Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: Hello ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. The Western Conference Finals got underway and what was a very close game at the half, the OKC Thunder run away with it in the second half and win by twenty six one fourteen to eighty eight. Shay was sensational again, but he got contribution from Chad Homered, Jayla Williams, and Isaiah Hartenstein as they win one fourteen to eighty eight. Y'all know me, I am your favorite UNC. Shannon Shark, my partner and co host, Lord Heaping. Liberty City is on, although he's not in Liberty City.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm at I'm at work. I mean I know exactly.
Speaker 2: Where you are, Okay, being a regal fan matterie pro bowler, All Pro. That's Chad oh your Cinko Johnson and joining us tonight. It's been a while since I talked to the gentlemen. We go back to our different days. I'll ride first here ride shortly after me. So we go way way back. Nick the Quick University. He's one of the well I think ten players that have their number retired for the University of Cincinnati. Laker Grady the All start thirteen years in the NBA. Nick van x Well, Nick, thanks for joining us tonight.
Speaker 1: Man. We appreciate that, man. Appreciate you'all having me, man, But I got to get something off on the chest. Man.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get through this and we'll let you get it off your chest. Please make sure y'all hit that subscribe button.
Speaker 2: Please make sure you hit the like button and go subscribe to the Nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We want to thank you sincerely everybody at Nightcap, especially oh Joe and I for all the support, all the continued support, and the lowty that you've shown us through the first two years of this podcast. Thank you very much. Because of you, you allow us to be us and do great things. So thank you so much again for your support. Make sure you check out Shave by Laportier. We do have it in stop now. If you cannot find Shave by Laportier in a store, a city or a state near you, ordered online, we'll ship it directly to your door. Best tasting veslp Kangnac on the market. Please drink responsibly and stay safe. Go follow my media company page on all of its platform shay She Media add my Clothing Company.
Speaker 1: Eighty four with eighty four being spelled out and the link is pinned in the chat.
Speaker 2: Supplies are limited, so once the supplies are gone, they're gone, So please grab yours while supplies last. Thunderbeat the Wolves SGA in Game one thirty one points, five rebounds, nine siss three steals, the first thirty point game of the Western Conference Finals by Thunder player since kd In twenty sixteen points in the paint Thunder fifty four t.
Speaker 1: Wolves twenty nick.
Speaker 2: As I mentioned early in the lead in, this was a very close game at the half and in the second half, like the Thunder stepped on the gas and made made the Wolves.
Speaker 1: Play for every time they turned the ball over.
Speaker 2: They made them play the ultimate price they cast in they laying it up.
Speaker 1: They got fired of the making threes. What is it that? How are the Thunder able to do this?
Speaker 2: They like, get able to get to a gear and seemingly other teams can't keep up with them.
Speaker 3: I think tonight, you know, I think Minnesota played right into their hands and uh Minnesota kept the ball for the free throw line pretty much the whole night, so it was easy for Okay cees defense to play boxes and elbowls. So anytime they had the ball up top, you know they they they're looking at three defenders, a guy on the ball in two you know, at the elbows. And they had no driving lanes and and they didn't cut. So anytime somebody put the ball on the ground, you know, okay, see got active hands, they gonna get deflections, and that those deflections normally in the stills.
Speaker 1: So I think, you know that first game is a field game.
Speaker 3: You know, they got they gonna figure it out as far as what adjustments they need to make both teams. But Minnesota got anew the ball, and they got to change their offense a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I'm looking at they only had two guys in double figures, and it was five and thirteen, three of eight from the three.
Speaker 1: Julius Randal was great again, twenty eight points.
Speaker 2: He was nine to thirteen from the floor, five and six from the three point line, five and six from the free throw line.
Speaker 1: He had twenty eight big points.
Speaker 2: But you got seven points from McDaniels, two points from Rudy Gobert, seven points from Mike Conley. Like I said, only two players in double figures and when you got the opposing team, they got four players in double figures. That leaves a lot. That leaves a lot for you to try to make up from your bench. And if you look at it, okay, see has the better of the two benches.
Speaker 1: So now you're.
Speaker 2: Gonna really need to rely heavily on your starters in order for you to have a chance to win this game. Oh, Joe, you looking at the Temple Wolves. I know you like the timber Wolves, and add man, what disappoint wanted to do most about what you saw from the OKC Thunder the Night.
Speaker 4: Obviously from the Thunder the Wolve about the Wolve, yes, well, first off, offensively, right, everybody at the game started off very slow. Obviously Julis Rendo had a good first half. But I need a man to be a little bit more aggressive offensively. The rest of the team collectively as a group. I'm not talking about the bench. I'm talking about the starters. Before we even get to the bench, I need offensively, I need them to have better movement. You know, it seemed like everybody was very stagnant standing in one place. I understand the picking rolls, but nothing seemed like it was flowing smoothly, and they weren't working as a unit, you know, cohesively.
Speaker 1: Outside of that. Listen the thunder deal what they need to do.
Speaker 4: Defensively, they smothered them, and it seemed like every shot Nick, I know, I'm not tripping every shot that the Wolves tried to take. It not only was it contested, it seemed like it was difficult, difficult for them to even get a goddamn shot off.
Speaker 1: Yeah it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm looking at it every time they put I'm looking at you had. Julius Randall had thirteen shot attempts. At Man had thirteen shot attempts. Nas Reed was one for eleven, Deevin Cienzo was three or fourteen, Nikhil Alexander Walker was.
Speaker 1: Three of eleven.
Speaker 2: That's not nearly enough shot attempts for your two best players, y'all in the low teams thirteen and fourteen and thirteen and thirteen respectively, and you got two row you got bench players that's getting more shots than you.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 2: They're definitely gonna have to change the game plan and do something differently. Like you said, Julius Randall played really really well tonight, but a man they'll need. They're gonna need two or three guys to come along with Julius Randall. If Randall's gonna continue to play this well, and I don't see any reason why he's not, because they don't have anybody on the opposing team that can take it.
Speaker 1: He's too big of a boud it, he's too.
Speaker 2: Strong, he's too five for he's hitting his three point and when he put three point shot and when he puts the ball on the floor, who can stop it?
Speaker 1: But when you look at this.
Speaker 2: When you look at this nick and you see a team, they held them to thirty five percent from the three from the floor, twenty nine percent from the three point line.
Speaker 3: Beating OKAC with those percentages, well, you're not gonna beat Okay see with that, with that offense. That's that's Okay one. So their offense was so predictable. Oh okay, see, just just loaded up on them. So I'm I'm watching that game, and they're gonna have to find a way to get uh Anthony Edwards out of the corners more, you know what I'm saying, And coming up and being getting down here him playing at the top of the court with with two guys on this side waiting up, it's not gonna work. And they're they're they got a good enough coach, they're gonna go watch them.
