Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio News.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Let's get to some of the individual gainers and decliners.
Speaker 3: Here to help break us down in today's market action is Bloomberg News cross ass That reporter Isabelle Lee.
Speaker 4: Happy New Year, Happy New Year.
Speaker 5: I think they're around maybe six hours or so to go till twenty.
Speaker 4: Twenty six, depending on where you are, depending.
Speaker 5: On where I am. Yes, because in my parents' country in the Philippines, it's already twenty twenty six where they live. In the future.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's so far, so good, I think, so okay, good.
Speaker 5: Far hours up to twenty twenty six.
Speaker 4: Okay, off and running, off and running. So we got things.
Speaker 3: We got another bullmarket, thirty year in a row of a bull market for the S and P five hundred. How are you looking at not just today's market action, but how things are looking.
Speaker 5: It's interesting because it's an exciting year of the AI Riley Broaden. There were many good things that happened unexpected. If you look at the year today performance of the SMP, it's like the volatility in April didn't happen.
Speaker 4: Isn't it shocking?
Speaker 1: It's if I've fallen asleep for like a bunch of months.
Speaker 5: We should have just done that, exactly should But if you look to next year, inflation is still higher. There's also anxiety about whether when the AI trade will pay out right, and there's also just geopolitical tensions tailor risk events that you don't know. That's why a lot of the analysts we talked to were saying everything is maybe priced to perfection. If you look at the strategists, everyone is predicting double digit games, at least everyone that Bloomberg polls.
Speaker 1: I'm blown away by how bullish strategists are at this point.
Speaker 3: Well, to Isabel's point, the S and P five hundred back on April eighth of this year, forty nine eighty two, up up now more than thirty seven percent from those lows.
Speaker 5: Yeah, can you imagine? And even bitcoin, I mean it hit one hundred and twenty thousand. Well, bitcoin is a different story now it's around eighty seven thousand. But the price action was something that you would expect, because you would expect bitcoin to behave like a risk acid and to behave like the S and P and the NASSEC. But it didn't. So maybe this is a defining year.
Speaker 1: I think part of that is we're just not quite sure still what bitcoin is.
Speaker 5: That's a cryptocurrency.
Speaker 1: Is it a currency? Is it an asset? Is it a command because it's going.
Speaker 5: To also act like a haven? No exactly?
Speaker 1: Which is some you know that people have talked to me.
Speaker 4: Maybe guys should watch our crypto.
Speaker 5: Show to do every Tuesday. Okay, it's a highlight on my tuesday.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 3: Oh come on, hey, okay, hey, before we do talk about that gainers and decliners today, what's on your radar?
Speaker 5: We have to talk about. Nike shares are up by more than four percent. That's after it's CEO Elliott Hill reportedly bought one million dollars worth of shares, and of course this comes after Nike shares rallied last week after Apple c O Tim Cook bought shares and he doubled his stake. He bought around three million dollars. He doubled his stake, which is also signaling confidence in Hill's strategy. So he basically doubled down. And we know that Nike has really struggled for some time. They reported weaker quarterly margins, sluggish shales in China, and even Converse also sluggish.
Speaker 3: I wear these companies, Nike and Apple have long been very close, and I don't know if if Yeah, Tim Cook is lead director at Nike, he's.
Speaker 4: He's on the company so yeah, oh yeah, he's on the board for years.
Speaker 5: Still took it as it, yeah, as a vote of confidence because that's his personal state. But yeah, nine slaughters buying. We like to see that, right. Nike's on track for its fourth year of the clients. Oh, it's its fourth year of the clients, and the stock is now down some sixty five percent off its all time heighths in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to a story that I might gotten fascinated by. But yeah, of course Trump media and technology. You've been watching, we have been watching.
Speaker 5: It's a val tile stock DJT, so they said it plans to distribute a new digital token to shareholders in partnership with Crypto dot com. The stock is up by more than five percent. Tickers DJT one digital token. You can expect if you could have one digital token, you'll get one share of DJT. But this company has just been interesting. Matt Winkler, the c EIC emeritus of Bloomberg. He wrote an op ed on December nineteen. He said, Okay, look at this company. It generated just three point seven million in revenue over the past twelve months, posted an operating loss of one hundred and eighty six million, and it's the only company among its twenty domestic peers with no widely disseminated twelve month target share price, no revenue estimate, no earnings forecasts. So what do you make of that? How do you look at a company like that?
Speaker 1: Well, this is something that we've had a conversation of, just like you know, companies' assets, trades that are tied to the White House very clearly, and you do have to be, some would say, very smart about looking at these things.
Speaker 5: Title White House or a very very well known name, which leads us to think that maybe is personality driven investing behind us. I'm not quite sure.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's a good point. That's a good point. All right, let's go to some decliners.
Speaker 5: Decliners, So maybe you can talk about Corset ticker cort So shares fail after regulators rejected the company's drug to treat a form of high blood pressure. So biotech firms, you know that they really swing widely after FDA approval or rejection. So the stock is down fifty percent, and this means that the company shed nearly three and a half billion dollars in their market cap, so it's really a huge loss. So they're studying the drug to treat patients with hypertension who have too much of the hormone cordy sool in their bodies.
Speaker 4: Okay, Robinhood very briefly, robin.
Speaker 5: Hood stock is down by two percent. Need them basically cut their price target and robin Hood, but I just want to bring up the robin Hood has had an interesting year because this year they added sports wager and capabilities. They're really tapping into that whole polymarket calshy world, and customers will be able to customize combinations with as many as ten outcomes. This is a new beat, honestly, and I'm still learning about it. When I read about polymarket and cal shee, I'm new to it. I look at the website. There's a bet that will Jesus come in twenty twenty five. There's a lot of serious but a lot of what what is that beat? Well, Jesus come so we'll know six hours.
Speaker 4: I just want to know.
Speaker 1: Is Elvis coming in twenty twenty six?
Speaker 4: Maybe? Okay, get there.
Speaker 3: I'm going to talk about facts before we get to Elvis or you Robinhood up more than two hundred percent this year, two hundred three percent this year.
Speaker 5: It's a big deal. And they got added to the also, yes, so they got a huge pop because of that. Although not every stock that gets added gets a pop, but they're one of those that did. So it's a really big year for them after being just a memestock in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: Well, it was a good year. When we've got you in the studio. Thank you so much, Happy New Year. Really appreciate it. Bloomberg News process at reporter Isabell Lee.
Speaker 2: She does so much here for us.
Speaker 1: Happy Happy twenty six.
Speaker 2: The Stock Mover's Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.