Speaker 1: Kutbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old republic, a sole fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: The clearing House of Hot takes break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 3: In the air everywhere, The Fifth Hour with meet Ben Maller and Danny g Radio, and a happy Saturday to you as we are hanging out on this nineteenth day of April, the beginning of the n b A Playoffs. Enough of that nonsense that we had this week. With the play in, it begins the never ending journey. I think the NBA playoffs go on, Danny, by my math, five months of.
Speaker 1: NBA playoff basketball.
Speaker 3: But it all begins later today, and they've got they've packed all the games in today and tomorrow, and then after after Sunday, then after Easter Sunday. It's like to a night but very busy, very the fantastic four both days here. I think there's four games today, four games tomorrow, so they're packing them all in to begin the playoffs.
Speaker 4: You mean you weren't salivating on those Wednesday games?
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I mean most of the Yeah, it was not not a great week.
Speaker 3: But the Clippers begin the road to the championship. But today with the Denver Nuggets. So that's obviously the game that I've circled. You can watch the other game, Danny, let me know how the other games turn out.
Speaker 1: It is also wait, what did what did you call?
Speaker 4: The Clippers run again? Oh, we know.
Speaker 1: Where they're going.
Speaker 3: You know they're gonna chuck the condor is going to lead them to the Promised Land.
Speaker 1: It's going to happen. I'm a fun guy. He's a very fun guy, and the Clipper is the hottest team in basketball. And you told me that you fought back.
Speaker 3: You said, oh, you know there's a momentum exists. Well, okay, momentum exists, then here we gom exist. The Clippers are going to continue on. I was the guy said momentum didn't exist. But you all told me that momentum exists. So if there's momentum, the Clippers are going all the way. They're on their way that it can't be stopped. Now I must mention, Today's a very important day. I know it's the Easter weekend, there's a lot of stuff going on, but today is National Garlic Day.
Speaker 1: And for someone that worships garlic.
Speaker 3: Much like the Egyptians back in the day that you know, there's a phrase you're worth your weight in gold, right because gold was the currency, but really you're worth your weight in garlic. That's where it's at, right. I mean, we've we've done this, We've done the podcast long enough. We do this every year for National Garlic Today, so we know all the fun facts about garlic. We know the history of it, that it was is nature's antibiotic and the garlicy.
Speaker 1: Foods are the most delicious foods.
Speaker 3: And that Greek athletes back in the day gave strength or they got strength from garlic. Vampires hated Dracula and the whole I mean, it's just a wonderful thing. And it goes all the way back to like three thousand BC Babylon times, and just the craziness the history of history of garlic. And there were kings that were.
Speaker 1: Preserved with well preserved garlic clothes.
Speaker 3: Were presented to the tomb of kings as a gift and medicine. In the sixteen hundreds the Middle Ages, they were talking about the medical and the medical people at the time said it was a miracle cure.
Speaker 1: And then go on.
Speaker 3: I could sit here and just do the whole podcast about garlic. If you want, Danny, I could school, I can wax poetic. I could do thirty minutes on what I'd rather have raw garlic or roasted garlic. What about garlic fries? How about garlic butter? Have you head garlic ipasta? How about garlic chicken? Of course garlic bread.
Speaker 1: You can't go wrong. You cannot go wrong.
Speaker 4: Accept our ratings, those would go wrong.
Speaker 1: I dare you.
Speaker 3: I have garlic fun facts. The twenty four percent of Americans think garlic makes everything taste better. The only sad part about that it's not higher. It should be more than twenty four percent. Bad job by them and of Americans. Let me ask you this standy of Americans. What percentage of Americans say garlic bread doesn't bother them?
Speaker 1: What do you think, ooh, does not.
Speaker 4: Bother does not bother them? I'm gonna say thirty five percent.
Speaker 1: I wish it was that high. It's actually only twelve percent.
Speaker 4: Oh what a bunch of losers. Come on, yeah, come on, what to what you do is you have some garlic toast as well, and then when you're kissing, there's no big deal because you both taste like garlic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, embrace the garlic. Embrace the garlic y goodness. That's what I say for sure.
Speaker 1: And there was some other, and there's a bunch of these. We love the dopey holidays.
