Speaker 1: By the way, the only DJ said I'm satisfied with is like middle school dance.
Speaker 2: Really, like when a DJ plays Coolio fan.
Speaker 1: Or one to both Coolios one Montel Jordan's Yeah.
Speaker 2: There's three Coolios. There's Gangster's Paradise. There's static voyage at one, two three full get your woman on the on the floor.
Speaker 1: I gotta gotta get up. Yeah I was. I don't think Gangs Paradise really makes sense for a for a middle school dance. Oh it's too dramatic.
Speaker 3: Hell no, no such.
Speaker 1: Chris the.
Speaker 2: Wilipe please tell me, tell me you agree, is way too young for this conversation.
Speaker 1: Wait, how old are you? Sleep? Are you? Are you too young? In no Coolio, I am.
Speaker 3: I am like I would say Coolia Rising. I respect that.
Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to Season three eighty five, Episode four of Daily Guys. It's a production of by Heart Radios podcast We Take Deep to have a New America share constiuness And it is Thursday, April twenty fourth five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, four two four It's National Netcare Day. Shout out Wu tang. Don't just protect your neck, care for your neck. I don't even know what they're Yeah, yeah, I think that what the song was about. No, I don't think they were hawking a product that was helping to tighten the skin cells in your neck for middle aged but awareness just general to protect your net with the neck turns the head, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So it's important. It's also national bucket listening. I've heard old people say before. That's what I told that's from when I used to sell cars.
Speaker 2: That when my when I was working at the car dealership, the guy who was my mentor or told me, whenever you're selling a truck to a married couple, you make sure you talk to that female too, and don't let them check out of the deal because the neck turns the head and the deal will walk out.
Speaker 1: That's where that that's where that saying.
Speaker 2: Came from me to shout out art at Dave Ellis Glendale Dodge. Also National Teach Children to Save Day, National Take our Kids to Work Day, and pigs in a Blanket Day.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I haven't had a pig in a blanket in a minute.
Speaker 2: Is that teach children to save like like literus financial literacy thing?
Speaker 1: Oh not Lord and saving Jesus Christian, teaching them how to be you know, like to go. Yeah, they got there.
Speaker 2: Say no no no no, not today, not today, sat not today, Satan.
Speaker 1: My name is Jack O'Brien aka watched out of sight. It blew my mind. J Lo's bud is insane when she turns around. Watched out of sight. That backyard's fine. I can't put it in the worst just how big and round. Let us go, Let us go? Whoa that one? Courtesy Christy Amagucci Mane out of Touch by hollow Oats for anybody having trouble figuring out what the fuck I was supposed to be singing there? Mm hmm yeah, man, it was a real, real rowback, real throwback, real out of sight. Wow. What a film, and also let us go. Thrilled to be joined as always by my co host.
Speaker 4: Mister Miles Gray Miles Gray aka And the Dow Dow Dow is a burning ring of fire. The line go down, down, down, as the terriffs go higher, and.
Speaker 1: It burns, burns, burns. The Dow's on fire.
Speaker 2: The Dow is on fire, even though damn, but Trump was faking.
Speaker 1: You know, I can get pretty low, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: But he was pumped baking on those fucking tariffs now and it's going It's all over the place. Oh, I asked you, I said, who did out of sight? I forgot Soderbergenberg. Yeah, shout out, Oh sorry, let me let me shout out the greater that AKA that was from the exemper Teeranis and the discord server.
Speaker 1: And I said, mine was Christy Amauci. Ma, Yes you did, Yes you did. When I get a Yamagucci man, I'm quick to the point, to the point, I'm a Gucci mane Yes, Miles were thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a very funny and Peabody Award winning oh writer for the latest show. His new book is America. Let me in choose your immigration story. Please. Welcome Flip Chres.
Speaker 3: Yo, what's up? How are you welcome?
Speaker 2: Welcome, great, Felipe, great, having you great, great, having an author on Peabody Award winner, Emmy winner.
Speaker 1: Nominate many, not many, I mean many miles watch it. I didn't mention it because I just that, look if the Peabodies are on board, look the the Emmy's doing.
Speaker 2: You know, Emmy, when you got a Peabody can say you're here.
Speaker 1: Actually, people, I.
Speaker 3: Used to say to my wife who has three Emmys. You know, I was like, you know, awards still matter, and your non important Emmys will be there next to my very important Peabody and then you want a Peabody.
Speaker 1: That's exactly yeah. Oh man, were you kind of rooting against her a little No, it's okay, it's okay, looky, looky a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have to say just you know, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no, not vigorously.
Speaker 1: What is uh? What is your wife right on my way writes for John Oliver? Ah? Okay, yeah, yeah, yeah, okay. How was What was the process for writing the book compared to writing for Late Night? I'm assuming Stephen Colbert does not figure into writing the book?
Speaker 3: Is that? Is that correct? That that's a big difference. I think that's that's a big one. I think the biggest thing is that when you write for TV in general, but when you're writ for Late Night, you're writing for he right, we're s of just alluding to this. It's like, you got to have the jokes ready, you got to do everything, and you know, you started in the morning and then at five point thirty, you know, tapings, that's it. Yeah, when I was writing the book, I felt myself just like writing a joke and being like, okay, where's my validation? Where is someone telling me this is funny immediately?
Speaker 1: And did you think about adding a laugh track to the book?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I had, I had a like a sound machine, ye sixs that I wrote a book I wrote. Yeah, so that that was the biggest thing I think, just to like adjust my brain to being like, just write the thing, write the jokes, rite the whatever, and then at some point your editor will see it. And also your editor is not necessarily a comedian. They're editors, right, so they're like, yeah, no, we we defer to you on the jokes. And that was a little bit like, oh right, it has to be funny. But I am the arbitra of funny.
Speaker 1: They do notes by hand that okay, I got. I got in one draft of a book that I worked on. They they sent they like FedEx us the manuscript with jokes written down by hand. It was two Yeah, it was shockingly recent for that story. But yeah, they the publishing industry is just on a different time like that they're on they share a timescape with the trees and with you know, the movement, the growth and fall of mountains. They're like, well, we'll get this out in the next decade, probably because Yeah, the working with people in the publishing industry, I was like, that's where I need to get like that. They they have a good life, Like they take they take days off in the summer just because it's the summer. Yeah, it's a good world.
