Speaker 1: The volume are super Bowl reaction presented by uber eats. Get gamed a deals all season long on uber eats. It's my fave, all right. Well, between the Luca trade and the Chiefs getting humiliated, I did not have that as a two team parlay. You know, I was thinking about this, listen. The Chiefs are going to be fine. They knew they were going to probably draft an offensive tackle in the first round, and there's plenty of them. But it's interesting. Brady's three super Bowl losses, the point differential was minus fifteen. He could have literally run the table. Mahomes it's minus fifty three. With two super Bowl losses, He'll be three and two in Super Bowls. But I do think I would say this again, Philadelphia. We both said they have the better roster. It's just hard to go against Andy Reid on two weeks and Mahomes, who never loses close games. I did not think it would be this, but I do think. You know, one of the things I was thinking in the first half is that, you know, Brady would always generate something. He was just so good pre snap, and it was a little you know, listen, I know Philadelphia's defense is dynamic and you know, we didn't think Kansas City would run much on them, But were you a little disappointed that they couldn't generate six and seven yard throws? They couldn't max protect it. It was like they weren't moving off their game plan.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I thought they were overwhelmed at levels in which you just don't see good teams overwhelmed in a line of scrimmage because it wasn't just edge pressures, it was interior pressures.
Speaker 2: I mean, Mahomes was under.
Speaker 3: Siege that they had I think seven yards after the first quarter Colin or excuse me, nineteen yards on seven plays. That's because they got a first down in the first play from scrimming, and then they essentially went three and out, three and out. So I just thought the defensive line. Remember two years ago when the Eagles were in the Super Bowl, they led the league in sacks and they had an excellent defensive line. I don't think this defensive line was looked as good as that one because it wasn't productive top to bottom. But the way they played tonight, I mean, that's as well as you can play. And I don't know what you can do when your defensive tackles are doing that when your defensive ends are doing that. I mean that the Chiefs do have a guard playing left tackle right well.
Speaker 1: Ten quarterback hits, six sacks, zero blitzes. I mean think about that. And you know, as I was watching this game with Philadelphia, I kept thinking about this. You know, for years and years when Peyton Manning was in your division or Brady was, it affected how people in the division drafted. You watch Philadelphia's D and O lines, and if you're the Rams or the Lions or San Francisco or Dallas, don't you watch this game and think, Jesus, I'm the Rams. I'm like, you know, a corner or defensive tackle in the third round. Like it was so dominating that it makes me think all the rivals of the Eagles have to look at this and think, you know, we've we've got to get better in the lines or we're not going to compete with this team for years.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean that's to me how he and Andy has done this too, and the two Super Bowls they've lost, their offensive line has just let him down in those games. I mean the Tampa situation, remember they were missing two tackles and tonight they just got overwhelmed. But it's not just Jalen Carter tonight, right, I Mean Brandon Graham does everything to come back.
Speaker 2: Off a torn.
Speaker 3: Shoulder or elbow sweat was incredible. Milton Williams has that play destroying. You know, he was a third round pick years ago. Like he's about to be a free agent. He's gonna get a ton of money. And to me, the offensive line for the Eagles, how about the difference when they would go back and forth, the Chiefs would punt and then the Eagles would come back and you'd be like, well, they're just not generating any pressure. Jalen's sitting back there having a hot dog. He's having some gumbo in the backfield. Just who's open, who's not. I'll just scramble where mahomes Within a second, he's moving around, scrambling left and right. And yeah, I just think the offensive line and defensive line for the Eagles tonight and really all season down the stretch once they they remember they started slow like two and two, and then since then they were the best team in football. And tonight they dominated. They absolutely dominated this game.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean before tonight, Kansas City had won the last nine playoff games where they did not score first, where they trailed. Yeah, but in those games, I mean, it was really interesting even early in the game. My first take after the first three drives for each team is it's one thing if you make mistakes, if you're nervous. I'm like Jesus that Philadelphia is not even adding edge pressure. They're just putting their four guys out there and they can't block them. You know. You know, as I look at over my notes, only three minutes time of possession in the first quarter, I think we forget we've been spoiled John, We've had First of all, it was a great season. The quarterback play has never been better. A lot of people that were watching our podcast right now are in their twenties and thirties. This is what Super Bowls look like in the late seventies and eighties and nineteen ninety I can remember. I can remember the Giants beating Denver thirty nine to twenty, and then San Francisco beating Denver fifty five to ten, and Denver got beat by Washington forty two to ten, and then the Raiders hammered a couple of teams. You go back to the eighties right now, google it. If you're listening to us and you're watching at home, this is what super Bowls look like. I mean, there was a decade people always talking about the seventies NBA where there were no great teams. The eighties NFL were very few great Super Bowls. So we were on a run. We've had so many good Kansas City Buffalo games or Buffalo Baltimore games. We've just been so lucky in the AFC with Mahomes and Allen and Lamar. But you know, there was a run in college football with Alabama. This is what the title games were looking like, the Bama Notre Dame. This is what super Bowls looked like. So we hadn't had I mean, I thought the Celtics Mavericks was a lobsided mess. But this is one of those where I think it resonates beyond the game. I think you look at Philadelphia and they're going to have an impact on the draft and free agency. People will feel like, in the NFC, you cannot compete with this roster for the next two to three years if you just don't get better up front.
Speaker 3: Well, I also think it's pretty rare in you know, in football, right the coaches are such stars, where in basketball and baseball the executives can be pretty big names. You know, in basketball, gms are really big deal. Listen, I've known Bret Veech for I don't know, fifteen plus years Redvechs stud and he's well known. I mean he should be. He's been to five Super Bowls, he won three of them. But how he is kind of the guy that serves the drink.
Speaker 2: With the Eagles.
Speaker 3: He is much closer to someone in baseball or basketball where he's the boss. You know, when they needed coordinators, he's going after Vic Fangio. And I'm not trying to take anything away from Sirianni. Clearly the guys, you know, they beat to his drum like he gets them going from a inspirational standpoint, and he's good with the players. But he doesn't call plays or anything. And he's a younger guy. It's pretty rare to see a CEO head coach in his early forties. But the talent on that team and the offseason moves. I mean Colin they signed a one year, four million dollars back then, who was fantastic guard. They got Zach Bond immediate All Pro, and they got Saquon Barkley, who had one of.
Speaker 2: The better seasons of the history of the league.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, it's large remarkable Howie Roseman became a Hall.
Speaker 2: Of Famer tonight.
