Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is Mick.
Speaker 1: Shot screaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at.
Speaker 4: It's time for another edition of mix Shots. Bill Jones, Savanna Humoler and Mickey Spagnola and the Zamboni. It joined you live from Oxnard, California, the corner of Ventura and vintage. And what a vintage day this is here in southern California.
Speaker 5: This is gonna be a great day. It's already warmed up, the sun's out, there's no marine later. This is gonna be the hottest day of training camp.
Speaker 3: It is.
Speaker 4: And we're gonna start off the show with a Savannah sighting this morning on the bright sunshiny day. Savannah, what did you see this morning?
Speaker 6: Just early this morning, I spotted the one and only Mickey Spagnola in the breakfast room overpore his cheerios.
Speaker 5: It's look, it's the most cumbersome container you've ever dealt with.
Speaker 7: Hey, you know what, it's Friday. We can only go up from here.
Speaker 6: You were off to a slow start this morning the curios, but we're back.
Speaker 5: My cup runneth over.
Speaker 4: So how many cheerios were wasted on the floor.
Speaker 5: A half a half a bowl? No, not on the floor, on the counter.
Speaker 4: So did you scoop him up, put them back in your bowler? Did you put them back in.
Speaker 5: The cham in a separate bowl? But I was taken in my room and I ate both bowls.
Speaker 4: Can't waste the breakfrystal champions, that's right, And they were good too, I bet they.
Speaker 7: Well, you got to work out it, so we had to make sure he got got his.
Speaker 5: There's this container like this, and it's this way. You push the back lid and it opens up this way, and then you got a pour. Well, the thing was just chalk full. So and I turned it over.
Speaker 4: It just exploded. And then you've got so many cheerios in your bowl that when you pour the milk on it, it won't even go inside.
Speaker 3: It just surfs.
Speaker 4: It just surfs outside the mess with the milk.
Speaker 5: No one would have said anything, but Savannah was standing there laughing.
Speaker 7: Hey.
Speaker 6: I asked if you were good, if you needed help there, but you you had it all together, so we're fine.
Speaker 4: Well there it is the first Savannahs sighting of this beautiful Friday here in Oxnard.
Speaker 5: You can almost go on short sleeves this morning. I am that's good.
Speaker 4: What's the headline of the day. What do you think a headline.
Speaker 3: Of the day?
Speaker 5: I think, uh, one of them.
Speaker 4: And then I'll tell you what really is the head.
Speaker 5: Well, you got to talk to Dak, Is that right? I did seeing we didn't get to do that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we need all the details.
Speaker 5: Bill, we got, Michael Parsons, Mike Zimmer, Brian Schottenheimer.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you you got a lot of any of us got.
Speaker 7: I feel like there's a few headlines.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna start with the we have two edge rushers that were added.
Speaker 4: Okay, dive into that. On the show.
Speaker 5: We got a lecture on the new kickoff rule from John Fossils, which was very informative, and we saw it somewhat in action last night. Neither team wanted to show exactly what they might do during the games. And then uh, yeah, Michael Parsons, he went on and on and on talking about how he's gonna be used in multiple.
Speaker 4: Different Wakay, we'll get into all that.
Speaker 5: We'll get those are the headline, But.
Speaker 4: Here is the true headline of the day, a federal judge has overturned the four point seven billion dollar NFL's Sunday ticket verdict. It takes the NFL off the hook for enormous damages. Does he tell you that is a win for Jerry Jones? It's a win for the contract negotiations between.
Speaker 5: Because he doesn't have to worry about and Dak.
Speaker 4: Prescott to win for the win for the players, that's right, Producers Supreme. You can't hear him over the zamboni, but Producer Supreme over there. Many yell for the players on that.
Speaker 5: But well it won't affect a salary cap right the way they were worried.
Speaker 4: And that's exactly what last Saturday morning Jerry, when we cornered him after he was signing autographs after the welcome ceremony here, the opening ceremony of camp. That was one of the things that was definitely on his mind.
Speaker 5: And and here we go. So does that mean by tomorrow for the unofficial Blue White Scrimmage that ceed Lamb will be signed because now they don't have to worry about losing billions of dollars.
Speaker 7: Well, we hoped out.
Speaker 4: To ask Jerry. We'll see, that'll be the question for Jerry all right, corner him today.
Speaker 5: I wanted to ask you, I.
Speaker 4: Think it is. I think it's I mean, just from the sounds of things, if you just look at the lay of the land, then the quarterback signings around the league, going back to last Friday, when Tuas signed, when Jordan Love signed, those two were the last two quarterbacks other than Dak, who were incumbent starting quarterbacks who were going into the last year or of their contract. Right, and now Dak is the only one in the league an incumbent starting quarterback going into the last year of his contract. So all those leaves have fallen, and now this huge leaf has fallen.
