Speaker 1: Hello, it's your favorite sports thunk here.
Speaker 2: Don't forget to hit that subscribe button to join the fastest growing community on YouTube. Remember, nightcap doesn't happen without you, so please subscribe or you're gonna make Ojo craw. Well, guys, we didn't get much defense tonight, Ojo, we had a very entertaining game. If you like offense, if you like points, this was the game for your liking. Both quarterbacks played out standing. Jordan Loved thirty one to forty three, three hundred and thirty seven passing yard, three touchdowns, clean game, zero interceptions, one sack. Dak Prescott thirty of forty three nineteen three touchdowns, no interceptions, one sack, clean game. Green Bay rush the ball thirty five times for a buck sixty four. The Cowboys rush the ball twenty six times for buck seventeen. If you like if you like offense, this was the game for you. If you wanted to see some defense, I'm sorry you'll have to wait the next week the very interesting ball game.
Speaker 1: I don't really have a lot to complain about.
Speaker 2: The only thing I will question, Ojo, Yes, Sir Matt Lafleur, right before the half, Oh, the last two possessions before before the half. Oh, Joe, you struggled offensively. Now if you reverse it, you struggle your first two drives. Now your last three drives, you.
Speaker 1: Do what you did.
Speaker 2: I agree with him going for it, but after you struggle, you don't do that. But other than that, I got no qualms of what happened tonight. What did you like about what you saw and what you didn't like?
Speaker 3: Hey, Honestly, when the game started, it was a doozy. I thought it was gonna be bloring. I thought it was going to be a blowout. Uncle, it was twelve two. I think I will have twelve thirteen. Yeah, I mean something like that. I'm like, well, listen, when the Packern got the ball again on that third officer series, I said, if they go up again and get to get to twenty, I'm going to bed and take me in nap, because there's no way, I'm being honest, it's no way the Cowboys are gonna be able to come back. Especially I think it was the first quarter they had what sixty yards of offense something like that. But obviously it turns out to be a very good game, a very entertaining game. From the end of the second quarter on into the third and fourth and listen, Romeo Dobbs, he had this coming out part of the night he had. If we didn't know who quarter who was receiver number one was for the Packers, we know now. Romeo Dobbs showed out the night and played one hell of a game. That Deak Press. God, damn, why am I talking so fast? Dak Prescott played a phenomenal game.
Speaker 1: George Pickens.
Speaker 3: George Piggins looked very good to night, made some really clutch plays, some dope stuff, showing what he can do with the ball if you put in his hands. He doesn't always have to be a deep ball. He has that ability to have that that yack as well. Outside of that, man, they ran the boat. Teams ran the ball well. They were. They were well balanced with the run and the pass. And I enjoyed it. I hope John Jenkins was okay, though. I hope he's okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope you guys put took my little my little thing I did today. You see what I did? You know, I told Michael don't get a sack. I said, uh uh. Indiana Jones wasn't gonna throw for two touchdowns with mother pick. Yeah, Jayalen Hurt is gonna have more than the Yard. I knew that, you know, easy, that was the only thing. O Yo, I agree with you. I mean, look Cowboys, I mean both teams. You laughed at me when I said, oh, Joe, I'm not so sure. I mean, I like the audition for the Michael going to the Packers. But I asked, I said, oh, Joe, are you sure they're better than the Rams? Yeah, they're better than the Rams? Are you I'm gonna ask you again on Joe, are you sure?
Speaker 3: Whoa, whoa, whoa. I don't remember you asking me about them being better than the Rams?
Speaker 2: Yes, because I said I would say the Eagles, and I say I would put the Rams in front of the Packers. And you said no, no, no, And so I asked again, I'm gonna ask you one more time.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm letnna get this now. If we if we're doing in comparison now offensively, it's it's a tass. I can go either way. Now, if we're gonna if we're gonna go from a defensive standpoint.
Speaker 1: And you gotta go from a team standpoint.
Speaker 3: Well then now I would go at the Ram because defensively, they're a little better.
Speaker 1: Okay, that was a little better.
Speaker 2: If they've been together, it's gonna take Michael some time to get worked in. Yeah, yeah, I mean I'm looking at both defenses. Yeah, if i'm defensive coordinators, I will watch the tape, but I'm not gonna show it to the team, because what am I gonna show with you?
Speaker 1: I mean, Reddy, what am I gonna show?
Speaker 2: I think the guy go thirty one or forty three three thirty seven, three touchdowns, zero interceptions. I lit the know they guy to go thirty one and forty three nineteen three touchdowns, zero interceptions. What am I showing? I'm trying, I'm looking at I'm looking at Hobbs. I think he's number twenty one for the Packers. Oh Joe, he damn near Backpenyer, like the end zone. You do realize if you loud of guy to catch the ball in the end zone and you tackle him, it's still a touchdown.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro, how far are you gonna back up? Yeah? You can't. You can't keep backing up.
Speaker 2: You're in the Oh Joe, he has to understand where he is on the field. You take two steps, that's it. I'm not backing up anymore. Now, you gotta come through me.
Speaker 3: If anything, you shouldn't move at all.
Speaker 1: If I'm put your heels on the go now, I'm not giving that up.
Speaker 2: Because he had just got out flanked because they ran a switch and he had outside leverage and they got him on the outside.
Speaker 1: So I said, okay, fine, you had outside leverage. I give him that.
Speaker 2: But you can't let a tight end run the bull that bull dyve slant route and you keep backing up in you a corner corners that let tight let if that's ah, if that's killed, or if that's one of these upper restaurants. And I'm not saying I like Ferguson, I've liked him since he's gotten there. But corners, you let tight ends beat you on slant rise in the gold line. You ain't gonna be in the league long.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: You be bouncing around that can't happen. That can't happen. But other than that or you, like I said, I don't know where we go. I mean, I love George boy, he cut that thing raise and think, oh yo, what the hell was he thinking?
Speaker 3: You You just kicked that last play at the end of the game. Yes, Hey, that that clock management almost hurt him. Now they almost lost that game based on the clock management. He was trying to get everybody to the line. Obviously it worked out.
Speaker 1: All you do? Why would you attempt to pass in that situation?
Speaker 3: And what happened if they had scored that touchdown on then what what happened if they got that pick?
Speaker 1: Then what?
Speaker 3: Okay, well listen, that's a chance they listen, that's a chance.
Speaker 1: That the point time they was already playing for the field goal. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Look, I'm taking much time up the clock if I possibly can. Cowboys had their possession, We've got our possession. We don't want to give them the ball back with any time on the clock. Okay, I get all of that, But he has to be smarter. You see the col late like, bro, what what.
Speaker 1: You do with Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean I think he was trying to trying to plan. I'm trying to play hero ball. We know if we get a field goal, the game ends in the tie. I'm going to take one more shot and try to leave a second maybe two on o'clock and see if we can kick a field goal to win it.
Speaker 2: If I didn't know better, I swear that guy had some times the Green Bay, that clock guy because but that was the longest there, Like, hey, uh, I mean you know, let's say Jordan Love lost the fumble, so uh eleven tackles kway Walker. I just out yall, honestly, I just don't know, right because ebra Flus the defensive coordinator for the Cowboys. He doesn't like to bring pressure. And I just don't know if how, I don't know how you survive in today's game if you let the guy just sit back there and pack the ball.
Speaker 3: And this this is the funny thing they playing. They they got four, they only bringing four. They're not litting nobody. They play zone. And when you play a team like the Packers and you run that zone and not getting no pressure, it just stretches everything out. Your defensively stretches everything out, and the holes as big as hell. Yep, and all the players got to do. You can go right down the field and just pick him apart. Jordan Love can be surgical, which he was to night. He were surgical because you're not getting enough pressure to get goddamn Jordan Love office spot Russian throws or whatever you need to do to throw the time into the offense off and that's what happened. Somebody got add some pressure. I was hoping that Daveon Clowney made some type of impact to night. He really wasn't as effective as you like him to be, h But but listen, it was. It was a great game if you like offense, if you have as far as defense is, as far as defense goes, that that that it was a no show tonight.
Speaker 2: This is the best. I mean, look, the Cowboys could ill afford to lose this game. I mean tides look tides like kissing a beautiful woman through a screen, ain't right?
Speaker 1: Really nothing going on on, Yoe.
Speaker 2: You can just say that was a beautiful woman on the other side, but did you really touch it?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: Is he real? Or was that ai?
Speaker 3: No moral victories?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so in a situation, it's not a loss. So all things being equal, I'd rather be.
Speaker 2: One, two and one as opposed to one and three. Let's be let's be real, uh, and we'll see where it comes down. Hey, that time might come in and it might help you down the road.
Speaker 1: But you couldn't. You couldn't.
