Speaker 1: Wow, everybody, It's Tuesday, February eleventh, twenty twenty five. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. We want to play your favorite song, but people like to sue. It's me and man MG Marcus grand Joy by Michael I have Florio and Lakwan Jones and fellas. The football season is officially over?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: It is over? I mean like we're gonna roll right into next season because the NFL refuses to ever STFU. But you know, we're just gonna roll right into the next one. But this season, the twenty twenty four to twenty twenty five season, has ended. We will obviously talk about the Super Bowl on today's show, but general thoughts, I mean, like, did you enjoy the game? I'm gonna asking you, Florida, because you know, obviously I know you got some hate in your heart. Did you enjoy what you saw on the field on Sunday?
Speaker 2: Yes, very much. So I went into this game being like, I want to see the Chiefs win because then I could be like, Okay, yeah, the Bills didn't beat them, but in the last three years no one has. But I wouldn't have wanted to see the Eagles win, like a close nail biter, but seeing them stop a mudhole in the Chiefs for four quarters walk dry. Yeah, just like a Drake level l. The Chiefs took on Super Bowl Sunday and their fans, oh my god, and I understand why their fans are the cockies fans in football. They've earned that right. But they finally had to take it on the chin a bit. They had their come up and and the best part about it is their goat had to become the second best quarterback of all time pretty concretely in front of the actual goat, Tom Brady. It was a big day of l's for the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 1: Oh man, we will get in. I was to the game. We will get into you mentioned Drake. We will get into the halftime show as well on this episode. But look what I want to ask you, Well, first a couple of things.
Speaker 2: One, how do you want to start with this? Look? Well?
Speaker 1: One, let's let's you were actually in New Orleans for a couple of days last week. What was that like? What was the atmosphere like for a couple days you were down there?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it was great for my first experience in media row. You got to meet and see a lot of people, a lot of players that you love to see. I mean, guys were looking for you guys as well down there. I mean the guy came up to me, it was like, oh here, Lookwan, like you work with the younger Florio and.
Speaker 1: I'm like yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So it was great down there to be recognized and stuff like that and get some great content. And like me and Adam Rank, we roomed together down there, so we ended up meeting a couple guys at this bar. They're actually from Cork, Ireland, and we shared a couple of pints and one of the guys that we met is the Saints kicker and he's part of that international program of actually coming over and signing with a team. So shout out to Cork Ireland. I love our international listeners. They loved the pop and we're just gonna keep going, man, I mean, look, shout out to those guys. Get a point next time I see you guys at Combined maybe awesome.
Speaker 1: And by the way, this is just will send this out to the bobs if you guys are listening. People were hoping that we were gonna be at Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh look, let's sniff this and email it over.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, look like next year it's in Santa Clara. It's at Levi Stadium. If you're really worried about costs, we can drive. I'm sure my mom will let us crash at her house if we have to. Like I'm just I'm just look, I know we're trying to save money here as a network, I'm trying to do my part. Uh More importantly, lakwan, why are you wearing a blazer? And why do you have a giant rock on your hand? Listen, it's Super Bowl. I saw my coach in the pre show game. I never watched the pre show, but when you see my coach, Sean McVay looking good, head throw the blazer on. You see my rampage pin over here? And is that is I just saw a pin and like, yeah.
Speaker 2: Got this a super Bowl like ring? Because that's how big the super Bowl ring was Like.
Speaker 1: It looks like you have a thing of Jiffy pop on your hand. What is that?
Speaker 2: Is that a crunched up tinfoil? This is how big the ring looked?
Speaker 3: Like, Oh my god, I was like, did you see that rock on his hand?
Speaker 1: My goodness, Yeah, you know, look, we do a pod. We were all remote, we're all from home. Yeah, most of the time. Where you show up here, we're again hoodies and you know, probably sweats or basketball shorts. I log on, I see Lakwan and a blazer with a collared shirt, Like, what did I miss a memo? What what is happening here?
Speaker 2: The best part is I log on and Lakwan's like, to our producer Kyrie, He's like, oh man, look at that loud shirt your rocket And I'm like, but but look at you, like you're wearing a bald tinfoil and a.
Speaker 1: Blazer for a remote podcast.
Speaker 2: What was Sabrina's thoughts on that ring?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Geene s yet. Actually, I got to put this back.
Speaker 3: This is a jello mini snack for my kids, exactly Mason's favorite. It's the strawberry kuin. So I'm definitely gonna put this zack.
Speaker 2: It's actually use goodness, it's where our lunches.
Speaker 1: This show is going to be so off the rails today. All right, we're gonna dive into the super Bowl. Obviously it's gonna be a big chunk of the show. But want to start with some news because there has been actual non Super Bowl related NFL news over the last few days since we last spoke with you, the biggest one. It was expected all weekend. It seems like as as we are recording this show that it is actually becoming official now. But Kellen Moore will be the new head coach of the New Orleans Saints. I've obviously been an offensive coordinator for a number of years, has had some success. Now is the I guess, former offensive coordinator of the reigning Super Bowl champions. So he goes down to New Orleans with the hope that he can revive the Saints, get that offense going again, get this team back successful again in a division this is still pretty winnable and when you look at the team's top to bottom there So I'm gonna ask this if you, Lakwan, because you have been very vocal about Chris Olave, is this enough to get you back on board with Chris Olave?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: We were texting what's that name of that sachral bag that we were gonna call it?
Speaker 2: Because oh the.
Speaker 1: Oh what is it? I remember the Chalice of hater Ad. I think what I have? I mean there was something else though we had a different name, but me, I'll scroll through our text and try to find.
Speaker 3: Like, I don't hate Chris Olave. I just feel like for fantasy I can't ever draft him because of just the concerns of just the overall offense and obviously his health is definitely going to be you know, a red flag when it comes.
Speaker 2: To his ADP as well.