Speaker 2: Where'd you get your inspiration? Otherwise, Felipe, what got you to, like, I mean, writing comedy and now talking about like an immigration story, like or a book based on that. What was sort of that process like where you're like, I mean I do I'm funny for a living, but how do I sort of expand on using my talents to sort of talk about something a little bit larger than what I normally talk about?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I'm an immigrant, So it was a little bit of like, you know, you using like truth and comedy and all that stuff, like using your own story or your own background to make comedy. But the other thing was like, honestly, like I live in New York. I lived in Boston and New York. That's my time in the States has been there. I've been here in la just like to visit and stuff. But I was surrounded by a bunch of like liberal slash progressives, and they had no idea about their own immigration system. And these are people who are supposedly like super pro immigration right or like you know, support immigration or anti anti anti immigrant policies. And you know, I would be like hanging out with my friends freaking out about getting like sponsorship for a visa or whatever, and they'd be like, no, no, no, but you went to school here, like you're brilli here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right right? You know I didn't even know your English is so good? Yeah, truly. Yeah, I was shocked when you said I.
Speaker 2: Don't even know you were an immigrant, right, that's probably you're hiding to them, like you're hiding a zombie bite or something.
Speaker 1: Fucking no, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: And it happens like even to this day, like I'm on a green cart, I'm a permanent resident, and people are like, oh, so, like who are you going to vote for? They would ask me last year, and I'm like, bro, I can't, like legally I'm not allowed to, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I will got a little more familiar with green card status due to recent news stories. Yeah, but were you as you were writing it where you're like, man, I wonder if this is still going to be topical once it comes.
Speaker 3: Out, Yeah, a lot, because I wrote it in like twenty three, finished it around early twenty twenty four, and there was that feeling of like is this going to be like completely outdated by the time, Like is it going to be an artifact? And it isn't it? Interesting thing is that it's actually like quite irrelevant and still it's about like legal ways to come to America. So the gist of then the majority of ways to come here legally are technically on paper is still valid y right, Yeah, it's the maybe the mood around immigration is pretty dark.
Speaker 1: Right, cranky. It's it's a very we're gonna go to the CBS for their take on this. America seems quank around. That's one way to talk about it. Yeah, Yeah. What are the details that you feel like surprise the most of your like uh liberal, well meaning friends about the immigration system?
Speaker 3: I think it's like twofold. One thing is like how expensive it is. Everything is so freaking expensive, Like you're paying for like the fees and stuff, but you're also paying for like immigration lawyers can afford it because they're going to make your life easier.
Speaker 1: You know, even before Trump's gold card, where yeah, explicitly money exchange. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, and there is a visa that's still that exists right now that is the gold Card. It's just cheaper than the gold card. Like it's called the EB five and that's like you have to invest one million dollars, not five, right, you know. And it's like, you know, when when the gold card news broke out and people were like, oh, can you believe this? People can just buy their way into the countries like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, most countries have some versions of it, just like in the same way, like when Trump won, people are like, you can buy your way into Canada for like a half million dollars if you invest in, you know, start a business there.
Speaker 3: But exactly yeah, And then I think the other thing is, you know how expensive it is, but also how much immigrants are Like really America pilled, Like immigrants love America. That's why they move here, right right. And so a lot of the times talking to more progressive people or more liberal people, you get that like, oh but this country sucks, and it's like, yeah, there's bad stuff, Like I know, obviously I did my research, but like it's pretty good compared to other places.
Speaker 2: Oh you should have seen where I left, right, Yeah, I like that, Like, yeah, it's like, but the internet's so slow here?
Speaker 3: You have that, you have internet here, sure, right right right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And there's no firewall or like content blockers.
Speaker 1: Exactly, yea, and I don't think so I just use a VPN or something. Okay, cool man, cool, cool cool. Yeah. All right, Well, Felipe, we're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: First, we're gonna tell the listeners a couple of things we're talking about. We're gonna talk about how Democrats are responding to the all the deportation and you know, kidnappings. Kidnappings, I guess is one way of putting it, that are happening. And it feels like that, you know, we saw a Democrat do a good thing and like go down and try to meet on Abrego Garcia's case, but the like, it feels like they're moving generally as a party in a different direction and a more familiar triangulation direction for the Democrats. So we'll talk about that. We will check in with just how are things going with Elon Musk. We're seeing a lot of good. We're seeing a lot of work, a lot of talk about his exit from the White House and how it's because Tesla's not doing good, and there's this like implication that's like, well, Tesla just needs them so bad. You know, he took his eye off the ball there and their price went down, so he just needs to get back to, you know, making that line go up. So we want to talk about that. We'll talk about the new I know what you did last summer Legacy sequel that just dropped a couple of really interesting trends here that I want to look at specifically, like people I think are getting characters are getting killed now instead of like you know, in previous slasher movies, characters would get killed for having sex like that that was like the moral universe, where like if you had sex, your character was probably gonna get killed. Now they're getting killed for like doing spa stuff. I think because they just like guided meditation. Yeah, because like people don't fuck with sex anymore. They're like, what else? What else could we punish people for doing for themselves that.
Speaker 2: I thought we were back in the eighties, you know what I mean, If we're going back to the eighties bring back all the just gratuitous sex morality shit.
Speaker 1: I know, Nope, not in this case. But before we get to any of that, Felipe, we do like to add star guest, what is something from your search history that's revealing about who you are?
Speaker 3: Three days ago, I was telling my wife that I didn't We've been traveling through the country because I'm promoting my book, and I didn't like the soap in the hotel that we were the body watch that we were saying, like, I don't like this smell. It reminds me of this dish soap that we used when I was growing up in Colombia. Did you ever have the dish soap that's not like liquid? And she was like, what the hell are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Like powder? Powder?
Speaker 3: It's not powder. It's like a big tub and a paste inside, and so you use the you use the like a very dry paste, very dry paste. Yeah, like a scented candle, imagine, but you just used the thing.
