Speaker 1: Hey, are you cool cats and kittens.
Speaker 2: It's La La Kent with Ryan with.
Speaker 1: We have a super dope guest today. She is poised, she is elegant, and she is a gangster when it comes to taking the wrath of La La Kent. Her name is Raquel, motherfucking Levice God.
Speaker 3: I gotta tell you the reason I'm excited about having Raquel on is the fact that you two have all this stuff going on about whatever to going at it or whatever whatever, and she is the sweetest human and you have the biggest heart in the world. So I don't understand any of this shit, but I am excited to have her because I don't know Raquel that well. I know we're obviously just saying hi at different things, Yeah, totally. But I'm excited to get to know her because she's always so nice to me, so genuine so and I'm sure you too will talk and we'll hear that.
Speaker 4: Part of it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I'm just glad you two are are talking and friends and whatever it was, we'll we'll get into. But I just got to tell you, Raquel, you know, there's a lot of people on your show and a lot of different personalities and raquel from day one, no matter what.
Speaker 4: Has been going on?
Speaker 1: So sweet.
Speaker 4: So let me ask you a question, Miss Lalla, so soon to be, missus Lala.
Speaker 3: We're we're in quarantine here on week three hundred. Yeah, it's getting it's getting now. Am I right to say that when we first got into quarantine, I had just gotten home. So you're already a weekend?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: I got home day one. I think I went in a full depression, like what is going on? What just happened? And you already had been in like a week right week two, I was like bouncing off the walls, going nuts, renting r v's, you know, going to our house in Palm Springs, blah blah blah. You were happy as a clamp. I saw you drawing every day. You have four hundred coloring books here in front of us, and so you're laughing right here. You've got lizards, you're drawing, You've got I don't know, you've got states and countries. You were having the time of your life. Yes, not only were you coloring. Then we built our we extended our pickleball court, right, and now we've been playing pickleball. That's been awesome, totally so professional coloriss, professional pickleball player, swimmer, step mom, everything, and you have been the best attitude. And I've been in the like the.
Speaker 1: Dems, and I've even PMS while in quarantine.
Speaker 3: Okay, that was a rough four days that those four days were off, but we made it through all that, and you kept a great attitude totally. Yesterday yesterday, Yeah, I feel like you hit the wall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm hitting a wall.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Today today you can.
Speaker 1: Only color and give myself so many facials before I want to fucking shoot everybody.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm looking at you, and at least you're admitting it because you know, you have had the most positive attitude.
Speaker 4: Baby, I swear to you.
Speaker 2: Every day I've been like, well, because I'm anti social.
Speaker 1: So for me, it's like, oh, don't leave your houses, I'm like.
Speaker 3: Uh, for you, three weeks of no gym, three weeks of not seeing any of your friends, any of your friends, yeah takes a toll.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean all of my friends are homebodies, so like if we don't see each other for a minute, like at least we text and whatnot. The gym is.
Speaker 2: Killing me, and the gym is people.
Speaker 1: Well, the gym sets the tone for my whole day, and I want to tell people.
Speaker 4: People don't know this. So normally our schedule.
Speaker 2: Is we wake up, we talked about this, we did, we have talked.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you don't want me to repeat it.
Speaker 1: Well, I would prefer to talk about something different if we've already spoken about it.
Speaker 3: I'm a repeater though, Okay, okay, but going backwards, just saying when you go to the gym, it is your kind of first window of the day after your call.
Speaker 1: Yes, And I've told people a hundred times. If I don't have a trainer, I am not working out. My ass is getting flat. I've lost weight.
Speaker 4: You have lost weight? Is that a thing? Because I don't. I mean, you're skinny already.
Speaker 1: People they're like, oh, that's great me. I want thick, thick ass. I don't want that, and I don't want to freaking thigh gap.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to be thicky thick bitch over here, which is why really? Yeah, so I squat a lot. It's why I eat a lot. But I think it's because Jenna works my ass out so hard that my body is like needing fuel all the time.
Speaker 4: I just want to preface this.
Speaker 3: Whatever however you say you look right now, I think you look stunning, thank you, And I think you look people every day and that is the truth. And you know I say that day, thank you. But what I do want to say is we've hit this wall, both of us. Yeah, and we're looking outside. It's pouring rain right now, and we're just like, you know, when does it end?
Speaker 1: And we feel like I'm in the Walking Dead kind of.
Speaker 2: Yes, like this is our this is our base, this is our camp.
Speaker 1: And the kids are the walkers because they're stuck at home all day.
Speaker 4: Everybody's stuck, are we?
Speaker 1: And I hear them coming up the stairs to l l la la la, shut the door.
Speaker 3: You know, people don't people who don't a lot of people who listen I have kids, but people don't have kids.
Speaker 2: Let me just tell you I love being with my children.
Speaker 1: The people that have kids know exactly what works.
Speaker 4: That's I'm but I'm trying to tell the people that don't.
Speaker 3: So people who don't have children, who are young, you know, or having our kids yet or whatever, you know, you love your kids and you love every minute with them. And people know I love Riley and London obsessively, and so do you.
