Speaker 1: Ring ring ring ring, May I please speak with Zoe.
Speaker 2: Oh, hello, Lamurn, Let's Patch and Hannah.
Speaker 3: God, I forgot what it was like working with you.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: Hello everybody, and welcome to our show, Star show.
Speaker 1: Us.
Speaker 2: This is Lamourne and this is Hannah and we are friends. What's going on?
Speaker 1: Guys?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 2: Uh, life is happening.
Speaker 3: Life is happening, I will say Rewatching the Bells episode directed by Peyton Read, written by Love Rocket.
Speaker 1: Love Rocket, I got a story. Remind me to tell you a story about love.
Speaker 3: It was so interesting to me because I was not in that episode, and if I watched it, it was maybe when it originally aired a decade ago, so I have a zero recollection yeah of that episode, and it was surprising to me so much of it.
Speaker 2: I was like handbails, ye, hand. I remember the episode that we shot second, but we it aired seventh, so it's it's funny to me looking at it. I'm like, oh, this was the episode. I still really felt like I was figuring stuff out. It was like, how far do I go with this? I don't know. I Also, it was like the first time I got to like have a storyline with Lemourn, which was super fun I have to say, I think Jake and Max's storyline was really great and so funny, so so funny.
Speaker 3: Fight to me was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while.
Speaker 2: They're there, banter was just so good and you feel like they've been friends forever. I I really like that that storyline because I you know, everybody knows, like the the storyline is if you haven't just watched this episode, like we have, that Nick is always fixing stuff in a kind of like he's kind of jerry rigging stuff to fix it, but it's they're not they're not the fancy fixes that Schmidt wants, and so they get in a fight like that Schmidt Schmidt so was throwing his money at stuff. He's getting fancy fixes. He's actually hiring professionals to do stuff, whereas Nick's scrappy and likes to jerry rig and fix this stuff in weird ways. And so Schmidt starts like taking all of the stuff he bought away, and then Nick starts unfixing stuff. It's very I mean, it's very fun. It's a simple storyline, but it's very funny. Last time on New Girl episode one oh seven Bells, just as school is running out of space, so she brings her delinquent students back to the loft to learn the art of hand bells. Schmidt wants the plumbing fancy fix in theft asap, but Nick is confident in his craftsmanship. Eventually, Schmidt hires a plumber who compliments Nick's bottle trick. Meanwhile, Winston has joined the bells team, but he's two damn good and two damn competitive, and Jess has to kick him off the squad for being mean to the kids. Nick and Schmidt begin a war that ends with everything Schmidt ever purchased being stuffed into his room. The guys make amends on the roof, where Nick explains that Schmidt knows him all too well and that he'd prefer a friend who would lie to spare his feelings. The guys make amends on the roof, where Nick explains Schmidt knows him too well and he'd prefer a friend who would lie to spare his feelings. Jess tells Winston that he can't be one more person disappointing these kids. At their recital in the park, Whinston shows up and is welcome back to the team. They do a mediocre but spirited version of I of the Tiger that everyone can rock out too. Now back to the show.
Speaker 3: There are two categories of people, and they really clearly define them in this episode of fancy fix versus fix to the point of working right, which is really funny to me.
Speaker 1: I prefer either. I could go either way. When I was looking at some of the fixes that Nick was, you know, some of his fixes made sense to me. Some of his fixes reminded me of how of how he grew up. They had a single mom, so sometimes when things would break, she wouldn't necessarily know about it or have the time to fix it. But we as boys in the house, would just kind of, you know, mend it together, wouldn't Maguy I writ the best way we could, and she'd gotta go, Oh the works for you, works for me anyway, gotta go to work. Favorite is his soap dispenser. While he's talking, he has.
Speaker 2: I mean, who hasn't had like a soap dispenser not working, and you're just like, oh god, I'm just gonna take the top off exactly.
Speaker 1: Dispensers for some reason always break.
Speaker 2: They always break. It's true.
Speaker 3: Ask me the right angle to get the pump man.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? Hannah?
Speaker 2: And they it's this, it's this the part that unscrews like doesn't seem to want to unscrew, you know, like where you're supposed to like screw in one part and then unscrew the top bit.
Speaker 1: And you guys are on some weird stuff today. Wait, Peyton read?
Speaker 3: Can you talk to me about Peyton read? Because Zoe I feel, Oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Peyton is so fantastic. Peyton directed the movie Yes Man that I was in, a great uh great fun uh movie, a movie that was great fun if you will, and uh, Jim Carrey was in it.
