Speaker 1: Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly, a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Time now for Fantasy Football Weekly from iHeartRadio, your weekly source for the nation's best fantasy speculation and advice. Now along with the guys from gueteen leagues dot com.
Speaker 1: Here's your host, Paul jar Welcome to Fantasy Football Weekly. It is week number nine. This is a tricky bye week for many of you. A lot of good teams on BUYE and I know you're scrambling to fine starters.
Speaker 3: We're gonna help you.
Speaker 1: And by weirre, I mean Matt Harrison and making his return after a month away from the show, Thorn Eistrom.
Speaker 3: Welcome back.
Speaker 4: Hey, thanks, good beer.
Speaker 3: Good to have you back.
Speaker 1: As always, we'll break down all the games Fantasy Football Weekly style, with letter grades on every player. We'll give you nine players upon whom you can take a chance. We'll answer three tough questions, and we've got a raucous premature speculation coming your way.
Speaker 5: Raucous. I'm Hackett.
Speaker 6: I'm very glad that you lifted the suspension on thor By the way, charge.
Speaker 1: Sexual misconduct suspensions are not supposed to be something that we discuss over the air.
Speaker 5: Oh Jr. Violence discuss the first part.
Speaker 4: You know nothing about Hippa No, come on, guys.
Speaker 1: Let's begin with the Chargers taking on the Jets. Speaking of Thorn, you've got heavy duty, You've got the extra matchup this week. Let's start here. Chargers offense has been inconsistent and the tricky matchup with the Jets sure is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jeffson Herbert. We're gonna start out with him.
Speaker 7: Gonna give him a B this week Fantasy's QB three, but he's going to be tested this week. Jets have an awesome pass defense, as you guys know, they allow the third lowest yards per attempt and the fourth lowest passer rating, so we have to take Herbert from that usual aid down to a B. Keenan Allen his favorite target wide receiver six in Fantasy so far with a ludicrous thirty six point five first percent first red share without Mike Williams in the lineup, but of course it's a tough matchup for him as well.
Speaker 4: Jets have allowed the lowest PPR points.
Speaker 7: Per target to slot receivers this year, so I'm also gonna give Keenan a B. Josh Palmer still statu is still up in the air. Limited role while he was dinged up last week, did not practice Thursday.
Speaker 4: That's always an ominous sign.
Speaker 7: You're gonna have to check to see if he ends up playing when this game goes. Quentin Johnston is a bench if Palmer plays, if he's active, But if Palmer does not play, I think that Quintin Johnson is a streamable option. Last week, Quintin Johnston five catches for sixty yards on six targets, best game so far for him, season high seventy percent of the snaps versus the Bears. So you just have to check on the Palmer status. With regards to Johnston, I'm keeping both the Chargers tight ends on the bench.
Speaker 4: Gerald Everett didn't play last week.
Speaker 3: He's ify this week.
Speaker 7: He did return to practice on Thursday, but is questionable. If he plays, you get that committee thing again with him and Donald Parum, which make both unstartable. However, if Everett does not play, I think that Donald Parum is startable. I would give Parham a seat if ever it doesn't play, because then the committee it just becomes Donald Parum. Parum four catches for forty three yards and a touchdown last week against the Bears.
Speaker 4: Fourth touchdown of the season.
Speaker 7: Fifteen of Donald Parham's nineteen catches this year have either gone for a first down or a touchdown, so they like to use him in high leverage spots.
Speaker 3: Parum's just a beast, he sure is.
Speaker 4: I loved it.
Speaker 3: Six foot skyscraper, Yeah, I mean even taller, six.
Speaker 4: To eight I think. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Huge.
Speaker 4: Last guy in the Charger is Austin Eckler. We're going to give him a bee.
Speaker 7: He has not cracked forty five rushing yards in his three games back, but last week against the Bears, Eckler had a seven catches for ninety four yards and a one touchdown receiving line to retain his fantasy value. The Jets do have a good pass defense, but they're a bad run defense. Jets allow the eighth highest explosive run rate in the NFL, and the Jets have also allowed the six most reception yards and receiving yards two opposing running backs.
Speaker 4: So I'm gonna give Eckler a bee.
Speaker 7: Move into the Jets, Garrett Wilson, you have to give him an a and this is a decent matchup. Of course, the Chargers very generous defense. Garrett Wilson forty five point seven percent first reach year this year is ludicrous. Absolutely ludapros plus number ten in deep targets in the NFL, number five in red zone targets, so you love all that usage. Buddy's only wide receiver twenty three in fantasy because of the poor passing environment that he's in. However, the Chargers have allowed the six highest PPR points per target to boundary wide receivers this year, so of course he's an A. You're gonna bench all your other Jets wide receivers. You're gonna bench the other tight ends as well. I'm keeping Zach Wilson on the bench as well. I know the Chargers have a terrible pass defense.
Speaker 3: I'm streaming Wilson in one league. Oh are you okay? Yeah?
Speaker 7: I mean desperation maybe, but that's a stinky cologne, as you know it is. Wilson has reached two hundred passing years only twice this season, so even with a favorable matchup, if you have better options, keep him on the bench.
Speaker 4: Brees Hall, however, must start.
Speaker 7: He is an a last three games, Breeshall has averaged twenty touches and one hundred and twenty six point seven total yards per game. Charges have a good run defense, but they have that bad pass defense. All the last two games averaged five point five receptions and sixty five receiving yards per game. The Bolts have allowed the fifth highest receiving yards to running backs this year. Love breeseall this week?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Brenshall seems to be just getting better with more confidence off that acl and just looked fantastic lately.
Speaker 5: Matt, Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean Dolphins in Kansas City. Who's your favorite Frankfurter in this game?
Speaker 3: What the games at Frankfurt?
Speaker 4: Well, I know, but it's your favorite Frankfurter?
Speaker 6: Are you talking like hot dogs? Are you talking like people from Frankfurt. Dieter von Flurtzen got is my favorite. I think Frankfurter. I think he'll be here next week. But this week, let's start with Raheem Mostard on the Dolphins side. There's a lot to like in this game, by the way, highest point total of the week, so I really think that there's gonna be some good stuff. But I'll talk about the offenses in a minute. Raheem Moster has been limited in practice all week with an ankle injury, although he does not have an injury designation as of now, but the Dolphins have taken some of the workload off of him in the last two weeks, specifically ten touches and thirteen touches over the last two as opposed to like the twenty ish prior to that. Jeff Wilson had seven touches last week, Salvin Achmed had six, and both of them are fully healthy. So I expect a little bit more of a timeshare than we'd like here. The Chiefs have only allowed four total touchdowns the running backs this year. That's the ninth fewest in the league, but they are allowing four point five yards per carry that's the seventh most. So with the split, I still expect Moster to do well, but I can't get him above a B right now. Tyreek Hill in a revenge game. He's never played against the Chiefs before.
Speaker 3: First time.
Speaker 6: Oh man, he gets the fantasy Ardvark right off the bat. Oh my gosh, He's gonna just try to destroy the Chiefs right now. Jalen Wattle, he gets an A two. He scored in three of the last four even in tougher matchups, He's still seeing six or more targets per game and catching almost everything. Both Jalen Watson and Legerius Sneid. They're the corner for the Chiefs. They're both positive matchups along the outside for Waddle, specifically Jalen Watson. The other Jalen.
Speaker 3: W He's really struggling lately.
Speaker 6: He's already allowed five touchdowns in his coverage this year.
Speaker 3: I like Waddle will get another one NFL.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but let's talk a little bit about these two offenses before I get to Tua and Patrick. Here, I found a bunch of fun stats from rich Reebar on this game. Miami averaging a league high forty yards per possession. Kansas City is at thirty six. That's fourth best in the league. Seventy nine percent of the time Miami has a first down, they either get another first down or they score a touchdown.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 6: The Dolphins are averaging sixteen point six place per game that gained ten or more yards. That's best in the league. Kansas City's third best at fourteen point three per game. It's going to be just high explosive totals all over the place. By the way, Russell Wilson was able to throw three touchdown passes against this defense last week, and even though the Chiefs d looks like a tough matchup.
Speaker 5: It's an A for two.
Speaker 6: I also like Mahomes as an A grade and Travis Kelce by the way, he's also an A. Kelsey has played the Dolphins three times in his career. He scored in every game against him. Isaiah Pacheco's usage has been a bit down the last couple of weeks, but I'm still giving a strong starting grade to him. Though well strong, maybe a little bit hefty. It's probably a sea yeah. Dolphins defense is clamped down on the run as of recent Over the last five weeks, the Fins are only allowing seventy nine rushing yards per game and only two point four receptions to opposing backs. They held Remandre Stevenson to fifty total yards, DeAndre Swift was held to seventy five scoreless yards, and only one back has top sixty two rushing yards against Miami since Week two. And then the wide receivers Rashie Rice has been trending in the right way with snap counts and targets, but last week it might have plateaued a little bit. Last week, he was on the field for sixty one percent of the snaps. Compare that to Marquez Valdez Gantling at fifty seven, Skymore at fifty four percent, Justin Watson ed and m coole Hardman both at thirty six percent, and Kadarius Tony at twenty percent. That's six different wide receivers on the field.
Speaker 1: I really hope that the Watson injury wasn't the only thing propelling Rice into extra playing time. So I want to believe it's just Rice is really good, and so he's earning more playing time. We'll learn a lot more this week.
Speaker 6: And so Rice has led the Chiefs wide receivers in fantasy scoring for five of the last six weeks, so he's the best of the group. I'll throw him a secret saying it's not it's like nine PPR points a lot of the time. But if you look at the fact, oh hey, there we go. If you look at the fact that it's six wide receivers getting shares of playing time, it's going to be hard to vault him above a sea. And all the rest have to be on the bench until the foreseeable future.
Speaker 1: Let's wrap up this segment with Vikings and Falcons. It's the Jared Hall era at least for one week. For Minnesota. We begin with TJ.
Speaker 3: Howkinson.
Speaker 1: It's common for young quarterbacks to use their time end is a safety valve, and I expect a lot of targets for Hockinson from Jaren Hall. Volume is important here. The six tight ends who've seen at least five targets against the Falcons average fifty three yards and they've scored all three of the touchdowns Atlanta has allowed to the position. And Hockinson is a volume guy here. I expect him to do well, but I can't go back to the typical A grade on Hockinson because of the unknowns that Jaron Hall brings, so he comes in with a B grade. Now, Jordan Addison worries me a lot more. Addison's calling card is big down field plays. Among players with at least one deep catch this year, Addison has the league's longest day dot on deep passes. My worry is that Jaren Hall's got middling arm strength and he's just not going to get those Cousins style lasers coming his way downfield. The Falcons have one particularly good cornerback, it's AJ Terrell, and he's been shadowing opponents best receiver, and that is clearly Jordan Addison.
