Speaker 1: This is it craziest day of the year, and it's already been a freaking wild morning.
Speaker 2: Scott ron A, J.
Speaker 1: Prizinski, Eric Kratz, we are with you till six o'clock ish Eastern Time for our trade deadline coverage special.
Speaker 2: We're live the entire time.
Speaker 1: Ken Rosenthal will stop by, Jim Bowden will stop by, Thad Levine will stop by, former front office executive, and a very interesting conversation, being that the twins have been quite active. Buck Showalter for the manager perspective and other guests will join us as well.
Speaker 2: It has been a crazy morning, and Krats also a crazy night.
Speaker 1: We went over some of the big moves yesterday, so we did a live show, a bonus show for about thirty minutes last night, and we covered the Mets grabbing bullpen pieces, the Philly's getting Duran, among other deals that were done last night.
Speaker 2: So we've been busy.
Speaker 1: We're not going to rewrap those too much because we're looking forward here and we've got moves to make and to break down this morning.
Speaker 3: There's a ton. There's a ton that have been made since we went to bed late night style, and now I feel like there's so much exciting things. It's like we're sitting under the tree right now waiting to figure out what gift we're going to open next. Could be disappointed, but it could be something awesome too.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right. There's a move that just got made to that I'll talk about in a moment coming up. We're gonna do a lot of that over the next five hours. But this morning's been a little crazy.
Speaker 3: Well, how about why does the Suarez trade have to happen at four in the morning.
Speaker 4: I mean, come on, we couldn't have waited till this morning to announce that was it gonna be a.
Speaker 3: Four in the morning.
Speaker 1: We as a group, we're like, okay, we're gonna go for five hours today and last night we're like.
Speaker 3: You need a break somewhere in between.
Speaker 1: Fine, that's wow.
Speaker 3: Someone with my attention span, it's a long time.
Speaker 1: That or you get a significant trade every thirty to sixty minutes to keep your attention.
Speaker 2: If there's a lull, there's a lull, he go, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: If there's both, there's still a lot of work to do and there's moves happening basically every thirty minutes right now, trade this segment's called trade latest one. Harrison Bader from the Twins to the Phillies. It's like the Phillies and Twins are friends and they have common interests. The Phillies are buying the Twins are selling the Twins clearly like Philadelphia's prospect packages. Here we go, Kratz. The Phillies signed David Robertson about a week and change ago, picked up Jan Duran, who is one of the best relievers to move in this market. Obviously Mason Miller just moved this morning, but one of the big names and they get two and a half years of a run with him and now Harrison Bader to help man the outfit. And Bader's having I think his best offensive season. He's a little bit above league average with the bat this year. He's kind of tried to find the balance of contact power. Who am I at the play? He's talked about that a lot. He is a fantastic defender. So what do we think is this the answer for them in the outfield and outfield that has not performed well in terms of wins above replacement? The front office, you know, proprietary metrics that look at their outfield, do not like them.
Speaker 2: So are they better now?
Speaker 3: They're better? For sure, they're better. Is Harrison Vader the answer to their offensive woes? I mean, unfortunately, this is this is great, Like they're upgrading what they already have. I think his OPS is seven seventy eight. That would firmly put him in third place on the team's regulars for ops, not the outfield, the whole team. It will go Kyle Schwarber, Bruce Harper, and then Harrison Vader above Trey Turner. They haven't slugged. Is his twelve home runs enough? Is he gonna hit more homers just because he's going to Citizens Bank Park? I don't think so. They had great defense in Johann and Rojas. Yeah, Johann Rojas. I'm saying to me, Johann's right now. But they I think they can. They can deploy him defensively. They'll be able to make those that outfield you know, two thirds three, you know, three out three of the outfield solid lateen innings. So it's gonna be a mix and match for the bullpen. But you know, is this is this the big splash Phillies fans wanted?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Is this what Jim Boden said, I think the Phillies are gonna go crazy. This is not it, This is not it. But I think it takes him out of the Lewis Robert stuff. They were not They saw a front and center Lewis Robert for three games and they said, maybe the price is the price is wrong. Bob.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, Vader's having a much better season than Robert to this point. I mean, Roberts got the potential. And Mark Finztein just put this out, he said. Although the Socks have spoken to a number of teams about Robert, sources say it's more likely he stays with Chicago through the trade deadline idiots. The White Sox would likely pick up his twenty million dollar option for twenty six and hope for more of what they've seen over the past month.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's always a hope with this guy. It's always a hope. I always hope he stays healthy. Oh, we hope he's good for two years he hasn't. We can hope and wish and all that, but it ain't worked for two years now.
Speaker 1: It's bad news for Luis Ryl.
Speaker 3: Why why would we Why listen as a White Sox fan if you can get a prospect for him. Make the other team make the twenty million dollar decision. Your payroll is going down, down, down, down, down down. Bringing up all these young kids and they look great. But if you can get something for him, what you're gonna wait till the offseason and pick up his option and then teams are gonna go, well, we need to see him play well, and then you're stuck with it.
Speaker 1: We're it on the street is that they want a top five prospect from a team, and teams are laughing at it.
Speaker 3: I want a lot of stuff in life, but I don't always get what I want.
Speaker 1: Teams are laughing at rolling Stones. He want nothing, so they get laughed at. I think there's probably a team that's more in like the tenth overall prospect. And again this is all relatives. Some farm systems are better than others. But trying to generalize here, if you have an average farm system, does your tenth best prospect get Louise Robert? That's what he's worth right now? The White Sox feel like that's a ripoff. Yeah, but because his value has dropped significantly, this isn't Louise Robert from twenty twenty three, when we talked about this and said, you'd have years of control of a guy who could be an MVP candidate. It's just not the reality of the situation right now. So the Phillies have said, moving on, thanks, We'll take Harrison Vader. His elite defense, his career year at the plate, his clutchness in the postseason. He's had great postseason moments.
Speaker 3: He's a Gator.
Speaker 1: He's a Gator. He's a gamer. Dudes like him. Boom done. He's a Philly all.
Speaker 3: Right for Crats. Besides Bruce Harper, are the rest of the Philly fans excited about Harrison Vader?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 2: Why Krats, I'm gonna go against you here.
Speaker 1: Much fun is he?
Speaker 3: How much better is he than Martian Rojas the other two guys?
Speaker 1: He's much better than Rojas'm he's a much better bat than Roga.
Speaker 2: Uh defensively better still better.
Speaker 3: On Philly Radio today, are you like crap we got Duran and Bader? Or are you like, yes, we got Durne and Bader. They are yes, we got them right now. You asked me if they're happy, Yeah, they're please. They definitely want beater. There is no bigger fan base that wants Rojas out of center field, and they shouldn't. I mean, he shouldn't be getting any at bats. They shouldn't. He's a solid defensive Big leaguer. And if you upgrade with a guy who can play center field every day, right he's and lefties. I think they have the pieces that can fit to make it a really good outfield. But you asked me if Philly fans are happy with that. No, they want the Monster move. They've wanted the Monster move since aj Prasinski came on here and said, I watched John Middleton leave, leave the stadium. He was not pleased, and then they heard all the reports. We are not gonna sit status quo. There's no way this team sits status quo. It's the same. It's the same team from when they lost to the Mets in the NLS, at the NLDS they lost to the Mets. It is essentially the same team. They Philly fans want something big. Yesterday they were juiced fireworks at the shore yesterday. Love it. Johan Duran awesome, Harrison Bader great, ad love that, but they want more.
Speaker 1: FT fan, we have a special offer for you if you go to surfshark dot com slash foul or use the code foul at checkout get yourself four extra months of surf Shark VP. It's a risk free, thirty day money back guarantee and you can see more information in our show notes. It's surf shark dot com slash foul. And why should they check out surf SHARKVPN crats, Well, this is a.
Speaker 3: No brainer because I travel a lot and I'm online. I need to have that security, and as a former catcher, I need someone else to catch my digital threats online. Surf Sharks the place.
Speaker 1: It's time to take control of your online security. Try surf Shark today and enjoy their thirty day money back guarantee. Secure your digital world now visit the link below, it's in the notes. Start surfing securely. Until next time, stay tuned and stay safe. Check out surf shark dot com slash foul. Okay, their bullpen is better or should be better than last year.
Speaker 2: Correct Duran? They didn't have a duran.
Speaker 1: Alvarado's good and I know he'll be back for the regular season the postseason. You think the bullpen last year was better than the bullpen this.
Speaker 3: Year it was one of the best bullpens in the game last year. Jeff Hoffman, Yes, I know they blew it in the playoffs. The Jeff Matt strom stromp SI was throwing a hundred. Strom still there. I get it. But that bullpen last year, minus the playoffs, was one of the best. At one point, I think they were the best bullpen in baseball.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold up, Duran. They had a rough series. Yeah, Strom's still there. Kirking's been pretty good. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 3: Craft.
Speaker 1: I don't have everyone's numbers, but I don't watch every freaking game. Uh, Duran is better than Alvarado, and you're still gonna have Alvarado until the end of the regular season. Duran is better than Alvarado, period, no question. And I think David Robertson's going to be good. Is going to be no, I think he is.
Speaker 3: He's always been good. He does cutters.
Speaker 2: He was nasty last year.
Speaker 3: Cutters and curveballs. You could pitch to your one hundred. I think you just throw a curveball. You can't.
Speaker 1: They did a nice job. I would get one more. I don't think they're going to for the bullpen. I would get one more. Okay, now let's go to the position player side. I think we're undervaluing how much of a difference Rojas is to beat. Batter is a massive upgrade, even if the offense sticks down a little bit. Right, John Rojas has a fifty eight ops plus this year?
Speaker 3: Is that good?
Speaker 1: Fifty eight?
Speaker 2: That's not a major league bat?
Speaker 3: But you said that Cabrian Hayes is right there.
Speaker 2: No, I'd smashed that trade yesterday.
Speaker 1: Fifty eight. Harrison Bader's ops plus is one to eleven guys, they're not in the same stratosphere.
Speaker 3: Who else did you want?
Speaker 2: Here's my thing?
Speaker 1: What did you want?
Speaker 2: What did you want?
Speaker 1: They got a top two closer available, right, Him and Miller were the best two closers available, and we didn't even know Miller was available. So you got Duran to lock it down. You signed Robertson, and you even have to give up any prospects. You kept all of your top prospects. You got Batter to upgrade the outfield. What else did you want?
