Speaker 1: Leading off starts right now. What's up, friends, We're on Fantasy Pros and it's me the Welsh, joined today by the Mendy David Mendelssohn from Triple Play Fantasy. We are gonna talk about, oh, I don't know, a pretty incredible rookie debut yesterday, actually so much so. It was a record breaking one, something had never been done at least at his age.
Speaker 2: Mister David mendlssoon. What's up, buddy?
Speaker 3: Hey man, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Man? I get to podcast with you three times in like a week. This is freaking awesome, My buddy the Welsh get to talk some baseball.
Speaker 2: Let's go, Let's go.
Speaker 1: Mendy is out of the same mold as myself, hustler, doing lots of stuff big into just like good new technology and with podcasting. And one of the things you've always been really great about, which almost a disappointment we should have had you do here is the ridiculous guests that you get across the board.
Speaker 2: You've had insane guests.
Speaker 1: I mean even recently Austin Eckler on the football side. We should have had you bring somebody that should be like your token.
Speaker 2: Now, did you have any big baby did. What was the last baseball guy that you interviewed?
Speaker 4: I interviewed Dinard's Span, like two three months ago. That was the last one man that was my guy as my favorite baseball player of all time. So I was one of the few times I was actually nervous to interview him. So I told him that before we started, so he knew it. But it was really cool that I.
Speaker 2: Love Dinard Span.
Speaker 1: You know, now I have to do the quick look here, Denard Span, Let's see seventy one career homers, one hundred and eighty five career stolen bases. God, I would have thought that would have been just a ton more. That's one of those guys that just imprinted in your brain that they were putting up just big old numbies back in the day.
Speaker 2: Best season probably.
Speaker 1: His second year actually, now that I'm looking at it. He hit three eleven with eight homers, twenty three stolen bases. He did have a thirty one stolen base season, hit three h two, So maybe that's another one. With Washington in two thousand and what was that two thousand and fourteen, spent time with Minnesota, Washington, the Giants, and then back with the Blue Jays are actually just ending with the Blue Oh, ending with the Seattle. Actually so good career. Uh, Denard Span just like to go back to it. You always do a really good job about that. So go and follow him over at d Mindy on Twitter. I'm make sure you check out all those awesome shows and get some awesome baseball interviews. Maybe you in the very near future can get von Grisham, who became the youngest player in the history of baseball to homer and steal a base in his major league debut. Now you know, Joe's game is to come on here and be like I told you so, I told you what did we tell you?
Speaker 2: I don't always do that. I try to think. I'm a little bit less agree.
Speaker 1: But shout out to the Wonkey of the Penguins who've always given some Denard Spam love. Wonky was on with us yesterday and gave me some love on Twitter because, uh, it played out Span play not didnar Span von Grisham That Denard's fans incepted my brain. Now von Grisham played out just like we were hoping and talking about. Was he the perfect type of fantasy player?
Speaker 2: Yes? Is it gonna get extended time, We don't really know. Should you have picked him.
Speaker 1: Up, yes, because he was at even if you only get two weeks absolute turn on that ball, crushing it on the monster with the stolen base, von Grisham looked mighty mighty good. Mindy, how aggressive on the pickup? He's still out there. He was only eight percent own at like midnight last night.
Speaker 2: I know that had to change.
Speaker 1: Yahoo picked up seventeen hundred pickups just yesterday. How aggressive would you be on von Grisham if you assume he is not going to stay up when our returns from injury.
