Speaker 1: From Mahard.
Speaker 2: We're Innovation, Money and Power Collie in Silicon Vallet NBN.
Speaker 3: This is Bloomberg Technology with Caroline Hyde and Ed lud.
Speaker 4: Love now from New York and San Francisco. This is Bloomberg Technology in selection day and the tech policies and implications that you need to know about. On the last day of voting.
Speaker 5: Class Palenteer shares jump as it posts record profit and made unwavering AI demand and Apple.
Speaker 4: I's smart glasses. We discussed the internal study code named Atlas as it follows Snap and Meta's lead. But first we check in on these markets as people head in person to the polls. We're currently up nine ten percent on the NASDAK. Big tech leading the charge today in Vidiar Tesla on the higher side, and really it is big tech that also drives from an earnings perspective. And what are you watching on the.
Speaker 5: Micro Yes, straight to Palenteer shares up twenty three percent in the session, on track for their biggest jump since February of this year, trading at an all time high. What's astonishing, It's like out of nowhere. This is a company with one hundred and fourteen billion dollar market gap and it's all on revenue in the court have gone a little more than seven hundred million dollars, but the narrative incredibly clear, unwavering AI demand from corporate America and from the public sector as well. Let's get right to Palenteer with Mandique Singh of Bloomberg Intelligence. Where would you like to start, Mandeep, I mean, the story of Palenteer is a long term one. It's continued with this momentum for a while. What jumped out from its earnings print for.
Speaker 3: You, Yeah, I mean the government segment growing forty percent here in the US, and it is on the back of, you know, some connection that they have found with implementing llms. I mean, everyone is looking have ways to deploy, you know, whether it's GPT, Gemini or Meta Lama, and to Palenteer's credit, they found the right pivot when it comes to integrating the data the ontology that they have with these llms. And I think that's why you're seeing that especially a strong momentum on the government side, but also defense tech companies on the commercial side. I think in the US they've done particularly well because of their you know, data lineage and the fact that they have done so well over the years in terms of you know, ontology.
Speaker 4: What's interesting, of course, your note that you put out is saying, perhaps there was a rush to spend budget that was happening from the US government perspective, from your mind's eye. Therefore many have they diversified enough to ensure that they've got the private sector where they want it to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, look, we are in an environment of heightened geopolitical tensions and that has traditionally benefited talent.
Speaker 1: Heer.
Speaker 3: I'm a little leary of you know, their momentum on the international side, given its still thirty percent plus of their business, and that's where you see a tapering of growth, given how controversial the CEO can be at times. And look, when it comes to software companies, you want to show recurring revenue. That's why the cloud names have fetched, you know, premium multiples over the year. Palentier currently trades at a premium multiple. So it comes down to can they sustain this momentum, And I think that's where international is key, which I'm not sure they can sustain that kind of momentum.
Speaker 4: Technically, the shares a riverboard if you're looking at the relative strength index mandate. It's saying of BlueBag intelligence brings us the fundamentals there. But look, let's get back to what the day is. It is Election day, it is here in the US, and the polling continues to show that race as close as any in modern history. You bring it back to Katie lines and joins us at the start of a marathon of a day, and Katie, just bring us up to speed with what we should be looking at right here, right now.
Speaker 6: Well, really, this is going to come down to turn out that probably will surprise no one. But with the margins this type consistently in polling, it really is going to be about who can convince voters to get off the couch today and vote for them. No longer is it about convincing them to vote for either Donald Trump or Kamala Harris, but instead to get them to vote at all. And I would keep in mind that millions of Americans have already done so. As of this morning, more than eighty three million people had already cast their vote, and the electorate in total those eligible to vote is only two hundred and forty four millions, So it would be a question of how much of that electorate actually shows up today when they go to the polls, and of course it is seven states where the turnout is going to matter most. Those battlegrounds in the Rust Belt and in the Sun Belt are what the candidates have been zeroing in on. It's why Kamala Harris meant her entire day yesterday in Pennsylvania, which has nineteen electoral votes. Donald Trump spending some time in North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Michigan as they race today to get to two hundred and seventy. And I would just warn our audiences it may be the case that we will not know who gets two hundred and seventy electoral votes, not today, not tomorrow, It could potentially take days.
Speaker 5: Kaylee, thank you for your reporting. Just incredible command of the data, which is so important in this tight race. Both candidates kind of had closing pitches or remarks last night. Where do we leave things in both the Trump camp and the Harris camp.
