Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Anthony dor set, De, Montrey Moore, and Newi Scrugs.
Speaker 3: Go time right now here in the SWBC podcast studio. Top Boys Players out, brought to you by Aristocrat Game. We've got three former in FL players in here. We got Anthony dor Set, we got Trey Moore, We've got Barry Church. I am Newie Scrugs here as the Cowboys are practicing right now.
Speaker 4: Outside get.
Speaker 3: Headquarters to get ready for the home opener against the New York Football Giants, kicking off at New A T and T Stadium. Yesterday on his radio show Jury, Wayne Jones Hall of Fame owner, let.
Speaker 5: Us in government know that, Wayne Jerald, You, Mazzie Smith and Jaydon Blue, don't don't look for on Sunday.
Speaker 4: They got the t's in the locker again.
Speaker 2: Scratch, healthy scratch.
Speaker 6: You know you walk in there. You is it my weekend?
Speaker 3: You be like so remember last year when when Dalvin Cook would find out on Jerry's radio show.
Speaker 7: Hold on what yeah, hold on, hold on relived this story.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So so last year Dalvin Cook when he got signed and here gonna play, gonna play, and they asked Jerry, hey, what about Dalvoca.
Speaker 4: I don't think we'll seeing this week. So he would just saying, God, no, what we got.
Speaker 3: And so then Dalvin like, yeah, I get your good locker room right now, the locker room after hey, man, you know you playing.
Speaker 4: That's not.
Speaker 6: Out there.
Speaker 3: And then it got to be appointment setting or Dalvin and these people would listen, right, I'm in this.
Speaker 8: Week, not the head coach, not not.
Speaker 7: That's that's almost as bad as me finding out I got cut through the media.
Speaker 3: Would listen, Hey thirty on Tuesday, don't worry about Sunday.
Speaker 7: He said, Man, not this week, guy, I don't need to buy no extra don't worry about this game.
Speaker 3: And so Davin was on the practice squad, so you know, my man was down.
Speaker 7: You know, Buty was listening to that radio show like the stock Market soon as as soon.
Speaker 3: As it and it's people too, so people were listening to So that's the thing, just you, everybody and everybody, all you people out there, he said.
Speaker 6: He can't like them.
Speaker 7: Oh man, you know I got hurt this week. They're trying to get a young guy.
Speaker 8: We heard I'm just my thing is not not the head coach. The head coach ain't told him he was down. Not not even if the head coach wanted to use not the position coach with.
Speaker 6: The guy from the up He just ain't playing it.
Speaker 4: Shot. He was asked about it today.
Speaker 6: It is pressing him upstairs.
Speaker 4: Michelle, is mass he playing this week or Jerry? He said, no, no.
Speaker 3: We have opportunity for three great practices, so he'll he'll compete.
Speaker 2: Get out there.
Speaker 9: How are you supposed to go out there and say, you know what, I'm a grind, I'm gonna have a shot.
Speaker 4: But you know, on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Speaker 7: That'd be the worst thing because at the beginning of the season, you're like, yo, it's cool, I'm gonna wait my time, I'm there.
Speaker 6: I'm being patient. About week six or seven, you start hearing stuff like that, you be like.
Speaker 2: Bump, but you know, make your bed.
Speaker 4: You got make your bed.
Speaker 6: Shot.
Speaker 3: He didn't talk about, you know, possible injuries and things like that, and he said, you know, he said, you know, we've set nothing. You know, nothing's been set. He'll have the opportunity to compete. But the owner and gentleman, boy.
Speaker 7: You ain't feeling the big dog said it upstairs.
Speaker 6: It ain't hey, it ain't barking.
Speaker 4: He was a good thing. Okay. So if you blue.
Speaker 3: To buy no extra tickets this week, whole des ice, that's diabolically.
Speaker 6: You that vet that walks in there. There's one vet in every week.
Speaker 7: There something going on, a young guy mad about not playing something, something bad happen and you'd be like, oh, you're good over there, young bull.
Speaker 6: Hey, look at it this way.
Speaker 7: Man, at least at least you healthier for next year going in the free agency or something like that.
Speaker 6: You be like, what that was?
Speaker 5: Scandar, boy, man ain't got no pass this week?
Speaker 7: You might want to tell you just start calling he.
Speaker 2: Ain't no real Santa Claus.
Speaker 3: Blue played the Texas so you know your people might be hey, man, were coming up this week. I mean, at least you know, you know, save yourself. Man, say you know you got just you told you all told story the tickets yesterday.
Speaker 6: You did what would be worse? Then?
Speaker 3: You know your people, hey man, it's a home opening. We want to come up here. You out here, but then you you you're gonna be real slo and a golf hat.
Speaker 6: Y'all want y'all want to see you.
Speaker 4: The custom blue jersey.
Speaker 6: Messed up, Bro, You got to start with that.
Speaker 9: The custom blue man you see up on the club seats because you know the family don't sit down here at the club.
