Speaker 1: Hey, this is Brian Alvarez and this is today's edition of the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the eight Side Network.
Speaker 2: When you're ready, let's get it all.
Speaker 1: How's it going, everybody. Brian Alvarez here on Wrestling Observer Live. We are here every day Monday through Friday, New Pacific, three Eastern Sunday, three Pacific, sixth Eastern Friday. Here in the show. You know what that means. We had a lot to talk about here today, not the least of which SmackDown tonight. Bad Bunny is on SmackDown, which airs tonight from Puerto Rico. The WWE pay per view is tomorrow. We'll go over the full lineup for the show later on in the program. Today a lot of matches announced for the show, and yeah, we'll give you the lineup for SmackDown as well. Mince McMahon. Following a payment to WWE, one of the lawsuits against the company has been dropped zipically a lawsuit against the executive at chairman. We'll tell you what he did to get that thing dropped. Three guesses. We've got updates on aw all in in Wembley. We actually don't have an update after the last couple of hours, but as of yesterday, fifty thousand tickets six point five million dollars and the official on sale date is today, so we'll try to get some updates there. But it's looking it's looking big. I'm talking really big, and we still have months and months left until the show actually takes place and no matches have been announced. The vast majority, I'm sure will be sold by the end of this weekend, but you never know what'll happen is we get closer and we'll see how everything starts to heat up with the expected Collision show debuting as expected in June. We've got notes on the WWE World Have Youweight Championship Tournament that's going to be a whole show in and of itself. We've got more notes on Collision, what the plans are for that show. Dynamite on a Wednesday, down ten percent from last week. We'll give you all of the details on that and plenty more as well. Lots of news to get into today that should be exciting. We'll kick it off after the break Observer Live back in the show Bright Now Where is here Wrestling Observer Live except for bb also Wrestling Observer dot Com it's Friday on the show. Normally Friday is like whatever, but we got a lot to get into. Actually, plenty of news here today. First off, SmackDown is tonight. As everyone's well aware, Bad Bunny is going to appear on the show, Cody is going to appear on the show, shinz Ke Nakamura versus Kerry and Cross, and the OC will be taking on the Viking Raiders. This is all leading to the pay per view tomorrow where seven magnys are announced. We have Riddle, Kevin Owens, and Sammy versus Solo, Sokoa, Jay Uso and Jimmy Usso. And in theory, in theory, the Sammy Zay Kevin Owens versus the USO's story ends tomorrow because they are all going to different brands and allegedly that's it is that it well, of course not, but that's what they're claiming. So if they're going to have Solo turn on the USO's or whatever they're going to do, tomorrow's to day that in theory they have to do it. Cody Roads versus Brock, Rhea, Ripley versus Zelena Vega for the title. It's a championship match. And Puerto Rico with Zelena challenging for the belt seth Rawlins versus Omas, which it was like one of instances things that he has to do now that he's back is just make random Omas matches for every show because the guy's big. I have no idea why seth Wwlins is facing Omas. They've done virtually zilch to make In fact, I will say this, they've done zilch to make you care about it. They've done virtually zilch to build it up one way or the other.
Speaker 2: So who wait, wait, wait wait, they have a new title now, and I know that Vince loves making random Omas matches. I mean, who wouldn't bud? Could this be? Could this be because seth Rawlins needs to beat a giant on the way to winning the new World Heavyweight Chanceampionship.
Speaker 1: You know what's funny, Mike is that's not the worst idea, but I think it could be far worse, and that is that Omas beats seth Rawlins so that after seth Rawlins becomes the World Heavyweight Champion, they can feud throughout the summer. Because if there's anything these fans would want more, it is Omas. More Omas, including Championship.
Speaker 2: O mas Oh Moss, what what are you doing? What?
Speaker 1: Starting a new chimp stops immediately? Austin Theory, Bobby Lashley, Bronson Reid for Theories title, Bianca bell Air and Eo Sky for Byanca's title. I'm not even saying what title they are because it's like they have to swap them at some point, so who cares? And Bad Bunny will be taking on Damien Priest. The crowd is going to be nuclear. The building may melt. I can confirm the building might actually melt, even though it's made in part of stone, So be excited for that tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Buddy, do they still throw batteries and rocks and bags of urine? Because if they do in Puerto Rico, boy, is Dominic Mysterio going to have a long night, especially after he helps Rhea Ripley win her match and take home that title. It's going to be insane.
