Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Benasi Bros. MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Bet three six five. It's your two favorite April Fools, Me and the Welsh. We're here talking baseball with you. Live here. It's a Monday, our first full regular week of baseball. Certainly baseball gave us a lot this weekend to talk about. We're gonna recap all of that. We've got some major league debuts happening today on the Hill. We're gonna break those down for you, as well as our favorite bets and our home run call. I got a doozy for you. Stick around to the end of the show because we can make some money on this one today, folks, because they're the haves and they're the have nots in Major League Baseball. But we're happy to have all of you, the Peanuts and the cracker Jacks in the chat. I see you, I see what you want to talk about. Welsh a little under the weather today. He's day to day, but it doesn't matter. He shows up because he's a gamer. Welsh, and that's what I love about you.
Speaker 2: I always been a gamer. I'm always gonna be here unless I'm not. But I'm here, it's Opening Day, it's the first week. I'm excited to do it all. Yeah, I did feel a little bit underweather. I think all the excitement and all the craziness of Opening Day brought me down a little bit. Didn't bring down the money, didn't bring down the fantasy theams, and didn't bring down the excitement. It was a pretty dipty good couple days to start off the MLB season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, join our group at on leading off over a betting pros just go to groups and you could join there and leading off. But Welsh is above sixty percent. I'm above sixty percent right now. We are both red hot and MLB, so get on the wagon. This is what we did last year too. If you're calling April we were red hot. Then we took like a regular major league season, took a little dip in May. You know, things were up and down in June, and then we finished strong as well. But all of my bets are in there for the future stuff too. And know a lot of people always like to follow Joey Future, so check them out over on VP. And also make sure when you're making any of these wagers we're talking about, always bet responsibly and bet with three six five because bet three six five and that promo code leading off, that's how you get five bucks in a bet and one hundred and fifty and bonus bets back at bet three six fives. So sign up today. Support our sponsors. If you support us every day here on the show and you're making wagers, do it over a bet three sixty five. Use that promo code. That's how we stay here continuing to give you the best in MLB. So we appreciate you hitting up our sponsor bet three six five and Fantasy Pro is a great little, great little duo we make there too. Again promo code leading off. Sign up today, So Welsh, let's get to the headlines, because that's where we have to start today. Task Hernandez a third home run of the season. Already start out oho for two like in kind of a bad spot in his first twelve at bats and a lot of strikeouts. Then at a home run the other night, and then Sunday obviously we know what happened there. So a couple home runs for him over the weekend. Dodgers come from behind victor of the Cardinals, the Yankees sweeping the Astros, to start the season. This is huge because the Astros have kind of been the daddy of the Yankees, I feel like last three or four years, so mentally for the Yankees without Garrett Cole right now, how important was this series for them to get off on this right foot.
Speaker 2: In Hu This is huge because of two reasons. They did it without really great pitching, and they did it pretty much without Aaron Judge. Aaron Judge has not done much to start the year. Juan Soto's been in some of the action, and they've done it with whatever this rotation is, and they can just kind of battle through it. I'm actually going to side a little bit with the Yankees are here. I was hoping to go, but we're in Flugate right now or Coldgate right now, so I can't get out. But the Yankees are here in Phoenix playing the Dinabacks today. I think they might be in a good spot. And I think it's just ready for that offense to start picking up being caring. But you've seen little pieces. Anthony Volpi has picked it up a little bit. Wan Soto's going. We just haven't seen Aaron Judge go care.
Speaker 1: How about a swallow Cabrera too. Yeah, I end up picking up in the league because, look, I don't think he's gonna stay this hot. Of course he's not, but the position flexibility, especially with these injuries continuing to pop up here and there, I mean, he's gonna be finding his way in the lineup. I think he's a decent little bat. I'm not like overspending on him. But this will be the week two where he's starting to get all the trade videos from us in the waiver war video. So if you haven't already subscribed to Fancy Pros MLB, that will you get all those The Reds got theirs back to back homers from Benton and from ces our boy to walk off there. Very exciting that that National League Central feels very wide open to Melsh. I love it. I feel like the NL Central is gonna be the most entertaining division of baseball this year from that perspective, because nobody's great, but they're all good enough where I feel like these games and these these moments, especially when they start playing each other, are gonna be really fun to well.
Speaker 2: It's like the AL East, It's like they're all just like really good. In l West, they're all good except the Rockies trash, you know, all those teams. This is like anybody's go. But the Redsvels have been kind of just weird in general too, with the leading off of Jonathan India, which I think has boosted up his value. And we've consistently seen Ellie hitting like six, so something to keep an eye on. We're you know, I have that futures bet for him to lead the league in stolen bases. It's not gonna happen unless we start to probably move up the order a little bit more. But yeah, division completely open now with.
