Speaker 1: Welcome back to Bachelor Happy Hours Golden Hour. Thanks for joining us. How are you doing, Susan?
Speaker 2: Hi? I am so happy to be back, and today we are going to be answering more of your questions. We absolutely love these episodes, don't we, Kathy?
Speaker 1: Oh so fun?
Speaker 2: So keep those questions coming, and you know what to do, Bachelor nation dot com slash Golden Hour and submit them so we can talk about it.
Speaker 1: No question is too big or too small, right Susan. We love answering them, but today we're really excited to get into our questions. But for Susan, what do you think of last night's episode of The Golden Bachelor? Direct?
Speaker 2: God, where do I start? First of all, my favorite dress was her in the green at the Rose ceremony. I was texting Carrie, going good job.
Speaker 1: Okay, I just I want if you don't if you and I do not say this at the same time pasco where it's too high maintenance. But I love them. I absolutely Well. You know what, Susan Pascal, if you're listening, if Jenny hasn't chosen you, you're all.
Speaker 2: Susans, yes, because a run for your money.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I'm sorry. I haven't done laundry in forty years.
Speaker 2: I love that. Okay, I would love to be such a queen.
Speaker 1: I mean really, but you won't be a queen, sweetheart, You'll be doing his laundry.
Speaker 2: No, I will not. I would be easy. Well, I think, well, if you're going to reach out for me, just no, I'm just as queen as you can be. How about Taylor Dane being there?
Speaker 1: Unbelievable? Who was it that dated? I can't remember? Okay, but wait, I loved Greg doing Pascal's laundry. I mean there, he was.
Speaker 2: Giving him one hundred bucks a load.
Speaker 1: I know because you hear what he said, goes his cloes. His underwear is more valuable. Love and the USA untreated sleep apnea. That was who the guy is? Great?
Speaker 2: Because they were all complaining about his snoring. They were mocking his.
Speaker 1: I don't care. I want to meet him. I don't care if he snores. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think you should wait. How about the pink tuxedo on Jonathan at the prom and he was prom king it.
Speaker 1: Was you can you imagine the girl canceling him right before the prom?
Speaker 2: Do you know how many times that must happen to people? A lot, but he held on to it for forty plus years.
Speaker 1: And he's king of the problem. Last night, I was so sweet, Okay, what about guy was break dancing on the floor.
Speaker 2: Oh, that was hysterical. And then the other one came and spun him around the help.
Speaker 1: Did you seeing? Somebody had to come and lift him up, like, come on, guy, but he gets wait for the.
Speaker 2: First one on and one, Kathy, I've got vibes. Okay, if you don't, I don't know. I think I think my guy here is gonna go.
Speaker 1: Really, I'm sorry. He wasn't your guy. If you go back and listen.
Speaker 2: No, no, not my guy. You know what I mean. I think they Chuck and her have a lot of chemistry.
Speaker 1: Then Charles talking about losing his wife to an aneurysm. I just oh, so sad. And and then I'll tell the one that got me aside from you know about the photo booth.
Speaker 2: And then she gave him the picture of.
Speaker 1: Like, I know, it's so sweet, but Dan, okay, Dan, so that my sister has that a couple of people in my family have that. It's called a benign non essential tremor. It's not Parkinson's or anything. It's just a lot of people get it, and he has it in both of his hands.
Speaker 2: Did you hear when he told the story that the doctor hold him like your life was pretty much over? I guess it was a mistake. Is that a mistake.
Speaker 1: Well, since he's still with us, I'm going to go with the obviously, But I'm just saying to be able to be that vulnerable on National TV, clearly, I have a guy I dated has it. It's really hard. You know, they can't hold glasses, they have to do things with two hands. It's it. Just my hat is off to Dan for sharing that on National TV.
Speaker 2: It took a lot, and you know what, I also think it helped him come out of his comfort zone, you know, like it made him deal with what he has and nationally of course, and I think maybe he'll be better for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think, you know, it doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. And then I have to say Kim singing that romantic song to Joan about finding his person over the rainbow. Remember, my husband was a naval officer, he was not a captain.
Speaker 2: I always think of him, Kathy every time.
