Speaker 1: Coach, the energy out there felt different. What changed for the team today?
Speaker 2: It was the new game day scratches from the California Lottery players. Everything. Those games sent the team's energy through the roof.
Speaker 1: Are you saying it was the off field play that made the difference on the field.
Speaker 2: Hey, little play makes your day, and today it made the game.
Speaker 1: That's all for now, coach, one more question play than New Los Angeles Chargers, San Francisco forty nine ers and Los Angeles ram scratchers from the California Lottery. A little play can make your day. Peace made responsibly. Must be eighteen years or older to purchase late or claim Oh shy.
Speaker 2: What advice would you give for clients if you were to consult them with this market? The current condition of this market? Obviously we see interest rates going up, we see inflation. What type of advice If somebody's coming in, sitting at that chair, they need advice in their financial life, what are you telling them?
Speaker 3: Appreciate that?
Speaker 2: No problem?
Speaker 3: I would say this, you know, being on Financial Viz, I was in the game for twelve years and it was crazy because I actually started in two thousand and eight. I started at the beginning of the worst recession since the Great Depression, and that's how it started, and I got to like experience that, like that was my entry into the world of finance. So history always repeats itself over the course of time. I don't think it's gonna be as bad as that situation because there was a lot of factors that go into play. But one thing that probably won't be on the good side like they did last time in that situation or in the Corona, is I don't think they're gonna pump as much money into the marketplace, so it might be a little bit more prolonged. Bear markets usually last eight years, I mean eight months, so you know, it might be shoppy for a while and painful for a while. And another thing that when you study history is that you realize that during bull market runs, the stocks and the classes that go up the most go down the most in the next bear market. So that's why I was always saying that, you know, I felt like was over overinflated. I felt a lot of those tech companies was just you know, running up too much, and now tech is down the most. It's no, it's following what history usually predicts. So I would sell people to be patient to understand it's not going to be something in my opinion, that you're just going to catch the bottom tomorrow and then it's just going to be like, you know, all good again next week, Like you know, just be patient. It might take a while for this to actually settle before we actually see some sunny days, like long term sunny days. It might be a couple here and there. Put your money in positions that you think have good long term you know, appreciation. We talk about that all the time, all of the stocks that we talk about, all the ETFs that we talk about, costs, Michael, Microsoft, Apple, the S and P five hundred XLK xl Y, you know, things of that nature. Google Amazon, especially after the split. But also you have to have a strategy in place. So like for me personally, about a month and a half ago, I told Troy he didn't agree with what I did at the time. But almost two months ago, I sold around eighty percent of of my options, my long term options. I saw how it was going, and you have to ask yourself, would I rather Would I rather take one hundred eighty percent profit or run the risk of losing everything. He's a decision for me to make exited my my positions. I didn't exit all of them. I probably should have exited all of them, to be completely honest with you're looking at looking back qq Q. But that's a December twenty twenty three call. I'm in Apple, I'm in an Apple call, and I'm in a XY call still, but I sold I sold SMH, I sold AMD, I sold Apple, I sold Microsoft, and I sold XY. But there was January twenty twenty three calls too, So you run the risk of, you know, I have no doubt that all of those companies are gonna you know, flourish, but you kind of run the risk that January will be here before you know it. So you got to kind of make calculate decisions. But well I will do is wait for this this thing to really, you know, see how bad it's going to get. Of course, making long term most of the money is going to go long term. But I'm gonna put some some money in some options on like a slingshot situation from a see twenty four as far as far out as I can go, as far out as I can go, depending on how long this situation lasts. But to answer your question, Ian, I don't really like to do options on individual stocks too much unless it's like an Apple Microsoft. I will be tempted on Google if if they continue to fall, and maybe Amazon, especially after the split. We have to see how that situation plays out. But I mean it definitely like an XL Y or like an XLK. I look at like the ETF that I'm already invested in and see which one has the deepest pullback, and yeah, I'll probably I'll probably put some money into that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you if you do XL Y, so you're a lot broke, what what like way take gets to like one twenty two, like one fifteen. As far as Google, we have to just for the split. But if it this sounds to like eighteen hundred, woll fire.
Speaker 3: Load the boat.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it's opportunities. It's always opportunities in every crisis. But a this is why it's always good to have money on the sideline. You know, the dollar is actually stronger and our relative to other currencies over the world. That's a good thing, even though inflation is sky high. But you know, it's nothing wrong with shitting money on the sidelines and just being patient and just waiting because there's always opportunities, but you run the risk of losing a lot of money when you try to buy the dip and it keeps dipping.
Speaker 2: When I dip? You did we dip?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And can we be honest about the dip? Is not the strategy. It is a localism to tell people when you don't want to give a real answer on word to the best. Yeah, that's all you're like going, Hey, what's the key to success?
Speaker 2: Brother? Just work hard, keep man, God gonna make away? Yeah, God go make away. I need to plan though, keep the faith you guys have to learn. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank brilliantly boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly boring since eighteen sixty five. Is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association member FDIC erness What's Up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate, Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 5: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer, speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 4: And discern when people are just b asking you or don't want to upset you because they're like, no, I'm not gonna give you the answer.
Speaker 2: Every artist that you ever heard a what's the key to success? Man? Just record you know, network somebody you hear you. If you're an Idaho, probably not broh oh. You need a full plan, shout out the fire plan.