Speaker 2: You couldn't go down. You couldn't be one and three and the Eagles are four and oh.
Speaker 3: The four. Hey, I can't wait till we get that game. But go ahead, God damn.
Speaker 2: Uh but you know, look the Cowboy George Picking showed why.
Speaker 1: Uh Tobert made a heck of play. I thought that he was trying to throw the ball out.
Speaker 3: I thought he was trying to throw the ball the way to.
Speaker 2: Yep, and somehow Tobert came down with it. Uh Turpin made a couple of plays. I mean, look, they got guys, uh Leinoy, he stepped up and made some plays. I mean, the guys stepped up and made plays for the Cowboys tonight. And that's what they needed. Offensively, they needed guys to step up being out, They needed everybody to step up. George Pickens, you need you show us why you want thirty plus million dollars a year to be for a receiver. Show us why he showed you eight four buck thirty four two touchdowns on eleven targets. Jayalen Tobert with a high draft pick, he got some opportunities in the situations like this. Oh Joe, this is when you get opportunities in this moment. This is where you show coch Man we can count on him. Yeah, I believe they always thought they knew they could count on George Pickens because of what he's did in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: He just needed to change the scenery.
Speaker 2: He needed to clear the deck, go some place, get a fresh start, start all over again. But these other guys you see Tobert, you see Turping, you see Illinois, those guys stepping up and making plays.
Speaker 1: Me.
Speaker 2: The only thing I can say with Green Bay, get Golden more involved. He got too much speed not to be involved. O Joe ain't got too much. He got too much speed on't Joe.
Speaker 3: Hey, You got to understand, right, If it's fast as he is, as dynamic as he is with speed like that, if they felt comfortable putting him in more in positions to make more plays, he would they would have him doing them. There is something when you have a player like that, with that kind of speed, you use them so obviously that there might be things that we don't know about that we can see where they feel, Okay, he's not really good at this, so we're going to have him in certain situations doing some of the things that we know he's good at. Right, Because Romeo Dobbs looks like the guy I thought Golden Golden came in to be the number one guy, but yes, eighty seven ain't giving up that spot.
Speaker 2: But if you look at Ojo, they really only threw the ball to gold only through the ball to Dobs up run the goal line. He had three touchdowns and then he caught that one with blaand kind of like he reached with the wrong hand. But other than that, they didn't give him a whole lot of balls in the field of play. Most of it like he had what three or four catches right there around right around the gold lite, and he made the most of those, and that's what you want, Like, hey, all things being equal, hey give me the tubs. But I think if they can get Golden involved, I think he's gonna make this offense even more dynamic because he.
Speaker 1: Got speed the birth.
Speaker 2: I was surprised they didn't call that p I because nine times out of t n oh Joe on playing on that on that rail, that shot of the rail, they call that on.
Speaker 3: The left side towards Yeah, the game, Yes, they call that. I would hate. I would hate for the refs to be the reason on changing the outcome of the game. Let the players, Let the players play. That was that was like an it was.
Speaker 2: It was you know, I gave you to watch. They're gonna come out and say that should have been a flag. They gonna you think, But that don't do me no good, right right right. I would prefer you not even tell me, because now I'm gonna be.
Speaker 3: Mad if if if you if you lost the game, if you lost the game, then it's okay. But the fact that the game ended in the tie, yes, I'm glad they did. They didn't call it because I hate when the rest getting the way of changing the outcome of game instead of just letting the players play.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I thought Jordan Love, I mean, he made a couple of players like okay. But other than that, I can't be mad at him. I really can't, because I mean, he's only in his field theory, and he's still there's some things that he can clean up. But on that fourth down when he threw that ball to Golden, he had some mustard on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had some.
Speaker 2: Steam on it. But I thought he played really, really well. I thought Jacob ran the ball hard. He started making people miss on a couple of those runs. I was like, damn, somebody gonna need some ankle some ankle transplants because he tearing people's ankles up left and right.
Speaker 1: Javonte Williams.
Speaker 2: Now you see him another year removed from that ACL surgery, He's starting to look like that Carolina Javonte Williams dragging people, making people miss.
Speaker 3: Hey, he was toting that rock boy. I mean, I don't I don't see any signs of him having an ACER injury based on his performance and the way he ran the ball to night. Yes, be able to being able to cut and jump, stop and all that and come into balance and exploding them like well, god damn what.
Speaker 2: I think o Jo had the game not gotten so you know, they could have ran him more, but they fell behind, and so you know, we want to get Yeah, but I think, you know what, I think blocking that pat Ojo gave them a life because they were a different team after they blocked that Pat than before because Green Bay was kind of having their way with them. Yeah, and then they blocked that Pat and got a Joe to life and the next thing you know, they're right back in the ball game.
Speaker 1: Give the Cowboys a lot of credit.
Speaker 2: Like I said, I don't think they I don't think you know, look, this is only four games into the season. But the likelihood of you getting to the destination that you want to end up at and you start one to three isn't very good.
Speaker 1: It's not likely one two and one.
Speaker 2: It still gives you a chance because you still get the Eagles, you still got two games against the Giants, you got two games against the Commanders, and you have another game against the Eagles, and you have your ey conference. You're out of conference, you're out of division games. So we'll see how that shapes out. Offensively, I think the good My concern is defense. Oh Joe, I just don't know if giving up forty points so julis at home?
Speaker 1: You give it up forty points at home? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, hey shit, they gave they gave up forty. Also, Godbo gave up forty that first round the playoffs, remember a few years ago.
Speaker 1: Now, Oh yeah, well he gave up forty. I think they gave up forty eight then.
Speaker 3: But this is the thing, this is the good side of things. Not only are you missing cdee Lamb and everyone else stepping up and trying to make up for the production that CD LAMB would have had, but they also scored. Okay, yeah, you gave up forty, but you're scoring forty, so offensively you're playing extremely well, and the defensive side of the ball just has to find a way to catch up. Find a way to catch up, find a way to get one or two stops and quarters. That would have made a difference in the game.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, but can't.
Speaker 2: I mean there there haven't been very many defenses that you can just say, hey, go hunt with four and then go attack the quarterback. It's been very few now there there, it's been done, but it's been.
Speaker 1: Very few times.
Speaker 2: The Eagles last year could get home with four and they would play covering. Fangio does not like the sacrifice that back then, and he had those big hogs and they could they could collapse the pocket inside with Davis and Carter, and then those edge guys were screaming off the edge and they was rotating them and they had eight they could go eight deep and they just go just go, go, go go. But the cow I don't see that with the Cowboys. I'm not seeing that. Sam Williams came back, he looked good. That had a few guys that that that that flashed. But I think in order to for the cowboys to play this style of defense for your asking a lot for you man, you're asking an awful lot for your secondary man, because like you said, they're expanding to an area.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm just gonna go go sit down in there where you.
Speaker 3: Vake every every time and that that folk got to get it. But this is, this is the thing you got to understand. You have to have the person the hell to be able to do it. He's not blissing for a reason. Yeah, because he doesn't want he doesn't want to expose the back en. Hell, you're only blitting for in the back end still exposed.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: You only bring it for I mean, it's uh, but that's his style of play. If you look at him when he was uh he was the head coach of when he was an Indy. Yeah, what do you do that? That's the style of play. Yeah, you go watch him when he was in Chicago. He's the head coach. Look at his style of Now you look at him, this is who he is now. On the flip side, you go look at Kansas City. Anytime Kansas City, when he gets threatened, what are you gonna do?
Speaker 1: He'll hit you.
Speaker 3: He'll hitt you up I'm coming to get you.
Speaker 1: You come you getting down of here? There are you?
Speaker 3: I'm coming get you. Yeah that's not hey, but but honest and honestly, this is what makes bags defense so good. Yeah, he has the personnaelity to be able to do and execute exactly what he needs you to do. The game they had, we'll get to that now. I want to go too much into it.
Speaker 2: But uh a forty point time. I mean, I mean, I mean, I'm trying to think. Have I I never I've never tied the game, so I don't know how I would feel. I just know I look, it's kind of like playing cards. You know what I'm saying, don't Joe. It's like and you get a push. I didn't sit down at the blackjack table to push win yeah, so I guess I guess it's like pushing you know what I'm saying, Hey, I didn't lose no money, but I didn't win money.
Speaker 1: I didn't sit down there.
Speaker 2: To say, okay, yeah push push, no bro, I'm trying to win something. But I guess in this situation, I don't know how to feel. I've never been in this situation before. Had you Have you ever had a tie game in your career.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not, absolutely not. But listen, if I played for the Cowboys, if I played for the Packers, I would feel good. I didn't Yeah, I feel good I didn't lose. I'd be upset we didn't win the game, but we have some great things we have to build off of. Defensively, we need to work offensively. They could take the day off offense. Y'all would take Monday and Tuesday off defense. We'll see y'all here in the film room Monday, Monday night. Matter of fact, even on Tuesday, on your off day Tuesday, bring your ass in here again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they woo. But that game did some numbers.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I can imagine this is probably gonna be the highest rated Sunday night game they've had it in quite some time.