Speaker 3: They gonna bring this out next month, but they gave it to us today. Get you ready got time?
Speaker 6: Dirty?
Speaker 7: I told y'all that's dirty, Mac Church. Yeah, if you blue, you you got time. It's not even that you got time. They saving the weapon you drafted here like you said, you got that time. But it's like, hey, we're giving them a shot because they're on their way out the door. The other guys like what they what they used to tell you. We've all been hearing it since we was little, even in the Little league. The moment the coach stops talking to you, that's when you gotta be worried. That was that where he signed where he said, oh, you ain't got to worry about him, especially with how well the like. And this is once again apples and apples, oranges and oranges. As much as they make this joke. He had time to produce, But then what you having time to produce? It sucks when they go trade somebody or bring in somebody and he performs that last week, that interior, the way that they performed this is the one you would think Kenny was the missing factor that they've been talking about this whole time. So that was the coffin, get up out.
Speaker 10: Of here against Philly. And then you got a sixth rounder. Yeah, a rookie playing in there, a six round. This ain't a veteran. This ain't a first round pick in Solomon. This is a rookie, six round pick.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 3: Now Shoty also said he said that Mazzi is a good football player, but he has to be consistent. Sot here telling you right now, hey man, I'm not seeing it enough.
Speaker 4: I've got to see more of it.
Speaker 3: So if you want to grab a jersey, you're gonna have to get more consistent one.
Speaker 4: And so he laid it out there.
Speaker 7: I mean, but with him saying that though like that, lets you know there's different dynamics in the organization. What you said, that's above my pay grade. Your head coaches don't have to speak highly about you like we've seen head coaches that throw you out in the Wolves. We've seen coaches when they come in and they.
Speaker 6: Are guys that are already there.
Speaker 7: So from those statements, it tells me like, yo, you know how you got that one coach that come in there and be like, hey, you better type. No, you gotta do this right, Like I'm not saying this is gonna save you, but this will help you laying softer, if that's what you if that makes sense, And so I feel like that's what Shoddy is doing right now, because one, this is a long season. Just to sit here and say you ain't gonna see him this week, we might not know. You've got a vet that's been hurt, you got all kinds of things. And if you come in there and strike when it's time to strike, you might say not save your job, but you might build more value going somewhere else. Somebody might say that this was my system. So I hope he's listening to Shoddy, And it sounds like Shoty's gonna give him opportunity if it presents itself.
Speaker 8: On the flip side of that without him getting those reps, and if get backups or the replacements keep stacking, great days and stacking good days. You know, it's oh no, it's a what is a let's be hold on, let's be crystal clear, it's a wrap. We I think we all can agree for Mazi at most ninety five percent, it's a rap.
Speaker 3: Here's where I'll just fight you on this a little bit. Yeah, we had sixteen games ago. You don't know the attrition rate of what's going to happen. So so so we'll see if somebody get a high ankle spring, there's a lot of things that could happen. So I think with Shoddy, when what Shoddy said to the media about getting consistent and so like, hey man, at some point in time, we may need you guys all play exactly. These rosters get used up and when you try to play, and we've looked at the schedule, Cowboy's gonna face some good team, you know, even the Giants.
Speaker 4: So they're not a good team over they got a good.
Speaker 3: Defensive line and you know, you mess around next you know, you can be in a full quarter game. So so we don't know. So I want to say it's a rap for Mazi is not looking good.
Speaker 7: It's not looking good, but you got to build his own value. That's the I guess that was what I was trying to allude That is, build your value with that building that consist and see and stuff like that.
Speaker 6: Even for my tenure when I got cut.
Speaker 7: Here, right after I left here, it was people that was able to speak on my characters, speak on his work at it to where you're gonna have somebody in the building that will stand up for you and your first round pick.
Speaker 6: You're gonna get an opportunity.
Speaker 7: But when you get that next opportunity you want to have, you want to you wanted to be a fifty to fifty ball when you going there and say it was a schematic approach versus you going in there and everybody saying, man, that guy isn't there and we're just giving it to you for the first round.
Speaker 6: So that consistency means a lot.
Speaker 10: Think what the boys is doing to him right now, Like brost Run, Yeah, you're a first round pick and you ain't getting no burn. You got jerseys in your locker on Sundays man.
Speaker 9: Like, and it's not like you're getting replaced by all pros. And now there's one pro bowler in there and that's and that's Kenny Clark.
Speaker 4: Other than that, you got got a.
Speaker 10: Big pay got a big pay down, and he's gonna be a little fast starter. But then after that you got Salomon Thomas, former first rounder for the bounce a little bit, and then you got a six round in front of you. And then you got your owner talking about now we ain't gona see him this week?
Speaker 9: How do you how you go into practice like man, I go just my opportunity.