Speaker 4: I've still be pretty aggressive with him on this point in the season. We just got about, you know, under two months left of the year. I got that stole twenty seven bases in ninety six games in the minor league. If he can give you, you know, five to ten steals before he you know, if he gets demoted, then that those could be very valuable. Now there's also the scenario, you know we talk about with our cia Ozzi Albi's is potentially going to return. They see you in the next couple of weeks here, but if he's hitting, I find it really difficult that they're not going to keep him up based off I mean, if you're hitting well. I mean, keep in mind, this is a guy yesterday two for four, home run in a stolen base, one hundred and four point seven exit velocity off his bat yesterday on his home run, one of the two hard hit balls in that game, four hundred and twelve feet on that home run. I know this man is swaggy. I'm gonna call him swaggy V. I feel like he's just destined to stick. I mean, we saw Michael Harris do the same type of deal where we didn't think he was gonna stick around, and sure enough, he's been there ever since because he's continued to produce. So just the speck that he could be around for a little bit, give you a few steals which you might need, and then if he continues to hit, he could be a good stolen base source for you for the rest of the season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's gonna be interesting to see where he's at. Like go guards mentioned all leagues he's owned, same as mine, But we play in a lot of dynasties as he does and I do. But there's gonna be some shorter leagues where he's out there.
Speaker 2: And that bomb.
Speaker 1: If you haven't seen it, go back and watch it on Twitter. It's just one of those just beautiful, beautiful swings. It's actually one oh one at least according to Baseball Savant right under it.
Speaker 2: Michael Harris had a single.
Speaker 1: By the way that he hit one oh four yesterday, but at least the stat cat or Baseball Savant marker was one oh one point seven on the homer with a thirty thirty two degree launch angle, which is just an absolute freaking bomb. He turned on it and go and pick up and speculate and hopefully it works out.
Speaker 2: This is one of those really top top.
Speaker 1: Guys that I really think, a they're kind of defunct and how much are we going to get them the rest of this year?
Speaker 2: But if all of this is.
Speaker 1: Going to play out, like I was thinking, like, hey, it's a little bit of manipulation and these guys are gonna get a little bit of run, then you know, Gunner and Corbyn would come up. Grissom was just never one that we really assumed and he looked great and it'll be fun to monitor how he does over the next week or so, and I hope we actually get to have the conversation should they send him down the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: They didn't care.
Speaker 1: They just sent Miguel Vargus as good as he was.
Speaker 2: They just heart immediately. Don Yeah, I hurt my heart a lot.
Speaker 1: Literally made this big old case of the podcast. I'm like, hey, Michael Vargus, but with the von Grishams, I hope we're having that conversation at least that it goes really well, because this would be a fantastic fantasy value the rest of the season going into the playoffs.
Speaker 2: But you know it wouldn't have been. I don't know how well it would have worked.
Speaker 1: Also, Gokards that thing mentioned this yesterday we had the Wonky Wednesday home run extra.
Speaker 2: If everyone remembers.
Speaker 1: Where Kelly had said, if you get a homer that no one else calls, you got double and go cards literally said hey, what about von Grisham, And I was like, oh, that would be kind of fun.
Speaker 2: I knew I couldn't do anything.
Speaker 1: I want to know in Monkey or anybody if you did anybody call von Grisham yesterday and did they get the extra points? Because what a great fun call that would have been, especially on rookies, and you know, making that nice big young young history at twenty one years old. Jose Offerman was the last to do a homer in a stolen base. By the way, if he didn't see about eighty days sixty to eighty days older back in the nineties, was the last one to homer and get a stolen base at that age. Some other stuff here, Dodgers win their tenth straight Joey gallow with a pinch hit home run. I am not a Joey Gallo guy. I know there's a few in here that were into it. Mindy, Can Joey Gallo be someone on a return from the Dodgers With the Dodgers now, I mean he's kind of relegated a little bit, But are you a Joey Gallo guy at all? And especially seeing him hit just a tiny, tiny bit, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, a pinch hit, a three run home run.
Speaker 4: It's encouraging getting him away from Yankee Stadium and everything he was dealing with in New York, which if you haven't seen it, it just him talking about just not wanting to even show his face on the streets.
Speaker 3: I do believe there's something to be.
Speaker 4: Said in the change of scenery, and sometimes that just maybe mentally him being able to not realize he's under that same type of pressure.
Speaker 3: He could be good.
Speaker 4: I just think if you're going to rely on him for consistent fantas see production, you're going to be disappointed. He could be somebody in a deeper league if you need some power you're lacking in home runs, that you could maybe take a spec on. I just wouldn't expect peak Joey Gallo towards the end of the season. Again, maybe he's better than he is in New York, which isn't hard to do, But I don't think you're getting the old Joey Gallo.
