Speaker 1: From UFOs to psychic powers and government conspiracies. History is riddled with unexplained events. You can turn back now or learn this stuff they don't want you to know. A production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Hello, welcome back to the show. My name is Matt, my name is an Al.
Speaker 3: They call me Ben. We're joined as always with our super producer Paul, Mission Control decand most importantly, you are here. That makes this the stuff they don't want you to know. We would love it very much if you give us a review on your podcast platform of choice. Our boss gets especially less likely to murder us if it's on Apple Podcast.
Speaker 4: True five star review and some pleasant words for us as a Jules or as a show would be much appreciated. Does help people discover the show, and you know, makes us sleep better at night for the very reasons that pen secause we don't have to sleep with one eye open.
Speaker 3: You have also joined us, folks, and you are very much welcome into this global cabal. Technically we are a global cabal. As we record this evening, you listening at home, some of us in the US, some of us abroad. End together we are diving into hidden history. It's a controversial story in history always is. We are talking about a rare genre of object that has for many decades now, perhaps millennia, depending on who you ask. Fascinated archaeologist, ancient astronaut, theorist, creationist like biblical creationist, and skeptics alike, all at the same time. I kid you not the Eca stones. They're kind of like a care character actor in the world of conspiracy. Like if you heard the phrase, you might not immediately recognize it, but if you saw one of these stones, your memory would flash back to maybe a BBC documentary to maybe Eric von Danikin's Chariot of the Gods question mark, which is the title.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Do you guys remember hearing about this stuff?
Speaker 4: I do, and especially in the context of episode that you and I did recently, Ben, when Matt was away about some kind of supposed alien artifacts discs or like, you know, things with hieroglyphs carved in portraying some alternate history that may or may not have actually taken place, the idea of anachartistic technology.
Speaker 3: The troop of stones, that's the one. Yeah, Matt, do you what about you? Man? Do you remember these?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's been a minute. It's been quite a minute, but we've been fascinated by humans, that is the Incan Empire since it was discovered by people who were writing it, writing down things about it, right, and it hasn't been that long, which is crazy. But just the stones in particular that are used in sites throughout Peru, throughout where the Incan Empire was, they are baffling. They are so perfect in incredible ways, in ways that they should not be possibly that good. And I think that's why all of us our fascination just flares up when it comes to something like these specific stones, and we'll get into exactly what they are.
Speaker 3: How did they get there? How did you get here?
Speaker 5: Well? How did I get here? I play man once in.
Speaker 4: A lifetime is what these things would be if they in fact exist.
Speaker 3: H Paul, forgive us our cold opens keep getting longer. But that was gold. Here are the facts. We start with Peru. When most people think of Peru, the modern day country, they immediately also think of the Inca Empire. The Inca Empire first appeared in what we call Peru today sometime during the twelfth century. Yet it arose from the I would say, the jetsam in the flotsam of many earlier pre Inca and civilizations in the region because people have been living there for thousands and thousands and thousands of years. The Inca Empire in the greater context is to your point, Matt, they're kind of the new kids on the block.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The Inca has developed that culture in the Andes region of South America modern day Peru, Northern Ecuadora, and Chile and began to grow larger and larger through military conquests.
Speaker 5: Essentially.
Speaker 4: I mean, they were, like you said, Ben, they were sort of like conquering surround civilizations and sort of absorbing them culturally speaking, and also militarily.
Speaker 5: Of course.
Speaker 6: They were also really good at defending their territory and building places, structures and laying the mountain ways that could be defended extremely well.
Speaker 4: And just add one last thing, not to sound like I was just describing them as some sort of bloodthirsty warring people, they were also damn good at diplomacy modeling I don't know, systems of negotiation.
Speaker 5: That we might find at home in modern you know.
Speaker 4: Maybe even more so how I was about to say, you know, like diplomacy is maybe lacking a little bit. These days in some parts of the world, but they were great at it.