Speaker 6: Well, we heard similar things from Kamala Harris, which is that she wants to essentially turn the page on what she is referred to as a dark era in American politics for the past decade in which Donald Trump has been involved in presidential campaigns over what has now been three cycles. She reiterated she wants to chart a new way forward for Donald Trump. He is basically trying to make himself the change candidate in this race. Suggests that Kamala Harris, as part of this Biden administration, which in many ways has been unpopular, especially with its handling of the economy, shows that the country needs to move on. He described that the country cannot take four more years of what he referred to last night as gross incompetence. Now they both are no longer in battleground states as we speak, Donald Trump should be voting anytime now. In his home state of Florida. He is still allowed to do so, even though he was a convicted fell and convicted in New York. But New York law dictates a convicted felon can still vote. Therefore, Florida recognizes that he will be able to cast a vote for himself today. Kamala Harris meantime, is at home in DC at the Naval Observatory, and she will be heading to Howard University, her alma mater, for her election night party this evening. Because at this point there's really nothing left either of them can do. The closing arguments have been made, The ground game has been working for months now, and we all just have to wait for the tally to come in.
Speaker 5: Bloomberg's Katie Lynes, thank you very much. Let's get the market's perspective and bringing in Anna Ruthman of CBIZ Investment Advisory Services. Equity markets are higher, big tech, well megacap tech stocks are kind of leading the way voting is underway. What does that tell you, Anna?
Speaker 1: If anything, I think the markets are ready for this election to be over and for some of the uncertainties that have been present and leading up to this day to be over. And I think there's a lot of excitement about that. But depending on who wins and depending on what Washington looks like, there are some issues that may be facing tech. And that's on the regulatory side. So if I'm taking a look at what might be lying ahead, I mean, of course these things can change. There's three I would put them in three buckets. One is that things that are pretty known that Washington is a consensus on, and that one thing is national security, and so for the semiconductor industry and AI development, I would really look at that and say that may be a challenge, especially when we're talking about importing and exporting things from China. Undoing some of that global supply chain is going to be a challenge there in creating less reliance on China. The other is antitrust issues if we look at and that's the unknown, right, So if we look at potential hairs administration, we've seen Biden administration be not as friendly Trump administration. I think there's assumption that they're going to be more friendly, especially with Republican Party, but it's not always the case.
Speaker 2: Because we have a case while.
Speaker 1: Trump was president between twenty sixty and twenty twenty, everybody remembers time order and at serprise, right.
Speaker 5: So just real quick, we're kind of zeroed in on this presidential race. But of course the composition of Congress will have an impact, and I think in particular about if you're talking about regulation artificial intelligence, but also electric vehicles, right, the standing impact of the IRRA and any changes that might ad that. How do you model for that? Please?
Speaker 2: On the EB side?
Speaker 1: Sure, on the EB side, I think there is there's what we established as what Congress would want, right, But so if you have a democratic sweep it's going to look one way. If you have a Republican sweep, it's going to look another way. But I think American people have sort of spoken through sales. I mean, if we look at Tesla for example, I mean, Tesla did really well, but in terms of volume, sales was down.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 2: If you look at.
Speaker 1: Ford and GM, their EV sales were down. So I don't know if Washington is going to continue to demand, depending on who, especially for the Democratic Party, continue to demand that kind of regulation, but the American people might just not be for it. So I'm not entirely sure if it's going to shake out the way we might project.
Speaker 8: Tesla.
Speaker 4: Of course, one of the leading points contributors to the NASDAC on the day at least Anna the leading is in Nvidio, And I just want to ask you a little bit more about the semiconductor industry and what you're trying to factor in in terms of future policy there, whether it be with China, whether it be building here in the US.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think with AI, that's the national security bit that I was talking about before. I think the building here in the US, it's going to take a very long time. So I think that we're not going to see that tomorrow or next year, or frankly even in the next four years, whoever is.
Speaker 2: The president, what Washington might look like.
Speaker 1: So I think with Nvidia and AI, the chips and the important export controls, that's going to be a big topic probably for the next ten to fifteen years.
Speaker 4: Have you been worried in any way about potential change? Of course, when it comes to the subsidies, the support here in the US for the chip sector building in the US, has that changed any of your investment assumptions?
Speaker 2: It doesn't worry us.
Speaker 1: I mean again, this is going to take a long time. It actually makes us excited because it actually takes the risk of relying too much on Taiwan and South Korea and it brings it in here. But now that also then you have to question is that going to increase the cost of production here because it is essentially a little more expensive to make things here, And that actually opens up the door to other discussions here that may not be tech related per se, but everyone who uses.
Speaker 4: Tech and indeed monetary US see related if we are indeed talking about inflationary pressure. Anna Rathman, so good to have you on this day. Ciba's investment advisory services. Meanwhile, we want to keep an eye on other chip related stocks today because the key contributor to the downside in terms of points on the nurse at one hundred is NXP Today. Why it's earnings, and we saw overall that it was underwhelming, to say the least, with forly the most it's July issues with the car industry in particular, we saw the fourth quarter sales and earnings forecast disappointing because that slowed down in automotive customers and indeed a weak industrial demand too.
Speaker 5: Okay, coming up from the show details and the survival of Elon Musk's million dollars sweet steaks, that's next. This is Bloomberg Technology, a legal win for Elon Musk as a Pennsylvania judge rejected a request to halt his daily one million dollar sweep stakes, which is run by Mosqu's pro Donald Trump America pack Bluebers Crystal match on the ground for us and Chris, I think we've covered this over the course of a number of days or weeks, and at the heart of it was what is the legal issue here? But just bring us the latest of what the judge decided in the moment about the sweepstakes, So yeah, hi.
Speaker 7: The judge had a six hour hearing with the DA of Philly, Larry Krasner on the stand for a few hours and the treasurer of the pack, and almost immediately after decided rejected the DA's request for an immediate order that would have halted the pack. He didn't explain its reasoning. He said he's going to put out an order an opinion momentarily.
Speaker 8: That will explain its reasoning. But the DA has.
Speaker 7: Intended that the giveaway violated state lottery laws and also on consumer protection laws because it wasn't protecting the confidential personal information of the people who won the prize the pack. He contended that it actually wasn't a lottery at all. It was actually these people were given employment contracts for their time as spokespersons for the pack, and they kind of said they were being put through the ringers, so that's what they were being compensated for. And in fact, the treasurer of the pack said on the stand that he was surprised to hear Eli call it a random giveaway because he said it wasn't. These people were being compensated for their time, so that.
Speaker 4: Leads us precisely where Chris, because I suppose there's more transparency on actually what this is all about and sort of paid spokespeople. But ultimately we're off the hope from a legal perspective for the most part.
Speaker 7: Now, the DA continue to pursue damages, and he made it clear that he was going to seek more money. I mean, this is an emergency injunction motion. So and for the most part, like you said, it's kind of moot that the giveaway is over. They they're weren't going to give away any more money. So Elon last week tried to get this move to federal court.
Speaker 8: This is why it took so long.
Speaker 7: The GA only filed this dude a week ago, and as were supposed to have you hearing on Thursday. That get canceled when Elon tried to move it to federal court and then it got punting back to state court. So for the most part, this lawsuit is kind of over for the moment, and Elon was kind of victorious, even though oftensibly, you know, he lost his attempt to move it out of court.
Speaker 4: In both Crystal Match on the latest we thank you now look Silicon Valley Heavyweights such as in Noamusque. It made a significant impact on this year's US election. But our next guest says, text involvement began long before the twenty twenty four decision. Let's bring in no like technology and geopolitics. A fellow at the Harvard Belfa Center, you recently wrote an ophead on this exact topic. Just take us back in history the States, back to the eighties, really the nineties, when technology CEOs really started to make their feelings and money known in politics.
Speaker 9: Hi, Caroline, Yes, our current age of tech really began in the nineteen eighties with the arrival of the desktop computer, and then in the nineteen nineties e commas took off, and now we're in sort of the third act of this age in terms of AI and of course the space phrase. But from the very start, from the nineteen eighties Silicon Valleys players, many of whom are still the same today as they were then. So people like starting with Steve Jobs and right through to Bezos and Mask started becoming politically active in the nineteen eighties and engaging with the government in terms of the kind of changes they wanted for in terms of regulation, investment, and also the idea of government as a customer.
Speaker 4: I suppose what potentially has changed here is that one of them might well take a very leading role in men illustration if indeed Trump does get in and talking about Elon Musk. But moreover, it's sort of we're getting more transparency about their roles. Is that because of the way they're self identifying, or is that because of the age of social media we able to find these things out.
Speaker 9: I think it's because, well, we have people like Elon Musk being sort of particularly flamboyant in terms of their approach. I mean with the million dollar lottery, where there's been so much focus on the million bucks. But actually I think it's great to have that because we are now seeing the power of tech, which was sort of previously I think existed. I mean, the PayPal mafia kind of functioned as very much with the sort of oath of silence or omerta in terms of their political views, and we've seen those actually coming out now and just how much people like Musk can influence narratives, and not just through money, but in terms of how they think about the economy, and of course how Musk has also been thinking about issues like immigration and voter flaud Now, in.
Speaker 5: Your research, have you found specific evidence that an endorsement from a technology leader like Musk, or an appeal from leaders in technology to actually go out and vote translates to that action by the electorate in the voting base.
Speaker 9: I think it does have some impact. The very first Silicon Valley election was took place in nineteen ninety two when Clinton actually went out to woule Silicon Valley because he wanted to the Democrats to be seen as a pro business, pro tech party, and the endorsement that Silicon Valley gave him just I think three weeks ahead of that election did actually help in terms of shifting the mood somewhat. But of course, at that point he was already ahead in the polls. So I think it does help in some in some way in terms of boosting the candidate's credentials, and we've seen that happening this time with both Kamla Harris and Trump lying for Silicon Valley endorsements.
Speaker 5: Now, do you believe that technology is a priority for both campaigns in this election?
Speaker 9: Yes, absolutely, And I think that when we have candidates competing for Silicon Valley votes and endorsements, it means that actually it's a win win for Silicon Valley irrespective of whether it's Trump or Kamala Harris who ends up in the White House.
Speaker 4: I think just broadly, we need to just think about ultimately whether the electorate do you think has that transparency, that knowledge that with endorsements, with hitting the campaign trail, there might well be positives for the companies that they run in the later half of the administration.
Speaker 9: I think all of us are becoming much more aware of the power of big tech. I mean, we've now been living in the age of Tech for the last forty years, so I think, yes, the electorate is beginning to pay more attention and when we have people like Mask making the kind of statements they do, in a way, he's helped add to the need for more transparency and has made that the process more transparent. In fact, inadvertently.
Speaker 5: Like Technology and Geopolitics Research Fellow at the Belfa Center of the Harvard Kennedy School, thank you, welcome.
Speaker 4: Back to BLUEMG Technology. I'm Karine Hyde in New.
Speaker 5: York and I'm ed Loveo in San Francisco.
Speaker 4: It's going to quick check on these markets. We of course see people lining up, willing and wanting to be able to cast their votes today at the election polls. I'm looking at the na's that one hundred up more than one percent. In fact, we're seeing big tech leading the charge Bitcoin on the higher side as well. So see now as some sort of proxy as many feel for potentially a Trump administration coming in and one that has shown significant support of cryptocurrencies here in the United States. But I'm looking at an ecosystem that is led higher on the tech side, also by earnings fundamentals. Palenteers still showing that the AI demand is resilient and in many ways unabound. We're up more than twenty two percent after the numbers are beaten raised for Palenteer particularly strong growth here in the United States. Super microcomputer. Look, we get some numbers after the bell today, but for many it's not going to be about the numbers that they show, and in fact, we are expecting more than two hundred percent increase in their sales for this particular fiscal quarter. But people want to know what an earth is going on with a DOJ investigation, what on Earth happened in terms of them losing their accounting and one on Earth about overall the focus on these businesses and transparency around super microme. Looking at Trump media, so DJJA up fifteen percent seven out of the last eight trading days. ED, we've seen double digit moves, quadruple the volatility that we see for bitcoin. This again a proxy on Trump and a win ED okay.
Speaker 5: A story that broke late last night. Predictions betting platform Polymarket has been paying US based influencers to promote election betting on the site, even though it's barred from letting anyone in the country use the tool to place wages, including on today's presidential race. Bloomberg's Margie Murphy broke the story and joins us, now, what did you learn?
Speaker 10: Yeah, so, I think a lot of people may have seen polymarket across the social media. There's just been a flurry of memes and graphics showing Carmela versus Trump with a landslide to Trump. And so we were we'd heard that Polymarket had been reaching out to US based social media influences saying, look, we'll pay for you know, we want to sponsor any of your political content. And that happened in September and since then that's when we've seen this kind of rise of Polymarket partners, and we learned that basically, even though Polymarket isn't supposed to be targeting a US audience, they're really going for they want the eyeballs from the US, and they've been basically picking up with any social media influencer who's based in the US, not raising any concerns about the fact that their audience is US based, and saying kind of, just go for it, polease, like, flood your audience with adverts for our market and really encouraging people to get on in trade even though technically they're not supposed to be doing that.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about whether or not it is indeed trades they want, or whether or not Polymarket predictions betting platform also brings data for many. Is their counter argument that they just want eyeballs people to come to the service, even if in the US you're barred from making any particular back right.
Speaker 10: So the argument is the poly Market spokesperson said to us, ninety nine percent of people are just coming to the website to view it as a news source for them, and you know, only one percent actually plays trades. And that's interesting because the way that it's been shown on social media the way that influencers explain to us how they were asked to present themselves. It's very much like polling data. So when you look at these social media posts, it looks like you're viewing pole data. So if this one percent who are based outside the US are the ones who are actually making these trades and creating this data, that means you're seeing kind of predictions from people who are outside the US, except it looks like a poll and polling data is not supposed to have information from anyone outside of the US, So it's a little bit manipulative for people who may not understand that it's predictions, Betty, because it just it really doesn't like poll data.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, the ads are viewers, whether they were voting on Trump or Harrison, telling them, don't trust the polls. Trust the market's fascinating story. Go read it, Margai Murphy. We thank you on all things poly markets. Meanwhile, in a presidential campaign marked by what seems amplified devisive rhetoric and rumors, many are working to combat misinformation. Separate fat from fiction. Danielle Lee Thompson so the Center for an Informed Public, which focuses on translating research about misinformation into policy. You join us now, and Danielle, there is a feeling of amplified divisiveness, but is that feeling a reality?
Speaker 2: Good morning, Carolyn, thank you for having me on the show. The truth is, when you're online on social media on election day, it's like trying to drink water from a fire hydrant. There are so many feelings, so much on circuit certainty, so much speculation about what is going on, that it's actually very hard to get a true sense a signal and the noise on a day like today. So that's something that it's hard to tell exactly. We're trying to sip through all of the rumors that are happening to get a sense of what's going on.
Speaker 5: Danielle. We've reported on this program in recent days about how, for example, US cybersecurity officials are trying to re establish some trust with the voting base. Have you any sort of data research study that tells us how in this election, literally today in twenty twenty four, misinformation and voter distrust will be a factor relative to elections in the past.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, So something that we have to understand that is unique about this election in general is that so much of the American public is primed to mistrust election results on the Republican right, so we think of it as kind of like the three c's right now, there are people out there who have convinced the American public that this election won't be safe, although it overwhelmingly by officials it is safe. They encourage folks to go out and collect evidence that there's something wrong happening on election day, and of course, with one hundred and thirty thousand different polling sites in America, there are bound to be irregularities or glitches or altercations, but these have remedies, and then finally people will go out and try to contest the election results or processes or procedures legally or politically after this. So, yes, it is true there is increased mistrust, particularly or predominantly among Republicans. Democrats tend to trust elections, and we're going to see some of that on play out online.
Speaker 5: In twenty twenty, I was in Arizona election in tech or the integrity of voting systems was the issue. Then, what is the issue now today?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Twenty four.
Speaker 2: We've seen a couple of themes emerge in during early voting and during today some of those were around alleged fraudulent voter registration forms. Some of them are alleged glitches in machines that are being extra one small problem being extrapolated into a larger conspiracy theory. So those are some issues that we've seen and that we will continue to see. But it's important to remember that these issues tend to have remedies, and that's a good thing.
Speaker 4: Talking of remedies, you're looking and researching into misinformation and then trying to convert it into policy. Is their future policy that can help tackle this going forward?
Speaker 2: It's a good question. Today we mostly focus on gathering different types of data sets of how rumors spread on platforms that is going to inform policy change, whether that is internal to tech organizations or to government organizations, or also to all the different election officials and boards of elections around the country who want to gain the trust and keep the trust of the American public. So that's what we're focused on today, is getting that data to help those solutions later.
Speaker 5: Danielle Lee Thompson of the University of Washington, thank you very much. Now coming up here on the program, why election interference fears could linger, We speak with a former chief of staff of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, Kiss and Todd, the snacks, the Spoonberg technology.
Speaker 4: Voters heading out to the polls, top of mind is security and alleviating fears of election interference for what could be a hotly tested outcome. Joining us to discuss is Kiss and Todd, former chief of staff for the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, also now president of Creative Agency wander Us and we rely and go to your CASO and cyber readiness expertise here because we understand the misinformation concerns. We were just talking about them with our previous guest. Give us the facts that this is resilient, that we are safe.
Speaker 2: We are safe.
Speaker 11: So while elections themselves are political, election security is not. Election security is national security, and our election officials, our election infrastructure stakeholders have never been more prepared to administer a safe, secure, and resilient election. What's important to note is that after the twenty sixteen election, elections themselves became critical infrastructure, which means that we determined, as a federal government with industry that elections are critical to how we function as a society. Therefore, additional resources have been allocated to all of the state and local officials that are actively prepare, have actively prepared for, and are now administering these elections.
Speaker 4: Can you give us exact details of I mean, resuls is one thing, but actual practices, ways in which we know and can trust in the systems that exist.
Speaker 10: So first of all, we have to look historically.
Speaker 11: So since the beginning of twenty twenty three, the federal government has worked closely with state and local officials to conduct physical assessments of election systems. Importantly, to run almost two hundred exercises that prepare these individuals and these communities in these regions for different scenarios that may come into play. It's also important to note that elections are not connected to the Internet, therefore giving it a different level of resilience. And what's also very critical is that ninety seven percent of registered voters are in jurisdictions with paper records, meaning we have this backup and this resilience for audits, etc.
Speaker 5: Kissen. Last night, US intelligence agencies issued a joint statement that in our reporting we say is unprecedented. Warning the adversaries, Russia being at the forefront of it, has stepped up efforts to disrupt this election, calling on your experience and your time in relevant agencies. Why is that significant, Well, what we know is.
Speaker 11: That our foreign adversaries are absolutely conducting malign influence operations that have two real goals. The first is to undermine the confidence of Americans in our democracy and the second is to sow discord, to just pit Americans against one another when there's actually nothing there. But what is critical about this election is we're seeing the federal government work across agencies to put out these joint announcements and to get this information out as quickly as possible. This is a big difference from where we were in twenty sixteen, twenty eighteen, twenty twenty twenty two. It's improved each year. So actually the more that we hear about this, the better because there is information that we are being able to communicate to voters to say, be aware of this, so that we're creating a more educated electorate.
Speaker 5: Through cybersecurity. What are the biggest vulnerabilities that a voter today, of all days, might face throughout the day. Where is this manifesting itself for everyday people.
Speaker 11: I worry less about cybersecurity. I worry more about just people's confidence in the system. There's never been a more important time for individuals for citizens to believe in the resilience of this nation, to believe in our ability to conduct safe, secure elections, and to be personally resilient. And each voter has accountability and responsibility in this moment to get the right information. State and local election officials are the trusted sources for information. If a voter has any doubt about anything, to go, Typically they're on websites. Vote dot Gov can direct you where to go. But it's really portant that individuals and voters find this information to be secure.
Speaker 5: OK, bear with us. Former President Donald Trump is speaking in Palm Beach, Florida, where he's cast his vote.
Speaker 8: In force, So we'll see how it turns out. But it seems that they have really shown up in force. I just got a call from Dan Patrick in Texas. He said, they've never seen anything like It's been great. Look regrets, you always have regrets. I can't think of any to be honest, to use her expression, I can't think of any Look. I ran a great campaign. I think it was maybe the best of the three. We did great in the first one. We did much better in the second one, but something happened and this was the best. I would say this was the best campaign.
Speaker 1: Were in.
Speaker 12: The possibility that you and Vice President Harris both might not get to two hundred and seventy electoral votes by the end of tonight.
Speaker 8: It should never happen. A thing like that should never happen. This election should be over. They spend all this money on machines, and frankly, if they'd use paper ballots, it would be over by ten o'clock. And by the way, the paper ballots would cost eight percent. It would be eight percent of the cost. If they would use paper ballots, voter ID proof of citizenship and one day voting, it would all be over by ten o'clock in the evening. It's crazy. They use these very expensive computers and they I'm hearing in Pennsylvania they won't have an answer till two or three days from now. I think it's an absolute outrage. If that's the case, well maybe it'll be later. But it's paper ballots. In France they went paper ballots because the mail in was not working. It was corrupt. And in France they went paper ballots, and at ten o'clock in the evening they had thirty seven million votes counted done, they had a winner, they had a loser, and in this country, I mean, I'm just hearing that in certain states, it's going to be a long time and it won't even be close. It won't even be that close. They say I'm going to win the state, but it's going to take a long time to certify.
Speaker 12: Did you see a world where you don't declare victory tonight.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, I'm hearing the same things that you're hearing. I'm hearing states where I'm up by a lot, but they won't have a final number for a long time in terms of watching the results and so forth. So we're going to have a very special group of people, many of whom you know, and they'll be at Marlago. In addition, we'll have four or five thousand people at the convention center on the assumption I win. I mean, I don't know if something else happens. I don't know what's going to happen in terms of declaring victory. But if in normal times, I would go over to the convention center, let's say at ten o'clock or eleven o'clock or something. But I just don't know. Well, it looks like we have a very substantial lead. It looks like we have many more Republicans voting today than Democrats. So if you have a lead and we have a bigger vote, that means you're doing very well. But they have to call a winner. They should, and they should call a winner. Yes, I just stopped talking about that. Go ahead. Oh, I don't know. I was honored to get Joe Rogan last night. I mean, if Joe Rogan's a big deal, is a very respected person. And I must tell you Megan was fantastic. She got up and said some things that were really pretty amazing. But before that, I just think we ran a good campaign. I had good policy. I had. We want people to come into our country, but they have to come in legally. You know. We want strong boarders and we want people to come in. We want to be totally inclusive, but they have to come in. I think that was a big issue. To me, that was the biggest issue. I may be wrong. A lot of people said inflation. Inflation is a disaster, but I think it's a second issue. I think the first is the border. We can't allow criminals to be put back into our country or to be put into our country.
Speaker 3: So you have.
Speaker 8: Thirteen thousand plus murderers allowed to roam in our country, I'm not going to be allowed to have to go. You have drug dealers, you have terrorists, you have a tremendous amount of people that should not be in our country. And we need strong borders in this country. And I think people are voting that. I think it's personally. I think it's a number one issue. We'll see how it pans out, but I think it's a number one issue. I don't have to tell them that. I don't have to tell I don't have to tell them that there'll be no violence. Of course there'll be no violence. My supporters are not violent people. I don't have to tell them then, and I certainly don't want any violence. But I certainly don't have to tell these are great people. These are people that believe in no violence. Unlike your question, you believe in violence. Where would you be going, Well, I think I'll be at mar A Lago for the most part. We have a lot of political professionals. I'm going over now with Malaney, who I'm very proud of. She's got the number one best seller, can you believe that he can believe it. But so we're very proud of the job she's done with that. Your book is number one. But we're going to go over to the office in West Palm and we're going to say a lot of the workers they've worked very hard for your first indication. I think so. I mean, I hear we're doing very well there in Georgia. I hear we're doing very well. I hear we're doing very well everywhere. Now I may be I may regret that statement, but I'm hearing that we're doing very well. Would you go out. I haven't prepared a speech. I did speeches last night, all day long, all night long. At two o'clock in the morning, we left and we did a lot of speeches. You can probably tell no, I don't have to do that. You know, I'm not a Democrat. I'm able to make a speech on pretty quick notice if I win. I know what I'm going to say, and I don't even want to think about the losing part. I would like to tell all of the people that are on line to stay online. We have tremendous Republican lines and I've been asked I actually to say it it takes a while. I'd like to just make the satement that I'd like the Republicans to stay online. Democrats, if they'd like, they can leave, but I like the Republicans to stay online. I have no pressure whatsoever. I'm winning big cases. Those cases are all being one. The biggest case was the Florida case, and it's been one. I appreciate your nice question. No pressure nine for nine years, regardless of what happened tonight. Is this your last campaign?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 8: Are you done after this? I would think so. I would think, so, said said and very fulfilled. I think we're gonna have a very big victory today. Very good, thank you, Thank you. Start transition team. But I don't like talking about that until I find out how we do. I mean, well, it doesn't look we're not looking to do damage to a RAM. But they can't have a nuclear weapon, and say, you know, my terms are very easy. They can't have a nuclear op and I want to. I'd like them to be a very successful country, but they just can't have a nuclear with well, I think Secret Service has been a little bit tougher. To put it mildly, I see more machine guns than I've ever seen in my life was surrounded by I feel very confident with Secret Service. I think they've stepped up. Look, for a long time, they didn't give us the help. They didn't give us the assets, as they say, the manpower, woman power. They didn't give it to us, and would have rallies. You saw the rallies fifty sixty thousand people and I'd have less people than Joe Biden who had five people show up. And I'd have fifty five thousand people show up, and I had fewer people than him. So they should have done a much better job. And by frank and frankly, the President should make a very strong statement to the outside world because I think my team is incredible. Look, they say it's the best run campaign they've seen. Some people say it's the best run campaign they've ever seen. But in order to make that stick, you have.
Speaker 2: To win.
Speaker 8: Campaign.
Speaker 10: Are you more confident now than you were that you were.
Speaker 8: My team? I'm very confident. And many of them are the same players, as you know, Susie. A lot of the people of the same players have been very good. Well. I think it's ridiculous. You know, Oprah, I was on her last show or one of her last shows and they picked the biggest people and all of that and made a big deal. And I'm actually I'm disappointed. I think Oprah has become a major divider in our country, and I think frankly should be She's be ashamed of herself. And you know who else should be ashamed? Fox? Because I've seen Oprah on Fox about fifty times making the same statement, and I think it's a disgrace what Fox does. Because everyone thinks Fox is so pro Trump, They're not pro Trump at all. They've put Oprah on all morning long. That's all I see is Oprah. And you know I do Oprah very well. She's been a Marlago many times. Roger King had his funeral. That's a head of Kingworld, which was Oprah's mentor, and Oprah chose the location. She said, Marlago is the most beautiful place. Would it be possible to have Rogers funeral at mar Alago in the ballroom. We did it the only time I've ever had a funeral there. And I think Oprah should be ashamed of herself to say that she should be a shaped. She knows me. She wanted to run with me as a vice president. She was going to be the vice president. She wrote me a letter, it's in the book. And now she goes to make statements like that she's a divider and Barack Hussein Obama is a divider too.
Speaker 12: Concerned that you didn't concede the election in twenty twenty when you lost, they're concerned that if you lost this election, you wouldn't concede again. What do you say to those people?
Speaker 8: I think they're crazy. If I lose an election, if it's a fair election, I'm going to I'd be the first one to acknowledge it. And I think it's well so far, I think it's been fair. I think there's been a lot of court cases. Both sides are lawyered up. Thousands of lawyers are involved, you know, thousands, can you imagine? And part of that is because we have too complicated a process. If we had a piece of paper watermark you know that paper is more sophisticated now than computers. It's watermarked paper, you cannot It's it's unbelievable what happens with it. There's nothing you can do to cheat, and of course you have practically nothing to run. Think of it. We spend hundreds of millions and billions of dollars on these campaigns. You could do it for eight percent of the cost and have accuracy and we wouldn't have to be worried about when is Pennsylvania going to announce? It's really a shame. Well, he knows exactly what, but that's only based on what RFK told. I don't think RFK wanted that. You're talking about health and human services. Let me tell you he's a great guy, RFK, and he's going to do pretty much what he wants as far as I'm concerned. He wants health for women, for men, for children, and I happen to agree with a lot of the things he says. The one thing I told him and I've told you in speeches for the last two weeks, we got to keep them away from the liquid goal because the liquid goal we have more than any of it. It's oiled called oil and gas. That one I'm going to handle.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 8: I'd be honored to have him now, and I haven't spoken a hard about that, but look, if you think of it, he came in third, you know, and running for president, right, He ran a very good race. He had obstacles. The Democrats just really unfairly put obstacles up, and hence A Kennedy left the Democrat Party for the Republicans. There's a very smart Guy's are very carey guy. It's very popular too. We get up and introduce him, the place goes well. No, we love having them, and you know who else. We love having Elon He's been great and everybody. Look, everybody getting Joe Rogan last night and Megan Cally. We just have This is very inclusive. This is a movement. This is the greatest political movement in the history of our country. And even new people and some of you affairs sometimes, but it's the greatest movement in the history of our country. And I've made that statement a thousand times. It has never been challenged. It is the greatest movement. And we're going to make America great again.
Speaker 5: Thinks recap on the podcast. You know where to find it online on those platforms. Do on the Bloomberg ones as well. Thank you team in New York, Thank you team here in San Francisco. Get some rest because there's a lot more to come. This is Bloomberg Technology