Speaker 1: We have officially started to see pretenders and contenders emerging after the first month of the NFL season. There is one player that is never a pretender and always a contender. That player is Chevy Silverado. Silverado shows up week in and week out with unstoppable grit and determination. Chevy Silverado is the ultimate tailgate Flex with the available multi flex tailgate and power outlet built right into the bed and for the first ever ZR two is and the first ever ZER two is the ultimate off road machine. From tailgates and stadiums, stale stadium lots to off road adventures, Chevy Silverado has you covered. Head over to Chevy dot com to learn more about Chevy Silverado.
Speaker 2: Boys.
Speaker 1: I am so grateful that you are joining us today on this episode of Busting with the Boys. Obviously, we're presented by Bojangles. This is just for Will right now, mine's outside the bus. My man is stuff in his face. He's earned it. It was a big week. He took a big l but the but his heart is now full. We both go back to bleeding Red and Blue for the remainder of the season. The Bust and Bull has finally concluded. Michigan is one to zero and boys history has officially started. I am so excited. I don't know why you guys didn't start clapping.
Speaker 3: That is JP with dipping sauce, honey mustard. Joe was on the fire.
Speaker 4: I know, I know you're tens on right now, but bo Jane, you get some bo Jangles.
Speaker 2: Look, you can pause.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as you guys wanted about in the episode, you can pause.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now I got a question about this episode. Is this Jared Allen and Michael Chandler or is this just Michae Chander, Michael Chandlor, Just Michael Chandler, Michael Chanp.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 1: I absolutely love that weekend update.
Speaker 2: Boys.
Speaker 1: We lived like we were back in college. It was an outdid It was an outstanding time. The boys went to uh ann Arbor. I thought we were staying on campus. That was a bit of a bummer. We had to ride through some university here and there in the beginning, even before we got in the fight. There's a to adversity. We worked through that. Overall, the vibes this entire weekend was absolutely incredible. We went to Ricks American Cafe and it was around eleventh This is the staple of our Friday night. We went to a Rix American cafe and it's like eleven thirty and we knew he had a big day ahead of us. And Will leans to me and goes, hey, man, some guys just offered me something called cheese. Is that weed? He go, Buddy, he's talking about coke. We need to get out of here. We we should probably go walk outside the place. This is where I want to give my flowers to to Nebraska. That fan base travels so well. For those of you who aren't going to Michigan, the next step is to go to Nebraska because that fan base is so incredible. The nil deals they're doing there, it is they were we walk outside of ricks and they're literally chanting for the boys or go big Red yelling fuck you Taylor, like it was a beautiful thing to see.
Speaker 2: You got arrested by a cop. Well, bro, travel were.
Speaker 3: They were deep in the ann Arbor, like in each bar, like standing outside wrapped around.
Speaker 4: I mean it was that was the only w we kind of took all weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, travel. We had a great having at ann Arbor. Yeah, two great colleges, two great college towns coming together, battling it over the bus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you guys did, like you guys whooped our ass. It is what it is. We had to battle the elements a little bit. Our quarterback got hurt in the second quarter. You can never you get down to your third string quarterback. It's kind of tough to overcome that. Yeah, Yeah, that's a that's a tough deal.
Speaker 2: Mission. They look good. They do. They do look good. Their defense looks good. The offense is.
Speaker 1: They have a great running game they're doing for I think they take the Big Ten this year.
Speaker 3: They could they and like you said, like their defense, they're one of the top defenses in the country, and like the score could have been way worse than it was. Like they're obviously playing in the elements as well, and so they just basically ran the ball because the knew they were gonna beat us. And they're moving the line of scrimmers the entire time, bragging about it being against Nebraska. I don't know how much you can do that, but they're like Michigan looks like it good football team, and Blake corn I can't say enough good things about that.
Speaker 1: Fucking Yeah, and you actually gotta said too, you DM this man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was trying to get in this out early. I didn't know if it played against me.
Speaker 3: Looking back, it might not have been the best move because he was probably a little extra motivated to shoving our face because he loves doing the whole eat the corn thing. And then I also after the game, I was like, Yo, this is in the locker room.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, did you see me talking shit about you? He was like, oh no, I don't see that stuff. So I had to take a weird humble pie like okay, you know you didn't peep that, and then weird and then what did he say?
Speaker 2: JPS?
Speaker 3: He like walked out and faded, faded out of the faded out of the locker room and just left me, just put me in a blender and kind of just walked off.
Speaker 5: He said, oh, yeah, I've been eating corn all my life. Yeah, and just faded walked away. That was like he didn't like turn and walk out of the locker room. He just continued to like shovel and stay squared up.
Speaker 2: By the contact all the time.
Speaker 3: My contact goes, I've been eating corn my whole life and just wasn't even like he was smiling, but wasn't like trying to be funny like yeah, I fucking gotcha.
Speaker 2: I'm him right now, Yeah I am.
Speaker 1: And it was very it was It was really cool to see Nebraska like the players. We were on the sideline for the game, that all the boys went this online for the game. That was a nice little deal. But seeing the Nebraska fans like literally Michigan goes in the tunnel, We go down and Nebraska was like about to start coming to the tunnel. We start dapping the boys up. They're all loving on Will. They're yelling bust and bull all this type of stuff. And I had like four or five dudes give me the no thank you high five, like you want just kidding your loser tailor. So the hate was there, flavor fla was there. The love.
Speaker 2: Iut of know where it was. It was cool, it was it was It was a cool experience.
Speaker 1: I liked. The pregaming before was unreal too. We went to the Lacrosse House. Shout out the boys of the Lacrosse House. Their ratio of men to women was about seventeen to one. But those boys didn't give a shit about nothing.
Speaker 2: They were kegan.
Speaker 1: They were having a great time the entire time. Their house disgusting, dude.
Speaker 2: I want.
Speaker 1: I had to take a shit during that pregame. I literally went and took a shit, and I thought, should I have him flush this?
Speaker 2: It just kind of goes with.
Speaker 1: Like the decor of this home, you know, and they're like, hey, we got carpet. But the boys of Lacross House shout the boys. They reached out to the bust and Busting account and said, you guys got to come here. It's gonna be popping off at twelve thirty. We show up casually late twelve thirty five. It was electric. Then there's some frat party, like we literally have to go to the game, and then there's this group of people, this girl with her boyfriend. She's like, we're going to fall some sort of a bunch of words. That ended up being a frat and we walked like through these alleyways with them and that place was going crazy too.
Speaker 3: Backyard like in dirt backyard. Yeah, front to back, front to back. But it was awesome. It was a good little college experience. You alway, you want to hit those things right, You want to get into tailgating life.
Speaker 4: You want to see what the college kids are doing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you you go back and you're like, I want to live like I'm back in college again, and like, there's gonna be a point where you're too old to nine. I know there's some of you out there going listen to you're probably too old now. Yeah, they do it being thirty one years old. But it was a blast, and we'll receive you paid to do it.
Speaker 2: Well, you paid to do it. This is a live. You guys have to go to the college parties. We have the best lives of all time.
Speaker 3: Break our arm over this, but to have like again, we're gonna look back one day and know that that weekend started a tradition.
Speaker 2: That's so cool. How dope is that? Man?
Speaker 4: We had a trophy, We had a forty pound trophy made.
Speaker 1: And they're playing for it's in a trophy case. I got a text from Zach Center today.
Speaker 4: Can you show me right now.
Speaker 3: I'll show you right now. Yeah, boys already put it in a trophy case. After the game, we go into the locker room, and at first there was like, I don't know if we should go in the locker room.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was just trying not to step on toes they hooked us up. I was just trying to Taylor.
Speaker 2: To one in Michigan. We get it. We gotta get in there somehow.
Speaker 3: We go into the locker room and all the boys are stoked about the trophy. All the position groups are taking photos. Everybody's talking about it. Dudes are talking shit to me. Edward's number seventy.
Speaker 2: He came up.
Speaker 4: He'said, I told you we were gonna get that shit.
Speaker 2: Just mad, just mad. You want to get a photo with He's like.
Speaker 4: No, I'm good. I just wanted him to know he was gonna take that ship out.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: Hey, Edwards, he's gonna have a long NFL career. That dude is about his fucking business. Yeah, how cool is that photo?
Speaker 2: Fucking awesome?
Speaker 1: I texted Apple off and I said, hey, can you have some of your media people espress the red button. I was like, hey, can you have some of your media people like take like good cameras and get a photo of that. As I was gonna post that before we even came here.
Speaker 3: We'll have to put it on the YouTube. Show him this, show him this picture. That's fucking fired.
Speaker 2: Yeah sick. I'll send to the group right now.
Speaker 1: But it goes hard right next to Paul Budyon Trophy because he's home and the brown joke.
Speaker 3: Now, the goal is, we just got to make sure that the sonny the equipment manager, make sure that trophy gets the Lincoln next year to be there on the field.
Speaker 2: I think he needed.
Speaker 1: That's like step three. Probably Step one is getting Nebraska to sign off.
Speaker 4: Well in the Michigan eighty to sign off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've looked no, like I'm not even trying to throw shit at Nebraska, Like what, let me just put this down with the way what happened in Nebraska this year is extremely unfortunate. And for them to have an interim head coach and then go say, okay, we agree to this trophy game, it completely makes sense why they would take a step back from that.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: I think you go in this off season, you make a great hire, you get some good recruits, couple of good transfers, you're started feeling really good about your football season coming up. That then they can sit there and say, okay, we'll sign for this. Once they signed well said, Michigan has already Michigan has already said hey, once they signed the papers, we'll sign the papers like Jim signed it, and we'll get the ad to sign it as well. So that's that's literally the only piece of the puzzle. We need to make the single official official now, regardless it's happening again next year. Yeah, yeah, yeah, regardless of what Nebraska sides to.
Speaker 4: Do September, they played September next year.
Speaker 1: I'm stoked about that, cold buddy.
Speaker 3: You already know, like it's gonna be hype train going in the season layout, what our schedule is gonna look like after you get a peek behind the curtain in springtime, dove dove dub looking back, that was a bad move at the moment, Like can you say we'll believe that or was he being controlled? There's a big part of me that believed that we were gonna be really good this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but hindsight's always twenty twenty. You're you're gonna have the same energy next year. Yeah, no, you're right, Yeah, this it's gonna come back. There's nothing to apologize for or feel bad about, Like, well, you look, I'm legit look like like missions going undfeated, they're gonna win the national championship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just tough when people put out the receipts on you look at what you're saying.
Speaker 4: You're like, yeah, I do look like a fucking clown.
Speaker 2: That is hilarious.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking back to when you were going you were like, we like pre capping the entire season, are going over the entire season?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what the fuck we have pre capping?
Speaker 1: You were pre capping that season, talking crazy too, talking crazy. So the Bust and Bowl was extremely successful. That was incredible NFL. There was not a lot going on, but a dub's a dub. They don't ask how, they ask how many boys? And then Titans rode high on Sunday.
Speaker 2: That's a that's a.
Speaker 3: Perfect mic Verabel game. Like they talk about all the inactives. The boys just don't batter on either, like oh we prefer.
Speaker 1: To yeah, oh Simmons is out good? Yeah, cutting hymns out good, it is. It is one of those things, dude, you just kind of the boys love adversity.
Speaker 2: I don't get it.
Speaker 1: I'm terrified for when they have everybody back, I know, because they thrive on adversity. Dude, they absolutely thrive on it. I saw uh no, I'm not going to say that, but it was a it was an electric game.
Speaker 3: I mean, they're up now, like, what's what's the Titans record? Six and three? Six and three?
Speaker 1: And then same as the Bills.
Speaker 3: Wow, crazy, same as the Bills playoff started this week, the Titans would be hosting the Bills.
Speaker 1: The Bills now we can probably we can jump on, we can jump off the Titans train. That's six and three is incredible. They won Russell Wilson's top five cringiest people that ever walked this earth. Okay, they're not riding the Vikings Bills. The game, the Titans game is ending. I literally look at my phone. Will says, this is like one of the greatest games ever or whatever whatever you texted, and all the.
Speaker 3: Fucking negative vibes people and Kirk Cousins they're eating ship right now.
Speaker 2: He was going off justin.
Speaker 1: Jefferson's catch in that game was maybe the greatest catch we've ever seen in our lives. And the first when it comes to my head is Odell's right, his rookie year against Dallas. Yeah, but I'm saying that catch one handed, realized that may had two hands on it, and all he did is lock his wrist and bring that shit down. That was fourth and eighteen in eighteen with a with a game on the line. It's not first quarter, yes, bro, fourth and eighteen. I like, dude, Justin Jefferson is truly fucking him. He really seems like he's him right, He's the.
Speaker 2: Best receiver in the league. Yeah, I don't think you.
Speaker 1: I don't disagree with that. But I also in my head, I'm like, there's so many good receivers out there.
Speaker 2: Oh, for sure.
Speaker 1: I mean another receiver on on that field with Stefan Diggs.
Speaker 3: Oh, he's a great receiver. I'm saying everybody shitty if I'm saying he's the best. I'm just saying, like, dude, he is the best receiver.
Speaker 2: In the game right now, and he's going crazy.
Speaker 3: Like, does anybody have like stats that's comparative to his not only from a talnel level, I think it. Stats are proving that as well.
Speaker 1: Going into overtime, he had like one hundred and seventy yards receiving.
Speaker 6: There's was like one ninety. He was the in his first three seasons. He is the most one hundred yard games. He's twenty one hundred yard games in three seasons. That's like a record of anybody. He's insane.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: He tied Odell for the fastest games to get to four thousand receiving yards.
Speaker 7: He's legit.
Speaker 3: And I've said a lot of dumb shit this year, but the boys. Though I did say the vikings, I did say the vikings for the NFC North. I do want, like, if people gonna come correct and shit on me, bring out that receipt as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Tyreek is going crazy right now. He didn't really do much his last game. I didn't get to see them play, but I do know that that man. I saw a stat about him and Waddle and then they're like they're on pace a duo to like break all the records.
Speaker 2: Right right. They got a good stable receiver. That is pretty That is pretty incredible.
Speaker 5: Tyreek Hill has eleven hundred yards receiving already. Justin Jefferson has one thy sixty but eleven hundred yards receiving and it's weak.
Speaker 4: What Yeah, Yeah, but he's also got the ball twelve more times.
Speaker 2: He's gotten open, twelve more times.
Speaker 7: He's played.
Speaker 2: He's played one more game too. Oh yeah, they one more game and yeah I needed to keep going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got twelve more yards and a half a year or a game fourteen and the most average yards of the game goes to jeff and Jesson. Yes, Jefferson are the same too. They're long, their lungs are literally the same.
Speaker 4: I'm just soked for uh kirk Man.
Speaker 3: I just like I know, he battles a lot of like criticism, and it's all fair criticism. It's like they played a weaker schedule. He doesn't win the big games. He doesn't rise to the occasion of the Big Bills mafia though. Yeah, you go to Buffalo, you're down what were they down out of half? Like twenty one to ten?