Speaker 7: What he said, this right here, he's right here, this right here, because me I went in there and found an enemy. I don't care. You know what, cool I ain't playing this weekend. Whoever I lined up against, boy is about to be h double hockey sticks. You about to get every frustration. If the owner said this about me, I'm about to have the water boy moment. Tyron Smith lined it up. You gotta come in head too, since he hasn't done it, but they haven't seen it. But that's what I'm saying this is you're not playing on the weekend.
Speaker 6: You know that.
Speaker 7: So if if I'm you, well, if I'm a vet that actually cares about him and that's his friend, I'm gonna tell you go out here and practice like an undrafted free agent. You don't practice like a first round pick. You haven't you earned a right to be a first round pick. Guess what, you haven't played like that. So now you got to have an undrafted mentality. Whereas and you know that tempo violator that always go that's what he means right now to where somebody speaks on him.
Speaker 8: We all notice, you know, of course, being former athletes and everything else like that, there's we do have something that's a little bit different to us as far as we're focus and things like that. And so with Mazie, you know, like like like I've been saying, you know, ever since I got in here, I'm gonna be optimistic about the player and hope that at some point in time, either the the the the the the example that's being set by Kenny Clark is here now, or or just a simple fact that like, hey, I'm gonna make up my mind to play.
Speaker 4: That's always this from four four three or four.
Speaker 8: Right man, and everybody get like so in my mind, the way I've always looked at it, the way I was always taught about it, like three years, this is third year, this is.
Speaker 3: Third different third different defensive coordinators you know from you go from having d Q, you had Zimmer last year. Now you got flues and you know they're not clearly they're not gonna pick up as fifth or option now. So so as year three, we got to see something from from Mazzie.
Speaker 4: You haven't seen it yet. It's it's not.
Speaker 7: Over, but boy, not over you She humming that that lady, she said, she said, hey, what is it act too?
Speaker 6: Okay, bet the closers about.
Speaker 4: To see the end of the road. End of the road for you, you can see it. So have y'all seen any like like in the lash?
Speaker 6: But that's what I'm saying, we don't know.
Speaker 7: We're not there watching the practice film there in the game, you haven't known. But how are you gonna That's the thing, though, we're past the point of where you're going to see flashes right now in the game. He is at the end where everything he does in practice needs to be a flash.
Speaker 6: In practice you need to have two flash places a day.
Speaker 7: And even then your coaches, your coach is still gonna sit there and be like, man, you still ain't gave it to us. That's that consistency that's building it up. When you, like I said, Bro, you just gotta have a dog mentality. Bro, you just gotta go fight like you gotta have an victor's mindset to say I'm ready like.
Speaker 6: Big this like hell yeah yeah, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 4: We're gonna take a break. Can we come back? Jadavian Clapp coming in for a little visit.
Speaker 3: Little Looxie. Should they do it? Add to the defensive line room? Yes, knowles do that? Next door set more church. I'm scrugged. This is a players I bought to you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 4: Hey there, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 11: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and.
Speaker 4: Off the reels.
Speaker 11: Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys themeed casino games developed by Aristocrat, a PROWN sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred g a m b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 4: It's the official men's skincare.
Speaker 11: Brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and Right Now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 4: Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 11: That's get Jack Black dot com Slash.
Speaker 4: Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 12: Crownroyal and the Dallas Cowboys are bringing back the Royal Rig for season two. See it in action at at and T Stadium on Thanksgiving Day where the Dallas Cowboys take on the Kansas City Chiefs, and around Dallas on November twenty sixth and November twenty eighth. Visit Crownrooyal dot com to see where else the Royal Rig is stopping this NFL season. That's Crownrooyal dot com. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 13: Returning for the twenty twenty five NFL season, Boss reunites with the Dallas Cowboys that drop the next chapter of their iconic collaboration. The Boss Cowboys collection fuses fashion and football, once again, capturing the fearless spirit of what it means to be your own boss. Just in time for kickoff. Gear up and standout styles that show your team pride with a bold edge. Available now at NFL shop dot com, Slash Hugo, Boss Hugo, Boss dot com and Boss retail stores. Hashtag be your Own Boss.
Speaker 4: Back to the players Loud Cowboy Nation.
Speaker 3: The twenty twenty five Dallas Cowboys schedule is officially here and limited tickets are now available. Get ready to bring the noise as you watch your Cowboys live at AT and T Stadium when they host the NFC East Rivals, Eagles, Giants and Commanders plus Packers, Chiefs, Chargers, Vikings and Cardinals. Visit Dallas Cowboys dot coum slash tickets, seek geek dot com, the official primary ticketing partner of the Dallas Towns.
Speaker 4: Read by the Man, Read by the Man.
Speaker 6: You didn't have no ad libs, so it wasn't like sugar.
Speaker 4: Because I knew, I knew how to read it.
Speaker 6: I can read it straight. Ad libs its.
Speaker 4: Squirreling around.
Speaker 6: It's called the motat.