Speaker 5: And I went on a like easily easily seven minutes Google search where my wife wanted to talk about literally anything.
Speaker 3: Else, anything else you have to find, you have to see what this looks like. And I found like all the packaging of it like closed, and I was like, no, no, no, but you can't see what the paste looks like. Just give me a second. That is exactly my personality, like hyper fixated on certain things that matter absolutely nothing at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I think it's probably because you have such a vivid memory, you know what I mean, So it you when it all comes rushing back, You're like, no, I'm I know, I know what I'm talking about. And you also need to understand how this is the exact same thing. I feel like that too. So did you replace the soap or.
Speaker 3: The day we were leaving the hotels?
Speaker 1: Whatever?
Speaker 3: It fine, I just didn't like it because then I don't tell it was just like like what's the smell?
Speaker 1: Like? What it like? What is it?
Speaker 2: Just that you're reminded you of the dish soap or even the dish soap for even a fragrance?
Speaker 3: You were like, I don't like a fake lemon lime flavor or smell. Yeah as a soap, yeah, I'm like as a soap, but even as like candy or whatever. I'm like, I like lemons, I like limes as fruit or ingredients, and I'm like, this does not taste anything like that one.
Speaker 1: What do you say? Yeah, is it because of that soap? Do you think probably.
Speaker 3: Honestly some sort of weird memory of like I have to do the dishes now, so.
Speaker 2: We're Do you consider sprite something like that or that's like its own.
Speaker 1: Weird flavors, is its own thing, And I like sprite is the least lemon lime I knowing that just goes so far about how lemon lime it is. Like this it's just sugar water, we could just call it's not just a clear one with sugar. It is really good. Yeah. Yeah, there's this like orange dial hand soap, you know, like the orange tinted dial hand soap that like takes me back to a hotel that I don't even know if I've ever been to. It Like it's like this like very specific sense memory that I feel like it might be like from a dream, but it like really is like the smell of is like so transporting and specific in so many cases that yeah, like I can like picture everything in the hotel room based on the orange dial hand so.
Speaker 2: I recently bought like a hand soap that it's kind of coca nutty, and I immediately thought of my grandmother's house because she used to have like a Coca nutty hand soap and I hated it as a kid, Like I was like, this is so weird. But then like using this one, I was like, I don't know, why fuck with this? And I recently put it to you them, Oh my god, this is from my grandma's house.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: Using this as like a transportive, transportative method to get back to those memories. But yeah, shout out sense, shout out scent memories, shout.
Speaker 1: Out sent memory. What is something you thinks underrated? Felipe Uh, I.
Speaker 3: Was thinking a lot about this one. I'm gonna make both of my underrated and my overrated things about sports, I think because I have to say it here in this country. Soccer. Soccer is incredibly underrated, underrated. Yeah, it's my favorite sport. It's incredible. It's insane, absurd, the level of athleticism that you have to have to play it, and like people run, like those players run like six miles twelve miles every three days. And I'm like, it's not about the goals. Also, like there's really cool goals. So yeah, yeah, yeah, So soccer is a big thing that I think is underrated here.
Speaker 2: Who's your who's your team? I mean probably obviously the Columbia national team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Columbia national team, which, as they say in the book, like Columbia is a great nation whose people will never let you down unless they play for the men's national team, which because they will always let you down.
Speaker 1: Shout out Davids, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Ersal Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah and it Spina actually played for my favorite club, which is Arsenal in London.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, I'm right there, bro, I know That's why I said, let me vibe check real quick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys are riding high right now, right Madrid?
Speaker 2: Yeah, fucking beauty. That was Oh my god. I love throwing it in the haters. There's so many real Madrid fans were like, just wait, bro, have you heard have you heard of We're gonna We're gonna win.
Speaker 1: Back it now? Y'all? Y'all are trash anyway? Yeah, yeah, have you guys thought about it adding dunks to the game. I just feel like, maybe, like if you could like dunk, it would be cool there.
Speaker 2: Shots from outside the box are like dunking.
Speaker 1: Bro. Okay, those.
Speaker 3: You feel like a goal, if all comes from outside the box, it should count for two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's so many like, let's change this sport that sounds so beautiful that you love so much. Let's change it for the American audience. Maybe maybe rock and jocket a little bit. Maybe there's ten pointers from random spots.
Speaker 2: If you watch the South American League, they take fucking rips from outside the box. Like if it would be those scores would be whack for the amount of like outside of the box goals I've seen in South American League.
Speaker 3: Be cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 3: Here's my here's the thing that will probably get me excommunicated from the United States. College sports. Don't get it has never been my thing?
Speaker 1: Got it?
Speaker 3: Like I didn't go to college here, But I'm like, these are just like twenty two year olds were late for cam you know, right right? Why is everyone so like riled up about you know what, if you all have jobs, you're no longer in college.
Speaker 2: This is this is my theory about it, Felipe, because the reason I really love football, let's call it football, that's what that's what it's called. Is the sort of tribalism around the supporter culture. Like everybody has a club, everybody is devoted to their their respective club or national team. They will, they will dress up, they will get together on match days to experience it all. And I think college football is the closest thing in America that we have that's lovocalized enough that even if you live in Nebraska, where you have no professional sports team, you have a college team that allows you to be like, we are Nebraska, this is our team. We fuck with them, these are enemies. So I think that's the one parallel I see. But the difference being is they don't have the fun chance and so yeah, like.
Speaker 3: The cancer soccer amazing, but I get that actually, like this is the first time someone's like presented that like that way of looking at it, Like I understand that a little bit more. It's it really is just like one of those things where like it's so weird to me. Sometimes I'll see like a grown man with like a like a ku like jacket and I'm like you, sir, you you have daughters. And then I presume I.
Speaker 1: Didn't cry at either of their births, but did cry the last time that team oh Man, when Rafel Friends was there, man Al yeah, and it is getting each Sorry, you know, the list goes on. Damn why were they so French? Joel And yeah, I mean we were not familiar with your game. It's it's now basically becoming more of more like corporations where you are hiring people out, like the way that the system is set up. Like at first it was you they were on. The athletes were only paid with their education, which was not good because this amorphous entity, the NCAA is making all the money and just like not sharing any of it with the athletes. But they they then switched it and now it's just this weird thing where like people change teams constantly. Like it almost feels like when somebody is like, oh, you want to do it your way, fine, and they like make it bad on purpose, you know, like they've just like not put any rules in to make it so that any team keeps players that like are there. It's just everybody has to switch constantly. But anyways, it is I get what you're saying, Like from an outside perspective, I feel like it would be like what the fuck is anybody talking about there?