Speaker 1: I mean, but I saw I saw in one of the promos. I saw him on the floor cleaning up. I thought, oh boy, that is a captain of the Navy everything.
Speaker 2: What I wish about him that he laugh a little bit, Like I don't see his humorous side yet. I think he's very serious.
Speaker 1: Not everybody is a laugh a minute. And I think he's a genuinely nice guy. And I may say he certainly is not. What did you think about Jack going home? I know, I mean, I love the song at the end. He's my kind of guy. That guy.
Speaker 2: Wait, I did the cannon balls.
Speaker 1: In the pool, Susan, you and he. I mean, I was diving at the end of the pool. But this guy, you can tell he genuinely left nothing on the table. He had a I mean, I didn't really see Joan and him together. But what a great fun guy. Wouldn't you love to go out on the town.
Speaker 2: All the guys are going to miss him. I'm telling you, he was your entertainment.
Speaker 1: They were like, hi Jack, cha, but what what a cool guy. And some of the other guys that went home, Joe was so sad to set them home. We all would be I mean that, I know, I just I feel like she is really caring for their hearts. She really she kept.
Speaker 2: That high maintenance man.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, I mean he's a good looking guy. I'm just saying, you know, I think that that's who he is. You got to hand it to him. He's vest is who I am. I don't do my laundry. I you know, I.
Speaker 2: Make his bill in the closet. To see his closet.
Speaker 1: Did you see his Gucci his I mean, I can't even I don't even know the names. You know, my Louistan, my Gucci, my, this my bad. You know what I was thinking, Susan.
Speaker 2: Then he's.
Speaker 1: We have to sneak into the mansion. We're going into his closet and we are ripping everything out of there. With the cellar on the black market, I don't know that. I think he's tall, but he looks a little bit.
Speaker 2: I don't know if things would fit me, But it.
Speaker 1: Doesn't matter if you're selling them. It's called we're gonna make money on the stale, Suasan.
Speaker 2: But but he did an awesome haircut for his talent. I'm going to ask you about that. Yes, it was a great haircut. It was one hundred and seventy five dollars haircut.
Speaker 1: But did he do it in thirty seconds or do you think that was time lapse?
Speaker 2: No, he did it in thirty didn't you see him take one chunk off the bat hair?
Speaker 1: I hate to tell you just lost me as a client. A client. I'm going to Pascal because I know I could.
Speaker 2: Do it in thirty seconds. You want that blunt clipper cut, you want it sharp? That takes more time.
Speaker 1: Okay, And and let's be clear, I'm not paying one hundred and seventy five dollars here obviously. Well, maybe you know what if I sell Pascal's shoes and belts for not money, I'll have me. Then.
Speaker 2: I loved Also when Mark was talking in German and the end he wanted a kiss, and then she said, you should have asked me sooner.
Speaker 1: I know. And Joe did a great job. My son is fluent in German, so I had a little cheat there. I knew what he was saying, I knew what exactly. But how great was she? She really was pretty able to she did good. I don't know. I think I think this is a great season. I think Joan is making us proud, She's making the Golden People proud. She is handling herself with such dignity and grace and being so kind all the men and Joan, if you're listening, so proud of you and all you guys. Susan and I will put our numbers up. Very simple.
Speaker 2: Just stay tuned to our podcast.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: No, I absolutely love the whole evening, and as you said, she did a fabulous, fabulous job. I did feel for some of the people that went home. They weren't really ready but can stay. Yeah, I mean, I remember in our season when we said goodbye to the first batch. But however, Kat, if you remember that first week when they left, we had three less people in our bedroom.
Speaker 1: I know, but don't you think don't you think that just like when we left, we left stronger and more confident. I feel like those guys did too. I think it helped get to the show. It's one you have that experience. You definitely gained something. Yes, yes, I can't wait till I.
Speaker 2: Can't wait for next week, I know, and I can't wait for more one on ones. That's when you really see people and they tell their story.
