Speaker 1: Kutbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old Republic, a sol fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse. Wow to Clearinghouse of hot takes, break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air eywhere The Fifth Hour with Me, Ben Maller and Danny g Radio As we settle in to the first podcast we have ever done. In February of twenty twenty six, we are a week away, one week from today. It is odd like Donkey Kong, Danny, the forty nine Ers, the host team. They're not in the game, but the game will be in their stadium, and the Seahawks and the Patriots, who will I think later today? I know the Patriots are having a big going away party. Mike the Leprechaun is going to be there. He's our boots on the ground in Foxboro. And I don't know about the Seahawks, but I assume they'll be on their way today. Maybe the Seahawks are going tomorrow, but they'll be in northern California for the big game, and so that'll be what everyone's yapping about this week. And I'm sure they'll be eight million other controversies, Danny, but exciting times. Look at this, We're a week away from a new champion in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And as we are doing this, I'm packing my bags, trying to figure out how to squish everything into maybe two carry ons. Can I get away with not doing a checked bag, that's the question.
Speaker 1: Well, the company, I'm sure will pay for it, so you don't need to worry about that.
Speaker 3: You're that's true, but they don't pay you until much later, so the money still has to come out of your pocket initially.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I knowing we're I've stayed in the past. I mean, are you Are you staying in the Tenderloin district? Is that where you're being put up? That's the case. I would not bring anything. I would just leave everything, just bring one pair of clothes and then and then that's it. But yeah, you'll be You'll be there. I'll even be in San Francisco later later this week for a couple of days. At the end of the week, I'll be there. We'll be doing this podcast from Radio Row. I know they changed the name of it, but to me, forever, as long as I'm alive, the term, the colloquial term will be Radio Row. That's what it was. Just like I will still call the Washington Commanders the Washington Redskins, and the Cleveland Guardians will be the Cleveland Indians, because that's the name that I had for most of my life, and Radio Row was the name. I know. They're trying to become cool with the influencer, crowd nanny. They're really all about that now. They want those those influencers involved. They even hired a guy with a with a with a record, a rap sheet. They hired a guy to be their their director of kindness and all that.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought you were talking about Stukets. Oh yeah, record.
Speaker 1: He might he might have made a record at some point. Steve Gott I guess to meet him this week. Unbelievable. How about that he does the show from Miami, So we have actual letters. So we just get to the right to the mail bag, Daniel, what do you say, get ohio Al, my guy, ohio Al can get us in the mood? Yes, it's all right there. It is thank you, ohiol. First, these are actual letters, by the way, from actual listeners. You can send a correspondence in via Real fifth hour at gmail dot com. All letters, no numbers, Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com. That is how you can contact us. We thank you. A lot of people lately, I do like this, have been sending stories that they think are interesting. It's become a new thing on the mailbag. I don't mind that. I'm cool with that. I like that. That's fun. We can play around with these different stories. For example, I'm sure this is just a coincidence. A Kuinky dink Danny. The first one's from Peter in Chicago, and he sends a story out of Louisville, Kentucky. And he says, Ben, can we get some tinderny tips about that? That's og from Danny g on whether this is money well spent or not. So Danny, he sends a story here. The Louisville Nature Center is running a promotion for Valentine's Day. They will let you name a roach a cockroach after your ex for Valentine's Day, and then they will feed it to a turtle. So that is the deal. And this guy Peter wants to know, do you think it's money well spent or not? And by the way, for the record, according to this what Peter sent me, it's going to cost you twenty or thirty dollars to have a cockroach eaten by a turtle.
Speaker 3: I think the most interesting thing out of all this is how you say Louisville, because I said that when I worked on NBC Sports Radio back in the day a couple of years before Tinderony Tips and Brian Weber from the NFL network ripped my head off on the air and he said, Danny, shit it with me, Louisville.
