Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Jetty and now he arm Strong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: The corner said it was an accident, but it was no accident. It was a monkey. When I was a kid, my twin brother and I found something that loved to kill.
Speaker 4: We have been chosen to witness its power over life and death in its most devious ways.
Speaker 5: So that's part of the that's part of the trailer to the movie The Monkey, or if you member with this, Katie, it's a it's like a little toy monkey, but it did murders people and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my husband said he wanted to see this, and I hadn't looked at it. This thing's terrifying looking.
Speaker 5: It's it's it's an interesting combination. Sounded like a parody, Well, it's. It is a clearly killer in questions a toy monkey. It's clearly a combo horror horror movie, kind of comedy ish parody, satire of horror movies. But it's pretty well stream movies kind of. Yeah, it looks really really well done. My son actually wants to take a girl to it. I don't know if the he said she likes horror films. Oh, she'll clutch his arm and that's all.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's the whole point, right, many a fine international protect you from the movie monkey.
Speaker 5: Oh, because it's all the excuse to lean in and you're cuddling.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's win win, Thank you monkey.
Speaker 5: I didn't even they didn't even think of that's a clastic movie.
Speaker 2: He's ahead of me on this one.
Speaker 5: In other news, in other non evil monkey news, evil toy monkey news. Trump was on the phone with Zulensky yesterday for a while and it seemed to go fairly well. Here's a news report about it, and then we'll fill in some more details.
Speaker 6: That call between Presidents Trump and Zelensky lasting nearly an hour, the Ukrainian leader agreeing to the same partial CEASEFI ideal as Putin, pledging to stop attacking energy infrastructure. But in a stunning development, Trump also offered to take ownership of Ukraine's electrical supply and nuclear power plants, saying America could offer the best protection. It could include Europe's largest nuclear plant at Zaparisha, which Russia currently occupies at least initially. Ukraine seems open to the idea. There'll be further talks this weekend.
Speaker 5: So everybody's trying to guess what Trump's angle is on this whole piece plan thing. I mean, everybody, I think is a little confused. Yeah, starting to get a little clearer to me. Well, okay, so here's the reporting. Trump said that the US could be very helpful in running all the power plants, electric and utility plants in Ukraine. American ownership of those plants would be the best protection for that infrastructure and support for Ukrainian injury energy infrastructure. So is this similar to the rare earth metals mind that we would run. Also, is it just we're gonna happen so much economic intertwined reason to care about Ukraine that'll be like, hey, Putin, don't be attacking basically the United States his interests.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's becoming more clear to me, I think in that. You know, Trump famously is transactional, and whether it's like an actual philosophy of international relations.
Speaker 2: Or just his ego.
Speaker 1: Needs to be seen as getting something when he gives something. And so the framework is we will be so entwined with Ukraine economically especially, but you know, on a human level too, because obviously we'll have lots and lots of people there that that is Ukraine's security, and he can go on about and now we have cheap electricity and access to rare earth minerals and blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: It's a win for both sides.
Speaker 1: It's an interesting way to go about it. And you know, I wouldn't bet my life savings on it working. But if that's what he's thinking, that's not nuts.
Speaker 2: But it's different.
Speaker 5: So yeah, So it's different than like having a NATO guarantee with Article five, where an attack on one is an attack on all. So if you have NATO troops there, instead of doing that, you just make it more much more well transactional in that No, we have a bunch of businesses there. There are billions at stake, dollars at steak. Don't be attacking a country where we have billions of dollars of business at stake.
Speaker 2: I was worried at.
Speaker 1: First because of Trump's you know, characteristic, oversimplified over belligerent rhetoric that he was thinking more in terms of like war reparations and having Ukraine's economy under our heel and exploiting them for the rare minerals and the rest of it. But like so often with Trump, that was the big blustery opening, and it's starting to sound more like, you know, partnership.
Speaker 2: My actual partnership might be both.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, because I don't want to be a colonial power at this point. I think that's a terrible idea. He might want to be in. Well, yeah, well, i'm he works for me, especially in the twenty first century in a part of the world where they are armed to the teeth.
Speaker 2: I don't think we want to a colony.