Speaker 3: But more so, they don't really have a quarterback down there that makes me excited about him hisself. Where you have Derek Carr, there, you have Spencer Rattler. I'm not sure that any of these guys can create scoring opportunities, even with Kellen Moore as the offensive coordinator. So it's like I'm not really like, yay Kellen Moore, Chris o'lave. It's more so of like, are they going to get a quarterback in there? I mean, look, welcome to New Orleans, Jalen Monroe. I mean if they end up drafting him in the second round, the early second round, which they have an early picked there, then okay, I can get a little bit more excited that this offense has somewhat of a scoring opportunity to where we could see the touchdowns from Chrystal Lobby, because that's always been his biggest enemy.
Speaker 1: So I feel back to curtin a little bit. I know that we haven't really gotten into our draft content a lot, but I know that you have said, at least privately between us, that you're big on Jylen Milroe, like he's a guy that you are excited about watching and seeing in the NFL. So if that could be interesting potentially, if that happens. The other thing is the satchel of discontent. You didn't you didn't want to use the phrase hate bag. You thought it was not necessarily friendly enough, So I came up with the satchel of discontent.
Speaker 2: I love that satral discontent.
Speaker 1: There is a satchel would go very well with that blazer. Thank you, Thank you guys, Indiana Jones. Where's a satchel? I mean, look, how are you Florio?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: Like obviously I don't see a move away from Derek Carr, at least in the short term. Alvin Kamara is going to be a year older. He's not been super productive over the last couple of years. Is Kellen Moore enough to get you mildly excited about this offense?
Speaker 2: Really, Chris Olave, maybe Rashid Shaheed, like Lakwan, I have been out on a Lave in the past, but so much of that is because of where you had to take him, Like I was not comfortable taking Chris O Lave in the early second round because of all of the reasons, Lakwan said. Derek Carr I do not believe is the type of quarterback to elevate the type of wide receiver that Chris ol Lave is. I mean, two years ago, Derek Carr led the league in checkdowns from a clean pocket, like he is not looking to air the ball downfield. But look, things are gonna change. I pulled up Fantasy Pro's early PPR wide receiver rankings and Olave's wide receiver twenty five. So if I could get him now as a wide receiver three at a big discount for what it has cost in past years, and you get Kellen Moore, who I'm a sucker for because he runs a very fast paced offense. He likes to air it out. Even though this year the Eagles were just like, all right, we have sake one and you don't, so we're just gonna run the ball all the game, he does like to air the ball out and run a fast paced offense. So if you're giving me a Lave at a discount, and this is by far the cheapest he's ever been, I will buy back in. But if people, if we get it to August, like we tend to do, when people start being like, oh my god, Chrystal Lave has Kellen Moore, I'm pulling him back up to like a high end wide receiver two. Then then I'm out again.
Speaker 1: I get the feeling it won't even be a your chrysal o'lave has Kellen Moore. It'll be that he hovers around wide receiver twenty five for a good long time, and then one day we're gonna wake up. Because here's the thing. You guys know this, and I'm sure you guys listening know this as well. On random days, it just the conversation just becomes about one player, and it won't necessarily have to connect to anything. It's just that somebody wakes up in the morning and will tweet about, you know, Chris Olave, and then suddenly that's the conversation for forty eight hours. And I just get the sense that we'll get to a point and somebody will say or somebody's multiple people will say Wow, Chris o'lave, a wide receiver twenty five is really undervalued, and then a week later he's wide receiver seventeen, you know, or something like that. Like that that tends.
Speaker 2: To be I call that the Game Davis effect. There's that stretch in this summer where every day is just like one player day in Fantasy Twitter, and there will come like July sixteenth will be like Chris Olave day, and everyone will pull them up the board. You know, I'm gonna schedule a tweet right now.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna say, I'm just scheduling it's randomly somewhere in June, and we're gonna see.
Speaker 1: And I will say, it's really confusing for those of us on the West coast because the conversation will have been going for several hours. And so you wake up and everybody's tweeting about a certain player, and my first instinct is did something happened? And you start googling, you start searching, and you're like you're looking for a headline and you're like, no, nothing happens. Just today, everybody's just talking about Chris Olave like that's just what it is.
Speaker 2: Speak real quick, do you guys, how do you think the first interaction between Kellen Moore and Derek Carr went? Do you think Kellen Moore brought up the time that Boise State beat Fresno fifty seven to set, Like, how weird is that that this coach could be like I dominated you in college?
Speaker 1: Yes? Absolutely, I was saying this to you, guys. I was texting you guys because I lived in Fresno for about five and a half years and at the time, Presno State was kind of interesting, you know. I was at between the car brothers, right. I got to town just after a year or two after David had left, and it was before Derek started playing there as the quarterback, you know, and the Bulldogs kind of had it going, and they were hyped and they played some big games, and every now and then they'd win one of these big games. They had these really big expectations and hopes, and then every year they play Boise and Bois would punch them in the mouth repeatedly and right all of their hopes and dreamed. And as me, being a neutral observer the whole thing, I found it funny. The locals didn't see it the same way I did.
Speaker 2: Weird anyway, I feel like if Jalen Hurts had to coach Patrick Mahomes next year, like.
Speaker 1: Like, hey man, remember when this happened? Yeah, for sure. Speaking of quarterbacks, Aaron Rodgers and the Jets appear headed for a conscious uncoupling. I don't know that anybody's really surprised. Those two seasons went about as poorly as you could have imagined. Season one lasted all the four snaps before the Achilles Tour. Season two, you've made it through the season, but neither he nor the team were very good. So the Jets have said they are planning to move on. So here we are Florio. We're looking at Aaron Rodgers, who is going to be forty two sometime next season, just turned forty one at the start of December, is coming off, you know, a couple of worse of his career. Still. I think in his mind probably has expectations that he should go somewhere and be a starter. But where does is there a place that Aaron Rodgers fits? I mean, is there a team where you're like, yeah, I would want Aaron Rodgers to come in and be the starter here or does he have to accept it, like he's gonna have to either compete or be a backup somewhere.