Speaker 1: The other big story, obviously, is all in the pre sale ended up with fifty thousand tickets sold and six point five million dollars at the gate. The other day they were at thirty five thousand, and we said, you know, if they don't sell one more ticket this show is still a big success at thirty five thousand, but they continue to sell another fifteen thousand tickets the next day, so they are now fifty six point five million. It is the most attended AW show of all time by multitudes. It is the biggest gate of all time, and the official on sale started today and it is at at least sixty thousand. Now sixty thousand tickets sold. I have heard rumors, rumors that it is at sixty five thousand, but I know that it is at least at sixty and it is May fifth, so we still have three and a half months left to sell tickets now. I do believe that the vast majority of tickets will be sold by the end of this weekend. Okay, but there's a lot of big things coming for AW, not the least of which is Collision, which is leave to be starting in mid June. That will be the new Saturday show, which we could talk more about. But it's looking like there's going to be two shows, Dynamite and Collision, that are considered to be the A shows, and we'll get into that more here in a while. But Rampage is gonna end up being what Darken elevation used to be. And you know, cmpunk is expected to be the face of collision, and so they will have two first run two hour shows weekly. This is starting in June. They will start building up matches for the Wembley Stadium show. And so I'll give you think that you know, they sell sixty eight thousand or whatever by the end of this weekend and they're gonna sell no more tickets. That's not gonna happen. So now we're looking at how how close are we to all time records for all companies and can they break the legitimate attendance record of WWE with this show? So we shall we shall find out over the next three months or so. But sixty thousand tickets and probably at this point eight million dollar gate I would think, maybe less because these these tickets being sold now are probably cheaper than the ones they sold originally, but probably seven and a half million dollar gate at this point. So there you go. Not bad for a T shirt company.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of people, you know, it's a lot sold already months away and not having any matches announced. So regardless of the you know, anything that takes place on the event at the gate, no one can deny that this was a massive success. Yes, it was a roll of the dice for them to go ahead and start out with Wembley as opposed to Craven Cottage or something like that. But it's a gamble that paid off, so huge success. Now you just have to follow it up with a great show so people remember it for actually being a huge, amazing event and not just you know the first time they were there and they sold a bunch of tickets.
Speaker 1: So tonight also is rampage and the Firm Deletion is tonight. After watching the UH segment on the farm, I have high hopes for the Firm Deletion. I presume it's already been taped and everything, because you know, we had spoilers for a rampage a couple of days ago, and no Firm Deletion was shown to the crowd. So we can all watch it coming up actually, like I think in a couple hours, because I think, what is it two thirty.
Speaker 2: Today or something like thirty Pacific? Yes, no staggered feed once again for those of you on the West coast.
Speaker 1: That's not a good time.
Speaker 2: No, hey, oh you know, let me just ask you something here. Three thirty and six thirty. You know, they don't have to have solosc A turn on the USO's with the way they've been telling these stories. The only thing they really need to do is probably obviously have the the good guys get the victory there and have some sort of miscommunication happen that can play into this whole very slow moving storyline, because if Sammy and Kevin are not going to be any part of this deal, this is going to be all about the USOS and Solo and Roman. That's the direction they've been going, So I don't think they have to make it so forceful and have Solo turn or Jay turn or something like that. They just need to have some sort of small miscommunication that this is off Roman.
Speaker 1: All right. When we come back, we got a lot more to talk about Vince McMahon lawsuit update. We have got this tournament, World Heavyweight Championship, tournament collision notes and the aw Dynamite ratings for Wednesday. So back in a moment with more Observer Live the show. Brian Albarez here Wrestling Observer Live. Mike sumbervb also Wrestling Observer dot Com. Hey, we're going to Vegas, Yes, double or nothing weekend. It's gonna be a lot of fun. You should go. I'm gonna tell you how. First, you can go to my Twitter at Brian Alvarez and there's a link up there. Come party with Dave and Brian with this view. There's a view from the Cosmopolitan.
Speaker 2: Is this how this was written?
Speaker 1: That's how I's written here on the front page. Yeah. You can go to FW online dot com slash Vegas and you can check out this convention. And we got a lot of stuff that we're gonna be doing. Saturday, meet and greet with Dave and I. Then there is a Q and A with Dave and I, followed by a professional wrestling show that ed in San Antonio's promoting, which I am not wrestling on.