Speaker 3: We do the dope. We're all about the dope holidays. It's husband Appreciation day to day. So I'm sure we'll be celebrated Danny unless we're not.
Speaker 4: That one somehow is gonna be swept under the rug.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not gonna get a lot of attention. A National hanging Out day to day.
Speaker 3: Now you probably think this is just going out with your pals and hanging out and all that stuff. But no, today, a National Hanging Out Day is a day to celebrate hanging clothes on a clothes line.
Speaker 1: And that's that's the that's the day right there. This is what this is. Stupid holiday, dumb.
Speaker 4: They're all stupid. They are all stupid.
Speaker 1: Well, not the garlic one.
Speaker 3: The garlic one was all right, you know, the gardley that's fine, the garlic one's fine. So on this podcast we have is something missing spring break where the Easter egg hunt and a word all the week, but we begin with this.
Speaker 1: So during the.
Speaker 3: Work during the week doing the radio show and the podcast, I don't do a lot of outside stuff, but every once in a while I would do a rare and appropriate, rare and appropriate appearance. So I was contacted through the multiverse by a producer, a radio producer in New Zealand, and they said, hey, this NBA season came to an end, we would love to have you come on.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I used to do a weekly.
Speaker 3: Paid paid appearance by the way paid appearance and on a radio.
Speaker 1: New Zealand the network went out of business.
Speaker 4: That used to go on what kind of money did they pay you with? Because they have a different currency, right.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: The thing was I got paid in their currency and then they would transfer it, so at some points I got paid more than others. It was never the same, depending on the split between New Zealand and the US currency.
Speaker 1: So it it was.
Speaker 3: I would bill a very nice woman in accounting. I would bill her every so often. They didn't really need me to build them every week. I could build them whenever. So what I tried to do, Danny, I think you know where I'm going with this. I kept an eye on the currency.
Speaker 4: I knew it. I knew it, and.
Speaker 3: I was I was trying to find I was in bold and I was like, all right, I'm gonna I'm gonna nail it. I'm gonna find the time where I'm getting the most for my money. Trot exactly exactly, because it was it was a fair amount of money that was different. If the currency split was obviously in favor of the US, then I was getting a lot less than my rate. And you know, it was never really in favor of New Zealand as I remember it, but it was close. There were some points where it was pretty close. So but anyway, they reached out to me. One of the producers reached out to me and said, hey, you know, the boys want to talk some NBA, and so I said, okay, And then they wanted me to do it at a time that I'm normally very frazzled. I'm still sleeping, but that was like the only time they could do it. So I was like, all right, I'll fore go sleep. From one day, why not? And these people want to talk to me, so whatever. So I was like, I know what i'd do. I'm gonna I'm going to drive to the gym and then I'll park the car in front and I'll just do the thing from the car and then I'll go I'll go to the gym. So I'm in the car driving, and they of course call me like three minutes earlier than they're supposed to call me, right, they call me early. So I'm like, ah, whatever, I answered, and so I'm doing it and they're like hey.
Speaker 1: I was like, hey, do you want me to when I stop somewhere and I'll turn the car off. No, I'll just do it. It doesn't matter. We just we need you right now. So I was like, all right, whatever.
Speaker 3: So I start throwing out my normal stick and throwing in some big.
Speaker 1: Words and all that stuff, and then you know, I'm doing my thing.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm driving still, So I ended up getting to the gym and I there was some traffic that.
Speaker 1: We're doing some construction on the road near the gym.
Speaker 3: So I got to the gym and I was like, well I should park. So then I of course as we as us met and do, Danny, I backed into the space. And as I am telling some tale about I don't know, Nikola Jokic or.
Speaker 4: Somebody, well, you think you're better than me because you're backed into the parking space.
Speaker 1: And that's what a professional iver does, they back in.
Speaker 3: So anyway, I back in, and of course I didn't realize because I was on the phone connected to the car.
Speaker 1: Everyone in New Zealand heard that beep beep, beep beep.
Speaker 3: You know the sound, you know, the thing your car makes whatever, So it was it became quite amusing. But then I realized it is something missing because I did about a fifteen minute segment.
Speaker 1: They get their bank a lot to talk about bang for your buck.
