Speaker 1: I am all in again. Oh Let's kiss you.
Speaker 2: Gilmore Girls Gazette with Amy Sugarman and Danielle Romo, an iHeartRadio podcast. I missed doing Bundheads last week? Did you?
Speaker 1: I did? Actually, I actually did, because I missed it so much that I forgot to watch the episode until this morning and normal days an advance.
Speaker 2: I had to skip a call with Amy this morning, and she had to do it by herself because at eight thirty, as I was waltzing into the bathroom, I said, shoot, she watched the episode.
Speaker 1: So funny because I woke up at six thirty and was so tired and was like, I forgot to watch Bunheads. So I set my alarm for eight so that I could finish the episode before the call.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look, I we both watched it this morning, which means it's very fresh in our brain, very fresh, very fresh.
Speaker 1: It's a great episode.
Speaker 2: So it's the winter premiere. So January seven, twenty thirteen, Season one, episode eleven. You want to see something, you want.
Speaker 1: To see something. By the way, that was amazing that Michael Delowi's was in it.
Speaker 2: I know TJ so good.
Speaker 1: T He was great and it is great in it I think this episode's great. I think this show has finally found its found its way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. So, just to get everyone up to speed, so Michelle goes back to not Vegas but Henderson.
Speaker 1: Which Henderson is actually nice. They make Henderson look not nice in this and like, Henderson's a very fancy town.
Speaker 2: So it is a very very fancy and rich town. However, I get it because it's not Vegas, right.
Speaker 1: You're definitely like off Broadway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. So she's Michelle's working as a magician's assistant aka TJ's assistant. The Dan studio closed down, Ginny takes over her mother's business, Melanie cares for her grandfather, Boo helps take care of her little brother, and Sasha returns.
Speaker 1: So now I did not know bo Boo had siblings for some reason, I missed it. And I didn't know that Boo's mom was still married to Boo's dad, like I was like.
Speaker 2: Oh, I thought Boo's mom was a single mom. Like I didn't realize you.
Speaker 1: I did too. I don't know why. I guess that was just because they that's all we've seen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, for sure, I related a lot to Boo in this episode, though, because she had to take care of her her younger siblings, and my sister's ten years younger than me, so I had to do that a lot with my sister. So I was like, oh, I kind of related to her a little bit.
Speaker 1: I found the whole episode. Yeah, I thought, everybody, look, I don't know, this is what I feel. I feel like somebody gave Sutton Foster a note that said tone it down, girl, and she did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's doing good. She's doing good, really good.
Speaker 1: And I loved First of all, I think that Truly got a makeover. Why did Truly look so like pretty, like she's always pretty, but like.
Speaker 2: I've always loved Truly. I think that character is so underrated. She's the Kirk of bun Heads.
Speaker 1: I love it. Yeah. How about the cardboard full kitchen with electricity? I was like, oh my god, this is good amazing.
Speaker 2: This is so cute, so cute and so quaint and small and and almost like a little kid and needed to buy like a parent needed buy that for their little kid. So they had a kitchen.
Speaker 1: I know that would be amazing. We opened the show with a dance video of Michelle, so at first I was like, wait, she's back, everything's fine, and then you realize Fanny's watching a video. Yeah, and Fanny's like house is kind of a mess. It's like she's trying to remodel or do something. So that was that, And then as you said, we learned like all the girls are kind of like, is it summer?
Speaker 2: You know what's weird about the girls in this episode is they all were put into adult situation, like they're a dance class and then be adults.
Speaker 1: So this was their summer jobs. I've lost the timeline. I exit, No, they just did the Nutcracker, so it's just winter break. I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't really know the timing care definitely not in school because maybe they're still in winter break. Maybe it's like after Christmas before they go back to school.
Speaker 1: They all seem like good girls.
Speaker 2: Too, Yeah, they're all good girls Minas. Sasha's getting into some trouble, but there's a lot of payoff in the end of the.
Speaker 1: Sasha the package they keep referring to, what's the package? Is it? Sasha?
Speaker 2: What do you mean the package?
Speaker 1: They kept saying, they keep mentioning this package, do you have the package? Is that? Sasha? Because Sasha, basically we learned Sasha.
Speaker 2: It's like running away from home, essentially, she doesn't want to have it.
Speaker 1: Wait, she was supposed to be at some ballet thing. God, what's the name of that ballet thing, Jeffrey, Maybe it's summer. I'm super confused by the way on the timeline. But anyway, she bailed and she's hiding in the broom closet, and then eventually she breaks into Michelle's house, which was a really good scene. We'll talk about that.
Speaker 2: At the end, a really good scene.
Speaker 1: The dance studio is not open. It's just like storing junk. Yeah, a bunch of Christmas crap too. Timeline is confusing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the timeline is a very confusing. But yeah, so Ginny's working for a mom's real sty agency booz babysitting all the kids while her mom is on bed rest. Melanie is taking care of her grandfather, which all those scenes at the Oyster Bar were really actually.
Speaker 1: Kind of funny and also a little bit a little bit sad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I mentioned the package that just being sent between them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think that was Sasha maybe.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I really also found it enjoyable. The Vegas stuff or the Henderson stuff, so she's living with Talia, and Talia's got this old boyfriend who seems dead nice can be, yeah, and Tallya totally likes him. And they brought her home like did you see The food was in like aluminum swans, like the takeout. The only scene I did not like was when she was eating the hummus. That was when she was over the top again, and I'm like, be crazy, Yeah, Chip hummus, Chip hummus.
