Speaker 1: Looks up.
Speaker 2: Everybody. Welcome to the lateist edition of The Steven Nick Smith Show, coming at you as I love to do at the very least three times a week over the digital airways of YouTube and of course iHeartRadio. As always, before I get into any topics, I like to thank my subscribers and followers and listeners for continuing to support the show as it continues to grow. We've clipped one point zero eight million subscribers over the last twenty three months or so. Can't thank y'all enough for the love and support. Keep it coming, and I'm gonna keep on coming. And let me not forget the millions of downloads we received over iHeartRadio. It's just beautiful to see the show continuing to grow, and it's because of y'all and y'all support for me. So I thank you, and I'm gonna start off every show doing that. That's just what I do. Got a lot of stuff to get into today. I got this whole thing with those Department of Government efficiency, some of the cuts that they've been making some of the people, some of the communities, some of the other nations that have been affected by Elon Musk cuts. Obviously, spearheaded by my President Donald Trump as well. We'll get into that asap Rocky was acquitted. We'll get into that. Something about Kim Kardashian coming up. I'll get into that. I'll even mention something else about jay Z. I forgot to mention the other day because it's impoint that y'all know. But the first order of business to get started with is mister Kevin Duran himself KD Trey and a conversation he had with my ESPN colleague, the one and only Malika Andrews. The two sat down and discussed the tumultuous trade deadline that nearly landed him back with the Golden State Warriors. That deal fell apart when it became clear KD was not interested in a reunion, and he spoke on why exactly that was the case.
Speaker 1: Take a listen, and I just wanted to read you this quote from Steve Kerr.
Speaker 3: He said, I don't blame Kevin one bit for not wanting to rerun things here. He took so much for like, oh, you're jumping on the bandwagon, and then he's the finals MVP two years in a row and he still gets criticized. Why would he want to face all that bs again, what do you think about it?
Speaker 4: Talk crazy about me all the time? You know, like, that's not the reason why I didn't wanna come back. I just didn't wanna get traded in their way through the season. It was nothing against my time with the Warriors, or I heard because I don't like dray Bond. At the end of the day, I just didn't wanna move, and I think I want and I wanted to see it through with my team in Phoenix and see what we can do the rest of the season. So I'm glad I'm still there.
Speaker 3: How does the second half of the season shape your outlook for even beyond this year?
Speaker 1: Moving mid season is one thing.
Speaker 3: Moving in the summer is maybe something else.
Speaker 4: You gotta aks front officer about that. I mean, I never planned on leaving and moving fil you know, getting traded. I didn't asks for a trade from Phoenix, But obviously, when we pay so much for a team and we're not playing up to our expectation and somebody has to go, you know, so you know, pressure to check in with those guys in the front office throughout the rest of the season and see how they feel about the team. I know that I'm gonna keep bringing trying to bring my best every single day, and I let to hire up focus on what's next.
Speaker 2: Interesting conversation Kevin Durant had there with Malika Andrews, but I think it's important to address just for clarification purposes. I totally believe it when he says he didn't want to leave. He's happy in Phoenix once to stay there, didn't really want to move. He's that kind of dude. Obviously, he's scheduled to give about fifty four million next year. So the reality is is that it's not his choice. Is going to be the team's choice as to whether they want to move him or not, And in all likelihood, from everything we've been hearing, the Phoenix Suns man ded elect to move him out this off season. So I love the fact that he gets to finish this season in Phoenix. They get to try and turn things around. You do have Devin Booker, you do have Bradley Beal. These are not scrubs. These brothers can play. How they haven't figured out how to play together and win effectively beats me. It makes no sense whatsoever. I don't understand it. But nevertheless, when it comes to Kevin Durant, we all know my wishes. I wish he was in New York with the Knicks because I think if the Knicks had him with Karl Anthony Towns, if they had their coop, but you can't get him because you got a trade for him and they gave up too much assets. As much as I love mikel Bridges five first round picks, if the Knicks could have given up three, they could have had a couple of first round picks to give to the Phoenix Suns and got KD before the trade deadline. And then if the New York Knicks had KD and Carl Anthony Towns and Jalen Brunson on the squad together, your brother Stephen A. Smith would have been sitting up here talking about we gonna win the chip. We gonna win the chip. That's what I would have said. But that didn't happen. That didn't happen. Getting back to KD. In his conversation with Malikah Andrews, there's a couple of things that he said that I wanted to address. He said that he was hearing some noise about how he didn't like Draymond and him and Draymond Green didn't get along. That can't be true. We saw y'all do an interview together years ago and revisited that whole ordeal and how things had been fined ever since that time, and there's been no friction ever since. So why would anybody be saying that about Draymond? What do they think about Draymond? What we were thinking about was the fact that Kevin Durant went to Golden State won back to back titles, would have easily repeeded if he had not torn his achilles, because there's no way on Heather's Toronto Raptors would have beaten Kawhi leonned. Everybody admits that now, there's no way that Toronto was beating Golden State if KD hadn't gotten hurt. Okay, but he did, and so he was out that finals and out the entirety of the following season. So did it really come back until a year and a half later. That's why when I look at his age and everybody wants to bring up his thirty five thirty six years old, I'm like, chop off a year and a half of that because he wasn't playing basketball, so he still got Tom and he's averaging twenty seven a game. So this brother right here, that is Kevin Duran. I could see him doing that for at least the next three years because he just has that kind of skill set. He's six to eleven with a seven six wings man, he's got a handle, he could shoot, he's got a high basketball IQ. He knows what he's doing. Please, ain't nobody gonna stop KD. But the real story here is why wouldn't he want to go back to Golden State Because obviously him reunite with Steph Curry and Draymond Green. You gotta look at Golden State differently. I know we're looking at them differently already with Jimmy Butler. Could you imagine how we would have been looking at them if they had KD back. But yeah, as I said on my day job, first take on ESPN this morning, when Draymond and KD got into it, they didn't get into it, And that's why KD wanted to leave. They got into it because before that, KD wanted to leave because when Draymond was cussing him out, it was like, motherfucker, go, you don't want to be here anyway. Lead we want whatever, we won before you got here, we'll win after you leave. And actually it's kind of true because they did win before KD got there, and then they won after he left because they went in Boston. So factually, Draymond Green was prophetic in saying what he said because it's true it actually happened. But with that being said, that tiff with Draymond and KD on the court at the Crypto dot Com Arena formerly Staples Center, where DeMarcus Cousins had to basically restrain Draymond Green and keep him cool, that was a product of KD already having one foot out the door. So let's get that out the way. Here's the other thing that gets out of the way. We saw a quote from Steve Kerr. Steve Kerr talked about he doesn't blame KD for not wanting to come back with all the shit that he had to absorb when he got here. Whatever. Steve Kerr left something out. His relationship with came wasn't the greatest when they were there. Everybody that covers the NBA heard that. You don't want to believe stephen A. Believe everybody else to cover the NBA. Steve Kerr was obliged to try and have a better relationship with KD. And that's not what it materialized it to for whatever reason. Of course, I've heard the reasons, but I'm not gonna tell y'all that because we don't know. But we do know that Steve Kerr did not have the greatest relationship with KD. It was Bob Myers, the GM at the time, that had the relationship with KD. It was Bob Myers who escored at KD out of the arena in Toronto when he tore his achilles into the hospital. It was Bob Myers that was see crying.
Speaker 1: On the day.