Speaker 2: Since joining the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Joey Galla is actually hitting two sixty seven small sample size six games, but he is hitting two sixty seven with an over five hundred slug and he has more singles actually has the same amount or no, yeah, he has more singles than homers. It feels like the first time in forever that that's actually happened. He has four hits at least, so two sixty seven since returning to the Dodgers. Maybe something to monitor with all of those. And Wonky was the one that was kind of into uh Gallows so maybe it's going to be working out.
Speaker 2: Brandon Drury, I have a question for you.
Speaker 1: Brand Drey hit a homer last night four RBIs, but since coming over to the Padres in that trade, Drury is only hitting one point eighty five. He's got a two fifty eight OBP. He has a bunch of RBI which has been really nice. He's struck out a bit, but he's got five hits in that time. Batting average is really struggled. And what as nice is he has gotten plenty of game time. I was taking a look at his game log. Here looks like he has started every single game. Yeah, I'm going through the days. He's started every single game since he has been acquired. But he only has hits in four of those games, and last night was a big multi hit game.
Speaker 2: So here's my question.
Speaker 1: Is there anything to worry about with Brandon Drury for the rest of the year. Even though he has been solid, he struggled a bit in the transition. Tatusa is looming. Looks like next weekend Tatisa is going to be coming back. We know that they've got the flexibility. Kim, your big defensive guy in the middle. We talked to I think with me and Kelly about defensive replacements. You've got Crony in there, You've you know, they've got some other pieces.
Speaker 2: That are kind of flying around.
Speaker 1: Do you think there's anything that could bring Brandon jury down with his struggles and Tatis coming back and maybe more platoony, Like, I don't think his value is gone, you don't. There's no scenario unless he just absolutely tanks completely. But is there a scenario you foresee that he is going to start losing some time and becoming more of a lefty split type of guy, and that's gonna hurt him moving forward.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean you kind of touched on it.
Speaker 4: The Padres have arguably the most talent on their roster, them and the Dodgers, and just like you said, they don't have to play him every day. If he's struggling, they can platoon him. I mean, cronin Worth has shown that he should get consistent playing time. Manna Machado and Trenched at third base. You know, we don't know where Fernando Tatis is gonna play. Are they gonna stick him in left field? Are they gonna dh him a lot? Or are they going to put him at shortstop? We don't know yet, you know, maybe they move him around a little bit. But at the same time, like Drury's a luxury for them. It's like the car that you have in the garage. It's like I've got four other nice cars.
Speaker 3: I have this one.
Speaker 4: I'll drive it every once in a while, but it's like my fifth option. And that's kind of how I feel like when everybody's back in the fold for the pot, he's going to kind of get the short end of the stick, especially with how he's been playing. Now again, if he starts heating up and he plays better, he could, you know, start putting in some more playing time. But I mean, he struggled versus lefties against small sample size fourteen at bats so far with the Padres, a one forty three average so far against lefties. With the Cincinnati Reds against lefties he was hitting three h nine, So maybe that corrects itself over time. But the I mean, the Padres could be looking at that this type of platoon splits in just putting their best foot forward with the match they want to play. If I have Drury, I'm definitely concerned that he's somebody that goes from playing you know, six or seven games a week like he was with the Reds to maybe he's someone that's playing like three or four days a week when everybody's healthy.
Speaker 1: With the Padres, you can't have this question, but I can just speculate and throw it out there, Like, you know, if von Grisham were to stay with the Braves the rest of the season, who would be more valuable. It's easy to say Drury on the year, but I've never been Maybe it's the dynasty minded me. I've never been the big Brandon Drury guy as far as like how it clicked that it was going to keep going what he was doing against you know, there could be some ballpark factors in there. Actually, you know, I didn't even think to look at his home splits, which is gonna be a little bit nutty because there's a couple of games in there. But let's see, he was hitting da da da da dah yeah, two ninety yeah.
Speaker 2: So there you go.
Speaker 1: This is what I was speculating on, is talk about the ballpark. He was hitting two ninety one at home, only two thirty four on the road.