Speaker 2: Do you understand Cinco?
Speaker 1: Yes, Sinco of them. And then we have the fur w Sweet Party on Saturday night. Listen here nine pm to two am. Tom's got a show that he's doing in Vegas. So you can actually go to the Sweet Party, go to the show, come back to the Sweet Party. You can do all of this.
Speaker 2: See if you can keep up with Filthy Tom.
Speaker 1: Yeah you can't. And then Sunday we have got the brunch at the Wicked Spoon in the morning, and then Double or Nothing is in the evening. And Friday, actually, we have got a dinner at Texas Day Brazil, which is a Brazilian steakhouse. All you can eat meat and salad bar, all of these things we're going to be uh, we're gonna be doing so if you would like to go at for w online dot com slash Vegas. We also have some ticket packages available, including a couple of ticket packages include a ticket to Double or Nothing. You can get the double or Nothing ticket, the meet and greet, the Q and A and the wrestling show. All of that is available as a package, the meet and Greet, Q and A and the wrestling show without the Double or Nothing ticket, the Q and A and the wrestling show alone. The wrestling show we've got which by the way, if you get a ticket to the Q and A, you can go to D's show free. What about that Texas Day Brazil dinner if you want to have dinner with us at the Brazilian steakhouse. Tickets to the Sweet Party where we're gonna have boatloads of pizza and liquor. Yeah, that's only forty nine to ninety nine to go have pizza and liquor and hang out with everybody at the Cosmo and then the brunch at the Wicked Spoon. So if you want to go and have some fun. Man, every time we've done one of these, it's been fun. So if you want to do it forw online dot Com Slash Vegas, all of the ticket packages are available, and I think we actually have two seats where you can sit in the suite with Dave and watch him as he watches Double or Nothing and takes all of his notes. That's like a once in a lifetime opportunity right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's nice and everything, But what if I want to sit in the vicinity of Vinnie? How do I do that? Well?
Speaker 1: I don't know what you can do about that, Are you sure? I think I think he's actually in the section that we have tickets for.
Speaker 2: So are there any rules against talking to Vinnie? Like I don't want to hear anything about the NFL Draft right now, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's rules like that now.
Speaker 2: Okay, especially if you have liquored up enough with the pizza going on at the Sweet.
Speaker 1: Party following a Vince mc man payment to WA. A consolidated lawsuit filed in Delaware by shareholders against the company's executive chairman was dropped on Wednesday. The reason the suit was dropped was due to McMahon repaying seventeen point four million in late March for expenses related to the investigation surrounding hush money allegations that came to light last summer.
Speaker 2: As a result reason.
Speaker 1: The initial reason for the lawsuit was considered moot. That's a real word. Everybody moot.
Speaker 2: So the point is moot.
Speaker 1: It's ridiculous, but it's a real word. Seventeen point four million covers the costs of the investigation, but not the near twenty million that Bent allegedly paid multiple accusers of sexual misconduct. McMahon resigned from WWE last summer under the pretense of retirement.
Speaker 2: A new stock is looking good for some people, I think, so.
Speaker 1: The seventeen point four is the cost of that investigation. Dude, I need to become an investigator seventeen point four million dollars to conduct an investigation.
Speaker 2: Look at how these things work, These auditing companies that come in once something happens, like you know the company that had to go you know, check on Enron and all that sort of stuff. Yeah, there's there's money to be made where there's money being made.
Speaker 1: So now I said the word moot was funny. An interesting note from the Bloomberg pe stated lawyers for the Consolidated Shareholder Group now want a mootiness fee, a mootness spee, a mootinus fee. Council for the WE investors indicated the plan to seek a mootinus fee as a reward for their role in forcing him to pay the money.
Speaker 2: He owed it will be a mountainous journey to get to that moutinous fee.
Speaker 1: That's gonna be another multiple million dollars. So yeah, he uh, he paid his money and now the thing has been dropped in mm hmm. It's amazing when you have money can get away with.
Speaker 2: Can you believe it?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: God bless America. You may even make it to the Supreme Court one day.
Speaker 1: First of notes, I can't even find my YouTube plaque. Well, if I had seventeen point four million to find it, i'd have it this afternoon.
