Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Don't be a Trendous to South Central while drinking your juice in the hood.
Speaker 2: Mmm. I think it's from Johnny Davis.
Speaker 1: Johnny Davis from the Discord classic film what's your favorite like spoof film? Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, uh, probably I love men in tights?
Speaker 1: Mm hmm what else?
Speaker 2: Hot Shots?
Speaker 1: Part do hot Shots? I feel like hot Shots is due for resurgence, right, there's.
Speaker 2: Just one part where I remember Charlie Sheen.
Speaker 3: There's a box of bullets and he just throws them at these guys like in a fight scene, and like it's like.
Speaker 1: He shot them, shot them. Yeah, this is great, This is great. It's also funny that he did steroids to get like jacked like Rambo for a spoof film. Yeah, exactly, he was so yoked all of a sudden.
Speaker 3: Then there's Dude Loaded Weapon one National Lampoon's Loaded Weapons.
Speaker 1: One with Emilio and Sam Jackson.
Speaker 2: Who that one's bad man.
Speaker 3: This is actually my favorite kind of film where like these parody spoof films, and then like all the naked gun all the.
Speaker 1: Naked Yeah, yeah, those are all great. Not another teen movie I think is a hidden gym it like came out in the course of like it has the same title as like those ones that are like dance movie or you know, epic movie, and I think people sometimes associate it with that. But it's got some good bits. Okay, all right, anyways, I'm Jack. That's miles. These are some things that are trending on this Thursday, June eighth. Starbucks is shifting to nugget ice.
Speaker 2: Is that good? I think we knew that.
Speaker 1: But Salon dot Com interviewed an ice expert on what this means, and I guess just generally nugget ice is becoming more popular because from the consumer side, it's soft, it's chewy, it's like easy to chomp on, and then in the hospital, yeah, and then on the company side you can just dump shitloads of it in there and your products. Yeah, it dilutes the hell out of your product. Like somebody's getting a nice bump, a nice bonus for coming up with this idea. Right on the Starbucks side.
Speaker 3: Always it because like it's so porous too. It probably just melts way quick. It melting like immediately.
Speaker 1: This ice experts that a lot of people absolutely love the soft, chewy ice, like you get it sonic, and in the hospital it seems to absorb some of the liquid poured over it. So even after you first finish your drink, you can wait a couple of minutes and get another few SIPs of your beverages. The ice melts, yeah, and then in a few more minutes you basically have a glass of water to drink. So it's good for hydration.
Speaker 3: They don't talk about the part that it also makes your like like that would be like I remember when that plays Lemonade opened up in La Yeah, like, and everybody's like their lemonade's so good.
Speaker 2: I was onto them real quick. I was like, no ice in that.
Speaker 3: Fucking cup, because I'll put eighty percent fucking ice in there. I want my whole fucking twenty whatever ounces of lemonade before I walk out here.
Speaker 2: I'm not paying for a fucking sixty percent ice, right.
Speaker 1: The detractor's argument that he cites is the dice will water down the coffee too quickly, and so you might want to ask for concentrated coffee. Can I get that two x concentrated?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 1: Thanks?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Because then now, wow, that's actually more genius, because they're not gonna be like, well, we don't have one unless you want to add a shot for more money, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it cook this over a spoon for me, right yeah, get.
Speaker 3: It some dialysis I can use to tie off. Yeah, but that is my thought. My initial thought is just like that's like I think the point of ice is to cool the beverage, but not to turn the beverage into a different beverage. No, no, no, you know that's why I respect places like coffee water, like those like you go to the Asian like Bulba tea spots or like milk tea spot like they have.
Speaker 2: They'll be like how much ice you want because they know already.
Speaker 3: Like even if you do like on like a mobile order to pick it up or whatever, that you can still be like.
Speaker 2: I want twenty percent ice. Thank you though for asking, because I know I want my money's worth.
Speaker 1: The slowest melting ice is the like sphere, right, like you get it, like the super high end bar. It's like the perfect sphere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think, right now, that's like one I was I've been looking for the longest time.
Speaker 2: Like my refrigerator is so old that it has like an.