Speaker 3: He's good, but Terrell's not in vulnerable.
Speaker 1: He has a lot of touchdowns in back to back games, including one of the deep balls to d Hop last week. So I'm still hoping Addison can pull it together here see grade on Addison, but I am more worried about him. Acres and Madison is what I really agonized over this now. Last week we told you beware of the forthcoming time share bench Madison because we saw that, we saw trouble coming here, and it played out that way. They basically alternated series last week. The Vikings are going to run more to try to protect Jaren Hall. The problem is neither of them's doing very well. We got a touchdown out of Acres last week, but that was really just because it was his series when they were alternating carries. I don't know that it means that much. Acres ranks his next Gen stats worst overall running back in the league, averaging over one yard per carry less than expected on his runs. Madison isn't much better. He's tenth worst in yards over expectation. The Falcons have not allowed a rushing touchdown all year, and they're only giving up three point eight yards per carry. Your only glimmer of hope for cam Akers and Alexander Madison is that Falcons just put two starting defensive linemen on injured reserve Lakeal London and Grady Jackson. That's sizeable losses that should give some extra opportunity to the running backs.
Speaker 3: But with them splitting.
Speaker 1: Carries, I gotta keep Akers and Madison on the bench. Let's go over to Atlanta. I want to start with the running game here, Bijon Robinson. The Vikings run defense has been very good, allowing just three yards per carry. That's it to non DeAndre Swift runners and other than swift opposing lead runners averaging just forty rushing yards and fifteen receiving yards. Bijon has only received more than fourteen carries one time this year. Tyler Algier Algier, you know by comparison his top fourteen carries four different and times. Your best hope here for Robinson is through the air. The Vikings have allowed twelve receptions for one hundred and nine yards and a score to running backs through the air in just their last two games. So if we can give half that six receptions fifty five yards half a touchdown to b Jehn Robinson. That makes him eligible for a reasonably good game through the air, and we'll put a B grade on b John Robinson. Tyler Algiers on the bench, even though he's out touched Robinson four to one inside the five, converting twice. All three of the rushing touchdowns of Vikings have given up to running backs have come within three yards, and that's Tyler algier dear territory. But overall Vikings are really good against the run. You're only starting Algier in the hopes of getting a goal line touchdown. Let's go to the passing game expected to be led by Tyler Taylor Heineke. Although they haven't come out and just flat out set it. I mean that just seems to be like the orientation they have is towards Taylor Heinike. He's on the bench. The only quarterback to that fantasy success against the Vikings are Patrick Mahomes, Jalen Hurts and Justin Herbert. Those are three of the I don't know six best quarterbacks in the league and nowhere near Tyler Taylor Heineke's level. Needless to say, Honey, keep not in that category. And no Drake London in this game, which is a massive dagger for any thoughts you might have had about streaming Taylor Heineke in this one.
Speaker 5: So no London, So who do we care about?
Speaker 1: The only guy the only receiver to talk about at this point is Kyle Pitts. With Drake London out, I think we get some extra looks for Pitts. Pitts averaging fifty nine yards per game over the last three that's good, and in that span he's also averaged a healthy seven targets per game. The only tight end to break thirty the thirty yard threshold against the Vikings, though Travis Kelce George Kittle obviously elite guys. Everybody else has been under thirty yards, so it's just mixed bag here. For Kyle Pitts, I'm giving him a Brian Johnson B grade, but if it were a Paul Charchion grade, it would be.
Speaker 3: A C grade. But out of respect for Brian, I'm giving him a beak shout out to Brian.
Speaker 6: Is a Brian Johnson B grade A B minus though no, yeah, I think it is.
Speaker 3: It's not a B.
Speaker 5: Huhta sounds like something between a B and a C.
Speaker 1: When we come back, there is nothing between a B and a C. Tell me the letter that's between B and a C and then we'll talk.
Speaker 3: Right on. Okay, so be minus take the chance on me.
Speaker 1: Nine players not normally in your starting line It will tell you who you can go to the waiver wire for when we come back.
Speaker 3: Nine players not nor in your starting lineup. It's a tough bye week.
Speaker 1: You need players to pick up off the waiver wire to start. Let's begin with some quarterbacks, Matt.
Speaker 6: I'm going to begin with my wife, who took a chance on me twenty one years ago. Thank Happy anniversary, Melissa. Oh oh yeah, she didn't do well there. I guess settled somebody who I think is going to do well but hasn't looked so good so far.
Speaker 5: Maybe that's kind of like me. Uh.
Speaker 6: Bryce Young hasn't looked very good as a number one overall draft pick this year. He's never top two hundred and forty seven yards and only has seven touchdown passes in six games.
Speaker 5: So why him?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 5: This week?
Speaker 6: He's playing the Colts, and the Colts games are averaging fifty four combined points per game, that's the second most in the NFL. Shootouts are a coming, and the Colts are allowing a league high five point three scoring plays per game. They're giving up six point five yards per passing play. That's seventh worst in the league. So score should be up and pass the yards should be plentiful. Let's call this the Bryce Young breakout game right.
Speaker 3: Here, thor you take a chance at me? Quarterback?
Speaker 4: Is Baker Mayfield playing the Texans?
Speaker 7: So Mayfield so far quarterback seventeen in Fantasy back, but he's been coming on three of the last four games. He's finished in the top twelve of fantasy quarterbacks, been startable in three or four.
Speaker 4: I think he started ball on this one as well.
Speaker 1: Some of us noted the easy schedule for Baker Mayfield in the preseason, the fact that he was going to have the two best wide receivers he'd ever had.
Speaker 4: Correct, and this is a good matchup for him. Again.
Speaker 7: The Texans have allowed the fewest passing touchdowns the NFL, I will say, but a mediocre overall pass defense. The Texans have allowed the thirteenth highest yards per attempt in the NFL.
Speaker 4: So far, I think Mayfield has another big game.
Speaker 1: A rare startable grade for Mac JONESO. So there's no Chase Young or Montes sweat on the Washington defensive line that removes ten pressures per game away from Washington. And here's a complete list of quarterbacks who have failed to score multiple.
Speaker 3: Touchdowns against the Commanders.
Speaker 1: Josh Dobbs week one, when he had been on the team for two weeks.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's it. That's it.
Speaker 3: Everybody else has scored at least twice. But Jorge mac Jones sucks.
Speaker 1: I know what you're thinking, right Well, yes he does, but so does Washington secondary. They've given up recent big fantasy games to other sucky quarterbacks like the sense benched Desmond Ritter backup Tyrod Taylor. Mac Jones startable this week. Love it, Matt.
Speaker 3: Let's go to the running back position.
Speaker 4: Who you got?
Speaker 6: Pierre Strong will take you on. Pierre Strong will take on anyone. Last week, Strong had eleven touches for eighty two yards, which included a big forty one yard reception for the Browns. And I'll talk a little bit more about the timeshare between the Browns backs and the matchup, but what I will talk about now is the matchup against the Cards and it's just ripe. The Cardinals are allowing twenty nine touches for one hundred and forty total yards and a score and a half to opposing running backs, all of which are bottom five ranks in the leagues. And with QB Browns returning from a shoulder injury again, Cleveland will likely want to take pressure off of him again and run the ball all day long. The Browns did account for thirty six running back touches last week. I expect that, if not more for the Browns this week. So that sounds like twelve thirteen touches and a good matchup for Pierre Strong QB Browns.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, So if I said, like Joseph Stalin killed ten million of his own people, starved him to death.
Speaker 3: Sure, and you say Joseph Stalin.
Speaker 1: Let's go with Dictator Russia? Okay, okay, got it, all right? No, just consistency with that, all right?
Speaker 3: Are you looking forward to a lucky Pierre on Sunday?
Speaker 5: A lucky Pierre?
Speaker 3: What's lucky Pierre Strong?
Speaker 5: Are you sure? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well I just want to verify that. Let's go to your running back.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna go with Seahawks running back Zach Charbonet against the Ravens. I think Sharboney could easily do what he did last week when he had sixty four yards on seven touches against a very good Browns defense. Charboney played a season high fifty nine percent of the snaps in that game. Reason why Kenneth Walker isn't healthy now the Seahawks. They don't have him on the practice or the injury report this week. Yeah, but they had some of that going on last week too. They've been playing really coy. Kenneth Walker only had ten touches last week. Sharbonnet getting back to him number twenty two in PFF grade among qualifying running backs so far.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's not bad.
Speaker 7: He's also number five in pass blocking grade, which you're gonna get you on the field and keep you on the field. I think sharbon is a huge breakout candidate down the stretch. If Walker is going to play in this one, but if he misses any time going forward, Sharbonnet would be an absolute smash. But I think he's streamable in this matchup against the Ravens either way.
Speaker 1: I'm giving you a two for one in my running back position. Speaking Lucky Pierre, Ramandre Stevenson and Ezekiel Elliott, both of them together who. But honestly, they both look pretty bad this year, but it's a tough bye week. I think they're startable here. The last three opposing running backs against the Commanders have either topped eighty total yards or they've scored. Zeke has scored touchdowns in two of the past three games I mentioned earlier. No Chase Young, no Montes Sweat. And by the way, Montes Sweat was a great run stuffing lineman. He ranked number three by Pro Football Focus among all defensive ends and run defense. So this is a real loss for the run defense, and Washington was already bad, ranking twenty eighth in run stuff win rate. Let's go to the wide receiver slash tight end. I think your wide receiver this week.
Speaker 5: Right, I am?
Speaker 3: I got DJ Chark wiki wiki.
Speaker 6: He will face off most often against Tony Brown, who when I looked up his photo on his thing, he has the exact facial hair of a guy fox mask that long upturned mustache in the little triangle beard. He looks quite distinguished, and he also holds the distinguished honor of giving up a perfect passer rating in his coverage last week. He allowed just last week seven catches on seven targets for one hundred and eighty seven yards in a touchdown.
Speaker 3: In one game.
Speaker 5: In one game.
Speaker 3: What's this guy's name again, Tony Brown, Tony Brown. That's really really bad.
Speaker 5: Fire up some DJ shark.
Speaker 1: All right, DJ Shark, all right, let's go to thor. You take a chance with your receiver.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna go with Darnell Mooney against the Saints. Mooney is Tyson Beagent's aired ELK guy. With Beagent under center, Mooney has twenty eight point five percent air yard share for the Bears. The Saints this year have allowed the fourth most receiving yards to opposing slot receivers. I think this could be a sneaky solid game for Darnell Mooney.