Speaker 7: They were down seventeen at one point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because Buffalo Blue a double digit lead with that at Buffalo and coming back and literally you see all the chirps, and I was kind of thinking of myself, Fuck, man, they have played a week schedule, like they're playing a good team.
Speaker 7: What about that that snap on the goal line?
Speaker 1: Oh with with Josh and it'd be a touchdown.
Speaker 2: I mean there were Yeah, listen, that's brutal.
Speaker 7: If they if you really move, the game's over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they didn't.
Speaker 7: But they didn't.
Speaker 3: That was a brutal. That was a brutal That's a brutal thing to go down. That's a tough way to go out.
Speaker 1: That's a tough way to go out. And that's not the first time that's happened with him. Like they also had that fourth uh Tye had a fourth down stop against him where he slipped.
Speaker 3: Remember, yeah, but he got the ball and was trying Are you talking about the sneak yes in a touch, Yes, yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, maybe stay away from sticks for a little bit Bill's.
Speaker 2: Maybe for a little bit.
Speaker 1: It's some advice that yeah, we could give here, but to go into Bill's like Bill's Mafia, their their stadium. It's loud, it's obnoxious, it's crazy, and do that like that's a that's a signature winning for the Vikings. To put a the resume that's gonna help him the rest of the season.
Speaker 3: I think get that fourth, fourth and goal stop for the Bills, like the Bills stopped him on fourth and short. To just be hype like we just won this game. Defense, just won the game. And then fumbling the snap, that's tough, that's tough.
Speaker 1: The uh the overtime was insane too. They literally walked down there and they took three and Josh Allen was a man on the man on a mission. He literally ran for like I think forty yards in that like that last drive and then you're legit like.
Speaker 2: Oh, shoulder down on Eric on Eric Kendricks.
Speaker 1: Yes, put his shoulder down and Ken gets his leg and he still hops for like three more yards like Josh Allen is. I mean, we're throwing this word around a lot, but he's him.
Speaker 3: Like, hey, Kendricks almost get that ball out though, but he did.
Speaker 4: Let's still replay from the bag.
Speaker 3: Or shooting hand gerdads and that one ball that's that's a that's a big motherfucker to bring down.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's massive, And then I mean that was just a cool game, cool game to see.
Speaker 3: How about Uh, Jeff's Saturday, I'm actually so glad you brought that up that they beat the Raiders. I hate, like, you know, I want the Raiders, the Boys, but a Raider nation. So there's a part of me that one wants to see Jeff Saturday successful just because of all of the ship that went on last week in the media.
Speaker 1: Joe Thomas in Germany in the show, I'm like, and I'm a individually, I'm a giant Joe Thomas man. I think he's an incredible dude, his resume of his career, the guy he is, he's an amazing dude. He wanted like a three four minute rant about how how ridiculous this whole entire thing is. It doesn't seem that they like that was such a staple win. Their offense looked incredible, like j T was back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's just big. I'm tuning on. You're good. I'll keep going.
Speaker 1: But like for him, for him to do that, and it's when he was in the locker room post game and he's talking to the boys, say, hey, we do this, toughest team wins. You guys were the toughest team today. You guys showed X, Y and Z. The way he was talking didn't look like a guy that's like not a coach. It looks at a guy who's been doing this for years and was walking up Jeff Saturday like I want Jeff Saturday to be so successful except for two games out of the year, you know, and unfortunately we've we've already waxed that ass twice. So it's all over. So it's all good. I messed with the Colts still. I know Titans fans are gonna hate me saying that I messed with the Colts. I think their team, the way their bill is extremely extremely tough. They run a good ball, they play good defense. Uh big, obviously huge Quentin Nelson fans, He's sent you an amazing text today out of nowhere, But literally, I'm messed with the Colts. Like Jacks Houston. It's not the same story over there, but I think the Colts are a legitimate franchise and I'm stoked to see that he's doing well all.
Speaker 4: The boys over there. Quentin Nelson, Dennis Kelly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, absolutely, and hey, but Jackson Houston texting guys want to sit here, They're more than welcome to, but they got to defend themselves a little bit.
Speaker 3: I just think it's like, I understand criticizing the hiring process a wholeheartedly, Saturday. Yeah, I understand getting to critiquing that hiring process of it all, but to continue to double triple, quadruple down on it seems like you're rooting against Jeff Saturday. Like all the stuff that was going on, Like people are coming out with their own videos, like you said, Joe Thomas, he's going for three or four minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was on like Good Morning football or something saying that, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you see a lot of people like speaking out about it, like they want to speak out about it so much.
Speaker 4: But to act like Jeff Saturday wouldn't.
Speaker 3: Be like, it's not like Ersa just hired his buddy because he's just oh, that's my boy, I'm gonna hire him as my boy. Like to be around a guy for fourteen years and you see his habits every day, you see what he's about. He's an undrafted cat that made a Hall of Famer out of himself.
Speaker 4: That's been tough the playoffs, I think he said twelve times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've seen a Super Bowl ring who's played with grace, who understands what greatness looks like. And again, like the daily habits, you're around this guy all the time. I'm sure Jeff, if he didn't think he was big enough for the job or wanted to take on that responsibility, he would have probably alluded to maybe this isn't the best route to go. Yeah, But to be confident, like he said, I'm confident who I am.
Speaker 4: I've been around greatness. I know I can lead men.
Speaker 3: They won against the Raiders, Like, yeah, you can argue all day long, like it was the Raiders, Like, so what they're still they got whooped by the Saints. Other than that they want play away in every game, which is a funny thing to say. But it's not like they're an incompetent football team.
Speaker 1: Yeah there, and they're not incompetent like they're the winning record doesn't show the talent on that team, right, there's a crazy amount of talent on the Raiders. Like you still got to play them.
Speaker 3: Right, you still got to and play on Sunday. Yeah, the team to get a w. And then you hear him post game in the locker room and you heard him before, I hear what everybody's saying, Like it's just you know, I it makes me want to root for him because I do feel like he's in an underdog situation. He's got everybody kind of speaking out against him when he feels like he hasn't paid his dues in the coaching ranks. But the guy understands what winning looks like, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know the whole day, this is a new world, like things are changing every single day, like this whole pay your due stuff, Like there's a whole different avenues to go down life and it seems like coaching is now making a transition as well. He might be a trailblazer for this whole entire thing. But how much does it say about the players in the Colts locker room who get Jeff Saturday as interim head coach. They anyone with a phone knows Jeff Saturday was getting drugs through the mud the entire week. They go out and play the way they did, Like shout out the boys on that. They fucking came out and did what they were supposed to do. That was that's that's cool.
Speaker 3: As shistant quarterbacks coach called the plays, didn't he? I mean, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: Know the assistant quarterbacks Schroch. If he's calling the plays.
Speaker 4: Right, well, that's it. He Jeff had him. He's gonna be the OC.
Speaker 3: Everybody was mad about him jumping the line and doing all that stuff, which is like, you understand the criticizing part of it, but it's, you know, like anything, you still got to show up and play, like let's see what happens, and uh, they win the game, bro, And it seems like the continuity it might not. It's hard to just say they have the continuity across the board, like I'm sure there's some some holes, just like there is and everything. Oh yeah, but uh for them to come out again and get a win, I think it's massive, bro, And I think it speaks to like, Okay, it's not like he's just hiring his buddy to do something, right.
Speaker 2: No, I completely get that.
Speaker 1: And Quentin did what a text out of nowhere? That was a really cool text by Quentin. Yeah, not good on the phone. He's worse than me. Yeah, like he'll go months without texting or calling back. Yeah, and then randomly he'll come out. And that was just a cool text, he say.
Speaker 3: He was like, uh, Perryman was out right, Perryman was out and Martinez retired. Yep, he said, he said a nice text. He talked about my plannings like year ten in capslock. Yes, that's exactly what it was. Yeah, we're playing against the Raiders. You've played on the Raiders before. A couple of other guys were out. We need to see year ten basically. Yes, that was a hey, which is which is like it is the week of year ten if we're looking, if we're checking back on the receipts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a big week for you and I didn't bring it up in the beginning, and I think we just let the chips fall where they may, right, Yeah, because usually it's not Monday, it's a Tuesday thing.
Speaker 2: Could be.
Speaker 4: I'm like in one of those purgatory. It's like we're sitting.
Speaker 2: There waiting, you know, you're in that Mormon waiting room.
Speaker 3: You're like, do you want to say anything? Like, do you wanna usual wait for it to happen?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: But yeah, man, it's it's a it's a it's a deal.
Speaker 1: It's a bit of a deal. It's absolutely a bit of a deal.
Speaker 5: All Right.
Speaker 1: We interrupt this episode to bring you Georgia Boot. Georgia Boot makes super good looking and super comfortable boots so comfortable you will never want to take them off. These boots will hold up in any condition without sacrificing comfort. It has the comfort technology of an athletic shoe packed into a great looking boot.
Speaker 3: I'm so upset right now because we had a missedop. Why I personally had a missed up on the Georgia Boot this weekend. I thought about backing it. Did you guys know my motto backlight live heavy.
Speaker 4: There are boots.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to wear my only one pair of shoes the entire weekend. But though the boots would have been perfect for that game, they would.
Speaker 2: Have been perfect.
Speaker 1: Your toes would have been feeling good, been feeling great, and looking great. Listen, whether you're working on your feet all day or working around the house or grilling out with your friends, these boots won't sacrifice comfort or style. Head over to georgiaboot dot com and use code busting for twenty percent off.
Speaker 2: Hey that hurts. It does hurt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a tough one because these boots are legitimately maybe the most comfortable boots I've ever worn in my entire life. But with that, back to the episode, another bit of a deal Packers Titan's This Thursday, boys, is the watch party on Yeah, watch parties on a watch party on at acme feed and Seed. I will be there, will TBD. I will be at acme Feed and Seed top floor, second floor. We're going second floor. We're watching the whole game, right. I might have to put my kids down, so I might be a little bit late, but your boy will be there. We'll be having an absolute blast. Obviously, we'll have a bunch of merch out there. All the mercers coming out. Is gonna be there or we what's not going to be there?
Speaker 2: We'll have mostly like Titan centric stuff.
Speaker 1: Titan centric stuff. Will this hat be there? This has a hit or too, so all of you who won a new hat, this is the hat to get. I actually I love wearing this hat. It's incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna be there, dude, It's gonna be awesome. Drinks will be flowing. Not so much for me because your boys gbot. We're getting back on track. But I will be there. And this man with the pause, we won't even we will not even look at that man. Year ten alive And well, was that cheese sauce?
Speaker 2: That's honey?
Speaker 1: That looks like that looks like keeso?
Speaker 2: Am I stress eating? Am I stress eating? You might do? You don't have stress eating Mitch. He's just shaking his head.
Speaker 1: Yes, you might be stressing a little bit, but it's okay, Like, yeah, you finished that biscuit. It works with your feelings. When the podcast is over, you'll be all right.
Speaker 7: You're just anxious for your ten. I mean it's yeah, it's not a bad it's.
Speaker 2: It's it's just a weird.
Speaker 4: It's a weird headspace to be in because you think you're about to leave.
Speaker 3: You're trying to have everything ready to leave on the bus in front, individual front, like.
Speaker 4: Leaving the family.
Speaker 3: Then you're like, you haven't heard anything yet today in a Thursday game.
Speaker 4: It's just like one of those things. It's like do you do you like ruffle the villas?
Speaker 3: Like? Am I trying to just pack the truck up and go today? Do I let it come to me? Do you let other stuff happen first? Do you wait till Wednesday and be like, hey, what do we think the deal is? Now that I know I'm not going to go for another week. There's a lot of those things. Yeah, it sounds like a lot. I'm completely I feel normal, Like you were asking me yesterday, just say I feel normal to talk about it because it again like we can be optimistic about something happening, and if it doesn't happen, you get a peek inside of like, yeah, we're stoked about something potentially happening. If it doesn't happen, life goes on, Life goes on. We have the best life ever.
Speaker 1: Like you're it's not like you're walking into some like oh my life can get so much better, Like you have a cool opportunity coming up, but if it doesn't happen, you just get the backup back into your amazing life right.
Speaker 4: Right, right right exactly, like you have fun doing all the weekends.
Speaker 3: Like there's a part of you having the anxiety anyway of you're like, hey, how you feel. I'm like, I'm low key, like there's a little bit sadness because you I got a seven month old, we got the family thing going on, and you just now that there's a now that there's a gain involve because it's nothing I've experienced playing football at all, like you know, being gone or being away from the family and your gud. I'm a little bit sad because it's coming up and I'm gonna have to potentially leave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, away from UE toorrow. I said, that's it is hard, Yeah, it is hard. I was just kind of waiting, like.
Speaker 1: I almost feel like this situation is harder for you too, because it's not like hey, I have to go to camp, like it's camps happening, Like you're gone from what then you kind of get acclimate. It's not really being around like being like in your zone and then you go in you silly, integrate yourself a little bit back into your everyone's life will also being mainly focused on ball. Now you're going from being totally focused on busting and the family too. I gotta be focused on ball. Boys, Like, I know, you're still gonna be doing your thing on the bird, but at the same time, there's got to be there's just some sort of shock value that might come with this that's gonna be probably making a little bit more nervousol.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, and like, yeah, the nerves are definitely start to creep in the closer it gets, you know what I mean, Because it's all been fun, it's all been great, like training has been going well and all that kind of stuff. But once it gets clos it's like, damn, I might have to leave. I might have to leave here pretty quick. Yeah type of thing. And then you just don't know, Like before I came here to Charles, like, so, have you heard anything, I'm like, sweetheart, you know I would tell you.
Speaker 1: I mean I should be the second one to hear for sure. That's that's that's how it works.
Speaker 2: Boys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, after my agent, yeah.
Speaker 1: I will say, we'll keep an eye on all week. This pot's coming out.
Speaker 2: Tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Hopefully news will be happening before then.
Speaker 3: Yeah again, you never know, and if not, we're ten toes down.
Speaker 1: We're living the dream, no matter what. You're living to dream, no matter what.
Speaker 2: Bud, I'm not there.
Speaker 3: Watch party on Thursday, Live and Well South Carolina this weekend Tennessee at South Carolina. Another tailgate now College a little tour thing presented by Bud Jangles that we're gonna go do. We're gonna keep on trucking pep always, but playout Willie.
Speaker 2: Just know the boy.
Speaker 3: For all the gms that do watch the show, it's alive and well, I'm ready to go. You're a playoff team looking for somebody call the mercenary to finish the job.
Speaker 1: Can you see him eating this biscuit right now? He really had a workout it today and fasted. That thing is getting burnt away. It's already gone off, its coming melting.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I already got a ship. Yeah, already coming.
