Speaker 1: Transmitting this.
Speaker 2: Hope you had a great weekend. Welcome to Monday Show Morning Studio Morning. Big fire happens, house burns down.
Speaker 3: It sucks.
Speaker 2: They're trying to figure out what happened with a stove left on, curling iron, left on, electrical short none of that. It turns out there was a stupid squirrel that chewing through a line, electrical line at the house.
Speaker 3: Spark boom.
Speaker 2: House goes up, dang, completely out of everyone's control. That's not something that you can keep from happening. Yeah, right, unless that you cover your wires better. But a Florida family is starting over after their house burned down due to a fire caused by a squirrel chewing through electrical wires.
Speaker 3: Did the squirrel make it? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't Maybe maybe that's how they knew that the squirrel had done it.
Speaker 3: There's a fried squirrel next to the.
Speaker 1: It's get out a little out of there.
Speaker 4: Rodent damage in my car, like a significant amount of damage that was not cheap at all, and it was the cause was rodent, Like they put that on the assessment.
Speaker 1: Like when I got the they were like, cause.
Speaker 3: I bet those rodents didn't die though, No.
Speaker 4: Yeah, shooting, thankfully, but they caused a lot of damage.
Speaker 2: This family, Donnie and Stacey and their kids and their pets, were sleeping in their home right before the fire began on January thirty.
Speaker 3: First. This is from WMBB quote. We were all asleep.
Speaker 2: I heard a break or flip in the back, so I got to see what the noise was, and I heard the sound rustling in the attic, and then I smelled an electrical smell. So I walk and woke everybody up. I said, hey, everybody, wake up, let's get out of the house.
Speaker 3: And they're out. Next thing you know, the house goes up in flames.
Speaker 2: Wow. And so when they go to figure it out, it was a squirrel. That's crazy because there's really nothing you can do about that.
Speaker 3: No. I wonder why the squirrel chews wires, Like.
Speaker 5: Does it feel good on their teeth or do they think it's like licorice?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: What are they?
Speaker 2: Why are they chewing wires If I teeth like that, I'd be looking to use them on whatever. Yeah, like these tools, why not use them? It's like, if you're tall, why not done.
Speaker 4: There's this one guy on TikTok He takes care of squirrels and he takes them to the dentist.
Speaker 3: Have you all seen this guy? Stupid? I don't even know what this guy.
Speaker 1: Needs a stock, it's so cute.
Speaker 4: He has a little cage and he traps them and he takes them in and they.
Speaker 3: Have to get to those what is this again?
Speaker 4: It's obviously a veterinarian. But they put a little gas mask on the swirrel they pass out and they do the dental work and then that way because what happens is when their teeth aren't whatever's going on with their teeth, they can't. They're not going to be able to survive because they need their teeth to be able to eat. And squirrels get some I don't know damage, there's something that can be done, and he helps the squirrels get it done.
Speaker 2: Good for him, Good for him. I feel like that's energy being used there they can I mean, and this guys like using better places.
Speaker 3: But now I like it. I do like it. Don't be a.
Speaker 4: Manly man like he He does not look like he'd be trapping squirrels and taking them to get their teeth done.
Speaker 2: Squirrels chew on wires to file down. They're constantly growing teeth. Wow, the teeth grow and they chew on wires, in addicts, vehicles, and polls because the material is durable or it's super convenient. But again, it is just that because their teeth won't stop growing, and they're filing them down a little bit.
Speaker 4: Okay, that must be what he's catching them to do. Their teeth are out of control and they need to be filed down.
Speaker 2: A guy tried to hire a friend to help him murder his ex, and two minutes she dated after him. Okay, so there's a guy he's up his buddy, Hey, you mind murdering doing some murdering for me? If somebody doesn't have a history of doing some murdering, I would never ask somebody to do some murdering.
Speaker 1: His friend had a history of murdering.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So Eric forty one years old, was on Facebook and he messaged Steven, an old school friend he had not spoken to in years. He said, hey, quit me up on Tuesday. He's like, I hadn't seen you in a while. Okay, they get together. He said, I gave five thousand bucks to help murder my ex and then two other men. The guy obviously was not a murderer because he was so shocked he went to the place immediately. Oh my gosh, Like, you got to know if you're going to ask somebody to do some murder, and they've probably done some murdering, have been close to murder, and some murderer's not crazy to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not just like your craziest friend or just like from the first person that'll answer right.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He was busted on Wednesdays. He was getting into an uber. He had a duffel bag with them and a loaded gun, cocaine, and cash. He was charged with three counts of criminal solicitation for murder, three counts of attempted to murder, three counts of terroristic threats, three counts of recklessly endangering another person, among other charges.
Speaker 3: New York Post see, I'd be worried if he ever got out of jail.
Speaker 2: He tried to hire somebody to kill the guy who turned him in. Yep, and hopefully that guy would turn him in. But what a weird message. Hey, I haven't heard for me wire. Yeah, I'd love to get together.
Speaker 4: So I think it's gonna be really hard to find someone to murder three people for five thousand dollars so it's.
Speaker 3: A low rate.
Speaker 2: But so I'll meet you the puffy muff one can't wait to see what we're going to talk about.
Speaker 3: Hey, manum doing some murdering for me. Zane Malick, you know that is Amy?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, he's in one of the boy bands.
Speaker 3: Was Yeah, that was first one to leave One direction One direction.
Speaker 2: And so now he's doing a residency in Vegas and they had asked him because he has a young daughter and she lost a tooth. We you think he gives her for the let me let me do this again. Uh, what do you think the tooth fairy drops by the.
Speaker 1: House and how.
Speaker 4: Okay to give her one tooth one tooth? It's got to be something crazy. This wouldn't be a story.
Speaker 3: Who knows?
Speaker 2: Tooth very different everywhere because it could be the tooth fair could be so cheap and you're like, you got to know if you're going by Saint Malex house to be right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do you give? What you.