Speaker 3: I am in agreeance with you. The question was posed to me on Philly radio. W I p are people happy? No, they're not happy. They want they want an aircraft carrier. When you when Philly fans started hearing the fact that Kyle Tucker was a possibility in the off season. That's where they set their bar. That's what they're looking for at this trade deadline. When people hear that Montgomery, I mean on Montgomery, that Dave Dombrowski is going to go crazy, that he is going to this is his chance to solidify himself in Philly Lore. They want something big. They want a Hineo Suarez. They want didn't get it. They want that aircraft carrier that has not shown up for this team yet. It can't be Schwarber and Bryce Harper or it will be a quick out in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: So Gino Suarez was what they want and that they're not getting.
Speaker 1: That was the guy because else.
Speaker 3: That that type of that type of pickup, like a there's.
Speaker 1: Only one Welledric Mullins. Harrison Vader's having a better year than Cedric Mullins.
Speaker 2: I like Mullins.
Speaker 3: He's probably a better defender.
Speaker 2: Better defender, yes, but I'm.
Speaker 3: Saying like a Cedric Mullins and then a somebody somebody in that upper tier, somebody in that upper tier, I think they went. I don't think it's upper tier though. I'm just telling you what Philly fans are gonna say.
Speaker 1: I know, but there was one guy available for that, so they wanted to upgrade third and get Gino Suarez. Right, that's it. I mean, there's nobody else of that caliber available. You can make a case for Stephen Kwan. I don't I don't know what's gonna happen there, step Enquaan.
Speaker 3: They're probably asking a boat load for it because the years of control. I mean, yeah, I think I think the original package was going to be Emmanuel Classe and Stephen Kwan, and I think fans would have been blown away with that, especially.
Speaker 1: I'll take a class.
Speaker 3: Too soon. The Guardians are still gonna give it, give it up.
Speaker 1: It was past midnight when the Mariners and the Diamondbacks agreed to a deal that sends Geno Suarez out to Seattle. The prospect return includes Tyler Locklear, who could be the long term solution at first base for the Diamondbacks, Hunter Cranton, who's got some upside, a pitcher in Juan Burgos as well, another right handed picture prospect. There's your return on the nice, pretty ft trade graphic. So the Diamondbacks get a boatload of prospects over a week span from the Mariners and they give up both corner infield bats Josh Naylor and Geno Suarez.
Speaker 3: Had or.
Speaker 1: I think that they were talking a few days ago and the ask was larger for the Diamondbacks, and then they're shopping it around and teams like the Tigers and the Cubs and then even the Reds who gave up. The Yankees who gave up weren't offering what they thought they were going to get. It is a nice prospect return, but if you think Gino Suarez is going to continue his fifty plus homer pace, it's a light return. He's a rental This is how the position player rental market works.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm not gonna lie. I don't know a lot about a lot of these prospects. So I mean cool, they think it was worth it. I mean cool, But I mean I know what Geno Suarez is, and I know Geno Suarez when he left. We talked about it yesterday. When he left the Mariners. They weren't super abby when he left. Remember, they're like, he strikes out too much. Now they go out and get him again, So he must have been pretty good. Or are they just hoping they keep continue to catch lighting a bottle, but he does go from Arizona to T mobile what it's called now T mobile or right we all know the batter's I is messed up and right handed hitters can't hit because.
Speaker 1: People think that you hate on the ballpark two minutes and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, I love that ballpark. That's like one of my favorite places to hit of all time. Yeah, I loved hitting there.
Speaker 1: You know who else is fine with that ballpark?
Speaker 3: Cal Raley mm hmm, I loved hitting and seat. I love Seattle. People ask me, like one of my favorite series. I loves up to six hours from where I live. Like, I love Seattle, I mean Seahawk. I root for the Seahawks besides the Bears, but they're my second team because my buddy works for the Seahawks. So shout out Darren shadow k love you guys. Thanks for all the gear. But yeah, like I mean, I've ran balls for the Sea I was the ball boy for the Seahawks. I love Seattle.
Speaker 1: Okay, So do you love the Mariners enough to call them a World Series contender? Could this team win a World Series this year for the first time in franchise history? Do they have it.
Speaker 2: Do they have the song.
Speaker 3: Enough win a World Series?
Speaker 1: Okay, let me let me run it down for you, just to remind everyone that's gonna watch this later on and comment if you're watching later on, if you think the Mariners have enough sauce to win a World Series. JP Crawford leadoff. That's your shortstop. Julio Rodriguez center field, who's playing well over the season. Now he is looking like a superstar and usually gets hot towards the end of the year. Cal Raley's having an insane season historically great. Randy rose Arena is playing like a superstar this year. Josh Naylor, great ad. I don't think you could have done much better. A Henney O Suarez, best bat available, best short term rental bat available, Jorge Polanco they have listed here as DH having a okay year. Dominic Canzone they have listed here in right field. And this is what they have for their lineup against right handed pitching. And then Cole Young, the rookie who's over at second base for them. You've got Williamson on the bench for them now, who's looked really good at third base. Defensively, he could replace Gino later in games. Gino could do a little DH action, So you don't think that whole mix enough.
Speaker 3: For Youuez is a superstar. I disagree, but that's all different topic. We don't have enough time because we're talking about trades. I like their lineup, I do, but why are they not winning? That's my question? Why are they not If this, if this team is so great even before they got sware, is why are they floundering at I mean, there are a couple games above five hundred, but they're not. You know what, there's something clearly missing crats.
Speaker 1: If I'm new to card collecting and I'm looking for the safest, most trusted way in the game to acquire cards or to buy a card, but not go through a ton of work where I'm going to the shows, I'm going online doing auctions. I want it all in one place. I'm going to Ariada Club.
Speaker 3: It's all in one place. You know you're getting a good price, whether you're buying it or you're selling cards. If you're new to it, you don't want all the other crappy cards. You can get the ones that you want. You can start your collection, and if you get them on to Rita Club, your collection will look a Bouse.
Speaker 1: That's right, and may I mention they also have Pokemon cards in those slash packs that we talk about every week. You can rip a pack for as low as twenty five dollars and hit on a card that's worth tens of thousands of dollars because every pack has grails that are at least twenty x the price of the pack. So get involved at arenaclub dot com. Slash foul used a code foul to get twenty percent off your first slap pack or card purchase. I think that their bullpen is good, not great, and you can see many of these teams assembling super bullpens. The rotations there Brian Wu, George Kirby, Logan Gilbert, Luis Castillo and Logan Evans as your five. That's a world series rotation for me, right, Okay, the bullpen is brash and munos that I really trust and then Bizardo Spear like they picked up Caleb Ferguson. I need another high leverage guy there compared to what I'm seeing across the league now?
Speaker 2: Or do you want to do a challenge.
Speaker 3: Rather Pepio just doing right down the middle of the park called the ball for his no The answer is no, they're not a World Series team right now because they haven't figured out what aj just said, how to win consistently. They have the pieces and the reason that you could say they are a World Series team. If they were in the NL West and not the AL West, we wouldn't even really be talking about this team other than they're gonna have to get hot to really make a run here. But it's the American League. We just said yesterday, it's hard to say who the best team in the American League is. If you have three legit number one starters, you have a shot. If you add to that a shortstop that I've always said, I feel like Crawford is the straw that stirs this drink, and you have an MVP. We didn't think the MVP was going to be coming from catcher. We thought it would be coming from center field. On this team. You have all the ingredients to have a really good team. You made the moves to make a run. Now they have to figure it out. Dan Wilson has to figure out how to make sure a Heneo Suarez is it a right mind space that he he knows that the organization likes him and he just continues to do what he did in Arizona. You need to make sure that cal Rawley stays fresh and wins the MVP that he's now in line to win. They need to make sure that this team believes in what that they're in, what they're doing, and what the team built and front office. Right now, Terry Depoto has given nothing but a vote of confidence to this team by making the moves that they've done. So yes, they have the team to do it right now. No, they're not a World Series team.
Speaker 1: I think they are, especially if they get one more reliever. I think they are a very legit World Series contender, and they're what about.
Speaker 3: Without one reliever? What about with one? Without one? They don't make that move.
Speaker 1: I just think that hurts the division.
Speaker 3: Do they have to win the division now?
Speaker 1: Absolutely not. They can win a wildcard round because I don't know if that well. I mean, they're five games back of Houston. They're in the same spot as Texas right now, they have the same record as Texas. But projecting forward over the next couple months, this should be a good team. They should at least grab a wild card spot in an American league that is full of teams in a similar realm as them that are selling. So this team should make the playoffs, and in the playoffs they've got the rotation. In my mind, they have the lineup. I'd like to get one more high leverage reliever. Jerry Depoto, you've got fourish hours to get that done. Trade. Let's get to Shane Bieber. He is a Toronto Blue Jay. This one went down this morning. They had been looking for another starter and they land the former al Cy Young Award winner. Good job by Toronto to get him and Sir Anthony Dominguez for their bullpen. Most fans want more up in Canada. They'd like to see at least another reliever. Here's the thing about Bieber. When he's on, he's money. But he hasn't pitched in a long time, so there is some risk there. I know that he's had some rehab outings. I think he just had his fourth one looking good. But you're asking a guy to get thrust into the middle of a playoff race in late July. It was a pressure thing.
Speaker 3: It's pitched in almost mean a year and a half.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty three, so it's it's not about it if he mentally can handle it. Obviously, Ken he's been a g in the league for like ten years. But is he gonna be okay coming off of major injury? Command wise, we'll see.
Speaker 3: There's no way to another day in Akron, and there's a bunch of scouts there, so I think he will. I mean, we'll see, We'll see, We'll see. Like Shane beaver Coin flip, this dude was a horse, Sandale Contra was a horse. Obviously. We have that recency bias with Sandy, like it took him a little while. Some guys come right off with Tommy John and they go never missed a beat. Or actually, I feel better than I used to because I was pitching through pain before, so I like it. I like it for the Blue Jays because I didn't really feel like they needed to definitely solidify the piece, like they have three starters for the first three games of the playoffs and so it's more of get to the end of the season. Eric Lauer is still ahead of Shane Bieber right now. Max Schurzer's last doubting he's still ahead of Shane Bieber. It's a good depth piece. I don't think it would have been a good move if Shane Bieber goes to a team that's like, we need a third starter for the playoffs. I don't think that would have been a good move. Not say he can't do it and step in, but you just can't put a ton of pressure on a guy just coming off with Tommy Johns.
Speaker 1: Also, the upside for Shane Bieber if he's right from the jump, number one or two starter, he's that good from the jump, he's right. If he's right, I think, for example, yeah, if he's right, I think for example, the Blue Jays did their homework on Sandy al Contra and Eduard Cabrera probably called the pirates about Mitch Keller and they're still deciding what they.