Speaker 7: Have you ever you ever seen Benzella and Will Smith talk about right when they were about to act like some of their best moments, it just happened. It wasn't there like you add that in there you're acting? Yes, yes, where for outside?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 6: Whatever? More?
Speaker 14: Okay Shakespeare, all right, going on, going on there behave.
Speaker 6: Y'all.
Speaker 3: Just yes, there's so much talent aristocrat gave there.
Speaker 4: It is by force.
Speaker 3: Whittaker here, last King of Scotland, said Struggs.
Speaker 4: Is a great actor. Yea, the most underrated black actor ever.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 7: It's like just like my football career, just underrated. They hated on me. But back to you, rat boy.
Speaker 4: Rat boy, why are you switching to me when this bag was blaming you?
Speaker 7: Like, let's play some billios and you aristocratic game and that's for this I know they did, but you you had a gas over there, So let's play something tender.
Speaker 4: I had to play ball right out there, right like, why did you said? I couldn't get him?
Speaker 6: So I had to get him. I can't going I couldn't. I want and got him. Let's keep going. You got since I thought you cal handle it.
Speaker 10: He's talking about you anyway, Let's go let's go what.
Speaker 7: You took the bait? You're gonna be better than that. I'm sorry, don't I should know by now? Ain't nobody more sense than Maggie's man?
Speaker 4: Sensitive groups?
Speaker 5: Sensitive group said, gave it like this man, black, big worm.
Speaker 9: I think you was gonna get said, So that's crazy. He's fast a right three?
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 9: Wow, let's go me like that?
Speaker 3: So on cloudy Okay, Cowboys are getting a look see at the former number one overall pick in the draft, drafted by the Houston Texans, though the better defensive player out of that draft was Khalil Mack because Khalil had come from the University of Buffalo, so a lot of people were.
Speaker 4: Down on trad Mack.
Speaker 3: Mack has been the better football player, even though Jenamian Clinney went number one, really based off that hit he had against Michigan and he placed houth Carolina knocked the boy out, you know, basically in the first hit.
Speaker 4: Like, oh, Mac better football player.
Speaker 3: So Shoddy says, hey, I was with him in Seattle and then lo and behold. So when at this table has played with mister cloddey, So what could the Cowboys beginning as they try to potentially add to their defensive line and the defensive end room.
Speaker 7: Oh man, you're getting an athletic specimen. I guess for me, just keeping it a buck all the way funky are you? My question is are you getting that vet at the end of their career that is still trying to establish theirselfs and they actually love being a competitor, which we haven't seen. The knock on him is always it's been that competitive factor. How hard does he play? Is he chasing the ball down backside and this and that? And when you think of Jerry Jones when he wants to bring in these d linemen and stuff, what does he always say, I need a war daddy, I need somebody that has that workhorse mentality. And so for me as a player, knowing what I know, it makes me question it a little bit like, obviously we need edge pressure, you need those type of guys right there. But you got that in Dante Fowler, somebody that was a double digit sack that's sitting right there. And then you're bringing in a guy that hasn't really been the guy, but he's been He's been good when he's been around other people. So it's like, Okay, our interior. They've gotten a lot better with Kenny Clark. You got Osa in there. Are they going to be good enough to give Clowney that extra boost to where he can have those flash plays? And right now, for me, being a Dallas fan, I would want somebody that's a little more consistent.
Speaker 6: But like you said, we're.
Speaker 7: Good will shopping right now, you're going through the bag, so it doesn't hurt to turn over the time.
Speaker 3: But there's no war Daddy available September tenth. Now it's a veteran who can you can add to the room. But there's there's no war.
Speaker 6: Daddy, No, no you can. There isn't.
Speaker 7: But there are those guys that you pick up out the couch where they're hungry. They can come in and pay give you twenty five thirty five snaps, and we're not we're talking about quality snaps where you're chasing down the ball like we don't. You're not expecting Clowney to be Michael Parsons that, But do you have somebody that is going to have that engulf that eber Fluce mindset of chasing the ball down? So, like you said, he has familiarity with Shoddy and playing with him in Seattle, but he hasn't played in at least in my opinion yet, he hasn't played with a defensive coordinator that demands that type of chase the ball mentality, and that's that hasn't been his game this whole, like his whole career.
Speaker 10: You played with him, So when when y'all played, would you consider him, you know, being doing a lot of hero ball And what I mean my hero ball is I'm gonna go make this play like I don't care what the skis assignment, what if the assignment is, I got contained, but I can make it if I go inside, like is he one of them cats?
Speaker 4: Or you can see him playing within the scene.
Speaker 6: So I didn't play with him.
Speaker 7: We played, We kept missing each other, and I played with people that played on him. Okay, but the knock that was the knock on him. It wasn't he played. He played hero ball. But you know how it is when y'all play hero ball, the guy that's gonna make the play, But then you got the guy that's trying to make the play. But even if he doesn't make out the play, he's gonna do the racer and go chase the ball down for him, it's always been the Hey, I'm gonna go in there and I'm just gonna rely off my athletic ability and that natural athleticism to where you make one or two big flat flash plays a game. It's like, oh, snap, he's been doing this and doing that. And don't get me wrong, he has all the ability to chase it down when he wants to.