Speaker 1: They're gonna make the adjustments and all of that.
Speaker 3: Like with those guys getting those extra shots, with Connelly and de Vincenzo and uh they with them getting those it's that's not a problem because tonight they forced them to take those shots, right, they force them because they said, and you're not gonna beat us, and especially with you just playing in one spot on the court, they gotta move them around a little bit, get them in better spots. And you I saw on the seven half or ok see what they did. They started coming out of the corners, getting more ball moment, creating a single side a little bit easier, and they was able to get easier shots. So once they look at the film, coach, fence is pretty good to make that adjustment. So Game one, you know, okay, see hell served, but I think Minnesota will come back.
Speaker 1: Game two, great a shore, What was your point you wanted to make?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: All I was gonna say, like Nick said earlier, obviously it's game one. You wanted to me really win Game one for me obviously being a Wolves fan, and really going for the Wolves to win. This game is probably gonna go to seven. I hate the fact that it did lose it. To me, it kind of puts you behind the eight ball. But again, like when boxing the first four rounds, what's the first thing you got to do, Nick, You know, you feel your person out, you see what they like to do, try to find a rhythm, try to find a tempo, trying to find what works for you and what doesn't.
Speaker 1: The fact that the Wolves.
Speaker 4: Lost it kind of it kind of it got me a little Anti, a little upset, but I think we're gonna be all right next time. Ant obviously thirteen shots well enough, Julius Dranda was very efficient, and the rest of the team collectively besides the fuck the bench, excuse me my language, forget the bench. The starters need to need to do what they need to do before even worry about the bench, even though done to have a better bench than the Wars.
Speaker 2: I mean, you got Jewish Rama has twenty eight. The rest of the guys that played had sixty. You're not beating Okac with two guys in double figures. That's not gonna happen. Points in the pain Thunder fifty four was twenty ant Man was scoreless in the fourth quarter, and I thought they did Look, I thought they did a good job on shape. Shay had thirty one points, but it took him twenty seven shots to get those knick.
Speaker 1: So I, hey, I'm cool. I'm cool.
Speaker 2: I'm making him work for everything that he's getting. Jaylen william seven or eighteen I can live with that. I can live with that. But if I'm gonna make their two best players be that inefficient, well that means I need to be efficient. I need to take better care of the ball. Because, like you now, when you're playing at the top of the key, you got Shape who's top three and steals? You got lou dort On ball can defend you. Got Jaylen Williams can defend you. Bring in Carson Wallace that can defend you. Bring in Wiggins that can defend you. Bring in Isaare Joke that can defend you. Got check the Hart and Stide that can protect the rim. You better get some cut. I'm talking about some hard cuts. I ain't talking about the little laser as cuts. I'm talking about some hard cut diving, hey, picking and getting down the.
Speaker 1: Hill in a hurry. Because if you don't, they're gonna leave you around.
Speaker 2: You're gonna stay around the three point line and then ay again, fifty one threes. That's not the Timberwolves game. Fifty one three is not their game.
Speaker 4: I have another thing, all right, are either one of you worried? I'm not really worried. I'm just saying about and tweaking his ankle just a little bit. I think that might have affected him as far as it's shooting and being efficient as well, not really able to play the game he really wanted to play after messing it hurting and hurting himself a little bit. I'm sure he probably one of that got it wrapped up, maybe took a shot, whatever they needed to do, just so we can get back in the game. You think that's gonna affect them the rest of the series at any point, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't think he will. I think he would be all right.
Speaker 3: He get he get that day off themorrow, so whenever they play again, I think he'd be fine. Bo Bunks said, Man, they got to move their rock man, and they gotta play faster.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if they hold Okay, see the one shot they gotta get that thing up the court, and they gotta go. They got to create easier opportunities. If not, they gonna be playing half court.
Speaker 2: And if that off, and you're playing five on four because Rudy Gobert is not an option for you. Yeah, just but but he needed to get every goudy damn rebound, and I'll let that thing like Kurt Ramers and Kevin Love and let's go. He had a guy played twenty one minutes. He's seven foot two inches tall. He had three rebounds tonight. He only had three more rebounds than me, and I got on, I.
Speaker 1: Got on this what I had, This is what I had on the whole game.
Speaker 2: Right here, he had three more rebounds than me and these So so this is what I said about that, because he's always in the health position, right, so he's always coming up to the free throw line or the smiley's face, so he's out of position in rebound.
Speaker 1: So in his defense, I'll give that hell.
Speaker 2: They missed forty one shots, he got they missed forty one shots, and you missed fifty miss fifty four shots. So there's ninety three shots that you had a chance to get a rebound and you only got three of or ninety ninety one three.
Speaker 1: Damn, Nick, I.
Speaker 3: Just gave you the best description I can what we do.
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, you know what.
Speaker 4: Another issue is also that for the Wolf, as you get further into the playoffs, obviously the teams you play, they get much better. Yeah, so not only do the Wolves he do better shooting efficiently, efficiently and Julius Rando obviously was good tonight, but the supporting cast, including Anthony Everards, who I say still well keep saying is the face of the NBA. But Minnesota they got to you pay, you pay double for your turnover as well, a double for your turnover, especially in the game like this when you have a team when the actually can go off. Even though they kind of smothered him in the first half and didn't he didn't really get going. He had thirty one, but hell, it took him two hundred shot just to get a thirty one. But they got a turnovers on the offense and capitalize on on a on a on the board as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they had seventeen turnovers, but three of them came from uh but twelve of them came from three players. Jue Ramdall had five McDaniels had three and ad Man had four. Now I'm not really concerned because like Julius, raandlerd and and and and gonna have turnos because they handled the ball. They're your primary ball handlers. So they're gonna.
Speaker 1: Probably be three, probably four game.
Speaker 2: They would be nice if they kemp it the three are under, that would be nice. But they're really not true point guards, and so they're gonna have They're gonna have turnover. Did you gonna get a cup of charging?
Speaker 1: Uh? He gonna get it.
Speaker 2: He gonna get a walk because you go, he forget that it's right for them to pivot, and he gonna pivot back to the left and then he's gonna try to dip up under you and gonna and he's like, yeah, yeah, we got you, bro. But Ni, you said something very interesting. You said they need to play faster. They need to play fast, but they don't need to be in a hurry because if you play in a hurry, you're gonna play right in the Okay, see hands, And now they're getting the ball out. And like you said, when they turned the ball over, you gotta realize you got three guys at the top. You turned it over. They gone the baby big. That's not Hartenstein, that's not chat hungery. You got three guards at the top, you turn it over, they get a deflection and two three dribbles at.