Speaker 1: But don't you wait a minute. But Susan, don't you feel like last night's episode lest I can't tell time, which is always a possibility. It was two hours and I thought it was two hours. Maybe it wasn't our it's supposed to be an hour. Name I know, but I again, I have trouble, you know, if it's not digital, and I remember, I'm struggling here. But I think one of the great things about Jones season, on top of all these handsome, wonderful guys and and watching Joan, is that we're getting to know all the guys much faster and better, right because there's more time.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, what we see more, That's what I'm saying. Yeah, we see more. I don't know that they have longer time than we did as they sit for those few minutes when they get to chat. I don't know if that's long.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm just saying exactly what you said the first time. We're getting to see more Jones interactions with the guys, and so I feel like I'm getting to know them better.
Speaker 2: Did you also notice who's coming on next show?
Speaker 1: Gary?
Speaker 2: Are Gary?
Speaker 1: Okay? So there's been a lot of stuff on social you know, do you think he's going to try to rip Joan back? Or I think absolutely not. I think he's just going to support her.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's our buddy. You know, we made friends instantly and we still are.
Speaker 1: Okay, but still I want the Gucci loafers, belts and sneakers. But it's been it's been a great two weeks. You can't wait for the next one.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I'm excited. And I loved her fashion. You know, how about her coming out of the Limma with the d white with the tool on both sides for prom night, and then she did her Disney blue you know in Disney World.
Speaker 1: That was so she looks she did look like a prince.
Speaker 2: She can wear anything. Hello, she can wear any.
Speaker 1: She can do anything. We hate you, Joan, No, we don't. We love you.
Speaker 2: We love you unbelievably so. But we wish you all the very best and we look forward to next week.
Speaker 1: All right, Susan, it's time for a question of the day. Are you ready? Boy? Are you ready? No?
Speaker 2: Oh wait, it's not the game. Yes, sure, I'm ready for the question.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 2: Okay, The question is what does being a good parent mean to you?
Speaker 1: You know, for me being a good parent, you'd have to say, now, you have to put a time limit on it, because being a good parent for me when my children were young was making sure they were well fed, got enough sleep, kept safe, exposed them to lots of cultural things, books, making sure they were learning things in school, all those things that you do for young children. But I will tell you now, and I have adult children and I have two grandchildren, I think being a good parent to me now means listening to my kids and just being there for them and not solving their problems for them as we do. You know, we have to evolve as parents. We solve all their problems when they're young. When they get older, our job is to listen and just be a support system for them. What about you.
Speaker 2: I agree with everything you say, and I also feel good parenting is loving your kids and like you said, keeping them safe, getting them an education, just healthy, clean teaching, teaching them what they're going to pass on so they could be good parents. What we instill in our kids. Although I was in eat freak always and not all of them are in eat freak, so you know I still do.
Speaker 1: I still do love to remind you of the time you were sweeping up the table while I was still eating. You know, it's funny when you talk about that when I am, I think if I could do it over, like most things, I would be. I have great, three great kids, but I think I would be a better parent now because they.
Speaker 2: Didn't come with instructions. I know.
Speaker 1: Well, it's just that you and I. I know you and I've talked about this. We both have three kids. We have great kids, but we have learned what's important and what isn't. And so all the things that I was so or were important with my kids, they just aren't. I mean, I laugh when I think I'm also a neat freak. I used to make my kids clean up their rooms. And I walked in Kyle's room one time, and uh, I told them all to clean the room, and Kyle came out. I was said, you know, uh, be a smart be smart Kyle. He would come out after five minutes and tell me the room was clean, and I would go in him it was, well, it was clean, Susan, it was spotless until you looked under the bed and open the closet doors. It just all came floating. So then I would, you know, throw everything out in the hallway and make them start over. So, you know, do I care? Would I care now so much? Nah, I wouldn't care.
Speaker 2: I know, I hope I was a good parent. I think I was. I know we all love each other.
Speaker 1: Would you well, I love my children, I do agree with Would I do some things different, yes, definitely, But you know what I think of our kids. I never really felt that loved as a child. I know my three kids are totally love and would feel would say that that they.
Speaker 2: Were absolutely absolutely all.
Speaker 1: Right, let's get into these fan questions. You want to take the first one?