Speaker 2: I think we know where the plaque is. It's just a matter of where the whale is.
Speaker 1: No, we don't know where the plaque is well, we know the plaque is with the whale, but I don't know where the whale's at. I don't know where this guy can turn.
Speaker 2: That's something maybe Wales Scott I'll look into, is maybe like tagging you know, Oreo, and then you'll actually know with some GPS where exactly he's floating around in the world.
Speaker 1: WWE revealed more information on how its new World Heavyweight Champion will be decided at WWE's pre Backlash press conference. Tripleh announced that the World Heavyweight Championship tournament will begin on Raw this coming Monday. Okay. Thee World Heavyweight Championship will be the Raw Exclusive Championship. Therefore, it is starting on Raw Monday, okay. There will be two triple threat matches on the episode. The winners will then face off against each other later that night to decide who will advance Tonight of champions I'm already confused. Two triple thread matches, hold on, hold on, it gets better. Two triple Thread matches will also take place on SmackDown next Friday. Those winners face each other in the main event of that episode. The winner from SmackDown will face the winner from Raw to determine the inaugural World Heavyweight Champion of Raw, which means the finals of the Raw tournament after this draft will be somebody from SmackDown facing somebody from Raw. Okay, which means theoretically, okay, that if the SmackDown person wins the Raw title, well, I would presume that person is now a Raw talent, which of course bikes a question like if this were real, Okay, if this was a real thing, why would you, as a SmackDown GM allow anyone to compete in this tournament knowing that if they do well, you lose them. Well, you wouldn't because that would be stupid, because this whole thing is stupid, Because this whole thing is stupid. Because last week on SmackDown they said they actually said SmackDown and Raw wrestlers will be eligible for the title that will only be on Raw. Then on Monday, Paul Hayman came out and said, you know, Roman Reigns would really like that belt, but he can't compete for it because he's not on Raw, which led to me thinking, wait a second, didn't you now they're saying that, in fact, in fact, SmackDown wrestlers can compete for the raw title. But you see this all ties into what I was talking about yesterday. You want to know why Roman Reigns can't compete for the title. Why because he ain't around to be in the tournament. Because it seems to me that as the champion, as the crown Jewels, so to speak, the focal point of SmackDown, he should be able to be in that triple thread match to determine who is going to the Night of Champions. But he's not because it's stupid. You notice, I don't know if you guys have noticed this or not, by this show was really stupid until about July when Vince stepped down, and then from July all the way through almost WrestleMania. Like, you may not have liked the show, you may have had a criticism about this or that, but you know what it was, it wasn't stupid like it used to be. Well, now he's back because as he paid off a bunch of people for things that he had done that were wrong, he used all of his money and now he's back, and you know what, things are stupid again. Seems to me there's a correlation here between you know, Vince being around and things being stupid. So I'm I think this whole thing is stupid. I don't know why we got SmackDown wrestlers wrestling for a raw title. It doesn't make any sense, makes no sense whatsoever. And yeah, so anyway, great.
Speaker 2: Slowdy money baby. That's why you need to have all your stars that you can compete for. And so who is going to be that person from SmackDown who ends up coming out the victor and all that sort of stuff that can show their wares against either I guess Cody Rhodes or seth Rawlins. I mean, who else is it going to be? Right now?
Speaker 1: Omas DJ says to Beltles Commission prior to Vince's return. Hey listen, okay, listen, here's a great example of what I'm talking about. Okay, if you want to argue that you don't like the idea that the Universal Champion is going to one brand and we're making a brand new belt for the other brand, Okay, if you don't like that idea, that's one thing, okay, but it is not what you could say. It's like a stupid idea, all right. The way that they the way that they explained it, the way the Triple H did his speech that was stupid. But the idea that there's one, you know, we got belt for this brand belt, that's not a stupid idea. A brand split is not a stupid idea. Okay. What is stupid is the execution and all of the execution of these ideas since Vince came back has been stupid. That's the problem.
Speaker 2: That's a great point, Brian. But since Vince's back now everything's moot.
Speaker 1: I want to moot in his fee for having to watch these shows and try to explain everything to you guys back in a moment Observer Live.
Speaker 2: All right, A.