Speaker 2: This season.
Speaker 1: Fourteen homers came at home, So now you're putting him into a little bit of a worse ballpark, a little bit more crowded. Yes, he's playing DH right now. As I'm looking at the depth chart, you could argue that there's maybe not a ton of guys that are going to come in. If they wanted to just drop Kim and put him into the on the bench, you could just make that case and then guess what, Dury's your DH and you just go. But if they want that more defensive side, Tatisa is gonna play short and outfield, and if they go and put him in, let's say over bro Profar, Profar, but they might want a DH that I don't know at the answer. I don't know if less at bats are going to be good and try to make it more efficient, But it does look like he's struggling just a tiny bit, and maybe just maybe monitor it before you get into your playoffs, because if these struggles continue as fun as it is when he come and drops a bomb and has four RBI, it might be a little bit more short lived in this new destination and that team doesn't they don't owe him anything as far as what there's traded that they need. They need to play him every single day and if those splits fix Maybe that's just what they do.
Speaker 2: So I was interested on the struggle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we've talked, I mean before.
Speaker 4: It's just like you see other hitters when they leave Cincinnati and you see people like who Henneo Suarez whose home runs have gone down dramatically. You see guys like Jesse Winker who's struggled over in Seattle, and even Nick Castianos is obviously not hitting as much power as he was with the Reds too. There is a lot to be said about hitting in that ballpark, which has been now proven to be like along with Corsfield, the best ballparks hidden for hitters. Yeah, and then going to a whole new environment and kind of seeing, hey, like, what is this player outside of this ballpark? And the short sample size so far has not been great for Dury.
Speaker 1: No, it's really I'm outside of like the big, impactful at bats and just it'll be fun. Even though Jury's got a lot of flexibility, It'll be interesting to monitor and Wonky. It made me laugh when you said Jury the guy that a bunch of people thought was a rookie friend of Jury because he was a part of a diamondback one of the big diamondback trades. I think it was the Justin Upton one. And I see him, you know, doing good stuff otherwise, and I'm like rebel. The other big headline, Aaron Judge hit his forty fifth homer in New York's one hundred and twelfth game. He needs just eighteen to beat Roger Merris's American League home run record. Check this out too, WONK you put this together.
Speaker 2: I like this.
Speaker 1: Here's a couple of fun facts about Aaron judges homers. Yankee Stadium is not the most home run friendly ballpark to right handed hitters. It's fourth, behind American Family Field, Roger Century, and Angel Stadium.
Speaker 2: That's interesting.
Speaker 1: Also, according to stat cast, Judge this is probably the best one. Actually, Mindy brought this up before we got we went live.
Speaker 2: Judge would have.
Speaker 1: Fifty three homers right now if he played all games in Cincinnati, which would put him exactly on pace with Barry Bonds in two thousand and one. That's a wild and we're just talking about Brandon Drury and the numbers that are going on in Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Take him out.
Speaker 1: If Judge was there, he would be on pace with the single season record of Barry Bonds. Presumably not you know, not cheating, not doing any of the bad stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's incredible. I got a question for you.
Speaker 4: Well, so Aaron Judge has been putting together a contract year unlike many we've ever seen. If he had sixty home runs, he's thirty years old. Are you gonna give him the half a billion dollar contract that he's seeking if you're the Yankees and he's your franchise icon, or you're gonna let him walk.
Speaker 1: I think they're going to especially losing out on like a Soda. I mean that's a tough one because like Soto is so much easier listen to us, Soda so much easier to give a half a billion dollars too. Judge is older thirty I think right now, thirty thirty one. So giving him one of those like big old crazy ones, I think that's good.
Speaker 2: This is where the problem is going to happen.
Speaker 1: The big numbered contracts are sometimes what these guys want, and I'm talking like totality. They want to be the guy that got five hundred million dollars. The Yankees I don't think can do that. I don't think they can give him a ten year. You got to give him like six seven, and that's going to make the annual go up.
Speaker 2: So I think he gets paid.
