Speaker 1: Yeah, y'all, you already know what it is.
Speaker 2: Yours truly back with another exclusive rock solid podcast here with a legend, legendary DJ, personal friend of mine, somebody who played a pivotal part in my life. You know when I first got on. It's one of the first DJs I ever met in my life. I want you to help me welcome my brother, DJ Chubby Chubb. But we call them DJ.
Speaker 1: Dizel these days.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, Yo, listen. They might not know, but I want them to know. I met this guy back in Original Flavor days. He was Original Flavors DJ. Dame Dash was the manager and Jay was just a featured artist on one of the bangers they dropped first Bangle word up man, Like, take us back then, Like how you even get started? Like what was the inspiration even jumping to the DJ world?
Speaker 3: I mean, DJing was you know, something I came up to seeing in the Bronx. It was like being in the Bronx. It was something that I wanted to see. And then being in the era that I was at, you know, I got to see, like hear the music of Cold Crush live outside park jams and things like that, and you know, being Puerto Rican. It was kind of tough because I grew up in the home it was all Spanishes, so I didn't really get the understanding of the hip hop.
Speaker 1: Damn. I didn't know you was Puerto Rican.
Speaker 3: My jail the wonder when I go out there, they be looking at me like k Lo Caane, like yo oh right, they think I'm down. I'm down now, Yeah, Puerto Rican, damn.
Speaker 1: That's what's up. I ain't know that or something every day on Rock Solid.
Speaker 3: So the influence of you know, hearing the music is what grasped me, like hearing breakbeats and seeing the actual DJ's DJing, and from there I started picking it up.
Speaker 1: That's what's up.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: I got to meet Clark, Rest of Peace, Clark Legend, Legend, Clark is forever my brother, someone that inspired me, someone that showed me so much to understanding. And then you know Cacobpried and the Brucey Bead. Yeah you know what I mean. Well, Clark was the first person to ever put me under his wing where I opened up for him and he gave me. He was at that time he was getting like ten fifteen thousand a party.
Speaker 2: Damn, and back then was that shit that's like getting thirty forty today.
Speaker 3: Used to get ten fifteen and he used to give me fifteen hundred just to open up.
Speaker 2: Damn as nice. That's nice, Yo, So did that? So the connection with Clark, how did that happen between JA? Did that come from y'all?
Speaker 1: It's Clark?
Speaker 2: Oh ship, so you bridge, let me get this CLA. I'm trying to let's let's be all the way clear. So J met Clock through you. Nah, Clark knew J all right. I met JA through Clock. So Clock was fucking with y'all. Edge Damn Clock was that he was the glory.
Speaker 3: He had J Like he would tell you like I got a boy in Brooklyn, Like he would always say that, right, And I used to be like, all right, when we're gonna hear the music, Yeah, we're gonna Oh he's just unloaded mad demos and he had J had mad music, and we was I was just like, Yo, let me get them joints.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: And I'm the first person ever played Jay's joints on mixtape.
Speaker 2: I was just about to say that, man, he was the first mix tape that Jay had a feature on. Like how was the studio session for that Original Flavor record that Kingle.
Speaker 3: Was dope because it was in Powerhouse, and you know, that's when the reels was.
Speaker 1: To try to tell them you had to know your verse wasn't no going back.
Speaker 3: And even like the first time I went to the session when I met Dane, that's when I met you know, because all right, so I'm gonna tell you about about Original Flavor.
Speaker 1: So Tone is.
Speaker 3: From my block in the Bronx. Yes, Ski was in Greensboro, but he lived in the Bronx. Okay, but he used to stay at clog House too. Yes, yes, I remember that show. Tone was like, Yo, we were about to do this album and we're gonna do Ariginal put Original Flavor because they got rid of the other cat that they had the first album Original Flavor was the Kid Suave.
Speaker 1: Yeah it wasn't Tone right, Yes.
Speaker 3: Became a new Original Flavor. So Tone put me down. But it so happens already New Clawk. And then Clark got us the deal too at Atlantic. Oh okay, damn moving so and then Future forg out, he's got Future sound. I think they was down with us to Dame's cousin was managing the future so called bob Step.