Speaker 1: Couple of things right here, So I'm looking at the ticket maps and that sort of thing on wrestle Tics, and we'll have a good number. We'll have a good number here, probably pretty soon. But according to wrestle Tics, it appears that the number as of right now could be and I quote, well above sixty thousand. So earlier in the show, I said that the rumor number was the rumor number was sixty five, and knew it was over sixty. But we may be nearing sixty five seventy at this point for this show.
Speaker 2: So Tony needs to get into the work in numbers game, so when this thing finally happens, you can announce like one hundred and eleven thousand people to whatever, like over the capacity is for Wembley. It should be one more person than that. You know, everybody that's there, the parking attendants, everything, it's going to be absolutely ridiculous. It'll be interesting to see how much they actually set up and what the stage and all that is going to be too, because you know that's gonna be pretty elaborate.
Speaker 1: All right, Collision. I gotta talk about Collision here as the date for the yet to be announced aw Collision looms near or details being discussed as it relates to cmpunk's return of the company that discussed roster split between Dynamite and the Saturday show creenty A Dave and the new Observer, which you can grab as a subscriber to Wrestling observer dot com. You get all of the bits and pieces on the front page and around the internet, but you don't get the entire forty thousand words every week they're in the Observer everything you ever wanted to know about what happened the prior week in professional wrestling. So check out Wrestlingobserver dot com. Sign up and read the whole issue yourself, because, as was the case with at least one today, what ended up on the internet was not exactly what Dave wrote, so if he only looked at that, you didn't get the whole story anyway. The updated plan is for quote less than a hard roster split between the two shows, and that Punk will appear on Dynamite when needed. However, quote those with unresolved issues with Punk would be on Collision the week that he's on Dynamite. He also wrote the quote The idea is to get people to resolve issues, but that has not happened yet, nor has there been any notable progress. When it comes to the female talent. The thought is the split will not be hard at all with the women, as they don't believe there is enough star power to do a hard brand split. None of the details above our final They discussed new two hour shows expected to air on T and T on Saturdays from eight to ten, kicking off at a yet to be announced late June United Center event that would feature Punk's first aw appearance since last September.
Speaker 2: All out, Are they gonna start holding these things at like Cyo halls in like bingo halls and teamsters halls or something like. You can't keep like two factions away from each other. And I know, look, you have to be there at a certain time. There's a lot. There has got to be some sort of way where you can keep if you need star power on a show where you're bringing CM punk on and you want, like I just it's this is we'll see how it goes, how this whole thing goes. But that's crazy where it's just gonna be We're not gonna resolve it, because that sounds like to me is we're not going to resolve this. We have no plans to resolve it. Whether we're trying or not at this point, I don't know. But like, if you're going to switch people that way, it's like, again, is this the right idea? Well, this is the right move. Hey.
Speaker 1: I hesitate to say anything because I don't want people reporting what I'm saying here is like a fact because I have no idea. But I mean, is it possible because you know, all the way back to the whole thing, we've had this problem over and over and over again where people want Tony and everybody else to talk about this and he's never gonna say anything about it. I've said it a thousand times. He's never gonna say anything about it, Okay, And it's not just because he's trying to be difficult or making people upset, But it seems pretty clear to me that legally he is not allowed to say anything about it. Okay. Yes, Is it possible that legally CM punk and the elite can't be in the building together. Is that possible? I don't know. I don't want people to report that that's what happened.
Speaker 2: That's not possible then, because then you've got a real big problem at Wembley, because.
Speaker 1: Well that's what I was about to get to forget Wembley. Okay, all pay per views going forward? All right, do you remember what w W used to do. They really were trying to do this stupid brand split. It was to the point where they had ron SmackDown pay per views and then eventually, you know, they were trying to do two pay per views a month. What a miserable time in my life that was, by the way. Yeah, So eventually they just brought it down to single pay per views and then you know, the rob he will face a rob people to smack dame blah blah blah blah blah. So okay, CM punk is largely going to be on Saturday. If he's needed on Wednesday, he'll be Wednesday. But when he's on Wednesday, the elite apparently will not be on Wednesday. They'll be on Saturday. They will never be in the same place at the same time. As what this says to me, So now what happens for the pay per view is CM punk gonna alternate pay per views with the elite?