Speaker 1: Well, I know Weber, he used to fill in for me, and screw him. No, that's what I said. You know, it's people know what we're getting at, right, You got to just kind of be in the area, and uh yeah no. But as far as this.
Speaker 3: Though, Louisville, Louisville, Louisville.
Speaker 1: You're right there at church Churchill Now is not far away from there, And you're at that right there at Churchill Now. He's got a guy, big fan of the Overnight show. He works at the stables at Churchill Downs.
Speaker 3: Ben if this was tinderony tips. I'd say, let the past go. You don't even pay attention to what's going on with your cockreach. You've got to move forward with your life.
Speaker 1: Well that's nice and all. But Danny, here's my thing to me, the angle and Peter the angle on this is, how can we do something similar, Danny, What a great hustle, what a great of course, they say, it's all for charity, and it goes to keep the Louis Louv Louv Nature Center going. But twenty to thirty bucks, how much? How can we find cockroaches there?
Speaker 3: Everywhere?
Speaker 1: Right, there's cockroaches all over the place. So we'd hoard up some cockroaches and then you see me you send them a little video. I guess it's thirty dollars if you want a video of the Oh yeah, just go in the ceiling at work, Danny. There's a bunch of cockroachs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, where we work. It used to be at Denny's. Way back in the day when I was a little kid, I ate at that Denny's.
Speaker 1: Ben Oh, I never ate at that Denny's, although I did eat the Denny's down the street. There's a Denny's down the street down Ventura No Paulvitter down to Pulvtter. There's a Denny's and that's the Denny's where it's wrapped around a hotel. Yeah, is really cool because that's where all hookers hang out in between on their break. They go in there to have a deal.
Speaker 3: I'm a doctor and it's connected to that hotel, that shady hotel. Remember that there was something where the power was out right and I had to stay there. I think you stayed there one time as well for work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've stayed a few times. The last last time I didn't stay at that hotel. I was there for Karmageddon. Remember Karmageddon. Here's They were worried that we wouldn't be able to get to work, so they got us hotel rooms. And they were probably so upset Danny because there was no traffic for Carmageddon and they wasted all that money. It's kind of like those if you if you live in a city like and it rained or not rains but snows, they'll give. Like my guys, I was friends with the morning guys at w E I and Jerry Callahan and those guys, and when they had a snow storm, they'd get them a hotel room right next to the radio station and they pay for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I heard Dan Patrick doing this last week with the dan Etts, going into the weekend where there was going to be eleven feet of snow in Connecticut. He offered to get hotel rooms for the crew next to the studio.
Speaker 1: Well that he's got like seventy five sidekicks, so that's expensive. He's gonna have to rent a higher hotel.
Speaker 3: Dan, I'm gonna.
Speaker 1: Cost you some money. Mike in Fullerton writes, and he says, Happy February. First, Ben and Danny g I've got two heavy hitting questions. First, do you guys hold drinks in your left or right hand? I'm right handed, but I mainly use my left. Let's do that one first. I usually use my left hand too. I believe I do use my left hand. It's weird though, because I use my now that I think about it, I use my left hand to hold it, and then when I drink it, I'll usually put in my right hand.
Speaker 3: Don't you use your left hand to hold it and your right hand to mix the drink up with your straw?
Speaker 1: No, but I like what I'll do is I'll hold it with my left hand and then when I want to drink it, I'll transfer it to the right hand.
Speaker 3: You know what, But with you with your right hand, you're holding straw? Am I I don't know, No, that's Rich Davis.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's Rich Davis.
Speaker 3: Yeah. We tease him in Las Vegas because he always has that name, all straw and all his drinks. Well, like, you know, you look like a big time pussy with that right.
Speaker 1: Well, now, in Vegas, that'll cost you like eight hundred dollars that drink. And you know, a walk with the straw, the loop d loop straw, that'll cost you a lot, yeah, he says Danny. G are you as excited for this year's NFL draft as you were for the one nine years ago? Ben was flabbergasted by you being a fan of the draft. So I'm wondering if anything changed for your sake. I hope Fernando Mendoza will be better as a first round pick than the one the Raiders took nine years ago. Garn Conley, I don't even remember that.