Speaker 1: Elijah Moore goes up against Arizona. Arizona's got the worst set of cornerbacks in the league. The trade for Donovan Peoples Jones frees up at least a handful of targets, some of which are going to go to Elijah Moore, who runs almost entirely from the slot, where he'll line up against rookie cornerback Garrett Williams, who has seen six NFL passes in his coverage in his life. Advantage Elijah Moore. Cardinals have allowed the most Fantasy points to opposing slot receivers like Elijah Moore. Let's go back to the matchups, Thore, you just mentioned Darnell Mooney. Who else do you like from this passing game against the Saints, And the correct answer might be nobody, although I'm sure you gotta start a great on Dj Moore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, at least him. We'll start out with Tyson Bagent.
Speaker 7: The aforementioned Tyson Beaijent only number twenty four right now in Fantasy points per dropback, but I will say number five and adjust a completion percentage. Yeah, pretty impressive for the UDFA coming out, But this is a very tough matchup, which is why I can't advocate anyone starting Tyson Beagent this week. Saints pass defense has allowed the lowest passer rating in the entire NFL, so I keep Beaijing on the bench.
Speaker 4: Dj Moore, I'll give him a C.
Speaker 7: I can't go higher than that because of the matchup. But Moore has been a target hond for Beijing thirty one point eight percent first read share playing with Tyson Baigent. But of course the Saints have Marshawn Latimore. They have Paulson Adebo. Very tough matchup. The Saints have allowed the lowest receiving yards per game to perimeter wide receivers, so we had to downgrade DJ More a little bit. Darnel Moodey of Courses might take a chance wide receiver. The one place you can get the Saints is in the sat at the exactly right moony likes.
Speaker 1: Remember Kristen Kirk a couple of weeks ago, right exactly Ridley got nothing and they just pounded the ball inside to Christian Kirk.
Speaker 7: It's the one way you can beat them. Yeah, you stay away from those boundary cornerbacks. Cole Commett, I'll give him a ceed this week. He was awesome last week ten for ten on receiving targets against the Chargers for seventy nine yards. Kamett has a sterling eighteen point two percent first read share playing with Tyson Beayjent, but this is not a good matchup for him either. Saints are very good against tight ends, not only this year, but going back years and years and years. The Saints have allowed the second lowest yards per game to opposing tight ends this year. Then we have our Bears running back. I don't know how much I want of this. Deontay Foreman and Rowshawn Johnson would normally be a bench unless you're desperate, in which case you could bump them up to a CE. But we got a three man committee, the dreaded three man committee. Darrington Evans is also involved, especially in the passing game. Foreman played a season i fifty nine percent of snaps. Johnson had nine touches. But neither of those two guys ranks in the top thirty of the NFL in yards after contact per attempt, even though they're both purported strong tackle breakers, et cetera among sixty five qualifiers, and the Saints run defense allows the six lowest fantasy points per game to opposing running backs. So if you have any better options at all, keep both those guys a fixed to your bench. Moving over to the Saints, I like this matchup obviously quite a bit more for the Saints.
Speaker 4: Derek Carr.
Speaker 7: I'm giving an A grade this He is number eleven.
Speaker 1: He wasn't your take a chance in me quarterback? With an A grade. I'm a little bit.
Speaker 5: Deeper than that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did go a little bit deeper.
Speaker 7: Car's been number eleven in fantasy points per game among quarterbacks this year last three games, number two in passing yards per game for mister Carr, and this is an awesome matchup. To keep the good times rolling, the Bears have cop copped up the second most passing touchdowns in the NFL this year. That's why I also think we're gonna get our breakthrough game from Chris o'lavey this week.
Speaker 3: See, I'm worried about a matching up with Jalen Johnson.
Speaker 1: Jalen Johnson's great, and I'm worried he's just gonna shadow Olava.
Speaker 7: I think he's gonna be on Michael Thomas a bit more, which we'll get to in one second.
Speaker 4: Okay, so Olave, we're giving the A two.
Speaker 7: He is a disappointing wide receiver thirty three and fantasy points per game, but remains number one in deep targets in the NFL. He's also top twenty in red zone targets. So you're you're close to a breakthrough there. I think he gets it here. Olave eats up zone coverage. Bears super duper zone coverage, heavy secondary. Olave's air yard share versus zone coverage are ridiculous forty two point six percent. We give him an a charge, our boy, Rashid Shahed, I'm giving him up.
Speaker 5: Last week was great.
Speaker 4: I'm giving him a be this week.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 7: The Saints use his wheels to get him running against zone to try to push those safeties back and get him into one on one coverage with safeties in the deep sector of the field.
Speaker 4: As I just.
Speaker 7: Mentioned, the Bears run a ton of zone coverage. Yeah, they also struggle against the deep ball. So we got two checks here for the Rashid Shaheed checklist.
Speaker 4: Shahi does a.
Speaker 7: Twenty five point two percent air yard share versus his own coverage this year, and he's gonna spend most of the afternoon matched up against Kyler Gordon, who is allowed in eighty five point seven percent catch rate. This they take it, this is a smash matchup for mister Shahid. Michael Thomas, I'm giving him a bench s grade, okay, because I expect him to spend most of his day matchup against Johnson to the point before I think the Bears are going to try to stick him on Thomas.
Speaker 4: Jalen Johnson thirty seven point three passer rating.
Speaker 3: Allowed this year. What a great depress.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's been great, and he's shaken the injury concerns that we had, and he was coming out of Utah the reason that he fell down to the second round.
Speaker 4: But that kid's been fabulous whenever he's been on the field.
Speaker 7: Going back to college, Thomas's usage drops against zone team so it's sort of the opposite matchup for him as the other two Saints wide receivers because the Saints typically get more aggressive against zone coverage. Thomas has a fourteen point eight percent target share versus zone, way down from the man stuff. And of course I think he's gonna get a percentage of snaps against Johnson, So I'm gonna keep Michael Thomas on the bench. Taysom Hill at tight end, we have to give him an a. He has become a weekly must start. Yeah, since Week set in a Taysom Hill averaging nine touches for sixty five total yards and sixteen yards passing per game.
Speaker 4: Since Week six.
Speaker 7: During that span, he's tight end two in Fantasy, behind only Travis Kelcey.
Speaker 6: This is stupid, It is done. What a dumb game we play here? Good lord?
Speaker 7: The Bears are an average matchup for him. Though, but you know, the middle of the road aginst opposing tight ends, but Hills, Swiss Army usage and the heavy usage that he gets in that role demands starting at this point in fantasy every single week Elvin Kamara, same thing for him.
Speaker 4: He's getting an a.
Speaker 7: Alvin Kamara leads all running backs in the NFL in targets despite only playing five games.
Speaker 3: How about that. That's a ridiculous stat.
Speaker 7: He is also number one in the NFL in expected fantasy points per game, so that's that's ridiculous as well. The Bears do have a good run defense and should contain Kamara on the ground, but I expect Kamara to shred them through the air. The Bears have given up the most receiving yards to opposing running backs in the NFL this year. I mentioned that the Bears run a lot of zone coverage. Kamara against zone coverage twenty seven percent target share and two yards per route run. He eats up zone coverage, he finds the soft spots, then he gets into space and now you got a corralum becomes an issue.
Speaker 4: Love Kamara's matchup this week.
Speaker 1: All right, let's let's take a break. When we come back, Cardinals taking on the Browns. Is there any Cardinals to like? Is there anybody that you want to start from the Deshaun Watson led Cleveland Browns.
Speaker 6: Oh man, you're gonna have to wait till after the break to find out.
Speaker 3: Wait till after the break.
Speaker 1: And I don't think it's necessarily an upgrade with Deshaun Watson over PJ.
Speaker 3: Walker.
Speaker 1: Who exactly We'll find out when we come back. Fantasy Football Weekly. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly. New leagues starting every day Guillotine leagues dot com. Well not Sunday this week because we've got that early Frankfurt game.
Speaker 5: I'm so upset.
Speaker 1: I don't know who benefits from a kickoff that is at six in the more morning Pacific time.
Speaker 5: I'm not upset about that.
Speaker 6: I'm upset that I lost in my Guillotine league because of Jacoby Myers last week.
Speaker 3: Oh, you weren't alone.
Speaker 5: I needed two catches for thirty five yards.
Speaker 7: Oh for me, it was DeVante Adam. He got me, asked Jimmy.
Speaker 4: Cap over throw it overthrow?
Speaker 3: Come on, yeah, brutal. Yeah, you weren't the only and you went into the Monday night and you're just like, oh, I need is.
Speaker 1: Two but two catches five points. Cardinals taking on the Browns. We have a change of quarterback for the Arizona Cardinals.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Church, But I'd like to start with a personal question for you.
Speaker 5: Oh are you suffering from ed Why?
Speaker 3: Yes, I am.
Speaker 6: That's Amari de Marcato, who did not practice this week with a toe injury. The Cardinals just signed Tony Jones off the practice squad. It's gonna be Keyante Ingram and Tony Jones this week going against the best run defense in the league. Let's just leave all the Cardinals runners on the bench this week. Jonathan Taylor is the only one to top seventy rushing yards against the Browns this year.
Speaker 3: And let's note I believe James Connor back next week.
Speaker 5: I think that's correct.
Speaker 6: Clayton Tune, by the way you mentioned, takes over for the trade of Josh Dobbs this week, So tune in for his first career start, maybe his last career started with.
Speaker 1: What this kid in a position for his first start is against the Browns.
Speaker 6: And is basically his last start too, with Kyler Murray coming back next week. See the Browns have allowed multiple scores to three of the last four quarterbacks they faced, but all of them have a lot more experience than Tune, and the Browns have only allowed one quarterback to top the two hundred and fifty five yard mark this season, with four opposing quarterbacks held under two hundred yards Toon is on the bench. But I'll throw a C grade on Marquise Brown. By the way, Michael Wilson hasn't practice with a shoulder injury, which could funnel more targets his way. Plus it's possible that Clayton Tune won't be able to progress through several reads and it's just going to be a first look chuck for him, which is likely Marquise Brown or Trey McBride. By the way, Brown has seen nine or more targets in five the last seven games. He's gonna face off against Denzel Ward most often. He's allowed three touchdowns in his coverage this year. The Cardinals score a touchdown a week, that's probably all they're gonna get, and it's probably gonna be Marquise Brown.
Speaker 5: By the way.