Speaker 1: Like? A dollar?
Speaker 3: What did your tooth? I guess I'm struggling here. Tooth fairy gave a dollar.
Speaker 1: That's what he chose to do.
Speaker 3: Oh, mine's a girl. Yeah, I think any fairies I told you.
Speaker 1: I grew up with el you Kneffer. He's a man.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: My toothairy's up to five dollars now is bizarre, zaying.
Speaker 2: Malick says his tooth fairy gave his daughter seven hundred dollars seven.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I was going to guess one hundred, and I was even thinking that's so ridiculous. I can't even say that.
Speaker 3: That's not I mean, what's the tooth fairy doing that's not good for the child? She did seven hundred dollars?
Speaker 1: Understand what that is?
Speaker 3: What seven hundred dollars? Yes they do.
Speaker 4: No, No, I don't think that they have a concept of the know, it's a lot of money.
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm, Like yeah, yeah, I think when it came.
Speaker 4: To them, a hundred would be a lot. So like, why make it seven hundred? I break so many teeth. I wonder if I just put under the pillow, see what happens? Yeah, because I got like teeth issues and head veneers. But Super half way come by and drop it off of my own super Yeah whatever, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 4: It's weird to me. Nobody else knows about oh you of her. This is just an internal family thing.
Speaker 3: We're cool with keeping it that way. It's a lot of a sin bo, A lot of a sin bo. Here's a question to be well, Hello, Bobby Bones, have a question.
Speaker 2: What is something about you that most people get completely wrong?
Speaker 3: Signed? Here for the plot twist? To me, this is pretty easy about me.
Speaker 2: It's I think most people expect that I have a big ball of energy. Once I am out in public, like or even in a group setting, I'm usually the one that's not talking at all, So I would say that's it. I also get when people meet me, Hey, you're a lot taller than I thought. I like that one.
Speaker 3: That's a good one. Yeah you say really like that.
Speaker 1: I just know that you get that a lot.
Speaker 3: I get that a lot.
Speaker 1: You get that a lot.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you're a lot taller than I thought.
Speaker 3: Why are you being a hater? You are You're being a hater.
Speaker 1: I feel like you're getting me wrong right now.
Speaker 3: I'm a solid six to one. Thank you. You want to driver's license? Yes or no? You want to see driver's license? Yes or no.
Speaker 1: I'm aware that you can just tell them.
Speaker 3: What I can't say six five. They're going to know I'm lying.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, but I mean, if you just like bump it up a little bit.
Speaker 3: They're not going to know male six one eyes hazel.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And when you're getting that, they're like, what color your eyes?
Speaker 1: Hazel? How tall are you? Six to one?
Speaker 3: But it's official right there though, yea.
Speaker 1: But they don't measure you.
Speaker 2: But they would know if I was lying, and you can tell on my face anyway.
Speaker 3: You'd be a such a hater.
Speaker 1: I'm not. You're taller than I thought.
Speaker 3: Why did you say it? Like what, I didn't expect you to be so tall?
Speaker 1: I didn't know that's what they say.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh wow, i'd expect you to be so tall.
Speaker 4: Gosh, I didn't expect you to be so tall.
Speaker 3: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: I's stocking, My doctor and my driver's license all have down six foot one?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: What would you put me at six foot?
Speaker 1: In a little bit?
Speaker 3: That would be the one.
Speaker 1: I don't know that.
Speaker 4: I put a solid, little clear six foot yeah, like you're definitely six foot.
Speaker 1: But I wouldn't. I just wouldn't say that. I look at you and think like, wow, he's.
Speaker 4: So tall, but they so does that mean in pictures they think you're like five eight?
Speaker 2: Well, if I'm standing next to people like Blake Shelton or Trace Atkins and they're monsters.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but how often?
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, how tall are you?
Speaker 1: How tall is Eddie?
Speaker 3: I'm six foot?
Speaker 1: Okay, he's who you're next to a lot in pictures.
Speaker 3: Okay, you want to stand next to me?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: No, I do people say to you you're taller than I thought?
Speaker 3: I've never gotten that. How did they say it to you? Again?
Speaker 2: So if we're like taking a picture or something like, dang, you're taller than I thought.
Speaker 3: Huh. I don't know why it's so funny.
Speaker 1: I know neither. I'm five six. Ray and I are the same.
Speaker 3: Why why.
Speaker 2: Ray wasn't even in this conversation He's back there like pushing the button.
Speaker 1: Over the years, Ray and I have gone back to bragging.
Speaker 4: We have measured multiple times because he shries to say that he's taller than five six.
Speaker 3: But he's not even in this conversation.
Speaker 4: This is what people and he might even be five to eleven.
Speaker 2: Now that he's six ft solid six foot?
Speaker 3: Does Ray get like, Wow, you're shorter than I thought? Hey, what do you get?
Speaker 2: I gotta be real because you guys ragging me so much for being short. When people meet me, they say, wow, you're taller than I about.
Speaker 3: So morgan'st the shortest of all of us, which.
Speaker 1: Is who's five No, guys, I'm five foot and three fourths.
Speaker 3: Of one inch, so basically five to one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, basically, okay, so now we know how you do them.
Speaker 3: But I'm not going to say five foot in three fourths every time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you said yours is a solid one.
Speaker 2: And Morgan's five to one, and then Amy and Ray are five to six. Lunchbox probably five to ten, five eleven. I don't know if I got her five eleven. Actually, Eddie's six foot even close and I'm six one, not close.
Speaker 1: We should measure lunchbox.
Speaker 3: Amy's been a hit on everybody's high.
Speaker 1: I just I just told Eddie.
Speaker 4: Five eleven six foot, you're probably five eleven.
Speaker 2: He's taller Eddie, just taller Eddie, lunch that's a good question.
Speaker 3: I don't want to do.
Speaker 4: I guess Eddie because he's saying he's six ft and Lunch saying.
Speaker 3: The government is saying no.