Speaker 3: It reminds me a little bit, guys, of the what do we call it, pax romana, the idea that the Roman Empire generated international peace of a sort caveat asterisk asterisk during its time time. If there were different if there were different medical solutions to new diseases, if history had swung slightly left or right on the hinge, then there may have been a pasperuvia. The point about diplomacy cannot be left behind. Another word for the Inca, and part of our pronunciation would be to Wanatinsuyu's I'm in a weird place, so my accident's all weird now. But this you're You're absolutely right, Nolan. I love that you point this out. The empire, or what we'll call the state of the Inca, spanned two thousand and five hundred miles at its peak. No pun left behind peak. That's a mountain joke.
Speaker 7: The empire, yes, the perfect The empire had twelve million members individuals.
Speaker 3: From to that other point about disparate groups being gathered together under the same system. These twelve million people came from one hundred plus different ethnic groups and you have to marvel at the sheer ambition, right, the cold genius of a society like this, because despite their large, immensely diverse population, the sprawling size, they were crazy cohesive, especially like they could have taught the Europeans some lessons. They had agricultural systems, they had roadways that were dope, especially considering inhospitable mountainous terrain.
Speaker 4: Isn't that interesting though, how Like culture is largely dictator to the victors by like how point their weapons could be versus another people, whether it be swords and that kind of warfare, or just you know, the upgrade into firepower.
Speaker 5: Like, it doesn't necessarily mean that because.
Speaker 4: Of culture reign supreme, that they were like the superior culture in terms of the things that they accomplished and the organization and the structure of their civilization doesn't mean that at all. In fact, sometimes it can mean quite the opposite. Just means they had bigger guns.
Speaker 6: I just got his image in my mind of some generals standing around a table. They're like, oh, crap, you guys, the Mongolian Empires on its way here. And then another general is like, yeah, but how pointy are their weapons?
Speaker 4: How I use point as a stand in for powerful. But you get what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I hear the horses, and that's point actually there there. You know, one of the big, one of the big game changers, of course, was the stir up mm hmm.
Speaker 5: The bridle even I'm sure too, the bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So that would be all kind of part of the same piece of And it's funny we don't think about that stuff as technology, but a good saddle and stirrup and bridle absolutely technology that allows you to harness those horses and march them in into battle.
Speaker 6: Just before we get away from the agricultural stuff and moving things around via roads and aqueducts and stuff like that. The innovations that were happening agriculturally in this part of the world, especially when you consider most of the soil that was moved up to like an elevation of eleven thousand feet. It had to be moved there. There was no soil that was arable in those areas in those regions. You had to change soil a little bit, move it up there, and then grow stuff.
Speaker 3: And for comparison, folks, to Matt's earlier point, eleven thousand feet is three thousand is like three thousand, three hundred and fifty something meters. It's a very long way to hold stuff, especially when you're talking about hauling it pretty much vertically, because you know it's the Andes dude.
Speaker 4: It just immediately makes me think of the Werner Herzog film Fitzgeraldo where in Machu Picchu there's literally it's a story about a dude that wants to build it up opera house in this part of the world. He hauls a ship over the mountains in that exact same fashion. It's got to have been inspired, like you know, by the actual history of it.
Speaker 5: It's a really interesting film.
Speaker 6: And that is not to say that there are not jungles that are at seven thousand and eight thousand feet in elevation there, which isn't nearly the feet of eleven thousand feet in total, right, But it's still just the matter of moving things inefficient ways at a time when efficiency was hard to find.
Speaker 5: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Just again, I'm sorry, I just I can't get over just the innovation that be required to solve some of these problems, you know, in functional ways.
