Speaker 1: What is up, Dolphins and welcome to the Draft Time Podcast. I am your host, Travis Wingfield and on today's show, one more time before the Kyle Krabs Draft Extravaganza, We're gonna talk today about the thirty visits that have been attached to the Miami Dolphins and what those prospects could bring should they take the devon a chan route and be a guy that was here on a visit the guy Draft by the Miami Dolphins. We'll also talk about potential immediate impact players because Chris we were mentioned, the Dolphins needed to find a few of those guys in this year's class. So who could be those options from the Baptist Health Studios inside the Baptist Health Training Complex. This is the Draft Time Podcast, Maybe daf two episodes next week before the draft begins Monday and Tuesday with Kyle Krabs are now five year running annual Dolphins Draft Extravaganza ahead of the Big Wee weekend and we've done the mock draft roundups, the player profiles, the my Guys list. I feel like we're pretty much at the end of the draft of rope here in fact, yep, the content fatigue has set in for your boy. It does every single every single part of the year, the content fatigue arrives, whether it's training camp is the worst, the last couple of days of training camp like that. That's the biggest slog of all. Draft is probably the second behind that. What's number one is a season that goes off the rails early. That's when you're out of it early on, like back in you know, twenty nineteen, for instance, I think it was the last time the Dolphins were out of playoff contention before like Thanksgiving. That can be difficult, but I will say the last week of draft coverage, I'm pretty much over it by this point, but I will say I did conjure up one more fun show before the extravaganza next week that I think can be a bit of an enigma across Dolphins draft coverage. We'll talk about a few players I think can match something that Chris said it his Tuesday press conference and I something that the roster pretty much, you know, shows you the Dolphins will need to have as an immedia impact from guys. So based on my own study and evaluations, I thought we could talk about some of the players that might fit that mold, that have the skills and the polish and the little something extra to be immedia impact players, which is a pretty rare thing in the NFL. Even the guys that have good rookie seasons don't always start that way. Chop Robinson was, you know, from the sack production standpoint and his run defense last year had a slow start, but then he came on the second half of the year and was one of the top ten pass rushers in the NFL. For Patrick Paul, I mean it was similar, And you know, those guys were both not supposed to be immedia impact players, or at least Patrick Paul was supposed to be like a red shirt year right, And when you know it, Chopp goes for a finalist for Defensive Rookie of the Year. And Patrick had two damn good game tapes in December, he had two more that we were not as good, one at right tackle, one off the bench against Miles Garrett. Like those are kind of difficult circumstance. So sometimes we think about impact guys in terms of their Week one usage, But I would challenge you to broaden your perspective here because it's really the case in all sports that the end season development is oftentimes more important than what you get over the course of the spring. In the summer, you know, guys in the best shape of his life. While this guy's hitting five sixty down spring training, he's gotta have a great year, Like, okay, we'll see what happens when he's getting specialized relievers in the game against him, throwing ninety nine, you know, lefty on lefty matchup. And forgive me for going back to this analogy speaking of baseball, as it is my security blanket of comparisons, but as someone who has watched I would say one hundred and forty plus Mariner games every year since the mid nineties. And actually, you know what, let me take a reprieve on that. I have to make a confession about my baseball fandom. I did defect from the Mariners to the Cincinnati Reds when they traded Griffy. I was a bigger Griffy fan than a Manors fan early on, But once I grew up a little bit, I came back to the marriage. Actually, Griffy came back to the minors and I came back In the now, now I'm an adult, so I stick with the same team. But you know, those since the mid nineties when the Manors were like the best offense in baseball every year. The modern Mariners open every single season with a lineup that's always a far cry from what it is. Once the summer months come around, they'll dfa, they're non productive guys, which why were they that way in the first place, I don't know, but it's just kind of how it goes. They'll promote better players from the minor leagues. I'll make a trade or a signing every August and you look back in April, from from the August to April stretcher, and you're like, what the hell was that lineup back on opening day? I mean, in golf, hell, inside of one tournament last weekend, Rory McElroy goes from two double bogies to close his back nine at the Masters, and comes back the next day and shoots seven under par and then goes nuclear on Saturday too to take a three shot lead into Sunday, And we saw what happened there. I'll make one more reference to it. It reminds me of the twenty fifteen Arizona Cardinals. A total tangent here, but anybody else agree that content has become far too saturated in every walk of life. Seth from the Fish Tank podcast sent me a list of the top twenty five Dolphins podcast Like, there's twenty five of them? Why, you know, Like everyone is entitled to get on a podcast and have, you know, on a