Speaker 2: That there is zero team I believe out there that should be. Like Aaron Rodgers is our starting quarterback for the twenty twenty five season. What I could see him doing is going to a team like the Raiders, the Vikings, the Titans who have the number one pick, maybe the Giants, something like that, and being like, Okay, Rogers, you're going to start the year for us, like your job is to get the kid ready and at some point we are going to hand over to the playbook the keys to this young guy. But will Rogers ego allow him to take that role? I have big questions on that. And I know, like people throw out like the pitchur Steelers because they're always a quarterback away from being competing. But is he an upgrade from Fields and Russell Wilson, Like, I don't know. Watching Aaron Rodgers play this year, and I know you could say he was hurt and he played through injuries and everything, it felt like a guy who was on his way out of the league, who stayed past his time like that, That's really what it felt like. Maybe he wants to go play the Joe Flackel role. And back up Anthony Richardson. But I don't believe he is going to go somewhere where he knows my leash is very short and I'm not going to start for the whole year. And you know, I always love to salt sprinkle salts on the wounds man. Outside of Aaron Rodgers running in with the flag, what's the next best moment of Aaron Rodgers as a jet because I truly can't think of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's nothing on the field.
Speaker 2: I mean, the next documentary probably right.
Speaker 1: It's just like, I mean, I can't think of anything.
Speaker 2: Well, him saying he's gonna return from the Achilles and then being like, whoa guys, you guys put a lot of expectations on me.
Speaker 1: I mean, he did have a I want to say he had a couple of games early in the season. I remember Week one against the forty nine ers, he had a couple of a couple of drives where it's like, oh, maybe something's gonna happen, Maybe a thing's gonna happen, and you know, they ended up losing that game. He did have that game Week three against the Patriots, for what it's worth, when he went out had two eighty one two touchdowns. But yeah, it's just not there are no real signature moments for Aaron Rodgers in a Jets uniform.
Speaker 2: It's gotta be the most overhyped tenure in NFL history.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's up there. Lakwan Floyd did mention the Raiders, and that's a team name that I've seen pop up a lot. Yeah, I won't say it can't work, but it feels like they already sort of have a bridge head coach in Pete Carroll. Do you really want to also bring in a bridge quarterback? Right? Like? You know, at some point you got to just start buying new furniture. You can't just keep reupholstering the old beat up couches and hope, what do.
Speaker 2: You mean, I can't get the one that's on the curve right now?
Speaker 1: I mean that's what id I had one of those two, But I was, you know, nineteen years old in college, right Like that was different, you know, best catch I ever owned? It was great, But I wouldn't do this now as a fully formed adult with a family, like the Raiders can't. They can't have Pete Carroll and Aaron Rodgers as like the one two punch to start next year, right, I.
Speaker 3: Think he will raise his blood pressure, and I think we want to avoid that. I think we want to avoid any stress, any drama with the Las Vegas Raiders because they have enough within that building. So I think bringing in Aaron Rodgers would not be the right move to try to I guess coach up Aidan O'Connor or any quarterback that they bring in this draft, like, I would stay away if I'm the rated Raiders, because you guys need to just blow it up, start fresh, get Max Crosby to a place that he's happy, and just try to cleanse the just bad juju that's on this Raiders, you know team. I think bringing in to Aaron Rodgers, with everything he brings with that, it's not going to fix your problems in winning games like this is not going to be going out there and elevating a trade Tucker or trying to get brock Bauers to hit even higher peaks. And no, I don't think Aaron Rodgers even deserves that opportunity to try to go there with the set pieces that they have and with that draft capital. So no, I could see him somewhere in Tennessee somewhere. I could see him somewhere, like we said, backing of Anthony Richardson. But starting days are over, man, I don't want to see him play football again.
Speaker 1: To be honest, I mean, best quarterback on the Raiders roster is the owner.
Speaker 2: So my god, Yeah, am I wrong? Davis?
Speaker 1: Mark Davis, am I wrong? No best quarterback on their roster is it?
Speaker 2: I mean active playing? It would probably be Jacobe Myers, to.
Speaker 1: Be honest, Dah that wants so much better.
Speaker 2: Keep pooh poohing the guy. But like you know, Aaron Rodgers thought he was going to go to the Jets and like kind of go out like Tom Brady with the ball. I think this shows how much different and better Tom Brady is than other legends. Is the fact that like how you go out matters a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty much. And he went on on top last bit of news here the forty nine ers. For a while, we're trying to say they want to bring the band back together, they want to try to make it work. They pay Brandon Ayuk. There were questions about whether or not they can keep Deebo. Samuel John Lynch said, originally they wanted to try. Now Deebo says he would like to explore a trade, and the Niners have granted him that request. Against my better judgment, I'm going to ask Noted forty nine or hater Lakwan Jones, yes about Deebo Samuel's prospects, and look, I've long said that Debo is a much better player in real football than he is in fantasy because of what he does for the Niners and what he has meant for that offense doesn't always translate to fantasy points. Can Deebo succeed as a fantasy option? I think he can go somewhere and be that Swiss Army knife again. But can he succeed as a fantasy option outside of San Francis Go and outside of Kyle Shanahan's offense.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure if we could see him elsewhere in another jersey and be deployed and execute the offensive as a hybrided wide receiver. You know, we haven't seen Debo at his peak since he was back chasing, and kind of the numbers of efficiency has gone down. I mean, we looked at him as a wide receiver that can also be somewhat of a running back. You look at his efficiency in the yards for Kerry this year three point two, it's really disgusting, and it's like it's just been going down and down and down. It's not like he's not getting the opportunities either. He's playing, he's on the field and you have an injured to see him. See he's not even adding to the run game at all. So it's kind of like weird that he wants to lead to think that the grass will be green or elsewhere. And I'm telling you now it's going to be very disgusting for fantasy if he ends up in the Patriots jersey, if he ends up somewhere in Tennessee or or somewhere with the Raiders, Like, it's not going to be what you think it's going to be. It's not going to be what it used to be when he was back chasing. But ever since he's got paid, he has not been that you know, elusive, explosive player that we've known in love. I know, we look at twenty twenty three, he was a top twenty wide receiver, but Brandon Nyuk was right there, you know what I mean to be one of the alpha WI receivers that had offense. And since then it's just been going down. So yeah, I'm happy to see it happen Marcus.