Speaker 2: It's when they were talking about KD in terms of all that he endures or whatever it was. It was a sad moment. I was right there. Y'all had to be there. It was sad to see KD go a lout like that. And the Toronto fan should have been ashamed of themselves, like if you remember, Klay Thompson was waving them off like with disgust because they were cheering that he got injured, which is not something you do. Not like that, and that's what they did. So all of that was going on. It was a whole bunch of things and a whole bunch of personal stuff going on with Kat. That's none of my business than anybody else's business that contributed to him wanting to leave the Bay Area. But the bottom line is he wanted out. So my attitude is, if you were to Golden State Warriors, why should you want somebody back that left of their own volition, clearly stating they didn't want to stay. That showed you somewhat how desperate Golden State was to make any kind of move with Joe Lake Up the owner, Peter Gouber the minority owner, obviously, Mike Dunley v JUNR is your GM now replacing Bob Myers, they were desperate to do something. Jimmy Butler's a damn good pickup, six time All Star, rough and rugged, Jimmy buckets playoff, Jimmy, that brother shows up. He's special. He's special. But we know Kd's another dimension. But I just wanted to bring up the fact that there was a lot that went to that. And now the question that we have to ask ourselves is two things. Number One, what do we think Phoenix is going to do the rest of this year? I say not a damn thing more than they've done. They're gonna be an average team, They're gonna make it to the postseason. They're gonna take their ass home. That's what I believe about the Phoenix Suns. I hope I'm wrong because KD is great and Bill is good people and Devin Booker I just got love for that brother. He's special. And I think bulldenh Hosts is a hell of a coach. It's a championship coach. We know this. He beat Phoenix for the championship. Crime alive. It would be nice to see them make a run. I just don't see it. And as a result, they're gonna have to make a move and a likelihood is that they're gonna move Kevin Durant. So where would be the ideal place for KD to be? And the last year of this deal paying in fifty four million, And by the way, somebody should give him an extension because he's great and you know that for the next all he wants to do is who He only to be bothered with anything else, but he loves the hoop and that's what he gets paid to do. So guess what you get your money's worth? Who should get him. I would love it if my Knicks could. I think I might cry. I think I got to cry on national television if KD landed in the New York Knicks and I don't give a damn what names he's caught me. I don't give it damn how much he might dislike me or whatever the case may be. I'd love him for life. If he was a New York you never hear me utter another negative syllable about that brother. I don't give a damn he passed gas, I'd call it perfume if he was in the New York Knicks uniform, and I ain't apologize if it to anybody. I'm telling you that right now. That's how desperate I am for the Knicks to win a championship. That's how desperate I am. And if KD came there, they call Anthony Towns and Jaylen Bruson didn't have to leave in order for KD to get there. NICKT, Yeah, yeah, Cleveland, Boston, what bring him on? That's how excited I would be. But I'm just fantasizing. Got to think about the other teams KD and Miami wouldn't be bad, wouldn't be bad. I'm just saying, wouldn't be bad at all. I think about that. You know what else I've thought about as crazy as the Sound Ladies and Gentlemen since Sam Presty seems to know how to do everything as an executive but win the championship. Everything but win the championship, wins the Vision crowns, win playoff series, accumulates an all star caliber roster, always got a superstar tour on the squad. He seems to know how to do everything but win a championship. Know what I would do if you Oklahoma City? I know he left Oklahoma City just like he left Golden State. Actually was a little bit worse than that, because he was up three to one and the Western Conference Finals lost the three one lead, lost to the Golden State Warriors, and then joined them a month later. I get all of that, but that was a long time ago, byguns and Bygnes, who has more assets to offer than the Oklahoma City Thunder. If I'm Phoenix, I reach out to Oklahoma City to try to get some of those assets this summer, because if I pull that off, and I got Shay Gilders, Alexander with k D and Jalen Williams, and I still keep Chet Holmgren as well, and possibly Hartenstein. She you definitely talking that championship in Oklahoma City then, and they got the assets to do it thanks to Kawhi Leonnett forcing the Clippers to get blackmailed and give up. And okay, see gives up Paul George for all of them damn assets, which included Shae Gilgers Alexander by the way, along with the bevy of other things that Russell Westbrook dial has studyed and so on and so forth. I'm just saying, if I'm Oklahoma City, if I'm Phoenix, definitely, if I'm Oklahoma City, I strongly think about that. I really really do. Coming up asap, Rocky is found not guilty in his fellow in the assault trial, much to the delight of him and his partner Rihanna. Plus Nike announces a partnership with maybe the most famous woman on planet Earth. But first, my buddy Chris Cuomo has some strong words on Elon Musk and the Department of Government Efficiency. This week. He'll join me next to discuss what's fantasy and what's reality when it comes to Musk claims got another item to get into involving NBA All Star weekend. But before I do that, a word from my sponsor, Prize Picks. Okay, folks, I need you all to stop what you're doing and listen up. You know I love this time of year right The NBA season is in full swing and with all this action going on, The Steven A. Smith Show wants to make sure you take advantage of it all. That's why we've partnered with Prize Picks, the best place to win cash while watching sports. The app is easy to use. Just pick more or less on a few player stats and you could win up to one thousand times your cash on a single lineup. Best of All Prospects will give you fifty dollars when you play your first five dollars lineup. Wanna lose You'll get fifty bucks for playing. Use promo code SAS and download the app now again. Download the app and use code sas to get fifty dollars instantly after your first five dollar lineup. Prize Picks. Run your game today, I'll give you my picks for some NBA stars who are back in action following the NBA All Star break. First up, New York Knicks take on the Chicago Bulls on Thursday night. Will Jalen Brunson score more or less than twenty eight and a half points. I'm going with more. I don't think the Bulls are that good. I certainly don't think they're that good. Defensively, Jalen Brunson is on a roll. This is the latter part of the season. Stuff is getting thick. They're fighting to maintain the third seed, possibly climb to the number two seeds. You never know. I think it's one of those situations where looking at Jalen Brunson and the New York Knicks going up against the Bulls, I think he'll score more than twenty eight and a half points. The brother puts up thirty in to sleep these days. Next up, Chicago's Nicole Vucevic scores more or less than seventeen and a half points. I'm gonna go with more on this. When the Brother can shoot, he's not a scrub. He can play. I don't think he's the most rugged big man in the game. He's not gonna score a whole bunch of points in the post, but he can put in some buckets. He can hit from the free throw line. As well. I'll give him that. I'll go with more on that particular answer. Next, the Atlanta Hawks take on the Orlando Magic, also on Thursday night. Will Trey Young score more or less than twenty eight points? Normally I would say yes to him, say more, But in this particular instance, I'm gonna go with yes. The fresho off the All Star break, he could be a little rusty. Orlando plays defense. They're a team to be reckoning with. They've got sizeable defenders, which I think can be problematic for him. And I think in the first game back, this is one of those games where I could see him scoreing less than twenty eight points. I'm gonna go with that. And finally, Orlando's Polo ben Kiro scores more or less than twenty four points. I just think the brothers a stud. I'm a huge fan of Ben Cairo. The brother can borrow. I think that they would have had a chance to knock off Cleveland in the first round last year in a Game seven if he wasn't so completely exhausted and devoid of help for crying out loud. This brother is a star. He's a future star in the league. I love Polo Ben Carroll. I think that he's definitely going to score more in this particular situation. So let's go back and revisit the four once and for all before I move on. Okay, we got Jalen Brunson with more. Okay, we got Nicola Vucevic with more, we got Trey Young with less, and Paulo ben Kiro with more more more so than less. That's the way it works with prospects. That's why you always get paid, you feel me. Another item I needed to get to before I went to break was the news that just came down while I'm sitting here doing this show