Speaker 3: The rem easy basket. Easy basket, easy basket. I thought, I thought, like you said, I thought they played. They played right into okay see hand. This game was very big.
Speaker 2: I said, Okay, we might have a game because I was hoping after Game seven there used to be oh game seven, game seven man Game seven has been being blowouts lately, So that being said, now let's go back there originally scheduled programming. I thought we were gonna have a really good game, Nick, I really did. At the half, they were playing really well.
Speaker 1: And then with like.
Speaker 2: Four minutes into the third quarter, okay See stepped on the gas and what was a four point lead for Minnesota all all of a sudden turned into a three point lead for okay See, a seven point lead.
Speaker 1: Next thing you know, it's twelve. Yeah. Yeah. I saw a quick adjustment though in the second half, from the first half, and that was from Okac's offense. They moved the ball at a different position as to start.
Speaker 3: So the whole game Minnesota's offense started out so high out on the court and they never adjusted. Okay, see was pretty much playing the same way in the first half, but the coach coach went in made some adjustments, started the offense a little bit, you know, from the top to the corner, then back up to the top, and they created a little bit more space. Then guys, once you get that space, man be able to knock down the open shots. And Minnesota they never had space all night. It was always clogged up.
Speaker 2: For those guys, they're gonna get first, They're gonna contest everything because they got because at worst case scenario, you're gonna have three defenders on the court. I didn't even mention Caruso, who might be arguing that they're best defender. When you look at him and what he does as far as taking charges, as far as guarding the perimeter, guard the big it does not matter. We saw what the number, what he did with Yolk. They played the old boxing one.
Speaker 1: Nick.
Speaker 2: I can't remember where the last time you saw boxing one had to be high school. But they played a boxing one primarily the entire game, and he did an unbelievable job. Yo would feel for him on his left for the next day. You know, he's already in front of him, gone to the right. He feel touch him on the right. Now he's back to the left. He did a great job of that. And so when you look at what OKC has up there, twelve thirteen guys that primarily played sixth of them can defend at an extremely high level. You're not gonna find that anywhere else in the NBA. When you could come off the bench and you got four guys that can define at an elite level, and they can defend at the wing position, which very few teams have wing defenders. Everybody, I want a three and D guy. How many three and D guys they got? They got to Russo, they got Williams, they got Door, they got Wallace, they got Wiggams They I mean, they they're loaded at that that position. And you got two big guys that will protect the rim. They rebounded, understand their job to the pullets. Okay, C's gonna be a tough out and I agree with you, Nick, I think they're gonna have to.
Speaker 1: Look.
Speaker 2: Chris Fincher is very good. I think he's named coach of here. A couple of years back, he had to cook the.
Speaker 1: Year m.
Speaker 3: Oh ash as oh.
Speaker 1: Oh oh choe, you got a cigar ash on your face? I do yeah, your name Ojo.
Speaker 4: Right, Hey, hey, I appreciate you, man, I appreciate you could mess it damn makeup.
Speaker 1: I got on fency right now too. I don't know what that is, but you need to get it off. But look I'm good now. Yes, So Nick, what the big adjustment?
Speaker 2: Even with that adjustment, do you think the Wolves have enough to deal with the with the thunder?
Speaker 3: I think it's gonna be a long series and I think they do. Like I said, I think they are going to make them adjustments. Chris Fencing and the coaching staff, they gonna go watch film and and and they're gonna see all the mistakes that they made offensively. And you know, you you made a good point about you know, Okc's perimeter defenders, they're wing defenders.
Speaker 1: And what makes them even better is their good team defenders. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sometimes this guy's can be good on ball defenders and they can just stick to their man and not be in health position, not being big position.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Those guys not only do they defend the ball good, they defend the help side good and that makes them makes it even tougher to to go against them guys. But oh, Minnesota, they have enough. They have enough to make it an even series. And you know, I'm not too much worried about that game one because Game one is like O Joe said, Earl, it's a fill out, you know. So now they got to go and make their adjustments. I think this series is gonna go a long way. So buckle up.
Speaker 2: I was thinking, because the Thunder just got out of an extended series, seven long games, short death rest. Minnesota, they've been resting, they've been off damn near week. I was like, man, they're about to come in and run up and down the court. But it looked like that, it would look like it was reversed. Those guys were the guys that had heavy legs, and okay, C was getting up and down the court.
Speaker 3: You know, I never figured that out because that's always been a thing. Right, they'd be like, well, they got rest, they're gonna be well rested. Well sometimes, motherfucker, you too, tied and that the other team that just came out that game said, and guess what they in the flock.
Speaker 1: Right can work against? So who knows how it really works, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And uh, tonight, I was expecting, okay see to come out the way they did slow. They came off real slow. But they did that because Minnesota didn't do anything. So as they came off slow, you know, at some point, okay, s was gonna pick it up. I was just like, damn, okay See fans they sitting on their hands right now.
Speaker 1: Minnesota got to take advantage of that, and they, yes, they never did. But hold on, Nick, you say, you say the game going going seven? Right? I think it's gonna be a long series.
Speaker 4: Oho, It's gonna be a long serious But I want to know who you got like Minnesota that I like Minnesota like it was okay, okay, okay, you you know, you know your business, You know your business.
Speaker 1: I like Minnesota.
Speaker 3: But but I'm gonna tell you this though, So all four of these teams that's in the playoffs, Man, anybody can win it. Anybody can win the championship. That's that's the beauty of this one. So it ain't like there's no clear cut faded you know, any other team you get the Lakers favorite of Boston favorite, this you got fotis in this thing right now that they often win it.
Speaker 2: So I like that, Nick, you had a story. We was talking to our camera. You said you got a story to tell. You wanted to tell the story. What's the story?
Speaker 3: Both of y'all man, both of y'all played me like I was a little peon man who show a couple of years ago. Oh Joe, I don't walk up through the Cincinnati airport. You got your shades on you. You probably couldn't see you know what I'm saying, And you walking so goddamn fast.
Speaker 1: I'm been like, what up? Oh Joe, you had me.
Speaker 3: With and you walking, so I'm looking behind him like damn, it's Ray Lewis chasing you. Was su And then you had to call the saying now it was he just walked through these Yeah, yeah that was me.
Speaker 1: I said, I just walked right by.
Speaker 4: You're like, oh okay, And I know I probably said, oh I ain't No, I was probably lake from a flight.
Speaker 1: See that's a funny about though. Man. That's good stuff. What you man? You go away back? You treated me. I got like, god, you long.
Speaker 4: But one you got to understand, Nick, you said, I have my sunglasses on right. Then you said I was walking fast. So if I got my sunglasses on and I'm walking fast, that means I'm late for a goddamn spirit fly.