Speaker 1: To be honest, I'm sure you are. I'm sure you are. Yeah, I mean I think we wait that twenty twenty one season so heavily. And the more you look at his overall body of work, the more that stands out as the anomaly of his career that he's been a good receiver. He does a lot, he does a lot of the dirty work in that offense that you need to get done. But again, those little things don't translate to fantasy. The rushing that we all got so hyped about. It helped that he scored eight rushing touchdowns in twenty twenty one, but like the rushing numbers themselves are you know, yeah, yeah right, So, I you know, I just I'm curious whether or not he's gonna have the same interest in fantasy if he does leave San Francisco.
Speaker 3: Well, we also haven't seen another offensive coordinator like mirror what he did in twenty twenty one. You know, like we're getting the Jaden Reid, you know, and it's the Kmar Walmart great value version of it. But it's like it's not that debo of twenty twenty one, we have yet to see another team, you know, execute that at a high level.
Speaker 1: And considering the way the season ended for Jaden Reid, now let's us get super excited about either. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: I will not be drafting Debo because everything you guys said about like the usage and all that. But even like he's so he's gonna be thirty, and it's like, do we view him as a wide receiver, a running back, a hybrid? Like I always joke that he's like the SpongeBob character that's in that bodycast, because every game he is hurting every single body part without physical he plays, but then he just like Wolverines and he heals up for the next play. But there were in that twenty twenty one season, I believe when you guys were in the playoffs, markets it was like every other play he was getting picked up off the field, and like I was like, how can his body hold up? His efficiency is to claw and but part of me is thinking his body might just be breaking down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, well pointed out to because he did not have a great season last year. He did miss a couple games with pneumonia, and you do wonder true and it is a serious respiratory illness if that had an impact on him. But either way, it appears that the partnership between Deebo and the forty nine Ers is coming to an end. As a forty nine Er fan, I appreciate everything you've done to the franchise. I wish you the best of luck. No hard feeling's on my end as a fan.
Speaker 2: Is he the biggest face of this last like? Is it him or Kittle? I would know it's.
Speaker 1: Just because personality wise and everything. I just I think it's Kittle. He's a bit of a wild He.
Speaker 2: Was just on Monday Night Raw last night.
Speaker 1: By the way, it was a huge He's a huge wrestling fan, a huge wrestling fan.
Speaker 2: He has a second career if he wants it.
Speaker 1: I mean he kind of looks like a wrestler for being so all right, now, we will keep tabs on some of these headlines and any updates as they come along and take a quick break. Come back, we will dive into Super Bowl fifty nine, first the on field stuff, then the rest of this stuff that's coming up next here on the NFL Fantasy Football Show, super Bowl fifty nine ended up being a little anti climactic. When it was all said and done, the Eagles dominated pretty much from start to finish. Forty to twenty two was the final score in a game that wasn't even that close. They were up by they being the Philadelphia Eagles up by four scores. The Chiefs did not get on the board until there were forty three seconds left in the third quarter.
Speaker 2: Yikes.
Speaker 1: Complete domination from top to bottom start to finish. Jalen Hurts swins the MVP Award. Seventeen to twenty two, passing two hundred and twenty one yards, a pair of touchdowns, one interception, also eleven carries for seventy two yards in a touchdown. Got a great game for Saquon The Chiefs did sort of hold him and check. Twenty five carries fifty seven yards, six catches for forty yards. DeVonta Smith, AJ Brown both you know, kind of whatever, but getting the job done. DeVonta four for sixty nine in the touch AJ Brown three forty three in a touchdown. The defense maybe the biggest story of the game for Philadelphia. Six sacks, three takeaways and he touchdown on the Cooper Degene picked six. Just I don't know how many more ways to say it. I mean, the Eagles owned this game from start to finish. And I'll say this, shout out to Patrick Claybon because he and I did Super Bowl Today last week that it aired on the fast channels on digital across the NFL media landscape, and we did the picks at the end of the week. You know, no surprise. I picked the Chiefs. He picked the Eagles, and he said, he said, I don't think it's gonna be particularly close. I think at the time his score, I think he had the Eagles winning by like eight or nine something like that. But as we left on Friday, he started to say, he's like, I think this could be and he stopped himself, but he's like, I don't know. Part of me thinks this could be. We were like Seahawks Broncos.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: I was like, wow, that was an epic blowout. And he kind of stopped himself and he walked back a little bit. But he was very confident the whole week that the Eagles were going to win and win fairly easily. So shout out to him for that. I don't want to sit here and talk about, you know, legacies and all this sort of stuff. I mean, one, it's just I don't know. There's still so much I think story to be written for both these teams and a lot of these players that it just seems kind of dumb to write legacy stories right now.
Speaker 2: We just got to stop pushing players ahead of all time greats before they've accomplished it.
Speaker 1: So we'll get to the Chiefs too, because I kind of do want to talk about that, I guess a little bit. But let's talk about the Eagles here, because they were the story. They won the game. They stomped out the Chiefs, no doubt about it. We are a fantasy football podcast, Flora. When you look at this Eagles offense, will they be the most expensive fantasy offense next season?
Speaker 2: I don't think so by a wide margin. Like I think the Ravens will cost more than them pretty easily. Like Jalen Hurts looking at again using Fantasy Pros early rankings because there's no ADP and stuff yet, we're too early for that. But Jalen Hurts QB four that is probably about the cheapest he's been in three or four years. Saquan is going to be more expensive than any one of us on the show are willing to pay. We've talked about that a lot. He's going to be the one to one in most drafts. We don't have him as the RB one. But then you look at their wide receivers. AJ Brown wide receiver nine. That is a discount from what it's been in past years. Davant Smith wide receiver thirty, so an even bigger discount than you've gone. Like, part of me is, like, I know the Eagles, they were thirty second in pass attempts this year. Saquan Amost went for two thousand yards for the record. All of that, They're not going to run as effective next year as they did this year. They're just not History doesn't repeat it self like that. So I think we get a little bit more passing, we get aj being healthy all year. So to me, surprisingly if this cost upholds, the Eagles are buying opportunity. At least the passing attack for me is a big buying opportunity.