Speaker 1: Do you realize you tell the government.
Speaker 2: Don't want to go to jail because the government bust and he goes. We need to check and see if you're telling the truth, and I don't want to go to jail because I lied on it.
Speaker 4: I feel like over the years that you have insinuated that you just make it six one.
Speaker 1: You said that, no insinuated anyway, So that was it.
Speaker 3: People are like, you're so tall.
Speaker 4: Wow, Wow, You're way taller than I expected.
Speaker 2: Mostly it's that people expect me to be the live of the party, which I'm not. And then I wasn't even saying that to get a reaction. People just say you're anyway. Thank you for the email. You can email us anytime. Just hit up to email address. What is it, Morgan mailbag, Bobbybones dot COMCT Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 3: Amy.
Speaker 2: We're now at week three of the Sound Reset Challenge, brought to you by Audible. Audible's well Being collection has everything to inspire and support you in every step of your well being journey. What's going on this week?
Speaker 4: Well, this week we're talking compassion and this weekly challenge is inspired by my conversation with Dan Harris and his book ten Percent Happier, available on Audible. And your three week challenge is add some compassion. Now that you've had a practice of your own, let's try what Dan calls meta meditation, where you add thoughts of love and compassion into your practice. This week, continue to meditate for ten minutes per day. At some point in the session, bring to mind people who you'd like to send compassionate energy toward. First, think of someone that is very easy to love, and in your mind send them four phrases. May you be happy, may you be safe, may you be healthy, and may.
Speaker 1: You live with ease.
Speaker 4: Then move on to family members, a mentor, the planet, and even people who are more difficult. Keep it up with new people every day and notice how it affects you throughout the week. To hear my full conversation with Dan Harris, head to Bobbybones dot com and for more of his journey with mindfulness, listen to his book Ten Percent Happier only on Audible.
Speaker 2: Listen in next week for your Week four Sound Reset challenge. Kickstart your wellbeing journey with your first audiobook for you. When you sign up for a thirty day trial at audible dot com. Membership is fourteen ninety five a month after thirty days cancel anytime. This daycare worker was giving toddler's laxative so the toddler would be sent home, so this daycare worker didn't have to deal with them.
Speaker 3: Oh my, oh that's why.
Speaker 2: So this daycare worker in Saint Charles, Illinois been charged with giving laxative to toddlers.
Speaker 3: And he.
Speaker 2: Would say it was candy a dude. Well the name is Zelle. I don't know what that is. I just assume it was a dude. And you know, so this feels like a dude thing, totally Yazelle Warez reportedly wanted kids to get six they'd be sent home. It's and it says, I guess he's as a woman. I don't know why is Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean I feel like a woman could do this.
Speaker 3: You do? Yeah?
Speaker 2: One parents that are seventeen month old suffered from diarrhea for two months before they learned what was happening.
Speaker 3: They just thought the kid was always sick, over and over and over.
Speaker 1: Terrible.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: She faces charge of attempt to aggravate a battery and child endangerment from Law and Crime.
Speaker 3: If you hate kids that much working there, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: What would you do if this was your daycare? Would you pull them out? Or would you just want it to be fixed with that person?
Speaker 4: That person needs to be fired for sure, because finding a daycare, getting into a daycare, a daycare that is, you know, in good proximity to where you live or work like that can be difficult.
Speaker 1: So I guess to just depend on my circumstances. What I would do.
Speaker 3: Would you give a bad review?
Speaker 4: Uh m, it sucks because this was one.
Speaker 3: Employee, Yes, you'd give them a bad review. No.
Speaker 2: I struggle with giving my delivery drivers bad reviews, even when they suck, and they've been sucking lately. I struggle because I think, bad day, I don't know what's going on in Alive, and I don't think I would give this place a bad review. They just fire the person, and then I think we're going to be okay because I don't think it was a fundamental part of that their child development at Staycare right, Well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I obviously they didn't know she was doing it. Now, if they knew the whole time and they were okay with it, yeah, then that's some problem.
Speaker 3: What would you do, Lunchbucks? Oh, I would sue.
Speaker 8: I'd sue one hundred percent, try to get my name on that daycare.
Speaker 3: Take it over.
Speaker 2: You know, just because you sue doesn't me you're gonna get an money, especial if it's DACA. When they don't have much money, all they do is go, we're bankrupt. We followed our business, We're done. You're happy with You get no money and you don't even name on the daycare the bill, it wouldn't exist.
Speaker 1: He said, he's going to take it over.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just because you sue and win doesn't really mean you're getting money, especially if they don't have any money.
Speaker 8: Well, then I'm definitely writing a negative review of my kids out of there.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's different. And whoever that person is civil court? Huh civil court? Civil court?
Speaker 2: Same if she doesn't have any money, you can't really squeeze mount and do a return it right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: But I mean they can garner her way just for the rest of her life.
Speaker 8: And what's crazy is I read that headline and I didn't understand, like, oh, she gave him the laxative so she wouldn't have to take care of them. I'm like, no, that means she would have to take care of him more of it. Then I remembered the when it's the you know that liquidity, they do get sent home, and I.
Speaker 3: Did the whole bool shut down and that happens. No, just that kid, get a call, bro fools clothes.
Speaker 2: Also remember on Lunchbox's daycare trying to call him, get a hold of him for hours.
Speaker 3: I was napping because he was taking you know who? They called Eddie's wife they did? Yeah? Why odd?
Speaker 8: Because I think she was one of the phone numbers on the to call, like Marke, get a hold the mom or dad.
Speaker 3: Did you wake up and you see a bunch of numbers on your phone? Well, no, I heard it, really a bunch of calls on your phone.
Speaker 8: But I had just got I think we had just got back from iHeart, and so I needed a rest that day and my wife's and my wife was out of town, and so I knew that I if I didn't get sleep, I couldn't go pick him up right then.
Speaker 3: So I had to ignore the call. So did my wife pick him up?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: She called me and you answer her call? No? No, I didn't.
