Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome back to Magical Rewind.
Speaker 2: We've got a very very special episode for you because two years of Magical Rewind. Yes, folks, we've been doing this for two years. We started when I was only twenty one years old. Unbelievable. We've hit quite the anniversary, Sabrina, as in this recording.
Speaker 1: How many decoms do you think we've recapped?
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, how many? Let's see. I feel like we've gotten close to least sixty seventy you think more.
Speaker 1: We're approaching one hundred. Oh my gosh, oh, we are approaching one hundred movie recaps. Can you believe that?
Speaker 2: I can't and you won't believe this, But we still have a lot to go. Yes, Disney General original movies really are the gift that keeps on giving. Or you know, some of them are just taking up ninety eight to ninety nine minutes of our lives.
Speaker 1: Those are the ones that they've gone too long. It's happened.
Speaker 2: But we wanted to do something a little bit special for our anniversary. Thought as we close out another calendar year of the show, it would be fun to look back on the past and tests our own memories of what we've seen boy. Yikes, can we even recall what we liked or hated in a movie? We know that we've caught some I think the kids call it ish. That's just misspelled, because we call it that we've.
Speaker 1: Caught from some of the films that we've done. So here we go.
Speaker 2: This seems very terrifying for me. I have trouble remembering my wife's name.
Speaker 1: It's Susan, I thinks, So, what are your thoughts going into this?
Speaker 3: I'm worried. I think will be good on the ones we really loved, the ones we really hate, but a mass majority of those in between, the ones we are gonna have such a hard time figuring out.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I so, I was obviously told we were gonna be doing this, but I did not want to look at the movies we were gonna beat.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to.
Speaker 2: I didn't cheat, I didn't look at the list. I truly have no idea what's coming. I will say this. I made a realization as I was thinking about this. People are always like, you know, I'll see in the comments. How could you give I'm making up something? How could you give Brink a six when you gave Double Team to whatever. I don't ever compare one movie to another movie.
Speaker 3: No, well, I try not to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I literally don't.
Speaker 2: I just I watched the movie, and I give it whatever score I have in my head. I've forgotten the last movie we did. I'm not trying to compare it to anything else. So I never think to myself, like, well, I gave this one a seven, so I better give this one.
Speaker 1: I never that I watched the movie and I just give it a number.
Speaker 3: I think the only time to like that makes sense is when we're doing like a sequel, when we're doing like the Zombies, you know, when we started getting into the three and then the four, or you know, how is it gonna change, what's gonna make this one pop? That kind of stuff is the only time really where it's almost impossible to not compare, because you're talking about pretty much the same act you know, the same actors, same same thing. So other than that, yeah, I think when you're even when you're discussing musicals a music high school musical versus the Descendants versus the Cheetah Girls, those are versus Beat, uh.
Speaker 1: You know, Team Beat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like they're all so different you can't compare and oranges.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: All right, so here we go. We're gonna jump right into this, but here's the best. Let's start easy, okay. So what's, in your opinion the best movie we've seen so far?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: The best?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 3: Hm, oh my gosh. I mean I think the ones that were a little bit more heartfelt, pulling at your strings, right, you know, Color of Friendship.
Speaker 1: Oh you can't list two or three? What's your favorite movie so far?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Boy, see, this is gonna be so hard.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I can't think of the one that I'm wanting to think of.
Speaker 2: All right, I'll jump in next. I think I have mine. I think it's still Miracle on Lane two. I thought was I still thought was that it was just such a good movie.
Speaker 3: Honestly. Okay, So heartfelt is different than where I'm going for than on this one. If yours is Miracle on Lane, then I'm gonna go. I'm honestly gonna go with that first Descendants movie. That one knocks me off my seat there, it really did.
Speaker 1: It was great. It was that number where they're running through the.
Speaker 3: Very very good that talk about a catchy song that sticks with you. Now I'm freaking gonna think about it all day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, that's a good that's a good guest that one.
Speaker 3: I mean, it just was so creative.
Speaker 2: And so the first zombies movie in the in the category of what's going on, I mean, there have been some pretty.
Speaker 1: Great ones, all right, So all right, let's get into this.