Speaker 3: You see all you're doing me on, I saw that. But you did.
Speaker 1: You did in girty too. Where we did.
Speaker 3: We was in Vegas at eight at the Cedar Bar. That is right, Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, that is Hey, Hey, I got I got my drink, my new drink. It just came out right about three, Yes, yeah, I got I'm a new drink. I'm gonna run up to the room. I'm gonna grab a couple of bollers, I said, okay, cool. So were sitting over there smoking. You walk in. You have about three bottles with you. You you're in the be out cleaning room of course, you know, yeah, bought have been twenty twenty two, twenty twenty one. Yeah, yeah you can, twenty twenty two. Yeah, you came down at about three, four bottles. I'm sitting there with my guys, you know, were sitting there smoking. You came in with the bottles. You look dad, and then when straight to the room, I'm like, damn, well, maybe he's gonna come out and crant in a little glass or something.
Speaker 1: Till about five minutes go by. You know what I'm saying. I go up to the door, the goddamn dog line.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I knocked on the door, then gonna brower security guard. Hey, I'm trying to get a little bit of that joint. He's like, nah, I ain't, ain't having no guests and.
Speaker 1: Closed the dope. Oh he closed the door, closed the door. That's on me.
Speaker 2: But you know what we're gonna do that I'm won't get I won't get you a couple of bottles. I'm gonna get your information and I'm gonna get you a couple of bottles to make sure you know what the best testing, the best tasting vessel pe Konjact on the market. Let you see what it tastes like and you can judge it for yourself.
Speaker 1: But that's on me. That's on me. See that. See that was bad. That was bad. That was nick I I apologize I had I just said I'm gonna get it from Conjact. Damn. But he told me about I walked by him in the airport. At least I was.
Speaker 4: I was going to a flight and I was late, and I ain't realized it was him, because you know, I'm like six five, so I ain't seen that. That's that's the difference. So you did him real dirty because you had security.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't even got security.
Speaker 2: Half the cigar eight cigar eight half security.
Speaker 1: I ain't have no damn security. When you have seen Nick, they closed the dog. Well, man, he cracked the dog.
Speaker 3: I said, I'm trying to be a little right, Okay, cool, God damn yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Hey, oh Joe Day, you didn't have me. I couldn't get in there for a minute.
Speaker 4: I said, Man, you don't they Hey, Nick, you know how it be when they get when they Hollywood.
Speaker 3: Now they reached. Now that was that was all that was under That was undiscwed it up. That was undersecwed it up.
Speaker 1: Man. He checked it out for the first time twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: The twenty twenty twenty one season, the Boston Celtics will not be in the Eastern Conference Finals. During a recent conversation with Steve Nash on Mind the Game podcast, Lebron said he thinks the Celtics got bored. It seems like sometimes it seemed like they got bored sometimes with the I don't I don't want to save the process.
Speaker 1: Because I mean, ish they are who they are.
Speaker 2: When you look at Tatum and you look at Brown, this is the year year to year, and they punched their ten thousand dollars. But sometimes it seems like they got a little bored because of how great they are. Not only do those two individuals, but as a team. Sometimes it looked like they got bored. How you get bored? They won one championship. I can see if they wont like three.
Speaker 1: They went back to back like Shaq, like Shaq and Kobe Lakers, or like.
Speaker 2: The the Bulls in the nineties, or let's just say, let's just say, for the sake of arment Nick, they were like the Cavaliers.
Speaker 1: Eight straight finals, six straight finals. How did y'all you get bored?
Speaker 3: You won one championship. I don't think they got bored. I just think I think they got the ass whip. I think they lost. Like I mean, you look at the first two games they ever dub they are twenty. Yeah, okay, you ain't getting bored. You got bored with the game and you started you kept taking them badass threes as opposed to yees, touching the paint and taking threes you wanna do you want to take step back threes with with the defense guard and you contest and then you got the other four guys inside ready to rebound.
Speaker 1: In New York, you played right into their hands.
Speaker 3: They they got an assassin, you know, Jalen Bernson, fourth quarter of Assassin. So they I don't think they was bored with the with the series, or or they couldn't have been bord winning like you said. I just think they got bored during those two games. But at the end of the day, they are a dub in games one and two.
Speaker 4: Hey, nick, I asked on two, I talked uncle and Ice old Joe, and I was saying, listen, everything they do is one dimensional.
Speaker 1: Why not run plays? Why not do something else?
Speaker 4: And listen they say they live, they live, and they died by the three God, that's not that's how they gonna be.
Speaker 2: Die because, oh Joe, because if you look at it, the Kniggs want to play all the Knicks saying, let us get to the last five minutes of the game. We believe with Brunson, who we believe is the best clutch player in the NBA, we believe if we can get you to the last five minutes of the ball game, and the game is close, we can beat you. You see the problem the Celtics have. Once those threes got don't start falling, It's hard for them to get into a set in the last five minutes of the game because they really haven't run a whole lot of sense.
Speaker 1: To begin with. It's three to eight, JB, is your turn to take two? Three threes in the row? Down? All right?
Speaker 2: JT you up next? Okay, Derrick White? What you got for us? Al Horford? And the thing is, it's hard when you really haven't run a whole lot of offense. Now all of a sudden, O Joe, it's like you, hey, bro, let me touch the ball early now, Joe, Dame came to you the whole game, four court, don't Joe what you like? I like for the game to be over because y'all been digging around the whole day and now y'all want we to work magic. Well, that's the Celtics. Y'all been dealing down around. Y'all taking fifty sixty threes now in the last two three minutes of the ball game, and you need the runner set.
Speaker 1: You're not conditioning, you're not wired to run.
Speaker 2: They say, you still want to run behind that three point line in jack upper shot, and it caught up with.
Speaker 1: Them, Big facts, big facts.
Speaker 3: I was saying that throughout, you know, this season, like, yeah, it's cute.
Speaker 1: In the regular season, you can get away with it. It's cute.
Speaker 3: But Ocho just said, as you go deeper in the playoffs, the teams get better. You know, you're saying, if they in the first round, they go up twenty, they may and they go down ten or whatever. They probably didn't come back and still win that game. But when they play against the Knicks, a team that's a grind nick, greedy team, it's gonna be a little bit tougher.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to You're gonna have to change the way they think. That's exactly right.