Speaker 3: He's two Super Bowls with two different coaches and two different quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: The last three Eagle drafts Quinnon, Mitchell, Cooper, Dejan Jalen Carter, Nolan Smith, Jordan Davis, Nakobe, Dean, cam Jurgens, Davante Smith, Landon Dickerson, and Milton Williams not bad. I mean, that is just absolutely freaking insane.
Speaker 3: And he is her factorylis factor in aj Brown trade uh signed Saquon Barkley. I mean, think about the other things he's done on top of those draft picks.
Speaker 1: You know, it makes me think about this. I was watching the other day. I was watching Rick Patino at Saint John's. Saint John's was a dead program. Rick Patino takes it over a couple of years. You're like, Jesus, are they one of the seven to eight best teams in the country now? I don't know if they are. But Patino, who just he grinds his staff, he grinds his players. He's a very good recruiter. They're just guys that are better. And in every industry, you know, the top five percent of reelsters make ninety percent of the money. And you just start looking at some of these places like since and they can't keep They are two years ahead of paying Jamar Chase and they're already bailing on defensive players. This roster, the only roster I can compare it to is the Seahawks roster, you know, the one that Brady beat in the Super Bowl, where I mean they just they're defensively it was it just Richard Sherman.
Speaker 3: Earl Thomas, cam Chancellor, I mean, Michael Bennett. They were Bobby Wagner in his prime. They were loaded.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they were absolutely loaded. But yeah, do you you know, listen, Andy Reid, I don't think there's much you can do. I just think they got sacked. And both, by the way, both Super Bowls at Kansas City's gotten drubbed. They just couldn't protect Mahomes. But it was different in the first one. They were missing a left tackle. They moved Toney over. It was still a mess and nothing they could do. Do you you know It's interesting about this is that I'm watching Jalen Hurts tonight, And I've always said I think he's kind of a B plus guy in the pocket, really good athlete. I love his personality, like Dak Prescott, really mature in an a noisy locker room and a noisy coach and a noisy city and a noisy you know, talk radio. He's just a perfect kind of temperament, just a really mature, smart kid. But you know, I was watching him tonight. First of all, there's there's a couple of routes he throws really well. One of them the sideline route. He's great at it, and the other one is that kind of underneath that that tight end route that Goddard gets about three a game. And you know, it's just interesting for all the questions about Jalen Hurts, this is almost you know, like when the Warriors are playing small ball and we've never in our life thought the NBA the smallest team would win, and the Warriors had like this six year run, You're like, the hell is this? And everybody was chasing it and we were all going, you know, what is this? And you know, it's just interesting to watch this Philadelphia team. Is that Jalen Hurts with any other team. We may look at this and just think, you know, this doesn't work. I'm not so sure. He's not the perfect quarterback for this team. From the tush push, to his personality to he's he's he's you know, the routes he throws well are perfect. I just look at him tonight and I'm like, sometimes it's just fit. Draymond Green fit on that Warriors team he plays, he plays for the Wizards. Does he ever make an impact?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know, but I just I love Hurts with this line, with Berkley, with a crowd, with the organization.
Speaker 2: He can be. Let's face it.
Speaker 3: I mean, they've won a lot of games when he's been off, and it speaks to the talent on their team, but there is no disputing when he's on.
Speaker 2: They are an unstoppable force.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you felt it early tonight, You're like, God, he looks pretty comfortable. He looks on even that AJ Brown passed that he had early in the game that they called pass interference on AJ.
Speaker 2: You went, oh, he's kind of feeling it.
Speaker 1: Well, John oxon early?
Speaker 3: Yeah, how about that play call? What was fantastic? And Jalen hit him. He throws his go ball. Is he a little bit the modern day Russell Wilson. I mean his deep ball is pretty bag.
Speaker 1: He is the modern day Russell Wilson. Well, we don't love him in the pocket. You wish it was bigger, but he's a.
Speaker 2: More dominant runner. I feel a little bit.
Speaker 3: You know, Russell didn't run quite as much he did early, I guess, but I feel like Jalen's a little bit more powerful as a runner, a little more, I don't know, just more dynamic in the open field, though Russ was good when he was young.
Speaker 1: And now for our next segment, Whiskey Business brought to you by Green River Whiskey, the official whiskey of the Colin Cowhard Podcast. If you want to enjoy life simple pleasures, reach for Green River Whiskey. Whether it's Rye whiskey, single barrel bourbon, you're getting over a century a craftsmanship packed into every bottle. Hop on over to Green Riverwhisky dot Com and discover a legend in a bottle. Today, Jalen Hurts wins the MVP Johns seventeen to twenty two for two hundred and twenty one yards, passing a couple of touchdowns and ugly pick rushed eleven times for seventy two yards. I think it's your classic Jalen Hurts. I think you and I have talked about this. When he's rolling that offense looks like it should never punt. And I also think two things are true with Jalen Hurts. He knows what he is, and I think the Eagles determined what he was about game six or seven. Remember they lost earlier in the season to Atlanta. I think it takes people time to figure out what they are themselves, and then teams to figure out what you are. And I think him throwing the ball twenty two times and running at eleven is perfect. That is in a tush push, that is exactly what Jalen Hurt should do. Throw it about twenty four times, run eight to twelve. He's not you know, I don't want him being Matt Stafford. I don't want him throwing thirty seven times. I think I think he had the perfect Jalen Hurts game.
Speaker 2: I would agree.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think he's best when they don't put it all on him, and they're also when they're winning because they can run the ball, and he tonight was a bigger part of that than sakuon uh you know, hit me tonight there was a there was a visual of Patrick talking to Carson Wentz on the sideline I think late in the third quarter. It's like, at one point in time, Jalen came in essentially Wally pipped this guy, they booted him out, and now he's winning the MVP with that guy watching as the backup. I mean, what, how crazy is this league that? I mean, this guy was drafted number two overall. They gave it, they gave him a hundred million dollars, and then not that many years later, Jalen gets put in the same situation, highly criticized, but figures out a way to you know, become Super Bowl MVP. That's I I never would have thought he would have been this good when he was coming out and I watched a lot of him at Oklahoma. Obviously he's improved greatly throughout his time in the NFL. I still I think sometimes, you know, he can be a little sometimes when he's in the pocket and he doesn't see it right away, kind of you know, he kinda he kind of feels lost. But tonight he was completely under control. And when he's under control and for whatever reason the Chiefs weren't getting home. Like sometimes he takes some bad sacks.
Speaker 2: You know, his running ability.