Speaker 7: Okay, So you got to talk to Dak. Was it yesterday?
Speaker 4: Yesterday?
Speaker 7: Yesterday? How'd that go?
Speaker 4: It went well, I mean as well as it can in four minutes?
Speaker 5: Did you talk?
Speaker 4: We could we get four minutes to talk? Okay?
Speaker 5: What was your first question?
Speaker 4: I remember, No, No, it wasn't really al. I like to have a discussion. I don't like. I don't like to be in I don't like I like for it to be more of a conversation. Okay. So it was a conversation with Dak, and so I asked him off the top, Well, you do me a favor. I'm going to say three two one, and you say.
Speaker 5: Here we go, here we go, and so right.
Speaker 4: And so I said, okay, here we go. And I always say here we go now, I mean I probably said it before all the time too. So I said, all right, here we go three to two one, and he said here we go. And so we talked about here we go right off the top. Okay, that's buttering up.
Speaker 7: That's a good start. That's a good start to it.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 4: It is interesting because in my research on here we Go, and this led to my second question, I stumbled across an interview that Aaron Rodgers did on the Pat mcabee show last December, and they were talking to him about the cadence and the rhythmic cadence and there's much more to this here we go, and and Dak has talked about it a little bit but hadn't gone into as the specifics.
Speaker 5: As I uncovered last year.
Speaker 4: By the way, Okay, so what is your take on go then? So and then I'll tell you what Aaron Rodgers has to say.
Speaker 5: It It was to get everybody on the offensive line to shut up, quit talking and now we're getting ready to start the cadence for the snap count, right, and Da was unsure of how it started. Would here we go? And Beddish came walking by very conveniently, and he goes Beish, He goes, how do we get going on? Here we go? And he said, I think we were trying to get everybody's attention and you just said here we go and then it's stune.
Speaker 4: It's yeah. It was interesting though hearing Aaron Rodgers talk about it, because he talked about the rhythmic cadence and how important that is. You know, Aaron Rodgers has a reputation in his career being able to draw the defense off side right, and we hear it out here on the practice field where there's different emphasis on the here we go or here we go whatever, and it's there's a lot more to it than meets the eye, I think, right, or meets the ear in this case. So but then so he was asked about that, and then he was asked about and then he just brought up on his own before he said, before I talk about the cadence, let me say this about Aaron about Dak Prescott. I've been my idle time I've been sitting here, I've watched a lot of Cowboys game. I've watched four or five Cowboys games, and let me tell you, I am so impressed with the way Dak Prescott is running that offense. And he was talking not about how I was throwing the ball or anything like that, but his command of the offense at the line of scrimmage, everything that he was doing. And I thought it was very interesting because if anyone knows of Mike McCarthy offense, Aaron Rodgers would And so that led me to the next question to Dak with how much he has grown in the last year. And the results are obvious on the field. I mean it was second in the MVP voting and led the league in touchdown passes. But I think the growth that Dak has had has a lot to do and Aaron Rodgers was one of the first to point it out. The nuances of playing the quarterback position and how Dak is now conduct being a masterclass in.
Speaker 5: It, and I think we saw evidence of that in Wednesday's practice. So after our show, he was red hot in that practice, fitting passes into really tight, tight slots, touchdown passes two minute drill red zone. I thought that was one of his well, that was his best practice of training camp and one of the best practices I think I've seen with just spotting stuff and fitting balls into tight situations. He was really good on Wednesday.
Speaker 4: So anyway, that's that's where we got started. And by now, by that point, I'm now two and a half minutes into a four minute interview.
Speaker 5: You got one question left answer.
Speaker 4: And so we talked about Zeke. We talked about MJ. And do you know when MJ was born February he got report out there that she is a leapier baby February twenty ninth, the actual dates February twenty second, twenty Secondsbruary twenty second, when.
Speaker 5: MJ was born, been aware of either of those?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And so then I basically concluded asking if he hopes that MJ grows up a Cowboys.
Speaker 7: Fan, and what did he say?
Speaker 5: I'm not going to pressure him her.
Speaker 4: I think he did say that'd be nice that he actually went on to another quote. I asked him about the TikTok followers for Josh B. But I asked him to close. I asked him, I asked him, Okay, who do you think has the most followers on social media on the team. I think he said secret CD and so I didn informed you about Josh Bum's three point three million followers. But it was funny on the MJ when when I asked him about MJ as I was going into the next question, he smiled. He knew exactly where I was going with him.
Speaker 7: Oh, I love that.
Speaker 5: You should have said, well, I don't know, depends who I'm playing for. Well, speaking of Josh Butler, do we have an expert on Josh Butler here?
Speaker 7: We have a new expert on Josh Butler.