Speaker 6: And that's the big thing.
Speaker 7: Right now, do you want somebody that is a when you want to guy or if you're gonna get it? And so that would be my question. I'm not saying he still has had that mentality, but over his career, even when he came out, it was always a potential thing. Oh if you get him to do this, if he lives up to do this, and then he shows you those flashes enough to bring you in there, and on top of that, you having that first round credibility.
Speaker 3: So let's just go ahead and say he's been a disappointing overall pick number one overall. Pick you expected more, especially when I look at Khalil Mack.
Speaker 15: Yes, I mean, yeah, yeah, you can't do that though, I mean he's he's When I look at him, I just say, you know what, He's a good player, but as a number one overall pick, underwhelming.
Speaker 6: To me, definitely underwhelming.
Speaker 7: But as much as I'm on him like that, I'm also played doubles advocate and say, just like I told you all with Trey Lance everybody else that I've always said new Scenery prime example, Solomon Thomas, former first round pick that people said was underwhelming, this and that, and now he's over here a Dallas. I'm not saying he's the playmaker and this and that, but he's starting to build value again within itself.
Speaker 3: And so for me, when I go back and when I think over on the Miles Garrett, when you take a guy like that, that's what you're This is what you are hoping and wanting.
Speaker 4: Conny never did that.
Speaker 3: I mean, when he retires, Houston is not hanging his jersey.
Speaker 4: They're not hanging that jersey out there. It's not like that.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, it's it's when you draft a Tony dor Set you know, boom, Look he did Super Bowl Champion. You know, I think Tony was number two in the league when he retired as a rusher. I mean just when you yeah, when you okay, this is what you're expecting when you're thinking when you up here like that, it's supposed to be a guy who changes the franchise, like man boy, look look at what all this guy did the generational players work around.
Speaker 4: I mean, you're expect you know, your your hope is.
Speaker 15: At least one day, but that was thrown out when he came when when I mean you.
Speaker 3: Think about the short the Texans have a short history.
Speaker 4: He's not even gonna get there. And I retired his jersey up there.
Speaker 3: Nice player, but but you know that, that's what I said with I think number one of what you're expecting here, he didn't have that kind of career, but had the type of talent.
Speaker 6: And that's the thing.
Speaker 7: Does he still have enough talent in the tank to channel it to say, hey, you know these knocks.
Speaker 4: Everybody as a backup like you yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but that but that's no problem.
Speaker 7: Like if you go in here be a backup right now, say he go get five or six sacks based off of his resume alone, somebody's going to overpay him. The market is too high, Like DLAG got paid.
Speaker 3: Like crazy money leads September ten, I mean perst September ten, So how much money do people have anyway.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no, I'm talking about for if he chooses playing next year or whatever. I can tell you like this, the one thing that I do know that motivates Clowney is money and the perks that come with it. Right now, and that's what leads it optimistic is that you're coming to play for America's team. They don't have a pass rusher like for him. This is where you can get that perk and get a little bit of extra money to ride off into the sunset, and that might give him them right motivation, I think.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 8: Like and then like you guys mentioned him coming here as a backup role or being a role player more so than anything. The thing about Clowney is not just a pass rush, but it's that he can set an edge, you know what I mean. So, like, with that being said, if the role lets ask of him, it's a little bit different than what he's maybe been required in the past years and the different teams. And we just need you to come over here and be this guy. And don't you know, I don't need all that. I feel we need edge. We need somebody who's going to show up. This one side of this line and hopefully you bringing a guy like that, then the other side will take a look at it and to see what's going on with it too as well.
Speaker 6: But that's been his role his whole career.
Speaker 7: Like people gave him and they said, oh he can pass rush because he ran a four or five and he was big, But people always said that he played.
Speaker 6: The run style. He was their style.
Speaker 7: So like the run thing has been his thing when he wants to right and right now. That's the only reason that makes me question it a little bit, is like that edge, who like, are you bringing him in here to set the edge as a past I mean as a run stopper or as a pass rusher. And if you're doing it as a run stopper, that means you're a one to first down and secondary. You're not a backup guy. That backup guy is the Dante Fowler with the ten.
Speaker 4: Does he plays special teams if he gets here?
Speaker 6: No? No, no, he doesn't. He doesn't.
Speaker 7: He doesn't want to an That's another that's another spot, like when you we talked about it before, like when you humble yourself, like and I I can talk about Solomon because I played with him, I seen him and I seen it from the outside looking in. Solomon is a guy that's gonna go play special teams right now and will not think.
Speaker 6: Twice about it.
Speaker 7: With those other guys that haven't had to play special teams their whole career, and you're telling them at the very last minute, you're a backup and do this, They're.