Speaker 8: It was like an hour and a half later when I got up and your wife had called me and the daycare had called.
Speaker 3: Me, and I was like, oh, I'm sorry, I didn't. I just missed the call. Yep. Wow, So what do they do with your kid? What? Was wrong with your kid? Okay, so what do they do with them the whole time?
Speaker 8: They take him out of the class and put him like behind the front desk, like with the receptionist.
Speaker 3: Son't get the other kids sick? Got it? What'd you learn from that?
Speaker 8: I didn't really learn anything. I just learned that you know, hey, they don't. You're not gonna get in trouble if you don't go get him right away.
Speaker 3: That's what you learned. It's time for the good news.
Speaker 2: On Friday morning in Stuart, Florida, this guy's on his way to work. His name is Logan. He sees a car on the side of the road. But it looks weird because the car isn't a pond on the side of the road. He's like, am I seeing this right? And so he slows his car down, pulls over and sees the car is actually sinking in a pond. He runs toward the car. He jumps into the pond. He swims out to the car. The car was still above water a little bit or the back passenger door because the nose tends to go to first and go down and so it's sinking, and so he jumps in, opens the car door which is hard to pull open because there's water holding it, and goes in and pulls her out.
Speaker 3: Oh, he sees it. It's just crazy.
Speaker 2: He sees it while driving, slows down, understands it, and then takes off tour to all on foot and all this like right moment, right time. Oh yeah, she's pregnant too, by the way.
Speaker 3: Oh whoa. I was gonna ask if she was the only one in the car, but I guess not. Well, in her body, there were two people.
Speaker 2: So he said he's comfortable in the water because he works as a like a private fishing boat captain. He's never performed to rescue like this before. He was swimming her back to shore. That's when he realizes she's pregnant, and so he made sure that she stayed up upward anyway, that he didn't put too much on her to swim. And so then they're like, okay, we got her, She's okay. And then she had like she gave birth like a few hours later. Are you serious at the Florida Lawood Hospital. Yeah, hours after the rescue. That's crazy. Oh okay, probably some of that trauma, Oh yeah, paused it. So I've had some people now that are like very very pregnant or like what you go sink somewhere.
Speaker 1: To get to induce this, you have to be in a traumatic situation.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he saved it. That's all that's wild. That's from WPBF. That's what it's all about. That was tell me something good. We think about chivalry? Do you like it? Is there a limit of it?
Speaker 9: You like?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 1: And I like it? That's no limit really.
Speaker 4: I mean I think you can maybe go over the top a little too much. If you need to like pull my chair out everywhere we go, that might be a little much.
Speaker 1: I don't mind you getting.
Speaker 2: The car door, see you like a good amount, But what if you guys like I'm never letting you pay for anything. You are only standing on this side of me? You well that part well, you.
Speaker 4: Mean because he wants to stand on the side closest to the street so I don't get hit by the car first.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I always thought that was kind of weird though, because the car is gonna hit and like go rogue unto the sidewalk. It's probably not just clipping the outside person.
Speaker 3: But I get it.
Speaker 4: I like that because sometimes I'll end of that and then it's like, you know, he swoops in and is like you stand over here, I've got you.
Speaker 2: They had this whole thing. Are women still into chivalry? And you would say, generally, yeah, what are the top three things a guy can do for you? There's chivalrous?
Speaker 1: Well, that the street thing.
Speaker 4: If you're cold, give you his jacket, even though he might be what.
Speaker 3: If you're still cold, will you accept his shirt?
Speaker 1: Wait? That would be weird. I don't need to.
Speaker 3: He's out there cutting glass.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to do that, okay, not that there's a lemon and then yeah, I mean I can favor myself, but.
Speaker 3: But but that's part of you don't need that level.
Speaker 4: No, you just said if he wants to pay for everything like that, okay, Like I'm fine, I know I can pay for it. I'll just put that money away, thank you.
Speaker 2: An overwhelming majority of women eighty five percent like it when a man a chivalrous because it is a what.
Speaker 4: It's just what, Okay, it's a it's nice. Like I understand some women that just if if they're not attracted to that, I try to understand where they're coming from.
Speaker 1: But I don't get it.
Speaker 2: The top chivalrous things women enjoy one ensuring they get home safe. Oh yeah, so again, this is just a little nitpicky thing I have about this. If you're going to actually take her home or it's hard to say, like watch her go home, it feels creepy. I get it, But text me when you get home doesn't count as being chivalrius and like looking out for her.
Speaker 4: They may call and be like, hey, I just want to make sure you made it home, okay.
Speaker 1: Or I want to look for you on life three sixty.
Speaker 2: Oh if you're sharing your place with them after like three dates, oh, i'd worry they're going to come to your house and hard are you uh yeah, yeah, okay, Okay.
Speaker 3: Number two is helping with heavy things.
Speaker 1: M that's nice, that's what that's show. Rist Like you're telling me. Men are just.
Speaker 4: Well in a way where y'all are typically stronger. I know there's some women that are stronger than some men. Okay, fine, but generally speaking, a man is going to be stronger than me and he I'm want to carry the table.
Speaker 2: Why why are you carrying a table or whatever?
Speaker 4: But something heavy or a heavy box, and he's going to just stand by and watch.
Speaker 1: No, thank you.
Speaker 2: So I don't even think that has to be chivalrous. Like if I see a white it's not romantic, and she's like, I get.
Speaker 4: That, that's what I mean, Like that doesn't seem chivalrous to me. That just seems like genetically speaking, it makes more sense that you come offer to help.
Speaker 3: Is chivalry only romantic?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 3: I never thought.
Speaker 4: About this, No, because I think that like I feel like I'm just being nice and I'm opening the door for a woman.
Speaker 3: Is that called chivalry or is that just being I think it's chivalry or like.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, it doesn't have to be romantic because you can you can pay for things for me.
