Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, welcome back to Bachelor Happy Hour. I'm Joe and I'm Serena, and we are back to recap episode four. But before we do, we had it was honesty. It may have been the best Monday of all time.
Speaker 2: I know Bachelor Mondays are always a highlight in our day to day, but I think that this Monday took the cake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, having a wedding. So this past Monday, we were at Noah and Abigail's wedding in Tulsa, which the venue itself was one of the nicest wedding venues I think I've ever been.
Speaker 2: I agree, it was a perfect venue, perfect weather. And for those of you who may not know, Abigail and Noah met on season seven of Bachelor in Paradise, which is the same season that Joe and myself met on, and they have been together for a little over three years and have finally gotten married. We're so happy to be there. There's lots of Bachelor Nation friends and family in the mix.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was nice seeing everyone. Ivan was there Tomorrow, Becka On, Thomas.
Speaker 2: Yep Anna and Chris Blake, Moyn's Chelsea, Serena c I think that's it. And if we missed anyone. We're so sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're sorry, but I'm sure we all hung out. I think that's everyone though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a great group and we did three days of activities. We were able to go see their house, which if you follow them on Instagram, they have worked so hard on to remodel, redecorate. Yeah, and they're super proud of it. Was so beautiful and so exciting to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Thomas just he really just kept admiring me the whole time. But that's a whole that's a whole other thing. Okay, Before before we do get into this recap, we had such a great conversation with Charles and we see that he he does go home, so we're going to bring him out real quick to have a quick little chat with Charles before we get into the episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we know how much you guys love Charles. We love him too. We were sad to see him go and his journey end, but we just want to touch base with him and see how he's feeling after his journey on the show's over. We hope this is the last we see of him, but we hope that you guys enjoy.
Speaker 1: Catching up with Charles all right, let's bring him in.
Speaker 2: Charles, thanks for coming back.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you, Serena.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so, Charles, were were you shocked to get sent home?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, no, why not?
Speaker 4: I sensed it as as I explained to you before, I have the data.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have the data.
Speaker 4: Why because I look around it and I assessed, to be honest, it's just between this time or the next session. It's it's it's but it's getting closer. I knew I was doing the writing.
Speaker 2: Were you sad that your time on the show was coming to an end?
Speaker 4: Yeah, in a sense it is. But on the other hand, you know, we the cast members, you know, we support each other, but we don't compete each other in a sense. We we are happy to see that as you know, at the end, Joan can only pick one gentleman, as you know that, and we'll be very happy whoever she's going to pick. And and I kind of sensed I'm not that one of the few final ones, whatever we believe or not.
Speaker 3: You know, that's my my data tells me.
Speaker 1: Do you think you built a friendship with Joan after all said and done? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, you know.
Speaker 4: I don't know how much details on the show if you compare the first time I met Joan and the first time I drank you know, tea with her to the end, you know, when she hugged that, I didn't receive the roles. Actually, yeah, we had a boundering and we liked each other. But as you know, like each other is one thing, to love each other is another thing. So I'm kind of you're not happy for John, you know, she continues her journey to find that, you know, the best one she really loves, you know, so even though we don't know yet, but I'm happy for her, and I'm happy for the lucky one, you know, in the end.
Speaker 1: If if you, Charles, can give Joan a piece of advice when you left, what would it be.
Speaker 4: Cool with your own decision? You know, follow your heart and don't hesitate. Don't be you know, kind of confused because a lot of you know, gorgeous man in front of her, but she can only pick one and don't hesitate and follow her heart.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Charles, we have you back here today because people are so sad that you won't be on the show anymore. You were such a star. Were you expecting this outpour of love for you or was this a surprise.
Speaker 4: It is a surprise, you know, as you know, I hear lots of fantastic fans. You know, I love them and I thank them for the support. Of course they want to I guess they want to see me continue and continue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they want more Charles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the reality is the reality, you know, at a certain time, Unfortunately, you know, there's a one guy out there.
Speaker 3: It seems like a probably Joan loves more than to Charles.
Speaker 4: So so it's okay, you know, but my part is a little bit the intersaid feeling as well.