Speaker 3: Oh Gary Conley, Yeah from Ohio State.
Speaker 1: How'd that work?
Speaker 3: He had flashes of brilliance, and those flashes were very small and he's out of the league. I got to cover one Raiders game before they left Oakland and it happened to be against the Cleveland Browns. Gary on Conley made the play of the game and ran it back for a pick six, the big highlight of the game for the Raiders. The Raiders actually pulled out the victory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is nice though that the Raiders, since they don't win that often. You remember the wins. The wins stand out. They don't win very much, so when they.
Speaker 3: Were Yeah, oh, and I'm excited about the draft. I don't think there's a high probability that Fernando Mendoza is going to get lost in the Purple train.
Speaker 1: No, he might leave the Raiders to go on a mission somewhere or something like that. Right, there's a chance that he might leave the team for other reasons. But not that Connley, the guy that was posted photos with guns. There was some Raider draft picked.
Speaker 3: That was no. No, I know you're talking about. That wasn't in Conley. Binley never got into trouble. Okay, he was a good dude on and off the field. He just his play was very inconsistent.
Speaker 1: Was it defensive back, I remember, I.
Speaker 3: Think it was Yeah, it was a corner.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the guy they drafted, I think in the same draft with with the wide receiver. I think anyway, all right, Alf from the kitchen rights in, He says, Ben, now that you're on the YouTube with Benny versus the Penny, have you fallen off the wagon and gone full Benny Crocker and gotten back to your cookie roots. He also says, what's in the box in the mail room? Well, Alf, I appreciate you. You did send something, Alf, and it's it's still in the mail room. As far as I know, I didn't see it. I didn't make a trip to the mail room, which is right next to the Coast to Coast studio where George Norri does his show. Well not right next to it, but it's on that floor in the building, and I didn't see it. And we our mail service is it's it's the opposite of the Pony Express, Danny. It's it's very odd. It's I feel like we're in prison and they dropped the mail off once a month or something like that. It's very bizarre. But I did not get the mail out. And as far as the Benny the Baker stuff. I have started baking a little bit. In fact, I just made this weekend white chocolate Macadamian the cookies, which I love. It's very, very bad racist. I used to when I covered the Clippers back when they played at the sports arena, the Mausoleum as we called it. Back of the day when no one went to their games. One of the perks of being in the media. There was this local cookie place called Snookies Cookies, which I don't know if they're still around or not. They're in a southern California cookie shop and they would drop off cookies for the media and there was no media. The Clippers had no media because they were the Clippers. So we would leave with boxes of their cookies and they were amazing because no media ate them because there was no media. They were free and I got so fat on those, but they my favorite. One of those Snooky cookies was the macadamia nut chalk white chocolate macadamianus. I've made a ripoff version at home, so but I'm trying trying to be good. Danny and and for.
Speaker 3: We must have been laying in bed with those back then, and you're big eating you were like cookie monster.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I boxes them and they were so covered in grease that you know, the paper was covered in grease because they've been sitting around for a little bit and I didn't care. They're good, so so great, and miss well.
Speaker 3: By the way, really quick to circle all the way back around. That was cornerback damon our net.
Speaker 1: Okay, I apologize to whoever else I claimed.
Speaker 3: Yeah you were. You were trying to indict Gary on Conley.
Speaker 1: I just you know, you think raider defensive back. I don't know. It's all one giant purple or silver and black ball of.
Speaker 3: Whatever name, one big NFL book on exactly.
