Speaker 1: Ruby.
Speaker 2: I just love this dirty men talk.
Speaker 3: Can we keep that in?
Speaker 1: And I'm supposed to be the massacrest because you could lose your day.
Speaker 2: From just beyond the lights of Los Angeles and steamy Palm Springs, California. It's Mick Robert Bill just say and this.
Speaker 1: Is silver lighting with the old days.
Speaker 3: Skeletons, muscles, ligaments, a arctic valve.
Speaker 4: What is this?
Speaker 3: We're talking about the body, aren't we?
Speaker 4: Yes? But it's not an anatomy lesson.
Speaker 2: Let's keep it above the skin, please.
Speaker 1: I won't promise.
Speaker 4: That that's right. Today, we're talking about our bodies.
Speaker 3: The thing we spend our whole lives adapting.
Speaker 1: To and in relationship with.
Speaker 2: When you're young, you feel like your body's going to stay the same forever.
Speaker 4: But as the years go by, you learn there's a lot to maintain and a whole lot of change.
Speaker 3: So come get naked with us emotionally, of course, as we talk about self confidence, aging.
Speaker 2: Nudity, and how we live and learn in these beautiful bodies. We've been given.
Speaker 4: Silver lining starts.
Speaker 1: Now to kick things off, If you could pick only one, what body part on other people do you love the most?
Speaker 4: The butt?
Speaker 3: I love lips being polically challenged. I'm always a reach a tive of somebody who has a good head of hair, and especially nowadays with a new fashioned tread where guys have curly hair kind of tangled and piled on top of their head, I find myself being very drawn to that.
Speaker 4: Well, if the person is facing me and I look at their front side first, it would be the eyes. But if they're walking away from me, it would be the butt. I agree with Bill on the butt. That's my second choice.
Speaker 2: Forget the eyes. You don't mind if they don't have them.
Speaker 1: As an anecdote, a very good friend of mine told me that he didn't care if I was a paraplegic as long as I had very big pecks. He had a peck fetish.
Speaker 3: I can see that too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, for me, I'm more interested in the abs, but also as they're connected to the serratus and then the obliques, because he creates a really tight, tight, tight, kind of V shaped at the end, and then you can have as big a butt as you want.
Speaker 3: Oh. I think the external oblique is one of the sexiest muscles in the body.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's also one of the most ticklish double trouble.
Speaker 4: And also if they were facing me, the bulge would be one.
Speaker 5: Of the things I like too. You mean the cock, the junk, Yeah, yeah, the cock or the balls. It's called a penis, but there's more than just a penis in ball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are nuts. Yeah, yeah, your testicles. Well we are talking anatomy, aren't we, and let's let's get into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's a rather important.
Speaker 1: Some people find it sexy.
Speaker 3: Tess say, you're unusually silent over there.
Speaker 2: I just love listening to y'all dirty men talk. This isn't dirty men talk. This is just anatomy. The dirty stuff comes later. Oh you're getting warmed up now, huh anatomy one oh one.
Speaker 1: You know, I could also say that, you know, one of my favorite parts of a human body is their fists.
Speaker 2: You stop that, young lady.
Speaker 1: But before it gets up there, you got to have a good look at it. You know. You don't want some gnarly thing up your butt.
Speaker 2: You know, yes, they're shrimmed nails moving right and old. What part of your own body do you love the most? And why?
Speaker 4: I would have to say for me and my eyes, I agree too. My grandmother at a very early age, when I was sort of in my silent period, you know, when you did, you're six or seven years old. She looked at me and she said, Bill, when you talk to someone, talk to them with your eyes. And it made me believe, Yeah, it is important.
Speaker 3: I've always felt that my eyes were one of my best parts, even when I was young, and really didn't feel like I was a very attractive person when I was young, But I did like my eyes even then, and they just that's the one part of me that hasn't changed much over the years.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll pick something. My smile. I look for that in me and I look for that in others also.
Speaker 3: I agree. I think a great smile is very important to me. Next question, are you comfortable with your naked body? And do you feel more comfortable in your body now than when you were younger? For me an emphatic no. I was much more involved with trying to exercise and maintain my body when I was younger, particularly the years living in San Francisco when that was a very body conscious culture during the nineteen eighties, and I was going to the gym three or four days a week and doing aerobics two to three days of the week, and at that time I had a pretty decent body, but I tend to let it go, and that is now nagging at me because I realized how important maintaining the body is to the health of the body and to living longer.
Speaker 1: A momb Yes, do you think at the time in San Francisco there was a lot of peer pressure to have a fantastic body that you noticed that the guys who were always having the most fun together were the guys with the best bodies.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, it was peer pressure, but I didn't mind it at all. You know, it's so easy to step into that when you're in that culture.