Speaker 4: You. But here's the thing. When they don't go to school and you have to try to be creative in your home.
Speaker 3: You can only color so much, you can only play Jenga so much. You can only play Hide.
Speaker 1: And seek, swim pickle, run them into.
Speaker 2: The ground so many times.
Speaker 1: Yes, before you're run into the ground by freaking three o'clock exactly.
Speaker 3: But you know, so we so we face that, and and I just think, look, I think we're halfway through this quarantine.
Speaker 4: I think we're on starting to head towards the other side.
Speaker 3: I've read a lot of articles that say the curves aren't happen, the numbers are lower than they thought.
Speaker 4: Look, we don't know yet, but I am optimistic.
Speaker 1: I avoid the news.
Speaker 3: I don't know shit I know, but I'm optimistic seeing a lot of headlines lately that seem like they're going in the right direction.
Speaker 4: So knock on wood, hopefully.
Speaker 1: Will All I know is my mother has put two baskets in the entryway, one full of masks, one full of gloves, and another full of lyesol. And that means, obviously we're stepping our game up. You can't come in the house without those, and you can't leave the house without those, so clearly is popping off.
Speaker 4: It's popping off.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, right now we're in a real serious lockdown this week, and they're saying that hopefully we'll hit our peak. But having said that, it does make me think about, like, when this quarantine's over and we go back to work, we go back to our lives or whatever version the appreciation I'm gonna have for traffic, I'm telling you, when I get in traffic to go to the office, yeah, I'm gonna be like, thank god, I can go to the office. So I just think people are going to be a hope more tolerant and appreciative of the small things in life that.
Speaker 1: We used to take for granted, right Like I used to sit there and be like, ugh, I have to go to, like, you know, a meeting today. Do you know how much money I would give to go to a meeting instead of be like here's the zoom link.
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 2: And by the way, you know, not only.
Speaker 1: Are you asking me to log into something I'm technologically challenged, but you're asking me to get ready to sit at home in front of a computer.
Speaker 4: It's tough.
Speaker 3: It's tough, and I'll tell you, and for you, I got to give you a lot of credit to stay You have stayed sober, you have done your homework with your sponsor.
Speaker 4: And I'm sure for a lot of.
Speaker 3: People who fight addiction having to be quarantined, not be able to drive to their typical weekly meeting that some people have been.
Speaker 4: Going twenty years.
Speaker 1: Zoom, it's all on zoom.
Speaker 3: But for twenty years some of these people or thirty years have been sober going to the same weekly meeting, the same routine. I give a lot of people a lot of credit right now for fighting to stay sober and staying the course, because you know, it's already tough enough. I'm sure to stay sober, but to stay sober in your house.
Speaker 1: I'm really happy that you brought that up, because I feel like everyone is, you know, so consumed with getting sick and getting this virus and what do we do to prevent getting it that we also have to think about the fact that my people, my fellow alcoholics and addicts, don't get to go to meetings that are keeping them sober. Yeah, way, they're having to do the work on their own, calling their sponsor, but they don't have they don't have. Most people don't know this. Just getting in the car to go to a meeting is keeping people sober, and they don't have that anymore. And by the way, we have to log onto a computer and I get it. It's like, okay, well they still have the meeting, but it's different. It is different. So I give so many people that have been going to those meetings for ten twenty years that they're still fucking fighting for their sobriety. Those are the people that inspire me.
Speaker 3: And I want to second that, just when I've gone to your the meetings with you to support you, watching the speakers and the inspiration and kind of the community that comes around you, watching the love that you get, you know, of being sober in the celebratory and when I went to your one year you know, watching you speak like that, I get it, like I get it. And to not have that right now, for you not to be able to just get in the car and say I'm having a shitty two days. You know, I'm stressed, as like everybody else in the world, I'm going to go to my meeting and talk it out.
Speaker 4: You can't do that.
Speaker 1: There are people rand that have been going to the who have been sober for like forty plus years and they go to a meeting and you look in the corner and they're like falling asleep, and it's like, but.
Speaker 2: They went to the meeting.
Speaker 1: They got in the car and they went to their meeting.
Speaker 3: Exactly the point they went to the meeting, and it doesn't matter. And maybe that week they were falling asleep. In the next week they needed the meeting.
Speaker 4: They know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying is that people people take out. It's like, oh, but you can still tune in. It's like, but you don't understand the power of getting into your car and driving to that meeting. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And I give you so much respect. I tell you this all the time.
Speaker 3: Your biggest accomplishment, and when I have gone to meetings with you to support you, watching you just you.
Speaker 4: Know, every time you came out of a meeting that I was with you.
Speaker 3: At, you were l liked, you were like floating, it was like church exactly. So for you not to have that and have to do it on the phone or in zoom. Look, I've been doing meetings or meetups with my friends.
Speaker 2: You know that kind of stuff on the zoom. Yeah, it's not the same.
Speaker 4: It's not the same.