Speaker 3: It's like fifteen minutes of interrogation about the NBA and the playoffs and the regular season. We went through everything, and then I realized that I was getting near the end of it. And then when I finally hung up and I was like, all right, I did the kind of inventory of the segment, and I was like, is something is something missing? And yeah, these guys did fifteen minutes of NBA hot talk and nobody, nobody, neither one of the hosts mentioned Lebron James or Luca.
Speaker 1: They did not ask me a about either.
Speaker 4: One of them.
Speaker 1: Wow. I was like, that's unbelievable. And I was like, that's shocking. They talked about the Celtics.
Speaker 3: They're talking about like every other storyline you could possibly imagine, Golden State and I'm trying to think of it. There's a bunch of stuff, but it wasn't Lebron or Luca was like, oh me, It's like, I can go do New Zealand. I don't have to be infiltrated with lebron propaganda. And uh, did you buy you? By the way, dandy, did you get your Ken doll? Did you get your lebron Ken doll? Did you buy that?
Speaker 1: Huh? You get one?
Speaker 4: Uh? What do you think?
Speaker 1: No, what does that say about the you talk about guys and dolls?
Speaker 3: What does that say about the American zeitgeist?
Speaker 1: They sold out of those things. People were online.
Speaker 3: People were waiting online for hours to get a Lebron Barbie doll.
Speaker 4: Well, look a look at memory, look at especially sports memorabilia in our country. I mean people were waiting in line for what was it eight hours for the show Hey Bobbleheads, and then the Dodgers put out a tweet saying, just kidding, everybody who attends tonight gets one ooops.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I know. Well the Dodgers at this point everything.
Speaker 1: They had a Hello Kiddy night the other night. The Dodger stated, yeah, well it wasn't like a tiny but people were aligning those squishes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, those Hello Kitty squish balls.
Speaker 1: I don't get the squishball thing. Lorena loves the squishball thing. I don't.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I walked in for the Dan Patrick Show a few mornings ago. Lorena had like thirty of those squishball things all around her. I have a people in my box right now. Bro.
Speaker 1: Hello. Hey. By the way, she paid for none of those.
Speaker 3: I want the record to show she paid for none of those squishballs, Danny, not a.
Speaker 1: Single one of them.
Speaker 3: They just magically dropped out of thin air, out of the heavens.
Speaker 1: They dropped in.
Speaker 4: Just give me a pile of meat. Yeah, well, she had a pile of squishballs, exactly.
Speaker 3: What is your favorite NBA playoff cliche? Danny's just the playoffs are beginning today. Do you have a favorite clichet from the NBA playoff?
Speaker 4: It's all about matchups come playoff time, it's all about matchups.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, that's that's good.
Speaker 3: I also like the it'll be a gentleman's sweep. We get that a lot in the NBA. In the first round of the NBA plays a lot of gentlemen sweep, which is four out of five.
Speaker 1: That's a gentleman's sweep. That's always That's always a fun one.
Speaker 4: Oh here's one. You hear a lot in the playoffs. Draymond just kicked somebody in the balls, kicked somebody that he.
Speaker 1: Went the nutcracker. He went the nutcracker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, all right, So moving on from that no lebron talk.
Speaker 1: No, I did not get a lebron Kendall.
Speaker 3: And if everyone buys them, I'm sure is it Mattel that makes the Barbie stuff?
Speaker 1: I think it's.
Speaker 3: Mattel, Like, we have no idea how many they made. It's not really a collectible if they made ten million of them, right, It's only a collectible if there's a fine.
Speaker 1: Nine amount of them.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like when I was collecting baseball cards is a kid, and then everyone started collecting them and then we realized I think I read a story about this, right.
Speaker 1: I mean It was a documentary that I watched Upper Deck.
Speaker 3: They realized how valuable these these certain like Ken Griffy Junior number one car. So people were just printing endless amounts of them up because they were making money hands over you know, handover fist.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was about the Ken Griffy Junior card. They mass produced it so suddenly it lost all of its value.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So if they want to, if people are buying these Lebron barbies or Ken dolls or whatever, they just keep making them.
Speaker 1: People buy them and then make a fortune. And that's that man.
Speaker 4: We call it by its name, it's la Ken.
Speaker 3: Ken Yes lackn. Then they can all go on spring break. And where would they go on spring break? Where would you Where do you think the people that buy the mattel that sell the dolls, where do you think they'd go.