taping it earlier this afternoon. Headline from front Off Sports reports NBA All Star Game ratings second least watched ever are down thirteen percent. Misseasons Showcase averaged four point seven million viewers across TNT platforms, down thirteen percent compared to last year, according to Front Office Sports media and entertainment reporter Ryan Glasswiegel. It's the second least watched NBA All Star Game, ahead only of the twenty twenty three All Star Game, which drew four point six million viewers. The last three NBA All Star weekends have all averaged under six million viewers, the only three in NBA history that have not breached that threshold. This is bad, ladies and gentlemen, This is not good, it says. The league also competed against SNL's SNL fifty the special fiftieth anniversary episode of Saturday Night Live on NBC, which by the way, owns the rights of the NBA All Star Weekend start next season. That drew fourteen point eight million viewers for SNL fifty, two hundred and two percent than its usual viewership this season, and obviously fourteen point eight million NBC, yet only four points you know, was it four point seven million on TNT. Also keep in mind, not only does SNL fifty beat NBA All Star Weekend ratings, you know what else beat them? Do you know what else beat them? NHL's Four Nations faceoff match between the United States and Canada. All Right, they said, we drew four point four million viewers on ABC, so it almost beat them. Didn't beat them, but it overshadowed them. Why is this so bad? It's so bad because we're talking about players who have been accused of being entitled and getting their bag and don't give a shit. About the product. We're talking about stars that don't care. We're talking about effort. See, if it was anything other than effort, then the product is a product than it is what it is. But when it's because of effort, there is no greater indictment than that. There's no greater indictment than that. And that's how we have to look at this. Anthony Edward's sick, couldn't play, got it. He came there feeling good, didn't feel good for the game. Understood Lebron James. A lot of people have been getting on them because they don't believe he just knew at the last minute. He knew he wasn't gonna play, but he told the NBA league late because he wanted to inconvenience them. That's what people are saying. I don't know whether that's true or not. I'm gonna I'm not gonna accuse Lebron James or that. I will say, However, I find it very hard to believe he didn't know until it was too late for them to bring somebody else to All Star Weekend. I mehan, you consider some of the things that are transpired in some of the ways he's handled things over the years. It's gonna be very interesting to see Lebron James whether or not he's gonna get to own an NBA team. It's gonna be very interesting to see if the NBA is going to allow that to happen, because you got a lot of people that are salty about him. I'm just letting you know what I know. Either way you slice it, you know what, I believe. I believe one or two things should happen. I believe there should be a nationwide slam dunk contest. Me and a few sponsors and others who want to get in on the mix to make sure something like this happens. Go throughout the country and find the best, the ten best slam dunkers in the country, and then bring them all the All Star weekend. And when you bring them all the All Star Weekend, then what you do is you turn around. He said, you know what, a million dollars for the first prize, half a million dollars for the second prize, one hundred thousand for third place. We got people dying in the streets, so less you know what cats would do to put themselves in a position to win a million dollars, half a million dollars, one hundred thousand dollars you have any idea and get the players to sponsor them. Yeah, you're an All Star. I got this guy. I got this guy. This is who I'm supporting. I think he's gonna win. I think he's gonna win. I think he's gonna win. That's how you do that. That way, the players don't have to dunk themselves. They just sponsored dudes who do. It would be a good good feel. You have a lot of people out there that have the potential, a lot of people who need the money, who could use the money. It would be beautiful to watch. And I promise you as impressed as I was with macl McClung, mister g League himself, a three time champion, you'd have dudes that do an even better job than that. Outside of that, the All Star Game itself, it wouldn't bother me at all if it was done away with. Yeah, they showed a little more effort this time, but the fact that all of that had to be done just to get you to show effort bump it. Just name an All Star lem going vacation, because clearly we can find better things to watch on television. If God's gonna lill the gag around and I give effort, That's all I'm saying. Coming up asap, Rocky is found not guilty and its fellow the assault trial, much to the delight of him and his partner Rihanna. Plus, Nike announces a partnership with maybe the most famous woman on the planet Earth. But first, my friend, the one and only Chris Cuomo has some strong words on Elon Musk and the Department of Government Efficiency. This week, you'll join me next to discuss which fantasy and what's reality when it comes to mister Elon Musk himself and his claims. All of that and more next right here when Steph n Smith Show don't go away, hight everybody listen up with all the big time sports action that's happening each and every day, The Stephen Nate Smith Show wants to make sure you are taken advantage of it all. That's why we've partnered with the Prize Picks, the best place to win cash while watching sports. The app is really easy to use. To make a lineup, all you have to do is pick more or less on a few player stats. Choose from any of your favorite players, Luka, Doncic, Jimmy Butler, and Zach Lavine all in the same entry. Then sit back and watch. The list is absolutely endless. You can play Prizepects in over forty states, including California and Texas. Best of all, Prizepects will give you fifty dollars when you play your first five dollar lineup. Wanna lose, You'll get fifty bucks. Just use promo code says and download Prize Pects right now again, download the app and use code sas to get fifty dollars instantly after your first five dollars lineup Prize Picks, run your game. Welcome back to Steven Ni Smith Show. You know my buddy Chris Clmo has been on News Nation all week long discussing Elon Musk in the Department of Government Efficiency, a subject that has spurned a lot of debate nationwide. He started by breaking down some falsehoods regarding claims about USAID. Take a listen to this please.
Speaker 1: Did USAID send two million to Guatemala for sex change surgeries?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: First, they only got three hundred and fifty grand and the money went for a lot more than surgery. We help poor countries. Is that now bad? And if you say, yeah, America, First, why do you think we do it if we stopped? Do you really believe that what goes bad there doesn't affect us here?
Speaker 2: Here's a hint.
Speaker 1: Most migrants are leaving what distressed places less distressed there, less need to come here. Okay, so you look at the next one, fifty five million to strengthen Libya's whatever financial Did we do that? Yeah? But why didn't mass tell you the project started during the Trump administration? Why would he leave that out? He want you to get angry about something, but not blame the guy who did it. Same thing with complaining about money for tourism in Egypt. Trump did it. So if it's so stupid, is in Trump the stupid one? Or does he really believe you are because he doesn't think you're gonna check?
Speaker 2: How about that? How about that? The latest flash point in the slashing of government entities surround Social Security. Who's getting paid and whether or not some recipients may be long gone from this earth. Clomo had something to say about that as well.
Speaker 1: Take a listen, and now he's claiming massive fraud at Social Security administration. Now this program matters, but not to him because he's already botching it in favor of heat over light. He shared this screenshot. All the Maga and the pod bros with their ski caps and their big cans on their head went crazy. Look at this. Millions of people above the age of one hundred are receiving Social Security.
Speaker 5: This is the.
Speaker 2: Biggest fraud ever.
Speaker 1: This was to back up the claim in the Oval Office that many people receive Social Security are falsely aged one hundred and fifty years old. What a scam, so stupid?
Speaker 2: How did we miss it?
Speaker 1: Because it's bs We did some basic research and once again the situation with Social Security is not what mister Musk suggests. Social Security uses this antiquated computer language called cobal cobol. Now on that system, if a birth date is missing, it automatically codes for May twenty, eighteen seventy five. Why this old story that goes with it, But that's the answer. Eighteen seventy five is one hundred and fifty years ago. I thought he had these genius coders. They didn't know that? Or is he just guessing that you wouldn't know that and you wouldn't find out.