Speaker 5: I held the door for someone the other day and they said, oh, chivalry is still alive.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, I don't know what that means. They thought you wanted to get with someone. No, I hope not.
Speaker 2: Another one is showing them you're thinking of them.
Speaker 4: Okay, that just sounds like being intentional, like that can go both ways.
Speaker 2: When people check in. This is something that I don't understand, but I do understand that people like it. Like I'll get a text on somebody going, hey, just checking in, what's what's What's happening. I don't get it.
Speaker 1: That's just connection.
Speaker 3: Isn't that just going hey, don't forget about me?
Speaker 1: Then checking in on you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I'm not going to like pour anything into that and be like, oh, I'm glad you checked in.
Speaker 3: Well a torm a rectum.
Speaker 4: So wait, hold on, you think that's them saying don't forget about.
Speaker 2: Me kind of, But but I know it's not because but I never just go, hey, I'm just checking in on you, because they're not going to tell me anything deep anyway, or I'd already have a very close relationship with him, And then I feel like they're just going, why is he texting me?
Speaker 1: Just checking because you're you're t out if it's a random person.
Speaker 2: But it's just somebody I know, like maybe I haven't seen him in six months, and I'm like, hey, just checking in.
Speaker 3: What does that even mean?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, six months, that's that's a little weird to just check in.
Speaker 3: If I checked in on you, I would know that you have something going on. We're close. I go, amy, hey, check in you good?
Speaker 4: Right like when my power was out, Hey you're good, or like I'm different, but why it is pregnant. So sometimes randomly if I haven't even talked to her for a week, I'll be like.
Speaker 1: Hey, checking in. What's like how?
Speaker 4: And that means like, how are you feeling? I know that you're pregnant, do you need anything? Like you were out of town and I just wanted to like check in because.
Speaker 2: Checked in with Jay Shannon, who was our program director for years and years.
Speaker 4: Maybe you would say something more long lines of Hey, I was just thinking about you.
Speaker 3: Any thinks I want to get with them? It's a risky man sing, or.
Speaker 4: You came up in conversation and I've been curious how you're doing.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: What I understand is that I don't understand about checking in because I think it comes from a good place and I think it's a hey, I was thinking to you. But I never would send a text to somebody going hey, just checking in, just seeing what's up.
Speaker 3: I would just be thinking about them and wondering.
Speaker 2: But if I really wondered what was up with them, I'd ask a specific question, like, Hey, was wondering, I know you had.
Speaker 3: That gout problem. How's that going? Right? You know? But I do know I'm wrong on this.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know that you're wrong when now you're assigning like a timeline that has, you know, like six months attached.
Speaker 3: To it or a couple of years just checking in.
Speaker 1: I thought you were just saying, like just checking.
Speaker 3: In at my Instagram, like what's up? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I mean if if you just haven't talked to him in a couple of weeks, then you can check in.
Speaker 2: Planning dates is chivalrous according to this, things like and then paying for meals. Yes, what if I'm gonna ask you this and I'll finish on this. You're walking, it had been raining, there's a puddle, and your boyfriend goes hold on it, takes a check out of lays it on top of the puddle so you can walk over it.
Speaker 4: Hey, yeah, is that that somewhere? No, it's not real because also I would be like, you're it's kind of an idiot, okay, because like what you're now your now your coat's.
Speaker 1: Wet, Like I can leap over the puddle. What would be really sweet if seat sweeps you up.
Speaker 4: Off your feet and then carries it takes you up like he's walking across the Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you wouldn't like that either. What I would love that no, you would just go I could have walked around the puddle. I know, but like in a moment of like whimsy, if you just like did that, that.
Speaker 1: Would be cute.
Speaker 3: Again, he's trying to get with you right then.
Speaker 2: If he's doing that take out, it's talking to Blake Shelton about what would be a realistic perfect day for him.
Speaker 9: Perfect day is in Oklahoma at the ranch when is there and the boys, and the boys are outside doing things. You know, it makes me happy to see him just out messing around. It is simple and that sounds It's just makes me happy and it's not hot.
Speaker 3: I'll take five degrees over one hundred degrees.
Speaker 2: So a realistic perfect day in your mind, So I'll go first. I think we'd be in fan of Ville. It'd be a Saturday. It'd be a three pm Razorback Game house in Fayeville. I don't want the eleven o'clock game.
Speaker 3: That sucks.
Speaker 2: I don't want the night game because I hate waiting all day because I'm just looking forward to the night game all day. So like a three pm game, wake up. I like to wake up and then go back to sleep. I like to wake up, eat and fall back asleep for a little bit. So I would do that and then I watch games and then walk over to the tailgate like an hour and a half before the games go. We win, We beat the crap out of Ole miss or LSU, and then we go to a nice dinner after the game at like eight pm. The weather it's one of those where it's not cold. It's like fifty eight. It's long sleeves, but it never is super cold. So we get that big win afternoon game in Fayetteville football season.
Speaker 3: That's my perfect day.
Speaker 2: And Oklahoma's off that week, so caylyn'st I try to watch on her phone. Oh, she's totally focused on Arkansas winning the game, and so that would be my perfect day that I really could have Amy.
Speaker 4: I would wake up and call Ad, probably a summer morning at my sister's house, and we would have coffee on her back deck by the river, and then later we would go on a hike, and then we would head over to the spa and get some massages, and then maybe we sit by her fire and read a little bit, and then at some point either she's cooking because she's an amazing cook, or we just order Thai food or something and we eat in and then that's when the rest of the family shows up, like my kids, her kids and everybody. They always have tons of people sitting around their dining room table, like you have to pull up chairs and squeeze everybody in. And I love that feeling. And maybe after that we curl up and watch a movie.
Speaker 3: Could you make that day happen?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we could do that.
Speaker 2: And I feel like I could do most of mine except getting the wind. Yeah right, that's what the last few is. Arkansas football. I'm not sure I can make all the rest of that happen.
