Speaker 1: Anytime the Dodgers say it's not a big deal, we don't see that player for the next two months. I get, I really do, But in this case, I think I think the Dodgers were simply just airing on the side of caution.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody, what is going on? Welcome to Dodgers' Territory, brand new episode, Alana Rizzo, Katie wu Clint to see us with you guys ahead of the fourth of July holiday. We are psyched that you're here. Get your questions, in, your comments, your concerns. We're going to open up the chat. We're going to answer some of your questions today more than we usually do. At least, we're going to try to do that. Don't forget to subscribe to us on YouTube, wherever you get your podcasts, Apple, Spotify. You know the drill. We appreciate it. All right, let's get into the big ticket talk about series recap. First things. First, let's talk about Mookie, who has been on a tear recently offensively, but but perhaps more of the bigger question Katie scratched before the game, what can you tell us?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we talked to Dave Roberts after Wednesday. It's Wednesday's loss, where he said, you know, we just kind of flared up for Mookie's wrists. He found out about one o'clock on Wednesday. They don't think it's anything serious. They expect him to be back in the lineup for the first of four against the Padres today. Now I know what Dodger fans are going to say. Anytime the Dodgers say it's not a big deal, we don't see that player for the next two months. I get it, I really do. But in this case, I think I think the Dodgers were simply just airing on the side of caution. There was no reason to push Mooki yesterday. I don't want to suggest that the Dodgers were exactly punting yesterday, but they wrapped up the series there in the middle of thirteen in a row, and I think it was pretty much a designated rest day for a lot of those guys. So I expect to see Mookie Bess in the lineup today. If not, I don't think Dodgers fans will be surprised. But my understanding is that it was not that big of a deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm not terribly worried about Mookie.
Speaker 4: Then again, we weren't terribly worried about Will Smith until his head fell off or whatever exactly happened to him. But I will be the one to fall on the sword. Yes yesterday was a punt game, and it became a punt game after about the first pitch from Charlie Barnes that said, not all.
Speaker 3: Punt games are built different.
Speaker 4: You know, we could think back to a lot of the twenty twenty four postseason, Brent Honeywell's punt game where he just sat in there and took it against the Mets, and how much that recharged the Dodgers. You could also think to in a way, Walker Buehler's twenty twenty four punt game against the Padres that started a long scoreless streak for the Padres. Dodgers moving on, so on and so forth, got us a little bit in trouble with the organization because we were upset about a punt game in the World Series. Of course, we end up talking to Dave Roberts about him and every once in a while it's okay to have these kind of games.
Speaker 3: Now, it wasn't.
Speaker 4: The computers didn't say for everybody that hates the computers. They didn't say Hey, go out there and lose this game. There was intent to win. Just wasn't their day their day, you know. JT Gin awesome former Dodgers draft pick didn't sign here, was awesome against the Dodgers and the end of a long Roadie.
Speaker 3: They were happy to get out of there.
Speaker 4: And either of you guys that want to take this so you know, actually I'll throw to you on this one, Alana.
Speaker 3: You know, we know how much those those.
Speaker 4: Type of bullpen games, like, yeah, the line is not sexy for Charlie Barnes, but damn does that clubhouse appreciate what they did?
Speaker 2: Twelve twelve, The Dodgers have a twelve game lead in me and omore. Yeah, you know, sometimes you just need a breather, right, and sometimes you just have to know the role of what you are. And Charlie Barnes was in there to wear it. That happens sometimes. We knew it was going to be a bullpen game there. It is twelve game lead in the division, they are in first place. They're seven and three in their last ten, fifty six and thirty one. I don't mind these types of games at all. They have to play for the long game, right, It's not just about game whatever it was yesterday. I mean, they're fifty six and thirty one, so what is that eighty nine? It's not just about game number eighty nine. It's about one sixty two and we're over getting into the postseason. So hey, I'm alright with it. It's fine. Sometimes you're going to have those, and it's much better when you have a twelve game late in the division than when you're scraping and crying trying to get into the postseason.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want I want to dive more into that as well.
Speaker 4: Was the I think either the longest road trip second longest road trip the team. I mean, up to this point, it's the longest one, Katie. They went eight and two on this roadie, including the Charlie Barnes game.
Speaker 3: Fifty six and.
Speaker 4: Thirty one overall in the division, twenty five games. Sorry, the record overall twenty five games, over five hundred and twelve game league, Like Alta said.
Speaker 3: That's ridiculous.