Speaker 3: Is a pretty huge added you know, dimension for his game. And then when his deep ball's on, he's just he's a tough player to play and because their receivers are so good. I'm telling you, when he hit that first ball to AJ, I was like, WHOA, he's feeling confident to night because he had a astride and then the rest of the night he never missed. But you know, congratulations to a guy you play in Philly, And I think he tell you like I played for Nick Saban for three years, like I'm used to getting screamed at all.
Speaker 2: The time, Like I've heard it all.
Speaker 3: I heard it all by the time I was twenty one years old, So not an easy time to play in Man. And he's he's he's handled it pretty well.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think you know, it's the old saying about inner scoreboard, outer scoreboard. I think he's the classic inner scoreboard guy. You see a lot of pro athletes flex or entertainers, and deep down they're just wildly insecure. Jalen Hurts never has to brag. I think it just shows you the inner scoreboard. The inner confidence he has is he doesn't have to constantly project. He doesn't care what people think. And I think there's that simmering confidence that in any profession. Saban talked about this for years. Warren Buffett's talked about this. There's a lot of talkers, there's a lot of and then there's the guys that just they're just really good. They know they're good, they don't have to tell you. And I think that's Jalen Hurts. I think he's I think Jalen Hurts looks at himself deep down and goes, you know what, I know what I'm good at. I squat six hundred pounds, I'm mobile, I'm smart, I'm hard working. And I'll say it, there are some routes in this league. He throws. He throws a beautiful sideline ball. Beauty and by the way, tonight he hit on a deep ball. As Brady said during the broad that's the throw of a lifetime like that was a perfect seed down the field.
Speaker 3: If I would have told you ten years ago the Eagles would have two Super Bowls with Nick Foles and Jalen Hurts, you know who would have thought? I mean It's just that's the crazy part about football is you know, Nick wins one as a backup quarterback. Jalen's draft in the second round, people thought it was an insane pick because they had Carson Wentz. A couple of years later, they've built all franchise around him and now he's a Super Bowl MVP.
Speaker 1: I mean it just what did what did Jerry Krouse say? Franchises win championships?
Speaker 3: And I think the Eagles are a very good example of that because they that they truly have won it that way as a team where I think sometimes you know, the Chiefs can be very andy Spags Mahomes depended, the two coaches, the schemes, and the quarterback doing stuff.
Speaker 2: Where the Eagles is like all their guys.
Speaker 3: I mean, they had random DB's tonight making plays.
Speaker 2: Cooper dejan the second guy they drafted as a pick six. You got that's not Jalen Hurt or that's not Jalen Carter.
Speaker 3: That's their fifth defensive line than making us sacks, Like where are these guys coming from?
Speaker 1: I do think we have to and listen. I don't want to overreact to the game, but in this instance, John, it's hard not to overreact. I mean, I'm watching the Celtics drub the Knicks last night, and I'm like, this Celtics team has so much depth. I'm not trying to overreact. But when they won the finals last year, you're like, they're like significant, significantly better than every team in the league. And I watched them last night and I'm like, I'm not overreact. Boston's gonna win it again. They're just better than everybody. Yeah, And I'm watching Philadelphia here and I'm like, yeah, this team's not going anywhere, because it would be one thing if the quarterback was cocky, or if they had a bunch of free agents or they didn't draft well John seven of their best players are like in year one or two.
Speaker 2: Well, think about it.
Speaker 3: They just won the Super Bowl in two of the better players in franchise history, Jason Kelcey and Fletcher Cox, had retired this year. So you know what hit me tonight is remember when Fangio and the Miami Dolphins like got a divorce and then Howie hires him twenty four hours later.
Speaker 2: In the Dolphins, he was just too mean, he was too demanding.
Speaker 3: It's like, guys, this is football, and this is defensive football. I got news for you. The guy knows what he's doing. And the one thing we've seen with Vic with Jim Harbaugh the one year when they was he was with the Naggy and the Bears and they traded for Khalil Mack. And then this year with you give him talent, it is on because one thing you and I talked about is like his record against Andy Reid, but it's like, well, really, if you siphon those teams out, he did not have good teams in Denver, so nothing of the caliber of talent that he was rolling into this Super Bowl with.
Speaker 2: I mean Colin the when you.
Speaker 3: Have one good unit, you could have a good defense, right when all four of you or three of your levels of.
Speaker 2: Defense are good.
Speaker 3: Their defense line is outstanding, the linebackers, they have an all Pro linebacker and Bond who had a pick tonight.
Speaker 2: And then all their.
Speaker 3: Dvs are good, you know, I mean CJ. Will Hit, Cooper dejen and Mitchell. The rookie corners are excellent and Slay is still a solid player. So they're good at every single level of the defense. And they have one of the best defensive coordinators in the league, like he's he can't win it because he's a coach. But if you told me they gave the Super Bowl MVP to Vic Fangio because the game was it felt like over pretty early on because defensively the Eagles were I don't remember the eighty five Bears, but I would have had they smothered him. It was like, have they even made it past midfield? And then finally Burkhart's like they have not crossed midfield yet, Like didn't feel.
Speaker 1: Like it, you know, John. One of the of the many reasons the NFL is king and I'm you and I are both football guys. I do love the NBA playoffs, and I love March Madness, and I love a good I love a good golf major, and I love the World Cup. And by the way, last year, I love baseball playoffs. Last year I thought they just spent Oh. I thought the National League Playoffs were insanely good. But one of the reasons that the NFL continues to have such a visceral connection with US is college football and the Eagles are an advertisement forget the draft, right, And this is why you and I are draft guys. And I've told my friends this for years is you can't buy your way to a championship. All the bad gms in football overspend in free agency. We're in the NBA. If the Lakers get Luca, you're like in a big trade. At the trade deadline, You're like, Wow, the Eagles are just an advertisement for you. Start nailing multiple drafts. That's why you can go get AJ Brown. That's why you can pay Saquon and AJ Brown because you just keep nailing draft pick after draft picks. Like the Rams are in a spot now they'll keep Stafford, but they've hit on like six straight defensive draft picks. If they have another good draft, it's like, okay, then you get to the point where you can just go buy elite players.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I've mentioned this to you and it's I think it's been well documented. Is once they missed on Jalen Rager for Justin Jefferson, they had an internal meeting that what are we doing overthinking this. We're gonna take the best players from the best program. So when you listed all those players, that was a lot of Alabama and Georgia in that list of players, and it paid dividends. I mean it paid big time dividends because you know, from Jalen Carter to DeVante Smith to Landon Dickerson to this year was somewhat unique with Mitchell and Cooper Dejen. But Mitchell is a good example of a guy like Ashton Genty this year with Boise, he could have got a million dollars and gone to Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State, but he chose to stay at his program. That's why he was I think Tulane or Toledo. I think it might have been Toledo, and Cooper Regene was Iowa, which is one of the better defenses in the league. But they're not drafting little school guys anymore. They've been burned, you know, Carson, I think you know that situation. Then obviously, the Jalen reaguer over Justin Jefferson at the time was the COVID draft, and remember, uh, the Minnesota Vikings were on the clock next and they go to the video of Spielman and he's laughing him and Zimmer because they couldn't believe that they didn't just take Justin Jefferson, and that scarred how he and how he's come back swinging. I mean to go to two Super Bowls in three years, and let's face it, this was a lot different team than than two years ago. Right, Kelsey's gone, Fletcher Cox gone, So they had to kind of, you know, reshape the squad with some impact players, and they did it with you know, Jurgens and Landon Dickerson inside and Aden Beckton. But to me, Jalen Carter, who you know, Tonight's not gonna be his greatest performance, but what he's meant to him this year, I mean he he's a dominant, dominant impact player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: You know, their roster is really good. I mean, if I.