Speaker 1: But if it is, here's how we bring him to the West and put them under our umbrella through enormous commercial interaction. I don't know, it's an intriguing idea.
Speaker 5: Well, he wants to make Canada the fifty first state. He seems to be fairly serious about figuring out a way to get Greenland. I don't know. By the way, I came across this tidbit yesterday, and then I'll be done with this. But surely he understands the Canada thing will never happen.
Speaker 2: Right, we get more.
Speaker 5: Oil from Canada at an incredibly discounted price, and with no fear of disruption because it's right on our border like all the other.
Speaker 2: And there are buds.
Speaker 5: We get more oil from Canada than the next five foreign sources combined.
Speaker 2: I had no idea of that.
Speaker 5: I couldn't have told you that we get fifteen times more oil from Canada than from Saudi Arabia.
Speaker 2: Didn't know that. So interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, King of Ukraine, Western allies are meeting as we speak, or just did. No, it's today to hash out a bold European idea. When was the last time you heard the phrase bold European idea? I know, let's make our acconemy even more socialist than wreck it. That was really the last one I heard. They're thinking of sending ten to thirty thousand troops to Ukraine to help enforce any eventual peace deal with Russia. Defense officials from dozens of Western nations, not America. We are not involved. Zuos met in the UK today. They met today, Yes, it's later today over there to hammer out details of the so called Coalition of the Willing, led by the UK and France, that could help Ukraine deter Russia from attacking in the future.
Speaker 2: No US troops would be involved.
Speaker 1: Again, the Eastern Euros are saying, yeah, well, we're right next to Russian. We don't want to piss them off, and we need them for our own defenses. But Britain, France, Sweden, Denmark and Australia have all said they're considering putting boots on the ground.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: So this is being portrayed, of course by the Trump haters. As look, Europe is in such a desperate situation since we've abandoned them that they feel like they need to.
Speaker 2: Act on their own.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's one way to look at it, or another way to look at it would be it's their freaking continent.
Speaker 2: Why aren't they doing it instead of us or with us? Even?
Speaker 1: You know, I see the world through metaphors and I find it illustrative.
Speaker 2: I hope you do too. But it's like we had a totally.
Speaker 1: Dysfunctional relationship with a clingy, weak partner who is nothing but clingy and weak, and we said, nope, you're on your own.
Speaker 2: We kicked them to the curb.
Speaker 1: They learned about themselves, jack, as they say these days, they worked on themselves and now potentially they are a stronger, more self reliant partner worth having.
Speaker 2: I mean Europe was getting damned close.
Speaker 1: To just as a useless ally, just weak paper tiger, just clinging to us.
Speaker 5: Well, right, I had that quote from the leader of Poland last week that I thought was really good. He's more on our side by saying, how are we supposed to convince three hundred million Americans that they need to protect five hundred million Europeans from one hundred and forty million Russians.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I like to cut his jib. It's worth mentioning that. A defense expert at King's College, London, Bence Nameth, said the chance of this force ever heading to Ukraine is a long shot. European leaders say they'll only send troops if there is a lasting piece in Ukraine. Wow, I'll go kick his ass as long as he says he doesn't want to fight. Russian President Vladimir Putin is so far ruled out signing piece deal that includes Western forces in Ukraine, other than that it's a terrific idea. Among other ideas floated were to get around Russia's opposition, perhaps include troops that Russia SEESUS friendly from China or India, for example, So you're gonna have like joint patrols of British, French and Chinese troops to keep Vladimir Putin out of Ukraine.
Speaker 5: China is not putting troops in Ukraine? Is there a ghastly can hear?
Speaker 1: Or what are you okay? How many fingers am I holding up? Seriously?
Speaker 5: Good lord, I'm Santa Maria just upset Washington University at the buzzer.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's begun, but anyway, Prize Picks is the best way to get action in on sports in more than thirty states, including some of the biggies like kel Unicornia, Texas, and Georgia. The Prize Picks app is so easy to use in fun to create a lineup, all you do is pick more or less on a few player stats for your chance to went up to one thousand times your money.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Speaking of sports, the second half of the basketball season is here in the race of the playoffs is heating up, and you can turn your sports opinions into cash. Sign up today get fifty dollars instantly when you play five dollars with the Prize Picks app. You don't even need to win to receive the fifty dollars bonus. It's guaranteed.