Speaker 2: And the thing is is, like you said, oh they took the most threes, they made the most threes. Okay, Like you said, Okay, you playing Orlando one night, you at Miami the next night, do you come up to the East coast? Trip you got Charlotte Atlanta. Now we're in a seven game series, got two games here. You ain't ain't nobody going nowhere. We locked in, We know what you do. You know what we do. Okay, execute It comes down to execute it. I honestly I hate watching the Celtics play because all I know is they're gonna jack up a whole bunch of bad ass threes now if they go in, Oh, the Celtics, that's the new era, that's the new wave. Okay, y'all keep on thinking of y'all, Stephen Clay and you see it to get you.
Speaker 3: Even in Game four in New York, you know, before Jason Tatum went down, game they lost.
Speaker 1: They was gonna lose, yes down, they was already down five or six.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we know in a close and we know in a close ball game against the Knicks the reason why they blew out the They blew out the Knicks in Game three, but in game four, and we had already saw the blueprint because they had that big leading Game four.
Speaker 1: We saw them have the big leading leading game one and two.
Speaker 2: And what happened slow walk them down still, because here's the thing, that three point shoting is a blessing and a curse because you can get a big lead.
Speaker 1: Nick, you know, when you first.
Speaker 2: Got your lead, teams got twenty twenty twenty five point leads.
Speaker 1: It wasn't no coming back. You might get one to two comebacks a year.
Speaker 2: Now with the three point shot, you go cold, and that you up twenty. You go cold from the three, and you take a couple of bad threes. Now all of a sudden they hit three in the row, get an a one and a layup. Now twenty point leaders down to six.
Speaker 1: Easy.
Speaker 2: Now you're looking like, damn, what happened. What happened is that you kept taking bad shots. You didn't run anytime, and you taking threes early in the shot clock, sixteen seconds on the clock, and you letting the three go. You get I saw them get a situation, Nick, They shot a three, they missed it, got the rebound, kicked it out again, got the rebound again, he said, night, passed it to the corner al shot, It got to rebound again. I said, well, damn, somebody gonna like say, oh, whoa, whoa, let's slow this thing down. Let's get a good shot. Eight, let's hey, one for a flat, Let's what hey, let's run a pick and roll.
Speaker 3: Let me let let me see that for him again. Oh no, that's all that's.
Speaker 1: Hey, Nick.
Speaker 2: Now we look we pulled up to Georgia High Schools Association. I'm one of the few guys that's ever scored fifty points in the ball game.
Speaker 1: I ain't telling you what. I have a triple double I got.
Speaker 2: I can show you the clips shot the sharp lest Glenville High to a thirty one points nineteen rebound till fifty two points, thirty seven thirty six.
Speaker 1: I got it.
Speaker 3: Let me let me ask you this so so your your co host, right, he'd be.
Speaker 1: Doing a lot of like he did. Who who y'all team one on one? Who? I need to better on? Man?
Speaker 4: We got NBA players can't even beat me playing you talking about me playing hu? Man, tighten up, Man, tighten up. This is what I do, nig I asked you to play me. What's the first thing you said? Oh nah, I'm good.
Speaker 1: I'm good. What we talking about?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: That's like me asking you like this is wrun some rounds. Man, I'm gonna check you like more. Man, i't it's more time on you. Man, I may get hurt.
Speaker 1: Man. I ain't have time for that.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to me.
Speaker 4: You're gonna get hurt anywhere her anyway doing anything with me competitive This is what I do. Like, I'm a better basketball player and football player. I just I just happened to take the ride of football.
Speaker 2: That's all that's I was a better back. I was a better basketball player than football. There you go, Hey, I.
Speaker 4: Was Nick in high school. In high school, right, you know I went to I went to Miami Beast. Right, listen, every time we played Nick, I was fifty six, twelve and ten.
Speaker 1: A bad night for me was probably forty eight.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, if you if you say quick man, you know what I was like, thirty two, nine and eight.
Speaker 1: That's more of evil. Fifty six. The grapes in the NBA ain't can do that in high school. Man, like you saying some crazy numbers, numbers.
Speaker 4: You about the greats the grace. But they wasn't me in high school. That's what did that tell you? They wasn't men.
Speaker 3: Probably everybody you probably came off the bench, who came off the bench you, I mean, it's a lot of teams in the NBA right now.
Speaker 1: Can use me coming off the bench. No, anybody can use you.
Speaker 2: Cold up the bitch, you crazy here man, comet off the bitch and get them towels and get their jacket. Make sure their jacket turned right side out. They don't need you for anything. They don't need you for anything else.
Speaker 1: Blame me, Nick, Blame me one on one. Blame me one on one. I got it.
Speaker 3: So the last time I was right, and last time on hoop, I was coaching with the Atlanta Hawks, and I hadn't hooped in years, man. And the only reason I said I ain't hooping no more because I didn't want to have no more on knee service.
Speaker 1: So so oh yours.
Speaker 3: So the damn so, the damn assistant coaches and you know, managing and ship.
Speaker 1: They they just chirping all year.
Speaker 3: They chirped around December twenty one, December twenty two, I'm like, you know what, we're fineling. We're finish hoope today. So I went out there and hoped. Man, next thing, you know, I told my quad and hey, yeah, And I did it on the simplest move that you can ever think.
Speaker 1: Of, just snap. I was like, oh man, I'm done. I ain't et them. Yeah that's playing ball again, now, ain't. I ain't a horse type. I need to be moving, I need to be active.
Speaker 2: He nick them muscles and tendons. They don't have the elasticity they once had.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, they.
Speaker 2: I ain't getting out there anyway because I already got both here for replaced, and I ain't trying to get nothing else replaced.
Speaker 1: No sub no sub.
Speaker 3: Man. You played our sports hard. Yeah, so we have surge reasons we beat We beat up to leg playing they heal the still run on tracks and all that shit. Yes, y'all doing that. You know what y'all got hurt.
Speaker 4: Y'all know y'all got hurt because your bones weak, because your nutrition was bad.
Speaker 1: That's the point of McDonald's. Yeah, you ain't never been a callus in your body eating all that healthy ship. That's the problem.
Speaker 2: I I did ain't healthy, not not the first three years, but the last the last eleven years. Yes see, that's the problem. The last eleven years is why you need hip surgery.
Speaker 1: First of all, I played longer than you did. I played. Let me is how long you played? Fourteen? Well? Hold on, I play actually thirteen because I played in Mexico and I played in fourteen. See you still they played fourteen? Well, I played flag football and you only played one year of college. You's ineligible for two years.
Speaker 3: Shit, I was a knucklehead made. Oh you got one year juco. You got one year juco in one year of August. I got two years of you got two years.
Speaker 1: You got to count? Link got a count, links got kicked out. I know, but still count. Don't count. You didn't play. It's still count.
Speaker 3: There ain't only count count something when you didn't do it. I'm in the yearbook, but you didn't play.