Speaker 6: Like a coach.
Speaker 7: I gotta straight, Oh, I gotta get in the hot tub. Okay, Vet, we don't want to mess you up because this and that and you can weasle your way out of it.
Speaker 6: And that's just that hasn't been his role.
Speaker 10: And it's hurt a guy like Sam Williams with his with his development.
Speaker 4: No, okay, shot, he.
Speaker 3: Said no, and he said he felt that, you know, adding a veteran could help. And and I go back to what we talked about earlier with even Mozie Smith. A lot of games to go a lot and this schedule is filled with some tough teams, so.
Speaker 7: It can it can help his development if you're being completely honest, like I said, you know how it is when you got those good vests that come in, they.
Speaker 6: Give you the tools of the trade.
Speaker 8: So if you got any past rush moves or anything else like that. You know what I'm saying that that can always filter through everybody.
Speaker 4: Do they sign into the actor exactly? Look they what they did with Dalvin Cook last year.
Speaker 6: We signed.
Speaker 4: So so you know, do you how bad?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 4: How bad? Do you want to want a check?
Speaker 6: How bad? How bad?
Speaker 7: Does he want to check us? The question because just because they offer practice squad, he doesn't. Don't like you're telling the former first round pick, a guy that has been making millions since he touched into the league, to say, hey, you're going to take a drastic pay cut and you have to be a practice school guy, running scout team, doing all that and helping the other guys get better with the potential of not playing.
Speaker 8: And he's purposely over the past I like, these past five seasons, purposely not going to camp.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so that's what it's like. You think, do you think he's going to be humble enough? And some guys are They play the humble role to where they can get in there and they say, I just got a foot in the door, let me do this. And then once you get into the door, what type of vetter you're going to be in that locker room? Are you going to be somebody that could blend and meshwell, or are you going to be the vet that gets there and say, hey, I'm coming to take somebody job in about two or three weeks, and two or three weeks go by it and you don't do it, and now you become a cancer.
Speaker 6: In the locker room.
Speaker 7: These are all factors that you take in the play when you bring it in a vet.
Speaker 3: All right, let's take our final break here. Game check taken away from a player. What a bad week?
Speaker 6: This guy?
Speaker 3: Oh, you hate to see it's with church his door set. This is the players though, John now's that I'm sorry.
Speaker 16: Life is a workout, and Smoothie King is here to help you power through.
Speaker 6: Whether you're maxing out.
Speaker 16: Overhead presses, pushing through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery with forty five grams of protein, zero grams of added sugar, and delicious customizable ingredients and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie.
Speaker 4: Kiit Hey They're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 11: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo, bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys demed casino games develop by Aristocrat, A Proun sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem.
Speaker 11: Please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 17: It's game day and raising kays. If you want to order like a child, it's action off the field, you need to focus on. The only play you're running is chicken. So what condo are you picking? Make it a perfect season. We've got tailgates of hand battered cook to order, chicken fingers and cane sauce, and jugs of freshly made tea and lemonade, all available to order online or on our app. This season is about to be unbeatable, Raising canes, chicken fingers, one love.
Speaker 18: Hey Cowboy fans. Keith Davis here forming Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Savy Davis Fifter the azol.
Speaker 18: You know what separates Hamptons from the rest making the right move at the right moment. The blockchain dot Com. That's never been easy. The Cowboys became America's team by striking bold when it mattered most. Now it's your turn. If this like your eye cuse with blockchain dot Com. Visit blockchain dot com slash Cowboys today to get started and learn more. That's Blockchain dot Come Slash Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Back to the players loude.
Speaker 4: Are you a Cowboys super fan?
Speaker 3: The search is on for the twenty twenty five Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan. That's now through September twenty nine. Nominated extraordinary NFL fans, dynamic duels and game changers who wrapped the Cowboys with pride and turn every game day into an unforgettable adventure.
Speaker 4: You could be sent to Super Bowl sixty.
Speaker 3: Enter to win an NFL dot Com Slash Fan of the Year today.
Speaker 4: Hey, who haven't I over there?
Speaker 2: Over here? You looking at it new like you better?
Speaker 6: Miss I was. I'm just listening, you know. It was cool?
Speaker 7: Like I said, I like, I just want to know, like was it? Because I added the colorfulness there that your ho yo hope or what it was. But you know, I'm just I mean, I'm sorry. I'm a football player. You know you gotta study greatness is the reason why here multiple women. So that's why I'm like, let me see, and all of a sudden, while I'm studying film, you know that one player, one player walked by. Why is he studying film?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 4: This is how it is.
Speaker 3: On the yard like ohes looking at them dogs.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 4: I'm used to it. Thirty five years. I'm used to Hey, I've been I've been doing it again.
Speaker 7: Like you said after I did such an amazing read the last time I was here. You know, they say imitation is the best form of flattery. So you know the original.
