Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Hour two on this Friday, Meet Friday. It's a pie Friday. I have two pies to the face to take. Initially it was four because I thought Bronnie was going to go in the first round and the dan Nets would each get a pie to smash me in the face with PAULI came up with maybe a clause in the pie, you know, punishment.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 3: I have England winning the Euros, and if England would win, then he's going to get rid of the other two pies. I still have to take two today, but if not, if the Euros goes to Spain, then I have four pies coming up on Monday.
Speaker 4: So it's either.
Speaker 3: Two pies today and no more, or two pies today and four on Monday. The Euros will be held on Sunday. But we also have the triggers fired up, and so are we flat top smashed cheese, French fries. It's National French Fry Day. And pecan pie.
Speaker 4: Wait.
Speaker 3: We had somebody calling in from Texas who said that I was mispronouncing peak. It's not Peacan or Peacan pie, It's pecan pecan pie. Okay, that's not the pie that I'm taking to the face. I'm taking two pumpkin pies to the faces in Texas. Thank you, Tom, Thank you. So it's pecan pie, pecan pie, pecan I know it's tough. Well, growing up, we couldn't afford a pecan pie or pecan or.
Speaker 5: You are to said this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you don't want to know.
Speaker 3: I'll just say, and we got pie coming up to there. Yeah, variety of pies there. Stat of the Day brought to you by panadi America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. Keep an eye on Wembledon. The men's semis going on. Should be a great weekend at Wembledon. Lots of soccer this weekend as well. Bill Belichick has a new job. I don't think he coaches in the NFL again. I said that when he was let go by the Patriots and we thought he was going to Atlanta. Didn't happen in Atlanta, and then nobody else was interested in Bill Belichick. How many wins is he away from surpassing Don Shula on the all time victory list. That's the only thing I'm curious about with Belichick, And I don't know how important it is for Belichick to have the most wins in NFL history. I think he's widely considered the greatest coach in NFL history.
Speaker 5: Yes, Don, I'm looking at Don Shula three forty seven, Bill Belichick three thirty three, which would be fourteen.
Speaker 3: Okay from time fourteen, So he needs fifteen wins. He could have had that the last four years if he had a decent team. Uh, seatan, how can you?
Speaker 6: How can that not be a factor? I mean, that's something that literally takes your entire career to get to that level, and now you're less than a full season away from it. That wouldn't bother you. I don't know it's Bill Belichick. I don't know how he's wired. I don't know if that's important to him. I know Don Shula had some critical things to say about Belichick and cheating scandals. I don't know if Bill you know that he's vindictive and says, oh, you used to be the late Don Shula. He's no longer the all time victory leader. I don't know if it's important to him. I don't know if anybody's ever asked Bill. I don't know if Bill would ever be honest about and say, yeah, it's really important. That's why I want to stick around coach, get a couple more seasons. But how do you get that close to it and have it be like I mean, I guess it's Nie, but it's not that. I mean, there's only a few people in the history that can do it. Andy Reid is the next closest to him. He's what it's got to be ten years younger than Bill Belichick or me. I don't know if it's quite that much, but you don't think with another guy like that sort of coming up from behind him. You're this close to the top. It's like I got we got to almost the top of the mountain, but we didn't need to look over the side.
Speaker 4: Andy Reich I could have catch. I don't think Bill has to worry about Andy Reid.
Speaker 3: But I remember asking Barry Sanders, I said, how did you walk away with ninety nine career touchdowns? And he goes, it's easy, like he didn't care. I said, you didn't want to get to one hundred. He goes, no, it was.
Speaker 6: One hundred, the all time most by anyone ever in the history of the game. No, okay, then not that big of a deal.
Speaker 3: But this is a guy who pulled himself out of a game, didn't go back into a game, and he lost the rushing title because he didn't care.
Speaker 4: Christian Okoye, I.
Speaker 3: Think he needed, like, I don't know, ten more yards to be the rushing leader. And Wayne Fons goes, you want to go in and win the rushing title. He goes, no, let my backup.
Speaker 2: Go.
Speaker 6: Belichick's probably coaching for fifty years and then He's just he's going to get right there to where he can almost pass don Chula and be like, I don't know, I don't care.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I don't think it's important to him.
Speaker 4: Yes, Tom, what if you.
Speaker 5: Had like a girlfriend in her twenties and she's like, i'd really love to see the all time.
Speaker 4: Yes it would.
Speaker 3: Yes, First of all, I wouldn't have a twenty four year old girlfriend, but if I did and she really meant.
