Speaker 1: Hey, you're here. You found the Second Day podcast and we love that. Thank you so much. Stop here here. You know what, if you.
Speaker 2: Want us to invade more of your life, we're on YouTube, yeah with Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: Your address, I can show up Jose. Jose will come to your house and give you hugs.
Speaker 3: And yeah, you give me foods uh huh.
Speaker 2: And also there's forty five more minutes of this dumb content that apparently you life, which.
Speaker 1: We're really grateful for.
Speaker 2: You can go over the main feed for the full show Brook and Jeffrey. But right now, let's get into this relationship stuff.
Speaker 3: Second Date up Date.
Speaker 4: In this segment, there's a lot of logic that goes into our thinking about whether a pair should be together or not.
Speaker 3: We're always asking like, is that fair? Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 4: But I think there's not enough heart in our decision making because love isn't always rational.
Speaker 3: We need to start thinking with that other body.
Speaker 1: Is this romantically.
Speaker 3: The heart? The heart? Let's think with that.
Speaker 4: And we've got a guy on the phone who's got a whole lot of heart going on.
Speaker 3: His name is Randall.
Speaker 2: Why do I feel like it's a euphemism every time you say it, Jack is not it's if you.
Speaker 4: Think with your heart books So, Randall, after after just reading your email, I hope whatever the universe gives you here today, you accept with open arms.
Speaker 5: Oh brother, I couldn't have said it myself.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Some of us are more emotional and heart driven in this room.
Speaker 1: But I don't know when you're being serious or not.
Speaker 4: That's a very analytical, pessimistic way to look at me as a person.
Speaker 3: He's doing it right now.
Speaker 4: Okay, just accept me for who I am deep inside, and not for what I say. What Randall, you're with me here, so tell us about your situation.
Speaker 3: It sounds like it's a little bit complicated.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's gonna sound a little unusual. But for a year I've been texting a woman in Vietnam and we've had a very deep connection and we've gotten to know one another so well that I fell deep in love with this woman.
Speaker 2: Good for you, I mean, you guys just found each other on the internet somehow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we found each other on the Internet and decided to start texting, and it was like a world one romance for me.
Speaker 1: Why did you say it was? Isn't it still?
Speaker 5: Well? I wanted to profess my love to her in person. So we decided that I was going to fly out and I was going to meet her.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, were you so nervous?
Speaker 5: Yes, I flew out. I was excited the whole trip. I couldn't sleep, I couldn't eat. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, what was it like when you land and you finally get to see each other in person?
Speaker 5: Well? I landed, I went to where we were supposed to meet and she didn't show up.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I think that that is like the cruelest thing that's going on right now.
Speaker 1: Here's so many people actually.
Speaker 4: Dude, that's terrible. So we we all hate Vietnamese fake girl.
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: So where are you in your in your love life?
Speaker 5: Now? And you guys will be happy to learn that I met another woman from the Philippine.
Speaker 3: Oh god, here we go.
Speaker 5: We met online again? But I know this woman's real.
Speaker 1: How they could be real? But are they employed by someone else? Are they?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: They're all real?
Speaker 3: Have you face timed with her?
Speaker 5: We didn't face time, but we've been texting a lot. And let me tell you, I know you're gonna think I'm crazy, but my heart tells me it's real.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're throwing logic out the window, all rational, we're only listening to our hearts.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, now I understand, jefs intro.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm real nervous. So is that are we calling this girl in the Philippines right now?
Speaker 5: No? No, here's what I need you guys to help me with my friend. You know everything that happened with the last girl. He said to me, why not just meet a woman locally, face to face and just see how it goes. Yeah, so I did. I actually got online and I matched with a young lady and we met up at a bar. And her name is Georgina.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you we're on a day with Georgina, but you're in love with a woman from the Philippines.
Speaker 5: Yes, I'm just trying to see if maybe I am supposed to meet someone locally, just to see where love may take me.
Speaker 2: Well, and you're a lover, you're a true romantic and with everyone you see, that's okay.