Speaker 3: Totally Yeah, it's totally like I didn't grow up with this It's like when you go to your like like a friend's house, and everyone's like, oh, for dinner, we're gonna have my favorite like tune Apasta or whatever, and it's like you're like everyone I Likesta, but it's like everyone in the home is like this is amazing, and.
Speaker 6: You're like, don't forget dance to Castle Dance Dad, Just like embarrassed for everyone.
Speaker 1: I actually don't feel that good. Could I? I might have to call my parents pick me up. Yeah, chicken tastes like wood. Hey, Miles, have you ever gone over our friend's house? The food just ain't no good? No good from a bottle of k your pick? Take? That verse is mind blowing to me? What fun? What an unexplored direction that rap could have taken. Where if they had gone with that verse as the one that worked from Rappers Delight?
Speaker 2: Could you imagine if rappers rather than starting off I said a hip hop a hip and they just started with.
Speaker 1: Have you ever got over a friend's house? And the food just ain't no good? The macaroni sug like rap is just like poor food commentary and stant like failed stand up comedy is like the direction that all rap goes.
Speaker 3: Have you ever noticed that airplane food is not as good.
Speaker 1: As to deal with how small these being that packages? All right, Felipe, wonderful getting to know you were going to take a quick break. We're gonna come back and we're going to talk about some news. We'll be right back and we're back. And Democrats, it's always fun to just check in with them. See always check in. How are they doing? They are they the opposition? Are they following up on their promise we will win? The famous promise that galvanized a nation. Yes, we've all not been able to get out of our you know what, It's so fun.
Speaker 2: I feel like once they did that, all like America was like, damn, y'all, we're gonna have to do this on our own for holy shit. Okay, so I'm gonna get on the street.
Speaker 1: But yeah.
Speaker 2: Obviously, like the number of crises that we're in the midst of are too numerous to sort of track on a daily basis. But one story that keeps going in and out for very good reason is the return of kil Mar Brego Garcia, who is the Salvadoran man that was arrantly sent to l Salvador under a bogus accusation of being in a gang because he wears a Chicago Bulls hat and has tattoos, in which case, justin the editor, you may be getting a visit to as a Chicago with tattoos.
Speaker 1: I mean when I was nine years old, like I would have been rocking the bulls hat. Yeaheah, It's it's flimsy. It's flimsy. It's flimsy.
Speaker 3: Bulls had on those little tattoos that you got, like the stick on the press.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Well I used to write things on my hand, which is how what the Trump administration did to him. They just a bit his hand. What is this? S? What is this? It's the S from M S. Thirteen.
Speaker 2: It's like, no, it's that s that everybody drew with the six lines first and then you're like the stuicies.
Speaker 1: I saw banging in little rock Man. I was trying to trying to do some of those hand signals. You're trying to you were stacked in by the railroad and a stack man. So then sat Senator Chris van Holland did the bare minimum and also the right thing, and went to El Salbador to sort of demand to see the man that was residing in his home state of Maryland. Their meeting finally gave us confirmation that Kilmar.
Speaker 2: Was alive, and you know, the Supreme Court even decided unanimously that Trump had to bring him back. Yet the administration continues to argue semantics and dragged judges. Yeah, exactly, well activists Judge Brett who are appointed by George Bush.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: So meanwhile, Democrats are wondering.
Speaker 1: What the fuck to do.
Speaker 2: Do they call out the inhumane treatment of immigrants and take this moment to show them that they stand with them, or do they start wetting their khakis because the poles tell them Republicans perform better with voters on that top.
Speaker 1: I'm into pits play, so I'm already it's the khakis.
Speaker 2: It's the khakis, y'all. They're drenching their bench right now. So they are making this about due process. This is from CNN quote. Democrats who've urged a different approach say they worry that the party isn't doing enough to broaden the due process argument beyond Abrego Garcia's case, meaning there are many other people. It's like, let's just not get caught up on this. This is a whole set of tragedies that we need to wrestle with. Others have argued it's a quote distraction from more politically salient messages on the economy that shifts the conversation to immigration, where Trump holds an advantage with voters.
Speaker 1: So for the last.
Speaker 2: Week, we've heard a lot about due process, which is immensely important, it's the cornerstone of any democratic nation. But also telling the millions of Americans that have either immigrated here themselves or descend from immigrants like myself, Felipe. Also, they don't really like telling people like us they don't give a fuck about them is not a winning message. Okay, this is what democratic strategists are telling the people on the hill. The politicians quote, but Democrats must walk a fine line and defending a Brego garcias several strategists warned, as the Trump White House has worked to portray a Brego Garcia as a violent member of the MS thirteen gang and an a pair in a quote apparent woman beater. They've taunted the lawmakers who have taken up a Brego Garcia's cause. This is a quote from a strategist, Chuck Rocca, quote, we have to be careful not to get sucked into an argument where Republicans can say we care more about undocumented immigrants than American citizens. So that's why Democrats keep talking about due process. We need to focus on how there needs to be a process to make sure that innocent people and citizens don't get caught up in this, And that's how we need to be talking about this, not the broader context. Like I understand the elementary logic of well Republicans messaging connects more with voters, but their message is one of like dehumanization and nightmarage xenophobia. So the fact that they're just bowing out of any conversation around that because of this perceived truth is at best laziness and at worst malicious indifference. Like it reminds you of the people in twenty twenty who would do say stuff.
Speaker 7: Like, oh, I don't really want to talk about racial stuff, yeah, because like I don't really know any thing, and I don't really have Like you don't have a take on white soupres, you have a take on any of this.