Speaker 6: Bill already spent his time with Josh but I got to chat with him the other night, and gosh, he just has this confidence about him that's both off the field with everything that he does. He acts, he sings, he has TikTok the dogs, but on the field, I asked him how he portrays that confidence when he plays football, and he just said, football is my number one priority. I'm here to play the game, and we've seen it out here at practice. He was taking some a lot of snaps throughout practice the other day and you could really just see how he was working with the defense and just different scenarios. I mean, he was on the field majority of the day, just really.
Speaker 7: Getting some snaps in there.
Speaker 6: So really I like seeing that chance that he has to keep moving forward.
Speaker 7: I think that they're keeping their eye on Josh Butler a lot.
Speaker 4: And to that point about what he's doing outside of football, well, I think it's a credit to him what he did outside of football, because when he wasn't playing football, he embarked on his career. He's got a master's degree from Michigan State. I think it's in television entertainment and he's he's starting to master that. With three point three million followers, and he hadn't posted that much since, you know, as far as his football career, maybe in the off season whatever. But you know that if he plays and if he actually gets some time out here and then he starts posting stuff and he has a bad game, then people will say, oh, he's spending too much time riting that.
Speaker 5: And well, he just wants to make three point three million dollars.
Speaker 4: That's right, twenty seven years old, and so he's he's late to the party. But and we talked the other day about his athleticism, and he's got height, he's got speed. I think he ran a four to three to two, and he's shown it out here on the field so far.
Speaker 5: I think it's a budding story at the cornerback position. I mean, we know the top three, right, and then the two guys that are really stepping up, Josh Butler and Kaylin Carson. I think both of those two guys are really making a push to be the fourth and fifth cornerbacks, which I think is up for grabs right now. You know, somebody might beat out Nashan Wright. Eric Scott's gotta get going. So yeah, I think those two guys right now, which brings up the Cowboys draft choices because with Carson, I think that he certainly has made an impression. Obviously Geyton has made an impression. I was talking to Stephen Jones yesterday and we had been talking about the Sam Williams injury, and Savannah brought up that they did sign two guys. We can get into that, uh and and Stevens said, you know, when they got to that second round pick, they were looking at a bunch of different guys and they decided on Kneeland. And he said, now what happened to Sam? Thank god we drafted Neeland because right now he's got to step up and be a starter. There's I mean, there's nobody else. And even though they signed these two guys, they're just kind of guys right now. So Neeland's going to get every chance to win that starting job next to DeMarcus Lawrence.
Speaker 4: So we want to identify who these two guys are. I can do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you want to pronounce the first guys Muhammad al Quadden.
Speaker 6: Oh Quaddon, Muhammad, he was a sixth round for the Saints back in twenty sixteen. And then hopefully I pronounce this correctly, Shaka Shaka Tony seventh round for the Commanders in twenty twenty.
Speaker 4: Wik to Penn State. Was a teammate of Michael Parsons and college at Penn State. Now Tony is with Washington. He's got a sack and a half in his limited time in the league. And it's interesting on al Quad and Muhammad. He went to Miami. He had he's his twelve sacks in his career. Number of starts. I don't have it in front of me, but he did not get on the field last year. He was on the Colts practice squad. I think he had what four sacks two years ago. Yeah, he's jumped around a little bit with with Chicago then and then Indianapolis before that, and then back to Indianapolis. But he's out of the U. And interestingly, he was suspended December sixth of last year, got a six game suspension.
Speaker 5: For peds and he's.
Speaker 4: He's got one more game to go on that.
Speaker 5: Which, by the way, both guys were suspended because Tony got indefinitely suspended for gambling, okay, and he got reinstated, and then I believe it was Washington let him go, but the Cowboys new defensive line coach Jeff Skanina had him in Washington, so he was familiar with Tony.
Speaker 4: There you go. Well, that says a lot right there, right if he've worked with a player, And it was April twenty seventh, is right around the draft, is when Washington let him go. Yeah, so it probably coincided with someone that they picked in the.
Speaker 5: Right and the fact that his indefinite suspension was lifted and then I think the next day they let him go. He only had one start in twenty six games, a sack and a half, three quarterback hits.
Speaker 4: And even on al quad and Muhammad. We don't know. I haven't looked back to see if he got hurt the year before, and he may have been rehabbing throughout the season. That might have been a reason why he wasn't getting on the field last year. And maybe he's healthy now.
Speaker 5: Right, and then maybe that's why the PDS too. He maybe was trying to get back there on the field.
Speaker 4: So we're going to take a break here in just a second, Mickey, if you'd like to tease, we're gonna come back and talk about Michael Parsons. All right, let's talk Micah because he loves to talks, and we love to talk about Micah when we come back in a moment.
Speaker 1: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 5: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction. Miller Lite is brewed to be less feeling.
Speaker 7: What are you doing here?
Speaker 3: Miller Lite tastes great.
Speaker 7: Look, I'm just reading the script.