Speaker 1: Lakwan Florida was talking about the the early rankings and where these guys are slotted. I would think the departure of Kellen Moore sort of baked into that. I mean, we've known for a while right, there was a good chance he was going to go somewhere. Do you think that's baked in or we're gonna see some shifts now that the news has become official about Kellen Moore.
Speaker 3: It might be baked in, honestly, because when we look at them without Kellen Moore the year before, they were both top twenty wide receivers. And I think this is more so as situation where they're in a great situation with talent around them. You got Saquan and got Jailing, you got Dallas Codter AJ and of course Devontae Smith. I mean, you bring in the next oc, it's almost impossible for them to mess up how to deploy and execute these guys on the perimeter. So I definitely think we will get more of a passing game unless they into Adam Gates and then wear in big trouble, then it's going to be even bigger. But this count if he comes in and messes this up. But I just overall think that this is a situation where, like I would love the gay Aj Brown at wide receiver nine. That is beautiful. That is like one of the safest things that you can get in that first round at a wide receiver to start building your roster, because we've seen the talent displayed on a big dance game. Like, honestly, just him in that Super Bowl was what he honnestly was doing throughout the playoffs. So if we can get aj Brown healthy throughout the whole season, if we can get DeVante Smith as almost as a wide receiver three flex, absolutely I'm smashing those ADPs because they're going to outperform that.
Speaker 1: I do wonder a little bit. And obviously we don't know who the new offensive coordinator is going to be in Philadelphia at this moment. Last year, Saquon had three hundred and forty five carries. He had never he had never hit three hundred before that average about twenty one carries per game. Will the new offensive coordinator sort of try to duplicate that, Will they want to ride Saquon again the way they did this year, because I feel like that had a lot to do with the numbers we saw from AJ Brown, from Jalen Hurts. I mean, Jalen Hurts didn't even get to three thousand passing yards this year. Because at some point it's like, well, why would we Saquon is crushing? Why would we want to try to throw in the football, We're gonna run it, we're gonna play defense, and you know, I guess there's just so much unknown about what the offense is going to look like next year. I mean, as you mentioned, we're we've already talked about we're not drafting Saquon where he's likely going to go. I just I think there's I think changes are afoot in this offense, and that's gonna not necessarily impact what what happens next year.
Speaker 3: He aj Brown who or a Monras Brown would changes at the offensive coordinator?
Speaker 2: Where are you going?
Speaker 5: I'm on Ra probably a Monra okay, but that on there's no way he'll have as many touches in my opinion, including the playoffs.
Speaker 2: This dude had four hundred and eighty touches. His previous career high was in the three seventies. At this age, I have no idea how you feel confident that he can repeat it. And the other thing we talked about so much on this pod is like, don't chase career years. This is arguably the greatest year a run that has ever had in NFL history.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean that's that's been my argument this whole time. Is that the track record of guys who've run for two thousand yards the follow up seasons have have been there's been a significant fall off in that. I mean, I think there are the years when you look at them, a lot of them objectively have been good years, but coming after a two thousand yard season, there's a noticeable decline in production. And so that to me makes me a little bit leery of Saquon. He did just turn twenty eight on Sunday, so happy belated shout out to u.
Speaker 2: MG, because it was like week eighteen of the NFL season and you were like, yeah, I'm not taking Saquon in the first round, like you were clearly first on this trade.
Speaker 1: I was, yeah, you know, and look, who knows we could be sitting here this time next year. And I'm like, I'm an idiot. That was stupid.
Speaker 2: Oh that was me this season.
Speaker 3: I mean, I said he might not have that burst anymore, and I made a reel out of it and just agg on my face.
Speaker 2: I mean, geez.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But otherwise, I think there's a lot obviously that we're going to be in on with this Eagles offense. I am curious. Once you know, we start getting ADPs kind of where some of these guys start falling. You know, you mentioned DeVonta Smith at wide receiver thirty, like where exactly he's taken over the course of a draft, because that does seem like a really significant discount. Crazy, that's kind of crazy for sure. On the other side, it was a pretty awful day all the way around for the Kansas City Chiefs. Patrick Mahomes twenty one to thirty two, two hundred and fifty seven yards, three touchdowns, two interceptions including the pick six, four carries for twenty five yards. He was Kansas City's leading rusher. He had four for twenty five. The Chiefs running backs combined seven carries twenty four yards. They could not could not, could not run the football. I said during the week, I thought Xavier Worthy was going to have a big game. I actually just thought it would happen in a situation where it mattered more. You know, he had a huge game. It didn't matter it. Cheches one hundred and fifty seven yards, two touchdowns. All the other pass catchers for the Chiefs thirteen catches for one hundred yards. Travis Kelce four for thirty nine, DeAndre Hopkins two for eighteen and a touchdown. There were drops, there were poor throws. Mahomes was constantly under pressure. I tweeted early in that game. I mean, like first quarter, like this feels a lot like what the Buccaneers did to the Chiefs when they beat them in the Super Bowl several years ago, which, by the way, Patrick Mahomes has lost two Super Bowls. Tom Brady's been in the building for both of them. Three is what it is, Los Brady. Wow? Yeah, yeah, So like you know, I don't know. That's apparently if I'm if I'm Andy Reid, I'm the Chiefs. I don't need Tom Brady doing any of my games anymore. Stay away. I still.
Speaker 2: Someone said everyone thinks they've devil magic until real devil magic shows.
Speaker 1: That is fact.
Speaker 3: Well, Brady was in the building also for two Eagles wins. Shout out Nick Foles.
Speaker 2: So low key, I saw like the Patriots when they lost to the Eagles, they made it three years in a row, like that was just year two. So the Eagles have stopped both Brady and Mahomes from having a three peet.
Speaker 1: Pretty yeah wow, what reason?
Speaker 2: Thank you, Philly. That's all I have to say.