Speaker 4: First, let's know who's imitating you?
Speaker 7: Are you are? Who's the first? Who's the first? Who's the original?
Speaker 9: Frat visibly over here? He got to live in the past. See, that's what they do. They go back to your path to try to brudh.
Speaker 6: The damn elevated.
Speaker 4: Garret took out the rotation after.
Speaker 6: That, Hey, I'm elevating.
Speaker 3: Back to the players, church trade more Anthonys sad do its so? Jay Jalen Carter, the Eagles was not suspended by the league.
Speaker 4: League basically said, since you didn't play in the game, we're not going to set suspended. And so they already did it.
Speaker 3: They were like, hey man, you already did it, so you didn't play, so there's your suspension. But they did basically take a game check. Took the game check in fifty seven thousand game check. So didn't play, no money. So you you just went out Thursday night like me. You ain't getting none out of nothing nothing that team.
Speaker 6: Hey, it costs to beat the boss.
Speaker 7: The way his mindset is, I'm pretty sure he didn't I care, But looking back at it, he gonna think about that.
Speaker 4: One because that was the fifty sixty g.
Speaker 6: I've been here hit with one of those before. It'll hurts you the whole jack.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that Rams game when we got suspended, when the O'Dell had the big bra and all that. Oh yeah, we got kicked out the game. And hey, you had to take that boy, you thought it was Easter of Dimmer Sunday. The way I took that collection pay you want to donate, that was sending my team.
Speaker 4: They were that whole thing went down that whole thing.
Speaker 6: Went down that Nah, it was halftime. It was half time. Wasn't end the game, but it was half time.
Speaker 4: The whole squad was involved.
Speaker 7: Like yeah, when they started fighting on the sideline, the rams Flayers came over there to help Alex Ogertry because that's who originally started with. Oh, and then Preston Parker jumped in. So now that they're on our sideline. Me being the original y n that I am, I said, forget the helmet, go over there, I get somebody. I got them into the new everybody is a full on bra and the rest couldn't. They only had certain people that they could pick out. It's my big self with red dress who had the red dreds on. Because they called out another nig. They called out numbers. Bro, they called out the wrong number and the rest said, no, no, no, it's not him. It's the one with the red dreds. It got my number, and I said, went to the locker room. I thought I made it.
Speaker 6: I was good a whole whole game.
Speaker 4: Check.
Speaker 7: So yeah, what they say stupidity is expensive. What they say ignorance youngness. So you passed a hat man, I passed it. Well, actually my pride didn't allow me to pass it. The great guy Eli Manning and Intro Rose, they said, hey, Andi and Treil said, we're gonna do it. You were protecting your teammate. Eli was like, yeah, we're gonna back them up. They put you know, their money in there. Five hundred and here, a thousand and there, thousand and there, still didn't get nowhere close near to my whole check back.
Speaker 8: Hey, yo, And for everybody getting involved in the fine, you know you don't, you don't. There's no time to negotiate and nothing, none of that. If you're still gonna have some money in your check, it's gonna come deducted already.
Speaker 2: All right. Now, you can try to appear.
Speaker 8: Level later on and you might get it back. You might get some of it back. But before you got anything to say about it that it's.
Speaker 7: On, before they put the check in there, they say, give me this right here, you go over there. Let me let me tell you what happened. I was so imposed, I messed up. Let me just hey, sir, can I please have that back?
Speaker 3: So if you're supposed to get a ten dollars check, you just show up, you get your check.
Speaker 4: And it said three fifty.
Speaker 6: They taking and they taking it. They taking it what they say.
Speaker 8: They had just a bunch of stars on it before that's they put all the stars on.
Speaker 2: That much you owe us.
Speaker 7: Let me let me shut your hand because this guy's like you that put it in the new CBA to why they say they.
Speaker 6: Can only take so much out of your check?
Speaker 7: They hit they what he said, they hit my check so so bad one day that after the first three weeks I didn't see a normal check again.
Speaker 6: They was like, oh, they would have took more out. They could have bro just.
Speaker 4: People you for three Pauls. They hit for three weeks, all different.
Speaker 6: When I when when? When you?
Speaker 7: When I got that big boy for that fight. That's why I said, for him to get that one right there, that at fifty seven, and that's the beginning of the year. They usually don't even jump up to them fifty and those numbers like that into the middle of the year. So for him to do that, he said, that was the most expensive hot tour he ever did in his life.
Speaker 6: You better stop that.
Speaker 10: How much you think it would be if you were the wrong socks, like if you were instead of wars out out thousand, five thousand, or your socks wasn't.
Speaker 2: At the right or your talk or your tow would be too long.
Speaker 6: How it was too long?
Speaker 2: I tested short and not test the official like this.
Speaker 8: That was fifteen to five, just like this then hitting just we was both in the zone testing like that eighteen five.