Speaker 2: Again, it's the ladder, It's the ladder. It's an accusation on my part because I'm not inside the head of Elon Musk, but certainly clear appears to be the case. The reality is is that when you look at the Department of Government agency, I don't have a problem with it in theory. I have a problem with who's been put in place to oversee it. First of all, Elon Musk isn't a government employee. He's basically a consultant to the president. He isn't somebody that needed to be confirmed by the Senate or anything like that. He's not receiving a check, so essentially he gets to operate with relative impunity. Now, of course, the President, Donald Trump has said on the record, I will be watching him, I will be supervising him. Trust me, trust me, trust me, and the cult like following that he has. Clearly people are going to do that because their mentality is that he's the president of the United States. He's the forty seventh president of the United States of America. He wanted a fair and square election. Rather convincingly, regardless of what the Democrats want to say about it, was the only forty nine point eight percent of the forty eight point three percent Demnity won convincingly and he has a mandate, even though they want to try to say he doesn't have a mandate. When you win all the swing states, when you improve in democratic graphics like the blacks, the Latinos, the young voters, when you've upgraded in fifty counties for crying out loud, no, you've won convincingly. That's what it is. And because he has that trust, he's able to get away with saying that for now. But when you see the kind of latitude that Elon Musk has at his disposal, when you see the access to private information that ultimately he is going to get, at least purportedly, so it does make you a bit nervous. It really really does. Not to mention the fact that some of the stuff that he has said is not true, as Chris Wolmore pointed out, social security not true, Guatemalia, that surgeries in Guatemala not true, Tunaisia not true. What else is not true? I don't know how much money was legitimately wasted. I want to know the answer to that question. Not only do I want to know how much money has been w I want to know who wasted it, Who appropriated those funds to certain places. Was it legit? Was it excessive? What money is missing? How much is missing? Where did it go? I want to know all of that. That's just me. That's how I feel about it. And all I'm gonna tell you is is that again. I'm gonna remind you I'm a registered independent. I'm gonna remind you. You've seen Joshapiro on this show. Governor philid Pennsylvania. You've seen Wes Moore on this show, Governor of Maryland. You've seen Eric Adams on this show, Mayor of New York. But you've also seen Byron Donald on this show. You've seen Sean Hannity on this show. Megan Kelly is invited on this show. Marco Rubio is invited on this show. I'm gonna give you the names of the people I personally want Megan Kelly, Marco Rubio, Pete Haig, Seth jd Vance Vice President jd Vance, Senator Ted Cruz because I've always wanted to talk to him, Senator Lindsey Graham as well. I like Lindsey Graham sometimes, and of course the President himself, Donald Trump. I'm not really that interested in talking to Elon Musk. Let him do what he does. I'm talking about the elected officials, the people that the American people chose or elected officials confirmed. Talk about those dudes. That's what I want to see, That's what I want to talk to. I don't want anybody to think for one second that you're watching this show and all you want to see is liberals, Democrats, etc. Bill O'Reilly's been on this show. He's coming back on. I want Andrew Cormo on this show too. In light of the charges being dropped by the DOJ forcing the Southern District of New York to drop those charges against every Adams, I want him back on. Nobody's running, nobody's hiding, but nobody's gonna be unfair either. But this stuff, the Department of Government efficiency, that's not very efficient when you look at what Chris Crmo pointed out, it's not very efficient at all. And since this man is so brilliant and being utilized by a president because of his brilliant I don't expect mistakes, which means, if they are one, are you as efficient as the president claimed? And if you're not, if that's not it, will you purposefully, purposefully or purposely disingenuous, just a legitimate question. Joining me now to discuss all of this and to try to provide some clarity is none other than the man, the myth, the legend himself, my brother, the one and only Chris Cmo. What's going on?
Speaker 1: Big time? How are you?
Speaker 2: Stephen A is one of one. It's good to see you, man, It's good to see you. I can't say enough about how much I appreciate it. I played the sound of you, footage of you talking on your show Cuoma on News Nation every weeknight at eight pm easton Standard time. I played the clip of you talking about DOGE and talking about social Security, talking about supposed gender surgeries and Guatemalia and all of this other stuff. As you sit back and reflect to zero in on DOGE itself, why did you feel the need to do so? And what have you gathered from your research about the Department of Government efficiency?
Speaker 1: So let's start with what should be obvious. Everybody should be in favor of finding waste, fraud and abuse, and the idea that I'm inclined or anyone should be inclined to be against the effort reeks of partisan politics. So of course this is great, and nobody has ever failed to find waste fraud and abuse, different name, different ways, every administration, Reagan, Clinton, Obama, everybody has let's find waste fraud and abuse, and they have found it. Every time government is huge, mistakes are going to be made, Intentional errors are going to be made. Dooze does not bother me as an effort doesn't bother me. That they're using an outsider bothers me a little bit. That they keep being wrong about things, and it starts to smell like they are intentionally trying to get people to think that everything government does sucks and that is irresponsible. And it feels like more heat than light. And if the reason we're bringing on in Elon instead of having Congress do it is because he's better at it, why does he keep getting it wrong? And now they say they're going to give out a five thousand dollars diffidend by giving us twenty percent of two trillion dollars or whatever the number is. They don't know what the number is. I thought this was about getting the deficit down. Now they're saying they're going to give us checks. It reeks of overpromising and setting up and under delivery. So that's my angle on it. Efficiencies are good, finding waste for aud abuse great. The fact that Trump is doing it, so what, it's not bad just because he's doing it or Elon Musk is doing it, But how they do it matters. And all this hype stephen A, it bothers me.
Speaker 2: What do you think the intent is? Assuming that they're getting these things wrong and they're doing it purposefully, they're being disingenuous about it. What could possibly be the benefit from doing that? Is that painting the government as corrupt because it will facilitate Trump's agenda down the line leading into the midterms. What could it be?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's it. Musk hates government. He has said it many many times, many different ways. He has obvious personal incentive to pretend that there's a better way than our government. And you know, you got to read the disconnect between the Musk and the Oval Office, who Steven I was very impressed by. We talked about it a little bit in private that I thought he was really good. I thought it was bad for him because I thought he outshined the president and you know what happens when we do that. But the difference between him there and on Twitter. I mean, he's just like you know, just in the amplification of absurdity business on Twitter. And I don't believe he can be this wrong this often, so I think it's intentional. And the responses always give him time. Give them time. It's not about time. Telling the truth isn't about time. Showing receipts of what you say you found isn't about time. You can do it in real time. I'm not coming after them about the price economy. I know two and three people think he should spend more time on it. I know that people are worried that prices are going the wrong way. I know that he promised something that he didn't deliver, which was quick change. I'm not chasing him on that because I knew he was the FOS when he said it during the campaign, because I knew it would take time. And we'll see what his policies do. He hasn't even had a budget in yet, so I'm being reasonable about it. But what they can do right now, they should do right now, and that's showing receipts. Let me see where these dividend checks are going to come from.
Speaker 2: I don't buy it, how concerned are you by the Democrats reaction on Capitol Hill? We saw the protest, We saw people being a bit vociferous, to say the least, and saying some things that I didn't think was the most advisable thing to say. I think they came across as people that were still campaigning, as opposed to recognizing this is the new power and office. Y'all lost. There's a different mandate and you got to accept at him and might be and might be inclined to act a little bit differently, but that's not what transpired. How do you feel about what you've seen from the humans of the world and others on Capitol Hill?