Speaker 5: A lot to her, that you get the extra fifteen wins.
Speaker 3: Yes, Hey, Billy, could you become the all time victory leader?
Speaker 5: Find that very exciting? If you could just be the all time I could tell everybody that I'm dating the all time winning this career.
Speaker 2: Yes, I could tell all my friends.
Speaker 4: Uh, well, now that you put it that way, yes, yes, Paul.
Speaker 7: I don't think this wouldn't bother me, and I don't think it bothers Bill Belichick because he's got the real important title, most Super Bowl rings, and that which stamps him as the greatest coach of all time. Don Shula doesn't have that, And so the number of wins, it's almost like like Tom Brady. If let's say Tom Brady was second all time in passing yards and passing touchdowns hypothetically, but he has seven Super Bowl rings.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 7: That's the scoreboard. Bill Belie's already got the scoreboard. This is like tier two of the coaching scoreboard.
Speaker 2: To me. Yeah, I don't I.
Speaker 3: Don't know if it's important, but he's working on inside the NFL, and it's on the CW.
Speaker 6: That's equal to at least fourteen wins.
Speaker 4: Yes, a show on the CW is inside the NFL.
Speaker 3: Skewing younger my putting Belichick on there because apparently he you know, two.
Speaker 7: Thousand and four younger though it's between one Tree Hill episode replace.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want to wait, but hey, you know Bill, Bill can get that young female audience. You know, apparently they're going to tune into inside the NFL on the CW.
Speaker 4: I don't think he coaches. Again, I don't, Yes, Todd.
Speaker 5: They just found that very music. What the whole You could get the women's young crowd in watching inside the NFL because of who's dating. Okay, that would be very fascinating, just like Taylor Swift was able to bring all these young girls into being interested in the NFL.
Speaker 4: Did I call on you and you weren't ready to be called?
Speaker 5: I don't think that my hand, but I wanted to make something out of it.
Speaker 3: Talks on a French fries Uh, speaking of which, Chemo in Virginia beach Hi, Chemo?
Speaker 4: What's on your mind today?
Speaker 8: Oh Danny, thanks for taking the call. Look, Paul is our man. We know he could do it, and I understand big picture. You know, he could have went the distance. But it leads me to a Friday Fritzy dynamite. Damn, Jenny, I could have tons if I want.
Speaker 4: Gosh, thank you, Kimo went on Napoleon Dynamite.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: I thought he was talking about you, PAULI he's talking about Paul Schiens going the distance.
Speaker 4: I'll give you a full show. I think you can go.
Speaker 3: The distance as well. Yeah, you're not going to get pulled like halfway through this hour. But Paul Skeen's seven no hit innings and the baseball world was I guess split here do you keep him in go for a no hitter? He'll join us in an hour from now. I had no problem them taking ount and didn't really care about the no hitter. If he got it, great, But I got to look at him and say, this is now short term the right decision. Long term, it's the right decision. He's undefeated, but I don't I didn't get caught up in it. Here is his manager, Derek Shelton, the Pirates manager, on why he pulled Paul Schemes yesterday.
Speaker 4: He was tired.
Speaker 9: It really didn't have anything to do with the pitch count. Everybody makes it about pitch counts. It was about where he was at. It was about trusting your eyes, trusting him. When I went and talked to him after that, I mean he was tired. They did a good job of wearing him down, and I mean he gave us everything he had.
Speaker 4: So Paul Skeins will join us next hour? Will asking?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I don't know how much of an argument he had. He's a rookie. Do you say anything? You end the seventh inning and then all of a sudden, you know, manager says, hey, you're not going back out for the eighth. And I understand that logic because if I send you out for the eighth and you still have a no hitter, no matter how many pitches I have to send you out for the ninth, I don't want to be in that position.
Speaker 4: Yes, Tom, other than.
Speaker 5: Paul, I know, we went around the room, we were all okay with that decision. But wouldn't it change if you were actually at that game and you caught up in that Atmosphan and you want to be able to say that in your lifetime you attended a no hitter. I know I selfishly would want.
Speaker 4: To wait, are you talking about the fan?
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you're in the pernership, if you're in the crowd, like we could say, you know, standing away from it, or if you're watching on TV or you hear about it later, Yeah, there was probably a smart move to take him out. But if you're actually at the game, I would think you'd have a significantly different answer to that.
Speaker 3: I don't think there's anybody there except for Brewer fans who they were glad that he left the game. Who would say, you know what, I'm glad that he's on a pitch down here, and I don't get to see history.
Speaker 4: Of course, you're gonna want to see this. I mean you have to.