Speaker 1: On spring break? Where do you think they go?
Speaker 4: Well, after wasting their money on a dumb doll, they probably don't have a lot of budget left over for groceries. So my guess is they are shopping at Costco in bulk.
Speaker 3: In bulk wo kids go w with Costco, the Costco brand, the.
Speaker 1: Way to go.
Speaker 4: You know, I have not come around to the clothes like you have. But what I do like now is going around lunchtime. That way you can sample. And I'm gonna ask you about that in a minute, because I'm not a veteran of Costco the way you are. Usually the wife goes and makes the Costco runs and I'm back at home trying to hold down the wild Indian aka CoA racist. But because of the schedule change in how Covino and Rich and myself were on Monday Tuesday Wednesday for the Great Dan Patrick, I found myself with the middle of the day open as I was driving home. So my wife, as a lot of us who are married, you'll get a list right at the end of your workday. We need this this, and we're out of this, and either you have enough energy to go tackle that your way home or you do it the next day. So this is a Monday, about twelve noon at our Costco and I pull in there is there's no parking ever at this damn place. It looked like I mean, I don't know, I've been there on the weekend before and I thought it was Saturday.
Speaker 1: Well, my move.
Speaker 3: When I go I actually do end up going on the weekend a lot now because my schedule. But what I do is I just plan on getting some steps in. So I park about as far away like I'm in another county.
Speaker 1: Like I'm literally in another county.
Speaker 3: And I know, going if I go on a to a Costco on a Friday or not not not Friday is not too bad. But on on Saturday or Sunday, like you know, you're parking in the next city. And so I bring my walking shoes and I'm like, yeah, it's a it's a nightmare. It's a I don't I don't even bother why I even bother, because you end up driving in circles.
Speaker 1: There's a million people around. It's a big pain in the ass. But that's my move.
Speaker 3: But that's prime sample time, so you kind of have to go where the crowd is because that's when they have the sample.
Speaker 4: People out see And I thought, you know, in my mind, I'm like, it's a random Monday in April. It's not gonna be overcrowded. Dead wrong. So I get inside after finally finding a parking space way far out there, I make the walk. I get inside and it is packed in there. Not just packed with shoppers, but there were lots of snot nosed kids running around. And then it occurred to me, oh shit, for at least for southern California, it is spring break for the elementary schools right now. So I think the move was the moms were like, shut up and get your clothes on and get in the car. We're gonna go get our groceries at Costco and if you're good, then I'll get you a slice of pizza exactly. Yeah. So I'm in there, Ben, and you know, I'm grabbing the things off the list, and it's taken me a lot longer than it does my better half, because she's a Costco pro like you, she knows where everything is located. I have a general idea of where the items are in cast but I'm like, you know, damn it where I think I had to get like chicken breast nuggets, and like, I had an idea of where it was, but there was nowhere to push my cart in that damn lane. There were so many old people and people with kids in there, I wanted to leave. The only good part was because I was there at lunchtime, I saw the Costco employees getting ready with their sample stations.
Speaker 1: Oh you spot.
Speaker 3: That's like going to Disneyland and sitting in the mascots behind the state, you know, behind them.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, it's like when you see them getting ready to start a parade at Disneyland. Yeah they go, yes, And you know how the people attending Disneyland that day, they start sitting on the curbs and swarming the area where the parade the parade route. Well, that's what this was like. Because I wasn't the only one who spotted one to oh there's a third sample station. There's a fourth, not two, not three, counted four in my general area. And they had like the little toaster oven things where they were getting the little samples heated up and ready to go in the little cups. There were people like vultures. They were hanging around trying to mooch and get their moocha on first and fast. I have never fought that many carts and that many people for a little cup of what turned out to be like two cheese chips. What a flip and ripoff? Now, if you're gonna give me a sample? And I waited around for it, and I fought through three carts and two rude people, and I was getting dirty looks by people who had parked their first waiting for the samples and nothing was being handed out. Yet I finally get one of the cups. I was like third or fourth in line, and it literally was two little cheese chips in a cup. Now, But I get to the fourth station and they were handing out crackers with like chicken spread on there, like you know when you do the chicken in the mayonnaise.
