Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: Student lowls is actually the second biggest debt most The biggest death for an average person is the mortgage.
Speaker 4: The second biggest debt is student.
Speaker 5: Loan one point six trillion, and it's crazy because trily.
Speaker 4: So we're giving away some money for our high school.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes we have.
Speaker 5: We're giving away scholarships to five students. We give it away just because we wanted to do something that was impactful. Let me tell a story about scholars So here's the thing we're giving it. We give it away. I'll just keep it brief.
Speaker 4: We give away. We're giving away five thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: We did it last year.
Speaker 3: And to receive the money, students they had to write and you know, write an essay about why they should get the money.
Speaker 5: No, so they had to It was just like a future business plan, not even like an idea, not even a plan. I shouldn't say plan, a future business idea. What would you do with the thousand?
Speaker 4: It was relatively easy, simple, Yeah.
Speaker 5: How many essays do you think? We are? Four? How many?
Speaker 6: Four?
Speaker 5: You overshot it by fifty percent.
Speaker 6: Wow, there was only chat GPT back then.
Speaker 5: So I don't think it was that many that we got two too, We got two two, So we upted this year. We said, look we're gonna do it. We're gonna open it up for five students. Five students to date, how many think essays you think.
Speaker 6: We got I've been on due lingo setto man, I.
Speaker 4: Have not got one yet, haven't got one. Here's the crazy thing about it. All you gotta do is right to stay.
Speaker 3: You gotta get money and the GPT one of two things that it's not happening.
Speaker 4: Maybe it's not marketing correctly. That could be our fault.
Speaker 5: Possibly, or.
Speaker 3: It's just a complete lack of motivation for and this is like, this goes back to the dead thing. I would rather just take out student long because I don't have to do anything, pull out some paperwork, take out so long. I got to actually sit down and write an essay four thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: I mean there's there's negligence, right, there's negligence from the student part. There's next legits from an administrative part as well. Right, so the kid if the kids don't know about it, then they won't know to do it. That's one part of it, right. But there are kids who do know about it and are choosing not to do it, and there's parents who know about it and are doing nothing.
Speaker 4: Well, you have not received one essay yet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and that's just for our high school, Woodlands High School here and was in Heartsdale, New York, Henry. But I'm saying because people are like, how do I get the thousand? It was for our high school. So if you're a senior at Woodlands High School, right, if you're in Greenberg, you're in Haartsteale and you go to Woodlands and your senior this is for you.
Speaker 3: But like I said, this goes back to a wider issue.
Speaker 4: What's the point. What's the point?
Speaker 3: What's the point of what writing an essay when I could just borrow money. It's a mentality that we've been ingrained to think to do the least amount of power. We want to do the least amount and get the most.
Speaker 7: Okay, Now, if we can be honest, who put that into our society? Because we have to have a bigger and I keep trying to have the conversation. I don't want to run any relationships. We have to go to the top of the banks and with the venture capital first, cool pushing.
Speaker 5: This it's a business first.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean but no, no, for sure.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying it's just the mentality that we have been ingrained and to do the least to get the most.
Speaker 4: We want to do the least amount to get.
Speaker 5: The most partly true right, because there's people and I've been in that boat right where it was like my parents were I guess we were middle class, and it was like you got to fill out you can't even get studlon. You gotta fill out financial aid first, and then you don't qualify financial aid if you make a certain amount, and then you got to get student loan because you can't get it right. So if my parents in middle class, we're not getting any financial aid right. So like I remember I got to check for thirty six dollars for financial aid? What am I doing with that? So now it's like if my parents don't have it and I don't have it.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing, here's the thing. Here's a novel.
Speaker 3: Idea is this is the harsh reality of life. If you can't afford to buy something, don't by it. That includes college, that includes college, that includes college. This is something that I'm probably gonna get a lot of pushback here when you get a rebuttals, I'm gonna get a lot of pushback for I'm not saying don't go to college. I'm saying go to where you can afford. Everybody can afford community college that's almost free. Now, that's almost free. So my thing is this, right, instead of you trying to take out a bunch of student loan to go to out of state school, whether it's the HBCU school, whether it's whatever. If you, if you financially can't afford to go to school, and your parents know that, why don't you encourage your kid or tell your kid, Look, you go to junior college for two years, right, which essentially, even if you have to work part time.
Speaker 4: You could pay for junior college. It's very affordable.
Speaker 3: So now you get to you get to have an associate's degree right under your belt, and if you do well enough, now you can potentially get a scholarship based off of past performance. Or even if you have to pay, you can still go to a state school to finish out your bachelor's degree. But paying for two years is a lot more beneficial for paying for four years. Right, That's something that would substantially decrease the student loan crisis in this country. So some self accountability.
Speaker 6: Has to be a guy's advocate real quick.
Speaker 4: It definitely decreased the student loone crisis for sure.
Speaker 7: Well sure, if master's degrees are not affording people to live or get a wage that is fair, that is commensurate to what they've invested.
Speaker 6: Then how is getting an associated degree better person?
Speaker 3: Well, that's not what master's degrees are. What master's degree you're getting is the key. So this goes back to another situation as far as education, what are you majoring in?
Speaker 4: Right, So we know that.
Speaker 3: Social sciences, communications a lot of these degrees.
Speaker 4: Doesn't matter if you have a.
Speaker 3: Doctorate degree, you're still facing an uphill battle. But just put it on Instagram a few days ago. The top ten professions as far as how much you get paid are all medical professions. So medical profession stim is still making money in medical field, architecture. If you're going to be a doctor, if you're going to be a lawyer, there's still a higher You still are going to outpace the average American as far as amount of money that you're going to make. So it's not necessarily that master's degree is not earning money. It's what kind of master's degree that you have that's not earning money. If you have a master's degree in sociology, it's going to still be difficult for you, be honest.
Speaker 7: Even though it's in the medical field that they also have the highest debt burden as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they have the highest and the amount of time that it takes to achieved that well, I'm just.
Speaker 3: Using that as an example. So there are when you have to think of, Okay, what's going to put me in a best situation possible to make money?
Speaker 4: If it's all about mitigating risk.
Speaker 3: If you want to go to college, but you don't have to go to college, but if you want to go to college, there's no guarantee that you're going to be successful either way, but you put yourself in the best position as possible. The best position is to make sure that you have as least debt as possible, right, and then you're in a better place. It's still not a guarantee that you're gonna win, but you're in a better place as opposed to just winging it and just getting eighty thousand dollars a debt off the rip and now you're in a worst place.
Speaker 5: But that goes back to and that's now we can speak of it now, right, And that was pretty much my strategy was like, look, I'm gonna stay close to home and find the most affordable school. I'm gonna try to have at least debt that is going to put on my parents, which is eventually going to turn on me because they're going to be co signers. So that was the plan. The difference now is that, well then was that there wasn't any education behind it. So like when you have the first person that's going to school and this is the American dream, right like all you especially like first generation kids, it's like you've got to go to college because that's how you're going to be successful. But it all comes down to it is it is money, right, Like you got to think about the return on the investment. So if I'm going here, I have to finish. Most kids go and they're like, I don't want to do this anymore. But at that point you're already in debt. You almost have to finish. I spoke to Assuming the other day, she's studying in PT She's like, I don't even want to do this anymore. Well, you're five years in. Guess what you gotta have to finish to finish because if you don't, you can't afford to start over. And if you do, you're going to start at a base out that's going to at least provide you with a salary in some profession, and so we got to it. I'll say this, right, because I went to school, I was educated. I'd be as kind as possible. Right. If money is the root of the decision, then we have to find different ways to get to the money. Whether it's finding a trade, whether it's finding a skill. Some of these professions you have to go through.
Speaker 4: So what do you mean if money's have ordered the decision?
Speaker 6: So why we want going to college?
Speaker 4: Because I want to make more money? That's the move of it, right, but not uncertain?
Speaker 5: Well, then why are we going ninety I would say more than ninety percent? Right?
Speaker 4: If I didn't have.
Speaker 6: To go, that's black It's one hundred percent yes.
Speaker 5: Right right, it was like, Yo, that's the way to at a quote unquote, accumulate wealth or be successful quote unquote. Right, if I didn't have to go, if there was another route, if there was an earlier leisure in two thousand and six, bro, I might not be going to grad school.
Speaker 4: So you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So like the education and the resources have changed, I think, hold, let me finish where where people can make wiser decisions, so that traggy you're talking about, like, yes, go to community college, to your school, find another affordable school. But even after you find that associate's degree, you still may not have or be in a position where your parents can afford it. So you're still going to be in some form of debt. You want to mitigate it as right. You want to mitigate the risk as much as possible, But there's still going to be a certain amount of debt that's going to be accumulated. It's just about how much you're going to accumulate. But you're doing that because you want to you again, make money. It's like when I'm a teacher, in order for me to make more money, I got to go back to school to get more credits. Well I'm not even learning anything. Earners, what's up. You ever walk into a small business and everything just works, Like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless, whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live a more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homesity.
Speaker 5: I'm just going to get credit so I can make more money. If the goal is to learn, then there has to be a different incentive. Right If people are plus thirty or the plus sixty, or they have their doctorate, they're doing that. That in that perfect especially in education, because they're like, that's where the highest salary is at.
Speaker 4: There's the thing. There's alternatives.
Speaker 3: And I don't want to harp on this situation for too long, but it's important when you are in the pursuit of education. As far as a degree from college, there's ways to go about it that might take longer, that might not be as glamorous, but can eliminate a lot of debt. You can work while you're going to school. You can stay home, you can go to community college. You can take six years to get a four year degree.
Speaker 4: These are things that you can that you can do.
Speaker 5: Right, So I like to all those except the six year.
Speaker 3: Why Because when I'm saying six years, I mean you're taking you're taking time you might not have all day. My mom worked while she went to school, right, so she didn't have the like I didn't. I just went to school, so she didn't have the option to go to school from ten o'clock in the morning to four o'clock.
Speaker 4: She might have had two hours.
Speaker 3: Right, So I'm saying like, instead of twelve thirteen credits, you might just take six credits a semester.
Speaker 5: That's why I'm saying six years. And here's my opposition to it, because I am that person. Right, Like, I worked and I went to school, and what happened when I was trying to get into the workforce. It was like, all right, the people that I had been in school with are now they have two more years of experiences than I have. Yes, I now fall behind that class that I started with because their experience level is higher. Right, I'm spacing it out because yeah, I don't have the time. I have to go to school on Saturday. I'm going to school at night, as opposed to somebody who's taking eighteen credits in the semester. It's different. But what it does again, because when we're in the workfield, there is no age limit. You're competing against everybody, and so every year that I'm going to school, salary is increasing, I'm having less experience. It takes away from that.
Speaker 7: I'm just stay from a person and in the interview processes, the employee take you six years to graduate.
Speaker 3: I don't think it really doesn't necessarily not nobody's ever asked why to take six years to graduate, because as long as you have a degree, that you have a degree.
Speaker 4: But my thing is this, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Regardless, go ahead, like I said, I don't want to spend too much time on this because we could go all episode on this. But make smart decisions. Try to lower your debt if possible. Student loan debt is one is the second biggest debt to any Americans, so this is a very important thing. And mortgages is the most is the biggest debt. So even with the mortgages, try to go about it the correct way. Try to buy homes that you can afford, house hack, multifamily. Don't put yourself in a tremendous financial hardship just to live somewhere, because that's not beneficial either for you just to be working just to pay a mortgage and property taxes.
Speaker 4: That's not a recipe for financial freedom. Down line as well, due.
Speaker 3: To snowball method, if you're trying to get of your credit card debt, that is when you're paying if you have multiple credit cards, You're paying a higher amount on the larger credit cards until you pay the larger credit card. Often then you use that money to the second largest and then kind of work your way backwards from there. That's beneficial way to kind of go about it. Definitely call your credit card, you know, to try to negotiate. That is something that you can potentially do. You know, be wise with your decisions which you're spending, just you know, you just got to be you just got to think Auto loans definitely, look at, you know, different options before purchasing a car. Look at the difference between if you lease a car and if you buy a car, Look at used cars, look at different things that go into play here before you just make a decision. Because sometimes you make a decision, you think you're doing the right thing, and you're putting yourself in tremidous debt. So seventeen trillion dollars of debt for Americans is something that's concerning, and I think that everybody should look at their own personal situation and reevaluate it and see how they can do better.
Speaker 7: All a great My only final take that I want to put on this is that three of the biggest products in the banking system are mortgages, student loans.
Speaker 6: And overdraft fees.
Speaker 7: I don't want it to come off as if we're blaming the people, because if they are profitent off of the seventeen trillion, at what point where we put pressure on Wells Fargo, Bank of America, JP Morgan, who I have a relationship with, and other banks and institute. That's part of the reason, like why some of these regional banks are falling apart as well, Like it's not the people that put themselves. Even in two thousand and seven, people got blamed for doing bad mortgages, but they never talked about the derivatives trading that Wall Street did off the loans.
Speaker 6: It wasn't the consumers that crashed the market.
Speaker 7: It was all the shitty trading from and swaps and derivatives that they were doing on the assets and then lying about the ratings of those. So at some point we have to have a larger conversation around banking doing the right thing. And a part of our desire to expand and rapidly is causing our corrosion as well, because you can't expand without printing more money at scale and going back to tech, like even Apple, Apple as a company is worth more than all of the Russer two thousand. You guys know, I love Apple, but that's the biggest sign of a bubble. How can one stock be bigger than a fucking in depth because majority of the other companies in the Ruster two thousand small cap are not worth what they were valued at. Most of the venture companies that have got back in the last two years are underwater. So if they were valued two years ago at one hundred and ninety billion dollars or one hundred and ninety million, they're really worth eighty five right now. But they are not going to go back and regrade all of those. We have a bigger debt issue, an asset issue across every class. Commercial real estate in San Francisco forty five percent vacancy rate, twenty two percent in Chicago.
Speaker 6: These are major bubbles.
Speaker 7: And people want to say we're fear mongering about China.
Speaker 6: But when wealth posted, I don't.
Speaker 5: See them comments.
Speaker 6: I'll be looking. I'll be on the video when we can move on.
Speaker 7: But I think we got to put some pressure on the banks to put up to make sure that they're taking advantage of us.
Speaker 6: And then blaming us when it goes belly up.
Speaker 5: Yeah you you said, Apple, They're actually worth more than the GDP of the UK as well. Think about that they worked three points as a trillion and the GDP of the UK is two point six trillion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, that's pretty. But we live in America. It's a capitalist in society. So you can never look at institutions and banks for any way out.
Speaker 4: You have to.
Speaker 3: You have to take accountability as a person because it's ultimately in their best interest to make sure that you're ignorant, that you're making bad decisions, that you're putting yourself in debt.
Speaker 4: I mean, that's that's the way, right way of the business model. You are right, that's the corporate structure of America.
Speaker 3: So knowing that it's not good enough to say like this would be the equivalent to say like, okay, mcdonald' should stop serving Big Max and the school system should serve better food. Yeah, that all should happen. It's not in their best interest. So me, as an intelligent person, I can't blame my health issues on outside entities. I have to take responsibility for myself and say that I'm a competent person who can make decisions.
Speaker 4: And I am.
Speaker 3: Choosing to make healthy choices in my eating habits because I don't want to have high blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol. I don't want to go through that. Just like the debt situation, we all have to take responsibility. And if you don't know, that's one thing. But if you're educated and you do it, then that's a decision accountability.
Speaker 7: What do you do if you can't avoid it, Like let's take the food sourceing scenario, what do you do if you can't avoid the poison, or you live in the area where there's a food desert, or if we talk about life for sake, which destroys the good by own which has been the number one leading factor for obesity going up seven hundred percent.
Speaker 6: This has been a class action lawsuit on that company.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I used to you know, I used to live in Baltimore, So I did a whole survey on food deserts. I did an actual study on food deserts. So I know about food deserts for sure. I actually did a research study on it firsthand, And for sure that's an issue. But also right this one of the things that is a common misconception is that it's expensive.
Speaker 2: To eat good.
Speaker 3: It's actually more expensive not to eat good. So we all still have the soiss to make no matter what your circumstances are. Nineteen keys, it gave me the book how to Eat to Live. That was Ritt in my lodge in Muhammad in nineteen fifty in the worst economic situation for black people, worse than what we all have now more and he wrote that, he wrote in nineteen fifty how to Eat to Live. There's a whole book dedicated on healthy living, how to eat, how to grow your own food out of different thing. So, yeah, we're always gonna have challenges in America, especially as black people. But in twenty twenty three, we have to find ways to overcome those challenges. We have to find ways because petitioning, going to the government, going to corporations, trying to hold them accountable, it's not going to work. Beyond it's not gonna work. So yeah, we are up against the uphill battle and it's this challenges. But you have to find ways to beat the challenges. If not, we're going to continue to.
Speaker 8: Lose my graduates from my school being forced back and drop bags, drop Mike, drop back drop drop.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,