Speaker 1: I don't remember them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a whole dash like Darian, I remember that. Yeah, they had to dash entertainment and something right.
Speaker 3: Up so and then so Clark I got a sign to Atlantic and then like, yeah, do that and then I said all right, and then in that same time we did can I get open? And Jay was recording I can't get with that. I can't get it with that, a guy that he shot at during Mars.
Speaker 2: Yo, if people don't even know you was the first DJ on the road with us for yeah DJ and for us playing all those records. Cannot get open. Fucking I can't get with that in my lifetime.
Speaker 1: One and the remakeer top Yo.
Speaker 2: Like people thinking, that's why I'm glad you hear, bro, because you were really part of the beginning the strip, the Denile days when they was like nah, y'all not them niggas.
Speaker 3: I was a believer from the beginning when I heard Jake and and then like in that instant I met Sauce and jazz Man and they was known as the hard Path Yo.
Speaker 2: I always that to me is the biggest what if in hip hop to because as a kid from Marcie. Looking at all three of them, knowing them and knowing how deadly they were. They were spitting Like I always as to what if, Like what if they really put it down together and stayed together and made it happen because.
Speaker 3: Bro I had loved the chemistry definitely between Jay and Saul. What but they got this joint. I got the demos called get off my dick.
Speaker 1: I remember that. I remember that joint.
Speaker 3: Yo, you got classics right now. I remember that joint. And then like you know, to hit them two together and they was going back and forth and it was just ball for ball, but sarcasm was through the roof.
Speaker 2: His Sauce was the king of it. He knew how to disrespect you. He was on that type of time and like that's one thing I wish Sauce with a guy his his respect and he's just doing the game because he one of the top spinners.
Speaker 3: Like nah, he definitely had wordplay that was with man sawcasm and and and then then with Jay's coolness of sarcasm. It was just like that contrast was crazy like when you heard pregame, when you heard wanted dead or alive? You see what I'm saying, like, there's so many songs that you'll be like, yo.
Speaker 1: What the fuck? The Niggas was on some shit.
Speaker 2: So like even back then before I came, I remember, like you these the Christian days, they had some girl Nate Roughness.
Speaker 3: I had Roughness. They had the girl Michelle that was singing.
Speaker 1: I never met her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Michelle sang on our song called On. You think you all at no way? Oh that's how on?
Speaker 2: Like that's what I mean, bro, People don't understand y'all was doing this ship out your pocket, like no, what's no label budget, was no head label rep. They was literally records in the trunk, filling both lexes up and we hit.
Speaker 1: The road and moved.
Speaker 3: It was in the pathfindal before that, yea, the Pathfinder right before the Lexus.
Speaker 1: He had the Rare Act yo yo, cheer out yo chair. I forgot about the red before before the gs.
Speaker 2: Then they had the Champagne Act, the two door joint they remember. I had the fucking for the funck was that car? I had the Q forty five Christy Yo. Niggas was all some ship. Them boys was moving back there with that ship like so how was like what you think happened between the original flavor thing that didn't have them go as far as you think they should have, because.
Speaker 3: I just feel that they was ahead of their time for at the time that they was doing it. I think there was really ahead of their tongue, like because Tone and Ski had they both with different type rappers and they just was they just can float. They they they were rhyms that was dope. Like even like on a song that we have on an album, it's called many Styles.
Speaker 1: That's my ship man.
Speaker 3: They had the kid Freshco remember Fresh Goal, Yeah, rap so and then Jay had the Aless line on it, the joint wage.
Speaker 1: Remember he was like, it's like picks Picks.
Speaker 3: Remember on TV used to come Home after three o'clock and it was picks. That record is crazy off that album. On that album, but there's a lot of joints on that album that were dope, even like we had skits.
Speaker 1: Nigga cold like.
Speaker 3: The making that album was was all real hip hop. That's a fact.
Speaker 2: How was the connection with Dane Because Dame is a Dame today, I want people to get a real Understandingame today is not Dame of then.