Speaker 2: Want to do. No comment.
Speaker 1: But Brios, Barrios, Gossman, Bassett, Eric Klower has been awesome and he's i think leading the charge in Kate per nine for them too. So they're swinging mists. They're heading into the playoffs if you believe what he's been selling for the really the whole season now and then Surezer and Bieber, that's six good starters right there that'll play. So they're done there. The question is do they get another reliever because now guys when I'm matching up their bullpen against some of the other better bullpens in the league, they're short. For me, they're short. I know this is going to be a theme today, But there's not enough there. Okay in October, good, not great.
Speaker 2: One more that could be a Santana or a Bednar.
Speaker 1: One more, one more reliever.
Speaker 2: I don't need anything from the offense.
Speaker 1: You want to get a utility guy like a Willie Castro or something like that.
Speaker 3: I think I think there's I think there's situations in the offense where I think you'll start getting more slug. Not dissimilar to the Phillies. I think it's a way different looking lineup, but I think Laddie's slug could always go up. Bow's been really good this year because he's starting to drive guys in. He's having professional at bats. So to get more slug from him, I don't know. To me, it's it's it's a winning player. RBIs are winning is a winning stat that doesn't always show up in the slug department, doesn't show up in the damage department. But this team doesn't strike out, and they're figuring out ways to score runs, and so they don't necessarily quite need as much slug. So I agree with you. I think their I think their offense is gonna be what it is this year and they just need to keep churning along. But a four game lead. At this time of year, nobody had the Jas with a four game lead, even like four weeks ago, nobody had the Jay's with a four game lead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's incredible. There it is.
Speaker 1: They're four up on the Yanks, five up on Boston, and then the Rays have.
Speaker 3: Fallen backs are out of it. Last traded away all kinds of people. The game last night really killed them too.
Speaker 1: Who are they trading? They haven't traded Fairbanks yet. They haven't traded.
Speaker 3: Well, they traded yeah, but they traded yeah. And I feel like they're maybe making a couple other ones. But they've better hurry They've better hurryup to get to this game. Yonny Diaz was pitching for but he got hit by a pitch everyone.
Speaker 2: How about Pete Fairbanks to the Blue Jays.
Speaker 3: I don't think they're gonna trade guys in division though. Teams don't do that a lot.
Speaker 1: Why because if I'm the Ras, though, now do that?
Speaker 3: Don't you listen to Jerry rhinestor if we don't trade guys.
Speaker 1: In division, the Twins and Tigers, the division addock. But my thing is, if you got Fairbanks in your Toronto and you said the prospect back, that prospect can burn the Blue Jays as a Ray for years to come. I don't think the race cares much about that. I think, yes, Jerry Reinsdorf cares about that. Stu Sternberg's about to sell the Rays. What does he care? I think he cares if he sells away a piece that goes to Toronto.
Speaker 3: Raise. No one knows what are doing. Hang on, I'm ready. I did to hear what you guys are saying. I'm writing down Jerry Reinsdorf trade deadline quotes by Aj Prazinski. Just come back to me for any questions.
Speaker 1: David Bednar going from the Pirates to the New York Yankees. The Yankees now have a back end of the bullpen that includes Devin Williams, who they acquired in the offseason from the Brewers. Luke Weaver, who was a star high leverage guy for them last year and now is part of a mix with two other All stars. David Bednar is one of the best relievers in baseball. In twenty twenty two and twenty twenty three, he had a two to two five ERA. He was an All Star both seasons. He took a big step back last year and then at the beginning of this year it was like what he was demoted after three bad appearances to start the season. He had retired just three of his first nine batters and it was a quick hook they sent him down. Since then, stud he's got a low low two zra hes a two to three seven ERA. He's towards the top of the league in strikeout percentage. The walk number's pretty low. I mean, there's a lot to like here. He throws ninety seven. He's been a closer for years. When he's right, he's right. We spoke about him towards the top of FT today. There's pros and cons. This guy who got demoted this year, he's faced some heat and he's cracked. Now he's gone down and fixed himself. You're going from the Pittsburgh Pirates, a top three joke in our sport right now in terms of how they run as a franchise, and they have not been in anything in his entire career. He has never pitched in big moments. Now he's going to the Yankees. Do you think this will work?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he'll be okay. I always I always charge. I always tend to lean towards the signe of the player can be able to do it. So, yeah, I think it can work. I hope it does work for Bednar. I hope it does.
Speaker 1: Remember the beginning of the season for Devin Williams. I'm just presenting all sides here.
Speaker 3: There's one difference. Devin Williams has done it in the biggest He's yeah, he blew he blew one save last year.
Speaker 1: But in the beginning of this year he he was It took him some time to get settled here. Does Bennar just move over to the Bronx and thrive Krats? You've played for both teams, Pirates and Yanks. What do you got.
Speaker 3: Yes, because he's gonna be in the sixth or seventh inning. They're forgetting that. You forget about those times in the game, except right now. It's tense. I tweeted it before. The Bronx is burning like it is tense there. There's a lot of stress. They don't have Superman in the lineup right now. Devin Williams Dale Budinger last night. His team bailed him out. But these are things that go through closers lives in a regular season, and when your team is four games behind in first place, you're sitting there going like every little thing, everything little thing hurts in the eighth and ninth inning. I don't think they're gonna put Bednor in the eighth and ninth inning right out of the gate. I think he's gonna be a six to seventh inning guy. I think he's gonna get the meat of the order the first the third time through. I think that's where they're gonna kind of feed him in and let Luke Weaver and Devin Williams continue to control that eighth and ninth inning.
Speaker 1: Just some context on the prospect return, because some people are saying it's pretty significant.
Speaker 2: Jeff Passen said.
Speaker 1: Among the return catcher Rafael Flores, who tore up Double A now he's at triple A. He's a top top shell framer, regarded as a big league ready catcher, A very good centerpiece. Also in the deal, ed Gleen Perez. He's nineteen years old, he said, excellent swing decisions. And then the last piece in this deal is center fielder Brian Sanchez. So three prospects moving from the Yankees to the Pirates. Funny they're they're looking for catching help. I mean not long ago.
Speaker 3: Henry Davis. And what's the other guy who hurt his arm? Rodriguez. Yeah, isn't he supposed to be pretty good? Yes, but he hasn't. He hasn't come back healthy since that injury. You always need catching, and the Yankees catching development has been elite. Don't tell Aaron gersher Fell I said that. But they have been developing catchers the last three four years. I taught Aaron Gerson Fello. He knows. So that's probably why they're doing it.
Speaker 1: This part actually does make sense. You have a team in the Pirates who have done a poor job developing catchers lately.
Speaker 2: Agreed, that's that's easy.
Speaker 1: They've had a poor job a lot everything, no pitching. They've developed some arms. Let's give them credit for stop Bubba Chandler Jones.
Speaker 3: Where's Boba Chandler.
Speaker 1: Well, they're holding him back because they don't want to pay him. But he's gonna continue. Barat Jones, he's hurt. David Bednar. They've developed some starters.
Speaker 3: I'm not even trolling just talked about he's been average, Paul has been great. He was one one he was what's the lifetime got?
Speaker 2: Mitch Keller is a very serviceable big league starter?
Speaker 3: That okay, cool? Right? Every team has at least two of those.
Speaker 1: So they've done a nice job drafting and development starters. I think that's a fair.
Speaker 3: Place still waiting for who You're gonna tell me they.
Speaker 1: All else and do better, no doubt, no doubt, tell me one. I'm not the guy that's going to stand here and defend the pirates you just did. I'm just saying, if there's one part that they've done a decent job of, they have some starters, They have.
Speaker 3: Some starter he he didn't go and developed them.
Speaker 2: Their twenty six rotation is Skemes Jared Jones.
Speaker 1: Should I know? But he's coming back from a classic TJ that that's usually okay these days.
Speaker 3: So you just had it. So he's gonna miss a lot of next year.
Speaker 1: Bubba Chandler is one of the top pitcher.
Speaker 3: The b leagues. A great interview. Haven't seen a pitch in the big leagues. Numbers and triple A are okay, not fabulous. Mitch Keller Okay, but.
Speaker 2: There there's guys.
Speaker 1: That's not the part to pick on the point of this. The point of this was they've done a terrible job developing catchers. Kratz just said, the Yankees have done a nice job of developing catchers. If you're them, you get a guy who's in the upper level of the miners, who's already been through the whole development system, with a team that knows how to do it, and then you bring them over.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 1: Stearn's running the front office for the New York Mets at it again. They're finalizing a deal to acquire Cedric Mullins from the Baltimore Orioles. And in that deal you've got three prospects, Ramon Gomez, Anthony Nunez, and Chandler Marsh. I know their top end guys. None of those three are on that list, and this is a rental and Mullins is a free agent. On paper, statistically, this has not been a great year for him. But I'll bring up a tweet, for example, from Chelsea James, who covers baseball for The Posts and has been on the show before. She said, a thought on Mullins always impact the number show Clutch often was the one who found a way when younger OS hitters were struggling, made cutch plays in the athlete as often as he did spectacular ones. Offers more than meets the eye. I agree with that, and that's been a thing around the league where they're like, I'm sure that numbers are playing the way they should with someone like him.
Speaker 2: You know how the metrics are.
Speaker 1: I mean I mostly go off of them, but like when I watch him in center field, he's pretty damn good out there.
Speaker 3: I think he's a great player. Yeah, he's not having a great year. He hit a good first half, but I don't know. Yeah, I like this for the match's He's going to fit in there perfectly. He's left handed bat. He can go play center field there. They have a ray fielder, they have the left fielder. He can go. He gives Jeff mcgil a chance to not play center field. Tyrone Taylor is the other guy, right. So I like this move for the Mets. I think it makes them a better team. And for everything I've heard about said, he's a great guy. So kudos Mets.
Speaker 2: Ye joy men had some big moments. I got in.
Speaker 3: Yesterday was pretty good.
Speaker 1: This catch yesterday was ridiculous. You want that in your postseason, Mets fans know, Anddy Chavez, you want an indie Chavez like play again for an October moment.
Speaker 2: This is your guy. I think this is a perfect move.
Speaker 1: This has been speculated for like two months, ever since the Oriols.
Speaker 2: Fell out of it.
Speaker 1: People are like, this is the guy that they should go get to handle center field. It's an open spot for them. It is definitely an upgrade over Tyrone Taylor. I got into it with a couple of Mets fans on YouTube the other day when we were breaking them down and they're like, it's not.
Speaker 2: An upgrade, You're insane. It's an upgrade even just the bat.