Speaker 3: At Levy posit gentlemen, another prime mover of the success of the Inca Empire. We spoke a bit about pointy sticks, which is of course botonomy for weaponry, right for technology. I would advance to you that the all of us listening that the primary weapon, in many ways was also ideology. Religion has ever been the pointiest stick of the human experiments. So centralized religion, centralized language, a Lingua franca, right, shout out to our pal Lingua Franca, the activist here in Georgia.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: The civilization as we know it blossomed over time, but it fell quite quickly with the arrival of Spanish forces. And a lot of times in the history books, the way you read it is the Spanish came in and they were jerks and they killed everybody. But what how did they succeed? They came in amid a civil war in the Incan Empire, the Incan Empire, the Inca excuse me, empire was divided, and along come the Spanish forces. They had, yeah, superior weaponry. Right, do you guys remember that book Guns, Germs and Steel m This is I.
Speaker 4: Think I get with the idea, yeah, by Jared Diamond.
Speaker 3: The other thing that the Spanish forces brought with them was unfamiliar diseases. There was no herd immunity, and so it came to pass. The last stronghold of the Incan Empire was overtaken in fifteen seventy two, which is, you know, the grand scheme of things. Like if we think about how this empire arose on the same planet that gave birth to dinosaurs, fifteen seventy two is pretty recent. What blows everybody's mind. We actually don't know a ton about this empire. We definitely don't know a ton about the early days because they have no written records or I don't know, like written records caveat, they have a nodding system.
Speaker 2: To commit we still don't understand.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, we don't understand. We know it's there, but it's like that weird canea form that no one can decipher him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because you were about to say, and I cut you off in but it has something to do with numbers, right and counting, and probably tied closely to the agricultural stuff they had going on.
Speaker 3: Probably yeah, and you know they were they were definitely a monarchy, right. So a lot of a lot of TLC tender loving care was put into documenting bloodlines and lineage. Very House of the Dragon minus the Dragons. I guess does that land?
Speaker 5: I think so.
Speaker 4: We always talk about how the Song of Ice and Fire and all those Georgia R. Martin books are heavily influenced and inspired by actual, you know, historical struggles and political maneuvers and all that stuff.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 2: Like this picture.
Speaker 6: We're painting though, of assimilation to some extent, a ton of innovation that's happening here. But because of that, as simil, there are these groups. Eventually there's a civil war and some outside group comes in and wipes them out, and we're left. History is left to pick up the pieces to figure out what the heck happened and who they actually were, and we're still in the dark.
Speaker 2: But then these freaking stones. Man, oh, I'm sorry, get.
Speaker 3: These stones, these freaking stones. Yeah, so our present knowledge, like, not just Westerners, not just the US, not just Peruvian archaeologists themselves, the entire world. In the evenings of twenty twenty four, all we know about Inca as people, as a culture, as a civilization and empire. It comes from a combination of really smart archaeological studies, oral tradition that has been that was preserved by and I don't want to sound dismissive here, it's preserved by a real life version of the world burgers in Mad Max, like the folklore or retelling of the stories, which goes back to something we always reference the Great Game of Telephone and there's something there's something we hit on just a second ago, Matt that I think you mentioned the written accounts. The first actual facts, written accounts of the Inca Empire come from their enemies, the observers, the Spanish missionaries.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 6: Isn't that the way too, that the bad guys get to write the story?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Well the okay, well, yes, the back.
Speaker 4: I mean you know now that you mentioned it, like been, your reference to House of the Dragon in particular is even more appropriate because, like that book was entirely historical records that were then you know, interpreted and made into a TV series probably require a lot of creative license, because when you read things in this format, it's hard sometimes to really know what the context is around how someone's being described, you know, in terms of like their acts and even these like nicknames that people get stuck with throughout history.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a great point, I think we're That reminds me of what was it ethel read the unready?
Speaker 4: Yeah, nobody, nobody would name themselves that given the choice, you know, but history determines that, and oftentimes history is written by the people that are mad at you.
Speaker 6: Did he actually hold the door like that? I'm just saying, like, did he actually hold the door like that?
Speaker 5: Did he?
Speaker 4: Did?
Speaker 6: He?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 3: Yeah? It's like every time a new a new emperor of Rome or a new pope gets on the scene, Oh gosh. Yeah. Look, you don't have to have seen the cinematic masterpiece Vibes, starring Jeff Goldbloom and Cindy Lapper.