Speaker 2: And you know what's kookie fun is you can combine sports.
Speaker 1: You can vet on a couple of baseball players and a couple of basketball players for to have your lineup for the weekend. For instance, download the prize picks afterday, use the Coade Armstrong to get fifty bucks instantly to play around with. After you play your first five dollars lineup. That's right, you play five dollars, win or lose, they give you fifty prize picks.
Speaker 2: Run your game. Remember that code card.
Speaker 5: Mary's of Utah escapees and up just as almost lost to Connecticut State looking up at the top. And that's a opset in the making, So close dreams shattered, Joe. Interesting perspective here.
Speaker 1: Trump's Yemen campaign is promise to avoid quote unquote forever wars, which is a term I hate. It's a catchphrase in search of an argument. Nobody wants forever wars. Well, the military industrial complex does you know what? You have a point, But just because something takes a little while doesn't mean you get to smugly call it a forever war on Twitter. But there is no doubt that Trump's vale We're gonna whoop the hell out of Hoothy's if they don't stop their their horseplay, and we're gonna do it as long as it takes, if it takes forever. That's, you know, very much in contrast to what he's talking about during the campaign. But you know, campaigns are all about oversimplification. It'll be interesting to see, though, what his actual philosophy is this time around, because it's already clearly not quite as pat as was suggested during the campaign.
Speaker 2: Not a shock. The question is does it make you happy?
Speaker 5: The United States has fallen to its lowest ranking ever in the World Happiness Report, which makes me unhappy, among other things we've got to talk about on the waistate here.
Speaker 7: Well, Khalil's not exactly an easy one either, because it's some judge, you know, dlamdon de him. But the Democrats last meek because of the stupidity of you know, they're back in these ninety percent negative things. From the standpoint people that hate Israel want to destroy it, people that are murderers, people that are horrible.
Speaker 2: That was a little hard to untease.
Speaker 1: But what Trump was saying is that the Democrats lose because they back things that nobody likes, and that brought me to a chart that I saw. Steve Kernaki, who's the head polster for NBC, puts this out recently, and as he says, white non college men a more blue collar demographic, and white college or plus women more upscale one have come to exist in two polar opposite political and cultural universes. And I think we knew that, but looking at the polling, you look at Donald Trump positive or negative, White men no degree plus forty one, white women college or grad school minus thirty eight. With just a little rounding, it's an eighty point gap. Wow, that that can't exist in a single culture. I mean, if you're talking about norwayan Yemen, I could see that sort of gap existing. Jadie Vans, those are two very big groups. Also, well, oh yeah, that's one of the points Karnaki gets to. I'm you know, as long as you know you're right, that's a better way to prove in.
Speaker 5: Native Americans and Arizona are really polar opposite in their political views.
Speaker 2: Either are two giant voting groups.
Speaker 1: Well said, to quote mister Karnaki, both groups pack a formidable punch. Eighteen percent of all voters last year were non college white men, and seventeen percent were college educated white women. So damn near twenty percent on each end of the electorate. A little less so anyway, jd Vance is only five points less polarizing. Elon Musk is a seventy three point spread. Doge, as you might have guessed, is eighty point spread. The Republican Party is a sixty point spread. DEI is a seventy one point spread, with white college plus women still plus thirty one on DEI.
Speaker 2: Well, I clearly need.
Speaker 5: To date a non college graduate dude if I want to be.
Speaker 2: In math checks out.
Speaker 1: And the Democratic Party it's a fifty four percent spread. White men no degree minus fifty eight, almost minus sixty in approval, and white college women is actually minus minus four because they don't think the Democrats are radical enough.
Speaker 5: But so if you get this, almost twenty percent of each group, so that's forty percent of the electorate total, right, yeah, yeah, and they're that far apart. Is that ever happened in our history? I wonder.