Speaker 6: Trey McBride, he saw fourteen targets its last week, caught ten of them for ninety five yards in a score, and that was Scott Fish's premature speculation that week, By the way, a peacock for the Fish. The Browns have been the best tight end defense in the league this year, though, allowing two catches for nineteen yards per game to the position. I'm gonna see, Yeah, it's bad, amazing. I'm going to give him a C grade here. Just on the volume side. The patent did Scott fish volume see, but it's definitely a grade of C minus a lot of confidence in the matchup.
Speaker 3: See what I did there, very nicely done. How about the Cleveland side.
Speaker 6: Jerome Ford still limited with an ankle. He did play last week but only saw ten touches against Seattle was almost an equal three way snap split between four who had twenty three, Hunt who had twenty seven snaps, and Pierre Strong who might take a chance on me he had twenty four snaps. Frankly, it was kind of trending that way in Week eight as well. I expect this to be nearly a three way split again, which is why Pierre Strong was might take a chance on me Runner and I outlined the matchup. It's so strong that even with the three way split, all three of these guys get C grades.
Speaker 5: QB.
Speaker 6: Brown's taking over for PJ. Walker this week. He came back a little bit too early on that shoulder injury. In Week seven, he threw five horrible passes and then was yanked for PJ.
Speaker 5: Walker.
Speaker 6: Now, he missed Week eight and was limited all week in practice, but they named him the starter against Arizona. If you're starting him, I think you're playing with fire. The matchup is good. But he hasn't started and finished a game since Week three. And when he did start in finish games, he was averaging He was averaging two hundred twenty six yards and one score per game. That's Desmond Ritter's numbers almost exactly. And Desmond Ridders on the bench now, and.
Speaker 1: You're not getting the rushing numbers that some foolhardy people thought you were gonna get out of Uh.
Speaker 6: He did average like twenty rushing yards per game and he scored once in those three games. So there's a little bit of rushing upside, but it's it's Desmond Ridder rushing upside, right.
Speaker 3: That's a great analogy.
Speaker 6: Elijah Moore was charged to take a chance on me wide receiver and Amari Cooper. According to Pro Football Focus, Amari Cooper will face off most often against Marco Polo.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, I mean Marco Wilson, allowing the most yards and most receptions in the NFL.
Speaker 6: I have in a passer rating of one thirty three. So Mark Cooper gets a B grade even with QB. Brown says, hey grade, No, it's it's just a B grade. His shoulder could fall off mid game, and then it's PJ. Walker again, and PJ Walker.
Speaker 3: Isn't that Walker might be an upgrade?
Speaker 6: Maybe all right, No, I'm sticking with the B. I'm sticking with the B. More gets a C. By the way, I'm not starting another Browns wide receiver yet, but I do have one that I'll give you as a stash in premature speculation. David and Joku. By the way, he didn't practice Wednesday. He did practice Thursday on a limited basis. He's got an ankle issue. The Cardinals have been surprisingly good against the tight end with the injury. I don't think i'd start in Joku this week.
Speaker 1: But you weren't kidding that you were going to challenge the clock on that one Washington Commander's taking on the Patriots. I want to start with the running game here. Brian Robinson is just not startable New England, giving up only three point four yards per carry this season. That's the second lowest rate and ranks third best in run defense by Pro Football Focus, seventh best in ESPN's run stuff win rate. It's a brutal matchup and he's been terrible, and he hasn't had more than ten carries since Week four. His own team doesn't trust him. Washington runs the ball at the lowest rate.
Speaker 3: In the NFL.
Speaker 1: Robinson's on the bench, and honestly, why not just drop him?
Speaker 3: Let's go by the time.
Speaker 6: I would wait until next week, so it could be a little bit of a sabotage drop so you can maybe suck some fab out of your league.
Speaker 1: Could wait till Tuesday. Yeahp on Monday, Tuesday morning, something like that. Maybe that's it, all right. Terry McLaurin comes in with an A grade mcclaury chance to explode this week against cornerback JC Jackson, ranked his Pro Football Focuses second worst cornerback in the league. Jackson's been targeted nineteen times the last two.
Speaker 5: Weeks, nineteen times, and in those.
Speaker 1: Nineteen times, he's given up three touchdowns and one hundred and fifty five yards, so we'll try.
Speaker 3: We'll give an eight to Terry McLaurin, and I like some of the other receivers here too. Let me mention Curtis.
Speaker 1: Samuel has been ruled out on Friday with his toe injury. So that means Jamison Crowder who showed up mid game last week and all I did was put up seven receptions ninety five yards and a touchdown in one half of work.
Speaker 6: Did he forget to like set his alarm and showed up midgame? Oh no, to the stage up to the stadium midgame. Yes, so they're gonna rest Samuel here. Promising matchup versus slot cornerback Miles Bryant, who's allowing a massive eighty six percent completion percentage and opposer passer rating of one hundred and twenty five in his coverage, Jamison Crowder clocks in with a seat nice sneaky start in a bye week. John Dotson finally broke out last week after everybody, including me, had given up on him and I was the staunchest preseason supporter. I like him this week because the matchup and the nagging toe injury for Samuel, He's likely to get some more of JC Jackson too.
Speaker 3: Like McLaurin, it's a smash spot.
Speaker 1: And the other cornerback opposite Jac Jackson, Jack Jones, good last year, not good this year. Through two games played this year, Jones allowing a one hundred and fifty six passer rating. So Dotson startable here and also Logan Thomas by the way, C grade for Dotson, Logan Thomas with a B grade. Patriot's been vulnerable to big games from opposing tight ends, with three of them finishing over seventy five yards. All three tight ends with more than five targets against the Patriots have topped seventy five yards, and Thomas is averaging seven targets, so he should be in that seventy five yard range. I like him here, B grade for him. And then Sam Howell sacked just one time last week week against Philly, down from his average.
Speaker 3: There we go, down from his average of six sacks per game.
Speaker 5: Howel con Troy and I don't know why that howl cracks me up.
Speaker 3: I like this because I love Sam Howell.
Speaker 1: Uh, since the Patriots lost their star rusher Matthew that's a it gets so high.
Speaker 3: It's a bad that's like some kind of deceased wolf.
Speaker 5: I need we need it.
Speaker 3: We need a better howl sounds.
Speaker 5: It sounds like it's in distress. It does.
Speaker 3: I think it's in a trapper.
Speaker 5: No, I like that Robbie keeps finding us new howls.
Speaker 6: I'm no, No, I want them to be bad because the Washington commanders are bad. Robbie, find the worst howls you can and just surprise us every week with a new horrible howl as.
Speaker 3: I screen dances with a horrible hour. Uh anyway, where am I going? Oh?
Speaker 1: Since the Patriots lost Judon and defensive Rookie the Year candidate Christian Zalez, they're giving up two hundred and sixty yards two scores per game. That feels right for Sam Howeled Here. New England ranks twenty eighth in coverage by Pro Football Focus. All right, it's a lot simpler for New England. We already gave out Mac Jones. This might take a chance on me quarterback. We gave out Ramondre Stevenson and Ezekiel Elliotts. Might take a chance on me runners. How about new starting wide receiver to Mario Douglas thor I'm looking at you maybe Kendrick Bourne's on ir. Devonte Parker is in the concussion protocol. Sixth round rookie to Mario Douglas is your new wide receiver one in New England, and he leads all the Patriots receivers and targets, receptions and a dot this year Washington. Of the available receivers, Washington allows the third most wide receiver yards. They allow the most wide receiver touchdowns. They've given up eighteen touchdowns to wide receivers already.
Speaker 3: That is insane.
Speaker 1: Emmanuel Forbes has been a huge bust, yes Washington. He's got a small frame Douglas has. He's not physical, but he plays bigger than his size would suggest, and he's got legit burst and some elusiveness to Mario Douglas coming in with a C grade. And lastly Hunter Henry. The loss of Bourne and Parker, who I mentioned, frees up ten targets and almost certainly some of those are going to go to Henry. The Commanders have allowed four tight end touchdowns in the last four games, including a massive game to Darren Waller two weeks ago. I think if you're really in a pinch, you could even go to Mike Kiseki or if Hunter Henry has a late downgrade in injury status, then you could consider Kiseki as well. With only two minutes, guys, I don't think we want to jump into the next matchup. I don't think we can get through it here. So there's too many good players with Dallas and Philadelphia, So why don't we take a pause on that one. I want to go to the Thursday night game. Will Levis. What are your short term thoughts. They haven't named him the starter for next week yet, but they will. What are your short term thoughts on him for this year and your long term thoughts of Will Levis and Dynasty base what you've seen through two games.
Speaker 4: I think he's a stash.
Speaker 7: He's certainly going to be their quarterback of the future. The one thing that I'm interested to see is Levis really struggle with pressure in college, and he was struggling with pressure against the Steelers. I was wanting the Steelers to send a little bit more heat on him. That's where you start to see the mistakes from him and putting the ball and you know, up for grab stuff like that. The Steelers had a couple dropped interceptions in that game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the accuracy remains a bit of an issue, yep, not for him, And even some of them he's completing, some receivers are having to contort themselves to get.
Speaker 4: The ball because of the mechanics.
Speaker 7: He's never been able to set his lower half and even in clean pockets, he'll be super nonchalant with it. And that's where you see the worm burners in front of the receivers.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the aeron c and stuff like that. He's got to do a better job with that. Obviously, Titans coaches are working on him with it.
Speaker 6: I do like Levis a lot more when he is being chalant, But salt yeah worth noting. By the way, started against Atlanta in his first game last week, Atlanta's pretty good defense. Threw for four touchdowns in that game. When was the last time a Titans quarterback through for four touchdowns in a game. It seems like McNair maybe it was only the.
Speaker 1: Second quarterback in his debut to throw for four touchdowns since nineteen seventy.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know that's leather helmet era. Practically, you know what, We're going way back.
Speaker 6: So, by the way, Falcons getting two straight weeks of quarterbacks in their first career start. Maybe Jaron All goes for four touchout.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't that be something?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 3: You know it's all about the Falcons.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that ends up happening here when we come back three tough questions, you can play along see if you can go three and oher with our panel of experts. Also, you can join a fresh new Guante league. You know how the format works, No head to head play. Instead, every week the low scoring team gets cut and all their players go to the waiver wire where the rest of us build super star rosters to battle each other. All you have to do is not finish last, and the last team standing wins the whole thing.
Speaker 5: Can you see my tears over here? It does hurt. I had a monster team too, Really, how much fab did you have? Like five to seventy left? I was sitting pretty.
Speaker 3: You were in a really good spun.