Speaker 5: But you should just putting that out there.
Speaker 3: Thank you, No, thank you? Yes you should. You should see it. Yeah, you just see it. You don't have to have seen it to realize. The Western world has been obsessed with questions about this empire, partially due to that lack of written records or primary sources, and a lot of the allure comes from I think we can say fairly a lot of the allure comes from all these inexplicable physical artifacts. Right, Machu Pichu. We were talking off air, and Matt you had mentioned you got super into the questions that still remain about the fantastic stone work, like talk about durability, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, durability and perfection almost when it comes to the smoothing of stones, the placing of stones. This is the stuff that I don't know, pulled me into a lot of these things back in the day when when I was watching you know, the Creator of Cherries of the Gods on Ancient Aliens and really getting a close up view through my television screen of these sites specifically in Peru that were It's like at the at the top of Machu Picchu, if you keep going up right another like forty five minutes an hour long hike, you get to a place called Waina Piachu I think is the name of it. It's like a it's an overlook of Machu Pichu on the site, just from a different cliff there or a different peak of the mountain. And there's a place in that structure called the temple. They call it the Temple of the Moon or something like that, but it's not actually what it was for had nothing really to do with the moon.
Speaker 2: It was just it's titled that.
Speaker 6: But inside there the stone, the stone work, and the stone structures. It just shouldn't it shouldn't have been able to have been created without the presence of some of the iron and steel implements that were never recovered or found at any of these locations, which you know, maybe they all through the tools off the mountain at the end when they finished, but it sure seems like there would be some tools around that would just be wasteful.
Speaker 5: I'd hate that.
Speaker 4: I mean, it does make you think of the kind of you know, theories that revolve around the creation of the pyramids, because of the type of technology that would be required to achieve that level of symmetry and perfection and just to hoist those damn blocks that high.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a pickle, right, I mean, how do you how do you explain this? Well?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and how do you do it without being dismissive of the technology and intelligence of the people's right that that you're referring to in either the Middle East or here in Peru back in the day, and.
Speaker 3: Eric von denikin of course, like many people went straight to aliens. Yes, it's a little walk, yeah, bit of a stroll.
Speaker 2: God, it would be cool, though, it would be.
Speaker 3: So freaking cool. Everybody check out vibes, so also Steve Bushemis and vibes. All right, this is not the point of the.
Speaker 5: Story, so is Cindy Laubern.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, this all all, all of this brings oh we didn't mention the Nosca lines, right, an earlier civilization that predates the Inca. They created these huge petroglyphs, right, geoglyphs millennia ago, and they're the most infamous thing about them is that you can only really see the images depicted by those if you are at a very high elevation and they're in a very flat space, so there's not like a mountain you could climb up to say, oh that's a monkey, dude.
Speaker 6: Or the observations of space from I think they're called intwohanas. I don't know how to say it correctly, but it's the the astronomical observation sites that they created, and I think there's only a couple of them left that are somewhat intact.
Speaker 2: But the sophistication on that level, it's just it's cool.
Speaker 3: Agreed, And this all brings us to a bizarre question point of our exploration this evening, what if amid all these mysteries, all these unanswered questions. The Inca did have some written records that had only recently been recovered, records that not only illuminate the history of Incan culture, but in doing so fundamentally upend everything we know about history entire According to the true believers, fringe scholars, revisionist historians, conspiracy theorists, and at least one Peruvian physician, the answers lay in something called the Eca Stones. Here's where it gets crazy.
Speaker 5: Eca not Inca, right, right, I see a.
Speaker 4: The Eca Stones are a collection of stones that were allegedly discovered in a cave near a place in Peru in fact called Eca.
Speaker 5: Yet the issue isn't so.
Speaker 4: Much the stones themselves, but much like the dropbut stones that we mentioned recently, part of a stone series. What is engraved into them?
Speaker 6: Mm?
Speaker 2: White walkers? Right, That's that's what's on there.
Speaker 4: God, they never really justified that symbol that the White Walkers kept making, did They.