Speaker 1: Out, already got a ship. Should we hit one of our favorite segments.
Speaker 2: Of the week. I think we should.
Speaker 1: All right, I believe it's time bloss Are you ready shout out of the week?
Speaker 2: Try not to chew that on the mic my shout out this week.
Speaker 8: The weather started to officially change over drop below the forties this week, So I went ahead and washed the sheets on my bed and immediately pulled them out of the drawer, got into my bed, was nice and warm, fell fast asleep.
Speaker 2: So my shout out, no free shout.
Speaker 8: Out this week is getting into a warm bed when those sheets come fresh out of the dryer.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I thought you might be going to sweater weather, and I was gonna be like it might be recently biasedes I spent forty eight hours in anto Re, Michigan, freezing my testicles off.
Speaker 2: I would have had to.
Speaker 1: Like be like, I don't know about that, but I like we ended up with that, Jackie boy, what we have baby.
Speaker 9: My shout out, no free shout out of the week goes to the shower after traveling.
Speaker 1: We all obviously got to get mar against the fly.
Speaker 9: We had an early one, and especially when you're on the road leaving, we had to be in the car moving in like six forty five, so you kind of sacrifice that shower for five extra minutes of sleeping, so kind of hold now.
Speaker 1: Then you finally get.
Speaker 9: Back to your place, get a nice hot shower, getting some comfy cl watch the game.
Speaker 2: Can't beat it. That's my shout out.
Speaker 6: You kind of kind of took mine a little bit, but whoa drum on the bag, Drum on the bag. It's still it's different though, because it's a different type of shower, my shower.
Speaker 3: Okay, November got to Yeah, it's a tough weekend for the boy.
Speaker 6: No, it's like like obviously, like Taylor said, we were freezing our ass off being outside all day, just like Fridgid. So my shower is when you get back to the place and you take that hot shower to warm you up, and it's just like it's like a shower you don't want to get out of.
Speaker 7: It's just super warm. You're like, damn, I could stay here.
Speaker 1: It does take a minute to get out of that thing.
Speaker 10: Huh.
Speaker 3: And you look like you do this as your whole body in the y.
Speaker 2: That is so true, dude.
Speaker 1: Those shower has two were literally hitting me like right here in the chest.
Speaker 7: I was like trying to get down. But yeah, it's a different type of shower.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's outstanding. That's a good one. It's a good one, Garrett. My shout out, no free shout out. It's going to go to everyone on the bus.
Speaker 11: We've been grinding lately and this weekend was just kind of one of those like you guys said it, like you all have carved like a pretty sick life outside of football, and I was just kind of reflecting yesterday. So I wanted to shout out everybody on the bus body because we're balling.
Speaker 2: Nice work, the boys are balling.
Speaker 1: It's been fun good, Like the things we get to do for our job are just incredible.
Speaker 2: This is awesome. Su'd be good luck, No dude, I have.
Speaker 5: There's like a lot I could have pulled from this weekend, but the one I'm gonna have to go with my shout out, no free shout out goes to game Cognation. I think I think I think you two got a little glimpse of it. We're walking along the sideline and what do y'all hear three.
Speaker 2: Or four times? Hey go Cox, Go Cox.
Speaker 5: They have no idea who I am. The game Cognation is rolling throughout the country.
Speaker 2: People did know.
Speaker 1: I'm telling him, You're not lying, But that's the one you pulled from this weekend.
Speaker 5: You're you've just heard Michael Chandler. Even though we lost, we didn't lose. We got Tennessee this week. To my shout out is the game car we will be there too. We will be there, Wally.
Speaker 3: My shout out, no free shout out goes to winning all your bets in a day, going undefeated on the board. I was zero and five on college football. I mean I pretty much lost everything. Jack is on my hit list. He faded me. He asked me who the lock of the day was. I gave him the lock of the day. He went against that.
Speaker 2: Whether or not.
Speaker 3: He's like, I didn't fade you. I was kind of thinking, like he asked, Will who do you got? What's your lock? And I was like Kansas State Baylor over fifty two. And then he just shows me at the bar lay night. He's like, hey, you're not gonna want to see this.
Speaker 2: And Jack won.
Speaker 4: Jack, Jack like won a lot.
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 3: I was tired about it. But it's always darkest before the dawn. Bro Sunday comes around six and oh all my picks and that little teaser we put out there, like did we lose the bet?
Speaker 2: The boys?
Speaker 3: You hate to see it because it was Derek the King, who is the King, and he remains the king. But it's stuff that that's what lost us to at the boys parlay, but the teaser and all six of the pigs.
Speaker 2: Like I was, I was so excited.
Speaker 3: To put the green check marks next to everything, especially going being down bad on Saturday. So that's my shout out, no free shout out. I think it is an extremely successful day of.
Speaker 1: Successful day of gambling. My shoutout goes to staple locations. And what I mean by that is is you live in a small town. You live in a town, there's a place you always want to go to and check out. And I got to experience one of my staple locations this weekend. That's Mister Spots. We were there for the spring tour, and literally the week leading up to this past weekend, all the boys were so fired up on going to Mister Spots.
Speaker 2: We didn't hit this once.
Speaker 1: We hit it twice. Keith looked the boys up. We had Philly cheese steaks, we had ChIL cheese fries, we had cheese, we had shakes, we had wings. The boys listen, the calorie count was up. But going back to where at one point in your life you lived or stayed there been there enough times where you frequent in this spot. There's a reason why them photos of me in college look the way they do, and that's because of mister Spots. I messed with mister Spots, and that is my shutout for.
Speaker 3: That was a mister Sposo's fire, mister sposs fire, And we did it right this time.
Speaker 2: We talked about it.
Speaker 3: We talked about we were hype while we were eating, like, hey, we ordered the right amount of food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because the last time I was hurt, we were hurt fring time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were very hungry. We ate there around three o'clock, hadn't ate all day. My mouth was watering and thinking about the post. Yeah, I need swallow cardifal diet. And we ate way too much to where we weren't even prepared for the dinner at night at like six thirty or seven o'clock. This time, same kind of thing happens. We don't really eat all day. We go to mister Spots at three o'clock. We do our best to order the right amount of food. We bodied it. We got six inch sandwich six inch sandwiches instead of ten. We got the right amount of wings. We had to rune them on a fries. We were living the dream. And then come come dinner time, we were we were back to being hungry and.
Speaker 2: It was perfect. Now.
Speaker 1: The one then that sucked though, was dinner. It was a little tough. The experience was a little tough. The food was pretty good. That lobster bisk.
Speaker 2: At the chop.
Speaker 1: House, dude, Yes, when so if you have the chop House at ann Arburn and Main Street, then you order the lobster bist. They bring you a plate with little sprinkles of lobster on it, sprinkles before they poured the bist in there, and so the guy puts the plate down on Willians over goes, what the fuck is this? It's the bisk, bro, No, they gotta lean back and then they came in with that little tiny silver dish theme poured it all up in there. That was delicious. The food was pretty good. But man, chop House, that's service, buddy.
Speaker 2: Took a very long time. Took us very long.
Speaker 1: We were there for two and a half hours for something that you.
Speaker 3: Know, I get being backed up, but again it's it's it's Friday night, right on a game weekend, like, let's just up a little bit.
Speaker 4: Let's start operating at a high level. Absolutely, let's raise the standard.
Speaker 2: Boys.
Speaker 1: Yes, overall, phenomenal weekend. It was a great time, and even the boys got donkey like you had fun, right?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 2: I had a yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean my weekend was not going to be predicated on Nebraska winning or losing that football game. I had to really set my expectation. But yeah, I had a blast.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: The thing I love so much about what you like. You're like, hey, the weather wasn't our favorite. I could pull up three videos right now from Twitter going like the weather's perfect. I prayed for this like three or four times. Well then they started the game. It's like, all right, this isn't helping the way I thought it would.
Speaker 3: That we get some more hands on balls, like create some turnovers, run the ball a little bit better.
Speaker 2: Kasey Thompson's your quarterback. That was hurt. Yeah. You think he plays, You think the score is different? Yeah? Absolutely, you think he'll win.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know about win. I go I lean on my fundamentals, which is we have a shot. Yeah, Casey Thompson's a good player. He's just not playing because let's you he has a hurt Pinky, which is tough to hear.
Speaker 2: That was tough to hear out loud for sure. Yeah, but you gotta call spade a spade. It is what it is.
Speaker 3: We needed him, you know, Pinky.
Speaker 2: Outstanding boys, outstanding work. Is it time for your talk?
Speaker 3: Do we know?
Speaker 2: Do we have a tear talk? Wing sauces?
Speaker 3: Yes, dude, let's do wing sauces. That's a good call, brother, That's why you're fucking back there, man.
Speaker 2: Good ship. Jack. By the way, Jack, did you love that comment I put on your Instagram? Well, what would happen?
Speaker 9: I had a photo with Chris Ryan cb our guy hooked so at tickets and he commented and I just said, appreciate you fam, and Taylor comments loll fam.
Speaker 2: Dot dot dot Like he's just I just think it's funny, dude.
Speaker 1: I don't mean nothing by it.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: I do it from a place of like love. I think it's hilarious. If you take that much, he hate it that much, I will stop it. But I love like seeing little things and just putting stuff on the people. No, I know Jack and I love Jack, So I I say ship because I know Jack and I have that relationship. I can say, ship, I've heard different, all right, tear talk, wing sauces. So the boys in the back are not going to JP because his whole life revolves around Glizzies and hot wings. That is basically my man's diet. So he will not Will. Sorry, you're right, Hits.
Speaker 4: I gotta calm down. You're right, You're right.
Speaker 2: That's one thing I did learn about Will this weekend.
Speaker 1: I knew he was a snacker, but I don't know how much of a snacker Will was. Every time we came back to that damn hotel, he was rummaging through that snack drawer. Bro, you were going crazy on that fucking, ding, fucking pop tart one night. I literally looked at Will on Friday night and I go, hey, you don't need that pop tart, man, you know I'm gonna get it. I'm I just put it back. He's like, man, he looks at me after I hounded him like three minutes ago. Taylor, I'm gonna eat this. I'm gonna eat this.
Speaker 4: And then I want to make myself peys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when you're drunk with a pop tar, JP.
Speaker 2: Is, I was gonna say.
Speaker 3: JP came in the next day and literally sitting next to my bed was uh a pop tar wrapper, a white claw in tail and all.
Speaker 2: That's so awesome. Davide what you got for us, Bob dude, this is so hard. Well, I don't do that. No, I just love all.
Speaker 5: Wings sauces so much, so I will start out Tier three.
Speaker 1: No honorable mention. If you love all those.
Speaker 5: Your sauce, I know, just because I was, I'm gonna be disrespecting several sauces. But my Tier three is gonna have to go to This is o to Rick Ross lemon pepper, Well, you gotta have some lemon pepper wings from wingstop preferably shout out Rick Ross, send this to him. Tier two gotta go with some sort of like sweet heat honey barbecue type sauce. But it can't be just strictly like the sweet sioca or whatever. There has to be a little bit of spice to it. And then Tier one the og original buffalo buffalo hot sauce with the wings.
Speaker 2: Gotta have it with the ranch. Gotta have all of them with the ranch.
Speaker 5: But if there's something about the buffalo wings dipped in the perfect ranch that just hits, so those are my that's my tear talking on wings.
Speaker 12: Mitch, oh m hm, delicious, classic, reliable, tasty, basic, underwhelming.
Speaker 1: You just left the back of the bus, Willie Baby, what you got.
Speaker 3: It is hard. I honestly I would have it. We can talk about afterwards. It is very hard. My honorable mention, I'm gonna give an honorable mention to all the ones. I don't say, but I want to give an honorable mention to the saucy, the wet garlic PARMI Sean, I think there's a big difference in the way you do garlic parmajan wings. But them saucy boys my mouse water right now, you gotta you gotta thought an honorable mention there. And like the mango hopping arrows of the world is I want to get that one in there too.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, well, all right. My Tier three is going to be.
Speaker 3: And this is a battle between This is a battle between one and two. It's a battle between one, two and three. My Tier three is gonna be uh Asian zing. The Asian zing's from uh Buffalo wah wings. Those are my favorite sauce anytime I went to a Buffalo wild wings. But uh, the Asian style. I'm big into the Asian style. My Tier two. Like the gold sauce wings you talked about zips, Yes, yeah, the goldens there.
Speaker 4: McDougall's has a gold sauce that's very good.
Speaker 2: Those.
Speaker 3: Uh it's got like a little zinc any tang to it, you know what I'm saying. But the gold sauce my Tier one. My favorite is uh, hot honey, anything with that that that sweet heat, That hot honey. Those are my favorite wings. It's bringing a smile to my face because I fucking that's.
Speaker 4: A good day. You get an order.
Speaker 3: Of about eighteen of them, boys, hoping nobody wants to share with you, because then you'd have to order six more just to like kind of offset that in dipped in ranch.
Speaker 4: Hot honeys. Those are my Tier one.
Speaker 13: JP relatable, different, solid, tangy, flavorful wet.
Speaker 2: That Okay.
Speaker 1: I would like to also give an honorable mention, and my honorable mention is going to Sweet Heat as well. I think there's a place for Sweet Heat. I think it's delicious and it was very difficult for me not to put it in my tier group. I think you hit that sweet and you add that heat, buddy, but I think it's incredible now I like to also say all my wings that I'm all the sauces. I'mbout to say, I need my wings extra saucy. That's just how I like to roll. So when you're envisioning this in your head, know that all them boys are drenched. My Tier three is spicy garlic. I think I love some heat, but for whatever reason, garlic to me is just a hitter. I'm my mouth is salivating. I was the same way Buffalo willow wings you go there. They were one of my go tos for sure. Every every single time if I was getting wings, it was spicy garlic and one other that will be mentioned next. So that is my tier three. My Tier two is garlic parmesan. I think it is so fucking good, and once again buffalo wallowings, but also mister Spots, those fucking garlic parmesan wings there, they were so saucy.
Speaker 3: Very good, very good, Goodjon garlic garlic parmajone one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then everyone who's on this bus knows what my Tier one is. If I was on death row, this would be part of my order at Zips. It would be their golden wings, extra saucy, extra crispy. Those to me, are the greatest wings of all time. The greatest sauce of all time on a wing is specifically Zips golden sauce on wings.
Speaker 2: I think this has a hyphen bad breath.
Speaker 7: This one also has a hyphen mouth watering.
Speaker 10: Sauce droopy fire.
Speaker 3: Bitch made just kidding, a very good great.
Speaker 2: Be just for no thing.
Speaker 3: Oh oh the al saw JP my my criticism on yours.
Speaker 4: I would have enjoyed a more specific tier two.
Speaker 3: You kind of paint brushed it because a mango hobenn arrow and then a sweet spicy like you know, those are different levels.
Speaker 2: Of like heat too.