Speaker 3: I just can't. I can't guarantee we get a win over all, miss or Lsu. You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mine doesn't have any sports.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Got mountains though, got mountains, yeah, Eddie, Oh, mine's wonderful.
Speaker 5: I wake up about seven thirty eight o'clock, get my cup of coffee, watch.
Speaker 3: The birds for a little bit at the bird feeder, and.
Speaker 5: Then I have an eleven o'clock tea time, so I've got to go, right, So I go play golf, drink a couple of beers, a great round. Then on the way home, I stop at the grocery store pick up some meat, because I'm about to turn the smoker on. Pick up some more beer, smoke some meat, and then we have dinner. And after dinner we play a board game with all the kids. And then I stay up late and watch a movie with my son because he loves watching movies.
Speaker 3: Could you make that happen? I can make that happen every Saturday. Lunchbikes. Oh it's easy.
Speaker 8: You wake up, have some breakfast tacos, absolutely the best breakfast on the planet. Have some breakfast tacos, head to the golf course with your buddies, and like Eddie said, you have a couple of cold ones. Then you come home after that round of golf, and what.
Speaker 3: Do I love to do? Take a nap.
Speaker 8: Take an hour and a half, two hour nap, beautiful, feeling rejuvenated. Kids, come home, play for a little bit, and then what oh, time to go to a soccer game, because you know I love to play co ed soccer at forty four years old. Get out there, score a couple of goals, come home, sit on the couch, have a night cap, and uh tell the lady ready to go ustairs?
Speaker 3: All right, right, right, right? Forgot about that? Yeah, none of you guys have that thing. Got weird that one.
Speaker 8: None of you guys, like, none of you grown adults thought about that on a perfect day.
Speaker 3: Can I change minds?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: That's embarrassing. I just didn't really talk about it.
Speaker 4: Oh right, that's a perfect day.
Speaker 3: Didn't say that. Yeah, it's weird too.
Speaker 2: That he didn't say that on a perfect day. Okay, I hope all you guys try to have that.
Speaker 4: Eddie just said he could do it every Saturday.
Speaker 3: I can do it. The golf's hard to convince my wife. I'm gonna go play golf for four hours. That's tough.
Speaker 2: And then theirs, they didn't play with each other. They're at the same golf course and they're not playing.
Speaker 3: With each other.
Speaker 2: We ignored each other. Today's President Today. It's Washington's birthday, so it's President's Day. So we celebrate all the presidents. Let's do President's Day trivia example question what kind of crop did President Jimmy Carter and his family own? Okay, write your answer down. Who's the only president born in Hawaii?
Speaker 3: I'm in. I'm in for the win. Everybody good?
Speaker 2: What founding father and future US president wrote the first draft of the Declaration of.
Speaker 3: Independence I'm in. I'm in for the win. Amy Jefferson Lunchbox, Thomas Jefferson, Eddie, TJ. Thomas Jefferson, you need to be cute. I almost wrote TJ to dude, and that's scared. What's the address at the White House?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: Man gets me every time. Man, I think I know it. Now, I'm in. I'm in for the win. Eddie, I don't know. Sixteen hundred Pennsylvania Avenue.
Speaker 8: Lunchbox, twelve hundred Pennsylvania Avenue, Amy.
Speaker 1: Sixteen hundred Pennsylvania Avenue.
Speaker 2: Correct, and Eddie appoint Wow. Who was the youngest president elected to the office?
Speaker 3: The youngest I'm in, the youngest president elected to the office. Oh, I'm in for the web.
Speaker 2: I'm in, Eddie Obama lunchbox Obama. Amy J. Kennedy is correct. He was not the youngest president though ever, how can that happen? Someone got assassinated and then that's exactly it moved up. Theodore Roosevelt was the youngest person to become president at age forty two. He assumed the position upon the death of his predecessor.
Speaker 3: I get a bonus point for that. No, Oh, he was elected.
Speaker 2: God, who is the oldest president elected to office.
Speaker 3: Oh question, I'm in, I'm in for the wind.
Speaker 1: What sing has that change?
Speaker 3: The oldest president? Am in an answer?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: Okay, What do you have Biden lunchbox? Biden, Eddie? I have Joe Biden's Donald Trump. He's old.
Speaker 2: Donald Trump was elected office at seventy eight years, two hundred and twenty eight two twenty days. Biden was seventy eight years sixty one days. They just keep getting older.
Speaker 1: It did change to him.
Speaker 2: What was the name of the theater where President Abraham Lincoln was assassinated?
Speaker 3: I'm in, I'm in.
Speaker 8: I'm in for the Williams Lunchbox, A paramount, one of my favorite theaters.
Speaker 3: Great, great theater in Austin, for sure.
Speaker 2: Not it, Amy, Ford, Eddie, It's the Ford Theater, Ford Theater, Washington, d C.
Speaker 3: That's correct.
Speaker 2: Which US president taught law at the University of Arkansas.
Speaker 3: That's it. I'm in, I'm in for the win. Amy's struggling right now, she's crossing.
Speaker 1: Have a guess, but.
Speaker 3: What do you Amy Clinton lunchbox? Obviously Clinton, Eddie, Bill Clinton.
Speaker 2: Bill Clinton taught courses including constitutional law and criminal procedure from seventy three to seventy six, after graduating from Yale and before being elected as Arkansas Attorney General. Next up, Which president is on the two dollars bill?
Speaker 3: Whoa wow? Two dollars bill? Those are the coolest things. I have not seen one of those in a bit. Got some in my house. Dang, dang, dang.
Speaker 8: And when I look at him, who's looking back at me?
Speaker 3: Two dollars bill? Five seconds? Oh? Man? Amy?
Speaker 1: George Washington?
Speaker 3: Lunchbox? Taft Eddy?
Speaker 7: I think it's the second president for the two dollars bill? John Adams smart? I would have accepted TJ. Thomas Jefferson Jay tallest president?