Speaker 2: Sure, Okay, this is an anonymous Hello, golden ladies. I've got what I believe is a pretty unique question for you. At the start of this year, I was laid off from a company i'd worked at for over seven years, and have since launched a metaphysical podcast and more recently started my own psychic reading business. It's been a major period of growth and self exploration. Hold on the questions I have stems from a longtime friend who has not been supportive of this journey. For context, we met sophomore year of college through a sorority and have been friends for eleven years. I was a bridesmaid in her wedding as well. We've always had different beliefs, but it's never gotten in the way of our friendship until now. Back in April, a few weeks after my pod launched, we got lunch and she told me she hadn't listened. Her conflicting beliefs have made her afraid of my content. I calmly explained that psychic readings aren't like that, and the first few episodes of our show focused on intuitive experiences we've had, mostly predating our friendships, astrology, and human design. I kept it together as we changed the subject, but my heart completely sank. I knew this friendship was or soon twould be, at a fork in the road where either she accepted me or I had to end our relationship. Needless to say, I cried on the drive home and felt devastated. Fast forward till now. My podcast has continued and I launched my business in June. We haven't spoken at all. Normally, one or the other of us would reach out to meet in person or do a FaceTime to catch up. I've been reevaluating all of my friendships and how I approach dating to set better boundaries where I'm not always the person to reach out. That shift, in tandem with being busy, has resulted in the months absolutely flying by. My question is should I A reach out to her and act normal and just see if she says anything about what I'm up to and go from there, or B reach out and directly bring up my concerns, or see continue doing my own thing and see if she eventually comes to me in her own time. I so appreciate getting your perspectives on this.
Speaker 1: Also.
Speaker 2: I'm from Massachusetts and love hearing Kathy represent much love to you both. I really enjoy your show. Oh thank you, Anonymous. That was a lot of information.
Speaker 1: That was a lot of information, Anonymous. I love that you're from Massachusetts. Yeah. I always love to hear from a fellow Massachuset. I don't even know what the noun is anyway. I don't know a Massachusetts site. I don't know what that is. Anyway. Let me say, Anonymous, you gave me three choices, gave us three choices. Here's what I would say to you. The months are flying by for you, so you're clearly happy in what you're doing, and sometimes in life, we all make choices. In your case, it's your podcast and your business, and you seem completely involved and thoroughly happy with your decision. So I would say to you, you can wait, or you can reach out to your friend, or you can do nothing. Here's the point. Your friend is entitled to believe and feel the way she does, just as you are. And sometimes, as Susan likes to say, people come into our lives for a reason, and I say, people come into our lives for a reason and a season. So maybe this time is up for you. We're involving this friendship. But just accept that not everyone's going to agree with you, and you sometimes have to go on your own journey in your own road.
Speaker 2: What do you think, Susan, It sounds to me like she has moved on and doing her own thing and she's healthy for it. But you, like, just like in relationships, you have to agree to disagree. Not everybody believes what you believe or shares the likeness for what you're doing. And that's okay. I know it probably stung because she was your friend and you wanted everybody to be happy for you and so on. I get it, but like Kathy said, the three things, at the end, that's only your choice. Me personally, I would probably think about it from time to time, but I would keep moving forward.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at the end of the day, your life is your life and it's your journey, and we both wish you the best in your business and your podcast as fellow podcasters. Congratulations to you and hope only to do.
Speaker 2: A reading for us.
Speaker 1: Okay, so good lucking out? Question all right? Question number two, Casey writes, Hi, Kathy and Susan. I am really enjoying your episodes and advice on the podcast and could really use your perspective. I am twenty three years old and I recently got into a relationship with someone five years older than I. We met on a dating app and I am his first relationship and sexual partner. I have been in relationships previously and had a self proclaimed hoe phase while I was in college. Whoa that I've been with other men, But early on in dating I didn't share just how many partners I have had. Now that we're in a relationship and are hooking up with each other, I'm scared to bring it up. Do I have to tell him the exact number? Or is this something we can gloss over? Thank you so much and I can't wait to hear your.
Speaker 2: Thoughts, Casey, darling. Unless he's putting pressure on you, yeah, keep your mouth shut.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm sorry, Susan. Even if he's putting pressure on her.