Speaker 1: I doubt it very very much, only like in eighteen sixty one, and I don't know if you've heard, things went very poorly for several years after that. Yeah, it's shocking, and I'm trying. You know, I certainly have my point of view. We have our point of view, and we're trying to litigate it and convince more people. For instance, conservatism, localism, you know, not teaching your kids porn in school, all this stuff is better than the alternative. On the other hand, I really try to understand what's happening before I go into litigation mode, and I can't come up.
Speaker 2: With anything other than.
Speaker 1: The constant indoctrination of progressive ideals into students and particularly women. For the socio psychological reasons We've talked about why women are more easily in doctrinated than men a lot of times, and the fact that women are not marrying and having children so biologically they have a desperate need for a purpose. They've been indoctrinated that their purpose is Marxism, essentially progressivism, and that's why we're seeing this mind boggling and unprecedented spread.
Speaker 5: Well, I wonder if we crossed some sort of line into a tipping point where it'd be hard to dig out of this, Like what would be appealing about college for a lot of men when all you see is women who have a completely different view of the world than you.
Speaker 2: Well, in so.
Speaker 1: Many degrees are worthless, and the youngsters barely learn anything, and it's suffocatingly expensive.
Speaker 2: Who could resist? Yeah, well that's interesting. Yeah, it's not good. It's not healthy.
Speaker 1: I got a lot in so many emails from young men saying, dude's the reason I don't date is because women are out of their freaking minds.
Speaker 5: But not in the usual way in the college women to be saying they're a bunch of maga idiots.
Speaker 2: That was why it don't Yes, yes, correct, good?
Speaker 5: They love not political war, any comic give us a tax four oneftc.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 5: Coming out your next segment. One of the funnier things Trump has ever said. That's saying something, but pretty funny. Also, the big case against green Peace. Have you heard about this? Really interesting saw the headline Menendez brothers continue to be a thing.
Speaker 2: Who are you? Who are you.
Speaker 5: People who are fighting to get the Menendez brothers out of prison? But or even talking about it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you not have a like, any interests or hobbies or family to care about?
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 1: So what is Trump trying to do with the tariffs and why is he going about it the way he's going about it. Now, this might be two completely different questions, but what's the plan. I have called for a Ronald Reagan esque speak to speak to the nation saying, Hey, this is going to be disruptive for a little while, but here's what we're hoping happens. Here's roughly how long it'll take. And that's why I'm doing what I'm doing. You know, he constantly communicates with the press to the point that any individual explanation, I think kind of gets lost and it might illustrate the need to be a little more selective in how often you speaking on what topic.
Speaker 2: But you know he's going to do him. But jd.
Speaker 1: Vance did an interview recently in which he addressed the very questions of trade policy and what they're trying to accomplish. It is in three chunks, Michael, we'll just begin with first and to discuss as needed.
Speaker 8: There were two conceits that our leadership class had when it came to globalization. The first is assuming that we can separate the making of things from the design of things. The idea of globalization was that rich countries would move further up the value chain, while the poor countries made the simpler things. You would open an iPhone box and it would say designed in Coupertino, California.
Speaker 2: Now the implication, of course, is that.
Speaker 8: It would be manufacturing, eng engein or somewhere else. And yeah, some people might lose their jobs in manufacturing, but they could learn to design, or to use a very popular phrase, learn to code. But I think we got it wrong. It turns out that the geographies that do the manufacturing get awfully good at the designing of things. Their network effects. As you all well understand, the firms that design products work with firms that manufacture. They share intellectual property, they share best practices, and they even sometimes share critical employees. Now, we assume that other nations would always trail us in the value chain, but it turns out that as they got better at the lower of the value chain, they also started catching up on the higher end. We were squeezed from both ends. Now that was the first conceit of globalization.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's good stuff. Why don't we get talked to like that more often from politicians? Yeah?
Speaker 1: This I can't remember precisely or he was he was speaking too. Folks who are you know, probably more hip to this sort of thing. Than the average voter. Yeah, I agree with them as far as it goes. Some of it's a little overstated, I think, And you just can't argue with Yeah, if I manufacture it over there, I can offer the same product for thirty percent less, because that is just too compelling in a free market to pass up.
Speaker 2: It's too attractive.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, in the second clip, he gets to cheap labor, and I think.