Speaker 1: JT the Wingman rights in from Knoxville, Tennessee adjacent. He says, dear Ben and Danny g Is, I wonder what to do on a weekend with no NFL football. I am quickly reminded that it's going to snow here in eastern Tennessee. I thought I left this stuff behind in Wisconsin, says JT. Now, since Ben and ferg Dog is in the snow capital of the America in Fullerton and you are close, I figured I could get advice on what to do with all this snow that has fallen as I have quickly forgotten from my Wisconsin is thanks your beloved fan JT. The wingman who's likely on the treadmill right now. He also says he asked, Danny needs to introduce little CoA to snow at a young age. Have you taken CoA to the snow yet?
Speaker 3: Danny?
Speaker 1: No, you gotta do it. Man, gotta have a snowball fight with the little fella. That's the movie.
Speaker 3: Man. This kid wiles out like a psychopath around puddles. Can you imagine him with snow.
Speaker 1: Get him a snow sled. Come on, you gotta do it, Danny, You got you got. The next couple of months we got snow in the mountains and here in.
Speaker 3: La get up there, hold him a sweet jump.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, he's gonna that'd be so much fun. He's at a great age. I mean, you love it. That's awesome. Yeah. I didn't even really go to the snow when I was really little. I think the first time I went to the snow was in the cub Scouts. We had a field trip up into a thick Big Bear. I think we went to Big Bear and we had a cabin and it was snow and I was like, the most amazing thing. I was like, Wow, this is just like the movies. It is wild and crazy and all that. And I mentioned I think I mentioned this over the weekend. I don't know all these all these podcasts are the same, Danny, and all them podcasts are the same. My brother who lives in I don't know what you're talking about. But my older brother, who's a nut job, he goes out running every morning around the streets of Manhattan, right, so he's running along, and he sent me a bunch of photos from the Hudson River which was covered in chunks of ice. It was so cold in Manhattan this week, and he was sending me this. And then my other brother lives in Appleton, Wisconsin, which is just south of Green Bay, the frozen tundra. And these guys grew up in the same environment I grew up in. We all grew up in the same house. And these two knuckleheads live in New York's not as cold as Wisconsin, but it's like this time of the year. The other day, Nanny. In fact, I text my brothers. I said, we really had it got really cold here. I had to turn the air on. It got down into the sixties with the air condition because it was in the eighties. Outside it's like two degrees or something like that. The other day it was insane, wacky, wacky wacky. As far as snow removal though, JT. I've seen those videos online. Have you seen this nanny where they take the blow torch really effect not safe, but really effective for snow The blow torch really good.
Speaker 3: They see the trick, the viral trick that was going around where people lay the big blue tarp down and then just pull the tarp that way they don't have to clear their you know, they're stooped.
Speaker 1: No I'm not good. I like that go down.
Speaker 3: You don't have to shovel the walkway if you haven't tarp down. You know, the snow gets heavy enough on there and then you just pull the whole tarp and just drag it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's cool. I did see somebody had a robotic like the way Mow of snow removal that will go up and down your driveway and it's automatic. You just say it's like, set it and forget it. Imagine how much that must cost though, that can't.
Speaker 3: Be cheap, no way.
Speaker 1: George from the Bay writes in and he says, hello, gentlemen, I hope your weekend is going well. I wanted to get your thoughts on the influencer and he sends a story here. George says an influencer who weighs four hundred and sixty pounds called the police on a gym in Brazil after he allegedly was refused membership for being too fat. The guy is thirty five in Sal Paulo, and the gym said he cannot participate. He was in a swimming class, a trial swimming class, and they said it was a safety risk. So sounds fattist to me, h, Danny, I was. I was fatter than four to sixty at my biggest and I would certainly not call the cops. You know, is that a crime the gym's claiming from what this guy, George said, the gym's claiming a safety risk, which kind of it kind of makes some sense, I don't. I guess the only reason you'd call the cops is because you're an influencer, right, Dan, If you're gonna you're an influencer, the cops, right if you're not. I wasn't an influencer. I was just the person.