Speaker 1: Was there a time, though, that when you were up there that you discovered that there was no point in doing that. If you were going to work out and train, you were going to do it for yourself and not for others.
Speaker 3: I have to say back then it was about pleasing others and being attractive to others, because you know, there was so many people that you were trying to be attractive.
Speaker 1: Too long ago I stopped working out for other people. In fact, I don't think I ever did. I am body conscious, and what I mean by that is a lot of bodybuilders go through this. They're so critical about the way they look. Now, I was checking themselves in the mirror and looking for every flaw that's available, and that can get to you. The thing is is you've got to understand. You know, you're training, and you're buffed, and you're doing juice and stuff like that. You're part of the one percenters and you know you're there for a period of time and then you move on just simply because our bodies do age, and that is kind of what we're talking about.
Speaker 3: Do you get self conscious or insecure about parts of your body?
Speaker 1: Well, No, I'm not self conscious. All I do is I look from an esthetic point of view, and I do enjoy working out, so as long as I can physically do it, I will, and I'm always looking to improve my technique and all of that sort of stuff. And also the fact that you know, as your body age is your body just simply can't lift as much. But no, I've always I felt pretty comfortable with my body when I'm not being critical of it.
Speaker 3: How about too, Bill, Do you get self conscious about parts of your body?
Speaker 4: Yes, I do, just my body as a whole. I know I'm skinny and I should weigh a lot more than I do, so I am self conscious about being so slim, and I don't have a huge appetite, so it's not like just chowing down on food and that kind of stuff. I have a good diet, but it just seems like I can't gain any weight.
Speaker 3: To say, how about too.
Speaker 2: My body's moved. I appreciate the movement of it. I don't look in the mirror and say you a fine thing, but I keep moving. I keep moving. It's so funny. The other day when we were together and Mick brought up this one little simple move and I've been doing it ever since, just standing up without using your hands. I'd never thought of it, and it makes a difference because now I feel my thigh muscles and my butt muscles when I stand up. So just keep moving and don't be hard on yourself, because if it's not going to change, it's just not going to change. You got to love yourself where you are, and I need to learn to do that too, love myself where I am.
Speaker 1: I'm following up on that. I'll start with just saying, are you comfortable being naked with others? No other I can, but more than one other person. No, I'm not. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I don't under say you so you're you're comfortable if one on one what I wouldn't go to a naked party. I'm not comfortable in those. But in my home and in my backyard I am new. If somebody looks over a wall.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't mind.
Speaker 2: This is your thing, yes, but I am. I guess I'm not comfortable in my skin, but I deal with it and it's okay. I'm happy with just being me. Everybody doesn't have to be comfortable. I've done things with the Oldkays that I've never done that I wasn't comfortable with. But it stretches you. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and you move on. Yeah, Bob, Yeah you have to look to that.
Speaker 3: Well. Yeah, I am comfortable being naked and being naked with others.
Speaker 1: I should say so.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: Our house is cling optional?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's always been. And sometimes I do work naked and I feel closer to my work when I do for some odd reason. And I back in the nineties, I went through a period where I did some posing naked for photo shoots for various websites that catered to the older and younger generation getting together.
Speaker 1: Well for my two cents, Yes, I'm comfortable being naked with others. I started posing naked probably about nineteen ninety one, nineteen ninety one. Prior to that, you know, I was an actor, so yes, it was offered, and I know I didn't do it because I was an actor and I wanted to be considered legit. Now, if I had to do it over again, yes, I would pose for Roy Dean. I don't think that would have been a problem in my life would have been different, and I'm pleased. I look at the pictures and I think, geek. You know, I looked like that once, but you know, when you're at my age now, it was done and I don't think I'll be doing it again, and that's fine with me, and I hope people enjoy it. Just don't stain the photo.
Speaker 4: Actually, we've all posed naked for a photo shoot. We were doing a scene from Little nas X and it was a prison scene in a shower and they gave us these skimpy, little beige colored cloths to wear over it. But it was it was great if you shaved down there, but if you didn't, they kept falling off, and finally we just all threw ours away and we did the scene and then they did the little blotchy thing for our genitals in it, but we were all the fifteen people were watching us totally nude.
Speaker 1: There was a little circle around our genitals.
Speaker 2: I remember that it was a cold day, cold day.
Speaker 4: If I could tell my younger self one thing about my body that I wish I knew sooner, it would be there's nothing more underrated than a good night's sleep.
Speaker 2: If I could tell my younger self one thing about my body that I wish I knew sooner, it would be love you love yourself. It's okay to put yourself first.
Speaker 3: If I could tell my young your self one thing about my body that I wish I knew sooner, it would be bloss daily. Why because you could lose your.
Speaker 2: Teeth, all of them with the dead.