Speaker 4: And you know, does it get difficult trying to you know, cover this team. You you have to cover this team a lot more professionally than I ever have. I wonder because you know, every once in a while, we could make up storylines or whatever. You can get lean into the clickbait if you need to. A former Dodger retired or something like that. Now, all of a sudden, you have a team that's just really, really good. What are you supposed to do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a great question. And we joke all the time the Dodgers are so boring and they like it that way. You know, I'm certainly not bored covering the Dodgers. But you know, it's not like we're sitting here. I mean, it's July second. We have ten games left before the All Star break. All ten games for the Dodgers are going to be at home against NL West opponents. They can essentially all but officially lock up this division before the All Star Break. And I get it. You know, it's not like Weroworth here in a jam packed NL East, where all a sudden, the Phillies have risen from the dead and it's a competition between them and the Braves where every game matters. The Dodgers have the luxury of being able to take a game off for the long haul. Everything Alana just said about the Charlie Barnes game and saving the bullpen was spot on. It's exactly right for one hundred and sixty two plus game season that the Dodgers will play. Sometimes you just have to take a breather and you do kind of punt it away. It's for the long haul.
Speaker 5: So is it boring?
Speaker 1: I mean, we have Showyo Tani Yamamoto Sasaki just alone.
Speaker 5: Those starts are entertaining for me. We have the trade deadline coming up about a month away. That's always fun.
Speaker 1: Where I'm a little concerned is like the dog days come August. But then you think about all these guys coming back, Snell Glass. Now, perhaps Key k Evan Phillips should be back before the break, Edmund Diaz, He's going to face live hitters this weekend. So yeah, is it boring from a competitive spot, Sure, I can understand why that word is used, but you got to figure out angles and as long as Dalton Rushing is on this team, it won't be boring.
Speaker 5: So we speaking of that.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Dalton Rushing, a Will Smith update, what can you say about that, Katie? Because Dave Roberts did say that he did not anticipate Will Smith being back prior to the All Star break, which means Dalton Rushing is even more important. It means Robinson is even more important. What do you think about that?
Speaker 1: I mean it goes to why most fans and I mentioned yesterday, were very skeptical about Mookie Pets's wrisk forness. Right, the Dodgers downplay their injuries, that's okay, but this one, I really do think they were caught off guard by the length. I think Will Smith as well. But the good news is I'm not at all suggesting that they're just taking it easy with Will Smith.
Speaker 5: Obviously he wants to be back.
Speaker 1: The good news is is that with Dalton Rushing and Chuckie Robinson, they may not be the superstar names that Dodgers fans don't expect, but that battery duo is still better than fifty percent of the production of any other team, So I understand it. You can really maximize the Dodgers' potential behind the plate with Will Smith and Dalton Rushing. I know Chucky Robinson his role was essentially catch a date in front of a.
Speaker 5: Night game or vice versa, and lay down a bunt.
Speaker 1: But the Dodgers are okay with the production they're getting from their catchers right now. In July, with the twelve game lead and the best record in baseball, and can afford to be patient with Will Smith so he doesn't rush back and further injured what could be a serious thing. You never want to play around with neck back injuries, so they'd rather err on the side of caution and wait till Will is totally symptom free. And if that means buying him an extra week building in the All Star break, they're okay doing that because they feel like the production is sustainable. You look around what the Dodgers lineup is doing lately. I tend to agree everybody wants.
Speaker 5: Will Smith back, I get it.
Speaker 1: But what Dalton Rushing is doing and Chuckie Robinson and Dewey is doing is that little combination is just fine. And this is a big opportunity for Dalton to continue growing. And I'm sure we'll have some questions in the chat about it, but all eyes more than usual are going to be on show. Hey and Dalton Friday against the Padres because they'll be their first start together since that little fiasco in Minnesota, and this is a big growing opportunity. Talking around the clubhouse with some veterans, a story we'll have out in the Athletic tomorrow about how Dalton's continuing to grow. He doesn't get this experience without a little bit of runway here. So if you're looking for a silver lining, it's Dalton rushing can have a chance to take a step forward, both physically and mentally.
Speaker 5: Hopefully Will Smith is back at the end of the break.
Speaker 2: Going back to what you were saying about it's never boring cover this team. I want to know what you think about the fact that they do have such a gigantic lead. I remember we had a conversation with Dino Ebel about the fact that you want to play meaningful teams because if you have the competition and the adversity early on, then you've really faced everything over the course of the season. Right now, they're running away with this thing, right and that has always been the goal for this team. The first goal of the year is to win the division. They're barring something catastrophic that's going to happen. So that being said, I guess it's a very long way to say. Can a lead be too large?
Speaker 1: That's a great question, and I think with the team. Every team is different. So while the Dodgers' core is it's the same. It's the same players that have won this last two World Series. Each team and the makeup within a clubhouse is different, and if this is a completely inexperienced clubhouse, I could see why that might be more of a concern. But this core has done this before. There is a ton of experience. So when you're looking at maybe the younger guys like Dalton, you know, maybe like an Alex Freeland that doesn't have a ton of experience, that might be different. But the overall core of this club knows what it's like to kind.
