Speaker 1: Wow, what is up?
Speaker 2: It is a Friday between this time for another edition of the Stardom Citam Show. I am Marcus Grant, joined by Michael lef Floyer, who writes the start Sit column. Every week you can find an NFL dot com slash starts to sit, And we got the Kawan Jones, who does not write the start Sit column, but he apparently is fascinated with strawberries. Now that's good enough to get him on this show. How hard was it writing it in by mcgeddon Part two?
Speaker 3: Honestly, it was easier because I was like, you know what, I'm gonna have some fun with it and I'm gonna throw out some names that I normally don't And the CITs are a lot easier in weeks like this because any big name player you're probably starting. So, yeah, don't come for me and be like you're telling me to sit, guys, I normally sit. Yeah, there's six teams on by that's how it works, Lol.
Speaker 1: Don't come for me, like the Internet's going to listen to that anyway.
Speaker 2: Don't come for him anyway, but you canna find him on Twitter, ex Blue Sky, Blue Sky social media. Social media dot com is where you can find Michael left Florio if you have complaints that you want to register that he can ignore easily.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it's get the quarterbacks your starts and sits for the week.
Speaker 3: I'm starting Baker Mayfield, who has been very, very safe this year. Good match against the Raiders, Like, I don't see why you would not start him. Sam Donald, Like, twenty twenty four has been a weird year, and maybe the weirdest part of it is that Sam Donald is one of the very safest quarterbacks in fantasy, and he gets a good matchup against the Falcons justin Herbert. I think he's gonna have to throw a lot in this one. The Chief secondary has struggled as of late and they are elite against the run. And then I have Matthew Stafford against my Buffalo Bills for a similar thing. I know they're gonna run all over the Bills, but I think if it's a shootout, we could get Stafford throwing. And I always trust Pooka and Cooper regardless of who the secondary on the other side is. And then some sits. I have two a tongue of Bai Looa as a sit. Tough matchup against the Jets one of the toughest for a quarterback. He doesn't have a lot of success against them in his career, and I don't think he's gonna be in ketchup mode or anything like that. I have Gino Smith as a sit this week. Despite throwing the ball a bunch. Gino has just three games this year with more than eighteen Fantasy points, and he got shut down two weeks ago in Seattle against his Cardinals secondary Uh. Caleb Williams, this is one I went back and forth on, but ultimately I was like, the Niners do generate pressure, they do get sacks in an above league average rate, and they they have made life tough on quarterbacks this year. So this is a big test for Caleb and then Kirk Cousins. This one I did not go back and forth on at all. This was the easiest call in the world. I am not starting Kirk Cousins the rest of the year. I saw enough in Week thirteen that I was like, there's no way I could.
Speaker 1: Trust even in a revenge game. Huh.
Speaker 3: Even look the revenge, the Vikings are gonna be high fiving each other like we made the right call.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that revenge. What is that when you're I guess on the other side of revenge, but it's not revenge. You just kind of just pushed him down like a little kid, like we already know what we knew what the outcome is going to be.
Speaker 1: Like no, I think it's just called bullying. I think at that point is what it is.
Speaker 2: There you go, there, you go, lakwan. Do you want to ask you though about your guy Matthew Stafford, right? I mean, because he's had good run lately, the Bills have been tough on quarterbacks. I mean, how do you feel about him this week against Buffalo?
Speaker 4: This one I'm on the fence, but like Florio said, it's by him again, you got six teams on buy. I wouldn't be starting in this week just because I know the Wolves that we've been battling. I mean, we showed improvement on third down. We showed improvement in red zone against the Saints, and this is some of the strengths of the Buffalo Bills defense. It's keeping folks out of the end zone, excuse me, and stopping you know, drive short and you know, cutting it down on third down. So I think it's going to be a huge test for him. But I think the success of the Rams offense is going to be on the ground, all right.