Speaker 3: Can we know more about Georgina at the bar?
Speaker 5: Yes, we just had a great conversation. She's been through some hurt in her past too, so we bonded over that and we just really had a deep conversation, nothing too deep, just conversations about life and our goals and what we would like to achieve, and it was nice.
Speaker 1: Were you suing people?
Speaker 2: Follow up?
Speaker 1: Nothing too deep with like favorite movie?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Anyway, what's your dog's name?
Speaker 2: Whoa?
Speaker 1: Whoa, whoa whoa?
Speaker 3: All right, So now.
Speaker 5: I gotta be honest though I felt like I was cheating on my Philippine girl. So I'm a little torn, and I had a good time. So I want to put it in the universe's hands, in the universe being you guys, and I want to see if this person wants to pursue this. I'm not going to the Philippines, but if they don't, then I'm on the first plane out of here.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, So if Georgina wants to pursue a relationship with you, then you're gonna just totally leave the Filipino girl.
Speaker 1: But is she not texting you back? Or why do you need us?
Speaker 5: Yeah? So we just had the date last night, so I don't even really know what to do.
Speaker 1: Well, we can jump in before things go wrong.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also, he's a guy that clearly operates through grand romantic gestures, and what better way to do like a big gesture to Georgina than to have a radio show call engage how she feels.
Speaker 3: About him in a cosmic sort of way.
Speaker 2: But we shouldn't push if she says no, because that's the universe.
Speaker 3: That analytical, rational, logical talk that.
Speaker 1: Nobody wants to hear and try to act like the universe. And I feel like the universe just comes with.
Speaker 3: A flow jazz exactly, So stop overthinking it.
Speaker 4: Let's just lady and see where her heart is at when we do the second date update.
Speaker 3: Right after this second Date update, we're in the.
Speaker 4: Middle of your second Date update, and if you missed the first part, the universe was brought up a lot. Yes, because our listener Randall has put his fate into our hands, saying we are the universe. And I guess that makes brook Uranus.
Speaker 1: A giant gas plan and.
Speaker 3: The rest of us are stars. Because here's the situation.
Speaker 4: Randall's been heartbroken before he flew to Vietnam to meet a woman.
Speaker 3: Ended up getting.
Speaker 4: Catfished there, then fell for another lady from the Philippines who sure he has not met her yet, not even FaceTime, but in his heart he feels that their connection is true, he's in love.
Speaker 3: He said he's in love with her.
Speaker 4: Absolutely and randall on a scale one out of ten. How serious are you about Philippines girl?
Speaker 5: I am so serious that if this doesn't work out today, I am on the first plane to the Philippines with a ring in my hands.
Speaker 3: Can I recommend not the.
Speaker 1: First It's gonna be very expensive flight.
Speaker 5: Maybe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you're gonna propose?
Speaker 5: Yes? Absolutely.
Speaker 2: You went on one date last night, Yeah, with Georgina.
Speaker 1: Writer's the name Georgina.
Speaker 5: Her name is Georgiana.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good memory.
Speaker 2: Georgina is going to decide whether or not you propose to a woman in the Philippines.
Speaker 5: That's a lot of Wait, think about it. This could be a sign from the universe. So let's just see what happened.
Speaker 2: Could protecting you and also don't tell Georgina maybe about the backup play.
Speaker 1: He's really all or nothing type of guy and very honest.
Speaker 4: I think we just let the universe take control of the conversation. We're not going to plan anything out. I'm just going to start dialing the numbers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but don't you think we should zip it?
Speaker 3: Uranus. We've got the universal business to attend to.
Speaker 1: You're not a star. You're like the moon of Uranus. I know it.
Speaker 5: You wish.
Speaker 1: Damn, let's just make this black hole right now?
Speaker 3: You want me to be anyway?
Speaker 5: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hi, we're looking to speak with Georgina.
Speaker 5: This is this is a.
Speaker 3: Morning radio show.