Speaker 1: Thought tonight John you know who else won tonight? Miles Garrett, if you're if you're if you're in, if you're in the target zone of Philadelphia. I'm sitting around and I'm looking at I'm Buffalo, or maybe I'm Kansas City, or I'm one of these teams. I'm the Rams, and I think to myself, look at Philadelphia's roster. Guys, we can't catch up to that in a draft. We're paying staffer too much any one of these teams. Maybe it's it's the Chargers, but I kept I'm watching this tonight and I'm thinking, boy, if I'm a GM in a week draft. Miles Garrett makes up a lot of ground.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you, I'll tell you who will sniff around on Miles Garrett.
Speaker 3: It'll be how he and the Eagles. Because Josh Sweat I think he is a free agent. Milton Williams definitely is, and Bond is too. Though I think they'll want to keep them, maybe franchise them at worst. But I could see them offering two first round picks and paying Miles Garrett and just letting Sweat and Milton Williams go and just plug him right in there with your young guys.
Speaker 2: I mean, I I think be in the mix. I'll promise you that.
Speaker 1: You know, I was thinking about this tonight. The crowd was about seventy thirty Philadelphia, and a lot of that is because Philadelphia is just a much bigger city and they've got more fans, and it's probably a closer flight, and there's a lot of people in Philadelphia that make a lot of money. It's a you know, it's a it's a major you know, your typical East Coast city with a lot of affluence. And I gotta be honest with you, I really like, I'm very happy for Philadelphia. I thought Kansas City would win. But John, I've said this before. When the SEC was kicking everybody's ass, I used to say, well, they care more. There's no reason Ohio State football is that good. Ohio's not a rich state, but they have the biggest nil. The state has probably fifteen good high school players a year, really elite high school players. USC should be better, Texas should be better, Georgia's should be better. The Florida school should better. Ohio State just cares more. And when the SEC was crushing everybody, my take was, Okay, it means more.
Speaker 2: It's like the.
Speaker 1: Slogan you work for the Philadelphia Eagles. They freaking care. Go listen to sports talk radio in Philadelphia. Go look at the ratings of sports talk radio and Philadelphia. They are so passionate. And I gotta be honest to you. When I was a sportscaster on the West Coast and I was doing morning drive radio and the eleven o'clock news, I remember one time one of the announcers in town came up to me. He was an older guy, and he said, you're going to kill yourself. You're sleeping four and a half five hours at night. And then I moved ESPN on the East Coast, and my takeaway was, everybody works like that in the East Coast. It's just like that's like on the West Coast. I was a workaholic. In the East Coast, I was just a worker. And my take is Philadelphia just so deeply cares the media, the fans, the organization. Howie Roseman, we just have so much damn respect for the for the Eagles, I just I'm not unhappy tonight.
Speaker 2: Their owner cares a lot. He pumps a lot of money in that franchise.
Speaker 3: When you and I record a podcast, one day would have been Wednesday when I got the New Orleans maybe it was Tuesday, and I went out and met some people from the Eagles and the Chiefs. The way they talked about the Eagles draft room, I mean the amount of money that Jeffrey Lury built building their draft room, which is relatively new. I mean, it's like second to night. It's stuff you know in the NFL. You know, Clark Hunt takes a lot of crap because he doesn't pump that much money into stuff. And he goes, well, we're not this isn't college. We're not recruiting here is the NFL, right, that has never been Jeffrey Lewry's thing that he has invested a ton, so I it really does start there. But you know, and I've seen this with the Warriors. You gotta win or else he gets edgy and they'll not fireing right, you know, but they win, they'll pay guys. I mean, look at last year their season ended. That was pretty crazy. They started one and then they couldn't win a game. Their defense was atrocious and they got destroyed. I think was it Monday Night Football against the Bucks. I think thirty two to nine. They fire everybody, and it felt like besides Sirianni Howie and the players.
Speaker 2: They build a new staff.
Speaker 3: They get the highest paid defensive coordinator and Kellen Moore that they had a unique relationship with because he was with the Cowboys forever and they paid him a lot of money and it paid dividends. Immediately, we all agreed Vic fangiol is one of the best defensive coordinators the league, and Kellen Moore immediately becomes a head coach. The one thing is with Philly, and this is true with Andy Reid back in the day and now in Kansas City. You go work there as a coach, as an executive. Like you go places, you know, it's one of those places that like send you to greater heights. And I think it's a lot because, like you said, the vibe in the building. I remember coming from Fresno State from Pat Hill who had worked at Belichick, and my first week, I was like, I don't know if I'm gonna last.
Speaker 2: It's like Wall Street.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just intense. You know, I'm twenty four years old. It's just an we're in OTAs. I'm like this Howie Roseman guy's insane.
Speaker 2: But there's just he has.
Speaker 3: He has an ambition and an energy that, you know, talking to people when I was in New Orleans, that's no different from what I've been told than it was fifteen years ago. And I've heard that about Andy Reid forever. His work ethic now is no different than it was in two thousand and seven. Still gets the office at the same time, still the same passion. These guys are just driven on that.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: Phil Savage used to call it the football treadmill, and Sabing and Belichick would get on it in the beginning of like July or you know, the beginning of August when camp would start, and they just never break.
Speaker 2: Stride until the season ends.