Speaker 2: Just just don't don't think about it.
Speaker 5: End game. Game of Thrones not good.
Speaker 4: So I've been rewatching it and it's really good, guys, But boy, I can't I can't put away as thought in the back of my mind, how bad it's gonna get you know what I mean, It's just I'm still it is it is, but it's not hindering my enjoyment of the good parts of it. So let's let's move forward with that in mind. Sorry, Matt, you said White Walkers, Like, what do you expect me to do?
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, when's the winter will come out? At some point. I believe in you, George.
Speaker 4: And I think it's go to glow all that shame away, one would hope, you know what.
Speaker 3: Also, a therapist worth their salt would say, don't let fear of the future ruin enjoyment of the present. Maybe, or anxiety or worry is just you know, conspiracy theories about yourself.
Speaker 4: That I would also refer to something you bring up Off and Ben, the sunk cost fallacy.
Speaker 5: You're starting to feel like it sucks. Just walk away. You'll feel better about it, I promise you.
Speaker 4: Just don't feel like you got to see it through the end, because it doesn't get better once it starts getting bad.
Speaker 7: So, oh boy, we're we're also folks, welcome backstage. We're also alluding to some pretty intense conversations we had about that show hanging out not related to our pursuit here I remember texting about this. But proponents of the idea that the eCos stones are genuine here's their controversial stance. Here's what the vast majority of archaeology would call nuts and bananas. They say these stones depict genuine hidden history, that they are primary evidence of something unknown to the modern world. Each of the stones called an eCos stone, and we'll talk about their physical description in a second. Each of them have what are called motifs carbon images, and they often appear to contradict basic accepted facts about the origin of Earth and the things living upon it, for example, like the hot stuff, the juicy stuff. You'll see stones that appear to depict human or human like individuals in the gall harbor in the style of Inca Maya or Aztec culture, attacking these huge monsters and they're using axes, and the monsters are interpreted to be dinosaurs, not dinosaurs, the way like a chicken is a dinosaur or not dinosaurs, the way that a bird is a dinosaur. But what are pal Lor and Voclobama call actual facts dinosaurs?
Speaker 6: Yeah, like depictions of dinosaurs that I remember from my childhood. My mother is a school teacher, and she just brought this book of dinosaurs over that she used to teach kids when I was a kid, and it included a bunch of these cutouts that she made. And in some of these stones it looks it looks like a Brachiosaurus or a Brontosaurus, which we know isn't the real thing anymore, but it looks like those pictures.
Speaker 4: One of them is like a Nassi type creature, you know, which I guess would have been what was this, the big old boy that was a underwater long neck plesiosaurs. Yeah, probably the plesiosaurs, Yeah, I guess. So this one is, Yeah, it's got like a hump on its back. It really does have like NeSSI vies, but you're right, Matt. The triceratops here is like classic.
Speaker 5: Children's book triceratops depiction.
Speaker 4: And the thing that's interesting is if we were gonna take this as a as a record of history, wouldn't these dinosaurs not to be all Jurassic parking about it, but wouldn't these dinosaurs have feathers? Like if these were like the true dinosaurs that walk the earth. I don't know, I just remember that being a thing.
Speaker 3: Also real quick, plesiosaur I should show that up plesiosaur is offered as a cryptozoological explanation for the purported existence of NeSSI the luckedest sponsor. But the plesiosaur is not a dinosaur. We are fun at parties?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 5: It's true?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, man, I mean I'm.
Speaker 3: A reptile that doesn't count as a dinosaur. I think they're fair asaup terrig or something like that.
Speaker 4: Gotcha, guess I'm I can think google it if you have make signistiction with my potential history. But like Matt, I mean, you really hit it on the head. The stegosaurus here, like the plates depicted on its back, it is like the stuff of like literal children's books about how fun dinosaurs are.
Speaker 5: It's kind of wild.