Speaker 1: Huh did he do ant Man as well?
Speaker 2: I think Peyton did? Yeah, he did ant.
Speaker 1: Man, Yes Man, aunt Man.
Speaker 2: He also did Bring it On, directed Bring it On. He's directed all kinds of great movies. He is just a fantastic person, so sweet, so sweet. He directed one of my favorite She and Him videos that we've ever done. Really Yes, he did this one for in the Sun and it was a really fun video. So Peyton's hopped on and gotten involved in a bunch of things that I've been involved with, and it's made my life so much better because he's wonderful and he actually directed a bunch of New Girl episodes in the first few seasons.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, also written by Love Rocket.
Speaker 2: Love and Love Rocke was was there from day one, day one.
Speaker 1: One of my one of my favorite people overall, just in life. He's such a great guy, great family.
Speaker 3: One of the best laughs.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, can you do it? Can you give us an impression?
Speaker 3: I can't, it's so high.
Speaker 1: I mean, have you heard your baby voice? Yeah, if he.
Speaker 3: Gets going, it's like a baby being tickled. We have to have love on. We'll just have him laugh and then he can go. He doesn't have to share any stories.
Speaker 1: Well, funny story about love. So I have security cameras all over my house, all outside of my house, and sometimes when I go, when I go travel, well here, so here's the thing. Sometimes when I when I travel, I'll just check in. Now, obviously my brother is still my brother is still here, but I'll just check the security cameras outside just to check him randomly.
Speaker 2: Weren't trying to tell you all he's rich.
Speaker 3: He's watching you, and he's paranoid.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to tell you somebody you tried to rob me before and it didn't end well for them, yea, for them, they're not in well for them. But I'm checking the camera and now they're filming a TV show. They're filming that show Dave. Right. They film it right across the street from my house, so constantly they're like trucks and things and people outside of my house. The Love that show Love Dave.
Speaker 2: And I've never seen it. I'm not I'm not saying silent because they don't like it. I'm sure it's amazing and I've heard great things. I just haven't seen it. I'm putting it on that.
Speaker 1: Funny got tremendous actor. But Love is a writer on that show. And I remember checking my cameras one day and outside they leave the porta potties, and I was so pissed off about this. The porta potties were right in front of my house, so my security camera is looking right at the entrance of the porta potties. And I checked the cameras one day and who was standing right outside of the porta potty is Love. Love is standing right outside. So I TEXTEDM a picture of it.
Speaker 2: How did you know?
Speaker 1: Just because very it's very.
Speaker 3: Clearly dance right before he has to use the bathroom. That's recognizable from a far.
Speaker 1: I think it was when he was You could see this photo.
Speaker 2: That's pretty clearly loved. I mean he's wearing a mask, like in a very generic outfit, and I can still tell it's him. That's kind of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but look out, Look at the disrespect, look at the trash cans, the porta potties. I have the most Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: Right outside your house?
Speaker 1: Right outside of my house? So mad? I was so upset, but love brightened the You.
Speaker 3: Send him a picture of himself waiting to use the bathroom that maybe is my nightmare?
Speaker 1: And he's looking and I say, is this you? And he goes, yeah, and he goes, is this your house? I'm staring at Yes, he goes, I thought so, I wasn't.
Speaker 2: I just want to add that that we've talked about love waiting outside of porter body. But he's a really really great writer. Oh yeah, super talented guy. Love having him around. He's so so fun love and really smart.
Speaker 1: Love which is a little Dicky song, I love love and I cuddle for enjoyment. That's one of his one of his Yeah, anyway, I'm Dave.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, does his laugh sound like like that.
Speaker 3: If he gets if he's really in it, I'm telling you, it goes high pitched like a little baby and like the greatest joy. It's the most innocent, beautiful laugh. That's gonna be the goal. We're gonna get love on the show. We're going to interview him about and get.
Speaker 2: Him and we're gonna tickle him. We're gonna try to get to giggle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so he's gonna run over to where he's taping and.
Speaker 2: Just it's gonna have them, of course, consensual tickling.
Speaker 3: I really have so many questions for you guys about tell you. I watched because I was like, Zoe, you are a very accomplished musician. Have you ever played them before?
Speaker 2: I'd never even heard of them, Honestly, I've never heard of this instrument. Also, they so it was so funny. Okay, So when they went back and post and made it. Because we had the bells, we did practice with bells that had we had a bell expert. I think kind of teach us a little bit of something they didn't have any what do you call the like ding dongs inside ding dong thing inside? I don't know what you call it mallet whatever. They were removed, so the bells made no sound. And then when they went back, so, okay, yeah, there's going to be a difference in terms of obviously each bell is going to be different and they're all different pitches and how you ring the bell it will sound better or worse and ring out. But they're not going to be like flat just because each one is just the pitch it is. So. But then when they went back and ad it sound to make everyone sound bad, they made them all sound flat, like they were flat, and I'm like, well, this is just not like, at least in my experience, I would I would certainly defer to a handbell expert, but that's just not how they're gonna sound bad. But of course it really emphasized how bad we all were and how wonderful Winston was. Oh, our wonderful producer Joel has just told us that it's called the tongue of the bell. Okay, it makes the bell.
Speaker 4: Feel so, yes, the tongue of a bell. Oh, it's called the clapper.
Speaker 2: Okay. Joel, our wonderful producer, has told us that the tongue of the bell is called the clapper.
Speaker 1: The clapper so folks go out there and get yourself some handbells and try to try to practice, and will I will, I will warn you though I now I can't speak for Zoe. Actually I can speak for Zoe. Her hands were fine playing the handbell. My hands. I don't know why we're swollen.
Speaker 2: I think I think I know why. It did hurt to hold the the the handles for a long time and you were having to play them a lot, and you had to do the like three in one, the three in hand and the two in hand and stuff that. You know, you have to get used to it, so definitely, and you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but for all the handbell people out there, for all the handbell folks out there, we're going to change the name. Yeah, the name is no longer called the three in Hand. It's called the Winston.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I just know that.
Speaker 1: It's just let's just make that a popular thing.
Speaker 2: Now, make the chan we put handbells on the map.
Speaker 1: I think we did. I think we did. It did for me in a few churches.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of them, and I am a musician. So there you go. That's either embarrassing or just maybe reassuring. I'm not sure I'm not.
Speaker 1: Gonna lie to you. I did get pretty decent at it. Though I did get pretty I started to really enjoy doing it. Like, once the episode was done, I was kind of I thought that I was going to go and buy a set and yeah, and I'd planned on it because you know, there, I don't. I don't have too many hobbies outside of what we do for a living. I don't, like, I don't play any instruments. I don't.
Speaker 2: Your hobbies are like creating other shows and like meeting, writing podcasts and making you are always busy with something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm a creative person.
Speaker 2: You're very creative.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like if you guys can't see this, I'm sure there'd be a photo at some point. Zoe has one hundred and fourteen guitars.
Speaker 2: But that's another that's my Like that's a job, so that is a profession. But yeah, like no, it's sometimes like it's hard to find things out Like if your profession is something that's fun, it is like you're like, well, I'm kind of busy with something that's fun that like actually is my work. So but yeah, it's hard to find hobbies outside you know, your profession if it's fun.
Speaker 1: That was going to be a professional cool guy you are. You are teach losers how to be a cool guy like me.
Speaker 2: That's kind of what you did in this episode.
Speaker 1: That's what I tried to do. After rewatching it, I realized I was a dork. Was like not Winston low Mourn, just watching, going like Jesus, you took yourself way too seriously. I wish I had played, you know, even going back and looking at playing a character a certain way, I watched it and I wished it was season six Winston or seventh Winston playing the handbells, because it would have been such a it would have been a different episode. I believe.
Speaker 3: Later you were actually trying to be good to sell the fact that you were really good and very serious about it.
Speaker 1: Bird Shirt Winston would have been would have been I'm shocked we never brought bells back later on.
Speaker 2: Actually yeah, yeah, because that this was like a this This this was a this was like a foreshadow foreshadow yes of Bircher Winston.
Speaker 1: Which reminds me of something. And we skipped over, we skipped over something very very important on this show. What we love to do, well, what Hannah loves to do is find the bear Hannah.
Speaker 3: Bear Hunt, Bear Bear. I watched the episode, didn't find the bear, So then I go after I've looked for myself, then I go online to see and what was interesting is that nobody else has found the bear either, and I was like, found it, But then I went back and found it.
Speaker 1: I found two bears.
Speaker 3: Okay, So can I tell you the bear that I found on my second rewatch last night? I got the bear is actually a picture in Winston's room a standing bear looks kind of like a grizzly bear. And that's when Jess is like reminding Winston near the end of the episode, like, these are just kids being kids, to be mindful what you say of them. And there's a huge picture of a.
Speaker 1: Bear, massive picture right behind right behind just his head, that's right. But right before that, during the nick in in Schmidt fight, Schmidt goes in his room and the refrigerator is right there. As he opens the door, there's a bear right there.
Speaker 3: So here's the thing, though, we need to have some bear hunt rules because I've already used that one. Now, well, so how many times can we use the fridge?
Speaker 1: Bear doesn't mean the fridge will always be used in an episode that's.
Speaker 3: Well, it's there a lot of it, So I'm going we have to come up with some like the barefoot thing from Wedding the wedding episode. I'm going to come up with some real hard and fast rules, guys, or we can't reuse.
Speaker 2: You said, though, where's the other one?
Speaker 3: But he's sing the fridge bear and then the bear picture hanging in Winston's room, and but I'd already used the fridge bear. So I'm going to come up with some real, uh, some real rules. And when as Merriweather is on at the end of this season of our podcast, I'm going to ask her if this was all intentional, because I'm a little obsessed with finding this bear.
Speaker 1: And I think that's important.
Speaker 2: I want to say we had some great guest stars as the kids in this episode, Raven Goodwin, Key Hong Lee, and Esther Povitsky. They were really fantastic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we also had Tiffany Ariani as well.
Speaker 2: Oh, Tiffany Ariani.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I have something very exciting for you guys. Actually, when we come back from the break, I reached out to Esther and she sent me a few voice notes about her memories of shooting bells and she spilled some to you guys, we sho. You know what's funny is that I can't figure out how I know Esther. So here's the thing. I rewatched the episode and or watched the episode, to be honest with you, I don't know if I've ever seen it before. And I'm like, is that.
Speaker 2: Esther?
Speaker 3: Like I didn't know she was ever on it, because I wasn't on the episode with her, you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: And I know there are also all these people who came on our show as kids, like when they were in middle school and then I don't or they were like eighteen, but they looked young and I don't, and they're like, hey, I was on your show, and I was like, oh, when you were a child, Like it's hard you know, have a mustache? Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: So like I met Esther at a party many years later and we said like hey, and we chatted and that was it. So it's not like we know know each other or kick it like when I and I was like, I think I got her number at that party just because we like chatting to each other. So it was almost like a cold text that I sent her, right and I've seen her shows. She made a show called Loan Together. She's on doll Face on Hulu right now. She's super talented. She's done like, you know, stand up specials. But it was almost like a cold text where I was like, hey, I had no idea you were a New Girl because I wasn't on that episode with you. Do you remember anything? Y'all want me to play these voice notes?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Please, yeah, as long as they're appropriate.
Speaker 3: They're appropriate.
Speaker 2: There I was in them.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, all right, there we go.
Speaker 1: There's two.
Speaker 5: Okay Ski, stand up comedian and original star of New Girl the Belt episode. I just wanted to say, this was my first ever TV job, and I literally felt like a movie star when I found out that I got it. I was so excited and then quickly became really sad and upset because we had to learn, actually learn how to really play the handbells. Because when I read the script, I was like, obviously we're not going to learn it, we'll just fake it. No, we had like a really strict, serious teacher, and I was struggling so hard with it. I remember calling my parents crying, being like I just wanted to be an actress, like I don't know how music, like.
Speaker 1: I can't do this, okay second part.
Speaker 5: And also I remember Lamarne had actually seen me do stand up before at the comedy Store and told me and was like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, i've seen you.
Speaker 5: You actually bombed. And then Zoe was standing right there and she was like, well, that's not very nice to say, and like she felt so bad for me, and then lamour I was like, no, no, no, she bombed really gracefully.
Speaker 1: I was like, okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I was just right before you played the voice though.
Speaker 1: I was just about to explained that. So what she's leaving out of the story is that it was her. It was her first time doing stand up in La and I was also doing stand up, and she when she went up, it was part of her bit was that she was bombing and she was telling really bad jokes on purpose. At least that's what I thought the bit was. And because people were well, because that's what she kept saying, she kept saying it. She kept going, well, this is good and her if you haven't seen her stand up, her delivery sometimes at least back then, was very dry and people were laughing their asses off, but it was like telling intentionally bad jokes. At least that's what I thought was happening. So when I said she bombed, I thought she would understand that that's that was kind of I thought that was the bit. I thought, that's what she was doing. And glad friends who are comedians and that's what their bit is. They'll go on stage and they'll just bomb as hard as they can and the commute in the crowd are laughing their asses off.
Speaker 2: Like some of Jim Heidecker had. Did you ever see him do that stand up show where his whole thing was that he was a bad stand up and he kept like looking at his like notes in a really like, I mean, beautifully awkward way. It was like just great acting. And then he'd have his wife plant it in the audience and the mean jokes about her, and then she'd get up and walk out, and it was like such a good but people would actually think it was real. It was so well done that people would like get really uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: My buddy, my buddy, and then we'll move on. But my buddy, Rick Lassman is the exact same way. He I think he's banned from multiple comedy clubs like because of he's so funny though, like he's like people come to see him, but his bits are so out there. He's uh. He he does a bit where he has a hoodie on and he comes out talking and it's funny and it's like it's just charismatic, it's just a casual conversation. And then he'll pull the hoodie down and he's got ear pods in and he'll pull the in and he's like, all right, mom, okay, all right, Mama, talk to you later, and they'll put the ear pods away and then he'll start the show. So the entire time everyone was like, wait, what he'll do. He'll do a bit with a puppet where he'll go you guys like puppets and everybody's like yeah, and then he goes cool, me too, and then he'll just move on.
Speaker 2: Like wait, why did they ban him?
Speaker 1: Because a lot of times when I think, I think, he goes and he gets so obscure, obscure on stage that some of the crowd isn't they don't know, they don't know, they don't catch on, and he's so obscure, like I'm talking like it's he goes so far left. He's one of the funniest people I've ever I've ever been around. But and you go to do his podcast at some point. Yes, you guys should do his podcast at some point. It's really funny and weird.
Speaker 2: He hasn't invited me yet, but he has.
Speaker 1: I just I just haven't relayed the message yet.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well now he knows.
Speaker 3: I'll go the missing link.
Speaker 2: I'll do it.
Speaker 3: It is interesting with those these incredible guest stars we've had over the years who like this was their first For a lot of them, it was their first teaming job.
Speaker 2: Esther you are a Star.
Speaker 1: You are a Star.
Speaker 2: You are a show.
Speaker 3: She has like her own now stand up special on Comedy Central.
Speaker 2: I mean she's like she's she's worry about yeah.
Speaker 3: But she said the big thing was she got to like order lunch from a restaurant every day. She said that was like so crazy and cool. And then when she went the hair and makeup trailer, she said she remembered Zoe you playing a Jim Don't.
Speaker 1: Say Jim Crow Jim Croachy. Yeah, Jim.
Speaker 2: No Jim Crow songs Jim Crochy.
Speaker 3: You know, she remembers him playing it like it was so vivid, like you remember your first time ever on a set.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I was saying, seventies singer songwriter. If you don't know who he is, he's saying like New York's not my home and operator lots of like seventies singer songwriter style hits from Jim Crow Chee Crow cheap.
Speaker 1: I gotta go and download some Jim croche.
Speaker 3: But she was talking about that twist right her first TV job, and it felt so exciting. She was a fan of Bring It On, and the director's there and it was this huge thing. But then she had to actually learn the handbells.
Speaker 2: But I don't know why they made anybody learn, And I don't know why because honestly, they just took the clapper out of the belt.
Speaker 3: I don't know either, But there was a I do remember coming to work the next week and Lamore telling me two things that his wrists still hurt, yeah, and that the bell's instructor was quite intense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like life or death. It was like, and you know, us being actors, we especially Zoe at that time, this is one this is my first regular job. But Zoe had done so many things you probably already knew. It's not necessary for us to actually learn how to play. We know what's going to happen in post.
Speaker 2: Like varying degrees of those things. Yeah, and especially on a TV show, like you're shooting so fast, there's no way they're going to like use the audio. I mean, I'm sure they wanted it to look. The main thing is they wanted to like look like people can play, but the kids are supposed to not be that great right playing. I think it was partially because they were like, okay, well you guys have time. I remember, you know Lamar and had to look like he was really good right away. I thankfully was just conducting. That was easy for me because I did choir from the time I was like a small child.
Speaker 1: Did you have a choreographer? Because you did you did dance in one part multiple.
Speaker 2: You have a choreographer for that?
Speaker 1: I'm asking you.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, no choreographer.
Speaker 3: Were just like do some funny because it circles back to like the Nick Schmidt storyline about the learning the handbells thing, which is did you need the fancy fix, like did you need to really learn how to play handbelts or.
Speaker 2: Did it just we're doing a movie about handbells. If we were doing a movie about handbells. Then yeah, we got to learn some handbells, but this episode probably no. But like I get why, you know, normally you have to learn a little something. But but they probably you know, there probably weren't that many handbell teachers available, and you know, probably the woman who was teaching us was like, this is a chance for exposure for this instrument and maybe be you know, she was, she was serious. I didn't get. I didn't work with her very much because again I was conducting. But in terms of you know what, I will say this, this is just a pivot, but I was I was going to say this earlier that like, if you go into a house that's been jerry rigged for like, you know, thirty you know, you have a guy that's like Nick but like older, and he's been just jerry rigging his house for thirty forty years. That house is a messed up house. You gotta you have to fancy fix. Sometimes you gotta fancy fix. Sometimes it's cool to have that, you know, it's great, it develops creativity, but like sometimes you just got to call in a plumber.
Speaker 3: You know, are like electrical things. Let's just leave that let's not mess with signs, you know, so let's.
Speaker 2: Not mess with that.
Speaker 1: So if you had to pick sides in this, Nick in Schmidt Beef, whose side just just left or right? You know? Nick Schmidt? Whose side? Would you?
Speaker 2: Can we have a disclaimer with it?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: Small disclaimer, okay, because I'm like kind of fifty to fifty, Like I think it's great and so creative that Nick can fix things in that weird way like it's it's great, but ultimately, like you have to like that water bottle situation above the toilet, was that was that was creative, but but not something that you don't want your toilet like you know, what was the water bottle? Like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, was the was the.
Speaker 2: Water passing through that water bottle? Like what was going on there? I'd actually like to talk to a real plumber, but yeah, you got to hire you got to hire a professional because otherwise, you know, eventually, like it's great, I'm on the side of like Jerry rig for now, uh for you know, to get us through the next few days while we wait for the plumber, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Right as a stop get for me. I don't mind, Like, ay, you can if you can fix it and then I don't know any different. Great, But if I have to now, like in this episode, turn on a faucet so I can use the bathroom, No, sir, we're calling a plumber. If I have to like do some weird, extra random step that I always have to remember and then remind people coming to my house to me, that is not fixed. You have no, just created more work for me and things I have to remember in an abnormal situation. But if you fixed it, and I can't tell the difference.
Speaker 1: But I will say this, God, what do you think? Lamar, Well, I'm on the side of of Schmidt. I'm on the side of Schmidt just but I'm on the side of Schmidt. If we had owned the loft, yeah, we didn't own the loft, So why why was the creepy landlord not there?
Speaker 3: They should have been calling the landlord.
Speaker 2: That's why fix it because he's kind of creepy.
Speaker 1: Maybe oh yeah, yeah, he wanted to. Later on we find out that.
Speaker 3: But some people really do like the challenge, so they're not going to call the landlord because they're just like, no, this is like I'm not going to bother anybody. I can figure it out and they have.
Speaker 2: The same personality type that doesn't like to read directions. That's like things direction Reading directions is some kind of you know, weakness.
Speaker 3: That feels like a nick And I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Say, like, Okay, so my boyfriend is a contractor and really good at fixing stuff, and he's like, you know, call the plumber like somethings a plumber like he can do a fix, but he's like a lot of times you need somebody who just does this, that's their thing, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I think if I think if your boyfriend did it, he do he do a really fancy fix. I've seen the shows.
Speaker 2: He does a fancy fix for everything, you know, like, but he he can fix stuff himself. But there are you know, there are certain jobs. You know, a certain like there's a certain level at which you're like you got to call the plumber, you got to call the electrician, you gotta call you know, whoever it is that's going to do the super fancy.
Speaker 1: Fis and shout outs all the plumbers and electricians out there. Where would I be without you? The amount of times.
Speaker 2: You'd be in the dark with no running water.
Speaker 1: I'd be in the dark with a backed up toilet.
Speaker 5: Alco.
Speaker 1: Also another interesting thing I found out about that that this episode brought up for me the argument again between it again, it was so funny and so informative. A Midori sour.
Speaker 2: Oh, that was so funny because that was a Madi.
Speaker 1: Believe it. I didn't. I didn't have my first drink until I was twenty two, and which is apparently very late.
Speaker 3: That's great alcoholic beverage. Yeah, first alcoholic parts for twenty two years. No, no, no, drink other stuff.
Speaker 1: I drink other stuff. Yeah, yeah, this is not out there. Water warm milk, nipple milk. And I was a baby. Yeah, but that was my first drink at a bar. And then I was a sour straight up?
Speaker 3: Or is it a cocktail?
Speaker 2: I know it's it's a cocktail, So it's a it's a influences a melon liqueur, and then a sour mix is like lemon, sugar, something like that. So it'd be like there's a lot of drinks that are like sour. It has like a sour mix as sugar, lemon, and then you mix it with with something that's already sweet, like Midoria, it gets extra sweet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's is it like a high ball or a Martini glass, like, what's the presentation on it?
Speaker 1: Both I've had it in Martini glasses before. In fact, I used to order it. I used to order it so much. I thought I was cool until I started getting around like grown ups that would or a drink. You would hear people go I'd take a Scotch neat, or I'll take this, or I'll get a margarita or something I don't know, and I would go, hey, I'll take a and the bartenders sometimes would look at me like what like the guys with it like what.
Speaker 2: I didn't like automatically get carted If you order that, you look because it's like it's like the drink that that somebody would order if you like.
Speaker 3: You know, the conversation goes sour, and then the bartender goes.
Speaker 1: Yeah again, I just got carted at the door. H Yeah. Another thing that I realized about this episode that was interesting in how it correlated to my life was the sushi bit. The amount of sushi that Schmidt was eating and ordering. I thought that was normal at the time. However, I hadn't had sushi at that point in my life. While forming this episode, I had never had sushi and I later on went to get sushi, and I said to myself, that amount of sushi that Schmidt had ordered was a was a damn party platter. That was a lot. You can't eat that much.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of that. Would you'd be very full? I think I think he was. I think the I guess maybe the joke was that he had ordered a party platter, thinking you guys were going to go in on it, and you guys were like, nah, we don't want sushi.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, maybe that was what it was, because I think that's so scrummy. I just remember that line was so scrubby, so stupid.
Speaker 3: Eight worth of sushi for yourself.
Speaker 1: Well have you been well have you? Have you been a sugarfish?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I know you get rolls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right there, it's a fancy fish lotus berry relax. Have you guys ever used that?
Speaker 2: No? There were so many funny Schmidt lines in this, like shout out to our write, our writing team, and love roquet. Schmidt is on fire. Like I think the Schmidt and Nick exchanges are just so perfect and so many good Yeah.
Speaker 1: Lotus relaxed. I looked it up. I couldn't find it.
Speaker 2: I think they just made it up. They made up all kinds of things that were so schmitty perfect.
Speaker 3: But the thing about the little kid perfect fight of trying to get then the product out of Nick's hair.
Speaker 1: Yes, because he realized he was using it as a he was using the conditioner as soap. Yeah, I once had I once had an ex girlfriend who who I'll do your lodgy for you? Is one particular styles like yeah, sure, and I go. And I realized I realized something once I went into the laundry room afterwards, take my clothes out of the dryer. I said, wait, we run out of soap. I said, where's There's no laundry detergent here. But on top of the washing machine is the fabric softer. Oh, And I said, I said, hey, would you did you? Did you? Did you? Did you throw the soap the laundry detergent bottle away? And she said no, No, it's right there on top of the top of the washing machine. I said, I thought, so, yeah, that's that's that's fabric. Yeah, that's fabric softer. Yeah, that's happened, and that's happened multiple times with it once happened with my former cleaning lady. Okay, you did an entire entire four or five loads of clothes with fabric softener.
Speaker 3: I think you need to separate the fabric softener away from the detergent of reoccurring.
Speaker 2: It is it is, I think, mate, you know what, A lot of people use dryer sheets, they don't use liquid fabric softener.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't use fabric softener at all when I do laundry.
Speaker 2: Right, you just had it.
Speaker 1: It's just there. It's just you know, there in case.
Speaker 2: Just in case keep getting Yeah, I think I think that's that's the confusion, probably, but you know, yeah, yeah, wow, Okay.
Speaker 3: Competitive nature. That was also a really fun thing to watch, like to learn about the Winston character. Do you either of you have a very competitive nature?
Speaker 2: No? I mean I love playing games, and I like I'll be like, oh yeah, like I'll set out to win. But it's but for me, the reason why I like playing games, it's like the process of playing games. If you're too competitive that you're like mad if you lose, you're just not fun to play with.
Speaker 3: So like that'll flip a scrabble board.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, I know, And you're like, I don't want to play scrabble with that person. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Speaking of games, should we play one right now?
Speaker 2: Let's play one. We're gonna play True American.
Speaker 1: American American. Welcome to True American, where the rules change weekly and you leave more confused than when you showed up. Now, this week we're playing Nikola Tesla's Problems and Solutions. In this week's episode, Nick has a solution for every problem in the loft. Today, Hannah's going to come up with a problem, and Zoe and myself are going to use objects in their immediate vicinity to help her come up with a solution.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I genuinely have a problem at the moment, I will share it and you tell me what I should do to fix it. So myhere, the handle that you used to turn the water on came off in my hand, and so now there's just like a hole in the wall of my shower. And I may have somehow misplaced like the handle, the actual handle. Yeah, and so I don't know, I don't know where to drive, and I know where I left it, but there are multiple people sett it on.
Speaker 2: My bicycle and I held held on to it loosely.
Speaker 3: I wanted to get to know it better. Now that I've been living a wall and so there's a hole in the wall, so that it needs to be inserted. I would think to turn so I can get my shower to run some water.
Speaker 1: Me.
Speaker 2: I've got a mic. I have a microphone stand here right here that I'm using for this podcast. That could possibly work.
Speaker 3: Right, we need some ridge thing though, to catch right?
Speaker 1: I could tell you, I could, I could help you out here. I can help you out here. You see, your problem is that your shower is broken? Correct, And what's the real what's the real issue there that you can't clean your body? Okay, So instead of fixing that problem, I have here a bottle of hand sanitizer. Right, instead of showering, you take this hand sanitizer that I have here, You take a little a little cloth. I'm holding the cloth in my hand. You pour the sanitizer on the cloth, and you proceed to aggressively rub your body until it is clean. Got it? Problem?
Speaker 2: And then you're probably well, then you're going to create another problem. It's called it's also called dry skin because hand sanitizers a problem.
Speaker 1: I got a solution for that.
Speaker 2: Okay, you got lotion?
Speaker 1: No, but I do have a candle here right, just put the candle.
Speaker 2: Wax all over your body, and then after that you're going to be cold. And I have a heating pad right here because it's cold in my office, and I have it in my lap because the the heater is too loud. So you're welcome, Hannah, we fix your problem.
Speaker 3: I feel great. I'm covered in hand sanitizer and wax, sitting on a heating pad with a hole in my shower.
Speaker 2: I can't help you with the hole.
Speaker 1: I can't help you with allah.
Speaker 2: Anybody gonna have to fancy fix the whole. If you guys have solutions, please just hit up hit If you guys have solutions, just hit us up on social media. Oh wait, I do have deodorant too.
Speaker 1: I have deodorant too, because you're gonna smell bad.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you have all this stuff, like right next to your desk.
Speaker 1: I got bug spray.
Speaker 2: I'm like, all my stuff is like technical. I've got lots of pluggy things. They're not going to help you.
Speaker 1: Oh you have, I'm like, yeah, I like you. I get a lot of my stuff from like Instagram pop ups, from infomercials. I got a bug zappa right here. How does the bug.
Speaker 2: Don't let your you got a child near that thing because it will electrocute you.
Speaker 1: I think, Oh no, not at all, not at all. I'm gonn teach her how to use it though.
Speaker 2: Okay, she's one light.
Speaker 3: Coming into the house.
Speaker 1: I do need parenting advice, so yes, okay, all.
Speaker 2: Right, we're going to talk. We're going to talk after. Hannah and I are going to talk to you after the podcast. Thank you guys so much for joining us on Welcome to Our Show. Please like and subscribe and give us five stars to make us all very happy, mostly Lamarn because five's his favorite number.
Speaker 1: Thanks you, guys, Thank you.
Speaker 2: You should see all of our smiles. We love you. Baw you've been listening to Welcome to Our Show, a New Girl recap podcast. Welcome to Our Show is a production of iHeart Radio, hosted by Zoe de Chanel, Lamar and Morris and Hannah Simone. Our executive producer is Joel Monique. Our engineer and editor is Daniel Goodman. The Welcome to Our Show theme song was written by Zoe Deschanel, performed and produced by Zoe Dachanel and Peter to Reader. Follow us on Instagram. Welcome to our show pod. If you have a question you'd like us to answer, you can email us at Welcome to our Show Podcast at gmail dot com. Don't forget to rate, subscribe, and share far and wide. Thanks for listening. We'll hear you next week.