Speaker 3: Maybe about twenty nine million. Yeah, yeahs the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: It's a closed game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was back and forth in the fourth quarter, it goes into overtime, so yeah, it's it peaked.
Speaker 1: I'll agree with you. Oh yo, I'm saved twenty eight.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 2: But the Green Bay Packers and the Dallas Cowboys, they needed what seventy minutes and they still couldn't determine the winner a tie forty forty. Jordan Love was thirty one and forty three three thirty seven and three touchdowns no interceptions. Dak Preps got thirty one and forty three nineteen three touchdowns no interceptions. I mean you look at it, five hundred yards for the about almost five hundred yards.
Speaker 1: Of offense for the Packers.
Speaker 2: Ye, a little over four hundred for the Cowboys, but they played to a forty forty tie. And onward and upward. Matthew Stafford found two two act well wide open. He go ahead touchdown passed with less than two minutes form the maining to send the Rams to a twenty twenty seven, twenty seven to twenty win over the Coats. That so far the Coats made so many mistakes. Oh Joe one played before the go ahead touchdown, the Coats only had ten men on the field. Then they had a holding pendal in the gate at the fifty eight fifty three yard touchdown run by Jonathan Taylor, and also the a seventy six yard touchdown reception that turned into a touch back and ad Mitchell fumble the ball as he crossed the gold line. So look, it's no consolation. You know, if I meant that, look at a game like, Bro, we gave up a touchdown with ten players on the field, We had a holding pillar and they get a touchdown.
Speaker 1: We had another touchdown. Bro. The Coast culture better than we think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean that's the That's the only way I look at it, O Joe.
Speaker 1: The Colts are better than we thought.
Speaker 3: Did you see that that fifty three yard run by Jonathan Taylor? They got called back man boy. Buddy is nice boy. Yeah, he is the real deal.
Speaker 2: We didn't talk about it last year, oh Joe, because Kwan and Derrick Henry was But yeah.
Speaker 1: But if you go back and look at his numbers, he's a probo.
Speaker 2: He a Pro Bowl. He's a pro Bowler. He's been in All Pro. There's a reason why. Uh, Matthew Stafford was twenty nine or forty one, three seventy five, three touchdowns, zero.
Speaker 3: Picks, Hey a roll off them. Pooka and the coup numbers real quick.
Speaker 2: Pooka had thirteen catchers for a bucks seventy a touchdown on fifteen targets two to two, had one for eighty eight on two targets. Davonte Adams four for fifty six a touchdown on six targets.
Speaker 3: I mean, thirteen for one seventy. They won the game. AJ Brown one for seven yards.
Speaker 1: They said, look, we won the game. Poker had thirteen for one seventy.
Speaker 2: Now what at the end of the day, what did Philly and the Rams both do win?
Speaker 1: I get it, Hey, you preach it to the choir.
Speaker 2: I ain't absolutely one thousand percent understand AJ's frustration, but I'm just telling you you're not gonna convince the because the fans want to win. They're not concerned about a J. Brown Sta you know that. I know that, And the team's not concerned. Yep, shit, all right, they're not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right. Hey, hey, hey, get late, get.
Speaker 1: Out of there yet we cut up the coats.
Speaker 2: Pooka had thirteen four bucks seventy further leading his lead NFL league in both categories.
Speaker 1: Hey, he's gonna mess right, A how many catches he got? Now?
Speaker 3: Forty forty two?
Speaker 1: You're mess right? He mess right to go get one fifty one sixty?
Speaker 3: How many is it? How many got forty two?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, something like that.
Speaker 1: I was gonna touch down to tynle score today.
Speaker 2: He became the second player in NFL history to have forty receptions for five hundred yards in his team's first war games.
Speaker 3: That's crap. Do you hear what you just said? Forty receptions in four games? Mm hmm, my god, bro.
Speaker 2: All they did is do what they did. You remember when Cooper Cup had that historic season. Yeah, insert Pooka.
Speaker 3: N the cool cool exactly Yeah, same same place, same everything. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: And he had somebody on the other side that that can open it up. Because remember when they brought Odell in there. Odell was still could make you pay if you singing him. Davonte can make you pay.
Speaker 3: So he gets He made him pay last week, He made him pay the week before that, and they made sure this game. Okay, Davante going crazy right now, Let's get our young bull back where he's supposed to be. It's funny. It's funny how that works. You see how they can make a a constant effort to get who they want the ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think the thing that when we start talking about all the receivers, we leave Pookah out of the equation.
Speaker 1: Poko is in the mix.
Speaker 2: Now I'm not saying I'm taking him over a Jetta or chase. But there ain't a whole lot of other receivers I'm taking in front of him because he's physical. Yeah, he does it. See, I like guys do nasty work on everybody. Everybody want to catch the gold ball on your Everybody want to catch the polls and catch the nine route. But what about the what about the guy that's gonna catch that under What about the guy that's gonna catch that three slaps, three steps, three steps slat? What about the guy that's gonna catch that Hey, gonna catch that bubble screen or that jail break.
Speaker 1: That's gonna get tattooed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he do it all.
Speaker 1: Now, Hey that we can run the jet sweep with.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: We Hey, y'all better start giving Pook and giving Pooky his credit. Hey, I know it's he's not convintional. He don't look like the guys that we think of the right. But a he'dne earned the stripes.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: He came in as a rookie and did what he did, and he backed it up, and he's backing it up again, and they would have.
Speaker 1: To back the truck up.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, oh Joe.
Speaker 2: The first game of the day The Steelers beat the Minnesota Vikings over in Ireland by the score of twenty four to twenty one. The Steelers defense put together his best show another season, collecting six sacks ten tackles for loss against Carson Wentz.
Speaker 1: With the third guard interception, t J.
Speaker 2: Watt became one of seven players with at least one hundred sacks and eight career interceptions.
Speaker 1: The other six are in the Hall of Fame. LT.
Speaker 2: Richard Dent, Chris Doeman, Rested Soul, Jason Taylor's Pep, Julius Peppers, and Ricky Jack. That's some very very elite company that mister Watt five himself in.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, boy, you see Aaron, you see Aaron Rodgerson. God damn DK today I did. Oh, it's funny that got ay boyd Hey that God damn that look that skinny poost and he threw that thing right off the eel. Yeah your back, yep, and that safety took a bad angle, man, DK, say, man, stop playing with me. Man, I'm gonna I'm gonna catch you in the end zone, Homie, I'm gonna cat Listen. They look really good today. It was a good it was a good game. But the Steelers look very good today. And I think there's only one quarterback that could have made the Steelers look the way they looked today based on the throes that he threw today, that it.
Speaker 1: Was Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 3: Boy, Aaron Rodgers was out there scrambling up.
Speaker 2: He took a team of twenty two for two hundred yards and a touchdown and know interceptions.
Speaker 3: He played a clean game, he did, and what he read.
Speaker 2: About twenty nine times that I do question why would you go for it on fourth down instead of kicking the field goal? But other than that, I thought they played really well. Judge Justin Jettera ten catches for a buck, twenty six on eleven targets, Joe Addison four for one, four for one, fourteen on eight targets. Bro Addison Needa's butt kick. Did you see that guy? That linebacker went and got him?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah he was.
Speaker 1: That's a linebacker.
Speaker 3: Oh Yoe, he just got back.
Speaker 1: I don't give it.
Speaker 3: He just got back.
Speaker 2: Unless he was tied up, had his legs tied in the basement. Ain't no linebacker supposed to want to ride receiver down, You.
Speaker 3: Do understand, listen, or Addison? Ain't nothing but four four These linebackers today run four four four five, so they run back four.
Speaker 1: Ain't catching four four?
Speaker 3: Hey when that monkey jump on your back in the middle of the game where you're not as fresh as you are, when it starts that monkey yo, Hey, that that monkey heavy o yo.
Speaker 1: That man, it wasn't no angle he went and got it.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Hey, that's that lack of gas bill up now.
Speaker 2: And ain't that gonna build up that you a you got to be us saying both to come get me with a lead like that.
Speaker 1: You ain't come and get me as a wide receiver and that's a linebacker. Oh Joe.
Speaker 2: DK the Steelers in the Sunday averaging the few air yards per tempt, but they lead the league in yards after the catch. In the early second quarter, Rogers hit DK on the slant DK tuck truck one final defender getting into the end zone eighty yard touchdown. What did decal? DK had five for buck twenty six, one touchdown on five targets eighty yards. Game well six for thirty five, but Gagwell had nineteen carries ninety nine yards and two touchdowns, so they had twenty nine rush attempts one hundred and thirty one.