Speaker 8: The second is that cheap labor is fundamentally a crutch, and it's a crutch that inhibits innovation.
Speaker 2: I might even say that it's a.
Speaker 8: Drug that too many American firms got addicted to. Now, if you can make a product more cheaply, it's far too easy to do that rather than to innovate. And whether we were offshoring factories to cheap labor economies or importing cheap labor through our immigration system, labor became the drug of Western economies. And I'd say that if you look in nearly every country from Canada to the UK that imported large amounts of cheap labor, you've seen productivity stagnate.
Speaker 2: And I don't think.
Speaker 8: That's not a total happenstance. I think that the connection is very direct.
Speaker 2: I assume he's getting to his ultimate point here in a little bit. Yeah. I don't buy that argument, by the way. Okay, yeah, I do.
Speaker 1: The idea that we've become less innovative because we have cheap labor over there. Well, but again, if you are five percent less innovative but can drop your price by thirty percent and you're innovating pretty well, that's just not a compelling argument in a free market.
Speaker 5: We've been doing the cheap labor thing for quite a while, and we're the most innovative country on earth with all the smartphone, computer AI, all that technologies come out of here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are some leaps of logic there that I don't think are like super compelling, But all right, bring it home, JD.
Speaker 8: Now, one of the debates you hear on the minimum wage, for instance, is that increase in the minimum wage force firms to automate, So a higher wage of McDonald's means more kiosks, And whatever your views on the wisdom of the minimum wage, I'm not going to comment on that here. Companies innovating in the absence of cheap labor is a good thing. I think most of you are not worried about getting cheaper and cheaper labor. You're worried about innovating, about building new things. About the old formulation of technology is doing more with less. You guys are all trying to do more with less every single day. And so I'd ask my friends, both on the tech optimist side and on.
Speaker 2: The populace side, not to.
Speaker 8: See the failure of the logic of globalization as a failure of innovation. Indeed, I'd say that globalization's hunger for cheap labor is a problem precisely because it's been bad for innovation. Both our working people are populists and our innovators gathered here today have the same enemy. And the solution, I believe is American innovation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not untrue what he's saying.
Speaker 1: I just think he's really grossly exaggerating his point or inflating it. I mean, if I'm running Joe's tires and Jack's running Jack's tires, and.
Speaker 2: Rounder you're gonna like him.
Speaker 1: If you've shot for tires lately, you realize you could about buy anything anyway, because we're you know, maybe this, and we're selling essentially the same good. We both have good service but you're importing tires that are thirty percent cheaper than mine. Jd Vance would say, well, Joe, you've got to innovate. You got to innovate your way because now that you're not relying on cheap you gotta innovate. But you can't innovate your way to not going out of business. It's just not possible. In a lot of fields. We're not all designing AI. Some of us are selling tires or lumber, or washing machines or whatever. I and I wanted I actually had only heard part of one of those clips. I wanted to agree with them. I wanted to be persuaded because you could simply say, hey, the United States government exists to protect the rights of the American people and to you know, seek the welfare, seek out the best possible welfare for the American people. To what extent you want them to do. That depends on how libertarian you are. And I get that. And offshoring, like all the good steady manufacturing jobs, has been an enormous negative in a lot of ways.
Speaker 2: But I just I'm sorry I didn't buy those arguments.
Speaker 1: What am I missing? Why am I wrong? Mail bag at Armstrong and getty dot com. In the words of Agent Molder on the X Files, I want to believe I.
Speaker 5: Don't think you're going to change the incentive when it comes to like having stuff built in Mexico or India or wherever the heck my socks are made.
Speaker 2: You know, it says Indiania, you need to have more innovative socks.
Speaker 5: But uh, China, that's going to take care of itself. Because there's such an enemy of the United States, people aren't going to want to make stuff. I can't believe that Apple is still making iPhones in China.
Speaker 2: They got to be scared to death on a daily basis. Yeah, well that's why they opened.
Speaker 1: What is it they're having fifteen or eighteen percent of their manufacturing done in India now, I think, but you know, fifteen to eighteen percent eight much?
Speaker 5: No, but that that's what's going to take care of the cheap Chinese goods. Is it just we're going to reach the point of rupture with that enemy of the United States one of these.