Speaker 3: Dame back then was very straightforward, right, to it business all day and straightforward to it like it was.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 3: The first time I met Dane, right, we was in the studio. We was doing We was just doing Ski was just doing the beat. The cannot get open. And that was the first time I met Dan. I was already in the studio. It was already been working. We ain't never meet Dan. I ain't ever mean Dane. I was wearing all red, I know. He went, yeah, when I tell you I was wearing all red cross color, It's like is yr DJ? He said, He's like, this is your DJ. He was like, nigga looked like Santa Claus yo.
Speaker 1: Ya straight out the gate. He was just cutting like I didn't even know the nigga like that.
Speaker 3: He was just going right and then he was like, yo, he looked like a red tomato Yo. Then he was then he was like nah. He said, Yo, only colors you're gonna wear is blue and black.
Speaker 1: Yo, chill. That was it. After that, all war job was blueing black. Yo.
Speaker 2: Dame was a bastard for that because I never forgive me wearing the white Army fatigues to him. J and fucking Biggs caught me, what are you the nurse for the army.
Speaker 1: What's wrong with you? You out here looking like the snowman for the army. Yeah. Yo, these niggas they would cut you off. You couldn't wear around them.
Speaker 3: And on top of that, we was wearing tims without the double soul y.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that was the generic v i AM joints.
Speaker 1: That was the VEMS joints. We was buying off of p diem. That's a fact. That was the joints.
Speaker 2: But I remember one day coming uptown when the Vasquatz boots first came.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, And I.
Speaker 2: Remember y'all all winning the store. You Jay dang ski Ski wasn't even there.
Speaker 1: It was just you and yah. Niggas boil all of them, every color georts.
Speaker 2: I remember being a shorty like I can't wait to get my bag. I'm gonna be doing shit just like that.
Speaker 1: That was a time. And then you know after that, niggas used to eat Wendyes yeap, yo, you ain't lying, that's the thing.
Speaker 3: Oh boys, flowers now I'll be telling you they can take it back to the projects doing.
Speaker 1: We don't eat flowers, yo.
Speaker 3: Going to dinner with them niggas, you feel like you ain't eat they don't eat what we eat no more Like I remember Whole.
Speaker 2: Ordered some pizza. We was doing the studio session of UH. We had like a rehearsal and he ordered some pizza. So you know, like you think that they're gonna order pizza for the dogs to be like four or five pis yo, bro, it was like thirty boxes.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, why does nigga order all his pizza?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: What the fuck? These?
Speaker 2: I opened the box, my nigga, that ship was like a napkin pizza. That's how thinn the pizza was like, I literally rolled the ship up, took two of them. This is why you order thirty You need a whole one? Do long word like yo?
Speaker 1: It was bad light. Yo. They don't play they on their ship. So speak to the people about the transformation.
Speaker 2: Because what you did by g going from DJ chabb child the DJDS who I choke you with one hand?
Speaker 1: Now that like did you did you document your journey?
Speaker 4: Nah?
Speaker 3: You know having I ain't even plan it, no way. It was so happening. Was pre pandemic, and I was on Twitch and I used to when we ain't have no work, we had all idea was through Twitch and and that instant. I was on Twitch six days a week for like five six hours. But I had to entertain the people, yes, right, so I had to visually they watching you. So you're trying to get people to stay there and stay yeah, to be you know, in tune to you.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: The more I was doing that, I was losing weight. That's crazy, right. So and then I said, I was wearing like a five X hoodie and the hoodie was super big, and I was like, yo, this doing is big.
Speaker 1: So I went and I was wearing champion. You know, Champion, run big. That's right.
Speaker 3: So I went and got a three X. I was like, still still fit, big, but I felt way better. So and then I said, you know what, the next day I went and got a trainer. Oh shit, the next day I got a trainer.
Speaker 1: That was it.
Speaker 3: It's been five years. June ninth just made five years that I've been consistent. I had four hundred pounds to two hundred and thirty pounds.
Speaker 2: Damn God, bless my. That's just all work, That's what I'm saying. Like, and you ain't like that's inspiration. I hope you dot him in there to do the ground because I see you every day in the gym, putting it work. And that's why I'm like, somebody out there needs that inspiration, because you did it just with a trainer. You didn't go getting on.