Speaker 5: Needed Jacobe Myers to show up, and he had and he had.
Speaker 1: Been so good this year too, and the matchup was pretty favorable. I know, Jimmy garoppolo killing killing fantasy owners, and it's not the last. Never forgive Jimmy g all right back for hour number two in moments Welcome back our number two Fantasy Football Weekly, Paul Charchi and Matt Harrison and Thor Nystrom with you.
Speaker 3: You can follow us on Twitter.
Speaker 1: I am at Paul Charchion, Matt is at Explosive Output, and thor.
Speaker 3: At at thor K. You rock Chalk, jay Hawk, jay hawk got it. This is a game we call three tough questions.
Speaker 8: Tough question number one?
Speaker 5: Should I just.
Speaker 1: Drop every single Panther who isn't Adam Thielen Matt.
Speaker 6: I highlighted Bryce Young and DJ shark As might take a chance on many players, but that's about where they should be. Guys you would pick up in bye weeks and advantageous matchups. The only other guy you'd consider is my Sanders, but he'd look horrible over the last few weeks, basically given his job away to Chewba Hubbard. The Panthers are usually on negative game scripts and now it's a split. It best for these runners, so they're off rosters in most cases. So drop all your Panthers except dealing all right?
Speaker 3: Thor should I drop all my Panthers other than Adam Feeling?
Speaker 4: I'll keep my comment short. In standard leagues, yes.
Speaker 1: That's very short. Mostly I think we're really just talking about the two running backs, Hubbard Sanders. Correct now, Hubbard was officially named the starter this week. Sanders only got two carries last week, Sanders averaging three yards per carry thirty three yards per game.
Speaker 3: That's a total disaster.
Speaker 1: Hubbard hasn't looked really much better three point nine yards per carry. Offensive line is a major problem, ranking thirty first in run block win rate. They're not going to get much better. This week is the last positive matchup for the entire year for the running game for the Panthers, Indianapolis. If you're not starting Chewba Hubbard this week, HM drop everybody except Adam feeling tough.
Speaker 8: Question number two, The firing of.
Speaker 1: Josh McDaniels and the subsequent switch to quarterback Aid and O'Donnell will spark. How much more fantasy production for the DeVante Adams? Is it none? Some or a lot? Let's go to thor.
Speaker 7: Speaking of tears, I still can't believe I got cut in that I.
Speaker 4: Only needed one even one catch for stupid got me there?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so tick to watching that game. Yeah, my answer to this question is a lot. I believe he will be fed and one piece of context that I would give for people out there. Aidan O'Connell, who coming in pure pocket passer coming out of Purdue, played for Jeff Brohm, who is a former NFL quarterback, different stuff like that. In that system, they force fed wide receiver ones Rondelle Moore before David Bell. Those guys got an enormous share of the usage. Aidan O'Connell knows where his bread is buttered. He is going to be getting the ball to Davante Adams. I believe Davante Adam will be a wide receiver one for the rest of the Seasonince.
Speaker 1: You're saying a lot, a lot, Okay, Matt, the firing of Josh McDaniels and the subsequent switch to quarterback Aiden O'Connor will spark how much more fantasy production for Devonte Adams None.
Speaker 3: Some or a lot.
Speaker 6: O'Connell did start once this season in Week four. He targeted Adams a ton in that game thirteen times in that game eight catches seventy five yards. By the way, you only targeted Jacoby Myers four times in that game. O'Connell is a one read guy at this stage in his career. He's just going to be staring down Adams a ton. He can't be worse what what Jimmy g looked like over the past few weeks. I do think it'll be some improvement, but I'm a little worried about.
Speaker 5: The accuracy of his throws. Right now, I.
Speaker 1: Am new head coach Antonio Pierce the Raiders. I'm looking around. The guy who hired me, Josh McDaniels, is now gone. The offensive coordinator that I used to work with also fired. Why because they didn't get the ball to DeVonta Adams. I think I'm gonna get the ball to Devonte Adams. At DeVonta Adams level of ability, the squeaky wheel almost always gets greased because if you're a terrible player, you can squeak all you want, doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna get greased.
Speaker 1: Squeak away, that's right, the squeaky wheel's gonna get greased here. O'conno's passing can't really even be worse than Garoppolos was right, and O'Connell didn't look great in his one start, but it was mostly fumbled three times.
Speaker 3: It wasn't even so much the passing.
Speaker 1: It was he was given the ball away on the ground only a couple of tricky matchups left on the schedule for Devonte Adams. They get the Jets once and then they get Kansas City twice. Kansas City's a middle of the road pass defense, but actually Adams lit them up last year, so tonight it's really just the Jets game as a tricky spot. I think we're buying low on DeVonta Adams. Who's gonna get a lot better?
Speaker 8: Tough question number three.
Speaker 1: In a typical redraft league? Can I just drop Green Bay wide receiver Christian Watson?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 5: Aha charge?
Speaker 6: I knew this was a sneaky Joy and Love question, but you did a Jordan Love three.
Speaker 5: Tough question a few weeks back.
Speaker 6: I did, Yes, Jordan Love looks terrible and at five of his last seven games he's had under sixty percent completion percentage.
Speaker 5: That's not good for wide receivers.
Speaker 6: By the way, the Packers have a positive matchup against the pass this week against the Rams and another one in two weeks against the Chargers, but after that, it's a bunch of above average to good pass defenses they're facing from here on out. Yeah, Christian Watson can be dropped, and really, frankly, I think every part of the Packers passing game can be dropped right now.
Speaker 1: Oh that's pretty strong words, all right, Thor? In typical redraft leagues, can I just drop Green Bay wide receiver Christian Watson?
Speaker 7: Now for me, I would actually think he's a by low if your your league's trade deadline hasn't gone past yet. Watson wide receiver forty seven and fantasy points per route run, but in expected fantasy points per route run, he's wide receiver twenty.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, Jordan Love's not getting.
Speaker 6: Him to expect it, you know what, Thor, we expected some fantasy points last week in our guillotine matchups and we didn't get those either.
Speaker 1: I should not interrupt. I try not. I'm sorry I did that, though. I like to let you guys answer any sort questions.
Speaker 3: So you have well, I.
Speaker 7: Think you also have to give then, not only the Jordan Love thing, but obviously Watson started out this season with the hamstring injury, so there's been a tough acclamation. He's of course underperforming his usage so far, I believe, and maybe I'm just crossing my fingers because I have some ownership shares of him that that will improve going forward.
Speaker 1: He's a long bomb guy trying to catch passes from the quarterback with the worst passer rating on deep passes.
Speaker 5: That's good.
Speaker 1: Love is completing just twenty five percent of his deep passes, a percentage that's so bad he ranks thirty second in the league on deep balls well, heaving a league worst four picks on those throws. Watson might be a good player, but Love's not gonna unlock it unless he gets way better. Now that said, so that's redrafts. The answer is yes, go ahead and drop them in dynasty. I think ahead to twenty twenty four. The Packers are powering to the top four to five pick in the NFL draft.
Speaker 3: That's going to be a quarterback.
Speaker 4: It could be what definitely, you know.
Speaker 1: Because I don't think they're going to run this thing back with Jordan Love if it stays anything close to what it is right.
Speaker 7: Now, you're in Mayor Caleb Williams, Drake Mayor Caleb Williams territory.
Speaker 1: You are right, So okay, Now, Christian Watson gets a lot more interesting with the qualified quarterback. He's sure what I'm buying in dynasty leagues for next year, and both those guys can throw deep by the way Hell gall.
Speaker 6: And Aaron Rodgers just sitting there laughing, pointing with one foot.
Speaker 1: Dallas Cowboys taking on the Philadelphia Eagles. Let's start in the Dallas Cowboys side. CD Lamb coming off a crazy game, I assume he's an obvious A this week.
Speaker 7: He of course says, and Dak Prescott I'm also going to give him an A as well.
Speaker 4: In addition to Ceedee Lamb.
Speaker 7: Last four games for DAK number two in passing grade in the NFL, last two games quarterback one and quarterback three in Fantasy. The Eagles allow the ninth highest yards per game in the seventh most passing touchdowns, so I feel like this is pretty good matchup for Dak as well. Keep the other Dallas wide receivers on your bench. I do give a B grade to Jake Ferguson. He is one of Dak's favorite toys in the red zone. Ferguson ranks number two in red zone targets among tight ends in the NFL.
Speaker 4: This is an average matchup. I would say.
Speaker 7: Philly ranks sixteenth in Fantasy points per game allowed to opposing tight ends. Tony Pollard rounding out with him can only give him a grade C here Pollard is running back sixteen in Fantasy so far this year. Despite being number two in red zone touches in the entire NFL, He's sake to number forty seven in yards after contact per attempt. Was not expecting that coming into the year. This is also a brutal matchup. The Eagles are number four and stuff rate in the NFL. Moving over to the Eagles side, Jalen Hurts, AJ Brown, Dallas Goddard obvious must start weekly.
Speaker 4: DeVonta Smith I'm going to give him a grade B.
Speaker 7: He is wide receiver twenty nine to AJ Brown's wide receiver two in fantasy, but DeVonta leads the team in play action target rate with twenty five point three percent, and Dallas is very bad at defending play action passes their bottom eight and play action yards per attempt allout and passing touchdowns allowed the last one. DeAndre Swift I'm gonna give him an A in this matchup as well. He's averaging twenty point five touches and one hundred point four total yards since Week two, number seven among all running backs in the NFL in targets. This is a solid matchup for him as well. Dallas has a middle of the road run defense. They give up some catches as well to the running backs smash spot for most of the Eagles, the key guys on offense.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: Let's uh, by the way, let's just mention what aj Brown has done the last crazy weeks.
Speaker 3: I mean it is crazy nuts. When your bad game is one hundred and thirty one yards, it's it's this. This span is almost unprecedented. Ludacris, absolutely ludicrous.
Speaker 1: Yep, Matt in Dapolis Colts Carolina Panthers. You've already alluded to this a couple of different ways. This game could have.
Speaker 3: Some sneaky points in it. Yeah, Cuz Panthers doesn't sound like a thriller.
Speaker 5: It might be, it could be.
Speaker 6: Let's start with the running backs on the Colt side. That's Jonathan Taylor and Zach Moss. They're facing a Panthers defense that's bad. They've allowed five point one yards per carry on the year and one hundred and fifty four combo yards to opposing backs, and they've given up the most running back touchdowns in the league this year, at almost two per game. Zach Moss randomly missed Friday's practice this week, but he's had some maintenance days and some lingering elbow and hip injuries, but I expect him to go with that.
