Riley for a home run tonight.
Speaker 2: He's been red hot and it's funny, Welsh, you picked my original guy and I changed it to Austin Riley, but you picked who I.
Speaker 3: Well, and I picked Pete Alonzo. That's mine today. But I was going to pick Austin Ridley, that was the one. I literally went on the sheet to write it in Joe had it and I was like, dang it, well I do that, but I kind of want a pseudo have it. But I went with Pete Alonzo today. Pretty good matchup, big bombs Alonzo, gimme, gimme, gimme. I think Mayor has got a BVP of Matt Chapman, and I believe he's pretty high up on the board of Homers.
Speaker 2: For today, we have a stack correction. Wonkee says the board is wrong high. Kubby now has thirty two. So good job, hi, Kubby.
Speaker 1: Way to get on that board and continue to increase that lead. I like that. Something good has to happen for the Cubs this year, So that'll do it for us.
Speaker 2: We'll be back again tomorrow to do it all again. But the story of the game goes on for the Welsh.
Speaker 1: I'm Joey p. We'll see you next time. Kids,