Speaker 4: It says less filling. That's not what my script says. Hell mindset.
Speaker 9: We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers. Middle Light is in fact, less filling and taste great. I'm Vishine legal guy, celebrate responsibily. Milwaukee, Wisconsin Beer ninety six thousands to be point two grams cards for twelve ounces, fewer cowsand cars than premium regular beer.
Speaker 4: Fall is here, and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it. As you prep for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiero's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamole made with real hass avocados. We'll score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Your k Hero's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section. Grab some today.
Speaker 2: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 10: I'm Doak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they.
Speaker 11: Snapped the pressout. Who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll love full punch down.
Speaker 10: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 11: Prescott, He's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle and the scores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 10: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 1: Shots.
Speaker 6: The official twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Star Magazine Training Camp Preview is now available. This year's edition features scouting reports, position analysis, a pull out schedule poster, and articles from your favorite Cowboys writers. Get your Training Camp Preview today at your local pro shop or Dallascowboys dot com. Slash Star now Bell and I had a very interesting This was another Savanna siding on Wednesday, h Bell and I were happy we were happen to watch the running backs go through the gauntlet.
Speaker 4: Which is baseball bat machine.
Speaker 7: Yes, yes, we're.
Speaker 6: Basically and uh, we're just you know, watching him get going here. And of course the first one out of the gate is Zeke can I'll let Bill take it from here.
Speaker 4: Well, gate was the right word there, because you want it's a design to protect the footballs that you're carrying. And they're carrying two footballs through the gauntlet.
Speaker 5: Yes, okay, I got an idea where this is going.
Speaker 4: So you want to protect the footballs, but you also and as you go through the gate, you want to make sure, yeah, you need knees high. Is let's just say.
Speaker 5: This where this is going. I've seen it many times, and.
Speaker 4: So I just to say that Zeke didn't quite get his knees up on the first time through.
Speaker 5: He did a good job of protecting the footballs.
Speaker 4: Right exactly, and so anyway he was sort.
Speaker 5: Of oh that's why he bent over.
Speaker 4: Yes, he let out a he let out a shriek, and there may or may not have been something that was said by him that I'm not going to post myself on X. So we bleeped it out just to make sure.
Speaker 5: Later in the day, Oh you picked up the audio.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I was the only one that.
Speaker 7: Phil was the only one that filmed it.
Speaker 6: And I'm standing next to Bill and we're watching Zeke.
Speaker 7: I'm not going to trying to get his breath back together.
Speaker 5: So I saw the end of it when he went to the side and bent over. Yeah, and I said, he can't be tired already.
Speaker 4: Well, here's the deal. So I'm glad you brought it up, Savannah, because it needs to be clarified that because there's you know, of course, especially when you post anything about Zeke okay, people are looking okay and Zeke I have no idea why. But Zeke has his detractors out there, and so people think that he's gassed. He went through one drill and he's gas.
Speaker 7: No, he wasn't, not, not no, not in the slightest and.
Speaker 4: By the way, he successfully made it through the next time. And by the way, also if you look at how he goes through the baseball back gauntlet and then you compare it to other running backs, you can see why Zeke is a power back in this league because you can you can really see on that drill, how he powers through a hole where other running backs don't have that same kind of power that.
Speaker 5: They could get the explosive you could hear those bats, that's right.
Speaker 4: So I didn't post the first one, the painful one, but I did post the second one, and I said, after a very painful first trip through the baseball bats, use your imagination as to what part of the anatomy was affected. Zeke sails through the second time with both balls still intact.
Speaker 7: A goodness.
Speaker 5: So yeah, yeah, so, uh is that not legal now to be able to post? Would you see something like that in practice?
Speaker 4: No you can't.
Speaker 5: Oh you can't.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I thought they said no more posting live video from practice.
Speaker 4: I think that was a one day deal. That didn't count that there was a mock game day.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I see, okay, which.
Speaker 4: I've never posted anything.
Speaker 5: So you you mentioned detractors, yes, And somebody asked somehow Micah got on to the detractors and he.
Speaker 4: Said, good segue.
Speaker 5: Yes it was right, and he said, you know what, when you got the star on your helmet, you earn detractors, meaning you play for the Cowboys, and then everybody's paying attention. So now everybody's got something to say, So that was one of the many things.
Speaker 4: How how long did Micah go in his press conference yesterday? I got the answer. If you don't have.
Speaker 5: It, I'm gonna guess twenty minutes.
Speaker 4: Twenty nine minutes, nine minutes. Let me tell you. He went right off the practice field there. Yes, we went right off the practice field to go in to do our four minute interview with Dak. Now we had to wait around a little bit because it happened so quickly. Photographers weren't set up. Whatever. I'll go over there to interview Dak and I came back and Micah is still talking over here, and it went twenty nine minutes. So I want to hear what Micah had to say.