Speaker 2: We'll get the title of a movie that we've seen and we have to guess what we rated it numerically.
Speaker 1: Are you ready? Yeah, all right, So let's kick it off with The Cheetah Girls.
Speaker 3: Oh great, Thank You.
Speaker 2: Was our first movie. So in case, in case, Sabrita, you forgot what this movie is about. It is a four member team girl group named the Cheetah Girls go to a Manhattan high school for the performing arts and try to become the first freshman to win the talent show.
Speaker 1: In the school's history.
Speaker 2: We ranked it, of course, on a scale of one to ten. Trapped be shown freeze as.
Speaker 3: So gona be So I'm glad we get what we rated them.
Speaker 2: What what did what did we give it?
Speaker 3: I'm probably still I mean, I probably gave it like an eight.
Speaker 2: See that's what I think. That's a number of popped in my head. I think I gave it an eight B show freezs are close to it?
Speaker 3: Eight be trapped?
Speaker 1: Is somebody gonna tell us if we're right by the way.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank god, I actually have what you said as well. So will you gave it an eight point five?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: You like this movie? Great Disney Channel movie, Lost me with the dog at the end, you're kind of way to get the band back together. And Sabrina said, I love the movie more than I thought I would. I thought I was gonna give it a four point five. I gave it a seven, bashing her own film.
Speaker 1: All right, I love it. It's literally your movie.
Speaker 3: Okay, So rewatching the trap Dog was goose pretty it was.
Speaker 1: It was a little much. Sure, it was a little much.
Speaker 3: And someone just brought it up seeing them. I think it was when we were at the Disneyland together. Someone brought up and said, oh no, it was a jingle ball and it was. And they said, oh gosh, I wish I had my dog around here so I could get it trapped, so we could sing it out of sea.
Speaker 2: Here you go, uh yeah, you drop my score because of the dog, all right. Number two The Luck of the Irish When Kyle loses his golden pot of gold charm.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: He discovers that he's actually part leprechaun and must find the thief before he takes control of all the other leprechauns. It is starring Ryan Merriman and Henry Gibson. We ranked it on the scale of one out of ten. Potato Chip security Guards, So, d what did you think you gave this movie?
Speaker 3: This one is so well known, and I remember having some really good comedy moments, some weird moments. So yep, there were a lot of weird things. But I just remember her being little in the in that car was so funny.
Speaker 2: But I also remember him like them finally telling him he was Irish, like it was the worst thing in the world, like where we're irish.
Speaker 3: I bet you I was in the seven range. I probably was like a seven point five.
Speaker 2: I think I did a I'm gonna say I said between six and I'm gonna say seven.
Speaker 1: Potato Chip security guards.
Speaker 4: Security guards, and this is why we're doing this game. Will you gave it a five? He said, your favorite. He could have given it a six, but the song at the end pulled it down.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I forgot this, that's right with the weird dancing. Okay, yeah, it was a six.
Speaker 4: Said five point five quote it ended terribly.
Speaker 1: Wow. Okay, so this is why.
Speaker 2: Fives gotcha all right? Number three Andy brink Brinker. God was that really his name? A passionate inline skater face. I'm gonna buy I'm on market even lower than I had before. Andy brink Brinker, a passionate inline skater, faces a dilemma when his family's finances crumble and they must secretly join a rival sponsored team for money. This recap is still filled with controversy. What did we rate it on a scale of It was a one to ten unfastened helmets, So I'll.
Speaker 1: Go for time.
Speaker 3: I know I gave this a good one.
Speaker 1: I did not.
Speaker 2: I still stand by what I said. I'm going to say it was like a five to five. I think I did like a five, five to five or six at the most?
Speaker 1: Oh about you?
Speaker 3: So incorrect? Will it is not?
Speaker 1: I still it?
Speaker 3: I bet you I gave this like an eight point five.
Speaker 4: You guys are pretty spot on. Will you gave it a five? You said you didn't like it, but Gabriella made it awesome. Sabrina gave it an eight and said I loved it, And when I rewatched it, I saw all the reasons why I loved it.
Speaker 1: There you go.