Speaker 5: Of turn it on in October.
Speaker 1: And there's something to be said about playing meaningful games all season long. You kind of want the anticipation in September because the playoffs are all about who gets hot at the right time, especially now that they're expanded.
Speaker 5: So I can buy.
Speaker 1: Into that, But I think that's a problem that you look at down the road, because, like you said, a lot of party number one is to win the division. Priorty number two is to lock down and buy, and you never know what teams are going to look like in September, so a team could go on a heater. We saw that in the American League last year. With the with the Guardians, right or the Tigers. One of them blew it, one of them came in. Uh So just never know.
Speaker 2: I don't really Yeah, Guardians on the heat, Tigers blew it.
Speaker 1: Right, and now I don't see that happening in this division. But you just it's hard to predict what teams are going to look like in September minus Los Angeles. Uh And but with this core, I'm really not concerned as long as anyone stays healthy or everyone's healthy.
Speaker 4: Now for me, when we're having this conversation, Alana, I do think back to I always have that fear of the twenty twenty two, twenty twenty three seasons where.
Speaker 3: They did have that ability to coast.
Speaker 4: I mean, they had the division locked up early early in September, and then they got their asses handed to them by the Diamondbacks and before that the Padres, and I mean thankfully that happened, because that's kind of what spurred forward, what moved forward, Like ef it, we're gonna spend all the money and we're gonna go get show Hey, which is always gonna be the plan when he became a free agent.
Speaker 3: We're gonna get Show Hey.
Speaker 4: We're gonna get Glass now we're gonna also get Yamamoto and all that kind of stuff. But I think of just I wouldn't say the complacency. And I see some people in the chat mentioning that word complacency. And we are gonna get to the chat shortly in the next segment, So guys keep dropping in those those questions, comments, all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: You do.
Speaker 4: Worry about that switch. We have talked about a lot, riz When do you flip the switch back on? When do you start to coast a little bit too much? In August in September, you could have a question about the what twenty seventeen team end of August into the start of September, they lost like seventeen of twenty one games before turning it back on, making to a World series, getting cheated out of a fair fight in a World series.
Speaker 3: We don't need to talk about that.
Speaker 4: But flipping the switch off, maybe sometimes that switch doesn't flip back on. And you know, I guess right now what you're playing for is trying to somehow get to one hundred and sixteen, one hundred and seventeen wins. If that is you know what tickles your pickle. But I do want to see the Dodgers playing meaningful games against teams that are in the hunt late in the season. So I do have I have concerns about running away.
Speaker 3: With the n West. As fun as it is to say I have.
Speaker 2: Concerns, I don't only because of what Katie was saying about experience. This is not a young roster. This is not a roster that has not been through these trials and tribulations before or lack thereof. Rather, this is a roster that has expectations to go to the World Series and win the World Series. And yes, you can't flip it on and off in baseball. And I will say this no matter what though, regardless if the Dodgers were tied in the division at the end of the regular season and had a Game one sixty three play in, or whether they have a fifty eight game lead in the division, it all matters on who's on your roster at the time that the world SERI or excuse me, the postseason starts. Who's healthy and who's you know, who's playing the best baseball? But moreover than that, who is healthy at the time are we going to have Blake snellback? At that point, are we going to have, you know, a healthy Yamamoto. I know he's healthy now. But regardless of what happens over the course of the season, right, it doesn't matter to me. All they have to do is win the division by one game and that that crosses that off of their list. It doesn't matter if it's by you know, fifty games or one game. Just win it and then to Katie's point, get the buye. That's your next goal. But you have to be healthy and you have to be playing good baseball out that time. So it doesn't concern me because the Dodgers have the same goal no matter what, whether they win it by a billion games or they won it by one game. This is a team that is built for October period.
Speaker 3: That they are that they are, and I do agree that.
Speaker 4: The first thing I'll say is the fact that they have been there and done that. They've learned how to play with the five day layoff, you know, between a series, they learn how to play in a wildcard series and win. So yeah, the experience, the fact that they've been there and done that, that's huge for this ball club. We got more dt of course to come. We're taking your comments, questions, all that kind of stuff coming up. First, I'm going to tell you about sea Geek because they are a sponsor on today's show.
Speaker 3: And guys, the Dodgers.
Speaker 4: Are returning home after a lengthy road trip, some of which Katie was a part of. So I'm sure she's happy to be home and happy to have proper lighting in her apartment. But yeah, Dodgers return home for a nice long home stand to end the first half, the unofficial first half four against the Padres. And you got the Rockies Diamondbacks before the All Star break. And if anybody has missed the boys in Blue at home, you're now going to have plenty of opportunity to get some you know, get some tickets.