Speaker 1: The holiday, I didn't see much of this start, but I saw the line and I saw some of the highlights. Michael King walked seven batters and four in on Sunday, so not the best outing for him. I don't know if he was getting squeezed at the plate. I don't know what was going on there, or if he was just wild. Now the velocity was down a little bit, about one to two miles per hour down from where it was last year, so I don't know if this is a dead arm thing. I don't know if he's getting squeezed thing. I don't know if it's just because he hasn't pitched in a while, if he just didn't feel like a really good rhythm, because you know when they all started out there in that Korean series a few weeks ago, Like, you're not in a pattern. So there's a lot of questions here, and I don't know if any of us really have the answers. I'm choosing. I'm not choosing violence. I'm choosing not to patter out here. I'm choosing to just be calm about this. Welsh Am I making the right choice?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so. So I've got a trade video coming out probably tomorrow because I'm going to record it today. I'm feeling good over the weekend, and this is kind of the discussion. I actually think it's it's even crazy that we're doing trade videos at this point because this is like over reaction time. But to that point, these are the opportunities where we can take advantage of stuff. But there's always those few guys that I think toe the line. I'm gonna tell you one of the guys that's in the video and you can check it out. It's like Zach Gallen. Zach Gallen kind of stunk in his first start. We saw the v low pretty big down. He wasn't commanding or anything like that. So it's kind of a question is he a buyer is he a sell because the track record Michael King's a little bit different because he was awful. When I saw that he walked seven, I was baffled. But from a stuff perspective, all his stuff was down. The fastball wasn't doing as much as it was last year, especially when he got pushed as a starter, and he wasn't hitting the zone. That's been like a big thing for a lot of these guys when you're seeing these big struggles is early commanding of the zone. That was Gallon's issue, and that was Michael King's issue. His fastball fifty percent in the zone. It had no whists. None of these pitches had any whiffs because he wasn't commanding anything and he wasn't fulling anybody on the outside twenty three percent outside the zone on the fastball, twenty seven on the sweeper and on the end. You've got to command, like solid command to be able to get any of the stuff to be crazy because it's sweeper, sinker, change up. There's two big strikeout pitches in there. I say all of this to say. I just think it's too early. I think one start horrifically bad command stuffed down just a tiny bit. There aren't any big, big, huge warning signs. Yes, I've got all the shares of him, and that might be and the one out I do, and yeah, we all know this, but I would go by. I would go by right now if someone is absolutely terrified of Michael King.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's good. Brandon fought Welsh has all the shares of two six strikeouts for him, one earned over five innings, so good start for him. It was over the Rockies. But again, you can only beat who was in front of you. Jordan Hicks. I've been talking about the show, been mentioning him a lot. I picked him up in my home league this weekend too. I knew what the holiday people would be like, a little slow on the uptake sometimes the waivers and things like that, especially because we play the extended week from the combination of the first week into this week and Jordan Hicks six strikeouts this weekend, five innings, zero earned runs the Fastball Live. There's a question for you, though, realistically, how many innings do we get out of Hicks this year? I think that is the big lingering question. One twenty five. Does that seem like a number that's feasible for him? One thirty I.
Speaker 2: Was gonna say one thirty. Yeah, when he asked me the question, one thirty was a thing that came to mind. But I also think like he's a little bit different. It's actually kind of like Michael King. Like Michael King got stretched out last year and we've seen innings. I think he can go far. I think he could go one fifty, one sixty. I wouldn't be surprised if the team pushed Wicks like that. I really wouldn't be surprised if they pushed him like that. I just don't know what's gonna happen. So I think one thirty is the way to go. But this is the ind A Wicks. It's I did say, wis I said, Hicks just new Church. I saw New Church. Did that? They screwed me up. I was gonna say, again, like my beetle juice, Jordan Hicks, Jordan Hicks, Jordan Hicks, Ah, that's what hit it. I wouldn't be surprised though, if this goes the opposite way, because Hicks is the type of guy that walks a bunch. He has massive command issues, and his stuff was live and he was hitting the zone. Michael King wasn't. Their stuff is a little bit different. Michael King isn't a walk guy. So I think this could endverse. So I don't truyt. I'm getting to this to say, I don't I know you're a big Jordan Hicks guy. I don't trust Hicks to be consistent throughout the year.