Speaker 1: I can't put it any better than that they're still in campaign mode. Sounds right. It seems like anything that Trump or Musk does they have to condemn, and they have to condemn it on the basis of the people personally. Trump is a Nazi, Musk has apartheid roots, and to me, it just proves they haven't learned their lesson yet that they should be in a better idea business and they do seem like they're defending the status quo. They're just defending the establishment, and I don't think that's where you want to be right now. You want to be in the business is better, and they seem like they're still in the business of painting the other side as worse. And a little of it that sounds like semantics or rhetorical device, but I don't think it is. I think it reads to people as Listen, I don't like the guy either, or maybe I do, but either way it doesn't matter. I just want stuff to get better for me and my family. Are you about that? Or you're just about comparative advantage over the other side, And they have to find a better answer to that question. And you know, there's a lot of this going on over there's a lot of hand ringing going on on the left, and to me, that's almost like masturbatory. You know, it's not really about getting them to a better place. When they are at their best. Democrats, they are speaking to the masses with dynamic messengers who are taking on the hard work of showing that things can be more light than dark. The Republicans starting with the you know in our Lifetime the Contract with America nineteen ninety three for Nu Gingrich him saying that Republicans need to learn how to get mean, and they took toughness as an advantage and it has worked well for them. The Democrats are not going to win a bully contest, They're not going to win a tough guide contest, and they shouldn't want them be in the business of better You want to find efficiencies? Awesome. If I were they, I'd say, can't wait for the dividend check where are you getting it from? Because we have some ideas. You say you're going to find two trillion dollars. I think you got to get rid of the DOJ, the Department of Education, and a huge chunk out of Medicare Medicaid and a twenty five percent decrease in Social Security contributions back to the people who paid in to reach that number. Is that your plan? That's what they should be doing, But that's not what they're doing. So you're right to call it out.
Speaker 2: Is it possible based off of what you just explained that that's why the false information is being put out there by Musk to some degree and obviously Donald Trump, who says that he's watching him personally, because I'm thinking, if this is the kind of thing that can spark outrage from the Democrats. Right, then you get the Democrats to act that way, and then you're able to say, see, look at them, same old, same o. They just don't get it, and they'll probably act in this way because we're noticing the kind of corruption that was taking place on this side while they were running this country. Is it possible that that's the incentive behind all of this?
Speaker 1: I don't think it's possible. I think it's probable. The last part. I mean, look, doesn't it sound like that to you? Doesn't it sound how like everything they find is kind of on the Democrats. I mean, you know, one of the interesting points of analysis that we've done, and I'm telling you, look, I have a team and on my own enterprising I can dig very deep into things with sources and research. I have not had to do that here. To find that some of the things that they're calling out as waste or crazy or whatever adjective you want to put on it started under Trump and they're just ignoring it. Shows you what this is really about, is that it's about blaming Democrats for the status quo, and I think the Democrats are playing right into it. And could you.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, go ahead? I'm sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 1: I just feel like AOC is the crystal is a of this for me. And again I'm not anti AOC. I respect her pursuit of passion. I respect that she's built this big platform for herself. I think she's got a lot more reach than resonance, meaning I don't know that what she says matters as much as the number of her following. But I think she's kind of the poster boy right now for handling this the wrong way.
Speaker 2: And why what specifically has she done when you mentioned her handling it the wrong way?
Speaker 1: She seems to be an apologist for the set quo and everything with her is personal. Musk is dumb, Trump's an asshole, you know whatever it is. It's like, ah, like you're talking about somebody at a fraternity party, you know, as opposed to being a leader and having a better way and showing that you have better ideas. Proving that Elon and Musk are imperfect is going to be easy. The problem is nobody thinks you're perfect either. And in fact, as you said, and I got to tell you, I said it that the time I said it repeatedly on TV off TV Man, did you nail it? On Bill? Maher's show by saying that not only did they get beaten by a guy who's one of the most unpopular politicians in modern history, but the Democrats have to wake up to the proposition that more people thought that Donald Trump reflected normalcy more than the Democrats do. I mean, you know when you said that, every once in a while, when it comes to like the pursuit of thought and reason and understanding, somebody just puts it right and it just hits you, like when you get just enough salsa on a chip. You know, I'm talking about, when you get just enough case of on the chip where you're like, that's why I'm here. That was that line. That's exactly what happened. More people thought that Donald Trump reflected normal more than the Democrat offerings, and that when you very embarrassed.
Speaker 2: Now when when you talk about what Trump did, what programs he started that fell in the usaid, can you be specific about what those programs are based on?
Speaker 1: A couple of the like the Core in Egypt thing that they came out with where we gave all this money to tour Egypt. You know, it was unstarted under him. There was a couple of those other programs. Now here's what Trump has, then nobody else gets the benefit of. If this was on stephen A. Smith, and I said, hey, steven A, you did that too, You'd have a problem. Not Trump, whether it's the vaccine or the boosters or anything. Trump gets a pass. Why does Trump get a pass when nobody else gets a pass? Because he is seen differently by by his base. Most bases see their people as their agents. He is their spirit animal. He is their ambition to disrupt and destroy what they believe against them. So they will not go bad on him because that would be them going bad on that ambition, and that's not gonna happen. So being in the Trump subs business is a bad business.
Speaker 2: You're in great shape, you got your big chest out, in your arms and everything like that. The top, the word on the top says angry. That's on your shirt. Why why are you wearing that shirt?
Speaker 1: Because I love the podcast that PJ. Rykoff does and it used to be called The Angry American now it's called The Independent Americans. But I believe in anger, anger as passion of pursuit, not anger as animus. You know you wouldn't have me on you know, Steven, you're a tough guy. You're a strong guy, but you're a sweet guy. You don't like bullies, you don't want to hear bullies, and not even do I But anger is a good thing. If you're angry about something, good, work harder at it. If you're angry about something, great, change it. If you're angry about something, use that passion, use that enter, use that provocation to get yourself to a better place. There's nothing more satisfied than saying, oh, you don't think I can. You don't think I can do this. Now you kissed me off, and I'm coming for you. I'll prove it to you. Great. It's all how you direct it. I have no problem with people being outraged. There are a lot of things that are outrageous. There are a lot of things that are enraging. I'm enraged. I'm enraged at myself. I'm angry at me for not being able to make things more clear, make them more obvious, be more productive about how I help people be critical thinkers and make their own choices instead of getting pushed into silos. So I'm cool with anger. It's just how you direct it.
Speaker 2: With that being said, I mean as we go on from here. I'm just thinking along the lines of where is the Democratic Party gonna go? Should you shut up and let Trump do his thing, expose himself probably before the midterms, which would position you to make some noises and kind of recover some seats in the House. Or do you raise Holy Hell orbeit in a different way than you've been doing. If you're the Democratic Party, where do they go from here? In light of what we're seeing from Trump and Musk specifically, they.