Speaker 3: It's it's good, it's something, it's better than nothing, but it's not the same. And I that one meeting we went to with that amazing speaker, the place down by the four or five whatever, It was an amazing speaker and we were both like amazing, blown away. You know, you can't get that same thing unless you're sitting twenty feet from the person. So allalla to you and everybody out there, who's who's you know staying sober. I give all of you such amazing respect because you know, I know I need.
Speaker 4: To drink even more during these times, so I.
Speaker 1: Should, I give you that's funny. But I just take more baths instead of four, damn taking like six. So if there's a drought problem, I'm single handedly responsible for it.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well I'm fine with that.
Speaker 3: Well, I want to say I am excited about our next guest.
Speaker 4: I am excited that you.
Speaker 3: And her are on such a good path, and I think that I'm excited to get to know a lot about her. So I think we should. You should introduce her because obviously you know her better than me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's take a short break and then we are back with the stunning Raquel Levis, and we are back with the guest that I have been really excited about. I know we've had some rocky times, but she she was like really open to being on our podcast. We have the beautiful Raquel Levin.
Speaker 6: Yes, Hello, Hey, Raquelala, Raquel I am I got to say, got to say you are awesome and and just so cool to just come on here.
Speaker 3: And and I know that you and Laala had some vander Pomp drama, but you know what, that's behind us. And I just want people to get to know you, because you know, I don't know you that well, but I know you know James obviously for a long time now. And I just think that I can't tell you how excited I am for you to be here and for me and everybody to kind of get to know a lot more about you.
Speaker 4: So I just want to thank you, amazing.
Speaker 7: Thank you. No, I'm excited to be here talking to you guys too.
Speaker 1: So you said earlier, like you get you get nervous, you know, doing podcasts, and you you know last year during the reunion, you have told us that you struggle or have struggled with anxiety and things like that. What is it like for you you coming on you know you you met James and then you just like became a personality on reality TV? Like what was your mindset?
Speaker 5: I don't know if i'd call myself a personality. I know you're definitely a person.
Speaker 1: Well, I will say no, no, no, I will say, Raquel, this season watching you has been pretty epic. You've gone toes. I've already told you this when we've had our phone conversations, Like you handle yourself with Grayson Poise. I wish I could do that. Unfortunately I'm cut from a very dingy cloth. But you know, we let that, We've just let it go. But what is it What is it like for you to like watch yourself on TV when you you know you were a model or are a model, like when you film what is your mindset?
Speaker 5: It's really weird watching myself on TV. I don't particularly enjoy it.
Speaker 2: That makes two of us for Keul trust me, two of them.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I was like, oh my gosh, is that what I'm really sound like?
Speaker 5: And like like what am I doing right now with my face?
Speaker 7: And I guess it makes you.
Speaker 5: More aware of you know, your gestures or anything. But filmy in general is definitely an anxiety induced time, because I do get anxious and nervous just about talking in general. Growing up, I in class, I like was always the quiet one, always oh wow.
Speaker 7: The teacher's pat oh wow, like Faull.
Speaker 5: That's obviously not surprising, but.
Speaker 7: I would never speak up. I would never speak up in class.
Speaker 5: I was always so scared too, because I never thought that I had the right answer. And it wasn't until I went to college that things started clicking for me.
Speaker 4: Wait, can you do me a favor, Kaul?
Speaker 3: Can you take me back just so I understand you grew up in northern California?
Speaker 2: Is that correct?
Speaker 5: No, I actually grew up in Thousand Oaks, which is oh here.
Speaker 3: It's in la oh yeah, And just just give me a snippet of like you started modeling pageant, how did it kind of all begin for you? Because you know, you say you were this quiet kid, but I mean obviously you had a lot of ambition. So tell me kind of how, Yeah, tell me how that all came together and then how it led you to kind of vanderpomp.
Speaker 5: I was very ambitious because I was so nervous about talking, but I wanted to push myself out of my comfort zone.
Speaker 7: So that's what drew me into pageantry.
Speaker 5: Okay, I was always scared to like talk in front of other people, So going in and being judged in a person person interview and being on stage in a swimsuit and eat gown, that really pushed me outside of my comfort zone.
Speaker 7: And when I was able to, you know, help myself grow in those ways.
Speaker 4: And let me let me ask a question.
Speaker 3: I've seen these TV shows right which I'm sure you have where they show pageants are them? Was your mom like a pageant mom stage one?
Speaker 2: Is it like that?
Speaker 3: Or I mean, have you seen other moms like that when you were coming up in it? Because I find it fascinating and it's got to be a very surreal experience, like just you know, being on stage at a young age and having to talk and do all these different things.
Speaker 2: There is there drama in that world that you saw or.
Speaker 4: You were shield you know, shielded from that.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 5: No, I didn't start competing on pageants until later, like when I was a teenager. They were like sixteen, so I never experienced the toddlers and tiaras in person. But I can tell you from my experience, it's nothing like that.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay.
Speaker 3: And then and then so you start to do pageants in your teenage years. Obviously you're modeling as well, and you're going through this, and you're going through your education. You're going through your education, and then what happened? So then where where does that take you to? You decide you want to go to college. Obviously get a degree, which I understand I got one as well, But at that point do you continue them just you know, kind of take me through that last part into Los Angeles and how you mentioned this because I'm intrigued.