Speaker 1: I am a I'm not a big Jordan Hickson. I'm a guy who's noticing that Hicks looks like he is ready to convert into a starter. But if you're in redraft leagues and you've picked him up, or he's still on the waiver wire, which he is and still a lot of leagues, I would be adding him, want him to have a great April, and then be looking to package him with something else because I know it's just not he can't be long for the second half of the season, like it's just not happening. And look, I see all your comments. Believe we're gonna talk about Camnaara, We're gonna talk about injury, We're gonna talk about all these things. So just hang with us here because I know there's a lot to get to. There's also, of course, getting to give it away free stuff. Trophy Smack Championship Trophy comment below on this video. That's all you have to do to be a subscriber a Fantasy pros MLB. That's the other thing you have to do. And if you're a subscriber and you're a good little boy and girl and you actually go ahead and make it com in this video, you might be able to win this Trophy Smack Championship Trophy. It is elegant, it's got I mean, it is, honestly like, it's impressive. Just just win this. Somebody win this, please, one of our favorite folks will win this thing because it's amazing. Again, Trophy Smack always giving us amazing things to give away here on the show. Let's have a little fun, shall we Welsh, Oh yeah, we like that a little fun. So on on Friday in the afternoon, Rehyese Hoskins had a slide and got into it with Jeff McNeil. And I can tell you from the perspective of somebody who you know, I played the game at a pretty decently high level. I gotta say like I was pretty decent as a baseball player.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do lip reading? Is that what we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: We're not gonna do lip reading, but we're gonna do this. Even as a Met fan, I watched that and my immediate instinct was, suck it up, McNeil, What are you doing? That is a hard slide. It wasn't a dirty slide. It was an aggressive slide. Did he overslide? Yeah? Should McNeil have been taking that throw behind the base the way he did? No, You should be trying your best to make sure that you're jumping over the guy or anticipating it. Everybody is so lackadaisical because they are not used to hard nos baseball. Then when somebody plays hard nos baseball and I don't care if he's a jerk. Maybe Ree Hoskins is a jerk. I don't know. We don't hang out, we don't text. All I know is we're in a sport now where people wear mittens to run the bases. And if somebody wants to slide in hard, guess what let him slide in hard? He has no idea if he's trying to turn two or not. His idea is to slide hard be an aggressive baseball player. I don't care if it's Day one or Day one sixty two, I don't care. Wells your thoughts about this controversy. And then Reez Hoskins giving him the cry thing was hilarious, like, I actually I'm team Hoskins here on this one. Sorry.
Speaker 2: I don't like old school baseball stuff, so that anytime, like if you know the whole like oh this guy does this, or be bad flips and we've got to hit him, or I watch this video this week and it was talking about how in a big scoring game a long time with Yasiel Puig with the Dodgers was like in a steal a base And then maddingly was apologizing and chase up he said, you know that video, Yeah, you said me that that's why, yes, why that video you sent me that video where it was like, uh, Tray Sutley was like, hit me because that's the only way he's going to learn. I hate that stuff.
Speaker 1: Then I didn't hit him, and he got back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he called him some words. I think those are the things that are so far beyond baseball right now. So this is a little bit. All I'm saying is that that's the policing. I hate the policing of baseball. If McNeil wants to get mad, he can kind of get mad. But I also think, like, let Hoskins do the cry baby stuff. Let there be yea, let there be emotion, emotions on opening the.
Speaker 1: Next day, throwing at him and the manager gets, you know, uh uh suspended for a day. I wasn't fired. That will happen eventually too. But it's just like it's just crazy to me, Like there was nothing about that. To me, it was controversial. He came in hard. McNeil was in the wrong spot.
Speaker 2: He went outside the lane a little bit.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't go watch somebody go watch how McCray slide in the eighties for the Kansas City roy.
Speaker 2: How a craze.
Speaker 1: That's why you go back to you what you found a YouTube video of hel mccrage sliding. These guys used to forget sliding near the base, like they used to just go like full like role into people.
Speaker 2: You're just making up old Waxy McGee. Waxy McGee usually.
Speaker 1: Played for the Royals, and he was a manager of the Royals. Just because I'm old doesn't mean that baseball didn't exist. Before anyway. Where wo Jeff McNeil Wow. Also in the news, speaking of suspensions, Genesis Cabrera shoved one of the favorites of the show here, Genesis.
Speaker 2: Fellas coming to the stage. Genesis Cabrera besome Sugar, O, man, when you need him a love there you go.