Speaker 3: You ain't gonta range surgery, you ain't gotta do. You ain't gotta do the glp ones. You ain't gotta do a xampic. You put in the work, you get the results. That's right, And that's exactly I lost man weight. I don't got no loose skin on my body. So I'm talking about and I'm fifty six years old.
Speaker 2: God bless my g Look at that fifty six still out here push it looking healthier than us, all of us, because I know I ain't. I shit, you flabby down there. Cut I get that trainer then.
Speaker 3: Like so that's what happened. I ended up getting a trainer. The young kid was twenty seven at the time, Colombia, and he just pushed me.
Speaker 1: That's what now I got.
Speaker 3: So now my next thing is where I'm cutting now, is to step on a different stage, on bodybuilding stage.
Speaker 1: Next shit, Oh you want to compete, Yeah, compete fifty and older. You ain't fucking around. Yeah, I'm gonna I'm gonna go for it. Like my trainers, it's like you gotta try fuck it? Why not?
Speaker 3: Right? I mean, you know it's a plan, that's right man, Like see how we do through this this winter and how everything cuts out, and they'll see what that what that June look like next exactly.
Speaker 1: Now that's dope.
Speaker 2: So yeah, man, you stepping in the competition on that, Like what's your take on hip hop today? Like what do you think about him from from the golden era we came up in to where it's at today.
Speaker 3: It's never gonna be the same, it's always gonna be different. And then it's more, it's more for the youth. It's not about what you came up on. It's not what I came up on. Facts, it's not. It's gonna it's gonna transcend to what these kids like, just like they gonna gravitate to whatever drops Friday until Monday. Then from Monday they on to somebody else. Because nobody's really stick. You know what I'm saying, that there's nobody that's really getting you music that lasts longer than than the weekend.
Speaker 1: I think, because do you think?
Speaker 2: I think because it's no movement it's nothing to associate yourself with, like like I'm part of your Yeah, Like back then, like you know, you knew you had your cash money Riders, you had your rough Riders, you had your Murder Inc. You had your g Unit, your Rockefeller representatives. Like even back in the day, you had people that represent Kane and people that represented rock Cam.
Speaker 1: Like it wasn't just all one.
Speaker 2: Today is just just a melting pot of fans and they just digest everything every day and.
Speaker 3: Goes through streaming and YouTube, you know what I mean. So they don't have a they can they can scroll and find somebody today that's good for the weekend, and then they'll come back and scroll another day.
Speaker 1: And find somebody else that's a fact, and then and they'll move on to that.
Speaker 2: What you feel about the DJ, I feel like me and my aspect, I think the DJ has become bigger than the artists.
Speaker 3: A lot of DJs have a lot of DJs definitely have bigger brands and bigger reasons to do things. But I feel also when it comes to radio, your handcuff, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean. Fact, Like you're not able to say I got a new artist and I can just pray this. Yes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like at the time when I was doing like New Radio, I was able.
Speaker 1: To break off.
Speaker 3: Today you handcuffed the hit that like, not even able to say I could break this artist and do that and not even a serious like them. DJs is even handcuffed now. I remember when Sirius played everything. Now would sounds like it's just becoming the same thing that you know they get. They get a little leeway on certain state on shape for five, they didn't get more leeway, but you.
Speaker 1: Know it's it's tough. And also.
Speaker 3: DJs, the things that I really you don't like is that DJs don't even take chances in club. No talk about it club all right, let's say we don't all do radio. Let's say we don't all have the opportunity. I feel that a DJ can still break an artist in the club on the street. That's a fact. They ain't handcuffing. You believe in the artist, You could still play that artist, that's right. It's your call to make that artist hot. Yep, that's a fact. And I know I could still do that. Yeah, man, that's crazy now that you put it that way. I never thought about it that way. But yeah, like DJs that go from the radio and still wear the handcuffs to the club is insane. I broke a lot of artists, like I'm just saying, I came from New York to go to Boston to do radio.
Speaker 1: I remember you was doing radio. Boss was out there.
Speaker 3: I was breaking man artists, Hell yeah, artists and and and I didn't have a problem playing songs that I knew that I believed in. And I just feel cats don't have that no more.
Speaker 1: Nope.