Speaker 3: Or most guys you know in football, Hell, i'd get exhausted, but they are just unfazed by the pressure, by the games, by the injuries. And I think, you know, I think both, I think Alie and you know Andy.
Speaker 2: I mean Andy already was a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 3: I don't see how he two super Bowls, two different coaches, two different quarterbacks, and a five six year span colin pretty unheard of.
Speaker 2: In this modern day NFL.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's as a guy that does have all the power, you know that some gems don't like he does.
Speaker 1: It's time to look at this weekend's tastiest matchup in this week's Sunday Night food Ball, brought to you by Uber Eats. Yeah, it's you know, Nick Sirianni is so fascinating to me because I've said before, you know, I was thinking about this tonight. There are two different kind of coaches, and this is I'm talking successful coaches. There's two types of coaches that are successful in this league. There's the scheme guys. Shanahan is a scheme.
Speaker 3: Guy.
Speaker 1: Andy Reid is a scheme guy be Kevin O'Connell. I think Belichick defensively was a scheme guy. He and then there's culture guys. Vrabel I think is. I think Dan Campbell, I think Jim Harbaugh is known as Is. Mcvay's a little bit of both where he's got great culture but he can do the schemes. But you generally, it's like that. For years and years, they talked about the walk around coaches, the guy some guys call plays. Other guys are like Jimmy Johnson. They walk around and they coach their coaches. Saban was always like that, he coaches his coaches. But Siriani, I don't know what he is. He's not a scheme guy. Clearly, the minute he gives up play calling, they're better. He doesn't feel like he's the culture guy. It feels more like it's Howie and Laurie. I don't know how to categorize him. And this is not a criticism of him, you know, I was thinking about this tonight watching the game. It's like there are people that I mean, I don't have a strong opinion.
Speaker 2: My take is.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's a perfect fit for Philly. Maybe this roster is so damn good that it's hard to screw it up. What don't we classify Sirianni as a guy that literally his his position. Coaches literally had to con front him because he was because he was jawing at like Jalen Carter. It's like, what the hell am I watching?
Speaker 2: I will say this talking to people in New Orleans. The people in the building really really like him. So he is well liked and has a lot of respect from players and coaches.
Speaker 3: Tonight, the way they came out, you know, he is in charge of just the messaging of the team, right team meetings, they were ready and they were loose, that they didn't feel tight, that they came out swinging. You know, if Nick Sirianni was Jim or John Harball and his team had just looked like that, we would be calling it one of the great Super Bowl performances in recent memory, right, because, like you said, we don't have that many blowouts in the last the Internet age.
Speaker 2: They were all like when I was a kid in the nineties, those.
Speaker 3: Type games don't really exist, and he just did it in some way because of I don't want to say the negative connotation around him, but I think fans and definitely people that talk about football probably don't put him on the same level as some of these other guys.
Speaker 2: But he has been to.
Speaker 3: Two Super Bowls in three years, you know, and he went toe to toe with Andy Reid in the last one. He beat the crap out of him in this one. It's got to mean something. So I've been hard on him, but I don't You got to give him his credit and his flowers for this performance because his team, they just showed up with an etche and so whether that's you know, knowing the right things to say to your coaches, knowing when to leave them alone.
Speaker 2: However, they handled the.
Speaker 3: Super Bowl week of being loose but also being focused because approaching these two weeks is not easy. He also has some young players. I mean they're starting multiple rookies. Jalen Carter's the second year guy, so that they do have young guys, and it's not like Kelsey and Fletcher Coxe there to hold everyone's hand. So I think he deserves a lot of credit for just how focused the team will. I mean, coming out you could tell early, like God, the Eagles are here to play. I didn't think it was gonna you know, a quarter in you're like, Okay, the Chiefs will figure it out, but this is gonna be hard.
Speaker 2: And then they just never left their foot off the pedal.
Speaker 1: That was this week's Sunday Night food Ball, brought to you by Uber Eats my fave as the official on demand delivery partner of the NFL. Uber eats has the best game day deals all season long. Order now for game day. So as we're watching, we started this before the end of the game. A home sit Worthy on a deep ball plus the two point conversion, it's forty twenty one. Now here's the good news for Kansas City. Rashi Rice looked like a number one when he got hurt. Worthy now has established himself as a big time player. They finally have their receiver situation kind of sorted out. They're going to have to figure out tight end, and they're going to draft a left tackle with our first pick. So Kansas City's going to be fine. Let's not for the record, Brady didn't lose. I mean, one of the great things about Tom Brady is that Brady just didn't lose big very often, and I think so much That's where Brady's underrated. The other day I had him on the show on Friday. Tom just wouldn't call plays if he thought it was trouble. He's the greatest quarterback ever. He and Peyton Manning at the line of scrimmage, they're just just either it's smart either whatever, it's cognitive, it's homework prep, whatever it is. But I look at this game tonight, it's not going to tarnish my Homes. And I'm not saying that, but he has now two blowout losses where they look lost in Super Bowls. Do you look at it? Just do you look at him just slightly differently because pregame we're talking about is he going to be in that? Are we going to start struggling with the argument? And you kind of watch this thing and you're like, man, they didn't move the chains when Philadelphia was rolling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to me, he had a long way to go to catch Tom. I mean one Tom played to lose forty five when a Super Bowl in his forties, he beat my Homes twice. I think that talk was a little premature because even if he had one to night, he would have won four Thomas seven. The other thing is Patrick Mahomes. Let's say he had one to night. Wasn't not only he wasn't the best quarterback in the NFL. There were multiple quarterbacks better than him. You know, we talk about because of his resume, is so much better than Lamar, Josh and Joe that he gets put ahead of them, and rightfully so, but just on a weekly basis. I mean, Joe Burrow was elite this year. Lamar Jackson was better this year than he was last year, and he won the MVP, and Josh Allen literally just won the MVP. But he beats them in playoff games, and that has an outweighed importance. So I'm all for it. But I just think Patrick Mahomes, I think right where he sits right now, and he's thirty years old, so he has a long way to go. Is much more in the in the Peyton Manning. You know Peyton Manning. I vividly remember the pick six he had and the Sean Payton Super Bowl in two thousand and nine. To Tracy Porter, he played was a Seattle and that in that in their first Super Bowl and they won seventy to zero or whatever the score. I mean they housed him when the first play was snapped over. So it's you know, Peyton Manning had some weird playoff moments. Uh, you know, Tom's career is pretty unprecedented, and even Patrick is like you said, I mean the point differential in the two games.
Speaker 2: Tom didn't have those games.