Speaker 1: This is a down season for Cedric Mullins with the bat one five ops plus Tyrone Taylor's at sixty this is an upgrade. Okay, this is a significant upgrade at that position. There were teams that needed to fill center field. They've done that. The Mets were in on Luis Robert. They weren't going to give up one of their top prospects for him, so they went back to the Oriols. They picked up Cedric Mullins, and I actually think Mullins has the higher floor. Robert could be a star or he could be a bust. Do you think Mullens is going to go over to the Mets and fall apart. I think he's going to be at least at least an average player, and he could find it again. He's had some seasons where he's really jumped with the bat.
Speaker 3: This be This might sound anti met of me, but I think it's going to be a tryout in center field. The offense. The offense is really good, but center field's a position where they need somebody to step up. Very rarely do you say, hey, whoever plays the best is the one that plays normally. It's like, hey, we'll just give this guy most of the bats. Get it. Tyrone Taylor's got a sixty ops plus right now, and Cedric Mullins has you know, a league average one hundred something. Whoever gets hot, whoever gets hot with this team, because I don't think they want Jeff McNeil and center. The reason Jeff McNeil's and center is because they don't have a spot for him anywhere else, and he's been hitting okay. So to me, whoever hits the best out of you know that whole combination of outfielders will be the three two outfielders at play. One SODA's gonna play every day. Sorry, two outfielders that will play. So it's really you're everybody's starting with zero at bats starting today. They get there. Whoever hits the best when the job.
Speaker 1: No, I'm a hard pass Mullins their centerfielder.
Speaker 3: They might run someone else against the left. You but you have Nimo and left, and you have Soto and right. There's your two outfielders, and then you have one guy and it's gonna be Cedric Mullins and center for me. You don't make this trade unless you're planning on playing them. You might use Taylor against the off lefty if they face like a crochet or a freed or a sale or something like that, but other not centered. Mold's got to play.
Speaker 1: And my thing is yes, Goods in center field lately. And some people are like, oh, he's looked okay, October, that's not my center field. No, okay, darting centerfield. Try the whole way through. No, No, that's why they did three prospects for this guy. They're not bringing him into the bench. Suspects prospects well lower end because it's a rental. I mean they waited a while. We've talked about Mullins as a trade candidate for the last couple of years, months, but even the past couple of years, because people were like, are they going to resign him? It's getting close to free agency. He was a guy that people thought early on, like first two three years, they would do to one of those really cheap, team friendly extensions. I think they should have done it, but they didn't do it. They waited, so extensions didn't signed anybody. They literally haven't signed any of them.
Speaker 3: They need to sign him to an extension, Cedric Mollins. It went exactly how they thought. They didn't need to sign them to extension. A big extension after you had thirty homers.
Speaker 1: It's not a big extension when you're a year or two in. It's one of those extensions where you end up costing like Key Brian Hayes money or Christian Campbell money.
Speaker 2: Right, And if he has.
Speaker 3: Good enough, did they need to do that for Cedric as?
Speaker 1: I think so? If I'm if I'm an Orioles fan, I want Cedric Mowans for the next five years.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think good teammate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he's in a league average, if not above average bat, and I think he handled centerfield nicely. I would have had him on this team for a while, bring some continuity, and he would have been cheap back then. I think so. I mean, only he knows if he even got any offers, but that's not their thing, and they were going through a sale process. Whatever. He's now a Met. I think he's gonna be helpful for them. Let's recap the Mets moves so far. So center field. They get Mullins relief pitching. They get Gregory Soto for him and Brooks Ray from the left side. They get Tyler Rodgers, who provides a very different look out of the bullpen, which is cool for the playoffs. Get you ground balls, all that right, and then they get Ryan Helsley, who is just here for the rest of this He's pitched in big moments, he's been a closer. It's him and Diez in the eighth and the ninth inning.
Speaker 3: Pretty good, pretty good deadline for the Mets. If you're a Mets fan, you get excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some Mets fans wanted a starter too.
Speaker 3: I'm just going to bang bag on this because we all know his homerism for the Phillies, so he's going to bag on this. No matter what. They could have went out and got Wan Soto, Aaron Judge, Bryce Harper, Trey Turner, Freddy Freeman, Mookie Betts, show Hey, and he still would have been like, Nope, Phillies are better. I love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love I get it.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do the Anthony Tacomo but I love I love their bullpen, their bullpen, and Tyler Rodgers the most underrated piece of that entire bullpen. Right now, look up his numbers. He is going to be a problem. You do not want to face him.
Speaker 1: The Astros got Carlos Correa back to Houston to play third base, replacing the injured De SoC Paratus, who has a significant hamstring injury and it sounds like he's done for the year. They replace him with Korea. This is a first place team in the Al West. This is your breaking news powered by MLB nine Innings. Let's get into it. First off, former Astro aircrats, how shocked are you to see this actually go down? There has to be a lot of money moving in this one, because he's got I think twelve million dollars left this year from now until the rest of the season, and then I think ninety three million dollars over three more seasons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, until twenty eight. Till twenty eight. Obviously there's some team options at the end of it that after this season doesn't look like they'll pick it up. But if somebody ever comes back from from injuries. I mean, Carlos Correa, the dude works hard. I am. I am as shocked is when I first heard that it was a possibility, Like, really, no way. I know the Astros wanted somebody because Paradis injury was very significant. It wasn't just a tweaked ham string. Seems like now they weren't going to have him back, but hey, you know, you can always use another bat if he does make it back. But this is a move that if it wasn't the Astros, I would be like, wow, why did they do this? But maybe the Astros see like a first step quickness that's going to work out for him at third base. Jeremy Paine is coming back to play short. Maybe that takes some wear and tear off of that foot. I just Astros were going to pick up almost all of Aeronado's contract in the off season. Are they willing to pick up almost all of this? Because I don't see the Twins saying, oh, yeah, we've got extra money, we'll pick up some of this. So it'll be interesting to see where it's at. But I this is a case of water levels out. You gotta think Carls Korey is going to play better unless there's something significantly physically hampering him.
Speaker 1: And what have we all been saying? He wanted to it's his no trade clause. He wasn't going to go anywhere but back to Houston, a place that he was down to stay with. But Houston generally doesn't lock up their guys to these really long term deals. They've done it with a few, but not many. Right, al two A keeps getting them, but well two.
Speaker 3: Is the one guy. Yes, he's like the fakes, right. I just want to know the money, the money in the prospects, because if Houston is eating all the money, then they probably didn't have to send much back right now. That's how it works, Like the more money Minnesota has to eat to send him there, the better prospects you usually get in return. So that's what I want to.
Speaker 1: See they're not eating all the money. I mean the latest I'm trying to get it.
Speaker 3: It's I'm breaking as we're talking.
Speaker 1: I'll give you a tweet though, like Bob night and Go said the fifty million of his contract as the Astros had desired, but still they eat a significant amount. And other major league players are involved in this mega deal.
Speaker 3: Major league players, like major league young guys like a Chas McCormick. I mean, what are we look talking about it.
Speaker 1: We're gonna find out in the next few minutes as we're talking about it, we'll probably be Carlos.
Speaker 3: Correa was one hell of a player for the Astros, Okay, if he can go back and be a semblance of that with the team they have now Payna the way he's playing, they get Alvarez back, they're pitching, and people are saying they're in unseas and al Contra and Kelly and all these other people. If they make another move Astros. As much as we loved on what the Mayors did, Astros don't forget have a five game lead and they know how to win in the postseason, and you have Hater and a Brady at the back end. It's still a damn good team.
Speaker 1: They have been missing Jeremy Pannya.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Alvarez pretty much all year.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have Paanya for the stretch run. Bradis is done, You're gonna have your on Alvarez. You would think at some point in the next month. This team has a five lead in the American League West, So they're adding core and you're a don Avares. That's a good team. Also, they're still trying to get a starter as we speak. I've seen multiple insiders talk about how they're still looking for a starter from Dylan Ceesta, Merril Kelly, and you name it. They're asking about him, Sandy al Contry. They last week were scouting the Sandy versus Dylan Ce's game to watch both of them. There's their division lead, there's sixty two and forty seven. Manager Joe Espada has done an incredible job this year. Craps Yeah, and Dana Brown. I mean, look at the Cubs trade. You're not happy if you're an Astros fan and you lose Kyle Tucker. But Cam Smith right off the jump contributor and Essikrates Yeah, eastak Prades was great for them in the first half, he was an All Star and Kratz cam Smith has become a plus defender in the outfield in five minutes.
Speaker 3: He did love. Maybe the reason he wasn't that great at the beginning of the season, his glove was still being broken in. Cam Smith wasn't like, they're teaching him to play the outfield in the big leagues and his offense nothing but improve the whole time. Slam dunk on that one, slam dunkle on the east Side Paradis trade. Slam dunk on the fact that some people were like, Eh, you know, Peanya, he's he's good. Is he ever gonna be that great? Astros said, we think he is going to be the next Carlos Correa at shortstop. They let Carlos Correa go, Like it seems like every decision that they make minus Jose Bray, you they kind of tough finding first baseman. You know, they come in and kind of struggle a little bit, but they have just continued to fill the holes that they need to fill. So it makes me say, why would this Carlos Correa thing not work out? Why would this not be a good move for the Astros. And you said, Carlos Correa was a hell of a player for the Astros. He was a hell of a player for the Twins minus you know, five hundred and eighty at bats one season, and you know it's three hundred and sixty this year. Like if somebody's gonna figure it out, the track record, says a thirty year old Carlos Correa, not thirty four, not thirty five. A thirty year old Carlos Correa will figure it out. Gets two hot months. This Astros team could be in the World Series again.
Speaker 1: There's more the Astros as we're talking, pick up an outfielder. No, no, no, I've got it from multiple I've got it from multiple thing yep, yep, Okay, I think Michael Schwab.
Speaker 3: Don't get don't get tricked.
Speaker 1: Here Mark finds confirming it as well. And now I'm seeing more flow through and Brian McTaggert Jesus Sanchez from the Marlins for Ryan Gus Jesus. Okay, So they get the lefty bat that they were looking for as well, right, because they were looking for a left handed bat Perea right handed bat. But that's a different hole that they're plugging. It's Grady, Yes, this is Sanchez. Now Haeseu Sanchez in the outfield, Dana Brown's wheeling and dealing, and that's an upgrade for them in the outfields. So now in the corners, you're gonna have Hazu Sanchez and Cam Smith instead of Taylor Tremmel.
Speaker 3: And the Rangers got Danny Kolum.