Speaker 3: And cash is not necessarily trash. It's only trash when you have no strategy. But cash can be extremely effective when you have a strategy in place. Put money on the side lines and then you wait to deploy it. You don't have to rush. You don't have to rush into an investment. And to be completely honest with you about it, if you're playing in this individual stock game, a lot of people just talk about individual stocks because they just want to entertain you because there's not really that many good stocks to invest in, and a lot of these individual stocks are extremely risky. You don't really see ETF, a good ETF or a good index from pulling back like seventy percent, you know, like you see a lot of stocks pull back seventy eight percent. So I'm gonna be honest with you. We could talk about like these individual stocks the stock of the week, and this stock and this stock that's different.
Speaker 2: Media.
Speaker 4: That's how y'all blew up your account. I'm okay, let me get back SA put yes and check. Would you have lost less money if you would have just invested in voll VTI, Apple and Microsoft. It almost would take the act of God. The probability of Apple and Microsoft falling at the same time, you have a greater likelihood.
Speaker 2: And I'm in Los Angeles now, you.
Speaker 4: Have a greater probability of California falling off into the ocean. Mathematically, then Apple and Microsoft falling seventy percent at the same time.
Speaker 2: Hope is not a strategy. What is the math? And if if Apple and Microsoft falls before twenty twenty seven, that's when you will start to see.
Speaker 4: If Tim Cook retires and you start to get some head ones about China takeing TSM, that's over for America. I'm just gonna be real with you. Tim Cook is a lynch pin than's saving America right now. If he retires, I'm come right on, I don't care. Saturday night, I was over with let it all go straight.
Speaker 2: Cash. Cash is better than negative seventy percent.
Speaker 3: That is a fact. That is one hundred factual. And that's why I say stop listening to everybody telling you don't keep cash. Nah, you gotta have some a You got to have cash as a savings account for an emergency fund. But even bigger than that. Like you said, the only thing I'm nervous about my portfolio is options. My long term is not really not really nervous about long term smooth because eventually it's going to come back. But a lot of people had one hundred percent of their portfolio on options. That's dangerous.
Speaker 4: You never want to put all your eggs in one basket unless you like gambling and you want.
Speaker 2: A heart attack.
Speaker 4: That's how I keep telling you to tech and if I can, A lot of people chase that high of those wins. I mean, my guy, I was talking about it earlier. When you guys like I want to be an entrepreneur, I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, no, you don't.
Speaker 4: You're like, why you be so aggy? Sixteen hours a day to do it? Trust me, four years, right, So you may not have success in your business for six years. Imagine working six days a week for six years and everyone's telling you crazy and it doesn't work and you're not making money. A lot of people wanted those how flying wins, from futures options to rivetals because they didn't want the sacrifice of putting it in the business and work. Whatever endeavor you are a part of, you're going to have to learn a master that you're gonna get your ass kicked anyway. Safety is key, and if you right now, some of you, if you would have just invested, even on the option side, just an Apple and Microsoft, you'd be up. You would have had family and friends who would end up giving you too three hundred four hundred, five hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: So a lot of people quiet now, and.
Speaker 4: I get it, but use this these losses' motivation to never make these mistakes again and study your ass off.
Speaker 2: But literally, there isn't one company that is available to the public or that is known that can give twenty percent return per year for ten years, trillion dollar opportunity.
Speaker 4: All this technology everybody know our side, Sylcastics and fives and all that shit can't produce twenty percent. Most business owners like, are you crazy. It's a bad year for a normal business.
Speaker 2: It's important lesson too, like you said, so, like we I spoke about this Saturday, and it was like the biggest lesson is that I have to see the losses early, right, so I know not to make the mistakes. And so some people are in that space right now, like they started investing. Like we said that influx of investors, especially African Americans that came into space in twenty twenty and twenty twenty one. This is their time. But that cash on the side is so vialdly important because the other part of hey having those losses early is also saying, man, if I have more capital to deploy when the market was down, I'd be so much further ahead. And so it's cool to say like, yeah, I have money on the side, but actually having that plan and having the actual companies that you want to invest in and saying, all right, now I have the capital of deploy because it's nothing like when you have like one thousand dollars to invest in a company, right, and you say it old time men. When you invest the little, the least amount, that stock always shoots up to a fifty two weeks high all time high. Right. And then when you finally get the capitol and you put ten thousand in right here, we go twenty percent pullback. So it's part of it.
Speaker 3: It's going to get worse before it gets better. My graduates from my school being forced back drop bag drop Mike, drop back.
Speaker 2: Drop b drop.
Speaker 5: Weight loss solutions are not one size fits all. Hers makes it simpler to get started and with a weight loss plan backed by expert guided online care that puts your weight loss goals first.
Speaker 2: These include oral medication kits or compounded GLP one injections through Hers. Pricing for oral medication kits start at just sixty nine dollars a month for a ten month plan when paid in full upfront, no hidden fees, no membership fees. You shouldn't have to go out of your way to feel like yourself.
Speaker 5: Hers brings expert care straight to you with one hundred percent online access to personalized treatment plans that puts your goals first. Reach your weight loss goals with help through Hers.
Speaker 2: Get started at for hers dot.
Speaker 5: Com slash for you to access affordable, doctor trusted weight loss plans.
Speaker 1: That's for hers dot com slash for you, f O r h ers dot com slash for you paid for by hymns and Hers Health. Weight Loss by Hers is not available everywhere.
Speaker 2: Compounded products are not FDA approved or verified for safety, effectiveness, or quality.
Speaker 1: Prescription required restrictions at for hers dot com apply