Speaker 3: You can't be a manager for one game different than you will be for all the other games. Yeah, you want to see history. I don't think I got to see a couple of no hitters in person. Ken Holtzman of the Cubs no hit the Reds, and I didn't go, you know what, they should take him out right now. He's on a pitch count. He he's going to no hit the Reds, and I was going to see that. Even as a Reds fan, I still wanted to see the no hitter. I had no problem with that. Friday, July twenty sixth, the Olympic Games return live from Paris on NBC and Peacock. Also, they're legends in the paint, in the pocket and they're showing their skills on the green. The stars are out Lake Tahoe the American Century Championship. I looked at some of the pairings here. Let me see if I have the paperwork on this, Todd printed it up for me. On players who are going to be They're playing in threesomes out at Tahoe. So here's some of them, just in case you're wondering, and you can watch this on NBC and Peacock by the way, plug. Let's see Alex Rodriguez, Albert Pouhols, Gary Sheffield, Interesting Jacob and country star Marty Fish, former tennis player Adam Feeling, John Smoltz, Anica Sorenstam, the actor Jack Wagner. Let me see the threesome that I want to wait a minute, the three the three golfers who are paired together. Can you be paired together as a threesome? So who would I want to hang out with? Who would I want to play golf with?
Speaker 2: Uh? Let's see, I got it.
Speaker 4: You have the threesome.
Speaker 7: This would be the one seed if it was up for auctions. Gravis Kelsey, Jason Kelce and the wrestler of the mizz Okay, all right, that's a good time after the round.
Speaker 3: How about Trevor Lawrence, John Elway and Josh Allen.
Speaker 5: I don't even care what the third person.
Speaker 3: Charles Barkley, DeMarcus Ware and Larry the cable guy.
Speaker 2: Let's see anybody else on here.
Speaker 4: That's tricky about the three quarterbacks. What are you going to talk about? I just interview them.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but like those dudes, like if you're playing around with them and uh, they're like talking about Like these two dudes just want to talk to John Elway to pick his brain, and you're gonna be like, hey, so, uh.
Speaker 4: Hey, what's it like to throw a touch weather today?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 3: What's it like when you put your hands up under a center?
Speaker 2: Let's see what else do we have?
Speaker 4: Davante Adams, Jerry Rice.
Speaker 3: And Larry Fitzgerald spicy, uh, interesting grouping here, Blake Griffin, Baker Mayfield, and Vince Carter.
Speaker 2: Let me see anybody else here?
Speaker 8: Mmm?
Speaker 5: Oh Deep, I got one for you, okay, Del Curry, Seth Curry, Ray Allen.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'd probably fit in with that group.
Speaker 4: You'd be giving golf tips, shooting tips. Yeah, no, not golf tips. I'd be given shooting tips.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: Ray, I brought a basketball out here. Show Steph howld the ball kind of rests on the palm of your hand.
Speaker 4: That's Steph. Let me see how you hold the ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, we did have a caller last hour said, that's one of the big blunders that we've had in the history of the show that I am correcting Ray Allen on his how he holds a basketball.
Speaker 4: Is that a blunder?
Speaker 6: Certainly a misstep, But I was being honest with him.
Speaker 4: That's what you're doubling down on it.
Speaker 3: Okay, But imagine how great ray Allen could have been if he had not had the ball resting on the kids. Don't have the ball on the palmier him. Don't be like ray Allen, be like me when it comes to shooting. You want it on your fingertips, not on the palm of your hand. Oh my god, did he give me a look that I don't think. I think he hated me more that day than he hated the Celtics who turned their back on him. Yeah, Paulie, I just looked at the video.
Speaker 7: The look on Ray Allen's face, the word is incredulous, where his mouth is open and he's watching. He's a very polite gentleman. Yes, And I think he thinks for about the first ten seconds that you're joking with him, I know, and then he realizes that you're being dead serious and his face just goes to this blank, incredulous.
Speaker 2: Look.
Speaker 3: I know it's great, but that's not one of the biggest blunders. We've had quite a few blunders on this show. Do we have one that's the biggest blunder we've ever accomplished on this program.
Speaker 6: We're gonna have to figure out what we mean by blunder.
Speaker 2: Some turn into home runs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I just look at it as content. I don't look at it as oh my god, it's going to set us back. Speaking of which, yes, time.
Speaker 5: Like mistake or embarrassing moment because the mcleve and glasses with the basketball.
Speaker 4: Thing, Oh that was But that's content.
Speaker 5: Right, It's just a finding what a blunder Like see was saying, what exactly is a blunder?