Speaker 1: Yeah, roomy, but okay, So let's look at this Astros lineup. Now we've got Hayesu Sanchez, Cam Smith in the outfields.
Speaker 2: Jacob Melton.
Speaker 1: I think that Jake Myers is coming back at some point, right, and he was great before he went down. So that's your outfield ish, right, You've got your down at d H when he comes back. Good Gyner Diaz is your catcher. Him and Karatini. That's pretty good catching combo. Christian Walker at first super slow, starts got a little better. L he's a great defender. I mean, look at their infield defense now. Paenya is a goal glover. Christian Walker is a goal glover.
Speaker 3: I think a goal glover.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, Karre is a goal glover. I think I think Kara is going to be good at third.
Speaker 3: I think he'll be fine.
Speaker 1: I think he'll be better at third now and he's getting and he's gotten dart he can he can sling it.
Speaker 3: He's gonna take him a couple of games, probably get used to it. But interesting.
Speaker 1: They'll play tune around a little bit that second as well. Right, Dubon can play second once Panya comes back. Bryce Matthews has been playing some second, like now you've got a mix here.
Speaker 3: As Joe Spondas has got a nice team though, but that he didn't before. But he's got a really nice team now.
Speaker 2: They have a million starters coming back.
Speaker 1: I mean, if even one or two of them come back and looks good, that helps to at least fill out the regular season rotation.
Speaker 2: They're trying to get a big name starter.
Speaker 3: They get another big game start as well.
Speaker 1: They have Hunter Brown and fran Brivaldez already. So there's your game one and two starters for the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Pretty good. Do you think they go big with a starter, because Spencer Araghetty looks like he'll be back and ready. Is he not good enough for your third? For your third? I think they do. John Hayman. John Hayman just said they're negotiating with Silver pitching fronts. But the Adstros still have a real shot to acquire seas. It's not quite Aaron Judge, but the Adstros are trying to add somebody.
Speaker 1: Ceased for me. What about Merrill, Kelly Great? Hell yeah, either of those see.
Speaker 3: Kelly al Contra, any of them? Bring it on? Do you want Kelly over Gallon? I think Allen. I think Gallen. I think Gallen is a change of scenery guy. At this point. I think he's been there's been too much history there. Sometimes I don't know. Sometimes guys just need to get out of there and and move on. And there's you know, free agent year and this and that, and if I'm the Astros, I would love to I would love to have Zach Gallen for two months and say, listen, we've noticed even if you're listen, sometimes even if you're making it up, like hey, Zach, we noticed there's a little glove thing you do where you throw your fastball and he goes over and he's you know what, guys, you're right, and then you feel like he gets confident again.
Speaker 2: We don't have time to get into the whole story, but we have two hours.
Speaker 1: Wait. I just wanted to summarize. Yeah, I mean I can go into it all the example from last year. You say Kikuchi last year was terrible, was not good with the Blue Jays. No, he's been told the same things for years, the Astros tell him. And how did he do for the Astros down the stretch?
Speaker 3: I don't think he did very good. He was I'm kidding. He went out and freaking shoved and dominated the league.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was, lan I'm with you.
Speaker 3: The Dylan Cease comparison is too eerily similar. Dylan Ceas is leading the league in strikeouts for nine Like, you don't think that they're going to figure out, you know, get some of the areas where he's leaking, like, hey, this is what we're figuring. This is what we're seeing. The punch outs are there, the velo's there, This is why we feel like you're getting in trouble. This is where you know, we see we can stay away from that trouble for you. Similar to what they did with Kakuchi, because it was it was a guy that was getting a lot of swing and miss and then what did he go to. He went to straight for seemer, ditch the sinker and went for seamer curveball. So he was just here and here oh weird, Dylan Cees just saying and.
Speaker 1: They're working hard on getting him. That's the latest tweet from Ken. They're working hard on trying to get him. He just tweeted that after hiss quote working hard to acquire sees from the Padres sources telling me no indication at this point that the deal is close yet. Okay, the point here is that, The point here is I love this.
Speaker 3: It has been boring for a couple of days. This is what I like. You know what. I like this because multiple teams are trying and I love it. Multiple teams because there's no super team think they have a chain, so they're all throwing their chips on the table and saying, screw prospects, We're going for it. And I love it. You know what else? I love It's pitching, it's hitting, It's this, it's that. And when anytime people that we don't think are gonna get treated like nobody on God's Green Earth before this season started, before July started, would have had Carlos Korea getting traded back to the Houston Astros. Nobody, I don't care who you are. Nobody thought that could have.
Speaker 1: Nobody do you know who the Astro has played tomorrow and the Red Sox so awesome, but pretty close, Pretty Red Sox for the weekend.
Speaker 3: In Boston, or in Boston Alex Bregman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe they'll try and get Bregman tonight. No, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 3: Maybe the Padres will get k and put them in the left field. Stop.
Speaker 1: All right, that's good breaking news right there, and there's more to come. We've got an hour and a half. Gyms are freaking out right now. Let's show the board. You saw some cards. You can play them in MLB nine Innings twenty five, Mike Tratt's favorite game in the palm of your hands. It's the ultimate baseball game with legendary MLB stars. You can play along with icons in the game Jeter Demaggio, Adrian Beltra, and many more. Write your history with all time greats and lead your team to a victory. That's for breaking news, Griffy and the Gang, And then we'll be back for more trade breakdowns.
Speaker 3: I'll take it easy one you guys. Whatever. Hey, Mike, you might want to back up. Nah, bro, I'm good right here. Yeah, you got no chance of getting it out of the infield anyway. Last time you gave me something to hear, and I took your d Come on in here. What was that?
Speaker 1: That's not fair? I was, are you.
Speaker 3: Ready save it? That's terrible? Hey man, dog, give me something to hit?
Speaker 1: All right, Let's talk about Kratz's buddy Danny Kalum going to the Texas Range. There it is Rangers get him from the Twins. I mean, Kratz, the Twins are emptying out their entire bullpen. Griffin Jackson is looking around like I'm the only one left. Duran gone, Brock Stewart gone, Kolob now gone. Who's had a great year. I mean, every team's trying to make sure that if they're a playoff contender, you get your left handed relief pitching in line. Oh what do you have for us on this one? And for the Rangers doing a little bye, a little bye right here, and we said, hey, what are they going to do? They're trying to figure out what they want. I mean, you can't go wrong here on adding to a strength which has been their bullpen and their pitching staff in general.
Speaker 3: I mean, Cody klem Is is still going to be able to pitch out of the Twins bullpen. He might have to throw it tomorrow. Dudes from dudes from Rochester or Saint Paul are getting called up to Minnesota as we speak. But the Rangers. Listen, the Rangers are never gonna do as much, be able to do as much as the Mariners or the Astros have done. Could they make big moves? Yes, I think they believe their team is just played poorly to start the season for whatever reason, they can't hit fastball, whatever it is. They have a stable, stable part of their team and it's this rotation. Think it's still the best era in baseball. You add to it with little pieces and you hope that that rotation with Uvaldi, with de Gram continue to do what they've done and the offense actually starts to show up on a nightly basis. To me, the Rangers little ads like this, and they've been hot. Stay hot and see if you can ride it to the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Right, let's get to some breaking news. F T breaking news. There are no Padres prospects left. The Padres have nobody to play their minor league games.
Speaker 3: They traded their whole farm system and I love it.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: I love it because they just had a draft whe they signed twenty other ones. They just restart, restock.
Speaker 1: Good stuff from Robert Murray covering this team and Ken Rosenthal Robert Murray on the Ryan O'Hearn pickup, and then Ken reports AJ Prowler never stops and gives credit to Robert for now on this when source confirms the Pods are acquiring o'hearne and Ramon Loriano from the Orioles.
Speaker 3: Oh, I've never seen Robert without a hat on. He's got better hair than you, and he's got bigger biceps than you, Scott, so he must know what he's doing better.
Speaker 1: Sources too, Yeah, but not bigger biceps.
Speaker 3: I've seen Robert a lot. I've seen Scott a lot. Robert's doing this one. In that picture, he's doing this one.
Speaker 1: Oh they bring out Yeah, yeah, I can't do that. That'll turn into a meme if I try to do that. I can't do that anyway. Ryan O'Hearn hit a freaking tank yesterday. Pop some big boy pop. He's an all star now. He joins the Padres party, which up until the last few days had been a problem the offense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, Loriano slots in the left field for him, you know. Hearn can slot into dh boom boom there, and they got a catcher, and they got a stud closer, and they got another starter, and yeah, they gave up prospects, but prospects from aspects whatever.
Speaker 1: And we're all still looking around, like, when are they gonna do something else?
Speaker 3: Oh they are just didn't know. Still came on as like I think they're done, no chance, or they're gonna They're gonna come up with someone else. Two minutes from now. It's gonna be like breaking news. Padres trade, don diego to Boston.
Speaker 1: For well, like, what else do they need to do at this point?
Speaker 3: Restock their farm system? The astro is right there, John.
Speaker 1: M oh my gosh, but it's not done. The Dylan Ceas talks, that's not a thing yet.
Speaker 2: No, those are just rumors.
Speaker 1: What's real is that they got o'hearne and Loreano, which you could make a case was the top need for this team heading into yesterday. They definitely needed some offensive up.
Speaker 3: They got both the National League baby, good luck making it through that land of land of living giants. Holy cow?
Speaker 1: How about the n L West? Can they win the NL West?
Speaker 3: Okay? But you got Padres, Dodgers, Cubs, Brewers, Mets, Phillies.
Speaker 1: Padres are three games back of the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying those six teams are probably going to be your six playoff teams.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look at what four today? A lot, A lot in the last day and a half A lot, right, and then the other two. I don't know what they're doing. But as somebody wrote, the Cubs are finalized to deal. That was said. Breakfast had been to Jeed Oyer. He is just now about the weak up. That's so funny.
Speaker 2: There's six Padres Dodgers matchups left this season.
Speaker 3: One of them, I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Oh, you have one for Fox nice August one or they it's the Augush so it's soon. Yeah, Saturday August sixteenth, if you want to hear ajey third? Oh oh the late August one? Yep, yep, Saturday August twenty third Dodgers Padres on f S one. Here's the standings, three game separation between the Dodgers and the Padres. Everybody boohooing all off season. Oh, the Dodgers are gonna win the division by fifty games. I mean, the Padres have quite the trade deadline compared to the Dodger just about arguably less holes to fill. They're waiting for a lot of pitching to come back. But what did you tell me about injured pitchers? They don't always come back. That's wild. And for the Orioles, they are unloading all of these short term pieces. It's funny Ramon Leriano is having a great year for Baltimore.