Speaker 3: Is he going to shed the weight though, you know, doesn't have a starting point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, according to this, he's actually lost he's lost two hundred pounds, so he must have been like seven hundred pounds or something close to say.
Speaker 3: Damn. He was like and it's like when the late great rapper Big Pun came to do an interview at my radio station. Yeah, they lifted him up in a crane to get him up the stairs to our building. No, they didn't crane. The record company rented a like one of those little crane things to pick them up.
Speaker 1: Yikes. How do you end up in that spot? How do you whatever happens? Is he still he's not alive anymore? Is he?
Speaker 3: Unfortunately he went to a camp and I won't say the F word, he lost a lot of weight, but he lost it to rap and so it hurt his vital organs and he passed away.
Speaker 1: Ah that sucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember there was a place, yeah, the umpire Eric Greg remember Eric Greg?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, there's a place at Duke. I think Duke was known for that that they had the big Like if you you needed to go to the fat farm, you you'd go. Oh, I said, it, I said, fat farm me. Did you go down there? You and I just that was the that was the movement. That's wild.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: You think losing the weight's great, but then if you do lose it too fast, I know you're you're you have all kinds of problem, not just your organs, but your hair. If you lose weight, that's your hair will fall out.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's way too much stress on your whole system if you do it too quickly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty pretty wacky, all right. Brian from Minneapolis writes into the mail bag, says, hey, bandon, Danny uh oh, he wants to talk about the Bella check thing. He says, we can all agree that those who voted for Belichick to be in the Hall of Fame believe that even though he got caught twice for cheating, that he served his punishment should get in. Those who didn't believe that he should have gotten a harsher punishment. If not an outright Ben, he says.
Speaker 3: Big Ben, I told you about this on the Odd Couple.
Speaker 1: Back in twenty twenty. He says, in either way, shouldn't be real questions? Shouldn't the real questions rather be about the man up top of all of it, and he's talking about Roger Goodell, foresaw both scandals, handed down the punishments. Deep down, the voters hate Goodell and in a way, they think Belichick is his boy. Should the questions that are asked of those who didn't vote Belichick in b do you have confidence that the commissioner would render the right decision in both cases? If not, do you have confidence that he should still be the commissioner? Also? Do you believe that the commissioner's inconsistency regarding punishments, players, coaches, et cetera. Would leave you to believe that he did more damage to the integrity of the sport than what Belichick did. That's from Brian.
Speaker 3: That is way too well written for this show.
Speaker 1: Brian obviously educated something that we're not used to. Yeah, so it's I think you're going too deep on this, Brian. I do based on what I have seen from the people that have voted, and I know the names. I actually know some of these people. I've worked alongside them in press boxes over my years in the in the media business, so I know some of them casually. These are not the brightest people in the world either. I mean, I neither am I, But they're not thinking like that. They got swayed. It was a zoom call. I don't think it cuts that deep. And some of it is personal because Belichick was a total dick in Dayton. You know, it was a schmuck and he treated people poorly, and so I think there are some of that. But even if, like, even if you thought he was an a hole guy, he's voting him into the Hall of Fame. It's not the Baseball Hall of Fame, even the Baseball Hall of Fame, as I ranted about in the middle of the night this week, allowing you cheating asshole to do that here Carlos, the Carls Belt trying to get in the Hall of Fame, so and Belichick will get in and all that and then you know, so, anyway, you guys spent a lot of time on that this week, Danny ranting about Belichick. It seemed to be the story. Everyone was yapping about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thankfully, the guys really only talked about it the day that the news broke during our show. They talked about it that day in a little bit the next day, and then they dropped it after that, which was good. I didn't want to hear about it any longer.
Speaker 1: I like the voters that are announcing slowly. It's like a leaking fossil announcement. Why didn't vote for Belichick? And here's why? My favorite Yes, the.
Speaker 3: Essay I wrote on why I made my decision the way I.