Speaker 1: I can't say I joined the Army just because I went down to take the recruiting tests. No, I got to be in the army. You can't. They give you a shirt. If you get your shirt, I mean use a part. I ain't give me no shirt. I will. I was gonna go down to the office. I ain't. I ain't, I ain't nothing, sign nothing. Check this out. Let me know what you think about this. Uh uh.
Speaker 2: Nick d Wade was not impressed by Jimmy Butler's performance against the timber Woods. I think the thing with Jimmy is I didn't like the way he approached the game. I know, jim is it past first guy. I know he's about getting his teammate the bar and I want to see them shine. But it's a point where you're getting sixty million. This ain't working. You gotta go, and he won't look at the basket. I've seen this before, and I've seen it in a heat jersey. Jimmy's too good of a basketball player to not have his imprint on the game. And sorry, sir, when it's time for you to take over, you just have to. And even if you can't do it, from the standpoint of you, you ain't making no shots. I don't care. Shoot bad offense. If you're not shooting good to close at the paint, but not getting the ball up to the basket, that's just bad offense. What do you think about d Wade saying about what he saw from Jimmy Butler and the Warriors uniform minus Steph Is there any cred as to what d Wade is saying.
Speaker 3: I agree one thousand percent, and the reason is because I've seen them do it too much.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Because yep.
Speaker 3: I think Jenny is a guy, and Jenny wanted to He can be up there as a scoring leader in the NBA for a season if he wanted to.
Speaker 1: But he has the mindset of he's not in the kill.
Speaker 3: Mold all the time, and what d Wade and what pat Riley was saying, you know, for Jimmy is like, we're paying.
Speaker 1: You that money to be that guy, to be twenty five twenty seven a night, not.
Speaker 3: Just in the playoffs, because if you don't want to do it in the regular season, we're in the playing games. Yeah, we got Jimmy Butler, you know, making his bread. He deserves it to them the two finals. He deserves the bread. But as a franchise, we see you as being a guy who is the guy and we need you to do that. And I've been saying that for years about Jimmy, and I think he's a hell of a player, you know, and you Donnas said it best, and.
Speaker 1: He's a smart player.
Speaker 3: Because what Jimmy did, and I've played against him, is when I was coaching with the Hawks in the playoffs, Man, this dude wasn't doing nothing but taking the ball to the basket and making the layups. And to me, if you're able to do that, it's some form of intimidation from the other side to where they keep letting you get to the goddamn basket and shoot fucking layups, like you got to put a body on somebody at some point. But he lived in the paint and was just finishing. And I think Jimmy, if he wanted to, he can do that every night, if he wanted to. So I agree with what d Wade said. Well, you know I love Jimmy's game.
Speaker 1: Because you look at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're in the playing or we're the or we'll succeeed, or we're way down and now we're trying to play ketchup. We never have home court. And like you said, and we've seen him do it. We see him go on the road and do what they did to the Celtics. We saw what they did to a Billy Milwaukee. We know what he's capable of doing. But at this point in time, when we playing U sixty million, we don't want Magic Johnson. We don't want John Stockton, we won't Michael, we won't. We want guys that's go with Kobe. We want you to have that mentality. Damn the rest up because the rest of them can't make enough shots in order to win the game. Their in print is not gonna win you the game. And plus they're not the guys making sixty million. We playing U sixty million.
Speaker 4: Hey, Nick, is there at any point at a player with Jimmy of Jimmy's caliber. Well, when you're making that kind of money and we know what you can do and you're not doing it, do you think injury comes into play where you become gunshy and don't want to pull a trigger and shooting because if you do lose a game, it got the onus of it and lo losing is because of you and you lose a little bit of confidence.
Speaker 3: I won't think so, man, because because Jimmy, I've seen them plays like that and then come right back and do his thing. It's it's like when step went down, he had a big game in Golden State. Yeah they needed him, so he he He's very capable of doing it. I don't know if it's a mental thing, like you know, I don't. I just don't want to go out here and shoot twenty shots. I don't want to feel like I'm a ball hall whatever it is. But if I know Jimmy Butler's team and I'm the point guard, hey dog, you gotta shoot that thing about twenty five times tonight.
Speaker 2: You got Yes, they got to you. Notice we don't never say that about Shae. We don't never say it. What Shae man wasn't aggressive, but though man, she ain't get enough shots up. Shae gonna be in the twenties. Hell, he might be in the thirties. And that's the that's the approach Jimmy needs to take. We saw Jimmy. What was that game against Milwaukee? He had like fifty six fifty seven. He couldn't miss, super aggressive. We watched him in the in game five? Was the game five?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Game five?
Speaker 2: We watched him in game five. He goes toe to toe with Lebron everything Lebron. Lebron had a triple double. You saw that one where he's leading on the table. He's exhausted, but.
Speaker 1: He getting into it. He ain't passing ish, He's shooting the basketball. He getting in the paint. He drawing fout. Now, all of a sudden, why I'm cool being Robin?
Speaker 4: Nah?
Speaker 2: Bro Robin He Robbie didn't have no Robbie didn't have nothing but suit. He ain't have no robbin where's Robin belt? Robert ain't got no car, he ain't got no no Robbin mobile, he ain't got no butler. Nah, hell nah, we need you to be Batman because Superman is out, so you need to step up. Ain't no more bad, Ain't no more Robin. Robin a little things on his eyes though, right when the last time you saw them making series about Robin. I see all these Batman and ain't not one of them. All the Batman that are made, ain't none of them had no Robbin in it.
Speaker 1: Okay, but he out for them?
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 2: Hell nah, he need to be super Steph Curry Superman. We need another superhero. What the comic book with Ron?
Speaker 1: We need it.
Speaker 3: I ain't never seen no coming book with Robin. You see the coming book with just Robin, especially when Steph was out.
Speaker 1: Man out. Okay, we winn He got you.
Speaker 3: If step for fifteen or twenty games next year and you're healthy, this is why we got you so we can stay in that three to sixth spot.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. This is why we got you so we can stay right there. We don't.
Speaker 3: We didn't get you for if Steph goes out, now we're gonna slid to the ninth and tiph spot, you know what I'm saying. So in order for to stay at the three sixth spot or win playoff games without Steph he gotta be Batman.
Speaker 2: Gotta be he's got to be the super He has to take the same approach. I mean, look, we I understand that his role, his role somewhat changes on the team with Steph, but I gotta have that mind I gotta have that that same mindset.
Speaker 1: At that day. I need to get a roll.
Speaker 3: Don't change, you know what I'm saying, Cause Steph is gonna be step right and Stephan is gonna need you to take that load off. So it's okay, shot fifteen and you still shoot twenty with Seth. You you don't take as Jimmy Butler, he don't take bad shots, So you still can get up twenty shots. And we as a team were gonna live with that because we know they're not gonna be crazy shots. You know what, I'm right, And so even as Stephan's there, you still can do your thing.