Speaker 2: That was a nice pickup for them.
Speaker 3: He's got a cheap option for next year.
Speaker 1: He does, so the Ools are trading pieces away for twenty six.
Speaker 3: But we matched that. We said, why would you pick that guy up? Not that he's not a good player, just that was the one didn't need more outfield but I guess need an outfielder.
Speaker 1: That's the difference he was saying in the off season when the Orioles were making their dumb moves, This one actually worked out for them in terms of the player producing.
Speaker 2: We just thought that they had.
Speaker 1: A logjam with talent, and you know, eventually turned into not that they're the same position, but a guy like Kobe Neo who hasn't hit yet, saying, hey, when are you going to give a shot to some of us?
Speaker 2: Plus yeahtours before that, they.
Speaker 3: Just signed Tyler O'Neill, right, is now healthy and hit four homers in consecutive games, so true, just stay healthy, stay healthy.
Speaker 1: But he's got I think a player option for the next couple of years, so he's gonna stick with that for now.
Speaker 2: Neil O'Neil signed.
Speaker 3: A three year deal. I think you have a three year deal.
Speaker 1: Three I'm pretty nerdy. I'm pretty sure that there's an option. There's three years, well three years, forty nine and a half million dollars opt out after year one, so it's but obviously I think he's gonna say sixteen and a half million dollars each season. He hasn't played enough this year to hit free agency again, don't you think. Yeah, so he's he's staying there for the next couple of seasons. That's why they're not trading him. But if you're the Padres, you have a very different looking team for them, and that includes their farm system at MGM with this tweet Padres farm system after the deadline one lonely Kitten or Chihuaha because that's their Al Paso team logo.
Speaker 3: You know, trade everybody. If I'm a big league player, trade everybody. I don't care about prospects. Don't talk to me. About next year. Am I wrong? Craws, don't talk to me. Don't talk to me about next year, five years to No, I got this, I got this year, and that's it. You can't say it. You can't say it loud enough us to hear. We need that megaphone at the bottom of the screen. It is not against the prospects, it is not against the future. Of course, all these Padres guys they want to win. They signed up for ten, eleven, twelve years. They signed up for the money, yes, but they also signed up because they feel like it's a place that they're gonna win more than one year. You know what, you get these rentals in. It doesn't work out this year, do it again next year because there will be more minor league players to play.
Speaker 1: And in most of these trades, the teams don't give up their top few prospects. The Padres did give up their top prospects.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but this is the way Proler looks at it. I can just find other ones. I can find other He just signed twenty draft picks and plus plus uh the Latin American signings.
Speaker 1: That's his strength.
Speaker 3: So he signs, he signs twenty new prospects and Latin America, and all they guys gotta do, all these guys gotta do is go out next year. And I don't know what the Padres draffick like is. I don't follo out that closely, but all that some of these guys gotta do is go out bang for one year and guess what Prober can trade them again next year for more players that are proven. I'dn't rather have proven players. I don't rather have proven players than prospects. Just saying, but that's my and I love this.
Speaker 2: There you go, the lonely cat padres Can.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you guys didn't think the Mariners are a World Series contender?
Speaker 2: I didres are a.
Speaker 1: World Series contender.
Speaker 3: Depends on if King comes back.
Speaker 1: Yes, even if well Darbish was better last start. But let's say Darbish is not. Let's say he's a four.
Speaker 3: Well, let's see what they do with sees. Okay, their bullpen is good enough, Yes, their lineup is improved. Yes, I gotta see what they do starting.
Speaker 2: Was they have the best bullpen in baseball.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. Their bullpen is yes, Okay, their lineup significantly improved today, significantly.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, the Padres land Will Wagner, Billy Wagner's son from the Blue Jays. But some people are like, does this mean they have something else up their sleeve?
Speaker 3: Will wager at.
Speaker 1: He's on the Blue Jays. I'm saying, does this mean Will Wagner is replacing somebody else on the big league roster?
Speaker 3: The you can't trade. You can't trade the chron zone. You can trade anybody, but you can't trade the chron zone.
Speaker 1: Donald Sell said it could happen.
Speaker 3: F P. Santangelo, by the way, just said the Padres have canceled the rest of their minor league season because they have no players. So good.
Speaker 1: The Padres minor league jokes are epic, epic, epic, Right, but.
Speaker 3: You know what, if they make the World Series, they don't care, right, Crowdsey, they don't care. Nobody cares. Proller don't care, nobody cares Padred. That place is gonna be electric, bro Peco. It already was unbelievad.
Speaker 1: Crazy sold the rest of the year. Oh my god, they're gonna set their attendance record.
Speaker 3: A few more times. They said it every game last year, like every game was a new one.
Speaker 1: What they do is standing room onely increases by one every day.
Speaker 3: You think you're joking.
Speaker 1: Hey, set records. I would do the same thing.
Speaker 3: They got people on top of each other's shoulders. It's a club there they got they're gonna have twenty They're gonna petition to the league. See if they can have twenty seven guys on their active roster. They're just gonna be like, there's be running dudes through the options.
Speaker 1: The Rockies traded Jake Bird. That's probably one of the only deals we didn't get to. But Jake Bird also goes to the Yankees. Yankees bullpen over the past month has been a hot mess, so that was the goal today because they had acquired their right with Rosario and Austin Slater. They fixed third base with Ryan McMahon. We had a walk off hit last night, so that's how trades work. And then here's the latest for the Yanks. Jake Bird for Rock Riggio. That's a name and Ben Shields. Okay, Jake Bird's been pretty good this year.
Speaker 3: Yank has done a nice job. Thinks have done on this show.
Speaker 1: Yep, Merril Kelly goes to the Texas Rangers. Chris Young World Series winning executive from twenty twenty three is buying. We like it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Merril Kelly. First starter to go now a damn come off for starters.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think most of the long term starters are just not going to move.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think the race is too high. Agreed, and it's all rental.
Speaker 1: This one had to move. This one had to move.
Speaker 2: He's a free agent.
Speaker 3: See Gallon. There's some rentals out there, Charlie Morton, Sigano.
Speaker 1: But seasons on a contender. Yeah, Gallon should move, Chicano should move. I don't think I think teams really like him.
Speaker 3: I don't think Sigano moves. I think Zach Gallen, Moose. I think those are the three, and I don't think any of the I just think the price is too high. Like you said, starting pitchers that are available for more years of control. Teams are looking at what a even a one year rental for an entire season costs, and they're not going to make the move. Meryl Kelly to the Rangers. Great for him, a guy that's not afraid of contact, going to pitch in Texas, the number one toughest park to hit home runs in. Bring it on, Meryl Kelly's like, if I hadn't increased my free agent value. I'm doing it now.
Speaker 1: Remember a week and a half ago when the Diamondbacks we're still thinking about competing and then kind of fell apart again, here we go, so they traded Gino Suarez, Josh Naylor, Meryl Kelly, and still might trade Zach Allen.
Speaker 2: This is what you do. You're in or you're out.
Speaker 3: And happen to have or you do the hokey pokey.
Speaker 1: Right, which some teams, but they happen to have guys that are free agents coming up, so you have to do this. This isn't your year. You re rack this. This team isn't rebuilding or anything. They could be good next year.
Speaker 3: The third baseman, one of their starters. Who else? That's it right now? Right, those are free agents at the end of the year. Only one left is Gallon.
Speaker 1: That's the only one that should move because he's a free agent after this year. I mean, Charlie Morton should move if a team likes him enough. Here, let me go over what a problem is though, guys. I mean you might see a couple pending free agent starters that are on bad teams not move. And here's why I'm trying to look this up. As I'm talking about it. Charlie Morton is making fifteen million dollars this year, fifteen million dollars. At times, he's looked looked done fair. The beginning of the season, he was getting rocked. It's looked better lately. But some teams might say I'll take him, you eat most of the money, and then the Orioles might say, no, we're not doing that, and then you don't have a deal. It's easier to pay the guys that aren't making that kind of money. Yeah, if they get asked to eat the money, yeah, but they're not eating all the money.
Speaker 3: Let's say Charlie Morton is own five million dollars for the rest of the season, just to make an easy number. Yep, you're paying all five million. You might as well eat four million of it and get a better prospect, like you're buying. Teams are buying prospects. You're saving a million, and you bought a prospect instead of paid just Charlie Morton to pitch meaningless innings for your team.
Speaker 2: I agree, but.
Speaker 1: You have to get ownership approval for that. It doesn't always happen, That's all I mean. Merril Kelly is a much better option and he's making half that. He's making seven million dollars this year. Yeah, that's an easy trade.
Speaker 3: Okay. Charlie Morton would be a great fit for the Cubs. Yeah, agreed, veteran guy, been around the hitching huge games.
Speaker 1: We have more trades.
Speaker 3: You're going the Angels trade.
Speaker 1: I was gonna go to the next one, but we can do that one too, real quick one that's right below there. Uh oh is that a real trade? Though? You need to put a tweet next to it. Team behind the scenes. But anyway, Oswald Praza goes to the Angels. Praza was probably gonna get sent back down, so the Angels grab him.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Apparently Parazza was the big piece that the Reds wanted for Luis Castillo a few years ago, and the Yankees were like, we will not give you a prospect of that caliber.
Speaker 3: Is there anyone that type more prospects than the Yankees?
Speaker 2: That he works for them?
Speaker 3: Ever, they hype them in, people keep buying them.
Speaker 1: All.
Speaker 2: Right, let's see the next one. We got another one.
Speaker 1: They're coming in hot now because this is the last thirty is another one. Yeah, this one actually is real. Willie Cashro to the Cubs.
Speaker 3: Willis was like.
Speaker 1: Willie Cashow is a Chicago Cub. He can play a number of different positions, including third at times. I mean, Matt Shaw has been raking in the second half. So they said, you know, we're riding this. We don't need Geno Suarez. That was their decision.
Speaker 3: But Willie Castro could play everywhere, right, so he he can give you know, d sometimes for him.
Speaker 1: Also, what you need to do as a contender is make sure that you've got extra depth. And Castro can be a starting player if someone gets hurt, right I feel. But also if someone gets hurt, Castro can fill a number of spots for you. Yeah, because guess what starting tomorrow you lose a player. Oh well, can't really replace them, isn't it. There's two months last flooded with injuries, and you can't replace the guy for two, if not three.
Speaker 2: Months, if you make a playoff run. That's just how it works.
Speaker 1: Except for the dump deadline, which was only a thing for one year a couple of years ago, still could be a thing.
Speaker 2: Angels have a lot of free agents.