Speaker 3: Yeah, McLevin broke his glasses while spinning a basketball trying to show off, and when he fell off his chair. I mean those were blunders. Yes, those were blunders. That was content though, for sure, Yes, poem.
Speaker 7: Our blunders usually turned into great content. When we had Dak Prescott in studio the first time we're outside throwing the ball and he you said goodbye to him. You turn he goes to shake your hand and you just missed it. You didn't see it, and he was in no man slant. He shook his own hand on National TV. Yeah it was a really good content.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's all.
Speaker 4: It is also a blunder, Yeah, yeah, good content.
Speaker 2: It was a lead on sports Henter the next day.
Speaker 7: I'm not shaking Dak Prescott.
Speaker 3: Oh it was, oh god, And I'm sure this happened to me when I was doing Sports Center. Like I rail against it now because you're like, are you really covering sports or you're just It's like when somebody says, boy, this is the best music. We're going to play all these you know, top hits, and then you miss out on all the other music that is probably better than that, but you're just playing the hits. And I'm sure we did that when I was there. You know, Duke Basketball, the Yankees, Red Sox, Tim Tebow, all of that stuff where you're going, yeah, let's play the hits. And that's what they do now, which gets to thankfully, we don't have to do that where they give you a rundown when you come in when you're doing a radio show or a TV show. Night here are the topics you're discussing. We're going to lead the show with Dak Prescott in a boot. His foot is in a boot in cabo.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Yes, Tom, that's at ridiculous. Thank you, You're welcome.
Speaker 3: Come on, you gotta be on your toes toain.
Speaker 5: I didn't raise my head. I didn't know what I say there. I could have just sat quietly. That's not good.
Speaker 3: Adam Lefko, our buddy NBA on TNT will join us in an hour from now. Paul's schemes of the Pirates were back after this Dan Patrick's show.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live. PAULI Fools go here with Tony Foolsco. Yeah.
Speaker 10: As everybody knows, we're the hosts of the award winning Polly and Tony Foodsco Showy. But instead of us telling you how great we are, here's how Dan Patrick described us when he came on our show.
Speaker 3: Quick, knowledgeable and funny, opinionated.
Speaker 11: What are you doing interrupting our promo? Yeah, you wasn't talking about you. You took those clips totally of context.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, well after this promo, I'm gonna take you out and beat you.
Speaker 4: Let me put this into context.
Speaker 1: Shut up.
Speaker 10: Yeah, anyway, just listen to the Paul and Tony Fusco Show on iHeartRadio, Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 3: Yee more phone calls coming up each seven to seven three DP show.
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 3: If you're watching on Peacock, our streaming partner, download the app if you haven't done so, and you can watch all of this nonsense unfold right before your very eyes. And we welcome shut ins, those recovering from surgeries, those who just don't have enough energy to get up and change the channel, or maybe house arrest. So we have two great guests today. Paul Schemes was easy to book. You know, threw a no hitter for seven innings. This guy was tough. Adam Lefgo NBA on TNT inside the NBA host and a co host of the Big Podcast with Shack.
Speaker 4: But we got him.
Speaker 3: We somehow got Adam leftgo. Thank you for taking time out from your busy schedule.
Speaker 11: Don't call me the Paul Skien of broadcast Television. Dan Patrick, I come in with a flurry, and then suddenly, wait, why isn't he out there anymore?
Speaker 4: Yes, what was that?
Speaker 11: I was in a sports book in Vegas at like twelve thirty I think it was, and everyone in there is just looking at the monitor.
Speaker 5: Going, wait, there, he's got a no hitter.
Speaker 11: And for me, I love when an old veteran manager goes, I don't care about the numbers. I could see it with my eyes and and you go. You know, I guess him being in the game for this long should mean something. But man, that sounds dumb in twenty twenty four. Okay, but a big round of applause for Fritzy. Congrats Fritzy. Thanks, but proud of you. Buddy, nailed it.
Speaker 4: Wait, nobody else is why am I the only one of planning?
Speaker 5: They're weak. It's a weak group.
Speaker 4: I'm still the only one of Okay, we got the elusive Adam Lefto.
Speaker 3: Yeah we did. We got him. Okay, if it was a perfect game after seven innings.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, no, Well I wouldn't have pulled him anyway. So for me, he could have one hit and I'd keep him in. I want to watch Paul Schemes.
Speaker 4: Okay, So selfishly.
Speaker 3: But if you're the manager of the pirates, what you've said, Hey, I just want to watch Paul's schemes.