Speaker 2: Why can't somebody just stay on the damn bus? Why can't If that's the issue, then you have enough money. It's not like some of these folks don't have buses. I mean, there's got to be a better way than where okay, this whole click while CM Punk's segments are going on, or while you need him for pre tape or whatever. It seems like that would be an easier thing to just call them al walkies and go, okay, make sure they're out of here because we're coming into this as opposed to I don't know, that seems like it would make more sense than if you're gonna if you can't get along, you gotta be grown ups about this because we have to do this because this is what WBD wants or whatever it is, if this is what Tony wants, whatever it is. If it's going to be this way, we actually have to have some professional parameters going on. So we can't have people in the same building at the same time without having to bring in national security because we think something is going to pop off, and if that's going to be the case, then WBD needs to come off some money. If they're the ones who are helping to push this, then you bring the security in, and you bring people in to make sure that they're separated, or buy them the buses to keep them apart. It's insane.
Speaker 1: This is so ridiculous, the buzz around what Collision will end up being. They provide an interesting details to the future direction of Rampage. You know that Rampage will quote turn into what Dark and Dark Elevation were more to showcase younger talent. Last week, he reported Rampage would remain on TNT on Fridays in an hour long format, even after the expected launch of the new Saturday show on TNT in June. Direction is notable as both Dark and Dark Elevation quietly wrapped up their runs on YouTube last month due to an exclusivity clause signed with Warner Brothers, which, by the way, sounds like they have negotiated a new deal. And we don't seem to have any details of this deal. But I mean, if we've got a if we have got a new show coming and now we have an exclusivity clause where they can no longer put these shows on YouTube, it sounds to me like they came to a new agreement. And I don't know what the deal would be, what the deal would be worth, et cetera, but just.
Speaker 2: Be an amended agreement now with this going on, you know and taking place that Okay, we're relaunching WBD, you know where we're really launching Max and all that sort of stuff. So it's not it may not necessarily be a new deal, just maybe be an amendment onto what they have.
Speaker 1: Well, they're adding a new show for two hours on Saturday night, so I think that's a.
Speaker 2: Deal. Yes.
Speaker 1: Meltzer noted the planet is for Dynamite and Rampage or tape together on Wednesdays, as has been the norm with Collision and Ring of Honor taping together on Saturdays. Rhas On Honor Club is not part of the exclusivity clause for now. Quite frankly, dude, they don't need Dark in Elevation. Okay, Like, here's the thing. I know a lot of people like Dark in Elevation and I didn't. I didn't watch it. But the fact of the matter is, what was the idea behind Dark in Elevation. It was it was to get people reps. Because we use that word all the time. People need to get reps. But you know what, it's now been years and you know a lot of these people that needed reps. They're better, but they're not, like miles better because at the end of the day, what were they getting reps doing. We're getting reps doing squashes. They were getting reps doing three minute matches. They were getting reps going in there and doing their their big spots and whatever. That's not what we're looking for here. We're looking for you got to get out there and you need to do. Here's the thing with the reps, it asks me all sorts of different things. That's why the best way to get reps is to you know, in the old days, you would just go territory, territory territory, territory nowadays, a lot of guys just like, oh, you know, I'm not signing anywhere. I'll do New Japan, I'll do I'll do this Indy, that Indy, this Indye, that Indy. Nick Wayne's a great example. Nick Wayne works everywhere from DeFi to GCW to you know, he's going to you know, the UK everywhere. All right, So what getting reps is is you're having long matches with different people in front of different crowds, doing different things. You're you're dealing with everything you'd ever have to deal with in wrestling, doing it right, that's getting reps. Otherwise, you know, if it's just going in there and doing it too more squash match, it's essentially aside from a crowd that's just kind of sitting there. It's the same as just you know, go do practice matches you know wherever it qt is, school or whatever. I mean. That's so my point is we don't need dark in elevation. It's too much to do. It's it's like, let's just do our main shows and for some people let them go out and work, let them go out and do some stuff. But that's not like.
Speaker 2: Not like there weren't good things on there, you know, as far as if you're a fan of the independent scene to see some people get some shine on those shows and get the graphics and all that stuff. I mean it really, it was a it was a nice thing. Again, there was so much going on. I've rarely had a chance to watch it. I would end up seeing more of an on bachmania because of ex Caliber and Taz going back and forth and them using a lot of that stuff. But you know, this is just the evolution of things right now, and they have again, they're going on five hours of TV, they're going to have on National Tea. They got to worry more about their the people that they do have right now and figuring out how to layer again, how to layer a mid card and a lower mid card and all of that sort of stuff, because that's something they haven't mastered yet.