Speaker 2: This was her past. Yes, he don't tell, Yeah, you don't. That's going to make him overthink things and think. And he doesn't have to know you had your hoe face either.
Speaker 1: Yeah. See, I'm stuck, Casey on maybe this is my age and I don't know where you'll go with Susan. But I don't like the fact, Casey, that you called it your hoe face. I don't like that that tells me that you tell it. I could be wrong, but I said that you're not respectful of yourself. You don't respect yourself or you didn't back then. And that's a much greater concern to me than whether or not you tell your boyfriend if it was eight, ten or one hundred sexual partners you've had. It's none of his business. A it's only his business if you're having sexual partners with other men besides the guy you're dating.
Speaker 2: And she says, I'm scared to bring it up. So he's obviously not even questioning it, so leave well enough alone. Yeah, And I've been because gloss Over, I've had these conversations with my girlfriends and like you, know how many partners, and I was blown away by some of my friends, like, ah, what, you know what, I didn't judge them for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, well she's judging herself soon like that. So Casey, if you found a great guy, stick with that, meaning, relish, revel in the fact that you found a really great guy. He's five years older, he's got a little more experience. Maybe he's the guy for you, Maybe he isn't. I would say, you got a lot of life left to live before you settle down with one guy. But don't worry about your past.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the.
Speaker 1: Past is what teaches you how to live your future.
Speaker 2: That's right, and we wish you luck, all right. Question number three, Alicia writes, Hi, first of all, I love listening to your podcast. My husband and I are planning a trip to Italy to celebrate our ten year wedding anniversary. We have three children, ages three, five, and seven. It's been two years since my husband and I have had a trip away alone. I know it will be good for our marriage, but I am feeling very anxious and guilty about leaving our kids for eight nights and going that far away. Is going on this trip a bad idea. Please give me any advice. Thank you. Oh my gush, it's so good. You need to do this for the kids as well.
Speaker 1: So, Alicia, I would say to you, Uh, you know my kids. My daughter doesn't like to leave her daughter at all, but she'll leave it with me. I guess I would ask you, Alicia, who are you leaving your kids with? If you're going to living with your mom or a sister, a family member, that's great. I will say to the first trip my husband and I took away. We were living in Texas and we went to Hawaii and some friends kept our We only had one child at the time. I cried pulling away from the curb for about thirty seconds. Uh, it was the best thing we ever did. You'll have a blast. Are you going to miss your kids? Yes, you'll be fine.
Speaker 2: And you'll go buying them things over there, and you'll be thinking, and then you're both going to look at each other as you sleep in and go, oh my god, this is nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're gonna you have a great time. And you know what brings up something that we've talked about before. You have three young kids and they take a ton of time and energy, but you know what needs time and energy. Your marriage and relationships take time and energy, So give yourself the gift of this time to spend with your husband. Go, relax, enjoy yourself. You'll come back being in a better place in your marriage, and if it's good now, it'll be even better when you come back, and you'll also come back a better parent. It's a win win, Alicia.
Speaker 2: To answer your question, No, this trip is not a bad idea at all.
Speaker 1: And have a great time and let us right but send us supposed card. Yeah really, I just got back from Italy. You're going to have great time. All right. Let's move on to question for Hi, Kathy and Susan. I've been really stressed out about this situation and I really think you guys could give me some sound advice. My friend started seeing someone new a few months ago, and I really like them together. She had a tough past with dating, so I'm really glad she's with someone that's really kind and respectful. But I'm starting to worry that she's about to ruin this relationship. Sorry if I'm being too vague trying to stay anonymous. Basically, he'll do things like forget to text her or we'll show up to parties late, all because he has a really stressful job. Even though she's able to talk herself out of assuming the worst like cheating, she still gets really upset because it brings her back to when her exes were cheating, but blame things on work. I want to give her advice, but here's my question, since it's so early on in their relationship, is it worth me telling her to work on it or is this just a circumstantial incompatibility. She definitely still needs to heal, but she's working so hard at it and her emotions just need to catch up. She really likes him, but his job won't stop being demanding anytime soon. He's in finance, so it's honestly, she either learns to deal with it or she deals with these feelings single. What do you think makes more sense? He's patient and understanding, but I know it adds stress to his plate as well when he gets tied up at work and can't immediately communicate with her. Oh boy, that's a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I think if you really love your girlfriend, you pull her aside and tell her exactly what you see that she's doing and she needs to get some help by herself not share it with him, because she could very well ruin this relationship and she's hurting herself because I get not trusting and you got to be careful and all that. You got to take chances in life, and you don't want to be the one to blow it because you had a pass that somebody did wrong to you. That doesn't mean this man's going to do wrong. So I would go see a therapist or talk to your girlfriends or whatever you need to do.