Speaker 1: If they fall out of it in a month, dump deadline, we could have a dump deadline special. You know, I loved it. They got rid of what six guys in like five minutes.
Speaker 3: Guys they just traded for Yeah Lopez, all those guys they just traded for him.
Speaker 1: That was freaking wild, all right. So Castro goes to the Cubs. The Twins have now this, According to Dan Hayes of the Athletics, the Twins have now traded five players off their roster today alone, and they've traded seven this week.
Speaker 3: Good thing, good things. S Paul is close.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, hey, there are going to be a lot of happy Triple A players in are getting a big league bar.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right.
Speaker 1: So Willie Castro, Mike Soroca, and Andrew Kittridge with twenty eight minutes to spare for the Cubs.
Speaker 3: Does that good enough? Cup fans? You tell me Cup fans.
Speaker 1: At the end of the show, when the deadline hits, we're gonna do our winners and losers right now, right now. Yes, the Padres will be on the winning side. The Cubs will not be on the winning side. I don't know.
Speaker 3: We'll see right there. Right now. This enough. I love it now, I said, right now, what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 3: Right now, there's thirty minutes to go twenty seven minutes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Willie Castro this year a bit above league average bat, All star last year?
Speaker 2: What did he end up last year?
Speaker 1: Second half tailed off a little bit for him last year, but last three seasons league average bat, number of different positions, blue guy good Uh. Jesse Rogers just said Cubs needed a play like Castro can playing field outfield and PCA's backup in centerfield.
Speaker 3: I love that all the Cup fans in the chat are saying, no, this is not enough.
Speaker 2: Cubs fans, where are you at?
Speaker 1: Bring it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, need starters, need starters. I'm with you, right, seven game series right now? Okay, who's who's pitching in the seven game series for the Cubs? They lost Justin Steele a couple of months ago, which sucks. Matthew Boyd's been an All star boom he's pitching. Showed him Naga he's pitching, mm hmm, Caid Horn. Colin Ray's not starting a playoff game for me, Soroka.
Speaker 3: For me? Okay, we need it's a Red Sox steak because he's already tweeting.
Speaker 1: Right, But for the Cubs, can you give me more than two starters that you feel really about in a playoff series against the Dodgers, ty if he comes back, Yeah, Tyon in Monaga Boyd, Mar.
Speaker 3: Matt Clement, Brian Dempster, Brian Dempster, he's closing, John Lester.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Cubs fans are freaking right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, Jack, go you can't go all in the way that they went all in with Kyle Tucker and not get a sick I'm just trying to pull up their starting rotation here and not get a significant starter. Cause you're going, Ben Brown, Is he hurt right now?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. Matt Boyd and Tyane has to be back. Matthew Boyd showed to you can't sit there and go, Okay, three of those four guys, we're gonna find three starts in the playoff.
Speaker 1: Can't do it all right, So things are happening.
Speaker 3: This one first?
Speaker 2: Which one you want first?
Speaker 3: Well? May Cortes, Nest Nasty, Miguel I do Hark. Freddy Freeman's going Whatdyman said?
Speaker 1: What why?
Speaker 3: Because Nester went to the Padres. Come on, I got it.
Speaker 1: I eventually got it, all right, So let's let's rip through it. Okay, let's I actually want to.
Speaker 2: Start with this one.
Speaker 1: Can I start with Craig Mish who put out that and he's very dialed for a long time on the Marlins is Marlins Insider And if he says that, I believe it. Sandy o Contra is not moving. He said they're not trading him. There'll be their ace down the stretch and that's it to me. This makes sense with what Jim Bowden told us the past couple of times we asked him about Sandy. Boden said, the ask is him as an ace cy young contender, but he hasn't been that this year. But it's also his first year back. It's hard to get that price without seeing it. So he stays, Okay, next up, Dustin May to the Red Sox. It's good for a back of the rotation guy, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and when he started, I mean, just stay healthy. It's the whole key for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think he leads the Dodgers' rotation and innings this year. Yeah, one hundred and four innings, four eight five era. I mean, it's not been a great year for him. He's not the Dustin May that we saw when he first came up.
Speaker 3: He's kind of gone through a lot and the Dodgers are like Dustin, you stayed healthy this year, there's got to be something wrong. We don't like guys who stay healthy. We're gonna shift you out. We don't want you to on any other guys.
Speaker 1: All right, Next up, the Reds get Miguel and do Hard. That's a fat Yeah, that is a bat.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: They got a glove and a bat. Can you combine them? They need any other outfielder, So there you go.
Speaker 3: He's been playing left. He used to play third, you know. By the way, kape Yerow just went from the Rays to the Yankees in mid game then he that really happened. He just showed it on TV. Go enjoy your reign, delay with the with your other team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for Everson Pereira and a player to be named later, Ye thought.
Speaker 3: So what does that do for Volpi? Covio is not really a short stuff though, orm a second baseman. See you see it, Jazz, he can steal a base for you, you can take.
Speaker 1: He plays. I think he's played some short this year now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when when Taylor Walls wasn't playing.
Speaker 1: Let's see, yeah, thirty starts at shortstop, nineteen at right field man.
Speaker 2: He plays everywhere.
Speaker 3: He leads the league and sold bases.
Speaker 1: Any Yeah, but see, I mean without seeing much of him at shortstop obviously, is it Volpie insurance?
Speaker 2: I mean, Anthony Bolpie.
Speaker 1: Is really struggling to throw the baseball across the diamond right now. It's not a secret.
Speaker 3: Rangers got maket On, the left handed pitcher ends one mistake, I know, but we can't let if I make a mistake. Ken never lets me live in town. So yeah, is that true? Yeah, it's been reported Rangers get film Aton.
Speaker 2: No, I'm saying Ken makes fun of you for one mistake.
Speaker 3: Oh he doesn't. You've been around Ken. Ken is a bundle of joy.
Speaker 1: Jose Cabalero outs above average at shortstop this year plus three and thirty starts.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 3: Taylor Rogers, who was acquired by the Pirates, is now being traded to the Cubs.
Speaker 1: Cubs get Taylor Rodgers apparently. And I haven't looked into this enough. There was a writer, like a columnist or something who was writing about the Pirates saying, so stupid, why would they trade for a reliever who's only available this year and then he's going to be a free agent. They're not in whatever. No, I know, but it was offsetting the money. And then they were gonna trade him. He's like, why would they even want him in a return package? It's like, bro, they were trying to move the money around.
Speaker 2: That's how it works.
Speaker 1: Oh, we've got Adrian Howser moving White Sox to the Rays.
Speaker 2: There you go? Is that a great year Howser?
Speaker 3: Really? So there's the Razor acquiring Howser. Yeah? Does he have multiple years? Does he have years of control left? No?
Speaker 1: I don't think so he signed he really deal. Rangers opted out because Rangers didn't keep them up right and Rangers had too many good starters White Toks pick them up late May great. Uh, And now I get stilled to the Rays, who I think decided, you know what, guys, maybe we do go for it a little bit. They didn't buy, but they didn't they didn't sell unless something changes in the five minutes.
Speaker 3: They they're they're, they're, they're they're pretty good, they're pretty far out. They sold, they got rid of, but they traded.
Speaker 1: They given hugs, I know, but they didn't trade the big boys, and they backfilled. Howser replaces Littel Fortes replaces. Who did they trade Fortes right place two, Jason Danny Jansen, thank you.
Speaker 3: He just has more team control. Fortes is more team control. Yeah. And he's good defensively. He's really good defensively. Totally is Yeah. And from the White Sox to the Raids. I don't get that one.
Speaker 2: Why don't you get that? He costs nothing to take that on?
Speaker 1: He costs nothing bucks. He's basically a league minimum guy. He's pitching well.
Speaker 3: I believe you.
Speaker 1: The end of the day, And going back to something we only touched on for a moment, Nestor Cortes goes to the Padres. It's their fiftieth deal of the day. The Padres have to do name tags tonight, right or tomorrow name tags.
Speaker 3: It's all work for the Braves.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do a ton of moves.
Speaker 3: You got three minutes, three minutes, that's three many White.
Speaker 1: Sox get Curtis Mead. He once was a big prospect.
Speaker 2: He was a guy.
Speaker 1: The White Sox get Curtis Mead the ausse Yeah, I called his futures game. He was.
Speaker 3: He was in the open the future right for the White Sox.
Speaker 1: And I called, like four years ago, maybe one of the futures games. He was like one of the guys we talked about at that started though. That's what I'm saying, What do you think about.
Speaker 3: Nester depth for the depth? If they trade Sees, Yeah, if they don't trade anybody else, that Ted Potters team is gonna be good again.
Speaker 1: Man. Well, if anything happens, it's in the next three minutes. People, two minutes too many minutes. I mean you might not learn about it for a few more minutes.
Speaker 3: But at six o'clock amout.
Speaker 1: We're getting towards the finish line here, peeps.
Speaker 3: As expected, the White Sox water training, Elise Robert Jr.
Speaker 1: No ship that one is pick up.
Speaker 3: That option though under a minute.
Speaker 1: Oh, I got a big one. Who The Yankees have acquired Camillo Duval from the Giants. This, according to.
Speaker 3: Jack did their whole bullpen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a big one.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm hmm.
Speaker 1: All right, you're Brian Cashman. You're looking at the bullpen. The last their bullpen in the last month is like a six plus e r RA.
Speaker 3: Every clip this. I went every Yankees fan that hates on Cashman to just go out and look at what he's done for this how he's built this team. Go out and I want you to type your apology on Twitter to Cashman because he reads all of them.
Speaker 2: No he doesn't.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, he doesn't. You're right. Eight seven.
Speaker 2: Wait, let's go over this.
Speaker 3: Four three two one. I'm out see you guys. It's over.
Speaker 1: That's a trade. Deadlines done.
Speaker 2: It went pretty quick.
Speaker 1: You said, if I don't have something per hour, I'm going to get a little cranky's attention. We've had a ton of trades. That's hot.
Speaker 2: Wait, can we give this one a little bit of time?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: Camillo duval I mean, he was devoted at one point, lost his role last year as the closer and all that, but having an awesome year for a Giants team that had a really strong bullpen. That wasn't the problem for them. They trade away Rogers to the Mets yesterday. Dovall was starting to get some buzz in the last forty eight hours as this team crumbled as of now that's the big one at the finish line, so not a lot of starting pitchers. Wait, hold on, real quick, how good is the Eggs bullpen? Now? Though, Dovall, They got Jake Bird from the Rock, They got David Bednar from the Pirates, They have Weaver, They have Williams.