Speaker 5: You're right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've personally never been a big original guy. I could get drug for that, but yeah, like original buffalo my medium, any of it. I try, It's just I'm just not It's not a big fan unless it's like a like a homemade ship you dumpy. Obviously Frank's hot sauce, but a shipload of butter like really offsets that.
Speaker 2: Like hot sauce days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's there's a place traditional buffaloings. I don't hite it at all. I just thought, like, well, you hit were like the base of all the all the ship you know what I'm saying. Of all the wings you like, hit like the basic ones, but they're all good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you get two garlics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you had two garlics.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: He said, spicy garlic. I'm getting this and one other than I'm ye, would that would be my question? You should no matter what, you're getting a spicy garlic and then obviously the golden wings.
Speaker 1: No, no, I get a spicy dock and the palm garlic. I like garlic, bro, I think that's so good.
Speaker 3: So you got golden, parmesan garlic, and spicy garlic on the menu, which till.
Speaker 1: You get I'm just getting golden double up. You can only what you get two flavors. If I got two. If I got two flavors, I do golden and I would do parmesan garlic, all right, But if you listen to my tears, you would know I would pick those two before I pick spicy garlic.
Speaker 2: I know, I just used threw in there.
Speaker 4: I'm getting spicy garlic with one of these other ones.
Speaker 2: Every time. Oh yeah, I said, I said. The next one, I'm gonna say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I can totally understand why my list would be a little skewed with the garlic. It's just my palate garlic. I'm a palate, I'm a galla guy.
Speaker 2: Wing be a.
Speaker 4: Good engagement one because everybody's got there.
Speaker 2: It was on a short notice too, I know. Yeah that was good. That was real good.
Speaker 4: I love hot honey, love hot honey.
Speaker 2: I can't believe zips mander too. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: What do you mean made my two like not one? Yeah, yeah, they're they're solid. But truly if I see like a sweet heater or a hot honey like that is no matter what, always getting chosen.
Speaker 1: Oh what's it called? What's the place we abas go to strike out? And they got some sweet heat there. That's really good. That's probably the best.
Speaker 2: One in the menu.
Speaker 4: They actually have a good lemon pepper.
Speaker 1: Their lemon pepper is yeah, I'm not a big lemberg, yes, but his lemon pepper or saucy. I was not a dry rub guy, and usually lemon pepper is dry rup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, garlic promesan can be dry rub. You gotta really really make sure they're sprinkle like that. I cook him with garlic and.
Speaker 4: Them so mad like now, wings are so overrated.
Speaker 1: That is gonna be a hot TAKEE. But I agree wholeheartedly.
Speaker 2: Didn't they let you didn't they let you make your own.
Speaker 3: They let you combine sauces. Yeah, but they already got their menu too.
Speaker 8: We did the Sweet Heat with the dipped in lemon pepper. We did one time.
Speaker 1: Oh, I hope that's carno if that's what that's carnifor.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: If that sauce is. Hey, awesome episode with Michael Chandler.
Speaker 2: He came on.
Speaker 3: It's been forty eight hours since the fight. He came on. I mean, he's got the black eyes, he's got the cut. Like, we dove into absolutely everything. We talked about the fighting, I Q soup, We talked about people talking about him being a dirty fighter during the fight, just his perspective on it all, which you know is always a plus. But I feel like we covered everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in a short time. There's really there's really no fat on this podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So before we get an episode, though, we're gonna read this album right Yeah, all right, we're.
Speaker 2: Talking about the game Time app.
Speaker 1: This is an exclusive ticketing partner with Barstool Sports, created by fans for fans. Game Time is a ticketing app that makes it easier than ever to score last minute deals on tickets to sports, concerts and shows. And they have the most guaranteed load prices. When we were in an arbor this weekend, I'm pretty sure the game Time app was brought up several times.
Speaker 2: I was gonna seeople were looking for tickets.
Speaker 4: Remember the dude that was coming on the flight.
Speaker 3: It was like, Hey, we're going to in arbit two because everybody we had Nebraska pans and Michigan fans on that flight.
Speaker 4: And the dude was like, oh, we're like, oh, what's Easter?
Speaker 3: And you know, he was like, oh, I'm just going to scop tickets and I was like, bro, game Time App.
Speaker 4: Yes, he remember me saying that.
Speaker 3: We get on the flight, he walks by me, he goes, hey, do you do you have a code? Yeah, a reference code for the game Time app, which Taylor will now proceed to tell you what.
Speaker 1: I will proceed to tell you about it. I'm gonna tell you real quick, dude, you just use code busting for twenty dollars off your first purchase. That is that is a big deal. But if you haven't gotten game, if you haven't given game Time app a shot. Don't know what you're waiting for. You guys are going to love this app. They've got great deals on concerts and NFL tickets. We've made tons of Barstal fans. We've had tons of Barstool fans using it, hitting us up on social about the great deals they are getting.
Speaker 2: This is getting tough, so.
Speaker 1: Easy to use, amazing deals. It's fast. It's the fastest growing ticket app in the US. You're going to love it. The app is actually easier to use. It is for me to read. Download game Time app. Go to the account tab to create a log in and redeem code busting for twenty dollars off your first purchase. Terms apply Download game Time last minute tickets, low prices guaranteed.
Speaker 4: Enjoy the Michael Chandler episode.
Speaker 2: Are we rolling? Because the thing? All right?
Speaker 1: So, when we were at an arbor for the inaugural bust and Bowl, we did see that photo that Sports Center put out like Michael Chandler's transformation, and then may we were at your house that day was the party? That was the party? And legit they caught you on an angle, no question, maybe in an exhal too, but hey, in.
Speaker 3: The most extreme style of like like Mike didn't look bad at all, but.
Speaker 2: You literally were, uh yeah, that was we were rocked up. You were rocked up.
Speaker 1: Then people were like, don't even realize you were rocked up.
Speaker 2: On my stomach, I was doing the the dad impression. Yeah, you know the football around too. Yeah. Well we had just beat you guys in bags. Yeah no, I don't think.
Speaker 3: Uh they came back, right, you guys came back yeah, because we were up big, weren't we You're up enough something something and let them keep playing that you were up.
Speaker 2: Three nothing and then we beat we were deaf.
Speaker 1: We were up I think thirteen nothing like it was. It was a big the boys got.
Speaker 3: But the after photo where you see like, go ahead, I don't even know you see like the ripples of your like the amount of weight that you cut.
Speaker 2: You look sick. You look like.
Speaker 1: If you would use that photo of you to teach people anatomy, this is where this muscle was you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because Bree with all of her medical schooling and stuff, she's like, yeah, you look like a cadaver or whatever. They yeah, yeah, but yeah, it's uh, it's always good to show that stuff on fight week too, because I also obviously launching the fitness app and stuff. It's like, you know, hey, this this is attainable. But obviously I'm a professional athlete. I trained, you know, twice a day, freaking twelve weeks to look like that. You gotta be proud of that photo. Let's be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw that photo and my face is all that. I'd be like, I'm not I don't own a T shirt anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, the ab implants helped too, you know king Yeah, yeah, are you liver king in it? Actually? I am gonna go uh carnivoring it for the next like two months probably. Really That's how I stayed so lean. I came into this camp really lean actually because I was. I was carnivor for like two months straight. Yeah. Last time I had a rib bi and some broader down. I'll be doing the same thing now. Yeah, look like Mike Chandler, Yeah, zero carbs. You look good though. I feeling good. Well, now we're on the mic. I still wanted to get that one in. Yeah, I feel you. I feel good. You know you uh part of it because.
Speaker 1: When you're watching when you were watching the fight, and I actually I want to go like through everything like your thought processes, because I thought when you walked out, you looked we were all saying, the boy looks loose, like you looked like there was not a piece of stress on you. But during that flight, my boys, you started leaking heavy, you started putting all of your blood on the back of that man's head. And seeing that fight and then seeing you now, I would say you look fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was in a hyperbaric chaman this morning. Helped, and I do I do heal really quick.
Speaker 3: You got the face mask, the face mask photo where you got the you know, you taking care of your.
Speaker 2: Face a little bit and put the face mask on a couple of times, already iced a couple of times, tons of inflamma, anti inflammatories, a lot of Tumorico Creeman, Kirk Cuman. Just pump all that like crazy the next week or two and do you like a little bit of do you like? Wake up and you're like fuck, oh dude, yeah, I sneezed in like my core just from just from bearing down and kicking, bearing down and punching bearing down and getting punched neck jaw abs. I mean everything head to toe basically, everything hurt. Everything, anything that didn't hurt, no peep blood after which is normal? Really you said it's normal, rap though, Yeah, whenever, I whenever you go through those hard like, yeah, those fifteen minutes, this is almost like thirteen minutes or whatever it was. So yeah, just get a little bloody or you're in just to make you feel alive. Have you peopleloed before? No, it's a very painful experience, and there were people of Mine wasn't painful. Mine's just red. Must have sometime it was green. I don't remember. I don't know why that happened. You say it was green. It was green. I don't know. After an IV. No, it was after just after one of my fights. Really, I still need to ask. I've asked numerous doctors and medical professionals, like I have no idea what that was. I mean neither, But I'm still alive.
Speaker 4: I just I can't believe you're here on the bus right now.
Speaker 2: I'm looking. I'm always on the bus. Probably two nights ago, we're in a fight, landed yesterday. Yeah, have you.
Speaker 3: Been feeling like since the fight, like mentally not obviously not physically, like you just talked about that, but like mentally, how have you been.
Speaker 2: Dude, good. I mean, I not to downplay a loss, because man, you know we're winners. We want to win what you want to do. But dude, I we've talked about this before I had I'm in my second career now. My previous career was before outside of the UFC. A new career is inside the UFC. Inside of the UFC, I have fought five of the toughest dudes on the entire planet. At one hundred and fifty five pounds, the who's who of the guys who compete in my weight class. You're gonna win, You're gonna lose when you lose. If you lose in a way that I did with a fight like that against the number two guy in the world. I think there's a lot of people that think my stock continues or eyes and now we just kind of sit back and see, you know what happens. Once again, it's not always about the wins and losses, about how you make people feel. I think people felt something. People feel something, not just you know, at MS, but around the world. The highlights are everywhere. I think people appreciate my contribution to mixed martial arts, the sport of mixed martial arts. I think is better with me in the UFC right now, and things are going really really well at the last twenty four hours hanging out with my family. Took hap to school this morning. It's all the teachers that I always see, and they're like, hey, how are Yeah, yeah, I'm like, I'm doing good. How you guys doing good? To see U. I'll pick them up today after this walk over there because it is a nice day. And then see all them and a lot of them have seen the fight, I'm sure. So it's just fun. Man, life is good, feel great.
Speaker 1: It's a weird thought process thinking about you going to see like your kids and the teachers, because that doesn't happen. Doesn't happen for everybody like that. So many schools teachers are saying just no disrespect. People that are working at reilar nine to five jobs in and out. They look the same every single day. And then these teachers know your kid, so they have some sort of personal bond to you. I'm sure they're sitting there paying the fifty five dollars or whatever it is for pay per view watching you go. And so you just and the way you just surround people, the way you operate and the way you hold yourself when you're around people, people root for you, like the boys. When we were at the Brown Jung after the game, there was one individual who was a thrower, shot put whatever he does for Michigan. And at first it was fun because he didn't know we're boys with you, and he's like, I got poorier and I'm like, sure, you do so words tripping a little bit, and then he really started getting into it and I was like, there might be a UFC fight in this in this Brown jug right now. But that's how you know this guy, your your personality, how you operate, is it definitely.
Speaker 2: You humanize the game to people like you.
Speaker 1: Like when people watch individuals fight or play football or hockey, it's all like these are heroes, these are individuals that it's unattainable. And then when you're around you're like, you make it more human because of how like you don't act like you're better than everybody.
Speaker 2: You have a very you're very calm.
Speaker 1: And stay right here at all times, and it's a very impressive thing to do with all the success you fid in your life.
Speaker 2: Well thank you, yeah, I mean I didn't. I yeah, it's it's funny too, because when you're in it, you don't really think about the success. I don't know, I don't really think about the success that much. I'm just just kind of living, you know. I'm kind of like going doing my thing. Hey, what's my job? My job is to be father and husband until I going to training camp. Then it's be a fighter and also come home on the weekends be father husband. But you know, it's it's cool, like I know, tailing because Taylor was there. For everybody who doesn't know Taylor, your wife was there was awesome, so I was glad that she got to.
Speaker 1: It was looking electric. Will even point it out, well, do you see how hot your wife?
Speaker 2: It was cool. They they had so our stylist our, our mutual look.
Speaker 4: At my wife.
Speaker 1: I was like, come on, buddy, Taylor sent a picture of I was like yes, I was like yeah, they Yeah.
Speaker 2: They were all decked out because Christa was there. She got her so they had Megan Megan Fox's uh makeup artists come to hotel. They all got all dolled up. She rode over to the venue with us, so she was taken care of.
Speaker 1: I heard her the first time that uh Brie was escorted with you first time, and I was like, oh, I'm kind of just like here being escorted and it's his experiences.
Speaker 2: For the first time it was and it's uh when it's not because we don't want Bri to be there escorted with me. She actually she gets because you you go to the fights and I'm always later on the card. So you watch those first ten fights before me. You see dudes get knocked out, you see arms get broken, you see guys who were supposed to win lose, and this anxiety level just starts rising and rising. So she likes to get there if I'm fighting at eleven, she likes to get there at like nine thirty, ten o'clock. Yeah, but this time it didn't really work out that way. She we wanted. It's New York. It's hard to get around. I had security with me at all times, a guy named Drew NonStop. I couldn't leave my room without him escorting me somewhere. So I was like, hey, let's have you with me. Why don't you guys come over to the venue with me. They came over to the venue like three hours early, which is not normal for her, So it was, uh, it was good. It was very very cool for her to We walked in the arena hand in hand. She was looking foreign, and uh, if it happened, it was good.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I just I think it's because you've obviously been on the pod what four or five times now, You've only come on pretty much after the fight's over, and it's very much like appreciated you willing to come on like this fast after a fight, especially when this is gonna drop tomorrow. But I'm just curious, like you, each time you've came, you came after a win, you came after a loss, You've said all the stuff like you the way you the way you grab a hold of perspective is like it's very admirable. Like I think you're like one of the best dudes out there. I love hearing your perspective on everything. I think you rub off on us, Like I just always appreciate it. But I want to dive inside your head, like after that fight's over, you can spin it any way the entertaining I lose this way that way, but are you just like fuck man, I'm so goddamn it gets so fucking close, because you could have there's parts where you're like, you know you get gas in the first round because you had you had an opportunity. You're like putting them down. This motherfucker's just taking shots. Were literally like, and I know Jack was like rolling the phone on us in the back. We're starting to jump like it's about to be over, and for whatever reason, that motherfucker just wouldn't go and you're out of it. You're obviously you're obviously wearing yourself out more because you're you're seeing the opportunity.