Speaker 5: Somebody asked him, Uh, who's the most memorable person he's met? And you know, he's met a lot of people, right, and he goes, I met a lot of famous people, but my favorite was Kevin Durant, really, and he said he was just a little bit different from everybody else.
Speaker 6: Producer Supreme is mentioning that he met Kevin Durant at the White Party, which is hosted I think in the Hampton's.
Speaker 5: Question was, oh I thought. They asked him who was the most memorable person.
Speaker 7: Fanatics? Michael Rubin.
Speaker 6: I think it's his white party, and I guess Micah was there. Kevin Durant they had some type of encounter, so I guess there you go.
Speaker 5: There you have it, he said. He said he was just a little bit more different than everybody else, sort of like myself, and he called him the slim Reaper.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 5: I liked it, right, And I have to paraphrase this, and this was the quote he goes, I love that stuff because it's like myself.
Speaker 4: I'd love to hear what I'm mentioning this because Kevin Durant was watching the gymnastics. They showed him the basketball team was watching the gymnastics yesterday and Simone Biles. I'd love to hear michaeh his thoughts on someone Biles men. Oh, yeah, unbelievable talent.
Speaker 5: I just can't believe about that vertical how high sheet.
Speaker 6: That's just ridiculous to even mention her age. She's one of the you know, she's twenty seven.
Speaker 7: Years old, but that is very old as.
Speaker 4: Far as old. Yeah, in gymnastics.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she set that that record as far as age goes.
Speaker 7: With winning that goal.
Speaker 5: Well, those guys, those guys basically I saw somebody tweeted out there's no doubt she could dunk a basketball at four eight whatever she is, Yeah, I mean, and just to do it at that level in that situation, on that final floor exercise, as high as she gets, it's incredible.
Speaker 4: Now she's okay. So that was the all around and now she's an other individual apparatus the next few days, and then her husband, Jonathan Owen, who plays for the Chicago Bears, is there.
Speaker 5: I think he's on his way.
Speaker 4: He's not a bit. I was going to say, yeah, surely he's not staying there for two weeks.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they let him go for for a little bit.
Speaker 5: He stayed for the all around. And the fact that she can do a flip on to the vault and then do three in the air before she lands. That's just that's on human. It's inhuman. Can't do that well.
Speaker 6: Her mini docu series is on Netflix.
Speaker 7: It's two episodes. If you haven't watched it, so you guys can go.
Speaker 5: Actually watched it. Yes, very good, it was very good. Yeah, they followed her around and it was Yeah, it was really really good. But yeah, that was amazing, and then they asked my and then Micah said, but the person he wants to meet is Denzel Washington, So that was a little off football. Uh. He was very good about talking about what Mike Zimmer wants him to do, and it's basically everything he's talking about how he's going to make him better because he's going to play all these different positions, meaning linebacker but lined up different spots defensive end, and that you're sort of forced to learn what everybody else is supposed to do, which I think that was one of the things Zim impressed on me back during the OTAs when he talked was about doing what you're supposed to do so other guys can perform what they're supposed to do on that play. Like if you're supposed to loop inside and take up that gap, no matter if the ball's there or you can get to the quarterback, you've got to take up the gap so the linebacker knows that he doesn't have to worry about that and he can go elsewhere to get to the ball.
Speaker 4: Okay, what game last year was the most glaring in your mind of playing irresponsibly, especially on the ed the Arizona game.
Speaker 5: I was going to say Buffalo, but well Buffalo, yeah, zone, and that was early in the season.
Speaker 4: That's being gap responsible.
Speaker 5: Right, you know, all that not free lancing, right.
Speaker 4: And I think that's one of the biggest things that that Zim. It's it's a principle in his defense, you know. And and why he's talking about knowing what other position groups are their responsibilities are so that you're not free lancing. And you know, Okay, on this play, I think I can get to the quarterback well, and then they run another play and they run inside you and they go josh Wua Dobbs goes forty.
Speaker 5: Five yards for a touchdown, right, and and so and zim Uh talked about see I think I think, well, I don't know, I might be guilty that, you know. To get Micah to do what he's supposed to do, Uh, you're going to have to have a come to Jesus meeting with him. And and I know the stubbornness of Zih, but it sounds like, you know, they asked zim about is he coachable? And he goes, Most great players are coachable once they figure out you're trying to make them better. And that's generally the best players are coachable, uh, and so Zim said that I'm convinced now that he can play any position on defense.
Speaker 6: And to even add on to that too, Yim Zim talked about how brilliant Michael Parsons is both off the field.
Speaker 7: And on the field.
Speaker 5: Send understands the game exactly.
Speaker 6: And Zim has been meeting with Micah daily as well as Trayvon Diggs, going over the schemes and what teams are going to do to try and come for Micah in the in the season. And so I think it's really good that Zimmer and Mike are are starting to have more of that personal bond because that's really important as far as the chess piece when you're moving Micah in so many different point that's exactly right.