Speaker 3: Now, I also think you can call plays for Patrick, and Patrick can do things in plays that gets them in situations when it's not going well. He's doing three sixties and running into sacks. Tom Brady didn't have that. Tom had to if it was if he was under arrest. The ball is either going to Julian Daman or grow quick or throwing the ball away or hitting the ground. He's not doing any of that. Patrick Mahomes, I don't want to say hero ball because for a lot of it, it works tonight when when it looks bad, it looks really when it looks bad, it looks like he's playing like Russell Wilson or something tonight. Right, Yeah, you know, justin fields and it's.
Speaker 2: Just played off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I'm in the first half. My takeaway was, oh, Tom would engine or something here. Tom would get rid of the ball. Like I'm watching their routes. Tom would shorten the routes. Tom would go to the sidelines. Tom would say in that first half, it was twenty four to nothing and a half and everything looked the same. And that's where I think you see the difference with Brady and Mahomes. Tom. If Tom had back to back poor drives, he would go to the sidelines, he'd bark, he would on the fly just change stuff. And I mean he said it again on my show Friday. I go to the line if I don't think we if we're not lined up, I'm not calling that play. I'm audibling out of that play. I didn't see a lot of that with Mahomes. I think they just kind of stuck with what they were doing. At one point they showed a shot from behind him and they were running deep routes in the first half, and I was thinking, guys, you have to shorten every route. You got two seconds max to throw.
Speaker 3: I think if they could do it over again, they would have tried to run the ball more early. They were passing it don stop, and it just was not working. Even if you're only gained in a couple of yards, it just settles everyone down. They didn't start running it to like the third or fourth drive, and it was already felt like it was.
Speaker 2: Too late, and I think they got.
Speaker 3: They came in with the game plan that they could throw on them, and after that first play where I think they hit Juju for a first down first play the game, it was a disaster. You know, just Kelsey wasn't moving that fast. They were just out of sink.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think he retired. I think he retires.
Speaker 2: I think he does too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's I mean, I think he's a shell of himself physically, and listen, he's one of the all time great NFL athletes. I think it really jumped out to me in that Houston Texans game when he had a huge play and he was running, It's like, whoa, he looks way slower.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this. You're Kansas City, Travis Kelsey retires, he's off the books, Chris Jones, you get Miles Garrett. Kelsey's gone. I mean, you're not paying your receivers. You're paying Mahomes, Chris Jones, Miles Garrett, your receiver, you're all free. You're going to draft a left tackle. You're not paying your running backs. You're not paying a lot of these young defensive players. You're not paying McDuffie.
Speaker 2: Yet.
Speaker 1: Why can't Kansas City look at this game and go, let's go get Miles Garrett.
Speaker 2: I mean I think they would think long and hard about it. I mean they will be in the mix.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean they've they've made trades like this before, they'll make them again. So yeah, I would be they'll be sniffing around.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's he may not be Reggie White or Lawrence Taylor or Aaron Donald, he's he is the closest thing to it.
Speaker 3: I think he's pretty close. I think I think he's. I think if he played for the Chiefs or the Ravens, or the Packers or the Niners, I think we would talk about him closer to that than he plays for the Brown So he does get quite discussed like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, I think you're right. I think he's. I think there are these players how often and he's still I think in this prime he's in great shape?
Speaker 2: Free.
Speaker 1: How How often in your lifetime is Reggie White available? Reggie White was available because the owner of the Eagles was so cheap. He was asking players to pay for equipment. If you remember, this was pretty Jeffrey Lourie, it was a mess. I think the owner had hired Rich code tight. He let Reggie White go. He was just a mess as an owner. It's like Miles Garrett Buffalo. I mean, Buffalo already allowed Kansas City to draft Mahomes and Worthy and by the way, Trent McDuffie, I mean they moved up for Trent McDuffie. Like, if I'm Buffalo, I go by Miles Garrett. I just I figure out a way to make it work. I'm not paying James Cook, I'm not paying my tight end Kincaid. I'm not paying Campbell the receiver. I mean, you're I don't know. I just I look up Miles Garrett and I and I'm watching the Eagles tonight, and if I'm Kansas City or Buffalo, I'm like, guys, how do we make up ground considerably in an off season? This is a week draft. It can't be the draft. Yeah, I just think I kept saying tonight watching this, I'm like, if I Miles Garrett's agent should feel great.
Speaker 3: I would throw the NFC North teams in there as well, the Packers. I know the Lions have Aiden Hutchinson, but I did want two of them. I would throw the Vikings too if they end up not going with Sam Donald and they let Sam Donald go somewhere else. They're gonna go with JJ McCarthy. They should be all over Miles Garrett as well. So I think the teams that are drafting in the twenties, not only are every single one of those teams on the phone with Cleveland, the Cleveland Browns already, I think they've already made like substantial offers, Like just to let you know, our starting offers are two ones and a two.
Speaker 2: We're open for business. Counter offer us.
Speaker 3: We got you see our fifty three man roster, you see our draft picks.
Speaker 2: If you want more, shoot me an email. But that's where we start.
Speaker 3: And you guys come back at us, because I think clearly the Browns don't want egg on their face, Like you never want to be the person trading great players who, like you said, this is a This is not a fat overweight agent guy. He is a physical freak. He's like Lebron a football, but he is He was smart about it. He handled it in a classy way. Then he went to the media row or whatever and just kind of doubled down in just in a very measured way. Sometimes these can feel a little like this is a weird I was like, yeah, I respect this guy. I wouldn't want to play in Cleveland either if I was him, right, I mean, I have an opportunity to be an all time great.
Speaker 2: I'm stuck here.
Speaker 3: We also have the situation of Deshaun Watson's anchor contract, you know, and we I don't see the playoffs coming.
Speaker 2: For the foreseeable future.
Speaker 3: We got Joe Flacco lightning in a bottle. When's that happening again?
Speaker 2: Probably not?
Speaker 3: And if you're Cleveland you can ship him out. You kind of reset while you have this Deshaun Watson albatross of a contract for another one hundred plus million dollars on the books. You got the number two pick, you trade Miles Garrett. You kind of restart your.
Speaker 1: Franchise forty twenty two Eagles in an absolute route.
Speaker 2: Got a it's not good for Dallas. I always thinking about that, you know.
Speaker 1: Oh No, I wrote this down, figured it out.
Speaker 3: The Eagles who are gonna be awesome and again next year.
Speaker 2: I wrote this.