Speaker 5: Taylor gets the A.
Speaker 6: I think he gets a little bit more than half of the touches, and Moss gets a B grade as long as he's active in this one. Nobody really passes on the Panthers though. They're kind of like the Texans last year, so easy to run against that no one bothers throwing the ball. They're only seeing twenty seven pass attempts per game. That's the lowest in the league. I'll give Minshew a C grade this week, but he's definitely suffering from low C. Speaking of the Texan CJ Stroud, who's a heavy passer, only managed sixteen completions on twenty four attempts last week for only one hundred and forty yards. That's just the effect running it so much. Minshew does like to chuck the ball a lot, though this doesn't seem like the matchup. I'm guessing he throws the ball around twenty five times in this game, which is about two thirds of his normal volume, hence the C grade. Michael Pittman and Josh Downs have become his favorite receivers Downs dinged up and it looks like a game time decision, But he usually travels from the slot, where he'll face Panther's best cornerback, Troy Hill, who's only allowing a passer rating of fifty six in his coverage. So either way, I'm keeping downs on the bench, and if Minshew throws twenty five times, at least ten of them are going to Pittman in four of six. In four of Minshew's six nearly full games, Pittman's seen at least eleven targets in those games, and he scored or top to one hundred yards in each of the last three weeks. So he gets a B grade because he's the focal point. Speaking of focal points, Adam Thielan is a lot like Michael Pittman. I'll rocket theel him up up to a A grade here. He's had at least fifteen PPR points in six straight games, including at least seventy receiving yards in five straight. The Colts are allowing the six the most receiving yards to opposing wide receivers, and Thieland travels mostly from the slot. Last week, this Colts team played Rashid Shahed, who travels mostly from the slot. By the way, three catches one hundred and fifty three yards in a score for Shaheed last week. Yeah, that's why Bryce young was might take a chance on me quarterback, and dj Chuk might take a chance on me wide receiver. And then finally it's Chewba Hubbard and Miles Sanders and it's it's bad. The snap count was in favor of Hubbard last week forty to twelve. Sanders ran twice last week for zero point zero yards. Finally off the injury report and practice in full all week. I'll give Hubbard the C grade. I think it's it's a good matchup. I expect it to be at this Yeah, the Colts are allowing one hundred and thirty two conbo yards and a touchdown and a half to opposing backs this year. If it was one back, if we knew it was just gonna be Hubbard, for sure, it's probably a B grade. Yeah, but I still think it's a sixty to forty split.
Speaker 5: And Miles Sanders is involved in this.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try to zip through rams Ackers pretty quickly here into this segment. We don't know if Matthew Stafford's going to go. They told us that he wasn't going to practice all week, and that was the case. He's a game time decision. So what I'm really doing is copping out on the grade I'm giving to Cooper Cup and Puka Nukua. I'm gonna upgrade them both to a's if Matthew Stafford plays, and I'm downgrading him to seize if it's Brett Rippons. So by giving them a B I'm really covering my bases here for Cup.
Speaker 5: So what great is this?
Speaker 3: Well, I be grades right now. That's what I'm going with. For Cup.
Speaker 1: It's back to back down games, but he's still getting plenty of usage. Cup's got a terrific matchup against Keishawn Nixon, who's allowed over eighty percent of his targets to be caught. Now, Nuka Nuka, Sorry, I've done this twice.
Speaker 6: He's gonna Nuka your fantasy team.
Speaker 1: And Kola benefits immediately by that Rasul Douglass trade, which by the way, just ripping the heart out of that secondary, and the remaining guys in the secondary are like what just happened? Anyway, he was the Packers' best coverage cornerback and the struggling j R. Alexander's allowed an eight one percent pass completion rate in his coverage and a passer rating of one hundred and fifty four.
Speaker 5: This is almost perfect.
Speaker 3: It is almost perfect. This Pro football focus is number one cornerback last year and he's getting roasted this year. All right.
Speaker 1: The only other guys to talk about, obviously, if Stafford goes, I'm gonna give him a C grade, But just beware that. You know, he this thumb injuries on his passing hand. He could reinjure it, or maybe that limits the volume that's gonna go here, or what if he starts the game but he throws errant early in with the thumb and they just ben him. So, I mean, there's a lot of danger with Stafford. So I'm only giving him the SEA grade in what would otherwise be a very juicy matchup and the only run for the running game Royce Freeman Darryl Henderson with Stafford ailing they're gonna run more. It's an almost even split between these guys. The though Freeman's looked a little bit better. He's averaging about a yard and a half more per carry.
Speaker 5: He must have dropped the pano.
Speaker 3: He you know what, it's not. I'm changing his name. He is now Royce.
Speaker 1: Dropped the organ Freeman because I think he doesn't look like he's carrying a full baby grand anymore.
Speaker 5: An organ is smaller rop the organ it is.
Speaker 3: The organ is smaller than a piano.
Speaker 5: Okay, look a jazz organ out that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Green baysed keyboard seven in rushing yards and rushing touchdowns allowed on the green Bay side.
Speaker 3: There's not much to like here. AJ Let's start with Aaron Jones.
Speaker 1: Head coach Matt Lafleur says that Jones is ready to be cut loose.
Speaker 3: That's quote.
Speaker 1: I'm tempted to believe him, because Jones. The only good thing happening is entire offense. The Rams are good, but not great run defense if they are elite versus running back receptions, which is normally something we like out of Jones, I can only get him to a C grade, But I am giving him the C grade here. Everybody else is on the bench. You could consider loose Luke Musk grade.
Speaker 5: With loose Mutton.
Speaker 3: You almost did it again. Dang it. Loose Mutton.
Speaker 1: Zero touchdowns so far, averaging just twenty eight yards per game, but the Rams have allowed the second most receiving yards and tight ends, so you could give him a try if you want to. Everybody else I got to put on the bench. We already talked about Chris and Watson and why we're not starting him earlier in the show. And Romeo Dobbs has got these a handful of touchdowns that have masked otherwise very very little production. I can't think that those touchdowns are going to keep going here. So yeah, I got Dobs on the bench too. It's all bad for the Packers right now. When we come back. Tampa Bay Buccaneers taking on the Houston Texans. Thor already gave us Baker Mayfield as has taken chance on me quarterback. Who does he want to throw? To find out when we come back. Welcome back Fantasy Football Weekly, Thorn Eistrom Tampa's taking on the Houston Texas. Well rested Houston Texans team, they sure are. Yeah, Tampa Bay, you've mentioned you liked Baker Mayfield earlier. I assume you like Mike Evans Chris Godwin. Godwin sparked to life last week.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, he did.
Speaker 7: Mike Evans Weekly muz star wide receiver for fourteen, and I would also say Texans zone heavy team that stink versus deep balls, that's Evans this whole game. Evans' air yard share balloons to forty point eight percent versus zone. He's gonna feast. That's part of the reason why I like Baker as well. You mentioned Chris Godwin. I give him a seat god because of the matchup. Godwin's less effective against zone than he is against man. Again, the Texans zone heavy team versus zone, Godwin's target share drops to twenty point three percent with less than two yards per route run. He should have a workman like day, a little bit of volume there, but not much fireworks. That's why I'll give him a SEA A volume C. Kate Otton, I'm gonna give him a C as well. He's a mid tier fantasy option weekly mister Rotten, but the Texans stink against opposing so I think this is a pretty good matchup for him, and he's streamable if you need the bye week help. Rashad White, I'm gonna give him a Bee. Playing seventy percent or more of the snaps weekly, but he's only running back twenty four in fantasy on seventy seven total yards per game average. He is number ten amongst running backs in receiving targets and it's a solid matchup for that. The Texans have a better run defense than people think. I think, but they have a lot of the tenth most receiving yards to opposing running backs, so White could get loose in that phase of the game.
Speaker 1: The run blocking. I believe the Buccaneers are dead last in run block win rate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so White's got to win through the air.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Moving over to the text and CJ. Stroud, I'm gonna give him a bee.
Speaker 7: I think this is a really good bounce back opportunity for him against a Buccaneers defense that's number twenty five in pressure rate. Stroud has looked much better in clean pockets this year than he has in muddy pockets, which is typical for rookie quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: And mundy pockets is one of my favorite Blues guys.
Speaker 5: You're very deep.
Speaker 7: Even after the down week, Strouds still rings sixteenth in passing grade in the NFL, and the Bucks have allowed the ninth highest yards per attempt in addition to having that feeble pass rush. Nico Collins He's almost becoming a weekly must start. Not quite there yet, but I am giving him an A in this one. He's Fantasy's wide receiver seventeen on a ridiculous four point one yards per route run bucks Outside cornerbacks have struggled a little bit this year. Jamel Dean one hundred and sixteen point eight passer rating allowed, Carlton Davis one oh six point eight passer rating allowed.
Speaker 4: So not as tough as a matchup there as.
Speaker 7: Maybe you'll think Robert Woods is ruled out in this game, which might give a little bit more targets to the next two guys I'm going to talk about.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give Tank Della C.
Speaker 7: Houston uses Tank between the twenties, unfortunately not yet in the red zone and maybe never in.
Speaker 5: The rest of his size.
Speaker 4: It might be never, considering how small he is.
Speaker 7: Della is twenty seventh in the NFL in yards after catch per reception, but only one target in the red zone all see he's in Dalton Schultz.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna give him a C.
Speaker 7: He's tight end eleven this year, largely because he's number four in the NFL in red zone targets among tight ends. That's where Tank Dell's red zone targets are going. But this isn't a great matchup for Dalton Schultz. The Bucks are number four DVOA against.
Speaker 4: Opposing tight ends.
Speaker 7: Speaking of being ruled out, Damian Pierce was ruled out on Friday, which brings us to Devin Singletary.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna give I'm thinking about this.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Devin Singletary is definitely startable this week. I settled on a C grade for him, but I thought about even bumping into a B. Last week was typical for Singletary with Pierce playing anyway, twelve touches for forty three yards. But Singletary's usage is going to spike this week with Pierce out. Pierce has eighteen touches per game over the last four or five games. I do expect Mike Boone to siphon Vulture thirty percent of the Snapsters, all right, but Singletary. That leaves the remaining seventy percent for him. Devin Singletary, I don't know people out there realize this. He's number ten in the NFL in misstackles force per attempt. Bucks have an average run defense, so you can definitely start singletary with some confidence if you need to.
Speaker 1: Damian Pierce stopped at the one inch line. In fact, they ruled it a touchdown, and then on review they put it at the one inch line, and then later in the game he got stopped inside the one yard line again. Tough times it would have been for those of us that were had banked on Damian Pierce. And I love the matchup, and I'm like, this is finally going.