Speaker 1: Because the Yankees also, they're gonna spend their money somewhere.
Speaker 2: What is free agency going to be for them?
Speaker 1: Especially if the Padres lockup Soto?
Speaker 2: And yeah, I think he gets paid.
Speaker 1: I just don't know if it's gonna be half a million dollars or half a billion, but I do think the average annual is going to be pretty up there.
Speaker 2: That's a good question. That's a good question.
Speaker 1: A couple injuries. Max Munsey diagnosed with a right hand contusion.
Speaker 2: He was unable to.
Speaker 1: Grip a bat after so Joey Gallo or Miguel Vargas. I would be going to speculate on a little Migul Vargus right now, just to see if he comes back up, because Max Munsey, that could could not be great.
Speaker 2: And we'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: And Shane Boz is going to be limited to pliometric exercises only for the next twoks. What is a pliometric exercise? You would be the guy Mindy is absolutely Jack, this is a weight room guy. What is a pliometric exercise?
Speaker 4: It's usually like just jump training or like a bunch of that type of moving around. It's usually not too many, too much weights, more like body weight exercises.
Speaker 1: Clearly, I know, clearly I could act. You know what I might need to do the Shane bazz I might need to limit myself to plometric exercises for any exercise for the next two weeks.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm I'm gonna attempt to do.
Speaker 1: Some stat heroes, let's look at the stats. Tuoky de sant five innings. A fun fact about two Ki de Son if you remember, the Diamondbacks literally threw him in with Bronson Arroyo to the Braves to say, make a royal goal away. If everyone forgets about that, Demick's got nothing back. They just said, we'll give you Bronson a roy in his contract and will also give you Tuky to do that.
Speaker 2: And the Braves said, okay. He was a former Diamondback.
Speaker 1: Five innings, six strikeouts, Nester cortestruck out ten, did not go into a win. Brandon Woodruff struck out five, Robbie Ray six and one third seven strikeouts, Jeffrey Springs five with eight strikeouts. He's been a really good k for nine guy and Kyle Wright had to strike out. There was a question in the chat that came up from Smalls and it had to do with Robbie Ray. Would you trade Let's just do this straight up. Would you trade Robbie Ray for Kyle Schwarber right now?
Speaker 4: Mendy Well, I also saw he said in a points league too, which Kyle Schorverer does get a lot of walks, he does strike out a lot too.
Speaker 1: Right it is a points league, Yeah, points league, so big bat with some strikeouts, and trading a pitcher in a points league is always a little yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, I know it's the cop out answer. Depends on your pitching depth. If Robbie Ray is one it is like your first or second starter, I wouldn't make the trade.
Speaker 3: You need good starting pitchers.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, Robby Ray's going to give you innings, He's going to give you strikeouts, and his blow up starts are far few in between. So I personally, unless Robbie Ray is like your fifth starter, you need that type the workhorse three your rotation, so I might hold on that personally.
Speaker 1: You want to know a fun little thing, bug and I just did over on the end of This League Fantasy Baseball podcast, which released today. We dissected thirteen first place teams and all the stuff that we do, and we took all the common denominator players and we looked at the highest shares of first place teams in what players they had, and that was a fun one and spoiler, Kyle Schwarber was one of the highest owned players across I think it was four of the thirteen leagues he was owned in. And then I also threw in tout which I'm in, which Frank Stanfele has. So we had five of fourteen teams owning Kyle Schwarber and they were at the top. IF just a fun little experiment we were putting together on the hitter side, Albert poolholes Albert poolholes one homer, two runs, two RBI, four for five. AJ Melndez had a homer, Nolan Arnatto had a home run. Leoti Taveres had to double a triple five RBI just when everybody was ready to drop him. Monday, we did an ITL episode where Leodie tiv is the number one drop player on ESPN and on CBS Sports, and Leodi Tavarrus comes in with five RBI.
Speaker 2: JD.
Speaker 1: Davis with a homer and large newtbar, two triples, two RBI, two stolen bases. Wow, a very very interesting performance. James Anderson and I were chatting the other day and he brought up this interesting thing.
Speaker 2: This is kind of a side note.