Speaker 7: You better and you better hope that you got a good official. That's like, you know how they do when you're coming out there, you wear your pre game stuff. They warned you most of them will go over there and be like, hey, I like you, come on, don't do that. My boy on the staff he trying to get you. Those guys though, those refs like, I'm gonna tell you like this, Jalen did not make no fans by spitting on the deck like that Smerica team. As a quarterback, you've become the bad guy, asking Domicasu. He said he got fined so many times that he was like, bruh, I didn't even do it. So now people are gonna purposely look for you, and those refs that are normally nice are the ones that are gunning for you. They ain't gonna tell you, They're just gonna sit back over there. Oh your shirt on took that five racks. Hey shoes undertied him by the end of the by the game even start. If they're nice enough to go tell your coaches. Yeah, the equipment guy come over and say, you got twenty thousand in fines right now? Do you want to fix it or not? And it's up to the player to say yes or no. Hopefully they do that. If they don't, guess what, at the end of the game, that FedEx will be on there that next morning.
Speaker 8: You know that you had the fashion police at every game, right, Yeah, they jomp.
Speaker 6: Look that's Merton.
Speaker 4: Hank's one of those Guysmon Hanks.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he'll get it for the Cowboy you know, Like I know heill was doing it because him and my dad hang out still, and so he'll be at me all the time like, yeah, you know, I'm the fashion police for the Cowboys, for y'all, for y'all former player. He always trying to take a light on you. But you got some dudes who ain't never been a former player. And just like Trey said, hey.
Speaker 7: You right right now, and for y'all out there that's listening, the fashion police.
Speaker 6: Is a guy.
Speaker 7: You know how you got to get back guy that pulled the head coaches, the fashion police is his job to purposely go out there and save the player's money. Fix this, fix that before the game. And they do that like that is just sole purpose in the whole thing.
Speaker 3: After the game. You can get fined too if you wear the wrong types of things. So if you wear you wear a Major League Baseball hat at.
Speaker 6: Your backcraft any other logo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or if you wore Burry Church dot com.
Speaker 9: Can't shout out nothing, you don't do nothing that can't be bigger than that badge, can't.
Speaker 6: Be bigger than this shield.
Speaker 7: Protect the shield, Get put money back, go back to though for you do you really think like because you you've been you, who is who is some iconic back bad boys y'all seen in the league around your time? Sue was super the most icon and I actually played with Sue and so I.
Speaker 2: Played with Romanowski.
Speaker 8: I played the most notorious bad boys in the league, you know, Bill, So.
Speaker 4: Pac Man was around my time to pac Man.
Speaker 7: So now with y'all thinking about all these different guys, we all know some of those guys did not care when these things happened. Y'all think that Jalen Carter has the mindset of these other guys to where he cares or he's like, yo, well Dak spit her at me, and he's gonna like, you know, some guys live on that sword, and well he spit on he spited towards my foot. So yeah, I took it. Yeah, I did what I did, and I'm gonna stand on it. You think he got you think he got by his remorse right now?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it don't matter. Like if you're a young player, you know, like unless.
Speaker 6: The first round young player, but Pro.
Speaker 8: Bowl, unless you come from money, you ain't used to money. Yeah, so somebody takes sixty grand from you, it's you gonna feel it.
Speaker 2: Period.
Speaker 4: You're the best defensive player and they had no sax in the game.
Speaker 7: But in your prime, but in your prime and the peak of your career, when you had your back and you thought you was untouchable, like you didn't just say it, I'm gonna make it up. I just gotta go get five or six sacks, like because I know some guys that be like, don't get me wrong, it sucks that they got found that much. But they went out there that next game and tore it up to where it was like they had two or three sacks in one game, and it was like, like, I'll never forget when David Irvin got suspended and he was in trouble.
Speaker 6: The first game he came back, he said.
Speaker 7: I'm showing Green Bay multiple sacks, multiple TFLs, And that next week it was like, what y'all gonna say? Now, I protest, I do whatever I want to. Jalen's a dog, So you don't think he's gonna have that mindset. I'm saying, just saying it could be a possibility.
Speaker 15: David, what you mean not the same exactly.
Speaker 6: So that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: You don't like there's some players that know when they get fined, they're gonna make it up on the back end and towards their incentives and all that stuff. And I just me just watching him play in the way that he did that. It wasn't like he hesitated, it wasn't like he barked at him. He did that like unapologetically, get up out of here, and when he walked out of the stadium, I don't care. So that's what I'm saying, Like they had that mindset, he could easily could.
Speaker 4: I'll do it for this edition of the player. You might have it, bro. Thank you.
Speaker 7: Whatever, bro man, that's what you go get a players lounge. I'm gonna talk to y'all like we in the locker room.
Speaker 6: Long care, all, Aggie, whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 4: Anthony dor said, keep shaking your head. I know how you. Thank you for being here.
Speaker 3: Chris, Bi, Josh, everybody are part of the show behind the Drugs. We will talk to you tomorrow right here on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.