Speaker 4: To be it that happened tough times.
Speaker 1: Daniel Jones returns to the quarterback position for the Giants. Does that give you any extra any extra juice for this passing game?
Speaker 6: Well, this is a matchup between the Giants who've scored ninety five points in eight games.
Speaker 5: Bad that's less.
Speaker 6: Than twelve per game, and then the Raiders who've only scored one hundred and twenty six points in eight games, which is about fifteen per game, So about twenty seven total points over unders thirty seven and a half, by the way, and that's super low.
Speaker 3: Iowa Minnesota's pointing in last this is gross.
Speaker 6: Daniel Jones does look like he's gonna start this week after his neck injury. The last time we saw Jones was Week five. Through his four and a half games, he was averaging one hundred and ninety six passing yards per game, and he had two touchdown passes on the season.
Speaker 5: It's so bad now.
Speaker 6: He did play a tough bunch of defenses in there, but the Raiders haven't really had that much of a defensive issue. They're only allowing two hundred and six passing yards per game. That's ninth best in the league. I'm gonna still leave Danny Dimes on the bench here, but I will give Darren Waller a B grade and his revenge trip to Las Vegas. I'm a bit nervous that in Waller's best production games this year and his only touchdown of the season, they came with Tyrod Taylor under center. But it's revenge and it's science. The Raiders have faced really three Fantasy relevant tight ends this year. Sam Laporta had eight catches for fifty seven and a score last week, Pat Fryermouth scored in Week three, and then the Bills combo of tight ends that I smushed together had eight catches fifty three yards in a score in Week two. Other than that, they faced anonymous dudes at the tight end position. So a bee for Waller.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm just going to jump in because literally, like as you're talking, Giants just ruled out Darren Waller with a hamste What oh gosh.
Speaker 3: Give him a bench?
Speaker 6: Great, Let's give Darren Waller a bee for bench. Well, then nobody in the passing game is what you want to start there? It makes Daniel Jones even worse. However, Saquon Barkley, I'm gonna give him an a grade because the Raiders suck against the run. Jamiir Gibbs roasted the Raiders last week, Deonta Foreman the week before, Ramandre Stevenson looked good the week before that, even aj Dillon looked like irrelevant back the week before that. And Barkley's on the field for ninety percent of the snaps.
Speaker 3: How about the thirty six carries they gave him last week?
Speaker 6: They're going to run him into the ground and let him go in free agency this year. Sad eight and O'Connell is the new starter again. He started in Week four against the Chargers, who are a worse pass defense than the Giants, and he managed two hundred thirty eight yards no touchdowns in one interception on thirty nine throws, so the Raiders won't be afraid to let him chuck the ball. But he only completed sixty one percent of the passes in that game. When you bake in that, the Giants are only allowing nineteen completions per game.
Speaker 5: That's like the eighth fewest in the league. He's on the bench.
Speaker 6: I do like DeVonta Adams to get the squeaky Wheel treatment, and we talked about him a little bit before. I had thirteen targets in the Week four matchup. He gets the B grade. And like I said, Meyers only saw four targets in that Week four start and I'm super ticked at him personally right now from my guillotine league. Okay, so I'm giving him a bench grade based on that. It's a SPIKEE bench. Michael Mayer gets a bench grade as well. I like the player, but I'm nervous about this one. First, it's O'Connell's first start.
Speaker 5: Sorry.
Speaker 6: In O'Connell's first start, he did not get targeted once. And Second, the Giants have only allowed three receptions per game to opposing tight ends and have only allowed one touchdown to the position to position all year. Finally, Josh Jacobs. He gets a B and this might be the last B for Josh Jacobs. His O line looks horrible. They're not opening holes for him at all. He's only averaging one point eight yards per carry before contact and then not doing much after contact, only one point three yards after contact. Giants are a great matchup, though, They're alowing four point seven yards per carry, so something's got to give. It's the fourth most per carry in the league. So Jacobs gets the B and if he doesn't perform here, it's gonna be a mere white time.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure the Raiders are the bottom ranked rushing offense in the NFL.
Speaker 5: That's not surprised Jacobs. Yeah wow, who was the top running back in the league last year?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Go figure, Go figure when we come back. Final segment including some of this that's right, the Fantasy Football Weekly time Machine, premature speculation. Players you can pick up this week that elder people be trying to pick up next week. Find out who they are when we come back. Final segment of Fantasy Football Weekly. If you missed any part of the show, you can get all my play rankings available for free at getine leagues dot com. Let's jump into the Fantasy Football weekly time machine. Guys, I want a player from each of you, so you'll want to pick up this week that other people will be trying to pick up later on. But there's already on your team.
Speaker 5: Matt, where is this time machine? Last week? They could have told me about Jacobe Myers. It's a good still kicked.
Speaker 6: I got Cedric Tillman, and Thor love Cedric Tillman. He's a Browns wide receiver. Thor, who's noted draft Nick? I go a walker, Nick, Yeah, I'll go.
Speaker 3: I'll go with Nick. Nick.
Speaker 6: Thor gave him the comp of Courtland Sutton coming out of Tennessee last year eighty seven percent size adjusted athleticism grade. That's great, especially at six foot three. He was injured almost all last year at Tennessee, which is why he fell from like a second round draft spot into the third. Of his one hundred and one catches in his final two years of college, nineteen of them were contested. He caught eighteen of those. Wow, he's big, he's athletic, he can catch. Plus a spot opened up in Cleveland.
Speaker 3: Why has he been inactive for this whole season?
Speaker 6: Well, Donovan Peoples Jones was in his way, and now much is he really?
Speaker 1: How much was he in his way when he was getting no action? And they traded him for a six round pick.
Speaker 6: Well, they traded him away for a six round pick. And now Cedric Tillman's time is here. He's been a healthy scratch the last few weeks. I expect that to change. The Browns need a wide receiver too, and a deep threat. Let's try Cedric Tillman.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go over to thor your premature speculation player.
Speaker 7: I will also be going with a rookie wide receiver Hatriots wide receiver de Mario Pop Douglas. Alright, mister charging was talking about earlier, Douglas five eight, one seventy nine coming out of Liberty five eight but with a ninety six percentile burst score. You were talking about how burst he is, and you can make you missy. He was the Patriots six round pick in April at number two ten overall, but the Patriots coaches started raving about him immediately when he got into the building. Douglas ends up winning the starting slot gig right now, Damerio Douglas number twenty five PFF graded wide receiver.
Speaker 4: In the NFL, the entire NFL.
Speaker 7: The two guys Sandwich on the outside of him, Deebo Samuel and DK Metcalf to show you the kind of neighborhood he's in. Damia Douglas is out, awesome opportunity for him going forward. Pat Patriots wide receiver won Kendrick Bourne tore his ACL last week.
Speaker 4: Like you were mentioning before charge, Bourne had.
Speaker 7: Fifty five targets, which was by far the most for any Patriots wide receiver. Number two amongst Patriots wide receivers and targets to Mario.
Speaker 4: Douglas with thirty. But that's not all, folks. Stay with me here.
Speaker 7: DeVante Parker likely out with the concussion this week. Juju Smith Schuster twenty eight receiving yards since September twenty fourth, Taekwon Thornton was a healthy scratch last week, Jalen Regor is terrible, Kaishawn Butte has not been active since Week one, and Hunter Henry is not fully healthy right now. So this is a great, great situation. Plus people out there, I don't think realize this. The Patriots are top twelve in the NFL in both neutral pace and pass rate in neutral game scripts, so pretty good if you're going to lead the team in wide receiver targets. Last week, Douglas had a twenty eight point six percent first read share, even though Bourne played sixty percent of this snap.
Speaker 3: Was on the field for a bunch of that.
Speaker 7: So Douglas has been he's been ascending, ascending, and now here comes this huge opportunity.
Speaker 4: He is the Patriots new wide receiver one.
Speaker 7: As charge had mentioned before, but as of Friday morning, Douglas is still only owned in twenty six percent of Yahoo leagues, even though an awesome matchup is on deck for him, sign him ahead of the Washington game since week six, Chargs went into this a bit before. Since week six, Washington has allowed the fourth highest points per game per target and the third most receiving yards to opposing slots. And like Churchard's mentioning before, they don't have a pass rusher anymore because they traded both.
Speaker 3: Their stud edges.
Speaker 4: Yes, go and pick up to Mario pop Douglas.
Speaker 1: His nickname's pop, but you called him bursty. Now if he's bursty, should his nickname be pop or polop?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Wow, that snows, that's very gross, gross, Robb.
Speaker 6: He's not happy, though, sticking more along the lines of like popcorn and you went the gross way.
Speaker 3: We went pull up on that.
Speaker 1: If I asked you to name the top five rookie wide receivers in yards, I don't think anybody would guess.
Speaker 3: Arizona Cardinal rookie.
Speaker 1: Michael Wilson is in that top five. Grannity's fifth. Still fifty yards per game, very solid on the field constantly, he has almost as many snaps and routes run as Marquise Brown.
Speaker 3: He's learning on the job.
Speaker 1: Wilson's got room for improvement as he continues to get experience. But also you get the upgraded quarterback Kyle Murrays. Kyler Murrays coming back not this week, maybe next week, and he's and Michael Wilson's dealing with a shoulder injury. So this is not a move for like next You know you don't have to do that today, but I think you're gonna want him on your roster down the stretch. If you haven't watched Cardinals football, and I hope you haven't, you've missed a bigger, physical receiver with excellent body control in Michael Wilson. And he earned his master's degree from Stanford from Stanford before entering the draft, and his aunt Marine played soccer for the New England World.
Speaker 7: Cup, Smart kitting a very good route runner as well. Coming out at six two sixteen. Michael Wilson had ninety fourth percentile size adjusted athleticism and the really cool thing about him that caught my eye when I was down a mobile for the Senior Bowl last January, regardless of position, every player that was there they have this Zebra tracking on them so they can get all this advanced testing metrics on him.
Speaker 4: Ye, only two players out of the entire.
Speaker 7: Group again regardless of position, finished top fifteen in max speed by the Zebra system and top five in max deceleration amongst the whole group. Trey Palmer, which makes sense, Trey Palmer black water lax ball scales, but he's extremely athletic. The second one was Michael Wilson, who weighed almost two hundred and twenty pounds right utter disregard for human life. Going into roundbreaks, you constantly see the cornerback trying to stop with him and then they just like skid.
Speaker 4: It becomes like a cartoon or whatever. I really like his game.