Speaker 1: But everybody gets excited about prospects. Francisco Alvarez with the Mets, big, big time hit tool prospect that everybody loves, and he's gonna come up. But we were talking about and comparing with Gabrielle Moreno and just how a lot of these catchers the pool is much bigger and the eliteness brings everything up, and everybody, I think over values every single prospect, especially catching prospects. And the whole point to this was to say, I loved his point that imagine if Francisco Alvarez.
Speaker 2: Came up and he hit like im J. Melndez, how disappointed people would be.
Speaker 1: And that's crazy talk because it is such a crazy compt because in the end.
Speaker 2: Of the day, you should be excited. You would put that up because m J.
Speaker 1: Melndez has been a fantastic catcher two in any two catcher format and really has been like a low end solid catcher that you've got for free.
Speaker 2: And he continues to get run, continues to get hits.
Speaker 1: Bating average isn't quite up there, but he has been a pretty big plus, And I would say MJ. Melndez is probably a very good comp to what you would get if Alvarez comes up. Maybe a little bit uptick on the batting average, but that's probably about the comp that you would get on album.
Speaker 2: Are You big? Are you a speculative Francisco Alvarez guy?
Speaker 4: I mean, I obviously one of the best prospects in baseball. A lot of power there, great hit tool, like you've mentioned. I love how you've talked about comparing him to MJ. Melendez and saying that people be disappointed. But like, looking at the numbers in under three hundred at bats, fourteen homers, forty RBIs a two thirty seven average, Like isn't the best, But this is a guy that's playing in the outfield now. He's like outfield eligibility in some leagues post All Star Break, He's been pretty decent as well. I mean, he's hitting two ninety three post All Star break right now again, and that's in seventy five at bats. But I just I think you have to to like you have to keep your like expectations somewhat in check for catching prospects, because even Adlie Rutchman somewhat struggled, right, I mean he had no power pretty much.
Speaker 3: I don't remember it was like his first few weeks before he at home run.
Speaker 4: So like you have to like and he was considered the best prospect in the last decade, So using him, you have to realize when Alvarez does get called up, like he is going to be an asset for this mess team that has a lot of hitting, But you can't expect that he's going to be a game changer for your fantasy team because most catchers aren't.
Speaker 3: So yeah, like you said, just keep it your expectations in check.
Speaker 1: And he hasn't been called out, but he will be. He'll I think he will come up at some point in the season, probably in that same vein of the Carrols and the Hendersons and manipulating some time where they can. He'd probably be a good He's a good secondary catcher that they can potentially dage. But you know, everyone focuses on like let me get that guy. If Melindas were still floating around. I just think it's been really solid over on the stat zero side. TJ Zoisch six earned runs, two walks, four strikeouts and four innings. Jacob Jonas or yakup yon This as I'd like to call him yac up yon this two and one third six earned runs, seven hits, walked to struck out three. Kyle Freelan four and one third also gave up six earned run.
Speaker 2: Ten hits in the double.
Speaker 1: And you know what we can say is, thank god that wasn't the Cardinals side. Yay, it wasn't Kintana giving up the fourteen hits in the tender and runs. It was Colorado side. Katana actually worked out on every front. By the way hit the strikeout prop looked.
Speaker 2: Good, picked up the win.
Speaker 1: He's just a to me, Kintana is just a total league winning pick up on the back half of the year. If he had been sitting out there, goes to the Cardinals already picked up like, I'm just a big, big Kintana guy. So I don't assume he's floating out there. But there are some formats where it might potentially be happening. Home run calls abound, my friends, and we we have got the home run leader board. Would you look at this high. Cubbies and d Blum both in the forties. We've got Go Cards and Terry who have jumped up. I think Terry might have been there, but Go Cards jumped up with Mike Mayer night King of the North dropping down a little bit. We had six people receive the Wonky bonus, which was calling a player that no one else called and them hitting a homer. And I believe de Blum hit it, and that's why he's there, because he had Marcelo Zuna and that jumped him up to forty. We also had a home run calls of Judge and Nolan Aronado. I did not hit mine. I think I had Vladdie yesterday that did not hit. And God, I don't even remember who what Wonky? Who did you have? I don't remember who Wonky had. I don't think either one of us hit unfortunately. So that is what the home run board looks like, and we can jump back on it today we can get some more homers. But before we do, we're gonna go over and take a look at some bets with our friends. Bet MGM use a promo code leading off. You're going to get a thousand dollars risk free bet. If you get use it today, you can get it in on baseball. Football season is coming in, so have some fun, make some bets and get a big old risk free bet with bet MGM.
Speaker 2: I went over on the top plays.
Speaker 1: I did it a little bit different today, and I'm gonna give you I'm only gonna give you two here, and I went with the Betting Pros cheat sheet, their algorithm, their plays, which you can go on completely free. Just type in Betting Pros MLB cheat sheet and it'll show you everything based on their algorithm and whether you want to make the bets and who makes the best bet. But there's a lot of juice involved today, a lot of big minus money. So I found the two one total base in, one strikeout plus money. So these are the top plus money plays on these for the day. And number one we're going back to the Cardinals and we're going into Colorado. Except it's not a player that you think, Paul the Young. Paul the Young is just over plus money plus one oh five for the total basis which is at one oh five. His projection is two point six and he has been hitting pretty well. And it's in Colorado again and the pitcher Framber Valdez under strikeouts plus one ten, he's projected at six. The number six and a half he's going up against Texas. That one is on FanDuel Mindy. If you had to make one bet Paul de Young total bases, you need two or Framber Valdez to not strike out seven?
Speaker 2: Which one you rocking.
Speaker 4: Frambervaldez is going to get some k's today, so I think he's going to get over that. So I'd have to go to the young side just for the Framburg side real quick. If you look just at his last few starts, in three of his last four starts, he's had six or more k's and he's playing against the Texas Rangers, who, over the last two weeks against lefties have been striking out over twenty nine percent of the time. So that has me hesitant about going under on his k's. The the young side, he's coming in hot. This is a guy that has I believe eleven hits or yeah. He's been eleven games back, four home runs, getting eight sixty five ops and triple A and had a twenty four percent k raid over that time. Just about right around there, he's in Coors Field, this Cardinals offense is hot. I'm definitely going the Deyong side. I think he's gonna get the over there.
Speaker 2: Here's a fun thing.
Speaker 1: Since August fourth, that is six straight games he has had two or more total bases and five of the last six five of the last six, and two of those were multi hit games, so he's had doubles and homers in those non games. So I like that one as well. I'd actually fade the Valdez one and maybe go with the over. It's probably gonna not be great money on that, but that's what I would do.
Speaker 2: A couple DFS things.
Speaker 1: If you want to play on DK, Framber, who were talking about, I think you and I are both fading that projection.
Speaker 2: He's nine to eight on DK.
Speaker 1: I think that's a play, and I think Meryl Kelly Merle is a play today on DK he's a better priced nine to one, where he is over ten on Fandle he's ten to one. Framber's ten to four, and I think Valdez is now a better cost Nick Ldolo though more expensive than both of them at ten to five. Those are some guys who can take a look at Stacks Houston, Colorado, Boston and those are all five runs implied or more. Here's another fun thing. Colorado and Saint Louis are both implied to be over six today over six and that's where it is, and you guys want to play those so Houston, I actually liked the Colorado on like Jose Glacias would be someone he's hitting two in the lineup. I think today that might be a cheap option you can throw in. And yes, you guys called me on it. No one said it yesterday, but Tierra.
Speaker 2: I tried to.
Speaker 1: Find it yesterday for my bet MGM Reid Mindy.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you had ever seen.
Speaker 1: Whenever we would do the betting stuff, Joe had this big crown he would put on, so there was a week he was out.
Speaker 2: I don't have a crown, but.
Speaker 1: I have a daughter, just Tiara, So I will be bettingpros dot com leading off promo code Tiara. When I did my reads and ever since I did it, she hit it from me.
Speaker 2: She hit it from me. So I can't find the Tiara.