Speaker 1: There you got everybody. I love Beef curtains nose, Beef knows, I remember how McCrae, Thank you, thank you. Somebody's out there. I mean, look, I'm not saying dirty. I'm not saying people have to hurt each other. But a good agree use of baseball is good. It's good for everybody. Suck it up. Let's talk about the rookie. Lookie, a lot of rookie stuff going on. Paul Skeans, Oh baby, he looks good. Jared Jones, by the way, also looked incredibly sharp to you. I know that's one of the darlings here. Early on, so Jones tremendous art. If he's still available in your league, please go run to the waiver wire pick him up immediately. Skemes. I don't know, man, If he keeps throwing darts like this, I don't think it's gonna take very long for him to be up with the Pirates, escially if they continue to win games.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's actually a really interesting point to that, Like I have not known what to do with Paul Skins. Here's what I do know. You should just roster him, and you should bite it through April if you can, because if he comes up, he's gonna dominate. But I haven't known. I don't really know what the pirates to do. But who would you rather have right now? Take out your need Paul Skins or Jackson Holliday. Who do you think is up first?
Speaker 1: Oh Man Holiday? Because I think they're going to just be a little bit kid gloves with skeens. I do I just because he's a pitcher and pictures get baby.
Speaker 2: But you know what's amazing?
Speaker 1: Do you agree or disagree with that? No?
Speaker 2: The holiday stuff is embarrassingly funny where they're like your newsical book and learn second base and hit lefties and his first hit was a home run off of a lefty in the miners And all he has done is continued what just smacking balls around. He needs to be up.
Speaker 1: I mean.
Speaker 2: The only problem is is, like this team does look pretty locked in, except when I saw the like opening day lineup and his Joorgemateao and ramon Arius in the starting lineup. I think it's stupid. Yeah, Holiday, I think is up in the next week or two. That's why he's at the tippy top of my prospects. To stash the Prospect Report article that I got out there and Paul's.
Speaker 1: Check that's on facebros dot com. Yah took that out by the way, probably.
Speaker 2: Not far behind. But I don't know. The Pirates could like they could literally do anything.
Speaker 1: Look, I would say this, I think the Pirates wait and see if they end up let's say five games over five hundred or six games over five hundred or more after April. I think e'l sie schemes in May, like, I think they're looking at it. But I'm telling you the Central is wide open for business and the I got off to a good start last year. We'll get Richie Silva. Richie said, just watch how McCray and he should have been a linebacker. That was absolutely ridiculous. He knows what I'm talking about. He went to found the YouTube video. He knows where it is. Angelo says, I grabbed Jared Jones everywhere. Angelo, I don't think you should do that. I think you're gonna go to HR.
Speaker 2: He do that, so I have was a little annoying because, as Bogman was telling me before we did our Shares episode, He's like, you have Jared Jones everywhere, and that's gonna make you look really smart. I'm like, yeah, I do. He was amazing in that first start. But I'm gonna tell you he might show up in the trade video twenty two Swinging wis two pitch Pitcher twenty I know he throws whatever a little bit else, but like, I don't know, this might be a huge capitalization. This is coming from someone that was a big Jared Jones guy and loves Jared Jones. I would keep him. I'm hoping the best, but I am seeing some discourse around Jared Jones after one start that he's top, that he's top twenty five sp After that, maybe he's an ex spencer strider. I love the guy, it's amazing, but two pitch with hits ra rookie, I don't. I don't know that's why you might be able to get a haul if he's sitting out there, but if he is available, you should pick him up and kind of ride that.
Speaker 1: Here's what I always tell everybody, look at the schedule. If the schedule is favorable for the next few starts coming up for them, do not trade them now. Let them build value. If it's if it's an unfavorable schedule, then maybe you change your tune about these things. Always look ahead. Max Meyer debut today. We're very excited about this. Louis eel Uh start today for the Yankees too. So two big starts, which one are both are have your attention today. The Meyer one for me is what I'm really paying Well.
Speaker 2: I saw our buddy Craig.
Speaker 1: I have shares.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Craig mission said, the Marlins have like never started five and oh and they're going up against the Angels today and Meyer is the pitcher, and they got Chase Sill set and they never started oh and five oh and five yeah, I said, five and oh me and John Wick Hicks Wicks right, I'm back, yeah, all that stuff. So, I like, I'm into seeing what Meyer does, But I don't know. Luis seel against the Diamondbacks. I think it's a good opportunity. I personally think he's going to pick up the win here. Dime back has been really tough to strike out. But there's a pretty good opportunity for both these guys. These are both I think potential prime streaming pictures moving forward. I don't know if both are going to be holds, but find the right matchup and I think you can be streaming both of these guys. But maybe Meyer's gonna completely shock us and show that. I mean, Nolan Gorman told me years ago before he made the Majors hesitation. Yeah, I asked him, who's the toughest picture you've ever faced or you faced this year? And without hesitation, he went, Max Meyer. I mean, and some of these guys don't know who anybody is.