Speaker 2: Because we look at our game, Bond your membery at the game, Jimmy took nine shots. Jimmy had another game he took eleven shots.
Speaker 1: What the hell is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, guys, off the bitch. You got a pods. He's getting up eighteen nineteen shots and you've been a commando getting up twenty shots, and you've been to tell me you're supposed to be the guy you making sixty million, and you getting the ball up nine times, and you know you're not getting to the free throw line. So at least, okay, you will take nine shots, Okay, get to the free throw line twenty times. Get to the free throw line fifteen seventeen times, Okay, I can understand, now.
Speaker 1: Shots. You see what a shade?
Speaker 2: Shaye got up twenty seven shots and still got to the fire line fourteen times.
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 4: You know what else Nick, you know about about Jimmy? He gonna take bad shots. He don't take that vast shots. He's gonna always He's gonna always either facilitate to somebody else or take the right shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Always, He's always been that way. Now, when he put that motherfucker on the floor, oh my bad. Well, he put the ball on the floor and he wanted to put his head down and go to the basket. He gonna do just that no matter who it is.
Speaker 1: Just not shooting. That's why I think he was injured. I think he was injured and he just didn't say anything. I see it.
Speaker 3: Everybody injured right now, exactly everybody. Everybody don't played the ass load of games. Oh, Joe, you figure they got eighty two. They don't play They was in the play in tournament. Uh, the Warriors were they got playing the first ride it with seven games. Yeah, everybody exhausted.
Speaker 1: Everybody.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: During Sunday's Game seven between the Thunder and the Nuggets, Trey Young took the X with his subtle jabbed Knicks fans hot take but not ok see fans A loud of the Knick fans happy Sunday, Nick, I don't know if you played in that arena, they might have shut that down by the time.
Speaker 1: By the time, by the time you got you might have played there.
Speaker 3: And is it you think I ain't that old man? Hold on, hold on? First of all, that arena, man, damn, you came in. You came in a couple of years after me, Nick six, man, they came I got two years in that arena. Chris Paul was over there. He crossed me up about five times in one player.
Speaker 1: He was over there. Hollow home. No, Nick, they couldn't have been there because that ain't moving until way.
Speaker 3: They had they had the Hornets. Remember the New Orleans or somebody going over there they had to take.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, that might have been a situation now, but they played the same well they played in San Antonio.
Speaker 1: You talking about with.
Speaker 2: Katrina they playing Okay, see, it might have did, but I know the supersided I don't think the supersideds moved to Kd's second year.
Speaker 1: KD came in in eight, and I think they moved in nine. Yeah, they moved in eight. Okay.
Speaker 2: Kt was drafted in O seven and then they moved in eight, which was Russy's rookie year, because Harden came in on nine. Okay, So how loud if? I mean, look you so, I know you played in the MSG and you played in a lot of arenas. It's okay, see the loudest, one of the loudest. Is there any truth to what Trey Young was saying. Yeah, it's it's definitely one of the loudest. I don't know if I never played them in the playoffs. So that's that a bit okay different. Okay, when you talk about NBA arenas.
Speaker 3: Like that gives you a college fear, yes, And most of the time college arenas are more loud and more fronk. You know what I'm saying, mohike, And okay, see gives you that that that college atmosphere and they get up and they cheer. They got their little chance and everything. So okay, see, definitely is is consistently loud. You know what I'm saying. There's a lot of arenas where a team can stink and it ain't as loud. They only get loud when that team is winning. They got a good run. But okayc is consistently loud and.
Speaker 2: Plus like there's nothing else going on in ok see what you're gonna see in ok See? You ain't finishy. No, you're not finishing no NFL game. You're not finishing no NLB MLB game. You're not fintashy hockey. And it ain't football season. So you got a long wigh out time to wait to go see the old the Sooners or the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: So now what so that all you got? And a lot of times it's kind of like Green Bay, what what you going to do? Hey, don't do that, won't do that? What else he gonna don't do that? I won't do that? La you know the Laker?
Speaker 2: Mean look you got I mean you got all everything going on. You got the Clippers. You know they ain't making no noise. You know they ain't doing nothing. But you got the Kings, you got, you got the Dodgers. I mean you got you know, you got Benn's beat, you got Sambo, you got, you got Malibu. Man, you got a respect and how and the people that buy the stuff, like it's not like like MSG. You look at those guys man, h h Tracy Uh, Tracy Morgan going crazy, Spike going crazy? Uh?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Was it Ben? Ben Steeler? Ben Steeler? You see those those slams are going crazy. Ain't like that. Ain't like that. L A.
Speaker 2: I come here, I get it. Crump, I get crumb, you know, I get I get crumped. They ain't get into the game halftime in the l A. Miami, How I said, Miami. You know they don't get that to the third quarter?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, oh.
Speaker 3: Wait, and don't be losing. They gonna leave. They're gonna leave early. Well you saw what happened when they when Ray hit that shot. Everybody tried to come back, try to come back to they all know, lock the door on people trying to get back in.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But when you when you when you think about it, so because you hear it, like, okay, role players play better at home. Uh, the crowd's gonna get you into it. How important is it to keep the crowd at bay when you're on the road in a playoff series?
Speaker 1: Nick, It's huge, It's huge.
Speaker 3: And I thought Minnesota did a great job in the first half because that's one of the things I was paying attention to, is they ain't letting the crowd affect the game. But you know, once that's that second half and they made that first runner, you, Curty North knew it was gonna be downhill, be just because of the offense. The offense was just so stagnant and we know, okay, see you know they get them steals and deflections and the easy, easy fast break points, get the crowd going, it's gonna be tough, man. So anytime you can keep the crowd chilling to where they now a factor, that's gonna be big for the road team.
Speaker 2: Shaq added fuel to the NBA draft lotted lottery conspiracy theories. He shared the deep tails of a conversation between himself and then commissioner David Stern that occurred three months before the nineteen ninety two drafts. Stern says to me, Hey, can't wait for you to come to the NBA. Then he pulled me off to the side. You want to play where's cold or where it's hot?
Speaker 1: He asked me that. Yeah, he did. He asked me that, and I was like hot. He smiled and I smiled.
Speaker 2: Shaq ultimately got his wish when Orlando won that year's lottery, with Charlotte and Minnesota getting the second and third picks, respectively. You hear a lot of conspiracy theories, and there are a lot of situations that can make these senses sound good and sound true. It's very interesting how it's all played out, Nick, is the NBA Draft lottery rig.