Speaker 3: That's a good one. Good job.
Speaker 1: Save nice number four Lemonade Mouth.
Speaker 2: Oh the synopsis when five ragtag freshmen first meeting Detention and just are hanging on you. It seems that they have nothing in common, but through music they form an unbreakable bond and discover they have the makings of the greatest high school garage band in history. Starring Bridget Mendler, Haley Kyoko, and Adam Hicks. Do you remember what we scored this on a one to ten and it was one to ten? Lemonade Shots?
Speaker 1: Your turn? What did you get me?
Speaker 3: That was lemonade shots? Was there like mockup of the soda care?
Speaker 1: I think so? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, oh this was a middle man for me.
Speaker 1: I think it was for me too.
Speaker 2: Remember because they started like banging and then they just started there's no practice.
Speaker 1: There was a lot I didn't like.
Speaker 2: I said, well, it just said this is They had done a better version of this already, which was the high school Rock Band or whatever that one was called that I liked so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to say, I probably gave this like a six point five.
Speaker 2: I think I went lower than that. I'm gonna say I gave it six lemonade shots.
Speaker 4: Oh well, you both are wrong. Will you gave it a seven point five? He said? I liked it, I really liked music. The cast was phenomenal. Would have been an eight point five to nine had they just shown them unsal.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, I know that.
Speaker 4: Like Brina, you gave it an eight point five, and you said the music drove this movie and the acting was great. I loved it.
Speaker 2: Okay, wow, good, I'm glad that I remember giving it a worse score than that.
Speaker 3: Okay, good, I know that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Ooh, and now we come to a big one, Folks. Number five. Johnny Tsunami synopsis.
Speaker 2: Johnny Cappahala, a teen surfing sensation, is forced to move from Hawaii to a tiny ski resort town in Vermont, and when he gets caught in the middle of a long standing battle between local prep school skiers and ragtag snowboarders, his grandfather helps him become the best on the mountain and Brandon Baker's lead character, but never forget he is not Johnny Tsunami that's right. He wasn't he was like his grandfather is Johnny's right. Okay, we had a scale of one to ten hijacked military planes for this one.
Speaker 3: Why don't I even remember what that?
Speaker 1: Don't you remember?
Speaker 2: They had to they literally like, hijacked a plane from Hawaii get to get back to Hawaii. Yeah, yeah, oh my gosh, yeah, somehow broke onto a military complex.
Speaker 1: I recall scoring this high. I liked Johnny Tsunami.
Speaker 3: I still love it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say I gave this an eight point five hijacked military planes.
Speaker 3: If not a nine, I bet you I gave this a nine. All right.
Speaker 4: So Sabrina gave this a nine and she said, I love the movie back in the day and I love watching it again. Will you gave it an eight? And you just said I really like this movie.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go. I was we were close. Not too bad.
Speaker 2: Number six this movie. I remember this movie. I remember liking this movie.
Speaker 1: Minute men. Yes. Synopsis.
Speaker 2: Senior Virgil and his buddies invent the ultimate time machine, traveling back in time just far enough to alter conversations, events and interactions that led them to being unpopular at school. It stars, of course, Sir Jason Dolly with the eventual succession star Nicholas Braun.
Speaker 1: Do you remember this one, Sabrina.
Speaker 3: I remember the whites like suits.
Speaker 1: Snowsuits and jumping in the thing.
Speaker 2: We rated on a scale of one to ten principles from community.
Speaker 3: That doesn't help me at all. I try to think of I remember, Jason, you got it, you go first.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say I gave this a eight, okay, because I remember liking this movie. I do remember this cast was great, we loved him. There was a couple problems with it. But I think I'm going to say seven point five to eight principles from community. I gave this I liked him in a man memory serves.
Speaker 3: I think I remember liking it as well, but I honestly can't remember. All I remember is those like space looking suits. That's it, the white version of the Eaty Go Home suits with what'd you give it? I remember liking it. I'll go with seven point five safe all right, Well you both gave it a six.
Speaker 1: Oh well, you.
Speaker 4: Said I had some issues with this movie. Love the cast, but hate it's some of the characters. Sabrina said, it wasn't horrible, love the actors had some plot holes.