Speaker 1: You know, do you think you would ever be able to do what Joan did be in her position and let's just say it was thirty women in Charles.
Speaker 4: I haven't thought about it yet, but if that opportunity rises.
Speaker 1: Why not? Okay, I like that.
Speaker 2: Leaving the show, what is your favorite memory or takeaway lesson?
Speaker 4: You know, the kind of you know, the way Joan talks things. She's very quick and smart. You know, I really give her credit on that. You know, she has to deal with twenty four men at the very beginning. I don't know how she remembers all the information that she's talked about, or she's going to talk about.
Speaker 3: So that's one thing. Second is the brotherihood.
Speaker 4: You know, we build in the mansion and around the mansion, you know during the even group days.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how do you think, how do you think this show, after all said and done, is going to impact your life moving forward?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Of course, you know. First of all, I think it's a big jump in a sense. As you know, at the very beginning, I was still sad in a sense, and after joining the program, I open up myself. I expressed my sorrows, and my cast members kind of, you know, encouraged me and pat my shoulders say Charles, it's okay. You know, we know it's sad, but it's also okay to move on, you know when when opportunity knocks.
Speaker 3: You know on my door. That that kind of fitting and the excitement I had during the show as well.
Speaker 2: Well, you are single. You did not end up with Joan. Are you dating? What are you looking for when it comes to women?
Speaker 3: Uh, this is a million dollar question. You know.
Speaker 4: First of all, I'm traveling. You know, I focused on travel at this moment, but when I returned back to the States, I have to check certain accounts to to assess the information and messages and hopefully I will summarize against some data and I will make a kind of very quicker decision what I should do next.
Speaker 2: I like, hey, Charles, got to check the DMS.
Speaker 1: I like that, Charles, that's good. Anywhere else on your on your on your travel list that you're going, that's fun that you could tell.
Speaker 4: Us, Yes, you know, yeah, talking about the travel plans. Yeah, I'll return to LA for another program. I think AC called to mentell all and I'll be very very happy to see my cast members and friends all over again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll look forward to that.
Speaker 1: Do you and the guys have any plans for after that? You guys going to do like a big dinner or go out or anything like that. Maybe go have some beers.
Speaker 4: Well, in the mention, we joke about whoever got married, we'll all go there. So that's the first thing, you know, I hope I'll get an answer all around that time, you know, if that if really is going to happen. Second, of course, you know what will hug will love maybe.
Speaker 3: Also with tears, you know, because we miss each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you guys, you know you're pretty Los Angeles, you're pretty close to Las Vegas. Would you guys maybe go do like a Vegas trip?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, why not? We would love to have Yeah, we will even you know, thinking about to.
Speaker 4: A little island in a nearby Okay, yeah, if that happens, that'd be great.
Speaker 2: Well, if you guys go to Vegas, Joe is gonna want you to invite him, so keep that in mind.
Speaker 1: Charles, thank you so much for hopping back on and just watching you go through your journey. And you know the impact that had on you, but also your impact on others. I think it's really lifted a lot of people and just brought some happiness into the world. So we really appreciate you and everything you've done.
Speaker 4: Thank you, and please tell you know the fans there, you know, Charles missed them and Charles wanted to thank them for their love and support.
Speaker 1: I will in any any single Ladies, you're gonna you're gonna be entered into Charles' spreadsheet and he's gonna he's gonna figure it out, He's gonna assess the situation. Charles, Thank you again so much. Charles l what a gem. I mean, we're gonna get see him at mental all but so happy for him.
Speaker 2: To come on I know, I'm so happy we have mental hell to kind of reunite with all the men. But I think it's time we get into our episode before recap.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: So first group date we've got. I feel like this is kind of becoming like a Bachelor Nation favorite date. Like it's similar to the shopping date, the strip Tuesday. This is, you know, the second or third time we've seen it in a few seasons. It's always a good time, always fun for the lead. I feel like too, to just get to sit watch and it's flirty and it's energetic. And we've got Caitlin Bristow. What were you saying, Bristow Bristow, Caitlin Bristow, We've gotst We've got KB Caitlin Bristow making a cameo hosting this date. She's always really good at these. She's really good at hosting dates on The Bachelor, Like I never I never get sick of her doing these. Yeah, and they are teaming up with Stand Up to Cancer to bear it all to your doctor when it comes to your health.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you could see all the guys were very they they were very excited to do it for Stand Up for Cancer.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I feel like their enthusiasm when they found out they were going to be doing like a Chippendale stripper date was pretty low understandably, you know, they're like sixty. They're like, I don't know if I want to get up on stage and strip down.