Speaker 3: Go out there.
Speaker 4: We're always going to recommend that you, guys get those tickets with our friend. You see it there on the screen, the seat geek Riz, Why don't you tell them more?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Over thirty five million downloads, guys, sea Geek is the number one rated ticketing app. You can get your tickets to Dodger games, concerts, festivals, the All Star game, home run derby all of the things. Seakeek hases your back because each ticket is rated on a scale of one to ten, so you know you're getting a good deal. Look for the green dots. Though green means good, thread means bad. Pretty self explanatory. And every ticket is backed by their buyer guarantee. And of course we have a code for you guys. They support us, We want to support you. Territory ten. That is your code. Ten percent off your next set of Major League Baseball tickets at seat Geek. That's ten percent off any Major League Baseball tickets with promo code Territory ten. Make sure you click the link in the description to download the app, have the code automatically added to your account so you can use it later. We appreciate you seek Geek for being a partner on our show.
Speaker 3: Bleeding Blue. We haven't Bled Blue for a while.
Speaker 4: A proper Q and a segment, I guess we can say, and let's jump into the chat here. Of course, people have some thoughts about the punt and all of this kind of stuff from yesterday's game. Our friend Richie Flores, we got him a couple of times in here saying I understand why Dave punted yesterday. Wasting Otani against the A's would not have been good Padres come in limping time to bury the padres.
Speaker 3: It's the bigger picture. I guess that's much of a question, but a comment.
Speaker 2: See, that's why I think we should stop calling it punting. Not because I got in trouble when I did that, but moreover, it's like, it's you have to play the long game, right, you have to look at the big picture. Dave is not just managing for game eighty nine. Dave is managing for one sixty two. He knows his players better, he knows you know, the man has yet to make a move that has backfired in recent postseasons. Right, and again, this is why the team is put together is for the postseason. So it's not punting. It's more of like, all right, big picture, how is this going to help us in the long run. How is this going to help us win as many games as possible and go deep into the postseason. It's a big puzzle. It's a big puzzle to put together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and a good point there about show hey not starting against the A's what if we talked about all season long with Otani making sure he gets at least six days rest. I mean, they crafted a whole rotation around this man, and it would be the first time that he wasn't able to do that this season because the Dodgers are playing so many games in a row thirteen, I believe. So you push show Hey back, you give him some time to rest recover. There's not going to be a lot of recovery heading into the All Star break. This all has moving parts, moving pieces. A game like yesterday is going to happen to every team in baseball at least a couple times.
Speaker 5: Thtarughout the season.
Speaker 1: That the Dodgers can do it and still come across with the best record in baseball, a significant winning row trip. All of this, to me is just water under the bridge. You can reset the bullpen ahead of four games against the Padres, who got beat up yesterday in Chicago and they have not won a game since Friday's victory against the Dodgers. So opportunity again to take advantage of against one of your division rivals, rush show Hey, keep them healthy and go from there. To me, I don't really think that punt game is that big of a deal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I guess it's also depending on how you define punt. Everybody's gonna have a different definition for what that game was on Wednesday? Is I think you said it perfect? That was his game eighty nine. I didn't care nothing, actually know if it was eighty nine. Math is not my strong suit, but it was hashtag math baby. Yeah, I don't care. It elicited no feelings of anger. I was tired, but that had nothing to do with the game. But anyways, Dodgers are gonna lose games. And shout out Charlie Barnes for picking up bunch of innings.
Speaker 5: We shout out Charlie Barnes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, legendary Charlie Barnes.
Speaker 4: Question here coming from Sammy boys Smith in the chat. We'll throw this to Wu Diaz and Phillips doing rehab soon.