Speaker 4: I'm very intrigued.
Speaker 5: So when I competed for Miss Hollywood, one of the judges wanted to sign me because she had a modeling agency. So that was my little gateway into the modeling world as little teenager. For call, it was really fun. And then I decided to go to Sonoma State University and get my degree in kinesiology. Oh wow, and I would love to work with kids with special needs in the near future.
Speaker 4: But that did you know that?
Speaker 5: Law?
Speaker 3: Oh you did, dude. That's amazing. That is I had no idea. That is very So that's why I love it.
Speaker 1: She has a very sweetheart.
Speaker 3: But that's why I love podcasts because I would have never known this. And now we're kel, I like, have a whole different like. I mean, I always liked you, and you and I've always been totally respectful to each other. But knowing that you want to work with kids with special needs, I mean, that tells a lot about somebody.
Speaker 4: I mean, that is it's a real yeah. Okay, so so you study that. And then.
Speaker 5: And I was modeling for a bootique called La Lux while I was in school, So I was doing photoshoots with them once a week and not kept my modeling career going right for the time being. And then I guess two years ago is when I moved down to la and James and I have our own place here.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait tell me now, hold on, because this is the exciting part.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 3: This is because Qul, whether you like it or not, you have a ton of fans. I know Laala does, and James I have two or three, my mother, my dad, and my sister. But let me, so, how do you even meet James? Because I don't know that story at all.
Speaker 2: How does that a good story?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Randall's never heard Kell. You have to tell him.
Speaker 7: It's it's like a perfect fairy tale.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: Tell me, tell me, tell me, tell me.
Speaker 3: It didn't invote wait one sec Forkel, it didn't involve range Rovers, right, just just kidding, just kidding, that's my.
Speaker 7: Story, unfortunately range Rovers.
Speaker 3: Okay, tell me tell me how you guys met. That's really cool.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 5: So my sister Kate invited me out to New Year's Eve with her super last minute. I had no plans, but I had my sorority sister with me. So we went out and we went to Pump. We had dinner reservations at Pump and James was DJ and I was sat at table number seven, which is right by the DJ booth.
Speaker 1: Oh that's great that I love that you remember the table number. I know that is okay, so I love my story already DJ booth.
Speaker 5: And I thought he was so cute and I had gotten out of a relationship recently at that time, and James was like the only guy that I thought was really attractive.
Speaker 7: So I go over there and I song requested Beyonce.
Speaker 5: Of course he's like, well, I don't normally take song request but for you, I will oh I love this.
Speaker 4: I love this story.
Speaker 2: I'm such a romantic.
Speaker 4: This is awesome.
Speaker 5: Yes, And that was the first time I heard his British accent.
Speaker 7: You die the first.
Speaker 5: Time and I was like, oh my god like and for a moment I thought he was shaking his accent because it was so so strong. It caught to like a point that it was like such a thick British accent. But now looking back on it, I was looking back on it, I've noticed that James will amp up his British accent according to.
Speaker 1: Second wait, according to who he's talking to.
Speaker 2: He was out there, Raquel, meaning if he liked.
Speaker 7: You, he was into it. I know he's.
Speaker 2: Oh, James's got swagger, swag.
Speaker 3: I mean I already know James has got swagger, but knowing this when he saw you, he went from like, oh, I could be in America to hal.
Speaker 1: He's definitely never like American. He's like true blue British boy. So funny that he like amped it up for a cal right.
Speaker 3: That's but I think that's a door. So after he puts plays a song, what happens next?
Speaker 5: Okay, so the countdown, the midnight countdown, New Year's Deep countdown and so he's like announcing it on the mic and I'm like dancing by him, and then he pulls me over and we kissed that midnight.
Speaker 2: Oh this is the greatest story, like Cinderella. This is pretty dum, I know, cute.
Speaker 5: So then he invited my thrity sister Mandy and I to this place us djaying afterwards.
Speaker 7: I was like, hell yeah, hell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 7: Mandy, like be my wing woman. Let's go.
Speaker 3: Mandy is is definitely going to be your maid of honor and she has.
Speaker 7: Sure she will definitely be a bridesmaid.
Speaker 2: Love love that.
Speaker 3: Okay, let me wait, let me ask, let me ask another two questions. So, first of all, after just getting to know you more here, you and I have a bond on how we met our significant others because I, as you know, met Laala for the first time when she was manning the hostess stand when I had a Christmas Well.
Speaker 4: Okay, womaning of course I have to.
Speaker 3: Be sir, yes, so I I met Laala at sir the same What's.
Speaker 1: I know that those those places that Lisa Vanner Pump owns are just like the they told a lot of love that.
Speaker 5: Is insane.
Speaker 7: I love that I.
Speaker 3: Had no I had no idea. I love this story about you and James. I had no idea.
Speaker 1: But once you once you you you didn't follow him. But once he invited you to the after party, you went there and what happened? Yes, did you let him hit it the first night? Raquel Levis, you're a lady. Oh my god, if.