Speaker 1: Eight track player in it that I want the most expensive refrigerator in nineteen seventy eight.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, man as a disco ball on the top.
Speaker 1: Shit.
Speaker 3: It's fucking wild and has like a little pop out tray so you can just snort cocaine off of it while you're making your children's dinner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cigarette lighter that comes out until you can light up as you're like cooking.
Speaker 3: It's just like on the door because you're busy. You can just like lean your face on the refrigerator door and light a cigarette.
Speaker 2: But for real, I've been looking.
Speaker 3: I was like, my whole thing is like I want to wait till there's a fucking refrigerator that makes nugget ice, because like I would like that, but I feel like no company is doing that because they're cowards, and like the only thing that you can get, Like there are refrigerators though that make that fancy sphere ice, And I'm like, I'm not drinking like whiskey on the rocks or something all day, and like I want some sponge shit to chew on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would like put sphere ice in like a thing of diet coke, for sure. I would gladly do that.
Speaker 2: That's a good look.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the the ice shaker is you know, the the thing that like bartenders use where they like shape it over their shoulders. Like that's a underrated implement, even if you're not drinking booze, like that thing will cool your drink immediately no matter what. Yeah, it's it's nice. I highly recommend coke or you know, usually probably better for a flat beverage. Okay, all right, here's one we're not sure what to think about, but it's out there. People are thinking about it. There's a new study that finds that splenda is geno toxic.
Speaker 2: So it's toxic to people named geno.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, only people named gene breaks a part of your DNA, which is bad. Okay in my good right that mutations to your mutagenicity. Call me old fashioned, but I don't like stuff that is genotoxic and breaks apart my DNA, right yeah, because damaged DNA can reform into cancer. So there's also the Calorie Control Council, which you know is probably I think is a front group for the companies that manufacture like splenda and artificial sweeteners.
Speaker 4: They're like, nah, yeah, they're the lobbying body that represents low and reduced calorie The entire low and reduced calorie food and beverage industry.
Speaker 3: It's their whole exists there, their reason to lift there, that's on debt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I don't know like all the ins and outs of this one, Like even the there's a study that nutri suite or like equal you know, the stuff that.
Speaker 2: That that particular got me hooked on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the thing that was in all the fake sugar products in the nineties and stuff like that got a reputation for being carcinogenic. But then there was like, you know, because the news cycle was a lot flower back then, like years later, there was a backlash where scientists were like, actually, the amount of like equal packets you would have to consume to get the levels that they were giving to the labratt you would have to be like using a pickup truck to transport the equal to your mouth house like every day. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just like the idea of it, just a dump truck just like unloading it onto your face. Yeah, and then you look like a Tony Montana of the nutrient suite. But yeah, I mean it's interesting that they are though of course they're going to say this is that's not true because they have their own you know, like any lobbying group, they come after academics and things that say things like that. But this is why I think we're a bit dubious here, because when you search this about like you know, splendid being genotoxic, it's only conservative or like you know, places like the New York Post, Metro in the UK Newsweek like these kind of like not not I would say, not the most serious journalistic outlets publishing the story and like, but other like news networks aren't, which you feel like they would normally. That's what I'm saying, Like, is the Calorie Control Council basically getting in their homies ears over at Fox and all these other places like this network of conservative sort of news and being like, hey man, can you put the thing out about how that low calorie shit will kill you and make you a mutant? Right?
Speaker 1: Thank you?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 1: You mean like I feel like the sugar industry might be getting.
Speaker 3: In yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah yeah actually could well no, they did get word from that, yeah exactly, I'm sorry, the sugar industry exactly.
Speaker 2: Who It's like, oh God, what an l for you if you take that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's like I I guess I never like when I was younger, I didn't think of the Council of Dairy Farmers. I wasn't like they're a big organization that like has the media arm that like controls and like creates propaganda and stuff. These got milk ads are just they just like came about naturally.
Speaker 2: Yeah, was asking the questions beg the question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, like when you read about how the dairy industry has been able to like control messaging around milk and cheese and like all those things and be like they're healthy folks, and like how that contradicts science. So sugar is a massive industry, right, and a lot of slavery, of slavery people being harmed increasingly over in like the past five decades. So it just feels like, well, we'll need to kind of put a pin in this one and see like what what the fallt is. But bignything sounds bad, Big sugars.
Speaker 3: I got my eye on you, because I mean it's the reason we fucking annexed Hawaii, you know what I mean? Like, yeah, all sugar like always can lead to some weird fucked up is when you look at the history.
Speaker 1: But yeah, do you. I also like, don't fuck with like splendid, like the the newer like sugar alternative products. Like I had a yogurt the other day and I was like, oh, this definitely has artificial sweetener in it, and like found it and like the third to last ingredient. But I just like something about it disagrees with me. I'm not sure what it is.
Speaker 3: I don't know because isn't it like does it function techniques like a neurotoxin, because it's it's convincing your brain of something that's like not actually happening.
Speaker 1: I think I'm just really highly sensitive to genotoxins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what everybody's always said about it.
Speaker 2: That's why you test all the president's meals.
Speaker 1: That's right. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back and to complete our food block. I guess is what you realize. Yeah, Pizza Hut is introducing in New York only, limited time only, a pickle pizza that is making people unhappy but actually looks pretty fucking good to me.
Speaker 2: Who's saying they don't like it? You can say it's okay.
Speaker 3: So it's the pickle pizza, spicy dill pickles, Nashville Hot chicken and ranch.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, there's me. I mean it's like Buffalo chicken pizza. My only complaint with Buffalo chicken pizza is the red onions sometimes get like stringium fucked up. But for the most part, a combination of cheese, buffalo chicken, and breeches like any or or ranch like that goes very hard my book. Adding pickles, like replacing the stringy red onions with pickles, sounds good to me. Assuming and this is something that I feel like they need to specify in their marketing materials, assuming the pickles are added after the bake, right, I don't want you putting I've never had baked pickles before. I can't imagine like that is a food that that particularly well, just like hot ass and like also like dehydrated gummy pickles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've had I've had a pizza with frickles on it, like fried sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and that would create a membrane that would make it okay.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think in my book otherwise it's yeah, I mean, I'm I'm I'm fine with this, you know. I think I think it's funny though too, Like all the comments that we're reading about again a launching, they're launching it in New York City, where people New York. Hey, man, I've been there before. Man it smells like weed everywhere, first of all, So that's why I will never go back, because it's a how to control blue city. But like, but yah, but there, y'all are militant about pizza over there because that's like your ship. So I think coming in with some weird ship is not the right environment to introduce a pizza like this. That feels like a transgression to like the New York pizza scene, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, I feel like.
Speaker 3: If this ship dropped in California or like a place where everybody's TiO or yeah, I don't even know, I don't know. I can even see Chicago people being like, now, what the fuck is this?
Speaker 2: Man? We got our own shit.
Speaker 3: Like I think a place like La or the West Coast, you'd have a little more people like yo, dude, the fucking pizza pickle pizza is pretty bomb.
Speaker 2: I feel like you may have just made a mistake with where you launched it.
Speaker 1: But whatever, this is our equivalent of like doing like lobbying is we just coming in and we're like, you should have launched this in LA actively. It should have been better for your Yeah, all right, getting into some harder news, gummy pickley news, the Supreme Court is doing a weird job of like vacillating between total fascist bullshit and then kind of doing good things every once in a while. And you just gotta kind of good thing.
Speaker 3: They decided that because there's the most fucked up violent redistrict I mean fucking everywhere, but in Alabama, especially in a state that's twenty seven percent black, they jerrymannered the fuck out of that voting map, so there's only one majority black district. And so people sued, got all the way to the Supreme Court, and the Court was like, oh, yeah, man, y'all, that's that's fucked up. Y'all gonna have to create at least one more majority black district. This is this is, this is infringing on their rights. Five four ruling with Brett Kavanaugh joining the Libs.
Speaker 2: Wow. So I'm like, damn, what the fuck? What's wrong with y'all? Over there?
Speaker 3: One minute you're like, if you go on strike to better your own situation, we are siding with the companies and they're loss of profit in this one, so they can sue you to fucking high hell for damages.
Speaker 2: But then they're like, but also, yeah, we care about the.
Speaker 3: Down trodden in this representative democracy because like we've seen what y'all did with the Voting Rights Act before.
Speaker 2: Like I'm sorry, is it UCI Wally or is it one mic brand? As Jay Z once said, where are you Supreme Court? Do you know what you're doing? Or is again? I think this is just part of their.
Speaker 3: Like panicked optics safety routine, and I think they recognize that neither party is giving anyone anything to vote for that will change any of this, any of the things that actually matter when it comes to you know beforementioned workers'.
Speaker 1: Rights and stuff like that. So yeah, they're like, yeah you can vote. Yeah, yeah, no, sure, that's that's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, go ahead, check out those maps.
Speaker 2: But yeah, because I think in before they also they didn't know.
Speaker 3: I think there was another decision that went against voters in Alabama before.
Speaker 2: So it's very unpredictable.
Speaker 1: It's very unpredictable where they're what side of the bed they're going to wait, highly unpredictable. All right. The Anatomical Gift Association is a story the super producer Brian brought across our desks that is fucked up scary. So they're an organization that, you know, takes cadavers for scientific research, you know, for people to work on for like medical reasons, scientific reasearch, et cetera.
Speaker 2: So one of the people who worked there, this black man, he.
Speaker 3: Was saying that the fucking conditions in this place were horrifying.
Speaker 2: He said, if you stood in one place for too long.
Speaker 3: Like your feets start to stick to the ground, and like the bodies were not stored properly, they're melting and shit. So once he sort of made this complaint and reported his concerns, he said, quote Wheatley said, he came into the office with three severed heads in a container on his desk with like sage burning.
Speaker 1: He found that that was waiting for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was waiting for him. He said.
Speaker 3: They said that the heads from these AGA donors were placed next to his desk after he reported concerns about the mishandling and poor conditions of donated bodies to his supervisors. But AGA Executive vice president William O'Connor denied any maltreatment accusation, saying that handling body parts is in Wheatley's job description. Wow, holy shit, what that's okay? Well, I thought that's what you liked so much. Wasn't that what your complaint said? You liked doing this because you care about him.
Speaker 2: So much, you shouldn't mind if there's three severed heads on your desk. We even put stage there to like give it good vibes.
Speaker 1: Man, what the fuck? Man?
Speaker 3: So yeah, fuck display, that's like just a fucked up story. Uh, someone again, you try and point something out of your workplace and then they're literally doing the Godfather shit to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Also, anatomical gift association is just like that. It sounds like a euphemism for sex toys.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, give yourself an anatomical gift. That's what I'm that's I feel like they would have called like a dildo in the Bible, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: But they called it a male idol, as we learned in a recent episode. And finally, Tucker is back in the news because Fox sent him a legal notice that he is violating his non compete clause by doing his little vlog bullshit on Twitter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, yeah, fucking non compete clause was obviously but because you know that's that's obviously anti worker, but also like but also fucked Tucker Crossing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's nice.
Speaker 3: We were talking about how low brow, how low budget his set looked, and that's like the reaction a lot of people had and pointed to, like all the money that he has to go into it, but uh, it's it's just wild when you see him, like without his set and stuff, he it just looks like Matt Walsh or like one of these other fucking like kind of not in the main like sort of broadcast media version of someone's rendition of just doing white supremacy on the internet. Yeah, and like the writing, it feels like he's missing his writers because he just came in and was like.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's Tucker, here's the thing, here's the thing that just happened.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised he didn't go, hey it's Sucker Carlson.
Speaker 1: Yeah what else. It had the vibes of like one of those right wing podcasts that are like three and a half hours long, but it was all ten minutes. That's all he could get out of It was ten minutes.
Speaker 3: It anyways, again another one of those shitty battles where you're like Fox News and Tucker, what side do you want?
Speaker 2: I don't know, doubleko.
Speaker 1: Maybe yeah yeah, all right. Those are some of the things that are trending on this Thursday afternoon. We are back tomorrow with the whole ast episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, get your flu shots, get all the shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk to you all tomorrow. Bye bye,