Speaker 1: Have to be in the business of better They're gonna have opportunities in the budgeting process to show that one Trump is being pushed to do things that he said he wouldn't do. Okay, you know, there's a common phenomenon in politics where people sometimes most times they're motivated to their own self interest. Okay, sometimes they're motivated to something that's against their self interest. And that is happening in the MAGA movement. If this guy gets convinced, and I don't like to give him the excuse, but this is just how I see the dynamic. If the Republicans get him to take a bite out of Social Security, a bite out of medicaid, I'm not talking about waste, frawd and abuse. I'm talking about bone, not fat, Okay, I'm talking about muscle bone. I think that there is an opportunity in that to get back to the masses because medicaid, you can feel any way you want about it. Ever since they put it into practice in nineteen sixty five is an extension of the Social Security Administration. The need has only grown. Five out of eight people in nursing homes, one in ten people are what they call food and secure. We used to call it four hungry. One in six kids are medicaid. And it used to it was supposed to be like seventy thirty state money federal money. Now it's fifty to fifty and sometimes sixty five thirty five federal money. The states can't carry the load, and the Republican states, some of them tried to seem austere and refuse expansion during the ACA to kind of smite Obama, to spite him, not smite him. God does that. And they have referenda in some of those states because people need it. So they're going to be opportunities in the budgeting process for Democrats to be in the business. Are better that you don't have to cut medicaid. You don't have to cut for the poor when you can go after the rich without without creating pain the same way, they're gonna be opportunities. But if they're obsessed with playing gotcha and saying that everything he does is terrible, they're gonna stay right where they are and we're gonna have another aberration, which is a midterm cycle where the incumbent doesn't lose seats first time out. If they keep it this way, stephen A, that's what's gonna happen to them again, nothing changes. If nothing changes.
Speaker 2: Before I let you go, I'm not gonna say much without You're okay, but we've got an announcement to make tonight on on On On on Quomo on News Nation. What do you want to tell our audience before your your show tonight at eight pm East to stand the time on News Nation about these.
Speaker 1: Stephen A doesn't like this. Although my voice has gotten drowneded out in the chorus of just praise this guy gets.
Speaker 6: On a regular basis. I know he's paying for these pieces. I know he's paying for these pieces. Okay, but you know everybody wants stephen A to be president. I would never wish that on a friend, but I will say that I will say this.
Speaker 1: About what we're going to announce tonight. Nobody's ever done anything like it, because nobody has ever had the ambition of being on an even playing field with people who have different ideas. But it's absolutely what this country needs and will benefit from for this slice of the country that is open, critical thinkers who want ideas weighed and don't want to be siloed. They want to be exposed to really strong representations of different versions of what's happening. And why I believe that Stephen A. Smith is going to be in short order the hub of conversation in this country. Everybody wants to talk to him, disagree like, just like they all want to talk to him. That's his magic. God gives everybody something and it's gonna happen. And to be part of that, that growth of Stephen A. And is something that I believe we really need in our culture. More than I've ever even benefited from him in sport, and I have, I love him. He's made sports so much more enriching for me, nothing like what I think he's gonna do with public affairs. So what we're announcing tonight is a one of one thing that has a collaborative idea of partners, and I think it is gonna not only is it unique, right, which is always nice. It's nice to be part of something that hasn't been done, but I think it suits and needs Stephen that I think you feel uniquely. I got to figure out how I'm gonna provide value. But I know how You're gonna provide value just by how you dress.
Speaker 2: Well, please, please please, I get I have value because I listen to you. You make me look smart because all I do is copy what you're saying. That's how I do it. That's how I do it. I still all knowledge from you, my brother, That's what I do.
Speaker 1: I know you're paying for those pieces. I know.
Speaker 2: Here you go and I'll see you tonight.
Speaker 1: Man, I find out who pieces I'm gonna you like ugly on an eighth.
Speaker 2: There you stop it, stop it, Chris Cuomo, Man, love you, man, Appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I'll see you tonight.
Speaker 1: I love you.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being my right man. The one and only Chris Crawmo right here on the Stephen A. Smith Show, tonight, eight pm Eastern Standard Time, News Nation the announcement is coming. You'll know what I'm talking about when you see it coming up. Asap Rocky is found not guilty and it's Nike banking on Kim Kardashian to be there next. Michael Jordan will dive into that next, plus an update on Jay Z and I respond to questions from you, my fans and viewers right here up next to stephen A Show, Don't go.
Speaker 7: Away, Sis.
Speaker 8: If you're at court County of Los Angeles, you will see the California versus Keem Mayor's case BA five is err eighty one for two.
Speaker 7: That's zero wa we jury thebove entitled actually find a defendant Rocke Mayers not guilty.
Speaker 2: To Welcome back to the Stephen A. Smith Show. You saw the big news yesterday from the world of entertainment with rapper Asap Rocky being found not guilty in his fellow in the assault trial. On Tuesday, a Los Angeles jury acquitted the rapper who was accused of firing a semi automatic handgun at his former friend and ASAP Mob member Asap Rally in an altercation in November of twenty twenty one, of two charges of fella in the assault with the semi automatic firearm. After the first verdict was read, Rocky immediately jumped over the stand to hug his mother, sister, and partner Rihanna. He also told the jury quote, thank y'all for saving my life. Thank y'all for making the right decision. End quote. Rihanna expressed the gratitude following Roy he's a quitted, writing on her Instagram stories, the glory belongs to God and God alone. End quote. Asap, whose real name is Rakkeien Mayers, was facing up to twenty four years in prison. I found guilty. I don't know anything about this case other than what we just read to You don't know Asap Rocky at all. Don't follow him like that obviously. I know he's with Rihanna and they've got two beautiful children together and all of that stuff. I'm very very happy for them. I'm very very happy that he was acquitted. I was very nervous for him because he was in Los Angeles and the jury, and you know, when you live through Rodney King, you never let go of it. You never let go of it, Okay, because everybody ain't oj all right where you're gonna have a jury to let you off. They ain't like that, and so I'm very very happy for him, But I just wanted to take an opportunity to say something to him and to all the brothers out there who are living good lives, achieving big things. You do understand you're a target, right, You do understand that. I don't know anything about Asap rally, and I'm not casting any aspersures on them. Again, I don't know him. I know that they said, according to the reports, that he had conflicting testimony and that led to Asap Rocky being found now guilty. So I do know that. But in the end, what it really really comes down to is that brothers out here are doing big things. You're always a target, always a target, especially when you are a black man. We want to act like everything is equal, and everything's the same, everything ainte the same, everything you hate the same, trice is good to get half as much and all of this other stuff. Yeah, but you know what, guilty, intel proven innocent. That's something that comes with today's society that we live in. And there's a lot of people out there that were looking at Aside Rocky and thinking that I He's gonna end U in jail. What a beautiful, beautiful woman and a sensational artist you have as your woman, and Rihanna and y'all have a family together. And I'm not saying you're guilty of anything. I don't know what the hell hell I know is that you were found out guilty props to you. What I'm saying is, my brother, I want asap Rocky to think about those few tense moments, not even the months and the years, the months and the weeks and the days leading up to that verdict. I want you to think about when you were standing in between your lawyers and you were facing twenty four twenty five years in jail. I want you to hold on to that moment and remember you want to do everything in your life possible to make sure you are never in that position again. Somebody can't accuse you of anything. Live your best life. Understand that the life that you have is a life most people, most people on this earth, will only dream of. And I'm only speaking to you as a concerned big brother because of how my mother would speak to me. My mother, God Rest the soult I didn't give a damn what situation I found myself in her first question to me was always what did you do? I told this story years ago, I'll tell it again. I'm driving from a Pistons game. I'm driving through Troy, Michigan. I'm headed to the Romulus Marriotte at the airport in Detroit. I got three colleagues in the car with me. I got pulled over. Ultimately eight cops surrounded my car. I did nothing. I showed no resistance. It was completely unnecessary. I knew that the district attorney in the city I wanted to go after the damn offices. I thought it was excessive. They threw me in jail for four hours. Damn near four hours. One of my dearest friends working at CNN called every five minutes and why because bell was two hundred and fifty dollars. I had two hundred and forty one dollars and they wouldn't let me out because of nine dollars until she came calling. Her name was Audrey. She called every