Speaker 1: By the way, or he got hurt, people forget this was what two years ago now, before he got hurt, he was just on the precipice of being called up. Remember we were doing this show two years ago and we were saying, hey, pick this guy up before start spend the fab now, don't wait, don't you know, do it ahead of time, be proactive. And then it was like kind of imminent. I want to see he was like a week or two away. They already the buzz was there. Basically, they were lining him up to take that rotation spot and the injury happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and see where they let him go. Whips just made me laugh. And everyone's tough for Gorman. Now, boo whips, you're being mean, but that's not completely untrue. I just don't know how far he's gonna go, and that's my problem. It's like he's still coming off this injury. They may want to baby him. They got pictures dropping left and right. They also need as many arms as they can, so I would assume he's not gonna go a lot past seventy. So this is a cool opportunity. It's gonna be more about me watching that. It is me like streaming him today or this weekend.
Speaker 1: Everyone is tough for Gorman. But Gorman's a connoisseur of swinging miss so he really knows the guys that make him swing and miss hard. I feel like he's actually can.
Speaker 2: You imagine someone that's swinging misses that much and then be able to distinguish the player that makes them.
Speaker 1: He's like, well, let me tell you, you know, it's like the most interesting man in the world. Like, you know, I don't drink this often.
Speaker 2: When I do, I strike out often. But when I really do do.
Speaker 1: It's Max Meyer Sabos goggles. Another one too. Watch Albert Bell. Now look Albert Bell running through second basement. Him giving four arms shivers to Fernando Vigna is not good baby.
Speaker 2: I watched a video on that. Did you send me that too? I watched the video about him.
Speaker 1: He was talking he sent you the one of the hitting drills in twenty twenty four. Funny the guy had the ladder over his head in the back. My favorite one is when he's standing on one leg on the chair with the tee and then he picks up the basketball on the tee and you think he's hit the basketball, and then he throws the bat behind him, jumps down, grabs the chair and it smacks the basket.
Speaker 2: That was actually my favorite too, but I literally just watch. It's so weird that you're saying this about Vienna, because I think it was Chris Rose interviewing Albertelle. They were talking about that exact situation. Watch it last night and it's fascinating. I mean, Albertella is just like a crazy, crazy person in baseball, and it was so interesting to see him smile Now too, when you're when you're away from the game and you can like not take it as serious. But yeah, that's a scary person, not old honro Magee and whatever else you had.
Speaker 1: Why is everyone McGee for you?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I trying to think of a different name, but it didn't have.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Joey Bart dfa too last teok, he real quick. So Joey Bart. Once upon a time, not that long ago, like two or three years ago, was this you know, can't miss? He was what the second overall pick in twenty eighteen, I think, right, I mean, does he catch on somewhere else? I assume he does, but he just never just came to fruition here for the Giants. So interesting move by them. I didn't really see that coming, but I guess we all should have seen a cover.
Speaker 2: He'll get an opportunity. I just don't know it's gonna matter or anything like that. The warning sign was, I think two years after drafting him, they spent a first round pick on Patrick Bailey, who was just clearly better defensively. The idea was that, you know, maybe Bart's the second catcher. He plays some first base whatever DH and his bat just never came alive either, So he just became a liability on all sides. He'll probably be playing in like the KBO in two or three years, but he'll get an opportunity.
Speaker 1: Oh, Chuck Nola, Joey Bart, the Sleeper who Never Woke Up. That's a good I love that children's story. It's one of my favorites. All right, let's get to three up and three down. Let's talk about the Royals. First, Bobby Wit three for five with a triple and a Dinger's first of the year. Uh, I know, uh. Brady Singer in that same game two seven innings, got the w no earned ten k's so huge game for Brady Singer, also sitting on a lot of waiver wires. Uh one. Soto three for five with an RBI got off to a red hot start to the year, nine for seventeen over this series with the Astros with a homer for RBI, which is great because it takes pressure off of Aaron Judge I gave. It wasn't Judge or Cole. There wasn't a Yankee win. And now look you have Sodo. Now the problem is in the rotation. Somebody else will step up. We'll see Chris Sale five and a third seven k's, two earned, two walks, five hits, A good start to the season for him. No decision, but still very good. The down Bailey Ober with a lost one to one third innings here, nine hits, eight earned. This was not what we signed up for, Welsh. What happened to Bailey Ober?