Speaker 1: Wednesday's Dynamite seven hundred and seventy six thousand viewers down ten percent, lowest audience since October eighteen, which was a Saturday airing for a Wednesday episode. It is the lowest viewership in almost a year. June fifteen, twenty twenty two, eighteen to forty nine eighth on Cable point two eight, which actually as far as eighteen and forty nine. Say it's done for the past four weeks, Ty's Dynamite's fifth lowest rating of the year. Programming later that related to the NBA and NHL playoffs took five of these seven spot top spots on cable. Vander Pump Rules and Watch what Happens Live on BRA. That's a new one. Watch what Happens Live.
Speaker 2: I've bet they've had that before. I think didn't. He used to be that was the post show for all those reality shows. At a post show?
Speaker 1: Is that what that is? Everybody's what's Watch what Happened Live? It's funny to even say it. It doesn't really roll off the tongue. Watch what Happens Live?
Speaker 2: Thinking one of those shows, I don't know.
Speaker 1: That was the post show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, we should have a post show to this show. Dagan can do it.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say go for it. I'm out. Dynamite's ratings were even or down in most categories. Yeah, that'd be a great idea. You know it'd be fun is just when the show is over, just solely take feedback from the YouTube chat and uh, the in the Twitch show. It worked for Harvard Man. Yeah you know who's not on his post show him. As compared to the same week in twenty twenty two, Dynamite down six point eight percent in total viewers to one point five percent in eighteen to forty nine. So uh yeah, there you go. Yeah, it's Friday. What do you want? And Nu Japan Resurgence May twenty first on New Japan World, We've got the new Japan Strong Women's Title tournament. Fives talk about introducing a bunch of belts. How many women are on Strong. I've watched every single solitary Strong ever and I think the only women's match I ever saw was the one for the IWGP Women's title. Well, now we have a Strong women's championship.
Speaker 2: So we cannot have stardom. Women come over here and Russell for it.
Speaker 1: Tanashi and Osprey for the number one contendership to Kenny Omega's title, John Moxley, Wheeler, Yuda and Shooter Umino. We facing Okada, Ish and Rocky Romero. Well, hiccolayovers is Kent for this Strong title, Fred Rosser, Juice Robinson, a Street Fight, Willow Nightingale and Momokogo for the new Japan Strong Women's title. It's a first round match, and Mercedes and Stephanie Bacaier for the other first round match.
Speaker 2: Bring me Yoda Suji please.
Speaker 1: Back in a moment. It was her life in the show. Brian Albarez here Wrestling Observer Live, Mikecember BB also Wrestling Observer dot com. If you go to my Twitter at Brian Albarez, Dean reuss Mussen has passed away and there's a GoFundMe up there. You can still help his family loss of medical bills. And if you've ever seen, and people have asked a thousand times over the years, what is that thing you've got in the logo? You mean the Tilda bang Well, I blatantly stole it from Dean. He used to do. He used to do reports on RSPW and Death Valley Driver back in the day, and these were the best reviews of anything that you ever imaginable. They were the absolute greatest, and apparently he would type them and one day he was trying to hit that exclamation point if I recall correctly, but right next to it on the keyboard is the teal Day. So he accidentally hid the Teal day before and I guess he just thought, eh, that's pretty cool. That's even more explanation whatever. So anyway, he kept it and it made all the reports a thousand times better express yep. And then I stole it from him, and man, did I ever love reading those old A lot of it was Japanese pro wrestling, but he was the greatest. So anyway, very sad to hear of his passing. And if you have a few dollars, you can head up there to the GoFundMe and toss a few dollars in and help his family in this time of need. So rest in peace to Dean at all time great of pro wrestling recaps, I thought. So anyway, we're out of time, everybody. I want to thank y'all for listening here today. Back tomorrow we'll be up after the Puerto Rico show myself and Dave Vinne and I Sunday will be the recap with Craig Jim Valley Lock coming up this weekend, Jim Vally tomorrow as well, of course, and uh Andrew on Sunday. And that's it. Thanks Michaus. Always callers and listening to this studio. We'll talk to you next time. Wrestling Observer Live. You have been listening to the Wrestling Observer Daily podcast on the Eight Side Network