Speaker 2: Chip made me kind of hungry though, it's like I want some dumm.
Speaker 1: I don't like hummus.
Speaker 2: You like it.
Speaker 1: I love There's a video that's gone viral of Boo when they all got maced, which was a little bit funny too.
Speaker 2: It was funny, it was alarious. I am well done, well done, because that's something that would happen nowadays, right, Like a viral video would happen off of that, Like if that, if that happened in real life, a dance teacher maced all the kids in her program, not only would it be on use, but it would be on viral, like they would.
Speaker 1: You know, this episode doesn't feel dated. It feels like it could be right now.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. I agree, so I found.
Speaker 1: The whole thing enjoyable, even her like performance with TJ. It's this magic show that's like so bad, and it's called what is it? You want to see it?
Speaker 2: Or what they want to see something?
Speaker 1: I want to see something. And he's got like the rings, the magic rings, and he's like putting them together and then there's like a box where they make someone disappear and she's kind of doing a dance with it. It's so bad, but it's so good.
Speaker 2: It's so good, and no one's in the crowd, like zero two little grannies are in the crowd.
Speaker 1: And then one of the performances, Fanny shows up and that was a great scene. That's a great scene underplayed by both of them.
Speaker 2: Finally, Yeah, and before Fanny shows up, we see her watching the video of their wedding day and so she's seeing how Hubble is just so enamored by her and really does see something really special in Michelle that one Michelle doesn't see in herself, but that other people are like this girl's kind of wacky, but he adores her. And I think it made her take a step back a little bit and yeah, and evaluate her impact on her own life, right, like Michelle, whether Fanny likes it or not, does mean something to.
Speaker 1: Her totally, and you get this sort of speech about family. You get a really lovely, lovely, excellent scene between Sutton Foster and Kelly Bishop, Fanny and Michelle. Yeah, blah blah blah. Basically, Sasha goes because she can't stay with the other bun heads, so she goes to sneak into Michelle's place. She's going to stay there. And that cute guy that she's dating, which I do like that guy. I like that guy for her.
Speaker 2: I want his eyeliner to go away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I get it. He was the basketball player and he's found himself and now he's kind of alternative. But they have this cute kiss and then Michelle is there.
Speaker 2: They don't kiss. They don't kiss, They weren't kissing. They were about to, Like they got close to each other, they were about to kiss.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, it was a cute moment though they definitely like each other. And then Sasha is so happy that Michelle's back she runs over and hugs her. So Michelle decides she's not gonna be mad at Sasha for breaking into the guest house, and she says that Sasha can stay there, and she tells the dude.
Speaker 2: She's like most of the boyfriend like get out of here or not boyfriend, but the dude get out of here.
Speaker 1: Really really another great scene, really good. I remember I knew this. This is when this show just starts to just jam like it's so good. Yeah, and all the sort of like I don't know finding its way is gone and now it's just great. And then they go to the studio, right, and they sort of have this conversation, I might do this, well, I might do this, remember that. Yeah, I go to New York. I might do that, take time off.
Speaker 2: And they're basically saying we need each other is what they're saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then there's like a dance to the the oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Fanny says that she came up with an idea for the autumn recital.
Speaker 1: So this must be right before I guess they all went away for summer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this has to be summertime.
Speaker 1: Maybe she's been gone for a while, yeah, because if she left after the Nutcracker, maybe it's been months.
Speaker 2: And that makes sense because this is month after the episode premiered, right, So like maybe they're trying to like do it in real time that it's been like four months.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's been yeah, no one, I mean, yeah, it's summer, so that's why they're all doing their summer jobs. Okay, we get it. Sorry, it took us the whole recast blew in, but we got there. Yeah, it's all that matters. Hope you'll stuck with us.
Speaker 2: Fanny shares an idea for the autumn recital, and it's dancing to the viral video.
Speaker 1: That yeah, I forget this saying but it was like she maced my face or whatever, and then Boo says, I'm sorry to Michelle. It's a great it's good.
Speaker 2: It's good. I had a lot of chuckles in this episode, and I and I enjoyed it.
Speaker 1: I really, I don't have any cringe e other than the hummus eating, so like that's a low amount of cringe for me. The hummus eating I didn't like because it was just know any tummus like that, and she's just being too again take our note, Sutton Foster under.
Speaker 2: Play it down. Yeah, and a lot of the time the chips didn't even have a hummus on it.
Speaker 1: I know, they were so like chip crumbs. But then when they shot the other side. You see the chips. I'm like, why isn't she eating the chips? Said, she's eating the chip crumbs. Whatever. We've got some issues with the hummus scene. Funny though, when uh Fanny goes to the show and she says, I went to your you know, I went to and you.
Speaker 2: Better want to show some hummus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's funny, funny, all good. Do we rate these?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: We do.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say that out of ten for me, for in a Bunheads not compared to Gilmore Girls, compared to the Head's Like as a Bunheads episode, this is a nine out of ten. I enjoyed it. I liked it. It was entertaining.
Speaker 1: I'm a nine too.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, Well, next episode I'm excited for it. Somehow involves Channing Tatum.
Speaker 1: You got seven more episodes. It somehow involves Channing Tatum, and I think you're gonna be bummed like I was when we finish. You'll want more Buttonheads, that's my that's my guess right now, it's starting to appear that way.
Speaker 2: So not mad yeppers, good stuff, all right, bun Heads out June.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody don't forget. Follow us on Instagram at i Am all In Podcast, and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.