Speaker 2: Bailey Oper looked so bad?
Speaker 1: Oh face he oh looked, Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Why did we draft? He looked so bad? But it was reminiscent. This is like the the thing I'm trying to get out of my head a little bit. Though obviously I want to like pimp point who's doing this and that? But like, the thing that stood out about the guys that got smashed around was just command. And that is something that Ober does really well. He commands pitches. He did not he had bad stuff. It was he was fooling nobody. It was reminiscent Gallon.
Speaker 1: Was I'm gonna give you a possibility here too. When you see a guy who you're high on that you think is gonna good and then they come out there and have a start like this, sometimes it's physical. The other thing it can be is tipping pitches. And the first thing I would be doing is going back and watching the tape and saying, are they picking up something you're doing Because if they're picking it up, then the next team's gonna pick it up to and everybody after that's gonna pick it up. So sometimes guys do that the way they hold their glove a certain way, the way they arch their arm a certain way when they're throwing certain pitches. If you're tipping your pitches and you know what's coming, it makes a lot easier. And Ober was pretty good in the spring, so this is a new one for me. So well, you know, let's just keep that in mind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, one of the things that I'm not saying it is, but you know, this is a six foot nine guy. You know, a six foot nine like that, there might be some of that of what you're saying. A much bigger, your bodied guy also is not super deceptive like rotationally, so you know that maybe there is some tipping in it. But also just it wasn't good stuff like you leave. If you just leave everything over the plate, even the royals are gonna bang it around. So and that's what happened.
Speaker 1: Angelo back again, I grabbed fott at the last minute, ended up winning my league. By a point. Folly In Ginkle helped too, So you went full Ginkle last week.
Speaker 2: But again Angelo, Yeah, and stop grabbing everything hands z.
Speaker 1: Hansy also down. Kyle finagain blowing the same giving up those back to back homers to the Cincy Boys and Nolan Gorman over five four K's golden sombrero. We salute you. Injuries Welsh always a ton, my god. Just to recap where we left off Friday, Justin Steele al till May. Royce Lewis out at least a month, possibly more with a quad injury. Speaking of quad injuries, Junior Camenaro did his best Royce Lewis imitation, hits a home run and then hurts his quad. I saw the video on X. I'm sure Welsh saw two. I'm not looking excited about this. He's gonna be gone for at least as long as Royce Lewis.
Speaker 2: Would you These quad injuries are so brutal. I guess maybe there's something in planted in my brain where I'm like a little hammy, little quad. We'll get through that. No, and it's just like pulling up on a quad. Yeah, we are seeing. It was a severe one for Royce Lewis. I haven't heard what the severity is, but if you watch the video that Kevin Arow was just lame, like about halfway through coming up to first base, those are weeks. And here's what's brutal about that. I got him stashed in some spots because I thought this.
Speaker 1: Was gonna be all people ask about that. Yeah, I'm still stashing him. I don't care like I'm still doing.
Speaker 2: Okay, if you're in a shorter league with shorter benches, I don't that's different.
Speaker 1: Ten team you probably can't.
Speaker 2: That's even twelve team low benches, like low bench three outfield leagues where there's a lot of players available. I just don't really think you can afford to eat that for a full month. Deeper leagues, if you can suffer through it. Sure, I've got him in TGFBI. I'm not gonna let him go because when he comes up, he's gonna be the guy that goes for you know, thirty forty percent of FAB I'm in a hold as long as I can, but I think there's a lot of instances where you might have to move on because this could be a month, this could be five weeks. Then he's got to come back, and he's got to get right. We could be six to eight weeks before the team can really justify him up. I'm being dramatic about it, but the possibilities out there, so you got to figure out if you can stomach that. But we are in dropable range.
Speaker 1: Kenley Jansen could be available off and on now with his back issue. He was my number one fade closer. I wrote about it on Fantasy Pros and so far, the age, the decline in some of the numbers last year, everything starting to look right. Tyler McGill ty loll a terrible reported soreness in his shoulder on Sunday after the start. He's going for an MRI. It's Jose Buddo time. I told you, I told you Welsh it wouldn't take long for the booty Man to make his debut again in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: Buddha.
Speaker 1: Not that it can help the Mets, who are winless so far to start the year. Llo Jamnez, speaking of no wins, left abductor soreness on Sunday, he left the game because of it. Classic has heard already. We're a couple of days into the season and John means give up seven runs in one inning, uh on Sunday in a rehabs start against Triple A. So hopefully better times ahead for him. So there you go. Those are the injuries for the day. And of course, everybody, you know what time it is. It's time for the best bets the day. Hey, you're nowhere near. I've got to work on that. You want to try it again, Let's try it again together. It's that time, boys and girls.