Speaker 3: So we just talked about this on my pod Quick to the Point, Nick, that's a part click to the point, check it out of you team. But we just talked about this because I thought in the past it seemed a little fishy, you know what I'm saying. But this one, this one, I can't say so because you want to help a situation to where you think that player is going to really elevate that sid right right, And to me, Cooper flatter he would have been perfect in Utah. You can't tell me no different. He would have been perfect in Utah and Dallas, they already got a championship team. They come back healthy. They by the time anyway, February come around and they are healthy, we're gonna be talking about Dallas as a championship contending team. So with them getting that number one pick, and you know, Cooper Flag of course, you know, being the number one pick that everybody says, Cooper Flag may not even come in and help them right away in the playoffs. You know what I'm saying, that's a that's a real thing. He may not help them in the playoffs. And him going in Utah, in my eyes, was the ideal situation. So I can't see this from being a fix.
Speaker 1: That's just me. Nah, that's that's that's definitely a fix. Nick, That's definitely a fix.
Speaker 4: Got me, come on now, Just so just a coincidence they get rid of look right, and just so happened of all teams that in the larger to get the number one pick, it just so happened coincidentally it's Dallas.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean, let me ask you this, it's so oddo. Let me ask you this. Why But what's the point for the NBA to do that? Like, what's the point? I have no idea, but never know what the point is. I mean me, I would never know what the point is.
Speaker 4: But obviously here with a Luca and all of a sudden, you have nothing left, you got you got ads, gonna be by yourself, Katie, I mean not Katie. Kyrie's coming back at some point when he gets a little better off as a c l Then there's there's nothing.
Speaker 1: There's there's nothing else. Yeah, there's you see. Everybody I'll talk to about it like they don't have a real like the reason for we don't know the reason. We don't know the reason for it.
Speaker 3: We just know it makes no sense and it's too And you don't say something like, well, they gave up Luca to the Lakers. Now the Lakers, we gave them another future player, you know, after Lebron Leeds, and now we're going to do this favor for you guys. I don't see that, you know what I'm saying, because they are already a championship team if they come back healthy. So that's that's just my thinking, like our thought before the David Robinson san Antonio, Yeah, Tim Duncan San Antonio. You know there's Cleveland Lebron Like I've thought some before, but this one you couldn't. You couldn't tell me that the number one picked one going to Utah and Cooper Flya's gonna be in Utah next year just because ye people.
Speaker 2: People feel the same thing with Zion Zion going to New Orleans the same year they lost a d Well. Everybody swore if they don't think anything else was rigged in eighty five, the first year they had the lottery and Patrick Ewing going to the Knicks, they swear that was red. Now now now see that album, you can you can say like New York, big media market, we need a big time player, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Like they have a.
Speaker 3: Reason to say that for that one, right, ok ain't no reason? Yes, So I can't rolle with you, oh Joe.
Speaker 1: Now I know, I know you can't rolle with me.
Speaker 4: To me and just just you know, if if it's smoked, is a fire somewhere and when they when it comes to that one, I could be wrong, but it just is too close.
Speaker 1: It's too close, okay.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: Kendrick Perkins called out Donovan Mitchell saying, Hey, Donovan and Donovan Mitchell led team has never been to the conference finals. Donovan Mitchell, Donovan Mitchell, you got a coach fire.
Speaker 1: You got JB. Bickerstaff fired. This is a fact. You had no communication with that man while he was there, so you didn't like him. Right. As soon as he got fired, you signed a contract extension, right, you extended with the Chaws. Nick.
Speaker 3: Is there any truth to what Big Perkins said? I think Big Perk, you know, is entitled to his opinion, you know what I'm saying. And uh, I'll say a little truth to that. But here's my thinking on that. When you get rid of JD.
Speaker 1: Bickerstaff, you substituted a defensive, gritty you know what I'm saying, We gonna come at you kind of a coach, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That took Cleveland from where they were nothing and started building that thing up to Yes, they got an identity, right.
Speaker 1: And Kenny Akerson is a great coach. I worked with him in Atlanta.
Speaker 3: He's a great coach, great with the x's and o's. But he's more of an offensive minded coach, right, Yeah, he's he's more of a he's more of a laid back. You can see his demeanor on the sideline. He's more of a laid back players kind of a coach. Well, James be gonna be gonna pay no hats in the meetings, you know what I'm saying. We're still gonna do defensive slides in practice, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So he created an identity that to me, I think they lost.
Speaker 2: I think they won a more offense and they lost their grit, they griminess, and they lost to a team in Indiana who I thought was gonna beat him anyway because of the way they played. But Garland set out a game. Hunter sat out a game.
Speaker 3: Uh, the big guy set out a game like I don't think they sit out there those games if they got that greediness still in them with a coaching like that, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: So it's some true to what purpose saying.
Speaker 3: But I'm not gonna I'm not gonna come at my man like that, because I think he bought his butt up, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And sometimes you need some help, you need some help.
Speaker 3: But I think they substituted offense for defense, and they lost a lot of that greetiness with with coach bigger staff left.
Speaker 2: But at some point in time, Domind's gonna have to get a team to the conference finals because he's had the better team on several occasions. You win sixty sixty four games this year and you get bounced in the second round, you lose, you lose three games at home. We saw in Utah he had great situations up oh two, I mean had a team down too old the Clippers. They lose. So at some point in time, if he's a superstar, that's what we do with superstars. We put that blame. When Kadie didn't get it done, we blame kd Well. Lebron didn't get it done, we blamed Lebron. If if Donovan Mitchell is a superstar, you can't win sixty four games and go home, lose three games and lose three games at home. Three, Yeah, that was tough. That was tough.
Speaker 3: And then the way they lost game two was you know one, once they lost game two, it was over.
Speaker 1: When we lost game two, yeah, that just broke their spirit.
Speaker 2: He is I mean, they had they had the game in hand in game one and they lost it.
Speaker 1: You're like, okay, hey, one game. Hey, you go back, we win game two.
Speaker 2: Now we go to Indiana, we get game we backed all square, and like you said, when Halliburton hit that shot.
Speaker 1: But nah, all right, you know.
Speaker 3: We Halliburton he's from Wisconsin, right, top player from Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, That's that's what we do.
Speaker 1: That's what we do. Hit big shots. Oh Lord, there we go. That's what we do. Hold you where you from? What we do hit the big shots for whiskey constant. I ain't know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, jeez it, okay, okay, okay, we got to talk about my path is none of that.
Speaker 1: We have.
Speaker 3: We have one of the greatest receivers in history. He's final Hey Man College got all Man Man? Yeah, sure, Man, my man in the Hall of Flame. His refer his numbers better than other play fifteen years Man stopped playing
Speaker 1: The volume