Speaker 1: Did to pay wall at a newspaper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, make sure you I don't care and I don't want to read your explanation.
Speaker 1: All right, Reggie from Detroit, Reggie, I hope you were listening to the radio show this week. You got a shout out from Shane and the Moye. Shane in the Moyne a fan of Reggie from Detroit. He says, Ben, that's a big time Ben, and Danny are you? And he says, Ben, are you? And Joe Rogan related. I saw this and I thought it's something that you would do. And apparently Joe Rogan was to be nominated for the Golden Globe's Best Podcast Award. According to this what Reggie sent, except he refused to pay the five hundred dollars fee to be not me. No, all right, Reggie, A I didn't know about this. Be that is absolutely something that I would do. That is I will. I am. I. If you're gonna give me an award, that's great, but I'm not going.
Speaker 3: To This is like back in the day when you found out about Guinness Records.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, oh yeah, that's right, the Guinness World Records. I wanted to do a bit for the show where we were going to have a Guinness World Record. I thought it was great. I can't remember Danny. I came up with all these different ideas.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you had a whole list.
Speaker 1: I had a whole bunch of things that we're gonna do to said a Guinness Records. So I reached out to the good people at Guinness. I said, listen, I do a national radio show. I'm big fans of your company, and I think this is great. We could do some cross promotion here and I've got all these ideas. I grew up with your book, yeah, the whole thing. And they said sure, and then they I forget how much, but they said, yeah, just there's a fee, and then you have to be approved and what are you doing.
Speaker 3: And you have to pay for their judges to fly and watch break the records exactly now.
Speaker 1: The only one I would consider, Danny, because I think it would be like, you know, at some point we're all going to kick the bucket, and that's it would be the Hollywood start, like the Walk of Fame, which you can get. But that's like I think it's like forty thousand dollars now it used to be ten thousand, and that was twenty thousand. But I look at that like a cemetery kind of thing, like people most people don't even know the names when they walk by, but it's like your name is there and all that. But you have to pay for that too. So to me, anything you got to pay for that's a good hustle. Though, because there are people we know in our business, Danny and Radio and Reggie. There are people that work at radio companies that certain magazines that I think only exist Dandy to give out awards because they know that these companies will pay big money to have their talent win awards. So it's a it's a rig deal in some of these things. And yeah, but that's good. I would definitely. I'm like, I'm like Joe Rogan. I don't have as much money as Joe Rogan, but I would not pay five hundred dollars to be nominated for some gazy golden gloamed podcast. The word please my God.
Speaker 3: Both titewads. That's where the similarities end.
Speaker 1: Yeah slightly, yes. Next up Kwang from Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam. He has two questions. He says, Big Ben and Daddy G Radio. He says, question number one, were you ever employee of the month? That's question number one? Danny? Did you ever win an award from the company free cupcakes? Anything along those lines?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me? I'm thinking about the last FM radio station I worked at. I was suspended with pay, but I was suspended tully me because of something I did on the air that they didn't like. But you know, hey, Ben, that's how you get ratings, right, You toe the line. You put your toe right on the line. And that's what I did at that FM radio station. And it's funny because the guy they had doing my afternoon show while I was at home licking my wounds, he left for another job at some Arizona radio station and they called me back in and they put me back on the air, and they gave me a bit of a bump and pay because they needed my services again. So they're like, hey, we got a little dip in the rating. We need you to do your thing again. Nice I had to last laugh. But yeah, I got the opposite of employee of the month.
Speaker 1: I have never ever sniffed employee of the month. That does. I feel like that's the daytime thing. They don't give it to people at night and they give you cupcakes or.
Speaker 3: Something like that.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, the employee of the month, we're going to know, cupcakes in the break room or something like that. Well, we don't have anything like that. Also, Quwang writes, and he says, what happened to the phrase of the week and backscratcher, And he points out he has not heard these on the podcast in a while. That's Kwang in Ho Chi Minh Vietnam guaranteed humans. So we did stop backscratcher. It wasn't intentional, Danny, I don't think any Yeah.