five minutes until the officer, after about three hours or so, came and said, I can't take the calls anymore. I can't take it. Just go and he let me out because he wouldn't let me out because of nine dollars, and knowing that I had a case, and knowing that I had an argument, and knowing that I was a position to make some noise. I went and I told my mom, and my mom said, what you do? Well, you mean what I did? What you speaking? I was not speeding, I wasn't doing anything. Why did they pull you over? When he pulled me over five minutes? Has been a license? Was your license suspended? You'd have to throw up my hands, That's what they told me. Carried out. My license was suspended because I had a fine to pay. But I paid the fine late, so there was a fifteen dollars late charge attached to it. But I didn't see the notice of a late charge. So even though I paid the ticket, I still owe the fifteen dollars for the late charge. And my mother said, if you paid it on time, it would not have been suspended and you would not have been arrested. In other words, it was on me. I tell that story because we don't hear that story enough that sometimes it's on you, even when you're not guilty of what you're being accused of. Sometimes it's on you because of the predicaments we keep ourselves in or put ourselves in. So, whether it's me, it's Asap Rocky, it's my nephew, Josh is anybody, let's make sure as black men we do everything we can to guard ourselves as men. Period. I take that back, White, black, Hispanic, don't all y'all, my brothers, just remember we want to do everything we can to avoid situations and circumstances. We don't want to find ourselves in precarious situations that could compromise everything we worked our entire lives for for that position to be in. That's my message to Asav Rocky. Other than I'm happy for you, my brother, I'm happy for Rihanna and your wonderful family. I wish you nothing but the best, my brother, nothing but the best. Before I get to Nike's big news, I want to update the story we discussed Monday, the sexual assault lawsuit against jay Z and Diddy being dropped. In addition to the strife this situation caused his family, jay Z is now alleging his business Rock Nation, missed out on deals worth twenty million dollars due to the legal action, and the filing just days before the case was dismissed connected to another lawsuit involving an attorney Tony Busby. Sean Carter had this to say, quote, mister Busby's actions undermined my relationship with other businesses in the sports and entertainment space. After mister Busby father the law or the media reported that other businesses could and their deals with the Rock Nation and forced one to speak out and address whether these false allegations would end our business relationship. My company, Rock Nation also lost other contracts that would have generated revenues of approximately twenty million dollars per year. You know why jay Z put that out because he's coming from mister Busby. He's coming for him. That's why jay Z put that out. I don't know. I haven't spoken to him. I'm just speculating, but that's what I believe is the case. And if it was just a one eight hundred lawyer coming after him, I don't know that to be the case with Buzzby or anybody else. But if that is the case, he messed with the wrong one. Because jay Z's coming twenty million dollars a year. Rock Nation makes a lot more money than I get that, but twenty million dollars a year is twenty million dollars a year, especially based off of false accusations. The case has been dropped. Jay Z has maintained his innocence. He's earned the right to be presumed innocent at this stage in point, especially before being before being accused of being guilty that much. I know He's coming for Buzby. He's coming for Busby. Another big celebrity story yesterday was the announcement of a partnership between Nike and Kim Kardashian's Skims Shape, where brand, amid a couple of down years in sagging stock prices, the sportswear giant shocked the world yesterday with the announcement of the collaboration. Nike Skims, which will launch globally in twenty twenty six, but will be released in secret retail locations and online this spring, is women's active wear. The partnership is significant because Nike has never partnered with an outside brand like this. Nike has even created a separate internal division of works specifically on Nike Skims, similar to how it runs it's seven billion dollar Jordan brand. Nike stock sawing immediate six percent jump after the announcement. First of all, congratulations to Kick Kardashian. You know, people try to sit up there and get it all the time. What I'm marveled at is she's clearly got a business acumen all of us sleep on because the girl knows how to make money. Now, numerous women that I've spoken to, they rave about Kim Kardashians. You know, sportswear they do. And these are women that are not inclined to be supportive of Kim Kardashian. They don't like how she got in the news all of those years ago. They don't like, you know, how you know she's always modeling or the reality show and you know, I mean, they talk about all of this stuff. There's a lot of women that hate on Kim Kardashian. It's never me. Let me be very very clear about that. I have no problems with Kim Kardashian whatsoever. You understand I'm saying, I like, I like her personality. She seems cool. I don't know her, but I like a personality. She seems really cool. She always talks nice and needless to say, she is not difficult to look at at all. But then when you take into account the Nike skims, this is what I'm told I don't know. I don't know, I don't know. Let me just tell you what I'm told. What I'm told is that is stuck. It touchses it to tummy in a little bit, and it formulates in shapes or dare I say, accentuates your figure and the same breadth of material is not too heavy and it's not too light, so you can lounge around with it on, or you can work out with it on, or you can just rocket in a very very casual way. I have not met any women out there that have complained about this woman. This woman, Kim Kardashians clothing gear, so more power to She's got a figure, she uses that to market her products. I see no problem with it whatsoever. I don't want to sound like Martin and steal his line for saying this, but all I'm gonna say is you go girl. Yes, I'm gonna say that. I ain't ad at all. And connecting with Nike, you could do worse. Six percent jump Nike, Nike stepping out of the box to relate itself to this brand. Kim Kardashian is a reliable brand. The Kardashians, period are a reliable, bland brand. We could talk all we want to. They're billionaires. These people got money because they've been business savvy. We say a lot of things about the Kardashians, we never talk enough about how business savvy they are. They know what they're doing and they know how to make money. My suggestion to all of you out there who don't who who don't mind making money, pay attention, pay attention. We can all learn from somebody, and Kim Kardashian has definitely qualified to teach. I'm just saying. I'm just saying, let me get to some tweets and some videos before I get on out of here. Please show me the first one. Please let me see it.
Speaker 9: So, my big question for you is, as a Steelers fan for as long as you've been and someone who really wants the team to succeed, do you feel that there is a way of flipping the team to be a success this year or do you think it's going to take multiple years to fix the mess that they have left the team in since Big Ben's retirement.
Speaker 2: Well, big Ben stayed around too long. You should have retired about two years earlier than he did. Get that out of the way for a Stember one number two not only did that happen, But I think the important thing to point out with Big Ben not really with him, but with the quarterback position. Steelers have really struggled to find Mitchell Trbinski, Mason Rudolph, Kenny Picketts and know all of this other stuff. I like Justin Fields, and I think that Justin Fields still might have some work to do. But it didn't escape me that he was in the starting line for the Steelers for the first five or six games or so, and that they won those games. Most of those games only had like one loss if I remember correctly. Plus he ran with the football, which is something we don't normally see Steelers quarterbacks doing in recent memory. So I'm happy about that. But I believe that the Steelers have an opportunity to get Ameron Rodgers. You take it. You got pickets, you got Fried Moved, you got Harrison Warren in the backfield, you got a decent offensive line, you got a leader like Mike Tomlin. Nobody's voice is gonna be loud in that locker room than his, And you got an elite defensive assumer. You keep teaching, hey, why you get Aaron Rodgers. You get Aaron Rodgers that's my deal with that. Next up, what we got this tweet. It's hard to see the Twitter handle, but let me ask you this, good afternoon, missus stephen A. If you could have only one, what would you choose? Captain America's Super Soldier Serum or Spider Man's power Me personally, believe it or not, I would tell you this. I would keep Spider Man's. Here's the reason why. As much as I love Captain America's Serum, and I went to see Captain America. By the way, major major propter Anthony Mackie and the crew. That was a damn good movie. Y'all should go see it. He did his thing. Major props to him. But let me say this to you. You know why I would pick Spider Man because Spider Man ages.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 2: I don't want to live forever. I don't want to be thirty years of age. Look, I don't want to be one hundred and fifty years old but still on this earth looking thirty. I don't want to be here when the old goes out and the new comes in. I want to die with my generation. That's what I want to do. I don't want to sit up there. I don't want. I don't want to be somebody that does that. That's just not me. So I would tell you I'm a verse to that me personally. I want the powers to speed, the agility to strength. Spider Man had all of that, but in the same breath, having said all of that, he aged too. He wasn't somebody that stayed the same while everybody else that he loved and cherished got old and withered away. So that's me with that. That's how I feel about it. Let's get to the next video.