Speaker 3: It's quite accessible, and I think that's what we're hitting on, right. And if that's not enough. These stones also, because there are many many, there are thousands of these, they also appear to at times depict advanced technology, the usage of something that could be interpreted as a telescope, medical procedures like c sections, maybe a heart transplant in a culture that we'll just get in front of this, folks, we know about you know, blood, magic and all that stuff. It's what is being depicted there seems much more medicinal in nature than it does sacrificial in nature.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 6: So when were these things found?
Speaker 3: Ah? That's where we get to a little bit of a rabbit hole, right, because we know we know when the primary proponent of these ideas encountered them, and that's in nineteen sixty six. We don't know when the first modern person modern as in like post Spanish conquest. We don't know when the first person post fifteen hundreds found them, which means we also don't know when they were lost or buried or stored away. But we do know what they look like. Most of them are pretty small. Most of them are something you could hold in one or two hands, summer tiny, like pebbles. A few of them are outright boulders, like the biggest one is half a meter in length. And the one thing they have in common aside from these carvings, is that they are all composed of a tremendously inconvenient type of volcanic rock called andesite.
Speaker 5: What makes it inconvenient?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 4: It does have to do with problems with actually verifying the authenticity or dating them.
Speaker 3: I would say one of the problems with dating them is the unwillingness, uh to date them if we're I know that sounds a little snarky, but from my understanding, the issue with andesite, the reason it's an inconvenient rock is that it's a pain in the ass to carve.
Speaker 4: You see it, you'll break apart right the brittle Yeah, maybe not so much riddle as in, uh, the nature of the material makes it difficult to put sophisticated designs into it, and maybe that breaks breaks the surface.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've seen it described as unyielding and flinty quote unquote, yeah, exactly. And andesite is present in places like of some of the stonework in Machu Pichu, some of the stone work in Piasak or Pisac another one of these ruins that has crazy carvings in and a site that just doesn't make any dang sense. But just for this stone, it makes sense for this to be one of the stones that is, you know, primarily used in whatever this is. If they're genuine artifacts, it makes a ton of sense. But it is weird that they are that difficult to work with.
Speaker 3: Right, because we know, at least even without a written record, we know that there were other stones in the roster that could have been used.
Speaker 5: Yeah, carving granted, granted.
Speaker 6: Yeah, one of the things that humans have been carving away at for a long time.
Speaker 3: Granted. Is so hot right now, for the past several thousand years, it's really.
Speaker 5: Been I think it's I think it's cold places, it's real up the cover.
Speaker 4: Hang on a second, let's take a quick pause here, hear a word from our sponsor, and then come back to this discussion.
Speaker 2: And we've returned. What's going on now?
Speaker 4: Are you saying, Ben, that there were more convenient rocks available at the time that maybe would have been more conducive to making this kind of art in the time that these are purported to have been created.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, No, we're of course obviously, let's be honest, some of us are related to sculptors of note. But it's not like we finished this show and then you're.
Speaker 4: Talking about none of the rest of us are awesome.
Speaker 5: It's true.
Speaker 4: We we did the Grand Industry at Alberton. If anybody knows about the Georgia Kidstones, we did go visit some of the folks there We've been to granite carving workshops and it requires serious skill and the right tools to get the job done. But yeah, I wanted to mention Ben the anthracite. I looked this up and there's something called the mos scale, which I was not aware of, and it is a scale of mineral hardness. An anthracite is a seven out of ten on the most scale and.
Speaker 5: Site that is at a site. Yeah, excuse me, a seven out of ten.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's why it's weird, guys.
Speaker 6: I had this clear image while we were talking earlier of whatever next human being thing is that we've discussed on the show a couple of times, whether it's technology, you know, a technological man or a highly evolved weird man. But they show up and they're just digging through the remnants of what we're once houses, and like they seem to all have these flat surfaces made of granite in one particular area of all their living spaces. I maybe it was a kitchen, sorry, I'm thinking about granite countertops.
Speaker 4: Or perhaps something for a sacrifice exact.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because people put their perspectives on it, they'll probably conclude it was a shrine. You see these primitive meat forms had had gods, and they did not know the codes of their gods.