Speaker 7: You're asking me this, because.
Speaker 5: No one's asked me straight up that way, no one's asked me.
Speaker 7: And the answer is, yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: A one night Dan.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's my girl.
Speaker 2: Raquel, say something.
Speaker 4: I gotta say something. You know, Lala was the same.
Speaker 3: She was the same, And I will say, look at us now, and look at you and him now.
Speaker 2: So there we go.
Speaker 1: See, I always tell people, I'm like, you know what, I don't think that that that like holding off the cookie, really applies at all times. No, it's a it is. Okay, So then you go, you're at Sonoma at this point, right, like you just came in for were you at home?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: For like Christmas?
Speaker 7: Yeah, at this point. At this point, it was my third year in college.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I was at Sonoma State in northern California. So it ended up being that James wanted to continue dating me and he was down to do long distance. So the first date that we had when he came up to visit me, we went mind tasting, because that's what we do in of course, we keep a classy We go barrel tasting.
Speaker 4: This is amazing.
Speaker 5: Then we get a party bus. So we got a party bus and we went out there to all the different wineries.
Speaker 3: Oh, this is as romantic as I really had. I swear to you, law I had no idea that. I mean, this is a great fairy tale.
Speaker 2: It is, it really is.
Speaker 1: And then, so how long had you guys been together when you made your first appearance on vander pump Roules.
Speaker 5: It must have been maybe five months because we met the first of January, and then we started filming that summer.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that was that's quick. Raquel and I want to I'm really gonna like pick your brain. We're going to take a short break and we will be back in a hot second with a beautiful Raquel Levis. And we are back with Raquel Levis. How you doing, boo, You're still hanging in there with us?
Speaker 8: I am all.
Speaker 3: Right, So I am excited that we just heard an incredible fairy tale which I had no clue. Raquel and I are bonded because we both met our significant others at sir.
Speaker 1: Now she met him at pump you both okay, it was about a block away.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I at least get that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: Now the question I have for Raquel is everybody shacked up, everybody walking down the aisle.
Speaker 2: It's like the cool thing of twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, we're asking her about marriage. Now, we're asking if she wants.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't ask anything about the hitting on the first right, I'm the romantic one is related? No, by the way, is if you guys haven't discussed it? But is there any intention soon? Do you guys see that happening in the future. Has there been talks or is it just your You're just gonna wait to the right moment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I definitely see that in the future. For us, we are. We're not in a rush. I keep telling him I'm not in.
Speaker 7: A rush because I still feel.
Speaker 1: Like I'm really young and I don't know I'm how old are you Quale twenty five?
Speaker 7: I'm twenty five?
Speaker 4: Oh wow?
Speaker 2: Also, you're not you have twenty of times and James.
Speaker 4: Hold is James, he's young too. How old?
Speaker 1: I think he's only twenty seven twenty oh, you guys are like twenty eight twenty oh, you guys got if no rung. I will say this though, I know there have been moments that James and I are in the studio and that's definitely his buobo. You know, Raquel is the one, so that'll definitely listen to me. I'm answering the question for you Quel, I'm like, oh, though, for sure.
Speaker 3: I like Raquel's attitude, like like it's just say it's going to happen. I know it's going to happen, and it's gonna happen when we're both LIFs.
Speaker 1: How it works.
Speaker 2: You, on the other hand, what my pressure pressure?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: I us you you said this ship's going down by the end of this year or you're going out. It was pretty much like that. But wow, you don't remember that you got amnesia?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that was probably one of my in my drunken store. Okay, so Raquel, let's talk about we have had two seasons together that have been rocky.
Speaker 7: Little rocky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Royd absolutely, and for you know, you and I have had conversations off camera, off podcasts where you know, we've, in my opinion, have come a very long way. Yeah, and this season we had our coffee date, which I know that we both felt was for me it was a highlight.
Speaker 5: But I loved filming that scene with you. That was one of my highlights of these because we got to speak on such like like real and civilized and like nice level where like we were hearing each other and and I just got to talk to you about my experience with James's steps to so variety, and I feel like we were able to really like relate in a way.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I felt like we related in that moment too. And I have to ask, because I am obviously a hotthead you have been on the receiving end, how in the world do you maintain being so calm and poised during attack? Like, what the hell did your mom teach you to be like that?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 5: No, I don't know, I just born that way.
Speaker 3: That's amazing, Raquel, Raquel, I give it to you mad credit and mad props because I am on the receiving end sometimes of my fiance's frustrations. I like, I use the word frustrations, but uh right, And I'm pretty.
Speaker 4: Level headed, babe, don't you think.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm pretty yeah, Oh, you're pretty normal. But I think I think, uh, you know, you're not marroring Lalla. So the fact that you can be calm is mad props to you.
Speaker 1: No, I really think it's amazing. Do you like when you go into filming? I know I asked you this, but like cause you don't know what to expect and you're so like normal and level headed, Like what is your process of being Like Okay, I know I got into it with La La or whatever, like going into a scene, Like, how do you maintain that? I mean, I'm asking you for advice.