Speaker 1: Please, Philip from North Carolina. But man, am I not happy with you?
Speaker 10: Kobe can't beat Top five because he played with Shaq Lebron lost in twenty eleven one all star on the team outscored by Jason Terry twenty fourteen losers to Tim Duncan thirty seven going on thirty eight, thirty seven.
Speaker 1: Going on thirty eight.
Speaker 2: When's the bubble ring?
Speaker 10: Then, don't even make the playing tournament with these two guys.
Speaker 1: Magic play with Kareem All.
Speaker 10: Five championships inherited. James Worthy, I will squash you in the goat debate, Brother squash.
Speaker 1: You bring me on the show.
Speaker 2: You won't squash me. You'd have no chance in hell of squashing me. But I like your enthusiasm, I like your delivery, and guess what, bro I am gonna bring you in the show, not even for this debate. I just like the way you roll, like your personality. I like that delivery is good. You might have a future in television, you might have a future in streaming. So I'm gonna bring you on. I got no problems with it whatsoever. But let's be very very clear. I'm not talking about KD was better than Kobe. Kobe's a five time champion. What I'm saying is you can't summarily dismiss that KD wasn't Cody, wasn't Kobe. When the brothers averaging the career twenty seven point three points, we gave me six to level with a seven to six wingspan. You know kat Trey, we know he's automatic in terms of his offensive prowess. You just can't dismiss it. As all I was trying to say, he has to be mentioned in your top ten of all time. This brother is one of the legitimately one of the top three or four scorers in the history of basketball. The numbers prove it. The efficiency proves it. Do you know that he is shooting fifty three percent of from the field forty percent from three point range since he came back from his Achilles teer. He's playing better since his Achilles tier as he has aged than he did when he was younger in Wreaking Havoc, So I don't think you can ignore that. And as much as we love Kobe and we reveal Kobe, let's understand why. Because he was an assassin, he was a dog. He wasn't trying to leave teams after being up three to one, losing the series and then joining them a month later. Nah, Kelbe, wasn't that dude? You understand? Kobe was a dude that accepted and embraced the challenge of the Lakers being his when Shock the party, and that's what he wanted, that kind of stuff, even though at one point he has to be traded, told me he'd rather go play on the planet Pluto then returned thes the Los Angeles Laker before they got the power Gasol deal done and got him up there and ship Kwame Brown out of town. These are the kind of things that happened in the end. Though Katie has nothing to sneeze at and we got to act like we gotta stop acting like we can't ignore that. That's all I'm saying, Bro. But again, I loved your delivery, and I am gonna bring you on the show just because I liked your delivery. It was very impressive. Next tweet what you got at time? Cap tails? Right, stephen A. Smith? If you could have lunch with one past US president, who would you pick? That's the easy one, Barack Obama, Barack Obama, she'd talk about. That'd be me, you know. Number two on that list would be Ronald Reagan. Ronald Reagan, but number one would be Barack Obama without question, you know, matter of fact, I take that back. Reagan would be three on the list. Trump would be number two because who knows what the hell he'd say over lunch. Who knows what the hell he'd say. I wouldn't mind having lunch with Donald Trump, okay, but it would be Barack Obama first than Trump, than Reagan. H W nine Clinton, I mean, I don't like just relacious within woman Marna Ka Lewinski. Remember when they did that imitation, you know, I mean, Clinton's kind of funny, but it had been b Obama Trump than Reagan. I think Trump, who knows what the hell he'd say, And I think uh Ronald Reagan. I think that he would. He would have said more than most think he would because he seemed like a people person. That's just me. Last video. What you got?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 5: What's up, Steven, I'm out here in New Orleans. Rob your Parker's your man, that's my co host, of course, the Odd Couple Fox Sports Radio. That's your good friend, Steven. Ain't help your boy out. Tell me how I'm gonna deal with him for the duration of our show, duration of his contract. Okay, you see, I got gray hairs kicking in all over the place. This is from me dealing with Rod for three hours a day, five days a week.
Speaker 2: So that's your man's help, your.
Speaker 1: Boy, Kelvin.
Speaker 2: You don't understand. You don't understand. Just the facts, just the facts. Okay, Look, okay, we're gonna pooh pooh that attitude. We're gonna poo poo that. That's not what we're going to do here on this show. I'm doing a Rob Parker imitation in case my audience doesn't know. That's how Rob Parker talks. Okay, for the odd couple on Fox Sports Radio. Rob Parker and I go back more than thirty five years. He's one of my best friends on the planet. I love him dearly. And Kevin, I think you're doing that outstanding job as his co host, especially following up being the successor to another one of my brothers, Christopher Broussard. Chris Broussard is one of the best human beings I've ever known in my life. Good people. So for you to be filling in his shoes says a lot about you, My brother, keep doing big things. But getting back to Rob Parker, let me tell you that right now, Rob Parker is one of the nicest human beings on the planet outside of his job. At his job, it's like a personality transplant kicks in and he just wants to slice and dice people up with no sympathy whatsoever. This dude is on another level. He's the first one to bring up Mickey Man to drinking drinking issues, you know, and when he was talking, nobody was thinking about talking about that, but Rob Parker brought it up. Rob Parker brings up everything you understand when you talk about a hater. That's Rob Parker. No, why, why, what are you talking about? That's not true. That's Rob Parker, that's him. He'll do it and you're like, what seriously, you know, and that's how he talks, and that's how he talks. And he's absolutely positively hilarious. Okay, sounds a bit slow when he talks, but he's brilliant. It's a really, really smart and educated brother. But he doesn't sound like that when he talks if you're listening to his voice, not his words, but his voice doesn't sound that. Everything is long and drawn out, Okay, like he's drooling or something. But don't underestimate that brother. Kelvin gotta sleep on one eye open dealing with that brother, because let me tell you something, you slip up, he gonna catch, he gonna catch. That's it for this edition of The Stephen A. Smith Show. Hope y'all enjoyed it. Thanks again to Kelvin for that interview. Anytime you're bringing up my brother, Rob park I'm happy about that, who, by the way, teaches at USC as well, so let's not forget that because a lot of students are benefiting from his tutelitic Thanks again to the one and Only Chris Cuomo for coming on the show with us as well. Really really appreciated time. That's it for this edition of The Stephen Nate Smith Show. I gotta sign off, y'all, but I'll hotlet y'all in a couple of days. Until then, Peace of love, everybody, Stephen A signing off.