Speaker 2: You don't have a take on anti black racism. I just don't, Well, guess what our nation is fucking bill on people coming to try and better their lives here. So if you are someone who wants to govern, you better find your spine and learn how to talk about this and not just seed like letting Republicans define any conversation around immigration to be like, well, they're taking your jobs and that's why your son has hooked on opioids, right, and then being like yeah, well that's yeah, they summed it up. I don't even want to offer an alternate explanation like inequality being driven by kleptocracy or whatever, so that the old habits are coming back in a way that I'm just a little bit like this is you have the winning message and it's to do something different, But that doesn't seem to be an apptepe for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if the Democrats are able to convincingly like talk about what they stand for, they'd be able to like win this conversation. But because they're like so scared of being associated with it, because it's like so gamified for them, they just like can't even deal with like the Republicans, Like the Republicans are just like doing the he's no Angel thing, and the Democrats are like, shit, We're we're stumped, guys. I don't. I don't know how to deal with that one. Our hands are tied. It's just like, I mean, they're tied because you want them to be right.
Speaker 3: It's funny to me because you're letting them decide he is no angel.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: The whole thing is due process, right, That's what the due process would tell you if he is or is no angel?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: I mean you know that, like even like the the police department that they said like identified him as a game, they came out and they're like, no, we never did that, did not. We have no record of this, so keep our names out of your mouth. It is it is just again like you're saying jack, like if like when when a strategist says, oh, well, if they do that, they're just gonna think that we care more about undocumented immigrants than American citizens, So we won't do that.
Speaker 1: It's like it because is that what you actually believe? That means? Right? Like yeah, or do you just not believe anything and therefore you are just not going to try anything.
Speaker 3: And also not to sound paranoid, but like if you if they take someone and put him in a Salvadorian prison without due process, that means they didn't get to prove if they are or not a citizen. So if the argument is like, oh, they care more about undocumented immigrants than they care about citizens, they could grab a citizen and be like, no, he's not a citizen, he's an undocumented person.
Speaker 1: That's what they did, in fact, exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So like the idea of like the argument being they care about more about citizens undocumented demitas don't care about citizens, Like no, the whole point is that you have to be able to prove things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, broadly.
Speaker 2: And I think also too, because this was something that I thought was really telling is when the Democratic National Convention happened over the summer, they disappeared any talk about immigration and embracing the multi cultural identity of the United States like they did in twenty twenty. Like the platform completely changed where they're like, don't fucking even talk that, like we even think humanly about the people that make this country what it is it is. Like again, it's a level of cowardice that also reveals their inflexibility, like rhetorically to even be able to grapple with something like this and just be like, well, they're defining the conversation as illegals, bad, no jobs, and if you are advocating for any kind of any kind of immigration policy, that you care more about these people than American people, and that already I feel like not wanting to have a reckoning with just that very stupid like cliche, that like political cliche that gets evoked all the time. Is just also very scared. It's like you have you can actually move this conversation along more than just it ends with this is how it works. This is what happens when we have people immigrate to this country.
Speaker 1: End of story.
Speaker 2: No other way to talk about it, no other way to define it, no other way to connect people with the fact that this is actually a benefit to everybody.
Speaker 1: It's like they're bad at their job of connecting their message to the humane values that people care about. I'm assuming it's because they don't actually care about those but you know, I don't know what they but they're bad at connecting to those values that actual people care about, and so they blame the values because they don't want to blame themselves. Like a lot of these things, the objection that well this is like this is what people are going to say. It's like, well, it sounds like you, as the crafters of the messaging around this, have some work to do to make it so that they don't believe that it sounds like you, as media professionals and writers like, have some work to do to make it so that that is not the story that reaches people. But they kind of give up the fight before they have a chance to be proven bad at their job. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it reveals to like what being in office for a very long time does to people and their connection to those values, because for so you, you might go in idealistic, but then you're like, shit, I might have to switch it up over here to support this bill, to support this company or whatever, And after a while, the job becomes different to you and it's like, no, I'm actually just a collection of like loosely held opinions that also appeal to corporate benefactors, right, And I don't really I forgot about those values because that's sort of what the job entails, and that's why I think they're in the Like, there's a minority of people that are actually in office that still have some connection to those human, like real human stakes that exist and trying to fight for those and the people who are just career in office people who are just like, I'm going to stay in office, and this is what I have to do to stay in office.
Speaker 1: That's right, because it's better than the other guy getting into office. I'll tell you that much. All right, that guy here for I'm going to make myself bad so that to avoid that other guy, I'm gonna be like kind of shitty too. I'll be neutral. But that's what needs to happen. All right, Let's talk about Elon Musk real quick, because we're all itching too at all times. We're all eager to talk about him. It is looking like our short national nightmare of Elon Musk being in charge like heavily involved in the Trump administration may be coming to an end because he is now promising to significantly step back from his White House role. Miles. He pointed out that this was at a time when like it had something to do with like an earnings call report.
Speaker 2: Something about Tesla earnings about.
Speaker 1: Yea come went down. I mean just seventy one percent this.
Speaker 6: Quarters, so much from just going on going out.
Speaker 1: Seventy one percent in a quarter is a lot. And so the logic that he is presenting to people who's trying to get to invest in and Tesla again, is that the reason the price went down is because he just hasn't been involved enough that like they're making all his smart decisions that he usually does, Like he's not there doing the smart stuff that he usually does. And so while his eye was over here making America great, Tesla you know, fell a little bit. So now he's gonna come back, that's it.
Speaker 2: He also said that the lower earnings were because of the protests and that those people were He has no evidence, but he believes those people are being paid to just to create an atmosphere a perception that Tesla has not liked, and that's just something they're gonna have to overcome because it's not real.
Speaker 1: It's not real at all. Yeah, it has nothing to do with the fact that he made his brand profoundly and aggressively uncool by doing the most enthusiastic Nazi salute since Doctor Strangelove, but in public at the you, yeah, it's so. I will say this is if if he does in fact pull back from his role in the government and like think that he has to go save Tesla, this would be his self delusion working for us for once, like which I will, you know, like he's like I have to go over here and save this other thing that there's no saving, and he's just gonna fuck up. But like if he's moving away from fucking people's lives from his position in DOGE, I feel like that would be would be a good thing.