Speaker 3: Here, I knew that Ike Raquel, I'm going to shut up right after this, I knew where she was going with Raquel. She was basically had to hit it on the head. She wants you to help her, Raquel, give her advice?
Speaker 2: How does she remain calm? Please?
Speaker 5: I wish I had an easy answer for you, But all I can say is every time I.
Speaker 7: Go into scene filming.
Speaker 5: I try to just like be really happy going into it and like, I don't know, try to enjoy the moment because it's in those moments where I grow personally and the sense that I get super anxious when we do film.
Speaker 7: And we're in.
Speaker 5: Positions that aren't the easiest and I'm very non confrontational.
Speaker 4: So right, So that's just your DNA.
Speaker 3: It's basically it's your DNA the way, yeah, the way, the way, the way that you function day to day.
Speaker 2: You don't sister like that?
Speaker 1: Is your sister like calm too?
Speaker 2: No, No, she's not.
Speaker 7: We're very opposite.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I love it. Have you Have you ever battled with her?
Speaker 5: No, we're our age gap is too much but six years apart, so we never like battled it out like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, but you're like more of the calm child and your sister's more of the one that's like just a killer, not a killer, but you know what I mean with a fighting Yeah, okay, I totally get it. Wow. I mean I have told you this many times, and before we sign off, I'm going to tell you again.
Speaker 2: You have been.
Speaker 1: You've made an extremely you know, hard, life changing moment like coming onto this show. I know that it's not easy, and from the bottom of my heart, I am sorry that you've been on the receiving end. Of my wrath. It will not happen again. And I want to tell you, not only were you cool, calm and collected, you are so fucking fun to watch this season. Raquel.
Speaker 4: You need to know.
Speaker 3: That all this is so I mean this, I want to out if we weren't quarantine, if we weren't in quarantine, I would hug it out with both of you right now.
Speaker 4: This is really sweet.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's and I and I love Raquel, that you shared your story because it really is a beautiful story. And I think sometimes we don't just like you know, Lala, and I like, people don't get to see all of us, and I think just like people don't get to see all of you and James and hearing kind of how you came together and the love that you have and you're you know, you got pushed into this world like I did, and it's not an easy world to be in.
Speaker 4: And I give you a lot of a lot of respect for that.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: We are so happy that you that you gave us some of your quarantine time. And I hope that you go and enjoy the rest of your day, my love.
Speaker 7: Yes, thank you, you too.
Speaker 2: You guys thank you.
Speaker 4: You were so fun to have on and we appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Yes, bye baby, Okay, Wow, I have to say, like, there have been many moments and I'm not gonna get choked up about this. I'm sure it's because I'm like stuck in this.
Speaker 4: House bouncing off the wall.
Speaker 1: But you know, filming a reality TV show is a lot of work. It's a lot of pressure. You're asked to be surrounded by people that you don't always click with or see eye to eye, and you know, most times people want to slam you for the way that you've treated somebody, and absolutely I did not treat her correctly. But people also have to understand that we don't get one minute to sit back and reflect on what's happened or think about what's been said. We are thrown into positions where you know, you either are a fighter like me, or you're very cool and calm like Raquel, And I respect that, but I think you know, the making up of my cast members, when we can see eye to eye and show love because we're in this together, that is the most beautiful moment.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm sitting here looking at you with tears in your eyes and makes me happy. Because I know you know, and not to get into too much, but I know that you have been very affected by just this thing with Raquel that happened on the show.
Speaker 1: And you don't have anybody that like who I think should get the wrath of whatever I'm feeling. She is so not the one I know, Bob, I feel really bad about that.
Speaker 3: Well, I love you, and I know that in your heart you're the sweetest human in the world.
Speaker 1: And I know that Raquel, I'm definitely not the sweetest human in the world.
Speaker 4: Well, you're the sweetest human to me. Well, I think, okay, but what I want.
Speaker 1: And I'm really grateful that she came on the podcast that was amazing, like her talking about how she met James amazing.
Speaker 3: And by the way, what I'm trying to say is this that you are the sweetest inside.
Speaker 4: That's who you are.
Speaker 3: And I think that you're put in a situation that you know, you're on a show where you guys are together every day for months and months and months and months and months, and people explode.
Speaker 4: And I think the fact, let me say this, the fact that.
Speaker 3: Today you can sit here and admit you know your your faults, right, that's.
Speaker 4: You know how big of that that.
Speaker 3: That takes a lot of courage, just like it took her a lot of courage to be able to come on the podcast and say, hey, we are okay, we are friends. Now we did bury the hatchet. And I want to tell you that you deserve the same amount of credit because you don't give yourself any credit ever. And I'm looking at you and I know you still probably won't give yourself credit. But Lala, it takes a lot to apologize.