Speaker 1: Yards and two touchdowns. Yeah, went.
Speaker 2: Thirty for forty six three fifty two touchdowns, two interceptions, six sacks. They pressured him, they founded him all day. Redmond had two sacks. They didn't. I mean, considering they had all those sacks. No, I'm looking at the wrong thing, look at the wrong thing. Hebric had one and a half. Benton had one and a half. Elliott had one, Queen had one.
Speaker 1: TJ.
Speaker 2: Watt had one. Queen had three tackles for losses. Wilson had two tackles for losses.
Speaker 1: TJ. Hebrin had a tackle for loss. I think Ramsey left this game with an injury.
Speaker 3: Didn't he hamstring?
Speaker 2: He appretended like he had what he got one for.
Speaker 3: Real and then really got one for real.
Speaker 2: Steven looked good. Steller looked good. Minnesota got fifteen in the in the Maybe could have done something. If if that's magnificent science, they get that ball in.
Speaker 1: Maybe they have an.
Speaker 2: Extra thirty forty seconds to play with and they don't have to rush. But we'll never know. But give the Steelers credit. They bowed their back, They did what they needed to do. They found a way to win this ball. Game, and they did by the score of twenty four to twenty one to win the first game played in Ireland. Oh show yo game. You just alluded to Lamar Jackson leaves rab Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wait before you even start, before you even start. Now, what I'm gonna need you to do. I don't want to hear you say foot or ball. You've been talking about the Ravens is your team, and I told you it was only there for two weeks, but you eluded and wanted to be adamant about the Ravens being your team. I need you to keep that same energy that you had for Joe Burrow when things aren't going well with Joe, especially last year. Keep that same energy for eight for that popping old let with the Day performance. Now, I'm gonna let you go, and at any point I feel you you chucking and driving, I'm gonna interrupt, but going ahead, go ahead, keep.
Speaker 2: That saying your day coming tomorrow around this time. I just want you to know your day coming.
Speaker 3: Hey, Hey, listen, you're gonna be real sad if you go. If you go zero for two, I got one team lost to Day. Yeah, yeah, ye week, it won't be too It won't be too all right.
Speaker 2: Lamar Jackson leaves the Ravens in a thirty seven twenty loss to the Chiefs with hamstring issues. Baltimore is not one and three for the first time since twenty fifteen. Yeah, in two games behind the Steelers in the AFC North o Jo. How much trouble are the Ravens and Lamar Jackson in as we currently speak.
Speaker 3: Budden boys in Hello trouble, You hit me, they in Hello trouble. They're in a lot of trouble. For one, I'm not even gonna talk about the injuries first, I just want to talk about the defense. They can't stop nobody. They can't stop the run, they can't stop the pass, they can't stop Nathaniel nothing outside of that. The good thing for the Baltimore Ravens you're not facing the Kansas City Chiefs every week, so offensively, you're probably gonna be very good against everybody else. What spags dialed up to day pressure, pressure pressure. We're not gonna let them. We're not gonna allow Lamar to sit back there and have his way. Not only that, when he does drop back, when he is in the shotgun, were gonna have a spy. Matter of fact, we gonna blitz and have a spy because I trust my back end to be able to handle their business and doing what they need to do. And it worked numbers. It was phenomenal. The game plan that Spag came in with defensively work phenomenal.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to figure out what Baltimore look has a history. If he feels threatened, he's gonna blitch you. You get down in his territory, he's gonna blitch you.
Speaker 1: You know this.
Speaker 2: It seemed like the Ravens. Everybody knows this except the Ravens. Now they really.
Speaker 3: They had Now, oh.
Speaker 1: Joe, he had been a while. They did not. They did not.
Speaker 2: That offensive line Ronnie Staley went out, and so now you got to back up in at the most important position at the left tackle.
Speaker 1: Your right guard isn't playing up.
Speaker 2: The snuff, and so now you're weaken in two areas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you really couldn't get into your run game.
Speaker 2: Look, they had one hundred and sixty six yards or seventeen carriers, but seventy one of that came when the game was out a reach. Justice Hill cracked off one. But you're able to neutralize Deck Henry. He only had eight carries for forty two yards. He's not that kind of back that can give you that kind of now. He's more like as he gets going, now he can pop off one oh yeah, yeah, yeah, but don't pop.
Speaker 3: Up with But this is what this is what you see from the chief defense. God damn super Bowl. We think it's Sa Kuan gonna have a day. What's fag said? Oh no, no, no, no. If anybody's gonna beat us, it ain't gonna be twenty six.
Speaker 1: You gotta beat the ball.
Speaker 3: Well, hell, if you're coming into a game like this, like like like today, what's the first thing you say? Well, we taking two people out, we taking two, were taking two, but we knocking two birds with one stone. We're gonna spy Lamar Jackson on pass downs and Bliss at the same time. And anything with Derrick Henry, Uh, we got to see you. We got to have ass you won't be bringing off nothing. Hey man and boy were laying that wood at the other day.
Speaker 2: What if you go back and look at how teams are beating the Chiefs in the postseason. Throw the ball first time he lost with Patrick Mahons and the quarterback, what did Tom Brady do? Go back and look at Don Brady numbers. Yeah, you go back and look at Joe Burrow and threw the ball. Yeah, you go back and look you look at Tampa in the Super Bowl and threw the ball. You've got to be able to throw the ball because Bags, you got to take something away. What he wants to take away. He wants to make you one dimensional. So that way he can just focus on stopping the pass. Let you run it now, he can't focus on what he needs to focus on. Your quarterback has to be up to par and he has to beat you. Throw in the football and you can't turn it over. Can't turn it over. You gotta you gotta protect. You gotta protect the ball against Bags if you want to beat it. Lamar was fourteen to twenty one to forty seven, one touchdown. One of the exceptions. Uh he fumbled one. Gotta look, got a little got hit from the back.
Speaker 3: Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait a minute, Wait a minute, wait a minute. I need the same energy you have for Joe Burrow.
Speaker 1: Joe Burrow ain't played. I'm not no, no, no.
Speaker 3: When Joe, when we lose, you have all this energy, and Joseph did this, and Joe can't turn the ball over and Joe can't do that. I need to have the same energy you have with Joe for Lamar. Okay, okay, hey, hey Lamar, that's my dog right. Did he take hisself out the game today?
Speaker 1: Or was he hurt? He was hamstring? If I reported that he have a hamstring injury.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay, Well, I need I need you to be very critical of your team.
Speaker 1: That's your team, right, that's one of my teams.
Speaker 3: Yes, trying to make sure the energy, the energy is not adding up based on the way you were talking yesterday.
Speaker 1: Okay, hello, did you holdo?
Speaker 2: Did you expect the Ravens to beat Kansas City and Kansas City?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: So, is that what we're doing? Is that what we're doing? So we're saying that the Ravens can't they can't win on the road. Is that what you're telling me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: They can?
Speaker 1: Are you making interviews this? No? Holdo?
Speaker 3: On the Cheets are one and three. Huh the Cheets are one and three and.
Speaker 1: The Ravens and the Ravens are one and six. Now gets the chiefs? Hold on?
Speaker 3: Hold on, let me finish, not let me finish, let me cook. Lamar Jackson. Yes, it's one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time and he's still Yes. Yes, I expect Lamar Jackson and that defense that once was feared at one point to go in there and be able to beat the goddamn Chiefs. Yes, I do. They got Lamar Jackson and they got Derrick Henry.
Speaker 1: I expected. Think about it.
Speaker 2: So last year they had Lamar, they had Lamar Jackson and when he was the m v P and the defense was better than that. Yeah, and the Baltimore and Kansas City came into their building in the AFC Championship game.
Speaker 1: What happened because what we have seen is that what happened today? O Joe, Lamar turned the ball over twice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, you're not You're not gonna you heard what you just I need you. That's I need you to say that. I need you to say.
Speaker 1: I need you.
Speaker 2: We're both breaking down a game. You can see. Let you talk, Let you talk, hold on. I need you to do eight like you do.
Speaker 3: Joe, you a you be a You be real hype, you be real enthusiastic. He'd be real passionate about the reason we lost. I because Joe turned the ball over and he needs the Lord.
Speaker 2: No, well, you lost for two the same reason. The same reason the Bengals lose is the same reason the Ravens lose is because Lamar turned the ball over and the defense up.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, okay, I just want to hear it out your mouth.
Speaker 1: That's you. But you know I'm not breaking news. Excuse me.