Speaker 1: More reason for Philly fans to starts screaming go birds at us all the time, shout key. So we have talked about old pal Shawn Kelly. I hope he's alive. You know, he looked like a war zone. I hope that he survived what happened there in the brotherly love. So the Chiefs offense obviously was a story pretty much all year. I feel like it's been a story the last couple of years. This year they finished as the in terms of points scored, the number fifteen offense overall. Last year they were the number fifteen offense overall. They have just been sort of man. We talked a lot about Patrick Mahomes and at least in fantasy, his lack of fantasy production, right, the fact that if you watch him, you see that he's still playing well, but the numbers just haven't been there. I mean, Florido, it was kind of a cliche for years that we always wanted as many pieces of a Patrick Mahomes Andy Reid offense as we could get our hands on, right, I mean, it's the reason everybody was so gassed up when they drafted Xavier Worthy. It was why we loved Clyde Edwards Hilaire, even though that never really panned out. Is that no longer true? Is it no longer true that we are all in on the Chiefs offense as fantasy folk.
Speaker 2: We should stop being all in and pulling them up the boards and paying premium prices for the Chiefs playmakers and Mahomes as well. But I think I'm gonna be very in on this offense next year because it's going to be cheaper than ever. Like Patrick Mahomes has been a top five quarterback in drafts every year he's been since his first year. He's going outside the top five this year, I believe. But look at what went wrong for their offense. Pacheco got hurt early on and was clearly never the same guy when he returned. Xavier Worthy rookie. They like to slow play those guys. Rashi Rice looked like an absolute elite wide receiver about to break out until he got hurt. Markeith Brown's season was pretty much over before it started. I think next year, if we're talking about them having Worthy, Rashi Rice, and I feel like Marquis Brown is coming back there if that ends up happening. All of the reasons that we were excited about Mahomes and the Chiefs offense getting back to that speed, that downfield play capability. That's all gonna be true this year. It's just people aren't going to talk about it as much because it went so poorly this past season due to injuries. But I could see myself easily being very bought back in and excited for this Chiefs offense if they have this speed and everything around Patrick Mahomes next year.
Speaker 1: I mean, when you look at this, Lakwan, what what needs to be their priority in the offseason. I mean, like Oyo mention you Marquise Brown, I think he's gonna be back on with you on that one. I don't know if we see you know, Nuke. I think he's probably out. I think Juju's probably out. We're waiting to see what Travis Kelce decides to do, if he wants to come back and play again or if he just wants to go be a podcaster and a well kept man, which wouldn't be mad at the house that ay man. I'm not mad at it for real, for us to get all back in, to push our chips back in on the Chiefs offense, what do they need to do.
Speaker 2: Priority has to be to align.
Speaker 3: That's always going to be something I'm pound the table for because Mahomes was at a career high of being sacked on the ground, like, that's not something that we will want to see next season, especially if they're going to bring back this speed, bring back Marquis Brown. You talk about Xavier Worthy, talk about Rashid Rice. We want speed on the perimeter and he needs time to get that to develop and be able to build this type of offense that we want to buy in. And I mean you talk about Xavery Worthy, I mean since week fifteen, twenty six percent target share, he had eighty yards per game, fifty two targets, forty catches in a seventy seven percent catch free This guy came alive because Patrick Mahomes and that chemistry just started building. And for the analytical folks out there are two point five yards per route. So therefore, he was very efficient when he was on that field, getting the type of opportunity that Mahomes are trying to find. But the problem is when you have scraps I use this as the most respectably way passing options, there's no time for him to look off into that second read to depend on another wide receiver, So you have to get that old line intact in this draft, off season, whatever the case may be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's an offense that sort of got by right, and the defense played really well. But when they ran up on a really good defense, starts to looking a little bit funny in light, and you started to see the cracks in the armor. The fact that the offensive line they shuffled guys around, the fact that you know, look, Andre Hopkins, Juju Smith, Schuster are not the guys they used to be, and it's hard to count on them. You know, Travis Kelcey having one of his worst games in the spotlight, and I just that generally has not happened. So, I mean, so here we are in the offseason and we're talking about the Chiefs sort of needing to retool a little bit, and we haven't really been at this place in a while. I mean, I know, the easy conversation has been what does this mean for the Chiefs legacy? And I'm like, nothing yet, nothing yet, Right. The whole point of legacy is that like, after it's all said and done, then you or to decide. And I mean, I've said this probably on this show. I've seen other people talk about this, like, remember the Patriots got three pretty quick, and as somebody's pointed out, they're like Tom Brady got three real quick. Then he went about ten years before he got another one. So, like, I don't know, it just seems a little premature to start talking about what this means for the Chief's legacy and Mahomes and Andy Reid and whatever. Like. It to me is like like if we were watching like you know, one of those old VH one behind the Musics and like they followed the band and like, hey man, they came out of nowhere and hit superstardom and then they had an album that flopped and one of their guys got hooked on drugs and then they just ended the show right there. You're like, what what the hell? Like, what's that's what people are doing by doing this legacy talk. After the Chiefs lose the Super Bowl, it's like, well, but they're not done, Like no, Mahome still has a long long time to play, Andy Reid still like, they're not done yet.
Speaker 2: I do think it took them out of the running for greatest dynasty ever, because it's hard to say You're the greatest everyone. You just got your doors absolute. But to me, I think what it does with the legacy thing is people were propping Mahomes up ahead of Brady prematurely in my opinion, and people online were like, look at this Bills fan defending Tom Brady, and I'm like, but it's just because he is the best. He has more rings than any franchise in the NFL. Like all of your the Lebron versus Jordan arguments, they all kind of applied to Tom Brady. He's got all the records, he's got all the rings, the winning, the longevity, all of that MVPs. Mahomes can still catch him, but I think this lot like if he wins, it's very I think in the grasp, this loss really sets him back a bit. And I think Mahomes is at this weird stretch in his career where he's already the second greatest quarterback in my opinion, to ever play the game, but it's he's probably a full decade away from being able, in my opinion, to do to catch Time Brady, So like it has to be weird, be like, I'm the second best ever and there's nothing I could do in this upcoming season to get to get me to be the first best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, obviously there's a there's a gap there, right, And I say, this is somebody who look, I held onto the Joe Montana is the greatest for a really really long time. And eventually I had to kind of let it go. You know, I got admitted it was it was nostalgia, right, it was childhood that was that was the quarterback I grew up with, right, So like it was hard for me to let go of that, and eventually I had to sort of let go of that. But I don't know.