Speaker 4: I don't care how many pitches go out there, Paul.
Speaker 11: I mean, what do you think you've been covering.
Speaker 3: I had no problem with them taking him out right. Let's say he's given up one hit, one hit? Are you going to leave him in there in the entwer is no?
Speaker 11: Was it a zero zero game or a one zero game?
Speaker 3: I think it was one nothing, but I don't know. I don't know if it matters.
Speaker 11: Look, I was sitting there, going it's a random game in the middle of July. And that's how you know where we are in the schedule. We're getting ready for NBA Summer League. I'm over here betting every w NBA basketball game that I can. I know I've watched more WNBA basketball than ninety nine percent of your listening audience and arguing about whether or not a rookie pitcher should still be in there after seven That is July sports.
Speaker 4: Yes it is.
Speaker 3: I love, Yes, that's but also we've gotten to the point where I don't know if we've graduated to this point, but maybe we're looking for topics Caitlin Clark or Angel Reese Rookie of the Year, and that you have men who are arguing this and talking about, well, who's got the better record?
Speaker 4: What about head done manufactured rebounds?
Speaker 11: Dan the pea Like I heard I heard two people arguing about PR with Caitlyn Clark, and I was like, Oh, we have reached it.
Speaker 4: Fully Wait wait which pr?
Speaker 11: PR like that metric that we use to judge how players are overall. Like we're getting to that granular of an argument right now between like we're talking about plus minus is an on offs with Angel and Kaitlyn Clark. And normally you're like, where, who would even care? But it's it is so fascinating. I actually thought Angel Reese's double double streak was going to end last night. I did so. She had five rebounds heading into the fourth quarter and I was like, oh, no, it's going to come crashing down. And then she had six in the fourth, which was insane. I'm very invested in this, and I think that we have a dead even race right now in Rookie of the Year. I do not think that there is a leader right now.
Speaker 4: Oh this is this is silly, This is silly.
Speaker 3: Caitlin Clark goes out with a target on her back every single time down the floor.
Speaker 4: Angel Reese is just she works the glass.
Speaker 3: That that's it she Okay, if she's averaging fourteen and nine and nine double dumbers, okay, it's the it's the convenience of a double double. Like the triple double for Russell Westbrook Junior the third it became easy for voters to go, he's averaging a triple double. Well what if he only everaged nine assist Well, not averaging a triple double.
Speaker 11: It's convenient not talking to one of your normal guests. I'm telling you you're talking to the most watched WNBA analyst on TV that doesn't get asked about it. I have made a lot of money on both of these players, Okay. I literally invented a parlay called the left goo parlay. I mean ten Angel Reese rebounds and six. Caitlin Clark assists I was getting it at plus money and now it's minus two ninety. You are talking to a subject expert. Here is the issue in your argument. Let's not even talk about stats. Caitlin Clark is the Indiana Fever. I agree with you right now. She has the highest usage. She has the ball all the time. They go as she goes. Completely understand. But this Chicago Sky team, the identity of Angel Reese and Teresa Witherspoon, their coach, is shocking teams across the league. They went into Seattle and they pushed a team around that had been dominating teams. They are built around Kennedy Carter, the woman that pushed Caitlin Clark and everyone got upset. She's been kicked off multiple teams and she is completely reborn. The Chicago Sky are the bad girls of the WNBA. They take what they want and they punch you in the face. And these other teams have no idea what's coming. I'm telling you. They stand there at the tip and they shake each other's hands, and then five minutes later they have six seven Camilla Cardoso just bodying them, and then Angel rees jumping in their face and going, you can't guard me. There is no team in the w that is like this team, and so her identity has completely woven in. When she's not on the court, they take a huge step back. I understand that you're making.
Speaker 3: Imagine if Caitlyn Clark is not on the floor, that come on, this is silly.
Speaker 11: So but you're saying that because Caitlin Clark is so important to her team that she's the rookie of the Year. And what I'm saying is is that it's very similar. How important which is and I still think we have room to go. I would like to say, how these two perform against the top three teams, the Aces, the Liberty, and the Lynx, is how I judge them, because dude, there's twelve teams in this league, and like three or four of them you can just destroy. Atlanta is a joke, like there's a few other teams that are just Dallas as a joke, but the real when you're going against John Quell Jones and Sabrina I and Escu and Brianna Stewart, you're going up against Asia Wilson and Jackie Young and Kelsey Plumb, whoever comes down the stretch. I'm going to vote just like, oh, I don't have a vote. I wish I had a vote, but like I voted for SGA because the SGA's team had a better record at the end of the year, and so I want to see who gets that eighth playoff spot.