Speaker 2: Let me interrupt the normally schedule programming to break this news. And you want me to give you an Amber alert. The Baltimore Ravens defense isn't very good. We haven't seen Patrick Mahomes look like this, and they see every long time all season. I don't know if we've seen him look like like twenty five or thirty seven, two seventy four touchdowns a Clint Well the last time we saw him throw for four touchdown. We haven't seen this this on Patrick Mahomes in an extremely long time. And he looked very, very comfortable. They ran the ball that they did. They worthy the Jaco ran hard. Korean hunt came in, he got some big time hold on.
Speaker 3: Talk about talk about Taekwan.
Speaker 2: Now, hey, let me tell you something I don't know if y'all notice this, but if you want to have a good game, y'all come on and talk to Cap.
Speaker 3: Everybody that comes on the show for some reason, they go crazy.
Speaker 2: Melissa Jefferson, they go crazy, Taekwan Rashaan Gary going crazy.
Speaker 1: Henley.
Speaker 3: Hey tell you a matter of fact, all the Ravens fans out there, man ay, make sure y'all check on butter makes your butter scrape?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean think, oh, Joe, I mean the Chiefs hadn't scored thirty five What was the last time chief scored thirty five points? You probably got to go back all the way back though twenty three. I don't think they've scored thirty.
Speaker 3: Speaking speaking of thirty and thirty five points, last year, when the Chiefs were playing games, the games are losing this year. Those are the games that they won. They losing the close games. They losing all the close game James, this is the first time the Chiefs have looked like the Chiefs of old in a very long time.
Speaker 1: Long time.
Speaker 2: Yes, time they were all in one score game, remember oh, your one score game a field goal. They win by one, they went by two, they win by three, they went by four. They were all these one score games. This is the first time that they've won by I mean a comfortable margin.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the last time they scored more than thirty was against the Raiders in November of twenty three, so almost two years.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 2: That's what the Ravens defense have allowed Kansas City to do so in almost two years since they scored more than thirty. They just go in there and made it look easy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, this is the funny thing. I know, I know, I know, I'm being funny by the Ravens. You know, I love my Bengals, but the Ravens are going to be okay. As bad as their defense is, their identity is not their defense. Their identity is their offense. As long as you have number eight, it's no different than when we talk about the Buffalo Bills. There's no different than we talk about the Bengals. Obviously, Joe Burrow is out, but as long as you have eight, you're gonna always be in contention. I don't care if you won in three, I don't care if you wanted four. That team is so good offensively and can score thirty, can score forty, can put up twenty eight a game. It's just you're playing. You're not playing against the Kandasity the Chiefs every day. You're not playing against bags or defense like that every single day. Other teams you're gonna play aren't gonna have the personnel to say we're gonna blitch and have a god damn spot. That's not the makeup of other teams. So that's how I know the Ravens are going to be okay. But right now they're down in the dumps. And matter of fact, they they they fan so fickle un the fan throwing jerseys all in the trash. They making fun of Lamar's about you know, Lamar's like jam like, come on, man, oh ko man.
Speaker 1: Let's just what we do. The very thing that we criticized Josh Allen for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, La ain't great, but he had a turnovers and he couldn't overcome him his defense, and we blamed everybody. At what point in time do we say, Lamar, you gotta stop turning the ball over.
Speaker 1: We did this for Josh Allen for years.
Speaker 2: Because Josh Allen would play great, he would throw an interception in the end zone. He would form of the ball, trying to do too much, go back and Look at Lamar in the games that he's lost, especially big, big games. Look at his turnovers. Look at Kansas City in the championship, Look at Buffalo today, one pick, one fumble. When your defense is as in f as it is, the last thing you want to do is put them back on the field. I want to, I ought Joe. I want them to play as little as possible.
Speaker 1: That's the thing.
Speaker 2: What the Cowboys are up against, as good as the Cowboys offense is, unfortunately, you gotta play. You gotta put the defense back on the field, and I want them to play as little as possible.
Speaker 1: Guess what happens. I turned the ball over. I break.
Speaker 2: Joe Burrow knows about this. I turned the ball over. I gotta put the team, the unit that I at least want to be on the field, back on the field.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't know what's going to happen. You gotta look.
Speaker 2: I don't advocate anything, but I just think the thing is is that I don't know what Zach Orr is calling.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 3: Whoa whoa, whoa, whoa. This is what we will not do. What we will not blame that all the defensive coordinator for the Wolves and the struggles of the defense because them boys they got back there, Wiggins, Marlon Humphrey, Kyle Hamilton, who they just paid two hundred and thirty seven trillion dollars. No, y'all got to get it done. A wozie whatever the coach, A woozy, a woozy whatever, whatever the coach called.
Speaker 1: Hold.
Speaker 2: I think a woozy at for the Cowboys. He played with this and that he went he in Cincinnati. That's that's all that cut. That call him first down because you throw the ball on him as the first down, that's what they call it.
Speaker 1: Hey, he's on the ravens now. But if he was with Cincinnati, wasn't he with the duck Cowboys?
Speaker 3: Also? Yeah yeah yeah on first down? Yeah yeah, I know, first down. Yes, that's his nickname. You call him first down, throw it.
Speaker 1: On him first time.
Speaker 2: Until Philly survives in town for thirty one twenty five, the bus gone into the Phillies twenty fourth three lead, thanks to a large part to touchdown passes of seventy seven and seventy two yards by Baker Mayfield, making the two longest plays against the Eagles defense since.
Speaker 1: Vic Fangio became decordinator.
Speaker 2: Jalen Hurts had zero passing yards in the second half before becoming the first quarterback to win a game with eight or more passing attempts and zero passing yards and the second half since Panthers quarterback Jake Delane in Week ten of the two thousand and eight season at Oakland.
Speaker 1: He was all nine for zero yards.
Speaker 2: There's only been two quarterbacks in league history that have wins in such games since at least nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 3: Hey, we can't do this. Huh, we can't do that. We can't do that. You can't listen. You do me a favor. Ask asks how much does Devonte Smith make it? How much does AJ Brown make?
Speaker 1: Well, we know how much Davonte's mail make.
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 1: AJ makes thirty thirty thirty two million, thirty two or thirty three million, And I think Davonte makes like twenty seven, twenty six, twenty seven.
Speaker 3: Okay, you got a thirty three million dollar receiver, you got a twenty seven million dollar receiver, and they combined for four catches for thirty six yards a day. But you got to win. You got to win. You got to win. Ye, Now, as as it's not even the quarterback faul. It ain't even were not even blame it to the herst fault as an offensive coordinator, as an offense as a head coach, how can you even be okay, even be okay just because you're winning the game and not having some of your best players involved. Do you understand what that does the players mentally? I don't. I don't think fans understand. I don't. I don't think the first thing fans say, well we won the game, Yes, we won the game, but these players would love to contribute and help to win those said games.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh did you do? Do you pull up a J.
Speaker 3: Brown's tweet the crypto crete?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, listen clear, there wasn't.
Speaker 2: No cryptic tweet this way tweet after game. If you're not welcomed, not listen to quietly withdrawal, don't make a scene. Shrug your shoulders and be on your weight.
Speaker 3: The man just want the man who said it over and over. Unh. He keeps saying the same thing over and over. He had to go through it last year. He had to read his book on the sideline to keep himself calm, so he doesn't get frustrated. He wears that seal in his chest, so he has to conduct himself a certain way, the man who wants to contribute and be productive and help the offense. Yes, we're winning the games, but I would like to help us win. You're paying me thirty three goddamn million dollars for a reason. Not only might the number one receiver, I'm the captain of the team allowed me to feel a part of the offense. Pook in the corps caught a high thirteen catches to day for one hundred and seventy yards. Yeah, you mean to tell me you can't design plays, put goddamn AJ Brown and Devonte Smith and creative positions to get them the ball.
Speaker 2: You're never going to create a scenario where the fans feel sorry for AJ Brown as long as you win it. Because everybody says they say the most important thing is the winning. I don't care about stats. I care about winning.
Speaker 3: You know they care about stats, know they care about stats. We care about stats for a reason because we go to the table. It's the only thing we have to lean on. It's the only thing we as players have to lean on. Well, listen, I deserve this amount of money because look at my production, look at my numbers. We allow stuff like this to happen, and you don't speak out about it, as we see because you're winning. When it's time to go to the table, you can't mention nothing about them wins if you don't have the production to match it. You can't say, oh, what, I'm on the field we win in, Well, where's the production. You're not helping us win. That's the game that they're gonna play. The people on the house side watching that love the game, they don't understand that. I'm telling you, and it's gonna happen. I guarantee you. I swear for God, I'm telling you. They're gonna use this against him. We're winning, but your production doesn't match your salary. You're really not You're not worth thirty three million dollars because we're winning without you. We can win without you making that kind of money, and it's gonna backfire.