Speaker 3: M h it's a good bullpen. Devon didn strike out as many guys you think he would though this year here he is fifty and forty six innings. It's not many better than last year. But my exciting thing. That's gonna make me want to watch the Yankees game and pinstriped territory right after every game, you can watch the recap. Devall love Davall loves a walk, giving up a head. He's got a little bit of a decent high whip for you know, he's gonna walk some guys in that tight rope in Yankee Stadium, especially being four games back in the Jays, it's gonna get exciting. I'm here for that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, he walks dudes walkingelve point six percent highest in baseball.
Speaker 3: I'm excited for that.
Speaker 1: I'm excited he racks ground balls. Strike up percentage is pretty good. Yeah, it's a little above average.
Speaker 3: Yankees vera. The field does ground.
Speaker 1: Well, McMahon does mm hmm, Canberra does well. That's the point. I mean, you need to have insurance for that. All right, So next layer here to finish up. Ooh oh, I got another one.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 1: Gryffin Jacks, Jeff Passon reporting the Ras are acquiring Gryffin Jackson reporting Charlie Moore into the Tigers. A bunch of interesting names justin Wow, all right, which one do you want first? Let's start with the Race are getting Louis Arland, by the way, from the Twins. Twins have no relievers left in their books. Their entire Triple A team is going to be called up today to pitch tomorrow. Anyway, Blue Jays acquired Louis Varland.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Twins literally traded their whole team. Their whole team, I mean, except for Brian Broxson's like, I'm I'm gonna stay in here, guys, I'm.
Speaker 2: Here coming in hot right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's start with the Rays. Griffin Jacks is a high leverage reliever. It's got good ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Wow, So what do we think about what the Rays did?
Speaker 3: I don't know what to think of it. I have to I'm gonna need some time to digest.
Speaker 1: You want to, like, sit down, go move by move with the roster has shifted to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because it's like it's kind of they're like trading away guys, but then they're bringing in guys they're trading away, they're bringing in. That's what the Rays always do. They try to throw the needle and be good, but not be good. I don't know what the heck they're doing.
Speaker 1: They're good at building up a bullpen. Yeah, Griffin Jackson is really good, I know, and he's under control for two more seasons after this, so they definitely gave up.
Speaker 3: But no, here's what the Rays will do. They'll use him for the rest of this year and then they'll figure out how trading the offseason and get more more three guys for him.
Speaker 2: They might, they might.
Speaker 3: Stephen Kuan's not getting traded. No kidding, Yeah, no kidding, no kidding.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's go to the Blue Jays.
Speaker 1: Louis Arland acquired from the Twins, so they got Varland, Sir Anthony Dominguez and Shane Bieber. What you think of the Blue Jays hall pretty good.
Speaker 3: They need sent Tendero to come back healthy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that would be the power bad addition for them, which is something they do need. But Twins have a good bullpen or had a good They had a good Louis Varland throws ninety eight. Also, we were just talking about Duval and his ground ball rate. This one's even better. Fifty six percent ground ball rate from Louis Varland.
Speaker 3: Louis Arland is under team controlled through twenty thirty. By the way, Holy shit, hego Heigel.
Speaker 1: The twins had a little situation yesterday and they met afterwards the front office and they were just like, wipe it, wipe it all. They sold high too. You could make that case right. Louis Ireland has tried starting and relieving, kind of bouncing around. They're like, hey, just bullpen this year fifty one appearances, two O two E r A.
Speaker 3: So he'll help.
Speaker 2: That's fascinating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but nice moves by the Blue Jays crats. In my mind, do Minge is in Barlant to join the high leverage crew?
Speaker 3: Yes, and hoping, hoping Yimmy comes back. It's Jimmy now, I guess oh what yeah, Jimmy Garcia, Yimmy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Charlie Moore into the Tigers.
Speaker 3: Thoughts on that one good piece, good piece for him, you can pitch. Hinch knows them well, good piece and he's throwing well, he's throwing very well. Right now. Is Deval under uh?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: How much control?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Because if Devin Williams is a free agent, then he could just slide into the closer role.
Speaker 1: I think that was part of what they were doing here.
Speaker 3: Got two more after this, Yeah, yeah, so yeah, White Sox Dave. I can't remember a less exciting deadline for Chicago. What a stinker.
Speaker 1: Well, they kept Louise Robert, which I have no words, no words.
Speaker 3: The Los Angeles Dodgers are aquiring James Tibbs from the Red Sox. TIBs is just traded from the Red Sox to the Giants.
Speaker 1: Jim Boden's releasing his list of players that did not get traded. There's some pretty big names. Joe Ryan that makes sense, although he's gonna be really lonely all his friends left. Mackenzie Gore I think should have been dealt. I guess the Nats wanted to kind of pause and figure out their front office in the offseason. Al Contra and Edward Cabrera. There's actually a story to that one. So Craig Mish, did you see that tweet? The next one he sent out, he said, the Marlins are holding everyone else. They're the hottest team in baseball. There's seven games back of the wild card. Decided to give it a go and see if they can stay in the race. Yankees in town this weekend expectation. All three games close to her sold out. Wait, hold up, let me let let me drop something for you.
Speaker 3: But the Marlins games are sold out.
Speaker 1: The Marlins Yankees games are always lit because the Yankees are in town. Yeah, because half the half pri state area goes down to the game or always how it is Yankees.
Speaker 3: Cheap ticket for them? Yeah, eun Yankee state.
Speaker 1: Nine percent of that ballparks Yankee fans. I've been to plenty of Tod lived in Miami for five years. Who's getting Todge.
Speaker 3: Bradley the twins for Griffin Jacks.
Speaker 1: I always like toddge Bradley. You know, the race was getting frustrated. He's twenty four years old.
Speaker 3: I know. And by the way, comment Williams and Williams and uh we were both free ages at.
Speaker 1: The end of the year, right, so that that makes total sense.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's a good pick up for them.
Speaker 1: Let me finish the list from Bowden after the two Marlins guys, this is the list of players that didn't move that you thought maybe he could Zach Gallon. That's pretty surprising. But to me, they probably said, hey, we're holding out. You got to give us better than a first round pick or we're staying putting on Nada. He's difficult though, because of the no trade Ish France.
Speaker 3: By the way, I went to the Jay's also.
Speaker 1: Oh he's in that deal, okay, Ty France and Louis Varley.
Speaker 3: I mean they just got the Twins. Literally, they just gutted their team.
Speaker 1: They sold, they sold. I mean the Twins are for sale. They will hopefully find a suitor in the next six months. Right of real, real clean books.
Speaker 3: Firons are Firon and Pablo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for now, I think Pablo could get trade in the off season. Chris Catillo dialed in on the Red Sox source on the Red Sox pursuit of Joe Ryan quote, because there were some reports being like, oh they might quote not even close. It's almost like our director.
Speaker 3: At least they tried.
Speaker 1: They follows the Red Sox. They're in on them, though, they were in on Joe Ryan. Ready, here's the phone call. Hey, we want Joe Ryan. Okay, here's a list of prospects we're interested. Okay, we wouldn't trade any of those prospects.
Speaker 2: All right, good talk. We gotta go in.
Speaker 1: The Twins are like, we gotta go trade eight other guys. We'll talk to you next year, Okay, And they hang up and they go. Now they pick up the phone. Hey, insider, that will report anything. We're in on. Joe Ryan, we just spoke to the Twins.
Speaker 3: Here's the list we're in. Here's a list of Twins traded Castro, Duran, Paddick, Correa, Colomb Colum Vader, Stewart, Jackson, Orland France. Wo. That's ten dudes they traded off their big league team.
Speaker 1: I'm like, genuinely excited for a bunch of this.
Speaker 3: This sounds like the Twins that I played on back in like nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but aren't you excited for all the guys that are about to get called up?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I was one of those guys, That's what I'm saying. This reminds me that the Twins back in two thy nineteen ninety zine we played in front of a crowd of one hundred people at ten am against the Orioles.
Speaker 2: Bob Nightingales tend people.
Speaker 1: Bob Nightingo goes the Twins, who are about four hundred and forty million dollars in debt erased a huge chunk of it by trading away virtually their roster in a matter of twelve hours. No wonder Corea wanted out, by the way, Correa said he wanted out, but he only wanted to go to Houston, so they figured it out. That's at least what he said. All right, if you're watching right now and you've been with us the whole time, you're a champion, please subscribe not only to our YouTube channel, but if you can follow us on Apple or Spotify, that'd be cool. Our social channels, the whole deal. We hustle hard, did a show last night. We're on every day one to three Eastern. We cover this deadline as best as we can. Props to Ken Rosenthal, who's with every day and he will be on later for Fair Territory. Oh wow, we.
Speaker 2: Did get a trade from the brewers.
Speaker 1: My gosh, Shelby Miller.
Speaker 3: Shelley, is that a good year? A great year?
Speaker 1: Have we had him on the show.
Speaker 3: We can't get him anytime.
Speaker 1: We should definitely get him on Easy's that's a good one. Let's get him on Monday. I think we have Nick Kurtz.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow is gonna be tough. If he got traded, he's moving and all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta give a day Nick Kurtz tomorrowidens.
Speaker 3: I'm not asking him to do that. He just got traded.
Speaker 2: No, Monday, I'd be like, give him three days.
Speaker 3: Monday we have a giant guest.
Speaker 2: Oh that's true. Maybe Tuesday.
Speaker 3: I want him on with you that Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Do you want to Wednesday? Yeah, let's get Shelby.
Speaker 1: I want I like getting the guys after their trade to give him a.
Speaker 3: Few days to calm down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no boat tomorrow, but Nick Kurtz is confirmed.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow and Monday we have a huge gift. Yeah, not saying Shelby's Shelby's about to hit his ten years too. By the way, just just the heads up for when we talked to him on Wednesday.
Speaker 1: It's good call.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 1: Also, the Baseball America subscription and you want to learn about the prospects your team at at Twins fans, I'm looking at you right now. Promo code FT thirty at Baseball America dot com thirty percent off the first year of any annual subscription. Nick Kurtz had one of the best performances in a single game in Major League history in this game has existed for a long time. We're going to talk to him tomorrow. We had dozens of trades. We had many people working hard behind the scenes, production team, social team, etc.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: We love you, we appreciate you. Thanks everyone for watching this whole time. I think the live count got up to about five thousand viewers concurrent at one point, so that's cool. We love that. After the TV crowd, we basically went commercial free for the final three hours of the show. We will see you tomorrow. US three will be here, we'll recap, we'll do more in Winters Losers breaking down everything that happened one o'clock Eastern time on f D