Speaker 2: But just maybe for him to not be so connected. But the damage is done, and also the dose shit will not end because Elon Musk is now just taking a step back from like the public facing part of it, Like that.
Speaker 1: Mission is big.
Speaker 2: We good here, Yeah, yeah, big balls is I think next in line after Russell Vatt from the twenty Project twenty twenty five author. But yeah, it's that that part is going to continue. But that's what's really like funny to even think, even with people who are writing about this, who are just like, well, when he steps away from Doge, because obviously it's the Nazi shit, obviously it's the firing of thousands of federal workers with and doing it in the dumbest fucking way possible, all of those things, you're not just gonna shake that perception because it's over, you know what I mean, Like people weren't fucking with oj okay exactly, Like I feel like this.
Speaker 1: Fall off, right, Like yeah, oh.
Speaker 2: I know he tried to do that reality show with the pranks, right that guy.
Speaker 1: That guy held and that was a probably thirty meetings that he tried to hold with Like all right, it hurts. I'm ready to resume my work as your spokesperson. They're like, uh no, yeah, he's talking about Elon is gonna be the last to figure out, how fuck you here? But yeah, a recent survey show because he thinks that everything every bad piece of news that comes his way is secretly be like being funded by George Soros and enacted by the Deep State to lie to him for some reason. But yeah, just some information about where he stands. A recent survey show that a lot of people hate Tesla. Now, according to CNBC, forty seven percent of the public have a negative view of the car company, which is like, seems low to me. Yeah, but the uh compare that to like General Motors, not not like a company that I'm like, ah, fuck fucking General Motors. That's that's how it's done. That's how you say of America. You know, it's just it's just a car company. And so fifty one percent of people have a neutral view of general motors. There's like, yeah, it's a car company. Ten percent have a negative view. To get to forty seven percent negative view of your car company is like, right, you have to have fucked up, Like they don't even need to think you're that cool, they just need to not hate you. And he has failed at that very simple task. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when people are who are driving the brand or any kind of brand have to put a sticker next to the logo, being like no, no, no, but like not like that, guys, yeah, not like you're in trouble. Like imagine if like every like NBA player have to like places a little thing next to the like Nike or Adida's logo, being like no, no, no, but like look Adidas. Right, they were with the Nazis being like.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, but no no Nazi.
Speaker 2: Kind of no no no, yeah, I still wear easy though, but yeah it is the Easies.
Speaker 1: It's like the Clippers at that one point where the Clippers had to be like, yeah, we really don't fuck with this guy. Yeah they're their owner, but it's yeah, like he needs to he needs to start selling the like asterisk class that you can have the s astrisk class of Tesla, which will have a giant asterisk emblazoned on it that says no Nazi, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yes, but then they'll also reveal they'll release the s S class too.
Speaker 1: That's right for interested parties. Yeah. According to a new report from the Global Risk Advisory Council, the quote most surefire ways for companies to damage their brands are one to misuse AI that's unpopular now for some reason, we're still looking into it. Or two to associate it with Elon Musk.
Speaker 2: It's just like, wow, number four was associating with ISIS, so.
Speaker 1: You could sooner do a collab with ISIS.
Speaker 2: Okay, then with fucking Elon Musk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't even know what he could do at this point.
Speaker 2: Fucked you know, like I know, like maybe in his mind he's like, Okay, they don't like the dog stuff, So I'm going to back off from that and hopefully that'll write the ship. It's not all the shit posts and nazi, transphobic, xenophobic, racist vitriol that's coming out of my Twitter feed. It can't be that either. It can't be just how off putting I am just generally as like the wealthiest man in the world. Like, I feel like the only way he could even maybe get a few percentage points lower is like if he gave away eighty percent of his like wealth to someone else to do something responsible with it, like as a as a starting point, because even then people will be like, ah, well he did that maybe, but then you would maybe go from like forty seven percent to like forty three percent. Yeah, but I just don't know what's going away, Like yeah, it's like it's just there's still analysts that are like, there's still just still does offer some interesting growth opportunities and like what they're fucking robot.
Speaker 1: Slaves they're making right, Like that is the thing, right they because like the way they're pitching themselves, like we're actually not really even a car company, which I have to do because their car sales are fucking bad, so they're like, uh, instead we're we're actually did you see those robots that he had bartending a party that were actually people in robot suits or there were people who were being controlled by human operators they were not AI, but yeah, yeah that was good enough to fool some people. We'll see, we'll see either you're not gonna fool us though it is one of those rare times where I was like, I wish I was financially literate so I could like short the Tesla stock or whatever. Like, I know it's in a bad place, but I really can't imagine any scenario where it doesn't keep going down at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like because you have the true believers who were like, don't worry man Elon's back because the stock price got a bumped off of that news. But it's probably gonna it's probably gonna go down again because that's what always happens. But yeah, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Let's take a quick break. We'll come back and we'll talk about the big story. Everybody's waiting for the I Know What You Did Last Summer legacy sequel Thank God, which this this story actually has a kind of mind blowing plot twist. We'll be right back, and we're back. We're back, And so the trailer just dropped for the new I Know What You Did Last Summer. It's not a remake. It's another one of those like horror legacy sequels. Where is that like h Halloween t Yeah, like Halloween did a bunch of them where like original cast is included, but it's also the original movie, Like you know, mechanics are all in place, and yeah, so in the in this case, like, are you guys familiar with I Know what you did last summer?
Speaker 6: Ye?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I saw that ship in theaters. It's uh, it's some kids are out for a joy ride, hit somebody with their car and then like they're like, I'm going to Harvard next year. I can't I can't have this on my record. And so they like just dispose of the body and are like, we swear to never tell anyone what happened.
Speaker 2: Also, the laziest, laziest disposal of a dead body, they just threw it off a dock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just throw it in the water. Let's out a little bit.
Speaker 2: Don't just throw it right off the dock right there, Like okay, sure.