Speaker 3: It just ran its course. Like a lot of things, you know, shows evolved. You can't just stay doing the same thing for years. There are staples like the mail bag, but other than that, all the features change.
Speaker 1: Well, and even the mail bag is you know, it flips around a little bit like if you want, Qwang, we haven't. I haven't checked this in a while, but we'll check backscratcher and we did.
Speaker 3: It's probably the last one. It's probably twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: No, we actually got we got a couple. We one in October, Landscaper Shorty wrote five stars Big Ben and Danny g are ten out of ten.
Speaker 3: But that.
Speaker 1: Then a white Connor, Danny white Connor wrote in this was.
Speaker 3: It's got to be racist, got to be racist.
Speaker 1: That's on twelve twenty two of last year, so just not that. Well, I guess it's been a month. Wow over a month. He says, if you need sports takes, you have not heard or hear about a man who takes ninety minute showers and misses the bus to a professional sports event. This is your show. Well, that's a great tribute to Helmet Man, who does talk about his ninety minute showers, his Obama phone and everything else. He's such a character. Helmetman's calling daytime shows. He called the.
Speaker 3: Oh man, Am I on the live daytime air.
Speaker 1: He's so great. I'm actually on the live air. Yes, you're on the He's quite the character. But to thank you white Connor and thank you Landscaper Shorty, And if you do want to review the podcast the Apple podcast page podcast dot Apple dot com and then type in fifth hour and write a little review on that and it does help.
Speaker 3: And with a name like Connor, we already know you're white.
Speaker 1: Hello this podcast. I did not know this until I looked at the podcast page. I've been doing this thing with you for a while. I was with Guess Khan. I started this in twenty nineteen, seven years now of podcasting. Seven years of podcasting. Danny, WHOA, that's wild.
Speaker 3: And I mean you and I have done almost nine hundred episodes. It is in insane.
Speaker 1: I guess you just keep your head down and all of a sudden the numbers go up, up and away. Scotty from Florida rights inder the mailbag. He says, Ben and Danny. With the Super Bowl coming up next week, I am once again reminded that Janet Jackson is a national hero who got a raw deal. Would Roger Goodell spontaneously combust if that t bow moment happened in twenty twenty six, or would he immediately start monetizing the viral moment because that's what the NFL does. Yeah, Well, at the time, Danny, I was on the air during that Super Bowl, and we didn't even realize why right away. You got understand twenty was it twenty years ago? Right? I think it was twenty years ago. Like people weren't on social media. Twitter did not exist. Social media was much different, so it was it. It was like a little bit laid reaction before people realized what had gone on.
Speaker 3: And that's when you were dropping your mixtape on MySpace.
Speaker 1: My Space is huge. Yeah, well, times are different. I mean, if you want to see that stuff, it's ever. You can see boobies wherever you want. You don't need to go on on an NFL halftime. I guess we might see some from Bad Bunny at halftime. I don't know the halftime show stuff. I don't get. I've never cared about the halftime show. I just it's I don't I'm getting.
Speaker 3: Well, you're the same guy that doesn't like bumper music, so it's not exactly like, yeah, it's not surprising.
Speaker 1: If I want to see music, Danny, I'll go see music. If I want to see football, see football. I don't, you know. It's like it's like I don't for me, it's everyone that gets worked up into a ladder. I don't bad Bunny could come out buck naked and swing a sausage around. I don't care. I'm not watching. I'm not watching that. I'm going to eat some snacks.
Speaker 3: I hope you don't care about that. It's well, no, but.