Speaker 7: The only reason he fell down to the third round was because he ran a four to five to eight forty. Some of that is mitigated by the others up the deceleration, the agility, the footwork, different stuff like that. And he only played fourteen games over his last three seasons at Stanford, but whenever he was on the field, he did absolute damage to some of the Pac twelve's best teams.
Speaker 3: Really like that call, charge.
Speaker 1: Michael will This is like your all time low right now to buy on Michael Wilson, especially Dynasty leagues, Empire leagues. Yeah, great time to buy on Michael Wilson. Buffalo takes on the Cincinnati Bengals. This is the rematch of last year's playoff game, which was decided by Cincinnati. Stefan Digg's obvious a, but let's talry about some of the other receivers. Gabe Davis coming off a huge game and he's always a deep threat now. Fortunately, Cincinnati is allowing the third most yards per reception fifteen yards per reception running on the outside. He's going to face rookie corner DJ Turner and Cam Taylor Britt. Turner has only seen seventeen NFL passes in his life. Taylor BRIT's giving up a whopping eighteen yards per reception in his coverage. Gabe Davis the Boomer Bust Guide, this feels a lot more like Boom and a B grade on Gabe Davis. Dalton Kincaid comes in with a B grade. Everything we hope for with Dawson knocks out came to fruition last week, vaulting volume. Now, the last two weeks were his biggest target weeks of his career. Scored his first touchdown last week. He leads the position in reliability. Dalton Kincaid has a ninety percent catch rate on the season. Only George Kittle's top fifty yards against Cincinnati, but they have allowed the second most tight end scores. Dalton Kincaid B. Great love, Dalton kad. Yeah, this is gonna be a nice beginning of a very nice career for Dalton Kinkame. Yes, So I've given you an A and two b's for the receiving options for Josh Allen, so obviously I like him a lot. He's an A grade here you would expect as much. I've already talked about the passing. Let me mention this about the rushing. Opposing quarterbacks have had a lot of success on the ground against the Bengals, Deshaun Watson, Lamar Jackson, Brock Purdy all topped forty five rushing yards, So Josh Allen should be able to help you on the air, through the air, and on the ground. James Cook comes out of the C grade. The Bills have the third best run block win rate, which is great. The Bengals allow the ninth most rushing yards per game to opposing backs. That's also good news. On the sixth highest per carry average of four and a half yards per carry against. And the great thing about James Cook he never gets eight men in the box because teams can't afford to do that. Only eleven percent of his rushing attempts have eight men in the box. The problem with Cook and what always limits his upside is the touchdowns. This is exactly what we talked about in the preseason and that's the concern here. Just three carries from inside the five yard line all year, while other players on the Bills have sixteen carries from inside the five yard line. That's why James Cook can only get up to a C grade. Here, Latavius Murray's on the bench, He's seen five or fewer carries in five of the last six games. Not enough usage and Leo Fournette is donez. Let's go to the Cincinnati side. I want to start with the running game and Joe Mixon with a B grade, one of the more favorable opportunities of his entire year. Mixon had one hundred and twenty three total yards in the playoff win last year when these teams met. The Bills have the tenth worst run defense grade per Pro Football Focus, and that bite might be why they signed lynbal Joseph this week. The Bills allow one hundred and forty two total yards per game to opposing running backs. That is sixth most, mixing facing eight or more defenders in the box and only ten percent of his rushing attempts. That's also good news for Mixon, so B grade here. Let's go to the passing game, where Jamar Chase is an obvious a T. Higgins comes in with a C grade. So for Higgins season, first he was injured and then Burrow is also injured a lot of that overlap and then lately suffering from a case of Jamar Chase itis because Chase is getting all the work and huge target loads, so that means Higgins only seeing six targets per game over the last month. But the good news is kyer Elam is out to Davius White is out from the secondary for Buffalo. That means Higgins's going to see a lot of backup grade coverage and that includes Dan Jackson allowing an opposing passer rating of one hundred and seventeen. So we're gonna keep starting t Higgins hope for better times than a C grade for him. Tyler Boyd comes in with a C grade after a very slow start to the season. He's got touchdowns and back to back games. Buffalo's slot corner tarn Johnson used to be good, but he's really slumped badly. He's allowed three scores in the past two games. He's also giving up a whopping eighty seven percent catch rate in his coverage. I like Tyler Boyd here, so I've given you positive grades on all these receivers, so I must like Joe Burrow. His last three games three touchdowns, two touchdowns and three touchdowns, and I think multiple touchdowns are coming here as well. The Bills have not allowed multiple touchdown passes in their last six but over the last two weeks They've surrendered multiple scores to mac Jones and Baker Mayfield. The Bills are now short the two starting quarterbacks that I mentioned.
Speaker 3: All of that roll together. Joe Burrow comes in with an A grade here.
Speaker 1: A little bit worried about a good Bill's pass rush, but other than that, I like Joe Burrow and his opportunities. This week our final matchup Thoor Seattle taking on Baltimore. Is that the Sunday or is that the Monday night game? I'm trying to remember, not the Monday. It's the Monday. Must be the Sunday night game. Usually we have Sunday or Monday as the last game. Seattle Seahawks Baltimore Ravens. He already talked about Zach Sharbonay. Why don't we pivot to Let's pivot to Kenneth Walker. Let's go to the other side of that running back line.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Kenneth Walker, I'm gonna give him a grade A B was not on the injury report this week, but last week's calf injury does concern me. It led to a season low snapshare for Kenneth Walker, which allowed Zach Sharbonay to lead the backfield with fifty nine percent of the snap season high for him. Like we were talking about before, Walker is a B greade for me in this one versus the middle of the road Ravens run defense. But again you have to keep in mind that the last week thing could happen again. We'll have to see on that, but I am bullish about it. If he does. But if yeah, so both both those guys I think are startable the passing game for Seattle Gino Smith, I'm gonna give him a CE quarterback twenty one in fantasy points per game this year, but not a great matchup. The Ravens have allowed the lowest yards per attempt and the second fewest passing touchdowns to oppose quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: Good news for Gino Smith though.
Speaker 7: Today Tyler Lockett and DK Metcalf both cleared off the injury report. I'm gonna give a beat to Tyler Lockett. Tyler Lockett is a guy who cooks against zone coverage. Like we talked about some this fall. Baltimore is his zone heavy team. Lockett leads Seattle with a twenty point seven percent target share thirty five percent air yard share against zone. DK Metcalf is the guy whose usage goes down against zone.
Speaker 4: He's more the man beaters.
Speaker 7: So in this game, we're gonna give dk ac wide receiver twenty seven so far this year. But again not the best matchup because of the type of coverage that the Ravens like to use. Versus zone, dk Metcalf's target share shrinks all the way down to eighteen percent. It's over twenty two percent in the aggregate and even way higher than that. When he's going against man coverage, you're gonna bench Jackson Smith and Jig Bute. You're gonna bench Seattle's tight ends. Moving over to the Ravens, Zay Flowers disappointing game last week, but could could potentially get a bounce back here. But it is a tough matchup For that reason, I have to give him a c. Flowers is top twenty in deep targets and also red zone targets so far this year.
Speaker 5: And I did.
Speaker 1: I was worried he was going to be slot guy, middle of the field stuff Dell type use there used all over the field all over, not having that big body type.
Speaker 7: Including the deep stuff. Yeah, so kind of crazy. Seattle runs more zone coverage than any team in the NFL, eighty five percent of the snap Seattle's coverages, Flowers has killed zone so far this year. He has over a thirty percent air yard share with two with more than two yards per route run against zone. But he does have to face off against the young stud outside Seattle cornerbacks Devin Witherspoon and Tarik Wallen. So that's why I downgraded him to a sea. I'm benching all the Ravens other wide receivers because the other passing usage is going to mister Mark Andrews. I'm gonna give him a bee. He's tight enders Mark Andrews. Yeah, he tight end two in fantasy. Yeah. Seattle is generous to opposing tight ends. They've allowed the six highest yards reception to tight ends despite the fifth fewest targets. Face the Ravens, I think will try to avoid Seattle's boundary quarterbacks, leading to some more Andrews targets.
Speaker 3: So why only the be here not the A Andrews is red hot.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm a little concerned about the Seattle the way that they match up against the Ravens offense, So I think that could depreciate some of the passing yards for Lamar Jackson.
Speaker 8: Here.
Speaker 7: Lamar Jackson, who's been great. That's why I give Lamar only a B in this game. Enters quarterback five and Fantasy number two in Fantasy points per dropback.
Speaker 4: But like I mentioned, tough matchup.
Speaker 7: Seattle allows the second fewest Fantasy points passing since Week four of this season.
Speaker 4: Last guy here for you guys.
Speaker 7: Gus Edwards given him a great to see the Gus buss last week twenty one touches ninety four total yes, five tuddies, three tons in the breakout game. He's averaging almost seventy two total yards per game since Week two.
Speaker 4: But of course he does split work with Justice Hill.
Speaker 7: But then again, Gus gets all the red zone work, and when the Ravens offense is human, obviously that pays fantasy dividends. Like we saw last week, thirteen red zone touches the last three games for Gus Edwards and again you're seeing that starting to flower out and manifest like last week. But not the best matchup here. Seattle has been solid in the trenches so far this year with the eighth highest stuff rate. They did a good job trying to rebuild that defensive line over the offseason and that's paying some dividends for Seattle.
Speaker 6: By the way, the Monday night game was the Chargers Jets, and that was the first one we did.
Speaker 5: Wow, that was.
Speaker 3: Weird how that worked out. We don't normally do that around here.
Speaker 5: Maybe we should maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, reverse order, yeah, reverse chronolog So we went the Monday night or.
Speaker 6: In Seattle Baltimore is a one pm kickoff Eastern time.
Speaker 1: We started with the Monday night and then the next one was the six am Pacific time start Frankfurt.
Speaker 4: Keeping them on their Yeah, where are we going to go next? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Never know.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening Fantasy Football Weekly. We encourage you to check out all my player rankings SKIA teen leagues dot com, and at least for a few more weeks, we're still creating brand new leagues. You can join a brand new Guilloteen league make a draft pick. Really tricky about who the first round pick would be. If you started a new Guillotine league right now.
Speaker 5: Thor and I will have to start one this week.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: You got to get in.
Speaker 1: Travis Kelcey bye week next week. I don't know if he's the guy. Maybe it's Austin Netclick he's passed his bye.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Tricky Spototine leagues dot com if you want to create a new league and we will talk to you in one week. Everybody, have a great week, Best of luck week nine. Talk to you for week ten when we come back. Fantasy Football Weekly is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.