Speaker 5: They just to laugh.
Speaker 6: And they are all these knife carvings in the granite that must be there on purpose from the rituals.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like when future historians or archaeologists travel, you know, thousands and thousands of years back, and they see the ruins of a modern metropolis, they're going to think. They're going to see highway bridges and they're going to mistake them for aqueducts, and they're going to see skyscrapers, and they're going to think these people really worshiped penises. Look at all these penis shrines and these aqueducts they're everywhere.
Speaker 5: Not to mention, their priorities were all jacked up.
Speaker 3: Sorry, oh those worth no pud left behind.
Speaker 5: And also I just want to ask Matt, who are these animals that are carving directly under their granite countertops?
Speaker 2: And then we must be stopped. Acident must be stopped.
Speaker 5: That must be stopped.
Speaker 3: All right, Okay, Emperor of cutting boards over here, this cutting.
Speaker 5: Board, guys, come on, respect the granite.
Speaker 3: Respect them ories cutting boards. You got a board just to just to cut?
Speaker 5: I got a board for meats.
Speaker 4: I got a board for veggies, and then I got my nice board that I only bust out when I have fancied dinner parties.
Speaker 2: Like a turkey.
Speaker 5: Exactly.
Speaker 3: I'm very pressed with h Okay, I got a lot to learn.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry I'm high rating you guys on the cutting boards. I really do know.
Speaker 3: It's it's change is painful. It's a change we need to make, and thank you for taking us there. So, no, could you spell the most scale?
Speaker 5: Is it? M o hs m o hs scale? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Seven out of ten? Okay, so might be pronounced moss. I think I'm going to say I like Mo's better.
Speaker 3: I like it too, you know. I mean you're the one of us who has a cutting board, So I'm taking like so so all of these stones, or question naturally becomes how could someone carve into a stone of this hardness right with the material science or with the tools available? And then why would they choose that over another perhaps more malleable stone. What we see here is that all the ecastones have a patina, a dark a dark coating degradation due to weather. It's an oxidized surface, and the images that you see on these stones are scratched into that surface rather than actually punched into the act the stone itself.
Speaker 4: You know what, I bet that this type of stone is used for if you, guys ever had a hot stone? Must am I the only bougie person here?
Speaker 6: Who?
Speaker 5: Oh my god?
Speaker 4: There are there are listen, guys. I was also married to a massage therapist. Okay, so that is mainly my my references here. But there is a thing called homestone massages, and they use these very smooth volcanic stones that hold heat really well and are incredibly hard. And I'm almost positive these are the exact same type that we're seeing here.
Speaker 6: No, I've actually gotten one of those two. That's fine, I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Sorry to roast you a little bit there, it's it's with great affection. I've just I'm laughing imagining first to write about the stones, and secondly, I'm laughing imagining how many emails we're gonna get with people saying you slobs, get a cutting board.
Speaker 4: Now. Now, I will defend you guys to the bitter and I know that, I know you're playing coy and you both have.
Speaker 5: Copious cutting boards.
Speaker 4: But yeah, a volcanic rock another really hard one is a basalt that would be very high iron, and I believe that is what is used for that practice.
Speaker 5: But an andesite is very very close.
Speaker 3: To them one hundred percent.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the images on these, again, these many stones, they vary quite widely in complexity. Some are simple pictures engraved on just one side of the stone, right, like a coin with an image stamped simply on the obverse. But the other stones may have much more sophisticated complex designs. And what's weird is we've looked at a lot of these or research of this. These stones run the gamut of known cultures throughout this part of South America modern day Peru, Ecuador, Chile, we will call it. You could see the Parakhas, the Nosca, the you mentioned Eim earlier, Matt, the Tijuanaku, you can see the Inca others. Other stones are coming out of nowhere, like who carved this, what school of thought? What culture created this? And a lot of the stones, especially spoiler, the more simplistic ones, they tend to have motifs that you would recognize in the wild today. Oh this is clearly a fish. Oh this is a drawing of a flower and etching of a flower that I would see somewhere else in the world, or animals that might be alive today. You might see basic geometric symbols, you know, triangles, fractal patterns, petroglyphs, geoglyphs.