Speaker 2: And that's why confident on certain records. And that's why I think a lot of DJ's pivoted to EDM. Is them bags that they getting them DM DJs just don't make no sense. These niggas is getting football contract numbers. What's my man named danger Mouse. I'm about to put on a helmet too, Like I'm about to put on a mask and hit the road and be like fuck it, push the button, let's go. Because these niggas doing one hundred and fifty thousand cedars festivals and getting two hundred my geeta spend for an hour two hours a rapper ain't never getting unless you hold Drake fucking snoop.
Speaker 3: I don't think Snoop getting two honey. I love Snoop. Snoop might be getting a buck.
Speaker 2: A buck fifty two hundred might only beyond say Snoop getting two honey. See, put some respect on Snoop. They said Snoop in two honey, Snoop. I owe you out for that, my bad fucked up.
Speaker 1: I owe you a ze.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you can still that the cast, that that still makes sense. Luda Luda fifty cent, fifty.
Speaker 1: Ken Drake Drake Cole. Nah.
Speaker 3: Not worldwide though you don't think they They ain't world wide, not in in certain place. I'm telling you what I've noticed, and I'm telling you Luda Snoop fifty cent. And if he decided to come outside, yep, if he decided to go out, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go to the moonless artist that is definitely going into countries.
Speaker 2: You know who are sleeper nigga doing countries too. I'm gonna put two sleepers that's out there doing countries. That's like under the radar, number one Tiger. Yeah, I can be fucking everywhere. You will look up and be like, where the fuck is this? Things in India? How and Jairou. Oh yeah, jall be everywhere too much like they be out. I don't really do this too much, but you are pioneer, so I gotta ask you. We're gonna go top five DJs and top five rappers and not. They don't gotta be East Coast, they don't gotta be all New Yorker. Be whatever you feel. But you being a pioneer and seeing where the games came. We celebrated thirty thirty years.
Speaker 1: Bro, do you fu? People?
Speaker 3: People are gonna be like, I'm very biased, but that's cool. That's all good for me. I'm gonna go with the rappers first. Jay Z is definitely my number one rapper. I don't I don't care what anybody say because I've seen it from from the beginning. Yeah you saw you was sure from where it started to where it's at. The demos that I've heard and I believed in them when people were saying, nah, that's right, you don't see what I'm saying. And to this day, number one rapp hands down. I agree, and that I'm gonna go with rock Kim af did that. I'm going with Kine after, I'm gonna go with Slick Rick and then after that, I'm gonna have to say fifty cent. Oh you put fifty on the top just because the mixtapes up about circus how he built his ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm not mad. He went from the ground up too. I'm not mad, but a lot I never you know, a lot of people never put fifth on the top five.
Speaker 1: I get it for what they do.
Speaker 3: They look at certain balls and stuff, but I look at the work ethics, okay, and how you got there.
Speaker 2: That's dope about how hole, rock Kim, King, Slick Rick and fifty that's a solid five. That's a solid five because Caine and Rock Kim. I feel like people tried to do to them what they did to Lulu, Wayne and t I like which one you fuck with? Where they both as great at what they do, but they tried to make you choose which one. And I feel like they they did that with Kane and rock Him. But they man ship all right.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: DJ Now DJing is gonna be another bias situation because Claude Cane is number y fall one of the greatest DJs I've met.
Speaker 1: That's right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Then people that influenced me and got me into where I wanted to be Charlie Chase.
Speaker 1: Oh, I ain't heard that name, and a man that was a cold crush.
Speaker 3: Then there's Kid Capri, Kid Capri, that's my dog, Kick Capri rapping now you know, got rapping bepping.
Speaker 1: I ain't know that back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just coming to the stude dropping off beat to Jack or his tour bus. They drove that tour bus more than John Madden.
Speaker 3: So Kid is a major influence. Yes, Bruceie be super influenced because of his voice. So my boys, Lucy b was you know, built off that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then after that, I'm gonna say my young boy because I met him at sixteen to two technician of DJ.