Speaker 1: So there you go with the quarterbacks is move over to running backs? Who do you like it? Who did you not like this week?
Speaker 3: Look, Lakwan's gonna love this one. I think Kyan Williams is a mustard option this week against the Bills. I know people were a little worried about him after a couple of down games.
Speaker 1: I'm not at all.
Speaker 3: I think Tony Pollard is a smash star this week in a fantastic matchup against the Jaguars Isaiah Pacheco. Look, if there was no teams on By this week, maybe I would try to get away from him. But with six teams on By, I think it is worth getting him into your lineup. And then Tyrone Tracy Junior a lot of volume, pretty safe floor, some upside there in a fantastic matchup against the Saints, and then my sits drive a set and look, six teams are on by. I don't care. I don't see any way you could start him. He's been in single digit Fantasy points every game since he has returned. Gus Edwards because the explosiveness isn't there he's still sharing the backfield even though they're JK. Dobbins and the Chiefs have been the toughest matchup. If your name isn't Sincere McCormick, you probably have not had success running against the Chiefs this year. Nick Chubb, I know he's scored three touchdowns in his last two games. He is so touchdown dependent though, I just I don't want to start him if I don't have to, and then Kareem Hunt. It was fun for a while, but there's no explosiveness there so without with him losing the volume now he is just like a top handcuffy one on your bench, but not in your starting line up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I mean that's the thing, like you might not be able to start Kareem Hunt. I would hold on to Kareem Hunt in the event something happens to isaiahpachek Oh. He walks back in to a big opportunity. El Q the I want to ask you about Tyrone Tracy right because we've loved him for a few weeks, had some fumbling issues. We started to see more Devin Singletarry, But are you still confident that this is Tracy's backfield?
Speaker 4: I think this is the confidence booster that he constantly. You know, you have to give into these rookie running backs, and you know the fumbling issues is obviously going to put you in the doghouse. But he's actually been getting more involved in the passing game. If you look at last game, he was running some routes out there, getting in a couple of catches. So therefore, against his Saints, I think you saw last week Kyron Williams and Blake korm have that back and forth and found success on the ground. I think this is the matchup for Tyrone Tracy to get back to being explosive, to get back to being a solid RB two with a decent floor. So I think this is going to be a great week for him to get back on track.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to the wide receivers. Who are your starts and sins for Week fourteen.
Speaker 3: Starting Drake London and Darnell Mooney giving him another shot in this good matchup. The Vikings play a lot of zone and split safety coverage, and London and Mooney have had success against them. They're both in the top ten in yards against split safety. Jacobe Myers, I just keep saying it. I think he is like the most underrated wide receiver in fantasy. He's been averaging nearly sixteen Fantasy points per game since DeVante Adams left Safe Floor high upside, and the Bucks are in the top six and fantasy points allowed to wide receivers. And then this is one that I've gone on every show I've been on this week and said to start Marquez Valdez Scantling. I know it sounds wild, but he's averaged eighteen Fantasy points per game in his last three and the Giants are the best matchup for deep ball wide receivers. And then sits Marcus, I know you agree with this one, even though you're not gonna like it. Deebo Samuel. It just keeps getting worse and worse and worse for Deebo. And now I think he's gonna be used as a runner more often, which some people might think it's a good thing. To me, I'm like, we're losing all the valuable points he gets for catching passes there. So I have him as a sit if you can get away in a tough match up against the Bears. Jalen Waddle a couple of weeks ago was really fun, but he was back to his usual ways last week, and he gets a really tough matchup against the Jets, Adam feeling someone that I want on my roster, just not in my lineup against the Eagles, who have been playing lights out their secondary as of late. And then Roma Dunze it's just not happening. And the forty nine Ers are bottom two in yards against out wide wide receivers and that's where he runs the bulk of his routes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you mentioned Debo, especially using him as a runner.
Speaker 2: It seems as though those Jets sweeps that were so effective a couple of years ago not hitting the way they.