Speaker 2: You're trying to finish him.
Speaker 3: You're trying to wrestle him even more down so you can get on top of him and stuff. And when it just doesn't happen, are you just like before you grab the perspective, are you just like, fuck man, Like, when is it gonna just flip? When's the ball gonna just bounce my way for a second in one of these big situations where you're like right fucking there.
Speaker 1: Because what you were like it was also similar with ol of Aarra, right like that first round where I'm at Will's house and we're like, oh, this is over and this is the way the game goes. Sometimes stuff flips on a dime, like not only after but like after that first round round you had him, he was in that corner. You literally it was like, he's won the first round.
Speaker 2: We knew that. We know he's won the first round.
Speaker 3: He bounced back in the first Yeah yeah no, but yeah, yeah, bounce back.
Speaker 2: You tell both these duser gas.
Speaker 3: You're just like, man, Mike just comes out in the early innes Sea round because you could tell dudes or gas. And again like I'm always that boost this morning explaining to people. I'm like, dude, you're trying to like wrestle be on the offense wrestling this guy because you had the opportunity, and it just it takes so much out of you.
Speaker 2: I apologize, I kind of stole your.
Speaker 1: Thought No, no, no, I we went back and forth on that. Basically, it was it was like not only your thought process after when the when the the experiences concluded, but just in the middle of the fight, like in that first round, how it went. Where was your mindset at what were you thinking? And then also at the end, what Will was trying to say is where like when you're like, damn, it's like when is this gonna bounce my way? Cause there there are those two fights now off the top of my head where we're talking about a whole totally different situation. Were Oliver you knock him out, that's done. That you could have took poorer out done, And it's just this is not like a slight like, oh man, you could you couldn't finish. I'm just saying, like, does that weigh on you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It does because well and that's that's the other thing too, Like when you talk about you're fighting the best guys in the world, and the best guys in the world aren't just they aren't just technical, they aren't just good fighters. They're also extremely tough, you know not, and not just tough and all, they're also just they've they've been whether it's luck, whether it's chance, whether it's just genetically, they're able to withstand the beating that I'm that I put on them. And same thing with me as well. I mean, like Poria said after the fight, he it surprised him how durable I was. We're just when you're in there and you're in the spirit of competition and you are something wells something up inside of you, you are outside of yourself. You are not I am not Michael Chandler sitting there, I am a being that just has an indomitable spirit, and you don't you don't go down, you know, like you said, in that first round, Pore was hurt. I went for the finish it obviously, you know, I had to throw everything at him. But I do remember after the fight too, because they bring you back and you know, everybody's just you know, don't hang your head. You know, we hear that all the time, whether it's a hard fought game, whether it's a hard, hard fought fight, but you know, you just yeah, it's just it's sad. You know, I cried, cried like a little baby, which is also just awesome too. It's awesome moments that you get to enjoy. Is it. Is it painful, of course, but it's also just like when when the high of the of the victory or defeat, or the high of the competition comes down and it starts to starts to hit in it and it's over and you miss it. You know, you miss it. You miss that that opportunity that you had, whether you missed the opportunity to win, but also you also just miss it. You you you aren't yearned for that competition that that we just had, you know, and the high comes down, the adrenaline comes down, and the human emotion starts getting into it. And it was, Uh, it was sad, but it was also beautiful, like it makes you feel alive. I said that in the postfight press conference, and everybody's like, no, you don't need to do the press conference. You don't need to. You know, you're fine, You don't you need to the hospital you need I'm just like, no, I'm good. I told them I don't want to go to the hospital. Don't need you to the hospital. I get on the microphone, win or lose, and uh, because I think that's what people want to see too. I mean, somewhere between the craziness of the competition and the guy that I am inside the cage and also just the the person I am outside of the competition is the kind of the real me where I've talked about living on both ends of the spectrum of crazy, just the crazy juxtaposition between the two and man, it's just this is my story that I'm writing and a masterpiece that I'm painting for my sons to be able to see someday, you know, and they're going to say, that's who my dad was and I won't have to tell them because they're going to see it all. They're gonna hear it all. They're gonna be able to watch it all. Yeah, they're It's gonna propel them and push them towards what they want to be. But it's freaking yeah. It sucks. Man sucks losing. But but did I lose? You know? I mean I saw what Taylan said to Breed too. It's like, yeah, I lost, but I'm winning what you said, I'm winning. I didn't win, but I'm winning. I'm winning at the game of life. I'm winning at I'm winning at being the guy in the arena that everybody can point fingers at, laugh at, throw venom at that can that can make fun of and make memes about. But here I am ten toes down, pumped up about my life, love, my family, love, my love, my calling, love, what I get to do with two black guys. Possibly a broken nose. We'll see what happens with all these scans and X rays. Who knows, But I live to fight another day, either physically or metaphorically.
Speaker 7: Yea.
Speaker 1: We interrupt this episode to bring you whistle pig whiskey. There are a lot of whiskeys out there that are delicious, but some burn more than others, tastes more different than others. Whistle Pig whiskey and Rye honestly is phenomenal. But in our opinion, the greatest whiskey that has ever been created is in will confidence hands. And that is our and that is our new busting with the boys. Whistle Pig whiskey. Dude, this thing and I've been told and I've tasted hints a carmel talking about toasted almonds, roasted almonds.
Speaker 4: Victory Monday latte.
Speaker 3: You're gonna feel a little heat up front, and you're gonna be a little nervous, Like, what's is gonna be like going down my throat and it's gonna nestle down your throat nice and smooth. I'm not shooting you. I know I'm trying to sell this right now, but I'm not showting you. It's very smooth whiskey. And I'll sit warmly on the top of you or something when you get done. These are out any carrier, any retail store that carries whistle Pig. Somebody just hit us at Michigan over the weekend. Hey, we just bought three bottles of your whiskey is at Costco. So check out any retail source that carries liquor. If they carry whistle Pig, they're going to have our bourbon. Because there's how many states that you can't order during this sixteen states.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, Tennessee happens to be one of them. Yeah, Tennessee's one. I know, Michigan's won.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of big states that our audience is in that are like, holy shit, why can't we buy Why can't we order your bourbon online? There's a legal thing going on. There's a legal thing to where they can't ship it too that state. However, any retail store in your state, all retail stores in your state that carry a whistle Pig carries this bourbon. So go to any retail store, any local retailer that carries whistle Pig.
Speaker 4: Call ahead, Hey, you guys carry whistle Pig. The answer is yes.
Speaker 3: Take your family, take yourself, go right over to the retail store and our bourbon will be there. Click the link in our YouTube description to buy it now to see if you can buy it online, but if not, go to a retail store right before the weekend hits and buy our bourbon.
Speaker 4: Back to the episode, I think that's the cool part.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 3: You let you again like going and doing the press or after like doing this, you know within forty eight hours after like you allow people to look find the curtain on it, and it is like a roller coaster, right, Like it's not like you're taking all this time to like find the right thing to say or the right way to do it or this is.
Speaker 2: There is no right time and there is no right It's.
Speaker 3: Cool because every that's what every human kind of goes through anyway, Like they're always battling in for you to like show yourself no matter whether it's sad, it's it's the craziest.
Speaker 4: The human guy. I was a being here. I'm crying at this point.
Speaker 3: I'm bleeding death taxes and Mike Chandler bleeding in a fight is forever. But I know, I think it's I think it's really cool man. Again, Like I appreciate you sharing all this stuff because I'm just always super interested, like like at the end of the first round when he catches you or you just like motherfucker or in that like I'm thinking sometimes like say you're on a long drive defensively you know, you're like in the beginning, you're juice, You're going and you say you're in the middle of a game. Sometimes when you get backed up in the red zone, you're like fuck man, like, hopefully somebody else makes a play or hopefully they fuck up to where you're not, Like, we're not always so programmed to be the most positive person in that time frame, Like the human side kicks in fatigue, makes cowers of us all like, was there a moment you probably it probably wouldn't happen, but is there a moment after the first round you're catching your breath's like, motherfucker, Like I need to come out here because this is kind of what I have left in the tank and because I'm I'm starting to bottom out condition wise because you threw so much atom in that first round. Like I'm curious what goes on in those in those like when you're wrestling, you're up somebody after two pairs of the third piers coming and you kind of feel the incoming and you're like, I need to either make something shake or try to like to me isy in that last in that last round, you can tell he's kind of leaning like let's just let's get through this round, versus like Lens winning because he's winning, like does the strategy and those moments change because you're just feeling your lungs, you're seeing, you're feeling the blood like he kind.
Speaker 2: Of shook me at the end. Yeah no, And that's and I think that's been the biggest criticism of me and how I fight. And people will call it fight IQ, but I think it's just it's my spirit. It's it's who I am. Like I've I've never once thought, Okay, let me just get through this round. I never once thought, hey, let's play it safe. I've never once thought, let's hit the brakes a little bit. And would I probably win more fights. Could I have been a world champion if I've done that. Probably, But it's just not who I am, you know. So after the first round, second round, I wanted to get a takedown, got the takedown in the second round, beat him up a little bit on the ground at that point, my nose gushing. I mean that's the other thing too. I mean, fatigue makes cours of you all. And you're talking about fatigue when you can breath through your nose and your mouth. I didn't breathe through my nose the last you know, eleven minutes of that fight. You know, my mouth wide open. With the mouth wide open too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, button gets a little bigger at that button gets a little bit bigger, and and.
Speaker 2: And dust and poorier is a is a. He's a very precise striker. He's very good at He's very good at just pinpoint accuracy punches and bunches when he gets guys hurt. You know, he wasn't wasn't able to to finish me on the feet, obviously, But yeah, it's uh, dude, it was just uh massive square garden is beautiful and it's amazing, but it sucks so bad. I still didn't hear my coaches can't hear a thing. Your lungs are shaking from just the atmosphere in there. It's it's absolutely I don't want to fight there ever. Again. I'm now zero and three there, you know, so uh yeah, so uh it's just uh fourth one though, unless it's Connor next year, we'll see you. But uh, you know, I uh it's it's it's the craziest place to fight ever, and it's it's uh, it's you can't explain it, you know, I'm sure there's an arena that a stadium they all have played in where you're just like this is this is different, but massa Garden is that.
Speaker 1: You know, It's so hard to compare the two things because it's the most obvious difference is it's team sport versus individual and there you can't get I can't get cused from the sideline, like do this differently, Like there's a there's a break, there's an intermission between each play, between each play, Yeah, but there is. There are stadiums obviously, like Kansas City is Seattle. Those you just know it's gonna be a little bit different, Like in twenty nineteen against the Ravens. It just it's loud, but there's you prepare for that because you know what you're going into. So there's a different cadence. There's a different way we know what we're about to do. There's things Tannehill or Mariota would do and say to make sure you know what you're supposed to do in that play. So very difficult to compare those things. But so you're Vegas, Vegas or bust guy.
Speaker 2: Now, I well, first of all, I have to fight in Vegas, like I still haven't fought in Vegas. Yeah, fighting in the UFC now, I fifth fight in the UFC. Haven't fought there yet, so that would be I have to fight in Vegas before I hang out the gloves. So yeah, I need my next fighting is to be in Vegas.
Speaker 1: But what you can happen, We'll call some people JP. Yeah, I guess JFP Cam.
Speaker 2: What do you think about?
Speaker 3: What do you think about some of the people that feel like you were fighting dirty in that fight, Like people talked about you hitting them in the back of the head. You're obviously like when you're gushing blood, you're gainst them on his face. I think it's fucking, you know awesome. The fish hooked to try. Well, that meant him out, Like can you speak on that?
Speaker 2: Like, well the blood, Yeah, the blood thing. The blood thing. First of all, that's not dirty or illegal. And second of all, he had me in a triangle. My head was over his face and my nose was gushing blood. Was I trying to clear my nose and trying to breathe and trying to survive? Yeah, you know, so if blood was gonna get on his face, sorry my bad, but no, yes, I did. I thought well it was well, no.
Speaker 1: First of all, it looked like he was you were making a painting, you were making a Jackson Paul on his face.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like, well, it's kind of like, well, hey, if you're if you're if you're content to lay there and you're content to try to get this submission, which nobody I knew he wasn't gonna get it, but he was just gonna lay there and he was buying his buying his time. Uh, you're gonna you know, get rained on and possibly you know, the snot rockets were going to come out because it was just gushing and it was it was all coaggulating inside there. And also I'm trying to breathe at the same time. You can hear me still Snow, you're both trying to kill each exactly, you know. So it's a little bit uh, you know, all all three of those things you just brought up, little bit unfair for the armchair quarterback to say the back of the head thing. Did one or two of those punches catch his head, Yes, after he turned his head, but I was catching his ear with every single one of them. That's why the referee was there watching the entire time. Monologue. He said, watch the back of the head as soon as As soon as he did, I said, I caught. I caught his ear, you know. And then after that, was there any more punches in the back of the head. No, All of them were clean, except for maybe one or two after he turned his head. And that's actually a part of mixed martial arts that we are told if a guy turns his head. If the guy turns his head in order for you to punch him in the back of the head, you get those one or two shots. You get the You get those one or two shots because you you didn't do it intentionally. The actual head moved. It was ear ear, he turned back of the head. Okay, now there's your warning. Don't hit in the back of the head anymore. So completely fine. The fishhook thing was not a fish hook. A fish hook is on the lip and on the skin. It was actually on his mouth beach with which I actually thought was his chin. I reached down and grabbed here because I was gonna pull the chin up Connor saw I was training in a ton that week. Reached down, grabbed the chin, lift the head and go for it. I thought I had his chin, but it turns out I was in his mouth and I didn't really realize it until he bit down on my hand and I was like, oh, shoot, okay, and at that point my elbow was stuck on the you know. So, I mean, you're also.
Speaker 3: You're in the fucking you're both trying to fight while also trying to like, all right, I have you know, You're just you're all trying to like figure out your gas thing too. When he's turning his head or when he knows he's trying to try and get you in a submission, he knows.
Speaker 2: He's probably not gonna get it.
Speaker 3: You're probably just trying to sit there like I just need to catch my breath for a little bit.
Speaker 2: Also, there's there's a times too where it's like people can watch it and they can watch stuff in slow mode and they can say, oh my god, I can't believe he did that. And you're like, when you're on the line or you're taking it doing a tackle, you don't know where your hands, where your feet are, what you're grabbing, what you're You're just you're in the moment, you're in the motion, you're in literal hand to hand combat, so you don't know what your hands are doing, what your feet are doing. You know, if you blatantly head butt somebody, okay, if you blatantly punched some one of the nuts. Yeah, but these things where you're grabbing and you're you know, there's times where you're you're grabbing a guy's grabbing a guy's glove. You don't realize you're grabbing a glove. You think you're grabbing a wrist because you're not really, you're not thinking clearly.