Speaker 1: I've said I'll get my snacks, and then I know, halftime at the super Bowl is always longer. It's always longer, right, so you got extra time and then you know, plan it, come back and you're you're on your way. Scott, thank you so much, Scott, appreciate that and enjoy Uh yeah, it wouldn't be as big a deal now. I feel like everything so's zany now. I don't think it would be that big a deal. Kevin from Hawaii writes in Aloha Kevin, he says Ben and Danny as a Ben as a YouTuber. Now, does this story about YouTube deleting AI slop channels make you feel good? He says, yeah, So there's a story. YouTube this week announced they are deleting they claim major AI slap slop channels with billions of views. Billions of views, So a couple thoughts on this. First of all, Kevin, I'm jealous that you're in Hawaii. That's that's number one. Number two. This is a game of whack a mole, and it can be won because it's you're using AI. YouTube's using AI to fight AI. The problem, as I have decoded over the years, Danny, is that these AI content social media accounts. They make the content, they then have the bot farm to view the content, so it's a one stop shop. They do everything. They make the content, they then have the botfarms from Moldova downloaded or view it, and then the company ends up paying money for something that's total as they say, slop here, so good good luck. It's like those there's dudes making money with AI fake girl friend in the counts, and there's like there's accounts of what appears to be women that are not women there. I mean, it looks like a woman, but it's not a real person, and they're making money because horny dudes are watching the videos.
Speaker 3: And this explains Iheart's new slogan guaranteed human.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly guaranteed. It is nice though that it seems people still value the human connection for now, for a now I.
Speaker 3: Have because this would spin out of control. It's already we don't know what is fake, and we don't know what's real and you have to triple check things. You still get burned when you do live radio shows and you look something up you don't know if it's real or fake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not through that for sure. All right, last one, we'll get out on this, Shane writes, and he says, Hey, Ben and Daddy g I live close to Peoria, Illinois. I've heard you talk about it over the years. Ben, It's not that exciting, he says. I've always loved Phil. Shane says, I wish I lived where you guys do, in near Hollywood, and I'm worried that in the future that films will be going away because people can't sit through him. And then he sent this link Danny that says film students are having trouble sitting through movies because they don't have the attention span to sit and watch these long.
Speaker 3: You know when he first said film, I rubbed my tongue on my teeth about film, like who it was? You think he's better than us? Does he also back into his parking spaces? Is he talking about movies?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's talking about movies.
Speaker 3: Film is such a eyebrow thing when you're talking about movies but yeah, I film school, that's one thing. And when I had a break between radio jobs, actually looked into like the New York Film Academy and I think that was the name of the school, and there's one here in Los Angeles. Because I was really interested in maybe having, you know, behind the scenes.
Speaker 1: Job with the props and all that, so the crew.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or like a cameraman or yeah, if you got to go to movie sets and you know, help create the manager, that's cool.
Speaker 1: My brother in law does that. He works behind the scenes on TV shows and movies and he loves it.
Speaker 3: And I didn't. I didn't know them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's he's part of the union. And unfortunately they don't make as much stuff. There's not much being made in Hollywood like there used to be. So it's you go a long time on unemployment between gigs. We'll get out on that is the probol.
Speaker 3: I don't want to get out on the unemployment.
Speaker 1: Yes, on unemployment, I don't. All right, have a great rest of your Sunday. I'll be back tonight in the main studio, be doing the show from the main studio the first few days of the week, and then be in San Francisco with Danny at the end of the week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, broadcasting live to tape.
Speaker 1: That's right. Nothing doesn't get any fresher than that. Danny does not get any fresher than that. Make sure you track down before I get there, Danny, find out where all the freebies are. So when I get there, I gotta I gotta bring bags in.
Speaker 3: Oh dude, Yeah yeah, get one of those thin Duffel bags and fold it into a square and put it in your in your jacket pocket.
Speaker 1: Done. Done, We're gonna make it happen. All right, have a great sunny. We'll catch you well. The podcast next weekend from Radio Row and Radio All week later.
Speaker 3: Skater Gotta Murder. I gotta go