Speaker 4: Okay, did you do this with Victor Wemba Yama.
Speaker 11: Did you I vote Victor women have a defensive player of the Year.
Speaker 3: Well no, but did you Did you judge him in accordance to how he did against Joe Ellenbiid, Jannis and the Joker And the answer is no, you didn't. But you're doing that right now with these two plays. We're creating an argument.
Speaker 11: We didn't have any We didn't have an even race in the NBA. A chet was never a realistic rookie the year.
Speaker 3: I know, but you didn't do this. You didn't factor in the Spurs record. People are factoring in the better record between Caitlin Clark and Angel reascause.
Speaker 4: We don't do the lease.
Speaker 11: This is everyone loves to say.
Speaker 3: This is Mark Gasol versus Derek Rose.
Speaker 11: Let's say it.
Speaker 3: This is Mark Gasol and Derek Rose. Yes, I said it.
Speaker 11: Have you watched a Chicago Sky game or have you just seen the memes online of her like catching like three remounths.
Speaker 3: In an Why didn't you watch your mouth here? And you called me dude, yes, I watch, yes.
Speaker 11: Okay, I gotta look carried away. As you could tell. I get very emotional about this.
Speaker 4: Were you drinking last night.
Speaker 11: No, I was on a flight back from Vacas. Okay, I was chucked you bottles of water and I had eight packs of v getting gummy bears.
Speaker 4: He is, uh, oh you did gummies?
Speaker 2: Well damn.
Speaker 11: Now it's a flight. It's a flight.
Speaker 3: Adam Lefco NBA on TNT. Is the NBA still gonna be on TNT?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 11: I hope? So it's I mean, I'm watching Barkley doing interviews from Tahoe. Yeah, you know, and I will say this, what what we're gonna say?
Speaker 4: That's dangerous Barkley doing interviews in Tahoe.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Oh, just make sure we're good.
Speaker 2: And we're good.
Speaker 11: Okay, I'm gonna stand here. Okay, wife is going to the bathroom. It really hit me. What really hit me when I was watching Barkley's recent thing because he's always talking about the people of TNT, And that is what I keep thinking about now, is like the hundreds of people that you know, everyone at home is like, oh, this is gonna be so inconvenient, Like it's so hard to switch from one streamer to another streamer. You know, what does this mean for League pass? And I'm thinking about like the fact that we all use photoshop today. And there's a guy at TNT named Alex who's been there for like decades, and he's the guy that invented putting Charles Barkley's head on something else. Like, think about how ahead of its time that was. And now that guy who like is a friend of all of us, I'm like, man, I really hope Alex is okay. And so I also think it's gonna be very interesting to have one last year with Charles bike Barkley with an open mic. If that happens, I had hoped there was going to be like a fourth smaller package. I hope that they can match. But this sounds way above my pay grade in a lot of forms.
Speaker 4: Do you think Charles is retiring?
Speaker 11: Man? For me, want shame on me, phollow me twice, shame on you for me three times. I'm an idiot, So I don't. I was reading about George Washington.
Speaker 3: Dan, do you not want to answer this? Is that what you're doing? You're reading about George Washington.
Speaker 11: Well, because when they knocked off the British Big Upset sixteen over one, they all went around and they were like who should be president? And George Washington was like not me, not interested, and everybody was like, we gotta make it, George, he doesn't want it, And I kind of think that's what Barkley does. Barkley does like the George Washington thing where he's like, too bad, I'm not going to be here and everyone's like, we need to get him right now. So Charles is kind of like the George Washington this sewards broadcast.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's not a comp that I thought I was going to get. The team that The country that makes you nervous with Team USA is USA.
Speaker 11: They're the only team that's beaten this team because you know when like right now, we're like, man, this team is so deep. This second unit could beat Canada Like that was like other than the first quarter with all the turnovers, it didn't even look the same. But then you start wondering, man, if we need to throw in certain guys for a matchup and they're cold off the bench, are they going to be Okay, this team should beat anybody. Embiid it was very interesting watching him trying to draw fouls and realizing very quickly this is not a format for that.
Speaker 4: Adam. He fouled out in like eleven minutes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you only get five fowls in, you know, Olympic play nine six.
Speaker 11: Can you just worry? Because like, is Anthony Davis good enough?
Speaker 3: They bit they I would have Cooper Flagg just waiting, you know, just put him in the in the locker room, just in case I might say to it, Embiid, why didn't you do what Kawhi did and why didn't you go back home?