Speaker 1: Dallas needs six to seven more elite players to compete with Philadelphia. Six to seven more elite player. That's why I've said do you move? Because I think Mike Micah Parsons a good player. I don't think he's close to Miles Garrett or CJ.
Speaker 2: Watt.
Speaker 1: I don't think he's in that class. My take is, do you move my Do you move him and get two first round picks. Dallas just doesn't have the offensive firepower. Now Dak's off his second injury. No, I wrote it down. I kept this. I thought this game, I thought Philadelphia, this resonates with a lot of teams. I'm thinking Dallas has to look at this and goes, you know, ship, we we we got more. We need six more good players. And if you're paying Ceedee, Lamb and Dak, we're not getting them in the draft. It's a weak draft. We have to move people and hit on draft picks. I mean, I I don't want to be you know again, you know, hyperbolic, but you just looked this. Andy Reid does not get humiliated. I mean it's like they got humiliated in the Super Bowl where their left tackle got hurt late they could not move the chains. It was funny because my producer Ryan sent me something during the game. He said, it's the fewest first half yards with Mahomes quarterback.
Speaker 2: Ever.
Speaker 1: They had twenty three total yards in the first half forty five penalty yards.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: What you watched was one of the greatest dismantling in the first half. They had one first down in two turnovers. This thing was and that's Mahomes and Reid and that's Kelsey.
Speaker 2: Jesus.
Speaker 3: I think one thing the Chiefs, you know, Pachaco's a solid player, but they could just use I mean, obviously like a Saquanner McCaffrey, but this drafted guy in like the second or third round, who's just a really good starter and who could be your star running back behind him for a long time. I think that would you know, or tight in one of those two positions with Kelsey going, because that that position helps. I mean, how much does that help Jalen Hurts just being able to dump it off to God or throw it to sake one all the time, because it was so evident through that game. Obviously they hit some huge place to aj and DeVante Smith and even to Goddard as well, but they also just have some easy first downs where like the Chiefs, how hard did they have to work to gain like three arcs. It's like this is not sustainable, Like this is this is not this is not possible. I actually think Michael Parsons, I think the Chiefs would be all over him as well.
Speaker 2: I mean it would not shock me.
Speaker 3: I think remember Steven had some comments toward the end of the season that you know, we gotta you only have so much money to build the team.
Speaker 2: Doesn't make sense.
Speaker 3: Obviously you want to have Michael Parsons on your team, but financially, And then I saw rap sheet said today like they've already had internal discussions.
Speaker 2: I think, you know, Miles.
Speaker 3: Garrett is a better all around player, but I yah, when you when you look at his age and you know this would be his first contract, I think you're getting multiple ones in a two like that. They would get a haul for Micah Parsons and yep and the good teams, you know. I think what would complicated for the Cowboys is like, would you trade Michael Parsons? Would they do it to the Packers, the Lions probably not, or the Washington Obviously they wouldn't do it to Washington.
Speaker 2: So the should you bring.
Speaker 3: Up the Bills Like if Michaeh Parkson, you should be all over Michah Parsons.
Speaker 2: Yes, if you're the Bills, you know. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean because listen, Kansas City's dropped thirty five plus points against Buffalo every time they play in these playoff games, like with Sean McDermott. So listen, you got to create something, you you know, sometimes these these markets like Green Bay or Buffalo because the media. Part of the success of Philadelphia is the media is so relentless. And I can remember when I lived in Connecticut listening to WFA N and occasionally WIP, and there was no question that front offices were pressurized, no question by the onslaught of fans. Owners listen to fans, owners talk to GMS, and I do think it's one of the advantages in the Northeast. Right now, the Celtics are the best NBA team and the Eagles are the best NFL team, and that you know in baseball the Dodgers just by the best players. But I do think there's a pressurized environment and it's like normalized now, like everybody understands. You go play in the East, the media is tough, the fans are tough, like it's just part of it. Everybody. If you can't handle it, don't go there. And you know, I think I think these markets like Green Band, Buffalo. It's let's be honest, the media is not as loud, it's more supportive. I mean, in Philadelphia, Sean McDermott is out of a job. It's done. He's already been canned. If he could not beat a team where you felt like you had, you know, at least as talent as a quarterback, McDermott would be gone in Philadelphia. And so I think, you know, sometimes those markets they're too nice, you know, Buffalo and Green Bay. To me, both those teams need Miles Garrett. You're not going anywhere. I mean, it's like I like Laflora, I like McDermott. These Buffalo is not winning that game. They get out coach to out played. Just go go buy him, So go trade for him. I'd love to see it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: It's funny. I'm trying to wrap tonight's game in a bow before I move on for about ten minutes on something else. I'm just I'm not unhappy Philadelphia front office ownership. Quarterback down earned tonight.
Speaker 3: Good for them, Yeah, I mean, I think what happened to him last year, they're turned around this year. The Saquon Barkley signing. I mean's just an all timer, Colin.
Speaker 2: It's just you see it.
Speaker 3: You see in basketball and baseball football free agency. You know the days of like Reggie White or Deon Sanders. It just doesn't really happen anymore. With franchise tags.
Speaker 2: It's just very rare.
Speaker 3: I mean, great players change teams, but it's usually big trades. In the NFL, it's very rare. A guy twenty five, twenty six year old blue chip guys just available on the open market, and how he signed him, and then the guy ran for a total I think if you count the playoffs, like twenty five hundred yards.
Speaker 2: So I mean, just very cool moment for him.
Speaker 3: I you know, you know, Jalen had a good game, and he takes a lot of shit. But Jalen's been making fifty million for a couple of years, Like, he's pretty well established as a good player. The Saquan situation, any time you're drafted really high and you go to a shitty team and everyone's like, wow, is he really worth it? We all agree he wouldn't have been as good on the Giants, but it's pretty clear it wasn't his fault when he was on the Giants. It's all the Giants, because if you put that guy in a good team, man, that's I mean, he had it's only one season, but that's like a Hall of Fame level season. One year goes to the Eagles, helped pretty much leads their offense to the Super Bowl and their Super Bowl champs.
Speaker 2: So congrats to saque Bar because that's really cool.
Speaker 1: Before we go, how about five minutes on this, Jordan Schultz and then Jay Glazer reported the Jets moved off Aaron Rodgers. So for the second time in a couple of years, a team as Aaron flew out to New York thinking positively optimistically it would happen, they moved off him. I think the Colts and the Raiders work. I think Chip Kelly. They have two tackles, they have a center, they have two good tight ends. Then they're running back in a receiver. I think I think the Raiders works for Aaron Rodgers. He'd take that over the Colts and Shane Steichen. But you know, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady late in their careers leave and have some success. Brett Farve did as well, got to an NFC championship a throw from the Super Bowl. Are you surprised that it was just two years of nothing and the second team bailed on him. I'm not but are you.