Speaker 1: So I'm sure the ref understand that, and there's someone knowledge.
Speaker 2: That's why they're there. Their eyes are on it, and there's warnings if you they you're grabbing a glove or you're grabbing a mouthpiece, you're grabbing whatever. Then then the ref steps and he's like okay, shoot, okay, sorry. Yeah. So I mean I'm not I'm not that worried about it because people who know me know I'm not a dirty fighter. Like we're in the heat of combat as well, so it's like whatever.
Speaker 1: When uh so you're talking about a lot about armchair quarterbacks. But after the fight, it did seem like there was some sort of tension. I feel like, boy, you got in your face and then all of a sudden said something super nice to you, and you kind of just gave them the dap up and walked away, like yeah, that was always well, yeah, after the fight, what was that whole experience like, because you're You're like, I don't know, did you say this because the tailor told me you were, like, hey, I was gonna shake his hand no matter what.
Speaker 2: Did you say that publicly? I said that publicly and then I went over to do it, and then I'm yeah, and then I don't. Really, I'm not the kind of guy who's gonna, you know, be in his cereal right now. He he I feel like he could have been a better sport about the guy that he just beat, coming over to him to congratulate him, and he wasn't. So I walked away, So I said some choice words walked away. He kind of chased me down to like because he knew he was being a d bag. Yeah, and then uh, then he kind of tried to squash it. Then I kind of trolled trolled him a little bit. I tripped at him a little bit, and then uh, and then.
Speaker 1: You need to beat That's necessary, you know, Yeah, that's necessary.
Speaker 2: He loves win lose the necessary, you know, because I mean, yeah, I mean, that's that's part of it too. Man, I don't know. I'm just I love winning. I don't like losing. But I also I don't really care that much. Man. I always say too, my God still loves me, my family still loves me, and I still love me, and but the boys still loved me whether I win or lose. So I'm like, I'm sick cure in myself, and I think a lot of people can't really accept that or think or they think that it's they think that it's not genuine. So all I can be is authentically as myself.
Speaker 1: And yeah, have you how did it take you to get to that point where you always like that really lessen? I love myself, my family loves me, God loves me. Or was it I hate losing more than I love winning? At some points?
Speaker 2: No, I mean I I mean I was insecure for a very very long time, had a very lowly view of myself. And we've talked about my self image and my self image problems for years and years and years. Never thought that I would ever even come close to being here under the bright lights and cameras and Madison Square garden and fighting for titles and stuff. I think it's just been we underestimate how long it takes to get to that point. And we're all just continually evolving beings who are being just being chipped away and molded by all of our experiences. You know, I think when I was, when I was younger, I just wanted to win, win, win, And now I'm just like, I love winning, and I train. I think I train harder and I prepare harder than everyone else. I deserve to win. And then but when the bright lights come on and then it's time to that case door closes, it's not even really up to me at that point in time. You know, the the outcome is gonna take care of itself. So then I also just throw throw it kind of out there and let it fly. And you know, I could, I could be probably a little bit more strategic, as we talked about, like with an like an israel Ota Sonia or one of these guys. Don't be that strategic. Yeah, it'll get boring quick, yeah, you know. And yeah, I mean I probably could have won some more fights, but I am who I am, and I've enjoyed my run thus far, and I'm like, keep on doing what I do? Why not?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 2: I was just gonna try and be a little If you watch the.
Speaker 3: Tape over and over and you say, could I be closer to a title or be a champion?
Speaker 2: Probably?
Speaker 3: Why not look at that, hear what you're saying, watch the tape and be like, here's how I can be a better fighter in the octagon versus just going out there and letting me, you know, all the adrenaline take over, letting yourself take over, uh, and trusting more of like the preparation that's going to go into the fight versus like allowing just this crazy ass iron mic step in there and.
Speaker 2: Let it all.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: Like when you when you fight, there's a reason why you said it in your last fight, like you what everybody wants to see and it's it's amazing, But there.
Speaker 4: Has like yeah, why not be smart?
Speaker 2: Why not be smarter about it? Because I don't think it's as easy as a lot of people think it is as well I think, uh, I mean.
Speaker 3: I want to ask why you like you say yeah probably and throw out the anybody else thinking it versus you just sitting there and self scouting yourself why why not approach it in a way that would benefit you more, for like going for a title, being there with the gas tank just you know why.
Speaker 2: I think. I think in those moments and in those exchanges where we say, okay, well I hurt POORI in the first round, hurt Charles in the first round. Had I not been fighting that way, that explosive, that fast, that in your face, that foot on the gas pedal, those those opportunities would never have existed. And you're gonna see two guys. I'd be on my back foot more, which takes me more of a defensive stance instead of an offensive stance. And most of the time me being offensive has worked out more often than not. So it's uh, I mean you also have to you have to play to your strengths and your gifts as well. I think I'm I think I'm faster and stronger and more athletic and and have a lot of speed and just the tenacity to be able to in those moments one one guy starts to break and one guy starts to kind of conquer, if you will. And I have to be able to get to that that place with all the gifts that I have, you know, but I'm more I'm more saying taking a round off, like some guys, do you know I would rather? I guess not rather, but I just it's not in my nature because you're probably it's almos trying to think like I'm trying to think of your fight, like there's not a lot of things other than like when you're getting gased, your hands are down, and you're just thinking like you can tell, like you can tell the man's tired at the end of this first round, right and then in the second round, you're probably like, in your offensive nature, hey I got this much in the tank right now, I gotta take him down an awesome takedown.
Speaker 4: I guess I'm just trying to think, like, how.
Speaker 3: Do you do you look at it and you're like, okay, I need to if I'm run out of the gas in these moments, do I look at some of the training or some of the conditioning that's happening because I'm such an offensive, explosive type condition level fighter versus a more of a steadier pace start to fight. Do you look at how do I get a little bit more condition if I'm gonna be this way and play to my strengths, do you end up going back and kind of like, you know, maybe I need to change my training up a little.
Speaker 2: Bit, yo. And I think I have changed my training up a little bit, so regrettably. I think as a as a guy who as the actual fighter who is in there competing, I don't I wouldn't say that my my competition, my competition course of action is exactly like my training either. But it also I think mixed martial arts is different than a lot of sports too, where the competition is so much different than the training that it can't even be it can't even be portrayed to the aerademic. Yeah, it's it's almost impossible. It's impossible in any arena, let alone Madison Square Garden, you know. So that's that's the other aspect of it too. That's a little bit. I mean, it's even bewildering to me. I look at it and I'm like, yeah, I didn't exactly train like that. I'm not upset about it. I'm not regretted regretting anything. And it's almost just impossible to do it, you know. And I because I've actually my I've toned down my training a lot. If you guys saw the way that I trained compared to the way that I fight, It would it would blow your mind. I choose my three four training partners that I spar with. They're safe, guys, I'm not going crazy. I'm not in fighter flight mode. It's it's light, it's technical, I'm not taking damage. And then I go out in the fights and it's completely different. Straight fight or flight.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, it's really just or just.
Speaker 2: Going to the octagon.
Speaker 3: The gate closes, like, yeah, it's gotta be so hard to like, yeah.
Speaker 2: Imact the code on figuring out that those types of exactly. And maybe I'm a maybe I'm a pretty interesting science experiment that well we'll look at some day and people will break it down and say, you know, why does that happen? But also you only get which is crazy. You only get I think the fear of me under achieving because I look at I look at this last loss, I look at my previous losses wins. I don't think I've ever underachieved. I think I let it all out there, put it all out there. I fought well that I make some mistakes, of course we all do, and every every game, every fight, every ever thing. But I've never under I would never say I'm underachieved. I'm not. I'm not upset with my performance ever. So I think the fear of the fear of that guy who sits in the chair in the medical tent after a loss and say, man, I freaking I did not put it all out there tonight. I did not go for it. I did not I did not fight like uh, the guy who like fall into the ground and trying to do the little clips. Yeah, exactly like I would. I would, I would be, I would be I would be so embarrassed of that, I would be so let down of that, and I would be I would be so regret I would. I would regret that so much more than than the me who went out there and went out on my shield. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But you so you've talked about like the evolution of yourself. He dealt with a bunch of insecurities in the beginning of all this madness when I was starting the self doubt, the way you look at yourself in the mirror, and obviously that has evolved to become more and more and more. I think what Will is Will's trying to get at is those opportunities you had with charless and poorier, like you can still have those opportunities. But maybe in the second round, because gas things are all the same in the beginning, everyone's fulton. You come out the way you do. Listen, I'm a guy that knows nothing. I watch you. I've never wrestled in my life.
Speaker 2: I'm a fan.
Speaker 1: I like to sit and cheering the boy. So everything is great and salt with what I'm saying. But instead of you know, wearing him down, seeing where he's at, you can still be offensive and then maybe that second round you have that he doesn't have the same gas think he did in the first round, maybe you get that finish or is that like does that ever like come over your head? Is because I think what we're getting hung up on a little bit is taking a foot off the gas or like taking a round off. And I would never expect you to do that. I don't think you would ever make that compromise to yourself. My thought is like, why not just play some chess a little bit that first round you can still go hard and go hard on the paint, knowing, Okay, I'm gonna tie him down in this X, Y and Z, and then in the second round we finish business the way it needs to be finished.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think I'm saying yeah, okay, all right.
Speaker 3: Makes I'm personally like the when we talk about the science project. I feel like in fighting, it is hard to kind of put your finger on. But I feel like if I'm putting myself like if I were happening to be a fighter who's had your who's had your matches, I would just be frustrated on figuring out how can I put my finger on, how I can either finish these fights or not. Like I do get because you look at the last fight and it's hard to think, how would you do some different? You saw an opportunity to put him out, and you tried your fucking damn just to put him out. That he catches you, You're fucking You're tired, than the second round happens.
Speaker 2: It is what it is. So it's yeah, it's just I just I'm I.
Speaker 4: Just love being in your head. I want to ask as many questions as well.
Speaker 3: I think also obviously been on the pod a lot, We've talked about the wins, the losses and everything else. I want to know the self fucking Michael Chandler that's thinking about this thing and being like.
Speaker 2: Fuck, I do X, Y and Z. I'm just curious. Yeah, though, No, the hard the hard part about mixed martial arts too, or fighting just a fight in general, is it's like you can find yourself either one hundred percent offensive, but if you're not one hundred percent offensive, then you become one hundred percent defensive or somewhere in the middle. And it's hard for me. When I'm in the middle or I'm in the defensive posture, I start to overthink things as well. And I don't want to overthink things when I'm in there. I'd rather just get get in there, get in there and get into the get into the craziness of it, because I also know who I'm also fighting, another human being, who has a breaking point, who has self doubt, who has who has a who has the second guessing of themselves. Whenever they see me, they they feel my presence, they feel my pressure, they feel you know. So there's it's a it's the mind game, the physicality, the technique, the fear, the one punch ko the one punch, not the one punch kick, the one the one submission you can catch somebody in the wrestling and the dog fights. It's it's just it's a beautiful sport. But if I'm not one hundred percent offensive and one hundred percent putting foot on the gas, it's tough to Uh, you start to over think things. So I think maybe that's a crutch of mine, Maybe that's something I could have worked on. But I'm also a little bit too too far gone to think about that now.
Speaker 4: So yeah, again, I respect the shit out of it.
Speaker 2: I'm just too far gone. But we could all grow, we could all get better.
Speaker 3: But it's we're fucking curious how it all goes down, because even listening to you talk right there, it's just the methodology, like I'm not gonna allow myself to think I'm gonna get the fight started, like I'm gonna deal with all these things, I'm gonna get this thing going.
Speaker 2: I think you do a great job.
Speaker 3: Obviously, All everybody in your corner, we just sit there and everybody wants everybody wants you fucking win just like you do. And so when you sit and look at it, like, fuck, you got gas there, not because of a like a conditioning level, but because it's like it's hard as fuck to finish. If he didn't go down and you're having to wrestle him and he's kind of just stabilizing and trying to catch his own breath, and you're just trying to wrestle him to the ground, be offensive and it just doesn't happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, it's it's hard.
Speaker 3: It's hard to be like, how do you even fucking get to a level of training to get there because you kind of can't because you're in such a fight or flight survive.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to end him.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to do whatever possible, and how can you actually mimic that without just being like fuck, you just need one of those shots to land and he just goes down.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, yeah, that's the thing too. I mean, well, and that's where we talk about. Wait, I forget what you were saying earlier, but there's there's a little there's a piece of luck in there as well. I mean you there's a piece of luck and chance where I mean if one of those punches lands a little bit higher, a little bit lower, a little bit harder, a little bit different angle. I mean, I remember in the fight, I was like, I'm about to finish this dude landed four or five shots on him. He doesn't go down. I'm sure he thought the same thing about me. Four or five shots lands on me, nose is bleeding like crazy. You don't go down. There's been times where you hit a guy and he goes down and you're like, that was easy. I felt like I did't even hit him. And you feel like sometimes you're hitting them with a baseball bat and a two by four in there, it's a center block as hard as you can and they don't go down. So it's it's uh. And then all of a sudden, then you're left with, Okay, shoot, we got two more rounds left, We've got four more rounds left, we got whatever, and it's it's uh.
Speaker 3: The scary part for me, Yeah, personally, Yeah, getting tired. I'm just like, oh fuck, yeah, that's I mean, that's that's the scariest. I don't I don't remember being too too tired in this fight. I remember being very tired in a lot of fights. I don't remember being too tired in this fight. As far as actually mentally acknowledging it. I was just got up in the moment and enjoying it too, which is a little bit sick probably. But we interrupt this episode to bring you guys Ridge Wallet. No free shoutouts to Ridge Wallet guys. Christmas is coming up, Black Friday's coming up. There's a lot of good deals going on. We got you a really good deal that's going to be up to forty percent off with the boys that Ridge Wallet. Get your boys something that you know he needs but won't buy for himself. The Ridge Wallet is an ultra slim minimalist wallet. It holds up to twelve cards plus cash. There's over thirty different coas and styles, including the carbon, fiber, and Titanium. There's also an RFID blocking technology that protects you from digital pickpocketers. They also have new key cases to help organize your keys sec Here's anywhere from two to six keys. It organizes your keys and compact silhouette and fold out for easy access. Get the best offer at Ridge dot com forward slash busting and save up to forty percent off through December twenty second. Get your boy something you know he needs but will not buy for himself. That's Ridge dot Com Forward slash busting up to forty percent off through December twenty second.
Speaker 2: Back to the episode.
Speaker 1: And then the first round. After the first round, you get back to your.
Speaker 2: I seeing the fight, by the way, and I don't really remember the fight.
Speaker 3: You were literally the best seat, so you were there. Yeah, that's as crazy as I like believe you that. It's like, I'm sure it's hard to even remember all this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't remember. You don't really remember a thing. You don't really remember a thing.