Speaker 1: Ooh, shout out tech the DJ and the building.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, he said he met me as a shorty too. He said way back, he said, when the office ain't have no furniture on Jason Street.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 3: That's how I know I was definitely in the teens back then. By g fat No, I remember when I met you and you we went to Marsy and I met you no way, that's what we met.
Speaker 1: Martin.
Speaker 2: He was in Marson and that's ill I seen niggas try out front Blizz was outside, started playing with him.
Speaker 1: And Jay was like, no one, young boy. He got some shit and I was like all right, waiting, yeah yeah yo.
Speaker 2: And that's another thing that have you right here. We just celebrated thirty years of Reasonable Doubt?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: How that feel to you to witness it from the beginning? You know? Reasonable?
Speaker 3: That was forever my classic album, right because And another thing is you know the song can I Live?
Speaker 1: Yes, you hear the ad libs when Jay is talking and go live nigga and all that. That's tone.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I heard the rumor that Tone was supposed to spit the second verse. I ain't know about that, but I was going to do those libs. You lie. I did the ad libs. I went in the studio. Niggas kicked me.
Speaker 3: Out, Jill, Why didn't kick you out the stud bro kicked me out the boom because I had it flow because I didn't catch the flow. The rhythm wasn't what I was. What I was talking was was like mixtape. Yes, yeah, he wanted more subtle, so Tone caught that. That's tone hooker strong. I said it first, and then he took me out.
Speaker 4: Yo.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, yo. You remember and see yeam. I could bring up stories like this, but we ain't gonna say who did it to him? Remember DJ rad Handy, Yeah you still you still see him?
Speaker 3: I never seen I haven't seen him, but I spoken to him, Yo.
Speaker 1: I never seen him again. Man like that nigga leaked something.
Speaker 3: They got him and called J. I'm gonna tell you what Jay told me. So he was like, yo, call J tell him bring the stuff whatever, right, and then Jay said stay out of each other. And I said, all right, I told you later.
Speaker 1: Yo, listen, listen just how it really was, so yo.
Speaker 3: One thing Hove didn't play about is his music and a lot of niggas know that.
Speaker 2: But this DJ, for some reason, this sigga had the braids down. I ain't gonna say who did it, but just know but it was pushed and niggas got him and hit him with the clipper right down the middle, cut off one bread bald for leaking the record off.
Speaker 1: Reasonable. That's tough, jud see, I.
Speaker 3: Forgot about that, but here I don't even remember that. Yeah tried, but he's like, yo, stay out of it, ch other. I'll never forget that. He's like, you stay out of it.
Speaker 1: Other. I was like all right, no doubt, man, you know that's crazy.
Speaker 2: And then another thing, I feel like as a producer, they don't give Skis prips of course, not like I feel like Ski should go down as one of the top pioneers and music because the sound he created back then, it's still being duplicated to this day.
Speaker 1: I had no idea. He produced Cannot Get Open, that beat his classic.
Speaker 3: He produced the whole album. We didn't have nobody side besides Clark, the Clark joint that Clark did, but everything else was Ski. Damn, that's crazy Ski for Jay that he did for j and then they just erased those beats. I know ever used them.
Speaker 2: They got like four albums of demos that they never put out, the top nine, all of that ship.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 2: Back then, I used to be like, yo, ho, let me let me get these balls like you not using them, Let me.
Speaker 3: Get these well you know, almost killed ja yo.
Speaker 1: Yo. You said that, you said going on to the studio. Yeah, we was going to d C.
Speaker 3: Was when Rap City was in d Cmber I did everything, yo.
Speaker 1: You bringing up all yo, Prince Day's your it's crazy.
Speaker 3: That's the episode we did and that's where I almost killed everybody.
Speaker 1: Yo.
Speaker 3: And it wasn't my fourth though we had. I had to party the night before we hit the road. I got out the club, I took all my records upstairs in my projects and it was like, Yo, you gotta drive.
Speaker 1: I was like, how can I drive? I just finished word.
Speaker 3: I just broke five crates of records upstairs to the ninth floor in my building, and I gotta drive that.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to drive?
Speaker 3: I was like, let's Ski drive. Nah, Ski can't drive. Ski had a license, Dame had a license, j got a license. I was like, let one of them drive. It's like, nah, you gotta drive. I was like, it's crazy. I'm tired.