Speaker 4: It kind of reminds me of that that hoax book that ultimately wasn't really a hoax at all. The people just kind of made much to do about it, the Codex Seraphina. And then there was another one that depicted like plant life and animal species that just don't exist.
Speaker 5: That's the one Voytage manuscript. Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: Just reminds me of that, which maybe is a reason to give it a second look.
Speaker 6: Well, you may be thinking, as you're hearing the descriptions of those things, that you've seen images of those things in this area before, but on a much different scale.
Speaker 5: Nice nice one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nothing but net there, because some of the stones do appear to emulate the massive images formed by the earlier Nazca lines, right, and we are we're bracketing elementary questions like carbon dating and age and providence for a reason which you'll see later. But how mystifying is it knowing just what we've learned now that a stone you could hold maybe in one hand, shows you a very close imitation of something that is huge wrought across a plane. That's nuts.
Speaker 6: Yeah, especially given the theories of like why are the Nosca lines that big?
Speaker 2: Why are they there? Who are they for?
Speaker 6: And then you think about on a smaller scale like this, it makes a little more sense. I think if they're smaller and meant for some reason for the other humans that are going to handle them or see them on a regular basis. But when you put those two things and those concepts together being so similar, it just creates another puzzle for me at least.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hold the phone, fellow conspiracy realists. This has turned into a rare two parter Hold the Stones, Oh, hold the Inca Stones. Romance those Stones, if you will.
Speaker 4: Hot take Romancing the Stone better than Indiana Jones?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, just kidding. I just want to get yelled at. It's not true.
Speaker 3: You can speak as it rides, I have a simple entity. We cannot wait to hear from you folks. Again, this is a very rare two partner for us. We are diving into the story of the Eca Stones. We can't wait for you to join us for part two. In the meantime, we've got some homework for you. Tell us your favorite strange, anachronistic artifacts, events, or other things from the bulk of history past. We tried to be easy to find online.
Speaker 5: That's try.
Speaker 4: You can find us the handle conspiracy Stuff, where we exist on Facebook with our Facebook group Here's where it gets crazy on YouTube with video content galore for your enjoyment, as well as on x FKA, Twitter and Hey, while you're on the internet, why not bop on over to Apple Podcasts and leave us a glowing five star review you know you want to. You can also find us at Instagram and TikTok at the handle conspiracy Stuff show.
Speaker 6: Climb up to the top of Machu Pichu and yell out subscribe to stuff they don't want you to know. If you actually do that and send a video to us, I don't know what we're going to give you, it'll be awesome.
Speaker 2: Wellet you something exactly.
Speaker 6: If you want to call us with your mouth hole, why not call one eight three three std WYTK. You can say whatever you'd like for three minutes on our voicemail system. Do give yourself a cool nickname and let us know if we can use your name and message on the air. If you got more to say than could fit in that three minutes, why not instead send us a good old fashioned email.
Speaker 3: We are the entities that read every piece of email correspondence we receive, be aware yet unafraid. Sometimes the void writes back. You can send us anything you'd like, all or welcome here. You could send us suggestions for a future episode. That's one of our favorite things. You could also take a page out of several people on Instagram's book and send a non sequitor. You could give us an ar game, like our pal dan A, who is very into Wizard of Oz and way that I'm figuring out as we Or you could just send us a dinosaur joke like the following what did the dinosaur call her blouse business? Try Sarah tops one more, one more? I made up. I almost told you, guys, before we ended this, I wanted to apologize for our previous Ectoplasm episode. I was a little punchy. I almost texted you and said sorry, guys. I was a fictional reptiles rump, by which I mean I was dragging ass conspiracy at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 6: Stuff they don't want You to Know is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite SYS