Speaker 1: There's just step up and say there's something that I The part that I need to work on is when I went off on Raquel the two times this season, what she was saying, I felt that I was the things that I cared about were an attack. Even last year, I felt that she was attacking my dad, and I needed to take a step back and be like, she's not meaning this in an ill way. Correct, she's not you, but you also instead I and I was like, I'm ready to fight. And I should know by now the difference when someone's trying to be evil and mean and when someone is saying something where I'm taking it the wrong way.
Speaker 3: And I want to say, again, it's huge of you to be able to apologize say you were in the wrong at the same time, and I'm not I mean, I am your partner, but I'm also going to be honest. You were in a really, really difficult place the last year, losing your dad. You were I mean, you were in a spiral. So I mean, I'm not justifying anything. I'm just saying you weren't in your right head because you'd lost your dad. So now today I look at you, and I see a different woman sitting here saying, you know what, Sorry, I didn't mean to come at you that way. You didn't deserve that. And look at you too. Now now you guys are friends and you guys talk, and she trusted to come on our podcast, which is huge of her, and it's huge of you to be able to want her to come on this podcast. I just think if we weren't in quarantine right now, we'd all be at dinner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's my stay, And I want to say one more thing before we sign off. Most people that know me know I know that I have negative comments in my DMS. I know that I have negative comments in the comments section, which is why I avoid reading them, because it affects me However, when I watched the show back and I saw my behavior, that is what is sitting with me, not anything else. I mean the other day we did Andy Cohen's show, Watch Rabin's Life, and he was like a lot of people. I asked him. I was like, are you asking me these questions? Did I get a lot of hate from that? And he was like, oh, we had so many comments about it. So I had no idea until he said that, and I was like, I was already feeling badly about what was going on. So I'm just really grateful we had her on. She's a freaking.
Speaker 2: Badass, but I can already see you all And it was.
Speaker 1: Fun because she even told us she gave it up on the first night see a girl after my own, damn heart. I'm sure she's gonna be like, oh no, I don't want to be a girl.
Speaker 3: After a while, I was sorry, Okay, I'm just gonna leave this one alone. But I want to say, you already look lighter and happier like the fact that you too, bet yeah, I think you know.
Speaker 4: Look, this is weak.
Speaker 3: I don't know anymore. I'm just going to leave it at that week whatever of quarantine because this is I feel like we live in quarantine now, but I think doing this podcast connects us to people that are kind of in the same boat. And I think, you know, I want to say, relationships are hard, and then when you put people in quarantine, they're harder. So anybody out there that's going through a tough moment in their relationship, stay positive and stay strong and just keep working through it, because the stronger you are in quarantine, the better your relationship will be out of quarantine.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, we are sending you all all of our love and our prayers. And before we sign off and I tell you guys to go sleigh the day, let's listen to some voicemails you already ran to.
Speaker 4: This is like my favorite part of it.
Speaker 1: I know, it's so fun. I feel like I know these people.
Speaker 9: Yep, Hi, Lala, I'm Randall. This is Andrea from Atlantic City, New Jersey. Love you, l La and everything you stand for on vander Pump. But I love Randall, So rand you better stop saying you don't have any fans, because you do now. My question is for Randall. I want to know more about your background on poker. I've watched videos of you playing it's amazing. If you ever come to Alantic City to play a tournament, let your fans know. Thanks.
Speaker 4: I love this question.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, a locker question.
Speaker 3: While I was going to fall asleep here and is they're banging my head. First of all, thank you Atlantic City. I love and the Borgata as the best tournaments ever. So when I do come, I definitely will post. I don't know, I am so obsessed with poker. It's my passion, you know. What can I say? I put a lot of time in studying the game. I love tournaments. I love the competitiveness. I love how I'm always trying to get better and you can never, you know, beat the game. You're always working in a proving the game as it evolves, and it's just one of my favorite things in the world. It's a happy place for me, and I've really the community of poker.
Speaker 4: Is just so special.
Speaker 3: I love meeting people from all over the world at play. You can go to any country, any city, any state, find a poker room and play and you don't you know, it's just it's just a really really unique game. So thank you, and I'm glad I have a fan. I think you're one of my first fans outside of my family. So thank you.
Speaker 1: And I'm just dying that someone asked you about.
Speaker 2: You know, I could do all Podcosker you know what, and.
Speaker 3: And I'm going to tell you something, Andrew, you know what I'm gonna do for you and Lala is not gonna let me, but I'm going to win this battle. I am going to do a poker podcast with you, Lawa maybe in a few weeks where we bring on Phil Hellmuth and a couple of the best pros in the world.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we'll have all of ten listeners that week.
Speaker 3: Fine, and and all right, anyway, thanks Andrea, and I appreciate it, and all the poker payers out all the poker players out there, keep listening, keep playing, all right.
Speaker 8: Next question, Hey, Lala and Randall. This is Lee and from New Jersey. Me and my kids absolutely love watching Lala on Standard Pump Rules, and I love listening to your podcast. You guys are hilarious and you are my favorite couple on Vander Pump Rules. And I just had a question. I was wondering if you've ever considered doing your own spinoff show. I think that it would be an absolute number one hit and you guys would be hilarious to watch for an entire hour. All right, love you guys. Bye.
Speaker 1: Would you ever do a spin off?