Speaker 4: Because I'm sitting there, I'm like, I mean, both of you guys are very fucking tired.
Speaker 2: Of the friend. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I feel yeah, we're kind of sitting there like, buddy, there, the hands going, we're moving around, we're like grabbing each other.
Speaker 1: It was a bit of a deal.
Speaker 2: That's okay.
Speaker 1: So the first round, you finally get back to your coaches. You can't hear a thing in mass square garden.
Speaker 2: What are they telling you? I remember Henry saying, because because if I remember correctly, the end of the first round was not great.
Speaker 14: In my in my that's where he bounce back and yeah, maybe around it'd be around there, like maybe I don't know what, like the points said, like Mike was laying in massive blows, though I think you touched him more than he touched you, just the way that first round in and it's like, okay, thankfully.
Speaker 2: That round ended right, so not been enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember kind of like thank god that you remember looking at that clocks in five four, I'm I please God, just get to zero because there was you had him and then he taught something. So yes, absolutely, you get you get back to you get back to it.
Speaker 2: Henry. Is it? What's Henry talking about? Henry?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 2: Because I think the way that that first round ended, that's when he was like, okay, well, don't don't get into a brawl. In his mind, so he was saying, you know, go out there, get a takedown. Should have worked, should have worked the body more. The distance was going well. He threw a lot of straight left hands that weren't landing. I was getting out of the way to those I wanted to step off land a right hand. We worked a lot of that that didn't really happen too much. I think I'm gonna at one. But yeah, they were more just like, hey, let's let's try to secure this next round. Go out there, gonna take down. We got to take down second round. But what was that I staked down? I don't remember. I need to go back and watch it. We might try to do like a breakdown of the fight. Yeah, yeah, I mean why I lost on the scorecards, which the scorecards. Yeah, I lost the first round on the scorecards, which is which was good because that was one of my I did have a moment to regret there when I was like because because I think a couple of people said that I had won the first and second round. Because I won the second round, I thought, according to the scorecard too, yes, two of the judges, I think so in my mind, I'm like, shoot, if I was up too, oh, I should have been a little bit less gung ho in that third round and played it a little bit more safe. But to me, it was one one and I'm not going to leave it in the hands of judges. I needed to go out there and try to put it on them.
Speaker 3: And then there's absolutely no way hell unless you guys just no one gave out that fight was gonna go all three rounds. Yeah, I just I mean, you guys were you guys were just getting after it, getting after it, which always happens was your fights. Like You're one of the most electric fucking fighters out there. It's just like, God, damn, I here. You want them to you want the ball to bounce your way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that'd be good. But also, dude, I I gont care last dude. Yeah, I'm thinking my own my record, think of my own.
Speaker 3: Selfishness of like we're fucking God, damn the boys. We were so hurry brother.
Speaker 1: Them all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's the truth. It is the truth when you get to that point too, where you're just like dude, and even like just that, like f mall and even you where it's just like, dude, you're winning, like we're winning. As long as you're doing what you can with what you have, with your best foot forward constantly, you're winning and it's gonna it's gonna work out, you know, whether you win or lose, whether you you know, are successful or you're a failure whatever. Like I I'm not. I'm not at the point now where I'm even worried about it. I'm living a dream. This is this right here is the happiest I've ever been in victory or defeat, no matter what. Why Because I walked on. I left BELATORI left the relative relative security of being the face of a promotion, getting paid great, great money, coming over to the UFC, making so much more money for my family than I ever thought I would, so much more platforms, so much more everything, and it's it's just absolutely a dream that I'm living. So maybe that you know, the big time Michael Chandler supporters out there like god, dang do, but we just want you to win, dude. We I told all my boys you were gonna win. I told all my friends you were gonna win. You're gonna be champion, Like that's cool, but you know, we're fighting the and also we're fighting the best guys on the planet at my weight class, the best guys. So if I'm not that, I'm not that and I can sleep fine at night knowing that.
Speaker 1: And not that you empty the tank no matter what, Like there's a you can't have regrets if you put full effort out.
Speaker 2: If you have everything you have, there's no regrets. Yeah, And I think that's where I'm kind of trying to get at too, that I can't really put into perspective, and people are probably just like, dude, you sound like a loser right now. You're completely okay with losing, You're completely okay with falling short, and I and I I'm not, but I also am because I think there's I think there's so much freedom in that, and I think there's you can't you can't live in full freedom unless you're completely okay with losing as well, you know. And I don't want to. I don't want to. I don't want young kids to be like, oh, it's okay to lose, because I want you to. I want you to work extremely hard. I want you to be disciplined. I want you to try to become your best self. I want my sons to know that I it's okay to lose, but you deserve to win, you know. But I think in the deserving to win, you also have to when you're putting yourself out there and being the man in the arena and being the guy who who puts himself completely out there, you're gonna take losses. It's gonna happen.
Speaker 3: So yeah, and you said it too, like putting yourself out there, like to go that hard. You have to be willing to be able to look failure in the eye if you're going to exhaust yourself that much. Because you in my getting to watch you being your friend and everything else you do do that. So you're saying and like, yeah, people, the big Mike Chandler supporters like, if I'm sitting there fan of Mike Chandler, yeah, we want to go to the top. Why don't you want to talk about the goals of winning. But like, knowing you, I like you put everything into everything. So the fact that you come up short, it's like you can sleep well at night because you know I am doing fucking everything I absolutely can and I leave it all out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, And it's just a but it's also just a metaphor for life. Man, this is what we this is what we do, and this this is life and every single endeavor that we choose to go down, every single road that we choose to go down, and mine is fighting in a cage and collecting scars and black eyes and broken noses, and you know, it's it's uh, it's my story and it's a beautiful thing and it's an awesome platform and I'm not upset about it. The sun rose this morning, two boys woke up this morning, my wife woke up this morning. Some coffee and life is good and I'm on the bus. The rest that's lit.
Speaker 3: Bisacia, I would always say, he like he would just you just see a random message.
Speaker 2: Fuck them all just dude, I love it back.
Speaker 4: Damn that sucks. You didn't get you didn't get the head coaching job. Who cares for them all?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And just keep it moving. Yeah, and that's yeah, that's the kind of freedom that you want to be able to live in. Yeah, I don't seem you see him calm. This is the columnst I have ever seen you like. It's from an energy standpoint for sure. Yeah, I mean, I don't know what the future holds. You know, what do you think?
Speaker 3: It all?
Speaker 4: It was like, let's play, let's play sandbox.
Speaker 2: What do we I don't know. I know what the future holds for the next couple of months. Enjoy the enjoy the holidays, see see what shakes out. You know, the title is mean at this point, I'm not talking about the title, but the you know, the title fights happening in February. You know, Connor's coming back eventually. I'm on the short list for that fight, I'm sure, but I don't know.
Speaker 1: Hey, that's the fight though, right, that is the fight.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's I think. I think, I think, I think at this point it's hard for me to vegas. I'm not a big self promoter, but like yeah. I mean, I'm I'm the we're here, Yeah, we're your boys, got promote forever. I'm the I'm the guy that that people want to watch for sure? What are you better or worse? Oh? Me and McGregor fight. International Fight Week of next year July International. Well, yeah, the UFC always does International Fight Week in July. That's when all the people from around the world come to Vegas watch the fight. I thought it's usually usually one of the biggest cards of the year. Usually they do one July and like November, like this Madison squarecard one was the biggest, the other big one that they do. And uh, that's what I think. Chandler versus McGregor July. I mean I have all the Yes. I lose this last fight, absolutely, but did my stock rise? I think so? Do people want to watch me fight? Absolutely? Will people ever not buy the pay per view? If I'm if I'm on it, I think there's a long shot. I think everybody wants to see me fight. I'm gonna sit back and wait and see how it all plays out, wait for the phone call. Because I think, without without sounding too narcissistic, I think I'm the guy that everyone wants to watch fight, and I'm not gonna do it unless it's something that excites me and something that I'm willing to leave my family for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because people don't know, like it's not here just hanging out and be like, all right, I gotta fight in a week.
Speaker 2: I'll see you guys.
Speaker 1: But you have to literally go and leave your family, yeah, and basically just take over this different lights.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And it's a complete place mentally physically and spiritually. That that is that is absolutely draining too. I mean, just you know, I'm sitting here one hundred and eighty six pounds sitting on the bus right now. I'm I was just one fifty six what seventy two hours ago, you know, And and of course, yeah that is inflammation. And I you know, stuffed myself after the fight, you know, And and I did have pizza. Actually I am not a big carb guy, you know, but I had pizza. My boy Jimmy picked up some raised pizza and uh yeah, yeah, we went back to you know, I don't I don't even like it actually had too much cheese on it. I wish they we went light on the cheese. But yeah, we went back and we had some pizza and it was up till four in the morning cause I didn't get back to the hotel un till like two in the morning. Yeah, you know, it was just a late late night. So it's been my body's kind of out of out of whack, off kilter because I've been sleeping so perfectly, eating so light, eating so lean, and all of a sudden, my body's like, yo, bro, what are you doing right now? I'm fasting today until like another two hours, three hours just to like let my body. Took some smooth moved tea to clean it all out. So maybe I'm less than one eighty six now, but U and that piece happening right down swing Yeah, but anyways, no, back to that. I mean, it's inflammation.
Speaker 3: It's this a brother thirty pounds being extrictly to the rest and to the fight culture of like, yeah, maybe I did X, Y and Z, but everybody else like yal thirty fucking pounds.
Speaker 1: So people pause that and call somebody, hey, did you hear he lost thirty pounds?
Speaker 2: He did it?
Speaker 3: Text from one of his five buddies, like, hey, come on, why are you lying? Like you know, some of that's inflammation, someone I said, it was like the ninety nine point nine percent of everybody out there's like, yo, thirty pounds, oh insane.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a lot of it. A lot of it was the you know, the dehydration and the rehydration. I mean I was one seventy five within twelve hours, you know, drink two gallons of water and I'm almost one seventy five. But but yeah, going back to the preparation and what what gets me off of what what gets me out of the house, what gets me out of you know, working on the other businesses that I'm doing, and the investments and and just the family and friends and beautiful life that I get to live. What's going to pull me away from that is something that excites me, that that I have to go be away from the family for that is gonna you know, take care of me and my family, going to continue to increase the platform. That's where I'm at at this point. And I love fighting for the UFC. I just talked to Hunter Campbell yesterday, who's the number two in charge of the UFC, basically, and uh, you know, I love them. I love the opportunity they have given me. They love me. Danny called me the arturro Gotti of the UFC, you know, which is which is too true? Inside of the cage, I think for about as accurate of the depiction as you could have. But it's got to be something that really excites me because I you know, I'm not going to do it for just anything, any fight and it's just another fight, you know. Yeah, that makes sense. Got to be McGregor. McGregor makes a lot of sense. We'll see what he says it does. It does make sense. I heard it here first on the bus JP.
Speaker 3: You got anything with the fighting stuff our core, our UFC correspondent, it'd be heavy.
Speaker 5: More just a question if you if you'd want to rank your opponents that you've had in the UFC toughest to I don't want to say least toughest, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tough to the opposite of that man, I would uh, I would go uh gaitschee TOUGHESTI a second, only because only because of the way that the fight went, because was poor was very uh very light on the ground. I think he was actually he was resting a little bit under there. I don't know if he was really trying to get away a lot, which is actually probably really smart, because I think he was. He was he was conserving gas. There's no there's me while I was trying, while I was just trying to hammer away, which is very smart. Shows his veteran mentality. Then it would go uh Ali Vera after that, then Ferguson, then Hooker. But the Hooker fight didn't really count because it was it was so quick. It wasn't even really that much. He didn't really get to show his toughness. Dan Hooker great this last fight, so he needed that win. Yeah, Dak Prescott's teeth tweeting me, that's crazy. That's the Revenge's.
Speaker 1: Prescott.
Speaker 2: Josh Keller. Uh but uh, Dak Prescott revenge to her? Yeah, walking into crazy lest Well, yeah, I mean and yeah, I mean, hey, if I had, if I had to walk away right now and be like first five fights in the u f C, only five fights in the UFC, We did our work piece. I'm out Barry Sanders. So y'all, would you, uh who you want to fight next with? Not Connor? I don't know. It's got Like I said, it's gotta be a big fight. Nate Diaz just left, but he could come back. Whenever I would fight Nate Diaz. I would fight George moles Vital. I mean to fight. I want to fight these guys at one seventy two. Probably healthier for you, healthier dude. And and these guys aren't that big career cut. Literally, I don't can't. I'm not getting get older, Like it's not like you're some young, some young cat going to these tournaments. Well that's the thing. I'm older. But I've also proven that I'm that. I I mean, I've been It's kind of like I've been there, done that, got the T shirt. Man, Like, Yeah, I've never missed weight my entire life. I've never pulled out of a fight. That's something I wear as a badge of honor. So fight these guys at one seventy, these guys who are won fifty five ors at one seventy. I would. It would be naive and somewhat delusion oldest for me to sit here and talk about the title. I'm not I'm not nowhere close to fighting for the title now, So I'm not going to, you know, fight five fights in the top five again to try to get back to the title at one fifty five and all that kind of stuff. Do I think it's still a possibility in the cards for me. With another big win, I could fight Geechee again. I could fight who else is in the top five, Olivera, you know, I mean there's the Olivevera fight. I like the Olive Ara fight. I would love that rematch. I would love the Gaigy rematch. But then you got these young hungry guys too that are coming in. Hafelfasive, who's actually a training partner of mine. I think he trained with us for a while and went back to Russia or Highland or whatever.
Speaker 7: Somewhere.
Speaker 2: We'll see. I have no idea. Boys, where would you want to fight Conrad? We'll wait on seventy for sure, at his biggest, at his baggest, and it's most dangerous. He did put out a little picture the other.
Speaker 1: Day to sixty five in the bank. He is, yeah, he is looking rocked up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I uh, you'd be.
Speaker 3: Faster in a fight. This is from Zach Deaton. Could you beat faster in a fight out of me and Taylor? Oh my god, I don't know, dude, It'd probably be me.
Speaker 2: It'd be harder. Answer, it'd be hard. It'd be hard. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm almost six weeks postop ACL surgery.
Speaker 2: How are you doing? Let's talk about you doing fantastic.
Speaker 1: You don't need to worry about me and Boss.
Speaker 2: We're living.
Speaker 1: I literally walked a drunken marathon this past weekend and I have hardly any swelling in my knee. That a life literally could not be better right now, let's go. Yeah, it's been amazing. But uh, who do you think he would beat in a fight? Me or Will?
Speaker 2: Who do you beat faster? Will? Only because I'm looking at you right now, I would definitely beat Taylor, Dude. I would crush Taylor, so.
Speaker 1: Probably, dude, Ei, there is film of me getting knocked out, so.
Speaker 2: Oh oh yeah, I know exactly. There's a film with me getting knocked out in a fight. So you been in a fight before? Will? Not really Yang, dude.