Speaker 4: We're called Brooke and Jeffrey, and we are very eager to speak with you today.
Speaker 3: Brook take it away.
Speaker 6: Why are you interested in speaking to me?
Speaker 1: We heard last night you went a really great date.
Speaker 3: I did go on a date last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would you say it was great?
Speaker 4: She took.
Speaker 6: Okay, why do you even want to know?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: How did you even get my number?
Speaker 4: We actually got it from that guy Randall. And in this segment that we're doing, we're just trying to gauge and see how things go. Yeah, okay, so we're just trying to pry a little bit and ask you, you know, how was your date?
Speaker 3: How was the hangout?
Speaker 1: Is a short review?
Speaker 6: I mean it was a good date. We had a couple of drinks. Randall was super thoughtful and nice.
Speaker 3: This all fits his character.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you were feeling really good?
Speaker 6: I was until the very end because it was a little bit weird, to say the least.
Speaker 3: We don't know what happened at the end. He didn't mention that was there like a kiss.
Speaker 6: No, it was not a kiss. So basically he told me, I just want you to know this date meant a lot to me.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good. That must make you feel great.
Speaker 2: It did.
Speaker 6: It did until the second part, in which he said, I don't know if I'm going to propose to someone else yet, but it's been very nice to meet you.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh my god, I bet your heart just sunk, Like.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, I was more confused than anything.
Speaker 3: I didn't wish him luck.
Speaker 4: Do you think there's any chance maybe it was just a line, like a little hard to get line to play towards you, to make himself seem a little bit more desirable.
Speaker 1: To get married In second guesses, sounds like a.
Speaker 4: Good joke, Like how wild would it be if he really was engaged, Like obviously he's kidding.
Speaker 6: Yeah, if it was a joke, it didn't work. It did not land. He should workshop that with someone else.
Speaker 2: Up until that very last sentence, you were planning on seeing me again.
Speaker 6: It definitely seemed like it was going in that direction.
Speaker 2: Okay our answer, Okay, so that's our answer.
Speaker 1: Can we ignore the last sentence? Can we just forget that happened?
Speaker 6: I think that would be textbook ignoring a red flag.
Speaker 3: Well, maybe we could.
Speaker 4: We could replace it with some new sentences that he wants to say to you right now, because he is listening to this phone call.
Speaker 5: Well, I need to talk to her. I need I need to say something. Wada, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry, he's on the phone. That's how this segment works.
Speaker 5: We have been waiting, Georgina. I'm sorry. You were wonderful. I had a great time, but I got to tell you the whole story. A year ago, I fell in love with a person in Vietnam. They catfished me. I was heartbroken. I didn't know what to do. Then I found another person, and this woman's from the Philippines. I feel like she might be the one. I haven't met her yet. I haven't facetimed her. All.
Speaker 6: You have to wait.
Speaker 1: We were.
Speaker 6: You haven't met her?
Speaker 5: No? No, no, I haven't met her yet. I'm just trying to so.
Speaker 6: Fine base timed her, have you No?
Speaker 5: No, we just heard her voice.
Speaker 7: Do you know what she sounds like?
Speaker 3: No, I'm not sure where she's going with this. Where are you going with this?
Speaker 7: You you just admitted to getting catfished for the Vietnamese person, and now you're putting yourself in the same scenario potentially with this woman from the Philippines.
Speaker 6: Like you do you not see the pattern here?
Speaker 5: But yes, I see what everyone else sees. But sent this woman money?
Speaker 1: Oh we didn't know that.
Speaker 5: I mean not a lot, a little.
Speaker 4: Brand probably just for like a new phone so that they could text more.
Speaker 5: Oh, Randall, I try to be a person.
Speaker 6: Of course she needs help. She's an invisible woman on the internet who you don't know.
Speaker 1: A man Brook.
Speaker 4: Why didn't you ever step in and tell Randall any of this stuff earlier?
