Speaker 1: And that's what you really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 3: Welcome to you, and that's where you were in this podcast.
Speaker 1: You guys, buckle the f up because this is epic. This is the dream season for tour list. And who do we have, Kevin?
Speaker 2: We have the one and only glicon No, all right, I don't.
Speaker 3: I loved it. I loved it.
Speaker 2: Andrew from Gleek of the Week podcast, Wow Wow does he come through? Yeah? He is presenting his tour season four tour setlist and we're gonna workshop it. We're going to talk it out, see what his vision is, and see if we have any suggestions of our own.
Speaker 1: There's not a lot to say, but just buckle up. I can't wait for you guys to hear his set list and all the songs that we try to get in that.
Speaker 2: This is Andrew. Hi, Hi, see you I do. How about yourselves?
Speaker 3: Good things?
Speaker 2: Congratulations are in order for both of you. I feel thanks. I'm thrilled for the both of you.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: I have my tickets.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, I'm so jealous that you get to go. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Well hope, all right, you're going to be great, It's gonna be amazing.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be fun. Such a fun show, all star cast. Great show.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I have not been to d C since like a middle school trip. So it's like, are you planning like other things to do? Are you going to see something? I just going for like one singular night and so if you have any recommendations, let me know. I don't. I really don't know the area that.
Speaker 3: Has good food too.
Speaker 2: It does have some good gay bars, that's all I've ever been good food at bars.
Speaker 3: Great, you love that.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Don't really go for the food. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we have Andrew here and we're going to do the Dream Season four tour set.
Speaker 2: List because we did this last time and we sort of were like, I don't know what this looks like, but we can't do this again without having the King of the Glee music the Brackets. Yeah, like, we have to have you do this, Like we need to know you're the director. You know I'm saying the glacket is taking me out. That's oh my god to be perceived here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, thanks for coming and joining us. Yes, we're happy to let you take the lead on this. I know you had some ideas, but we also have some of our picks and favorite songs as well, So we're happy to let you take the lead and then we can we can kind of banter.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I mean I have this entire thing from start to finish? Are we just are we doing it right now? Tour director? Tour director, do you have a vision of like is there a storyline? Is there a narrative, narrative arc that you're portraying, or like what is is there a theme?
Speaker 3: Tell us?
Speaker 2: Okay, so I mean I did just go see Adela Munich. Wow, I'm like, okay, it's all downhill from here. Yeah. Yeah, but she did have like an entire theme park attached to the stadium eighty thousand people, by the way, which I'm sure would be the same for a Glee Live. Sure. Yeah, so I'm thinking a Glee themed maybe amusement park attached, I don't know, things at the wall.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she had a Ferris spiel was crazy. But you guys never did you have an opener?
Speaker 3: We did?
Speaker 2: Okay, we did. Who was it.
Speaker 1: LXD on our second tour? Okay, you know it was like Christopher Scott who choreographs Rover. So you think you dance, and it has done a ton of things. Harry was a big part of their crew, Shelby the whole dance.
Speaker 3: It's a dance crew. Yeah, that we love fun.
Speaker 2: I think they did both tours, didn't they.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think you're right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 1: Sometimes Jane and Matt would or like special guests who weren't touring with us from the show would come out and do a little stone So in New York Jane and Matt did it, and or in la I can't remember, but yeah, they would have like little special openings sometimes depending on the city.
Speaker 2: So you want an opening act. I'm thinking along that lines of because you know, Vanessa doesn't really have any songs to her name. You know, she goes out there the entire show, she's funding it, she's the MC for the entire evening. She does some sugar stand up. You know, this is why, this is why this is great. You everything else was put on pause this past week. I Sam gave me this assignment. I was like, okay, well nothing and a lot. We're very very thankful that you put so much thought. Oh no, I was when I got that text message, I was like, oh I am I'm there. Yeah, brilliant.
Speaker 3: I love this to start, Okay.
Speaker 2: So she opens it. She does some stand up. I don't know, it's improv whatever she wants to do. It's thing, do your thing, and and I feel like this is like such a boring and obvious choice. But like it starts with it's time. It's time to begin, isn't it. Blaine comes out there with the rest of the new directions, goes into some nights, and then y'all start singing I know, okay, immediately you're gonna be like, no Gangdam style. Hear me out. I'm a fan. I on ironically stream Jenna, you ate it up.
Speaker 1: I can't talk about it, Okay, Okay, it's okay, it's okay.
Speaker 2: We can have different opinions.
Speaker 3: Remember, yeah, exactly, okay, okay.
Speaker 2: But then you stop in like in the middle of the song Gandham style, and then you're like, no, I am true a true Tina form. She was. She's like, hey, like my one song was cut from the movie last time around, Like, I this is gonna be my one song. It's time for some Tina co and Chang respect go into hung up. Yes, yeah, can we do this tour? I have chills and so then everyone's like, wow that what what a diva moment. What a moment? Go into Diva Uh. Then Miss Diva Rachel Barry herself comes out on the other stage. You had those two stages, and she and Marley sing apart from each other. New York state of Mind. Then comes this Nada uh set where Kate Hudson is just there. Yeah, yeah, she's she's along for the ride, and she's like okay, like we're in dance class, shwimmer or whatever, all that jazz. Yeah, great, quinnin Santana come out. It's time for love Song. I know, Devin, you newly found this this one. I'm so glad that you love this one than ever I guess. Oh yeah, no, Lord, we've been new but yeah, yeah, no, I'm We're glad. I have no excuses. I have no excuses. It's all good. Thank you for welcoming me in. I've seen the light arms the love Song community will have you. And then time for another trio. Three on the stools. It's great, and then another Brittany number Boy's boyfriend with you and Darren and then they're like, okay, Brittany, maybe like Brittany do you want to do some Brittany And Brittany's like, oh, I'm not really feeling Brittany right now. I'm feeling a little bit down. She sings the cut song dancing on my own. We see the pledge performance, finally having light of day, dancing on my own, and then Santana shows back up and she's Nutbush City Limits with Brittany. It's great. That needs to be like a moment, and especially Brittany's in it. I think make that like a full make it happen super.
Speaker 3: Deepro on high like it.
Speaker 1: It was like one of those numbers in the tour that like stopped the show for second.
Speaker 2: Oh it's so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: I seek your approval. And then Bitch's back dress you up next. One of those songs that how do you feel about this one? I like what you're doing with some of these like theatrical moments, and I feel like in vain of acting, there are things happening. I don't hate it, okay, because I thought that there was like a little bit tepid response when you talked about it in an episode and I was like, hmmm, but I think live is a different thing sure, Alex fighting vocals. Yeah, yeah, like I don't just give Alex anything and it works like no, absolutely, send that bitch out on stage, just go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my temperature is cool about this number. I think they're both the performance wise.
Speaker 3: I don't think that.
Speaker 1: It's one of my favorite songs in general. So it was just I was like, okay, I can I can do with this or without this, but I see what you're doing here.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I see what you're doing. I see the picture you're painting, and I'm into it. Yes, all right. I just that was the follow up that I needed.
Speaker 3: Got it fair enough, getting your questions answered?
Speaker 2: Yeah, getting married today is next? With Jaima running through the aisles of the stadium, the exact same thought. Okay, almost like a changeover type thing where something is I don't know what's coming next, but I feel like it's a good sort of distraction to something that's being built on the stage or a big number of people are doing quick changes, right, And it could even be someone dressed up as jama because it could just be like this frantic sort of like gag of someone running through and doing that number. Yeah, with Amber on stage doing those crazy notes. This absolutely I think she can. She just be like somewhere in the arena like and then like hits her and she's just like in some random section hitting these crazy Oh yeah, absolutely, this is why we workshop. So after getting married today, we're kind of like, we're okay, I guess she's not getting married today. We're a little bit down about it. So this is like the sad set, starting off with Chasing Pavements with Marley on lead with the new directions, and then comes this this breakup set of songs starting yeah Don't Speak with Finchal and Klane on stage, and then Britanna and Wemma come out of the stage for the scientists. They just go up like a Destiny's child and yeah you see. Yeah. So then so entist is over. Blaine walks over to the piano on stage obviously does Teenage Dreams stripped down version, and then to bring us back up with our spirits, we hear the opening of super Pace and outcomes Jane Lynch dressed as Nicki Minaj and her and Blaine do Space. There we go amazing, thank you wow, And then this was a big swing. I'm not sure okay, so Spice Girls. You only did one Spice Girls song and it was the easiest choice too. It's like, okay, we needed we needed more. So there's like a Spice Girls medley of like starting with want to Be going to say You'll be there and Spicy Life to Become One, whatever you want to throw in there, but we just needed more of that one. Also like revealing new Glee versions show come to the show to get exclusive Yeah, and then we go into Stevie Wonder, starting with I Wish with Jake, Superstition with Marley and Mercedes. I mean in that episode, I was thinking about this, like if we were doing tour, how would because all of those songs I feel like are such good tour numbers. Yeah, yeah, yeah, and then obviously ending this Stevie Wonder set with for Once in My Life Kevin Spotlight Moment Honored.
Speaker 1: We need that one.
Speaker 2: Last three numbers starting with the Alumni homeward Bound Home. They all just like come out of different directions of the stadium doing that number. Uh, and then new directions come in and they sing, uh, don't dream It's over. And then Kirk gets a call. He's like, oh sorry, I'm getting a call. Everybody it's Sarah Tis like Parker, Yes, hey, I'm calling you back. Oh, She's gonna bitch tonight, and they do. Let's have a Kiki Turkey Lurkey time drag. Queen's storm the stage like on foot and like a Pink show where they're just being like thrown at the stage. End of show, encore starting with don't stop me now because you know you can't stop them. You can't stop me out. Yeah, yeah right, it's it's there. I'm taking it, and then goes into another Queen number, Somebody to Love ending the show Don't stop leaving. Wow, that's what I prepared for you.
Speaker 1: Wow, imagined to be honest.
Speaker 2: You do we have worked out. When Vanessa comes back in as sort of the MC, I feel like she's just like omnipresent. I don't have that. Where where are you thinking that she could fit in? Well, you have naturally obviously built into diferent sets going on, and so I do feel like if maybe Amber and the audience singing high notes is unrealistic, but Vanessa and the audience like we could see some incredible performance and everyone just like, oh that was great. Clappy clappy clap. We got the Vanessa a sugar and she's just like, ah, I could have done better, and then she somehow segues. So I feel like we can just like you said, like sprinkle her throughout, yeah, because I think we need her to kind of string it all together.
Speaker 1: I have a couple of substitution recommendations that you can yay your nay, okay, okay, sure, oh yeah, no, no, it's fine if you had. You have this very clear vision, and I have a lot of songs that I love and I'm thinking, I'm like, okay, I could swab out a few, so I just want to I want to propose those to you and you can yah your name.
Speaker 2: Can we also talk about how you would do them, like what your vision for them is?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, so well let's let me let me go there and then you can chime in. So in the Nyanda section, I actually would prefer Americano dance again instead of all that jazz.
Speaker 2: Well, what's a reason. Do you have a reason being or just preference?
Speaker 1: I just I think the more up tempo pop numbers really get the crowd going, and I think it showcases Kate Moore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true because when I look back at the setlist of the two tours that you did, there was like very few, if at all, were there any musical number, like songs from musical you did?
Speaker 3: I think, do we do have to find gravity there?
Speaker 1: Or I can't remember the first tour we did, so we did define gravity first tour, but I agree with you, we didn't get a lot of musical theater.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's just my that's my first one.
Speaker 2: Good note.
Speaker 1: My next one is an addition. Somewhere in here has to be dark Side. We have to put the dark Side in there. And I don't care where it is because there's obviously not enough for a Warbler's section in this whole tour. But I do think they deserve to do this number because it was my top in my top three of two four.
Speaker 2: That's a hot take. Not too many people are rising for that number.
Speaker 3: But I don't understand. I'm controversial clearly.
Speaker 1: Like Run Joey Run is not my favorite, and like but I love dark Side.
Speaker 3: It was like sleeper hit.
Speaker 2: They have so many good numbers that maybe it's a little later people aren't thinking about it, but I agree, And also Sugar could just throw to them, being like I need gay boys and they come out and do a number.
Speaker 1: You're like after Teenage Dream or between like teenage stream stuberbase. I still believe like it could be a Darren set, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 3: We throw that in there.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm jumping a little bit, but I think in this in your Stevie segment, I love Superstition, but I also love Higher Ground. Could we do could we swap? Could we do a mashout? Could we half and half it?
Speaker 2: We need that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna you're naying that one.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm so. Higher Ground is one of those mar solos as we refer to them, It's a Marcelo that really doesn't do for you because I feel like it's it came at so like so late in the season that like Ryan or whoever, was like, oh my god, Ambert hasn't sang a single song to herself this entire cure, and Higher Ground was like great, but like it's not. It's not ranking high on my mar solo's list.
Speaker 1: Okay, fair enough, that's fine. This is this is your vision. I'm just I'm putting I have my I have input.
Speaker 2: Okay, we can add, but we can have both make everybody.
Speaker 3: I see, I see where you're going though at this, and I get it.
Speaker 2: I respect maybe do a little Maybe it can be a combo, because maybe just get a touch of higher grounds to give me just a little more. I agree.
Speaker 3: I have two to three other songs that I don't fully know where exactly they would go, but I offer them to you as because we can make this as long as we want. Yeah, let me love you. That was a song that was like, I don't know where to put this. I literally had the same thought, Yeah, that would be fun, right.
Speaker 1: Like to slow it down and then we speed it back up again kind of thing. I don't know, or like kick it off, but I think it deserves to be in there.
Speaker 3: It is so good.
Speaker 1: It was so memorable for us, and I think the fans like this one, right.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, okay, But you know, I think there might be like a we've always I mean the two we always put in the two tours, there was always a choir room section, and I I feel like we could do that. One of these sections could be a choir room section and put because I think we need to be up there watching him and just cheering him on, all of him and cheering him on. Yeah, I see him on the Ain't No Way stage? Yes, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and it doesn't necessarily have to mimic the choir room like in our second tour they literally did, like an electronic digital they like recreated the back wall of the choireroom. Right, looks fun. We don't need to do that, because here's my other offering. Looks fun, looks it looks fun. This is my other offering is there's a few group numbers from the newer class that didn't make it into your set list that I would offer because I did.
Speaker 3: And maybe it's just because I enjoyed doing them so much and like filming them. But some of them are holding out for a hero.
Speaker 2: I don't know where she went. She was in one raft and then suddenly, so let's.
Speaker 1: Put her reckon there. Let's put her back in there. This is the New Year. Yes, I thought it was sweet.
Speaker 3: It's no Kevin. Okay, I think it works on the show. Okay, fine, Mama Mia.
Speaker 2: Oh but wait, Jedta are you advocating for Mamma Mia. I thought you were. She came around.
Speaker 1: I have come fully around for Abba and for the Glee version Journey Come around, Yes, and I was wrong. I was wrong, and I do enjoy Abba now and I did enjoy this. And I remember Grimacing doing this number partially because it was like a hard day on set, and then additionally it was Abba, So I was like, this is just stupid. But when you watch it, like when I watched it recently, I was like, Wow, this is good.
Speaker 2: This is really the looks too, I mean like all the hair I love.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was ridiculous.
Speaker 2: I think that one would work really well live too. Yeah, it's a fan favorite. Yes, I mean it's ABA in general.
Speaker 1: And then my last offering to you is if there's an s JP moment I did love at the ballet. I don't know if this is a tour worthy number.
Speaker 2: No, I was going to advocate for at the ballet. No, let's talk about it. I would be so curious to hear your thoughts on at the ballet. I love it. So many Greeks don't test it. I think it's like they think that it's like boring and long, and I'm.
Speaker 3: Just like, it is a full version.
Speaker 2: They spared nothing and they did not. They did not.
Speaker 3: That's so interesting. Kevin and I loved it.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you, yeah, because I think I also had I because I've now come around to the musical theater light. I now know that song better and appreciate that song. I think if you don't know that song and maybe harder to appreciate can I And like having the four who did it? Do that number? The way it was shot? Like, I just think you that would look incredible in a live show. I agree. I mean, obviously it works in a live show. It's from a live show, but doing the lighting how it was done, and just like giving in, I agree with you. I think there should be more musical theater numbers and so like to fully give in the Sure it's not gonna work for everybody, but that's why there's eighty songs in a set list.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, And.
Speaker 2: They had the ballerinas like go around them. Oh, it would be stunning. If we already have drag queens flying, we might as well have balerina's flying yeah double cast yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh and I lied, I have one more offering for you.
Speaker 2: Girl on Fire, Girl on Fire, Okay, okay, where are you seeing her?
Speaker 1: I know this is early in the set list, but after New York State of Mind because she does she's going to New York. Maybe it's like a New York state of mind into Girl on Fire and she transitions this set into Niata.
Speaker 2: I love that. That's amazing. I remember a Girl on Fire. Okay, So Alison, who you've mets come on multiple times? So the summer that we met, this summer twenty thirteen in New York, every time that we would come out of a New York City subway, we would be like Girl on Fire because like that is the subway. Yes, so that is that song sparks so much joy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was shot on a on Paramount, and I remember watching her shoot this getting out of the cab. I very vividly remember watching her shoot this. But yeah, that was good Paramount. Okay, okay, yeah we can we can make it work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, cool.
Speaker 1: I love this. I love the set list. Thanks for taking my my offerings. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: This is a good one. I mean it's really it's hard to find holes in the set list. I'm trying to see, like what else we can add in there, because it's pretty damn solid.
Speaker 3: Oh I know this. You really came in here swing in.
Speaker 2: Are there any numbers in here that like you didn't get into in terms of like what you really see for how they would be performed, Like what do you like, what is unlimited budget? What are somebody's looking like, Oh I well unlimited budget. There it's it is the Glee Amusement Park. It is the like the drag Queens in the air. You know, it is all of these things. Because at first, like when when Sam first proposed this idea to me, I was like, I can go one of two ways, Like it can be like a realistic thing where it's like I'm pulling what the first two tours look like and how those are structured, and it's like, okay, trying to satisfy a Mercedes number and a Mercedes Santana duet and a Rachel solo, you know, all of these things. And so I feel like this is this version is like the chaotic, fully fledged, no expense barred version.
Speaker 1: So now do you want to see these numbers where they're recreated like we did on the tours? Often some of them were like reworked, like ver deeep. Obviously they added dancers and things, and they added more choreography and you know, hoopla. But do you want to see them, all of them like recreated as you saw them on the show.
Speaker 2: Not necessarily I mean like not necessarily, I mean like with a Knubbush City Limits in particular, It's like I think it would be the only thing that that could elevate the number from the television version is to just throw Bernie in there and.
Speaker 1: So totally okay, what God.
Speaker 2: I love to see to see happen. I think that there's so much room to yeah, to just like amp these up and just like make them larger than life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, agreed, agreed.
Speaker 2: I have some suggestions. Okay, I know we already have a long set list, but I kind of would love I'm not tooting my own horn here, gokay, but no scrubs and yeah, I hear that, you know what I mean and locked out of Heaven.
Speaker 3: Uh oh, that's right, you love that one.
Speaker 2: I do. I didn't include any boys numbers and in this set list, so I think no scrubs is definitely the one to add. I think doing like a little boys versus girls thing quickly or just how it was you know in the show, like we can just have so.
Speaker 1: If you have want to be and the girls doing all of the spice girls, you could then throw in a boy's kind of no scrubs thing.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, that's very true. How do you feel about like because I didn't I didn't want to open the possibility of like having songs from previous seasons apart from like the encore of Somebody to Love and Don't Stop Believing, which I feel need to be included. But like, how like for this tour in particular, or are you feeling like remiss of any of those performance is.
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't feel that way because it's such a different season in its own right with Nyada and the cast being stepped for it, and there's new kids and a new cast coming in. I don't feel like we need to because the group's all the gang's all here, like like last season, like we did this for season three, I would say, yeah, maybe we need to incorporate some you know, some of the iconic ones, But for this one, I don't feel as and there's so much good music this season.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of music, and like looking back at the prior set list, yeah, they feel current to that season obviously, but they they do feel a little I think out of place. I mean It's like, sure, I love true colors. What you're getting hung up? Hung up is a great number?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wouldn't. It would feel little?
Speaker 2: Yeah, wrong? Now does Leah? What is Leah's big number in this? What is Rachel doing for the set list that I have? Yes? I have? So it's a New York state of mind. All that jazz love song are.
Speaker 3: Three we can imagine parceline song.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, okay, to love you More, to Love you More?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we could do that one. That's right on my list. You read my mind, Jenna, Yeah, I'm with you on that one.
Speaker 2: What else? What else? I you know, if this was like actually happening, what would happen? And discussing with Ryan about like what the encore would be, he would throw out, I love, I love when Core does Copa Cabana. He has to do co Cavana. I love.
Speaker 1: It could be there could be a skit like You're not even with Sugar, like where you could have little moments like my cup could come back?
Speaker 2: Sure right right? Yeah, you know, Brittany, I'm not saying we should do CoA Cabana. I do not think we should.
Speaker 1: However, it could be a good could be there could be a funny moment where like mister Sue is still trying to figure out what the next theme is for sectionals or for regionals or whatever, and through those segments it changes and it's and then that leads into our next segment just because he's constantly changing it.
Speaker 3: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm just spitballing with you.
Speaker 2: I also there's a couple of things with the new kids that I well, Okay, I don't know if this works live, but let's just talk it out real quick, unchained melody. Okay, I'm not beautiful vocals. Beautiful vocals, and I personally selfishly would love to hear them live. I'm not saying we need Clay on stage to mold I thought you were talking about Achin like we do. We do, in fact need Clay A state righting him. Yes, yeah, I don't. I don't know what it looks like. I don't know. I don't necessarily have a vision for it. I would just really like to hear it, because they're saying their faces off. I don't think we need it.
Speaker 1: No, okay, I like it. I don't think we need it. Like I feel like this is a long list works better cinematically. Maybe this is a really long list.
Speaker 3: Okay, what about Footloose that was higher on my list too?
Speaker 2: Oh, we don't need it.
Speaker 3: Well, I would say, you either put mom and.
Speaker 1: Me in or.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mommmy is wedding every time, So sorry. I know that you provide some vocals on No No, no, No, it's about what's no No. I see what you're saying.
Speaker 3: I enjoy that one. I enjoyed that one.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, I don't love how we do the boy band section on the show. Like I obviously am obsessed with by Bye Bye, and I want it that way. I don't necessarily love what we did. Is there a way to maybe expand on that? Yes, if the girls are doing a spice Girl's moment? Oh, is there a boys in sync Backstreet moment? We didn't love the mashup. We felt like we lost both songs in the mashup for this one. So could we extend the songs and mash them up lass and have the boys instead of a mash And I think that the choreography for that number in particular really lends itself to a live performance, which I think is very, very fun.
Speaker 1: I agree down on the strings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, what about Come what May? Are you advocating for it?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think we need it.
Speaker 2: Kevin, I was opening the floor. Okay, No, it's it's a no for me dog. Okay.
Speaker 3: Do the fans like may?
Speaker 2: I think the cleaners do. Okay, okay, yeah, do you like it?
Speaker 1: Given?
Speaker 2: I just I just love that song again. I'm just thinking of things. I think that like come what May?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: The way that some gleeks respond to like at the Ballet is how I'm responding to Come what May? If that's lot is present, it's going to at the ballet? Right, absolutely great. I will punch somebody for that. I will choose physical.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: I never thought look at me fighting for at the ballet. The most musical theater number to musical theater in a Glee tour? Wow, sevenfol How long is it's? Seven? Six? I don't know, it's it's long. Yeah. I mean, okay, we can do a TV edit.
Speaker 1: No, you can definitely do a TV but I don't think we need to. This is our this is your our list.
Speaker 2: We can do it.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to like punch holes in this list and I.
Speaker 3: Can I can't.
Speaker 2: I think this is a really okay what about I do not think this is a huge smash. It might work well. No, because it might work well in concert, it was a huge smash in real life. I don't think the Glee cast version was a huge smash.
Speaker 3: Okay, just say it.
Speaker 2: I feel back. They keep saying songs on I'm on, just say it. Anything could happen. I love that one that, Oh, that's so good. I really do like that one.
Speaker 3: It is a good one, and.
Speaker 2: I think that's fun with the balloons.
Speaker 3: I come on, okay, we can add that one in. I'm down for it.
Speaker 2: Rachel checking her pregnancy tests live. Yeah, on the stick, it's a really immersive experience. Yeah, at the box right.
Speaker 1: I'm curious about your feelings about our upcoming watch of season five because we are you know, we're done, so we're headed there.
Speaker 3: And people told.
Speaker 1: Us be wary of four because it's not as good, and I really enjoyed it, So I'm justus, I'm curious what you think of five where we're going.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I four in recent years I like even more. I feel the same way about like five two that like watching it live, I wasn't the biggest fan, especially the early season five episodes where I felt it was like tonally shifted for obvious reasons totally that it felt almost like a cartoon that was like, oh, we're checking out Leon cartoon Network.
Speaker 1: So interesting, okay okay.
Speaker 2: Where like the episodes would feel so compact that it was like, Okay, that was that episode and nothing is, like there's no overarching plot, and I didn't like that at the time. Recent years, I think it's fun. I think the Katie Gaga episode very stupid, very fun, like stupid and the best, like, yeah, it's a fun one. Yeah yeah, And then you get into New York later in the season and again that crazy tonal shift where it's like the Mercedes plot line is rooted in drama.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, oh my gosh, okayah, I think you.
Speaker 2: Can have fun? Is that also the I feel like there was a point where the show sort of left the satire behind and we started be like we became the thing we were making fun of, Like we took it, we took ourselves a little seriously. Yes, still feels tongue in cheek satire. It's borderline five. I'm wondering if that's because I remember filming it. I'm like, I don't know if this feels totally quite different. Yeah, then later have a five year saying I'm not sure. At some point in five I don't know. You'll probably know better than me. No, no, no, it does feel like almost like like a like a gossip girl a little bit like where it's like ye like in the ind this it's like more adult, which I which I do like that. It's like growing with the audience too, that it's like, Okay, these are the high school audience members are now advancing as well with the show, and so now they're you know, in New York and the big city and they're doing a big girl thing, you know, and so yeah, yeah, before we have a couple more tour questions, just to button it up, because please where Okay, you saw this is perfect? You saw Adele because that was an outdoor venue they built specifically for Adele with the largest like led screen ever built. Oh it was. It was stupid like Carnival Adele Carnival next to it, and people could just fly from all over the world like you did to go see it. What do we think is the ideal situation here? Is the Glee tour going on tour. Are we going to different countries? Is it just what is the venue? Look? Are we doing stadium? In my entire stadium? But maybe in like for example, like if we did a show in Brazil, maybe we could do a stadium, right Yeah? Yeah. Initially I'm like, Okay, is Sarah Disica Parker and Kate Hudson and company and everybody getting on this bus on this plane. You know, we could have rotating numbers like we had things. If someone can show.
Speaker 3: Up shop for forget you and we would do it without her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I like this idea of it's like, hey, we're doing it here. If you want to see it, you need to fly to Brazil and see the Glee Stadium show. I love that idea. Interesting with the entire amusement park attack, Maybe we just camp on different continents. Maybe we do like a South American setup in one city and everyone comes there, every everyone there. Maybe that in Europe, do that in Asia?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: In the US.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 2: The more we talk about the nitty gritty of it, the more where I'm like, okay, wait, so is this actually happening? Yeah, you have to come on tour. Oh I'm there. If you had to make a writer, which is like some of the like the most fun thing, like right, like the pre the prep stuff for tour. You get asked what you want in the dressing room and it feels very famous. You're like, oh my god, someone's just gonna have this waiting for me. Do you have anything that you like? Do you want all like green M and m's like that sort of thing? Oh gosh, not, Oh god, how could I even prepare for this question? What do you need to make you feel at home? If you are we are in Tokyo for two weeks. What is going to make you feel great backstage? You know, I feel very I feel kind of like sponsored by Celsius nowadays. Okay, Celsius, will you know get me through my hardest states? Yeah, you can have an entire stocked, unlimited fridge. Okay, wait, what's in What's in your writer? When we originally did it, I threw in some things just to see if they would actually get them.
Speaker 3: What did you throw in?
Speaker 2: I threw an a parchment and quill. No, And we got on Elstenko the plane and it was there sitting on my seat. It was and I was like, are you kidding? Me, Yeah, Angie did it. I think now it would just be like diet coke and some healthy snacks and I don't know, probably a lot of like vocal things, steamers, a lot of tea and Manuka honey that's probably boring. Nothing really crazy peanut Eminem's.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think we requested tequila.
Speaker 1: I think we were requested like they always had like a snack that was like the town or cities, like Staple when we were John, like Tilly she stays at the end of the show, things like that. The guys actually had to have a video game console that they traveled in a big, huge, like life sized trunk and they just close it up and then they plug it in whenever they get there.
Speaker 3: The girls didn't have anything like that.
Speaker 1: We literally were like, can we have some pillows to nap? I think I had gotten a trunk from my dressing room where I put some of my own things in that showed up in my dressing room each each at each venue, and one of those things was like a humidifier or like a steam personal steamer. But like we weren't really singing live all that much as much as I thought we would, so like I never.
Speaker 2: Used excuse me live as much as we thought we were.
Speaker 1: Well, I wasn't singing as many live songs as I thought.
Speaker 2: I would Tinico and Chang respect no, because we were we were not seeing the backgrounds live.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like I thought we were going to be like completely live, all the lives, the lead vocals were live.
Speaker 3: Again, Tina's songa cut.
Speaker 1: And I only had one real song in it, so I wasn't really singing as much as I thought I would be. Yeah, it's sick the Tinico and Chang perspective.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you find out like where when did you find out that it was cut?
Speaker 3: At the premiere?
Speaker 2: That's sick. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It was really not great.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely not great. And I think like the movie was like not to put salt in the wound. Movie was like quite literally eighty minutes long, you.
Speaker 1: Know what it was, though there actually wasn't enough footage because people walked off set that to get ready to start getting ready for the show. It was so jam packed the way we shot the film. It was like, literally, we have twenty five minutes to an hour to shoot dog days before you have to go get ready for your real live show and so there was these cameras that were trying to get everything done. And I remember when we were shooting Dog Days, people were like, we have to go get ready for the show. We got to go. This is crazy, and I remember thinking, we're never going to get this number. We're never going to get this number. And lo and behold it was cut. And she's always right. Somebody was supposed to call me and tell me that it was being cut because I didn't have enough footage to do it. But they did have eno footage because it's in the extra the extra. Hello, Yeah it's there. But whatever, it's fine. They can say. Everybody can say.
Speaker 2: Whatever they want. Then maybe we had that back into the tour setlists.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, it's great.
Speaker 2: I was just thinking about what else we can have on the writer, Oh my god stops.
Speaker 3: What well?
Speaker 2: We did?
Speaker 1: I have some massages we did sometimes set up for us, and food and snacks and maybe a therapist. Yeah, maybe that would have been good. Andrew, do you have anything else to add to this tour list? Because you really came and I feel really good about it, but we're you know, before we let you go, we just wanted any lest I really.
Speaker 2: Need to see flying through the air and lasting into showing up I want a dream. Yeah, yeah, I mean I am curious. I mean like you brought up like the Copacabana of it all with like Ryan's perspective. Is there anything I already have all the songs that I need, right, is there any like what other ones do you think that Ryan would be like adamant about, including do you feel he might be adamant about at the ballet, Like that might be one of the ones where he's like that has to go in and I don't care if anybody. Yeah, he has sometimes like left field of like this was his favorite and you're like what.
Speaker 1: I feel like he would have been one of those. Yeah, we know he would have.
Speaker 2: Been one of those that's so fascinating. So how often this is like a collateral question, how often would you know that he like he was the one selecting these songs.
Speaker 1: It wasn't abundantly clear all the time, but when it was clear, like he would come to set and be like when it was shooting, if he felt really strongly about it, or if like SJP was in it, you'd have like one of the you know, one of the creators there.
Speaker 2: Earlier in the seasons when he and Ryan, I mean and Ian were writing it. You can tell.
Speaker 1: I mean he picked almost all the music by himself the first two years, Like getting married today, you know that's Ryan?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: There's some that are just really obvious too obviously right.
Speaker 2: That's interesting, But like the cobad Comana when you mentioned that earlier, I was like, Oh, that's fascinating, but he's I don't know if you would love that. But it's theoretical because it seems like like the amount of times went around him and he would mention in a song where like what, yeah, he's a fan of of that? Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: You know there might also been push for some any maybe one of their original songs that Marley wrote that also might have been a push. And that might have just been a Fox push. But do you know what I mean, like a Sony Columbia push.
Speaker 2: We would have thought that do you have to do loser like me? I think loser like me? Hang it up, I you know what you guys have a loser like me? I think that if you were if you're doing don't stop believing in somebody love, if you were going to add another kind of like encore song. I think the next one kind of would be a loser like me, because like that's y'all's song, right, and it's like you got it, you know how to do it. That's the other one. Yeah. Yeah, So maybe if s J. P or Kate Hudson doesn't show up and we have to add a song and we could add it. I will say that I do love the the stripped down version that y'all do.
Speaker 1: I love that one.
Speaker 3: I love that one.
Speaker 2: Do we love humbly singing those lyrics is so funny to me. I feel like I'm on drugs every time I listen to it, and I'm like, vocally, the arrangement of it is so beautiful, Car. Yeah, Like pushing up against the locker seriously is.
Speaker 1: Slowly, like there's enough time to think about what you're saying versus body every single time. Yeah, yeah, but I like that arrangement. I love that arrangement. Yeah, my nieces love that one. All right, Andrew, we are so lucky that you came in with this genius car.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, we're so grateful.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy to be here. When I was listening to the season three one I was like, oh, I got some ideas and me and Sam talked about it, and so she.
Speaker 3: Followed up, this was so good. This is so good.
Speaker 2: Appreciate so much vision, your attention to detail, thinking this through. It means a lot, true effort, really good. No, you didn't really really need the collaboration. You got it.
Speaker 3: I just fought you on things.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much again for joining us, and we'll sure we'll see you.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I would love to have you back on the c of the weeks. Y Oh, it's brutal. It's we are we are sending these songs to the grave week after week. And recently it was U it was to serve with love versus mine, a competition that should not be taking place. But you know we had the conversation. Yeah, and only one song can come out of that competition, and so it's it's this is what I signed up for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is that's right.
Speaker 2: Appreciate your service.
Speaker 3: We love to see it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, somebody needs to do it all right. Thank you so much again, and everyone listen to if you're not already listening to Gleik of the week, like you gotta you gotta do it, and just the best, and I like the social media content you make for it. It's just phenomenal everything you're doing. It's so well thought out and the attention to detail, the time you clearly put into it is remarkable. Being perceived. That's again insane, insane.
Speaker 3: Thank you, thank you you too.
Speaker 2: Bye bye bye. I guess we're going on tour, Jenna. I mean, this is a good where we go. Let's do it.
Speaker 1: If you guys want to see this tour, start to go fund me let us know we'll see you in Europe. I hope you guys enjoyed that. Thank you again to Andrew for coming up with the most brilliant season four set list. We're so grateful. Let us know if you like it, and that's what you really wanst bye.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.