Speaker 1: And well, this is her, Susan, this is her friend.
Speaker 2: That's going to but I want her to tell her thish, gotcha.
Speaker 1: So I think that's really sound advice. I totally agree. I think though that Anonymous, you have to be careful. It's a fine line between inserting your will and your ideas on what you think she should be doing and making suggestions of you know, I was looking at your da da da, and I think, why don't you think about this, think about that. You have to be careful, not to be too judgy, and not too pushy if you will, about what you want to do. But I think your heart is absolutely in the right place, and I agree with Susan, she needs to go on, that's your girlfriend. Yeah, and she does need to learn how to trust. And I agree with Susan, she probably needs some therapy, some professional help to do that, because you know what, a relationship without trust is going absolutely nowherewhere and you're smart a relationship.
Speaker 2: Yes, thanks for writing into us, and we wish your girlfriend lots of lots.
Speaker 1: Let us know. Hopefully she'll get the help she needs.
Speaker 2: Oh no, Kathy, do you see what's noting?
Speaker 1: I'm so excited. Everybody do it. We are going to play Kathy's favorite game and Susan's least favorite game. It's called moral Quandary. We set it up where one of us reads a prompt and then we have to guess what the other one would do. Susan loves to say what she would do, so I'm going to remind her once again. You're going to guess what I would do. So I'm going to start us off and you are going to guess what I I would say or do. Two of your friends are getting married. On the day of the wedding, the groom goes m Ia for hours, but after a lot of talking inventing, his nerves calm down and he returns before the ceremony begins, the bride is clueless the entire time and asks you why you seem so stressed out? Do you ever tell her about this or keep it a secret? What would I do?
Speaker 2: Susan, You wouldn't say anything.
Speaker 1: Ever.
Speaker 2: They're not asking me ever. They're asking me the day of the wedding.
Speaker 1: No, it says, do you ever tell her about this? Or do I keep it a secret? Do you think I might tell her? Or you don't think I ever would?
Speaker 2: No? I don't think she needs to know that.
Speaker 1: You know what I would do probably sit what's the movie where the girl's in love with the same guy and and she runs away to the bus station. I'd probably take my friend and sit down and watch that movie and see what a reaction was. Then I would decide if I was gonna tell her?
Speaker 2: What about me? You don't answer that one yet.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna no I am. I'm going to say I. I don't think you would tell her. I think you would let it lie. Yeah, I think you already said that.
Speaker 2: I don't think good could come out of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean they're already married. That's just going to stress up for the wedding. Yeah, he's there. I mean, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: She's gonna hear it, like, oh my god, he wasn't he was late, and then she's going to ask him. It's just going to start.
Speaker 1: But here's the thing. Would it have changed it, would she not have married him? So you know what I'm saying. They're already married. So uh, you know, like I said, I would take a humorous approach, and humorous approach and all right, all right.
Speaker 2: The next one, you get out of your car after arriving at work, and as you walk to your office, you see someone pull out of a parking spot and hit a parked car, leaving a huge debt. Before speeding off, the driver makes eye contact with you and shrugs. You then notice they're leaving a reserved parking spot with their name on it. You discover it's your boss's boss. There's no cameras, and you have no idea who the damaged car belongs to.
Speaker 1: What do you do? I think you would probably write down the license number and put it on their windshield, but not put your name on it.
Speaker 2: I'd have to tell somebody.
Speaker 1: But the question is you wait, we haven't. Don't guess about me yet? Finish with you? I gave you. I So you're saying you would not let the person know.
Speaker 2: No, I would, but indiscreetly.