microphone talking to a podcast, But do you have time to listen to twenty five Dolphins podcasts? I guess it was something out there for everybody, but it used to be for me, anything NFL related was appointment viewing. I couldn't put it down anything at all. Hey, rookie, welcome to the NFL. You know those those documentaries that are still on ESPN, actually, but now it's like there's a documentary on every single little thing. I think there's like four documentaries on the freaking four Red Sox in that series against the New York Yankees. But that twenty fifteen Cardinals team. I bring them up because they were the first one to do something that was, to me, the best NFL content ever done before the saturation began. It was twenty fifteen and it was the all or nothing series on Amazon. It was in season Hard Knocks, but it came out after the season and you could binge it back to back to back to back, and it covered the entire season. It wasn't just the you know, the Thanksgiving on stretch that we've seen on Hard Knocks recently. And in that season when the Cardinals went to the NFC Championship game, there's a great shot of Bruce arians talking about star rookie running back David Johnson and how by Thanksgiving he's going to be our bell cow. He's telling somebody in like a Week three game before the game, you know, talking to the coaches on the other team, like they had this plan to build him into their feature back, and the plan was never to have it happen right away, although his production sort of accelerated that think he had like two touchdowns in that game and a kickoff return touchdown. So that's a long winded way of saying it's not always about Week one, but the collection of the entire season, the same way the offseason isn't over on April eighteenth, right, And with all that in mind, I wanted to look at some players that could follow David Johnson or Chop Robinson in terms of their rookie season impacts. And to me, it starts with a player that is being over thought a little bit at least in the media and fan aspect of social media discourse. And right now he is my favorite provided what I think is going to be on the board, my favorite option at number thirteen, it's Will Johnson, the Michigan cornerback. And there will be a theme here with these players. It's gonna be guys that play their positions at a high level from a processing and fundamental standpoint.
Speaker 2: But wait, that's not all.
Speaker 1: And I saw this great tweet the other day about pro ready quarterbacks and what that means, and it's usually not the pro ready prospect in terms of his aptitude for reading defenses, for instance, and playing the position that has success right away, because those guys kind of have to learn the speed of the game and sharpen that superpower to make it NFL ready.
Speaker 2: Now. CJ.
Speaker 1: Stroud was that way and he made it work as rookie season, but he was like otherworldly in that department, and you kind of get that sometimes with these guys that come out that have all these reps, as we've talked about in the past, but oftentimes the standout rookie quarterback is an athlete who has no idea what the hell he's doing in terms of playing the position, but he just figured it out. Lamar Jackson was that way right that rookie yearth the Ravens. He was not a polished passer by any means, and he just survived on peer athletic talent and then the rest came along in his career and now he's like a Hall of Fame quarterback.
Speaker 2: Cam Newton was that way. Hell.
Speaker 1: What better example than Josh Allen who was playing yolo ball as a rookie his first season and the night out Now I would consider him a top ten decision maker at the position, which pairs well with top three physical gifts too. So it's fun to enjoy twenty five consecutive years of either the second best or first best quarterback in the NFL in your division. So there's some of that there too. I'll explain it as I go along with back to Will Johnson. I think he's getting nitpicked right now, but turn the tape on and watch a super smart player that just understands angles, what route concepts look like. I mean, you don't get the highest zone coverage grade in college football without having a pretty good mind for the offense's tendencies and the ability to anticipate the play study or to play based on your study. That to me is Will Johnson's game on top of really really good physical skills. And this is where you know, I think you can. You just cannot shortchange the tape watching process. And I shoot, as someone that was a purveyor of stats and analytics on this podcast the first couple of years, like I've kind of taken a full swing. I went all the way into the stats and stuff and said, like, this is very valuable. And now I kind of like, I kind of almost feel like it's like, shut up nerd territories, like just watch the tape. Because I said, there was a debate on Twitter the other day or X with a guy that was saying like he didn't watch the tape when he had all these evaluations based upon his model, and I'm like, brother, that's great. It's a great supplementary skill. And we I mean, NFL teams pay out the nose for those types of studies and models. But you cannot do that absence of the tape. You have to match it with the tape. So when it comes to Will Johnson, I don't care about him not running his forty coming off of a hamstring injury, you know, in April of his rookie season. I don't care about him not bench pressing, which no one does that anymore anyway, So I don't know what we're talking about. That. Just watch the damn tape. You do not hawk down ja Aden Blue, the four to three to eight Texas back that's what he ran an indie. By the way, if you don't run a four to four yourself, the math doesn't math there, does it. He's a great athlete, and the tape tells you that. I think he's one of the most immediate impact players in this entire class. In fact, I think that we are maybe spinning our wheels here a little bit cause I think that he should go in the top like six or seven other draft will he I don't know, but if he doesn't, I'll be happy to scoop him up. I think the same is true for my cornerback three. And honestly, he's neck and neck with Johnson two. It's Texas is jadea Baron. We've covered his intelligence, his mature approach. He's twenty four years old today, so it makes sense he's been around the players that came into the college during the COVID year. They've had to display some patience, and they're going to be older rookies than most rookies are because they missed a year of college football. But I think Baron's ability to grasp the concept of multiple positions right away, the anticipation he plays with from those spots, his ability to slide back to rush to cover. I think he's a day one chess piece that has proof of concept that he can do that in an NFL. Sometimes you get these super versatile pieces and you project all the things they can do at the NFL level, but they wind up never really finding their Niche like Isaiah Simmons for the Arizona Cardinals. Yeah, drafted by the Cardinals, rights with the Giants now or went to the Giants. But he was a guy that I mean, your boy was like talking about I would take either two or Isaiah Simmons and the pick five and that's how highly I thought of him. But he didn't really work out because I thought no one really had a plan for how to use him. I think Tyler Warren is the same. I think you've seen an offense run through him there at Penn State. I think you've seen a lot of the same things I said about Baron in terms of different alignments, responsibilities, and his understanding of leverage, angles of attack. All of that is a calling card of his. And then I think about his ability to run with the football, like college or pro. That's a man that's going to break tackles. And if we the Royal we as a football hole can conjure up a manufactured touches, they create three yards for you, and then he can make that an eight yard play. That's one of the most valuable tree eligible can have. And that's why I would add Ashton Jean t to this list, even though he's going to be long gone by the time we pick. And his great Player's Tribune article that he wrote where he said, hey, it's tackle football, I would draft the guy that they can't tackle. That's a pretty good point, Ashton. I feel the same way about Tyler Warren. And then that's probably where my cutoff is in terms of guys that I think are like, well, that's not true. Let me take that back, because this one is probably the most obvious. Malachi Starks captain, played championship football at Georgia for three years signal caller on a complex defense. He might be the most day one ready guy in the entire class. And to me, those are the four guys, and it's been that same we've talked about those four guys at length. Of those are the four guys that I think you can put in your starting lineup the day you draft them, and they can be eighty ninety percent snaptakers. I mean, they have to prove it, but I feel like that's where you would project them right away as rookies, like this guy is tight end not tight end one because Johonna Smith is here, like Starks can be safety one. Will Johnson could be cornerback one. Like They have that kind of potential the minute you draft him. And then I would say, for me, those are the guys in the round one range that have the most immediate starter impact potential. And there are others I think that you would have some semblance of the question about their ability to make an immediate impact with some of the guys that might have to move from tackle a guard for its on the offensive line. And that's not to say that that's not there with Johnson, Baron and Warren, And it starts all rookies are unproven, but to me, those ones are the ones I could start a football game as pros tomorrow because of their makeup. Let's go ahead and take our first break right there. Come back on the other side and do some more of these Draft time podcasts brought to you by Autoation. You guys tired of my round one draft talk on the show because it's mostly been the same guys, And maybe I am like going too far on the pendulum against the grain of common draft coverage, where I feel like every year you get these baseline ideas, you kind of get fatigued by the whole process, you get some crazy takes out there, and then it reels back into the actual like original grounded thoughts. For me, I just skipped the whole process in the middle of just like, yeah, these are the same good guys we talked about back into So maybe that's boring podcasting. Maybe I should Maybe I should get out rage. Maybe I should tell you about drafting. You know, Tyler Shook the thirteenth pick, that the Louisville quarterback, Or maybe I should talk about taking Omary and Hampton the NC the North Calina running back. Maybe it should should get some hot takes in here. Ted McMillan at thirteen to the Miami Dolphins. Would that would that make a better podcast? I don't think so. That's why I don't do it. So, yeah, those are the same guy's been talking about all draft season. And you can throw Kenneth Grant in there as well, the offensive line guys Walter Nolan like it's it's the same guys are talking about and picking it back up here with the same theme from segment one. Who are some of the players that I think are ready to step in and contribute when we hit the field on September seventh.
Speaker 2: Or eighth, or maybe the fifth. It won't be the fourth.
Speaker 1: The Thursday night game is going to be Philly and somebody else, and we do not play in Philly this year, but it could be the Friday game, could be the Monday game, right, you never know. We'll see tangents aside. Let's rolled down this list here. I'm just doing it by position now. That was like first round players. This is by position at wide receiver. I've really got three, but I took one offul list because I think he's going to be gone outside of our range of possible draft selections, and that is a mecca of at Buka from Ohio State. I think he's very polished, So he is not on this list, But receiver Elick ao Minore from Stanford is. I saw someone compare him to Robert Woods Bobby Trees, and I just think that's a perfect comparison. When you were talking about a rookie receiving receiver excelling. There's one common trait that makes them good as rookies. It's their route running and in particular, can they get off the line of scrimmage. Ao Minor has the very best released in the entire draft. He's a dog blocker and he gets open. And let's say you had a formation with Reek and Waddle and al Minor. Who do you think is getting the single coverage there? It's the rookie. I think he can win against that, especially against cornerbacks two and three. Nobody had more success against Travis Hunter in college football last year. I would take him at forty eight if he's there, because I think he's that good of a player. Obviously, it's kind of a Lexurcy pick because we have other needs. But you know, if you get more picks like that's kind of the range you're looking at with elok Aomnoor, same as Kyle Williams from Washington State cut and paste the rout running stuff. He's the best in the class as a route runner besides maybe Egbuka, but he's better in that department by a little bit, whereas Ale Minor has a better release game. He's also got run away from You speed on screens, which is something that is a run game replacement in the NFL these days. We saw Miami last year pretty much replaced the run game with a screen game. In several games they could not run the football. So rather than hand the ball off, you know, behind the last scrimmage, let's throw out to our receivers and let them try to get yards on the outside with screens, and Kyle Williams can be that guy for you. Tight end Mason Taylor out of LSU. This is about as much about the kid as it is the player. And a lot of people down here know Mason Taylor, and you can't find the remark about him that says anything other than he's a high achiever who doesn't have like you know, doesn't make you aware of the geens that he comes equipped with like you would never just talking to Mason, you would never know that JT is his dad outside of the fact that he looks like him, Like he doesn't. He's not braggadocious about it. He's humble, he's a hard worker. I mean, he's wise beyond his years. He just gets it. You pair that with really good skills and the NFL blood lines, and I mean you want to talk about like just the stories you hear about JT and what he did to get ready to play and how he was as like a competitor, like Mason has that too, and it's such a unique rare.
Speaker 2: That's the same word.
Speaker 1: It's just such a valuable thing to Holster and for Mason Taylor he has that in big way. So I'd be very surprised if Mason as a rookie, even if it's in the second round, if he's not playing starter snaps somewhere very quickly for somebody on the offensive line. Gray's Abel from North Dakota State. I think he's in play at thirteen and that's going to make I think it'll be interesting because I know there's a lot of fans that think like O line or bust every year basically, and for Zabel, I think that he's like the safest player in the entire class. But I think that he might be a guy that is considered a reach at that point, just from the perception of the fan base. I don't even think that's the case, because to me, by far, the best guard is he is what you've been told about Tyler Booker in terms of the fit here for the last couple of months, we've had it on my show, people talking about Tyler Booker, and I just I don't see that fit there for him, Whereas with Gray's Abel, he is exceptional getting out into space. I think he's got the highest floor. To me, he's last year's Graham Barton, the smartest player on the field. He can literally play all five positions, and I would trust him to start at tackle in the NFL. Wouldn't be his best spot, and he could be your center. That's just a rare trait to have for somebody. And his off Heason was as good as anybody the Senior Bowl, the combine everything, he was dominant from day one on. I think he's going to start on someone's offensive line from week one all the way through, and he's healthy he never gets hurt either, so a really good option there if you want to go safe. And then also on the offensive line, Jonas Savina from Arizona. This is a bit of a detour from what I said about Zabel and going back to the rookie quarterback discussion. I think Savina, and I'm saying that name wrong, I think is so physically imposing that he can get by on that at the NFL level right away, which you know, is a kind of what we saw from Jalen Carter as a rookie on the other side of the ball, or maybe even Jordan Davison Philadelphia there or even you know, and he's a here's a mini throwback for you guys what we saw from Solomon Kinley in his rookie season when he was three hundred and thirty five pounds and didn't really know what he was doing, but he was bowling guys over in a power scheme. I think I think more tape kind of exposes the shortcomings there. But with Savina, I mean, you're talking about a guy who is going to be a top fifty pick compared to Kimley, who was in the fourth round that year. I think he's going to be someone that goes off the board sometime early in round two, probably have to be picked forty eight for you, and I would feel pretty good about the claim that he starts in week one wherever he winds up. Let's go over to the other side of the football here and on the defensive line. Ty Leek Williams out of Ohio State is a guy that I have really warmed on recently, and I think our buddy Eric Smith, who does really good work for the three yards per carry crew over there, and he has the podcast with Hasan Btel I did a couple weeks ago. He had a mock draft where he got Jaday and Tyleek Williams back to back, and that would be like a home run one two selection for me. Have you guys watched his tape at all? I mean that's a good question, right but before twenty twenty four. The reason he's on this list and our next player for that matter, is because I think you can drop him into a defense today as your three technique and he can eat up blocks and free up Jordan Brooks to do what he does best. But man, I think there's something more. There is a pass rusher in terms of his profile than what's being led on from the draft community. So his pass rush totals have dipped each year at Ohio State, but not in volume, but because he had twenty pressures this year, twenty two last year ten as a sophom when he got hurt, but twenty one as a freshman. And during that freshman year he had one hundred and fourteen pass rush snaps compared to three twenty one this year and three thirty three last year, So a three hundred percent productivity jump in pass rushing as a freshman. And watching his tape without getting into it, I think it's using it. It's more usage than it is his skills. So very very bullish on Tyleek Williams, and quite frankly, I think he's one of five or six defensive tackles that could start next to Seler next year if they have a good summer. And then I think there's ten or fifteen more guys that could be defensive tackle. Three four rotational guys. And that's why I think you double dip at this spot and get like a either Kenneth Grant or a Tileergue Williams or our next guy, Alfred Collins and you pair them with like a CJ.
Speaker 2: West or a who's the kid from Rucker if he's talked.
Speaker 1: About Kiante Hamilton or you know, you come back and you double dip with somebody else later on the draft and there's a defensive tackle from I could see that happening pretty easily. Speaking of Alfred Collins from Texas, Like, you know, this is a dangerous game to play with rookies, but I think alf would be one of the top twenty or so two gapping defensive tackles in football the moment he's drafted. The power, the heavy hands, the ability to playoff blocks is very very NFL ready might not be on the field on third, medium, and long, but he's going to be a first and second down player who I think can play. He can play, you know, Kalais Campbell STAPs six hundred STAPs as a rookie. In my opinion, cornerbacks Savon Revel from East Carolina, this one might bite me, but I don't think it will. I think you say that because Ravel is the best man cover corner in the class for my money. But this is a zone heavy league, the most frequent man team in football. Last year was the Lions and they ran it a fifty one percent and number two was it like forty four percent. So basically nobody plays more man than zone these days. I think he'd be a great pick for the Lions. It picked twenty eight. So while there may be a learning curve on the zone aspect, if I need a third down cover rep Win, I like Savon Revel better than anybody else in the entire class, and he is coming off in ACL, so maybe he doesn't play right away, but I think that once he gets like fully up to speed, I think he's going to be a starting cornerback for somebody this year. I think the same thing is true of cornerback Jacob Parish from Kansas State, and for the opposite reasons of Revel, he's a feisty, ready to go at all times, like a scrapper. He's the kind of guy that if he sees somebody else from the other crew get in the face of one of his boys, he's up in their face immediately saying like let's go, I'm here to back up my guys, like a ride or die type of player, and I just mean the zero hesitation to his game. I think you can blitz him. I think you can make him the rat in the hole and fit him into the run fit of your defense, and you can trust he's going to do the job from day one. One of my favorite slots in the entire class. And shoot, you might be able to get him at pick ninety eight. And if you went shoot, if you went Will Johnson and then Tyler Williams and Jacob Parrish corner, do you tackle corner? I would not be upset about that at all. Cornerback Darien Porter from Iowa State. This is more of a traits projection with his age four to three flat, ten to eleven broad, ninety fifth percent tile shuttle and three cone and doing that at a ninety nine percent tile height. He's just under six foot three and a seventy seventh percent tile weight. He's one ninety five. He has the fifth best RASS score relative athletics scorecard of any cornerback at the combine over the last thirty seven years. Matt Bowen of ESPN raves about his eyes, his ability to play zone and come up and press and because of that COVID year. He's twenty four years old and has the maturity to match. I think he's going to be a stud. Xavier watch the safety out of Notre Dame. It's weird to call a ballhawk like this a minimal flash player, but I say that with the most complimentary tone, because he's reliable, instinctive, he finds the football, He's a student of the game. He's not one of these marvel character athletes, but he just makes plays. Over two thousand snaps major stage games, a National championship game for one thirteen picks in a career at that position. Pretty crazy production there for Xavier Watts. And then we're getting deeper into the drafter of these two guys. Safety from Marshall. JJ Roberts might be the deepest pull on the entire list, but I recently familiarize myself with his game, and he's just springy, and I get the sense from watching his tape that he is in the film room always. He's a big hitter, big body, big frame, exceptional fundamentals, brings his feet through the tackles, does not drop his head, he wraps up. It's a rare to find a college player that tackles the way this guy does. I think he's a potential option in the fourth round. That could be a possible starter for you right away. Actually, I've got two more safeties. Billy Bowman, junior out of Oklahoma has a center fielder's mentality and he knows the batt orders spray charts. Is that too deep of a cut for a football audience to get. We're baseball heavy today. So played college baseball right and by the time I got to Legion ball in high school, we charted every player we saw. If you weren't in the lineup, you were charting at bats and some of my friends hated charting, and that would shift. We would shift our defense according to those charts that we provided, And if you study the scouting report on the bus ride to the game, you could place yourself without the coach's aid. To me, that's Billy Bowmen. He knows where to align, what keys to trigger, and how to get there. I freaking love his game. And then safety Lathan Ransom from Ohio State. I think when you hit like Ransom does, you're going to be a player, especially as a safety. Just watch his run fit real at Ohio State and the Rose Bowl in particular, and you'll come away from that saying like, say, let's this dude's a baller. He played alongside Caleb Downs, who's going to be safety one next year and a top ten pick possibly, and they were just so well in tune and communicated, and I think that he can bring that to the NFL level as well. I love both their games. I love Leaith and Ransom's games. Plenty of chance to find impact players in this year's draft. We could get four guys off that list. They could be starters, and we could be happy again. All right, go ahead and take our last break right there. Come back on the other side and talk about the thirty visits the Dolphins have had so far per reports. That's next Draft Time podcast, brought to you by out donation. So every single draft season, players from around the NFL draft will descend upon thirty two NFL cities and meet with clubs and brass to just get to know them. But also there could be a little bit of misdirection involved in those I actually saw somebody tweet the other day that one team was looking at thirty visits as only bring in teammates of the guys they were interested in to talk about them from a third party source. So kind of interesting way of doing this. We've seen the Dolphins draft off this list have guys that were there on the board and not draft off this list. So there are I guess, multiple ways to read into it, but ultimately it's just like there's nothing definitive to take from it, ultimately, right. And so these are all per reports players that have been linked to the Dolphins through thirty visits, and some of these are local visits as well. As you it doesn't cost you against the thirty players. You can bring in if you have guys that went to high school or college in your town. And since South Florida is the freaking football mecha of the planet, we have an advantage that way with guys like Mason Taylor, Elijah Royo, Xavier'strepo. You know, if cam Ward wasn't going first in a draft, he would begin that category. Like, you can have these guys visit you because they're from here or they played college ball here. So per report, let's go in order of position once again. Running back Alie Gordon from Oklahoma State, who is the tallest running back I've ever seen him entire life. He's like six foot three, He's strong, he has massive arms, He's built in a lab short gardage, pile mover, tone, center and pass protection could be an option for the Dolphins sometime, maybe on Day three potentially. I don't know what I'll go, but that's about where I think that his his draft range has been has been kind of uh that that's where folks have him. Running Back Jacory Krossky and Mara from Arizona didn't know much about him, but how about this stat? He had the highest max deceleration at the Shrine Bowl since they began tracking that stat. What the hell is that stat?