Speaker 3: What are their jobs now? One's already on rehab. Done, but go ahead, Katie.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Evan Phillips through another inning for triple A yesterday. We asked Dave Roberts when we could see Phillips. It's all but sure he'll be back before the All Star breaks. So sometime during this homestand he's checked all the boxes, he's gone back to back, he's gone multi innings, he's coming back from Tommy Johns. So Dodgers want to be extra careful. Obviously, this is someone they think is going to be a big help for them in the second half. So the last kind of box for Evan Phillips to check is to simply just be a reliever. And you're probably like, what does that even mean. It's how a lot of these rehab assignments are scripted.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: Guys know exactly coming in, how long they're going to be on for, what their schedule is. Are they going to go an inning on Wednesday and then two on Friday when as they're back to back when I got to go up and down? So that's all scripted. What they want Evan Phillips to do is be ready at a moment's notice. So that's what the Dodgers mean by be a reliever. Just you know, he's going to come in without a plan and be ready to pitch when the game dictates it. He did that yesterday, so cross into their box. They'll probably do it maybe one more time, but we will. Should should see Evan Phillips before the All Star break and then Edwin Diaz who stowed a couple bullpens at Dodger Stadium. Dave Roberts caught the one on Monday, flew from LA to Sacramento that morning before the series, said, both Blake Snell and Edwon Diaz look really good. So Diaz is going to face live hitters this weekend at Dodger Stadium. He'll probably have to do that one more time at least before her. You have assignment and then it's all about recovery there. Performance is really secondary at that point. What the Dodgers want to see when Evan Diaz starts a rehab assignment is DOESI look healthy? Is he executing? Can he check the boxes? And because he's only going to be pitching in one any instance, that rehab assignment should theoretically take less time than a multi ending reliever such as Evan Phillips or Brock Stewart. So kind of a vague timeline still on Edwin Diaz, but we're getting closer and closer. In my speculation, maybe we're looking right around trade deadline for Evan Daz to come back. So it is just like making a trade, as every front oppice exact flights to say that type of year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's funny a lot of Edwin Diaz with somebody.
Speaker 4: I did not anticipate the Dodgers really being in on in the off season. Of course, he was somebody you had on your big board of hoping that they could get a legitimate closer. But we're talking about all of this commanding lead. They're twenty five games over five hundred, best record in baseball by a game and a half over the Brewers, which the Brewers they sold their soul to somebody. But isn't it funny that they're able to do all of this without their all star, superstar closer.
Speaker 2: It's funny owl of Minerva in our chat. Oh my god, we're getting Phillips and Diaz back soon, Q evil laughter, Mo. How good this team is?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: The best closer in the game has not been available for two months or three months, or whatever the heck it is, and they're still kicking butt and taking names and you're getting Evan Phillips back. I mean, yes, it's an embarrassment of riches. But you know what, that is what the Los Angeles Dodgers do. They have made themselves into a destination location. The people that want to play, the people that we want want to play in LA. And that's just the way that it's been for the last few years. To me, Edwin Diaz was the biggest name on the board period, not just biggest pitcher on the board, biggest name on the board period. So this is just a situation where you know, the better team is getting these guys because they want to play there. They want an opportunity to win. Look at what the Mets are doing right now. And again I'm trying to tell you people, money doesn't buy championships. Look at the Mets. So you know this is this is a situation that I can't wait to get him back. I can't wait to hear the song again. But the Dodgers have handled it. Another other in the cap of Dave Roberts, by the way, congratulations on over one thousand victories. Another feather in the cap of the way that Bardo and Mark Pryor and mcguinnis and Dave have handled the pitching staff. They've done an unbelievably good job at maneuvering the pieces in the puzzle that they have available to them. And it's just like getting reinforcements. And again, it's going to be a huge pickup at the trade deadline, and they don't have to give anybody away for it because he's already on the roster.
Speaker 3: It's funny if I forgot about the music that we're going to get.
Speaker 4: As somebody called it in my other chat, shout out Noah Tina trumpet, No no Is Alexander Tina trumpets. We're gonna get the lady back there with the trumpet at Dodger Stadium because we only saw that a few times.
Speaker 3: Got to get that going again. Why not? Why not? They got the money, they can make it happen.
Speaker 4: We got another question here in relation to yesterday, young ye in the chat. If River Ryan were healthy, would they have brought him up for yesterday's game?
Speaker 3: Katie? What do you think?
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a good question. I certainly think it'd be a topic of discs that River Ryan was getting real close and we could kind of sense it against the emmetschean start against the Orioles in the middle of whatever month.
Speaker 5: It just was June.
Speaker 1: Where Dave said, you know, it will take us next start, but we will make a decision from there. And then River Ryan was put on the ail with a second hamstring issue of the season. So if he was healthy, I definitely think that would have been in consideration because the front office had floated the idea around already in weeks prior where if River Ryan was built up he could spot start, it wouldn't mess up their long plan to make sure that he could stay healthy, which as we see now was really important. That they're going to do that and are going to continue to do it at this point. So yeah, I think that would have been in consideration. And no disrespect to Charlie Barnes again who went out and did his job reset the bullpen, but I think that's something that a lot of Dodgers fans would have liked to see, and that's why you have depth in your minor league system to go out and have someone that you're excited about go spot start. So that wouldn't have surprised me if River Ryan was an option to see him there Wednesday. Alas he was not. The good news for River Ryan because I don't think we've talked about it much on the show. Show is that the Dodgers taught me. If you heard this before, don't think it's.
Speaker 5: That big of a deal.
Speaker 1: But we do know that he doesn't have to stop throwing. He's not throwing off a mountain, he's throwing off flat ground. But when you're a picture. What's most important that you can keep your arm moving and throwing so they'll rest the hamstring.
