Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news.
Speaker 2: This is the closing bell on this stock movers report, the company's making moves at the close of US trading with Carol Masser, Tim Stenobeck, Romain, Bostik and Scarlet.
Speaker 3: Food S and P five hundred you've got, actually, despite a fairmatic green on the screen, three hundred and two names in the s and P five hundred, KD losing ground TODA one hundred and ninety nine to the upside to unchange.
Speaker 4: Well, let's see what the circle says about that. At this sector level, you do have some pretty important sectors in the green right now, Tech of course chief among them. Con Communication services also having a really strong day. A lot of that comes back to alphabet, which I'm sure we'll discuss. Then you take a look at what isn't doing too hot. Consumer staples lower by more than one percent, healthcare also getting sold off today, so more red ben green. At least taking a look at the sector breakdown, you can see what is green on the circle definitely looks good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty dominant there. Let's get to some of the individual gainers test.
Speaker 1: Did you know that that William Taff, former president was actually born on your wedding anniversary.
Speaker 2: I well knew that.
Speaker 4: There you go, that wasn't the deciding factor in the date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's exactly it. We were talking about when we would get married. News you can use all right, Tesla top gainer in the S and P and Nasdaq one hundred throughout the day. Nothing like the ultimate insider Tesla insider buying shares. You guys all know the story, Elon Musk. We're kind of responding to that unprecedent proposal in terms of the Tesla board, the pay proposal of one hundred one trillion dollars. Excuse me. Of course, there are some conditions around it, but nonetheless Elon bought about a billion dollars worth of shares, so it sent shares of Tesla soaring up as much as seven and a half percent in today's session, finishing though with about a three point six percent gain in today's session. He bought them indirectly a revocable trust revocable Excuse me? Is that the way you're saying? What am I saying?
Speaker 2: Is it right?
Speaker 5: I'm not a lawyer.
Speaker 4: That's one of those words that I read.
Speaker 2: Is it's revocable?
Speaker 3: Is it revocable. It didn't sound right when it came out. Okay, he did that on September twelfth, according to regulatory filey. What we really care abouking about?
Speaker 1: Hey, Carol Master, did you know that Agatha Christie was also born on this day in history?
Speaker 3: Come back to us, remain come back to us.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get a moment.
Speaker 3: Kat I always need a moment. Katie mentioned Alphabet and that's stock up about four and a half percent in today's session. Yes, finishing with that three trillion dollar market cap, so joining Nvidia, Microsoft, and Apple that trillion dollar market three trillion dollar market club market cap club. So we definitely see Alphabet go into it. This stock a top gainer in the Nasdaq one hundred. And we should point out that City raised its price target also on the Google parent to two eighty from two twenty five, noting, yes, competition facing the company's search business, but also noting greater clarity around the Alphabet story when it comes to legal and regulatory challenges, and they just think there's also a healthy online advertising market. So all in on Alphabet today and then Core we definitely an owperformer, up seven point six percent in today's session, and that one the cloud computing provider when public of course this year, saying at shareholder and Video will buy cloud services with an initial value of six point three billion. It's all part of a deal that was announced a few years ago. But it requires Nvidia to buy any excess capacity not used by its customers. So Core, are you putting that out in a regulatory filing? Anything else about September fifteenth that I need to know for me?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've got a couple. I'm just waiting for the right time to interject. Okay, okay, I'll start with some decliners. This was the worst performer on a percentage basis in the S and P five hundred. Courteva today down five point seven percent, following the most inter day going back to April of this year, Wall Street analysts find a potential breakup of the company's seed and pesticide businesses negative for the firm Bloomberg Intelligence as a breakup undermines product and financial logic. Bank America says the separation would create two weaker entities. You remember the report that we talked about here on Friday from the Wall Street Journal said that the seed and pesticide companies looking into separating into two companies. They cited two people familiar with the matter. Haines Celestial down twenty five percent today, lost a quarter of its value. This after the company posted fiscal fourth quarter results and revealed sales fell thirteen percent. Management provided disappointing first quarter guidance. You know, this was only the worst day going back to May. That was when it fell forty seven percent in a single day. Stock is down seventy four percent so far this year, and at one point today it hit its lowest level in more than thirty years. Going back tonight on with this, I.
Speaker 1: Remember, like when I was younger, I so always you know, all their teams that they had. Yeah, it was like it was kind of like a staple in our house.
Speaker 5: Celestial Seasoning is the tea. They also have Garden of Eaten Chips. I'm like, I'm a big fan of the Red Hot Blues. Yeah, I like this too. Those are good Earth's Best baby formula, baby food and stuff. So it's a pretty diversified portfolio, but they've been under pressure for quite a while. Race is out there now, yes, right, yeah, there are a lot of choices.
Speaker 2: Doesn't even buy a box.
Speaker 3: Probably if Haynes Celestial like you could either like yeah, buble.
Speaker 5: I mean, I mean, have you been in a grocer.
Speaker 3: Well, my point is like a share of their stock is cheaper than probably Oh I got you. Sorry, I jumped ahead a little bit, like drinks, some drinks.
Speaker 5: Some dollar dollars six Yeah, okay, I'm just looking up at the screen. VF Corp. Also under some pressure today. The stock fell today just by about one percent at the end of the day. Inter day was down more. The company said it'll sell Dickies to brand management from Blue Star Alliance for six hundred million dollars in cash. They bought Dickies eight years ago for eight hundred and twenty million dollars, the company's CFO said. Our CEO rather said that the sale will enable VF to bring the company's net debt level down.
Speaker 1: Hey, I just want to chime in here at a sort of honorable mention a small cap stock moving in the after hours trade. Dave and Buster's tick her play down as much as ten percent. They're reporting erniees and it looks like a big miss here. Second quarter adjusted EPs coming in at forty cents a share. The street was looking for ninety cents, so a big miss on that front. On the revenue side, a modest miss of about five hundred and fifty seven one million dollars overall, though comp sales down about three percent, and of course a lot of people really trying to get a read here on what's going on in the economy, whether we're still spending more importantly, whether we are still spending on discretionary items. We'll keep an eye on that space and I'll bring you any updates as soon as we get them. Just a quick check on yields, guys. We did see the treasury curve shift lower here once again here on the day. A lot of folks, of course, really trying to reposition or simply position around the big Fed decision which comes on Wednesday afternoon.
Speaker 2: This Stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on applecar Play and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.
Speaker 5: Mm HM