Speaker 1: And then the next summer they start getting picked off one by one with little notes that say, I know what you did last summer. That's how I read it in my mind, I know you did last summer. Freddy Prinn's junior, Jennifer Love hewittt, Sarah Ryan, Michelle gells Ryan, Philip Phillippy. I don't know Anyways, the Legacy sequels out. Freddy Prinz and Jennifer Love Hewitt are both in the sequel looking embarrassed to be in this trailer. Yeah, but uh it So the trailer has multiple deaths where it made me that involves SPA treatments like it. The whole first thing is somebody is like, hey, babe, why don't you go up and listen to that guided meditation you like? And then while she's like taking a bath bomb like guided meditation, her boyfriend is like brutally slain in a Oh. Also, the killer in the first one, and I didn't think this was very successful at all, was like a maritime themed killer, like he had a hook and yellow slicker. Yeah, yellow slicker looked like he just stepped off of like Deadliest Catch.
Speaker 3: A lighthouse is an old lighthouse keeper.
Speaker 1: Drinking buddies with a Gordon's Fishermen or something. Yeah, but I don't know. It just reminded me, yeah of like a fish sticks commercial, right, you know, like the and anyways, they're sticking with that because he gets like hooked by some manner of like fishing equipment while she's doing her bath bomb. But then it like flashes forward to like I think it shows one of the characters in like a cold plunge room, like one of those rooms where you're doing cold So it's like multiple spa spa based murders, which made me I mean now that you say it, but yeah, it just made me wonder because like that is what like it was like, for feeling the good feeling of having sex, you are repaid by being murdered by these slashers. I feel like that was always the kind of tacit morality underlying it wasn't like explicitly stated other than in like Scream two, but that was always like the ideas like these movies are just like America's puritanical roots, like bubbling up and being like sex is bad, we're all having sex, We're all gonna die, We're all gonna be killed by like these demon characters. But because like nobody has sex anymore, it's like the naughtiest thing that they can think of is like doing spa treatments.
Speaker 2: Well, because then I guess it offers the promise of titillation with implied nudity if you're in a bad something like it's so removed in that sense or so like, well, I mean they're naked, right, but they're just not doing sex anymore because movies are sexless now. Anyways, it's another It has the same problem as one of my favorite movies, Jaws two, where the first movie has a scenario, has a premise that requires multiple characters to be like, how is this happening?
Speaker 1: This is so weird. This is like a one in a trillion scenario, and then like the same thing is happens again, but like twenty years later to a completely new group of people. I guess in the first batch of sequels at least was happening to the same person. But this is like, yeah, I don't know, man, this keeps happening here. It's so weird. But all right, So this is the detail. This is the plot twist that our writer JM found out about the original movie. So the original movie was actually based on a ya book by Lewis Duncan or Lois Lois Lois Louise Duncan. It was a thriller, so it was not a slasher movie. There were no gruesome deaths. It was just like they did the original thing and then had to deal with the guilt and also somebody being like, I know what you did last summer. But the person who said I know what you did last summer was not a maritime themed a fish sticks themed slasher monster killing them all one by one. Hollywood turned it into that. So they piled like the premise of Scream on top of this young adult novel, which probably could have worked easily without being a slasher movie. But this is particularly fucked up because the author of that ya novel, who sold the rights to them to make this into a movie, her daughter was the victim of an unsolved murder, and she said specifically they did not consult her. She was horrified at what they did with her novel because she said, quote it made murder seem like a game, and the studio was like, we actually didn't know about your daughter, and we expressed the utmost compassion, and specifically they were I mean, you'd be a monster not to feel compassion. And then they just kept churning out sequels and remakes regardless. Man, well this is again.
Speaker 2: I can't I love shit from my childhood coming back, or not really coming. I'm nostalgic, but not to the point where like I need to remind it that I'm old. Like Freddie Prince Junior and Jennifer Ukewit too. I mean, it's just like this is the same thing we're talking about, like with Vamp, like with Sinners, like stop remaking this shit over and over again hoping that you're gonna get the same return because it did well in nineteen ninety seven. Yeah, and just there's I'm sure there are so many scripts on the Blacklist that you could pick up that are new ideas that are would probably do even better for even less money. Everybody wins if you're worried about your bottom line too, Hollywood, come on.
Speaker 1: Now, I mean, just look at the fucking Minecraft movie, just like did incredibly well because and again it did pass my felipe I talk on the show about the Halloween costume test, where like, if a movie is like about a thing that there are lots of Halloween costumes for, like it's going to do well, and like the Minecraft movie past that test, like it was Yeah, so many kids are doing Minecraft movie.
Speaker 2: I feel like you probably could have had that observation, like and you did like years ago, because it's been so popular and now Hollywood is like, what's this Minecraft?
Speaker 1: So many later? Yeah, but anyways, yeah, like their kids are kids want to see stuff that and this is gonna be kind of mind blowing to a lot of Hollywood executives. But they're interested in seeing things that they're interested in and not stuff that their parents have memories of.
Speaker 3: Around and breaking.
Speaker 1: That's weird, now, that's kind of weird if they're going into these movies being not being like, would my dad think this was interesting? I don't know about you.
Speaker 2: I remember when my dad would try and show me a movie. My first instinct was like, this is gonna.
Speaker 1: Be some bullshit. It's gonna suck. This fool is washed as hell.
Speaker 2: I don't want to see the andrama the strain that like, no like and I get maybe at the time, like if I had more of adult taste, perhaps, but yeah, that reflex I think is inbuilt in a lot of kids, or like a parent goes.
Speaker 1: You know what, you'd really like that? I used to watch absolutely not. Yeah, I'm gonna stop you right there, mom. Yeah yeah. Yeah. That's why Miles didn't watch Jurassic Park until he was in his thirties, because his dad pitched it to him as from the author of the Andromeda Strain, like not again, Dad, and I'm like, why did you tell me?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, go see dinosaurs. No no, no, no, yeah, the Andromeda Strain.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Felipe is a Peabody Award winning writer, Emmy nominee. What's your sort of what's your feelings around writing in the industry and what like what the habits are of the industry and the stories they choose to write and knowing the amount of talent that's out there waiting to be acknowledged.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think the industry is gonna eventually like find out again that like original stories are like what people want. We are seeing more a little bit more of them happening slowly. But I think the the era of like everything has to be a Marvel movie, I think audiences are kind of tired of that. They don't want to go to see twenty Marvel movies, especially because going to the movies is kind of expensive now. Yeah, so like if you have to see like three movies. I'm a huge comic book nerd, and I didn't watch that new Captain America movie. I haven't seen it yet because I'm like, I I kind of didn't watch one of the other ones. I haven't seen the TV shows in a while, right, partially why I like also like fell off the wagon with comics. It feels like homework, you know, so when everything not everything has to be a big interconnected universe, you know. And I think they're they're like getting back there. Hopefully we'll get there, but you know, in the meantime, I think we're gonna have a lot of movies from like weird Ip, like like that that flaming Hot Cheetos movieple of years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, Yeah, we talked on yesterday's training episode about the fact that they're they're adapting toys r us. Yeah, the store toys are us. They're adapting it as into a movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're gonna make Thesani the movie.