Speaker 2: Days, I suspect.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, so the chatting of our young people, which I'll explain what that means coming up in a little bit. And one of the funnier things Trump has ever said. Is it chatting with a te chatting as in the name Chad. Oh, I don't know that I've invented this term, but oh, all that I don't know.
Speaker 1: You're innovating yourself ahead of the competition. I am getting ahead of cheap Chinese talk shows exactly.
Speaker 2: It's on the way.
Speaker 5: So I'm trying to fit all this into this little segment here. I got an idea, I got a plan. So, first of all, came across this. If you have allergies at all. I didn't have allergies in my entire life. Moved to California, got allergies, which I guess happens to some people.
Speaker 2: We get shots for years.
Speaker 5: Paulin expected to surpass historical averages in thirty nine states this year, So for four out of five states, it is going to be a worse than average allergy year or something to look forward to, record setting.
Speaker 2: Good lord, the sneezing, so much sneezing.
Speaker 5: President Trump calls on Congress to pass stable coin legislation during his address at the Digital Asset Summer Summit.
Speaker 2: Well, you talk about something I don't understand.
Speaker 5: We're ending the last administration's regulatory war on crypto and bitcoin. Okay, this is either great or horrible or something in between. I have no idea, don't ask me.
Speaker 1: Not super comfy with Trump playing around with the meme coin industry, by the way, I haven't talked about their.
Speaker 5: Okay, and a lot has been made over since Trump came on the scene politically about his sleeping.
Speaker 2: How he let me sleep like five hours a night or something like that.
Speaker 5: He's one of those people, Max, Yeah, got it, his age, his level of stress. Anyway, he said something funny. Laura Ingram asked him about his sleeping.
Speaker 2: You do when you.
Speaker 8: Can't sleep because you don't sleep, You're like me, you don't sleep at all.
Speaker 2: I know you just don't need a lot of sleep. But when you can't fall asleep, you wake up and I'm like, how do you go back to sleep?
Speaker 7: Well, the only thing I totally admired about sleepy Joe Biden is the following. He'd go to a beach, he'd lay down in a cut, barely able to get his feet through the sand. He'd lay down, and within minutes he's sleeping, and you have cameras watching him.
Speaker 2: I could never do that. I would never be able to sleep like that.
Speaker 7: That's about the only thing I think that was wonderful.
Speaker 2: Uh. He was a disaster. This man was a disaster. I don't sleep much. You don't sleep much.
Speaker 7: A lot of people that love what they're doing don't sleep much, I find, and so far it's been okay.
Speaker 2: That's a decent point. If you can, in the middle of the day, with.
Speaker 5: Cameras everywhere, shuffle on out to the beach, laid out, sound asleep, that's a gift.
Speaker 2: Or you have dementia, well yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you can sleep on airplanes like a ring and a bell. For me to sleep ten minutes straight on an airplane, I'm more likely to pull vault eighteen feet.
Speaker 5: I couldn't if I had cameras on me. Let's all watch Jack sleep. I couldn't do that enough. Yeah, well, you don't have the dementia. As you mentioned, the chatting of America. I've been wanting to talk about this. I see Pete Davidson has a new girl, hot young actress girlfriend. Pete Davidson of SNL fame. He is involved in this. He plays a character on Saturday Night Live name Chad, and I kind of got it liked it over. It's been going on for years. It's a recurring character's when they do their little films. It's a recurring character until I got a high school boy who is very much like Chad, and I just wonder, and there's a reason it's a popular character on Saturday Live.
Speaker 2: My kids act in that way.
Speaker 5: It must be like something in the water or the air or culture right now. And the whole thing with Chad, if you've never seen it, is they put him in different circumstances like j looaks coming on to him in one episode, or the place catches on fire, or just whatever's going on. Whatever you say to Chad itsways okay, I don't know, all right, the place is on fire, Oh okay, we really should get out of here, all right. Or j Lo's coming on, I think I've fallen in love with you and have sex with you.
Speaker 2: Cool. That's what he responds to everything, And that's whay.