Speaker 1: See that's why I think you're wrong. I think low key. They really wanted to and then they then they heard it was for cancer, and they're like, Okay, now I won't even feel embarrassed about it. Now I could really go all over. Really, that's what I think.
Speaker 2: Well, the the partnering with cancer I think is very fitting too because Joan, along with a lot of the men, lost their spouses to cancer. So we love, we love a cause, we love a good cause. Who were your standouts when it came to the dancing.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I think Jonathan he uh, the guys just in great shape, so he was like he actually looked like a stripper.
Speaker 2: I feel like he was, like, I was shocked when he said he hadn't done it before.
Speaker 1: When they called out the the older Chippendale guys, Jonathan could have been one of those guys.
Speaker 2: The older Tripadale guys looked great too, But that's what.
Speaker 1: I'm saying, Like Jonathan, in my opinion, I think would have could have fit in with those guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was really good. He was definitely a standout. I also thought that Gary did a really good job. He kind of like I think he was wearing like some surally professor cos his shirt ripped his shirt open. Chalk said something really nice just that like he wasn't super comfortable, but the day wasn't about him, it was about doing something for others. And I thought that was really sweet. I thought that was a good message to kind of ring throughout the episode of doing something for other people even when you feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you also kind of you like you have to say something, you know, Yeah, what you have to like, you have to do something like you can't just be Nobody likes the person that just doesn't want to be there and doesn't give it one hundred percent effort. That's why I would That's why I would be so bad at this, because I would really fight against doing it or trying, and then people would be like, well, we all gave it one hundred percent and this asshole gave it fifty percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you you know what it would be so interesting to see you go on the bacherette and make it further because you never had to do group dates. Yeah, and you had a hard time with one on one date activities when we were on the Bachelor in Paradise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't imagine you like on a group date.
Speaker 1: No, I'm too I'm too in my hat and I get too much, too much of a baby, and I I don't want to do this. So yeah, I'm one of those one of those people. I'm the worst. But like overall, yeah, I think it was a fun date, and I think I think a lot of the guys were moving better than jon't even expect it, and it was a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: I agree. Another standout has to be Keith because he just showed not only so much enthusiasm for the activity, he has been a lifelong dreamer of wanting to be a Chippendale dancer.
Speaker 1: Which he also stuck his head in between her legs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's gonna stand out for sure.
Speaker 1: That was funny because that was funny, just like Caitlyn's reaction, I was like, what what is exactly going on?
Speaker 2: But I thought it was so fun. I love that he got into it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he was like living his best life up there. And honestly, Caitlin's reaction made all of the dancing so much funnier because she was just shocked by everything that was happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then your guy Chock, he bear it it all.
Speaker 2: Chalk bared it all. I feel like he was one of the people that was on the more uncomfortable side. Like if we're on a scale, like Jonathan and Keith were the most comfortable, and then I would say Chalk was maybe the least comfortable with the activity, but you.
Speaker 1: Could tell chesso Chalk he's a successful businessman. Yeah, I think a very successful businessman. And usually, like those guys, doesn't matter like how uncomfortable they are. He gets it done, and he gets it done and he does it well.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, he's like I might not like this, but I'm still going to show up and get an A plus plus for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And that's why I'm envious of him, because if I would be like, all right, I'm just gonna get it done too, but I wouldn't pull it off. And that's the difference. Chalk did pull it off.
Speaker 2: He pulled it off. He crashed it. He showed up in his businessman's suit. He shook his ass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then we see it.
Speaker 2: We dance up on Joel and ten out of ten. Yeah, Okay. If you had to give out a group date Rose just on performance alone from the Chippendale's beard all day, who would get your rose?