Speaker 1: Like that's a good idea.
Speaker 2: That's a slash reflick though it's about like a brain parasite.
Speaker 1: Attached.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, it's contagion, but it's actually contagion.
Speaker 1: They just rebranded it because people are drinking Tosani throughout uh Felipe Torre's medina. What a pleasure happening having you on the daily zeitgeist? Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff? And where can they find your book?
Speaker 3: My book is basically at every like bookstore, every indie bookstore you want, you can. If you want to buy it off Amazon, sure you can buy it of Amazon too. You can buy it on bookshop dot org. Wherever you want to buy it. Go to your local bookstore. I think this Saturday is Indie Bookstore Day, so that's like a fun plan go out there. You can find me on social media. I'm at Philip Petari's Medina on Instagram. I'm at Philippe Team Medina with two A's Medina on Twitter. And I think like phillipitaris Medina dot Blue sky dot all that stuff on Blue Sky. I have a substack called not from Here, so you can just look for Phillipitars media substack. And yeah, and if you're in La, I'm doing a book event this Saturday at Village Well in Culver City, if you want to come and be talking to my friend who's a very funny comedian from Venezuela whose name is Joannah Houseman. We met in New York. We're big pals, so it's gonna be really fun.
Speaker 1: That sounds awesome. Is there of media that you've been enjoying.
Speaker 3: Yes, I've been reading this novel by Karen Russell. She wrote a novel called Twemplane a couple of years ago which has a very interesting thing where like it was not nominated for the Pulitzer Prize, and then the Pulitzer Prize was like, no one wins this year just because they're like, we couldn't agree on who wins, so no one won that year. Interesting, it was super weird. But that I read that novel and it was really good and actually has a new novel called The Antidote, and I've been like, it's like it's a big book about the dust bowl, and you're like, oh, this might be like a big heavy thing, and it's just super fun, really good.
Speaker 1: I love the dust Ball. What's the name of the novel.
Speaker 3: The Antidote, because it's about like a witch who lives in the dust ball and her name is the Antidote. Very cool book.
Speaker 1: I highly recommend h that sounds incredible. Miles Where can people find you? Is there a work of media you've been enjoying?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, can find me everywhere that has at symbols At Miles of Gray. You can find Jack and I talking about the NBA on Miles and jackot mad mens and you can also when last night like look you know, or the day before technically, but yeah, you know, had to had to recover how to recover from that game one loss. And also find me talking about the reality show that I cannot I believe anecdotally genius people do watch, which is ninety Day Fiance that's on four to twenty day Fiance. Check me out there with Sophia Alexandra. A couple of tweets like there's this like TikTok video that's been going around on Blue Sky that I've seen of this just like total zoomer TikTok propagandist who's in a Salvadoran prison and he's like the video is called the the El Salvador Prison the media doesn't want you to see. And he's basically going around being like these prisoners, if they work, they're able to take time off their sentences to just work, like making these garments.
Speaker 1: It's actually quite fair.
Speaker 2: And at Redsettle dot rs Red set to Lures basically had uh like posted like quote tweeted this video and said one of the tasks of the American Left is to explain to retail and service workers that this is the future that America has planned for them.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then that was quote tweeted by at Papa Pishu at Beesky dot Social. Chris person in parenthetical said zoomer TikTok in CPI a tone and old timey garb yo. This shirtwaist factory in New York City can produce thousands of women's blouses a day and employs hundreds of fallen women.
Speaker 3: The best part is they don't even have any exits for the workers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in here grinding on.
Speaker 2: Hustling in audition, one way in, one way out the hustler's way.
Speaker 1: How much are they on their grind set mindset so even have exits.
Speaker 2: Just yet, just surrounded by flammable rags anyway.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And then another one I like is from Stone Cold Jane Austin at Abby Higgs Basky dot Social Uh says sorry, I can't hang out. I drank some milk I didn't get inspected and I'm dying. He man, why's the FDA on trial?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Because they're gonna really stop inspecting milk as much as they should be.
Speaker 1: Tweet I've been enjoying from at girl Talks ball. There's only one active pope right now and his name is Contavious. That's called You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore Obrian on Blue Sky at Jack ob the Number One. You can find us on Twitter at daily Zeitgeist. We're at the Daily Zeike. We're also on Blue Sky at Daily Zeikeeist. We're at the Daily Zeitgeist. On Instagram, you can go to the description of this episode. Wherever you're listening to it, you can find the footnotes, which is where we link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. We also link off to a song that we think you might enjoy. Yeah, hey, Miles, is there a song that you think people might enjoy? Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 2: This is a track from a group called Free Whenever, and it's a really dude. If you like Crumbin, you're gonna like this. You're gonna like their vibes. This track is called Day one. Uh just super easy listen, great, great laid back vibes. The weather, you know, Spring is getting a little bit springer in La, so this is I feel like a song that aligns with that. That's why I'm saying we should go out on this Day one by Free Whenever, Spring y vibes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, all right, well, The Daily Zeitgeist is the production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from my heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's gonna do it for us this morning. We're back this afternoon to tell you what it's trending, and we'll talk to you all then, Bye bye bye. The Daily zeit Guys is executive produced by Catherine Law, co.
Speaker 3: Produced by Bee Wang.
Speaker 1: Co produced by Victor Wright, edited
Speaker 2: And engineered by Justin Connor.