Speaker 1: With the Yeah, she had chicken or something like that. Yet I got you here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I want my chicken on these multi grain crackers, and they sold me. It's the first time ever where I bought something because I had it as a sample at Costco Little Taste, they suckered me in. I bought the ten dollars box of crackers. I get in line, and you know, like I said, I'm not a pro like you are at Costco. So when the lady asked for my Costco card, I showed her the wrong side. I guess any way, they don't want yeah, because they're trying to scan the code on your card. So the checker gives me a dirty look. Sorry, I turned the card around and she had attitude from the start before I walk over to get my slice of pizza, like the little snunt nosed kids. I'm like, I deserve this after what I just went through. They didn't even ask me, now do you I wanted to ask you this. Do you have to ask for a box or boxes?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: I usually do self checkout, so they usually have them around self checkout. You can uh. Sometimes I'll say do you want a box? Usually if you depends on how much stuff you have, they'll be, hey, do you need a box or something like that?
Speaker 4: Right, they don't ask you. Well, no, and I had I had quite a lot of produce and I wanted to shove this stuff in a box.
Speaker 1: Box is solid, but yeah place its way to go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly. And the checker was super irritated because I'm pushing the cart. I start walking away, but I realized she didn't even ask me if I need a box or two? So I go back and she's like m and she put her hand out like you wait now, because she was starting to ring up the next person. Damn man, the people here are the customers are rude. Now the employee is rude. She's like, look, yeah, you could take just take it, she said, just take it yourself.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just having a bad day. I guess usually Costco people are pretty happy.
Speaker 1: I'm not. They're not as happy as Trader Joe's people, but they're usually pretty happy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Costco, she said, just take it yourself. So I threw this crap in a box. I go to the food court, and you know, by nature, I'm a usual Usually I'm a happy person. I don't complain about much. I'm pretty easy to take care of. I'm like a plant. You water me, and I'm happy. I'm smiling. I don't I don't require a lot of attention. But I got to complain for a second about what they're doing to the food court there at Costco.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They changed that a couple of years ago at Costco. Yeah, the kiosk thing, and they I guess they you can still actually pay with cash. They usually have one cash register. But nobody knows that they have like one cash register. But it is an odd process because then you have certain people that that don't older people that don't understand the concept of hey, you gotta go wait in line, or they just line up.
Speaker 4: For the food. I'm so happy you said that, because we had two older people cut the line and go right to the window. So we're all standing there wasting our time now right with a dumb number. And why are you giving me a number if I'm not even going to get my food until I get up to the front of the window. It just doesn't make any sense to me. So this kid hands me my pepsi cup and my little slice of my big slice of pizza. I guess and it was bland, no sauce on the pie, mostly dough.
Speaker 1: Uh oh.
Speaker 4: I feel like the next time I go there, I am not going to partake in the Costco pizza any longer.
Speaker 1: It's blasphemy. It's too bad that you didn't enjoy it.
Speaker 3: And I did learn from this podcast Danny that the kiosk thing. One of the reasons Costco likely went to the kiosk is what McDonald's They also went to a kiosk format at a lot of McDonald's. You order on the kiosk, they determine. We talked about this in a previous episode of the Fifth Hour podcast, that human beings are prone to order more food at a kiosk than they are when a human being is asking what they want because you feel no shame. If somebody says, hey, what do you want, you feel like a pig a hawser, as my grandfather would say, if you order too much food. But at a kiosk, no one's looking. And they don't do it as much at Costco as they do at McDonald's and the other like fast food restaurants.
Speaker 1: They'll like upsell you.
Speaker 3: They're like, hey, you got some fries, would you like to also get an apple pie with that? You know, they'll add other things on and they'll flash them and just click yes.
Speaker 1: And no one's seen us.
Speaker 3: You're going to order more food and all that, but the Costco flow away.
Speaker 1: I can go away.
Speaker 4: Apparently.
Speaker 3: Now it is Easter weekend and this being the Saturday before Easter egg hunt, kind of an Easter egg hunt and kind of not. And I bring this up because it is a tradition unlike any other. This time we take a look at Easter candy and we have a map. They do the research based on interweb research trends and whatnot. And I asked Danny, the most pop you know this is per state in the United States. Here they analyze the trends via Google search data or data, and this goes from a March fourteenth through this past Monday, April fourteenth, and they used again Google research to determine the favorite holiday treat, favorite Easter candy by state by state? Danny, should we just pick a random state? Here?
