Speaker 1: It's time to place your bets. Let's talk to the pros. Welcome everybody to betting Pros. It's me Joey p joe Pisapia, and we've got a great show for you today. It is me, it is Dan Harris, and it's you, and we're talking major League Baseball. Dan Harris and I are going to take you through the winners for the divisions, the odds that we like. We're going to talk about World Series and playoffs as well, and we're gonna talk about some of the big awards. We're talking MVP, Rookie of the Year, Cy Young, all the biggies. So, Dan Harris, it's a little betting pro's action for you today. Are you excited to talk a little baseball here and change things up? Because I know it's March nevery long. Everyone wants to talk about is basketball, but I don't. I want to talk some baseball today.
Speaker 2: I have been enjoying March madness. I will admit even more than I usually do. But now now I am ready. We are recording this on Tuesday. The season starts on Thursday. I am ready to go. I have very strong feelings on a lot of this stuff. So let's do it.
Speaker 1: I like when Dan has strong feelings. That's what I like. I don't like weak feelings. You take those weak feelings to get out of my show. Get out, Get out with the weak feelings. Only the strong survive here. And of course, if you want to get some of these odds here, the great thing about Betting Pros is it takes all the different ads from all these different places. You get the Betting Pros consensus lines too, and then you can look for lines that you want to exploit. Basically, whether it be on FanDuel or DK or Fox Better or MGM, all these kind of different sites, they've got them all here in one condensed spot on Betting Pros. And that's why you hang out with us here on the show. So let's start with the American League East. The Yankees are a consensus minus two hundred. That's no fun. Then the Rays plus three fifty, the Blue Jays are the same plus three fifty, Red Sox at twenty to one, and the Orioles forget it, five hundred million to.
Speaker 2: They don't have a number high enough for the orders.
Speaker 1: Actually it's actually broken. The site's it's plus fifty two hundred just in case you wanted to see it. But you know, let's talk about the Yankees, Dan, because you always pay attacks on the Yankees because they're the Yankees, and you know, to wager two hundred just to wait one hundred. To me, I'm never a big fan of that. And plus the Yankees have some question marks in that rotation. I mean, you know, you got Tion's innings, question, you got Klueber's health, you got whether or not herman, can you know, do it for a whole season? And I don't know, Man, this just does not feel like a smart wager to me. Now that being said, that kind of opens the door for maybe the Rays or maybe the Blue Jays. So do you have any feelings about either of these two? We're both basically at three and a half to one, all right, So I know.
Speaker 2: I said I had strong feelings about this is not a division of strong feelings. To be as fair as possible, I will have it later. I agree with you. The Yankees at minus two hundred definitely not worth it. Do I think they're the favorite to win the division? I do, but it's not something that I feel comfortable enough with those odds. I don't mind either the Rays or the Blue Jays at plus three fifty. Now, the Blue Jays are already dealing with a bunch of injuries. They're gonna lose Springer a little bit at the start of the season. They have already lost Kirby Yates. Robbie Ray is going to miss his first couple of starts after he fell and heard his elbow on the stairs. So I think if I were going to go somewhere, and maybe I'm just overrating the fact that the Rays always managed to figure out how to maximize their potential. But I do like the Rays, and again you mentioned it, Joe, the consensus line is three to fifty. You look at the different books which we have on bettingpros dot Com at BETMGM, theyre plus four fifty and at points bet their plus six hundred if you can get that at points bet at plus six hundred, I really like that at plus three fifty, I still think it's worth a sprinkle on them to win the division. We'll talk about it. I like the Rays in some different features a little bit later, but if I'm looking at this division, not one of the more enticing divisions, I think I probably would favor the Rays at plus three fifty, and again, if you can get it at one of these higher numbers, I would.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go with the Blue Jays here. I think they've got enough goods down there in the farm system to keep making some more moves, and I think they're going to acquire some more pitching at some point in this season. So to me, I think there's a young team that doesn't know any better. Doesn't They're not supposed to compete with the Yankees, and I think that makes them very dangerous. I'm off the Rays this year. You lose more than you lose Snell. That's a lot to lose. This is in my opinion, So I just I can't get there. They were built for sixty game season. Last year. The Rays were made for that one sixty two is a different animal. I'm gonna go with the Blue Jays here as the best wager, and that's where I would lean. Now on the central side, the White Sox consensus minus one twenty. Then you have the Twins at plus one twenty five, Cleveland at seven to one at plus seven hundred, the Royals at plus four thousand, and the Tigers at plus six. Now, for me, Cleveland is they're really intriguing one because yes, they did lose Lindor, but you're getting basically seven to one in some places, even seven point fifty or eight on points bet. But they've got Shane Bieber, who is, in my opinion, the best pitcher in that division, one of the best pictures in baseball. And on top of that, you got a great manager who's been there and done that in Terry Francona. They did bring in some more offense there to replace what they lost with Lindor. Is there replacing Lindor. No, but Jimenez be a nice player, I think, And on top of that, Eddie Rosario was a good bat. So to me, I think Cleveland's got enough pitching to really make this interesting. At the end of the day, I think the White Sox are markedly better the Twins. I am completely lukewarm on. To me, there's too many problems there. But the interesting wager here is maybe you bet the White Sox and then take a little bit and, as you like to say, sprinkle and sprinkle a little bit on Cleveland at those higher odds, because I think there's an outside chance that they could surprise people.
Speaker 2: Cleveland is my favorite bet actually at plus seven hundred to win the division, don't We talked about the White Sox before Joe. We did an episode a couple of weeks ago about sort of the win totals, and you know, it was ninety one and a half I think at the time. Obviously, the White Sox have since lost Eloy Jim Andez, which is a big loss. It's not a critical loss to them necessarily, but it's a big loss. And again that's going to open up more playing time for Andravaon who you know, I like very much. I just don't think that either the White Sox or the Twins is significantly better than the other one. So I don't have a great feel for one of those teams. Well, what I do know is that Cleveland is always able to outperform what it should be able to do. And maybe say that is Francona, or maybe it's just you know, the front office knowing what to do.
Speaker 1: Pitching two. I mean, they've always got good starting pitching. Every year.
Speaker 2: They are able to take these command guys and just say, what if you have the command, we can mold you into a successful major league pitcher. They do it every year they did it with Plisak, who again you know, I'm not a huge polea sack guy, but no, but we like Savallee pretty much, you know, in that rotation. Of course, Bieber is, if not the best pitcher in the American League, then the second best behind Garrett Cole. But again, their bullpen's pretty good. Karen Jak has some control issues, but he can strike out everybody. Nick Whickgren is sort of a quiet cog there. And the addition of Eddie Rosario was really key because again he's just kind of this forgotten guy. When he plays all around solid baseball, he really lengthens that lineup. He gives them another hitter behind Jose Ramirez, and again you are going to have Andres Himinez, who I think is going to add that nice extra speed dimension. Plus these are Hernandez, decent guy at the top of the order. They're a team that I don't expect to win the division, but at plus seven hundred, those are the odds I like best.
Speaker 1: That's a pretty good middle up up the middle defense too, with Hernandez and Jimenez as well. So I don't know what they're gonna do with Rosario. It doesn't look like not much, but yeah, at this point, I think Jimenez is clearly the guy that they were targeting in that deal when they moved Lindor went onto the West. Here, the Astros are the favorite at plus one twenty five, the A's plus one forty five. Again this is the consensus at betting pros, and then the Angels at plus three seventy five, with the Mariners bringing up the rear plus twenty six, and the Rangers that you're nice old sixty to one. So we'll forget about the bottom feeders here. It's really whether or not you want to make a case for the Angels because the A's are tricky. The is are always a tricky wager because you're not getting huge odds on them because they're always kind of hovering around that. The Astros are the favorites for a reason I think they should be. They still have mcolors and Granky at the top of that rotation. They still got a ton of talent. That it's whether or not you want to make a case for the you know somewhere around three and a half or even to four to one Angels odds, So for them to win this division a lot of things would have to break right. I'm still the stay away. If anything, I would still go with the Astros because I just think, you know, the Astros are that team that just doesn't want to go away, and I know a lot of people want them to. But I still think they're very good and I think Dusty Baker's gonna have them right back in the playoffs, and I do think they're gonna win this division. So I'm going chalk here with the Astros. What do you think about the Angels and the Astros or even the A's in this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm with you. I'm on the Astros and know they're the favorite at plus one twenty five as you mentioned, and again, you can't get much better than that. Maybe plus one thirty out there at bet MGM, but that's pretty much where you're at. But I still think there's value there the A's. Look, they always outperform what they're supposed to do, but they're just not going to be as good as they have been in previous years. They would need a lot of things to go right. I think losing Hendrix at the back end of that bullpen. I know Trevor Rosenthal is there but they're not the same caliber pitcher, and I just think there's gonna be some fall off for them. The Angels. Again, we talked about this at the wind totals like the the You know, the Angels basically haven't gone above five hundred in like six seasons at this point, and yes, could show hal Tani completely transform them, it's possible. We'd love to see it. He obviously had the blister yesterday, but I don't think so. Man, It's not even worth a sprinkle to me. At close to four to one. To me, this is the Astros division. They're gonna be fine. And again we'll talk about this little later because I like some other futures with the Astros, but they have the ability to trade and do whatever they want because they've got a good form system and they will go forward here. So I do like the Astros, even as the favorite at plus one twenty five.
Speaker 1: All right, so let's do our winner in the American League then, because the Yankees are the favorites at plus two thirty, the White Sox at three eighty, the Twins at plus seven fifty, and then after that you got the Rays at eight fifty, the Blue Jays of plus eight seventy five plus nine hundred for the A's and then ten to one for the Astros, which is funny because I think people kind of discounting the Astros a little bit. Yeah, the Astros at ten to one is fascinating because they could absolutely get back in this and be super annoying and piss off Major League Baseball and say, hey, look at us, everybody. If they were in the playoffs last year and they caused problems. So I'm just throwing that out there. But in terms of short series, I really like the White Sox plus three eighty. That's where I'm gonna go. That's my lean, and I feel strongly about it because they added Lancelynn along with Gilito and Kaiko. Those are three pitchers I believe in. You could add in a guy like Michael Kopek. If you do indeed get Alloy back healthy, what a boost that is in September potentially, And again that's a big if. But still, this is a great team, and it tells you how good they are because they lost Aloy and they're still the favorite in this division by a fair amount. So look, I think the White Sox are the fascinating bet because I think in a short series, this team is in again, it's young, it's hungry. They've got the closer now to that shutdown guy in Hendrix. So I like the White Sox here the Yankees of the Chalk. I don't think the Chalk is bad here. But to me, I think the nice in between is that plus three eighty about consensus you're getting with the White Sox. Who do you like to represent the American League in the World Series.
Speaker 2: Favor bet and it's clear favorite bet for me, and this one is the Astros at plus one thousand. Again, I think there are a couple of things. Number One, I think you want to avoid a team that might be a wild card, right because you're sure you can get bounced, which is one of the reasons, by the way, why I worry a little bit about the White Sox because I don't know that they're going to win that division. I feel pretty common and maybe I shouldn't, but I feel pretty confident that the Astros are going to win their division. And if they do, they've got two things really working for them. Number One, I guarantee you if they're there, they're going to add a significant piece. And again Franber Valdez, who was originally out for the entire season. He's not going to be out for the season now anymore. I mean he may miss a significant chunk, but coming back late in the season, that's going to be a significant ad as who also might be is Verlander. It's possible that he's going to come back in the playoffs at this point, even if he's just a bullpen piece, even if he's a closer, perhaps even in there, given that he's going to come back, he could be another addition that can make them really difficult. We talked about Carlos Carey on previous podcasts. We really like him. The Astros were abysmal last year. They couldn't hit anything, and they still made the playoffs. So I think they're gonna make it back. I think they're gonna do some damage here in the playoffs. So they are my pick at plus one thousand to win the American League.
Speaker 1: So if I gave you odds of plus or minus one inning for Justin verlind Or in twenty twenty one, you're going the over. Hunh.
Speaker 2: I think I Well, all right, if the postseason counts, I'm gonna take the over. Yeah, I'm gonna say that he pitches in this postseason.
Speaker 1: Wow, I love that. That would be a great story. I love this. I love the scripture writing for twenty twenty one. Okay, let's talk a little National League East here. The Braves at plus one twenty consensus number one, while by the Mets at plus one forty, the Nats at plus six hundred, the Phillies eight to seventy five, and the Marlins plus twenty five hundred. So we'll leave the Marlins and the Phillies alone here. I don't think either of us really want to go there. Yes, baseball, anything can happen, but let's not get crazy here with some of these. The Braves are the easy chalk, and I don't think it's a bad idea. The Braves of the pitching. The Brave have consistency, and look, they're built for the regular season. I'm always worried about them in the postseason though. That's always where and it's always been the case. You know, it's been bullpen issues. It's also they strike out a ton, it's creating runs. Sometimes it's a problem for the Braves. Now the Mets are doing a better job. I think this year constructing a lineup to create runs this year for little Door is very good. But to me, this is kind of like the I guess, the same version of the Cleveland situation in the American League. Yeah, if everything breaks right for the Gnats, they have the best rotation in this division, and that is what's built for one sixty two. Not to mention Josh Bell and Schwarber coming over to join Sodo and Turner and Victor Roblez hopefully bouncing back and still your very young player. So the Nats at plus six hundred some places can get them for six fifty. Also, Dan, that's very tempting for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, I got it. It's almost annoying that we see things. So I'd eye on this one just because it'd be great to have more back and forth. But I agree with you. Do I expect the Nationals to win this division? No, but it's very much like Cleveland, and actually it's better in Cleveland, which is why their odds are a little shorter at plus six hundred. And again you mentioned plus six fifty at bet MGM, plus six fifty at points bets. You can get even better if you go there. But I agree with you there is there is a very very clear path for them to win this division. It takes their starters getting back to what they do best. Shurezer looks good and healthy right now. Hopefully Strasburg is fine. Corbin hasn't had the greatest spring, but again, if he gets back, it's going to be good. Their bullpen, obviously, with the addition of Brad Hannon you mentioned Josh Bell having a monstrous, monstrous spring, really lengthn's that lineup. Adding Schwarber to maybe the best player in baseball in Lon Soto, they can really make some noise. So it's something where if I had to do between the Braves and the Mets, I don't really know. It might be the Mets a little bit, just because I feel like, again you're seeing it right now, Carlos Carrasco goes out. In past years, it would be, oh my god, They've got to go into the minor leagues and get this reliever and have them spot start for you know, two months. But they have lu Casey, they have depth right now.
Speaker 1: They walk Peterson, they've got it, They've got they've got options, which is smart, and you know what, I think they've done a very good job of you know, continuously building this offseason for the depth. And I'll say this too, I think the depth of the bench for the Mets is very good.
Speaker 2: Yes, yea.
Speaker 1: The versatility, the athleticism that they have on that bench, the Mets are a decent you know. It's funny the East. You can really make a case for all three teams at the top. Obviously, the Nats are the one where it's kind of boom or bust there, but the six to one odds there. But look there, this is one where you could hedge if you wanted to a little bit, yea, because I think there's some opportunity there depending on how you want to strategically wager and how much you want to put on each one of these teams. Let's move over to the central where the Cardinals, of course being a national team, are r at the top there plus one oh five, the big addition of Aeronauto that's great and all, but we'll get to that in a second. Brewers at plus three hundreds, the consensus for them, Reds at plus three thirty, which is kind of surprising to me. I don't get that. Nuts nuts, the Cubs four twenty five, and the Pirates sixty five hundred. So Pittsburgh, gum, sorry, it's gonna be a rough home. The Cubs are out of it too, I'm sorry. They're a team that's going to Jettis and everybody as soon as they can, which leaves us the Brewers and the Cardinals. And I mean, what are we gonna learn that? The Brewers are always going to be good. I mean they as long as Christian Yellwich is healthy, this team's gonna compete. And now Freddy Parolta looks like he might be putting it together. And if he does, you got him. Cormyn Burns and Woodrof at the top of that rotation, with arguably the best bullpen in the league. Right with Devid Williams and Josh Hater. This is a good team. Cold Wong and Jackie Bradley shure up the defense. It's all about saying healthy now. But still, man, I like this Brewers three to one in some spots can get like on Fox bet plus three seventy five at fox.
Speaker 2: Bet, Joe, the Brewers have longer odds to win the division than the Reds. In what universe are we in where the Reds should have better odds? You know where are we? Where are we?
Speaker 1: Where are we? Where? The Cardinals are such a prohibitive favorite. Yes, I think it's just easy. What's the rest of this rotation? Because it's not great?
Speaker 2: No, I mean I was shocked when I saw it, and I get that. The Cardinals, you know, they added aeronauto and they have a strong lineup and their rotation is okay, I guess, But the.
Speaker 1: Brewers, Pitcher, do you feel good about besides Flowerty on the Cardinals?
Speaker 2: Nobody right now, nobody else.
Speaker 1: I agree. That's my problem. You're giving me one hundred and sixty two of his staff and you're gonna tell me that what Reyes finally becomes something or Carlos Martinez figures things out again, it gets on track. No, I'm not buying that. That just not doing it anymore.
Speaker 2: I I didn't. I mean, I have zero interest in the Cardinals basically even money right plus one oh five. The Brewer is a plus three hundred all day. All that we talked about. The wing total that was my favorite bet was over eighty two and a half. I think it's gone up now to eighty three and a half. I still like it there, but I liked it at over eighty two and a half. This is a very very underrated team. You mentioned a couple things. First of all, Yellow's just going to bounce back. I guarantee it. When Lorenzo Caine, a guy we both liked, again missed all of last year because he opted out. He is back now, and again he was not healthy at the Quad, but he is back playing now. The addition of Wog is huge, if for no other reason than his defense as a huge dynamic there. The bullpen is fantastic. Corbyn Burns is absolutely legitimate. Brandon Woodrift does not get the respect he deserves one percent. And I have always been the fade. Freddy peralta guy like I've never liked him, but I don't know. I like what I've seen a lot in this spring, so I'm kind of excited to see what he can do. So Brewers, this is not close to me. Brewers at plus three hundred is the bet that I love in this division.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm with you one hundred percent here. All right, let's go to the West, which is basically a two team race. I mean, the Giants are fifty to one, the d Backs are fifty to one, the Rockies are fifty one. I think we can all kind of dismiss them. It's whether or not you want to pay the premium on the Dodgers, which is minus two fifty. So for those of you are new, it's putting two fifty down to win Andre That doesn't seem like a good day at the office, no matter how good the Dodgers are. Or to have a little fun with the Padres at the plus two hundred, now here's the thing. It would be fun to play around with the Padres. But I think at the end of the day, the Dodgers still win this division. So for me, I'm gonna stay away from the West because it's just not Now. If the Padres were three or four to one, yeah, okay, now I'm kind of listening. But two to one, it's kind of like it's okay. But so many things would have to go wrong for the Dodgers. You'd have to have Kershaw with the back issue. You'd have to have Walker Bueller continue to be bad like he's been in spring. You'd have to have Trevor Bauer, you know, be bad Trevor Bauer, and maybe a Cody Bellinger injury. Like you have to have all these things happen, but I don't know. I just don't see a world where the Dodgers aren't winning this division. So I'm just gonna pass on this one.
Speaker 2: We talked about the fact that Dustin May was named the fifth starter, and I was like, cool, that change is absolutely nothing for me because I know that they're going to have all tho those guys start with David Price in Gonsolan. It means nothing. This is a team there was ever a team that's built for every part of the season. There. They have so much depth, so much would have to go wrong for them to not win the division. But at minus two fifty, come, what's the point? You know, it's just not something I want to do because the Padres are a very good team. But again, yeah, it's just to stay away. I mean, I'm not sprinkling at all on you know, the Giants or the d Becks or the Rockies or plus five thousand. It's just not worth it. There's no chance. So for me, yeah, just not a bet. I mean, if you want to get in on the Dodgers, as we'll talk about in a little bit, for like the World Series or the league, fine, but to win the division forget about it, just stay.
Speaker 1: Away, all right. So that'll bring us to the National League Winner, where the Dodgers are obviously the favorites to defend their crown at plus one seventy five the Padres. Now here's where I like the Padres. Plus three ninety. This is where I'm listening because look at this pitching staff in a short series. Look, they could even bring up the Mackenzie Gore at some point, right. They've got all this depth. They got guys like C. J. Abrams in the minor leagues too, Like if they need something, they can go down and pluck it and they can fill the holes. I do think at some point in time they will get better in the bullpen, I really do. I don't think it's gonna be pegana moll Hanson when all said and done. I don't know who it's going to be, but it's.
Speaker 2: Not gonna hate the bullpen, by the way. I mean, if Palmerance is healthy and he's pitching right now, I don't hate it.
Speaker 1: I don't They're gonna go in on somebody. I don't know who it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: You can tell they're not holding back this season, and they've got.
Speaker 1: The chips to move to do it, to make it all work. And that's the other thing too. That's why I like Toronto, you know, because I feel like they can keep the aggressive. So the Dodgers plus one seventy five, the Padres three to ninety, the Braves are five to one, the Mets are at plus five twenty five, the Cardinals ten to fifty, the Reds blah blah blah. So let's be realistic here. I don't like any of the long shots. If you want to play around with the Nationals and that narrative at twenty to one, okay, because once again you get the Nats in a short series with a healthy Strasbourg, Corbin and Max Scherzer. Yikes, Like that is a lot to deal with. So I get that long shot in the National League. That's the only long shot of all these I like. But to me, that Padres at plus three ninety, that pitching those four guys we've talked about before with Musgrove, with Snell, Darvish and Chris Paddock. I like this group. I think they're they're hungry, they're ready to go, and I think they will add more pieces, which is kind of scary when you think about it. And they're good defensive team too. Hosmer at first is really good defensive player to tease the Machad. All these guys, very good defensive team. So I like the Padres. Where are you leaning for the National League Crown?
Speaker 2: My worry with the Padres is again I don't think they're gonna win the division, which means they've got to get through a wildcard, which means it's just automatically an extra variable that we may not see. Now again, do they have the staff? Oh? Sure, you can start darbashing that game and you're going to be the favorite no matter who you're facing. So I don't mind them at three ninety if we are talking a long shop. By the way, you did mention Nationals, which again at plus two thousand. But I also kind of like the Brewers at plus twenty five hundred because I do think they will win their division, and if they win their division, if they add a real a starter, if they're able to sort of make a move at the deadline, they could become a true powerhouse. But outside of that, I actually kind of like the Mets at plus five twenty five. And the reason is I think it's probably at this point they're probably like, I don't know. They obviously have a decent chance to win their division for everything goes well. Now you want to talk about the playoffs, You've got the best pitcher in baseball who you're going to be favored when you get there. The Mets have not only the money, but they have enough in the farm system to be able to take a move at the deadline. And again the money thing, Joe, this is what I screamed about with the Wilponds. Joe and I both Mets founds. By the way, if you have not heard that before, miserable, miserable human beings and baseball fans. But you now have Steve Cohen, who oh, are you trying to give somebody away? So we cannot have to really give up grade a prospects, But you need somebody to take on salary. Great, we can do that because money is irrelevant. That's great. You can do that at the deadline hopefully. And also, who hopefully will come back in the middle of the year is Noah Cindergarten. You add to him Carrasco and suddenly, if those guys are all healthy, you've got to get through to gram and Carrasco and Cinderguard and hopefully Stroman, who I think is going to take a step up. That's a really really good rotation and a team that could make some noise. So for me, I think there's a good chance the Mets are going to get into the rotation into the playoffs, and if they do, I think they have a team that's kind of built for it. So I kind of like them, Like I like them much better than the Braves at plus five hundred, because you talked about it. You worry about the Braves a little bit once you get to the playoffs. Once you get to the playoffs. For the Mets, I feel good about it, So I do like them a little bit. At plus five twenty five.
Speaker 1: I certainly hope so. I haven't seen them win a World Series since I was eight years old, so you could do the math on the folks, all right. So to win it all the World Series, the Dodgers plus three fifty, the Yankees at five p fifty, the Padres at eight hundred, the White Sox at eight to fifty. Then the Braves are ten to one, Mets are ten to one, Twins are twenty to one. Astros twenty two, Blue Jays, twenty two Cards, twenty two, and then they get to the twenty five then over starting with the Rays and A's and Nationals at plus thirty three hundred. So for me, obviously, I've kind of mapped out my White Sox Padres World Series, which I would very much like to see. I think that would be good fun. They're both kind of the same here plus eight hundred plus eight to fifty at the end of the day. Look, I think the White Sox are just that lineup that doesn't quit, and I think that the pitching staff is very good. The Padres are there too. I think you could kind of hedge with either one of these and bet them at the top of the season, both of them. I think one of them might actually come in there potentially. I'm not feeling the Yankees and Dodgers that I'm just I'm not buying the big time teams here in the chalk on this one this year. Give me the Podgers of the White Sox. I think those are my two favorite picks on the board. Do you have Are you sticking with your mets here, because certainly ten to one, that's you know, put one hundred bucks that's a pretty good term.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think the Mets at plus a thousand are a pretty decent bet. I do prefer Again, I've talked about all the teams obviously, so it's going to be where I was leaning to with the you know, winners of the National League in the American League, and I do like the Astros a plus twenty two hundred because I do think that this is a team that could really really They're going to add somebody if they're in there, they're going to add somebody. Their lineup is deep and can do some real damage. Again, they were terrible last year and they came real close to moving on. So for me, my favorite bet of it is the Astros at plus twenty two hundred for you know the reasons. At number one, I feel pretty confident that they're going to win the Division. Two, I feel pretty confident that they're going to add a significant piece at some point during the season and again get over Lander back, which is I don't know if that's a ball prediction. I know I love it.
Speaker 1: It's bold.
Speaker 2: I like it because Verlander is like not human and I think if you're like hi, it's been more than a year since.
Speaker 1: I just took him for a buck in my home fantasy league at the end of the auction where nobody had any more money and I was the last person with money, and I was like, I'm gonna go Justin Verlander for a buck if which is again next year, that's a heck of a keep.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, you give it you, you give this guy where you're basically like, hey, what every other day, we're gonna give him an inning in that bullpen and he's gonna be throwing ninety miles. Now, I mean that that's a that's kind of a game changer when you get to the playoffs. So for me, I will My favorite World Series bet based on the odds is the astros a plus twenty two hundred.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to the odds for MVP will start in the American League trout or the field. Basically, I mean.
Speaker 2: That the odds are like, what is trout to twenty or something.
Speaker 1: That's twenty five? After that, it's Aaron Judge is the consensus at plus twelve. Again, the Yankee tacks Jose Ramirez at plus twelve, which, again, if you think the Indians really have a chance, yeah, he was in this conversation last year. You got Bregman at twelve, you got Rendona fifteen, Chapman a fifth fifteen, Otani a plus twenty, which is that's the one that again, if he can pitch one hundred innings and drive in one hundred runs, how is he not the MVP of the league. That is my case for the show. Aotani dart throw, now that's risky, but you're getting twenty to one on it, and Jose bre You the defending champ, there is plus twenty five, which is kind of funny to me that he doesn't get more respect he should personally. But a bray you and Otani are fascinating long shots. You know you're getting basically the simple two to one with Mike Trouts if you want to bet big on Mike Trout in the plus two twenty five. Okay, but how do you see the al MVP race?
Speaker 2: I see it as something where I hate it, Like I really just don't like it because I do think that it and again.
Speaker 1: It's sink or swim. There's no you know, there's no in between where you can like find that in between. Nice ways. Yeah, that's a good smart investment. It's like it's Mike Trout of the field. It's back to the old Tiger Wood days.
Speaker 2: And I think what you really need to do at this point if you're not gonna go with Mike Trout is this is the problem with this is it's a it's a it's an award that's voted on, right, so you have to think about you know, the what are people going to be thinking about.
Speaker 1: It's the award like OWI because to me, that is the story of twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: If that happens, it's a good point. My only thing is, like, man, he has to absolutely explode because on his own team is Mike Trout, and so you really have to dominate my Trout.
Speaker 1: Don't pitch.
Speaker 2: It's lot of courds. He probably could know if he was there. So look at when I was looking at it, I think Jose Ramirez again, you'd have to see something where a guy is really responsible for his team's surprising success. Jose Ramirez is a good one. Matt Chapman again, it's only it's a little short. I was surprised if it was only plus fifteen hundred. But he's a guy with his defense, you know, especially adding on on the war. If the A's do surprise, he could be somebody. And the only other guy I kind of thought of, is this a guy who everybody waits for. You know, the breakout's going to happen at some point. If it does happen this year and his team overperforms, and that's Laddie, it's a plus twenty five hundred. Again, if he does suddenly live up to his potential and the Blue Jays somehow win that division, and you know odds that you liked, it's a little tough because their lineup is really very, very good, So he'd have to really really stand out among a lot of very quality hitters, with George Springer especially. But again, if he does and if he lives up his potential, and if they win that division, he could win it. So plus twenty five hundred, that's really the only one I might take a shot on.
Speaker 1: All right, let's move to the National League, which is very different, way more wide open YEP consensus. Mookie Betts is plus seven fifty, Juan Soto my one to one, plus seven to fifty. Cody Bellinger at eight, which I don't think is a great wager. Talked about his health a little bit earlier, Ronald Acunia plus eight hundred, Tetis Junior plus eight to fifty, Freddy Freeman at twelve, Noan Aernato at twelve, Lindora at plus twelve hundred, and yell At at plus twelve hundred, not to mention the Rice Harper plus fifteen. This thing is wide open, and we didn't even talk about Manny Machado and some other guys that could even kind of throw into this mix. But I think that's kind of you know, you could throw Pete Alonzo in there too if you wanted to. But to me, this is this is simple. This is I think Juan Soto is the best player on his team. I think he's the best player on the planet. So I'm gonna go plus them fifty. There. The other guy that would be my number two ranking here in wagers would be Fernando Tatis Junior plus eight to fifty because he's kind of becoming that new face of baseball. And I think there's a media narrative to the Padres this year because they're fun and exciting and they're all in and you know, the snazzy new uniforms they debuted last year. There's there's juice there. Okay, when it comes to Fernando Tatis Junior and when you go to Acunya and Freeman again, same team, Bellinger bets it's always tough when they're on the same team. To me, it's Tatis and Jansto. I'm gonna go with Sodo as my number one. How do you see National League working out?
Speaker 2: Soto is also my number one because he I don't think the Nationals have to win that division, even for him to win it if he has a monstrous yere like I mean, his trajectory is otherworldly at this point, and they are just better than you think. They win eighty eight games, but they lose the division, you know, in the last weekend or something like that. That should be enough for him to get it. So at plus seven to fifty, I do like him. There the other guy who I'm looking at it, And again this goes into maybe I'm just a Brewers homer this year. Who knows would be Yelich just because sure he's won it, but you've said Yelich is the guy on that team, right if that team does, if there's one guy on that team who could go crazy, And again, he has performed at an MVP level for two years straight, and then you had last year, which was just I'm throwing it out, forget it. If he gets back to what he can do at plus twelve hundred, I'm willing to go with that. I don't mind tattoos either, by the way, but Sodo is my number one at plus seven to fifty, and then Yelich at plus twelve hundred is my second favorite.
Speaker 1: All right, let's move on to the cy Young. And if you pay attention to sy Young, you know these usually come in bunches. So although Garrett Cole is one of the best pitchers in baseball plus three fifties, that consensus number, Shane Bieber is four to one at plus four hundred. That's where my money's going. It's going to Biber. I think we're in the Shane Bieber cycle right now. It just feels like that watching him this spring. The guy is just so good. Gilito's at four to fifty glass now I just don't think he's gonna throw enough innings. So he's nine to fifty. Then Ryu thirteen hundred, and Lance Lynn's seventeen hundred, along with Barrios and my Ada, so This is kind of a two man race as far as I'm concerned. Even Gilito's great and all, but I'm gonna go with Bieber. That's where I'm gonna lean. I'm gonna take the four to one, how about you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Realistically, it's very difficult to make a case for anybody other than those two guys, because this year, especially, you are going to deal with innings concerns with almost every pitcher and probably not those two guys. They're gonna pitch a lot of innings and that's just gonna make a difference. And I will say that I feel like the you know who, Brian Kenny used to go on the rant about kill the win, right.
Speaker 1: Kill the win.
Speaker 2: But voters have have wised up, you know. They they they now look beyond just the classic stuff, and I know they're going to realize the impact of innings. So realistically, it probably is one of those two guys, and I would favor Bieber at plus four hundred. I really like Gilito, but his odds are it just had four to fifty is just not worth it. Like I you know, if it was.
Speaker 1: Double that, if it was seven fifty or something like that, I'd be more exactly.
Speaker 2: But at four fifty, I'm surprised. I mean it's too close.
Speaker 1: I mean tells you how good Giolito is.
Speaker 2: It does I'm surprised, though I didn't think. And again Glass, now I also like a little bit. But at plus nine fifty, again not there. If I'm going to go for a long shot, it's a guy who I really like this here, and that's Lance mccullor's at plus four thousand, and I think again, what would have to happen is mccullor's I think he threw fifty five somewhere around those indings last year. He'd have to add at least one hundred, maybe one hundred and ten. And I'm not saying he will or won't. I don't know what necessarily their plan is with him. But if he does, and if he does take that next step, and again, this is a guy I look around. He's plus four thousand, is consensus. At fox Bett it's plus six thousand, So there, I would definitely just do a little taste at that point. But again, realistically it's Cohl or Bieber, and I would side with Bieber overcall like.
Speaker 1: You with amazing. I think about Gi Alito. Heavity's stuck on that national's rotation, and they didn't deal him for Adam Eaton. How different things might be here? And now, I mean, really, you know, I talked about it the other day on another show here, which is if you think it back to that, if you know, Anthea and Don probably would have stayed, they would have paid him as so as Strasbourg if they had Gilito, and that would have been a far better investment. But they dealt three pitching prospects for Adam Eaton. I just yeah, all right, National League Cy Young plus four to twenty five for Jacob Degroma. Are we still in the d gram window? Well? Vegas seems to think so. Trevor Bauer plus seven hundred, No, thanks, I just can't do it. It's a good odd too, it really is. Seven to one is nice. Max Scherzer plus nine to fifty is also very intriguing. Walker Buehler at ten to one, at plus one thousand, you Darvish is at plus twelve hundred. This is the one I like the most. I'm sicking with this, you Darvish narrative. I just think people don't realize that, you know, and sometimes people get tired of voting for the same guy. And if you Darvish really hasn't Like Let's say you Darvish wins twenty games and his peripherals are similar to de Gram and de Grom wins sixteen. They're gonna give it to you, Darvish, because winning twenty games in twenty twenty one is hard. It is a hard thing to do. I don't look at Nola or Snell. I mean, I know you're a Snell guy, Strasbourg or even Charlie Mood. I think these are all just long shots. I think it's de Groam. I think Scherzer is going to get into that conversation. But at the end of the day, I think Darvish and deGrom is where I would kind of spend my money. How do you see National League SciTE young working out?
Speaker 2: I think de Gram should be like a shorter favorite.
Speaker 1: I think he should be at least like three to one or under like I'm you know, and you can find plus three point fifty at FanDuel for him. That's about Yeah, you know, that's as bad as it gets bad as it gets there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the consensus line is four twenty five. That's where it is at most it's crazy, there's value on that. De Gram is the obvious choice because I mean, not only has he shown no slippage in his performance, but he looks better than ever, like he's just going going. And you know, you think about a guy like de Grom, who again was not a pitcher originally, he does. He was injured, so he doesn't have a ton of miles on his arm. He could have several years left of this. He's just so much better than the field wings on, so I would go with him. I don't hate Darvish whatsoever. I do like Snell as well, which you know, again we have seen the upside of Snell, so I do like him. And again I don't mind Morton at twenty two hundred because I do think that again, innings are gonna make a difference. Is here. I expect a guy like Morton who was injured last year, but when you saw his velocity come back in the postseason, you saw his performance come back as well, maybe the last year of his career. They're gonna let him pitch as much as he can, so if he is able to get out there with one hundred and seventy one hundred and eighty innings, because what's the need to save Charlie Morton and he does get back to what he does best, he's got a shot there. But realistically, to Gram at plus four twenty five, there's massive amounts of value on that still at this point, and he would be the real guy. If I only had one pick to make, it would be that.
Speaker 1: All right. Moving on to the Rookie of the Year in the American League, Randy Rose Arena my goodness, plus three point fifty the consensus top. I am fading this so hard. I'm just fading it all together. Jared Kelnick is plus one thousand, wander Franco plus one thousand. I do think you're gonna see Wander Franco this year. But Andrew Vaughan at plus eleven consensus, by the way, you can get him at plus twenty to one on places like bet MGM. Yeah, oh my goodness, he's gonna be playing for day one. This is to me one of my favorite things we're gonna talk about today, because Andrewon's gonna get the abs. He's gonna be there from day one. He's got a ton of line up support. It's Andrew Vaughan I'm sorry, and if it's not, I'll take the heat on it. Yep, but mis has been terrible, Pearson's hurt. Rutchman and Malcastle play for the Orioles, and I just don't think they're gonna really make that kind of a big jump. And I like kirol Off, but he's not gonna be starting day one. Interesting McKenzie is a nice pitcher to me, it's Andrew Vaughn and stand back and Wander Franco is probably the higher rated prospect, and he should be. But Andrew Vaughn I think is the best set up this year to win Rookie of the Year.
Speaker 2: Absolute agree. I mean he's going to start the year in the majors almost certainly. I mean, as we record this, I don't know if that's been officially announced yet. But he's been playing the outfield as well, which apparently he's not terrible at, which is a little surprising to me. That's awesome. That is awesome, bar true, the bar exceptionally low. Lo He is gonna play and he can hit, I mean, without a doubt heating it. I have no doubt that he's gonna end the Major so at plus eleven hundred yeah, there is. And again you mentioned it, bet mg M plus two thousand all day long. I love that, I will. I don't mind, Kira lof you mentioned it. He is not starting in the majors. I did not expect him to start in the majors this year. They'll buy the extra year of control. He also made it easier for them. But the fact that he had a terrible spring, but his minor league track record shows.
Speaker 1: That he can't play.
Speaker 2: It's Jake Cave and left field. They're going to need to win to be able to keep up with the White Sox, so I think he's going to be up in like three weeks.
Speaker 1: Would Jake Cave sound like a like a fake singer from a Disney Channel show? Like I just felt, I don't know, like.
Speaker 2: Wherever you were, wherever you were going with that, I was going to find it humorous because you could go anywhere you want with Jake.
Speaker 1: Color's Jake Cave. He's the coolest guy on campus.
Speaker 2: So whatever he is, he's going to be. He's going to be out of a job in three weeks as my guess. And I think ki av hit as soon as he gets there. But he is not good defensively either. So again I think it's Vonn because you know you've got it. But at plus two thousand, I wouldn't mind taking a shot at Kilof as well.
Speaker 1: All right, So let's close things out here at National League Rooki of the Year, could Brian Hayes a plus three fifty the favorite, which is yep, I'm fine with this. It's good. It's fine. Six Do Sanchez a plus five hundred. I love six Do Sanchez, but I don't know if this is where I want to go. Dylan Carlson is plus seven hundred, and then wait, Ian Anderson plus seventy fifty. You gotta be kidding me. Ian Anderson's a brave Have we not seen how many brave rookiy of the Years we've had in our lifetime? I mean, look, you want to build a narrative. This is a good team. It's going to be winning probably ninety plus games, and Ian Anderson is gonna be a big part of it. So as much as I love the talent of Cabrian Hayes, Ian Anderson is my wager here. If you want to look past this, you're looking at Joey Barton, Pasha and Tyler Stevenson and Hassy Young Kim hasn't hit a damn thing this spring, and Spencer Howard is already sent down. Same thing with Gore. So like to me, it's Ian Anderson. If you want to make a case for Dylan Carlson or Cabrian Hayes, the floor is yours. But I'm gonna go with the pitcher.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Ian Anderson is my favorite at plus seven to fifteen, and again we both like him. We do a lot of fantasy work, and you know when you do that, you really have to dig in to all of these pitchers, and it just again we I think we both had the same feeling on him, which is when we started sort of our preparation for the twenty twenty one baseball season, we did not like Ian Anderson, and by the time we were done with it, we loved Ian Anderson. Now there is a bottom out situation here, for sure. He struggles with the control. His control isn't great the spring, but still he's really really good in the Braves rotation at plus seven to fifty. I like it. The only other one I would I would take a shot on is the favorite Cobrian Hayes because I'm I'm actually a pretty big Cabrian Hayes.
Speaker 1: And worry about the lack of line of protection.
Speaker 2: Right, But I don't think that matters nearly as much when you're talking about one of these individual awards that's not an MVP award.
Speaker 1: MVP no, no. I mean to support him having good stats, because when you take away all the lineups likes no Marte, there's no Josh Bell.
Speaker 2: That lineup is abysmal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lineup is abysmal. And I wonder about that because when the young kid does he start to go fishing when they don't throw many fastballs anymore. That's why I can, Sir Brian Hayes, that's it.
Speaker 2: I think you know it's possible, but he certainly didn't last year, which was you know, the lineup wasn't quite as bad, but it was pretty bad. And I do I like his talent. I like sort of the stack cast ata that I saw. That makes me think. But it's true, when you are a young player and you are in a team that is absolutely terrible and you're the only hitter that can really do some damage, had chances or you're not gonna see some great pitches, and that might make you a little impatient, But at plus three fifty, I'm still willing to take the shot. I agree though that Ian Anderson at plus seven to fifty is my favorite. The only the other thing I do love six do Sanchez as well, But he's gonna start the year in you know, the either the alternate inside of the miners or whatever it is, just to build up, So it's going to be really difficult to see him topping like maybe one hundred and forty innings this year. They're gonna be careful with them. So for me, that takes me off of him at plus five hundred much prefer Anderson at plus seven fifty.
Speaker 1: That's where they keep Dan and myself when we're not doing shows. It's the alternate site. That's the place they put us away and then they dust us off for a show whenever they need us here over at betting Pros. So again I go to bettingpros dot com. You could take a look at all these futures that we're talking about. Everything's on here, Dan, anything else to mention here before he close things out here today from Betting Pros.
Speaker 2: Just that I'm so incredibly excited to get started for the MLB season. By the way, if you haven't joined discourse okay, which is our free it's betting pros dot com slash chat. If you follow Matt's Parral's Daily Juice podcast, you're probably already in there. But Betting pros dot Com slash Chat, it's a bunch of people who talk about sports betting. And there are different channels, and there's an MLB betting channel. I'm gonna be in there all season long. I'm gonna be giving out bets per you know, maybe not on every single day, but most days I'm gonna be doing it. I'm gonna be talking. I mean, just just come talk about some betting.
Speaker 1: Where can everybody get in there?
Speaker 2: Bettingpros dot com, slash chat, c h at slash chat free to enter. It's got over. We just passed five thousand members in there. Wow, it's awesome. Yeah, it's great. A lot of people like to talk about sports betting. It's fantastic again, and you meet a lot of people, by the way, Not only that, there are a lot of like really sharp people in there, and if you're new to sports betting, especially, you can learn a lot. You learn a lot about the way a lot of different people, and there's every I mean, we have an esports betting channel, right you have, you have every single anything you want to bet on. Going there again, totally free betting pros dot Com, slash check.
Speaker 1: All right, that'll do it for us, But the story of the game goes on for Dan Harris. I'm Joe Pizzapia. We'll see you next time. Kids,