Speaker 2: I think the thing that's frustrating to him is that so many balls, say a lot of bounds, and you don't even have a.
Speaker 3: Chance to catch, chance to get him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's what's frustrated. Look, Jo, at least give me a chance. Yeah, okay, we're gonna make it fifty to fifty. That's one hundred percent. No chance of a completion with him, it's eighty twenty. So you put the ball in play with Aj Brown, it's eighty twenty. He's coming down with that. He's coming down with that. Just put it in the vicinity, Just put it in the area.
Speaker 3: I got you. He showed that last week. They had no choice but to throw. He put it in the area. What he did, came down with it.
Speaker 2: They dodged the bullet today they got a block punt and Baker made a terror I mean, he made a horrible decision on the interception. They dodged a bullet. Give them credit. They find ways to win. Good football teams find ways to win. Bad football teams find ways to lose. It's a good football team and they're finding ways to win. And uh, I get it, I get it. I get AJ's frustration. We've all been there, well, most of us has been there. Everybody Jerry ain't never been there. Jerry, Jerry don't know what it's like. LAUGHI is Gerald. Some of these guys don't know what it's like to go and have two catches and things like that, he.
Speaker 3: Had seven yards. Aj Brown, top five receiver in the NFL today, has seven yards in a fourth quarter game. Seven that's pathetic. This ain't high school, This ain't pee wee. I don't give a fuck if you did win. You don't have your number one receiver that you paid thirty three million dollars. What's seven yards in a fourth quarter game. It's tough, he said, Brown. Hold your head, boy, hold tight, hold tight. You got that seat on your chest for a reason.
Speaker 1: Nah, just click your account and just make sure that money depositive.
Speaker 3: Nah. He ain't about the money. He ain't about the money. I want to help my team win. I want to be a part of the offense.
Speaker 1: Well, keep blocking, That's all. That's all I can tell her right now.
Speaker 2: On Joe, Hey, Ojo, just when, not when? Maybe this week will be a situation where.
Speaker 1: It was last week.
Speaker 2: Remember how he came on in the second half and he took the game over against the Rams.
Speaker 1: Maybe that maybe that rears its head this week.
Speaker 2: So the Giants earned their first win of the seasons, twenty one to eighteen. Rookie quarterback Jackson Dart, in his first career start, completed thirteen of twenty passes one hundred and eleven yards, a touchdowns nor interception, But the Giants lost Maleak Neighbors in the second quarter.
Speaker 1: To what is believed to be in a cl injury.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, Odell Beckham tweeted after the neighbors injury their NFL.
Speaker 1: I mean this with the most loving respect.
Speaker 2: We the NFL take all precautions in the world, with everything else when it comes to players health and safety.
Speaker 1: Please please please get rid of this turf.
Speaker 2: Thank you in advance, love, respect, and you know I love the Giants, but death life has taken too many talented players away from the game. I know it's not all turf's fault, but maybe it's where we've got to go. We've gotten all research done to turn state it's the highest quality is possible.
Speaker 1: At least we can start that discussion. Oh Joe, we're.
Speaker 2: Looking at from twenty to twenty twenty five, there have been at least sixteen documented ACL and Achilles injuries at MetLife Stadium. Aaron Rodgers Achilles, Jalen Phillips Achilles, Nick Bosa, acl, Molik neighbors suspected ACL. What's you thinking, oh Joe?
Speaker 3: Nothing? Nothing at all, I played on that same turf. I played in that same turf out there, and goddamn Cincinnati, I'm play in the same turf for eleven goddamn years. It ain't got nothing to do with no goddamn turf. If it was grass, if something's gonna pull, it's something gonna pop, it's gonna pop, regardless of what the surface is that's below you. It doesn't matter. It had nothing to do. I mean, we got to get that out of our mind. We got to get that out of the mind. Oh, we're stuffing these injuries because of the surface we're playing on. No, that's coming from within. That's within, that's the ground. The ground has nothing to do with that at all. I'm just being honest. It doesn't. It had no correlation at all. People get people get acls and achilles on regular grass. It's the same thing.
Speaker 2: But are they happening with the same frequency. Come on, man, well, let me ask your question.
Speaker 3: Let me ask your question has no bearing.
Speaker 2: Well, so, why have there been so many ACL and achilles injuries in that stadium specifically?
Speaker 3: I mean why, I mean, let's say that stadium pacifically, right, Why have there been so many ACL and Achilles injuries in general. Why is it risen not just in met life, just in general.
Speaker 2: Maybe because there's a lot more of these stadiums that have this synthetic turf.
Speaker 3: No, that has nothing to do with it, because sometimes people aren't even being touched. Some of these are non contact injuries. Yeah, no, they had nothing to do with it.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what the study is. So but see, you don't believe in studies and science anyway.
Speaker 3: And that's the problem. We keep worrying about science. It's science. That's why everybody getting hurt. That's why. That's the problem. We listen to these people that never played the fucking game. Oh my bad, my bad, I'm sorry. We're listening to these people that are experts on what we're supposed to consume and put in our bodies, that have never played any sport at the highest level and know what it takes to be able to play a four quarter game in a Barbara sport where we're running to each other thirty miles an hour. But yeah, eat this green stuff. It's healthy for you. It's gonna help you. No, for some reason, everybody's continue to get hurt. Soft titch injury, This achilles, quads, hamstrings, everything blowing out. Something has to get and we're blaming on the injuries. I mean, we blame we're blaming it on turf, You goddamn turf. When y'all played, y'all played on concrete. Yeah, y'all played on concrete. Well, carpet laid on top of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but noblem that the end of window Carter's career. He tore both putel attendance and that.
Speaker 1: Look.
Speaker 2: I just think the thing is is that if you know, if you if you know more, you should do more. And I think there's a reason why. So in other words, so let me ask you a question. So why did they kick the kick off out? If it doesn't hurt, guys gonna get hurt anyway, So why so why not continue to run down there and let guys running each other?
Speaker 3: Oh? The NFL covering the ass?
Speaker 1: Okay, well cover wall. Don't you want to come you ask? With these injuries?
Speaker 3: Hold on, hold on, hold on, listen to me real quick. We're trying to prevent the collisions from so far apart. So we're gonna shrink it down right because we lost a lawsuit to what what three generations ago?
Speaker 1: In two thousand and early two thousands.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, three generations or three errors. Three aras ago we lost a billion dollar lawsuit. Three you know what I'm trying to say. We don't want to have that, have that happen again. So what are we gonna do. We're gonna take precautions anyone that gets hurt. We're going to continue to throw flag when we continue to find you. So you're gonna come back ten years later from now trying to sue us, saying well ahead, or this is messed up because of these circumstances that we had back then. That's what the NFL is doing.
Speaker 2: I think the thing is is that the NFL, your product suffers when your best players aren't on the field. There's a reason why you can't hit the quarterback below the knee.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Trent Green suffered the exact same injury on that very similar plan, and they didn't change the rule. It wasn't until Tom Brady Brady, Yes, and they call it the Brady rule. Yeah, There's been a lot of got quarterbacks that got hitting the knee and got hurt. Yeah, but it was I just think the think, look, I think if if you know more, you should do more.
Speaker 1: You don't. You don't believe, you don't believe in size, You don't go to the doctor.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I mean I go to the doctor.
Speaker 2: Why because he've never played no sport? How would he know what? What?
Speaker 1: What? How he know how to treat your body?
Speaker 3: Because I can't check myself. You know what I'm saying. I gotta make sure I'm healthy.
Speaker 2: But why you don't listen to no nutritionist? Would you listen to doctor?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: Hold on, hold on, hold on, listen, listen, listen to me, listen. I don't listen to nobody that does studies and tells people I need to put in my body to play the game of football at the highest level.
Speaker 2: Why would you that that to tell you what you should put in your body to heal your body?
Speaker 1: So why would you do that?
Speaker 3: What? Hold on? Hold on? I need better context, I need better context.
Speaker 2: Would you listen to anybody to say you need to put this medicine in your body so you can feel better, so you won't be sick, so you won't have a sore throat?
Speaker 1: Why would you listen to your.
Speaker 3: Whoa whoa whoa whoa. My sore throat is because of the ac and I don't.
Speaker 2: Don't ac I'm just asking you a simple question. You need to answer. Let me answer. Okay, I don't take medicine for one. Let's start there. Okay, that's all I will say. So you said you're the way to say you go to the doctor to take medicine.
Speaker 3: No, I just say that. I say to check up.
Speaker 1: Gotta go. Why are you going to get check up for me? Oh? You don't. You're not gonna listen to what he says anyway, So why do you care?
Speaker 3: No, because he has to let me know if everything is okay with me, we gotta get tell you.