Speaker 1: Used to in that offense for the forty nine Ers.
Speaker 2: So I would at because Florida obviously big on MVS. Lak Wan won't get your thoughts MVS as as a starter this.
Speaker 4: Week, absolutely, man, the big players is there and you love seeing him being used more as all around, you know, wide receiver. He's getting short routes, he's getting you know, intermediate looks from Derek Carr. But it's that deep ball that you know you just bank on to have that boom. But it's been booming for the last couple of games, So why not start.
Speaker 2: Him all right, So we are buying in on Marcuez Valdez Scantling, who once by a time was one of the top cardio kings out there, but now might get some reward to go along with all the steps that he is getting in.
Speaker 1: Finalists turn to tight ends. Who do you like? Who do you not like?
Speaker 2: And there's a name that you like that I'm sure La Kwan doesn't like for obvious reasons.
Speaker 3: Look, I'm just making sure that the world knows. I wrote about it and started to sit him. I talked about it on Fantasy Live. Everyone in this building is rooting for it now. John new Smith started. Look one, he is the tight end one in the last month. Two he is the Titan five on the year, much to Lakwan's hairs disappointment. And then three the Jets are great at limiting wide receivers, which could mean more volume for the tight end. I'm gonna go with Kate Aten. I have him as a start this week against the Raiders. I know that a has disappointed, but the Raiders have really struggled against tight ends as of late, so I'm giving him one more chance this week. With six teams on, buy will again disappointed last week, but the Chiefs most yards, third most Fantasy points per game to tight end six teams on by that gets him into play my sits. I'm not doing it with Juwan Johnson in a tough matchup. I don't see any way you trust Cole Comet and then my boy Kyle Pitts, like it just is not happening right now. I was telling you earlier, Marcus that, like on most of my Kyle Pitts teams, I don't love the waiver wire options. So I still have to start him. But if you have another tight end and or you could get away in some different way, I think I would try to zero points last week, thirteen and a half in his last four.
Speaker 1: So look what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you about Kyle Pitts because I know you weren't the Kyle Pitts guy this year.
Speaker 1: You bought in. Where are you right now? I'm the curse. I think we owe you.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, you're not like this has been going on. So I think heo you an apology for dragging you on board with this.
Speaker 1: I think you.
Speaker 4: Guys brought me on the button and then it just sunk all to the bottom damn Lake, because Wow, this ride is very emotional, Like I know what you guys have been going through now for these last couple of seasons. Like you go back and look at his rookie season, it was special Florio, Like it was one of those builders where you're like, oh, this is generational talent, like this is going to be the new like tight end standard when it comes to fantasy, and it's just has not worked out. I don't like, is he healthy?
Speaker 1: Like I hope he is?
Speaker 4: Like what's going on?
Speaker 2: I mean, that's really what it's been at some point, and you start to wonder, maybe it's just that he was he's a big wide receiver who sort of dominated in college, but that hasn't really translated into the NFL.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's usage.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's just that, you know, the skill set just doesn't quite apply at least in terms of what we were anticipating out of him. Maybe he hasn't have an ingram sort of you know, resurgence in a couple of years, but right now it's just not really working any income to la Hey, Look, I mean, look, I think he worked well. I'm sure Sean McVay could use a lot of ways I find a lot of ways to use Him's just.
Speaker 4: To fix some organization.
Speaker 1: We could fix him, not have it. It's like we can, we can fix him.
Speaker 2: I love that anyway. It's just not happening for him in Atlanta. What is happening though, is the start sit article. You can find that at NFL dot com slash start hit to be sure to go over there and check it out for more in depth analysis of a lot of the names that Florio mentioned here. But that'll do it for this edition of the Stardom Centum Show. Appreciate you hanging out with us as always for the quand for Florya. I am Marcus, Thank you for listening. Enjoy the weekend. Hopefully it's a good one for you and we will talk to you again real soon