Speaker 3: You know this new culture coming in, you know, Aaron Glen's at former high level player. Yes, looks like do I want to deal with some old a aging You know, what's the hardest thing to deal with sometimes in pro sports an aging former superstar, especially one.
Speaker 2: That's a little different. You know Peyton Manning that last year.
Speaker 3: Remember Kubiak and Elway had to sit him down and like it was difficult, he took a pay cut. These are these are tough conversations. But I think it was pretty clear that the Johnson family was over this guy about two months left to go in the season. I wonder if part of the interviews was like Aaron's done here, which most of these new code who cares like? It's not like okay, fine, I don't need them anyway. I think the question now is is he even tradable because he's on the books for this year, his cash you know, his cap hits twenty three million dollars.
Speaker 2: I honestly think they'd probably have to cut him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wonder if anyone had even trade for him, so It's like, I think they just cut him, cut him, and then someone signed them for ten million bucks.
Speaker 2: I mean, is he is that what he's getting.
Speaker 3: It's kind of a unique because if you think about it, Roethlisberger's arm gave out on him, it was clear, but he just ends as a Steeler. Manning's arm doesn't work, wins the Super Bowl, but then no one would resign him. Breeze's arms started going and it just ended.
Speaker 2: Is he really just gonna go play? Like?
Speaker 3: What if the Titans outbid that and they give him twelve million? The Raiders were only willing to give him, So he's gonna finish his career on the Titans. Because I do think it wouldn't just be those two.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of teams.
Speaker 3: Would be interested just to try to get their franchise. You know, these owners give them a little oomph. If you got some cap face, I'll give Aaron Rodgers fifteen if you're the Titans, why wouldn't you pay him?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he has a house in Nashville. I mean, let's say, hey, listen, we'll give you two years. Got a house in Nashville. It's an easy division. And then you have that number one pick, you could trade down, get a bunch of players around him. It's just interesting. I was told that Aaron Glenn, for the people that didn't hear my pre Super Bowl fifteen minute rant, I was told by somebody I trust that Aaron Glenn, coming from a really strong culture in Detroit, wants to mimic that right, duplicate that in New York, and he didn't want Aaron Rodgers the player or the person in the room. And they'll say all the right stuff, but in the end, I mean Green Bay caught him off guard. The Jets kind of caught him off guard. Aaron has that disease of has to be the smartest guy in the room. I'm gonna do my own homework on the internet. And you know, I think in the end, Aaron, I mean, I could write chapters in a book on things I've heard from people that have been around him. He's really moody guy. You can get good Aeron or bad Aeron, but in the end, he's just not good enough. Now he's probably the fifteenth best quarterback in the league. He's just not good enough for the bs you deal with. Like, he's not early to the locker room. He's not optimistic like Brady to the end. I mean it was just like high energy, high optimism, high standards. I'm not sure Aaron loves the game. I think, you know how when he ever worked with somebody or you have somebody in your family and they're like I work hard, and you're like, dude, hard work is sixty five hours a week, not forty two. I think Aaron says he loves the game. I don't see it. I don't I don't see that just just unbridled, like just relentless passion for it. I think I think Aaron thinks he loves the game, but he doesn't love it. He doesn't love it the way the guys that I see it in pro sports love it.
Speaker 2: I think it'll be very telling that when they cut.
Speaker 3: Him, if he's only getting seven, eight, ten million dollar off, he doesn't need the money, right, He's worth hundreds of millions of dollars. At this point in time, it was clear he did not want to get hit last year.
Speaker 2: Don't blame him. He's forty years old, right, So is he going to go play for some of these teams? You know?
Speaker 3: Pete Carroll calls the Titans, call like yeah, this this might not go well again.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: The one thing Aaron Rodgers has a good feel for, you know, the most of his career is what a good team looks like. So this could be really like, you go sign up for one of these teams. Best case scenario might be like seven wins and you, you know, struggled to stay hurt last year on a roster that's going to be better more than likely than one of these teams interested in you. So I wonder if he gets to the point where it's like, am I really going to do a one year for eight, nine, ten million dollars?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And the only thing he willest this year paying him thirty five million dollars. If someone was willing to pay him that, I think he would for sure play sure, Sure, But I have a hard time if you're ten million dollars and it's like the best option is the Titans. Him just going I'm just gonna go hang out in Malibu and just kick it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got a beautiful house. I watched that documentary Enigma, and it was interesting, you know. I watched the first episode, was bored out of my mind. I gave it a second episode that was better.
Speaker 3: Third episode, like I gave ten minutes and I turned it off. I'm like, I don't even care.
Speaker 2: It wasn't for me. You're a better man than me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I kind of felt like I for the audience I had to go watch it. But you know, I just think he's just a different cat, and I think over the last six or seven years, he's got to be really high maintenance. But I don't know what the Jets are going to do at quarterback. But I and I ran into Chip Kelly Saturday night briefly, and this was before I knew the era and news, and my take is that's probably the best place for him. Honestly, it's probably the best. If I was him, I can be closer to Malibu, it's probably the best place for him.
Speaker 3: I saw a headline today that the Raiders might be interested in Sam Donald, and I actually ran into Sam Donald at the hotel gym the day I was leaving, and I talked to him again in the elevator. You know one thing that really stands out to me. I had a bunch of players staying at the hotel I was staying at. Ran into like Ladanian Tomblinson, and I know Lorenzo O'Neil really well, so I went up and talked to him about low Neil and a lot of just good, easy going guys, like you can just have a normal conversation with Ladanian Tomlinson, like in the in the hotel gym for five minutes, where it's like, you know, this is one of the great running backs in the history of the league. Like I don't know if you know, the equivalent in some of these other sports will just do that. But these guys, you know, Sam Darnold, who just had one of the great seasons in the league, he's just besm with me about where he's gonna play golf this summer in LA. It's just it's just an easy going group of people. And my theory has always been is they're they're the most they have the most in common with normal people because their job is one they get caught all the time. One they also get screamed at at their job a lot, like if it's not going well, you're getting criticized by your bosses like normal human beings do. And there's just they just communicate very well with non you know, famous people, which it can be a struggle with people making a lot of money and it's I was just very impressed. All the players that I ran into the hotel just had brief conversations with the volume