Speaker 1: Well, how are you gonna let him know? Indiscreetly?
Speaker 2: I'd tell somebody else that would tell.
Speaker 1: Oh, so you'd pass the buck? What what do you think I would do.
Speaker 2: What you said, take the license plate and leave it.
Speaker 1: On the I want to believe I would do that.
Speaker 2: I would probably even think of that.
Speaker 1: It's but when you know it's your boss's boss. Yeah, I you know. I want to believe that I am ethical and that I would just write the license number down and leave it at that. Yeah, all right, let's do the next one. You meet a really great guy and begin dating. Oh. I like to start of this, don't you. You quickly learned that he is a widower and has two children in their twenties. After almost eight months, you realize his kids have no idea you exist. You talk about it with your boyfriend, and he reveals that his last relationship ended because she wasn't kind to his kids, and his relationship with his kids took a hard hit from it. He says he'll tell them about you quote when he's ready unquote.
Speaker 2: How do you proceed eight months. I would have dealt with that. Oh what would you do?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Susan, I caught myself.
Speaker 2: You didn't even catch it. I did see that.
Speaker 1: Oh no I did. I was waiting for you to do it. You go ahead, What would I do?
Speaker 2: You would have a conversation about it. You would say, it's been eight months. I would think he would meet the children be probably by six months.
Speaker 1: So this actually happened to me with the guy I did and you know who we're talking about, and he was exactly the opposite. He wanted me to meet his kids right away, and I was like, nope, nope. I think in this case, knowing me and the kind of person I am, I would have already if it were if this relationship were going anywhere, I'd have already met his kids before it once. And I think that's exactly what you would do. You would have already met the kids or that's right, definitely.
Speaker 2: Okay. You're hosting a brunch at your house with homemade bloody Mary's. Someone accidentally spilled a ton of the bloody mary mix, so you're very low on the most popular drink at the party. You bring one over to a guest of yours that you didn't realize was vegetarian, and there's bacon on the garnish. After taking a sip, they apologize and ask if they could have a brand new one without the bacon. With little despair, a friend recommends just taking the bacon out and giving it back to them.
Speaker 1: What do you do? What you would do? Yeah? You take them give it right back to him. Am I right? What would I do?
Speaker 2: You don't have to have the bacon? Well, what you would say? I have none left? I'll take the bacon out.
Speaker 1: No, I would say, if there's enough for another drink? I would say, who wants this drink with the bacon? And I got to make one without the bacon right now? That's also no brighter? Like you know all right? You're redecorating your home. When a friend with a very successful handmade furniture business offered to make you a custom coffee table, you only declined due to the price, despite getting a hefty discount, and your friend completely understood. Later that week, you passed by a big competitor of your friend's business and fell in love with the coffee table in the window. Priced a little higher than your friend's offer. You really want to buy it, but you worry your friend will ask about it the next time they are over. What do you do? Susan buys the coffee table and says, stuff it if you don't like it.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say that, but I would buy the one I wanted.
Speaker 1: Of course you would. What would I do? So we do absolutely absolutely, And you know what people need to learn that your friend's business. You wish them well. You hope that they, you know, make a great business and sell lots of furniture. That doesn't mean you have to buy their furniture.
Speaker 2: It doesn't. It doesn't. And I probably like feel odd when they came over, But why because I didn't buy it from them.
Speaker 1: It's a different coffee table. It's a different coffee table. It is it is anyway, that's a new brainer too. They were easy ones today. I passed everybody out there. You hear that, Susan, You are really you are marketing it up here. I am impressed. And that is going to do it. We're going to end it on that happy note, Susan. That ends this episode of Bachelor Happy Hours Golden Hour. Thanks so much for joining us.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, and make sure to submit your questions to us at bachelornation dot com slash Golden Hour. We really love getting to connect with you guys, listening to what's on your mind and giving you some advice, so keep them coming, and if you ever disagree with us, we want to know that as well.
Speaker 1: Right, leave us a review, ask us questions, and also follow up if we've answered one of your questions. We really want to know how your life is going. In the meantime, listen to Bachelor Happy Hours Golden Hour on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you listen to podcasts. Have a great week, See you next time.