Speaker 1: Bro, Yo, you left tied. That's so that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Jason in the front, Dan Tune, and Ski in the back were driving. Bro.
Speaker 1: We ain't get past Delaware.
Speaker 3: Broh, we didn't get past Delaware. When I tell you, the car starts swerving in all kinds of parts of the of the road. Bro. When I get under the it was like a bridge. Under the bridge. That joint on was smacked right into that joint. I caught it, yo, chill.
Speaker 1: I caught the whole truck to the side and it just stopped. So oh yeah, damn you fat fuck your fucking almost killed this. Niggas is just talking crazy. James. Jay was sleep. Jy woke up. You know I used to carry gum I got I got meant though, so he was like, he went, piz um you piece of gup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wish I had this on video.
Speaker 1: Jay got up with the gun in mom like you said out to see. Nigga said straight out to sea home and you you know, no more word up. So I go to I go out to go sleep to get out.
Speaker 3: I thought Dame was gonna, I mean, Dame diss it in the front, so I thought I sit in the back with Dame. Was that Nigga said, Niggas with the luggage.
Speaker 1: Yo yo yo, And they was on that type of time back then niggas bags.
Speaker 3: When I won't cuse like niggas even dropped.
Speaker 1: Now niggas yo.
Speaker 3: Yo.
Speaker 2: That's why I be trying to tell niggas, damon them, what's so foul on funk up? They putting you on one street chewing like yo, you not out of here? Back in the prig like niggas left me. They went on that tour with Big in them because I missed one studio session to say you're done no tour, missed the whole bad Boy run all that ship for one session. I never missed another session again. Gee, I ain't missing nothing kidding me. I missed that tour was the idly shit ever, yo, So what's next?
Speaker 1: Man? For you? What you guys like? You want to promote to the people, let them know.
Speaker 3: I mean you know right now, on Tuesdays, I'll do nine for seven of blocks A throwbacks, right, I love it.
Speaker 1: I do that.
Speaker 3: I just did a tribute to the thirty. Then on Tuesday, I played Coming of Age. No I to play on Crewe Love, Crew.
Speaker 2: Love, Let's Go Crue Love Yo. Jav's Yo, he should have gave me more time. Dog, even though that one song I take it. I take it to change my life. But we're supposed to be rocking joints like that. Yeah, But that that Coming of Age was was always my handless. My G is timeless, O G. I'll brother with you for free.
Speaker 3: That nigga put it down my G with that joint. And you know, people look at me and be like, yo, you ain't right there, and be like fuck.
Speaker 2: No, I was fourteen sixteen when I draw when it came out, I don't even know what equilibrium meant back then.
Speaker 1: Fact, it wasn't until it came out doing I'm like, oh, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: Cool, that's a that's a classic song. Bade that that on that album is for me and seeing how young you were and then you start hearing like mine, right, that's what I appreciate you.
Speaker 2: That was like the tunnel that was with them days, that's when New York was New York. And I feel like we got that energy back in New York. I feel like that energy right there is back, Like the Knicks won the Chip, Jason just shut down Yankee Stadium for the whole weekend, and the city just has a vibe that I haven't felt in New York City, bro since probably like late two thousand and two, two thousand and three.
Speaker 1: No, it's definitely a lot.
Speaker 3: I'm more music going around, and it's just people just gotta get right to it. That's right, man, Just gotta get right to it. They just gotta Yeah, that's what it is. You gotta you gotta feel to the people. You just gotta get out there and feel what's going on and create that vibe again because because people are afraid. Man, they are a lot of people afraid to make music that makes sense, that's right, and be theirself. They just following the trend. They scared, like people to use the drums, you want to use the lupe, use the loop exactly. But just.
Speaker 1: Just have fun. Man, Let's make music great again. You know what I mean? We hear legendary DJ Chubby chubbing the motherfucking building a ka DJ competition because I'm dieseling, We're coming for the title right here on rock Solid and he fit the name literally rock Solid Year.
Speaker 4: For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows at and you can follow me on any social media platform under the name Memphis Bleach.
Speaker 1: You see anybody fraud in flagging