Speaker 3: I guess Kurt the Owner was mine, our fellow colleague, the best ever to me.
Speaker 1: Kurt was great. Like I'm you know, definitely not not get Kurt. Kurt was was for sure great. I guess this is just a long way with me saying like, hey man, like we don't really have to talk about legacy yet everybody like we can. It's okay to wait. I know we have you know, I know, the the the content machine is calling us and it continually grinds us into dust and then we have to somehow continue to fill space in the void that we call the Internet. But we do to talk about that. We can't find a million other things to talk about, like what does Drake do? Now, We're gonna come back and talk about that the rest of the Super Bowl after the break here on the NFL Fantasy Football Show. All right, So, yeah, the game that happened. Obviously, the Super bowls about a lot more than just football. It is a cultural touchstone every year. I know it's becoming an unofficial American holiday. I had to kind of check myself because, you know, the game ended, it was a little after seven o'clock Pacific time, and then I realized that, Yeah, for a good section of the country, it's late, and you figure Eagles fans were out probably until the sun came up, celebrating the will. I did see that. I think they pushed the start time of school back on Monday, like a couple of hours, knowing that it was gonna.
Speaker 2: Get wild West Coast best sports, like best NFL time for year round. I do think Super Bowl, though, starting it in the middle of the day, it feels little anti climatic to me.
Speaker 1: I mean, it starts at three thirty out here, which is sort of a weird I.
Speaker 2: Love that, love that I don't know. I kind of like when it goes late, dude.
Speaker 3: The sun was still shining, the weather was great. We're watching the super Bowl. And one of my first super.
Speaker 2: Bowls out here, I went by by you, Marcus, and the game ended and I was driving home and it was light out, and I was like, what do I do now? Like Sunday is the full day.
Speaker 1: Like again, this is why it never really hit to me that the Monday after Super Bowl should be a holiday. I'm like, why the game ends in like seven, like I can get myself ready and be responsible the next day. And it was like, oh, yeah, there's another part of the country that it's late. You know why, because that part of the country doesn't really they don't care about us for like we get take delayed on like everything right. We don't get anything live out here. Everything is set up at Easter time. We couldn't watch NFL Honors live right like, and so like, you know what, if we get a little bit of get back, I'm not gonna feel bad about it out here, I have spoken. Obviously, A big part of the Super Bowl was the halftime show. I think, just as anticipated as Chiefs and Eagles. A large section of the country was very curious about what was Kindrick going to do? Was he going to play the song? When would he play the song? How would how would things play out? I mean some when I asked you all started with you lakwan your your overall thoughts first on Kendrick's performance.
Speaker 3: Master Piece, Like, I just love the subliminal messages in there. I love the little easter eggs in there. I love that he teased it in the performance because I was like, Oh, he's about to do it, and then he doesn't do it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, please, don't like that.
Speaker 3: And then you hear it again, it like, oh please don't it. Let's That was just my exact reaction from the whole performance, and I was just a happy camper.
Speaker 2: Your thoughts on it, Florida, I kind of echo that I thought it was was really great. I thought, uh, like, when he first hit the snippet of it, Nicolette was like, Oh, He's not gonna play and I'm like, no, there's no way, and that's all. He knows what the people want. But what I thought was even cooler. And I know some people had problems with this. I thought it was a flex of his to be like, I'm not gonna play my old hits because I played those at the super Bowl three years ago, So now you're going to get all my new music. And I love his new music just as much as old stuff, so like I enjoy it. Bigger surprise to me than not like Us was that we got euphoria, Like I.
Speaker 1: Could not believe that. Ye yeah, I mean everything was. Everything was fairly new. The only thing you got those a little bit older is when he did Humble, he did DNA, he did all the Stars from the Black Panther soundtrack, and that that was a given. Once he announced that Sissa was going to be performing with him, You're okay, he's going to do that. I was a little bit surprised he didn't do Alright, And maybe it's because he did do it at the super Bowl several years ago. It just felt like with the themes and the messages he was putting out, like Alright seemed like the perfect song to play. But again, he was obviously not not doing repeats. I know a lot of people were surprised that he didn't do anything off of like Good Kid, Mad City, and I was like, yeah, that album's like thirteen years old, like it's that album is for us who've been listening to Kendrick for a long time, who were real like, you know, who are Kendrick fancy Section eighty right, I mean it's great stuff. It's you know, it's very old, and I don't know that any of it necessarily fits in the show. Well that song would have fit for Drake. That's perfect for Drake. So that's the next thing though. That's the It was like one is it over? Is it done now? I mean, I know at the end of the show he had the game over the light set said game over, which sort of signals that, Okay, I'm I'm washing my hands with this. I'm done. But I mean, if you're Drake, he had two of your ex's out there celebrating with him. I mean, he had Scissor singing. Think about that, and he had Serena Williams Sea walking on stage while he accuses you of criminal behavior.
Speaker 2: Of the worst kind, of the worst kind.
Speaker 1: Like I thought about it. I mean, because I also know that Look, he's said, Kendrick's going to have a tour with Sizza. They're gonna you know, they're gonna travel the country. You know that song's gonna get played. Like, at some point, if you're Drake, do you have to I don't know if you lob off a phone call personally or you just put out a video where you just say, hey man, I'm sorry, like you know, I mean, just something right because of this. I mean he kind of did. But at some point it's like, dude, like you gotta stand up and just like call off the dogs man, like I I yield. I said, I'm tapping out. I'm tapping out.
Speaker 2: Do you guys remember there There was like a week or two. It was like two weeks in May after Drake first drop push ups, which everyone thought was like AI and stuff.
Speaker 6: And then everyone was like, oh no. Kendrick responses and he was like, come on, you're dropping. You're gonna he brought. He wished for this and he got what he wanted. He never thought it would be this bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I also I also was, I was, you know, I rewatched it again this morning and somewhere I just thought about j Cole riding his bike and piece, yeah, just swiping sat I mean he's like sitting on his porch like Thanos, right, just sitting there like peaceful with a little bit of a smile on his face, like, man, I'm glad I stepped out and got away from that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. Do you remember last week? I was like, he's gonna play not like us, but he's not gonna sing the lyrics. Right. He looked right into that camera with a smile.
Speaker 3: Say Drake, Yeah, no mess with the quiet kids people.
Speaker 2: That is the message. Also the he's five foot five, Like, it's so funny seeing him with all the security guards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's amazing for sure. Any any early predictions for who performs at Super Bowl sixty in Santa Clara next year.
Speaker 2: I've seen a lot of people say Metallica because they're from that area. I look, it's sixty, you know. You know, companies like to do big things, whether it's a round number. I think jay Z if it's now or never.
Speaker 1: Maybe I just think they still want to go a little bit younger. They be trying to skew a little bit younger, a little bit more you know, of the moment sort of relevant. Like I don't think they're gonna get Taylor Swift. I just don't think she's ever gonna left then, you know. So here's one and post Malone post post Malone's taking. I like, I don't know that there's one. I'm struggling right now to come up with like one person that you can just say like bang, and then that's gonna do it, right, Like you get post Malone and you and he brings out a couple of guests right, you know, like because you've already had Lady Gaga, Like you know, I don't think you go back to that. I mean, I don't know if Sabrina Carpenter is big enough just yet. I don't know if Billie Eilish is big enough just yet. I don't think Billie Eilish showould be kind of fun.
Speaker 2: I think you can follow up Kendrick with because they're just gonna not be as big. Yeah, and I know Drake is going through it right now, but he still.
Speaker 1: Is very big. But I don't have to have a major image rehabilitation.
Speaker 3: Hates America right now. I seeople are really looking at it from the right lens, Like.
Speaker 1: I did see someone say that relations between the US and Canada are probably at an all time low right now. With that, when you have eighty thousand people at the Super Bowl screaming a minor, it's just not gonna do well for relations with our neighbors to the north news I have.
Speaker 2: I have a friend who is the biggest Drake fan that I know, and yesterday he was like, all right, but Kendrick and that song are going to fade into oblivion now. And I'm like, dude, you've been saying this since June. Well it just keeps getting worse.
Speaker 1: This is like the you know, Lebron is thirty. Thank goodness, this efferee is not going to go on much longer. That's kind of what that.
Speaker 2: Istill he's fifty. I mean, I mean, you watched the guy play right now. He's rejuvenated.
Speaker 1: He will outlive He's gonna outlive Brownny in the NBA. In the NBA, he is he might. I'll give you one more potential Bad Bunny as a superl.
Speaker 2: The world would love that.
Speaker 1: Bad Bunny Bad Bunny Cane all halftime. That's yes, that's my that's my way, too early flag plan Bad Bunny for Super Bowl sixty halftime like that, Yeah, because I don't know if he can do a bay Are artist, Like I mean, I would love e forty but forty that would it would be so much fun. He might be drunk. It'll be hilarious. Folks from the Bay would love it have Marshawn out there dancing on stage, like, folks from the Bay would go berserk for it. I don't know that it's necessarily Super Bowl halftime.
Speaker 2: I've seen a big movement of like country singers like get a country star.
Speaker 1: On there, and I'm like, which is sort of why I said post Malone because he can sort of cross over because you know, he's done some country stuff, he's got his pop stuff, he's got a little bit of hip hop stuff, like post Malone has a catalog that could sort of I think satisfy a little bit of everybody.
Speaker 3: First song, why iverson, Let's go, Let's get action, Bronson on There'll be Nonsense for thirteen minutes.
Speaker 1: Oh man, we need actually know Bronson on Blue Sky. That's all I'm saying. Any commercials jump out to you, guys, I thought.
Speaker 3: They was sort of yeah for the most part, it kind of an for me, at least for the last couple of years. Like I don't think it hits the same anymore for me, Like you get the Dorito's you know commercial, like, oh that was that was cool, but it was nothing that I was like, oh.
Speaker 2: My god, I have to rewatch this, you know. No, no Budweiser one where I'm like, oh, that was really touching. Like, no, I also hate this new trend of commercials leading up to Super Bowl, like this is what we're planning and no, stop that.
Speaker 1: I don't need a teaser trailer for a commercial. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: The Snoop and Tom Brady one was really awkward for.
Speaker 1: That was very awkward. Yeah, I just like the the dunk Kings, the Afflecks, the afflic Brothers is just I just felt like they were yelling at me and I don't really understand what was happening.
Speaker 2: Commercials used to want to be funny and like memorable. Now I felt like they're all trying to bring a message, and I'm like, that's that's not what a super Bowl commercial.
Speaker 1: I'm like, look, I'm probably not gonna buy your product anyway. At least make me laugh for a couple of semes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's that's that's right. A good spot for us to pause on this one. We're still getting into rankings soon. Fellas figured to start doing some way too early rankings, so we can regroup and start doing that on Thursday show. I know a lot of folks are turning their attention to combine the combines in two weeks, fellas, you know, just enough time to catch your breath and then get ready until draft and then get ready for dudes and spandex running inside a stadium, untouched.
Speaker 2: And overhyping ADPs.
Speaker 1: So anyway, we'll start with some rankings, just general positional rankings coming up on Thursday, and then start turning our attention towards the combine and draft season. We get some mock drafts in here as well. I try to do some mock drafts maybe once a month as well, so we can kind of figure out how things are shaping up ADP wise and that sort of thing. So anyway, that'll do it for this edition of the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. Stay happy, safe and healthy, do good and live well. Enjoy the start of the off season. Everybody. We would talk to you again on Thursday.
Speaker 4: Wow. Wow, don't don't h