Speaker 5: It is more of a.
Speaker 1: Just kind of an annoying blow for the Dodgers at this point because they want to see River Ryan so badly. They still believe he could be an option for them later in the second half of the season or maybe even out of their bullpen in the postseason. Asterisk should he stay healthy?
Speaker 3: Is Monty python there?
Speaker 4: It's only a flesh wounds, that's the injury. Yeah, kind of how the injuries go couple rapid fire. Here we got another comment. I guess it's a question for me from Richie because he wants credit for not being a creep to Katie, which you know you shouldn't.
Speaker 3: Get credit for.
Speaker 1: Did you not get credit for that?
Speaker 3: Just doing like the bare minimum?
Speaker 4: And thankfully Diane in the chat, don't worry case he's never going to the mad case, I.
Speaker 1: Am that's my girl. No, Richie, Richie, was it you that posted I saw the Summit for you page on Twitter a very questionable photo of you with a Manny Machado cup.
Speaker 5: Was that you? I can't tell it? Gave me es.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I knew it.
Speaker 4: He's a part of my My All Dodgers discord chat. By the way, you guys shout out patroon dot com, sass real left r G give me your money. But we gave him so much crap because this is a guy he obsesses over Manny Machado talks a bunch of about the Padres, calls into like Padres podcasts and whatnot.
Speaker 3: He's just wherever he can go. Shout out also your friends Ben and woods Angel.
Speaker 4: It's like, why would you give the Padres money and get the Machado cup.
Speaker 3: It was a decision. Out of all the decisions he has made, it was it was one of them.
Speaker 4: We got a nine to ninety nine super chat from Court Court for medical in the chat.
Speaker 3: We appreciate that.
Speaker 4: To his trade talks, either Joe Ryan or Sonny Gray and the Dodgers radar, they aren't as good as Schoogle, yet you know you'd be trading less to get them.
Speaker 2: I feel like I could tell you that Sunny Gray is really pitched unbelievably well for the Boston Red Solacks. I mean he just took a no hitter into the seventh inning against the Yankees. He's going tomorrow or excuse me, he's going on what is today Thursday, so tomorrow's Friday, he's going on Saturday against the Angels. He's been every bit as good as they would have hoped that he could have been. Veteran presence obviously on the Mount. I would not mind having Sunny Gray. I mean, he would have to say it was okay, because he did wave his no trade clause to come over to the Red Sox. But and he did say the other day he would consider doing it again if that's the direction that the Red Sox wanted to go. And I would not have a problem getting Sunny Gray if we need him. I mean, where are we at with Blake Snell? Where are we at with Tyler glasnow that do we need him? I don't know so, but in the event that we.
Speaker 4: Did, okayel say yes, that would feel like sort of I wouldn't say out of nowhere like the Jack Flarerity edition was.
Speaker 3: But I don't think anybody was expecting Jack.
Speaker 4: Flarerity a couple of years ago and hey whatever, you World Series champion. Uh any thought any teeth of that Gray, Sonny Gray, Joe Ryan being on the radar, Well, I saw I.
Speaker 1: Covered Sunny Gray for two years in Saint Louis and he's a playoff starter, right, and he's this is the guy that's going to be an All Star again. Well, Deserved went through a lot in Saint Louis. Thought he was going to a contender, clearly was not. Thought he was going to contender in Boston is not. So I feel for him there at this point in his career, he wants to win. However, for the Dodgers, what they're looking at, no matter who it is, whether it's Joe Ryan, Sunny Gray's Schooble, throw your starter of preference in there. The Dodgers aren't looking to make any big additions to their active roster unless they have to. The last couple of years here, Freeman has said, we hope to avoid the trade deadline. We don't want to be really active in there. And if they're going to look for a starting pitcher, that means two things.
Speaker 5: Two.
Speaker 1: One, it means something has happened with Blake Snell or Tyler Glass now where they feel like they need it. Two, if they're going to go look for a starting pitcher, it has to be someone that's going to fit into a starting rotation of four that already includes Otani, Yamamoto and ideally Snell and Glass. Now, there are not a lot of pitchers to me that jump off the page minus school, that.
Speaker 5: Fit into a rotation that's already that good.
Speaker 1: So I don't see the Dodgers going out and just trading for starting pitching depth. Would Joe Ryan and Sunny Gray make almost any team better? Yes, for this Dodgers team. And this is not a knock on these guys, it's it's a testament to the Dodgers rotation. They're your number five starter, So does that really make them better? If the Dodgers have their perfect world like Clinton I talked about yesterday, of the four starters they want in the playoffs, are you even gonna throw a Sunny Gray or Joe Ryan in the NLDS? Probably not, so to just depends. That's why. What's what over the next four weeks, what Snell and Glass now look like and how they progress is going to be super important.