Speaker 1: Uh? My Rose would solely go to the same person every week, and that would be Pascal, because I find I find him so funny every day he talks.
Speaker 2: I barely remember Pascal on that stage. Yo.
Speaker 1: No, he did he he he moved, he had he has abs and everything.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, I know, I do remember because he was like, y, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Show off my mind. Pascal is the oldest guy in the house in.
Speaker 2: The he looks amazing. He is ripped, He's in great shape. No, no, I do, I take it back. I do remember Pascal. I don't know who I'm gonna give it to. I mean Mark was great, Chalk was great. I'm gonna give it to Gary. I just like Gary. And I feel like we see a lot of his interviews but and his conversations with Joan. But I feel like we saw more of his personality on this date and just him being silly and you know.
Speaker 1: I like that, that's sure.
Speaker 2: Also thought it was great that they ended off the date with making a donation to the charity. I feel like it's got a great message. It touches home with Joan and a lot of the other contestants, as well as probably a lot of people watching. So, yeah, you know, if you're going to strip, do it for a good cause.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I love that. I could see a lot of them continuing this work because so many of them were affected by it, and honestly, they had so much fun doing it that I could see after the show a lot of these guys doing that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, shout out to Stand Up to Cancer. If you guys are loving the state as much as we are and you feel compelled to either donate or get involved with Stand Up to Cancer in any way. It's a great cause and you can find more information online at Bachelor Nation dot com.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 2: Okay, the night portion of this date, Joe talks about Joan talks about John, her late husband, being diagnosed with cancer and what that experience was like finding out on Valentine's Day. And I feel like the standout on this night portion was really mark for obvious reasons. I mean, his wife passed away due to cancer as well, and they were really able to kind of connect over that, and I feel like he was able to just relate to her and be like just someone to lean on when it comes to her grieving process and what it means to be searching for love again after you've lost your spouse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it has to be like with such a horrible situation, it has to be nice to find someone that you can relate to and just be able to talk to about it. And Mark is like that guy you could tell like he is like a girl dad, and he listens and he's just like he's just like a genuinely nice person.
Speaker 2: Not to compare Joey Kelsey's fiance and Mark kelsey zad right now, but they very similar. They are two men that we've seen on this show that are so good at both listening to what someone is saying and what they're going through and giving like the opposite of just like a generic response, like a really thoughtful, passionate response, like both sharing their own experience but also like validing their feelings, like giving them advice if that's what they're looking for, Like just very emotionally in tune when it comes to these more in depth conversations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good for Kelsey, and Kelsey's.
Speaker 2: Rated it too. I just feel like like Joey and Mark have both really exemplified that quality.
Speaker 1: Definitely, definitely.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's jump over to after this group day. We don't no one gets a rose the date she doesn't give out a group date rose. I feel like all the conversations we see she has are great. We see her talk to Chalk and the date went well and the night went well. We see Chalk at the mansion on the phone, and I feel like he had mentioned when he was talking to Joe like, oh, I'm going to get to talk to my mom soon. So I kind of thought that that's where maybe that was going. But he finds out that his mom sadly passed away very early that morning. Yeah, it sounds like she was with family or loved ones, and it was a care taker that was on the phone with him letting him know what had happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like Joan said, I mean, it's it's never it's never easy. It doesn't matter what age you are to hear that your your mother passed. So feel bad, so bad for Chock. And she understood that, like he had to leave, and we don't know as viewers, like we see at the end of the episode he comes back, but if viewers, we don't know if he's just gone for good. And it kind of seems a very similar similar way, a very similar situation to when Joan had to leave Gary season, but the difference here. So when Joan left Gary season, I was like, oh, Gary seems to really be into her. I think she likes him. But when Chock left.
Speaker 2: It was also only week three where we're now at week four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in Chock leaving, I was.