Speaker 4: And there's more than one of Trayvon's teammates who have unsolicited said in this camp that Trayvon is a genius when it comes to football and so, and you think about it what the Kansas City Chiefs did on defense last year, okay, and what the Chiefs have had to do because they're in the same boat that the Cowboys are in because they're paying so much money to a couple of players on the team, two or three players making so much money that they have got to get guys. And Steve Spagnola has done this on his defense. He gets He's targeted smart guys who can play football, and you saw that in the playoffs last year and going all the way through the Super Bowl. That was I think that was the hallmark of Spagnola's team last year is how smart they played defensively. I think about the defense in the secondary, especially when they were won of the Super Bowl ten years ago, with Richard Sherman and Earl Thomas back there. I mean, was there was a cerebral unit as much as you talk about the legion of Boom whatever, but they were smart players back there.
Speaker 5: Well, it'll be interesting, and I know we shouldn't assume that Trayvon gets back out there good as new, right coming back from the torn acl Usually it takes some time. I saw one ranking that the Cowboys' secondary was the fifth best in the league, and then the other ranking, and then the other ranking on the corner back and you know what, I looked at a bunch of lists and his name wasn't very high on any of them. So I don't know if they're looking at what happened last year because he didn't play.
Speaker 4: Right, they may have been basing it on last year where he only played two good.
Speaker 5: But that ain't the way the question came out to. When I think it was kyup from Channel four said there's a list out there, and Trayvon knew exactly where he was going, and he go what it said? What it said? Like he didn't know what it said? And then he goes, what did it say? And Jeff goes, it said you weren't one of the top ten cornerbacks in the league. Does that motivate you? And are you eager to prove that you are? Again, he goes, I feel like I'm in a league of my own. There is nobody that can do what I do. There is nobody that can do what Bland does. I feel like we're in the league of our own. And that's that we don't care about no list.
Speaker 4: Ah God, I love all right, but we do care about another break here on Mix Shots, brought to you by Miller Lite, and we're back with more from Oxnard in a Moment.
Speaker 2: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 1: Miller Lite is brewed with great taste and only great tape.
Speaker 5: The Miller Brewing Company would like to issue a correction. Miller Lite is brewed to be less filling.
Speaker 7: What are you doing here?
Speaker 10: Miller Lite tastes great.
Speaker 7: Look, I'm just reading the script.
Speaker 5: It says less filling.
Speaker 4: That's not what my script says. Hell mindset.
Speaker 9: We'd like to apologize for the previous announcers. Miller Light is in fact less filling and taste great. I'm rashine legal guy. Celebrate responsibily. Milwaukee, Wisconsin Beer ninety six thousands be point two grams carbs for twelve bounces, fewer cowsand cars than premium regular beer.
Speaker 4: Fall is here and that means football is back, bringing all the delicious game day foods with it as you pray up for all the big games, tailgates and watch parties. Let Yo Kiero be your one stop destination for all things homegating. Yo Kiro's fresh, flavorful, ready to serve guacamoli made with real half avocados will score taste bud touchdowns as you cheer on the Cowboys. Yo k Hero's wide range of mouth watering and versatile products can be found in your local grocery stores, produce or deli section. Grab some today.
Speaker 10: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: If they snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped left. He'll run for a first down.
Speaker 10: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 11: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 10: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 10: Get started at Blockchain dot com, Tomic Shuts.
Speaker 6: Dallas Cowboys Youth football and Dance Camps presented by Invisiline are back. Athletes of all skill levels, ages six to sixteen are invited to learn from the best this summer at Ford Center at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 7: Campers have the chance to.
Speaker 6: Learn technical skills and lessons on teamwork from former NFL players and the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. Two or three day camps are available now. Visit Dallascowboys dot com Slash Camps to learn more and register.
Speaker 4: Today before another Savannah siding the Blue White practice tomorrow. You can watch televised ratch practice, Yes televis. You're a part of it, aren't you.
Speaker 5: Mickey, I think I'm in the opening.
Speaker 4: Yes segment Save the best for First Channel Channel twenty one and Dallas four.
Speaker 5: Worth and Dallascowboys dot Com.
Speaker 4: Maybe we've got the practice and we've got unless this has changed myself. Kyle Yoelmans, Brian brought Us, Nate Newton are involved, and Mickey Spagnola is involved.
Speaker 12: On the broadcast two hour broadcast, it's a warm up for the preseason game for you guys and for us for the pre pregame show.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 5: So I found I found another reason why young people walk around with their phones out reading them okay, because when you run into somebody, you don't have to say hi. It prevents any social interaction.
Speaker 7: At what moment did you realize this?
Speaker 5: When I walk back and forth to the chow hall, all the players that are doing this, and they never look up, and.