Speaker 1: You can you can guess, guess the candy. What do you want to what do you want to do? How do you I ain't gonna play this.
Speaker 4: Okay, we'll take a random state.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you think?
Speaker 3: How about we do the state of Minnesota. The state of Minneso, Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 3: What do you think the most popular Eastern candy in Minnesota is easter.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say peeps.
Speaker 1: That is correct, Yeah, Danny, you one.
Speaker 3: In fact, if you answer peeps to pretty much any state, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't get it, Dandy. I've never I had peeps a couple times when I was a kid, and I said, these are disgusting. I don't but people barely love them. Or is it people love.
Speaker 3: Them or they just simply think it's Easter and this is an Easter candy, and so I have to get these and and.
Speaker 4: I think some of it, yeah, it's mostly sugar. I think some of it is the sugar high and also a lot of it is nostalgia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because Peeps is the number one, number one candy Easter candy in pretty much every state the outside of there's a pocket in the Northeast, like in Maine, main they like peanut peanut butter eggs, they like those. Hamshire also likes peanut butter eggs, and then gum in the state of Vermont, and I think Rhode Island. But every other state outside of the the in the Northeast, every other state in the South, all peeps.
Speaker 1: Number one one. That Kittles is at the very top in Alaska.
Speaker 3: And then you've got this weird region where like yet Idaho, Montana, Colorado, Utah, where it's all a bunch of different different candies that they like, but it's it's almost all Peeps. There's a few gummies, lollipops, jelly beans also popular, m and ms, and chocolate eggs, but Peeps is the runaway winner.
Speaker 4: Now, when you were little, Benny, well maybe you were never little back then, but when you were young, Benny, I could imagine you trying to hustle as many eggs as you could find because there were jelly beans inside.
Speaker 1: I was a Cadbury egg. Guy, I love the Cadbury egg. One year, a listener sent, but could you eat more than one of those? Though? Back in my day?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh, they're so rich.
Speaker 1: I loved it.
Speaker 3: I had no sensitivity to the richness. I could not get enough of that.
Speaker 4: How many of those could you take out in one sitting?
Speaker 1: Oh? I mean they used to come in like five packs.
Speaker 3: I could do a five pack. I could do it, and I think they're going three packs now. But our listener sent me years ago, I think you were with me and they got the big bag.
Speaker 4: Of just yeah, yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: It was so good.
Speaker 4: But I only saw you take a bite when the listener sent it, So I don't even know if you could finish two of those now.
Speaker 3: Well now, yeah, I'm boring and I fast all the time and all, but every once in a while on the weekends, I let my hair down go crazy.
Speaker 1: The word all the week. Turn out for the word all the.
Speaker 4: Week of the week.
Speaker 1: Word of the week is tariff. Why not?
Speaker 3: It's been in the news a lot recently, tariff. So I thought, where did this word come from? This seems an oddward well originally is an Arabic word but in English it was picked up from Italian tail end of the sixteenth century, and it's not used the same way today that it was then, as words changed in the sixteenth century. In that lexicon it meant an arithmetic an arithmetetic table. Easy for me to say, basically, it was a way to do math in yeah, And over the years there were similar words to it in different languages, in Spanish and Portuguese and Dutch and French and Turkish and all these. The root of it though, is from the Middle East, and it originally meant a notification.
Speaker 1: Tariff met a notification or.
Speaker 3: An announcement, or an explanation or the act of making someone or someone aware or known. So it does kind of make sense if you think of what a tariff is today it's attacks. And so you combine the sixteenth century lexicon meaning, which is arithmetic like a math table, and the other. The other way you would approach it with yourself was an announcement. So you're announcing that you are doing some extra math, you're adding some math ons.
Speaker 1: Then congratulations, love it.
Speaker 3: That's your buddy man. You got him on you got him on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 4: He's not just famous for tariffs. He's also now famous on our network for saying.
Speaker 5: Show hay otani otani love how he says his name, It's the.
Speaker 1: Great old Tollan a right. Well, get out on that in the mailbag tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Enjoy the basketball playoffs today and we will catch you next time later, skater bo felation Okay,