Speaker 2: Like, and Chalk had like the first one on one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And this was the first time I was like, Oh, they're they really like each other, Like the feelings are mutual. It doesn't seem like once more into the other, like they actually seem to be going places. So then in my head I'm like, oh, I actually, you know, I hope he comes back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I remember we kind of felt that way about Joan two was we were wondering if maybe in like a week or two, she would show back up, because it felt like she was going to go home support her daughter, and then there was a chance that she returned just because her and Gary did seem to have a really strong connection, and obviously that never happened. But Chalk leaving, yeah, I didn't know if he was going to come back or not. I mean, I know he said the passing of his mom wasn't a surprise. He didn't come out of know where. He was aware when he left that she was declining. They just obviously you never have any idea really how rapidly that's going to happen. So not a shock, but obviously still devastating news. So he went home to kind of help his family, be with his family, prepare any arrangements that need to be made. I don't know how long exactly he was gone.
Speaker 1: For, but probably probably a few days. But I will say like he seems like a very sincere man, and him coming back also just kind of shows us how real this experience is for him and how much he really likes Joan, because think about it, you know, if he laughed, I'm sure if he was at that into Joan, I'm sure when he got home he would have probably come to that realization. So for him coming back to me, it's like, Okay, they might end up together.
Speaker 2: No, I totally agree in the sense of, like if I'm him, like I'm only hauling my ass back to the mansion, if I'm really into the person, or like it's going somewhere like maybe I don't know if she's the one yet or if I'm the strongest connection there, but like there's got to at least be some serious potential and reassurance if I'm gonna leave my family in this time of loss and grieving to go back on tell vision after I've just lost my mom to continue dating this woman. Yeah, and in the truly, if it was not going on between them, like I don't think he would have come back.
Speaker 1: And then from Joan's point of view, it's got to put him like so much I don't want to like further ahead than the other guys because like, this guy came back, so now she knows, she knows that he really likes her, which is probably just gonna help her her feelings just move quicker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's reassuring for her to see that he has kind of put what's going on in his personal life on hold for the time being to continue this journey in pursuing her, which I think is very romantic and I think it intensifies their relationship and probably makes their feelings stronger. I also would take him a lot more seriously if I was young or if yeah, if I was Joan, because I'm gonna look at him and be like, okay, like he's really put his life on hold to be here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And now you know their conversations are going to be more in depth and a little more heavier because of something like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And they are also probably something bonded through it in the way that she has supported him and been there for him in a time of grief, which I think connects people.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I'm curious to see where that relationship goes, because it's definitely just due to this incident, surpassed probably quite a few people in the house.
Speaker 1: I agree, I agree, But we do have We do have a few one on one dates this episode.
Speaker 2: Some quickie one on ones. We got Jordan, who I really like Jordan. I've liked him the whole time. He seems great.
Speaker 1: I like Jordan too, and I think she really likes him.
Speaker 2: I do think so too. I think that they have a connection for sure.
Speaker 1: That we're at the point of the season now where I'm looking at the rest of the guys that are here in Jordan being one of them, and be like, Okay, this is all starting to make sense.
Speaker 2: Like you feel like the front Runners are falling into place. Yes, yeah, I agree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because like I think, at the beginning of every season, there's just so much going on that you don't really even get the fully understand or see how the lead actually feels about these people, Like you see it in bits and pieces. But now we're starting to see it just in longer segments, and I'm like, okay, like Joan talking to Jordan, I'm like, okay, I'm buying into that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, yeah, I agree. You're just seeing longer clips of them connecting, and you're starting to get a taste of like where the relationships are at. I feel like the first few weeks it's just like you said, like snippets of conversations, and now you're like, oh, her and Jordan are actually they really like each other? Yeah, Like this could potentially get serious.
Speaker 1: I think a big thing for for Joan, and I would assume for a lot of these guys too, is going to be about like are you willing to move? Where do you live? Can we can we have a long term, long distance relationship. I think that's going to play a big part too in her decision.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so interesting because I feel like the conversation on Bachelor and Bauchelrette is always like, do you want kids? Can you move with your job? What are your goals in the future, Like how do you see the next five ten years of your life playing out? Do you want a family? And the conversations when it comes to like deal breakers here always the same but different. Yeah, it's like still about family, and it's still about location, and it's still somewhat about work if they're still working. But just jump it like fifty years ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 2: But Jordan was a really good sport. I cannot believe he ended up on a date that's a skating date when he doesn't know how to skate. That's actually really nerve racking.