Speaker 3: Percent got to be healthy. It's you gotta be healthy. Two more quick ones here.
Speaker 4: First, I want to shout out Lindsey who became a member here on the team channel.
Speaker 3: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: If you guys, I quickly read that. At first I thought I said she just became a mother. I was like, oh, it's.
Speaker 4: No, No, it's much much better that It's much better.
Speaker 3: And if you guys.
Speaker 4: Also want to become a YouTube member, support the show, support that the gang here at three ninety nine a month, you get discounts in the Dodgy Territory shop. You also get our occasional members only show access, which we will plan the next one soon. But the final question comes from Jason, another one for Katie. From your perspective, how much of Dalton Rushing's issues are just immaturity or is that overblown?
Speaker 1: I saw this question pop up in real time, so shout out Quint for adding it because it's it's a good one, Jason, especially, there are going to be a lot of eyes, like we talked about on Dalton Rushing this weekend, especially that Friday start with Otani, and I think a little bit of that is true, and I think the I think Dave Roberts has said as much. I think his veteran teammates have said as much. Dalton has some maturing to do. It continues to be a work in progress. But you look around the clubhouse and you see the players and the staff that are coming out to support him. What we see during the game, like thirty second flashes on the dugout or you know on the on deck circle where guys are talking to him. That's a fraction of what's going on behind the scenes. And this will be out in the athletic tomorrow, a shameless plug talking to guys like Freddy Freeman who say, you know, I wish people could see who Dalton Rushing is inside the clubhouse or on the bus or on the plane, like he is nowhere near that twenty second clip that.
Speaker 5: You see on social media.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, he has to do a better job of controlling himself so that you don't have those twenty second clips in social media. And Dalton said as much too. We sat down for about twenty five minutes yesterday behind Centerfield and beautiful West Sacramento, where he said, you know, it's embarrassing when I see those clips of myself, and I have to be better. I have to get people a reason to believe that who my teammates say that I am, I actually am. And I think that was a really good moment of awareness and reflection for Dalton.
Speaker 5: I'm excited for the story to come out.
Speaker 1: You think about guys like Fridi Freeman, Mickey row Key, Key Hernandez, they're all essentially like his baseball dads, and they all have very different parenting styles. So with Dalton, a lot of it is growing up, adjusting to the starting role for the Los Ange Dodgers right now, all of the social media e clips that you know, he's earned, right, He's kind of earned this this scrutiny because of how he's acted. Now it's about growing up from that, learning from a bunch of guys that have been in similar positions early in their careers before, and this is a good chance for him to do so. So a little immaturity. What is going to be telling to me, because these players, these guys are only going to do this for so long, is can he make this change? I think that start in Minnesota was a big eye opener for him, So I'm looking forward to seeing how the next couple of weeks play out.
Speaker 2: And the fact that he says that he's noticing it and he's embarrassed by it, to me, that shows growth. If he was denying all of it. The perception sometimes can be reality. That would show some immaturity. So good on him. Looking forward to that article coming out in The Athletic by Katie. Before we go to break, I wanted to shout out Trail Boss Patriot, my man, fifty dollars super chat. I don't know what this means, Clint, get Alana a chicken.
Speaker 3: Rap one, I'll say, am I hungry?
Speaker 2: I don't understand what this means. It is for the fifty.
Speaker 4: It is Thursday, So what I'm assuming is that Trailboss Patriot. Also, my friend Reyes is telling me that he's off today and we're gonna go golf and then go to the bar and get chicken wraps because I'm down and we lost Katie.
Speaker 2: She's on her way to get a chicken wrap.
Speaker 3: We'll find a way to fix that real quick. Hold on, don't worry about it. But anyways, Yeah, this is a this is a buddy of mine.
Speaker 5: He is.
Speaker 3: Words, et cetera. There we go.
Speaker 4: Usually every time he pops on, it's it's something breaks or something gets distracting.
Speaker 3: So that happened, that happened there, But shout out Rayes.
Speaker 4: Uh, he's he's a guy who's doing Also shout out to everybody who joined us in the comments.
Speaker 3: You guys are awesome. Appreciate you. There.
Speaker 4: We're gonna take a quick break. We will be back with a little bit more Dodgers territory. TBD on whether or not WU will be with us, but we.
Speaker 3: Will be right back.