Speaker 11: As a six Ers fan. I'm not against that, of course you're look rested up. But I'm also hoping that Embiid, Like because after I watched the stuff about the redeemed team, and you hear the stories of Lebron and Wade watching Kobe and they're coming back from the club at four am and they're in the elevator and he's going to the practice court at four am, and you hear that, You're like, oh, that ushered in the next wave of great basketball. That's what we hope, Like, we hope that Anthony Edwards comes back and truly knows how to lead to a championship after this experience, or a Halliburton or any of the young players. I'm also noticing, though, man love Kaitland Clark, you just you're threw in Cooper flag a Kailan Clark Cooper flag twenty twenty four presidential ticket doesn't have a chance.
Speaker 3: His last name is flag. I mean, come on, red, very white and Duke blue.
Speaker 11: Have we come up with a name yet for the tanking for Cooper?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah it was what did they say, Seaton?
Speaker 11: So like poop poop for like poop for Cooper?
Speaker 4: Yep for Coop. Yeah, yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 3: I'll leave you with this. Jalen Brown is not on the Olympic team because.
Speaker 11: I really the Nike stuff is interesting. I just want to paint this picture. This is the highest paid player in the NBA that won the Eastern Conference Finals MVP, the World Finals MVP. Even when the game was over, they put a camera in Jason Tatum's face, who came out with three different slogans. They're rarely showing Jalen Brown in the crowd. They get introduced at Fenway and Jalen Brown walks out with Jason Tatum like this really should be the summer of Jalen Brown and we're not giving it to him. This is a person that when he signed a contract, unlike just giving money away is building bridge programs in the city of Boston to help underserved youth. He was on the front lines when they were in the bubble. Who was the most outspoken person trying to fight for civil rights? It was this guy, Jalen Brown. When the Big Three in ice Cube was like, I'm not getting enough attention, Jalen Brown's like, I will be the only NBA player to come and support you. And then we're like, man, we lost a defensive star small forward, that's his position, and I for Steven A. Smith to go out there and just keep questioning this man's character when he is the least blemish guy in the entire NBA who's done everything perfect and finally reaches the summit and we're still like, man, can't believe he's being selfish and won't let Derek White just make it to the team you take. Some would say the fourth best player on his team, on his own team. It's just crazy. This is the same guy that he was drafted in twenty sixteen. People were like he might be too smart for the NBA. Du went to cal Berkeley, and so this guy is sitting there and Stephen as like, and this is the reason you're not marketable? Where what are we in this world? Jalen Brown has every right right now to be like, you guys are crazy. At the same point, he's making sixty million dollars a year and as a title and he's dating like the now, I'm not going to say that, but what the hell are we doing?
Speaker 2: This is how about?
Speaker 3: I was kind of listening to you, but I was also thinking of mottos for teams with Cooper.
Speaker 4: Flag right, gag for flag.
Speaker 11: Love it, sag for flag. Pauli is chat gpt this the other day and they were coming home some good ones.
Speaker 4: Paulie says, lollygag for flag.
Speaker 11: See, that's just not a phrase we use anymore.
Speaker 4: Okay, gag for flag.
Speaker 11: That's a little bit too much. I didn't this kind of sexual.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm just.
Speaker 11: Telling you the truth.
Speaker 4: Time to wrap it up here.
Speaker 2: Time.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's okay. Hold on, So fail for flag, drag for flag, lag for flag, sag for flag bag the flag. I also like flatline for flag, crash for Cooper, flop for flag, pay for Cooper. And I didn't realize that Cooper had a twin brother. So you have a built in the NASA Santa to coupo element, which is really cool. Do you have to take his twin brother? This is a Rook Lopez, Blake or Blake.
Speaker 4: What of the Lopez, Robin, Robin and Robin.
Speaker 11: We knew who he was because his name was Robin. It's built into the relationship.
Speaker 3: It's it's been fun to talk to you and thank you once again. Very difficult to book Adam Lefko today. What's your what's.
Speaker 11: The question you're most excited to ask Paul?
Speaker 4: I'm not going to tell you, okay, but don't put it on the pole.
Speaker 11: Put on the pole? Does Dan actually have questions for Paul's He's just going to make it up on the fly and wing it.
Speaker 4: I make it up on the fly and I wing it.
Speaker 11: I love you, Uh Todd again, congratulations Todd.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you were a tweet.
Speaker 11: They were like Todd killed it. Today there's no bad mouthing to Todd on Twitter.
Speaker 5: Todays nice to get a little love.
Speaker 4: It's all the other days when they killed Todd for not killing it.