Speaker 2: It's time for the best bets the day. Why is your of the Why is that delayed? Don't be so delayed, Joe?
Speaker 1: All right, just do it fast. We'll do it fast. All right, we go ready, one, two, three, It's that time, boys and girls.
Speaker 2: Four the best best bets of the day.
Speaker 1: That was definitely worse. That was definitely worse. All right, let's just get to the best bets of the day. Here, we'll work on it, everybody. We're here on Fantasy pros MLB and over Betting Pros. These are the things we like today. And of course don't forget the download the Betting Pros app. And of course you can join our little group at bettingpros dot com slash leading off. That's the place to go, and of course you can follow us on betting pros. I am very excited about today. Last seven days, I'm at sixty four point seven percent. Let's go started hot. I want to keep this going. Atlanta Braves today love this. I want to do the alternate run line. They are playing the Chicago White Sox today and alloy probably not in this lineup. I haven't looked yet, but just guessing. Shocker. So here you go. Braves go up to from the minus one and a half to minus two and a half. You get it plus money plus one fourteen. It's my favorite bet of the day. Only one even close to that, right there. Chotto Imanaga over five and a half strikeouts today against the Rockies. Now you pay a lot of juice at minus one thirty. I'm willing to push this one up to get better juice at six and a half. I'll go the over there too. I think you can get to seven today easily. I should have listened to myself last week. You know, I went Spencer Strider eight and a half over, and of course he got eight. I should always always go under on the eight every time, it doesn't matter. I can't believe I did that last week, the only one I missed all weekend, but I'm not bitter the other one too. Matt Olsen today in that same game with the Braves against Chris Flexen is a perfect spot. You got the big lefty bet, you got the right handed pitcher who gives up home runs. Matt Olsen total bases plus one twenty five on the over one and a half, and also I think get plus two to fifty plus two sixty for the home run. Call more on that later if he goes yard. But I love matt Olsen today. If you put the Braves alternate line at minus two and a half with Imanaga five and a half k's and the Dodgers on the money line at minus two forty, you get an easy parlay of plus four seventy on betting pros. And make sure when you place those bets you do it with bet three six five and use that promo code leading off bet five bucks get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets. Welsh, what do you like today on the betting board?
Speaker 2: All right, I'm kind of with you on some of these. I like the Chicago Cubs. I'm going to talk about Imanaga here in a second, but then they're going up against the Colorado Rockies. The Colorado Rockies gave up two runs in the first inning of every single game against the Diamondbacks through the first three innings. I didn't even want to tell you what they gave up because I gave up fourteen in one of those, so it's a gajillion run. So on average, they are just getting demolished. I think not only is Evenaga gonna come in and do his business, but I also think the Cubs are gonna do their business against Dakota Hudson because they've been giving up runs like crazy. So with that, I like the Chicago Cubs team total runs two and a half in the first five innings. Over the first five innings, the Cubs to score three runs, that's plus money. I like Imanaga's strikeout total, like you said, over five and a half. If I wanted to get cheeky seven. If you want to play the Alts, it's like plus one seventy, so you can get some good plus money. But I don't like to get two cheeky sometimes, so I'll just go the over five and a half and then I'm going to the new York Yankees team total runs for the first five at two and a half. Right, Nelson was awesome this spring. I don't think that's going to continue in today. I think the Yankees offense is gonna come in. They're gonna bang the Diamondbacks around a little bit early. I'm not in love. Right Nelson might be half decent, but I think Wan Soto's got a really good track record. I think Aaron Judge gets going. So I am betting on over three runs through the first five innings against Ryan Nelson with the New York Yankees, and I'm gonna take that one, and that one's got a little bit of juice on it at one thirty. So Cubs team total runs, Yankees team total runs, and Imanaga for some CA's. I am also with you. I'm trying to add over fifteen almost sixteen units up over the weekend, so fingers crossed we can continue it into week two.