Speaker 4: Babe?
Speaker 1: First of all, First of all, I wonder how old her kids are that are watching vander pomp.
Speaker 4: I bet you they're teenagers.
Speaker 1: Oh, Leanne, you're you're a gangster. I love that you and your kids watching.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to answer this question because all I'm going to say before you answer this question is the phone. I said I would never do vander Pump and you did, right, And I'll say and I'm going to say, I would never want to do a spin off.
Speaker 4: But at the end of the day, you know I I.
Speaker 1: You realize if we did a spinoff, we would have to show it all, like we would have to show our fights. We would have to It would.
Speaker 2: Be we don't go we go toes.
Speaker 1: We love hard, play hard, fight hard. And I said that first. I love hard.
Speaker 2: See the fans, look you're looking at me right now.
Speaker 4: Let's see.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm I would do a spinoff in two seconds. Mention it all, mention.
Speaker 2: It all anyway.
Speaker 3: I would I would prefer not to do a spinoff, but if my fiance, Uh forced me to.
Speaker 4: I probably would fold at some point.
Speaker 1: Well, first we have to get an offer evolution where you at bro come produce my ship. All right, we have one more voicemail. I love this one.
Speaker 10: Yeah, hey, Lala, it's Syrian. I'm from Tulsa, Oklahoma. Or should I say Tulsa, Oklahoma with nothing but a hole.
Speaker 5: As a sais?
Speaker 10: I vote yes for James Kennedy coming back.
Speaker 9: We love him.
Speaker 10: We have so much fun listening to him. He is so awesome and I didn't get to see him when he was here, so I'm sad.
Speaker 9: Other than that, how much?
Speaker 10: My question for you and Randall is how much of a decision does Randal have in actually planning the wedding. Would you say it's like ninety ten or fifty fifty or do you let him make any calls? And if you do, what calls or is he allowed to make about the wedding?
Speaker 7: Thanks?
Speaker 1: Rand How much are you involved in the wedding planning? This is funny because she asks fifty to fifty or ninety ten. I think you're more ninety and I'm more ten.
Speaker 3: Okay, that is not okay, I'll tell you can I tell you the truth of my opinion. Yeah, I think when we started the wedding process, I think maybe I was ninety ten my favorite.
Speaker 1: In the beginning, you were ninety ten, you were the ninety I.
Speaker 3: Think I was driving the train like you were fine getting married with six people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but now, and be honest, law and I see the smark on your face.
Speaker 3: Tell me, I believe today my power has completely gone, and I believe you've handed it over to now.
Speaker 1: Neither of us have power, and our moms split it fifty to fifty.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 3: But I think that whatever you say these days, I'm kind of like, I just want you to be happy.
Speaker 1: So, yes, Randall is a movie producer, so this wedding, he sees it like it's a movie, Like it's a production. For me, I've been very vocal about this. I have never dreamed about getting married, Like I wasn't that kid. As a young girl. No, I was thinking about, like all I want to do is move to Hollywood, Like that's what I saw. You know, while most girls are like wearing veils and shit, that wasn't me. So for me, I was like, let's just have a small wedding. We'll invite our close friends and family and call it a day. Randall and his producer Mine was like, no, I need a fifty piece orchestra and a piano player and whatever else, fifty person choet.
Speaker 2: But be honest, La honest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Wait before your fans, before your fans think that this is your still mindset.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I'm telling that now. I feel now, okay, I want to When it came to canceling the April eighteenth wedding and we were like, okay, well we can still do it that day, but we'll do it very small.
Speaker 2: You could have had a small wedding time, I was like, oh.
Speaker 1: But now I have this extravagant wedding in mind. I want the fifty person choir.
Speaker 4: That is true.
Speaker 3: And by the way, fans of La La, I will tell you she really had that at a moment where you could have decided let's just do the courthouse small whatever, yeah, and you said, no, my mind is there now, like I want to celebrate in the best way. And I will tell you our wedding now having gone through this quarantine like the rest of the world. I even told my mother, the celebration we're going to have is going to mean so much more than anything we've ever celebrated, because it's almost like a celebration of freedom.
Speaker 4: We have our freedom again.
Speaker 3: I mean, in addition to the romance and the love that we have, I just think we're going to be so excited to enjoy every moment of that week.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Today it was a fun podcast. We got to answer y'all's questions. We got to have Raquel Levi is on the podcast. I'm feeling good. I feel like I can send our listeners into their homes again to slay the day.
Speaker 2: Guys, keep moving around.
Speaker 3: You know what I do, La, I go from the kitchen to the bedroom to the family room, and I just pretend I'm going to different cities.
Speaker 2: You know, that's a great idea I do.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 3: I'm like the kitchen this Paris, and then I go up to London in my bedroom. And then sometimes I go to the playroom and I think, like that's like Disneyland.
Speaker 4: So I just I just keep it in my mind. It's like I'm moving around.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's like we're all getting our creativity back. I love it.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 1: All right, you guys have the best day ever. Stay safe, stay healthy. We love you, and we will see you and talk to you next week.