Speaker 11: And just laughing every day. I'm like, these guys are.
Speaker 3: Killing we're killing it. We're killing it. Thank you, thank you, Adam. That's Adam Lefko. Popular host on NBA an.
Speaker 4: Ti Nt, also a co host with a Shack on his big podcast There. All right, let me take a break.
Speaker 3: Well, come back after this, we'll hear from Dion Sanders, and we're going to look at where we were last year in sports and everything that unfolded and all these things that you couldn't have scripted.
Speaker 4: So I have that for you coming out.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio w APP.
Speaker 4: It's my favorite part.
Speaker 3: Interesting games this weekend the EuroCup Final a lot on the line, not only for Spain and England, but also for me trying to escape the Brownie James bet. If England pulls off the upset, then no more puns for me. It's the are.
Speaker 4: They all going to be pecan? Where do we stand on that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: I have pumpkin.
Speaker 6: Oh you have pumpkin. Yeah, you guys have pecan. Oh, we have pecan, which I think are the first pilots that include nuts.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to do that. I thought that could you know, poke my eye out or something. The Yankees and the Orioles how about that? Could something happen? The Oriols have been great fifty seven and thirty six. You know what, the Yankees have been terrible. They're still they have fifty six wins so far. How about Big Three basketball?
Speaker 4: It's back?
Speaker 3: Okay, let me see Joe Johnson is so, Joe is playing, Michael Beasley is playing.
Speaker 6: Joseph Joe Johnson favorite nickname, Leandro Barbosa is playing.
Speaker 11: Warriors legend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, former sixth Man of the Year. The Scottish Open, which I will be watching Rory. I think Roy is the prohibitive favorite there, but I'm going to take Ludwig Oberg So Rory trying to win and then get ready for the British Open.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 3: How about the fever at the Links on Sunday, So Caitlyn Clark takes on the number one seed Minnesota Lynx.
Speaker 4: That's some of the action coming up this weekend.
Speaker 3: To choose from right there, yes, a lot of different things to choose from. I'm going to go euro Fire, Scottish Open, Caitlyn Clark versus the Lynx.
Speaker 4: That's your trifecta.
Speaker 3: Yes, Sliding into the weekend brought to you by our partners at King Sawan. They want you to get together with friends and family, enjoy the weekend, making every Sunday a slider Sunday. We were looking back. So let's say we were going on this date last year, and all the things that happened, like Dion Sanders happened, was that became. That was college football, Caitlin Clark and the growth of women's basketball.
Speaker 4: She was must see TV.
Speaker 3: Nick Saban retires, John Calipari leaves Kentucky College football playoffs go to twelve. Travis Kelcey Taylor Swift. Some thought it was a pr move, others realized it was love.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: I'm keeping receipts on that one. They're going to get engaged, I think. So here's the key. You know what Travis Kelcey is doing that the other guys didn't do. They didn't embrace her celebrity, who she is, going with her, going on stage, being around her, don't be afraid to go out in public. Travis Kelcey did that. Instead of going, you know, let's get away from the paparazzi, let's not go to restaurants. Travis is on stage with her now during performances. That's the difference. He is embracing what she does instead of asking her to downplay being a celebrity. Let's try to be normal. You're never going to be normal. Travis Kelce gets them. That's why I think they're going to get engaged, get married, and then I think some pies are going to some people on the other side because I said they're going to get engaged, didn't I, Todd, I think I believe I think you were going to get a wedding cake. I was going to smash you with a wedding cake.
Speaker 5: I was pretty certain this was not going to be something that was going to last.
Speaker 4: You don't believe in love.
Speaker 5: I believe in love. I just didn't see those two like walking down the aisle level. Maybe they'd be partners.
Speaker 3: And you didn't give me a cutoff date either, so this can go to it. Yeah, yeah, this could go on for a while, But yeah, I think they're going to get engaged because they love love seton. Would you update the pole result? I don't even know what the poll question was for hour or two. How dairy, it's just a blur. How dairy. By way, Paul skeans the Pirates rookie will join us coming up in about a half hour.
Speaker 6: Well hour one we had up there. If you were the Pirates manager and Paul Skeens was throwing a no hitter, you would let him pitch. Stick to the plan right now, sixty six percent of the audience would let him pitch. I wonder if that would change if it was a perfect game or not.
Speaker 2: Maybe not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a surprising number that would have kept him in, but we're saying you're the manager. That's the difference. As a fan, I wanted to see him pitch. The Brewers didn't want to see him pitch. Two hours in the books, one more to go. I hope you'll stay with us.