Speaker 1: And follow us by the way on the Betting pros X and on Fantasy pros MLB on Instagram. We're gonna be having our social videos Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday for all of our favorite bets of the day. So in case you miss leading off, which again I don't like when you miss it, but if you do, you can always get in there and figure out what we're in on just in case, and you can watch the show back and enjoy yourself in the evening. When you get home, you know you don't have to spend time with your family watch us instead. But those are the bets of the day for Welsh and myself on Monday, April Fool's Day twenty twenty four, let's get to home run calls because that's pretty much all we got left today. Remember, you can join the fun at this court fantasypros dot Com slash chat. I have not gotten on the board yet. I haven't gotten a board yet. It's the holiday, so ethan is I believe? Oh the board is there working behind a little bit. Oh wait, I do have a board, but I will go ahead and I will bring up the board. I do see it here now, he did send it to me right before the show, So I'll pull up the leaderboard. Welsh, why don't take everybody through your home run call? Since I kind of teased mine already and I think everybody knows where I'm going today.
Speaker 2: I like yours. I actually think there's some decent home run calls today. Had I stuck with this player, I would be at two because they had one over the weekend. I pivoted one cool thing you can do even over the weekends while we're not here, if you're in the discord, you can go in to the home run call room. You can call your home run call every single day. I did that this weekend. Had I just sat on my Laurels, I would be in the two marker of someone who has three. But I'm gonna go back to it. One Soto, I think the Yankees are gonna score some runs. One Soto's got a pretty good track record from a BVP standpoint against Ryan Nelson. He's got a couple of career homers. He's used to the West Coast from being with the and Andres that they could be comfortable coming over here. I think he's gonna hit up Ryan Nelson a little bit, and I like the homer for one.
Speaker 1: So two. Yeah, man, what a star from Mookie Betts to the year too. Here's the home run leader board? Is it? Cirsiz Up with three, Octane with three, Hey Mayo with three as well. Everybody else at two I'm still at zero, so that's a little frustrating for me. Welsh, I don't see you on the board. Number I'm one monkey, Oh, I see you fifteen. Yeah you're fifteen. Well that's I just have one. There you go.
Speaker 2: We we just we just trailed Mookie Betts the whole week, and that would be number one. Mooki Betts is the top of our leader.
Speaker 1: I thought Otani would give me one, no nothing, So you're dead to me, O Tommy, at least for today, Matt Olson today, folks, I think I can get at least two today for Matt. But again I keep saying, bet the total bases with him today, at the very least. That's your easiest bet. If you want to get a little funky, you can go ahead and bet the anytime home run too, because you're gonna get plus two to sixty on that one, which tells you that's a pretty low number for a home run. Like that's pretty much like like even they're kind of like just backing themselves a little bit up there in Vegas on metals. And so that's the one today. Again. If you want to make home run calls, go join the discord Fantasypros dot Com slash chat. It is free, it is fun, and we're giving away a Vlad Guerrero autograph bat this year too. We gotta get a graphic for the bat. I want to see what the bat looks like. And of course, if you haven't already, download my playbook MLB or go to Fantasypros dot com slash MLB my playbook. That's what you gotta do right now. Sink your leagues for free too, Fantasy Pros Tools. It'll help you make trades, make waiver wire acquisitions, set all your lineups from one platform with Fantasy Pros. It's a hot app. It's great download BP too because every morning I get on VP and I start looking at the show sheet, what I'm gonna do, what the bet are, and everything is just right there, which it's just tremendous.
Speaker 2: That's all go by the way too, it takes after the show. I'm going to lock in the rest of mine and.
Speaker 1: Mine always in there as I'm doing the show. Plan so mineor out there early if you want to jump on some early lines with us, and of course when you do do it at bet three sixty five promo code leading off that's what you got to do. Support the sponsor of today's show. Great stuff here from the crowd. Everybody is super excited. Almost four hundred people again watching Live Beautiful. We love you. We're happy to see you on a Monday after the holiday, no less. Uh so we are set for a full week of baseball. Welsh, I'm watching that. Max Meyers start with intent today. I'm very excited about that. What has your eye today the most in Major League Baseball? Before we call today?
Speaker 2: Oh, the most? I mean I'm going to be paying attention to Chris Flexen getting beat up. Yeah, really probably it's in a little bit. Yeah, Max Mayor is going to be the one. But also like how Luis Hell looks, that is the guy that has been kind of floating. Is one of those fives that really could take the next big step. The Yankees Diamondbacks game has the potential to be an absolute explosion offensive fest. So maybe a lot of runs out of that game. So I'm gonna be probably locked into that, no surprise.
Speaker 1: Leaving on this note, Lee, I didn't watch Live Friday because I was at the Mets game. I should have stayed home. You're one hundred percent rightly. You're one hundred percent right. We are way more entertaining than any Mets game nowadays. For sure, that'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on for the Welsh. I'm Joey P. We'll see you tomorrow. Kids, Enjoy your baseball.