Speaker 1: No, but you got ground game? Oh I Will has tossed my ass around in wrestling?
Speaker 2: How many times at this point? Great wrestling? Yeah, do you think you beat Do you think you could hang with him in wrestling?
Speaker 4: Hang with Chandler and wrestling.
Speaker 2: Bring the eagle out? Crazy part of me says, maybe I love that? Not at not when I'm one ninety dye one day.
Speaker 3: We you know, just give me, you know, give me a little bit of time. But wrestlings wrestling's fucking Cody, Him and Cody wrestling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for anybody, everybody's listening. Tody is one of Will's brothers.
Speaker 4: Dude, I don't know. I'd have to tap in with Cody, but Cody.
Speaker 1: With Cody and me wrestling, you get about four about four whiskeys and Cody gonna stop.
Speaker 2: Now he's gonna stop. How much is your right now? I mean he's on the mat every day. Oh yeah, because he's coaching. Yeah, yeah, so he's got got that old man. Old man.
Speaker 4: You guys are probably wrestler.
Speaker 2: I don't know, he's not.
Speaker 3: He's he's in the sixties. So it's probably be tough. So s you're heavier and you guys are like good wrestlers. Yeah, but it'd be fun. Get him out here for Nasha for a day. We go to training camp. We just roll around on the mats a little bit.
Speaker 2: I'll wear a single or a Zo single. He can wears Nebraska single. Get there.
Speaker 4: Get the little ankle bracelets out there, green and red.
Speaker 2: Ankles to the anklets would be hilarious. It would be funny you dust him. I'll say it for you. I dust dead fourteen to one. Probably I wouldn't quite tech for him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I like, it's just I'm joking Cody.
Speaker 3: I think it, Uh, it depends how much wrestling you do year round, right, Yeah, I'm thinking of the technicality of just wrestling.
Speaker 2: I probably do more wrestling him. You think so, probably then you probably would wrestle. Does he wrestle with the guys? Yeah, he wrestles live with the guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Cody's thought about he Cody's like wanted to like do the fucking little vet tournaments that because he rocks with the parlor.
Speaker 4: Circuit all year round.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm still out of my league right now.
Speaker 3: So all those five seven day intensive camps and stuff like that, Like he still brags about it. He's still like you see the competitiveness in him about it. It'd be funny you you, I mean you were a stud I was I used to be. Yeah, but still you're still fighting. You still wrestle all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who knows one day, Well, we check it out one day, I know. Well, for sure, Cody would want to wrestle Cody would do it, like, yeah, if we call Tody right now, he'd be in four hours, he would be. I mean when I.
Speaker 2: Get done boys, yeah, yeah, yeah, when I get done fighting, I'm not gonna do any more wrestling or any more of that stuff. I'll probably just lift weights, just strengthing, additioning. What else can we hit on?
Speaker 3: How's your uh, how's your your walk on your app and everything going, it's going good.
Speaker 2: We're still yeah, we're still waiting to get approved by the app store. We're approved on Android Google Play right now, but you can go to walkofit dot com get the web based version. We actually connor how many episodes did we do fight week? Probably eight or ten. Yeah, we did like ten episodes of all behind the scenes stuff too.
Speaker 4: So you have sellowing you through your regimen and everything like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So all of those videos are exclusively on walkonfit dot com only for members. And obviously we have all of our training programs, diet, nutrition, supplementation, all my secrets I picked up over the last twenty two years. So all the boys go out there subscribe walk onfit dot com. Hopefully it'll be done on on your iPhone soon, but you can go to walkofit dot com and get the web based version, which will look exactly like the actual app. It's just not available on the App Store yet, so Apple freaking approve it, dude. I love that.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: Anything you want to talk about I know we've we've basically put the spotlight. We've been peppering you the whole Yeah, you guys have no I'm joking. Uh no, man, life is good on the bus.
Speaker 2: I love us.
Speaker 1: I want to ask about audition. I want to ask about this carnivore diet.
Speaker 4: This last question brought to you by Roeback. It is known as the Roadback question.
Speaker 3: Use code Boys on roadback dot com for twenty percent off your first purchase.
Speaker 4: That's r h O B A c K dot com Code Boys b O Y S.
Speaker 3: They work with the best collegiate athletes, from Will Anderson to the Boy Michael Marry to b Jon Robinson Robinson. They also just dropped new performance joggers. You guys are gonna love these Code Boys twenty percent off.
Speaker 1: Back to the episode, why why carnival diale? What's the what's the benefits of doing that? For the next two months?
Speaker 2: I just like I like, uh? I like red meat is now the red meat. No, I mean you can do, you can do, you can do chicken. Yeah, I just I just think, yeah, chicken thats are delicious, But I think red meat is just the best. Honestly, But doesn't red meat have a hard time digesting? Isn't that? That's what I say? But I feel, I feel phenomenal just eating red meat. Last night I had just a huge rabbi with some with some butter on it, grass fed butter, and uh actually we had some sushi too. They order some sushi, so I just had some some fish as well. Yeah, but I mean, really I do like eighty percent carnival. I still eat a lot of vegetables here and there, but just it's based on just no carbs. No carbs are the enemy. Carbs are the Carbs are the enemy. If anybody wants to lose weight, go go a month without eating starchy carbs, bread, pasta, even potatoes and that kind of stuff. Just go off of it and see what happens.
Speaker 7: Off it.
Speaker 2: You don't, we don't need it. The food pyramid which said what ten eleven servings of carbohydrates.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was the that was the base of the pyramids. It was created. You follow that thing to an elementary school, You're like, this is It.
Speaker 2: Was created as a marketing tool for the agricultural industry, saying we need we need this much wheat. It was made by a guy out of Minnesota who had ties to the to the wheat industry. So it was just we were sold a huge lie that protein way up at the top, to whatever up the top two. Second tier should be at the very bottom, mainly protein, mainly protein, vegetables and fruits. And then you know, if you're gonna do dairy and stuff, which I don't do dairy, you say, grass fed butter.
Speaker 1: I try to stay away from dairy just because I'm I will just follow whoever. Yeah, you know, if you're like, hey, this is the best route to go, I'm like done. I'm not touching dairy ever.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 1: I pretty much just stay away from gluten and dairy.
Speaker 2: But I mean, your boy, yeah, but you're you're a big guy who always trying to keep weight on as well too.
Speaker 1: Now right now, not right now, I'm at like to eighty six, so I think I'm gonna bump it back down, probably try to get in the seventies.
Speaker 2: There you go sixties, maybe nimble that's the fifth nimble, that's the fifties, that just dabble in the fifties.
Speaker 1: So you think you think the carnivoard is like the move for all that, but just staying lean, I like, I mean.
Speaker 2: I've I've liked it, I've enjoyed it, Yes, staying lean for sure. And then and then if you follow, like you know, the two people really to follow, like liver king carnivore MD.
Speaker 1: So you you are a supporter of liver k liver king, Uh is a strong word, but.
Speaker 2: He's not exactly You're a supporter kind of a you know, he's turned himself heast turned himself into he's turned himself into a straight up you know meme guy where he's just doing crazy stuff. But yeah, do I think that, uh, generations before us ate a lot more organs than we do. Absolutely do. I think organs have been demonized and carbohydrates have been praised, you know, absolutely, And I think it's backwards. You know, eating nose to tail is is UH is something that should be looked at because that's you know, generations before us eat that way, you know, not being afraid of liver heart and testines, kidneys. I haven't eat testicle. Yeah they had to, but who knows if they wanted to, you know what. Well, but also but a little bit of brand, it'll change your life, yeah, in a bad way. Spots. Over the weekend, we had.
Speaker 1: Three meals the whole weekend, two of them at Mister Spots, which is like Billy cheese, steak wings, chili cheese, fries, milkshakes, and then we went to like a nice little steakhouse which is service, by the way, awful, awful service, but the food's pretty good.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, you're talking to a guy. I just had pizza the other night. So I still pizza one night and was guilty about that, right, you know, last time I had pizza was that at our at our Memorial Day party or whatever party that was. That was the last time I had pizza. Pizza last night, and then yeah, and then just tonight, and then are whatever three nights ago, whatever night it was, And uh, I'm not going back. It's not going back. Steaks carbs is zero carbs. Well, I mean I get car car you get carbs from vegetables. I really enjoyed eating a lot of dates this training camp, actually, which obviously is sugars, which is carbs. But it also helped me stay regular. But when I say carbs, I mean when what When you think of carbs, you think of grains, pastas, reds, potatoes, those those things. Sweet potato used sparingly a little bit. If you're training hard. The problem is everybody listening to this, chances are they don't train hard enough to actually need that mint that much carbs. So how do you keep your energy while you're working out? Bats? Rotein and mental and physical intestinal fortitude of a Missouri boy lock in Missouri guys, dude show. But I mean the UFC makes all of our meals throughout fight week and stuff. So after after my after my weigh ins and stuff, I was eating a decent amount of carbs. I was eating a lot of sweet potato and stuff. And I even questioned it. I was like, hey, I haven't been doing a lot of carbs, and he's like, it's okay, throw some carbs in there. So energy level felt fine for the fight. Whether it looked that way or not, I'm sold.
Speaker 1: I'm carnivor or now can steaksw months grilling it out weekly updated pictures there you go, Just send me a picture of your steaks back and forth every single time you're on top, only doing red meat.
Speaker 2: Uh, that's mainly what I like, because I feel like it's so hard to find chicken that's not just pumped full of minkey grow thirty er chickens on one of that Jack Kangaroo.
Speaker 5: You think it's hard to find chicken, we have the perfect chicken for you right now that this episode is actually going to be presented by Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah angles angles o, my god, A little surprised. We got there. We go hand breaded with joy and breaded with joy, That's what it says. He appreciate that, appreciate that. Oh we got here. I'm Carnival now.
Speaker 1: I can't beat that bread and just caning. Hey bo Jingles does hit though.
Speaker 2: That's good. You know about to open that thing up. I just want to take a peek. What's it talking about? That it starts till tomorrow, dude. The diet started today and I went off yesterday. Boys, I went off yesterday. Oh how good was that? Buddy? So I didn't tell you boys.
Speaker 1: We got back from the airport Atlanta in Nashville, Tailor texts me, hey, can you pick me? Up at the airport at twelve thirty. Uh huh, oh really yeah, So I said yes and I did it. So then I went to the best soft serve ice cream place of all time.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Yes, got a blizzy What did you get either? They had a pumpkin pie one was the fall mood. So I got the pumpkin pie one large. Then I pick up tailor, go to the house, get a little hungry shake shack burger fries.
Speaker 2: Gosh, shake, no way, what kind of shake? Goodie?
Speaker 1: It gets worse, bro, yes, yeah, it gets worse. Then everyone's coming, like not, everyone's coming over to sale. Had some family in town. Her friend Natalie came into came over the house, and we're like, hey, we're watching Yellowstone. Yellowstone wasn't washed, but pizza was ordered, and so it was cold Stone Creamery.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, you had you had a ten thousand calorida.
Speaker 1: I went off yesterday and I kept by playing that little mind game, you know, you talk like we were talking the other day, like hey, it starts tomorrow, Like it starts tomorrow. So I'm like guilt free eating I feel like a piece of shit, Like you feel so bad after eating pizza twice in the last six months.
Speaker 2: I'm like, listen to my day yesterday.
Speaker 4: That's a personal problem, though. The dude like, yeah, cool, how God.
Speaker 1: Went a little crazy day. I woke up today, clear eyes, full heart. I'm ready to start. Are you good? I'm ready to go right now. I got to work out in got buried. I don't know if you guys can fuck it was legs, So yeah, it starts today. I haven't eaten yet today, though, what time is it either twelve one one? I had lunch at one thirty at the house boys and be like, no vegetables, no cars.
Speaker 3: I'm late about to have the easiest life of life of all time, like cooking for carnivore, you know, yeah, steak and butter on top of you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna beat me, souvie sere done? Hey, literally do you have to butter?
Speaker 1: I get, I get like this is a weird fear, but I'm kind of I'm kind of I'm fearful of dairy. I know what I just said yesterday, but I'm saying when I'm taking my I'm not lactose in tolerant at all. I've done my blood work and they're like, yeah, you're good with dairy. But for whatever reason, I'm like, I feel like there's also an enemy. Like when I'm going crazy like I did yesterday, I have no issue, there's no problem. I'm not getting up in the middle of night shit in my pants. But I also like, if I'm taking my shit serious, which I do now, I look at I look at that butter. I look at that butter, and I get nervous. It starts today, boys. Everything starts at some point, and it was always day one at some point the bus, first Nago bus, and ball was Saturday. At eight hundred years from now, they'll be talking about what a legendary trophy.
Speaker 2: Game this is.
Speaker 3: But I had to start it sometime, and you can always pause it. What do you mean you can always pause the diet? No, But I'm saying you can't. You're saying no right now for me, like the minute you break, you failed.
Speaker 2: You can't work like that.
Speaker 4: You gotta have some fluidity with your with your lifestyle.
Speaker 1: I should be taking notes my boys got year ten Eliven. Well, I'm saying you can be taking like, Hey, I'm carniable.
Speaker 3: Guess what I'm carnival right now. I might pause it when I eat this Bojangles real quick. Yeahs. Yeah, it gets my system. You press play, you can plays.
Speaker 2: Not a diet it is, it's not a diety pause.
Speaker 4: You're confined by the ways of sciety has put these norms on our brains.
Speaker 3: Just start talking, like yeah, hold, buy into the matrix, dude, the Carnival.
Speaker 2: There's some pride chicken right there. Eat it. It's meat. Yeah, but it's no carbs.
Speaker 12: Love it, love it.
Speaker 2: We haven't had carbs. Dude.
Speaker 1: Wow, I love bo Jangles. I'm obsessed with bo Jangles. It breaks my heart to say I can't eat bow Janngles right now. I was there yesterday too. Would you want to be part of the intro with us? Sure, I gotta get I gotta get the body work though.
Speaker 2: You gotta leave. Yeah, it started, uh right now?
Speaker 4: Oh you can take off, you can take it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ladies, gentlemen, Michael Chandler. Yeah, thank you guys for having me. Thank you guys for having me.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you. I know, I remember really diving into like mediculous things. I just I like, I'm just in my head, like I want to Like, you're sitting here with the top five fighter in the world, I want to know all this stuff. And you've came on after pretty much your last three fights, three or four fights on the bus. Yeah, and we do all this stuff all that saf If you guys want to know more about Mike's mentality, I'm sure everybody who's followed along as a Tier one already knows it.
Speaker 2: I wanted to get in more.
Speaker 3: We wanted to get in more like the gritty details of like yo, you know, the side without the before, the perspective, that little part in between.
Speaker 2: But I appreciate you man this, Thank you guys, Thank you guys for having me welcome. What Will said? Yeah, what wi