Speaker 3: And it was because I didn't lost daily. How have you cared for your body and health over the years, Bill Well, When I lived in southern California, I went to quite a few different gyms, victannies and this kind of stuff, and I just found that gyms were really not for me.
Speaker 4: But when I moved to Palm Springs. I met a yoga instructor and I started doing yoga and it was the greatest exercise that I've ever done. Was sort of like dancing and working out at the same time, and I really really enjoyed it. And I've studied with him for eight years, which also led he had a meditation group too. And when I got through with my yoga and I went back to my apartment, people said, oh, you look so happy, And I really was, because yoga not only gave me a sense of exercise, but mentally, that's all I was thinking about, was doing yoga, and everything else wasn't even there. It was just yoga that I concentrated on and I absolutely loved it. And I still do yoga once a week.
Speaker 3: Me. I know, you don't exercise at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've cared for my body over the years. I've been very much aware of my health and tried to take good care of it. One thing I will say is that you know, usually when a new problem comes up, the old problem goes away. So the things that I had dealt with when I was younger in terms of my health, like my lower back, which I think had a lot to do with lifting. You know, now just something else went wrong and so you know that problem goes away. So I think caring for your body changes over the years, and the deficiencies that you found previously no longer really apply. You have new deficiencies to deal with. How about brain exercises.
Speaker 4: I do crossword puzzles for my brain, and I also enjoy doing Solitaire on the computer because it really keeps me, you know, moving and thinking about this and that. So yeah, I do brain exercises also.
Speaker 3: Yeah, say why do you say it like that? What's your physical exercise?
Speaker 2: I walk twice daily. Now that I'm starting to be able to walk, I still walk slowly, but I'm moving. And that's the main thing with anything is you need to keep your body moving. As for memorizing the dances, they're great. As for memorizing the lines, my brain sucks at it. It shuts it off. And that's what I'm doing. And because I'm constantly singing, because I'm having to memorize six million songs.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, I bet singing is a good brain exercise.
Speaker 2: What's something you tried once for your health that absolutely didn't work?
Speaker 3: I recall years ago I saw so many people jogging for exercise, and I thought, well, I'll try that night jog for a couple of days, and I said, this is not for me. So that's something I tried and rejected. But what happened I just didn't like it. That was hard work.
Speaker 1: You didn't develop like shin splints or anything like that.
Speaker 3: No, physically, it was just I did not I did enjoy it, So I I know something. Some people really get into it. They do, and particularly with headphones and listening to music as they're jogging. I tell you, at this point in my life, there's one kind of a mantra that I'm developing to try to urge me into exercise. But I know without a doubt that if I exercise more, it would probably add a few years to my life, and when you're my age, adding a few years to your life is a big thing. So I'm struggling with this right now.
Speaker 1: Well. You know, I've been working out since I was fifteen, and I have to say, the best workouts that I've ever had is when I've been absolutely completely covered in sweat. It feels so good because your body purges and afterwards you've had a good meal, and sit back and relax and you feel real good. What I miss about that those days in which I didn't have any health problems is working out really strong during the day and then having a good eight hours of sleep.
Speaker 2: And now a word for mick.
Speaker 1: One thing to understand about exercise training, and it becomes even more important as one ages is get plenty of sleep. And then I'm talking about rim sleep. For me right now, I put on these recordings different frequencies and things like that to help you fall asleep, and they do really work. They help control the mind because it has a lot to do with the tones and the notes and the vibrations that are being caused, and as a result, you just fall into a really good deep sleep. So there are aids out there if you are having trouble falling asleep, you can use them as a crutch. The other thing I would say is also make sure that you take magnesium at night, because that'll help you in terms of keep you from cramp, but it'll also help soothe the stomach and also again it flows through the body. And the other thing I discovered now is ashwaganda, which is from South Asian medicine, and this if taken properly, will reduce the level of cortisol in your system.
Speaker 3: I think that is probably one of the most important things for human beings to do, is get a good night's rest. And fortunately I've found my ways, and I usually go to bed between eight and nine in the evening almost every evening, and I do get a really good seven to eight hours of sleep a day, and I usually wake naturally when the sun roses, and I feel great the next day. But if that doesn't happen, forget the next day. It's a ride off. And now it's time for my current addiction. Today, my current addiction is ensured.
Speaker 4: It absolutely helps me make it through the day. I know I'm getting at least thirty grams of protein and all the other trace minerals and everything, and it just makes me feel good that I'm putting all of this good stuff in my body.
Speaker 3: And Bill's trying to add pounds onto that skinny frame.
Speaker 1: Of his and it's never gonna happen.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think that this.
Speaker 2: People will just live. You're cute, your bounty, enjoy it.