Speaker 1: Oh yo, why do you care?
Speaker 2: You're not going to listen to him?
Speaker 3: We got to get a check up, every man? And why do.
Speaker 1: You have to get a check up when you're not gonna listen to what he says?
Speaker 3: Because we're in our fifties, we have to What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: You don't have to?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we do.
Speaker 1: Did your mom get checked up? Did your grandma get check up? No? It didn't. The old people didn't getting no check up.
Speaker 2: I'm asking you, if you're not going to listen to what the doctor says, why are you going to get checked up?
Speaker 1: Why do you even have.
Speaker 3: Medical that make sure everything is okay with me? Why so I can know?
Speaker 2: So you just want to know. You're not gonna do anything about it. So why you want to know?
Speaker 3: Because I'm supposed to go get a check up every six months, you don't do that.
Speaker 2: Why do you need a check up when you're not gonna listen to what the doctor says to help you feel better, make you feel better or be healthier.
Speaker 1: Why are you going well?
Speaker 3: For one, this is a good thing, right, So every time I go do my checkup, there's nothing from me. So really, there's nothing for the doctor has told me I need to do because I always feel good. Okay, so I'm good. But you're going for some reason because I have to do my check up every since.
Speaker 1: You don't have to.
Speaker 2: There is no law that says you have to go get a check up? Where's the law?
Speaker 3: What do you mean? They said it in school? Once you hit forty you got to get your check up.
Speaker 2: They said a lot of things school, they said study and do your homework.
Speaker 1: You ain't listening to that now.
Speaker 3: Because I wanted to play football. I ain't kidding out win no scholar. Yeah, but then you found out.
Speaker 2: You know what, I got to study and do my homework to play football.
Speaker 3: I did, I did, I did at the AI.
Speaker 1: Let's get up.
Speaker 2: Jackson dark Is the first quarterback, says Patrick Mahomes, to lead their team to an eighty plus yard drive on the first drive of their first career start.
Speaker 1: Oh Joe, the moment didn't look too big for it.
Speaker 3: No, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Look it's the first game. Listen.
Speaker 2: Look, you and I not gonna start. We're not gonna get a parade going. But what we will do is that we saw flashes and we saw glimpses of him in preseason. Look like, Oh Joe, he looked good, and I was like, Ojoe, over under eight weeks of RUSS, I said, I'm gonna take the under, and I'm not so sure it's gonna be for it's gonna be much longer than four five weeks. Also, you and I was talking. I said, oh yo, if it's me, I'm gonna start him at home against the Chargers. I'm not gonna start him on the road in the Saints in that building. That noise on almost started him in my building because I know, at least for the first game, the crowd is going to be on the side and they won't do it. Yeah, but he looked he looked good. Now it hurts that he's not going to have his most talented player on the offense side of football joining him.
Speaker 1: But he looked good, very good, very good. What did you like about what you saw from him?
Speaker 3: Listen, not only did they run the offense right, even with the with Malik Never's going out, he still looked good. Obviously players are call offensively. Seeing him use his legs on some of those third downs and get those first downs, and being able to play off script outside of the scheme and the players of the call is what I was most excited about. I think about the difference between him and Russell Wilson. Obviously Russell being in there, being able to stand in the pocket, and he doesn't have that ability to be a dual threat as he once was when he was in Seattle. So having that addition of Jackson Dark being able to come in drop back, being in the shotgun, being able to go through his reads and not see anything there and be able to take to pull that thing down and take off. And not only he taking a boy, he could run on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he can run.
Speaker 3: He got I ain't know you're fast like that. I'm not saying Lamar Jackson, nothing like that. But but young bull got wheels on him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he can run. I like. I like Scatbou running the football.
Speaker 3: Scatterbooy remind me of Peyton Hillis.
Speaker 2: He does, he does, has a little do or all start Michael, remember All Star.
Speaker 3: All Star Knights. But but Peyton Hillison, scatterbul got a little bit more wiggle to him, though, Ye got a little more wiggle to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's see here, giants.
Speaker 1: I mean, oh, man, I thought bigger. I thought that. I thought, you.
Speaker 2: Know, he gonna go low man, You're not say he gotta run high pol get that all down, and we.
Speaker 3: Got to get Dexter work on that stiff arm. If he got in the end zone. You know that's a big man dream. And the seventh pick a pick a well, I think the stadium would have erupted if he would have if you would have got past that and heard it over that that tackle. But that would have been nice.
Speaker 1: Boy.
Speaker 2: They did a great job of getting after Herbert, Yes, Bibodeau, Burns, Abdual Carter, Sexy Dexy. Those guys did a great job of putting pressure on it. He never really felt comfortable.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Give them credit. Give them credit. They got they they they got after him, they got out, they got after Justin Herbert, and he finally, he finally looked mortal because he had been playing out of his mind. The first three games. He had played out of his mind, but today he looked like a you're a mortal.
Speaker 3: And my young bull over there on the other side, who's been having some struggles Quentin Johnston. Yeah, yeah, looking like looking like that boy, looking like how he's supposed to be. Now that confidence is setting. He's stringing games like this back to back to back, and for him, it's only up from there. I just want to give him mispraise because we've been down on him because, you know, because his recently.
Speaker 1: You have to drop he struggled early.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but hey, Quentin Johnson, boy, I know you're gonna see this boy.
Speaker 1: For you.
Speaker 3: That boy, keep going, boy, keep going, look good. Yeah. Keenan Allen, Keenan Allen. We already know what he can do. We know we can do, so we just picking up where he left off.
Speaker 2: Hampton left Hampton at twelve for a buck twenty eight.
Speaker 3: Hey, boy, he was tolding that thing.
Speaker 1: What and can?
Speaker 3: Yeah he was nice, he would notice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but a scat pack. Scat pack go hey, hey, he goes, Hey, he get a couple of hundred yard game. He and Jacking Dark go own the city.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, absolutely, absolutely. Listen, if if Dodge was if Dodge was smart, they'd be doing a commercial, a scat pack commercial with scatter boat. It only makes sense. It only makes sense. I need three percent if that happened to scatter boat, Hey, Dodge, hard less scatter boat scat back commercial.
Speaker 2: The Chargers have an old line problem with your left tackle. Joe out of the game early with an ankle injury, putting putting an already injured offensive line because he was filling in for uh, what's the guy he just got a big contract Slater shn Slater. He was feeling it because he moved from right tackle to left tackle and replaced Slater Slater's out.
Speaker 1: Herbert was under siege.
Speaker 2: He was pressured on almost forty eight percent of his dropbacks.
Speaker 3: Well, it's tough, it's tough. Now listen. He looked, he looked, he looked normal. He got your officive line. Now it's hard it's hard running for your life and your old line. And there lamar today justin Herbert, I mean man.
Speaker 2: Jaguars beat the forty Niners on your twenty six twenty with Parker Washington's punt return touchdown for takeaway former Niner Eric Armstead strip sack brock Partty with less than three minutes to play. With three minutes to play to seal the win for the Jags, things got heated at the end of the game. After the game Oh Joe with Liam Cohen and Niners decordinator Robert Sala had to be held back while yelling at each other. Sala had acute jags of stealing signs in a legal fashion.
Speaker 1: Totally keep my name out your mouth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, keep my name keep a keep my name at your denthes now yeah, now, Hey, don't make me run up on you.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, hey, mister Liam walked up on him, like listen, man, hey, what you doing giving all this unsolicited advice? He may keep my name out of your mind. Hey, he should have. He should have shoved him with the finger in his head. He should have gave him one.
Speaker 1: I bet that you go bad.
Speaker 3: I'm saying. When it comes to coaches, there's certain things that you're supposed to keep in the house, certain things you're not supposed to share. You know. That's I mean, how you just volunteer, volunteering information that nobody knows about except coaches. You don't do that. So he had to go check him, like Nike, Hey, Hey, they should have threw down right there at the fifty Uh.
Speaker 2: Trevor Lawrence twenty one thirty one one seventy one, one touchdown, no interceptions at n nineteen carries, a buck twenty four and a tub thirty two. Russians one fifty one. Yn Thomas Jr. Had five for forty nine straight six for forty five. Travis Hunter had three for forty two fumble but they recovered it. Brock Party was twenty two or thirty eight, three or nine, two touchdowns, two interceptions, and was sacked once. Christian McCaffery had seventeen carries for forty nine yards. Ryan Robinson's junior five for twenty one, brock Party two for thirteen, so twenty four rush attempts eighty three yards. Christian McCaffery had six for ninety two and a touchdown on the receiving end toan just had three for fifty eight in a touchdown. Pearsall had an outstanding one handed catch, had four for forty two. Kyle Yustchik three for thirty two. Turnovers killed him. You can't turn it over.