Speaker 1: Okay, God, we got to remember some of these movies, but we knew it.
Speaker 3: This isn't that between six.
Speaker 1: I know it's the middle ones. It's the middle one number seven.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna get into a little a little farm dcom called cow Bells. Synopsis super spoiled rich girls Taylor and Courtney Callum are forced to take summer jobs at the family's dairy farm and struggle to balance the pressures of popularity, cute boys, and the pain of responsibility.
Speaker 1: Starring the Great.
Speaker 2: Ali and Aj Mishatka. We scored this one on a scale of one to ten. Expired yogurts. Do you remember why we picked expired yogurts? Do you remember the story? She was like she was marking them wrong, wasn't she? So it was like, oh, yes, yeah, what was your guest for the score? Now here's I have to give give our beautiful listeners a little inside information on why we're even doing this because producer Tara Lovely, thank you so much for helping us, told us that when Ali and Aj came on, they asked us what we scored Cowbells, and we were like, oh, we liked cowbells. We scored it high, and then the guitar was like, no you didn't and no you didn't. So I think that's one of the reasons we're doing this. I think we scored it lower than we told them we did. Sorry, Ali and aj you guys are the best in the world, But I guess we scored it a little lower than we told you we did. So I'm going to say we're in the five or six range.
Speaker 3: I remember there being a lot of like like plot hole type things. It was more so there were gaps and there's things that didn't make sense. They Yeah, it was very much like Fielball moment I loved in the Factory. That stands out to me.
Speaker 2: And this is just Stu Kreeger script. But this was one that I don't think we liked very much. I'm going to say it's between five and six expired yogurts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to say I probably this was probably a six for me.
Speaker 4: Okay, so will Well you gave it four point five.
Speaker 1: Oh, you said.
Speaker 4: Too much wrong with the story, too weird for me, but great actors. Okay, Brina, you gave it a six. You said I need a little bit more but those girls were so beyond talented.
Speaker 2: Okay, there we go, so we love them. Yeah four point five, that might have been harsh.
Speaker 1: I gotta watch it again. Yeah all right, and now we are now going to slam dunk on synopsis.
Speaker 2: Twin freshman basketball start started.
Speaker 1: Twin freshman basketball stars.
Speaker 2: Heather, who's a diehard athlete and Heidi, whose real love is fashion, transfer to a Pasha La High school where they're thirty five years old, surrounded by eight year olds and now must contend with teammates who consider them outsiders, their own budding rivalry, and their father's dreams of obtaining college scholarships. We've got Poppy and Roe as Heather Burge and Annie mccleughan as Heidi Burge, plus Mackenzie Phillips played their mom, and we spoke to the actual women this movie was based on.
Speaker 1: We rated the System one out of ten Triple d's. I don't even want to know why the hell I don't know. I'm sure it made sense when we did it. What did we decide? Now?
Speaker 2: This is one I catch a lot for and stand by it. All of our producers were like, you are crazy. Double Teamed is better than the Godfather Too is the greatest film that's ever been made in the history of the world, and it's just not I think I was somewhere around the four to five range, and I stand by that score.
Speaker 3: Yeah, mainly because the biggest thing that we had an issue with is they were playing them as identical twins when they were.
Speaker 1: Two in their playing playing high school kids.
Speaker 3: It was like, there's so many things. There was a lot of problems with this film. Oh gosh, I I know I wasn't as low as you.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I think I probably again was like a six.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, so will you to five point five than quote was quote? This was not a great movie?
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: Serna was a six and she said not a great movie. This didn't do it for me, though I remember loving it at the time. Now I want Disney to make it again.
Speaker 1: There we go.
Speaker 2: I can see that it should be with the Jonas brothers playing identical twins. I think it's great, all right, And now we come to we have two Left, arguably the greatest film we've ever reviewed in any way, shape or form. Number nine fuzz Bucket synopsis Invisible to everyone but twelve year old Mikey Fuzzbucket is a wise and caring creature who helps the boy through his first day of junior high and a handful of family squabbles. We spoke to Robin Lively about being in this movie, even if she didn't really want to, and we scored it on a scale of one to ten tickle fits.