Speaker 3: My current edition is Aliens. I'm fascinated by the idea that we not only have made contact with aliens, but they're living among us. And lately there's this mystery going on about high ranking people who are involved in scientific studies are disappearing. I know, I saw that are being murdered, are killed in different ways, and there's something going on.
Speaker 1: All involved with like plasma physics.
Speaker 3: Yes, confusion, yes, both private sector and government.
Speaker 1: So you cank it's something out of the X files.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know. I think that something something's going on.
Speaker 4: When it comes to aging, what changes have surprised you the most?
Speaker 2: You go first, Bill, Okay, I will.
Speaker 4: Be happy to I mean, twenty years ago, I was five ten and a half, and twenty years later, i'm eight and a half inches.
Speaker 1: Very good, Bill, Thank you, Thank you. Bill.
Speaker 2: How's that for topic?
Speaker 1: Folks want to move on? He went from ten and a half down to eight. Congratulations. I'll keep that.
Speaker 4: Can we keep that in?
Speaker 2: I'll try it again.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: You know, I've always heard as a kid that as you grow older, you grow shorter. But I've owned from five feet ten inches to eight feet five inches.
Speaker 1: Wow, Bill, three feet.
Speaker 2: You said you you said you went from five ten to eight five ten to eight feet. That's not going God and you kind.
Speaker 4: Of love someone else?
Speaker 3: Do it? No?
Speaker 4: No, okay, okay, listen, it's fine. I heard when I was young that as you grow older you get shorter. But I went from five feet ten inches to five foot eight inches and I was amazed that I dropped two inches. Well, I've gone from six to to five eleven and a half.
Speaker 1: What changes have surprised you the most? Yeah, I'm going to have to think about that.
Speaker 2: I have something. The one thing my hair. I was not ready to lose my hair, and it was totally traumatic, and people who'd never had a hair problem kept saying the wrong things to me, and I would get so upset because you can't talk about sucking that you've never experienced if you don't know what it's like to go through it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with you on that.
Speaker 2: It was a humbling experience. But now I wouldn't have hair if you have paid me except when doing drag though, But that's it, lovesh. I get up and shake my head and name nothing else to do.
Speaker 1: Well, I would say, what has surprised me the most are the new medications and supplements it that there are are there, It's a whole industry, and I will have to say it helps, It really does, you know, God bless the world for copper peptide shampoo because that not only removes the DHDT that is preventing your hair from growing, but it also nourishes it so the fall exiles return. When I left the hospital, I didn't have much hair on my head, and now I have too much. So you just have to find out what's going to work for you and what doesn't. And it's a trial and error kind of thing. But look, I wouldn't be here without the medications that I'm taking. I mean, I'm going to be taking really three different kinds of experimental drugs, including the one to treat CIDP, and so I'm just amazed at the processes that are being used for like vaccinations, even controlling your heartburn.
Speaker 3: And ED meds. There's a wonderful rain of medications to assist with ED nowadays. And that's important to me because I think, and argasm a day is important for your health. Just one good for you, Bob.
Speaker 4: I agree.
Speaker 2: I got that first white hair in my pubic area and it freaked me out. I was not ready for that at all. But now you just come them or pluck them or.
Speaker 1: Shoved them on.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, see three different things, folks. You learned here with that plucking note. White hairs are thick?
Speaker 3: Are they get me?
Speaker 2: Pluck one of yours.
Speaker 4: I'd never measured one.
Speaker 1: And I'm supposed to be the massochist and you are.
Speaker 2: So to conclude, what would you say is the silver lining about living in your body as you age?
Speaker 4: I would have to say the advances in medication have been able to make us all live longer.
Speaker 3: Well, I would say you the silver lining about dealing with what we're all dealing with is your alive and you just need to learn how to be a better shepherd of your own life.
Speaker 2: Good point. Just listen to it. Be aware of your body when you start having little pains, deal with them then so that they don't become big issues. You can't lie to your body. You know, and communicate with your doctors. Sometimes they're not seeing something. If you say something, they'll look for it. So just be able to communicate how you're feeling and what you feel is going on with it. It's okay to do that as adults.
Speaker 1: Nick, what would you say is the silver lining about living in your body as you age? I'm not interested in what other people think of my body now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Silver Linings is a production of Iheart's Ruby Studios and The Outspoken Network. We're your hosts Bill Lyons, Robert Breeves.
Speaker 1: Mick Peterson, and Jesse Martin.
Speaker 2: Our executive producer is Sierra Kaiser, Supervising producer Kelly Kyle, Story production Ryan Amador, with post production by Eric Ziler.
Speaker 1: See in two weeks, I gave that up for men. Men are my hobbies.
Speaker 2: I can always catch someone in the audience to think too, and of course they're given back to me too.
Speaker 3: In twenty eighteen, when we became old Days, I never imagined myself doing this