Speaker 3: Who was it? I'm in, I'm in. Oh, you guys are in that quick? Huh? Think we'll go that lunchbox?
Speaker 8: Ronald Reagan, Amy Lincoln, Eddy, Abraham Lincoln?
Speaker 3: Correct, Lincoln was sixty four. How do you guys know that? Would you guess? Ronald Reagan? I don't know. He looks tall. He was in the movie, so he had to be tall, right.
Speaker 2: Who was the first president to be born at a hospital in nineteen twenty four?
Speaker 3: Twenty four?
Speaker 2: Who was the first president to be born at a hospital in nineteen twenty four?
Speaker 3: Roaring twenties. I don't even have a clue. Le bout I'm in. I'm in for the whim.
Speaker 2: Amy Carter, Lunchbox taft, Eddie Warren g Harding.
Speaker 3: One of you is right, I got it. It is Carter, Jimmy Carter.
Speaker 2: Now we got two final questions where you can make up the deficit.
Speaker 3: He was born in the twenties.
Speaker 1: You have to age him to win.
Speaker 3: He was I don't know hold right now.
Speaker 2: The score is Amy eight, Eddie six, Lunchbox three. But we have two questions where you can make up a bunch of points.
Speaker 3: I love it. So you get a point for each that you get here.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Name the four US presidents on Mount Rushmore. Go okay, go ahead, just right now, name the four US presidents. Write them down on Mount Rushmore.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna lose points on lose impossible to lose points though, So the competition.
Speaker 3: I'm in. I think I'm in. Uh why not? I'm in for the win.
Speaker 8: Lunchbox Lincoln, Washington, Jefferson, Adams.
Speaker 3: You got three. Give the guy three points.
Speaker 4: Amy Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln, Roosevelt.
Speaker 3: Give her four points.
Speaker 5: Eddie Washington, Roosevelt, Abe Lincoln and TJ four points Eddie.
Speaker 3: Now here's the big one though, final question.
Speaker 8: I need to learn this, Roosevelt guy, I don't know who that is?
Speaker 3: How many rooms are in the White House? There's no I'm going to get this. So I got I'm in.
Speaker 2: Whoever's closest it's ten point, it's five points.
Speaker 3: All right? Okay, if you're going there this room? Oh yeah, yeah, you go in?
Speaker 1: I remember that rum.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah yeah that room.
Speaker 3: Remember yeah. Soon get the closest.
Speaker 1: So the secretary to that.
Speaker 3: How many rooms are the White House? Are you counting bathrooms? That's a room. I don't answer questions about questions. I'm in for the win on my tour. Are you in? I'm in? What do you have? Man? It just came to me the number as soon as you asked the question. I saw the number thirty two.
Speaker 2: Okay, over what over lunchbox?
Speaker 3: Thirty?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: Oh you mean he went over? Yeah, he went he went way over.
Speaker 1: Wait story just bedrooms?
Speaker 3: Amy? How many rooms a bedrooms? Right? What do you have?
Speaker 1: I have sixty one? And I don't know why.
Speaker 3: Oh I got to win that. You guys are not even close on hit me. But he's not even It's like you guys think it's huge. It's really not that big.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's kitchen that they're no differ is not a room.
Speaker 1: There are different The kitchen is a room.
Speaker 2: According to White House Dot go come on, baby, there are six levels.
Speaker 3: See there are thirty five bathrooms.
Speaker 2: Oh man, ed you saw thirty two because there are one hundred and thirty two rooms.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, so you are remote view ain't good for you. But Amy is the winner. It's time for the good news already. There's a store clerk in Missouri.
Speaker 5: It's just working and he sees this old man walking to the store and go to a crypto ATM. So the old man's on the phone while he's trying to get money out of the ATM, and the store clerk goes, this looks weird.
Speaker 3: So he goes up to the man and says, hey, are you you good? Like, what are you what are you working on? What are you doing?
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm on the phone with a Microsoft. They say, I have a virus on my computer and I need forty thousand dollars to transfer to these guys. And that of sound the alarm. The guy's like, I gotta call the cops. This is not real.
Speaker 3: Sure enough, he was being scammed and the store clerk saved him from being scammed.
Speaker 2: I would think anybody over forty eight walking to that machine at all, we need to stop them.
Speaker 3: There's about to be a scam. It's crypto. I've never seen an ATM like that. You probably haven't. Just didn't know that that crypto availability on it. Wow, So you can just go to that and like buy crypto. Wow. I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: So that way, if you see an old person walking up to it, I didn't know what crypto is. Yeah, exactly. That's why some of like fifty five are up. Excuse me, sir. Then there fifty five year olds to know what crypto is, but eighty gonna say go higher. I don't know, man, even like fifty, I'm like, you do you know what's happening.
Speaker 3: I've never seen one of those, so that would happen to me.
Speaker 2: If it happened to Eddie, I'd be like, Sarah, that's glad that that person was looking out good story.
Speaker 3: That's what it's all about. That was telling me something good. Wake up, wake up in the morning and it's on the radio and the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: He's on time.
Speaker 3: Already and the lunchbox.
Speaker 9: More Game two Steve Bread and it's trying to put you through bag.
Speaker 3: He's riding this week's next bit. The Bobby's on the mix, so you know what this.
Speaker 4: Is about?
Speaker 2: It ball time for the Morning Corny.
Speaker 3: The Morning Corny?
Speaker 1: Which presidents were the greenest?
Speaker 3: Like the theme greenest? I don't know the bushes? Oh okay, that was the Morning Corny voice.
Speaker 10: Now, you guys have been talking about the Elizabeth Smart documentary. I wanted to watch it. I am in my twenties, so I didn't the story, and you guys went and spoiled it. So now I feel like I don't need to watch the documentary. It was in the news, but those of us who weren't around then don't remember it. But you guys spoiled it, and I think you guys should be punished. Okay, Bye, we had this debate.