Speaker 1: What were our scores? I can't remember if I scored this high as a joke.
Speaker 2: I mean, obviously it's We started with the one that had Mike Eisner's opening, which we heard took like seventy five takes to.
Speaker 1: Do, yes, and the movie is it's just.
Speaker 2: An acid trip. I mean it's like you're on ayahuasca. I mean it's just the craziest, weirdest And.
Speaker 3: Then we come to find out a lot of that makes sense because and then also there was no closing to the movie.
Speaker 1: Really no, it was supposed to be a pilot.
Speaker 3: It was supposed to be a pilot, so very open and forty five minutes it was so like we thought, Remember we both were searching because we thought there was a part two we couldn't find.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's got to be it's got to be three to four tickle fits, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, I would think it. Mine would be five.
Speaker 1: Okay, four point five? Four, I'll go with four tickle fits?
Speaker 2: What do we got?
Speaker 4: Tara oh Man, all right, so will you gave it three point five? Okay, there is no story, it's bad. And Sabrina you to two point five? Oh my gosh, she said there were no answers to anything.
Speaker 1: Yes, a two point five.
Speaker 3: By the way, getting a chance to hang out with Robin Lively during the Disneyland, going around the park with her and her kids, and oh.
Speaker 2: My god, did you did you turn to her and say we gave you two point five tickle fits?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: During the riot.
Speaker 3: I didn't bring up fuzzbucket again, just the one time that you did, and I thought that was enough for her. She didn't seem to be too.
Speaker 1: No, no, she's not.
Speaker 2: And finally, our last film, number ten quints synopsisays young Jamie Grover is fed up with being the center of her parents' universe, so when she wishes for less attention and her mom gives birth to quintuplets, things drastically changed. We hated this one on the scale of one to ten. Don knots cameos. I'm assuming it's because don Knats was in it. I don't remember, Uh what did we actually rank quints?
Speaker 1: If memory serves, we didn't love this.
Speaker 3: Movie, and she is awesome. She was great, though. I remember the whole time, we're thinking like, because she did a lot. Remember this was the one where she broke the fourth wall quite a bit. Yeah, and we were like, she did it really well. It wasn't weird. It was good, but the.
Speaker 1: Parents are really bad.
Speaker 2: And then there was a whole thing at the end where they just like jumped into a car or something.
Speaker 1: It was really.
Speaker 3: Strange, strange, strange writing. I guess maybe you're just strange.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to say I gave it five don Knots cameos, and I can't even remember if don.
Speaker 1: Knots was in it.
Speaker 3: I think I did six don Knots cameos.
Speaker 4: You both gave it five point five? Okay, Will said Kimberly, save this movie because she was so good. These parents were such bad parents, said Kimberly, was great. It was so confusing. I didn't like the freeze frames.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's right, the freeze frames. Yes, okay, well that was fun.
Speaker 2: By the way, I don't want to ask anybody out there to rate Magical Rewine on a scale of one to ten. I don't want to know. I don't want to know. But this was a ton of fun. I think we did better than I thought we would. Frankly, there's only one or two we were horribly off on. Yeah, and since we're approaching a hundred movies, that's not too bad.
Speaker 3: No, that's a lot.
Speaker 1: So I think that's good. That's a lot of movies, and I think we should do it again to keep us in check.
Speaker 2: So thank you everybody for joining us on this little sojourney of trying to figure out what our memories are like and what's going on and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: It was fun and we're going to do it again.
Speaker 2: And remember you can follow us on social media at Magical rewind pod and use the holiday break to catch up on all our interviews over the past two years and almost one hundred dcom recaps. We have spoken to some like truly some Disney legends. You don't believe us, Why would we lie? Well we would, but not about this. Just search for Magical Rewind on any audio streaming service and check it out. So we're going to see you next time next year, starting again, we're gonna have some great ones.
Speaker 1: And yeah, we're starting right with the Cheetah.
Speaker 2: Girls going in with a bang people, hopefully, or it's gonna suck. I guess we're gonna find out. Thanks everybody, and we'll see you next time.
Speaker 3: Bye bye