Speaker 1: Oh No, I will confront her today and I'll see if we can. She one hundred percent hit it for me. I swear to God I am embarrassed to say this. I went through her room yesterday looking for it before the show just to see if I.
Speaker 2: Can find it.
Speaker 1: Absolutely nowhere. So we're gonna get to the bottom of this. I promise you guys. Tune in tomorrow. We might have some Tiara action. Let's end this bad boy with a home run call. Mindy, guests, I've been doing pretty pretty good. What do you got into a little smaller slate of games here? Give us our home run call for today on your side?
Speaker 4: Well, I looked at the show sheet and you have the guy I was going to pick originally, Paul Goldschmid four home runs in his career against Herman Marquez, who the same Hermon Marquez that at home this season has been absolutely just awful his home games. He's got a six to eleven ERA compared to a four oh seven on the road.
Speaker 3: Not surprising.
Speaker 4: He is somebody that can blow up at any start, and it's in course field. Goldsmid with the four home runs was definitely my first call. But I'm gonna give I'm gonna pivot and we're gonna go to the guy we talked about for the betting side, Paul the young again, somebody that has four home runs in the eleven games, and he's hot, and you want to pick players that are producing. I picked up Paul de Young in probably four or five of the league's I'm inn so I'm all in on him.
Speaker 3: Let's go Paul de Young at least one home run today.
Speaker 2: That's a good one too.
Speaker 1: If we were if we had the Wonky bonus, I think that would have a decent chance. Yeah, it's I think it's a very BVP day as well. I've got Paul Goldschmidt. He's probably the best home run VVP. It's still Colorado. Love the matchup. Like you said, he's got a three eighty two lifetime average versus Mark Hez And you know, anytime I can pick Goldie the second best as far as homers go, that's where Wonky is with AIRTIEDI Zechino, which that would be another one that no one's calling. There's a big play one Airstida Zecchino for Wonky. You've got Paul de Young. Those are some home run calls.
Speaker 2: Friends. You guys still want to take part, you want to check it out? Oh, you know what I forgot?
Speaker 1: This is one of the things I was going to tell you, guys, this is why it's so cool is go and check out the discord so you can be in and be involved in all this stuff. So yesterday I had Vlad and he got rained out and I didn't catch it right in time. So I went up and I was like, ah, crap, you know, how do I make this official? They're only two games left, and just before it, I went into the home run room typed in Christian Walker. I didn't get it, but I was able to change my home run call even though it was a rain out.
Speaker 2: So go and check it out.
Speaker 1: Really cool community and we can do the homer calls. Mindy that is it, my friend at d Mindy zero two on Twitter give the plug for triple play. What do you guys got going on a triple play? I just did your prospect show the call up. But you guys have got a gajillion great thing. So what should the baseball people here need to know?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Call up our Prospects show.
Speaker 4: We do it every week talking about players just in the low miners that are producing well, who we think is going to be called up next. It's a great show for fantasy and just for people that love prospects. We also do a weekly just MLB focused show we do season long with me, Doc, Marty Tallman, and Little Cheesecake. We all just talk about hot pickups for the season and our little own fun segments that we do for the show. We'd usually do that every Thursday and all off season. We do not miss the show for anything baseball. There always be something from us every single week. Player Profiles just deep dives on guys. So it's it's really cool. You guys like fantasy baseball and you like fun. We try to combine both in there, so check it out.
Speaker 2: Triple Play Fantasy.
Speaker 1: I feel like we should all have cake like names, like I'll be like Little Key Lime, like Little Key Lime, Joe, I like that Little Little Joe bunk Cake.
Speaker 2: That'll be hard.
Speaker 3: Joe's a's name.
Speaker 1: There we go, Yeah, Little Little Joe bunk Cake and Little Key Lime.
Speaker 2: We're out of here. Uh tomorrow.
Speaker 1: We got Chris Clig coming in. My buddy Chris Claik. Haven't done a show with him yet, but I've done plenty of shows with him. He'll be up for ending out the week. For David Middleton, I am a little little Key Lime.
Speaker 2: We're out of here friends, GA