Speaker 2: It's a documentary, it's recent. I don't think we spoiled it. She's in it, she's alive, she's.
Speaker 3: The dumb nail we spoil.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, I don't agree with this at all. Someone was accusing Amy of spoiling when she watched it first.
Speaker 1: I didn't say the guy's name, but I'm not gonna say it again.
Speaker 3: News.
Speaker 1: I know. I thought that that was just.
Speaker 3: Like why, I'd love to do some punishing. I'm in the punishing mood. But it's all of us though. Yeah, but we didn't spoil it.
Speaker 2: Also, us talking about it like that still did not give away everything that makes that documentary worth watching.
Speaker 3: I think if she watched.
Speaker 2: It and then said, hmm, they said everything about that in the show. After I finished the documentary, I'm gonna call them, and you felt a way, maybe I consider it.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't think that's the case.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I still think you should push it.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's so sad though, man.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 1: They're ruined daddy's life.
Speaker 2: For moved two days terrible. Yeah, it is extremely compelling. There are some very sad parts to it. But I did think they did a great job of telling the story. It's weird to just say it's a great documentary when it's about something sad. But she lived, It's obvious she lived. It's not a spoiler because she's talking in the documentary. But it's the Elizabeth Smart documentary on Netflix. I still recommend it.
Speaker 3: Robby Bone Show. Sorry, up today.
Speaker 8: This story comes us from Denver, Colorado. Police got a nine to one one call from a driver saying, Hey, I'm downtown at this intersection. I'm waiting at the stoplight and there's a unicyclist juggling in the middle of the intersection. He said, Oh, what's he juggling. They said, oh, he's got something that's on fire. He's juggling fire in the middle of downtown. So police responded and he was like, oh, what, I'm just practicing for my act.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's what's problem?
Speaker 8: You're juggling fire in the middle of a city and there's a lot of ordinances that you can't do that.
Speaker 3: I think we need to change his ordinances. Yeah, that'd be fun.
Speaker 1: Say so he's on a uni cycle juggling.
Speaker 8: Yes, he's on a recycle sitting in the intersection juggling fire.
Speaker 2: I don't see a fine. I don't see an ordinance violation. If so, we should change it.
Speaker 4: Is he blocking traffic?
Speaker 2: Is he wearing a nose that hawks he was blocking traffic?
Speaker 4: Amy, I suppose that that's problematic. And then also if you drop one of the fire things like couldn't catch something else on fire?
Speaker 2: Oh, he's on a street. I'm looking at a picture. He's like a crosswalk.
Speaker 3: The only thing I.
Speaker 2: Guessed that would be would be a distraction if he's out there juggling. But you could distract people on the corner as well. I mean, he's going to town.
Speaker 3: He is. It's awesome. That was awesome.
Speaker 2: He should be rewarded by the city, not fined. Okay, I'm lunch boxed. That's your bonehead story of the day.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about secrets.
Speaker 4: On average, a secret lasts just forty seven hours and fifteen minutes before curiosity, trust or casual coffee chat takes over, and that's when it is whispered or so.
Speaker 2: If you tell somebody's secret, they only hold it for forty seven hour.
Speaker 1: Twenty seven hours, fifteen minutes.
Speaker 3: It's wrong with people.
Speaker 2: M h. I feel like I'm a great secret keeper because I think I forget them pretty quickly and then I can go back.
Speaker 4: I'm like, oh, yeah, I knew that at about forty seven hours.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not really a gossip now.
Speaker 4: I don't think well, speaking of gossip women, here at least three pieces of gossip per week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of don't want to know gossip because I don't want to have to deal with gossip like anything that's happening, Like you know, I'd rather not know I'm that person. The least information you can give me the better when it comes to things that don't affect me, because I don't want to like use my energy on it.
Speaker 4: A lot of people have blamed alcohol for revealing the secret. Yeah, the secrets were most likely told to spouse's boyfriends, a mother, or best friend.
Speaker 2: Is there anyone that knows they're not a good secret keeper? Because I feel like everybody thinks they are, but realistically everybody isn't.
Speaker 3: Man, I'll tell you I got one of my brother that I've never told. What is it? Good? See?
Speaker 5: And I think he told me when I was sixteen, seventeen years old.
Speaker 2: I think a little bit though, the fact that you're saying you have a secret about that specific person is a little bit of killing the secret.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you have no idea. But no, But if I was like, guys, I got someone Amy, Oh.
Speaker 8: My mother is raising like what did Amy do?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Gosh?
Speaker 4: I speaking of siblings, I have something my sister told me And I don't feel like this is weird to say but she she asked me not to say anything, like, not even to my boyfriend or anything. And that part's been I feel like it's something that would be good for my boyfriend and I'd talk about and she would never know if I told him.
Speaker 3: So we're bragging about the secrets with KEP. Yeah, a pretty good secret.
Speaker 4: I feel pretty in that I've far exceeded the forty seven hours, so I feel like once you get over that, you're likely going to keep it. And to answer your question, Bobby, part of this research, it says that even though secrets are being told, eighty three percent of people believe that they are completely trustworthy and seventy five percent claim they would never betray a friend's confidence.
Speaker 2: Right, it's probably like twenty percent the people that actually hold on to the secrets. I got some big secrets about celebrities. Yeah, yeah, like I know some they're gay.
Speaker 1: Seriously, I feel like you're saying that.
Speaker 6: Is whoa which one and I'm happy for him? Huh exactly, exactly exactly. Okay, Well, thank you everybody for listening. That's what's up. We'll see you guys tomorrow. Goodbye, everybody.
Speaker 3: The Bobby Bone Show Bobby Bones.
Speaker 2: The Bobby Bones Show theme song, written, produced, and sang by read Yarberry. You can find his instagram at read Yarberry, Scuba Steve executive producer, Raymondo, Head of Production. I'm Bobby Bones. My instagram is mister Bobby Bones. Thank you for listening to the podcast.