Speaker 2: This episode is brought to you by fan Duel Baseball Fans, the MLB season is in full swing, and fan Duel is giving you a chance to call your shot with Daily Dingers. Joining the action is easy. Just make your free pick on who's hitting a home run in their game, and if you're right, you'll get a profit boost to use on your next bet for a chance at extra winnings. It's just another reason why FanDuel is the home of home runs. So are you ready to play your game? Head over to FanDuel dot com slash podcast to get started. That's FanDuel dot com Slash podcast. To opt in for Daily Dingers and make your free pick on who's hitting a homer, playball and swing for the fences on FanDuel, an official partner of Major League Baseball. No purchase necessary, opt in required. Bonus issued as non withdrawable profit boost tokens restrictions apply, including any token expiration and max wager amount. See terms at sportsbook dot FanDuel dot com. Gambling problem call or text one eight hundred gambler. All right, guys, last licks, it is time for that. Let me introduce you to Scottie. He is a three year old mixed breed pup, super super energetic and happy. Good boy gets along with other dogs. Is definitely active, right so a family that likes to walk, likes to hike, likes to run. Anybody that is willing to give him the exercise he needs, so he's the best boy. He is currently being fostered in Huntington Beach, California, but we are desperately looking for a forever home for Scotty. If you're interested, please reach out Gidrisguardian dot org or hit me up on social I can get you more information on him.
Speaker 3: Cool. I was appreciate that, and look at he's back.
Speaker 5: We're also I died, sorry that happens.
Speaker 4: We're also hearing random crunches and things I don't know where think where noises are coming from. That just means it's probably time to sign off. But before we do, we got to talk a little bit. About another series coming up for with the Padres again, seven games and ten days or whatever, it is is always fun.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: The Padres are reeling. They are a bad team, and to me this feels like this is their season.
Speaker 2: You mean, their windows closing.
Speaker 3: To a degree. Yeah, Katie, I.
Speaker 1: Would almost I would almost one hundred percent agree, except their general manager A. J.
Speaker 5: Preller.
Speaker 1: We have seen him do crazy things. However, you can only do that so many times. And the Padres are undergoing an ownership change. I'm not sure just how much that's going to impact the front office, if at all, but yeah, this has been a team that's kind of struggled with their identity all year long. Their hitters haven't hit, and you have the best closer in the game in Mason Miller, but no opportunity to use him. So it's it's not the Padres club that I was expecting to see. I thought. Bill Shaken asked a pretty good question yesterday postgame where he said, you know, usually we're hyping up this series. It's Dodgers Padres. This is for the division, like, let's get after it. And now I was just kind of like, eh, yeah, they're here.
Speaker 5: They're not very good.
Speaker 1: And that's kind of how I feel right now. Now it could change.
Speaker 5: It's a rivalry series, so those kind of.
Speaker 1: Always are crazy. But right now you're looking at the Padres just one game over five hunds. They've lost five straight. They gave up twenty two twenty two runs yesterday against the Cubs's.
Speaker 5: It has not been pretty.
Speaker 1: And for the seasons of Manny Machado, for Nandotati's junior especially, it has not been what either of them would have expected.
Speaker 2: Yeah, losers of five straight negative run differential. In fact, everybody in the division, with the exception of the Los Angeles Dodgers, has a negative run differential. This is a team that we love to hate, right it has become more of a recent rivalry than it has been in the past. The Giants are just as equally as bad. But I do agree with Ismael Sanchez thirty four h three in our chat. Step on their necks and put them out of their misery. I've always said, like, if you see your opponent drowning, shove a hose in their mouth, Like let's show them that they're still little brother, Right, They're still little brother. That's who this team is. Katie is now frozen in a very awkwardson.
Speaker 3: I didn't even notice that. Well, we'll figure that out. I need to.
Speaker 2: She's she's back.
Speaker 1: I don't know what is happening.
Speaker 2: This is basically just saying it's time to go. All right, So it's a three game set, right against four schools, four games, four game set Dodgers, Dodgers against San Diego this year, I'm gonna I'm gonna say we take three or four.
Speaker 3: It's a split. I think it's a split. Ooh, I'm worried.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, Book Onion, Book Onion with Roki and Shean, even though I'm at pitched better last time. Gives me a little pause, But I'm a believer.
Speaker 5: Let's go three or four.
Speaker 3: A big, big outing for Rokie.
Speaker 4: He's got to prove to me a meaningless dude on the internet that you know he's an option to stay in this rotation. But good show except for the weird parts. But hopefully you guys enjoyed.
Speaker 3: The weird parts. We will be back on Monday.
Speaker 4: Everybody, stay alive and keep all of your digits over the holiday weekend.
Speaker 3: If you want to help us subscribe.
Speaker 2: Happy Birthday America, Happy birthday and also guys subscribe like us on YouTube wherever you get your podcast, part of the Foul Territory Network. As we try to make our way still to twenty thousand subs, America will be five hundred years old by the time we get to Tree apparently. But have a good weekend, be safe, go Dodgers. We'll see you Monday.
Speaker 3: Bye.