Speaker 1: I feel like, oh, I don't think so, I actually think it's I actually think a place to your benefit?
Speaker 2: Really what?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you could, it's you can make fun of yourself. It's not like not everyone it's not like it's like walk, you know, it's like every not everyone knows not everyone knows how to skate. So you could have fun with it, You could play with it, especially if she knows how to skate.
Speaker 2: That's true. And you know what, I think it speaks to his personality being able to laugh at himself and not take it so seriously and get like mad and embarrassed that he doesn't know what he's doing. Like that makes it more fun.
Speaker 1: And I also think it makes him stand out a little bit because she looks at him as being like a very athletic guy and probably good at most things. So then to see him like out of his element, out of his element, and yeah, you just see like another side of him that you just you just learn more, and if you learn more, you end up liking them more, you know.
Speaker 2: I agree. And then the second one on my date we have is guy. He's on a cooking baking date. They kind of connect on like how family dinners are really important and how she has kind of started this tradition of Sunday night dinners at her place. Did you grow up with family dinners? What was your family dinner vibe?
Speaker 1: My grandmother, my Norwegian grandmother.
Speaker 2: Who was married to an Italian and.
Speaker 1: Was married to Italian, did Italian Sunday dinners? Every Sunday until I was, like, I want to say, they kind of stopped once. I probably probably after eighth grade. At least I dipped out after eighth grade.
Speaker 2: Out you stopped going after eight I'm actually surprised you made.
Speaker 1: It that while you know what, guys, I'm out. I'm a freshman now.
Speaker 2: I actually remember after your grandmother passed, one of your aunts messaged and said that she was going to host a Sunday dinner on your grandma's and your grandma's honor.
Speaker 1: Sure, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Sure that did happen. We just don't live there, so we didn't go.
Speaker 1: But yeah, no, she made the best, the best meatballs. But I do. I I believe in that. Like I think having like a family dinner once a week is really nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my parents are always pretty big on sitting down and having dinner together. Yeah, they were like, even if like sometimes it's in front of the TV, like just sitting down and eating a meal together.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's very important to have dinner, like a sit down dinner every night. Like I think you should take time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you should definitely eat pot lunch.
Speaker 1: Listen, Serena. My point is I believe that you should always have like a nice I think it's important to have a nice dinner every night. I think rushing dinner is a mistake. Why because life short and it's like it's like, just make it nice. You could have, you know, nice dinner. And I'm not saying you have to go out to a nice restaurant, but you can have a nice dinner at home.
Speaker 2: We do take dinner pretty seriously, but we always sit down and have a nice dinner.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So yeah, Guy Guy in jone. Okay, so Guy was one of my final four guys. I like him. I don't know what I'm seeing between those two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, it's I can't tell yet because I like Guy and I think that they get a long while. But I don't know if I saw like the chemistry when they were like cooking together and but I don't know. Maybe it's like more of a friendship.
Speaker 1: That well that yeah, but that's that's kind of what I'm getting, getting more more friendship vibes.
Speaker 2: Friendship vibes. Yeah, I don't know if it's feeling overly romantic. She just doesn't seem as giddy around him. Yeah, and some of the other guys.
Speaker 1: And Guy, I remember really stood out because I really liked his his limbo entrance, and I saw that I thought like it seemed like so that sparked that I thought that I saw night one, I don't necessarily see anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of agree with you on that. Yeah, but I like him and I like to the date. I thought the cooking day it was cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and like we could definitely be wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course you can always be wrong. This is just we're just speculating. Okay, let's go to the Rose ceremony slash cocktail hardy. I think the big event of this is obviously Chalk comes back.
Speaker 1: Yep, which we basically touched on when we talked about him bang. But I but like, yeah, I don't know. To me, it's it's like it's giving charity in Dotten like.
Speaker 2: Well, we also we also just saw a lot of Chalk and Jones relationship this episode, like way more than we have in any other episode. And also just like way more we've seen, Like I would say at this point, just from this episode, we've seen Chalk and Joe more than any other couple. Yeah, So I don't know if that will like change as the episodes go on and we see her with like Jordan Moore and some of the other but I.