Speaker 5: My son is with anything, and it's just does it any breaking out of it? And I don't know if that's fine or normal, or or if the younger generation is just so comfortable and like numb from smartphones that just nothing has an effect on them.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is. I don't know if it's a crisis or just funny.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's the disease you get from calling everything awesome. A sunrise is awesome, this taco is awesome. The Allies triumphing in World War two is awesome.
Speaker 2: Everything's awesome.
Speaker 5: Why do we had a producer I won't name his name, guy I really really liked for a while who had a bit of that himself. And it's just kinda you know, you know, if you do this, that's gonna happen. Okay, I mean just I don't care. Doesn't matter to me. I mean, as long as I got a roof over my head and a smartphone to stare at all, right, cool? And I just wonder if I don't know, I don't know if it's a thing.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, I don't know if it's because I'm the presence of social media and electronic inputs is different than we ever dealt with. But being like unaffected by anything is It's an adolescent thing, especially around your parents.
Speaker 2: I'm independent, I'm cool. You can't affect me like you did when I was a kid. You know that sort of thing. Anie thoughts Joe just nailed at it. I think it's a total cool guy thing, you know, I don't care. It's all good. Yeah, yeah, well, it definitely is.
Speaker 5: I used to spend a lot of time in my room listening to music when I was his age. When I was a high schooler, I'd spend a lot of time in my room with my stereo on, headphones on or whatever, and I read. But that was one of the only options. I didn't have a TV in my room. My son doesn't have a TV in his room, but he's got a TV in his hand with a smartphone. But he'll get home from school and I'll try to engage them in conversation for a while and then headed to the zerom. What are you gonna do? Literally whatever I want? And he can he can kill several hours in his room because he's just texting with friends and.
Speaker 2: Yeah nothing. How's things doing? Okay? Did you see you hear about this? All right?
Speaker 1: I don't know where it goes unless it's the planet of the apes or beavers or ants, as I've said, But again, assemble Jesus and Buddha and nietzschee and you know, Thomas Jefferson and who else? John Wayne you usually want John Wayne for some reason. Heart Princess Diana, exactly. No, this is not a Franklin Mint commemorative plate. This is a meeting of the greatest minds in philosophers and history. And tell them what if we were to put in the hands of every human being a device that delivered constant pleasure without effort, do you think things would go?
Speaker 2: And then please? They'd be climbing all over each other to tell you, oh, bad idea, bad idea, And yet here we are.
Speaker 5: And you'd say that in the younger generation, this is going to destroy your motivation to do anything, and they would say, okay, whatever.
Speaker 1: Cool exactly yeah again. Planet of the Beavers gonna be charming.
Speaker 2: In its way.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they will grow to astounding size and oppress us remaining humans. That remains to be seen, but they will indeed be in charge of the planet.
Speaker 5: So my youngest he plays video games and then he gets angered himself for playing video games too much. And he doesn't even play very much. But he told me last night, he said, I'm giving this to you. Do not give it back to me under no circumstances. Give it back to me, no matter how much I beg tomorrow and tomorrow I'm gonna beg. I'm gonna say I overreacted. Don't give it back to me. I don't want it back.
Speaker 1: Wow, switch, I said Jean Wilder and young Frankenstein.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I said, You've seen this theme in lots of TV shows and movies. I know you have, where the person says, no matter how much I beg, don't let me out, or that sort of thing. But right, okay, we'll see how this turns out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, good luck with that next hour.
Speaker 1: A number of things I'm anxious to bring to your attention, including a couple of progressive states attacks on homeschooling that are utterly galling and evil.
Speaker 2: Want to call those out.
Speaker 1: Plus the two faced corporations that do business in the UK and in the United States over in Europe. Well, I said the UK, but it's the UK and Europe. Over in Europe, they're more woke than ever, even as their public face in the US is oh, we've moved beyond that sort of thing. So the Euro's gon a euro as they say, and a lot more good stuff if okay, yeah whatever, If you don't get next hour, I don't care whether I get it or not. If you don't get Next Hour, that's fine, just grab it later via podcast.
Speaker 2: Subscribe to Armstrong and Getting on demand. Okay, cool cut's neat, Yeah, cool cool cool dad? All right? Uh our four is gonna be good. Stick here Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm