Speaker 1: Oh no.
Speaker 2: Oh, Good morning, sweet world, and welcome to the No Dunks Podcast on the Athletic Network.
Speaker 3: It's Friday, January twenty fourth, Happy Chinese New Year. Tell y'all out there. I'm Jay Skeetson alongside me as always, Tass Melice.
Speaker 4: Morning everybody.
Speaker 3: We got the bearded one, Tray Kurbie. Hey, heyo, the international man of mystery taking it to the Max le Ellis friend and last, but not least, making the magic happen. It's jd.
Speaker 1: Hello, there he is, and here we are.
Speaker 3: It's the Drop podcast here on a Friday. Follow us on social media Twitter and Instagram at No Dunk's Inc. You know we're on Facebook at Facebook slash No Dunks Inc. Well, I guess it's official. We're now on Facebook. Email us your NBA questions and comments. Keep in comming No Dunks at the Athletic dot com and don't forget to grab your official No Dunks T shirt at No dunks dot Com. All right, guys, on today's Drop, we're gonna briefly touch on last night's games, a whole lot of defense being played in the NBA. Last night Task has our Worst of the Week nominees and our winner.
Speaker 4: You can't wait, we.
Speaker 3: Got the nickname game, It's back, baby, Tweet of the Night, and so much more. But first, the All Star starters have been announced. Here they are guys. In the East, your captain once again, Yannis, your other forwards Joel Embiid, Pascal Siakam, and your guards Trey Young and Kemba Walker. In the West Lebron again the Captain, his bigs a d Anthony Davis and Kawhi Leonard, and in the backcourt Luca and Hardin. I think, overall pretty well done. But do you have a snub Is there somebody that you were at least shock maybe made it into the starting ten or it should have been someone else. Can you make the case. Can you get worked up about it or is it fine?
Speaker 4: No matter if you get worked up or not. I think everybody in the universe, everybody in the universe will look at those ten stars and say, hey, they should all be in the All Star Game. So it's not a big deal that they got in. But I would say the guy who's got snubbed is Kyrie Irving because I think the coaches, not me, I don't think he should be in the All Star Game. At all, but the coaches are likely not to make him a reserve. I think if he was going to get in, he would have gotten in as a starter and a starter only he's played in sixteen of his team's forty three games. It's not a lot, and that's thirty seven percent according to my calculator on my Apple Mac computer. And if you look at the player ranking and the media ranking for Kyrie Irving, he's six the Monk Guards, so I think the coaches will be in the same boat. So I think he got snubbed. Although he said I was voting for an Ostar game, I'd want to see me in there, you know what. I would want to see carry everything else the game. So maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I do want to see him. But the best ability is availability, is what I've heard, and he hasn't been able to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And also I think as well he might rub up the coaches a few of them the wrong way too, shrub them up. Yeah, So I don't think that helps his case. But personally, I think the biggest snub for this game, or for this starting position, was actually Kyle Lowry. In the end, I swerved back on Kyle Lowry look and honestly, I read Zachlow's All Star article there, yeah, and he had him in there. He made a strong case. You know, Kyle is just a great play He missed a lot of games with injuries, but he really has been brilliant this season when he's played for the Raptors. And I think the respect factor comes in there as well. And not to disrespect Tray Young for what he's doing on a bad team here in Atlanta, but I think Kyle Lowry has kept his team. You know, siachm has been great. They had a lot of great contributors. But I love the heart and the hustle that he plays with, and the energy and the determination, and sometimes that can be enough to sort of when you are trying to, you know, find a reason to pick one guy or over another. That's that's what I would like to see. So I think Lowry will get in any way. I think he's gonna make it. The coach is gonna put him in there. But I think the respect vote, the sort of legacy vote, whatever you want to call it, I think I would have liked to see Lowry get it this season because of everything he has achieved.
Speaker 3: Something that sort of tasks was talking, But do you think Trey Young is a deserving All Star? Maybe not a starter, but an All Star this year?
Speaker 5: Yes? I do, Okay, I'll come around them.
Speaker 3: Then it comes down, do you really truly care who starts the All Star Game? Like does that matter to you at all? Whether you know you're an All Star selection? But do we ever go, oh, he was a ten time All Star, but he started three times. I don't know about that, Like, we don't.
Speaker 6: You care about it in the moment. You care about it while it's happening up until this week, and we care about it this week, and then we'll care about it at the draft, and then we'll just look at the Basketball Reference page and it says all Star, Right, It's all that really matters, And yeah, Trey Young is a deserving All Star because the East guards are really.
Speaker 3: Tough to pick.
Speaker 6: Honestly, I think it that you see Bradley Beal finishing second in the player rank, that to me just says there are no great candidates. Because Bradley Beal's candidacy for an All Star birth is the same as Trey Young's. It's the same as Zach Lavin's. You're playing on a bad team, you're taking all the shots, you're the main offensive guy. But Bradley bial has been there doing it for the longest, so he finishes second among players, right.
Speaker 5: I will say though, with this starting spot, I think it means something to the players because it's kind of like All NBA First Team. It's even though you're still an All NBA player for second or third, first team just gives you that little bit more. And I think being a starter as well, the players would like that a little bit more. And you're right, when we go back and evaluate, you only see eleven time All Star whatever. But I think if you're Kyle Lowry, he's probably looking at Trey Young saying, come on, man, he's in his second season. Like I've I've been around this league a long time. I've achieved a lot more. I'm more deer.
Speaker 4: That's just my Yeah, players care, Yeah, I mean Bradley Beal told Chris Hanes this week, after seeing that, you know, the voting come down, he told him on his posted up podcast that fan shun well because he cares. He cares that he's not voting. Yeah, and as you said, he finished second in in Uh what is that the player player. So that's gonna be an indicator of where the coaches vote him, too, right, I think I think they probably put him in because he's been there before, because he's a two time All Star. They always like to vote the old dudes. Definitely, No, you're right.
Speaker 3: I just back to the Trey Young thing. My point is I can't get myself too worked up about him being voted as a starter if I also then believe he's just gonna be there anyway, Like yeah, if you don't think that, then sure, then you're upset. You're like, how can a guy be Yeah, he's got awesome stats, but he's maybe one of the worst defenders in the league and his team has won eleven games at the bottom of the barrel. Like, Okay, if you don't want him starting, well, then then to me, you sort of got to leave him completely off your team. But there's a lot of like this, like he doesn't deserve to start, but yeah, he's probably still an All Star. Like I mean, like I just heard Simmons and Rissillo and the house do all that. They're like, god, all upset about what I got. Like Trey Young winning means something, and in the end when they were making their final picks, They're like, yeah, Trey, I'm still an All Star. So it's like, who cares that?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 4: Honestly, the thing good thing for him is that he is an Eastern Conference backcourt player, and it's such a wishy washy spot. It's the weakest of all four positions here. Yeah, right, if he was a let's say he was a Western Conference front court player with the likes of Lebron, Anthony Davis, Kawhi Jokich, Paul George, then maybe he doesn't get an ingram. There's tons of dud Rudy Gobert. But but then, yeah, I understand where the arguments come in because now he's battling Lowry Levine Simmons, like he'll bel Yeah, if he wasn't a starter on your team, then he's he's sort of a borderline guy. But I think, also, I guess a loser in all this is, you know, the players in media voted Zach Levine pretty low. I think we're a loser because he's not going to be an All Star. Doesn't look like if that's an indicator, And I think he's not going to be in the dunk contest it's just a guess, but I think he's going to be angry. He sees a guy like Trey Young get in his first All Star game. Zach Lavine has not been an All Star. He's balling. It's in his hometown. He said he'd rather be in the don contest if he is an All Star as well. It doesn't vote well for us if we want to see old Zach on Saturday Night. But yeah, who knows.
Speaker 6: Oh, you're gonna see him. He's going to do the three point contest. That's gonna be the thing that's gonna way. Oh boy, Well hopefully he wins that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were talking about here. The two biggest discrepancies in the NBA All Star voting from fans to players to media were that Kyrie because he was voted second by the fans but only sixth by the players and the media. And then Beale voted ninth by the fans but second by the players and fifth by the media. I'm also like, look, I'll throw a little love to Jimmy Butler. I know when we were making our All Star starter selections, you know it was, well, who do you have? As we know Giannis is there, But then who are the other two guys? Is of Embiid Siakam and Butler, because Butler, I mean the whole thing here too is Butler. If he was a guard, then this is all perfect. Then we're all happy. We're like, oh, Jimmy Butler's the second guard with Kemba, We're good to go. But he's not. He was a forward on the ballot, and he finished fourth in the fan vote for front court, third in the media vote, so they actually had him above Siakam, but he was not in the top five of the player vote. So then in the end he sort of film and.
Speaker 6: Teammate. That's a surprise to me.
Speaker 3: That really was too to me. But you know, look, I again, he's going to be there, so I can't get so so upset about it. Like there's if he is not selected by the coaches, then wow, then all right, well you know, like Charles I won't be going to Chicago, I'll say it, but he will be. So it's it's it doesn't really matter.
Speaker 4: Players voted Bam Jimmy Butler. Either they're watching Miami Heat games or they don't like Jimmy Butler.
Speaker 3: It could be the latter. There quite a bit I think it's fair to think these reserves by the way the coaches pick them. They're going to be announced next Thursday on TNT. We'll have a bonus podcast on Tuesday this coming Tuesday where we make and debate our reserve picks. I like that we now know the starters and now we're forced to pick, you know, seven from each conference, so that'll be fun. But let's play you know, a little hypothetical here. We know the captains have to pick first when they do the draft from the starters, right, So Lebron he's gonna have the first pick. He's on the clock. Who will he take from these you know, eight other starters obviously can't take you, honest, being the other.
Speaker 4: Captain for sure.
Speaker 3: Anthony Davis, even though he was joking with Christal last night after the.
Speaker 5: Game, Yeah, I can't of imagine he's gonna pick someone who's not his teammate, who's a free agent this summer as well, and he took exactly I mean, let an interview there with Kristin. Maybe maybe he's trying to build it up a little bit. Yeah, there's no way he's not gonna take his own teammate.
Speaker 6: Which is too bad. It's too bad he can't draft be honest and start tampering. It's too bad that he is gonna take Anthony Davis first, which means he's not gonna take Luca another tampering opportunity. There are a couple of big swings that Lebron could be taking during the draft that he's not going to be able to because his teammate is there. He's got to keep that bond strong. And there's nothing that's a bigger diss than being picked less or lower than first than an altar. Yeah, you don't want to.
Speaker 4: I mean, he could really set the internet on fire if you took even Kawhi.
Speaker 5: Well, he might want to pick because heights going up against exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Lebron ain't afraid. He's uh, he's perfect right now as Team Lebron as captain of the All Star Game, he's two and oh that speaks well who is drafting skills and his play on the court and leading those guys to victory. So Jannis is the one that really needs this because Lebron beat Curry the first year and Giannis last year, and it'll have those two going head to head. I wonder who Giannie will take first. Like, I'm with you, guys, I think eighty is the number one pick. Then Giannis goes where does he go? Here? Does he go Luca?
Speaker 5: Oh? Yeah, right? Does he go?
Speaker 3: Does he go? Kawhi? I think he got to say this thing's maybe he sticks with I think he took him beat very high last year when he was drafting again, so maybe he goes there. But it's beat even playing. Who knows?
Speaker 5: So yeah, I think you guys, Luca actually Luca has been the star this season and he wants to have him money his team. They'll they'll work well together.
Speaker 4: So I think he goes east. He keeps it easy and keeps it and keeps it Team Africa, possibly drafting Joel Embiid in pastal.
Speaker 3: I think that hossible. So I saw this question from ESPN. I think it's a fun one because we have three first time All Stars that are starters, right. I think I have that right in Luca and Tree Young. Who is going to be the next player to be a first time All Star starter? If you're like, is it Zion? Is it someone All Stars?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like if who would be the next person down the line? I thought that was a fun question, like Zion Williamson, Ja moranswers Ion. I guess it's.
Speaker 6: They're in the next stuff. I would say a being town Boy could definitely be in the mix. They do obviously quite well in voting. Maybe ad Jason Tatum next he actually takes over and is the number one guy. I suppose he can sneak in there, though I guess the front court in the East is kind of unsettled, Like, I mean, you're not guaranteed to be voting in Siakam and then beat every single year.
Speaker 5: Yeah it maybe a Donovan Mitchell could sneak in next season if he has a great season, because but he could make it.
Speaker 3: As a reserve this ikay, Yeah, wipe them from the board. Same with like a Bam or something like that too. But sabonus even you know, that's the tough part of that. But like it's really looking at next year. Who doesn't make it this year could be starting like a Luca or Trey I think Zion or Jaw yeah Josh, probably your two favorites there.
Speaker 4: You Yeah, ultimately he would have to take James Harden spot right because Luca ain't going nowhere from those Western guards. But yeah, maybe there'll be a little bit of a backlash against James Harden. You got to score forty or unless you're if you want to start in this game. Son, I did like that.
Speaker 3: I guess it was the media. They only voted when they were looking at their Western Conference backcourt. They only picked from three guys. It was Luca, Harden and a little got all the votes. But then it looked funny because there was like they had on the graphic last night with their aound, Westbrook is fourth, and everyone's like, what Westbrook's forth? What was the media doing? But it was just because Westbrook was tied with everyone else because no one else got to vote. Yeah, in fourth place from the media. When it came to the West backward, I thought it was pretty.
Speaker 4: Fall It was weird. It is weird when you look down the spreadsheet. Yeah, and the players vote for everybody, because I guess that's what they do. They just they literally gave a vote to everybody, like twenty one guys. I think it seemed like they voted for twenty one guys in most cases. I don't know, maybe I'm looking at the wrong spreadsheet, but they did more voting than the media. I thought if you're a voter, you vote, you vote all the way down the ballot. But I guess you just voted for the starters and you said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, that's why you said yeah, yeah. You just picked your guys and lock them in. And no one was taking Westbrook or Mitchell or Booker Morant or Chris Paul or Russell or Cray. Like when it came to the media making their picks, yeah, which is a no brainer. It should be from one of those three guys in your Luca, your hearts, your little Yeah.
Speaker 4: But the Eastern Conference guards is the spot where everybody got votes from the media. Jaalen Brown got a starting vote right right, bunch of people.
Speaker 3: And that goes to speak again to like just how sort of open ended it was, and in the weird way sort of Tray just sort of fell into it because he had such a fan vote. Yeah, I think that was a big part of it. But he should be pretty fun in the All Star Game.
Speaker 6: So goes to show you fans like three pointers. Ben Simmons is fourth in player voting, third in media voting, but eighth in fan voting, because you know, people want to see those threes. So if people tell you that too many threes is the reason ratings are down. Too many threes is the reason the guys are at the top of the voting here. People actually like three pointers. Trey Young is the first All Star voting here.
Speaker 3: What did you guys think of the All Star weekend uniforms. We saw a whole bunch of them. We got the red and blue All Star Game ones, the purple and orange Rising Stars ones, the green and pink Celebrity Game ones, and then the yellow and the brown Nike NBA Cares Special Olympics Unified.
Speaker 6: Game one, DHL versus UPS, Yellow versus Brown. I mean, I love them.
Speaker 4: They look awesome.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna try and pull some strings and get some orange Chicago shorts, no doubt about that. I thought the All Star Game ones were kind of my least favorite of the crew. But uh, I can't get I can't get mad at a nod to Chicago. Even if the six pointed star looks a little weird out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah with the NBA, yeah it does look a little strange. They are pretty basic. I gotta be honest. The red and blue just All Star Game.
Speaker 6: They got pin stripes. I guess you know they're fine. They got pin stripes, but they're better than the black and white ones.
Speaker 3: You like them more?
Speaker 6: Yeah, definitely, Yeah, they should be something funky.
Speaker 3: I do love the purple World Rising Stars ones and the orange USA ones. I think awesome. You can't buy those though, the team really Yeah, the World in USA jers. I've never seen being able to purchase them online anywhere. I'm sure someone like he could have hook you up, but yeah, I don't think you can. I don't think you can. But god, I would love a World one Little she Gildes Alexander World one there beautiful color.
Speaker 4: Is Brown making a comeback? I mean, was Brown ever at the top of anyone's list? I guess comeback's not the right word. Maybe Brown's on the rise.
Speaker 3: Is Brown having a moment yet?
Speaker 4: Not yet, but soon?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I just imagine and somebody walking down to the pool full NBA brown uniform just kicking back. I was thinking about, like, this is cool man brown uniforms. I'd love to have a pair of brown shorts. But then I'm like, I have khaki shorts. What's the difference.
Speaker 3: Really? Oh, I just thought of it. You know, it's unfortunate, I said Celebrity game were the green and pink jerseys, and then that the special Olympics game is the yellow brown man. We could have had a green versus brown like celebrity game or even the special games like that would have been awesome. The Compost Bowl, yeah, compost cop Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Just promoting composting all around the world. That's what it's about. That's right.
Speaker 3: It's Green Week. Everyone in there, all right, So that's enough for the All Star starters. Again. On Tuesday, we'll have a special podcast where we make our picks. We will officially be the last people in the media to make our All Star figs after the draft. You want to do it after Yeah, here's what it should have been. Okay, we can do that too, all right, Just quickly, last night's games, again, I was joking, not a lot of defense because they're they're sure wasn't. Lakers won twenty eight nets one thirteen. Lakers hit nineteen threes in this one. Looked like a cool game, though, I mean, just to stick with the aesthetic. Look, we've talked about it before. That court. Then you get that other team in there with a popa color that yellow, the Lakers gold, whatever, looks so cool. But what everybody think of this one? Lakers nets close and then the Lakers just went on a massive, massive run at the end of the third and then into the early fourth.
Speaker 5: The Lakers shot exactly fifty percent from the field, exactly fifty percent from three, and exactly seventy five percent from the free throw line.
Speaker 3: Last night like that.
Speaker 5: It's pretty amazing, isn't to have it so precise like that? It just felt like a three point shootout. Actually, yeah, last night, I felt that Wilson Chandler was on fire. He knocks I mean early, but yeah, the Lake is just it just felt that anytime they needed a basket, they someone hit a three, and uh, you know that was That's the Lake is one of the strengths that they have. They have that, guys, you can knock me out. Jared Dudley hit that one at the end of the Yeah, yeah, when.
Speaker 3: He celebrated, Yeah, I mean it was very funny. He was looking like bumper cars out there bumping into everybody, but he went nuts. It was a cool pass from Rondo actually to set that up too, lend an awesome pass too.
Speaker 4: It's terrible watching Jared Dudley celebrate though, right, what do you mean he's literally not jumping. He's like you when you so you call it bumper cars. It's you know, jumping up, hitting bodies, you know, banging into your teammates. He jumped, jumped, and I throw the jump in air quotes because he jumped six times. He hit six guys. But it's literally he doesn't get off the floor. But that even that Rondo pass was was a beauty pass to him for that left handed Rondo lob just over over a guy. Rondo was great with the passes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some beauty last night. Him and Lebron were throwing.
Speaker 4: Unbullie, especially when the nets aren't on a string. Defensively makes the passes look better. The impressive part was the Lakers turning on the defense when they needed to from the third into the fourth and doubling Kyrie or Spencer Dinwiddie. And maybe Kyrie is right they need another guy to be able to create a bigger guy. Hey, maybe they need Kevin Durant. If he's out there, I think they probably they're probably pretty good against this Lakers, but it's good for the Lakers. That bodes well. They could just shut down guys when they need to.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they can really just shrink the court by putting a whole bunch of size out there. Dwight got the start last night. So it's Dwight, A d and Lebron, which is a pretty formidable front court because Avery Bradley and Danny Green are then able to kind of hound the ball handlers, and then you got to deal with Lebron being sort of a free safety to help there. And then of course Anthony Davis and Dwight are going to be at the rim. That's tough, especially when you're getting so many three pointers off the bench as well. So a really great team effort for the Lakers last night. In the nets, they're not looking good. They could use the All Star.
Speaker 3: Break, yeah they could. And all the Lakers started playing defense for a stretch there to take control of the game. It did feel like an All Star game because of just the no defense being played, and you know, the three pointers fly and left and right, and just like all these little hook passes and stuff like. It was it was pretty chill on the defensive end until again, Yeah, the Lakers really locked in for a little bit there and that was enough. Eighties block on Kyrie though, oh oh oh, yeah, God, the highlight looks awesome. He looks so high. I know it's the angle a little bit, but he is super high as well because the guy's at giant too. That Yeah, Like his hand looks like it's at the top of the backboard. I know it's not, but my god, it's unbelievable. I like their little exchange they had there too. Yeah, yeah, that's pretty funny. Lebron closed within seventeen points of Kobe for number three on the NBA's career scoring list with that little flurry he had in the fourth so he can pass Kobe on Saturday in Philadelphia. Yeah, that's a lock. Grew up. Yeah, And I think Lebron has like mapped this out too. He's like, I'm doing this achievement on the road, so we don't have to like put the Lakers fans back at home in any weird spot.
Speaker 6: You know, they're playing the Clippers on Tuesday in LA. Maybe he just chills on Saturday, you know, exactly sixteen.
Speaker 3: He wants to do it on the road, is my point. Yeah, he doesn't want There might be some moves from those Kobe stands for all he knows he's like, let me do it on the road. It'll be fine.
Speaker 4: I agree, but it would be way better if you did it at home. It was nice to see a little Lebron stretch there in the fourth quarter of just old Lebron, not old Lebron like last year Lebron or the year before Lebron, where it's just it's unstoppable, even the jumper, and that's that's always fun.
Speaker 3: Where he was when he's got the fade away going yeah, yeah, yeah, and then yeah. Then also like dinwitd he matched up on him once. He's like, I'm gonna put you into the rim here. Yeah, he just took over you, right, And it's funny just how playful the Lakers are, you know, maybe off of that Dudley thing and the way Rono's playing and stuff like the hot me right now between the Lakers and the Clippers. With that article coming out on The Athletic about the friction, whether you believe it or not, because Patrick Beverley says fake, fake news, but it is a it's quite drastic, right, and it's probably the opposite of what people would have assumed coming in the NBCs. You would have think it would be the Lakers that would have the drama and stuff like that possibly and not the Clippers. And it's it's flipped here, which is which is strange? I mean, did you guys get a chance to read the other We don't need to go along on it, but it's good, interesting.
Speaker 5: Pretty thorough. A lot of sites, a lot of sources.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, listen, it's a it's a it's there's a lot of infro from Sam Amic and Jovann Boucha. But I just don't know, is there a lot of substance, like what what? So they you know the recount that Montres Harrold got mad after a game when they got pounded at home, right, and Doc Rivers tried to put him in his place and say, hey, keep that in indoors, And so, I mean that's really it. A guy verbally got mad. Is there anything else that makes you say hey that. I guess the guys get a little bit of a a longer leash because they're stars, which happens preferential treatment.
Speaker 6: I guess, Wow, shocking, right, yeah, but you should anticipate that if they're coming in. And I think the other thing that comes out is that Harald, they make it seem like he's going only for his stats because he's in a contract year game.
Speaker 4: That's the other big takeaway.
Speaker 5: And I think a few other guys are just feeling that they have to, you know, accommodate Kawhi and Paul George and whatever those guys want, which again, that's what the Clippers basically got these guys for, Hey, we'll do whatever you want. And that does rub a few other guys up the wrong way because people are like, hey, last year, man, we didn't have to do any of this, and we were very successful as far as winning games, and then we played well in the playoffs. So if it all it's it's kind of like the Raptors they last season. If it all works, then at the end of the season, you're like, see, it was worth it, of course. But if if something goes wrong and they do you know, let's say they get knocked out in the second round, then I think these sorts of things. Then people start saying, wow, see you did this and you did that, and and more people will want to talk. Then I think so, but yeah, it's good.
Speaker 3: I liked it. I liked it.
Speaker 4: Everybody likes Everybody likes drama and That's why it was a highly read article. But in the end, I didn't find a lot of anything that really swayed my opinion on the Clippers locker room being anything but a pretty good locker room. And like you said, preferential treatment, it happens in the NBA. I would like to see it happen less in general, not that I see it on a day to day basis, but you know, I don't think guys should get a lot of preferential treatment. They're part of the team, and I like that sort of everybody's on the same level type idea. But like Kyrie Irving didn't talk to his teammates for two months, they won a championship, Like guys, it just happens in the NBA, and that's the way it is right now. And I don't think this doesn't doesn't deter me from thinking they're winning the championship at all.
Speaker 3: Interesting. My favorite part from the whole article was finding out that Kawhi hangs out with all the guys playing cards but never plays. Yeah, I don't know why. It reminds me of like guys in high school that were always doing that too, And I loved it, Like do you want to play. No, No, I'm good. Just always sitting there watching you play hard s watching play with you.
Speaker 5: At some point you're either like I can't stand being around these guys if I'm not playing, or you're just all right, I'm in.
Speaker 3: I mean, just deal with your guys. Let's get into it. Because yeah, no, he's fine. I'll just sit here. Just final thing with the Lakers victory, I wanted to point this out. Frank Vocal and his staff will coach Team Lebron after the Lakers clinched at least a tie for the best record in the West through games played on February second.
Speaker 5: So it's pretty amazing for Frank Vogel. After he was fired from Orlando, you wondered if he was going to coach in the NBA again, And now he's back coaching maybe you know, certainly one or two of the best teams in the league, and there was an All Star coach again because he was once you'll start coach there with the Paces back in the day. So it just shows you know, things can turn around.
Speaker 3: Never give up, never give up.
Speaker 4: Do you think Frank wants to coach the All Star Game?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think so.
Speaker 5: No, I think I think Frank likes those things, you know. To be honest, Frank, Frank wouldn't even Frank wouldn't even have this job if TYLERU accepted it.
Speaker 3: Remember, yeah, he was like the second or third.
Speaker 5: Well, I think Monty and Tyler were their first. Monty signed with Phoenix and Tyler was like, give me more money, and the Laker said no. Frank was like, all right, I'll do it. And now he was coaching the All Star Game. I mean, yeah, hey, good.
Speaker 4: Like I think he likes beaches better, but I don't know.
Speaker 5: He's in LA. They're always on the beach.
Speaker 3: To tie these sort of two things together, we're talking about the All Star starters. We have a rule in place with the coaches. Correct me if I'm wrong. You can't coach the All Star Game in consecutive years. That's like if you had the best record by whatever, the cutoff date is, right, like, you only if you do it back to back years, Like if you're you know, Steve Kerr obviously comes to mind. You only get the one right and it has to go to somebody else. Do you think we should do that with the captains of the All Star Game as well? Right, Like because now we got Lebron and Giannis. Again, they're the leading vote getters in their conference. But should it should it be like the coaches rule to.
Speaker 5: Give somebody give it to the then the second guy, like absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Lebron and the honest they would still have the overall votes. But because of the rule, if you put it in place like the coaching thing, and it goes to the next guy, Luca, you're up in the West, and I have no idea who it would have been in the East, maybe being maybe Yeah, anyway, no stupid idea.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, I like what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't hate it either.
Speaker 6: Actually, I'd like give some other guys a chance on the one, right, because Luca was funny last night. They're like, ah, you know, you play at your own pace. He's like, if I could play fast, I would play fast.
Speaker 4: Good one.
Speaker 3: Well, speaking of Luca, he helped his team get the victory last night. Mavericks. They hit twenty two to three pointers better than the Lakers nineteen to beat the Blazers one thirty three, one five forty three combined threes. Hey, you like threes. There was a lot of threes.
Speaker 6: It's Actually that's crazy now looking at this the Lakers had the fewest threes in the TNT games last night. They had nineteen threes, twenty two for Dallas and twenty one for Portland, another twenty one for uh the NETS's.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of threes. Wild. Dallas and Portland tied a record for forty three combit threes.
Speaker 4: By the way, that ties the NBA record. Yeah, weird.
Speaker 3: I mean, it feels like it would be.
Speaker 4: More than that. It feels like, yeah, but that is a lot.
Speaker 3: I mean, but I'm with you guys. It feels like, how have we not hit like fifty to fifty five or something like that with a Rockets game and somebody the mass played Porzingis at center a lot more in this one, obviously losing Dwight Powell and figuring things out Maxi Kleeber had a nice roll to the rim. I was dunk their trade.
Speaker 6: And a couple of threes, that's right, and a nasty fall at one point. Yeah, doing it all out there.
Speaker 3: But kp with twenty points five boards and he shot three for four. One of those was deep. Lillard did his best. Poor guy got the will boy, but you know he tried to keep him close and did for them. You know, they got back into this game, but in the end, they're just two short on guys. Even I mean, Trevor Reesa was starting and playing well for crying out loud.
Speaker 6: Gary Trent Junior hit six threes, like, I mean, the guys that they had were doing the most that they could. It's just they do not have enough, especially when CJ McCollums and they can't really stop anybody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean the fact that a Reason played thirty six minutes and was maybe the second best player is not good for Portland.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's not obviously. Yeah, with all the injuries of course. Yeah, you know Nerck hopefully coming back somewhat soon. Okay calling this out call him with the ankle. Yeah, there's just not enough bodies right now to keep the Blazers there. But they're still holding on for dear life. If Nerck comes back and obviously CJ comes back from the ankle, and they can just string together some stops and maybe win some games, and there's a chance. But they're a fascinating to watch here of course, at the deadline and whether they just like sort of pack it in and say well, not our year. Well, we'll run it back next year for the most part and see where we go, but or make some moves. Who knows.
Speaker 4: Well, Damian Lillard is just fun to watch sixty one before this night and then forty seven, So he had one hundred points. Over one hundred points in a two game stretch. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: First time in franchise history. That's pretty Lazers. Not a surprise there.
Speaker 6: What do you guys think of the Twitter moment fans are calling for more help for Damian Lillard after another big game.
Speaker 3: I saw that this morning.
Speaker 6: I mean, you're definitely seeing we got to get Lillard some help. It's not we got to get Lillard out of there. I think people recognize Lillard's bond with Portland, but it does feel a little bit like we're coming to the end of this era of the Blazers. You know, they went through They had their team last year, which had been around for basically four seasons, and they kept getting close, getting close, getting better in the playoffs. Switched them things.
Speaker 3: Up this year and it has not gone well.
Speaker 6: So you wonder how soon they're going to move on to some sort of a different look here where Lillard is paired with some other star. I mean, I don't know if CJ. Mccollins trade value is super high right now, but they gotta be thinking. They gotta be thinking of a new pathway here.
Speaker 3: It's very possible. The final game from last night was Wizard's Calves. I'm sure not a lot of you out there were watching it, but Bradley Beal he's timing this well, killing it right now, at least in you know, trying to get maybe picked as a reserve from the coaches, which is very possible. They won one twenty four to one to twelve. He shot fifteen to twenty two from the floor, thirty six already eight against Miami the night before, they got it super super late, got on like four in the morning or something like that. They started sluggish in this one and got it going though. So he's on a tear here over his last two games. And Davas Breton's I hope you see him in the three point contest. I think we will.
Speaker 4: I think we will too.
Speaker 3: And he's got a cool three point release too. He's like sort of a bigger guy as well.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, he'll sit in the problems getting through his racks. Oh no, he's quite quick.
Speaker 4: They'll fire.
Speaker 5: That was up in about thirty five seconds.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 3: All right, So those are the only three games on last night. Let's get two Worst of the Week.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 4: The Worst of the Week. It's an all media edition of Worse of the Week. You know you love your media members as Worse of the Week nominees. The nominees are, in alphabetical order, Jason Doyle, Lee Elis, Trey Kirby, and Jay Skeets. Ah. I joke about all being included, Hi joke, but there is one no Dunks member who is nominated. Stay tuned four.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh my god.
Speaker 4: The second runner up? Who is it going to be? Who do you guys think it's gonna be?
Speaker 3: I don't know. We had I know we were throwing out a couple possibilities to you. You ultimately make the decision, like maybe the oh the Hornets? Was it the hornets tweeting about the Pacers or was the PACER's tweeting for the hornet? I can't remember very close something there.
Speaker 4: Second runner up is the PACER's Twitter account. Indiana forward TJ. Warren spent his first five seasons with the Suns and was traded this offseason to the Pacers in exchange for cash considerations. No players, just cash. And when Indiana crushed Phoenix on Wednesday, the PACER's Twitter account, they tweeted TJ was just money tonight with TJ Warren stats twenty five, three and three. Beside those stats were cash considerations, the little cash emoji flying away with the cash consideration stats zero points, zero rebounds and zero sists. Bratty Brady good. But they deleted it quickly. They didn't want it out there. Why do you want to start a battle about I guess I just start a battle about transactional history on Twitter. You know.
Speaker 3: It's that's funny, man, Yeah, you funny.
Speaker 4: That's why I've included him. That's why I included them because I think that you either go with it or you don't. That's that's the thing. But yeah, it's a pretty good tweet, you know, it is very funny. I love the cash emoji.
Speaker 3: Great, you're right, it was a great graphic. It's a funny line that TJ Warreton was money.
Speaker 1: That's great.
Speaker 3: Nice camble there. So what happened somebody posts it and then somebody higher up and the pacers go, hey, you can't. You got to get that down right.
Speaker 4: Somebody, somebody had to give him the X name. I also wanted to mention this TJ. Warren tweet from this week quote, not in my thirties yet, but surely it live like it. Not in my thirties yet, but surely live like it. He's wise beyond his ears.
Speaker 3: He looks like.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's also a two name guy. I can't say TJ, can't say Warren. He was both, all right? First runner up, the aforementioned Jason Doyle, Oh boy, yeah. When we did our mid season poll episode, I compared the Piston situation to the Titanic and made the connection between Rose on the ship and Derek Rose on the team just trying to survive. Skeet's pointed out as I wasn't trying to make it too obvious. It worked out well in that regard. Then this week I made the same analogy, and JD asked, do you realize Rose was a person on the Titanic? So JD first run up because one, he wasn't listening to our mid season episode at all, but more importantly, yeah you two.
Speaker 1: Know sometimes sure, But.
Speaker 4: More importantly he should know that I like to repeat my points and really belabor them in it in a Maddio fashion. Shout out to Naddio.
Speaker 1: He likes to belabor a joke or too. So you should know me by now. Jd well Tess, you should know me by now. And obviously you don't listen to our show because I cut that out of the show.
Speaker 4: Oh what you cut out the fact that I called you or you were asking me about Rose's.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's the power I wheel?
Speaker 4: Why did you cut it out?
Speaker 1: What was because I was embarrassed?
Speaker 3: He has the final say, I.
Speaker 4: Get it, but are we not real? Wow? You know what?
Speaker 1: Put me right at the top, but make me the winner of Warst of the week. How dare you answered myself?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: I want us to be open to the public.
Speaker 1: Okay, in from now, I do listen.
Speaker 3: I do listen to our show. Try to listen to everyone when I can. I didn't. I didn't. I didn't realize that you would cut it out.
Speaker 1: I gotta be honest now, I'm a good editor.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Also you listen at Double Speeder No.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I put it on one and a half.
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 1: You probably tuned out during that.
Speaker 4: D percent I did amazing.
Speaker 3: I'm just trying to I only listen to our podcast just to try and catch a Lee dropping his kombucha bottle lid. That's the only reason.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's an Easter egg in every episode.
Speaker 4: But the worst of the week winner is the social media platform we all use Twitter, specifically basketball fans who were treating Zion Williamson like crap during his debut on Wednesday. There was a lot of fat shaming happening, a lot of criticism of the Pelicans organization for how they handled Zion's injury. It was just kind of cruel and it was kind of miserable just to be watching Twitter for three quarters. Basketball Twitter used to be a more positive experience. On the one hand, our expectations of a basketball player playing in his first NBA game after having been on the sideline should be pretty low. But on the other hand, he had a lot of hype coming in and Basketball Twitter, like Twitter overall, is now a place where many try to make their tweet polarizing in hopes of some artis and some likes, And in a situation like Zion's, people jumped on the fact he wasn't thriving and tried to go viral by being straight up mean. I guess it's just a representation of humans and you can follow whoever you want on the platform, only the good folks, but the heartlessness it ekes out onto everyone's timeline. It comes through no matter where you are on Twitter. I guess the point of this little rant is, go do some yoga. People, chill out, just chill out. Stop railing on a guy who quote unquote looks fat to you. It wasn't nice. It wasn't nice out there.
Speaker 3: I would like to put Zion Williamson line him up with all of these people calling him fat. Yeah, okay, let's let's really find out about that. It's ridiculous here. I'm with you on that.
Speaker 4: So that's it. He's two eighty five six percent body fat. Apparently that's pretty good body five percentage if that's true. Yeah, that's really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's that's that's good.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah. I actually just happened to be in the kitchenette with someone. It was a nice lady and I we were talking about the body mass index and I said.
Speaker 3: Sure, nine am BM I talk.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It was lunch. It was lunch yesterday. It was a Thursday, Thursday session. It was a noon session. I was put a salad, putting a salad in a bowl. She commented, oh, being healthy. Yeah, sometimes you know the holiday eating. It's it's just rolled over into January. And I started commenting about the body mass index and I said, I'm on the I'm on the threshold of being overweight. And she said you you and then she said I'm actually obese on the body mass index. And I said, that is nuts, that is absolutely nuts, because it's it's incredible. The body mass index just not fair. Don't look at that, my thing. But it is stupid. Dion Williamson would be obese times four of that thing. Sure, it's so stupid.
Speaker 3: Can I add like a last second addition to Worse of the week. I told you yesterday, I'm headed to New York a little bit later today to see my buddy Gresh to go to the next game tonight. Homer, he just sent me, so we don't have tickets. I said, right, well, you know we're looking at the game time app and checking the other one, keeping our eye on those prices. He just sent me, Uh, the possibility goes uh feet on the floor. Question Mark, what do you think seats cost to sit tonight first row, you know, the VIP seats basically to see tonight's game.
Speaker 5: Wraps Nicks in MSGAN one ticket, eleven hundred.
Speaker 3: Eleven, we would be buying those for eleven hundred.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, two, I guess two grand.
Speaker 6: Nope, forty eight hundred.
Speaker 3: You're very close. Four thousand, six and thirty six dollars one ticket.
Speaker 5: I wonder why James Dollar White style.
Speaker 4: Isn't he two of those? You could buy your own, Homer, you can buy a house ten grand.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, is that crazy? Oh my god?
Speaker 4: Why is that the game time app?
Speaker 2: Or?
Speaker 3: I don't know which one he used. It's either Sea Geek game Time or ticket Master. It looks like it might be SEKK. Yeah he's not seriously, Oh he just bought you one too? Are you coming? All right?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 5: But I forbid anyone to spend that much money on a regular season game.
Speaker 4: I forbid it.
Speaker 5: If you're going to spend ten thousand dollars for a ticket at any sporting event this regular season, give me the money. I forbid anyone to spend that much money.
Speaker 3: Wait wait, wait, wait, wait, wait getting.
Speaker 5: You well, they're giving the money away for a two hour experience, So just what do what do they get when they'll buy them a ticket, I'll buy them a ticket to sit up in the nosebleeds, so they still get to see their game.
Speaker 3: But they still get what a deal?
Speaker 4: A deal?
Speaker 5: I just can't believe anyone would spend that much money for a meaningless regular season game for the experience.
Speaker 3: No, if you would like five percent off your next deal at League Geek, just end of the promo code. No dunk, it's at League ink. Oh humble.
Speaker 5: I've sat courtside Front Road like that. It's a great experience. Well, how the hell did you get those for a turner? I didn't pay for them, That's what I'm saying. I wouldn't never ever pay you that for that experience for them. Yeah, that's fine, someone else can.
Speaker 3: Play for all right, all right, let's uh, let's get to the nickname game. JD really the number one draft pick Grammar, that's your problem, Jumbo.
Speaker 7: Chumps going for seems a lockey?
Speaker 3: Alright, that's a friend.
Speaker 1: All right, it's the nickname game. We do this every once in a while in lieu of the pun gun because there's just not a lot of puns out there on a lot of topics. The Grammys are this weekend, but we do music all the time. So let's play the name the nickname game. Shout out to Jack who gave us this idea. Uh, Basically, there's a lot of guys in the league that have nicknames, but there's a lot that don't. So I jumped on Basketball Reference. I found some players that don't have nicknames, and everyone deserves a nickname. So we're gonna hand some out. If you missed it last time that here's how it works. I'm going to say a player's name. We're gonna go around the table saying the first thing that comes into our heads. It's simple word association. Whatever the fifth word or phrase ends up being, that will be assigned to the lucky player.
Speaker 3: Any questions you will, you will point at who will start the game?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going to go around the table. Boom boom, boom boom. So Trey is starting this. This guy's brother, Steph Curry has many nicknames, Steph Babyface, Assassin, Chef Curry, the human Torch, but his brother doesn't have any. So here we go. Trey, Seth Curry.
Speaker 3: Slippery, Seth Skiing.
Speaker 4: We okay, water.
Speaker 1: Swimmer, Seth the swimmer, Seth the swimmer. Curry you don't.
Speaker 8: Like it's not our best work, it's not our best words.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know much much about this guy. It's his first year in the league. He's on the San Antonio Spurs.
Speaker 4: It's Drew U Banks, skeets, game show host, microphone.
Speaker 1: Stick, mic stick, Drew popping ps.
Speaker 4: You Banks, Drew popping piece.
Speaker 6: That's a lot of pressure to the fifth this is this is gonna be dumb or it's going to be good and.
Speaker 4: Dumb popp Okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: Why did I say a game show, by the ways.
Speaker 1: Because you Bank sounds like a game show host. Okay, is there a U Bank Kevin Banks?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, maybe a bandleader though.
Speaker 4: Oh that's oh that's Kevin from Oh you're right.
Speaker 3: I was thinking Kevin you Banks, who I thought, was, for whatever reason, a game show guy. But you're right. It's the it's the Tonight Show guy, the guitar artist, and he's a composer to us.
Speaker 4: He's on Felon.
Speaker 3: Okay, Wow, I got us off to a weird start there.
Speaker 1: No, it was actually it would have been. That's a great nickname right there. Game show. Yeah, show for you banks. Yeah, okay, another rookie. This one's on the Sacramento Kings Kyle Guy.
Speaker 5: Lee Fun.
Speaker 4: Guess sorry okay, mushroom Yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: Mushroom larb.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what a larb is.
Speaker 6: All right, it's a dish.
Speaker 3: But uh, we'll rewind.
Speaker 6: We'll say psychedelic.
Speaker 3: Rainbow Road.
Speaker 4: Cool.
Speaker 1: That's your new nickname? Okay, last one in honor of our ninety ninth show. He wears number ninety nine on the Boston Celtics. Taco Fall, Oh tast Tuesday Wednesday.
Speaker 7: Fester uh wound, Plasta lost.
Speaker 1: Your new nickname is.
Speaker 5: We're just gonna go Wednesday by Friday, Friday.
Speaker 1: Fall, plaster fall.
Speaker 4: That's it? Alright, game, I love it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Was what was the best one of the bunch?
Speaker 4: What is?
Speaker 3: What were our nicknames in the end? Do you remember?
Speaker 6: Rainbow Road is not bad? That's a good nickname. I don't know. For Kyle Guy, that's a good It's.
Speaker 4: Hard to go with guys that haven't been around too long.
Speaker 3: Rainbow Oh, Mario, Kurt love it. Okay, time for a tweet of the night.
Speaker 4: M tweet o the night?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 3: Oh all right, I mean I could make tweet of the night myself, definitely shit because yesterday I'm not going to, but I'll slip it in here anyway. Yesterday there was a New York Post article going around with the headline that said, doctors beg men, not too masturbate with banana peels. We've talked a lot on the show before about how Lee loves a good banana, so I was joking, Oh, that's.
Speaker 8: Why Lee eats so many bananas, and then I remembered, oh my god, we have a hilarious photo of Lee dressed as a giant banana, standing in front of about ten or eleven banana peels, looking very exhausted like he may have.
Speaker 3: Just jerked off in all of them. So of course I posted that with ladies and gentlemen. We got them with the two side by side, and I couldn't stop laughing, honestly for about twenty minutes. But that does not get that does not get tweeted the night No bananas this morning.
Speaker 5: Thoughts at time ironically, all.
Speaker 3: Right, No, the tweet of the night I actually tweeted from the No Dunk's Twitter account at No Dunk's Ink yesterday. We're just a few episodes Away from one hundred podcasts with the Athletic, what's been your favorite hashtag no dunks moment so far? And we got some great responses, so I wanted to share a couple. Okay, shout out to everybody that tweeted in. We saw them all. I'm obviously not going to get to all of them here. And there was a bunch of you know, duplicating or doubling up on things, but I love some of these At Kick Puncher, the NBA Twitter episode of Squad where I'd learned about at NBA. Leave Yes at System Lord's Tech. The throwback intros by JD were awesome. Gave me flashbacks of where I was in life during those iterations of the show. Also the Hallmark isshlam a catalog at Range from Deep Lebron versus the Horse I thought You'd jumped the show worked for a moment there, but that visual of a horse wearing boxing gloves and a helmet nailed it at Dan Underscore, Kipperman temp at Alex Underscore, Horton Underscore. When Trey started listing off and giving the unknown Warriors' nicknames Kai Bowman, He's a showman, Eric Paskal, He's a rascal. I actually really really liked that moment too. At Josh Moore j L the Rudolph rap my girlfriend. My girlfriend was not as impressed though, he said, there was a lot of you know, love to the any four bar Friday that we've that we've done here on the show. At Philip Doolay JD talking about the beauty of Bowmanville, Ontario, very dead. Remember that was the thing that happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you lived in crazy.
Speaker 3: Bowmanville very couple of weeks. You and I were both in Canada for a month plus. At James Carson the third Halloween etiquette is an all time top ten Lee moment. Oh yeah, I forgot about your Halloween rant At River four two six nine one simply hashtag fart gate. Yes, yes, indeed we had a fart sound on the podcast that we had to get to the bottom of it. What was it? Was it a chair? Was it a fart?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: My goodness. At Connery the j d's comment at the end of a pot about looking for his reading glasses to masturbate almost made my almost made me crash my car. He was looking for a banana peel.
Speaker 1: I had that it was like gras and then.
Speaker 3: And then there were there were a lot of There were a lot of ones like this is from AJ a breakdown of the difference between your greens and your browns. Also everything come butcha. Yeah, a lot of votes for Butch and boost talk that we've had recently. So I thought that was fine as we uh near one hundred episodes. Today is show ninety nine. On Monday will be episode one hundred. Can you believe it already one hundred episodes?
Speaker 5: Crazy man?
Speaker 3: That is crazy.
Speaker 6: But thanks to everybody, no doubt for download reviewing, Tell everybody you know to download the show.
Speaker 3: I will say, we had a monster monster week this week. So I don't know what's going on. You guys look like you're telling your friends about the show or you're just downloading like crazy on every app you got.
Speaker 6: It's that big men's health bump. Yeah, maybe we will try to stay healthy out there.
Speaker 3: We love it though, so thank you so much. All right, pick a results presented by cash App.
Speaker 1: This segment is brought to you by cash App, the number one finance app in the App Store. Cash App is the easiest way to send money to your friends, like when you lose a bet that Billie Eilish is going to win more than one Grammy this weekend. Actually, that's a safe bet. She's winning Album of the Year and Song of the Year. You can lock that in. But cash Up does way more than that. Cash App also comes with a cash Card, a free debit card that comes with boosts, which are like instant rewards for shopping at the places you already love. We are also excited to be working with cash app to support one of our favorite organizations, the ACLU. Among other things, they work to safeguard the First Amendments guarantee of religious liberty, which in includes to those of us who aren't religious. A friend of mine just got fired from her job for being an atheist. True story. There's still work to be done, but hey, when you sign up for cash app and use the promo code no dunks one word, not only will you receive ten dollars a cash app will also donate ten dollars to the ACLU. Don't forget promo code no dunks one word when you download cash App from the App Store or Google Play Store. Today.
Speaker 3: Last night's game, Lakers nets in Brooklyn on that crazy court task swerved last night, took the nets to try and cover. I mean, you looked great there for three basically three quarters, and then it got out of control. So yeah, Task picks up, the picks up the l everybody else had the Lakers to cover and they did. So it's close still Lee ten and six month of January, nice record, train Ion second at nine and seven apiece and Task now two games back at seven and nine. So tonight's game very important for Tasks though there is still basically a week left.
Speaker 4: Yeah we got six nights left.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you know, no need to panic. But what's tonight's game.
Speaker 4: I'm going with a different one today. I'm involving the Golden State Warriors. They're at home against the Pacers and they're getting six and a half points. They're underdogs, of course, to the Indiana Pacers, who are visiting ending a road trip in Golden State. Golden State coming off a bad loss on Wednesday night, although you know they have been playing better, but that one was bad loss against the Phoenix, I do believe. Yeah, here come the Pacers six and a half.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, go ahead, leleh if you know, I.
Speaker 5: Don't yet, I'm just looking at the paces what's the broogie dog status here?
Speaker 4: He's questionable. I believe from what I've been seeing, he's going to be your.
Speaker 6: Looks like he's OUs, looks like he's out with a laceration.
Speaker 3: So the Pacers are on a long road trip right now.
Speaker 4: I think this is game five of their friend This.
Speaker 3: Is actually the game four. They have the Blazers still on Sunday, so this is They're two and one. They beat the Nuggets, then they got pummeled by the Jazz. That was a back to back situation. And then yeah, they beat the Suns pretty handily. So now they get the Warriors. Give me the Pacers, I too will be I too will be a Pacer.
Speaker 6: I think they want to get this win, get this win, finish up the road trips strong, win on Friday and Sunday and come home.
Speaker 5: Brukdn's out percussion.
Speaker 3: M hush, interesting laceration but cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but according to I wrote a why he's uh, he will not play ja Michaelbion, Indianapolis Star reports, Okay, man, make your pick, all right, I think, yeah, right, I'll stay with the Paces. Seven points is a lot those.
Speaker 4: It's not crazy. They're playing the Warriors playing pretty well. Uh yeah, the Warriors lose a lot. It looks like they've lost a billion, and they lost ten or row. Then they won one and they lost two in a row. So I did it yesterday. I take him the nets because I'm dumb and I'm panicking. You said, don't packs heats. I panicking. Six nights left down too. You gonna do it, Gotta do it, gotta do it. Warriors lose by six? Please?
Speaker 3: Okay? Well, I mean this is a funny part task. He usually picks the game we're gonna pick from. So I was wondering when you were saying you got a different one here. I was thinking, maybe Tass is like he's trying to get back into this he sees when he likes. Okay, so Tass is the only one taking the Warriors to cover.
Speaker 4: I usually just take the latest game possible so that most people will have something interesting to listen to, because some people are listening tomorrow on Saturday. Do they want to hear about the Grizzlies and Pistons who played at seven. No, they want to hear about the Warriors who played at ten thirty. Like that makes a difference.
Speaker 3: Let's end this Drop podcast with a little rapid fire fun dude. Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah Okay.
Speaker 1: Earlier this week, Lee told us all about how Louis Vuitton is creating the league's first travel case for the Larry O'Brian Trophy. It's beautiful, and I'll tell you this, there's no way that gorgeous Louis Vauton case won't be traveling in a case of its own when the Lario b hits the road. What prize possession do you have that you'd want a custom made Louis Vauton case for Trey.
Speaker 6: I was doing my photo hunting my mom's basement over the summer, and I found a pukahell necklace and I couldn't stop wearing it. Couldn't stop wearing it. We were finally getting ready to come home from summer vacation, went to put it on.
Speaker 3: It shattered everywhere.
Speaker 6: Tragic, Devastated to lose my pukashell necklace that it had been lost for twenty years finally came back in my life. Didn't have one for a while, but then Tom Poro's girlfriend Jess hooked me up with a pukashell necklace for Christmas and That's why I need this Louis Baton case, because I'm not gonna be devastated like that again. I can't see those shells on the floor.
Speaker 3: That's a nice one you got on there.
Speaker 6: It's chunky, right, nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it does look heavy, You're right, because they usually look pretty low.
Speaker 1: Your beard almost covers it up, though you need to extend it, yeah, extended baggy poopy skates.
Speaker 3: I struggled with this question the more I thought about it. I do not have a lot of prize possessions. I really, and I think that, you know, that's I just don't like to have a lot of stuff. The truth is, and I don't put a lot of weight into things. I don't really care about objects that much. I am sort of like that. But if I had to pick my a thing in my house and my apartment that i'd be sort of upset if I lost or got broken or something, it would probably be my travel magnet collection.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's impressive.
Speaker 3: You know, It's what Nora and I do. It's the only thing we buy when we really go on trips, and we've obviously been able to go to a you know, fair chunk of the world. I would say, for being not in my forties yet. So yeah, I guess something for those magnets. And some of them are quite fragile too, so maybe a little nice little case there to put them all in so I don't lose them.
Speaker 1: It's a great idea. Wait.
Speaker 5: Back in nineteen ninety five, I went on a trip to England and cricket bat, beautiful cricket bat. I bought it back to Australia and started using it. And it's split like a crack because you have to wear it in. You have to break it in. I don't know if you do that with baseball bats or not. Where you kind of you knock it in. It's called where you sort of soften up the wood a little bit. Anyway, so I did that and it's still cracked. And so I sent it to It was a Slazenger cricket bat. So I sent it to Slazenger Australia. I said, hey, man, you go sold me a lemon. I didn't have any idea if they were going to respond or whatever. Anyway, they sent me back a cricket bat with the autograph of my favorite player of all time on this bat. They sent it back to him.
Speaker 4: It was perfect.
Speaker 5: I couldn't believe it. So I've got that bat at home. I've used it. It's got its own little bat bag. But if I could get a Louis for done case for that now, ah man? I love that.
Speaker 3: No one has ever been sent more things in the meal from companies or organizations than you to believe. I'm serious.
Speaker 5: I'm so shocked that they sent me back the cricket bat of my favorite player with his autograph on it.
Speaker 4: It's incredible, incredible.
Speaker 6: That's good customer service.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it has nice one's from Julio. Hey, no duggers. With all the Costco talk on your recent episodes, I'm appalled that there has been absolutely no mention of their legendary rotisserie chicken. As a self proclaimed costco savant, I firmly believe that if you walk out of a Costco without a chicken, you're doing it wrong. Julio, I couldn't agree more. What's something that you're adamant that there's only one correct way to do? Trey.
Speaker 6: I've been watching a lot of Bonappetite test kitchen videos and Andy Barragani makes a mushroom larb Why mushroom larv is in my head, and he has a new way to cook mushrooms that get some nice and crispy, nice and earthy mushrooms are easy to make poorly, and these turn out all right. So if you're making mushrooms at home, look up Andy's recipe. Get them nice and nutty.
Speaker 3: I'm also sticking with food. There's only one way to make the perfect grilled cheese, and it's keep it simple, Okay, white bread, processed cheese, slices, butter, and then you have ketchup that you're dipping it in it man, that's it. Medium heat, don't crank it slow slow, but you don't need the fancy girl Jesus at all. Okay, you don't need the have already in there. You don't need French bread or anything. Keep it simple. It's the beauty of a girl cheese and that's why it tastes so damn good because it's still quick. That's it perfect.
Speaker 1: Nanny O is yelling at his iPhone right now, Lely.
Speaker 5: I stumbled on this method late at night, and now I cannot be convinced there is any better way to do it.
Speaker 4: So when you wake up.
Speaker 5: In the middle of the night and you need a pee, walk into the toilet, don't turn around, keep going straight and.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, oh my god. I don't know why I let you do. Also, you told me that it was going to be the third question. That's the second question.
Speaker 3: You you screwed that up?
Speaker 5: There?
Speaker 3: Are you gonna edit that out? Yeah? Yeah, that's on you.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, that's staying in, staying in, all right. This last one's from Blake h No dunked dogs. I recently tried to explain the origins of Beach Step into my fiance and why it's so funny that song has stuck around for so long, but understandably she didn't think it was all that funny. Good news though the wedding is still on. What's something you think is funny? But when I have trouble explaining to someone Trey.
Speaker 6: I follow an Instagram account called ordinary People Memes, and it's just like a headshot of like any old person working at a bank or something like the most boring captions on it. No, we have milk, honey, we already have milk. Oh boy, that's a stinky one. Sorry about that. I didn't agree to raise five kids. I have three kids. Time to tell your friends to go home. They've been here every night this week. So yeah, if you're into weird, very weird, very plain memes ordinary people, means it's.
Speaker 1: For you, that's great following it now.
Speaker 3: Skits probably garbage reality television, honestly, like I watch a lot of it. It's garbage, but it's funny as hell to me, like Vander Pump Rules or Below Deck or ninety Day Fiance is just a banger. So but you know, trying to explain why it's funny to someone that doesn't watch it, or it's like, no way, I'm watching it.
Speaker 1: Good luck with that lat I.
Speaker 5: Grew up in a house that had a lot of classic British sitcoms on TV, like Faulty Towers, Are You Being Served? George and Mildred, Only Fools and Horses. Great, great comedies, but really not a lot of people outside of North America know them. I certainly don't know them all that well. So I've got a few like references in my mind, but if I say them, people have no idea what I'm talking about. So I just want people who are listening right now to go out and check out two episodes one Faulty Towers Communication problems absolutely hilarious. And then just a little bite size clip from Only Fools and Pulses with just google Uncle Albert speaking German and watch that clip. It's like a minute twelve or something like that. Hilarious. If you don't get it, I'd love to stand Oh right.
Speaker 3: Any suggestions are all right? That is rapid fire. That is another hopefully classic edition of the drop. Thanks for joining us today and all week long. Really appreciate it. Don't forget to rate and review No dunks on Apple Podcasts, five Stars only Baby, follow us on Twitter and Instagram, and No dunk Sinc. And keep those emails coming. Don't be afraid email in no dunks at the Athletic dot Com. All right, take us home on Clipper broad you.
Speaker 6: Heard it here first, have a great time, turn up, love you guys awesome.
Speaker 4: Thanks for joining us, folks, and remember it's the WWE Royal Rumble this weekend. In since Lee was just suggesting clips, I suggest you go watch Bushwhacker look, the greatest elimination in Royal Rumble history. It's so good.
Speaker 5: I met both the Bushwhackers once. They were awesome.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, we'll talk about that on Monday. Embrace the weekend. People, you could stay.
Speaker 1: Every day and dad be happy every minute.
Speaker 8: It's been so long that your the ONNA.
Speaker 3: Way for It's happened already.
Speaker 7: It's gonna be goody