Speaker 3: Every time you cast you the game, it cast you the game, and it cost him the game tonight.
Speaker 2: Yep, Travis did not play at all on defense in the second half. Forty five total snaps tied for a season low thirty six offense snaps, so that means he had nine defensive snaps.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: They got to make up their mind, man, Oh, cho let me ask your question. They got to make up their mind.
Speaker 1: Oh yo, you want to be Let me ask you this.
Speaker 2: If I gave you a choice, Oh, Joe, you can be a leader at one thing, or you can be the average of two things.
Speaker 1: What you choosing.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be a leader that one thing.
Speaker 1: Because right now he's averaging both.
Speaker 3: I don't know what they're doing. Travis Hunter is the number two pick on right right, I think to me, I know he wants to play both sides of the ball. I would love for him to be number two pick at one position. Well, I listen, I was all I was all for him being on both sides of the ball. I know you can do it, you got the confidence to do it. But I need you to see. I need to see you on one side of the ball and being effective for your team, either offensively or defensively, what one or the other. As a number two pick, you should be on the field every single down on offense or defense. Because what they're doing is they're bringing him along slow and picking and choosing when the play.
Speaker 1: It is not showing the value though.
Speaker 3: It's not showing the value and why you pick them number two not not the way they're using him.
Speaker 1: But uh, what didn't he give? I think he had he gave up four completions though only nine snaps.
Speaker 3: He did. Mm hmm, that's what That's one of the games I wasn't able to see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they don't let uh could I be trying to watch it? Do they let you watch individual games?
Speaker 1: Anymore? Individual games? Or you got a block? You know.
Speaker 2: I'd be trying. I'll be trying to. I'm gonna get me a fire stick. I got to get a set up like I got in in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: I was I was able to see all the games. Yeah, you know when I don't stay home. So for the one o'clock games, I go to a place called up there in Hollandale down all the TVs and the goddamn Jag TV just happened to be on the Jag game happened to be on the TV all the way on the end.
Speaker 2: So what But see, the thing is, I can't It's hard for me to focus. So like I need to get a set up. I need to get a set up like I got in Atlanta. So I got all the individual TVs. Oh Joe, so I could just put like his I put like six games on knowing that you know, and hopefully the games that I have on y'rey exciting because you know, you always have your games. You know you're gonna talk about the Cowboys, talk about the Eagles. There are certain teams that you know you're going to talk about. Now you try to have a couple of games that Okay, it's interesting and they do something and we're able to talk about them.
Speaker 1: Uh, Like you know, the the.
Speaker 2: Jazz got Travis Hunter Jackson, Travis Travis Hunter, were probably not talking about them. Let's be real, because we keep hoping that we see a glimpse of what we saw at SeeU and what we saw at Jackson State pick and a touchdown.
Speaker 3: They bring him along so slow in hand, feeding him more and actually he regressed as far as not playing defense this game.
Speaker 2: I mean, because I think about it, Ojo you do, Ojo you and not know this man, you got to be sound in the NFL.
Speaker 1: Them guys are really really good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are no slouches everybody. Look, there are a lot of guys that Travis Hunter went against as a dB and wins against as a wide receiver. That's not the NFL. Every guy that he goes against on Sunday is in the NFL, the real deal.
Speaker 1: Everybody.
Speaker 2: Everybody he's going against was an All State, was an All Conference, was a something, got some awards some level along the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and listen for me. What I don't like is I've been spoiled. I've been spoiled watching him at Colorado. Yeah, be spoiled, watching him make players on both sides of the ball. Yes, from the Heisman. He was number two in the draft. So now that I'm spoiled, I'm thinking, Okay, he told teams he wants to make sure he's able to play both sides of the ball wherever he's drafted. The Jaguars agreed to it. So what you think I'm waiting to see. I'm waiting to see the exact same output players that I saw in Colorado, even though I understand it doesn't work like that.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that you, you and others got spoiled. Thought he was just gonna like it was ready. It was ready. You know, some assemblies required. You know, you get toys on you a kid, your mom, your grandma, your granddad. Somebody had to put this stuff together. Some assembly will be required. They I mean, Chad, honestly, did y'all thought they was gonna just throw this man out there and he was gonna do exactly what he did at Colorado.
Speaker 1: Y'all thought he's gonna do that in the NFL.
Speaker 2: I know, I know y'all watched the game too long to not say thing that, oh yeah, he gonna do exactly that right out the box. Really chat honestly, I mean, be real, let y'all, gen Z, y'all just told me, y'all say what's on y'all mind?
Speaker 1: Tell me y'all didn't think that, what'd you call it?
Speaker 3: Gen Z?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean that's when they say, they say, we tell you, did y'all really think that the first game he was gonna look exactly how he looked at Colorado?
Speaker 1: Did y'all think that? Really?
Speaker 3: I knew, I knew he was gonna be in there like that. But now we're going we we in week four, I'm expecting more volume of reps on both sides of the ball.
Speaker 2: I'm waving, I'm waiting. Okay, let me ask you a question. Though you expected these volumes of reps, so you expected so. But do you want greatness or you want average? Because right now he's average at two positions.
Speaker 1: Hold on, hold on the.
Speaker 3: Player he is is not average.
Speaker 2: So he's good his play, damn what he is. I'm talking about his plate. So you tell me so I want to. I'll tell you what I'm gonna take. I'm gonna take the name off the back. And you don't know anything else. And I just say that number twelve.
Speaker 1: What you tell me? What you when you see him on our fence, you see him on defense?
Speaker 3: Tell me what you're thinking of the small players I've seen, Yes, he got some many and they ain't using him right. I'm just I'm telling you that.
Speaker 1: Man, he was so he was the nine snaps on defense. He gave up four catches.
Speaker 2: You think he got some many, Well, shit, everybody, no, don't do that.
Speaker 1: I'm just alone like all the time out.
Speaker 3: Everybody gonna catch balls. What you're saying?
Speaker 1: Whoa? No?
Speaker 2: No, hold on, wait a minute, I'm you. He's the number two pick in the draft, right right right.
Speaker 1: I ask you you. I said you want to be average and you do want to be elite? You said the elite? Yeah.
Speaker 3: Remember I'm on your side, though, Remember I saying.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is that people expected that he was gonna get dropped into the NFL and you're just gonna pick right up way left or you and I vote. They they get mad at us because we say that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: Well, how do you know? Because I played the NFL. How do you know it's gonna happen in the NFL?
Speaker 2: You didn't, right, So I know a lot of guys, because here's the thing, Ojo, is that what you think those guys thinking they gonna dig it even harder? Bro, I'm not finna let you beat me. I'm not gonna let you d me up. Guys, really be on their back. Oh tell you know when you went against read this, or you went against the top a key, or you went against the top guys, but you know you had to be on your best behavior.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, That's how they approach him.
Speaker 1: That's how they're approaching him.
Speaker 3: So now he just like it.
Speaker 1: It's in his mind.
Speaker 2: I want to do something nobody's ever done, nobody's rich and and Chuck mcnerick was the last guy to be a full time two way player. That was in the sixties. He was a center and a middle linebacker. They called him Concrete Charlie Chuck mc Philadelphia Eagles, go look at story up. Oh Joe, I just don't know. I just don't know. I just don't know what people that what they expect. I mean, give the guy some grades, let him have some time.
Speaker 1: But he oh, he terrible. The coach roll. It's gonna take time.
Speaker 2: And then it's like, well time said, well he didn't practice on Tuesday time. You know, they ain't letting no rookie come in and not go practice.
Speaker 1: Come on time. Yeah, oh Joe, what rookie.
Speaker 2: You know, I've never seen a rookie that's come in and not practice at all. So you so when they practice on Wednesday, he gets that day off a rookie. I've seen vets do that. Yeah, I ain't never seen the rookie do it. I haven't have you have you been around you played eleven years?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not.
Speaker 2: And I've had some rookies. Clinton Porters won Offensive Rookie of the Year, Mike Crow one defensive Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 1: I'll stand it. They ain't get no day off right a rookie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I said, I'm just going I've grown I've grown frustrated. I've grown frustrated it because in my mind number two pick, he's dynamic. I know what he can do offensively. I understand the skill set. How are they going to use him to maximize his potential? I just want more. We in week four and I'm not getting what I thought I would get, even if it even if it doesn't have to be both sides of the ball, even just.
Speaker 2: You and I agreed that I thought he was a better dB, I say, playing at dB and put packages. But it seems to Liam can or why Travis Hunter only played receiver in the second half personal decision.
Speaker 1: That had to do with a few things we'll keep in house. For now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some ain't going right, some ain't going right. Well, there's no reason that there's no reason things will be going backwards as the season goes on. There's a lot they're supposed to be adding food on your plate, not taking food off your plate.