Speaker 2: Jeffrey Randall, he is a hopeful, truly a heartfelt guy and he's just getting taken advantage job and that is like so sad.
Speaker 4: I don't see it as a sad thing at all. I see, Randall, you give.
Speaker 1: Me money to a woman in the Philippines, It probably doesn't exist.
Speaker 3: You give me money to random people you've never met you before, and you.
Speaker 4: Call it charity and a sudden europe person like, I'm sorry, He's just he's got a big heart, he has a lot of hope, and optimism, and he's willing to do whatever it takes to make love happen in his life. And he's willing to put himself out there, even put himself on the radio like this.
Speaker 5: Can I go with the girl in the Philippines or should I continue to pursue Georgina?
Speaker 1: Georgina, are you kidding me?
Speaker 6: I can hear you.
Speaker 1: You need to say something romantic? Did Georgina tell her why you tried this? Why you finally went out on a limb and risked because his friend made him.
Speaker 5: Georgina, in all honesty, before our date, I was wholeheartedly in love with the young lady from the Philippines. But after meeting you, there's just something about you. I thought we had a connection. I didn't know if that was a universe telling you that I was making the wrong decision with the other girl.
Speaker 6: I appreciate your candor, but I will just tell you the difference between me and this other woman. I am real and the other person is a fantasy. So that's that's why you are so swept up, because that's what these scammers do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you mean like there's a small percent, like one percent, she's not real.
Speaker 6: Definitely ninety nine one hundred, one hundred and nine a thousand.
Speaker 7: She's not real and you know, I don't know where things are going to stand between us, but for now we should at least.
Speaker 6: I will be your friend and help you navigate this situation if that's what you need, right.
Speaker 3: That is amazing, Randall. You hear that she is willing to fight for you.
Speaker 1: We could take it that way.
Speaker 3: I love it, Jeff.
Speaker 4: Sure, So she is willing to do whatever it takes. It sounds like to help you be your Sirpa through your romance life.
Speaker 2: Rinda. This is a real one. Georgina is a real one. Please don't pass up this chance.
Speaker 5: No woman has ever fought from me before.
Speaker 4: Well, let's get the boxing gloves on and get this going. Because Georgina, we want to send you and Randall out on another day and we'll pay for it if you say yes.
Speaker 6: Well, I am willing to do that.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Thank you, Georgina. You are such a caring time person. I can't wait for us to hang out again. Oh, I look forward to it.
Speaker 4: Okay, And how much money do you want him to send you, Georgina before this date happens?
Speaker 6: You could pay me in person.
Speaker 7: We're fine.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, the universe. Congratulations you two. You're going the other day.
Speaker 1: Seriously, thank God for Georgia. Stressful this guy.
Speaker 5: I gotta save this guy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's brookod Jeffrey in the morning, brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 3: Hey, look at that. We actually got a yes today.
Speaker 1: I have ever been more thankful for one of our listeners.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm The thing is, it wasn't necessarily a romantic yes, but the opportunity for romance is there.
Speaker 1: I mean, by him, I'm sure he's gonna fall in love with her, there's no question on that.
Speaker 2: But I mean the whole thing is hopefully she saves him from getting scammed out of tons of money.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just think you're right. He needs to not talk to another woman ever. Yeah, because he falls in love with everyone. Yeah who said that?
Speaker 4: Because it does feel like everybody Randall meets or talks to he immediately falls forth. So just Brook, make sure to check your DMS tomorrow because there's probably a message in there that says the way you handled that second date was just magnanimous. Perhaps the universe willed this call into existence just so I could hear your beautiful nasally voice and find my true compass.
Speaker 1: Hey yeah, Naisley, Thank you, Jeff.
Speaker 3: But those are Randalls, Yes, Randall.
Speaker 1: If you're listening, please dm Alexis instead.
Speaker 4: Yes, you can hear all of our lovely voices for hours on end if you listen to our Second Date Update podcast.
Speaker 3: Wherever you get yours, just search Brook and Jeffery
Speaker 1: Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning