Speaker 1: At least is the Drive with Dale Lolly and Matt Williamson on your twenty four to seven home of the Black and Gold cast in Steelers Nation Radio.
Speaker 2: And we are back. I am Dale Lolly, he is the Matt Williamson and Matt kicking off our number two here on Wednesday, it is time for a little mock draft it up. Let's mock it up here. We're gonna use the Pro Footballnetwork dot Com simulator today and uh, the first twenty picks are in. We are up at twenty one. We have three trade offers. The Rams are offering pick twenty six in next year's two to come up to twenty one. They're also they also want pick two twenty nine. Okay, because they don't have a second, and I'm not having a second makes it tough. But the Jets are offering forty two, seventy three, one ten and next year second for twenty one and one fifty six.
Speaker 3: Forty two is the first one though. Huh yeah, that's their second run. Okay, next year's two could be yeah, that could be very very valuable.
Speaker 2: And well, the Chargers are offering twenty two and eighty six to come up one spot.
Speaker 3: I always think that's like stealing.
Speaker 2: It is kind of stealing and right, but they offered it. I mean, yeah, obviously there's somebody there that they want to take that they think we might take.
Speaker 3: I'm cool with that, but I'm not cool with then trade down again. Yeah, you know, like I could see that deal if there's somebody that they absolutely don't want to get jumped because they love them. It's our third round pick to him. But I don't think that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Let's go ahead and look and see who they might want to come up and gets Loveland there, or Derek Harmon, John A. Barron, the cornerback out of Texas, Tyler Booker, g Hud Campbell, Josh Simmons, the offensive tackle from Ohio State, Walter Nolan, Nick Scurton, Gray's Abel Kenneth Grant is all is also there.
Speaker 3: They may think.
Speaker 2: Maybe they think we're gonna take Grant and they want Grant, or they.
Speaker 3: Would rather talk. I mean, I'm cool taking that Chargers deal because any of those three are fine. I would rather talk to the Rams, I think at twenty six, okay, I know they don't have a two we able to counter on this count. Yeah, Okay, their next pick is at ninety. Can we get so you would rather twenty six ninety and next year's third not next year second?
Speaker 2: We can try.
Speaker 3: I would prefer to do that. One of those D tackles will be there in five picks. They accepted it, Okay, there you go, Yeah that makes sense. Okay, we're gonna just reject. I'd be shocked if they're trading up for a D tackle.
Speaker 2: So the Chargers wanted the They wanted joh A Barron, which, okay, I could say they might think we would take him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I could see the Rams want did they take They came up to get g Hot Campbell? Okay, okay, which that would make it gotcha? Uh?
Speaker 2: Then James Pierce went, Walter Nolan went, Derek Harmon went.
Speaker 3: Okay, doesn't love that. That's almost worst case scenario. But I still think Grant is fine.
Speaker 2: Kenneth Grant, Omario and Hampton also there. Okay, so you get you get your pick of Amari and Hampton or Kenneth Grant.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean you knew that it was trading down. Wasn't gonna hurt you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but all three of those guys were there.
Speaker 3: So we're we're pretty comfortable, right right, and Hampton, so we're taking Grant agreed, Okay, Kenneth Grant is the pick. Got a little future pick there involved to.
Speaker 2: A future pick.
Speaker 3: We got an extra pick in this draft, but now we gotta wait a bit. Yeah, well, we didn't get an extra pick in this draft. We moved but big time, but we got extra We got a third. We gave up to twenty nine though. Oh okay, okay, we just moved up. Gotcha, gotcha?
Speaker 2: Okay. We are now up at pick eighty three and the top players available Alfred Collins.
Speaker 3: It's a tough one with Grant. That have been easier with Nolan or Harmon. But yeah, boy, that's some beef to put in that room. Jack becch Okay.
Speaker 2: Wide receiver from TCU, Ozzie Tripio offensive tackle from Boston College, Denzel Burke the cornerback from Ohio State, Brett Carter, linebacker from Clemson. Chris Paul, is there a position you want to hit here? Rather than just reading off names?
Speaker 3: Quarterback?
Speaker 2: The quarterbacks available Tyler Shuck, Will Howard, Quinn, Yours, Dylan Gabriel, Riley, Leonard cal McCord.
Speaker 3: I was hoping for Milroe but I would consider shock running back. You're looking at Scatabo. Yeah, Damian Martinez, Olie Gordon, Dylan Samson, R. J. Harvey, Devin Neil. I don't really like what's there overall.
Speaker 2: Wide receiver you're looking at Bett Tez Johnson, Tory Horton from Colorado State, Xavier Estrepo, Savion Williams, ty Felton, Donte Thornton.
Speaker 3: I don't love it. I don't like. I mean, a lot of our favorite players must have gone off the board.
Speaker 2: Let's look at the defensive lineman.
Speaker 3: How about other defensive tackles other than Collin.
Speaker 2: Alfred Collins there, Yeah, Omar Norman Lott from Tennessee, Shamar Turner from Texas A and m diom Walker from Kentucky. Josh Farmer from Florida State.
Speaker 3: I think I'd go Collins. It's very redundant, but they're big, massive, tone setter, talented dudes. It's not our usual build, to say the least. Don't we have another pic here? Real soon?
Speaker 2: We do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, if there's somebody like it, certainly I could be convinced because I could also take Farmer cornerback.
Speaker 2: The cornerbacks you're looking at Burke Dorian Strong from Virginia tech Zia, Alexander Kobe Bryant from Kansas, Jordan Hancock from Ohio State, Quincy Rally from Louisville.
Speaker 3: Man, I'm not I don't have third round on any of these guys.
Speaker 2: I think maybe just take shock.
Speaker 3: I'd be fine with that too, because I think you'll get Farmer or Collins in a couple of picks here, good chance. Yeah right, we may not get shocked, though, I would be shocked. Yeah. I mean even if he's a long term too, it's worth it. It might be intriguing. Yeah, I like it all right, Tyler Shucke, it is okay.
Speaker 2: Now we're up again at ninety and looking at those defensive tackles. Now, well, Schamar Turner is now the top guy because Collins went. Collins went to the Raiders. Farmers still there.
Speaker 3: Farmer is still there though, CJ. West is there is there an offensive.
Speaker 2: Johnny Cornelius from Oregon, Anthony Belton from NC State, Holland Pierce from Rutgers, Logan Brown from Kansas, Chase Lunt from Yukon, Charles Grant from William and.
Speaker 3: Mary Grant's my favorite. But I think i'd go Farmer running back.
Speaker 2: You're looking at Bay Sheell, Tuton, Damian Martinez, Olie Gordon, Dillon Samson, RJ. Harvey.
Speaker 3: That might be next round. Okay, we don't pick again into one twenty three, so mm I think that's early for those backs not loving the build so far. No, well, I get it, and sometimes it goes that way.
Speaker 2: Cure Guards, Dylan Fairchild from Georgia, Jackson Slater from sack State, Garrett Dellinger from LSU, Luke Candra from Cincinnati, Miles Frasier from LSU.
Speaker 3: I think they're more middle later guys too. Yeah, I think Farmers the best player out there. I didn't love the receivers, didn't love the corners.
Speaker 2: Let me look at the edge guys, because some of these edges.
Speaker 3: Are also sometimes they overlap.
Speaker 2: We've got Grant Jordan Birch from Morgan. He's big enough to ride around.
Speaker 3: He's big. Yeah, don't feel real comfortable bumping man.
Speaker 2: Tyler barn from Miami. You know.
Speaker 3: David Walker from Central Arkansas, Antoine Powell Ryland from Virginia Tech. No, Fidel Digs from Syracuse. That's a no.
Speaker 2: Savion Jones.
Speaker 3: Jones is the other one. That's like Birch size. Yeah, it's a projection, but there is talent there. Yeah, I mean he's got the length. I mean, I can't imagine taking him over Farmer though I know they're real difference. But one guy I know what he is. The other one I got to project. Okay, I don't want a problem with that. Yeah, Farmers, I don't like what. I mean. What came off the board was a lot of our favorite dudes.
Speaker 2: Way different rankings. Yeah, yeah, yeah, on different rankings. Okay, we're up at one twenty three and top players available Dean Walker. I'm not sure that save on Williams.
Speaker 3: That's not bad.
Speaker 2: Samel Mondon junior from the linebacker from Georgia, ty Felton, the wide receiver from Maryland. Ronde Gadson tight end from Syracuse. Damian Martinez is back now available.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't have a trigger here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Damian Martinez.
Speaker 3: It is okay. He may have been my favorite one that you listed last time.
Speaker 2: All right, we're up at one fifty six. You know, the best player available is R. J. Harvey from UCF.
Speaker 3: I like Harvey a lot too. Yeah, Harvey and Martinez would be really close to my rankings.
Speaker 2: Then it's J. J. Pageese, the defensive tackle from Ole Miss good to fill there, Devin Neil Riley, Leonard Luke Candra, the guard from Cincinnati, uh Seth McLaughlin. Elijah Roberts there he was just in fact yesterday, the defensive tackle from SMU, Jalen Rivers, the offensive tackle from Miami, Sebastian Castro the safety from Iowa.
Speaker 3: Rivers might be your starting guard next year. It could be, you know, with some tackle capabilities. I wouldn't hate that. He reminds me a lot of Jones from LSU or tackle, but probably guard, but not one only guard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, Zoff Frasier still there, and Utsa Cam Jackson was still there. So, I mean, there are so many, there's so many nose tackles in this draft. It's just crazy. Tim Smith's still there, Jordan James was still there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, running back.
Speaker 2: What are you feeling here?
Speaker 3: Probably Rivers? I think you said Williams a receiver still there? I did round ago that was around that. I don't think we even got that. Yeah, he's gone, he's long gone. He's risen up some of these boards. People finally caught on that he's actually good. Yeah, yeah, yeah, unless there was a receiver or corner that just blew your doors off.
Speaker 2: The river stands out and the offensive lineman still available. Yeah, and you're right, he might be a guard next year. But that's fine, that's kind of fine. That's exactly what you'll go for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: Jalen Rivers, offensive lineman from Miami.
Speaker 3: Is to pick.
Speaker 2: We got one left here. This is one eighty five. Our final pick. Cal McCord still there and we took shut Simmy and Borrow defensive tackle from Miami. Jake Majors the center from Texas. Nick Nash wide receiver San Jose State on the s Peebles, undersized defensive tackle at Virginia Tech. Katon Crawford, safety had in Nevada. Mitchell Evans, a tight end from Notre Dame. Jay Higgins linebacker from Iowa, Cam Jackson.
Speaker 3: If you don't need him, but Crawford's a heck of a tester, athlete and project.
Speaker 2: Jabar Mohammad is there, the cornerback out of Oregon could use a corner. He'd be a slot.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, that's not all bad.
Speaker 2: Little slot man. Jalen Smith, the cornerback out of the USC is there.
Speaker 3: I like him, Yeah, I'd say that might be my favorite corner You mentioned d back, you mentioned do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Jaylen Smith it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one more in the equation would make sense. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And he could play inside, he could play outside, he can do both. Right, Yeah, so okay, some versatility. Let's see how we came out of here. All right, So we traded back to twenty six. We get the Rams third round draft pick next year.
Speaker 3: Don't forget that, right.
Speaker 2: We got Kenneth Grant at twenty six. We took Tyler Shuck at eighty three. You're not saying that's cheating anymore.
Speaker 3: I still think it is. I don't think there's any chance he gets in the eighties. I think he's a going round two.
Speaker 2: We took Josh Farmer at ninety. That was one of the extra picks that we picked up. Damian Martinez at won twenty three, Jalen Rivers, the offensive tackle out of Miami at one fifty six. There you go, there you go, and Jalen Smith, the cornerback at a USC at one eighty five.
Speaker 3: I don't mind the hall we ended up with, but I hated our options every time we were up just the best stuff. Yeah, I mean even the first round pick. It's like Nolan and Harmon went.
Speaker 2: It kind of narrowed our Yeah, our road got narrowed real quick.
Speaker 3: Real quick. I mean again, I don't have many options. Yeah, we didn't have many options at all. It's all of a sudden it was like, well I better take them, you know, we get a lot of value or you know, boy, there's ten guys to pick from here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we came out of this with six picks. We started with six picks. We came out of it with six picks. But we picked up that third round pick.
Speaker 3: Next Let's not forget that. If we had three third round picks next year, right, or even four possibility if Fields places his way into a into a third round competitory pick, wow, first, a second, and multiple multiple thirds.
Speaker 2: Now I would like if I had to trade my first and second this year or next what I'm saying next year, if I trade my one and two and even two of those threes to go get a quarterback. I don't even know if you have to touch next year's one, necessarily.
Speaker 3: Might not because you've so much firepower, right, Yeah, And I don't know what the case will be, but you might trade one of those thirds between now and the opening day. I mean someone's out.
Speaker 2: I mean it probably not, probably not. That woulduld have to be somebody who's really young on it.
Speaker 3: It would have to be like you get the first contractors and you go get car or something like that. Or I don't even think he'd cost you. That would brush you that, No, I mean, but you at least have that option. If there's someone that's unhappy, that's expensive, you could be one of the teams in it.
Speaker 2: More stuff, more stuff, more stuff, more.
Speaker 3: Stuff, right, Yeah? How much fun would be to a mock with four thirds?
Speaker 2: And it's obvious that's the plan for the Steelers.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: People saying that they don't have a plan, I'm going to say this again, the people saying the Steelers don't have a plan haven't been paying attention to what they've done with next year's draft. I know they're not doing that simply because the draft is in Pittsburgh. They're doing that because the plan is to have all these picks available next year to go get your guy.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, I mean it adds up much better, and there's so much cap space that they could fill other deeds before the draft next year. No, I think that the perception of the team and their buying power a year from now will be a lot more clear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know so, well that was our latest mock draft. Like that one is much like last Fridays.
Speaker 3: I remember that that one going whoa, that just fell right into place.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's why it goes sometimes. But that's why you do these things to see. Oh yeah, what happens when you do it this way.
Speaker 3: I mean I would still make the trade with the Rams knowing these are the players on the board, this is the deal in place. Maybe Nolan gets there half the time, or Harmon or whatever. You know. Yeah, I didn't mind taking Grand No, not at all, right, right, not at all.
Speaker 2: That's why you build that twenty one. He was on our twenty one pretty high. Yeah really, anyways, let's get to a break. He is the Matt Williamson. I am Dale Lolly. You're listening to the Drive here on the Steelers Audio Network, Matt and now I'll be back with more right after this.
Speaker 1: At least, he's the Drive with Dale Lolly and Matt Williamson on your twenty four to seven Home of the Black and Golds in Steelers Nation Radio.
Speaker 2: And we are back. I am Dale, Lolli. He is the Williamson and Matt You're part of the draft digest through that puts that publication ten years out something like that, and that just came out this week.
Speaker 3: Behind the scenes. You won't find my name in there anywhere. The only name I see in there is Ross Tucker's the only one who gets any kind of credit. He's the one to set us up with the gigway back when. And hey, you interested doing the shore and he writes, you'll get no credit. As you get you'll get a paycheck. Better paycheck showed up and several copies of the publication showed up the other day.
Speaker 2: So I was paging through it today as we're waiting to do the show, and they have some lists here. People love lists, but these ones are kind of germane to the conversation as we get closer to the draft.
Speaker 3: I didn't write any lists, so these aren't me.
Speaker 2: They haven't broken down. And here we'll do the first one. Here, ten prospects who are underrated by the media. Okay, now that's the here's the That's the thing when you when you start looking at.
Speaker 3: Now we'll pull back the curtain. I assume whoever did these lists turn these in whenever I turned my team needs into and that was several weeks ago. The world's changing.
Speaker 2: The world has changed, but not to the degree with that some of these guys aren't still underrated by the draft prognosticators, the mel Kiper's and you know we do all the mock stuff and we talk about players we feel are underrated.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, never one has their list right, happens all the time. So here's their list. Andrew mccooba, the safety out of Clemson.
Speaker 3: I can see that does a lot and just.
Speaker 2: Not real big, but he's I mean he's rated down around the hundreds somewhere in that rage.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he will played a game that should stick in the league. I mean, I don't think these people are saying is Troy Paul maler No.
Speaker 2: Benjamin Morrison, the cornerback at a Notre Dame.
Speaker 3: I Underson agree. I think he's would be absolutely firmly in my top five if it's not for the hip. He just hadn't done anything and he's got the hit the right I mean, the medicals are going to be huge for him from two years ago was quite good.
Speaker 2: I can remember watching Notre Dame two years ago and I was looking at their one cornerback because he was draft eligible. And I'm watching him.
Speaker 3: And yeah, he was another tall, long dude. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Michael Birch, who's the Steelers assistant PR director, used to be the PR working prt Notre Dame. Oh okay, And I'm watching this and I'm going, who's that dude?
Speaker 3: Who's the other guy? Yeah?
Speaker 2: And I asked Michael, but oh, he's He's like he'll be eligible next year.
Speaker 3: I'm like, guy, he did a number on Marvin Harrison Junior. I mean, yeah, I do think he's underrated. I don't know anything about medicine, but I guess hips aren't as bad as they used to be. But this is his second one, the other side one of them. It's a laborhm tear in the hip, which I don't know what that means. I know its a laborm tear in the shoulder. Feels like I have one. I had surgery on it that was not fun. I mean, laborams are in the body. I think there's the one that need it wasn't Yeah, joints, it's a joint thing. Okay, I would immediately thought, though all the hip turn the corners do that. That's a terrible injury. And if he had one before, is this a recurring thing or But I don't. I mean, that's don't take my word of it.
Speaker 2: That's what caused Tony Boselli to retire. He had a labor surgery that they did they screwed up. Yeah, yeah, and he didn't have the extension on his arm that he used to and he couldn't play anything.
Speaker 3: That was the end of it. No, but I agree with Morrison being underrated. If he's clean, he's number one corner.
Speaker 2: H Kyle Williams, a wide receiver out of Washington State.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think he's been painfully pay rated the entire process.
Speaker 3: Some people seem to realize that he's probably going to catch a Day two, and I think he will.
Speaker 2: He's got size, he's got speed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's good route runner. He's a good player.
Speaker 2: Quarterback Max Brosmer from Minnesota.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can see that. I mean everyone just kind of throws him in as a maybe draft of the seven round pick. I think he has a game that could stick in the league.
Speaker 2: Offensive lineman Tate Ratledge from Georgia. I don't have him underrated. I don't know my top five is a guard.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think he's a really good player.
Speaker 3: I think he was number five for me too. Yeah. I like both of the Georgia gardens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're good players, and I get it there. Maybe they're being maybe they're being looked at his fourth late third, fourth round guys, and maybe they're gonna be third round guys, you know, in at the end of the second round, they're gonna be starting guards in the league.
Speaker 3: This happens at Bama, this happens at Georgia, Like George is gonna have four offensive linemen drafted. Just none of them are easy slam dunk for a round picks, you know, like, you know, they all can play. They all can play. The level competition is strong. You know, they're all athletes, they're all specimens, they're all you know, they're not hyped up like Broderick Jones or Mims. You know, they don't look like freaks of nature. But they're good, no doubt. Kyle mcgonagh, guy, No, we brought him up in a similar manner. Again. Could he have a Pacheco like career? Sure? Yeah, Yeah, I think he could be a low end one and if he gets the opportunity or somebody.
Speaker 2: Gets hurt going.
Speaker 3: Starter and gets a bunch of yards, like right right, he runs hard. Uh.
Speaker 2: Defensive Backtorian Strong from Virginia Tech.
Speaker 3: I agree, he's got a weight speed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, great guy. Charles Grant from William and Mary, the offensive lineman, talked about him a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a lot of people have said, like, Matt, you go quick drafting this guy. I mean, I'm like, he's.
Speaker 2: Always available, like the same thing with like Ty Robinson, every like we get to these late rounds, like was available again in the late rounds. Yeah, yeah, when we met it, but we'd already taken to two defensive linemen. I'm like, I'm not taking I'm not even gonna mention him here.
Speaker 3: I mean, Grant such a good athlete. You think they'll know some some things about William and Mary, I mean in general, and I put some credence in this, but uh, just yesterday Pro Football Focus put their O line superlatives, you know, and they listed these are the best protectors, these are the best inside zone blockers, best outside zone blockers. He was number one on outside zone. Now have a big deal he's blocking William and Mary opponents, and I would love to see him as Stenier Bowl. But that's why he's not going around one or two, you know. I mean, that's why it's even in the conversation.
Speaker 2: Wide receiver Kannada Mumfield from Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you would think I know more about him being a pit guy, but I've heard that name more and more of the last month. That good in space, good chance, you know, change direction. He must have done well with Their pro was really good. Okay, I didn't see the numbers, but just because all of a sudden, his name keeps popping up and I know the prote has happened.
Speaker 2: And then linebacker Kobe King from Penn.
Speaker 3: State, another guy I don't know enough about. Penn State's got some interesting dudes, though, I like both their safeties. You know, King's a name that's going to get drafted for sure.
Speaker 2: You know ten prospects who are overrated by the media. Walter Nolan from Ole Miss I don't agree. I don't agree with that either, No, Prince you from ole.
Speaker 3: Miss I can see that he's kind of a higher mercenary pass rush own league guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Jackson Dart from.
Speaker 3: Ole messsif I'm seeing a trend here. Yeah, Pegee Ole, miss but the coroner amos and the wide receiver.
Speaker 2: And right, I do think Jackson Dart is being overrated.
Speaker 3: The Mississippi State guy write this or something. Maybe somebody hates Lane Kiffin on it. Right, No, I'm not big on Dart either. He would probably be on my left.
Speaker 2: I mean I think he's he's his second round talent that's being talked about as a first round pick.
Speaker 3: And right, I don't see special traits either.
Speaker 2: Tight End Harold Fannin from Bowling Green.
Speaker 3: I couldn't agree more on that. Yeah, he's a lot of manufacturer like Yeah, a lot of manufacturer touches, very straight line ish. He doesn't like come out of his brakes real well.
Speaker 2: Defensive lineman Kenneth Grant from Michigan.
Speaker 3: I mean, if I had to make that argument, it would be his buddy got most of the double teams and he benefited from a situation. But I think the tools are crazy. Linebacker Danny Stutsman from Oklahoma.
Speaker 2: Made a lot of plays.
Speaker 3: He made a lot of plays. I mean in my initial linebacker ranks, I think he was number five. Yeah, I could be convinced he's eight. I mean I don't feel strong about him. Right.
Speaker 2: Wide receiver Matthew Golden from Texas.
Speaker 3: Maybe if we're just talking about like, boy, he's clearly the best receiver in the draft, and he's awesome, he wouldn't be the best river most drafts, right, I mean I like him a lot, but he's not Jamar Chase. I mean, he's not neighbors, you know. I mean, so that way, maybe he's overrated for wide receiver ones.
Speaker 2: Running back Quinn Shawn Judkins from Ohio State who used to be at Ole Miss a good point.
Speaker 3: There might be something going on here. Yeah. I did not write this list, nor do I have a bias against old Miss. I mean, Judkins is fine. I don't think he plays quite as fast as he tied. I don't think so either. Yeah, the time, the time that he ran was kind of surprising. Shocked me. Yeah, I saw him get caught a few times. It was late in the year and they were played one hundred games. He was a little worn down.
Speaker 2: But quarterback Tyler Shuck from Louisville.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna agree with in that one.
Speaker 2: And edge rusher Jack Sawyer from Ohio State.
Speaker 3: I think that's the best one ever. Yeah, I think he is massively overrated. I can't imagine team using this. I can run pick off the ten combine workout Warriors. Nick Emuari safety from South Carolina. Offensive tackle arm On Membo from Missouri. I say Membo would be the old lineman that stood out the most.
Speaker 2: Edge rusher Shamar Stewart from Texas, A and M these.
Speaker 3: Are no brainers, yeah, but need to be repeated.
Speaker 2: Defensive lineman Ty Robinson from Nebraska.
Speaker 3: That one was the most surprising of the group.
Speaker 2: I was, Yeah, I was surprised that he ran and did everything as well as he did really well, Yeah, because he was productive too. Defensive back Darian Porter from Iowa State.
Speaker 3: He's almost like AI in terms of rare stuff.
Speaker 2: Offensive lineman Jared Wilson from Georgia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he kind of showed up. We mentioned this Georgia O linman.
Speaker 2: Wide receiver Matthew Golden from Texas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he doesn't play like a four two flying right, that's Tyreek stuff, you know.
Speaker 2: Wide receiver Jalen Noel from Iowa. It's a really good showing. Yeah, and all you know, change right everything. Baseielle Tooting the running back from Virginia Tech.
Speaker 3: It wasn't surprising, but it was a great showing. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then, uh, tight end Thomas Fedon from Nebraska.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, he had a good showing too, mid round guy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The ten safest players outside of Round one, Okay. Wide receiver Jaden Higgins from Iowa State. Okay, I mean he's a pretty safe prospect. Yeah, he does a lot of good stuff.
Speaker 3: I heard something just recently that he had an unbelievable announce amount of defensive pass interference calls against him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally, yet I can see it right right. Safety Andrew mccoobaugh from Clemson.
Speaker 3: I could see that too. We brought him up just recently.
Speaker 2: Tight End Mason Taylor from l s U.
Speaker 3: I think that's some of these. You know, Dad was a Hall of Famer and better on the game.
Speaker 2: Uncle's a Hall of Fame, right right, right, I mean.
Speaker 3: That's you're not gonna be overwhelmed by the league.
Speaker 2: Cornerback Quincy Riley from Louisville, Okay, I think he's gonna.
Speaker 3: Follow him in that lot, but I'd gladly take him in fourth, So I think that's when i'd start considering. I'm very happy in the fifth. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Quarterback col McCord from Syracuse.
Speaker 3: I don't know about that. He might throw a million picks and I don't know if he's safe. Safe, but it's not the word I would use.
Speaker 2: Wide receiver Jack Beck from TCU.
Speaker 3: I agree with that.
Speaker 2: He's gonna make plays. He might never be a star, but he's gonna make plays.
Speaker 3: I mean, like in a perfect NFL system, he's your third best pass catcher. Yeah, and that's great. That's great.
Speaker 2: Safety Rayon Lane from Navy. He's a really good I mean he's a good athlete.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Mcgonaugh guy okay from Rutgers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean really plays hard.
Speaker 2: Offensive lineman Jalen Rivers from Miami snagged him.
Speaker 3: Okay, maybe that's a wealth. He's not a tackle, he's guard. He's gonna be some being useful for you somewhere.
Speaker 2: Linebacker Jay Higgins from Iowa, Okay. Solid ten riskiest players in the top fifty. Quarterback Jaylen Milroe Alabama, sure.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. Defensive lineman Walter Nolan from Ole, Miss Okay. I mean, if you're worried about off the fielder character or whatever.
Speaker 2: Edge rusher James Pierce from Tennessee.
Speaker 3: I agree with that. Yeah, he doesn't really play the run and he's quite thin.
Speaker 2: Wide receiver Saveon Williams from TCU. I haven't seen anybody that has him in the top fifty.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I say something. I'm not sure Millroe goes in the top fifty. I'm not sure Williams goes in the top fifty. Williams doesn't really have a home.
Speaker 2: Linebacker Carson sweahing Hear from UCLA.
Speaker 3: I don't think that one's risky really one year production, there's only one year that's one hundred per century.
Speaker 2: Edge rusher Shamar Stewart from Texas A.
Speaker 3: And M no doubt, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, defensive back Chavon Ravel from East Carolina.
Speaker 3: Just don't know enough. Yeah, and makes them risky for.
Speaker 2: An A c L. You don't know what he's right.
Speaker 3: Kenneth Grant and his games are against really bad teams. When there's a Kenneth Granted defensive lineman from Michigan, I guess I don't know how he could really bust out though, I mean it's not like his efforts bad or you know, going to eat himself out of league.
Speaker 2: Safety Nick m Uary from South Carolina for where.
Speaker 3: You pick him. I get it. I get that. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then Benjamin Morrison from Notre Dame based on the injury stuff.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: Finally, the ten most versatile players, Okay, Jalen Walker from Georgia, the linebacker, Saveon Williams, wide receiver from TCUA.
Speaker 3: Do a lot of different stuff with Yeah. Malachi Starks, the safety out of Georgia. Not just a free or anything, right, Jalen River, Okay.
Speaker 2: Offensive lineman from Miami.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he might be a tackle.
Speaker 2: Nick Amuari from South Carolina.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he does linebacker stuff and all that.
Speaker 2: Offensive lineman Donovan Jackson from Ohio State.
Speaker 3: They showed you could play left tackle for the Buckeyes or something.
Speaker 1: That.
Speaker 2: Lequin Allen he running back out of Syracuse.
Speaker 3: Phenomenal receiver.
Speaker 2: He might be a slot.
Speaker 3: He might be a slot to say, a returner.
Speaker 2: Tight end Tyler Warren Penn State.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he throws passes that using line them up all over line of scrimmage. I mean he's he's definitely versatile. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Defensive back Jacob Parrish from k State not just a slot. Yeah, he can play outside. He's tiny, he's.
Speaker 3: Small, but he's fighty and does it pretty well. Yeah. I wouldn't want to do it every snap.
Speaker 2: Santas Drill showed last year that you can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you can get away with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And edge rusher Olami Oladish old Dejo, I should say from UCLA. Some of these linebacker turned edges are on that list. I mean Walker. Yeah, it doesn't mean I wanted to play a linebacker in the league though, Yeah, I hear you. I definitely have a Baron on that list too, right.
Speaker 2: Anyways, that's the list there from some of the lists from the Draft Digest. You can check that out. Matt, that participated in that, even though my favorite part.
Speaker 3: About it is the draft diddies on each team. But I just go to Draft history and I stare at them and I find trends. I come up with thirty two. They're fun.
Speaker 2: Anyways, let's get to a break. He is the Matt Williamson. I am Dale Lolly. You're listening to the Drive here on the Steelers Audio Network. We'll be back with more right after this.
Speaker 1: In the least, He's the Drive with Dale Lolly and Matt Williamson on your twenty four to seven home of the Black and Gold Steelers Nation Radio.
Speaker 2: And we are back I'm Dale LOLLI. He is the Matt Williamson and Matt ESPN's Ben Sollock has put together a thing here where twenty twenty five quarterback mock draft the team fits through seven.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I did scan this.
Speaker 2: I have not looked at it yet, but I am interested here.
Speaker 3: Obviously, he's just kind of putting landing spots in what round it would make sense and where they all end up when it's all said and done. He has cam Word at number one overall. I think that's slam done done.
Speaker 2: Pencil that in.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: He has Shadre Sanders going third to the Giants.
Speaker 3: I would I would not consider it, but I would consider it more if I were them, if I only had Carter to pick from and not Hunter. But I still don't see it happening.
Speaker 2: I think I'm if Carter were clean right now, I'm taking Carter.
Speaker 3: Over Sanders you're talking about Yeah, me too, me too.
Speaker 2: But I could see where picking at three, they'd be like, all right, we're gonna take Sanders. Now we get an early second round pick. We'll get an edge press there. I don't think they need it. I don't even need it.
Speaker 3: And that's the thing. It's like that's why I was saying, if it's.
Speaker 2: Hunter here, you just take Hunter, and.
Speaker 3: If he only plays one way for you, he helps somewhere, Yeah, you know where.
Speaker 2: Because you're kind of a no man's land here like the other one.
Speaker 3: That trade Thibodeau. Not really, I just traded for Burns.
Speaker 2: I may take Mason Graham No, probably no, right, I.
Speaker 3: Mean their d tackles aren't bad either, you know. I mean, if there was a there's Joe Alt sitting there, I'll take him. But quarterbacks of the need, yeah, don't. They don't need a left tackle, right, Yeah, I mean Membos probably won't be the pick.
Speaker 2: So in that situation, Sanders makes sense at three.
Speaker 3: As bad as they are, there are not a million holes on the team either. Yeah, I mean, they're just a bad quarterback.
Speaker 2: Play round two, picked number thirty three, Jackson dart to the Browns And.
Speaker 3: He's not like projecting trades or any of that stuff.
Speaker 2: Right, He's just saying this is where they should go.
Speaker 3: Like I bet a Browns fans, which probably don't have a whole lot of them listening at the moment, would gladly say I'll trade my first two picks for Hunter and Dart. I'm not a Dart fan, but I could see where I bet the organization would do it. Right now, I think so, you know, yeah, I mean if you asked the GM, would you give me your first two picks for Darton Hunter? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, with no moving around, but no moving around, don't do a thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Round two, pick fifty two, which used to be the Steelers pick Tyler Schuck from Louis Voge Seattle.
Speaker 3: Makes sense. I mean, his age sometimes makes me wonder what teams would it would matter in Seattle, wouldn't matter at all? Is he the same age as I'd say that probably about the same age, right right? He might be better in a year, who knows. Yeah, I think that's a great spot. Round three, pick eighty three, Steelers pick Jaln Milroe. I mean on that, I mean that he's perfectly happy taking him at eighty three, absolutely, I mean, deep down, I don't think he'll get there. We talked about him a ton yesterday and made some waves. Don't get me wrong, but the fact that he was invited to the draft. Willis and Corral were invited to the draft too, right, I mean, quarterbacks different are different, They're different it doesn't mean he's definitely going in the first round.
Speaker 2: No, definitely not. I said, like they put out their thirty invitations or however many they give out, and twelve guys said.
Speaker 3: Yes, right right, Well he's a big name, dude.
Speaker 2: They want people in that green room.
Speaker 3: They want Alabama's quarter and they want eyes.
Speaker 2: On the TV, and the quarterback to get the eyes, you invite the quarterbacks even if they're not first round guys might not even be a second round guy.
Speaker 3: Like we didn't think Willis would fall as far as he did right before the draft, but he was not guaranteed the first round pick either, let alone Corral.
Speaker 2: If the draft were to fall this way, if it were one three top picks, those four guys are off the board. We've now taken those four quarterback needy teams out of the equation. I could see Milroe sliding a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, then who else is in? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Who are the next?
Speaker 3: I mean, Browns and Giants are out of the mix. Tennessee's obviously out of the mix.
Speaker 2: Would New Orleans take one?
Speaker 3: Maybe? Well, Colen Moore came from the Eagles. He could definitely see some Jalen Hurts there, so maybe that would be one. I can't imagine McVeigh would want him. Yeah, I just don't think that's what he wants. Yeah, I mean because he's a certain type. Yeah, so who would They don't have any between there. That's the thing too, right, they get their first round pick and then nothing until the night. I guess they wouldn't even have a show.
Speaker 2: They would have to trade up. Yeah, they don't have the picks to do that.
Speaker 3: I bet we come with a team more two.
Speaker 2: So if the draft were to fall this way, I could see that happen.
Speaker 3: If those four quarterback needy teams all that.
Speaker 2: One yeah, yeah, uh, then you're looking at round four, pick one, thirty one, the Saints taking Calum McCord.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean they could kind of just look at it with Rattler and say, I hope on these two is and they still got a quarterback there. Yeah, they still got Car Car he could learn from. He's kind of like Car. He's more of a risk. Yeah yeah, yeah, but that's fine value too. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Round six, pick one eight seven, the Vikings take Will Howard.
Speaker 3: Hmm. I don't know if i'd want two puppies in the room together. I'd rather have a veteran better on the block backup. But yeah, if you look at him as a backup, I would have given him the Raiders with Chip Kelly.
Speaker 2: Round six, pick one, the Rams take Riley Leonard.
Speaker 3: I don't think he throws it as well as McVeigh once, but I think that's about the neighborhood Leonard goes and I think he's getting he's filling the ball better. Then people give him credit for that. He's okay.
Speaker 2: I thought he looked good at the combine throat.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Round six, picked two eleven, the Dallas Cowboys take Quin Yours.
Speaker 3: I wonder they wouldn't after trading for Milton now though probably not. I mean we're talking about six and seventh round pick.
Speaker 2: Seventh round pick, and you know, does Milton yeah, is he guaranteed?
Speaker 3: Not like they gave up the farm for Milton. Uh.
Speaker 2: Then you're looking at three intriguing undrafted free agent fits. He has Hunter Deckers from Iowa Western going to the Dolphins.
Speaker 3: I've heard the name, and I know nothing about the guy, but I've heard a couple of people, right, I've heard a couple people say this dude's okay. Where they have him go to the Dolphins. Okay, if he's that type.
Speaker 2: Dylan Gabriel who goes undrafted goes to the Commanders.
Speaker 3: Okay, he gets linked to the Dolphins a lot, just style.
Speaker 2: They're both lefties.
Speaker 3: Well they're both quick processors too, but they're also a little lefties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Detroit takes a chance on Curtis Rourke from Indiana. Right, they've already done that.
Speaker 3: It's kind of the hooker hooker, right, right, just send him, send him a year and see what happens. And Golf's not young, he's not. Yeah, they have a lot invested in them, but they're not looking. They're undrafted free agents. They don't think that's gonna take you the super not.
Speaker 2: Going to move the needle, all right, right, but interesting if if Rourke doesn't get drafted, Oh I'd be all over him.
Speaker 3: But he's not going to do anything for you. And I know, I know you're just going to eat him for a year, him for a year. You have to carry that carry.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's tough. Undrafted you don't necessarily have him for four years either, right, you know that's tough. It is tough. But I'd like to get my hands on him, but boy, it's gonna be tough to do anything with him for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Milroe at eighty three is I'd be very intrigued with how you're talking. I'm not. And a lot of people were with me on the message board on this, Matt. They're not in on your trading up to get Milroe.
Speaker 3: I'm just crossing my mind, you know. I mean you think about yeah, yeah, yeah, you think about all kinds of stuff this time year.
Speaker 2: Try to run this this scenario through your head. The one thing we didn't do is I didn't sit here and say, oh, Match, you're an idiot.
Speaker 3: That's stupid. That makes no sense at all. Right, Like, if you think he could be the man, not just a guy, the man, we talk as possible because how can I make that happen.
Speaker 2: We're adults. Things we don't just immediately jump off the handles. Oh it's stupid.
Speaker 3: My my favorite one. Since I've been on this mill Road kick for the last three or four days. There's no way Tom and his staff could develop him. They can't develop quarterbacks based on what as to say, because Picket isn't the superstar. I mean, like, what are we going off of here? Yeah, I don't get it. I don't either, But you know that's a rap jack some.
Speaker 2: Of the narratives that get put out there. Steelers can't develop a quarterback. Mike Toom has never done it, Ben Roethlis, it's not even the same guys in on the coaching staff, right right, right, Like the guys on the coaching staff have all changed.
Speaker 3: They've only used one pick in the first two rounds on a quarterback. And it'd be different if it's the Bears.
Speaker 2: You got a different Yeah, you get a different quarterback coaching here. You've got a different offensive coordinator than what you have when you drafted Kenny Pickett than what you have when you drafted Mason Rudolph Mason, and Mason Rudolf was a third round pick. Yeah, and he's developed fine for a third round pick. Your people want to start him, but they haven't developed.
Speaker 3: You're oer for one. It'd be like if Tony Gwynn grounds out the shortstop as first a bat that guys never yeah, yeah, right, terrible right, no chance.
Speaker 2: No chance at all.
Speaker 3: I don't get it.
Speaker 2: Anyways, that's going to do it for today's show. So for my partner, Matt Williamson, for Justin Miller here on site running the Justin Miller hotline and making sure the sound sounds good. And for Tyler Viittmeyer making sure that our video gets up onto YouTube. Give us a thumbs up there. You can watch the show there. You can also hear us every day from four to six pm on these very airwaves. You can also download the Steelers mobile app get the show downloaded directly to your phone. In that way. I am Dale, Lolly. We thank you for listening to this edition of the Drive on the Steelers Audio Network.