Speaker 1: Will say, out of all the one on one so far this season, the one that I remember is Chalk's. Oh actually no, I also remember Pascal's. But there is just there's a difference between how I think she feels about Pascal and how I think she feels about Truck.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, that's for sure. But another stand out I would say is Keith and her conversation. Just I feel like they had such a strong start and he was just one of the people that came in very confident and very natural, and they bonded over loving the beach and they were playing games and it was so fun. And he just totally panicked in this episode, like he was like tripping over his words. I was like, what is happening. I've never seen someone go into like anxious panic mode like week four.
Speaker 1: Will you know what? I think?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: And I think I'm I think I'm pretty right on this. Keith is a social butterfly. He's seems to be. You could just tell he's one of those guys that he's just great in a crowd. He's great around a lot of people. He's personal he's charismatic. He he knows how to how to work the crowd, and I think, like somebody like Keith Shines night one, when there's everyone's there, it's hectic, there's a lot going on. Yeah, and then you put him in a situation that he hasn't he's not used to at all, or at least it's probably been a while to where he set up like a romantic picnic date for a woman, and I think he just realized how vulnerable he felt in that moment. And then I think he got in his head and I think it was just straight paniced. You nailed it, and that that's what I think happened. So that's why I'm like, Yeah, it's like because we know you, like you said, you never really see that like week four. Yeah, But I just think it was just because he hasn't been in that situation. We're only seeing him on group dates, you know, you're seeing him in the and he's probably he's a guy's guy, you could tell, Like I think all those things that I think what it was like in the moment, like you panic, But the good thing is she didn't send them home.
Speaker 2: She didn't send them home, Yeah, which I would have been surprised if she did, because he was.
Speaker 1: I thought she was sending home because of that.
Speaker 2: I mean, the only thing I was wondering is, you know, he definitely put himself out there to kind of make a romantic moment that just seemed to fall through. And I don't know if I felt like she was maybe like maybe he felt like she wasn't reciprocating those romantic feelings that he was trying to put out there, and that was also feeding into the anxiety. Like He's another one where I feel like loved him from the beginning. Literally in the beginning, I was like, oh my god, like she could totally end up with this guy, And now I'm wondering if they've fallen into more friendship than romance. But I could also just be going off this one incident where the date just kind of didn't really hit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's just I just feel like, at this point of the season, if a date doesn't hit, it's not great. It's not great.
Speaker 2: I like Keith, I like too. We will see, but we say goodbye to some favorites. I mean, the guys are so great. It's at this part getting really hard to say goodbye to them. But the four people that were sent home were Gary, Dan, Charles, and Gil Gary. I feel like, really, what was the second name you said? Gary? Dan?
Speaker 1: Oh? Dan?
Speaker 2: Who Dan? We had on our podcast.
Speaker 1: Ye. Dan's such a nice guy.
Speaker 2: We loved Dan. He has a wild story. Yeah, so it was sad to see him go. And Gary. I don't think I know if I ever really felt it from Joan for Gary, but I felt like Gary was really emotionally invested in the relationship and really putting his heart out there for Joan.
Speaker 1: He was also just like a good energy, high energy guy. Like to me, the guys that went home now are going to affect the other guys in the house so much more, like.
Speaker 2: Like losing Gary and Charles is a huge hit for like the vibes in the house for the group, because like Charles is out here teaching tai chi in the morning by the pool, Gary's out here ripping his shirt off during the stripper date making everyone laugh. Like he just seems like he's a.
Speaker 1: Total You're losing big personalities and this is the time of the show where now everyone's like, Okay, it's getting serious. Why my hair again? Because yeah, yeah, definitely, I think that's what's happening.
Speaker 2: And it's just like less and less guys to do Pascal's laundry and make his food.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, we also do see in the teaser I can't wait to see, but it looks like Pascal gets involved in some shit too.
Speaker 2: Yeah well, we will have to stay tuned to see how that plays out next week, and you guys will have to stay tuned to listen to our interview with Mark coming up.
Speaker 1: Yep, thank you so much for listening about your happy Hour. Make sure you download and subscribe and we will see you soon.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening. Bye,