Speaker 7: Are you doing now?
Speaker 5: Because I have a I have now a new habit of staring people down and forcing them to say hi. And you don't know how many people I look away, and not just players, there's other people in the organization, and and they'll act like they're distracted looking the other way. It's like, is it so hard to say?
Speaker 4: I know, it's amazing.
Speaker 5: God forbid, if you get in an elevator, would.
Speaker 4: Be I could be you and just one other person walking down a hallway.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was my story.
Speaker 4: Well that's a Mickey sign.
Speaker 5: And I've told you this before, but it was. It was a Monday morning after a loss, and I was coming down the hallway and Parcells was coming the other way, and your natural reaction is go, Hi, Bill, how's it going? And that's what I said, And he goes, not real well, And so from that point I remember to just Hi, Bill, Hi, don't ask too many No, don't ask too much.
Speaker 6: All right, Okay, yesterday I was driving out of the the compounds and I turn over to my left and I see the entire offensive line swimming in the pool. Yeah, And I said, are they doing water aerobics? And come to find out they were.
Speaker 5: They were. And as a matter of fact, when we were shooting my next star shot, we'll do it by the pool up front by the lobby, and the guys were testing the water because they told them it was a heated pool. And I think somebody put their hand here and goes, oh, that's a bunch of bs. But you know what they were doing. They were getting in the hot tub first to warm up before they got in the pool.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 5: And I remember the first time I thought that that would work, like on a ski trip and we were at we were in Snow Mass in Colorado, and I said, well, we're just gonna get in the hot tub because I hear if you get in the hot tub before you go in the pool, it won't be cold. And it was like, well, that's a bunch of bs because it was freezing cold in the pool.
Speaker 6: You could probably only have two of those guys sitting in the hotel before you can jump in the pool.
Speaker 7: They have a bit more than.
Speaker 5: They had two. I think they had four. It well, they weren't sitting, they were all standing.
Speaker 7: I know, I know they're a little small here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, at our hotel, the pool is heated over there. But my issue is not getting in the pool. It's getting out of the pool, right, you know. It's especially in the evening.
Speaker 5: Which I found out in snow mass It's like, yeah, this is this will freeze everything getting out all right?
Speaker 4: We got uh, this is padded practice number three coming up today. What are we looking for now? As the Cowboys had the mock game yesterday and so now we're getting back to the pads on today and tomorrow, and so.
Speaker 5: Are we looking at the next And let's preface this. The two new guys, they probably got to go for a ramp up, so we ain't seen nothing from them till probably Monday at the at the earliest. You know, I think we keep keep keeping our eye on Tyler Geiton to see how he's doing. I think he needs to, you know, become more consistent. I think you see flashes and why I think he can be successful. But then there's other times I think he gets exposed as being a rookie. So keep an eye on that, keep an eye on Neiland's progress, because they're very serious about him taking over that starting defensive end spot.
Speaker 6: I think what I'm looking for is just the slow progression and how they're going to introduce Trayvon Diggs back into everything now that he's off the pup list, and then we can see, you know, how they're going to slowly implement him. But I'm keeping an eye on what he's working on, you.
Speaker 5: Know, practice yesterday when they did the walk through or mock game however they call it. Uh, he was. He was out there at right cornerback doing this and it's a walk through, but he was out there with him going through the steps. I noticed that, I noticed Geyton was with the first team offense. And then just kind of keep an eye on on on these receivers, all these young guys we're through.
Speaker 4: We basically had three con padded and now there was there were four, but one was more of a.
Speaker 5: Mark well the same thing, but it was it was I gotcha not.
Speaker 4: Full speed right and uh so we basically have had five practices so far. So who of those wide receivers has stood out to you?
Speaker 6: You know, I'm gonna have to say Jalen Tolbert And that's based on the fact the amount of times I've seen him just catch catch the ball from Dak and their kind of connection. That's what I'm really liking right now is is the.
Speaker 7: Amount of time Nate is going in the shot. There's something to be said about that.
Speaker 5: How about one guy that you probably weren't expecting much from h tying Billy Johnson Team Billy Uh. He continues to show up. He's been all over in his career.
Speaker 4: And Shotty yesterday in his press conference mentioned him and uh in glowing terms. He a guy that has stood out, much like Nate Newton stands out no matter what room he walks.
Speaker 5: He's gonna ask Nate what stood out to him?
Speaker 4: And he doesn't have a microphone.
Speaker 5: I was going to handle my.
Speaker 4: Producer Supreme to no, No, I'm just studying.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to sit down his studying. I'm not. I don't want to be a part of our show. I really don't.
Speaker 5: You don't want to help us out.
Speaker 4: This is great though, that, Nate, that you're here, because next Monday, just three days from now, you're gonna be sitting right here.
Speaker 7: It's us three.