Speaker 2: Travis?
Speaker 1: You just talked about stats being for nerds earlier. Essentially it measures change of direction. They posted the formula. It's negative seven point twenty nine yards per square second squared. What Yeah, I'm too dump to know what that means. But basically what it means is that his cutbacks are lethal. He's got the best like start stop juice you can find. It's off the chain.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 1: If anybody can tell me where that deep cut is from, I will. I'm not gonna give anything, but I'll be very excited about that. Running Back Damien Martinz from Miami Attitude runner, inside Zone slash duo combo would be a good change up to what you have here. Short yardage, run through your face mask type of player. I am a huge fan of him. On Day three, Kyle Williams Washington State was here for a visit as well. We covered him per reports of course wide receiver Chandler bray Boy from Elon. I gotta be honest with you, guys, I haven't quite gotten to the Elon tape just yet, but.
Speaker 2: He was here.
Speaker 1: Tyler End Mason Taylor covered him from LSU tight end Elijah Arroyo from Miami. He's a seam separator, big play, game changer, vertical threat that could possibly give you a balance to what you have on the outside down the middle. I think there's enough there for him to be a pretty good blocker at the next level. But he's a smooth route runner, quiet hands, just a big time a big body, electric receiving tight end. Defensive tackle Shamar Turner from Texas A and M is a bowl and a China shop. Heavy handed, he messes up things that he touches, does not get engulfed versus double teams in the run. Could be an immediate two down player for you here in Miami. Talked about defensive tackle Alfred Collins from Texas already talked about defensive tackle Keyante Hamilton from Rutgers, who is an explosive, explosive athlete with really good lateral agility and pass rush chops. I could see him being a specialized guy that comes down here with a chance to run all these games and potentially impact the interior of the pocket as a pass rusher. There were some guys in the UDFA class last year that I thought had similar chops. I could see Keyante Hamilton being bat guy for the Dolphins this year on Day three maybe in the UDFA process. Defensive tackles Sebastian Valdez from Washington powerful athlete, also ran a sub five forty at three hundred and ten pounds with thirty four bench press rep, so he is kind of a built in a lab athlete. Cornerback bj Adams from UCF has length and press ability and really good ball skills. He's super thin, but when he gets hands on guys, he can lock him up and coverage. Cornerback Corey Black from Oklahoma State elite athlete. He's six foot tall, four to three five forty thirty nine inch vertical and a four year started there with good ball production and then three safeties. Nick emn Worry from Georgia. We've covered him in depth. He is a what would you call him? I mean he's a fat two Mela fund basically in terms of the athletic profile. Kevin Winston Junior from Penn State, super charged, first step, flies all over the football field. Probably a first round pick. He doesn't get hurt last year, or maybe not because of safety, but he's in that range and then safety. JJ Roberts from Marshall. We covered him, so a good list there, and again it's they Chris Greer has talked about it. The thirty visits line up with it. We'll see if they do it. They've been a team that has kind of been like premium positions over the last several years, and it's a good strategy. And I think that in the first round, if it is a cornerback, you can satisfy a need and get a good player and get the premium spot all locked up, bing bang, boom bomb. But I think there's a chance you can see them kind of, you know, go more towards the meat and potatoes, based upon what they've said, based upon these visits, based upon the roster needs. We shall see it could be a fun draft in a week and hopefully that can kind of get Dolphins fans fired back up again, because I know that folks are a little bit down right now about where you know this offseason, where the team is, but long way to go. We'll see what happens and how it shakes out when things get kicked off here in training camp come July. All right, next time you hear from me, Kyle Krabs and myself are going to be on the show getting ready for a two part draft series for the Dolphins twenty twenty five draft. But until then, you all please be sure to subscribe to the podcast. Leave us a rating, leave.
Speaker 2: Us a review.
Speaker 1: You can follow me on social at winkled NFL and the team at Miami Dolphins. Check out the fish Tank podcast with Seth and Juice, the YouTube channel for Media Availabilities.
Speaker 2: A brand new episode of Dolphins HQ dropped last night.
Speaker 1: You do not want to miss that one good Patrick Paul film breakdown in there. And then last button, not least Miami Dolphins dot com until next time, Finza get on, Cameron Daddy