Speaker 4: I'm leaving. I'm leaving.
Speaker 3: You forced me, you twist my arm? What do you need?
Speaker 5: You think you can get here at eight in the morning.
Speaker 8: Yes I can. Okay, Oh, yes I can. Once I see my prayers, I'm up and going there.
Speaker 7: All right, Okay, Nate.
Speaker 6: Who is one person you're keeping your eye on in today's practice or someone that's been catching your eye recently?
Speaker 3: Uh? God, Number fifty one.
Speaker 4: He's a defensive Endrel Johnson.
Speaker 8: The Rel Johnson. He went to work on past rush. Two days ago. He went to work on our first round pick. Oh, he went to work on him and ah, and he's been making a few plays here and now nobody's really watching him. And then I heard y'all bring up to Ron Billy Johnson that the first day I got here, I went to the coaches about him. But this number fifty one I've been watching. I talked to Greg Ella. It's about Darrell Johnson. I don't know why I keep forgetting this kid's name, but uh, he said, Nate, He said, he has the body, he has the temperament, but he needs to be more of a student of the game. He needs to learn his position and be able to transfer it to the field. He say, he's got talent and I need for him to make this team, but he's a little bit slow in gathering the information and transferring it to the field. So that's the guy I've been watching the last few days and it's just it's just a good kid, but some and that happened to me coming into the NFL my first time. I just I wasn't quick on the learning one night was a dummy. I just couldn't gather it quick enough. And time, you know, time is against him.
Speaker 4: So do you think have the skill set that he could be a sub package pass rusher on passing down Sam Williams was in the last two years.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he got a long body, and when you have a loan body with long arms, all of this stuff, whether you want to be a run defendive, whether you want to be a designated pass rush, all these things are.
Speaker 3: In the in his future if he could just get it upstairs.
Speaker 8: Michael Irby used to preach all the time and Mickey Tael and you was around Bill, but you.
Speaker 3: Was a young lady's ye. But I'm sharing with you now.
Speaker 8: We don't need we don't need guys who are smart for the load of shoulders, you know. And that's what I'm saying. If you don't have it up here mentally, you know, you can have to be the greatest athlete in the world and can't and can't transfer it to the field because you can't think situation of football.
Speaker 3: So that's what we need for this kid to do.
Speaker 5: And you know what makes that type of player valuable now is the new kickoff rule that you got to have some guys that are very, very versatile.
Speaker 3: How did I know he was going to try to put that in the shoulder and.
Speaker 5: We didn't get to it.
Speaker 4: That's right, we saw it last night. Dynamic kickoff. He's really exciting.
Speaker 5: What did people think was gonna happen? It wasn't. It was to just put a play in the game instead of a touchback. I think people thought people were gonna run for touchdowns right away. No one's gonna show what they're gonna do in preseason games. It's gonna be a secret. But when I talk everybody you talk to now listen. I want you to listen. Everybody you talked to was just sick to their stomach over Sam Williams getting hurt because they were gonna.
Speaker 4: Do you know who was the sickest.
Speaker 5: Was John Fossil because even though they were looking at him playing seventy percent of the defensive snaps, Fossil pointed out because of the new rules on the kickoff.
Speaker 4: They were going to use him on an end a round kickoff or turn like Hollywood Henderson back in the day.
Speaker 3: They were going to use.
Speaker 5: Because he's that versatile, a big versatile guy and in blocking and as we talked about having somebody tall on the front line that could tip the ball if they hit line drives without touching.
Speaker 4: And just a trip down memory lane, Hollywood Henderson had an end around kickoff return for the for a touchdown against the Rams, I think in a playoff game his rookie year, and he spiked the ball over, slam dunk the ball over the goal post. That's what kind of.
Speaker 8: Are you happy you forced it on us at dinner yesterday to kickoff?
Speaker 3: That's right? Are you do you forcing it on us now?
Speaker 8: You was two hours late to doing his spot for the national people of the National h people that pay for these spots.
Speaker 3: Because he listened to John Fossil for two hours. I am happy.
Speaker 4: All right. That does it for this edition of Mixed Suits. But the next edition is going to be an Emmy Award winner because Nate Newton and is joining the fray on Monday and I head out of here.
Speaker 5: Is he going to take that spot over there?
Speaker 4: Whatever he takes. What Nate takes, whatever spot he wants to take.
Speaker 8: Let the young lady stay in the middle of it. What's the fun I want you to.
Speaker 5: Move over there that the captain, Yes, Captain shot right, I'm going to turn it over to you.
Speaker 8: Oh no, no, because all I will talk about is John Fossil and how he's going to do special team session.
Speaker 4: Okay, and be sure to catch Nate as well on the Blue white practice tomorrow being televised tomorrow. Okay, it is big time. All right, We'll see you next time. Miryl Mickshots Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.